Speaker 1: Yesterday you didn't even know it existed, and today it's all over our station.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Coming up at the bottom of the hour, we'll get back into our around the Beef series. Who is Metallica's biggest fight? We'll get to all that, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for Basins week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: This morning, I was locked in the trial of the year has come to a head. I'm gonna walk you through it timeline style because I was following this tweeting out my thoughts at kt fun tweets my hot takes on this huge case.
Speaker 1: This feels very Loukner.
Speaker 2: I was in my Lookner zone, and I've got a little Lookner in me.
Speaker 1: You do Luckner, who.
Speaker 2: Did right on SNL for many years.
Speaker 1: That's an unnecessary sidebar, but he's unbiased.
Speaker 2: He has no agenda. His agenda free, and that's why we trust him.
Speaker 1: You got a thick agenda. I have so many agendas. He's like Bill O'Reilly, I have a girthy agenda. Yep, it's vany pulsating nine to eleven am Central time. Okay, the way is it offensive to buy a painting that someone made of Burt and Ernie live in their living room at nine to eleven's happening and they're watching TV.
Speaker 2: Their mouths are open, they're going and they're shocked.
Speaker 1: Where can I get this? Okay, so you're gonna buy it, I'm curious as to the existence of it.
Speaker 2: It absolutely exists, and I could get a smaller version of it for about fifteen bucks plus ten dollars shipping. But then I was like, I think a kind of bad thing to do, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, but it is funny cursing yourself and your family, putting a lot of bad mojo out there. But I'd like you to do it. Is that the worst thing to do than start an NFT podcast? It's not.
Speaker 2: And by the way, if your family doesn't anything to do with you, it doesn't curse them. Right nine eleven am Central Sean Cone Lawyers are milling around the courtroom looking somber. Prosecutors are sitting and staring straight ahead. The judge has taking the bench the note from the jury. They've reached a verdict on all five counts. The twelve jurors are walking in now puff daddy P Did he Shaancombs is seated and looking down. Shawncombs has risen for the entering jurors phrasing, maybe he listen to not say that Shaoncombs has risen? Ever, I mean because of what he's involved in. Did he verdict? Count one racketeering? The jury has found him not guilty. It's amazing on someone to.
Speaker 1: Class playing some pick a ball? What's racketeering? Yeah? This is your racket tight enough.
Speaker 2: Number two trafficking of Cassie Cassandra Ventura not guilty really, so we know where she stands on this case. Count three transportation to engage in prostitution related to Cassie guilty with a G. Count four trafficking of Jane that's not her real name, that's what she not guilty in, the trafficking of Jane cout five transportation to engage in prostitution related to Jane guilty with a Y. So two of the five counts he's guilty of. Those are the two lesser of the five. Right, yes, Because here's what happens. Seawan comes turned to his family and put his hands together in prayer, he did prayer hands, Seawan Comes pumped his right fist. He then put his hands together in prayer and mouth thank you, thank you at the jurors.
Speaker 1: And then he did that one dance he always does in all those videos.
Speaker 2: Oh he didn't do that.
Speaker 1: As the police song played in the background. Did he hand out complimentary baby oil to all the jurors?
Speaker 2: And the last one is Seawan Comes is smiling as he shook one of his lawyer's hands. Now lead him. Was the first thing I told you about this? Uh, he's the defense was there looking straight ahead, sitting down. Well, his team was all kind of milling around and looking somber. They absolutely thought he was going to get the book here and he didn't.
Speaker 1: So now and then he turned his mouth to the prosecuting attorney. You're next, Well, this is where we send.
Speaker 2: This is happening as we speak. There's a hearing going on about if he can go home or not. Now, each crime that he is guilty of carries a sentence of ten years each max. You know, he'll probably get less than that, but that's two counts of that. So he's looking at twenty. How long has he served so far? Well, he's been in Sin's September of twenty twenty fourth, we're going up on nine yeah, nine months or so. So there's a hearing happening right now about if he could get to go home. His team's like, look, he doesn't have a passport, he doesn't have a plane. He's not a flight risk.
Speaker 1: No, yes, tons of money, He'll have to stay.
Speaker 2: At either his New York LA or Miami house. It's very strange, right, And then the defense is like, no, he's clearly a risk. Look at the he's we found him guilty on two of the five, didn't they when they found him?
Speaker 1: What's he trying to leave in a plane?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well when they they did.
Speaker 1: When they when they searched his house, he was already on an island. He kind of vacation though, right, So it was without bags. It's hard to know, Yeah, hard to know. They also found drugs at one of his places that they raided. Aren't we just in the day and age where if you're uber wealthy, even if you're guilty, you can pretty much just buy a pardon. Maybe, I mean we're kind of there. Trump talked about it even, I mean, that's what happened to that real estate couple, the Chris Lea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have a whole show about it already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they already got a show about was one of the cringiest shows I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Watch Chamber Parsons dated that girl, the daughter, and that family and.
Speaker 1: The dad he was.
Speaker 2: Uh. A lawyer for Cassie has wrote this Uh. Misventura believes that mister Combs is likely to pose a danger to the victims who testified in this case, including herself, as well as to the community. I think they're just going through the steps here, but we don't know, because again, this hearing is happening as we speak right now in the Money hour.
Speaker 1: So good job, Kevin. Yeah have you testified against him? I would be terrified right now that they would potentially let him out.
Speaker 2: All right, There you have it.
Speaker 1: There's a weekly weekday update coming up next around the Beef Our Beef series continues. What is Metallica's biggest beef We'll discuss next