Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. I have.
Speaker 2: French First Lady News.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, this is the cradle Robber.
Speaker 3: Yes, Brigitte Macron one in court today.
Speaker 2: Did they know she was even in court? Probably not?
Speaker 1: Is this some sort of slander libel defamation?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: A court has ordered two women to pay eight thousand euros in damages to Brigitte Macron after they were making claims that she was born a man man.
Speaker 1: I did see this, Yeah, I did see this a few weeks ago. Why would you even spend one second with that?
Speaker 3: Why that would be I don't know. She filed this libel complaint against these two women. They had posted a YouTube video in December of twenty twenty one alleging that Brigitte had once been a man named Jean Michel. The claim went just before the election in France, and posts spread on social media claiming that Brigitte Treneux, before she was married, had never existed and that her brother Jean Michelle, had actually changed gender and assumed the Brigitte identity.
Speaker 2: Bump bump bump.
Speaker 3: Paris court sentenced these two defendants to pay eight thousand euros to Brigitte and to her actual living brother, Jean Michel Trujaneau.
Speaker 1: We are such a dumb people. I love it. Chris Shauble. You got to give it to Chris shaubel KTLA because remember when he went viral years ago when he's like getting under the desk at earthquake and you know, diving, and he looks all, oh that was.
Speaker 2: The that was the earthquake face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and he just got so much crap for it. He owned it. He flipped that, and now every time there's like the smallest earthquake he reposts that.
Speaker 2: Meme of he has a great sense of hearing, he does.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 3: Sports wise, Dodgers beat the Cubs ten to eight last night. They played tomorrow in Atlanta. The Twins beat the Angel six to four, and the Angel will host the Astros tonight, of course, Thursday Night Football.
Speaker 2: Matt who's playing at Thursday Night Football tonight? Dolphins? Dolphins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know he's a fan because he didn't say Dolphins, he said Finns.
Speaker 2: You should have seen how pissed girls in Miami.
Speaker 1: You should have seen how pissed Matt got when Tyreek Hill got detained. Did you hear about this?
Speaker 2: I heard about Tyreek, I didn't hear about Matt. My gosh, he lost it.
Speaker 1: I bet hit the freaking roof.
Speaker 2: But he had a good game, Matt. He had a good game after that.
Speaker 1: So who expects Tyreek Hill to follow the speed limit? It does not just seem off bright.
Speaker 2: Now that's a good point.
Speaker 3: That's that should have been his argument rather than could you just give me my ticket?
Speaker 2: I got a game to go to.
Speaker 1: Did you also hear about the eating of the pets in Ohio?
Speaker 2: I will say this. I will say this, like.
Speaker 1: Look at the memes cats with like ar fifteens. They're protecting themselves.
Speaker 2: I mean it's incredible.
Speaker 1: This is like the good side of AI is you know, Donald Trump with a cat under each arm, like running from the Haitian immigrants. And I mean, I'm here for all of it. And I realized that, you know, we shouldn't be making fun of something that people legitimately believe is happening, and that it's a dangerous narrative. But I am here for all of the AI and the cats that are armed in a riot gear.
Speaker 3: I intentionally avoided even the the the deep dive into that, but I will say this, it is very common knowledge that cats do not have long lifespans in Haiti, well known, very common.
Speaker 2: Now that's not Springfield, Ohio.
Speaker 1: You're adding to the.
Speaker 2: I know, I am, but.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it's it's pretty common knowledge that in that country, when Haitians are in Haiti, not Springfield, Ohio, that they sometimes, I mean, they don't have pet cats like we do. We don't mister bumber Puss and stuff.
Speaker 1: But mister bumber Puss, we haven't talked about him in a long time.
Speaker 2: I apologize.
Speaker 1: In Biractar, yeah, and Space Wars in general.
Speaker 2: Really and our ratings have shot through the room.
Speaker 1: They really have. Okay, so you know how I'm in the porn football algorithm.
Speaker 3: Uh wow, that's I have a because our phones are listening.
Speaker 2: So that was a joke.
Speaker 1: But uh so I am in deep into the sports football specifically algorithm. I realize that it's I get all the news all the time. It pings me, it says news for you, that whole bit. But there are people who are in a different algorithm and it is either like the far left or the far right echo chamber. I had this this eating animals thing was not on my radar until one of my friends who does dabble in the far right, conspiracy theory and algorithms. She's big Trump supporter, and she says to me, yeah, do you hear the thing about the Haitian immigrants in Ohio and they're eating the pets? And I said, what the hell are you talking about? I mean, I would never have hit my radar. It would and so it would have come up during the debate and I would have been like, what the hell is he talking about? But since it hit my radar the day before, I had a little bit of a heads up, and I'm like, he's going for he's doubling down on this, and there's one.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, the social media companies know exactly what they're doing when they set up their algorithms. They're going to feed you the stuff that's going to keep you.
Speaker 2: On there longer.
Speaker 3: They're going to entice you, they're gonna tickle that lizard brain.
Speaker 1: The far left stuff is just as crazy.
Speaker 2: It's just as crazy.
Speaker 3: The problem is we don't realize there's too many of us who donot realize it's they're force feeding you this stuff and they're intentionally not showing you the other side of that story, whatever story it happens to be. I mean, there's I'm sure that the law enforcement twitter world took the tyreek Hill arrest a whole lot differently.
Speaker 2: Than Matt did.
Speaker 3: Well, actually, Tam sorry, he wasn't arrested, he was detained.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of cop friends, and one of the ones that I highly respected. I respect all of them, but they're real smart guy too, and he came down on the side of everyone. Everyone overreacted in that, you know, Tyreek Hill should have rolled down the tinted window. The officers one hundred percent have the right to be safe during a stop like this and not to see what's going on in the car is asinine.
Speaker 2: But they also were.
Speaker 1: Too hot headed, the officers, and they were too you know, egotistical and the whole bit, and got to just treated it the wrong way. All my cop friends have said that that it was just guys with the hot heads, but but that tyreek Hill wasn't the wrong as well.
Speaker 2: Speaking of hot heads, what the fires that are burning? Oh right, I was just gonna update.
Speaker 1: We got wrapped up to mister bumber Puss.
Speaker 3: The airport the Bridge fire, of course, is the biggest fire. They're saying it's the largest active fire that's burning in the state of California, at least active in that it's not contained in any way right now. So it's at fifty one one hundred and sixty seven acres. We heard from Blake Trolley out been out on the fire lines.
Speaker 2: He was out with Cruise yesterday. That is the largest.
Speaker 3: The airport fire, and Orange and Riverside Counties is at about twenty three thousand acres. The line fire San Bernardino County thirty seven thousand acres. All of that going on, we had two, I guess you could say relatively strong earthquakes. One was a four point seven magnitude quake this morning right along Pacific Coast in Malibu, about seven thirty, like I said, and then just about two let's see, nine to thirty seven hour time, there was a three point four aftershock to that one. So there's been a bunch of aftershocks in Malibu, but they're you know, to two point four, you're probably not going to feel them. Not here in Critos we're having too much fun.
Speaker 1: Some of these cats do kind of look like what I decided would be mister bumber Puss, you know, because they're walking like on two legs, and they're armed, and they're in camo and they're.
Speaker 2: They're badass badasses.
Speaker 1: Like bumber Puss.
Speaker 2: We'll be here.
Speaker 3: Until one o'clock today, semi normal show.
Speaker 2: I had this really set.
Speaker 3: Can I bring the house down for a second, this really sad realization. Yeah, two years ago I was out on I had taken a few days off and I came back. The first day back was that was at a news and Bruce like, oh, I remember that.
Speaker 2: That was awful. And it was after my mom died. Right, this is a much happier occasion.
Speaker 1: I was so worried about you that day because well, yeah, it was really fresh and raw and my gosh.
Speaker 2: Everything's fine. Now we're all fine. She's still gone, She's still gone.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, she didn't get better, my god. But thanks everybody for coming out. A couple of stories that we are following today. Hurricane Franz Scene of course, made landfall yesterday as a Category two. There's still about four hundred thousand or so people without power in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. Homeland Security officials have now designated the electoral College vote count and certification as a special National Security Event, which means that the Secret Service will be in charge of security surrounding that whole process. That's like the Super Bowl, an inauguration, a nominating convention, etc.
Speaker 1: We have some causes near and dear to our hearts. The Ben Carlson Foundation is one of them, and we have Mark Shoeline here with us today from the foundation and Mark, thanks for coming out.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: This so cool.
Speaker 1: So we've got the ninth annual Ben Did Go paddle out on Saturday. Can you explain first of all Ben's story for people who don't know it?
Speaker 2: Sure, absolutely so.
Speaker 4: Ben Carlson was a lifeguard in Newport Beach and he made his final rescue in July of twenty fourteen. So we just had the ten year anniversary of losing Ben in service. He was the only lifeguard to lose his life in the line of duty in Newport Beach one hundred year history of having a lifeguard service, and the incredible outpouring from the community has been amazing and one of the big celebratory events that we do. This is the ninth year of this Ben Did Go Paddle in honor of Ben Carlson and supporting the Ben Carlson Foundation, which does incredible work primarily.
Speaker 2: Around water safety and drowning prevention.
Speaker 4: And so I can go into all the details about this amazing paddle, but you're gonna have one hundred people, get this, one hundred people. One hundred people paddling from Avalon to Newport Beach Pier thirty miles, all individually. And this is paddling prone or traditional paddleboard. So you're paddling like a surfboard on a twelve or fourteen foot board thirty miles. It's a slow craft. It's a difficult task.
Speaker 1: Have you done it?
Speaker 2: I've done it quite a few times.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how do you prepare for that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Does my arms hurt thinking of to have a marathon with just your arms, with your shoulders, and I mean, Gary.
Speaker 4: Just nailed it. It's a marathon with your arms. And I always say that the difference between running a marathon is if you stop walking or stop running, you can walk, you can sit down, you can call an uber.
Speaker 2: Right if you stop paddling. You're a booie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you don't want to be.
Speaker 4: A booie out in the middle of the Catalina Channel.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's listen.
Speaker 4: You can train for any.
Speaker 1: Lot of planks, a lot of planks.
Speaker 4: Yeah. What's incredible is the kind of people that come out. So we have not only do we have lifeguards to come out and do it, and surfers that come out and do it and retired lifeguards, but we have some women doing it this year. We always have some women lifeguards, but we have four women we call them, they call themselves the vessel Vixen. These are four call them yoga moms and their forties and beyond forties that decided this year that they wanted to pandl paddle this channel and honor the Van Carlson Foundation. And they've been training harder than anyone and they will they will get it done. These women have been working their tails off and they're gonna paddle thirty miles across the channel on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cool. We should get them on next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you should, for sure.
Speaker 2: They're awesome. That would be great.
Speaker 3: So when you do this, obviously as a fundraiser. You mentioned some of these programs. What are what are the programs? Where does the money go to?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: So we would always say that it goes towards water and drownding prevention locally, nationally, and internationally. So we work with the local lifeguard organizations, including the Newport Beach Junior Guard Group, which is an incredible organization. We support underprivileged or undersupported lifeguard organizations internationally, some in Mexico, in Nicaragua and elsewhere. We provide literature and training and education to different groups. So the Ben Carlson Foundation is really in capture, encapsulates and captures the memory of Ben Carlson, who was an incredible leader in the lifeguard ranks and an athlete and just doing good in the world of water and safety.
Speaker 1: Were you friends?
Speaker 4: I wasn't, but so many people in my community. I've lived in Newport and when he passed, it was like the whole community stopped.
Speaker 1: Yeah I remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And there's vote is online on the Ben Carlson or the Ben Bencarlsonfoundation.
Speaker 2: Dot org website.
Speaker 4: You can see all these incredible photos of the paddle out when he passed of the Ben did.
Speaker 1: Go overhead shots are incredible. From what I've learned about Ben, he would be so stoked that this has come from that final rescue.
Speaker 4: For sure. There's a number of people, quite a few people. The board of directors for the Ben Carlson Foundation is made up of friends, family, ex lifeguards, and community like passionate community members. And that's what's always said, like everybody just believes that it really represents he would be wanting to do this. Ben did go paddle total this weekend. He would be the one right at the front of.
Speaker 2: The pack, for sure.
Speaker 3: Very cool the details of his rescue, and it is the final rescue because the person that he was out there to help was rescued, correct, but it.
Speaker 2: Was the weird circumstances of the power of the ocean. A wave hit him.
Speaker 3: The person that was being rescued was able to come back to the surface, and Ben wasn't. I mean, it's just in reading the details of it and like Shannon said, remembering some of the feeling of it when it happened.
Speaker 2: From ten years ago.
Speaker 3: It was the testament that even the people that work on the ocean all day every day, I mean, this is their passion, this is what they do, there's still something about it.
Speaker 2: You'll never be able to control that.
Speaker 3: You'll never be able to You'll never gain the upper hand on something as powerful as the ocean.
Speaker 4: And yes, absolutely that day was unlike anything that we can remember from an ocean in Newport Beach, from waves and everything. But it also shines to light to your point, Gary, that regardless of your skill and your abilities in the ocean, because Ben Carlson was like the elite elite, and Spencer Purdy who puts on he was the one that created that Ben did go. In his good friend's memory, his quote is always this, when he heard that Ben Carlson had died, it was like hearing that Superman had died. That's the regard he was held in and still to this day. And so we really celebrate Ben's memory through the Ben Carlson Foundation, all the good that it does. And then kind of the cherry on top is we'll have one hundred people paddling that Ben did go this weekend.
Speaker 1: That's great, wonderful. Yeah, it adds a level of shock to it because he was such an experienced lifeguard and swimmer. He swam d one water polo, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, d one water polo and he was also a big wave surfer. I mean he was an incredibly accomplished waterman. So it was, as you said, a very It speaks to the how the conditions of the ocean were that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, for more about the Ben did go paddle out and the Ben Carlson Foundation, go to Ben Carlson with an os O and Bencarlson Foundation dot org.
Speaker 1: Mark show line from the Ben Carlson Foundation. Thanks so much for coming, Thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 3: We will be out here in Cerritos at the Vj's until one o'clock today, kicking off the Fall of BJ's restaurant news embros.
Speaker 1: The fall of like it's an empire and it's falling.
Speaker 2: So the season of fall, and then we'll do a couple of them.
Speaker 1: Did you hit the moonshine this morning as well?
Speaker 2: I thought it was toothpaste. Turned out that's not how you brush your teeth. Figured that out. Oh the other place I went to that I thought you might get a kick out of.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: On my vacation was I went to the Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum.
Speaker 1: I saw your wife's pictures from that. There was like thousands and thousands keep going, hundreds of thousands, tens of thousands of thousands of salt pepper shakers, and you just you just wander around and look at the different ones.
Speaker 2: Part of it is it entail, Yes, that's part of it.
Speaker 3: Part of it is the I can't believe that they made that into a salt and pepper shaker. They had like Winston Churchill, Adolf Hitler, salt and pepper.
Speaker 2: They had.
Speaker 3: Animals of every kind, Disney characters, sports figures, sports balls they had, I mean whatever.
Speaker 2: You can imagine sports balls they had.
Speaker 3: Well one football football was the pepper and like a baseball was the salt shaker.
Speaker 2: I mean they had thousands and thousands and thousands of.
Speaker 3: Versions of them, some of them very very expensive, and some of them were like a Budweiser can from nineteen seventy eight that someone had poked holes in and made it and made into.
Speaker 2: A salt and pepper shake. Pretty cool, very weird stuff.
Speaker 3: But the other aspect of it was who's who's crazy enough to open a salt and pepper shaker museum.
Speaker 1: I would go further and say, who's crazy enough to go to said pepper?
Speaker 2: It was three bucks? It was three bucks.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make my concern go away.
Speaker 3: You get three bucks off whatever salt and paper and shaker you buy it.
Speaker 1: Do you buy some?
Speaker 2: No, I have salt and pepper shakers. That wasn't the issue. I just it was it was to see. It was to see this weird collection.
Speaker 1: What are the people like in a Sultan paper pepper shaper.
Speaker 3: The woman was very nice, but she was very adamant that you could not look into I mean it was just like an old renovated cabin that had been remade into this museum, and she was Once you walk in, you get half a foot in the door and she says, welcome to the Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum. It's going to cost you three dollars per person to go through. And she was trying to almost shield you from that first room of dicion. She didn't want, you know, if y'all here, y'all gonna pay for you.
Speaker 1: No go hitler pepper for you unless you give me your three bucks.
Speaker 3: And the thing that was very gratifying to me was it wasn't just an open floor art gallery thing where everybody walks around and they feel and they cross their arms and they look at this page.
Speaker 1: What do you think a salt shaker it was?
Speaker 3: She said very clearly, Now y'all need to follow the arrows on the floor as you walk through here, and they had she had little yellow tape arrows to explain which direction you're.
Speaker 2: Supposed to go.
Speaker 1: She worried about a traffic jam or you going rogue into a special salt right.
Speaker 3: I think it was just that they have worked out the traffic pattern as to how you're supposed to go through there.
Speaker 1: Did you have a favorite pair?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, I do think that the.
Speaker 3: Winston Churchill Adolf Hitler Salton pepper shakers was pretty creative.
Speaker 2: And they were legit, like made in the forties.
Speaker 3: I mean, they weren't like somebody some hipster thought it would be funny to be ironic.
Speaker 2: Now. They were original to the time.
Speaker 3: They were also old clay vessels that they thought they believe were salten pepper shakers, but they're a couple thousand years old that they had brought over and put into this display.
Speaker 2: They were fun What did.
Speaker 1: Other people look like that were following the arrows?
Speaker 3: So we were behind I used the word hipsters. We were behind a group of five or six people that were all wearing tank tops and super short shorts, both the men and the women.
Speaker 2: And they had their cover in.
Speaker 1: Tattoos like the decorative doughnut people.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, And they were so loud about everything they wanted to be like they were just unaware of the fact that they We're in this beautiful place of art.
Speaker 2: And the wow. Well just so now.
Speaker 3: If you're into you know, collections of table where, yeah, that is the Loop the Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum. And do you remember I can't remember exactly his name, Mark Summers, I.
Speaker 2: Think is his name? Who did He did game.
Speaker 1: Game shows and he hosted on K five for a minute, he did, and.
Speaker 3: He's done TV shows that are like Backroads of America.
Speaker 1: Is he the Slime Guy or the Nickelodeon guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So what is it? Unwrapped? So on Food Network he did this un wrapped show.
Speaker 3: So the audio that's playing in the Sultan Pepper Shaker Museum is the seven minute or so show that he did. Segment he did on the saltan Pepper Shaker Museum.
Speaker 4: I was going to wonder.
Speaker 1: About mixed media.
Speaker 3: Uh loop on uh loop on a loop on loop Mark Summers for seven minute and would make it herpeat crazy.
Speaker 2: There's something poetic about it. There was something crazy, crazy, poetic about it.
Speaker 1: Are we going to get to the John bon Joby story.
Speaker 3: I have issues with this John bon Joby story. And now, just so everybody knows, producer Michelle is in house today and producer Michelle is by far the biggest John bon Jovi fan outside of John bon job And every time John bon Jovi passes Gas, I get a text message from from Michelle that says.
Speaker 2: Did you smell that one? It was so great? It's so awesome.
Speaker 3: How many times have you seen John bon Jovi fifteen?
Speaker 1: Is he a little guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a small person, so.
Speaker 1: He looks like a little guy.
Speaker 3: If you haven't seen the headline yet, John bon Jovi and I were in Nashville at the same time, and he did something heroic that I have never done, which is he talked a woman off a bridge, period, full stop. There's more to that story, but it gets worse the more you.
Speaker 2: Know about the story.
Speaker 1: I would like to just pump I mean, I mean worse for John bon Jovi, like to just pump the brakes. Yeah, I feel like you put yourself down there that you've never talked to anyone off a bridge. I don't think you saved a baby from a hot car. Remember that that wasn't I didn't have to say a word of applause for that baby. The baby's story of survival for Gary busting through in his adult theater outfit with a with a hammer, saving the baby.
Speaker 2: His parents didn't know what to do.
Speaker 1: They were also decorative doughnut people.
Speaker 2: Who's parents, Oh, the baby's parents, baby's parents. My parents knew what to do.
Speaker 1: Froze up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I know, okay, yeah they were. My dad was like, what kind of hammer do you use? Right? Is that a little baldpen hammer, a little tack hammer?
Speaker 3: No, no, Dad, it was a sixteen ounce framing hammer.
Speaker 2: But you can lift that, that's what. Wow? Yeah he was, he was good.
Speaker 3: Well, all right, we'll talk about this Jon bon Jovi saving a lady story when we come back.
Speaker 1: Gary and Shannon are live at the Bjays and Cerritos already a great crowd on our people, just the most fun people.
Speaker 2: They are the most fun.
Speaker 1: You don't get this at the other shows.
Speaker 3: Geez, Gary, you take a couple of weeks off your first day bag You're already drunk that day Pandemic.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, welcome back anyways, Thank you Day Pandemic.
Speaker 3: You could always leave us a talk back when you're listening on the app. You use that little microphone button and leave us a message and we get it. A couple stories that we're following the earthquake earthquakes, I should say this morning. The first one about seven thirty right off Malibu is a four point seven. There was an aftershock at about nine to thirty that was about a three point four. May have felt both of those. The numbers are in from the debate. The Harris Trump debate on ABC News drew sixty seven million viewers across seventeen different networks, as well above what they turned tuned in to listen to the Trump Biden debate back in June.
Speaker 1: Coming up in Swamp watch jd Vance. I keep waiting for him to do something right, but it seems like he keeps doing the wrong things or getting ahead of himself with unforced errors and things like that. Like Taylor Swift comes out and endorses Kamala Harris, All right, just leave that bee, but he's got to go knock Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: That's not going to get you.
Speaker 1: I don't think the voters that you want to be getting in those swing states by going after a young, beautiful woman, you know, going out just saying anything disparaging. Just leave it alone, just just ignore it.
Speaker 3: But anyway, sports news Dodgers are in Atlanta tomorrow.
Speaker 2: They beat the Cubs.
Speaker 3: Last night, the Angels come home and they actually host the Astro starting tomorrow night. They lost against Minnesota and then tonight Thursday night, football Buffalo visits Miami to take on Matt s golf.
Speaker 1: Is Josh Allen injured?
Speaker 2: Matt?
Speaker 1: Do you know he is? I read something about that and I didn't see how serious that injury was or if it was going to keep him out of the game tonight or not. That'd be a big factor.
Speaker 3: Rock legend John bon Jovi was on the on a bridge, a pedestrian bridge called the Seagenthaler Pedestrian Bridge right across the Cumberland River just so Segith and east of downtown Nashville.
Speaker 1: Who was a Seaganhaler? Do we know about that? Who the bridge was named after?
Speaker 3: There is probably a guy named Saganhaler who was named after.
Speaker 1: John John Siegenthaler is an American journalist and writer.
Speaker 3: So Tuesday, John bon Jovi, it's on the Siegenthaler Bridge, apparently filming a music video. And the bridge itself is a very large bridge. It actually connects sort of the downtown area across the river to sort of the football stadium area where the Tennessee Titans play. And it is one of the longest pedestrian bridges in the world, I.
Speaker 2: Think, at over three thousand feet long. It's a beautiful bridge. It's the Cumberland River, the skyline of Nashville. It's a great place.
Speaker 1: John Siegenthaler was a prominent defender of First Amendment rights. He was the founding editorial director of USA Today.
Speaker 2: That's what that's what it's named for. Yeah.
Speaker 3: In this case, the Nashville Tennesseean newspaper says that John bon Jovi, Michelle, how old is he?
Speaker 2: He's sixty two?
Speaker 1: When did that happen?
Speaker 3: Filming scenes form a music video for his song called The People's House on this bridge. It was open to the public during filming, which is pretty unusual. And so there's a bunch of people walking back and forth across this bridge behind bon Jovi while he's doing this. Bon Jovi and one of his production assistants spot this woman who had climbed over the railing and was standing on the outside of the railing. So there's YouTube video that shows bon Jovi and another woman. We don't even know if it was connected to bon Jovi or just somebody else happened to be walking on the bridge, walking up and waving to this woman who's on the outside ledge of the bridge. The person with bon Jovi gets closer to the woman. The woman eventually turns around and they help her climb back.
Speaker 2: Over the bridge.
Speaker 3: Shows bon Jovi speaking to her, he hugs her, and then he leads her away. Now, the Metro PD in Nashville posted on Twitter a shout out put to bon Jovi and his team for helping a woman on the Segunthaler Bridge. He helped persuade her to come off the ledge over the Cumberland River to safety, and they said that the woman was distraught, but they didn't explain what exactly that meant. I mentioned that it is the three thousand foot long bridge, but you know how high it is over the water. How high they say that clearance is sixteen feet.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not very Uh, that's not a very big. That's a that's a.
Speaker 2: That's a high that's less than a high dive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so why do you need to talk her off?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, she would have been wet.
Speaker 3: She would have been wet and cold had she in fact gone into the water.
Speaker 1: Also, like, how not that I'm you know, nothing good is gonna happen when I say that? But like, isn't that just such attention seeking behavior like I'm gonna jump, I'm gonna jump, and it's it's it's a diving board distance. Come on?
Speaker 3: Yes, again, many many issues that this woman clearly is displaying that she's had some stuff that she's dealing with.
Speaker 1: Like when I texted you this week, I was going to jump off the roof.
Speaker 2: Of the building.
Speaker 1: That is something.
Speaker 2: That's that's higher than sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the cause for concern.
Speaker 2: Can I read that whole series of text myself?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: God, No.
Speaker 1: Every time I send you a text you I go, why am I doing this?
Speaker 2: Because he keeps these I don't. I just don't.
Speaker 3: Does I don't erase my text manages, I just let them.
Speaker 1: I'm an impulsive person and I impulsively tell you thoughts and you're not supposed to bring them back up to me. You're like, remember when you said this, like, no, I don't. That was that was two personalities ago.
Speaker 2: I need to remind you of the things that you say you do not I do.
Speaker 1: Go on.
Speaker 2: It's it's a it's a like self correction.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, the the actual feedback that you get, you don't just you're not just spitting it out into the ether.
Speaker 2: There's somebody who has to read your I try.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to communicate with you anymore.
Speaker 2: I've heard that, Carl. I've heard that before too. Carl will print it out and put it on a big poster ward for Everybody's true.
Speaker 3: That's the more dangerous version that Bridge itself has also been in a series of other music videos, Big and Rich, Did There Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy Emerson Drive, I Have Moments was.
Speaker 2: Also filmed on Three Country KHSL.
Speaker 3: Together You and I by Dolly Parton, the video for Crashing Burned by Thomas Rhett, most recently Aaron Cole's music video and then, like I said, John bon Jovi's filming this latest one.
Speaker 2: Michelle will see the video.
Speaker 3: Thank god for John bon job, thank God for the fact that Bridge was sixteen feet off the waters.
Speaker 2: That's what we really need.
Speaker 3: We need to thank John Seaganhaler for making sure that his bridge wasn't too high.
Speaker 1: Thank god for Buffalo Bills fans. Josh Allen just injured his non throwing hand during a touchdown in Week one, but says that it's a non factor.
Speaker 3: That was the one where they taped like in between his knuckles. Probably looked like they were taping them up like a boxer's hand when they got that. So he does what the runs, Yes, he runs in the TDS. That's and if it's a non switching.
Speaker 1: Maybe a problem.
Speaker 2: Actually you could cut that thing off.
Speaker 1: That's when you're non throwing hand counts as when you're trying to protect that football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Carl, everybody knows that. Yeah, Carl, my third.
Speaker 1: Your third screwdriver. All right, let's let's pump the brakes a little bit over there, Carl. It's a it's not even eleven am. I'm not shaming. I'm not shaming. It's not my business.
Speaker 3: If you see missus jealous walking along the six oh five this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Cannon, Gary and Shannon show shirt roll, roll the window down and tell Carl to go home.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app