Speaker 1: Come, good, good, good, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon.
Speaker 3: I know, ladies and gentlemen. Pee all right, guys, we made it.
Speaker 1: Welcome aboard, Throw it back Thursday, sixta gram Thursday. Oh we'll play and read my Lips today. Alex has taken on some guy named Paul Ramsey.
Speaker 3: Anyone know him.
Speaker 1: He's a listener of the show. I love him already. I've never met him. I don't think I have. He's gonna he was selected to come down to play Read my Lips today. It's for Outlaw Music Festival tickets. That's the Willie Dylan add Brothers show that goes on sale tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Ryan going for.
Speaker 1: Win number two fresh out of bad had to head challenge. How about Ryan Hunt came on the show yesterday. First time Buzzfest tickets for you and home Room on the fun Fact Flashback Ghost tickets at seven twenty Alternative income chance to win one thousand dollars, will kick that off.
Speaker 3: At nine to ten.
Speaker 1: The rest of the team will do it ten after the hour, straight through five ten and then Monster Jam tickets on know the show, Yeah goo that I think in moving that and yeah okay, well mostly kloudy today tempercent chance of rain high of eighty two.
Speaker 4: Are we gonna set a record again today?
Speaker 1: I believe yesterday was a record setting day as far as our warm temperatures.
Speaker 3: Are we happy about the record saying days?
Speaker 1: Or do we not want I was outside a little bit yesterday and I kind of loved it.
Speaker 2: It was zero.
Speaker 1: I kind of loved it. I don't know how everyone else is feeling. I think it's awesome right now, to be honest with you. And the colder temperatures that we were supposed to get on Sunday are now being pushed back later in the week, So we'll get into some of that today.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Alex. One of Houston's headlines well the Morning Ride Morning Home Room.
Speaker 5: The Education Department offered buyout offers to employees yesterday. The department reportedly told staff members that if they accept the offer from the administration to resign that they'll receive up to eight months of pay as a seventh package, but that seventh package could be canceled at any time. Today is the deadline for employees to accept the deal and resign. More than forty thousand employees have taken the buyout so far, according to the White House. The CIA is also offered buyouts to its workforce. In one of the latest moves for the Trump administration to overhaul and scale back the federal government, Mexico began dispatching the first of ten thousand troops to the border separating Juarez and Del Paso yesterday. The deployment comes just days after a tariff showdown with the Trump administration led to Mexico promising to increase their border enforcement efforts. Over fifteen hundred troops are expected to be sent to the area, making it only second to the Tijuana area and number of troops deployed.
Speaker 3: Do you watch TV while you're eating dinner every day? I do. I know a lot of lot of people do too.
Speaker 5: Dinner is a great time to connect with your family and have actual conversations, but many many people just would rather watch TV while they eat. Watching TV is not the only thing that people do while eating dinner. It is the most popular, though, But twenty eight percent of people will surveyed say that they use their phone during dinner. I'm guilty of that one. Sixteen percent of people listen to music, eight percent say they read, six percent say they make phone calls, and another six claim to play video games. One percent of the people surveyed say that they eat dinner while driving.
Speaker 1: So our poll question today, do you watch TV while eating dinner? Sixty five percent of our audience always, twenty six percent occasionally seven point three Good for you never never have the.
Speaker 3: TV on during dinner. I mean I'd be bored.
Speaker 1: You eat dinner while you're eating dinner, You're I know your question is like, well, what do you do during dinner? You eat dinner and maybe talk to your family members.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he already talks to him though I don't know.
Speaker 1: How was your day, honey? Those types of things what you learn in school today?
Speaker 3: I mean, not a bad idea?
Speaker 2: Say it?
Speaker 3: More Super Bowl commercials. The ads continue to roll out.
Speaker 5: Some notable ones that came out yesterday include Mountain Dew, turning Seal into an actual seal, Shania Twain as.
Speaker 3: A Yeah, yeah, I'll get it. We're gonna have to seals, playing Sealed, Playing Seal? Should I?
Speaker 5: Twain is a singing tongue, and a commercial for coffee Aid Channing Tatum returns in his to his role as Magic Mike in an ad for Stoke Cold Brew Coffee, and then Tim Robinson and Sam Richardson from I Think You Should Leave, say Goodbye to their Alien Friend, and at Totino's Pizza Ad. You can see all of these on our Super Bowl Commercial blog page, at the World Finished Ride Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. We talked about this yesterday, but this was definitely the biggest.
Speaker 3: Story in rock.
Speaker 5: The original Black Sabbath is getting together for one last show. Show is going to be on July sixth in the band's hometown of Birmingham, England. It'll be the full band reuniting, so it'll be Ozzy, Tony Iomi, Geezer Butler, and drummer Bill Ward, who was not part of the the last reunion. Last time the original lineup performed together was twenty years ago at oz Fest two thousand and five. There's also gonna be a star studed lineup to support Sabbath at the show Metallica, Slayer, Panthera Hailstorm, Alison chains lamb of God. If you can think of a metal band, they're probably on this bill. This is gonna be Ozzy's final solo show as well. Tickets are gonna go on sale next Friday.
Speaker 4: Metallica hasn't opened for anybody since.
Speaker 1: The eighties, right, you know that's insane. That's how big Sabbath is. Metallica is opening for them.
Speaker 5: Sports, well, the Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight. They're taking on the Timberwolves up in Minnesota, trying to put it into their four game losing streak. Tip Off is gonna be at seven o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety and Football. The NFL Honors ceremony is tonight. They're gonna name the league's MVP. Maybe Josh Allen finally gets one. Huh, maybe that would be the time Offensive Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Walter Payton, Man of the Year, Coach of the Rookies of the Year, and more. We're also going to reveal the Pro Football Hall of Fame class of twenty twenty five. If Eli Manning does not get in, I will riot that. All starts at eight o'clock and you can watch it on Fox and NFL Network.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. If you'd like that first phone call, come get It seven one three two one two five nine five ninety four five The Buzz three Doors Down, Rob Ryan Show just getting underway on this throwback Thursday.
Speaker 4: So I'll be encouraging you to go to our blog page at the Buzz dot com. We call it Links and Guests. It's world famous.
Speaker 3: It is, it really is. That's the one that is really world famous. We don't lie about that.
Speaker 1: I'll be asking you to go and vote on one of the three songs that you want played today at nine point thirty, so we'll kind of keep track of that all morning long. Poll question up this morning, wondering if you watch TV. We always have, even when we were kids. I remember my friends thinking it was weird that we had a television in our little We didn't have a dining room.
Speaker 4: We had something that was called a dinet, kind of the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess it was just a little, small little deal our house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you din in our house was small, so yeah, for some reason, it was called a dnet. That's where we eat, that's where we ate. We gathered and did not talk to one another about our days.
Speaker 3: We watched.
Speaker 1: Merv Griffin and The Mike Douglas Show. And the John Davidson Show I think was on This is All Things instead of like talking about your feelings and how your day was. That's how it worked in my family, So we've always watched TV while we were eating dinner. So that's on the X today at Rod Ryan's show, I see nothing above a ten percent chance of rating mostly cloudy today.
Speaker 4: Maybe record setting day eighty two is what's expected.
Speaker 1: We could hit another Record's been three days in a row of record all week record temperatures. Ryan's going for win number two fresh out of van head to head, and then I'm going to give you some Buzzfest tickets. I'm excited to meet Paul Ramsey. He is playing Reading My Lips today. He's the winning listener. Now the winning is coming down to play. The bonus is if you win the game, you get some great tickets Outlaw Music Festival tickets. These guys, the Twins send these people packing with nothing. If they lose, you just come in here. It's just like nothing, okay, So then I will get somebody on the phone. If Paul loses and Alex wins last year's champion, then it'll be up to me to give those tickets away.
Speaker 3: To you on the phone, So that's going on. Speaking of phones, you can't.
Speaker 6: Same time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Berto looks like he got through first, Burdo, good morning, Good morning, Hey dude, how are you pretty word?
Speaker 3: How are you doing great? Thank you for asking.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm in a really good mood today. I'm really excited about the show. I think it's gonna be a fun, fun show. How do you want to get it started?
Speaker 3: This morning? Berto, I had a comment.
Speaker 7: On the I voted on about always eating dinner with the family. I found it, yes, sir, Yes, sir, I did. I found it easy with kids, right, I have children, so it made it easy to go on with them and kind of not watch something they want to. They like watching what we eat, talk about it, and they just made it easier for us to keep communicating with our kids, because.
Speaker 8: You know, you can get distracted and people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know that seems counteractive to what people say. People say the communication and keeping the lines open that comes from not having the TV on. I mean, if you're watching Blue, are you sitting around dissecting what they're talking about, like as you're watching it and eating so.
Speaker 8: We weren't really watching Blue.
Speaker 7: We were watching my kids during the anime, which is that.
Speaker 3: Japanese Yeah yeah, cartoons, sure, right.
Speaker 8: So it made it easier to talk about the shows. It wasn't really cartoons like bluing. Yeah, but it made it easy for us. They worked in the opposite way for us. They made it okay, so what we could talk more?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir it well, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you following us and hitting us up on the X everyone else at Rod Ryan's show, and dude, you're most people. It's like sixty four percent of our audience always watch TV while eating dinner.
Speaker 3: I would love to break down Blue though with my kid. But yeah, you know, Bingo does get away with a lot more.
Speaker 4: Let's break let's let's look at the game film here.
Speaker 3: I'm blue. Mom is really not disciplining Bingo as much as Blue. I don't like this.
Speaker 1: I'll just say the dad's the MVP of every episode. I'm telling you, I like that show because it really props up the dad. It really does not that the mom's a second class citizen that you told me on the song Burdo.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bro.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you getting started and following us on the ex everyone else, go cast your vote quick break on the flip gott a rerect check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed Rock and al.
Speaker 2: Tear it soon.
Speaker 3: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten.
Speaker 1: Welcome back rod Ryan's Show throw Back Thursday.
Speaker 4: Have you voted yet?
Speaker 1: Jilly has that link up on our blog page, the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz they're looking at girls blog page the Throwback Thursday today. I mean, it's all there for you're viewing pleasure. Get involved with us and do a little voting for us.
Speaker 3: Help us out.
Speaker 1: Mostly cloudy ten percent chance of rain hies up around eighty two today.
Speaker 3: Man. A lot of basketball stuff trending. Yeah, that some trades being moved.
Speaker 5: Jimmy Butler, Mark Williams to Jimmy Butler was the big one. I think he was traded to the Warriors from the Heat. Huh, kind of on the ouch with the Heat for a little while right there. What I also saw says some baseball Pete Alonzo is trending. He's going back to the Mets. He just signed a deal there, and then.
Speaker 1: I saw Giselle bunchin. If I'm saying it right, Jaselle had her baby.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's also up on the trending as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you're gonna be talking about her, but yes, she had her kid. Of course, everything every single person online like, well kind of quick, conna soon whatever whatever you got going on. Who knows how long her and Tom Brady were miserable, you know what I mean, the last five years of their marriage might have stunk. So who knows who moves on too soon? But I'm seeing a lot of that, and uh, it seems a lot. It seems very soon to have a kid, It seems soon. But happy for them, yeah, yeah, but yeah, those are what's trending on. Not even bore the bus. She's got two with Tom and then now the new one. Then two yeah, then three, Oh geez, they at the end of that at least two. Okay, where's our guy here?
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody. This is former Fresh Fish Ryan. Yes, and on Wednesday morning, I just decided to call the show. I've been listening to this game for years but finally decided to get involved, making me your fresh out of bed head to head One day champion, bring on some more fresh fish and join me Thursday when I make it win number two.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he doesn't sit there and call over and over again for years and years.
Speaker 1: He just called for the first time yesterday and got through. You want to take him on seven one, three, two and two.
Speaker 2: Five, nine four five.
Speaker 1: The dude Green Day when I come around morning rod Ryan Show. I finally got to watching some of that fire Raid stuff the last couple of days. Yeah, it's available on demand. I think Peacock has it. You know, Green Day started it off, and I thought they sounded good. I didn't hear anybody tell listen, they're out there. They're raising buddy. You just said they raised one hundred million dollars. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Did anyone else.
Speaker 1: Think the sound was horrible? The sound was terrible at the at both venues. I finally watched Nirvana. It sounded horrible. It sounded terrible, dude, all of it, not all of it. I thought Pink's cover, the Zeppelin cover she did, Pink's Pink sounded the best.
Speaker 4: I think out of everybody. Black Crows I didn't.
Speaker 3: I love the Black Crows.
Speaker 1: I didn't think the Black Crows sounded good, wrong time to talk about that. No, they got the hundred mill right, yeah, they got the money.
Speaker 3: They got the money. You can do whatever you want. It's weird. I didn't hear anybody talk about the sound quality of the show. I didn't. Yeah, it was bad. How could you be so brave? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Ten chance of rain today? Mostly cloudy, another record setting day. Maybe we're looking at highs of eighty two today.
Speaker 3: And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, Ryan, good morning brother, uh h, Ryan, good morning to you. How you doing it?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Good to have you back on today. Can you can you replicate yesterday's performance?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna try to do better, try to be faster.
Speaker 3: I like that. That's what I That's what you do like. No, no, no, no, no no no. I'm not satisfied. Gonna be better than I was yesterday.
Speaker 1: Let's say good morning to Josh, one of our joshes, one of our great joshes. Good morning, Josh, Good morning, Josh McDowell. Right, it's hard, it's hard to keep you guys straight. You played last year, how'd you do?
Speaker 3: Didn't win? Didn't win? You can always win that delay.
Speaker 4: Did you like the way that felt?
Speaker 2: Did you like it?
Speaker 4: Did you did you leave the show feeling good about yourself?
Speaker 3: I did not, and I spend a year trying to get back in. Okay, let's fix it. Let's fix it right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Josh, Ryan, all you got to do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 3: Wow, here's the Veil tickets up for grabs today. We got great prizes.
Speaker 1: When you start to see the big stuff coming in on days two and three, on fresh out of bed, head to head, you know, we got a surplus of great concerts come into town. Here's the Veil June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion. That's what you're playing for. And of course to come back tomorrow and play. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Ryan says he's gonna do better than yesterday. Josh hated losing last year. Anybody's game? Question number one? What funny fish is depicted in Finding Nemo?
Speaker 3: Ryan, Josh, clownfish, clownfish, it's.
Speaker 4: A funny fish.
Speaker 3: It's a clownfish. Well, how could it not be funny?
Speaker 10: It was?
Speaker 1: As Josh, Oh, yeah, you could be sad clowns less scary than happy clowns. Yeah, I will, I will, I will stand by that. Something about that weird blank smile mean yeah, all right, Ryan, you were right there, But Josh, I mean, just if you were to ask me Rod, how close was it? Very Next question, shout out your name before the other guy, Inky Blinky Pinky.
Speaker 3: Ryan three two one. Don't say anything.
Speaker 1: Don't say anything, Josh McDowell, Inky, Blinky Pinky and Clyde are in what video game franchise? Three two one? Josh, I did not hear an answer.
Speaker 3: I'm a video game guy, and I don't know that answer. I would not have got that.
Speaker 1: I asked Hal before he went on the air to see how difficult that question was. Hell, what did you What was your answer? Uh?
Speaker 4: Pac Man, pac Man, Inky, Blinky Pinky and Clyde.
Speaker 3: Okay, tough question. Really aging yourself on that one. All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: These are again. I'm still using Nicole's questions. I think they're right, all right.
Speaker 3: Next question, what type of pencil do you need to take a scam truck? Bryan? Josh number two, Winn, welcome back to the game. Is that an old question? Or is that still is that still a thing? Scans number two pencil.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was thinking that was gonna be the old question of the three that I got ready for today these days.
Speaker 3: Probably don't know.
Speaker 11: Ryan back Man Central.
Speaker 3: Ryan. If I had the pac Man dying, I would play it for you right now, I guess say.
Speaker 1: Goodbye Ryan, alright later, all right later, dude, Hey Josh, you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Get there? All right, bro? Pretty good game, dude, Welcome back. Show Side effects include mood Swings, the Bus twenty four or five, the Buzz, bad amends.
Speaker 1: And just pretend Rod Ryan's Show six thirty five Throwback Thursday. We'll do some song clips for you after seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: At some point in seven.
Speaker 1: O'clock hour, we'll do the song clips. We'll educate you guys, just refresh you.
Speaker 3: I know you know all this stuff.
Speaker 1: We will refresh your mind and your ears as to what's available today for Throwback Thursday. Winning song will be played at nine thirty all based on your votes. So I need you to get involved.
Speaker 3: Mostly clouding today.
Speaker 4: Ten percent chance of rain high eighty.
Speaker 3: Two Fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning, everybody, if this is one of the awesome Josh's, you're fresh out of bed Head to head one day Champion. This is my first win ever on a game. Join me on Friday when I make you win number two. Bitchies, How he does it? How the josh Is do it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Go buzz best tickets for you guys in homeroom. Of course you want to part with you guys at Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: But first, it's the FuG that to the day.
Speaker 3: We make you look smart in everybody. It's the FuG that to the day. Hell, nobody knew the pac Man question. I ran it by you.
Speaker 4: I figured if hal knows, everyone's gonna know nobody.
Speaker 10: Do you know? Now?
Speaker 3: Inky blinky, pinky stinky all that? Do you know that? I was going to Animaniacs ANIMANIACX?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well here we go, guys. I brought in some fun facts for you today. Listen carefully. One of them is going to be used tomorrow. There's enough cash, Hi, captain cash. There's enough cash in circulation in the US right now that every single person in America, adults and kids, could carry six five hundred dollars on them.
Speaker 3: Exactly what we need. I need to be handed six thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, it'd be awesome, huh walking around with that big old wad in your pocket.
Speaker 3: I'd everybody else in ancient Persia.
Speaker 1: To get anything done around there, to pass anything, fix forever they debate.
Speaker 4: Well, here's why it took so long.
Speaker 1: Hell, they debated ideas twice, once when they were sober and another time when they were drunk. The idea had to sound good in both states before they started acting on it.
Speaker 2: That is, to get sober adress.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine like Congress like here, No, I'm not going to watch the sober one. Let me know when the wasted Congress is on so I can watch that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's stupid. That's history.
Speaker 1: Nearly half of Australia's birds, ninety percent of its mammals, reptiles and frogs aren't.
Speaker 3: Found anywhere else on the planet. That's neat.
Speaker 2: It's neat.
Speaker 3: The plant of plus comes to mind, whom.
Speaker 4: I think that's the only place that you know that's available there.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart in funny every bodies, it's the fuck that to the day. Okay, Buzzfest Saturday May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion Tickets now available to you at Ticketmaster or just come see us.
Speaker 3: I'll get you in, I'll get you in.
Speaker 2: It's your fun.
Speaker 3: We found out that.
Speaker 1: This is the exact same thing as a cow, probably castrated and trained to pull things, but this is the same thing as a cow. Seven one three, two one two.
Speaker 3: Five nine four five. Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Dude. Good to have you back in studio. I can't wait to hear the answer on I like the energy.
Speaker 2: This was great.
Speaker 3: How me do on Wall Street? Yesterday? Not a bad day on Wall Street?
Speaker 4: That I was up three hundred and seventeen points.
Speaker 12: Kick off this morning of forty fourth eight hundred and seventy three, NaSTA gained thirty eight to eighteen thousand, six ninety two benchmark ten year treasuries trading at a four point four to three percent, and oil stands as seventy one dollars forty four cents of earth to the most actives. The big studs am Gen, Navidia, and Boeing. The big duds Nike, Walt Disney, and Amazon. On the economic calendar this morning, we will get numbers on us US productivity for the fourth quarter. Right now futures, hey looking pretty good during the upside. Hang on to this would be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: I'm out of here.
Speaker 12: This is Highland Miniature Director with Raemy James ported for the Rock Ryans. So from Aramony James on San Philippi and Augusta. Know if you get to always rock out with this stalkout.
Speaker 6: Opinions expressed are those of Helland and not necessarily those of Raymond James of Associates, Income Ever, nist AS, IBC I, ARNT Radio or as sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is are educational and informational purposes on like the Studs and Duds, are based on movement as reported by Young.
Speaker 13: Nils used in Rock us CON's alternative All the and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four and five The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Lots of emails about the pac Man question today.
Speaker 1: They did know it did In the fresh out of bed heads to Head, I'll read one Tracy listening to the radio fresh out of bed head to head. My daughter, who is eleven, was yelling at the end of the question and the answer she was yelling at at the radio, So I guess it wasn't just an old.
Speaker 4: Person question and eleven year old new new inky blinky.
Speaker 2: Year olds.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the phones. We're talking about fun facts right now. That was the last bit.
Speaker 1: Is our this is our current bit. Aaron is on the phone. Hello Erin, Hi, Hi, welcome to the show. Did you know the pac Man question?
Speaker 3: Did you hear it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Well no, I didn't know it at the time, but then I remembered the ghost the ghosts on pac Man.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, let's focus on this to get you into buzzfest. This is just basically a cow that's been domesticated. They're the same thing.
Speaker 3: What what have we learned yesterday that would be an ox an ox an ox is.
Speaker 1: Just a cow that's been domesticated, probably castrated, and trained to pull things.
Speaker 3: Well, there you have it, just like that, Aaron, you're in the Busfest. Okay, we want to party with you.
Speaker 1: Saturday, May twenty fourth, out of the Woodlands everyone else Ticketmaster dot Com.
Speaker 3: Aaron, thanks for being a home room. Thank you. That's the day after teachers finished, So that's perfect. Oh you're kidding, that's Oh that's my morning day weekend, right way to kickoff, kickoff summer.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, Aaron'll be two fists and hey.
Speaker 1: Alexa played ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 14: Four point five the bus stations from iHeartRadio, The.
Speaker 1: Ron Bryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four The Buzz ninety four The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. That's Lincoln Park in the end. Ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy. Another record setting day.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: I mean we've broken a record every day this week. Today, highs up around eighty two. Next hour, I got ghost tickets for you.
Speaker 4: We'll do song clips.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get you guys to get out there and vote for Throwback Thursday. We'll we'll refamiliarize ourselves with what's available today for Throwback Thursday. The winning song will be played at nine thirty and then I can't wait for the arrival sometime next hour. Paul Ramsey is going to be coming down to the station. He is the chosen one today.
Speaker 3: He's got a tough task. He's going to be playing Alex and read my lips. So we'll meet him and we'll play that game at around eight twenty this morning.
Speaker 1: Right now, man, I'm talking about that's Alex right there with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: The Education Department offered buyout offers to employees yesterday. The department reportedly told staff members that if they accept the offer from the administration to resign, that they're going to receive up to eight months of pay as a seventh package, but that that severance package could be canceled at any time. Today is the deadline for the employees to accept the deal and resign. More than forty thousand employees have taken the buyout so far. According to the White House. The CIA also offered buyouts similar to that to his workforce. One of the latest moves for the Trump administration to overhaul and scale back the federal government.
Speaker 3: The US Postal Service said, and I noticed yesterday.
Speaker 5: That it has resumed accepting all inbound mail and packages from China and Hong Kong announcement came just hours after announcing that there would be a stoppage in all packages coming from the two countries, a sweeping move that could have disrupted shipments from e commerce sites like Timu and Sheen. The Postal Service and Customs and Border Protections say that they will be working closely together to implement an efficient collection mechanism to ensure that tariffs do not disrupt ship but shipments going further.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe how many people reached out to me because I kind of I don't know. It was like I admitted something, like I was in a circle of like, you know, people that I trust. Yeah, I shop on Timu.
Speaker 3: I'm a patriot. I only buy online or on Amazon wherever it comes from.
Speaker 1: From Amazon, you don't know where that's nun's coming from, so warehouse in the United States. You can't believe how many people eabail me dude, me too, me too, Timu. I use it all the time. Mama Cash sent me a text message. I'm on dude, I'm a team Mougal. I said, me too. I'm a team Ougal.
Speaker 3: Everybody's team Mougals. But it's the cheap kids.
Speaker 1: Clothing that I that's the stuff that I buy the most on. I sew all of my child's bills.
Speaker 5: A poll of three thousand Americans found that Buffalo wings are the best Super Bowl food. Last week we were talking about whatever idiots it was that were saying, like loaded baked potatoes or number one.
Speaker 3: Terrible. It was a terrible list. This is the right list. This is the correct list. They got it right.
Speaker 5: Were number one in thirty one of the fifty states, followed by chips, which were the top choice in seven states, and then Nacho's were number one in five states. Pizza was fourth on the list, followed by cheese slashed charcuterie boards, and then Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Was the only state that had this is their number one but loaded potato skins. This list is the one ray.
Speaker 5: It's the absolutely is I would have thought it would have been wings, pizza one, two, but I guess chips just because you have all the dips, so that goes with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you was asking me to power ring Super Bowl food. I would go wings, pizza, Win's, Wings, pizza, chips, Wings, pizza dips, then chips, but I guess you would have chips with dips.
Speaker 3: You would have to be. It's a it's packaged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chips and dips gotta go one and they gotta go hand in hand.
Speaker 5: Texas was with the majority that were very sensible people. You know, we like Buffalo Wings. That's our number one choice. Makes sense finally, right, Texas is right. Okay, I can agree with everything that you said here. Well, we just talked about this in trending with Gazelle Lunch is a mom. Again, we do not know much more than that, not that we need to, but there's no word on the actual birth date or sex of the baby. What we do know is that her it's her first child with her boyfriend, Joachim Valente.
Speaker 3: The forty four year old already has two kids with.
Speaker 5: Her ex husband Tom Brady. The congrats to Giselle and Joaquim.
Speaker 3: She's not all for them.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised she's not all like, here's me all pregnancy and she's like, girls like to take those pictures. Women like to take those pictures when they're pregnant now, you know, holding their cans do.
Speaker 5: And they just don't like that's that. You don't have to post it. They very well could have all of these these pregnancy photoshoots that they do, and then she just keeps them or sends them to family member.
Speaker 1: She's got older kids now, right, And if you're Giselle, you don't want your mom all naked and pregnant on the internet. They already like your mom's so hot. It's beautiful, probably.
Speaker 5: Limiting the amount of stuff she puts out there before I get the hate mail.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful thing, and I get it. Pregnant women, it's awesome. That's why we do the prelate. But they predicts. But maybe she did it like for the boys.
Speaker 3: You know, she got some probably said I would imagine that has something to do.
Speaker 5: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: So, yeah, she didn't do much of that, Nor did she release a picture of the kid that noise.
Speaker 3: Should she have to? But yeah, I don't know who celebrities.
Speaker 1: People are wondering, Christy Teagan, why don't you take a take a clue here from Zelle A little bit your boy.
Speaker 5: Chaboozi's song Tipsy has now spent more weeks at number one on the Billboard Music Charts than any other song in history.
Speaker 3: It's now been number one for twenty.
Speaker 5: Seven weeks, beating out the weekends blinding lights for the honor. Congratulations, right, I know this means a lot either.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean I discovered Shaboozi. You did as I when I discovered Old Town Road.
Speaker 5: I was the first person to discover that he held the record for he has the record for most consecutive weeks at number one. He was nineteen consecutive weeks, right, Chaboozi was eighteen, then he was de throwned, then he came back and did it again. So he has had the most total weeks at number one on the Billboard charts.
Speaker 3: It's an amazing accomplishment.
Speaker 1: And how it just it was a TikTok song and then it just blew up and now Chaboozi is a list. His his rise to the top maybe quicker than jelly rolls. And I don't think anybody was going to on jelly roll The fact that he went from opener on Shineedown to like headlining and being the number one build guy on every single festival out there, Shaboozie maybe even rising quicker.
Speaker 5: The jelly will also kind of did like a genre shift at one point. Sure, so he was around doing other stuff also in Shaboozi. I had never heard of him and so this time. But congratulations to your boys, shaboozi. Those are which or those are Uston's headlines? All right now, turn your head around and sports it's sports time, all right. Well, the Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight. They're up in Minnesota to take on the Timberwolves. They're one and a half point favorites heading into that game, trying to end their four game losing streak. Tip Off is at seven o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: And then in football, the NFL Honors ceremony is tonight.
Speaker 5: They're gonna end the league's MVP, Offensive Player of the Year, Defensive Player of thee Walter Payton, Man of the Year, Coach of the Year, Rookies of the Year, and more. They're also going to reveal the Pro Football Hall of Fame class of twenty twenty five. That'll all start at eight o'clock and you can watch it on Fox and NFL Network.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Have a bunch of chicks emailing me Rod like you, I'm a team Ogal too, Yeah, I'm a team Ogal that's me, every everybody else, team, all the gals, never one sort of from Thanks Mama Cash, see what you started.
Speaker 6: Easton's Rock and Alternatives, The Rod Last the morning show from six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or.
Speaker 3: Five us shredding, ninety four or five of the buzz.
Speaker 1: It's some easy boys with my boy Alex just shredding at the end. There no sleep till Brooklyn. Welcome to the seventh Spot. Everybody you're carrying over homeroom.
Speaker 3: Thank you for just joining us.
Speaker 4: Wake you waking, hands off those cupcakes.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit of fog to deal with today, not that they're not to the point where there's an advisory, but along the coastal regions, I'm hearing if you're near water, you're getting some fog this morning. So I wanted to mention that mostly cloudy most of the day today, ten percent chance of rain and another possibly but another record breaking day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, we've broken a record as to the warm temperatures.
Speaker 4: Today's high is expected to.
Speaker 1: Be at around eighty two. I have Ghost tickets for you. They're playing August sixteenth at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play Read my lips.
Speaker 1: Next Hour, Paul Ramsey, He's either the lucky person or the next victim, the next listener victim, the next listener casualty in the in the trail of dead Well that one guy won but everyone else is lost.
Speaker 3: Craig Craig the Craig Machine.
Speaker 1: Paul Ramsey wants to come in and beat Alex, last year's champion of reading my lips.
Speaker 3: Paul, I hope you practiced or something. I don't. I don't think you. Just come in here and play Alex cold. You were practicing, not practicing.
Speaker 4: Were you watching hockey?
Speaker 3: I did have hockey in the background, but I was editing podcast.
Speaker 4: We got a new podcast up, brand new, posting.
Speaker 3: It right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't wait to hear about that. Today's Throwback Thursday. We're asking you to vote. We're gonna do song clips coming up later on this hour. In the lead, the Presidents of the United States of America and their song Lump has forty seven percent of the vote. Rage against the Machine, testify, come on, it's awesome. Forty percent of the vote. Social distortion and they're Johnny cash Ball and chain right, Yeah, twelve percent of the vote, almost thirteen percent social d I wish they did better. I'd put them in all the time on Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: But I just know they don't do great. I love social distortion. I wish you guys did I wish you liked it more than me. You know, a little bit more email and then Chili's telling me I got to take line three.
Speaker 4: In niro E.
Speaker 1: Niro emailed me this morning. He said, Hey, Rod, where's the Thursday Guy today?
Speaker 3: I need it?
Speaker 15: What? What?
Speaker 4: Where's the where's the Chili said? Take wine four?
Speaker 3: Okay, hang on? Did we not play the It's Thursday guy? Put in the wrong Dropay? Is this John?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 17: Sir?
Speaker 3: Are you the o G It's Thursday Guy, the one and only man, the original Bro?
Speaker 2: Where you've been?
Speaker 3: Why did you check in with us once in a while? I feel like you call us every five or six years. It's been a little while, it has. I was driving this morning and I heard the.
Speaker 11: Intro, didn't hear myself, and I was like, oh, man, what's going on?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: You know what? Now that I think back, Alex, did we not play the It's Thursday Guy? I don't think we did. Three doors down, Get your ass out of bed, I don't think It's Thursday played this morning? Bro, John, You're no, no, no, You're still our guy. You're still our guy.
Speaker 3: What give me an approximate year that you that you did that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, so that had to be Uh. I would say somewhere around two thousand and five. Maybe you're kidding, man, we're around there. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Now, driver in Houston, I was delivering a Houston restaurants and uh when I made that call?
Speaker 5: So do man?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you have a little of the magic still in you? Oh? For sure?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 1: Do you think that we could recreate? Because we blew it off the top of the legal that's Alex and I.
Speaker 3: We both blew it.
Speaker 1: Can we make good on it and maybe even make it special and get an updated twenty twenty five version of the It's Thursday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, big deep bread, Bro, you do it. You're the professional. I'm not telling you what to do, but I feel like I got to clear my throat. Okay, Bro, I'm so ready for it. John Ramirez, the original It's Thursday Guy, here's our updated version. Bro.
Speaker 3: Take it away. It's pro back, dude.
Speaker 2: Great job.
Speaker 3: You haven't lost anything. You haven't lost it at all. Over love it man, dude.
Speaker 4: Good to check in with you, daddy, oh Man, don't be a stranger, John.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, you guys have a good one.
Speaker 9: You too, Bro, take care.
Speaker 3: Was it in and I didn't play it? No, I looked.
Speaker 5: I grabbed the drop right above it accidentally, so we ejected it.
Speaker 3: And I did not pay it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, A couple other people like, no, it's Thursday today.
Speaker 3: Good to hear from John.
Speaker 1: I remember talking about being excited abou out thursdays.
Speaker 3: It was Friday eve.
Speaker 1: We've always had the it's Friday guys different, It's Friday guys yelling about Friday and stuff. And I said, and I thought, Thursday is a pretty celebratable day. Yeah, and he goes, I got you. I remember him calling and saying, dude, I got you, and I said, what do you got? And then he just blurted it out. Where's you have the original?
Speaker 3: I want to I want to play it.
Speaker 1: I want to play it against what he just did, because he did throw back Thursday. But yeah, this is him calling me, he says, two thousand and five. Dude hasn't lost it at all, all right, thanks bro, So good to check in with you coming up after the break, we'll find out what's trending. We'll do a rerec check, we'll give away ghost tickets, and then we'll get set up to play some song.
Speaker 3: Clips and we'll refresh your ears. What's available to vote today, Rock and Alternative, The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 6: Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody. All right, we've got a lot planned for you coming up. Hey, continue, you're doing a great job.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Everybody that has submitted some words for today's Read my Lips game, you email me directly wrought at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 4: Doesn't have to be something that we talked about or that we said on the show. It can be anything. But a lot of things are geared towards things that have been heard this week.
Speaker 3: Mostly cloudy today, ten percent chance of rain.
Speaker 4: High eighty two.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play read my Lips against Alex is gonna take on Paul Ramsey. He was the selected either lucky or next victim listener coming down to the station to play the game. All right, there's the guy right there, last year's champion of Reading My Lits High.
Speaker 4: Alex, Hello, rod Man. A lot of NBA stuff trending.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is one of the trends I see too, Just lots of trades going on, the deadline is looming. Jimmy Butler goes to the Warriors, Mark Williams got shipped to the Lakers, the Bucks trade Chris Middleton to the Wizards for Kyle Kuzma.
Speaker 3: People just talk about all the crazy trades that have been going down this week and just yesterday.
Speaker 5: Specifically Sixtagram Thursday also trending. Thank you to listener Arthur from Sugarland. He submitted Kirvy Shasha for our six d gram Thursday and by Kirvy to.
Speaker 3: Check her out. And then also doge is trending. I am not one hundred percent on whether or not it's the coin. I do think it could be. The Department of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: It's what Elon Musk is working on to try to, you know, let's get rid of some of the trim the fat. So that's where these buds and the cuts and stuff like that, Department of Education, the CIA. They're trying to get the government to run a little leaner, meaner and really taking a look at hey, where is all this right? But the main reason that we hire anybody, because it was explained to me really like a light bulb went off. All you're doing, these elected officials, All you're doing is trusting them how to spend the money that we're paying in taxes.
Speaker 3: Right, Like, okay, I trust you.
Speaker 1: All of this money that you just took from me, you're responsible, bring the right things to the forefront, and then spend the money wisely. And they're looking at where some of this money is going. They're like, wait a minute, this needed to really, So that's what Elon Musk is looking at.
Speaker 3: That's what he is. He's a very polarizing figure. Yeah he is. Yeah, it is very true. That's just trending. On ninety five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Let's give away some tickets here and then can you set us up for song clips? I can do that, all right, we'll do song clips. We'll talk throwback Thursday. But right now, I got tickets to go see Ghost August sixteenth, Toyota Center. I'll take caller number ten right now. Seven one three, two, one two five nine five, Good Luck, The.
Speaker 3: Right Show Fun ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Bou Baom.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's show, it's the Offspring.
Speaker 3: You're gonna go far, kid. I hear evenings, I listen to the ninety four to five the Bus. It's my favorite radio station. It's my favorite station.
Speaker 1: I hear in the evenings, I hear Ali playing a new Offspring song and it's really good, nice, it's really have.
Speaker 3: You heard it? I had you like it, dude?
Speaker 1: I love the Offspring day I too, and I remember and I've talked about it a million times sitting next to you Offspring at Buzzfast and Alex just singing every lyric to every single song, and I said, I.
Speaker 3: Had no idea that you were this big a fan. Didn't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't, but I share your fandom of the band.
Speaker 1: So Radio Wizard, we're loving that new Offspring's open that up a little bit, give us a taste here.
Speaker 3: In the morning.
Speaker 1: Huh, mostly cloudy, ten percent chance of rain, highs of around eighty two. Let me go over to the phones here up some tickets. A lot of you, a lot of you are calling right now. Hi, Hello, Hi, what, huh?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 17: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hio? What who's this?
Speaker 10: Ray?
Speaker 15: Hi?
Speaker 10: Ray?
Speaker 3: Sweet baby Ray?
Speaker 2: You call her ten?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Ray, that's awesome. Yeah, okay, yeah, very excited. I've been listening for many, many years.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. I appreciate all the years.
Speaker 1: Sweet baby, Ray, I'm going to give you tickets to go see Ghost August sixteenth at the Toyota Centa.
Speaker 3: Okay, Ray, you're making my day today.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I was already in a good mood, but I didn't think I could feel better.
Speaker 4: Somehow, Ray, you're making me feel even better.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate I like you wonderful.
Speaker 3: This is wonderful.
Speaker 4: I really I'm enjoying your energy on the radio today.
Speaker 2: I really am.
Speaker 3: Thank you, dude.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you being on Bored with Us.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 4: Have a great time at that show.
Speaker 1: All right, brother, Hey listen, well, I got you. You want me to throw in a real quick vote for you? Do you want? Do you want the presidents of the United States of America? Lump Rage against the Machine? Testify? Social Distortion, Ball and Chain, which is an original social distortion song.
Speaker 3: I may have misspoke earlier which song I think I'm going to go work?
Speaker 2: Testify?
Speaker 3: Are you I knew I liked you?
Speaker 1: Ray?
Speaker 3: You think of ring a fire. That's right, thank you. I knew I liked you.
Speaker 4: Sweet baby Ray, have a great day.
Speaker 16: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: I put it too. I put in raised vote and it helped.
Speaker 1: But it's still not putting Rage Against the Machine to the number one slot. Rage against the Machine in second place this morning, even with the raised backing forty two percent of you want to hear against the.
Speaker 3: Machine and testify Chili, that's all Chili.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I used to have a DVD of Rage Against the Machine's final show.
Speaker 1: Before that, nobody knew that they were breaking up except the band, and they were doing like a club show, and they made a DVD on it, and every time Chili.
Speaker 3: Would come over, he'd like, put on the DVD. Dude, Chili, am I right, He's.
Speaker 4: Put on the DVD and Chili would just sit there and rock out.
Speaker 11: Yeah, dude. I even had order it myself.
Speaker 4: It's one of the best concert DVDs ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When he told me the story about it, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: Only the band knew that this was going to be their last time performing.
Speaker 1: They had their buddy Cypress Hill joining them on stage, and it's just I don't remember what the name of it is.
Speaker 4: But it's easy to look at Pinocchia Theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah maybe it was all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I know what you're voting for, Chili, nobody's voting for social distortion.
Speaker 4: We got to really put something tough cattern this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not surprised that they're not winning, and I can't keep using it as an excuse every time Social Distortion is in for voting. There's a couple of songs. They're not a one hit wonder by far. There's always just a behemoth in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you just get the stick over and over again.
Speaker 4: You're never gonna hear it win.
Speaker 3: I'm throwing back Thursday.
Speaker 4: Okay, unless we put two absolute turds in there.
Speaker 1: But I'm telling you all, if you haven't spent any time with social distortion in a while, just go back and listen to some stuff and you're gonna love it. It just puts you in a great mood to be a nice day. Get a couple of beers out on the deck and put on some social d you'll love it. You'll have a great time.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is way way in last place alone. This is number one. They win when they're in Yeah, not a one hit wonder.
Speaker 1: This was the song that we were all introduced to the Presidents of the United States of America, which oddly.
Speaker 4: Enough came out of Seattle around ninety two.
Speaker 1: And they were never lumped in with the grunge guys ever, like they were on another side of the steats, just like Candlebox was never included in the grunge Peches, Peaches, Kitty, my mock five, They've got hits, man, they got great songs.
Speaker 3: They kind of were a whose line is it anyway?
Speaker 4: They would play in a band. They would play in a bar.
Speaker 1: Somebody would say spoons, and they'd write a song on the spot and they play it about spoons. That's what they would do. They were like a comedic, funny good musicians. The bass player had two strings, the guitar player had three strings.
Speaker 2: It was weird.
Speaker 3: They were just weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Presidents of the United States of America Number one right now on Throwback Thursday and need you to your votes winning song played at nine point thirty this morning?
Speaker 3: What yo score, touch points? What goals? What you were listening to The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show Everlast, What It's Like Throwback Thursday. Thank you for getting involved and voting today. I need more of you to head over to the world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page at the buzz dot com cast your vote. One hundred models of Love Street Blonde on the wall. There are four open squares tomorrow free beer Friday.
Speaker 4: Every beer winner.
Speaker 1: Gets a square for the big game on Sunday, your chance to win five hundred dollars for the first, second, and third quarter, the score at the end of that quarter, and then the score at the end of the game. An additional spot is available still at this late date to sign up to win the additional five hundred dollars. In total, carbok gave us twenty five hundred dollars to give to you guys, only four open squares. You gotta win that beer tomorrow can get in there, so that's gonna be excited. Thank you to our friends over at Love Street Blonde for hanging with us and partying with us. We've got good things, great things planned with them. I could have done this as my pole question today, but I could just do it with the twins.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 4: There's three of us.
Speaker 3: Alex, do you own a suit.
Speaker 1: I do, Okay, I owned several. Wow, I'm wearing one next week, Chili. Do you own a suit? Not a sport coat and jeans?
Speaker 11: The Mariacci outfit cout, No.
Speaker 3: That is kind of a suit.
Speaker 4: You just said it's a costume.
Speaker 3: Do you own a suit?
Speaker 2: Actually I do. I had to buy one for Alex's wading. Ah.
Speaker 4: You were looking sharp, that the great, Yeah you do, we're looking sharp.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. Two thirds of men own at least two thirds of dudes out there own at least one suit, one hundred percent on the show, look at us suit. Don't look at us suits. Now, listen, don't make fun of me when you see me in a suit.
Speaker 3: I'm going to a funeral that day. I learned the hardway.
Speaker 1: I learned the hard way. On that said something to somebody in the hall. I'm like, oh, oh geez, look at this. Somebody's'll dress up little bit. It's the equivalent of like getting it wrong that a girl is not pregnant. It's the equivalent of like you feel like that because.
Speaker 3: You make they like, go what you got you're in court today? Oh boy, guy wearing a suit. Blah bah blah. It's like, well, actually I have a funeral. I'm like, okay, I'm just going to bash my head against the wall. I'm not gonna say word to the rest of the week. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like asking a girl. Oh jeez, when you do, I'm not okay. I'm gonna the same wall, same head, bash away. I felt the same way.
Speaker 3: I'll never do it again.
Speaker 1: I will never ever comment on somebody wearing a suit. It's just like you were in a suit today. Great, that's awesome. If you see me in a suit, I'm probably going to a funeral.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know, I'm going to a wedding or a fun It's good to be casual Friday every day here, all right.
Speaker 4: Two thirds of you with your suits?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. I remember playing that on the air for the first time and taking people's reaction.
Speaker 3: You know, he's talking about praying to God.
Speaker 1: And talking to God, and I remember taking the phone calls not really knowing how the song was going to be received. And it wasn't a slam dunk the first time we played it, for sure. Obviously it's turned out to be a huge hit. But that's jelly roll who I'll say this did sound pretty good at that fire Right show. I watched a lot of the fire Raid stuff over the last couple of days with his Bob Seaer.
Speaker 4: Cover is Bob's Secret Cover.
Speaker 3: I did watch it again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fun watching Travis Barker play the drums and then.
Speaker 3: Just like watching a psychopath play drums.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, And he's like, yeah, I'm gonna bring up my big brother. And Travis Barker is eternally young looking to me? Is he looks like a kid. He looks like a skater punk Oh.
Speaker 3: Adult Travis Barker just has all the tattoos.
Speaker 5: Baby Travis Barker had, like the racing stripe on it or the racing flag on his neck.
Speaker 4: Spiky hair, all right.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance of rain mostly cloudy hies of around eighty two. Oh, Chilie's got a little friend in the chili bah. I'm assuming that's Paul Ramsey. We're gonna meet Paul Ramsey coming up. He's gonna be playing alex in Read My Lipsy Easy. I say you wanted to go charging in there after him?
Speaker 5: Good old fashioned friendly game I hope everybody has fun today.
Speaker 3: Don't take a swing at the guy's a listener? Would you never take a swing out a listener? All right?
Speaker 4: What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Please? Good morning one.
Speaker 5: The Education Department offered buyout offers to employees yesterday. The department reportedly told staff members that if they accept the offer from the administration to resign, that they're going to receive up to eight months pay as a severance package, but that the seventh package could be canceled at any time. Today is the deadline for employees to accept that deal and resign. More than forty thousand employees have taken the buyout so far, according to the White House.
Speaker 3: The CIA has also offered buyouts to its workforce.
Speaker 5: In one of the latest moves by the Trump administration to overhaul and scale back the federal government, Mexico began dispatching the first of ten thousand troops to the border separating Juarez and Del Passo yesterday. The deployment comes just days after a tariff showdown between the Trump administration in Mexico and led Mexico ended up promising to increase their border enforcement efforts. Over fifteen hundred troops are expected to be sent to the area, making it second only to the Tijuana area and the number of troops deployed.
Speaker 3: Do you watch TV while eating dinner? Yeah, the correct answer is yes.
Speaker 5: Dinner is a great time to connect with your family and have actual conversationations. A lot of people just prefer to watch TV while they eat. I mean you can have conversations about what you're watching. Like our first phone caller today said that he learns about his kid's anime by watching TV with him when they eat, So I think that that could play into it as well. But watching TV's not the only thing that people are doing while they eat. Eat where they eat, that's the most popular thing, though. Twenty eight percent of people will serve it say that they use their phone during dinner. Sixteen percent of people will listen to music, eight percent say that they read, six percent say they make phone calls, and another six claim to play video games.
Speaker 1: You gotta be single to do some of those things, Like one guy sent and said, rod, I'm a grown ass single man. He plays with Lego while he's eating. That's what he does while he's eating dinner. But he said he's single. I've always how are you gonna read a book at the dinner table with a bunch of other people there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no at dinner. But I've always envied like I can't eat by myself. I feel like everybody's staring at me, like, what's this weird are doing? Where are his friends in public? But I think like I envy people that can just go sit in public, order lunch by yourself on your lunch break, and just have a book out, even if you're not even reading the book.
Speaker 1: I'm like that guy gets it. I did it when Guy's living. It was an exercise. Dinah made me do it because she would do it all the time. Dina was just at home eating by herself. Correct she was a weirdo. She didn't mind at all, loved it, so she made me. I went into Loubi's. I think I was working out at Lifetime. I went to Loubi's and I got the whatever the you know, the chicken breast and I sat there leu Anne platter maybe, and I felt like everybody was staring at me. I know nobody was, but I just I was sitting there by myself, and she said, don't be on your phone, don't do anything.
Speaker 3: I go, what do I look at? Where do my eyes go? Do I look at everybody?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm staring if I'm looking at anything else, like if you have a book, then like I feel like people like, look at this nerd even though when I look at people, I'm like, they're obviously smarter than me.
Speaker 3: Look at them.
Speaker 4: She laughed at me. She said, you're overthinking it, and.
Speaker 5: You, like me, have anxiety about like social anxiety in certain situations like that.
Speaker 4: I'm just like sitting there staring at my chicken breast, feeling like a psycho.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I look, I'm a narcissist. I need people to be around me. I can't alone, Okay, I don't. I don't survive them alone.
Speaker 1: So when people are doing these activities while they're eating, this exercise was more about being at home.
Speaker 3: Being at home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one percent of people who do say that they eat dinner while driving. That seems like more of a breakfast thing.
Speaker 1: YEA fifty eight percent of our audience always watches television while eating dinner, thirty percent occasionally. Eleven percent of our audience never never watches television while eating dinner.
Speaker 3: That's our pole question today on the x More Super Bowl ads came out yesterday.
Speaker 5: Some notable ones included Mountain Dew turning Seal into an actual seal, Shania Twain as his singing tongue, and a commercial for coffee aid, Wayne Brady promoting Purdue Chicken chanting Tatum returning to his magic mic role for an ad in cold Brew Coffee.
Speaker 3: You can see all of these on our Super Bowl Commercial blog page. Oh, I got a question. You want the seal? When do we get to hear seal singing seal?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 1: If seal is happening right now and you're telling me that seal becomes a seal in a in a commercial, I'm.
Speaker 3: Glad you asked.
Speaker 5: Frod.
Speaker 3: We have exactly what I have for you right now, because it's would this go down as a drop.
Speaker 1: Seals singing Seals if we ever do that drop thing? Because this might win?
Speaker 3: Here we go? Does it kinds of a song.
Speaker 5: Seals singing Seal? Why is it funny? Every single time? It's never not It's never not as funny as it was the first time.
Speaker 3: It's never not meel.
Speaker 1: Every single time Seal singing Seal has been absolute nails.
Speaker 5: You know what a seal singing Sheal should have been added to is this show we're about to talk about the original Black Sabbath. It's getting back together for one final show. It'll be on July sixth in the band's hometown of Birmingham, England. The full band is reuniting. Bill Ward, who was not part of the last reunion, will be a part of it this time. Last time the original lineup performed together was twenty years ago at oz Fest two thousand and five. There's also gonna be a star studded lineup to support Sabbath at the show. If you can think of a metal band besides Judas Priest, they are probably on this lineup. But Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Hailstorm, Alice In, chains lamb of God, Anthrax, Slash, Billy Corgan, Fred Dirst, many many more are all performing at the event. It's gonna be Ozzy's final solo show as well. Tickets will go on sale next Friday. Those are You since headlines.
Speaker 1: Pat Morrero, who's the one that turned me onto the show yesterday. He's like, all right, get with the wizard.
Speaker 3: What do you guys doing? Win them before they go on on sale.
Speaker 5: Fights to England I wish man. All right, let's go Sports Rockets. They're back in action tonight. They're gonna take on the Timberwolves on the road. They're one and a half point favorites heading into this one, trying to put an end to their four game losing streak. Tip Off for the game is at seven. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In football, the NFL Honors ceremony is tonight. They're gonna name the league's MVP, Josh Allen, Right, right.
Speaker 4: Do they take bets on this?
Speaker 11: They do?
Speaker 3: Is is Josh? I look up the odds, right, I will go look him up. After just wondering if Josh is the front runner still, I would imagine it's it's him or Lamar have to be. There's a there's this bubbling under of Joe Burrow too. Joe Burrow should win it. He will not.
Speaker 5: You could win offensive but no, because it'll be whoever doesn't win it or Saquon We'll get Offensive Player of beer Yeah, but yeah, Offensive Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Walter Payton, Man of the Year, Coach of the Year, and Rookies of the Year as well as many more are gonna be named. They're also going to reveal the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of twenty twenty five. That all starts at eight and you can watch it on five NFL Network.
Speaker 13: That is what's going on in sports rock and alternatives to The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 3: Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Here we go ninety four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan Show, Papa Roach halfway part of.
Speaker 3: The show, people halfway. Yeah, read my lips. Is this hour awesome?
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out who this guy is. He's hanging out with the chili in his chili bowl.
Speaker 3: You can see him.
Speaker 1: You guys still checking us out on our Facebook Live and on our YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: Are you seeing if we look as silly as we sound.
Speaker 1: The answer is yes, but I hope you are kind of following along Facebook Live and it's another way to listen to the show and interact with us. And yeah, there's some strange dude in there with chili this morning. He's gonna be It's Paul Ramsey. By the way, he's gonna be taking on Alex. He's the chosen one. Come down here to the station. Only one listener has one in our little experiment here for.
Speaker 3: Reading my lips. People seem to be enjoying it.
Speaker 1: Having a listener come down and play in the mix a little bit taken down the twins.
Speaker 3: We'll see how well Paul does. Coming up in just a little bit. It's for Outlaw Music festival tickets. Will we be giving those.
Speaker 4: Tickets away to somebody on the phone or does Paul leave.
Speaker 3: Here with those tickets? Well, we'll see. That's why you play the game. I think that somebody famously said that once it's Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 4: Let me take a quick look here.
Speaker 3: How are you guys doing on your voting today.
Speaker 1: I like all the songs. I don't say that all the time. I really like all the songs. Rage against the machine the Chili Dogs have They've heard their guy Chili wants rage against the machine to win. Testifies in the lead with fifty percent of the vote. Presidents of the United States of America and their song Lump thirty three percent of the vote. Remember weird Al's cover of Lump, It's Gump, It's Gump. He did a Forrest Gump song based on the President's song Lump. Social Storation, Ball and Chain sixteen percent.
Speaker 3: That's another one of the.
Speaker 1: Things that cemented presidents of the United States of America. That's on your resume, like, oh my god, weird l covered you. That's how big you were. Ye if weird Al covered you, that it adds it adds a legitimacy to your career. When weird Al covered you, it was a big, big deal for weird Al to recognize your song. Saw Tony Tony Tony. There was a band called Tony Tony Tony.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was Tony with his off that well, no Chuka Khan, Chaka Khan. You always have to say that twice. It was Tony with a y, Tony with an I, Tony with an E.
Speaker 3: That's tone. I don't know if you guys known, but it was e. It was a hard e.
Speaker 1: Like the hard pass you go hard e on t O n E. Anyways, I'm Tony Tony. I'm like, Tony Tony, Tony, Tony, get the band out of here. Tony sends me an email and he said he was just getting ready to make his move.
Speaker 3: What was he gonna do? No, but he'd be late on that too.
Speaker 1: He was just sending me his picture of him and his love Street Blonde Tony Tony.
Speaker 2: Tony.
Speaker 3: He's like, dude, here's my picture. Is there any way I can get up on the beer board?
Speaker 1: Well, number one, you're not submitting on the website like you're supposed to do it, So you can't just send me a picture.
Speaker 3: There's rules in this society. You look like Tony. You look like you're Tony. You look like you're enjoying your Love Street Blonde. Good looking guy.
Speaker 1: You would be a great addition on that board you just got into late bro now Tony, Tony.
Speaker 2: Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony Tony.
Speaker 1: If you win free beer Friday tomorrow, I'll give you a square. There's only four squares left. You know what I'm talking about. Working with the Love Street Blonde this year Carbox Love Street Blonde, you guys have been given the chance to win a large sum of money during the highly anticipated Big Game this Sunday. Five hundred dollars will be given out at the end of the first, second and third quarter and then at the final score.
Speaker 4: It's two grand Now.
Speaker 1: Tony to n n to Nick Dony Dony Donny, Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony, Donny. You can sign up for that five hundred dollars. Okay, you can, you absolutely can't. There's an additional right here. It says, after you sent us a.
Speaker 3: Pick, Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony.
Speaker 1: Tony Late Tony, click here for another chance to win five hundred dollars from Carbock.
Speaker 3: You can get in on that.
Speaker 1: Everybody can get in on that. So that's still available on the website. But four beer winners tomorrow free Beer Friday. You get the case of beer, Thank you, Specs, and you get one of the four final squares. So we got some work to do after the show tomorrow, and then we got to draw the numbers zero through nine. We have to do that twice, line them up, and then people go into the weekend with their numbers and you know, the squares, and it's an exciting addition to.
Speaker 3: The game watching this. You know, playing cards to move I will okay, okay, is that the best way to do it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Playing cards?
Speaker 3: Shuffle them up?
Speaker 4: What do you use for the zero at ace ace ace?
Speaker 3: Yeah, through nine. I can do that. I'll have that for you tomorrow. Thank you. That's how I think we've done in the past.
Speaker 1: Okay, so uh so, Tony Tony Tony, Tony, Tony, you gotta get me this stuff earlier. But all is not lost. Free beer Friday. You got a chance last minute. Send me your words for read my Lips. I haven't been beating you up at all because you've been doing a great job.
Speaker 3: I have words. I'm ready to go for the game. You guys have really I mean homeroom. I was done in homeroom. To be honest with you.
Speaker 1: If you have a great word that you think we should use for read my lips, it's Alex taking on listener Paul Ramsey. I'll scan my email one more time. Email me directly Rod at the Buzz dot com and we'll see if we can get another listener winning at the game to beat my Lips.
Speaker 13: We'll get into it after the break The Rod Ryan Morning Show six the bus.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm comment, I'm coming.
Speaker 3: Hey, would you plug those in for me?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Get ready for Paul to come in and join us. Hi, Good morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: We're just making preparations. We got company trying to clean the place up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Hope you're on to a great start to your day.
Speaker 4: Let's throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Thank you for all the votes rage against the machine in the lead right now over the presidents of the United States of America. I got mostly Claudi's guys for you today. Ten percent chance of rain hies them.
Speaker 3: Around eighty two. All right, let's find out what's trending. What you got Alex six Ram Thursday. Is the bill continuing to trend this morning, Kurvy.
Speaker 5: And Sasha submitted to us from our buddy Arthur in Sugarland.
Speaker 3: Go give her a look.
Speaker 5: Check her out on the World Demige rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. If you have already, the NFL Hall of Fame twenty twenty five is trending as well. You're going to learn the the inductees into the twenty twenty five Hall of Fame class.
Speaker 3: You seem nervous about Eli Many very nervous. Bro I will riot. I have vowed to riot. He's a first ballad Hall of Famer. You would think he is. But there's a lot of hate out there.
Speaker 5: Luke Keighley, Antonio Gates, Jared Allen, Tory Holt, Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith, Adam Vinitariy Terrell Sluggs, Darren Woodson along with Eli Manning are all nominees for the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: I would imagine four to five of them get in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, not all of those guys are making not all of them okay, but Eli's showIn that.
Speaker 3: And then Alex Bregman is also trending. It looks like he could be signing with the Cubs.
Speaker 5: Nothing's official yet, but it is rumored to be up to about a one hundred million dollar contract that he would be signing with the Cubs. And I know that everybody wanted him back with the Astros. But we'll always have those memories, won't they.
Speaker 3: Paul, it's not a done deal. But you're thinking it's what you're saying right now, But that's a training I not even what it was. Thank you. It's time to read my lips. Who's this guy in the room? Are you Paul? I'm Paul. Hi, Paul. How are you doing all right?
Speaker 4: How are you great? Really good today?
Speaker 2: Don't ruin it.
Speaker 3: Try not to don't ruin.
Speaker 1: It, dude, I'm really I came in having a good day, and then it's Thursday. Guy called, and there was a couple of other things that happened, and it's just really the guy that won the ghost tickets today.
Speaker 3: That was awesome. He made me.
Speaker 4: That makes me feel good.
Speaker 3: Paul.
Speaker 4: I wish everybody sounded that happy about winning stuff from us.
Speaker 3: That guy was awesome. That guy was so good, and then he just put me over the top today. Paul, what's your story? Where are you from?
Speaker 4: Best Side?
Speaker 3: West Side? Okay? And you applied to come down to play read my lips? That was follows Chili's instructions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is no resume you submit.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's no resume. Ask me if I'm a lip reader? He didn't. Oh geez, you know, Chili, you don't ask that question.
Speaker 4: Are you a professional lip reader?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 11: We want to keep it as as you know, as even as.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, listen, Paul, we're gonna play the game after this. Who goes first?
Speaker 3: I will get Paul the option?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna give you. I got throwda blind here to four minutes song. You got four minutes to figure out if you want to go first or second? All right, Paul, there's been great words submitted.
Speaker 3: It was tough.
Speaker 1: I got down to seven words. Why do I need seven words? Because this might go into overtime? Dude, or you just might kill Alex, but you know he's last year's champion, right. Oh, okay, Paul, that is Paul Ramsey from the Best Side. If you're not watching, if you're not fired up with the cameras, are fired up in here.
Speaker 4: If you're not watching us on Facebook or YouTube, you need to do immediately.
Speaker 3: We play in four minutes The Rod Ryan Show on the bus ninety four five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: That was four minutes of Third Eye, Blind and Jumper. Okay, guys, we've got a packed studio here.
Speaker 3: Hi Alex, Hello Rod I.
Speaker 1: Do want to talk to you about your podcast coming up, but we got a little thing to do here.
Speaker 3: We're busy. Is that okay? That's going on?
Speaker 2: You read my lips?
Speaker 3: I got Paul, who's very Paul. How many suits do you own? Oh? I had to take my suit jacket off before I came in here.
Speaker 4: That's okay, that's okay. But you're a suit guy.
Speaker 3: No, No, probably two suits. Did you dress up for us? I did? Yeah?
Speaker 10: You wear?
Speaker 4: Are you going to work after this?
Speaker 3: I am going to work? And what do you do?
Speaker 1: I'm an engineer, okay, not a professional lip reader. No, I'm still waiting for someone to moonlight. I'm still waiting for someone to slide in here. As a professional lip reader. You this is your your dressed up nice, this is this is an every day Okay, you gotta wear a suit coat.
Speaker 2: No, no, not to you're an engineer.
Speaker 3: I am smart No smart ass, some kind of smart ass.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, Paul, Paul from the Best Side, you said that you did not you said?
Speaker 3: He said?
Speaker 4: This is what he said.
Speaker 1: While this song is playing, He's like, I'm raw dogging this meaning you didn't practice or anything?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: None? None, none at all.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're taking on last year's champion, Paul.
Speaker 3: It doesn't mean anything. That's last year. This year as Paul Ramsey. That's Alex who's playing first, Paul. I'm gonna let Alex go. Really yeah, y how do you like that play?
Speaker 2: That's an OG move right there.
Speaker 3: I don't mind it. I respect it.
Speaker 4: You haven't been in the studio. These are the words.
Speaker 3: I'm mixing them up, Okay, I just I don't care. Who gets what.
Speaker 11: I saw the pressures on Alex right now, lots of pressure on Alex.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 4: I have seven words here, just a case, just the case. We go into overtime. All right, I got words, I got Alex.
Speaker 1: He's got the headphones on now and blaring in his ears. Paul, is this band Mastadon love it?
Speaker 3: You know the song?
Speaker 10: You did?
Speaker 4: You at least listen to that so you know what you're in for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I listened to it. I'm gonna be blaring in your ears right now. It's blaring in Alex's ears. He cannot hear me.
Speaker 1: Uh, Chili, you're timekeeping twenty seconds on the clock. As soon as I say the word, Todd sent this word in thumbs up.
Speaker 10: Up.
Speaker 15: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Juicy wiggle, juicy wiggle Youston Winter, juicy wiggle, juicy juicy What juicy wiggle? Juicy juicy Winter? Juicy wiggle juicy Winter. Oh, he was close, He was close.
Speaker 3: What'd you think, Paul? That was a hard one.
Speaker 2: That was hard.
Speaker 3: That was hard. That was hard.
Speaker 2: Well, so he's gravy gangler talk.
Speaker 1: So what you're telling me is you're gonna walk in and start critique in this game? Why is the cover went tot juicy wiggle, juicy wiggle. Now Alex is gonna say, what does that even mean? I don't know, doesn't have to mean anything.
Speaker 3: It's no rules. I mean, okay, but that's good news for you, bro. You should like that.
Speaker 1: That would now all right? Now this was set on this I don't know. I was that set on the show anywhere?
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe probably if it's dom, it was set on this show. Kevin sent this one and it was set on the show. Thumbs up, thumbs.
Speaker 14: Up, monkey egg, monkey egg, monkey head, monkey egg, mollyhead, monkey egg, bald head, monkey egg, what monkey buck ahead?
Speaker 3: Monkey egg, monkey egg, monkey egg. Dude, wrong, No, I'm so used to hitting the bell with that guy. Right, you've got it, Alex Paul, what happened?
Speaker 1: Well, this week we're talking about the price of eggs, and I said.
Speaker 3: I like monkey eggs because he said he wanted Ostrich eggs in the morning.
Speaker 4: I said, what about monkey eggs.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Oh, monkeys don't lay eggs, monkey eggs.
Speaker 17: What's going on with your boy here? I mean I I think he threw him off his game by letting him go first. Okay, so veteran move. Yeah, now the pressure is on you, JP.
Speaker 1: I think he's in this business. Yeah, that's why he sent this one in JP. I think he's in this particular sector of the workforce. Thank you JP for the word. Alex is struggling thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Yeap oh, he's man.
Speaker 4: Poop pump, poop pump, poop pump.
Speaker 3: Poop pump. He got None of those are things.
Speaker 2: That's I tell you you man.
Speaker 3: Jump.
Speaker 1: JP is in sanitation and there is a poop pump. Okay, that's what JP does for a living.
Speaker 17: Yeah, because whenever the portable potty you see, you know they got a vacuum the mouth.
Speaker 3: Ye monkey egg was that I might still eggs idiots.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's when we were talking about the price of eggs and you said ostrich eggs and.
Speaker 3: I said, I like monkey eggs. Still, they're not things. Juicy wiggle. What's that to your boy? To well, I don't even know what that is. Go see your guy tot on that one.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you see what happened here?
Speaker 3: I saw it. You need one, Paul, you need one to tie. Hopefully I got all the all the words sucked. This guy won the whole thing last year. Can he have the loud things that go in his ears?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, remember Paul, you do not win. They're kicking you.
Speaker 3: Out of Katie, Oh boy, you don't want that, all right? That's this is Paul.
Speaker 1: Now Paul is putting in the headphones with the masta don he won't go to hear us. That's Paul Ramsey from the best side. A rare opportunity here, Yeah, to shock the world like a down goes Fraser and the shot and beat the twenty twenty four champion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, off the streets.
Speaker 1: This is like Rocky the first Rocky when they picked the Italian Stallion out of a book to play to fight. Apollo created you and he went the distance. Eh, Paul's not only trying to go the distance, He's trying to win.
Speaker 2: Here we go and he was robbed though.
Speaker 3: In the two Nicole sent this one in, Oh no, he comes up thumbs up, fluffy things, fluffy thing.
Speaker 2: Oh not even a second. Who is this guy?
Speaker 8: Who is this guy?
Speaker 3: I told you he was a ringer fluffy things, he said, fluffy thing.
Speaker 4: I thank you, Nicole.
Speaker 3: We're tied.
Speaker 2: We're going home the time or he's winning.
Speaker 6: We're t.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Paul the Italian Stallion Ramsey Cinderella Story. Kristen sent this word in thumbs.
Speaker 18: Up, thumbs up, stinky pinky ten minutes, stinky six.
Speaker 3: Pinky six stinky pinky.
Speaker 19: Six minutes six peanuts, stinky sixteen, pinky stinky pinky, stinky six sinky sixteen minute sky.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, now, Alex, you've talked about this. You've talked about this. When you have a word in your head and you can't get out of him because you think you got that first one locked in.
Speaker 3: He did not have the first one locked in. Stinky Pinky.
Speaker 2: Ray Star. By the way, Stinky pinky Wow got us a game, boys.
Speaker 3: He needs this to win otherwise we go into overtime.
Speaker 2: You know, result always did Ray.
Speaker 3: Sweet Baby Ray.
Speaker 1: We've had how many Sweet Baby Rays have we had on the show today? Be that all the Rays getting involved today?
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Raise, thank you Ray. All right, here we go, thumbs up.
Speaker 18: Meat Beard hates a meat Beard peace pickle, meat Beard, meat beans, meat Beard, peacet pickle, meat Beard, point pickle, meat pink pinch pickle meat time.
Speaker 4: He's kind of stuck, that is to be fair, meat Beard.
Speaker 3: Oh the p's and ms, I mean not.
Speaker 2: Bad for just that practical and you're just coming at you know, from the street.
Speaker 4: Okay, uh, Chili, would you get him out?
Speaker 6: Of here.
Speaker 1: You have to go, so we can't have you hearing what's going on here. Paul's driving an overtime. Here, Paul's driving in overtime, Hi, Alex.
Speaker 3: So what we're gonna have to do.
Speaker 10: Here is uh.
Speaker 3: Chili.
Speaker 1: I gotta wait for Tilly to come back. But you know how overtime works. I'm gonna you have been an overtime in a while. I'm gonna say the word. You keep guessing until you get it right. If you don't get it in two seconds, the guy's never played before.
Speaker 3: Don't lose your s I might still do it, so I don't know, don't we'll see. Do it for Eli, tell me what to do. Do it for Eli?
Speaker 2: Do it for Eli? All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Keep yourself. I'll keep my composed for e Manning, not for you. I can't have anybody freaking out. I can't for composure. Thank you. Frank the tank. Where's the LIVI every day?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Here we go. The guy switching the headphones out? Now, where's where's listener?
Speaker 2: Paul? Oh, he's over there with about sails.
Speaker 3: You can't hear. No, Yeah, they don't play us in the whole The other station honey, exactly is what they're listening to. You would listen to Dana two. All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: All right, after I say the word, you start timing. Oh yeah, okay, I'm gonna go with Thomas here. I'm gonna go with this word Thomas. Jeez, he said, Thomas, all right, I'm going to I'm gonna I'm gonna go with Thomas here.
Speaker 4: I'm like a coach.
Speaker 3: Hold, I'm holding the playbook up over my mouth.
Speaker 15: Dennis thumbs up, dumbs up, Tony Baloney, Tony, Tony Baloney.
Speaker 3: Boom boom. He's not taking it easy on this listener at all.
Speaker 2: All right, go get Paul. Get Paul.
Speaker 3: Is that Paul is gonna need. He's gonna need to not have any hesitation at all. Hey, Paul, you're doing great, bro.
Speaker 4: You're doing great. Here's how overtime works.
Speaker 1: As you get yourself settled and ready to play, I'm gonna say the word, he's gonna start timing.
Speaker 4: You keep guessing until you get it right.
Speaker 3: Okay, get yourself, get yourself squared away, get those headphones in. Paul, doing a great job. Good luck, Paul.
Speaker 1: But like I was out there a while, Alex It's funny how you said good luck to him after he put the headphones on.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't.
Speaker 3: You didn't want him to hear I meant good luck. He gets it. He read on that one. It's already got the headphones on, basically helping him. Thomas did send this in there by the way. I know you saw me.
Speaker 1: You were trying to read my lips beforehand. Okay, I say the word, you start timing boom, thumbs up. Okay, Paul's not on the radio. He didn't say thumbs up. He just gave me the thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Okay. Oh yeah, that's what you're normal people do.
Speaker 2: Ring the bell, you pantsy.
Speaker 18: All right, here we go, Tony Baloney, Phony baloney, Tony Tony.
Speaker 3: I was quick. That was pretty good. That was quick, dude. You said phony baloney and then you came out with Tony Baloney. We have a photo finish. Okay, give me.
Speaker 2: Kill.
Speaker 3: He's doing maths, doing math. Okay, who's buying me lunch today? Let's talk. Paul Ramsey.
Speaker 4: He said phony balooney and then he said Tony Baloney.
Speaker 3: What was his time?
Speaker 2: I got him at three point six?
Speaker 3: Three point six?
Speaker 1: Respect Alex Middleton, he did not say Tony Beloney first either.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what you said. I was doing it good. What was Alex's time?
Speaker 11: Got on my four point nine?
Speaker 5: Whoa nicee buddy, Paul whiz wifely done the games?
Speaker 3: Five too? Man? Do you don't believe in miracles?
Speaker 2: I believe in Rob Dow.
Speaker 3: Four seconds left, three seconds to.
Speaker 2: Paul Pook the West Side, Paul.
Speaker 3: Dude hot five. That's a good tickets.
Speaker 4: So yeah, oh yeah, by the way, you wont se what.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: You face like kind to be right, bro wow Outlaw.
Speaker 4: Music Festival tickets.
Speaker 1: It's Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Abit Brothers and more July sixth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 4: And come to think of it, And I'm gonna tell you where I made an error today, my first one of the second one of the year.
Speaker 3: I never even took a phone call, and maybe.
Speaker 4: That helped you.
Speaker 1: I never took a raindo call in case you lost. I was gonna go to the phones and give it to that person.
Speaker 3: We all, we all forgot to do it. I was wondering what chili was still here? We all, we all forgot to do it.
Speaker 1: We didn't need it because Paul one no Dune, great job, Thank you, What a stud winner, Best Side.
Speaker 6: Alternative and Home at The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five The.
Speaker 3: Buzz Rod Ryan Show, What a game? Read my lifts. There's Alex right there. He left for a while. I thought man took off nod you're here.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: H Listen.
Speaker 1: Timer sent chance of rain mostly cloudy, high eighty two. Will it be another record breaking day? Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday broken records as far as these warm temperatures we've been having, and it looks like it's going to be warmer for a couple more days. That cold front they said was coming through maybe someday that's been pushed off a couple of days.
Speaker 3: Now, all right here we got one final Tom Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Please? Good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: The Education Department offered buyout offers to employees yesterday. The department reportedly told staff members that if they accepted the offer from the administration to design that they're going to receive up to eight months of pay as a severance package, but that the severance package could be canceled at any time. Today is the deadline for employees to accept the deal and resign. More than forty thousand employees have taken the buyout so far, according to the White House.
Speaker 3: The CIA is also offered buyouts to its workforce.
Speaker 5: In one of the latest moves by the Trump administration to overhaul and scale back the federal government, the US Postal Service said in a notice yesterday that it is resumed accepting all inbound mail and packages from China and Hong Kong. The announcement came just hours after announcing that there would be a stoppage on all packages coming from the two countries, a sweeping move that could have disrupted shipments from e commerce sites like Timu and Sheen. The Postal Service and Customs and Borders Protection say that they will be working closely together to implement an efficient collection mechanism to ensure that tariffs don't disrupt further shipments.
Speaker 3: That's good for me and my other Timu go temugals. Yeah, I'm a TEAMU girl.
Speaker 1: I was told that earlier today. I'm just one of the Timu girls out there, one of the girls. I'm happy that my team stuff's going to come through now.
Speaker 5: A poll of three thousand Americans found that Buffalo Wings are the best Super Bowl food that completely debunks the stupid list we saw earlier. There was it was listing baked potatoes as the number one thing and like the dip.
Speaker 1: And one of the states was nonsense. One of the states was a soup on that Super Bowl list. This is a real list. It shows the dominance of chicken wings. And I don't mind it not being the number one Super Bowl food in every state, but it's just clearly the number one food in America.
Speaker 5: Thirty one states said that chicken wings are the number one Super Bowl food, followed by chips, which were the top choice in seven states, and then nachos, which had five states through the top one.
Speaker 3: Even though I think chips and notes are kind of the same thing. Agreed.
Speaker 1: Agreed, it's in the same category for me. It's just like hot wings or barbecue wings or you know, different flavors. Now, you mentioned that you were a big dip fan.
Speaker 4: What's your go to?
Speaker 3: What's the dip? I mean, there's the classic I'm trying at all. Yeah, that's my Buffalo chicken dip kind of rocks. It is pretty great. Like, you can't really mess up a dip. I mean you can, but I'm gonna try it. No matter what.
Speaker 1: If you see, if you go to a party and there's six different dips, I'm I'm scooping out of out of.
Speaker 3: Each one at some point. SAME's yeah, to try that, right. I want to be a good guest if I'm going to a party and they offer dips. Up.
Speaker 5: Texas was with the majority saying Buffalo wings were the top choice for us. Pizza came in fourth, cheese and arcuteriti boards came in fifth, and then why it was the only state to have a different one.
Speaker 3: They had loaded potato skins as they never went Super Bowl food.
Speaker 4: You know'd be a badass party.
Speaker 1: I don't even mind you skip you and I agree that wings and pizza are the biggest things. If it was just all SIPs, everyone brought a different dip and then different vessels, needing different types of ships to go in there, that's a good party.
Speaker 5: Those an episode of King and Queens where he got le room and he every quarter of the chips and the dips changed.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's like a rotating chip and dip game. That would have been cool. I love it. Jazelle Bunching is a mom. Again.
Speaker 5: We don't know much more than that, not that we need to. But there's no word on the actual birth date or the sex of the baby. We do know that it is her first child with her new boyfriend, Joachim Valente. The forty four year old already has two kids with her ex husband Tom Brady, who will be calling the super Bowl this upcoming Sunday. But congratulations to Giselle and Joakim. I wonder if there's a prop bet on whether or not he will reference her new kid.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to Gizl.
Speaker 1: Shout out to my ex and her dude that slipped one past the goalie, your karate teacher. I don't think he'll mention that I would put everything I own that he will not bring that up during the bacard I will take. I'll get a little action on it, just in cases of, hey, it's got to be huge.
Speaker 5: Moosey's song Tipsy has now spent more weeks number one on the Billboard Music Charts than any other song in history. Has now been number one for twenty seven weeks, beating out the weekends blinding lights for the honor.
Speaker 3: I know you gotta be stoked for this. Congratulations Rod and Shaboozie because I discovered him. Yeah, you did. I mean, he was just an up and comer. But those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: When I discovered him, he had only been number one for two weeks.
Speaker 3: So counts all right. Sports Rockets, they're gonna be back in action tonight.
Speaker 5: They're gonna take on the Timberwolves up in Minnesota, trying to put an end of their four game losing treat. Tipoff is at seven o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: In football, the NFL Honors ceremony is tonight.
Speaker 5: They're gonna name the league's MVP, Offensive Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Walter Payton, Man of the Year, Coach of the Year, Rookies of the Year, and more. They're also gonna reveal the Pro Football Hall of Fame class of twenty twenty five. That all starts at eight and you can watch it on Fox and NFL Network. That is what's going on in.
Speaker 13: Sports Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 3: Oh come on ninety four or five the Buzz Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: That's evn essence going under. We are in the fourth and final hour together. Tick tick tick, tick tick tick tick tick tick. This morning is flying by.
Speaker 3: Hey, Uh, why is Paul.
Speaker 1: Not getting a little bit more credit? Paul Ramsey Cinderella Story Italian Stallion. He doesn't look Italian at all, sounds Italian, but I mean he took down Alex Apollo. That's where the pea comes from. Apollo. Creed's a Middleton. It's a stretch.
Speaker 3: Paul won. Read my lips today. Ah, the guy brought us streets. Did you see that? He brought treats? Boy, I didn't realize he brought his donuts.
Speaker 5: It's like, right as he was leaving, I saw their donuts there and I was like, I don't know, maybe you got he brought breakfast.
Speaker 1: Free on stop yourself because he brought us delicious colatchies.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well I saw the Shipley's fox yep, And I mean, I'm not ever going to just assume that all that stuff for me.
Speaker 4: It's a wonderful thing that he did.
Speaker 3: It is a wonderful thing he did. I'm glad he won.
Speaker 1: Then, Paul Ramsey, your second listener winner, read my lips.
Speaker 3: It's one thing when you beat Chili, I mean, come on, no one thing. It's different. It's amazing. Whenever you beat anybody on the show, Chili, you didn't. You were so hesitant when I asked you who won.
Speaker 4: We went into overtime.
Speaker 1: Guys, if you you have to go listen to the podcast when it goes up of read my lips today Chili was checking like Santa Claus, checking his numbers twice, trying to find out who was naughty and who was nice. You didn't even trust yourself over there for a minute.
Speaker 11: I mean, hey, sometimes my vision plays games on me, you know.
Speaker 2: So I have to do with Chad.
Speaker 1: It was tense of a second, yeah, different seconds, and uh it was very close.
Speaker 17: I mean he won fair and squitter, and I'm like, whoa unbelievable right, I didn't even think if you don't look on the Rod Ryan Show stories, uh huh.
Speaker 11: Look at the little trash talk and he tried to do before.
Speaker 3: Did he do a little video before him?
Speaker 11: Go look at it, and you would be like, this dude, there's no chance this dude's gonna win.
Speaker 3: It was a really just a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a nice guy.
Speaker 3: I don't see him trash talking because he he comes.
Speaker 20: In and he's like, yeah, this is Paul and I'm here to play a fresh out of bed hits it and I was like, whoa, and He's like, I mean read my lipt So he didn't just gotta go look at it at the right running.
Speaker 2: Show Instagram stories.
Speaker 3: Haven't seen it yet, so I think he might have played us though.
Speaker 2: I think he was like a ringer.
Speaker 3: He was a seeker. Yeah, yeah, great job, Paul, and thank you for the treats. Yeah, get a chili, Yes I did, and I'm Paul, thank you, Paul. I want to make sure he got credit.
Speaker 2: Only not only did he come in here and beat us up.
Speaker 1: He Presidents of the United States of America back up number back on top by a commanding really margin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was there was a time, not too long ago on.
Speaker 4: This show that rage against the Machine was in the lead throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: You vote on the world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page at the buzz dot com Presidents of the United States of America fifty eight percent range against the machine, with the matter with you people testify at twenty nine percent social distortion, ball and Chain. I knew that wasn't going to get it, but still twelve percent of the vote. Uh, you got till nine thirty to cast your vote. Alex, it's you're taking this loss very well because I know this is Gravy release day.
Speaker 3: You put it out last night.
Speaker 1: But for most of our audience, they get to dig into and take a big ladle full of past the gravy, and you got a new podcast up to.
Speaker 3: Big all heap.
Speaker 5: In Laden full of Gravy, Ladel Episode six two came out. We got n a fight over whether or not Cheetos are chips. Micah's pat seems to think that they are not. I was trying to explain to him that they are on the chip aisle.
Speaker 3: This is when you give me a hard time about Jenga not being a board dame. It was Cheetahs are chips.
Speaker 5: So we had the podcast almost broke up during the podcast with this argument. We also came up with some new Girl Scout cookie ideas. We give you the best Super Bowl prop bets. Everybody's gonna tell you like the player prop bets. We came up with the outside of the box prop bets that are gonna get you paid if they hit. We power ranked muppets. We brought back the Robert Feline segment. Somebody called in an open funds Friday and was talking about that we brought it back by popular demand, and then I talked about Riot Week, which is what will happen if you Mane does not get into the Hall of Fame. So go check it out past to gave you episode six oh two. It's up on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page. Whoever else do you listen to podcasts?
Speaker 3: Very good? All right, Chilie does have it on links and guests. I see it right there.
Speaker 1: Number one blog page is Throwback Thursday. A lot of votes coming in right now.
Speaker 3: That's good. So that's on a blog page.
Speaker 1: And then I had a poll question enough this morning too, So we're always kind of busy on Thursdays. Alex was talking about this in Houston's headlines and most of our audience. I'm not surprised. I was just I was more concerned about the never number. Do you watch TV while eating dinner? Fifty eight percent? Always, occasionally, eleven percent never.
Speaker 4: It's a good number. There's nothing wrong with not watching TV.
Speaker 1: That is supposed to be the time that you catch up with your family and you sit around at the table. And mattress Mac used to do that commercial back back, back back, back, knocking on the hardwood furniture and he's like four fleet four feet on the floor.
Speaker 3: Your two legs. I don't know. However, he has get together with your family, is sit around and talking about la. He did all that. It was really good. It made sense.
Speaker 1: It's like, yea're supposed to sit around the table and eat and talk about your day. So eleven percent of our audience no TV while they're eating.
Speaker 3: Cash.
Speaker 1: Here's your first shot at one thousand dollars today, guys, go get it.
Speaker 13: Houston and the Rod Ryan Morning Show sim.
Speaker 3: The buzz.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome back everybody.
Speaker 1: It's looking like the presidents of the United States of America. The band is going to be what we listen to when it comes time for the no the sho reveal. There's a little bit of a push up rage against the machine, but the presidents are fool.
Speaker 3: Yeah they have They have over double the votes of rage against the machine.
Speaker 4: It would take a miracle, but miracles can happen.
Speaker 3: In the next nine minutes. A miracle happened today. I'm reading my lips. I don't know the skills. All right, Well, there's the guy online. It's Alex Online ninety four five the mud?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 3: What you got today? All right?
Speaker 5: This was sent to me by Kelly, and I don't know why she thought I would know these, but it's called the gymstone game. And you're gonna be looking at jimstones and seeing if you know what they are. I do not know what they are, like moonstones. I don't know what Beryl is. I don't know what Alexandri is.
Speaker 3: You should know what Alexandrid is. That's your name.
Speaker 1: No name is alex your real name though, like on your birth certificate is Alexandri.
Speaker 3: No, it's just Alex. No, your mom told me it's Alexandrit was initially what she was going to name me, but my father was against.
Speaker 1: You can hide all you want. That is truly your name. It is not Alexandra is not p Middletown.
Speaker 3: Topaz. I know what that is, and I'll color that is Topaz.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take a guest that's a bluish color show.
Speaker 3: I was wrong on the one that I thought was Topaz is Topez blue. I thought it was. It's not. It's not, is it? Now?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 15: Is it?
Speaker 3: Tope? Is that where we get tope from? That's where you get the ads who sent you this, Kelly did. Obviously we need that.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, go go learn about jim Stones and see if you can name them at the world Famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: Wow man, Yeah, I ignoramus throw back first four or five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, Sublime stick figure and feel like that.
Speaker 3: Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. I hope you're having a great start to your day. Another warm one on tap.
Speaker 1: There was supposed to be there's supposed to be some sort of a cold front that was going to be rolling through here and it was gonna start on Sunday.
Speaker 3: That's been pushed back.
Speaker 1: They're saying, just in time for the fellas and you to be out on the roadside neat for Mile of Meat.
Speaker 4: We could be back.
Speaker 1: It sounds crazy because we're having record setting warm temperatures.
Speaker 3: We're not out of it. There might be.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're gonna get any kind of snow or anything like that, but we could dip into some freezing temperatures still coming up in a week.
Speaker 2: Can't wait.
Speaker 1: Could be cold out there for the Mile of Meat, which we know we don't need you anymore. We got all our meat, guys, we go all our meat.
Speaker 3: I said there was a lot of tall guys in it.
Speaker 4: I don't mean it's all tall dudes.
Speaker 3: There's some short kings in there, mid sized kings.
Speaker 1: Tall kings, but it's all kings. I got twenty kings. This is I hope the ladies. I hope the single ladies are listening to this. We have him selected twenty kings to be on the road side. They're gonna be putting in the work out there on the roadside. As a matter of fact, Chiley start up notifying people yesterday. He started letting people know that you've been selected and twenty dudes, numbered one through twenty. I got to get the exact location. I don't know if we're moving it, but they're gonna be on West Timer. Twenty guys in numbered T shirts. Single gals drive by, check them out, say hey, I'm interested in King seventeen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're all kings.
Speaker 1: Number they'll be numbered, they'll be numbered, and Alex will be out there kind of keeping them all in line and in order. And they got signs up and you call us here at the radio station, make sure you got the number seven one three, two, one two five nine four five. You go check out the selection of the meat, the cutlets, the king cutlets that are out there on the roadside, and then you let me know, Hey, which one are you interested in? Which one would you like to maybe go on a date with. When's the date that night at Cactus Cove?
Speaker 3: Quick, a little turnaround.
Speaker 4: I have to stress everybody is invited to Cactus Cove.
Speaker 1: Whether you are already paired off, you've been married for twenty years, it doesn't matter. You're all invited to come to Cactus Cove. But everyone that we pair up, that's gonna be their first date. You get to be around for that party. That's a party because we play games and we have a really good time where you get people moving around. It's very interactive. It's it's a fun, fun night Cactus Cove. They know that it's on Friday night. It's gonna be huge. It's a great location. I even asked for like a big stage this year. I think it's gonna be big.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool. I think it's gonna be big. Stages are fun. Yeah, I already told Gunner.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, it's I think we're gonna be I think we're going to really bring some people in Valentine's Day on a Friday.
Speaker 3: It's been the first year I did or second one I did was off Friday. Crazy. It's gonna be busy.
Speaker 1: So we got our dudes. If you apply and you get some I don't know. Chili's right there, might as well ask him. You call guys, you send them emails.
Speaker 2: How does it work?
Speaker 4: What is your method of tracking down these kings?
Speaker 17: So I sent that massive emails yesterday. Yeah, and the ones that don't respond, I'll call back. But so far, everybody's been good about responding. So we're good on debt right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's great, so famous last words, we're good on that. We're good on that right now. Next week on Wednesday, I'll be freaking out. Chili's on the mic and he's like, you freaking idiot. You pick the worst guys ever, rotten. Nobody's getting back to me. So far, they're making you look good. Okay, because a lot of them responded. Even if there were some ones that can make it, they're still responding.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think I was on that.
Speaker 1: In one email, that guy I said, he's like, dude, I just couldn't get the time off of work, so I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: No, don't leave us hanging. Don't leave us hanging. There's no no shows for this.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing we know. Way all right, Chili, thank you, no, thank you? Sorry, well I got you, Okay, No rage on, thank you? No rage today what I wanted?
Speaker 3: Rage two.
Speaker 4: They were winning at one point. Here's how it shakes down.
Speaker 3: Chili's not happy.
Speaker 17: Well, those three bands are good. Yeah, I mean, I haven't heard President of the United States in a while.
Speaker 3: So don't blink. It's like a it's like a it's like a one stoplight town. Yeah, two minute song.
Speaker 4: It's quick.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Social distortion, Ball and Chain fifteen percent of the vote, Rage against the Machine, Testify twenty eight twenty nine percent of the vote.
Speaker 3: Presidents of the United.
Speaker 1: States of America lump number one with fifty five percent of the vote.
Speaker 3: Don't blink, mom, it's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell is? Here's your throwback Thursday winner. On ninety four five, the bus jump set alone and by.
Speaker 2: Emotionlessly sad for her my foot up.
Speaker 21: Being a love for jazz, she totally confused all the passing, honest.
Speaker 9: And she's not, she's she's in my head, but she's not.
Speaker 3: She's not, she's not. She might be him.
Speaker 16: Loveling, lasting lines and brains and the one she got the soda riding man in same small things. So sad thats good Lam. It's not fast a sleeper rocking out little band.
Speaker 3: She's not, she's not.
Speaker 1: She's in my head.
Speaker 3: She's not, she's not, she's not. She might be him.
Speaker 21: Now l Muslim and love lan Na shut up, Sam, I can't same time when between she's not fling the South sid space and she's not, she's not.
Speaker 3: She's in my heir, she's she's she's not, she might be said, and so it's the sun in my head.
Speaker 2: AND's this line my head.
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: Ryan Show, Experience Aventure Injured their Cosmic on the Mills four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Nickelback rock Star, rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. You heard the Presidents of the United States of America with lump before that and the whole time two minutes and eleven seconds something around that. I was rocking out the whole time. I'm like, I told her, this is a really good song. Yeah, the length is perfect. You know it's repetitive, so you don't want it. You don't want a three and a half minute version of Lump. It's two minutes eleven seconds. You need it gets in, it gets out. There's five strings in total between the bass and the guitar. The bass player only plays with two strings, and it.
Speaker 3: Makes that beautiful song. Yes. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I've never talked about on this show, and I've talked about not talking about it is the ratings. I've never really gotten into it. The show it's great, the rate. The show is great because of you guys. The ratings are great.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Number one's across the board, the whole thing. I mean, number one, Thank you guys. I never talk about it because if the numbers aren't there, I don't talk about that either.
Speaker 4: I don't complain about it.
Speaker 3: It's just okay, things are going great, and I just I want to thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Also, I think it's when when I hear morning shows talk about it, it's such a self serving thing that it's like I've heard morning shows talk about the ratings or radio people talk about the ratings.
Speaker 3: It's got to be boring for listeners to hear that always am just worried a little jink city.
Speaker 4: And maybe that too.
Speaker 1: So again, it's just something that I decided, like, I don't think you guys it's boring. Thank you guys for listening. We are the number one show in the city, and it means the world to me that you guys tune in when you do.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What is interesting to me is it when they release the podcast numbers. I don't know because is it because they're celebrities that are on the list. The cute the Q four podcast numbers are in and this is all public information. It's like the Edison podcast metrics, the top fifty podcasts in the USA, and number one is the Joe Rogan Experience. What they do, stop shy of is telling me how many people tune in every week. We all know that he's got twelve million subscribers on this platform and sixteen million people follow him on YouTube. I don't know how many people tune in every week. I don't know that they release that.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think they do podcast numbers the way they do radio numbers. No, I don't think said, but Joe Rogan is number one. Do you know the number two podcast you have. Do you have any knowledge on these, like these ones that are up there that high?
Speaker 3: I feel like, no, what is it? There's like true Crime, Crime Junkie, Crime Junkies number two.
Speaker 4: Crime Junkie is number two, The Daily at number three.
Speaker 3: Like a news one.
Speaker 1: I think the New York Times owns that. Okay, call her Daddy is number four. That's started at barstool Sports. Right, yeah, wow, number four podcasts. It's Alex Cooper.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: I don't have how many people tune in each week, but these are the biggest podcasts the fourth quarter of twenty twenty four Theovon and at number five.
Speaker 3: Top five podcast in It's good. I guess this is in the world because the podcast is a worldwide thing. Anyway, this is in the world.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: This past weekend with theo Von Now I see clips of him. I've never watched or listened to a Theovon podcast. I've seen the clips. Nothing like a dog pet the dog and the dog just stays right lid or nothing like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love the clips, like he seems like a really close.
Speaker 1: I consume I'll say a clip of it. Yeah, that, But I don't really ever listen to a Theovon podcast.
Speaker 3: Never like made it through a whole one that Okay, I was looking for the Hawk toua girl, Hey.
Speaker 1: Dude, Number eleven still still I think where she went down these numbers are the whole last quarter where she tanked was after.
Speaker 3: That crypto thing. Oh yeah, so that.
Speaker 1: That was a mistake on her part. You will not see her in the top twenty when these numbers come out for the first quarter of twenty one.
Speaker 3: In months.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Some other names that.
Speaker 1: Club Shay Shay. I know that Shannon Sharp. I watched his podcast a couple of times.
Speaker 3: A few things. Watched the Williams The Cat williamsones what got me in?
Speaker 1: You're right, he's got an iHeart Podcast Award that's right over his shoulder when he's talking.
Speaker 3: So the other one that I thought was really high and then none that you like these guys and I do too. Oh.
Speaker 4: Top ten, number seven Smart Lit.
Speaker 3: Yeah that is huge.
Speaker 1: Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, and Will Arnette. It's the number seven podcast. Pretty Good, Bad Friends twenty two. It's Bobby Lee and Andrew Santino. I see clips of that floating around.
Speaker 5: They're really funny. Bobby Lee is like an acquired taste. I feel like people either hate Bobby Lee or like you're all.
Speaker 6: In on him.
Speaker 3: Conan O'Brien, I have never gotten I like Conan. I've listened to him a couple of times. It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I've never gotten the appeal of Conan O'Brien. It just it doesn't resonate with me. I like that he takes chances. I like that he does the things that are irreverent.
Speaker 3: I like I should like it.
Speaker 5: Ye always maybe feel like he was the big goofy weird too. Yes, I identify.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 3: I can't. I never got into Conan. I never did.
Speaker 4: I was never Team Coco. He's twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Two Bears one K, Tom Sigura, and Bert Kreischer are thirty four. Some of the stuff I just don't. Pat McAfee yeah, forty three. That Dak Shepherd podcast from Scare Quarterback Armchair Expert with Dak Shepherd forty four. So those are some of the biggest podcasts out there. And as far as a radio show, I saw our Breakfast.
Speaker 3: Club, who is an iHeart entity?
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: They're out of New York and they're on our sister station down the hall. They're in there. Shout out Charlotte Mane dot God the God got huge podcast audience, So congratulations to them. Where were we on that? I didn't I didn't see past the gravy. I didn't see the rod Ryan Show. I assume we'd be like, right, blow diovon R. No, we see us on there? Okay, I forgot.
Speaker 4: Maybe that wasn't interesting to you.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: For some reason that is interesting to me.
Speaker 1: You see like where these are because these are names that I hear about, and I'm like, well, Who's who's this?
Speaker 3: Theo Vonne guy. He's a top five podcaster, That's who he is.
Speaker 2: People love that guy.
Speaker 3: These guys are just an idiot people. People will listen to him. Man doesn't like when that dog you're scratching that dog and that dog just stop riding for running Heather.
Speaker 2: Dragon, I'm like, yeah, go have a beer with that guy.
Speaker 3: Coming up.
Speaker 4: Moster jam tickets. I got a four pack for you.
Speaker 13: Houston Rock, Houston's alternative and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Getting ready to wrap up a throwback Thursday, Man said they.
Speaker 3: Won't buy fast man.
Speaker 2: La La la la la la la la la.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh know the show. I've got Monster Jam tickets.
Speaker 1: I got a four pack with pit passes ticketmaster dot com if you want to buy them. The last show for a while, it's this Saturday. Come to buy and see your favorite radio boys. Yeah you know, I know you want to go meet the Great Digger Driver, But I mean stop the carve out a little time for us. It makes us feel special, you know, I get it. You want to see the zombie truck.
Speaker 3: I get it. Come Bathroom Crusher. The truck is cool. That is really cool. The truck is very cool. All right? For a four pack of tickets to Monster Jam?
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: Today in the seven o'clock hour, we were talking about this, what do you one hundred percent of the fellas on The Rod Ryan Show own good one.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five if you know the show.
Speaker 2: Up before the team is ready to take the fe Ron Ryan.
Speaker 4: Show on ninety four to five for the bus.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five the bus whip without the bus swallowed. It's gonna wrap up our throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Where is it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be on to put a little something in there. Let me hang on a second. I'm gonna put a little something in there before we get out of here. Oh yeah, worry about it.
Speaker 2: I want to know. Worry about they know?
Speaker 1: Let just do know.
Speaker 3: The show's now time four. I know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 6: L La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 3: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone, Nora? Hello, Norah? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Thanks for coming on with us today. Good luck to you on this know the show question, Alex?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: This is Nora? Hello Norah?
Speaker 19: What do you?
Speaker 5: One of us fellows on the rod Ryan Show own that we talked about this morning.
Speaker 15: You guys own suits?
Speaker 3: Who do Jaffer? Gentlemen? I put in a little zzy top. I thought that would be nice to go out with. You are the winner. We all have suits.
Speaker 4: Noora, you are correct.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you a four pack Monster Jam tickets with tickets in the pit to come over and say hello to us. All right, that's awesome, thank.
Speaker 3: You, It is awesome. Were from Nora.
Speaker 17: I'm from here from Stoppy Susan.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 1: All right, Well listen, we'll see you come on down and say hi to us in the pit party.
Speaker 3: Okay, I sure will. All right, thank you for being on the show. See if you get this right. You know what game we haven't played in a while.
Speaker 4: After listening to Nora.
Speaker 3: No, The Gender Bender? She could have fooled me. Sounded like a guy by putting it, putting on a voice. I believe it was.
Speaker 2: I believe it was.
Speaker 3: She might have fooled me.
Speaker 4: All Right, I'm gonna write.
Speaker 3: That down next week. We got to play The Gender Bender?
Speaker 1: Fine, can we still play that game? Sure we can, Sure we can. Yeah, three sharp dressed men. Not now we look like it looked like homeless people.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: But we all own suits. I think the number was two thirds of all dudes out there own a suit.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 1: Josh beat Ryan this morning, fresh out of bed, head to your head, What a game?
Speaker 2: What a game this morning?
Speaker 3: That was awesome.
Speaker 1: Paul, Paul Ramsey beat Alex. It says here, Yeah, that did that happen?
Speaker 3: It did happen? A listener off the streets beat you. Yeah, I believe it was nothing. Read my lips.
Speaker 4: Wow, do you believe in miracles?
Speaker 3: It happened? Thanks Paul for coming in.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the treats. Thank you for everyone that submitted words. Thank you for voting on Throwback Thursday. If you checked out links and guests. Most important, if you listen to this show, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: If you missed.
Speaker 1: Anything, Hey, I'd like to be on that podcast list with THEO Vaughn. Come on, guys, I'd like to see us on there.
Speaker 4: I'd like to see Past the Gravy on that list.
Speaker 3: I will love you know.
Speaker 1: Alex has a new Past the Gravy podcast up. You can get to it from links and guests, but wherever you get your podcasts, same thing with this show. If you missed anything, you can go back and podcast it.
Speaker 2: Coming up.
Speaker 3: Jeremy, he's about.
Speaker 1: Nine minutes away from giving you a shot at that another thousand dollars. He's got the NonStop nooner and pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: That's it. Tomorrow is Premier Friday. Thank you, specs open phones.
Speaker 1: The last hour of the day, we'll give away our last pair of Outlaw Music Festival tickets before they go on sale tomorrow at ten. That's it, guys, get out and enjoy this beautiful weather man. We might set another record today. Get out and enjoy these days. Man, it's beautiful outside.
Speaker 3: Hey m af well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, all the good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 6: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.