Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 2: Tim Chase, Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. I hope you're well on this Friday night. You're Los Angeles Dodgers ninety one and sixty two on this season. They are playoff bound after clinching of playoffs spot yesterday in Miami. They are still fighting for the NL West Divisional title. Dodgers back home after a four and three road trip that saw them take two to three from Miami, split a four game set with the Atlanta Braves, and now they're back home for the final home stand of the regular season. First up, three game series against the Colorado Rockies. Dodgers going with an opener to start this series in Ryan Brazier. First pitch coming up at seven ten coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: We have a lot to get to. It's gonna be a.
Speaker 2: Fun show, as we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. Dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David vet say, it's gonna go one on one with Dodgers Minor League player of the year, Dalton Rushing. Yes, you're gonna hear one of the Dodgers' top prospects coming up. In about forty five minutes, we got your Dodgers magical moment. You're also gonna hear from Kirsten Watson. She will check in from Sports Net LA, and in just a few minutes we'll hear from Tim Neverett and Rick Monday out at the Galpamotors Broadcast booth.
Speaker 3: Well yesterday in Miami.
Speaker 2: It was a historic day for show Hey Otani and the Dodgers as they beat up on the Marlins twenty to four. Jack Flaherty would go six solid innings, allowed just three runs on five hits while striking out five. He pitched really well for the Dodgers, something that got overlooked in the historic outing from Otani yesterday. Dodgers got started in the first with the sack fly Otani and RBI single. In the second, they took a two to nothing lead, and the third the Dodgers busted at it open. Showy Otani a two run double put the exclamation point on that inning as they took a seven to one lead.
Speaker 3: Fast forward to the.
Speaker 2: Top half of the sixth inning, Dodgers up seven to three when show he Otani went deep.
Speaker 4: Here's the old one pitch coming to show hit swings hits a.
Speaker 5: Draft deep right field number forty nine for Otani and a protect shot. It's a two run homer. The Dodgers lead at nine to three. Show Haltani is now tied for the all time Dodgers single season home run record with forty nine and he has won away from the first ever fifty to fifty season. Oh what a blest by show hay Otani. He is a one man show.
Speaker 2: That is a top tier playing the game spotsor by RCO quality top tier gas for lass home run number forty nine, he had already picked up stolen base number fifty and fifty one. So show hey Otani creeping in on fifty to fifty one home run away.
Speaker 3: Dodgers up ninety three.
Speaker 2: To start the seventh inning, Andy Paez a two run double, Dodgers up eleven to three. Gavin Locke scored on a wild pitch to give the Dodgers a twelve to three lead. The Dodgers would get around the order and flip it back to the top in the top half of the seventh inning. Already up twelve to three. Runner on for show, Hey Otani?
Speaker 3: Could he do it? Would he do it?
Speaker 2: Could he get to fifty home runs in fifty stolen bases. It's the breath of fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 4: One ball, two strikes, runner at third, two outs and the pitch coming to show Hey old Towny. Hey swings hits a.
Speaker 3: Tract to left.
Speaker 5: This ball's back there last fifty the.
Speaker 3: First player in the.
Speaker 5: History of Major League Baseball to have a fifty to fifty season. He is incredible. Show hey old Towney with an opposite field home run fifty.
Speaker 6: He did it?
Speaker 3: Show Hey Otani?
Speaker 2: Fifty home runs, fifty stolen bases with that two run shot in the seventh inning. And that's the breath of fresh air moment of the game. Presented by a Tar Mechanical Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services here in southern California. A Tar Mechanical is your trusted partner, Omar Brittany. They're great people, the founders. Their service is more than just a solution to breadth of fresh air. From the moment you call to the completion of your project, a TAR Mechanical delivers friendly honest service at a fair price. Nothing fair about shoe Aotani hitting number number fifty there this seventh inning. He'd come back up in the ninth inning and hit another home run, his fifty first of the season. Six verst six goes O Tani, three home runs, two doubles, two stolen bases, the first ever fifty to fifty player in Major League Baseball. Dodgers get to win twenty to four, now ninety one and sixty two, and they're back home to start a series against the Rockies. First pitch of seven ten and with more. We head out to the Galpa Motors broadcast booth. We say hello to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Tim. Beautiful evening at Dodgers Stadium for a ballgame as the Colorado Rockies are in tonight for game one of a three game weekend set. The Dodgers coming off one of the most exciting games they've had in recent memory, and certainly the most exciting game that any one player has played yesterday in Miami with Sho Halo, Tony's overall performance and Mo. You know, we've been talking about this since it happened. After the game before the game. Today, there is still a big buzz all around the country among the baseball loving fans about what Sho Hao Towny did yesterday.
Speaker 7: Well last night, for example, after we arrived here, you and I both driving downtown, we're still talking about it. I mean, I don't think it's really sunk in yet on exactly what we saw in the historic proportions, but I agree wholeheartedly. Is it from an individual's statement that Otani made in that game, it was more than just records individual records. I mean, this was baseball history that we saw. In the manner in which he did, it would just absolutely off the charts. I mean, how do you explained. I mean, here's a guy that's going for records, stolen bases and home runs. He accomplishes both of those in the very same game. It goes six for six, three home runs, knocked in, ten hit, two doubles, had a single on top of it, and goosebumps were issued to everybody who was into ballpark. There were seventeen thousand that were present in Miami. I would imagine there's probably one hundred thousand that will claim they were there because that's how much emotion was into ballpark.
Speaker 4: It were fifteen thousand, it sounded like forty thousand. It was that loud.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it was absolutely but the manner in which it was done, And kudos also to Skiped Schumacher, the manager of the Miami Marlins. When Otani came up and the record was really on the line, first base was open, and he was asked by his coaches, what do you think about walking him? And he says, no, I respect that man, meaning O'tani way too much to do this, and also he respects the game of baseball. What's going to happen is going to happen. But he did not manipulate the game and take away an opportunity for the fans that paid good, hard money to see that ballgame, for the people that tuned in to listen to people that were watching on television, and basically the entire sports world, because what we saw last night was way off the charts as far as accomplishments.
Speaker 4: So he's at fifty one fifty one right now, fifty one homers, fifty one stolen basis, fifty five fifty five could be in reach, but it's like anything else when somebody accomplishes such a great feat everybody wants to see how high that ceiling can go.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Now the question is going to be, do you turn the page and say, hey, look, this is game number one fifty four, the record has been broken. Okay, fine, if you have an opportunity. How does Otoni feel physically? I mean, this has got to be draining upon him. You wouldn't know it by the outside looking in. But how much of relief was it for show hey Otani to finally get that out of the way. And now there's just a number of games that are left. Nine games left in the regulars season. The Dodgers still, even though they've clinched postseason play, they've not nailed down the Western Division of the National League. What about the emotion that runs through one player. He's got to support staff and boy does he ever for the entire team, but he just wonders where is he from an emotional standpoint and physical because it had to be draining upon him.
Speaker 4: Dodgers are ninety one and sixty two. Their magic number is six to clinch the National League Western Division. They're tied with Philadelphia for the best record in the National League, but they need to pass them to get the number one seed because Philadelphia owns the tiebreaker. The Rockies, meantime, still floundering in the West in last place fifty nine and ninety four. Kyle Freeland will pitch for them, the local boy from Denver. He is a left hander and he will go against a host of pitchers for the Dodgers, started out by Ryan Brazier in a bullpen game here tonight. So it's the Dodgers and the Rockies game one of three.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you guys, has been cut down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on it Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order your pizzas chicken mojos right now from Shaky's dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll here from the manager, Dave Robberts. David Bessey will check in up next, so we'll visit with Kirson Watson and we'll get your otani rewind. It leads up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Friday night. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Rockies. Ryan Brasier is the opener for the Dodgers. Kyle Freeland, we'll go for Colorado. First pitch from Dodger Stadium's coming up.
Speaker 3: I'm seventeen.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 3: Rewind.
Speaker 4: Here's the pitch, sway in the drive deep rightfield. He has done it.
Speaker 5: It's the first time Otani in his career has had a three home run game.
Speaker 8: Can you believe this?
Speaker 5: Ten runs batted in for Otani.
Speaker 8: That's also a.
Speaker 5: Career high fifty one home runs for show. Hey, Otani, this is the show that never ends.
Speaker 2: A record breaking day Yesterday for Show, Heyo Tani six for six, three home runs, two doubles, two stolen bases, ten ribies. He becomes the first player ever in the history of the game to have fifty to fifty, fifty home runs, fifty stolen bases, and right now he's sitting on fifty one and fifty one with nine games to play, including tonight. The Otani Rewind brought to my Eto ins Oyocha, Japan's number one green team, the tea that Shoeotani loves and drinks. If you'll be a local DISO stores Amazon at etoin dot com. That's it O e N dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kerson now joins us as the Dodgers are back home after that seven.
Speaker 3: Game road trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something pretty special happened yesterday and Miami. Kirston, you're right down there on the field talking to show Hey as he came off the field after the Dodgers had that victory formation there in Miami.
Speaker 3: What a night just to be there. You're sitting in the dugout. What a surreal experience. It really was.
Speaker 9: I think just how the whole game was being played out. It was one of those like, of course this would happen in Miami where Bolt. I mean, Dad's six at bats first and foremost that's insane. But literally three innings go by, he's now had three at bats.
Speaker 1: With that, we're like, this.
Speaker 9: Point might hit for the cycle today, Like this is kind of crazy. So you're kind of thinking that, and then you're just thinking like, Okay, now we got the stolen base. Now we're at fifty. Oh wait, that's another home run. That's forty nine. Oh my goodness. It could happen today, Like what I think, how we went into yesterday, just the mindset was Okay, it's getaway day, and then all of a sudden, it's like, oh my goodness, it's happening. It's happening right now. He's about to have fifteen fifty and like, this is remarkable. And I think as soon as it happened, you just kind of stood there and you were just in awe of everything, right, Like I genuinely felt speechless at the moment, Like I just couldn't. It was a no brainer of a swing, Like it's just you know, everything he does, it feels like you are witnessing history. But that in itself yesterday I have. I mean, everyone who's been around this game for a long time has been saying that's the best game they've ever seen, And just for me in my limited time in this league, it's just like wow, like really and truly, like, oh, we're gonna have this for what ten more years or nine more years, and we're gonna be seeing this like and then he's gonna start pitching for this team.
Speaker 3: It's just it's.
Speaker 9: Insane, to be honest, him and it was incredible to witness, and I truly will never forget the stat line, the moment, all of it.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dogs got to get back on a horse and play another game tonight as they start this host set against the Rockies, and they're going with it opener, but they brought up some reinforcements.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so Ben Casparius is with the team now, he's been activated, and he's a guy who we've saw him make his major league debut. He can give some length for the group. But Dave Roberts said that they approached for this one and really moving forward until they clinch the division. Everything is a must win game. It's a must win situation. Obviously San Diego was right on their tails. They have an easy series. You know, you never know with just how baseball is, any team can win at any given day. But they're playing the White Sox this weekend, so you know they've bought the White Sox. We've got the Rockies. There are two teams that have had tougher years and so you never know what's going to happen. And Dave robber was just saying that for this one, he's got to manage it to win. So if it's a situation in which you know they are a bunch of runs up and you can bring someone in and give them some length out of the bullpen. They will do just that. But there is an opportunity or there is a chance that this could be a traditional bullpen game from just some of the high leverage arms and kind of putting pieces together for matchups.
Speaker 2: Well, it should be a fun night, hopefully a standing ovation for show. Hey, when he gets that first step back here soon, we appreciate it.
Speaker 3: We will check you with you after the game.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans and hands are listening experience to Dodger games by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening NHD. It's all powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelino's lacare dot org. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll preview this pitching matchup. David Vat saying goes one on one with Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 3: Who's at the stadium tonight.
Speaker 2: I'm next, oh an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, Dodgers Rockies on this Friday night. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Brongo Casino Dodgers on Decade ten us as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies Marongo Casino Resort.
Speaker 3: It's by Grand Slam A four good times. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Austin Barnes on the IL with the fracture toe, Tyler Glasnow on the sixty day IL with the right elbow. Ten to night as Clayton Kershaw trying to work his way back off the IL in time for the postseason. Kevin Stone on the IL with the elbow flin information, and Tommy Bonda working his way back from the hairline fraction his left hand. Good news is he's progressing and could come off the IL when he's first available to do so.
Speaker 3: All right, let's head back out to Dodgers datum check with the Dodgers getburn.
Speaker 8: An, Dave, do you think the questions for Dave?
Speaker 10: Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 8: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: I see traditional bullpen game. Obviously Braze is starting, and then we'll run some other guys out there, and then we'll see where the game's at. We've got Ben Casparius here, so if we need to get you know, three to four innings, we can do that at any point in time. But yeah, we'll kind of see where the game's at, call it the fifth inning.
Speaker 9: Going back to yesterday, can you just tell us in your own words what you saw on ship show?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 9: And kind of two part question, is that the single best game that I've seen in your baseball career?
Speaker 10: It is the single best game I've seen in my baseball career. I was actually playing with Sean when Sean Green went six for six, hit four homers, which is pretty spectacular. But I think, on the cusp of what show he accomplished yesterday, the single most impressive thing I've ever seen. Yeah, you know, it's something that you just kind of hope in anticipation that it's going to happen, and he just like blew right by it. And so I'm sure that there's a lot of fans here tonight that were disappointed, but you know in baseball in general, man, it was such a treat and show. Hey, you know, looking at how he looked into the dugout and his teammates and I think knowing him though, he's probably looking at sixty sixty, you know, you just never know with him.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll see if you can get to that.
Speaker 2: He's at fifty one fifty one as we speak going into tonight. That Dave Roberts down the dug Out report brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a tit in his own right. He's got a plan before his team. It's the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let's Service Tit help you implement it. Learn more at service Titan dot com. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. Go check out with Devid Vaz get you all the latest from leading up to first pitch from the stadium Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Networking.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tack on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Friday nights Rime Brazier the opener first pitch, coming up at seven to ten. The mpiring crew for tonight's game brought to by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable, an affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on tack, I.
Speaker 8: Accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside there, David base right DV.
Speaker 2: What a night yesterday in Miami. You were right there afterwards. You had show hey right here on our air after the game. Just one a night during and after the game.
Speaker 8: It really was.
Speaker 11: And all the players after the game, Tim were in awe. That's told me after the game yesterday that when he was on deck and Otani hit his fiftieth home run of the year and then proceeded to do everything else yesterday, he was as much of a fan as we all were. And you mentioned we had a chance to speak to Otani moments after the final out. Here was Otani yesterday in Miami. Show hey, what was your emotions when this crowd in Miami gave you a curtain call after your fiftieth home run?
Speaker 1: Almost entice.
Speaker 6: He come out.
Speaker 11: To you.
Speaker 3: Alight with this, you know, as a play.
Speaker 11: I'm just very grateful and thankful that the fans have received me in this kind of fashion. And it's really about having quality at bats and winning games.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that we were able to do that today.
Speaker 11: Show, Hey, have you ever had a game like you had today? Going back to high school little league in Japan.
Speaker 3: When Gene said.
Speaker 11: Kick on the push down, you know, Hajimi did his stops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's first time ever.
Speaker 11: I don't I don't recall ever hitting him more than today.
Speaker 8: Thank you for stopping.
Speaker 11: And congratulations on the postseason.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 11: There he goes show, Hey Otani. Yesterday, Tim kaits and that was Otani's third multi homer game this season. He also did it on Sinkle Demayo and on June sixteenth. And if you're wondering which month he had the most home runs and stolen bases, they were both in August, when Otani hit twelve homers and he stole fifteen bases. And and certainly everybody is still buzzing here at Dodgers Stadium. Earlier this evening, about an hour ago, they showed on the Dodger Vision scoreboard every one.
Speaker 8: Of his home runs this season.
Speaker 11: Wow, and every one of his stolen bases this season.
Speaker 8: So it's Otani twenty four to seven here.
Speaker 3: David's driven by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like, his choice is fine yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid, all electric tough this morn you'll only be called f one fifty Dave, Real quick, what's a plan tonight? Ryan Brazier gets to start. Are we going to see Ben Caspirius?
Speaker 8: You are going to see Ben Caspirius.
Speaker 11: Brazier will open and then from there Ben Conspirius will pitch. And also, the Dodgers are not taking the Rockies lightly. Kyle Friedland has been on a hot streak lately and they're very aware that they got to come out and win because this division is far from over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt about that. Great stuff, David. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Hey, Dodger fans, have you signed up to win Dave Roberts autograph Jersey yet? Sign up for your has to win at visit waterfola dot com right now after taking a brief survey sharing what you've learned on what SmartWater use is. Again, that's Waterfola dot Com. Take the survey. You got a chance to win an autocraft. Dave Roberts, Jersey. How cool is that? Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna check in with Rick Monday. We're gonna hear from Dalton Rushing. But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't go anywhere. Dodgers Rockies first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marono Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Brongo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pinch, Dodgers and Rocky's final homestead of the regular season. Ryan Brazier will be the opener. Kyle Freeland, We'll go for Colorado first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 8: D Who's that God?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Ditch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to June eighteenth of this season, Dodgers in Denver taking on the Rockies. They were down nine to four in the ninth inning when they capped off an improbably will come back. Te Oscar Hernandez was down to his last strike, bailed out by the first base umpire Lance Barksdale on a check swing.
Speaker 3: The next pitch, you went deep.
Speaker 4: Ball game in the balance. Right here too, two swing on hitting.
Speaker 5: The air to right center fielding deep, this ball heading back.
Speaker 8: This ball's gone, It's gone. It's gone. A three run home run.
Speaker 5: Ty Oscar hod On this and the Dodgers have come all the way back to take the lead. Oh my goodness, absolutely incredible. It's eleven to nine as the Dodgers down to their last strike, strike big time as Tayosker hits his eighteenth home run of the.
Speaker 2: Year, tay Oskar Hernandez to go ahead, three run home run part of a seven run ninth inning. Is the Dodgers come back and win it eleven to nine. This Haffey magical moment brought to you i Hofey hot Dogs, a so Cal.
Speaker 3: Treasurer for over one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase crave delicious Haffy hot Dogs. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check back. You'll rick Monday. As we're leading up to first pitch, Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Loronzo Casino, Dodgers on, Todgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 2: On this Friday nights, Kyle Freeland, the left hander, will go for Colorado. Ryan Brazier. We'll get the start for the Dodgers as the opener. First bitch coming up at seven ten. Dodges Baseball is brought to you by Zen She handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on side, pick up delicious sushi before the game and Raums and other local supermarkets.
Speaker 3: You're the deli counter and.
Speaker 1: Now joined by David Basse. Here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Rick I got a big response from the tweet I passed along last night when I asked you on the bus whether or not Otani's game yesterday was the single best regular season performance you had seen. Your words, your opinion speak louder than most because you've seen a lot since nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 7: Well, I've seen a couple of games played in over two thousand including postseason play and then the broadcast five thousand games somewhere right in that area. I started to think about it also, David, a little bit later on. There are moments in history of the game where you go where people start to remember where they were maybe at that time, well, there was seventeen thousand plus on hand in Miami. They will know where they were when Otani broke the record, whether they were a Marlins fan or a Dodger fan. A lot of Dodger fans were there. But then you start to think, okay, well, what about other significant battles. I think of Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire when they were in the home run battle and doing different things. Coming down to it, records individual records. But when you start to think about what sho Hey Otani accomplished in one game yesterday, not only breaking the record for the home runs but also with the stolen maces, and then he did it in such fine fashion. He goes six and six, three home runs, ten RBIs. He had one lousy single, two doubles and then the three home runs. What he did was absolutely absoluting. I think if you look at the emotion of that stadium, it was a buzz from the first time he came to home plate. Then he hits the first home run, then he hits the second home run, and then he hits the third home run. I mean, everybody is going nuts, including the Dodger Duncan. Now, these guys see Otani on a daily basis. They understand what he can do, They know his personality better than any of us, and they were going bonkers. I mean, that was just a special, special game. The irony of it is Otani goes the fifty to fifty yesterday.
Speaker 8: You know what, This is the anniversary of David Besse, I do not.
Speaker 7: This is the day that Willie Mays became just the seventh player to hit fifty home runs in a season nineteen fifty five. So we're looking at a new record and we're still brushing up on another record and people that accomplished just amazing things. But I thought last night was truly one of the No, I'll take it back. It was the most scintillating game that I have watched in Major League Baseball, in a regular season game.
Speaker 11: That speaks volumes, Rick, because you've seen more baseball, experience, more baseball than anybody here at Dodger Stadium. I also took away what you said. Not only did you mention what you just expressed, but also you praised Skip Schumacher's are allowing the moment to.
Speaker 7: Happen absolutely or give it an opportunity. And I think we all read what Skip Schumacher said. And he was asked by his coaching staff, do you want to walk O Tani? And he said no. He said, I respect show Hey O Tani. There's an underlying thing there too. He also respects the game of baseball. This wasn't this wasn't you know, comic book stuff. This was real stuff. Show hey O Tony. Regardless who's on the mound, still has to hit the ball. And the fact that Skip Schumacher knew a couple of different things. Okay, you have a guy going for a record, no question about that. You have seventeen thousand plus on hand that have paid very good money to come in watch a major League baseball game that has a certain flare to it to begin with. First of all, it's major League baseball. This game is played by the best in the world. Secondly, you've got a record that could be broken in one game, and you've got the Dodgers in town too, So there's a lot of different things that were happening, a lot of different pieces of the puzzle, and I think that Dave Roberts put it very well. Roberts contacted Skip Schumacher also and said, hey, look, there's no thanks in this, but thank you for respecting the game of baseball. And that's exactly what Skip Schumacher did. I think was the right move because if he walks him intentionally, the people that pay good money to see that ballgame, the people that were listening, the people that were watching, and then the people are going to just kind of at leisure keep track of what was going on. I think there would have been a huge disappointment in second guessing.
Speaker 11: And there's a lot of buzz at Dodgers Stadium tonight, Rick, as we are getting closer.
Speaker 7: Did you notice that driving in today?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, the whole city of Los Angeles s and it should be fun to see the Dodgers and their fans.
Speaker 8: Saluto Tani.
Speaker 7: I can't wait for him to come to home plate to It's going to be a special moment. By the way, I'm predicting right now, this is called the going way out on the limb that you do and I do, and Tim does on top of it. It's a big branch. It's a big limb. But I don't think the pitch clock will be fully activated when show Hey o'tany comes to bat, not only the first inning, it may be every inning that comes on to bat.
Speaker 11: I'll get close to the plug and unplug it just to make sure. Thanks, Rick, and I always love to hear that kind of context from a man that played a lot of games and broadcasts even more.
Speaker 8: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, great perspective there from Rick Munday. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: David, Dodger fans, start your future in California. Community college financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and yeah, sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 3: It's time to take the next big step.
Speaker 2: Classes can fill quickly, So on roll today and I can go to college dot Com. Still to come here on Dodgers on DENK. We'll get you a preview of this bitching match up. Tim and Rick love those keys to the game. Right before first bitch. But I'm next. We go high and tight. But Dalton rushing, Yes, Dodgers minor league prospect had a great season in the miners and Minor League Player of the Year. We'll hear from him next. Dodgers Rockies first pitch to seven ten. I'm Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt's game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies start up a three game set started the final homestead of the regular season for the Dodgers. Kyle Freeland will go for Colorado. Ryan Brasier will be the opener for the Dodgers. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball's presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, but a Children's Hospital LA ranked number one in California for pediatric care, find the right doctor at CHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player. It's an engagement of endearment bits it is high and tight.
Speaker 11: Today named the Minor League Player of the Year, the one and only legend Dalton Rushing. Thanks a lot for the time. Great to see you here at Dodgers Stadium. I want a uniform for Dalton rushing here very soon.
Speaker 6: Though, sounds good. I'm all on board for that.
Speaker 11: Good to be here, David, Yeah, man, I always talk to you a camel back branch. But for you to be here at Dodgers Stadium, to be celebrated and recognized for the hard work, what does that mean to you?
Speaker 6: It means a lot. Every player going into a season, a full season especially, has goals for themselves, and to say this wasn't one of them, I'd be lying. This is something. It's a big honor, especially in an organization like this. The talent that we carry top to bottom, it's pretty special and I'm excited.
Speaker 11: I think that's the biggest thing, right, You're not just in another organization.
Speaker 8: You beat out some really good players.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, there's tons of great years throughout this as players, tons of great guys that had like crazy years this year in the organization, and obviously they get all the respect they're going to have her need through the Dodgers, And just to get this award, like I said, it means the world.
Speaker 11: I know we're always waiting for that call to the big leagues, but can you describe just being rewarded for the work at double A and getting the call to Triple A.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Absolutely, it's it shows you how close you are kind of like puts things into perspective like, hey, like you're one not close and too You've done all these things that one of the hardest leagues to play at in minor league baseball, and then moving to Triple A, it was like pretty easy, man. I mean, you see a lot of these guys rehabbing in the clubhouse. It's you get to be on the same team, play on the same field as a lot of these guys, and it's it's something special.
Speaker 11: For You've also made the transition from catching to playing left field. When I heard that, I was thinking a young Kyle Schwarber.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hear that comp a lot, and that's uh. I wouldn't say that's a bad comp. I'd love to have a Kyle Schwarber here in LA.
Speaker 11: Can you tell us the biggest difference for you going from catching to playing left field perspective?
Speaker 6: For sure, it's it's a lot different. You're in control behind the play. It allows you to kind of like control the game as much as possible, and being moved out there to left field, you just kind of control what things are like brought to you. So flyball is obviously the basics of baseball, but you're you're not really in full control as you are behind the plate.
Speaker 11: I was wondering, do you still think the game the same way in left field?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I'm thinking pitch to pitch, I'm thinking, hey, what are we calling right here? If I'm a catcher, what can I anticipate from a hitter right now? And those are some of the things that just run through my head. I wouldn't say a normal left fielder is thinking about how someone's calling the game behind the plate, But being a catcher, obviously in the past time, I'm thinking every pitch.
Speaker 11: Well, I heard that's a big deal for infielders and outfielders, the pre pitch thinking through what might happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a thing for sure, just kind of like anticipating what could be thrown. As a hitter, you understand like if this is thrown, the odds of you pulling this baseball or shooting this baseball the other way or like much higher with different pitch shapes. So just kind of understanding the game from left field means a lot.
Speaker 11: Dalton Rushing is our guest. He is the Dodgers Minor League Player of the Year for twenty twenty four. So, how many diving catches have you made out there in left field?
Speaker 6: I have like two months under my belt and I only have one so I could. I could for sure stay, I could for sure step it up a little bit.
Speaker 11: Hey, I've heard that if you make a diving grab sometimes it's not the greatest jump.
Speaker 8: So that means you're getting good jumps on the balls.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. Yeah. No, I feel more and more comfortable out there each and every day.
Speaker 8: The one thing that strikes me the most about you.
Speaker 11: I mean, I'm not gonna pretend that I know about angles, swings anything like that, but even in spring training, it felt like you could tell how competitive you are and the swings that you take.
Speaker 8: You are not short changed.
Speaker 6: No, absolutely not. I take pride in understanding the time to do damage and the time not to do damage. And I think that's something that really shows in my game. A lot is understanding the shrike zone and taking my shots when they're given, and I think that's the biggest thing. Is a power hitter.
Speaker 8: It sounds like you have different clubs in your bag.
Speaker 6: I'd say I have one club. I stick with the driver. I stick with the driver.
Speaker 11: Are you telling me you won't shoot one the opposite way?
Speaker 6: I will when the opportunity is presented. But especially on a golf course, you're never gonna see me shy away from a driver from the tea box.
Speaker 8: But you're not great at the putts.
Speaker 6: Putting's not my game. I will say, putting is not my game. Go in your whole Yeah, exactly, happy Gilmore style.
Speaker 11: Dalton Rushing is our guest. All right, Dalton, when you come out here to Dodger Stadium and you look out, do you envision yourself? Are you visualizing yourself hitting home runs here? I mean there's your manager, Dave Roberts. He's visualizing Dalton Rushing one day.
Speaker 6: Yeah. It's it's pretty cool just to kind of step on this field. You kind of see, like once I said earlier, like perspective. It's understanding what it's like to step in the box in front of this many people and understand that if this is what you want to do for the next ten years to come, It's something you kind of become like accustomed to pretty quickly.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 11: The foundation of the Dodgers, even going back to twenty thirteen, Seeger Bellinger, Jack Peterson. It's with guys like you from the farm system, and I'm sure that's got to be special for you too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's pretty cool. With the track record of the player of the years through the Dodgers' organization to the past ten years is pretty crazy. And I mean everyone can go look for themselves as you see the names and you're like, wow, I see a lot of these guys on TV each and every day. So yeah, it's something to for sure take us an honor. But there's plenty more to be done.
Speaker 11: Hey, no doubt, the work is never done. Dalton Rushing be ready one day soon. We want to see Dalton Rushing playing here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, thank you so much. I'm excited.
Speaker 11: Thank you for the time. Good smelling minor league kid too, Dalton Rushing. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot of DV Dalton Rushing guys, we've been talking about him for a while. Keep an eye on him very soon into Dodger uniform. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaking's Pizza Parler, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers. Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at shakys dot Com. Up next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere, leave you up to Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Kateson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Friday night. First pitch in this series opener coming up.
Speaker 3: It's seven ten and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Present about your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality and an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma.
Speaker 3: See your Toyota Dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Kyle frielan on the mound for the Rockies five and seven with a forty nine e thirty one year old left hander eighth season in the Big League's making his twentieth start last time out, seven innings, three runs, seven hits, three strikeouts in a no decision against the Cups. He's pitched well as of late, He's gone five consecutive starts of at least five innings and three or few are runnings allowed, logging in two to thirty five ERA during that stretch. In twenty three career starts against the Dodgers, he is five and ten with a four to seventy five RORA against them. Ryan Brasier will be the opener for the Dodgers. Thirty seven year old right handed third season third time excuse me as the opener this year, making his twenty seventh appearance last time out. Wanting to work two runs, two hits, two strikeouts against the Marlins. Then we expect to see Ben Casparrius, the five year old right hander who started the year in Double A went to Triple A. He's in his third stint in the big leagues. He's made one appearance, that was against the Diamondbacks on August thirty first. He tossed one inning while picking up the win in relief. He's a former fifth round pick out of Yukon back in twenty twenty one. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor every LA weekend. Find out more at speedy cash dot Comer stop in Inn LA Area, Speedy Cash Store, Kyle Freelan, Ryan Brazier and Benkusparrius. Tonight Dodgers Rockies. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next of Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 2: Ryan Bras, Josey Opener, Kyle Freeland will go for Colorado first pitch coming up at seven to ten. Dodgers fans and hans. You're listening the experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by our friends at Laare Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. All right, we head back out to the booth before first pitch. Tim Neverttrick Monday, guys.
Speaker 4: Tim, thanks again, and tonight the Dodgers getting set to take on the Rockies. They'll play them six times before this season is over. They'll finish the regular season in Denver next weekend. Kyle Freeland, at five and seven, will make his twentieth start of a season that has seen some injuries.
Speaker 8: Shorten it up.
Speaker 4: It'll be his fourteenth start against the Dodgers since the start of twenty twenty, in which he is three and six against la and Era over five. The Dodgers are going to go with a bullpen game today in an effort to get Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Walker Bueller an extra day's rest, so Ryan Brazier will be the opener. Ben Casparius has been called up from Triple A and we expect to see him multiple innings tonight. But the pitching matchup here. Freeland is a guy the Dodgers need to find a way to.
Speaker 7: Be Yeah, and they've seen him, you know, twenty three starts career against the Dodgers. Here's one thing about Freeland. He changes speeds a lot. In fact, seventy nine strikeouts and fifty four of those have come on breaking balls. He goes to off speed pitches, especially when he's behind in the count. Nothing new. The Dodgers know him. The question is how well does Freeland control the strike zone.
Speaker 4: Rockies aren't going to lay down. They like to play the role of spoiler this time of the year. They've won eight of the last thirteen games. Anytime the Dodgers have won five of seven against the Rockies this season.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, first pitch coming up.
Speaker 2: Dodgers start the night ninety one and sixty two, four games up on the Padres in the Western Division of the National League, so we'll keep an eye on what's happening as the Padres take on the White Sox down at Petco Park Diamondbacks. They leave the Brewers six to four in the sixth thnnings. David Vassie's got your cover on the post game with all the festivities, including Dodger talk as well. First pitch is next Dodgers Rockies.
Speaker 3: What will show hel Tony do for an encore? We'll find out next.
Speaker 2: Tim Kakes has been wrongo because you know, Dodgers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network