Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, Hee.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan, Okay, Hey.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 4: Hang on.
Speaker 1: It could be one of those days. It could be one of those days. Hey, good morning, everybody. I hook you're on to a great starts your day. I am not, but we'll get past that, won't We welcome aboard on this Tattooesday, October twenty two. What are we doing today on the show. We got Taylor going for win number two, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. We've got Jerry Cantrell tickets for you in homeroom on the fun Fact Flashback dashboard. Professional tickets seven twenty, the Chili Brown Game that'll turn my frown upside down. We got pit tickets to break in Benjamin Stained and Daughtry this morning. We'll play that game at A twenty this morning. Chance and some alternative income coming away a chance one one thousand dollars at around nine ten. We had a winner yesterday. We had two winners yesterday. Teresa had a winner at five o'clock and one of our morning show listeners won the iHeartRadio Alter Ego trip yesterday. So yeah, we swept the winnings here in Houston for our company. You guys making us look good, so we'll give you a chance to win that. Those Alter Ego tickets coming up at around nine to twenty five or so. Then I got some Renfest tickets for you on the show. Ten percent chance of rain party, cloudy high of eighty six. Good morning Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: Hey, Good morning Rod, Good morning homeroom So.
Speaker 6: The National Transportation Safety Board says that helicopter that crashed into a Houston radio tower on Sunday night was actually on an air tour flight when the accident occurred. So we're getting some more details for people, including a child, were killed in this crash. A spokesperson for the Safety Board said the wreckage is a complex scene, so investigators are trying to be mids and how they approach it.
Speaker 5: If you didn't know, the helicopter took off.
Speaker 6: From Ellington Airport in Houston and then struck the tower just before eight pm on Sunday local time. That crash brought down the tower, but no one was injured on the ground.
Speaker 5: Even more people have come forward to sue Diddy for sexual.
Speaker 6: Assault, both male and female. One of his new accusers says she was thirteen years old when the assault occurred in an after party, and she said it was after the two thousand MTV Video Music Awards. She says she drank something that made her woozy, She went to the bedroom to lie down, and then Ditty came in with two celebrities, a man and a woman who have not been publicly identified. The details are pretty horrendous, but there are also other accusers that say they were assaulted as recently as twenty twenty two, and another who claimed it happened Memorial Day weekend twenty fourteen, So that's how early some of these accusations are going back. People will reportedly start dreading the end of daylight saving Time about eleven days before it takes effect, and just so you know, it's tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: It's dreaded because people are losing sunlight. It disrupts their sleep. The main issues is it brings on those sunlight blues because that dark it's like you're already off work and the sky's already dark. Forty percent of people say they admit that they feel some dread when it comes to daylight saving Time.
Speaker 1: So tomorrow's the day that we start dreading it. Right, We're not moving the clocks for a couple of weeks, right, Okay, Yeah, I'm already thinking about it.
Speaker 6: Eleven days before we have to move the clock is when the dreads it stinks. Let's talk about Liam Payne. I have a pretty disturbing update. We know that Liam Payne passed away. Police found him after he jumped from his hotel balcony, but they're saying that they found pink cocaine in his system when he died.
Speaker 5: Now, what is pink cocaine.
Speaker 6: It's a mixture of drugs that generally includes meth ketamine and molly, but not necessarily cocaine, And it was just one of several drugs found in limb paine system when he died. Police also found and improvised aluminum pipe in.
Speaker 5: His hotel room.
Speaker 6: Local cops are reportedly investigating a hotel employee for possibly giving Liam drugs. His autopsy is not complete and his body is still in Argentina.
Speaker 5: We also have an update from Jake Lee, former.
Speaker 6: Guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne, who was shot three times earlier this month. Well, he was just walking his dog near the Las Vegas home. Remember earlier, we thought it was a random attack, and we knew that he was expected to make a full recovery.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 6: Now he is sharing more information about the altercation. He said he saw two masks thieves near a neighbor's motorcycle and that there was a verbal confrontation and they, like both parties agreed that let's just okay, you walk that way, I'll walk this way. He says that did not work out. He was shot in the forearm.
Speaker 5: The foot, and the back, so they probably like, okay, like.
Speaker 6: We'll leave it alone, man, you go your way, I'll go mine, and then they ended up shooting him.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yeah, he's probably like, hey, get away from those motorcycles.
Speaker 5: From my neighbor's bike. If anyone, any good neighbor would.
Speaker 1: Say, hey, every one of us would do what he did.
Speaker 6: Absolutely so, im you's gonna read that on these one pages are using sad lines, all right.
Speaker 1: Alex, what you got bit?
Speaker 8: A Monday night football doubleheader Last night, the Ravens beat the Buccaneers forty one to thirty one. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson through for five touchdowns in the game, and the Cardinals got by the Chargers seventeen to fifteen Cardinals kicker Chad Ryland did a game winning field goal as time expired put Arizona over the top in that one. In some basketball news, Rockets are going to open up the regular season tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: They'll host the Hornets at Toyota Center.
Speaker 8: Vegas has the Rockets win total for this season at forty three and a half.
Speaker 1: In case you were wondering, that is what's going on in sports? All right, here we go four hours of pain. Come on, turn this baby around with a great first phone call. I'd love for you to get on seven one, three, two, two, nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now, go right ninety four to five, The buzz Leak at Park and one step Closer Rob Ryant Show. October twenty two, Tattooesday. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Appreciate you guys being up dark and early with us. We got Taylor going for win number two in the freshot of bed Head to Head Challenge started out with two brand new players yesterday on that Monday, because we had a Hall of Fame moment on Friday. So I'd love to get a couple more people into that Hall of Fame, Chill. He puts some concert tickets in there for you, so sit tight for that. That's coming up in about fifteen minutes or so. Jerry Cantrell, this guy seemingly just never comes off the road if he's not out with Alison Chains. He was just here with Candlebox. He's coming back on February twenty sixth Dude loves being out on the road man, and he's awesome too. So we'll let from Jerry Cantrell tickets for you on the Fun Fact Flashback Dashboard Confessional Tickets coming your way at seven twenty The Chili Brown Game, episode three, Fall twenty twenty four edition, Chill. He's doing a brilliant job reading from It's a Great It's the Great Pump in Charlie Brown. He'll be reading from that again today at around eight twenty. This is for your pit Passes. Is probably the biggest thing today on the show. Well, the biggest local prize today on the show is the pit passes. The breaking Benjamin Stained in Daughtry that's going down on Thursday night. So four winners this week on getting those tickets. Alternative Income Chance to one one thousand dollars. Yesterday we gave you an opportunity to get into the iHeartRadio Alter Ego Festival. Alex. I want to say you hit it at around nine twenty four, nine twenty three, we'll be hitting it again. What does that mean? Your opportunity to call and to win this thing. We had a winner yesterday, somebody that was listening to the Rod Ryan Show won the national contest. Teresa again five point thirty had another winner. She's got two winners. We've got one nationally so so far, three buzz listeners going to the show out out in California. It's a great lineup too, man. I can see why you guys are excited about it. I'm excited about it. Casey Elephant, Glass Animals, Luminears, Offspring, Incubis, Saint Vincent, hiding the harp all right, nine ish and then we got some Renfest tickets for you on know the show. Phones ringing, It's.
Speaker 9: That time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Good morning, Well Hello, who's this? Johnny Chilli tells me this is the first time you've ever gotten through on the show. Is that true, Johnny?
Speaker 10: Yes, their first time in pretty much twenty years.
Speaker 1: Come on, now, I'm feeling like you haven't called that often. That's why you haven't been on with us.
Speaker 10: Oh man, I usually try, like I mean, I should see all every day on the way to work.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I'll hit it.
Speaker 10: I'll hit it, you know, maybe once a week, and it's usually it's usually busy, and I'll maybe try a couple more times. It's usually busy. And I tried it right now and it was ringing, So I was like, okay, I'm just gonna let it go, man, shitt He picked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I mean, it's that easy. Can you imagine if you called maybe three times a week instead of the once a week or maybe four times a week. I mean, it's possible, Johnny, you and I are talking live on ninety four to five of the Buzz right now, all because you picked up the phone and called. I know you can do it. I know you can do it. You just gotta step it up a little bit. Some of these people, and it's what I am going to use that term, these people, some of these guys and gals out there that are trying to win stuff, you know, they're relentless. I mean they're calling right now. They're trying to get through. They were like, hey, wait a minute, didn't you just say something about pit tickets to breaking Benjamin. I said it was at a twenty. Someone's calling right now thinking that they could win pit tickets. They're crazy. I love them. They're crazy like a fox, and I love everyone. Yeah. So I would just say I appreciate you listening. That's the most important thing that warms my heart. I would say, step it up on the calling. And I got a feeling you're going to be in the Winter Circle soon, even before the end of the year.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I'm gon key. I'm definite gonna keep trying.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, that's what I like to hear. Man, That's what I like to hear. Anything else. While we got you, John, Johnny, what are you doing up to early? What do you do in the morning.
Speaker 10: I'm on my way to work right now.
Speaker 1: What's your job?
Speaker 10: I work at the Fort Long Storman okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, And what what specific job do you have out there? I'm an operator crane operator.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, I'm operating. We can't move to containers. Chats and things like that. For everything coming off and on the ship.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: You just pick them up with your hands. Those big containers, you don't need a crane.
Speaker 10: Yeah no, not the crane yet. But yeah, we use like kind of big machine to move them too though.
Speaker 1: That's cool, that's awesome. All right, Johnny are you I'm Are you allowed to take a picture of you at work?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can you? Can you send me a picture today? Have you with one of those big containers behind you? Yeah, no problem, dude, email me? You ever email or do you just call once in a while? Okay, well, dude, email me. I want to see Johnny at work container behind him. Send it to Rod at the buzz dot com. Dude, I'd love to have that. I would love to have that today, Johnny. Thank you for starting off the show brilliantly. Yes, sir, Okay, dude, be safe there at work too. All right, let me take a short break. I'll let you know Whenjohnny sends that pick. He said. He sounded like he was really going to do it. Seven one, three, two five. Just keep the number handy, Johnny, keep it handy. Everyone else, keep it handy. We'll be looking for you to use that to get into the fresh out of bed. We'll find out what's trending. We'll get a rec check everything. After the break, Buzz Rock and all tear into the rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten AM, ninety four to five the buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Happy Tattuesday, everybody nothing over a ten percent chance of raining today, partly cloudy, a little bit warmer. I feel like that's the trend this week. I feel like it's creeping back into warmer temperatures. Not happy about that. What's trending?
Speaker 6: Okay, So the number one one search on Google is Chris Godwin. Chris Godwin is a wide receiver for the Buccaneers and apparently he had an ankle injury so bad that ESPN wouldn't show it on last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, with.
Speaker 8: Like less than two minutes left and they were losing, kind of just trying to play in garbage time and got hurt.
Speaker 1: So did Mike Evans. There.
Speaker 8: These are both like the one and two receivers for the Bucks went down yesterday.
Speaker 1: I know it's listen, it's a freak accident, but I don't believe in pulling everybody just because you're not gonna win the game too. I know people are gonna second guess the coach, But what are you gonna do but in third stringers because you're losing the game. I don't know. I mean, I get both arguments.
Speaker 8: Yes, you're like, okay, well we got to play for the rest of the season too, but stuff.
Speaker 1: Like that, it's unfortunate you play against that. Did you see it? I saw him go down.
Speaker 8: They didn't show it though, So like, okay, dislocated ankle seems bad out all right, what.
Speaker 4: Else you have?
Speaker 6: Your son Cooper is making a one hundred million all cash bid to buy Playboy.
Speaker 5: That's the company for by his dad, Hugh Hefner.
Speaker 6: He says he wants to restore the brand to its roots. He wants to acquire the intellectual property and the brand assets of Playboy Enterprises from the publicly traded company, the Playboy Group. So the magazine went under in twenty twenty due to the pandemic, but there were plans to relaunch in February of twenty twenty five, And I don't know if those plans are still all systems ago, But that's another headline that people are looking at. And then apparently Billy Joel, or at least's youngest daughters are Swifties. There's a picture of Billy Joel, his daughters and Andrea Swift, which is Taylor Swift's mom at the Ara's tour. Yeah, Swifty's back in action as Taylor is back on tour. Gonna be stopping in New Orleans very soon, right, I believe that is up next maybe on the tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, think it might be this weekend.
Speaker 5: That's what's trending on eighty four to five of the buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, where's our champion here? Good boring everybody.
Speaker 12: There's a former fresh Reiss Tyler.
Speaker 13: Now you're fresh out of bed, head ahead one day.
Speaker 8: Rap all you want two questions to answers?
Speaker 10: Baby, join me on Tuesday when I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two two five nine four five If you think you could beat them on twenty years of Mayhem.
Speaker 14: In the morning with no Rod Ryan Show, only ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 1: Us, Good Morning rod Ryan Show on a tattooesday, probably claudy skies. Highs of around eighty six. Okay, guys, I got six twenty five. Let's play a game and now.
Speaker 12: Each time for the Fresh out of bed Head to head challenge, Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Taylor, Hey, Hey, how are you good? Good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning. Were your fresh fish yesterday?
Speaker 3: I was, sir, Not no more.
Speaker 8: We're season now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you come in here, it's like, hey, it's nice. Hey, it's mine. I'm running the show here now. I'm not a fresh fish. I'm Taylor with one win under my belt. But you want to stay away from that, you know that one pump chump thing. All right, all right, Arthur's played before. Hey, Arthur, good morning, good morning, brother a good morning at home, Good morning everybody. Has it really been a year since you played Arthur? Yes, sir, October last year. Yeah, we used to play the Arthur theme song from the movie Arthur. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay. I'm glad you're still with us. It's crazy that we haven't heard from you in over a year. It's hard to get it, Yeah it is. But that guy, the first phone call today was the first time you ever got through. So something magical in that air today. Indeed, because National Nut Day, it's easier to get through today. I think there's some correlation to nuts and getting through. And Arthur, have you had any success on the game. I mean, I know you've played a lot, so I have committment issues, right. I get to day five every time, three times already and never can make it.
Speaker 5: To the hall.
Speaker 1: Why do you hate the Hall of Fame so much? I just like free stuff? Okay, that's it, all right. Doesn't want the doesn't want the strings attached to the Hall of Fame, just wants all the free booty, all right. Umm, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Arthur, Taylor, Arthur and Taylor? Taylor and Arthur. What are they playing for today?
Speaker 6: And tickets to the who hu playing at House of Blues November fifteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, shout out your name. We're listening for Taylor, We're listening for Arthur. Here we go. Here comes your first question. Uh as written what do you rub out of a magic lamp? Arthur? Arthur Genie, Yeah, you rubbed.
Speaker 5: With that question.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It seems like it was.
Speaker 1: It just seems like it was weirdly written. I don't know it worked. Read Arthur. I read it verbatim, What do you rub out of a magic lamp? For three wishes.
Speaker 5: What do you rub out of a magic lamp?
Speaker 1: Hell pallure? Mike is hot? Go ahead, it's a genie. Okay, there you go, perfect, Tyler. I didn't even hear your name on that.
Speaker 13: No, got a little distracted there, so.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, less distractions to focus here on the game here. Next question, Tyler Arthur, what type of truck is grave digger? Taylor Arthur? A monster truck? Yeah, if you said it was a nineteen fifty style panel van, I would have to give that to you as well. It's got that old look to it, but it's a monster truck. You don't overthink it. Here on the Rod Ryan Show and uh, Tyler, what.
Speaker 5: That's that's one pump chumpish.
Speaker 1: That's a that's an ass, that's an ass kicking.
Speaker 6: It's giving one pump chump as the kids says.
Speaker 1: It's not pat my kids, it's not passing the vibe show right now? Okay, Taylor, we got to say goodbye to you.
Speaker 14: Very very great.
Speaker 1: I hope you had fun. And then Arthur, welcome back. I guess we'll get your music ready and all that good stuff. If you want to stick around for a couple of days, absolutely sure.
Speaker 9: What okay, bro, hang on, you're listening to The rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 12: Happy Halloween, screw On ninety four five, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Something forty one and Fradlick, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Adamccomm says Arthur has won the most fresh out of bed head to head games in a year. Last year, don't avoid us, Arthur, join us in How's garage in the Hall of Fame. Well, yeah, he'll explain that in his speech. Why I guess last year nobody won more fresh out of bed heads ahead Hall of Fame game or games. Nobody won more prizes and more individual games, then Arthur, here's why.
Speaker 12: Fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge, here's your current champion.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 15: This is Arthur and I'm back in your life after a year's assince I'm your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion.
Speaker 16: I'm the guy that last year died.
Speaker 17: I'm the guy that last year got beat on Day five three times.
Speaker 16: So join me on Wednesday when I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: I mean twelve days of winning, twelve days of chili changing out that prize every single day. I'm not saying there wasn't a couple of T shirts in there. Maybe, but God must have had some fun last year. He must have had some fun. You know. There was some great concert tickets in there. Oh yeah, I don't know. Has Arthur cracked the code? It's like, I don't need the Hall of Fame. I just need to win four.
Speaker 5: Kid, Yeah, just give me all my prizes.
Speaker 1: I mean, once you're in the Hall of Fame, you could win other things, but you can't keep winning every day.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 5: The Hall of Fame is more like for pride, right, And.
Speaker 1: Arthur doesn't give af.
Speaker 5: Only about prizes, doesn't.
Speaker 1: How about that Christopher Cross? It's the fuck that's the day. Here we go, we make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the fun that's the day. All right, there's some fun facts for you today. I was just talking to Alex about rent. The President of the United States of America gets free rent at the White House. You can use the house for free. They don't charge anything, but you are responsible for basically everything else groceries, housekeeping, parties, vacations. And they felt the need to mention this. All of your toilet tries. Your response, you have to pay for that yourself. Did you know that? Hell? I did not. I guess it's not like a hotel.
Speaker 5: You're not on the lease.
Speaker 1: Like you gotta pay for all those housekeeper it's expense. Wonder if they have insurance. I'd like to have to get renters insurance. You're not renting. If it's free rent, I just keep free rents. I wouldn't even clean it free with the job. But if you like the grocery, the housekeeping alone, that's gonna be the entire salary of the president, all of those housekeepers in the land. I mean, what about the landscaping. You're gonna pay for the that? What is the president pay? Does it still pay? Around three hundredd years? Is it four?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 5: That's what it costs up keep the White House.
Speaker 1: I promise you that's what all those housekeepers make. If that includes the landscaping crew and stuff.
Speaker 8: I would have never taken a dime if I was president, I would have just worked for the keep.
Speaker 5: That's why.
Speaker 1: That's why did Mundo write you in say what other people voted for? It's not that's not who I am, but it could have happened John Steinbeck was late turning in his manuscript four of Mice and Men. Why kids have been using this for years, but it really happened to him. Uh, his dog ate an early draft of that. Whoa uh finally ancient Romans man. They love their orgies when you're walking around Rome and they talk about like what was going on with all of those? Yeah, it was insane. There was an orgy planner. There were orgie planners back then. It was an actual job. If they did a great job on the planning, they said they got invited to participate can planning.
Speaker 5: Imagine having to plan.
Speaker 1: That death planning orgies.
Speaker 12: Back to the day we make you look smart, back to the day.
Speaker 1: Got you penciled in around four point thirty over here one it thres like a starting gun. Okay, start the orgy like a race. I think you can call it.
Speaker 5: You can call it that a torch for the uh pushy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go. What do you give it away?
Speaker 5: Okay? Tickets would be a.
Speaker 1: Whole lot funnier, the whole p diddy thing. What's going on right now?
Speaker 6: Grell I don't want to talk about him.
Speaker 5: Doesn't let him ruin our prize?
Speaker 1: You do I think did he had an organizer?
Speaker 5: Gross?
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 6: You have to have willing participants. I got Jerry Kntrell tickets at the House of Blues.
Speaker 1: All right, it's your fun back. Hell, you know which one I'm going with? Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. King Arthur had a sword name ex Caliber, But he also had a spear. What was the name of the spear? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout within your stock out with Captain Cash there he is right there. Hi, hol brother Rod, Good morning, the money organizer over there? All right, Hey, how you doing Wall Street?
Speaker 13: Yesterday it was a mixed down Wall Street? That Dow was down three hundred and forty four points. Kickoff this morning at forty two thousand and three ninety one NASDAC up fifty to eighteen thousand, five hundred and forty benchmark, and your treasury is trading at a four point two one percent and oil stands as seventy one dollars twenty two cents a barrel. To the most actives, the big studs Boeing, Apple and United Health. The big duds amex, Merk and Travelers. The economic calendar this morning is all clear. Futures who they are on the downside. Come on, let's turn this stab you in, that's it no matter. This is Halan Manie, director with Ramy James Porty for the rod Ryan Show from Raymon James on San Flittemagus and don't forget to always rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 19: Aamen's expressed are those of all Land and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to arion. This programs are educational and informational services on the The studs of duds are based on movement as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young ninety four or five The Boss, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Hit it your fact listen, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Who's this? Hi is the cat? Hi Kat? How are you day? I'm fantastic, how are you wonderful? Thank you for asking? I clearly liked this one the most yesterday of all the fun facts. King Arthur didn't just have a sword name ex Caliber, He also had a spear. He loved giving all his weaponry names. What did he call the spear? He called a Ron? Yeah, hey, Ron.
Speaker 8: Rock.
Speaker 4: Just Ron.
Speaker 1: Really felt like he didn't think that went through as much.
Speaker 5: As X ex caliber ex CALIBERY really fun to.
Speaker 1: Talk about a basket stepchild. I mean, Ron, that's it. Just Ron the spear cat. You just won? What are you giving her a?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 5: Jerry Cantroll House of Loes. Who You're going? February twenty six, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for starting your day with us.
Speaker 6: Katy Alexa played ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, ninety.
Speaker 5: Four point five the best station from iHeartRadio, The.
Speaker 9: Ron Bryant Show every morning six to ten on ninety four to five The.
Speaker 1: Buzzy four five The Buzz. Good morning, everybody, We're murdered, every murder. I hope we're off to a great start to your tattooesday because we're getting ready for Houston's headlines.
Speaker 17: Here.
Speaker 1: I'm just kind of looking ahead. What we got going on here? Dashboard Confessional tickets, next hour, Oh, they're playing Friday Night by your Music Center Chili Brown game love that eight twenty this morning. That's how you're getting in the pit breaking. Benjamin stayed in Daughtry Thursday night. You got a concert cancelation coming up in the headlines, too sure now the two people have been asking me about that, like what do I know? What do I know? Well, we'll get into that partly. Claudi's guys today little.
Speaker 3: Too warm for me.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're still keeping Chili brown around, but I don't like my chili brown and High's of eighty six, Okay, don't. That's why we do. That's why we bust them out because it's not cool in the morning. So yeah, that's a little one for me today. But we got a deal. Good morning. What are Houston's headlines? Please? Mew.
Speaker 6: Details have been released as the investigation in a helicopter that crashed downtown in Houston into a radio tower continues. The Robinson R four to four helicopter was reportedly on an air tour flight when the accident happened. This is all according to the National Transportation Safety Board. The helicopter crash just before eight pm Sunday evening. It struck a tower, killed all four people on board and It also caused the collapse of the tower and started a fire on the ground. Election Day is just two weeks from today, and the presidential candidates are hitting key swing states to get VP Harris making stops in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. That was yesterday, and then former President Trump toured hurricane damage in Asheville, North Carolina.
Speaker 5: They'll be in Greensboro today.
Speaker 1: I have time for an observation. Sure do you sure?
Speaker 3: Sure? Yeah?
Speaker 1: The lines for the first day of early voting, the whole thing early voting was like you get in there, you don't have to stand in line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the early voting lines were pretty incredible.
Speaker 1: People were so jacked to go vote on the first day of early voting, even though apparently the numbers were down. Of course, the news is going to find the busiest place to, you know, put their cameras in front of right, So I have no idea where that was the different news, you know. I was bumping bumping around to the different channels. It was crazy yesterday. That's not why I want to go early vote, right.
Speaker 5: I want to go vote to be the only one there.
Speaker 1: Get in and get out.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 1: It's like, uh, I guess I'm gonna wait for a couple of days. Yeah, people were nuts yesterday.
Speaker 5: People.
Speaker 6: I guess it's like a lot of build up, you know, all these political ads, all this up, Like, okay, let me.
Speaker 3: Just go do it.
Speaker 1: Shoot the JG.
Speaker 8: There should be like a way to like opt out of all political ads after you vote, Like, I don't know how they would do that, but once you cast your vote, like not not to see.
Speaker 5: Easy Yeah, get it off my algorithm, get it off my commercial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing. It's not going just because you early voted, You're still going to see Colin Allread every five minutes and the other we nut every other four minutes. It's insane.
Speaker 6: I can't believe these are all our people, Like, I can't believe these are my choices.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 5: It's just I'm just dealing with that personally. Hey, other than these, what are your favorite kind of nuts voice?
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute, is it nuts today? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Today is National nut Day.
Speaker 1: A lot of people would be interested in sealary, you.
Speaker 5: Know what, maybe some cashews, maybe some sashios. You I don't have the pull up.
Speaker 6: I don't have our pull up because we're not doing it on the X are we doing it on page. We're doing it on links and guests, So if you go to links and guests, you can choose. Okay, this is a decision. This is an early vote. You want to get in what are your favorite nuts? The options arems, pistachios, cashews, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans, and other.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Pecans in at number one, thirty six, cashews at twenty seven percent, other eighteen percent. I'm sure those are the D's nuts. People Pastacio's almonds.
Speaker 5: Like maybe they like Macadamian nuts.
Speaker 1: Like nobody voted for peanuts or walnuts. Peanuts are like only at a ball game, you know, give me something.
Speaker 5: To do with my hands.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, don't downplay how great peanuts are.
Speaker 5: Peanuts are great. I'm not downplaying them.
Speaker 1: They're just more than ball games. Peanuts are dope. The only time I'm into peanuts and making a mess is at a ball game.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna be cracking peanuts open in a shell in my house.
Speaker 5: I'm good on that.
Speaker 1: Number one nut is the almond for me, almonds, and it's in third place right now.
Speaker 5: See my pick is in second.
Speaker 1: I love cashews. I eat more pre shelled peanuts than I do shelled peanuts in my life. Really, of course I do. We should be playing the Almond Brothers today if we're celebrating that day. Oh, the Almond Brothers very good. It's one of my favors. Okay, Southern favorite.
Speaker 5: Well go vote, go vote, because we want to make sure we get it right.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm trying to vote. I'm trying to use the voting the tool that we use for Throwback Thursday. So it's not on the X, it's on links and guests to vote for your favorite nut.
Speaker 5: You guys are going guys are gonna love this next story.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know what this is. Listen. I sent you other things to do. I said, this is if there's nothing else. I sent you four other things that could have been on before this. What a horror movie? God aligns with your zodiac. Wait a minute, I didn't even send this to you. I bypassed you. I just told Chilly to put this on the links and guests.
Speaker 5: Let's see.
Speaker 1: I don't think I sent this to you. We don't need to see it.
Speaker 6: If you're a Gemini, then Scream is going to be your your horror movie.
Speaker 8: Why.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you why.
Speaker 6: Because the Gemini is curious, inquisitive, and highly verbal. And two hallmarks of the flick are phones and discussions of horror trivia.
Speaker 18: That the worst shoehorn stretch I've ever heard in my life. No, I let me, let me find let me find you same in the movie screen. Oh, yours isn't up yet.
Speaker 6: Okay, I gotta find the I gotta find the horror movies for for virgos, and for give me, it's not up. Well, it's not on the blog, like the blog page isn't up yet, and so I only have the first four, like I only have aries, and you're not an aries. But Suspiria nineteen ninety nineteen seventy seven original movie ends with a COVID engulfed in flames at aries, a fire sign boiled, a fire sign.
Speaker 5: Taurus Midsummer would be your horror.
Speaker 1: Flick, like the hype man just told me it was a coved.
Speaker 6: Because the Taurus is loyal to a false that's like a hype man thing. I'll get you your scared movies.
Speaker 5: Guys, don't worry.
Speaker 6: Judah Unforeseen Circumstances The Judas Prix Show on October twenty second at Smart Financial Center Sugarland has been canceled.
Speaker 5: Refunds will be available at the point of purchase.
Speaker 6: But now let me take you to the Judas Priests Instagram because they are basically saying what we just said, unforse circumstances, so they're not giving you a reason. But if you purchase from a third party seller, you are going to have to reach out to your point of purchase aka sub Hub, seat Geek, vivid Seats, ticket Master.
Speaker 1: Which they don't have to give you your money back.
Speaker 5: We know this they are putting on their Instagram.
Speaker 6: If you have additional questions, like they have a service center number, there's.
Speaker 1: An email you can do. But yeah, I don't know why so the show would canceled not being rescheduled, right, It's that leads me to believe is that some sort of a health issue.
Speaker 4: Is it just our show?
Speaker 1: I don't think this was the last show on the tour. I don't know. I have more questions than I have answered.
Speaker 6: So well, as time goes on, we're going to see if they're going to, you know, cancel their other dates coming up because.
Speaker 5: This is tonight. Yeah, so those are excuse in headlights take it out.
Speaker 1: We had a Monday night football double header.
Speaker 8: Last night, the Ravens beat the Buccaneers forty one to thirty one. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson threw for five touchdowns in that game. Cardinals then got by the Chargers seventeen to fifteen. Cardinals kicker Chain had Ryland hit a game winning field goal as time expired to put them over the top of that one. On the sports blog page today, do have a photo of Chris Godwin's gruesome ankle dislocation if you would like to go see that. If not, don't worry about it. Don't just you can scroll past that.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: I also much like I did not send her that zodiac silly story. I skipped you and I went straight to Chili. I got Aaron Rodgers eating the booger. I saw that. Check out.
Speaker 8: If you don't want to see the gruesome ankle injury, like you want to see that, go check that out.
Speaker 1: And like a whole separate blog page of Aaron Rodgers eating the booger, just destroying his scene.
Speaker 5: I wonder what his zodiac is.
Speaker 1: And he's smelling something out of a bottle. I don't know if he couldn't get the water bottle. They have little smelling salts in like bottles now didn't didn't Tom Brady used to snort antlers, deer andlerray behind like that? Okay.
Speaker 8: In basketball, Rockets are gonna open up the regular season tomorrow night. They're gonna hos to Hornets at the Toyota Center. Vegas has the Rockets win total for the season at forty three and a half. Right now, I think they're gonna go way past that. Years playoffs gonna make a nice little run. Rockets kick things off tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: That it's going on in sports, Houston's rocking alternatives The.
Speaker 19: Rod right the Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz. That's the verve from the Urban Hymns album Bittersweet Symphony. Not even the best song on that album, Urban Hymns, Lucky Man, best song on the album. Go check it out. Well, it's tat Tuesday. We are in the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you very much. If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, hands off your nuts. It's a National nut Day. I gotta wait for Alex to get in here. There was an old corn nut commercial we used to play. It wasn't even a bit, it was a real cornnut commercial. I'm gonna see if he can find that. But we have a we're using the pulling tool. So many of you are telling me that you're not on Twitter or the X and you want to be. You want to be in on the whole question. So we're using the pulling tool, the same thing we use where we get a couple of thousand votes for Throwback Thursday as to what your favorite nuts are? There? He is, Hey, Aley's rob Hi talking Cliff out in the hall.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah you got Cliffs?
Speaker 1: Yeah Cliff what talking was he got a big ten k coming up? Or he's not really happy with the Jets? Oh yeah, yeah, nobody is. Did you tell we got Aaron Rodgers picking a boogie? And I did tell him that.
Speaker 8: I was like, well, did you see that he ate a booger? He's like, I didn't see that. I heard about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, well, rod Ryan show page the most com Yeah, we got a whole blog page for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe hopefully that's what he's looking at. Well, here's what I was talking about when you were getting Cliffed. Do you have the old corn nuts commercial? Do you think so? I see if you can find that. I don't know that Tessa has heard it. Yeah, we must have played it. Almends back Almonds back at number one, guys, almends back at or finally at number one. Rest Now, if corn nuts are your favorite nut, I guess that's what people are clicking other. Okay, you know some people are getting technical donuts from my favorite Hey Ride coconuts.
Speaker 5: I'm like, okay, guys are so wacky.
Speaker 1: Get off the stage. I work alone.
Speaker 3: Kid, when you're.
Speaker 7: All alone and there's no one home and you've got nothing to do, don't despair.
Speaker 1: Just pull up but chair.
Speaker 20: Here is what you do, busting nuts, busting nut, grab a bag of corn nuts and bust and nut.
Speaker 1: And johny yourself.
Speaker 5: We won't down all right, they know.
Speaker 1: What they're doing there right. Wait at the beginning, say like when you're home alone, to home on, pull up a chair, busting nut on by yourself.
Speaker 4: Let me we don't have to.
Speaker 1: I'm going to put you through the whole We should.
Speaker 8: Probably play the whole thing now seconds.
Speaker 1: It just just just to make sure we hear it all. When you're all alone and there's no one home. Yeah, and you've got nothing to do. Don't despair, just pull up.
Speaker 20: But chair, here is what you dont.
Speaker 1: Rock? All right, it's weird busting a nut in a chair. You stand you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I like to wow, guys.
Speaker 1: I like to be bipedal. Today is National Nut Day, so of course we're asking what's your favorite nut? Almonds now thirty four percent of the vote cashews in it, two pecans in a three pistachios, followed by peanuts, other and walnuts bringing up the the the bottom of the nut pole question.
Speaker 8: This morning, you are to know a little like nutflex. I feel like it might be like the richest thing that I think.
Speaker 4: I feel like I do.
Speaker 1: I would love to hear your nut flex.
Speaker 8: My nutflex usually have to pay for that, but not here in this instance. I think the richest thing that I do is buy the already shelled pistachios. Like I feel like I'm not better than anybody. I'm a common man. I'm a simple man that likes the normal things in life. But I do not like like shell and pistachios, and I like just crushing the agp already made one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like I sult tessa. I I come and counter. I come in contact with way more shelled peanuts than shell. D shelled peanuts than shelled peanuts pistachios. I feel like that's God telling fat boy not to eat as many because you have to shell them yourself. I would never allow myself the luxury of d shelled pistachios.
Speaker 6: I like the shells because they're salty, and so you get like the salt from the shell, and then yeah, on the.
Speaker 8: It's not saltano, all right, And then if you want to shell your pistachios, let me interest you my idea. I've already had the pistache tree, which is just where you put in the shells so you don't have to use a cup.
Speaker 1: Oh that's dope. Was there some kind of a pistachio that used to be red that made your hands red when you ate them? Am I the only person that was crazy? I lived through that era.
Speaker 5: There were red peanuts.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not talking about that kind of that red shell on the peanut that's inside the hard shell. There was a pistachio. Maybe it was a different kind of nuts. Somebody needs to help me with this. I need an old person. It was red. It was dyed red?
Speaker 4: Is that okay?
Speaker 1: What are you looking at it? Tell me your peanuts red peanuts pistache red? No, those are French burnt peanuts. That's a candy. That's a candy. That's not what I'm talking about. Did you did you type in red pistachio.
Speaker 5: A red pistachio?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt like it was dyed for what reason? For what reason? I don't know, but your hand again, it was just God's way. How many results but three pop ups red pistachios? Are they man made? A man dyed? Right now? Go ahead, I'll take the Okay, I can hear radios clicking off all over the s.
Speaker 6: A lot to read, right I In nineteen seventy most pistachios were dyed red.
Speaker 5: Okay, it says on Reddit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean when I was a little kid, they were read okay, so like they were in the show like that. Most millennials have never seen on Yeah, I've never heard of that. Your hands would turn red and it would be like you could tell who was eating stashios because they were they were a cat cheetah two fingers and their thumbs would read. But it wouldn't wash off. Oh yeah it was they used they got the term caught red handed. Yeah, they used tattoo ink on the fast pistachios. It wouldn't come off your hands. Okay, not day. There were red nuts back in the day. Rock and Alternative, The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am ninety four five The Buzz, Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show. On this tattooesday. Got a great ticket coming up for you in just a little bit ten percent chance of rain, partly Cloudy's guys highs of around eighty six, guys. Pistachios used to be read. I'm not crazy.
Speaker 4: They were.
Speaker 5: I saw it in the seventies.
Speaker 1: I buried this. I had not thought of this. Somebody said it came up in a fun fact, I don't remember that pistachios. We're talking about that because it's National Nut Day. We're asking you what your favorite nut is, and then it just came here. I'm like, when I was a kid, pistachios were red. They would leave them, they would leave your fingers red. Three people sent me the naked gun scene where they're sitting in the car. It's Leslie Nielsen. I guess I think that's George Kennedy. They're eating pistachios and they're throwing the throwing the shells out the window. And then when they get out and then they go to get out of the car, there was like a pile of snow like like, but it's not snow. It's all shells that they've been sitting there for hours eating pistaschios. But their lips are red and their fingers are red. We didn't grow pistachios here back in the day. I mean back in the day, in the seventies or in the sixties, way back when. Yeah, so they were all imported. They were dyed red to cover up the imperfections. Then we started growing pistaschio's here and we didn't need to die and they look nice and pretty. Now we keep them nack gorgeous.
Speaker 5: You're red, wild green, so much healthier.
Speaker 1: Guy up in Canada say say, dude, you can still get the red ones here.
Speaker 5: Uh sweet, It tastes like ship them to us.
Speaker 1: Like Canadian red. He's still keep like little flags on them freedom nuts. They're red. What's trending?
Speaker 5: That's stuff going on? Okay, Houston Rockets they have agreed to two deals and they're with our big players.
Speaker 6: So Jalen Green signed a three year extension for one hundred and six million dollars. He's like our star point guard. And Alpry Shangoon he's like our big forward. He signed a five year deal for one hundred and eighty five million dollars.
Speaker 5: So really, these are the clues, like, Hey, we're gonna actually go with these guys as we're rebuilding.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think, so we're gonna make a run here, Like we're paying these guys this year, but we're gonna be better this year.
Speaker 6: We're gonna be a lot better this year. And we've got I say playoffs this year. I say playoffs, is yes, all right?
Speaker 16: What else?
Speaker 5: Also, the cheapest tickets for the World Series are anything but cheap. I guess they're really expensive.
Speaker 6: Seat geek is reporting that the cheap seats are going for anywhere between one thousand dollars and fourteen hundred dollars, depending on the game.
Speaker 5: So it's Dodgers versus Yankees.
Speaker 6: It's sept for Friday, the first game at Dodger Stadium, and can't go basic. Yeah, it's like only millionaires allowed.
Speaker 1: Fourteen hundred dollars, fourteen hundred dollars for Nosebleeds, Wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 12: Guys.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know they're trying to make their upgrades, but it's a whole.
Speaker 1: It's a whole.
Speaker 5: It's it's not cozy. Also, Britney Spears has apparently married herself. She was announcing on.
Speaker 1: Her Instagram that's I'm looking at girls.
Speaker 6: One of the best things she's ever done, one of the best things she's ever made, and you know she's made a.
Speaker 7: Lot of them.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad they ended that conservativeship.
Speaker 5: That's a's trending A ninety four to five The Buzz. Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: She's doing just fine on her own riving. What are you giving away?
Speaker 6: I have a pair of tickets to see Dashboard Confessional with Boys Like Girls. They're going to be at Byou Music Center this Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're looking for caller number ten right now seven one three, two, one two five nine four five Call me to win these tickets and then vote on your favorite not on the world famous rod Ryan Show page The Buzz dot com. Who'm all Digitalread through ninety four or five to the bus, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, Red Hot Chili Peppers, can't stop Rob Ryan's shout tat Tuesday just a little under an hour now away from Chili Brown making his appearance, his third Fall appearance, Chili Brown Game next hour. That's how you're gonna win your pittech pit passes to breaking. Benjamin Stained in Dawtry Thursday night, somebody was questioning if Daughtry was on that bill or not, and they made me double check, and Daughtry is playing on that bill. It's on his website. I don't know. There's they saw something where where they weren't listing Daughtry, and uh, Unfortunately, sometimes that happens, even as you're as big as Daughtry. Sometimes when something's put out, they maybe don't put list the opening band. Daughtry will be there, so we'll get you in the pit for that show. Partly Cloudy of around eighty six Judas Priest is not happening? Is that tonight or was it supposed to be?
Speaker 5: It's supposed to be tonight. It's part financial.
Speaker 1: They're not saying anything other than it's a canceled show. And this is where you got to be careful where you bought your tickets Ticketmaster, No problem refunds get your money back and that's it, no harm, no fault now, stub Hub and all these other things out there.
Speaker 16: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We just we found out the hard way. I found out the hard way trying to get your money back. And I think I it was somebody during the pandemic. I don't know what I got burned on something. Think about when I went to Buffalo, I bought Sabers tickets and I didn't get them through ticket Master, and I bought them through They're just like, yeah, go ahead, go pound sand dude. I don't have to give you anything back. So what happens with them is that if they made their purchase from ticket Master, they get my money and they get their money back.
Speaker 5: Yeah when when win?
Speaker 7: How is that legal?
Speaker 1: How is that even a thing?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just wondering if anybody has gotten money back from a second tier. I never have, but I haven't had the opportunity just that one time. I got burned on it. All right, I gotta give away some tickets here. Just win your tickets from us.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Hello, hello, heard hello, hello, but.
Speaker 1: Anybody Hi, who's this? Hey? Just just in your color?
Speaker 3: Ten?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you call it ten due that's.
Speaker 4: A good thing.
Speaker 19: You win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What do you gotta give them?
Speaker 5: Did you get the Dashboard Confessional tickets? They're playing by Music Center Congress.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you guys. All right, brok you thank you for listening. All right, guys, Hey, I have good day YouTube. Bro thanks all right. Justin's on hold smoking. I never smoked, ever smoked a pack. No, I've never smoked a cigarette before.
Speaker 5: Really, good for you.
Speaker 1: I took a drag off of one once. Kids that didn't like it, Okay, your uncle Rod doesn't smoke, You don't smoke.
Speaker 16: All right.
Speaker 1: Interesting, teen smoking just hit an old time low. New report from the CDC found the number of middle school and high school kids using tobacco has dropped to twenty percent in the last year. That cigarettes chewing tobacco. And they're including vaping in this That was my question.
Speaker 5: Are they including vapes?
Speaker 6: Be vaping was really popular amongst the kids, and then you know there were some horror stories of like lung collapsing and you know, bad stuff going on.
Speaker 5: So that makes me very happy. But they're off the vapes and the sieves.
Speaker 1: I remember there was somebody that worked on this show years ago, and this is when we had the glass like Chili's in the other room right now. This is when we had that glass where Chili used to be in the chili bowl. And I remember just talking on the air talking about something, probably talking about what's your favorite nut, Probably been doing that hackey bit for twenty years. And I saw this huge cloud come out in the production room where Chili used to sit, and I said, everything okay in there? Yeah, what's going on? It wasn't chili. It wasn't chili. It goes everything Okay, Yeah, what is happening in there right now? They said nothing. I said, are you vaping? And I got the old It's just vapor. It's just I got that now, Bob the engineer would have.
Speaker 5: Lost his mind. Lucky you found him, not Bob.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But do people still use that? It's just vape, bro, It's just vape. It's not anything. Places have cracked down on it, but I think that people still do that. Yeah, it was weird to see that person answering phones and vaping. So it was crazy to me to see that in the wild.
Speaker 6: So one time Travis and I went to a casino and he says when he gambles, he likes to like bape, right, And I'm like.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, whatever is it like banana pancakes?
Speaker 5: Probably? Okay.
Speaker 6: So, so dude has a vape and I'm already kind of looking at him different because but we're in he's sitting, he's gambling's drinking whatever.
Speaker 5: Dude, do your own thing.
Speaker 6: But the vape tried to leave the casino with us, like we're on the road now, we're leaving, and he's like, I'm we're like ripping.
Speaker 5: A vape in the car and I'm like, dude doing and he's.
Speaker 1: Like vaping fish.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, I'm like, no, you don't.
Speaker 16: You don't.
Speaker 5: I'm not with someone who bapes.
Speaker 3: Like a point.
Speaker 6: I like casinos, casino, Travis, that's your business, okay, but like take home Travis, like take home with me.
Speaker 5: Travis doesn't vape.
Speaker 1: But is it like opening up a can of soda and you want to finish the soda, you have to either finish your vapor. I don't care.
Speaker 8: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Like I still got half a vape here, like half a pen and you know what else?
Speaker 5: Golf course traps. We were on golf course one of the girls that we were, one of our friends, she like rips on a vape and I see Travis, you know, just like whip his little head around and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, can you ask for someone to mouth that thing? Like, hey, can I some of that vabe?
Speaker 6: I think, yeah, I think the vaping community is like a It's like a marijuana situation.
Speaker 1: You pass it around, yeah, you don't like wipe it on your shoulder, And I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was like, I just looked at him.
Speaker 1: Marijuana daves too.
Speaker 5: You guys are vaping.
Speaker 1: So cigarettes, chewing tobacco, and vaping is now dropped right around twenty percent. All I could find were some quick smoking numbers. In nineteen seventy six, high school seniors twenty eight almost twenty nine percent smoked. Okay, I don't think there was vaping back then. And this isn't even the chewing tobacco. This was just smoking. Can you imagine almost one third of high school seniors were smoking in nineteen seventy six. That's wild to me, crazy, that's wild to me. Seventeen percent smoked in nineteen ninety two, then it went back up again in ninety seven, twenty four percent. We're smoking daily in nineteen ninety seven. This was just high school seniors. Wow, listen, I'm glad these numbers are down. It makes me happy. I can't even imagine my kid talking to me about smoking or any of that. Teams don't do it. Don't do it. Look how cool I am. Okay, I never did it. I'm awesome. Be awesome like me. Rob Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz.
Speaker 14: Twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us have ever met.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, ninety four or five for five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Nirvana. I'm getting blown up here, getting blown up over here. Carolina loves her some Dynamo. The Dynamo just won their last home game the other day, Oh yeah, versus a Galaxy last minute, and are now going to the playoffs. We got to support all of our Houston teams. Please give them a shout out and support them. They will be going against Seattle Sounders on Monday, October twenty eighth in Seattle, then at home on Sunday, November three for the first round, best of three series. Please encourage everyone to support them. Love Carolina Cruz longtime rob Ryan Schofan she's been listening to the seven years and she's a huge Dynamo supporter, so she's like, yeah, just give some love to the Dynamo.
Speaker 6: There's a sellout crowd on that Galaxy game. I heard it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, they sold out, They sold out. Awesome.
Speaker 4: Are three to two.
Speaker 1: Dynamo, Go Dynamo.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten.
Speaker 1: AM, The Buzz, I need four or five the buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show and played some Jelly Roll audio yesterday on the show. He got a little pitchy, a little pitchy, little pitchy. During the uh he was singing Mama, I'm coming home in front of Ozzie, in front of the world.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 1: Karen sent me Share.
Speaker 2: Share.
Speaker 1: The monitors must not have been working at the At the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, it was like the singers couldn't hear themselves. Because I think Share can still sing, and we know Jelly can sing. I'm going to chalk it up to the earpieces the monitors. I'm going to talk it up to something that they the performers just couldn't hear that well. Share sounded really bad.
Speaker 6: Really Okay, so yet she can still sing and jelly roll.
Speaker 5: I've never heard him sound that bad. So that was like concerning. And I know he's like on his health journey and getting so and stuff. So I don't think it was like drunk or anything.
Speaker 1: Now, I definitely chalk that up to not the talent's faults. Okay, I still haven't gotten around four and a half hours. It might be close closer to five on Disney right now. The Rock and Will Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Dang, yeah, clot. I mean, I'm a music guy. I love that stuff. That's too much part of the cloudy skies today. Hya eighty six Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 6: So early voting started yesterday in our area here in Houston, and hundreds of people around the city were, you know, lining up, everyone trying to be the first to cast their ballot or maybe just get it over with.
Speaker 5: The Woodlands had some long lines.
Speaker 6: I saw the West Grave Multi Service Center the doors open at seven am and there were about fifteen to sixty people standing in line to vote. You said you saw some of these lines on the news, but yeah, can confirm people were out there are not only people voting, but like all those campaign workers that.
Speaker 1: Have like you know, you have, God bless them. Yeah, yeahs.
Speaker 5: I mean people that are really really.
Speaker 1: But it's usually people tired. They're into it. They seem like they're into it there where I go vote, So I'm not standing in line. I feel it's important to vote. I will vote, of course, I'm not standing in those crazy lines, though. I want to early vote because you can only imagine what the regular day is going to be nuts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, election day is exactly two weeks from today. Okay, so there's your timeline. You have two weeks to get it done.
Speaker 13: Rod.
Speaker 1: Thursday, I'm gonna go out. Don't tell you, but I'm going to go on Thursday.
Speaker 5: That's the day.
Speaker 1: Nobody go vote On Thursday.
Speaker 6: Vice President Harris and former President Trump are both hitting key swing states. Harris has stops in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, while Trump is in North Carolina for the second day straight.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's what's going on there.
Speaker 6: I also wanted to talk about Diddy because last or yesterday, even more people came forward and Diddy is getting sued for sexual assault. One of the new accusers is says she was only thirteen years old when she was assaulted at an after party following the two thousand MTV Video Music Awards.
Speaker 5: Now here's something interesting.
Speaker 6: Is that there she's accusing Diddy of coming in with two celebrities, a man and a woman who have not been publicly identified. She says she drank something that made her woozy, she went into this bedroom to lie down, and that's when the assault happened. She says Diddy partook the other two that watch while it happened.
Speaker 5: Really really hateous stuff. Guys.
Speaker 6: There are also three accusers who say they were assaulted as recently as twenty twenty two, and another whose assault dates all the way back to Memorial Day weekend of twenty fourteen.
Speaker 5: So new Diddy revelations, and they are not good. It is really really disturbing.
Speaker 1: Are you surprised? Are you surprised that we don't have other names yet? Again, you just did a story that two people involved and knew about this that maybe we're watching it or whatever. How would we not have any of these other names yet? Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 6: I feel like, if it is a court document, like maybe if the names are if the names are leaked, like maybe those people can't be charged to the full extent of the law or something, do you know what I mean? So, like, if it's leaked, then these cases can be thrown out. Hey, like appeals court, Well my name was leaked, I wasn't charged, I wasn't given my rights, you know what I mean? Like, maybe it's being kept under wraps because they're.
Speaker 5: Like, Okay, well we know this, well, now we're going to go after these people next.
Speaker 6: And when it comes to the charging people, you have to do it by the book or they are going to find a loophole.
Speaker 5: They're so rich they will get away with it.
Speaker 1: And let's say what we're not saying. Everyone's waiting to see if Jay Z or j Low are mentioned. Yeah, those are the two names, right, those are the two biggest names that you're wondering that those they have the most to.
Speaker 5: Lose probably, Yeah, So, I mean I imagined.
Speaker 1: John Legend would be a pretty big name.
Speaker 6: Was he there?
Speaker 1: They always hang out.
Speaker 5: Everyone was at these parties.
Speaker 6: Okay, No one wants to keep changing the clocks twice a year, and yet it is still around the corner. Daylight saving time is about eleven days away. Well, people reportedly start dreading the end.
Speaker 5: Of daylight saving times about eleven days before it takes effect. But that's tomorrow, so people start starting tomorrow.
Speaker 6: We're gonna just feel that existential dread about the clock time.
Speaker 1: If you can worry about daylight savings.
Speaker 5: Forty percent of people admit they feel that sense of dread.
Speaker 1: How you worry about shopping car.
Speaker 6: The main issue is that it can bring on sunlight blues. The sunlight is important for mental health.
Speaker 1: It just is I need to see it.
Speaker 5: We need to see it.
Speaker 6: And because it starts becoming dark by the time many people are getting off work, it gets depressing.
Speaker 1: I can't get over in alex I can't windows dark. I don't complain about it as much as I used to, but it's something that I absolutely.
Speaker 8: I know it.
Speaker 1: Thanks well, listen, we used to have red pistachios. We don't. We no longer have red pistachios. We can change.
Speaker 3: We'll chuje.
Speaker 1: Then that was a rocky movie. We could old change.
Speaker 15: I like it.
Speaker 6: Pink cocaine is a mixture of drugs that generally includes meth ketamine and molly. Why am I telling you what pink cocaine is because it was one of several drugs found in Liam Payne's system when he died. Police also found and improvised aluminum pipe in his hotel room. Local comps are reportedly investigating a hotel employee for possibly giving Liam the drugs. I saw that his girlfriend made a public appearance for the first time yesterday. Liam's autopsy isn't complete. His body is still in Argentina, I mean, and on a related note, just as morbid though Liam's death has been sending one direction songs.
Speaker 5: To multiple streams.
Speaker 6: Zero point seven monthly listeners on Spotify before his death and now.
Speaker 5: It's at nearly eight million dollars.
Speaker 6: So Wendy used to have forty two point four million monthly listeners on Spotify and now they're up to fifty million. Jakie Lee, former guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne, was shot three times earlier this month, and we talked about it maybe being like a random attack, but now he is sharing more information about it. He said two mass thieves were near his neighbor's motorcycle and that there was a verbal confrontation and they both agreed. Both parties agreed like Okay, I'm going to walk this way. You walked the other, but it didn't work out. He was shot in the forum, the foot and the back. He's got a broken rib, he's got broken ribs, he's got lung damage. And then he thanked his fans in the medical sa saying, you know, I'm recovering at home and he'll talk in more detail about it later.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: Before you ask, Jakie lee Is on this song shot in the Dark. I was going to ask, so I'm glad you told me on the tip of his tongue. Let's go on.
Speaker 8: In sports, we had a money Night football double header last night. The Ravens beat the Buccaneers forty one to thirty one. Lamar Jackson threw five touchdowns in that game, and the Cardinals got by the Chargers seventeen to fifteen on a game winning field goal as time expired. On the sports blog page today, Jason Kelsey was at a Taylor Swift show with his family nice and he fell asleep in his seat, and then who took pictures of it?
Speaker 1: And then the internet is not happy with him for going to a Taylor Swift show that a lot of people would have spent good money for. He's seen it eighty seven times, sister.
Speaker 5: In law, he's allowed to fall asleep.
Speaker 1: Sure, show you go see the photo of the internet is mad over. Oh great, you're wear in that outfit? Now, great, you're taking away from a fan, Jason. You could have just given that to some random person that would have hung out with your kids. Thank you for that. Kelsey update.
Speaker 8: Basketball Rockets are going to open up the regular season tomorrow night. They'll host the Hornets at the Toyota Center. Vegas has Rockets win total this season at forty three and a half. That what's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: You should just start to remembered that the Kelsey's were at P Diddy's house. All right for all the parties. I'll get on the Twitter right now.
Speaker 3: I can do that.
Speaker 1: Done, see you right time. Okay.
Speaker 2: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz pat part of the show people ninety four five buzz. It's fuel and hemorrhage in my hands. Rob Ryan Show on a tap Tuesday. I have not had a chance to get over there. I'm so concerned with the what's your favorite nuts? Are we gotta pull question of this morning? What's your favorite nut? What is your favorite nut? Let's see how we talk talking nuts. Everybody's giving me a hard time to like Rod don't you happen? Don't you listen to the fun facts You told us during fun Facts one time that peanuts weren't nuts, they were lagoons. Cashoes are the number one nut right now for the Rod Ryan Show listeners.
Speaker 8: Cashoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Holmans in at number two. Cashoes are killing it man. Forty four percent of you say cashoes are your favorite nut.
Speaker 21: Oh yeah, Almonds in it nineteen percent, My cashew jersey on, pea cans at thirteen percent, pistachios eleven, peanuts at nine, walnuts finally from the basement up to two percent, and other finally.
Speaker 5: Something for me. The people get it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cashoeses give you use pine nuts in any kind of cooking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what a good pesto, right, wonderful good pesto with pine nuts is nuts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, or just pine nuts as themselves.
Speaker 5: We're just toasted thrown on a salad in a salad.
Speaker 1: Oh, wonderful, delectable, but not my favorite. We're not naming every nut. Cashews are your favorite.
Speaker 6: I love cashi salted salted yeah. Yeah, also like cashew milk, cashew butter. You know some of these other nuts, they're making a case for themselves. You get almond milk, yeah, almond milk is.
Speaker 1: What we use in our house now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Exclusive, Yeah, we are exclusive almond milk. And you know what, it doesn't work as well for baking. You gotta buy real milk if you're gonna bake, if you're gonna make cookies or something like that.
Speaker 6: Well, I made corn bread last night and I used almond milk and it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah was it great though, because great would have been regular milk.
Speaker 5: Probably it was good enough for me.
Speaker 1: You're playing right into my head. I think it's I think all the baking stuff.
Speaker 5: I didn't feel like I was missing anything. I thought, this is great corn bread.
Speaker 1: Man. If I use whole milk, my life would have been just buttermilk.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 5: I had heavy whipping cream, and I said, don't do it.
Speaker 1: Fat heavy whipping cream.
Speaker 5: That would have been delectable, but I didn't. Alas, I'm here to talk about my health.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's Chili's favorite nut? Peanuts? It better be peanuts, or he's gonna say it's his least favorite nut. Because of the chili brown game. Chili brown, you know what I was just reminded of today, which put us smile on my face. I just kept it to myself, but now I'm going to share. I'd like to know somebody reminded me that. Now I'm smiling all over again. I'm smiling like I heard it for the first time. Chilly in that shower with a shower mitton on scrubbing is undercarriage, scrabbing his nuts. Sc somehow everybody gets Leprekaonnie.
Speaker 17: That's why they won't be salty scab ITTs scrabblings.
Speaker 1: Dude, you and that shower minton was one of my favorite things that happened in twenty twenty four. I'm not even prepared to give you my list on the year, but knowing that you're scrubbing down with a with a shower mitten was one of my favorite revelations about you, buddy. I've known you a long time. I've known you longer than everybody here.
Speaker 16: Well, I am glad that that was what you remember about me.
Speaker 1: I feel like I need to ask you everything when I die.
Speaker 16: That's what you've got to say on my funeral.
Speaker 1: Scrubbing his scabbing his nuts.
Speaker 16: It's funny because I do use Irish rings.
Speaker 1: Oh do you did we know that about chilid Irish spring. I also use Irish shower mittens.
Speaker 16: Yeah, thouts, Yeah, you got too many. What's your favorite nut?
Speaker 17: Man? I like those peanuts that know it, like the baseball peanuts, the bag, I knew it. I eat them at home, you know, I sit there and watch TV and eat them at home.
Speaker 16: You eat them at.
Speaker 1: Home, You're an animal.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I used to love going to Texas Roadhouse when they had them. But I heard that they took him out Chili lives after COVID. They took him house proper.
Speaker 1: You're talking about him like he brought like a wild animal in the house. He brought peanuts and shells.
Speaker 16: Dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like he brought a goat.
Speaker 5: He's going to clean him. He's probably just dropping them on the floor of his own house.
Speaker 1: Christina, this is miss Christina pre selling those.
Speaker 7: I do all.
Speaker 1: His mouth.
Speaker 16: She does play by bringing them over with a bag so I can put all this stuff in there.
Speaker 1: D schautmannuts, All right, Chili Brown's gonna be in studio with us. Okay, that's my guy right there. He's gonna be here reading for you to try to get you those pit tickets to Breaking Benjamin, Don't Go Anywhere.
Speaker 2: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or the Buzz rod Ryan Show. On this Tattuesday. Well, of course we're gonna celebrate Nut Day with Chili Brown reading from the Peanuts classic. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. We canna get some candy corn going on. All that fun stuff is all the way, So don't go anywhere. Partly Claude Skies today, Hi eighty six, what you go.
Speaker 6: The WNBA players have opted out of a collective bargaining agreement. They are opting out of a CBA with one year left before a potential work stoppage. They signed a historic the league self litening to historic eleven your media deal worth two hundred million a year. But the early offt doubt makes it really crucial for the league for them to kind of come to an agreement.
Speaker 1: They never have had more bargaining power than they do right now. It was the most successful WNBA season of.
Speaker 5: Altered attendance, record viewership one.
Speaker 1: If you're going to try to get you know, more money and more things than Yeah, you go for it.
Speaker 6: Now they're striking right now while the iron is hot. Yep, So that's a that's a big story right now.
Speaker 5: Also, you are looking at girls blog page is doing well. Was there some sort of Ariana Grande and Elvira beef going on? Like Elvira said that Ariana Gruenhande was like snotty to her.
Speaker 1: Here's the Sports Center edition please, I'm so glad you know this. So Elvira performs and she got a message from Ariana Grande, who she doesn't know, and said, hey, I'd like to bring my family out to meet you. Okay, so can I have twenty tickets? Plus me? Can I have twenty one tickets? Let's it's Ariana Grande. Okay, yeah, okay, okay, I'll give you twenty one tickets we'd like And she said, we'd like to come back and meet you. So she wants her mom to meet her and all these people right right, So Alvira accommodates, gets everybody back there and before Arianna leaves, because I don't think Arianna stays, she just gets all her family in there, and then Conna does the whole thing and then gets them in Elvira asked her for a photograph. Photograph, and Arianna says, I don't really do that, but why Alvira is taking a picture with all twenty of her guests.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she refused her the picture. Yeah, that's not okay, So that's what that's.
Speaker 1: That's kind of where I'll let you read the rest. But it's on the looking at girls blog pages. You know the tea's been going on that, you know, the tea going on a week all weekend.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, thank you Rod for that.
Speaker 6: Also, Martha Stewart says she would never do the Golden Bachelorette.
Speaker 5: And it's quite simple. Why the guys aren't hot enough. She likes them a little hotter, she likes them a little younger.
Speaker 1: She's not nice, nine years old.
Speaker 5: My future is bright. Every time I look at Martha Stewart, I realized this for myself.
Speaker 1: Trying the Golden Bachelorette testa. No, the guys aren't hot enough. The guys aren't hot enough.
Speaker 5: I'm about to be honest though.
Speaker 1: As I want those mitten scrubbed nuts in here.
Speaker 6: Well, you better call your boy, you better put some peanuts and trail and peanuts to the.
Speaker 1: Cereal Julie Brown. Everybody. You guys know how to play it. I need three of you to come on down for the Chili Brown game. He's going to be reading from It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, with a designated number of candy corn in his yepper, and.
Speaker 11: He's going to read for us, and then we will giggle, and then we will at least I will, at least I will, at least I will.
Speaker 1: I don't care if anybody else thinks it's funny. I laugh every time. So then you will guess how many candy corn are in his mouth when he did the reading. Three of you seven one, three two two five nine four five. Pretty good prize here pit tickets to go see Breaking Benjamin Stain Daughtry Thursday Night, so dial seven one three two one two five nine four five rod Ryan or Alive human or in human?
Speaker 9: Happy Halloween from The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four.
Speaker 1: To five, Yeah, ninety four five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, partly cloudy Skies, high of eighty six. I got eight thirty one. I hope you're where your need to be, because we know where I need to be. I need to be next to the sparkliest carriage in the building. And when I'm talking about carriage, I'm talking about the undercarriage. Chili Brown, everybody, Chili Brown, not Chili Sos.
Speaker 16: Is this getting warm? Is this the last game?
Speaker 1: Uh No, it's I mean it's it's warmer.
Speaker 5: It's not even close to the last game. As long as it started.
Speaker 1: As long as it stays sub ninety. Okay, that was every day sub ninety, We're gonna be good to go on this. All right, Chili Brown, everybody, National nut Day.
Speaker 16: I need the Hype nine's contract negotiator.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's see what we got here. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Who is this?
Speaker 21: Hey?
Speaker 8: Good one to ride?
Speaker 1: Good one and gag? All right, Dustin, welcome, Welcome to the Chili Brown Game. You're going to be bidding first, so you need to be listening extra careful when Chili starts doing his reading. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this.
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 1: Brittany? Good morning? This is Brittany h Brittany, Welcome to the Chili Brown Game. Thank you so good to me to have you on today. I gotta do is just listen to the Great Chili Brown reading from It's the Great Can Charlie Brown. And then last but not least, it's John. Hello, John, come on down and play the game with us. Great, all right, John, your he gets to go last, gets the bid last. Okay, here's how we played the game. I got Dustin, Brittany and John. They're listening. I can't wait. You know this is my favorite thing. All right, there we goes Chili Brown is uh is working on those candy corn There a predetermined number of candy corn has been put into the cup. More like, you know, I don't.
Speaker 5: That's what you get? What you get.
Speaker 1: He just spent a couple back out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not a pro like me.
Speaker 3: Go on, here we go.
Speaker 1: Who's picking the page? Alex, Let's go. Let's go ntee nineteen See okay, Chili Brown from It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, Chili Brown Page nineteen.
Speaker 22: Please Wall and action, Lie Wall the punkin park on sor of will.
Speaker 16: For work, Pumpkin. If only one tho I've been wearing a punkin path on the hillowing.
Speaker 1: Last one, we gotta runner secured.
Speaker 16: If only one tho, I've been wiling a punkin pants on Halloween.
Speaker 1: He's struggling, I had said, there was quazy. You're quazy, You're quazy, Patrick crazy.
Speaker 16: Three complaints, drink.
Speaker 1: One boom No, Yes, you're yelling take us home, don't you?
Speaker 16: From the punkin pegunk.
Speaker 8: Rather than that.
Speaker 1: The punkin peg righting in the scales, so it tries a good bunking gutty thing. Read no book, listen. That was one page. I don't think Schroeder was in there.
Speaker 5: No Schroder.
Speaker 1: Yes, I heard ye headead in the.
Speaker 16: No idea.
Speaker 1: Somebody was quasy. Yeah, somebody was acting quazy again.
Speaker 5: That was crazy.
Speaker 1: That was my goodness. That was well done, buddy, well done. Yeah, do your son. Everyone listen to them. That's one of the best reads ever. That's by far one of the best reads we've ever had on the game. Cool good Okay, Dustin was listening, Hey Dustin, good morning, Hey, good morning. How How how many candy corn? We're in Chili's mouth? Man, I gotta say him on the end of my seat here, kind I'm going to hear what happens to neck? Yeah, me too.
Speaker 16: Sounds like a lot of candy corn.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna get twenty three pieces twenty three pieces of candy corn.
Speaker 3: All right, crazy.
Speaker 1: All right, good hang in there, Dustin. Let's come with Brittany. Hi, Brittany, Hey, I mean you heard it. Chili Brown? How many candy corn that he? Page nineteen was the best page? How many candy corn in his mouth that reading?
Speaker 17: I think you had a crazy amount of thirty.
Speaker 1: Two crazy thirty two thirty two candy corn? Okay, all right, I don't know if these are good guesses or not. Hey, John, good morning, Good morning, Good morning John. Okay, I've got a bid of twenty three. I've got a bid of thirty two. The person that comes closes without going over will be the winner today on the Chili Brown game. How many candy corn in Chili Brown's mouth during that reading?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with thirty four thirty four?
Speaker 5: Hmm okay, so everyone like one up to the last person.
Speaker 1: I got twenty three thirty two and thirty four actual candy corn in chili's mouth.
Speaker 3: Forty eight.
Speaker 1: Eighty corn. That's a lot, budy thirty four.
Speaker 5: I wonder you sounded all crazy.
Speaker 1: Crazy queen. That is crazy, John, You're the winner today.
Speaker 6: What are you giving John, John, I'm gonna give you a pair of pit tickets to see breaking measurement in stain. They're playing this Thursday night at Willdan's Pavilion with special guest Daughtry.
Speaker 5: You win the Chile.
Speaker 1: Stretch me out.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you're disgusting.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Yeah, but you're thinking Chili. That was absolutely wonderful.
Speaker 9: This is the Wrong Ryan Show this November three.
Speaker 15: The clock strikes two am and keeps going backwards.
Speaker 1: What will you do with your extra sixty minutes.
Speaker 15: Sleep or face the terrifying truth you're still late for work. Daylight Saving time fall back coming to clocks near you out Freking.
Speaker 2: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning. Rod Ryan's Show brought the Claudi's Guys low chances of rain highs of around eighty six today. Next hour Alternative income chance to one one thousand dollars. We still have yet to get a local winner for that. And then the iHeartRadio Alter Ego Festival. That's our big show with the great lineup. We had a winner yesterday. Out of this national contest. We had a winner yesterday. Teresa has had two winners so far, so it's the most we've ever done. I'm looking for one of you guys to get in on this thing. Alex is gonna hit that at around nine to twenty. Around nine twenty five is when you got a chance to get into I would love to spend every one of you. I send every one of you guys out to the iHeart Alter Ego Festival. We'll leave you with some Renfest tickets at the.
Speaker 4: End of the hour.
Speaker 1: But right now, you gotta find out what's going on in the world. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gonna start with the National Travel Safety Board. They say the helicopter that crashed into a Houston radio tower on Sunday night was on an air tour flight when the accident occurred.
Speaker 5: A child was among the victims.
Speaker 6: The wreckage is a complex scene, according to investigators, so they're being meticulous in how they approach it. The helicopter struck the tower just before eight pm local time and brought it down.
Speaker 5: No one was injured on the ground.
Speaker 6: Election Day is just two weeks from today, and the presidential candidates are hitting key swing states. Vice President Harris Mate stops in Michigan, Wisconsin, in Pennsylvania yesterday. Former President Trump toward hurricane damage in Ashville, North Carolina, and he'll.
Speaker 5: Be in Greensboro today.
Speaker 6: Also, early voting started for Harris County yesterday and the lines actually Harris County at one point was trending on the X this morning. Texas is showing up in numbers. It's a first day of early voting and it's packed. Houstonians are I guess jazzed about voting are if you're looking at all these videos, like, Wow, Harris County really really showing up big. I also wanted to mention that there is a big bond here.
Speaker 5: Let me, I don't want to get I don't want to get this wrong.
Speaker 6: So there is a four billion dollar, four point four billion dollar bond proposal from Houston ISD that's going to be on the ballot. The bond proposal has two separate propositions. Prop A asked voters to approve the issues of that nearly four billion dollars in bonds to deal with critical needs in hisd's infrastructure. Neither and then b would be to upgrade technology in HISD schools. The bond issue would be the school districts first in twelve years, but it would also be the largest in Texas history. So that's one of the things what I recommend is for people, you can go get a sample ballot. Have you ever showed up to the ballot and you're like, what am I voting on? Like there's all these propositions, there's all these judges, like, there's all these things to do.
Speaker 5: You can go get a sample that.
Speaker 6: At Harris votes dot org and I will actually share that link on the X. Okay, if you want to get familiar with it, or just show up and be a little bit more informed than you normally would be. I've totally showed up and be like, I don't I don't know what I'm voting on right now, so I just stick to the bigger elections.
Speaker 1: I get a little intro for you on this one.
Speaker 7: Please all alone and there's no one home and you've got nothing to do, don't despair.
Speaker 1: Just pull up a chair.
Speaker 3: Here is what you do.
Speaker 20: Bust, grab a bag of corn nuts and busting lightly toast.
Speaker 1: And joy yourself.
Speaker 3: We won't tell.
Speaker 6: National Nut Day say they're lightly toasted and hard as hell.
Speaker 1: Well I didn't get that part of this. Yeah, I'm still caught up with When you're all alone, pull up a chair and bust a nuts. We won't tell.
Speaker 5: Okay, actually talking about the song.
Speaker 6: Is ridiculous, but actually talking about the product, the chili conterer, the chili lime corn nuts are delectable, the one of the yellow bag.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you have tea delous, how you have teeth. It's like chewing on pebbles.
Speaker 5: And my stomach is like built from steel. Because Rocks.
Speaker 6: Someone got me a big bag of hot Cheetos for my birthday. Rod, I've been eating a handful every single day.
Speaker 5: It's like a fourteen years. I've been so happy lately.
Speaker 1: Like a toothless fourteen year old.
Speaker 6: Okay, As Rod had mentioned with his song, today is national in that day and a lot of people would be interested in celebrating. According to one pole, eighty eight percent of people say they like nuts, while just forty well just four percent say they hate them. We are voting on a pole on links and guests, what are our favorite nuts? So do you have a voting in front of you?
Speaker 1: I do cashows by a mile, cashoes by a mile. Forty one percent of our audience say cashews are their favorite. Almonds almonds at eighteen percent, pea cans at thirteen percent, pastachios, pistachios at eleven, peanuts at nine other, and walnuts in the basement. There's only one hundred and thirty votes. Nobody cares. Nobody cares that it's nut Day. Who's covering Nut Day more than us?
Speaker 5: These people are covering.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're trying to get a d'se.
Speaker 6: Nuts joke in there, barely, Okay, God, What I'm really doing is trying to find the perfect horror movie for you, Rod, because when you're picking a horror movie, you should probably be picking the one that best aligns with your zodiac sign. Thankfully, I have this article that says which flick will be the most appropriate for you, a virgo.
Speaker 1: This is coming from somebody that believes what's inside that fortune cookie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so go ahead, yours Virgo Rod. You, since you're ruled by Mercury, the planet of communication.
Speaker 1: In exchange, you gotta charge my Mercury.
Speaker 5: The Shining is going to be the way for you.
Speaker 1: That's the one for me.
Speaker 5: The Shining is going to be your horror movie to watch this season.
Speaker 1: I'm shiny uh no, because I had is you.
Speaker 6: Virgos are prone to prioritize the grind over the word to joy or the word to joy. So basically, all work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy. Also, Stephen King is a virgo. So you guys are you're lining up there?
Speaker 1: Really, we're just gonna go with the director's birthday.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Pisces are precious.
Speaker 6: Precious, Alex Priests a nightmare on Elm Street.
Speaker 5: Pisces. You are ruled by the twelfth House.
Speaker 6: Of Dreams and the unconscious mind, which makes this match a no brainer. Also, Pisces is the most common zodiac sign amongst serial killers like Freddy Krueger.
Speaker 5: So you see how you're aligned. You're aligned?
Speaker 1: There, you are sales. Let's go hold on.
Speaker 6: Chili's is bram Stoker's Dracula, and mine is yet out and mine.
Speaker 5: Is get out? Okay, let's chok Really, yours is get out?
Speaker 1: Ye get out?
Speaker 5: That's why okay.
Speaker 6: Judas Priests posted on their Instagram to notify everyone with an update. It says Judas Priests and Vincible Shield Tour with Special Guests Sabatan October two, tenty second. It's Smart Financial Center here in sugar Land is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances. They say, it's been canceled and refunds will be available at the point of purchase. But if you purchase from a third party reseller take it Master, stub Hub, seat Ge, Vivid Seats, you got to reach out to your point of purchase. They say if you have any additional questions, they have a service center line.
Speaker 5: This is on the music blog page.
Speaker 6: So if you need that number, if you need that email, it's all on the music blog page. We'll send you a link to their post about the show being canceled.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out why. We just don't know right now. Yes, eventually it'll come out. Something happened. I hope it's not you know, hope family members, Hope everybody's okay. I hope everybody's well. They'll let us know when we need to know.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston sadlines.
Speaker 1: Take it Alex.
Speaker 8: We had a Monday night football double header last night. The Ravens beat the Buccaneers forty one to thirty one. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson through for five touchdowns in that game, and the Cardinals got by the Chargers seventeen to fifteen on a last second game winning field goal as time expired.
Speaker 1: Basketball.
Speaker 8: We have the Rockets opening up the other season Tomorrow night. They're gonna host the Hornets at the Toyota Center. Vegas has the Rockets win total at at forty three and a half for this season. I'm I'm thinking they're gonna go way over on that one. Make the offs have a nice little run. But that's what's going on in sports. Hey, thanks bro, Well appreciated Alex.
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers picking his nose on links and guests pretty great too. It's pretty awesome that got its own block pase yes.
Speaker 19: And he ate it Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Whipping.
Speaker 4: Out the Bush.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the ninth spot. Everybody, chance to win some alternative income is coming up in just a little bit. Keep it right here. Let's rite a shot of one thousand dollars and then a shot at the iHeart Alter Ego fest that's coming up after the break. Alex is good. Hit that at around nine twenty five, maybe a little before Partney Claude Skuy's ten percent chance of rain high eighty six. I don't know what it was about Chili's reading. Today, people are saying that was the best round of the Chili Brown game ever.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I thought it was one of the all time greats.
Speaker 1: I thought it was one of the all time greats. And you know what, maybe the last two weeks I have filmed him, meaning I had the video, I had my camera out. Yeah, I didn't do that today, And I don't know if that brought something out of him. Yeah, but his reading was just different today, And I am so mad at myself that I didn't capture it on video. Or is that the reason that it was so good he didn't have a phone in his face. I can't determine. I don't know. I don't know what that is. Yeah, great job, Chili Brown. I absolutely loved it today. Now, one of the things that gets us in trouble the most on this show is what talking about anything superheroes in the superhero world. So that's why I'm going to talk about it, okaycause we're all such experts at it. I have a question I answers for you, buddy. Well, I don't think anybody here should answer. I'm just going to I'm going to ask the question, and then maybe we should just leave it to our listeners. No answer. Men's Health just did a ranking of the actors that have played the Joker. Now, this latest Joker film is just dying a slow death out there in the theaters right now. Yeah, So I thought it was interesting to look back at all the actors that have played the role. Men's Health looked at the performers from film, television, animation, and they came up with their rankings best to worst. I think everybody universally agrees, except for the guy that's going to email me, Heath Ledger, Dark Knight. That is as good as it's going to get for the Joker, right, Well, I know your hot take will be probably the Lego back mind, Mark Hamill, Yeah, yeah, it was the cartoon one, Yeah, animated Batman, the animated series. So and then Jared Leto he Jared Letto's last on this list, Suicide Squad the best, He's last, Heath Ledger in it one, Yeah, Jatigo, Heath Jack Nicholson, who's an Academy Award winner, a three time Academy Award winner, but he didn't win for The Batman or Batman in nineteen eighty nine, but he played the Joker. That's in at number two. There you go. There's Mark Hamill, Alan Tudic from Harley Quinn animated at four, Zach Gallifanakis, the Lego Batman. Okay, then Joaquin Phoenix. Wow, I thought I didn't. Is this second one killing him in this rankings? He was great in that first Joker movie? He was awesome. How many spots did he lose on the Joker list for putting out this one with Lady Gaga?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I mean he must have. Just do you destroy what he did in the first movie and just drop him off the list? I know?
Speaker 16: Wow?
Speaker 1: Jaqueo would just like to see the world burn. Joaquin Phoenix at number six, Sesar Romero. That's the old TV Batman, the Fox TV series Gotham, Cameron Monaghan and then Jared Leto Dead Last Suicide Squad his Jared his and again an Academy Award winner playing Joker. He had two of those names, Heath Ledger and Joaquin Phoenix won a damn Academy Award for his Joaquin Phoenix won the Academy Award for his Joker. And you're telling me that the Lego Batman was better that's what I'm saying. It's this new one that's killing. Have you seen Lego Batman is God? No, we haven't and we're not going to. I did see a lot. Yeah, it is a great film. I tried to get my kid into it. She was not into it at all, not into the Lego movie. I could not get her into it. You know, she doesn't like Toy Story. It's the best.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 1: She's like you, which makes me nuts. If I I thought you loved me, not if I push something, she goes the opposite way. Aunt Sue wants her to love Nemo like Aunt Sue loves Finding Nemo, And because of that, my kid goes the opposite direction. I hate Nemo. It sounds like a little you. It's inferre. It drives me nuts. I know, I know my brain works that way.
Speaker 8: So with my daughter, I'm like gonna try and be like, I'm not gonna make you watchful, but hey, footballs is on, I'm gonna go in the other I'm gonna go over here, right.
Speaker 1: Well, that's crazy that none of the other channels work. Don't worry. When your kid becomes of age, she will out alex you. Okay, I promise you that I can't. I promise you that she's smarter than me because she's your mom. So right, that fine, Well, there you go. That's the uh. That's the ranked actors who have played the Joker. See we talk about superhero stuff.
Speaker 14: Ninety four or five The Buzz. That's your chance now to win one thousand dollars. Answer this nationwide g word on our website.
Speaker 23: Deposit that's deposit and right now at the Buzz dot com for your shot. Had one thousand dollars an alternative income from ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 2: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The Buzz ninety.
Speaker 1: Four, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, we're gonna let Alex do his thing, and then a chance to get into the Alter Ego Festival, yes which we had a winner yesterday. I'll dig up her email because she said she already contacted me and said, Ron, is this real that I win? I was contacted by iHeart. I'm like, yeah, you won. Your name was drawn nationally. So cool. I hope, I hope it's you listening to the radio coming up that wins Alex Online it's Alex Online ninety four five The Muzz.
Speaker 8: Do your Thing, got a celebrity face smash up for you today. You can be looking at a bunch of different popular celebrities right now that had their faces matched together by photoshop, and you're gonna have to see what combination of celebrities you guys.
Speaker 1: Sa Green a Carpenter with Selena Gomez?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: Timothy Shallomet with Chapel Roan?
Speaker 17: Is it?
Speaker 8: Taylor Swift with Finn Wolf Pard. You gotta figure all this stuff out, Tessa. You got to do all this stuff on your own. But you can check it out and see if you can unmashed up celebrity faces at the onld pimage rod ryanshowpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's what we've been talking about.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 1: Your chance of a drip to.
Speaker 2: Our iHeartRadio Alter Ego text the nationwide g word music the number two hundred two hundred.
Speaker 1: You'll get a confirmation text and info.
Speaker 14: Standard data and message rates apply in this nationwide contest.
Speaker 2: That's Music's at two hundred two hundred.
Speaker 14: The Rod Ryan Show celebrating twenty years on ninety four.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, it's our friends, shine down. These are your friends here, rod Ryan Show. On a tattooesday. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. A little warmer than i'd like today. High of eighty six, that's okay, partly Claudi skies with low chances of rain. Happy early voting everyone, a lot of animals out there. Yesterday, on the very first day, I did mention that the news stations testing notes this, the news stations are going to try to find the busiest place and they're going to shoot from there.
Speaker 5: You got to go where the action is, wherever they were out shooting.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what filming? You're crazy standing in those lines for early voting. Early voting is supposed to be that, like, maybe.
Speaker 5: You're doing it so you can get on TV.
Speaker 1: Maybe so maybe maybe.
Speaker 5: So be a good ploy if you want to get famous.
Speaker 1: I did that one time in my life.
Speaker 5: What get like try to be in the background.
Speaker 1: I was in the Buffalo Airport, Okay, and I think I was. My sister had dropped me off and I noticed that my flight it was Christmas coming home from Christmas, Okay, TV cameras are up blizzard, you know, the whole thing. And I'm on the phone with my sister and I said, I'm about to get on TV. They weren't even filming at the time. I just went over by where the trucklehead was with the camera and everything, and I just said, yeah, man, I can't believe it. Don't think I'm gonna get to Houston today. I started like talking really loud. I'm like, damn it, let me call you back. I'll figure this out. I don't know. I need to be in Houston. This is really really setting me back. I need to get out today, sir, I'll call you back. Click. I slowly, the slowest walk away ever and I get tapped on the shoulder, sir, can would you like to come on camera with us? Are you are you stranded here?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Yes, I am. I would love to talk on your cameras. So are you nice and ornery? Right now? Please have an interview with us. It was the easiest fishing I've ever experienced. I just threw my line out there. Oh yeah, boom. I just assumed if you just take your shirt off and go stand out like this guy. Yeah, that is that's our guy. Well all right, well, that's that jelly Roll you had talked about, jelly Roll saying I'm out of X. I'm off Twitter. Everybody's running with the story E News that I follow on Instagram. Yeah, two hours ago put out jelly Roll says he is done with X.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He says it's a place for victrol. Okay, so yesterday hy ALEX loves it. I'm sorry. Two days ago October twenty so E News just put this on their Instagram today. This was two days ago. Jelly Roll tweets out, this is for sure the most toxic negative app to ever exist period. Lol. This place is different, man. I always heard it was the Wild West on here, but man, it's insane. It's a safe place for everyone to say mean s to each other with no consequences. I'm out lol. That was on October twentieth. Nine hours later, October twenty first jelly Roll on the X I'm so excited to finally bring the beautifully Broken toward to Nashville. On eleven twenty six, it's my first time back in Bridgestone blah blah blah, blah blah. Nine hours later, he was promoting. Nine hours I'm sure his minion was promoting, but you don't get to go back on it. If you're already off it, you can't promote on it. How big is e news that two hours ago are talking about Jelly Roll leaving Twitter. Nine hours later yesterday he was back on there.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go tweet vitrol the for promotional purposes.
Speaker 9: Okay, no.
Speaker 5: Reading ads and comments and things like that.
Speaker 8: You gotta get a say some vitriol. Every time you see him post promotional.
Speaker 1: Thing, you thought this is what it is? It is. Jelly's not wrong.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 1: Twitter is the meanest one. Yeah, dude, that's why I love it.
Speaker 5: It's not for the week.
Speaker 1: You can make it there. You can make it anywhere, do you.
Speaker 5: It's like New York City.
Speaker 1: Twitter is absolutely and well, he's not wrong. It's the wild West. But I thought he was raised in the wild West.
Speaker 15: Dude.
Speaker 1: He ain't scared nothing.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: You know what I think this is? Well, he's kind of a little baby.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: I think this is the performance that we talked about with the Hassie. I think people were blowing them up. Oh yeah, And I think I mean, what else are they hitting up Jelly right now? He's got the number one helm in the country. He's got the number one helm, all those special guests and everything. It was that Azzie performance. I'm guessing I don't live on Twitter.
Speaker 5: Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
Speaker 6: If you can accept all of these awards and you can, you know, do all these things and everyone's singing your praises and it's all fine, and it's all fine and dandy. When you you know, when you strike a chord with people that like, you're not hitting your notes and people.
Speaker 1: Tell you about it.
Speaker 6: You know, heavy is the head that wears a cred that comes with it all the compliments and everything that you get when you do well, you get them, but also people are gonna call you out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and especially on Twitter.
Speaker 1: And this is just my rule, right, this is what I've always said. I've told everybody on the show this too. I know nobody listens to me. If there's a picture of me on our Instagram, I'll go, I'll look at the like, whatever the five comments I can see, if it's cool done, do not scroll, Okay, because the next one that you the next one that you can't see, it's like, oh to those shorts coming mends too.
Speaker 5: I mean, right, you know.
Speaker 1: It's like, dude, what's going on with your knees? I can see people's faces in your kneecaps. It's just don't go past. If you see five nice things, don't scroll right. Just leave it right, or what are you gonna do? Get in a fight with everybody Like Alex?
Speaker 8: You go and you remember, Okay, let me write this guy's name down. Oh, twentieth anniversary tickets.
Speaker 1: You really need those? Last second? Guess why you're not? Oh my god, huh. I didn't really ever do that, but I do. I won't forget, all right, people don't forget. Alex doesn't forget. Forget. I will forget. I don't come on the rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety.
Speaker 8: Four five the buzz.
Speaker 1: I need four or five the buzz. Yeah, good morning, rod Ryan's show to sturve down with the sickness. I don't think that I made it over to the tatt Tuesday today. My bad, my bad. I'll get over there. I am working with deb a little bit this morning from b MP Brand Management Professionals. They do all of our printing. They run the store for us. I'm talking about the Boos Rock store. Rod Ryan shokeres Foundation. We're still fundraising, guys. I'm not beating you beating you up nearly enough to please get into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Something coming this week, a new shirt which's got a really interesting story behind it. It's gonna be fun. I'm excited about it. We've never done anything like this before. Don't worry. I'm not waiting on a match day or anything like that. So if you want to go shopping today, you absolutely can. But there is something special coming soon this week. For sure. It's Tuesday, it's early. I'm shooting for Thursday to get something up in the store. But man, I'd love for you to go take a look. I really would. So that's on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzzdock. Over the past six months, job, everybody smoke this number here? Hang on, oh, I don't want that. I'm sorry. I had the wrong page pulled up. I got you, Alan's I got you Boo. He's on Twitter's yelling at people, not yelling in all caps. You're on jelly, great job, Jelly. No, it's all negative over the a assle. Over the past six months, Americans have spent an average of one hundred and thirty six dollars shopping on social media? How influenced are you by some of the things that come across on your Facebook feed? There's advertising all the time. You click on one pair of panties, that's it. Those panties are showing up about every fifth or six or sixth post down.
Speaker 6: I have a couple of things in my TikTok cart. I haven't purchased them yet, but I have. I have bought something on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Have you smoked one hundred and thirty six dollars in six months on buying things off of specifically off of social media?
Speaker 5: If I press cart like shop, yes, but no, no, no, No, I haven't, I haven't.
Speaker 1: You haven't I have not really have not? You The Facebook ads get you, and they get Alex too. They don't anymore. Stop. Well, have you spent one hundred and thirty six dollars in the last six months on social media purchases?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Like things that came through via social media only.
Speaker 8: No, I have not, really the last if you had asked me six months prior to that, yes, like pretty much since I right before my daughter, I was like, I'm not going I can't.
Speaker 1: Just buy this down stuff anymore. All my money's going elsewhere now, Oh yeah.
Speaker 8: What I'll do is I screened shot it, and then I save it in a folder, and then for christmasins somebody's like, hey, Alex, what do you want for Christmas? I'm like, here's this thing. Yeah, and then I've already done Christmas shoping for everybody.
Speaker 1: So like you're helping, You're helping me get my gifts. But now people aren't people. You never told me what you want. Now here you go, there's a picture of it. I for sure I've spent more than one hundred and thirty six dollars over the past six months. Damn it Does that.
Speaker 8: Count if you go to the website, but you saw it on social media, not that you click right through it.
Speaker 1: If social media got you there. If social media got you there, yeah, then that's it. Then that's the hook right there. So Chili is Chili buy stuff online?
Speaker 5: I think so, not as much as Alex.
Speaker 1: Chili shops local. I like that about him. I build my things local guy. Hmmm, craftsman Alix sows all his own T shirts. Now, Chilie, So you have spent I'm saying you have spent more than one hundred and thirty six dollars shopping on things you found that have come up on social media in the past six months.
Speaker 16: Probably close to it.
Speaker 1: It's not that much. It's a couple of T shirts. Yeah, that's it's a couple. It's like it's a couple three four T shirts and then you're at that number already. Yeah, I think two shirts, so you might be under Yeah.
Speaker 6: I got my mom something for Mother's Day that was like personalized last Christmas that I had.
Speaker 5: Seen on Facebook because I was like, I didn't know what to get her.
Speaker 1: That counts was it six months?
Speaker 5: So those last year?
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you saved it and you just got it for her.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: I haven't gotten her anything this year for Christmas yet. But I was like in a bind, and it was like, oh, you can't your kids and it'll be the first stone and this and that, and I'm like all right, fine, sure, sure, let me customize this.
Speaker 1: I let's tell you guess you. I bought a Christmas gift yesterday. Ah, I bought a Christmas gift yesterday. I don't know who's getting it.
Speaker 5: You get, but it's in the lot.
Speaker 1: I bought one.
Speaker 6: Is that your only Christmas gift so far or have you had a couple that was your first one?
Speaker 1: Well, I bought two things now that you mentioned it, damn it.
Speaker 16: Was there liquor.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you one of them that I bought because it's Christmas related. They make cards that are just card stock paper and they're folded like a card. It's all white. There's nothing in it, okay, but it has a recorder so that London can make a homemade card and she can record a message on there. And I bought a ten pack of them.
Speaker 5: That's brilliant.
Speaker 1: I never saw these before.
Speaker 5: That's such a good that's like anomic tank. Good idea.
Speaker 1: And I came across it. And now everyone's going to ask me where Amazon guys. Okay, I'm going to get ten emails, Rod, what was the thing you were talking about? So again, keyword search guys to do it. So London is going to Now there's a lot of pressure because you screw up that card. You screw up that card. But yeah, it's got a real simple just like you would buy a card that has a song in it, you know what I mean. One of those it was a ten pack and you can record and then lock it in and then boom, it'll be London's voice on the card.
Speaker 5: Love it is that awesome?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bought that yesterday.
Speaker 5: You would never get No one would receive that and not.
Speaker 6: Think it's awesome after playing like whatever little note she has to say yeah.
Speaker 1: Because everybody's I'm sure you've got no card. It's like, you know, Cendy Walper's girls just want to have fun. When you open it up, it's a song playing or whatever. This is going to be a personalized bam. And my sister's listening right now. I'm sure damn it, so she's gonna know that. I don't okay, correct, I still.
Speaker 8: Want that toilet paper one for Christmas. One time they played the intro song.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did the show and you pulled the toilet paper yep.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I gotta take a break. I'd love to talk about Christmas shopping for another hour, but I can't. October It's tomorrow's show Texas Renaissance Festival. I got a four pack of tickets from our friends over at Joe Myers Toyota on the Flip Houston.
Speaker 2: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning, Ron Ryan Show, nine fifty four. Goodness La, all right, we gonna move l La la la la la La. I'm gonna four pack of tickets to the Texas Renaissance Festival. Go when you want. Thanks to our friends over at Joe Meyers Toyota. What's your question?
Speaker 6: Tell me what people are starting to dread. They do this about eleven days before it takes effect. People are reportedly starting to dread this. Tell me what I'm talking about and I'll give you the four pack you ze one.
Speaker 1: Today, seven one, three two five.
Speaker 12: If you know the show Ron Ryan, Ron Ryan, Warning ladies, he's been looking at those pumpkins on.
Speaker 1: Your porch all year long.
Speaker 9: Happy Halloween. From The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 3: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan's Show. Okay, guys, come on ninety fifty nine, let's move now.
Speaker 9: Time for know this show on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five, The Buzz, La La la la la la la la la la la, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Who we got la? Bernardo Bernardo, Welcome to the show, Tessa. This is Bernardo. What's your question?
Speaker 6: Hey Bernardo, can you tell me what people are reportedly starting to dreading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, you nailed it.
Speaker 1: Changing up the clocks tomorrow. I guess it's the eleven day countdown, but that's when people start thinking about Okay, time to be miserable again with the clock change, Bernardo, you win? What are you giving him? Yeah, Bernardo's not going to be miserable.
Speaker 6: He gets a four pack of tickets to the Texas Renaissance Festival, open now through December one. This is little courtesy of Joe Myers Toyota. So huzza all the way to todd Mission and have all the fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I appreciate it, guys, thank you very much. I'm reading to the FCC notes right here. Everybody that wins Renaissance Festival tickets has to say huzza. Go ahead Bernardo ra Yeah, okay, I just want to be in compliance here. Yeah all right, dude, thank you, Thank you. Joe Mayas, Arthur h is back in our lives. He's will he make it to win number ts tomorrow? We'll see.
Speaker 6: He's got a long way to goshast three times on day five, fresh out of bed, head to head.
Speaker 1: We play every morning at six twenty. Thank you. The Zodiac Horror Movies was the worst segment today on the show.
Speaker 5: You're welcome to the recommendations.
Speaker 1: The best segment on the show was Chili Brown an absolute unbelievable reading today the nutpoll. We learned about red pistachios today and tat Tuesday was the number one link today. But you guys love your cash shoes? How we do all right? Wild card pumpkin spice price is right tomorrow. Jeremy's back, He's in with you, he's excited, he's all rested up. He's got the non stop noon or pick your tickets with him. On the one o'clock hour Rod Ryan Show Onlining Store, Get into the Boobs Rock Store please man and if you can donate, if you can, if you don't want any shirts or merch man, if you can donate some money, I'd appreciate that. That would be great. Something new coming this week too. Follow at Rod Ryan's show on All the Social test Us on Houston Life Today at one o'clock. And that's it. We're on a twenty hour break. I hope it's great.
Speaker 3: He mm, well, well.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that fun?
Speaker 12: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 9: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.