Speaker 1: Tired of the everyday routine. Ever dream of a life of romantic adventure, want to get away from it?
Speaker 2: We offer you Escape Escape Transcribe to free you from the four walls of today for a half hour of high adventure.
Speaker 1: You were searching frantically through the dark, empty rooms of an apartment, panic, gripping your heart, terror at your heels for the girl you loved, who was with you a moment before, has disappeared, vanished as if into thin air.
Speaker 2: Today we escape from reality with the gripping tale of a girl who vanished and the man who had to find her to save his life. As Cornell Woolwich told it in his great story Finger of.
Speaker 3: Doom, nothing unusual ever happens to you, huh in your comfortable American city? Nothing ever could could it? Let me tell you something, right on the common, everyday streets of a big city, I had the strangest, most fantastic adventure anyone could dream of it, and I've had my fill of adventure for the rest of my life. This happened several years ago before the war, on an ordinary or evening in early spring, well not so ordinary, because I had a couple of free tickets to a good show, and I was picking Stephie up at her office for dinner. See we were going to be married in less than two weeks, so naturally I was impatient as I waited there on the sidewalk in front of her office building. And of course she was late, last one to leave, as usual. It felt like a picket, pacing up and down in front of the door, but only there she was spun, gold piled on her head, blue eyes shining, and carry.
Speaker 4: Hi, darling?
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 6: Have I kept you waiting long? I try to hurry all I could with this. Just a package, I promised his nibs. I deliver it on the way home.
Speaker 3: You're not going home, we're reading out and going to a show.
Speaker 6: But it's right on the way. I have to leave it at a flat in Martin Street. It won't take a minute.
Speaker 3: Why can't he get somebody else to run his errands for him? We're late now, this will cut our eating time.
Speaker 6: Oh so this is what the thirteenth does to you.
Speaker 3: Thirteenth You mean you've forgotten?
Speaker 6: You mean you aren't counting the days?
Speaker 3: Oh sure, thirteen days.
Speaker 6: Left, thirteen and a half. Don't forget that half of it's to be a noon waddy. I don't like the thirteen all by itself. I'll be glad when it's tomorrow when only twelve left.
Speaker 3: You know something, You're cute. The more I know you, you're the cute of you get.
Speaker 6: I bet you won't say that a year from now. I bet you'll be calling me your old lady. Then mind, well, not ride at first? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Okay, come on, let's make like delivery boys. Or what's the address, mister Miller.
Speaker 6: Four fifteen Martin Street, apartment for it.
Speaker 3: We're on our way. Sure's a frowsy neighborhood.
Speaker 6: Everybody can't be rich, you knowough for eleven four thirteen? Oh there it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some clients your boss must have. I'll be glad when you aren't working for him anymore. Oh would you give him your notice?
Speaker 6: Yesterday? He gave me the funniest look good thing. He doesn't know you. He'd eat you alive.
Speaker 3: I wait, huh here it is?
Speaker 6: Oh? I was sailing right by. See how you affect me?
Speaker 3: Okay, give it to the hall man of the janitor somebody and let's get going.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I've got to take it up personally and get a receipt. Besides, there doesn't seem to be anybody here. It's one of those push button doors. What did I say?
Speaker 3: The name was again Muller or something, wasn't it? What would I do without you?
Speaker 6: For a four B fourteen? Oh? Here it is four F No wonder I couldn't find it. The name card's fallen out. Oh this must be the button. You wait down here for me. I won't be a minute.
Speaker 3: A minute's too long.
Speaker 6: Well this will hold you until I get back.
Speaker 7: M Oh, the.
Speaker 6: Door only a minute now.
Speaker 3: Bye bye. For a minute, I watched it through the glass. She got into the little self service elevator and closed the door. Then all I could see was the gleam from the elevator in use light. Then she was gone. I lit a cigarette and waited. How long does it take to smoke a cigarette? Five minutes? Ten? Anyway, I finished it. Nothing happened. I stood around, fidgeting, shifting from one foot to the oven, from one shoulder leaning against the wall to the other. Woman came by with the squalling kid, gave me a haughty look.
Speaker 4: And went on in.
Speaker 3: Tried to figure out what could be taking so long. Maybe they didn't have a pencil to sign the receipt. Maybe they had to find one. Let another cigarette. Took a couple of puffs, but now my patience was gone.
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 3: Rattled the door first, and then I pushed the button for apartment for f I still didn't plan to go up. I just wanted to let her know that I was still alive. But I got no answering buzz I kept ringing it, holding my thumb down till it was white. Still no answer. Suddenly I wasn't angry anymore. Suddenly I was scared. I did the instinctive thing. I ran out into the street again and looked up the face of the building, searching the windows. But of course there was nothing to see, and that move cost me a chance to get in. While I was out on the sidewalk, seedy looking character came out of the door, letting it click shut. Before I could get back in, I tried the buzzer again. Couldn't be out of water. They'd answered it when Staffy pushed it. Now nothing dead to the world up there by. Now it was twenty minutes, twenty minutes since she left me. Now I was frightened. I knew I had to get up there. I pushed another button anyone at random. The door was released and I was in for f was at the back of the building. I stood out in the dark hallway and listened. It wasn't a sound. First, this was a relief. At least she wasn't in any difficulty. She'd be screaming. But then when I began to knock and kick the door, practically break it down, and still nobody made a sound, and began to get panicked. Heads poked out of doors all along the hall. Where will I find the janitor down in the basement, I suppose. I raced down to the basement, found the janitor eating his supper. I barged right in. You're looking for something, come up with me quick. Will you bring your past care? I want to hope one of the flats.
Speaker 7: What's the matter? What's wrong?
Speaker 3: I don't like the looks up at My girl took a package up. I've been waiting for it for over twenty minutes and she never came down again. Now they won't answer the bell. Come on, please hurry.
Speaker 7: Oh Wi, your apartment? Is it on the fourth floor? Come on, I'll show you what number fore aft. But wait a minute, couldn't before. If not that one, why not because there's nobody living there. But that apartment's been vacant for six months.
Speaker 3: He took me up and showed me he was right. It was an empty flat. I went through its rooms, calling Stephie's name, but she wasn't there. There was nobody there. Looked like there hadn't been anybody there for months. The dust was thick on the bare floor, on the sills of the locked windows. She couldn't have come in here, but I saw her ring the bell and go in the door, in this door, the downstairs door.
Speaker 7: Oh well, she could have gone to any apartment there.
Speaker 3: But she was coming here. She rang this bell and somebody answered.
Speaker 7: Nobody could have answered. Nobody's been here. She must have rung another bell.
Speaker 3: Is there somebody in this apartment named Muller?
Speaker 7: No, we never had anybody by that name, not in the whole twelve years have been here.
Speaker 3: Somebody must have gotten in and was waiting for her.
Speaker 7: Will you tell me how they could? It was locked. You saw me open it with me past key. Didn't you listen.
Speaker 3: We're gonna ask all the tenants on this floor. Maybe they heard something.
Speaker 7: Wait a minute, I don't like to disturb them. Maybe this girl just walked out on you. Maybe it had a corner. Oh no, there was nothing like that. I know she wouldn't just walk out. Besides, how could she? Is there a back way?
Speaker 3: Yes, but only through the basement. She would have had to pass right by me. And you didn't see her. And I was waiting downstairs at the front door and she didn't come out that way. Then obviously she's still in here.
Speaker 7: Well maybe or maybe what I are you sure she ever come in?
Speaker 3: Of course you mean?
Speaker 7: Am I sure there ever was a girl? Now, don't get excited, mister. All right, we'll look we alast take it easy, Take it easy, Okay, you were anythinking? For uf?
Speaker 8: How could I the places?
Speaker 4: And I know?
Speaker 7: But didn't you hear something?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the buzzer was going like crazy, like somebody was leaning on the button downstairs.
Speaker 3: But that was Yeah.
Speaker 8: Then a little later this guy banging on the door. He asked me where to find you have a mine?
Speaker 7: Thank you? Sorry to have disturbed kid. Well that's all of them, no trace at all. Maybe now you let me get back to my shupper. There's nothing more we can do. Maybe figure o where she lives at work.
Speaker 3: She might find wait here, I'm gonna call the police first. I got a patrolman from the corner. He asked a lot of questions, and then called his station. A few minutes later, a detective was dropped off a fellow by the name of Gilmen. I must admit he was thorough. He checked on every apartment in the building. The only thing he learned was about the false ring which let me in. But there was only one, not two, and that meant that whoever buzz for Stephy was expecting. Gilman checked apartment for f thoroughly, the windows with their undisturbed layer of dust, the door, the keyhole, everything, And then he said.
Speaker 4: There's nothing to show that she or anyone else ever came in here.
Speaker 3: But look, don't do this to me. You make it sound like she didn't come here with me at all.
Speaker 4: That's what it does sound like.
Speaker 3: But don't you see, Look, I was gonna take her to a show. Here here are the tickets.
Speaker 4: Don't mean a thing. We're gonna build this from the ground up and see if they've got you. Say. Her name is Stephanie Risker, Address.
Speaker 3: One twenty Farragut. What she looked like she's blonde, and she came up to about here.
Speaker 4: I mean, okay, okay, don't let it get you.
Speaker 3: I'm not scared because she's gone. It's because she's gone in such a fairy tale way. She just disappeared into thin air.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get about finding her. That you met her at six fifteen outside the Bailly Goodlin building with the packets to be delivered here who she worked for?
Speaker 3: A press clipping service called a Green Star. It's one man organization operated by a man named Hessen, one dinky little room on the ground floor of the building.
Speaker 4: What do they do.
Speaker 3: I don't know much about it. They have a list of clients and they go through the paper and clip out any story which mentions one of the clients. They get about a nickeola clipping.
Speaker 4: How is there any money in that?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're going up there. We'll find out.
Speaker 3: The night watchman let us into the office after Gilman showed him his badge. It was a tiny room with only a desk, a telephone, and another table in a filing cabinet. Except for a lone can of Canadian ace brew. All of them were bear as bones.
Speaker 4: He says no offices. Is a telephone booth, not a big business. I guess, hm, this is their list of clients. They can't be making very much money. Those prices stuff he got paid every week. There's nobody named Mueller in the file.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 4: I don't see anything here to indicate to eat And as a secretary, you could ask the night watchman I already have he's never seen her.
Speaker 3: Well, but that doesn't mean anything. He works at night and she works in the daytime.
Speaker 4: Okay, I only said he's never seen her, doesn't know anything about her.
Speaker 3: Hassan her boss. You can ask him.
Speaker 4: We're going there next, and I guess you'll have a chance. Wait a minute, here's something. What what kind of gum does your girl too?
Speaker 3: She doesn't likes life savers, hates gum.
Speaker 4: I'll ever sit to this table, choose gum. Let's have it. It's all over the bottom, tuty fruity.
Speaker 3: Oh, that doesn't mean anything. Maybe somebody came in put it there. Maybe it's all maybe Hessen.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go. We'll see what he has to say.
Speaker 3: Hessen lived in a swanky bungalow type home in the suburbs as Gilman and I left the police car and walked up the drive to the house. I got the strangest feeling of on reality, like this was all a horrible nightmare, couldn't be happening. My knees were sagging. But then Gilman was knocking on the door, and it was answered by an ugly foreign looking character. Went away and returned to Usherson to Hessen's presence. I'd seen him a time or two, but he didn't know me, so he gave no sign of recognition.
Speaker 4: Good evening, gentlemen, mister Hessen, I'm Sergeant Gilman, Police Force. Oh yes, I'm pleased to know you. I won't take up much of time, but I need a little help.
Speaker 8: And gladly if it is within my power.
Speaker 4: Do you ever see this young fellow before?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: What has he done? I'm not sure yet. Do you know anyone named Muller at four fifteen Martin Street.
Speaker 8: Mueller, No, I don't know anyone by that name. I think we have a Miller or missus Elsie Miller on our list all the time. Divorces and remarries. Will that doo?
Speaker 7: She owes us.
Speaker 4: Twenty nine dollars And you didn't send the package over the Muller apartment four f four fifteen Martin Street at six fifteen this evening.
Speaker 3: No, why you loll it?
Speaker 8: You keep quiet and I'm sure I didn't, sergeant. But wait, it's easy enough to confirm it or miss Risker. Yes, Stephanie, will you please come in a moment?
Speaker 4: What steady?
Speaker 8: My assistant happens to be right here at the house to night. I had some dictation to give her, and she's transcribing it. We usually mail out clippings only when there's some urgent request. Do I send them by personal messenger?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir. Suddenly the room was spinning in front of my eyes. I was looking at it, trying to see it, but lights kept streaking across the room like commets, and their voices came to me through a thick fase.
Speaker 8: Tipphany did we send a package to four point fifteen Martine Street this evening to a mister Murmuller.
Speaker 7: No, sir, not that I know of.
Speaker 4: I see and tell me, did you ever see this young man before? Do you know him?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 3: No, I don't believe I did.
Speaker 7: Wait.
Speaker 3: Wait, this isn't Stephanie. He's calling somebody else by her name this isn't Stephanie.
Speaker 8: I tell you the idea, sir, this is the only young lady I have working for me.
Speaker 2: In just a moment, we will return to Escape. But first, mister and Missus X thought they were pretty smart, smarter than the Narcotics Bureau and the Bureau of Customs combined, but they overlooked a casual passenger aboard the luxury liner. Fascinating true live tale of crime and smuggling on the high seas Here Gangbusters Tonight, and along with it, CBS's other great Saturday night thrill, a minute show, The Adventures of Philip Marlowe. Both of these programs are regular Saturday night features on most of these same CBS Network stations. Gangbusters recreates famous crimes in their solutions by national, state, and local agencies. The Adventures of Philip Marlowe are based on the character of the famous private Eye, created by Raymond Chandler, the noted mystery story writer. And now with our stars Harry Bartail is Kenny and with Ed Begley as Gilman. We returned to the second act of Escape and finger of doom.
Speaker 3: Essen stood there and blandly said it. This strange girl was my fiance was Stephanie Risker. He stood there looking surprised and hurt, and she stared at me with a just right puzzled expression on her face. Gilman was holding me with a sort of a half nelson and gritting had stop it, stop it. But I tell you this isn't Stephie. Steffie is blonde. This girl is brunette. Steffie short comes up up to here. This one's tall. I tie it up.
Speaker 8: You're asking for trouble. I'll calm down, sergeant. I don't believe. I understand.
Speaker 4: I'm just beginning to myself. Miss. How long have you been working for mister Hesson.
Speaker 7: Why since October of last year, about six months?
Speaker 4: And your name is Stephanie Risker.
Speaker 3: Why yes, of course she's lying. I tear you up.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to doubt your word, miss, but just for the record, I suppose you could show me some proof of your identity.
Speaker 3: Why yes, I right here in my bag.
Speaker 7: My driver's license.
Speaker 4: Wait, the bag has initials where s R.
Speaker 6: Of course s R.
Speaker 4: And the driver's license.
Speaker 3: Steffie doesn't drive. She has no car, but I do. It isn't a very good one.
Speaker 4: Anything else This letter addressed to me address one twenty Farragut. May I look why, yes, of course, huh, it's genuine all right, Here.
Speaker 3: You are and I don't know what else I have here, but oh I'll get it.
Speaker 4: Here you are.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 4: I see you carry a chewing gum in your purse. Why yes to the fruity. Not many people like that flavor.
Speaker 3: I never chew any other.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks, sorry to have bother at you both.
Speaker 8: Come on, cham, I hope you've been able to help such a lap.
Speaker 4: Thanks, good night, good night sage. Okay, what's your racket kit? Are you a pushover for the mental ward? Or are you working off a grudge against this guy? Or did you do something to some little blond, blue eyed number and you're trying to set up an alibi even before we find out about it.
Speaker 3: Things like this don't happen. They can't. One minute she's here and then she's on. No one will believe me.
Speaker 4: Why should we? You haven't produced a single person all night who actually saw this blonde of yours.
Speaker 3: Where'd I get her name and address?
Speaker 4: Then that's one thing I'm not sure, So I'll give you one more spin for your money. You stand or fall by the place you lived one twenty Varrakeet Street. Come on, let's go.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is Ape.
Speaker 4: Come on, what is it? The rooming house?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she lived alone, just a room. She only came here from Harrisburg six months ago. But the landlit.
Speaker 4: No, it's the matter.
Speaker 3: I just remembered. Hessen recommended this place to her.
Speaker 4: I look, you want to go in, or you want to go to headquarters. The tougher you get with me, the tougher I'll be on. You listen, you gotta listen. I was only up there once, but I remember it. Sticking in the mirror of the dresser is a litho of the Holy on the radiators, a rag doll I won for a Coney Island in a hiccock wallet I gave her last Christmas. And on a shelf against the wall is a gas ring, and from the light fixture to the gas jet is a string where she hangs stockings to dry.
Speaker 3: Will you remember those things? The bedspread's green, and there's a green and yellow upholster chair. Don't you see I couldn't make these things up. She must be real.
Speaker 4: You almost convince me. Come on, and when we get inside, you keep your mouth shut one people, and I'll split your lip. Yes, got a girl named Stephanie Riska living here, yep, fourth floor front. How long has she been here, Risker?
Speaker 9: Six months?
Speaker 4: What does she look like?
Speaker 9: Dark hair, dark skin, about as tall as as this young fella talks kind of husky.
Speaker 4: Why police, I want to see her room?
Speaker 5: Sure, sure, come right in.
Speaker 3: Gilman practically had to support me all the way up. My knees just weren't functioning. But that was nothing to the shock I got when the landlady opened Steffy's door. The room was all different, Not one thing was the same as I had told gilmant. He didn't even look at me.
Speaker 4: She always had it fixed up.
Speaker 9: This way, always since the first week she moved in.
Speaker 4: Does she drive a car, Yeah, a little old coupe.
Speaker 9: She's a real clean rumor. Only one thing I got to complain about. Oh there it is again, under the washtend.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, chewing gum. Yeah, let me see it. Uh huh to the fruity.
Speaker 9: You better watch your friend. He looks like he's gonna faint.
Speaker 4: Let him fold up. That isn't anything to the falls he'd be taking in a few minutes.
Speaker 9: What did he do murderer?
Speaker 1: Not her?
Speaker 4: But I got a good hunt. She murdered somebody and he picked the wrong name out of the hat.
Speaker 9: He don't look like it.
Speaker 3: I hit him and ran. I know I had to. He was going to take me to the police station. Then I wouldn't have any chance to find Stuffy, not for a long time, maybe too long a time, And I had to find her. I went back to the Martine Street flat. It was the only place to go back to where she disappeared. Start from there. I knew Gilman would catch up with me sooner or later, but I and might be able to turn up something. First. I told the janitor the cops had sent me back to take another look at the apartment, and got him to give me the pass key. He fell for it. I went up to the apartment alone, but once there I couldn't find a thing. I wandered through the empty rooms, calling her name helplessly. I tapped the walls, scraped the plaster, tested the windows. I'd been there about ten minutes when I heard a little sound out in the hall, like somebody coming up the stairs very quietly. I slipped out the door and stood at the top of the stairs. He said. It was the janitor with Gilman and two cops. They were coming up the stairs. There was only one way for me to go up, so up I went, and then they saw me. One flight up. I came to the top of stairs. The sort of skylight window open under the roof were standing loose, partly open. I ran out across the roof. I tried to hurdle the low wall of the next roof. I missed. Fell I got you.
Speaker 4: Let delivered when I get down the.
Speaker 3: Hill, all right, quietly, no use, no well, I'll be what's the matter, Hello, throw your light over here.
Speaker 4: It's a package package lying here on the roof, addressed to Muller Apartment four.
Speaker 3: It that's it, don't you see? That's what she brought.
Speaker 4: Okay, ken, somebody did bring a package here tonight. I'll give you that. When I give you that, I guess I give you all of it. She's a never choose gum, doesn't drive all of it. Somebody must have jumped or brought her up this way, across the roofs and down through some other house. They dropped the package on the way. Maybe didn't have time to come back and pick it up. What will we do, Calhoun? Yeah, call in, have a radio car. I keep Hessen's house a myrtle drive spotted until we get there. I want to stop off of that office again. First, do you think no, no, kid, not yet. They would have done it right here in the empty flat and let you take the rap. Come on, buck up. We got work to do.
Speaker 3: At Hessen's office. We found two things.
Speaker 4: This is files funny, but every third name is a foreign one with a foreign mailing address. Why would those people want local press clippings?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: I mean this looks like a job for the FBI. Spy stuff. Maybe your girl had found something out and that's why they figured she was too dangerous. Did she ever say anything?
Speaker 3: No, but she told him she was quitting next week to get married.
Speaker 4: So she didn't suspect anything that they thought she did. Same thing. Come on, we'll stop off at that rooming house. I want that landlady picked up. Obviously she's one of them. Changed the room all around, stuck the gum in at the war stand everything.
Speaker 3: Hey wait, look on the floor next to the baseboard.
Speaker 4: H kiled hair pin so she was blind.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go, But the rooming house with the landlady turned over to a cop downstairs. Gilman went over the room once more, fished into the washbasin train and came up with a couple of blonde hairs.
Speaker 4: Now, why didn't I think of that the first time? Girls shampoos her hair once in a while.
Speaker 3: Then we were on our way to Hessen's house on Myrtle Drive. All the way I was praying. When we arrived, it was dark, deserted. Even the police car Gilman adored wasn't there. We went in, shooting the lock off the door. We searched the ground floor, then upstairs, in an attic room we found a short wave radio, but not Steffy. Just as we got back downstairs, Calhoun came in with a report from the radio car.
Speaker 1: They told him to Pierot seven North three ver Three of them got on a tramp steamer that sailed immediately.
Speaker 3: Then they're gone. It's too late.
Speaker 4: They won't get out of the harbor. Well, haven't picked off at quarantine. Three of them? You say, Calhoun, a blonde girl?
Speaker 1: Now, they said, two men and a dark girl.
Speaker 3: Then where's Staffy still here?
Speaker 4: Probably? But where we assume Wait, do you smell something smoke. Yeah, and gas only the basement.
Speaker 3: Come on, hurry, smoked, the basement's filled with smoke.
Speaker 4: Here over this way, stuffy staff, Hey, hurry, this place will be a massive flames in a minute.
Speaker 3: I can't see Steffi here here, give me a hand. Here she is, Hurry, Steffy, Steffy. No, no, she's breathing.
Speaker 4: Hurry, Let's get her out of here fast.
Speaker 3: In the next few minutes, there was a lot of excitement around there while the fire companies fought the fire, wet the ropes off Steffi and revived her. She was all right, and I sat there in the police car with my arms around her as if I'd never let her go again. And that's just how I felt too. Then a radio report came.
Speaker 4: In and they got him off the ship at quarantine. They'll be turned over to the FBI eventually, but first they better hadn't let me get my hands. And I'm no kid.
Speaker 3: She is pretty gee, thanks for everything.
Speaker 4: It's okay, Well I gotta go, and oh say, I've got something I want to return to you. Yeah, what this?
Speaker 3: I went out like a light when he hit me. And a few minutes later, Ny, when I came to Stephie was holding me.
Speaker 4: In her arms.
Speaker 3: Henny stroking my head and smiling.
Speaker 6: Kenny. He said to tell you no hard feelings. But when anyone sucks Dick Gilman over the head, he gets sopped back, even if they're the best of friends.
Speaker 3: You know something, what darling, you're cute with stars in your hair.
Speaker 2: Escape is produced and directed by Norman MacDonell. Today we have presented Transcribe Finger of Doom by Cornell Woolwrinch, adapted for radio by John Duncle starred as Kenny. Was Harry Bartel with Ed Begley as Gilman featured in the cast where Joy Terry, Edgar Berrier, Louise Arthur, Peter Prausse and Ky Miller. Special music was arranged and played by Ivand at Mars.
Speaker 1: Next week, you are clinging to a narrow window Ledge, your strength running out well before your eyes. Seen through the window, the most beautiful girl in the world is about to die because of you.
Speaker 2: Next week we escape with an unusual story, the adaptive Ultimate by John Jessel. Be sure to tune in again at the same time next week, when once again we offer you escape. You can escape again tomorrow night when CBS's famous dramatic series Presents Screen star Edmund O'Brien in another special Sunday Night Escape, broadcast at six point thirty Eastern Standard time. Mister O'Brien will star as an explorer who becomes a prisoner in a beautiful and strange country populated by blind men. Be sure to hear tomorrow Night's Escape starring Edmund O'Brien in H. G. Wells famous story Country of the Blind. On most of these same CBS network stations. Now stay tuned for five minutes of the latest news, to be followed by let's pretend over most of the same station. This is Roy Rowin speaking or CBS, the Columbia Broadcasting System m H