Speaker 1: Coming to you from the dining room table at East Barbary Lane. Welcome to a special minisod edition of Full Circle the podcast. I am your host, Charles Tyson Junior. Martha Madrigal is off being booked, blessed and busy, but thank you for joining us around the Full Circle table where we squeeze a few headlines through our decidedly queer lens and see what happens. Hey, y'all, So today it's just me. I have you all to myself. But that's okay because it's my birthday. That's right. Today is my birthday, is Thursday, August fourteenth, twenty twenty five, and it is my birthday. And I'm fifty and I like to kick and I like to stretch because I'm fifty years old. I can't believe it either, y'all. My knees in my back definitely can and have been telling me I've been fifty for the past ten years. So today's been good. It's been relaxing. Martha's taking me out to dinner tonight at one of our favorite restaurants, so that's going to be lovely. Then I have to go to work, but whatever. Trying to get over being sick, which I just I why now, But I have my peach ginger turmeric tea and I have added some MIC's hot honey, so I am going to be all right spicy and I'm fifty all right, that's the last time I'm gonna do that. So I just wanted to to jump on here real quick because it's been a while since either of us has been on the MIC, and I just wanted to, like, you know, do a quick dash through some of the stuff that's been happening, some older stuff, some newer stuff. Not going to get into too much of the craziness that's happening right now. Chill. I'm gonna wait for Martha for that one, because I know she's gonna have things to say. Suffice it to say, Orange Cheetoh Monster has been showing his entire ass, and that's a lot of ass. Thank goodness we have each other, because I feel like that's our only hope, you know what I mean. Can't take away our joy, can't take away our sense of community, even though that's exactly what they're trying to do. But they have no idea how to really, because it's obvious they don't have that for themselves. Nobody loves them, but they Mama and she might be driving to anyway. Since the last time we got together, we lost a whole slew of notable individuals. I'm gonna jump in and talk about a few of them. A couple of them. I'mna save from Martha because I know she has feelings. But first up, this is from a few weeks ago. But this person was near and dear to my heart. Malcolm Jamal Warner passed away. That really hurt my heart. And you know what makes it more tragic is, you know, Malcolm Jamal Warner passed away at the age of fifty four, which is, you know, much too soon. Especially tragic is the fact that this was an accidental death. He drowned on a family trip in Costa Rica. It's so sad. Malcolm Jamal Warner probably most famous for his role as Theohoxtable on The Lisa Bonnet Show. And you know, he as he grew up through his life and career, he became an example of a cool dude. You know what I mean, Capital C, capital D. He had so many wonderful roles in his career. He had Malcolm and Eddie, he had Jeremiah. Most recently he portrayed doctor A. J. Austen on The Resident. And on top of that, you know, he was a poet, he was a musician, he had a band miles ahead, he had a podcast, not allhood. He was doing the things you know. He he was not done being a force before he was taken from him. Sin It's very sad. I've never heard anyone in any interview have anything bad to say about him and his work. His career has left a lasting impact on so many of us. I think of Anthony Mackie in one of his late night talk show interviews where he's wearing a reproduction of the Gordon guartrail knockoff that Denise made him for thirty dollars and so many people. You can tell who's of a certain age and who isn't. Because the people that were like, why was he wearing that crazy ass shirt, It's like, Okay, you don't understand the reference. Stop talking, Sit down for you, sit down for your fall down. But he will be very very much missed. Rest in power to Malcolm Jamal Warner. Ozzy Osbourne died at the age of seventy six. Of course, he was most famous for being the lead singer of the band Black Sabbath, ushering forth several generations of greasy haired white kids who tortured their parents by wailing on guitars and screaming and microphones in their garages. Then he had a resurgence with his family and the reality show on MTV called The Osbourne's where basically everyone from the parents on down to the youngest children cursed all the time. I never watched it, so that's really all I know about it. Ozzy Osbourne was always another one of those cool dudes, and he was seventy six. I think it's safe to say that he had what they call a good run. So rest in peace to Ozzy Osbourne. Hulk Hogan died, so anyway, Yeah, what is there to really say about Hulk Hogan? I mean, as a kid, I was a big fan for the ten minutes that I enjoyed wrestling, trying to be like all the other little boys. But then he threw it all away when he lost his rabbit ass mind and followed the orange Cheeto Monster and showed his ass as a rabid racist and cult member. Brother was not the only word he loved to say with the hard are so, you know, as Moms Mably famously said, you should only say good things about the dead. He's dead. Good. So Jacob's Pillow, which is a famous and historically prestigious dance venue up in Massachusetts where anyone who is anyone in the dance world has performed, and they also do this fabulous festival every year where all the big names and dance come to perform. This year they were doing this wonderful series where they live streamed performances and you could watch them for free, and the a Ley Company was slated to stream a live performance and I put it on my calendar and everything. Well, unfortunately that performance has been canceled because tragically, a manager for Jacob's Pillow was killed a few weeks ago with an incident involving a dolly moving stage equipment. And it was, you know, it's just one of those things, you know, there was a slope surface and we zigged when we should have zagged, and unfortunately Cat Sirico, who was the manager, tripped and fell and got run over by the dolly. It was horrible. They were forty years old. So that was a very sad thing and I felt that it deserved to be mentioned. So rest in peace to Cat Siriko and last but not least on my list, this is our most recent loss. In just a few days ago, Danielle Spencer died at sixty years old. Danielle Spencer most famously known for her role as d Thomas on the classic sitcom What's Happening, which you know was a foundational influence on me. She passed away due to complications with gastric cancer. And it's crazy to think that she's gone. All these people that like were around my whole life are starting to leave us. She as I said, she was most famous for being deep, for portraying d Thomas on What's Happening Now? But after that show and then the spin off, What's Happened Now and Did, she went on to become a veterinarian. So actually I should say doctor Danielle Spencer. But when I think of d like, there's so many things that that little girl said on that show that I still say today, or at least the essence of it makes its way through how I talk now, Like, for instance, I just can't stand to see anything done dumb. I said that just a few days ago, And I think one of My favorite lines of hers was she's on the phone talking to her friend and her brother Roger comes in, played by Ernest Lee Thomas, and he comes in, is Mama home? And she goes. When you walk into a house and you see someone on the phone, you don't come in say and it's Mama home. You don't come in screaming as Mama home. That little girl got away with so much, but rest in peace, doctor Danielle Spencer. So, yeah, we lost a lot of people. So there's a lot of bullshit happening, as you all are well aware, and you know, there's not to say that there's not good things happening. But I really couldn't come up with for the first time and a long time, enough of a good news section that's media enough to actually you know bother talking about at this particular moment. And it's my birthday, so fuck it. We're not going to do the cavalcade, but I do want to have a quick moment of.
Speaker 2: Employ people taking bassermain.
Speaker 1: So this is from the end of June, coming from the motherfucker who is the reason why this segment even exists. I love this headline, gay fraudster George Santos has online meltdown as seven year prison sentence begins. That's right. His prison sentence began at the end of July, his six and a half year prison sentence for lying about everything he lied about lying. He lied about who he is, how he is, where he is, why he is how he is. In the days leading up to him serving his sentence, he published numerous social media posts in which he had admitted that he's disassociating, thinking about death, and threatening to quote bury any journalist who publicly discloses the prison where he'll be staying. I'm not going to say it. I'm not going to say it, he says. There will be an investigation, and whoever your source is in the Goop or Marshall's office, they will be buried alongside you. That is a promise, like we're supposed to believe that. In another post, he wrote, politics and government is dirty and I deeply regret getting so involved. Some people in government manipulated me and lied to me. He says, I'm not trying to tweet my way out of prison, folks, good, because that wouldn't work anyway. But I sure as shit will wreak havoc with the truth before then why stop now, girl, he wrote, I'll be dying in prison, granted by situation, So I don't want to die and let all this die with me. Girl, girl, you're a drama queen. You're a stunt queen. You're a failed stunt queen because your stunts didn't work. No one believes anything you say about anything you have to say. But just keep on talking because I'm sure it'll work it out for you in the end. So just go to prison, try to shut the fuck up. Maybe rediscover drag. That'll be a nice hobby. I ain't got nothing to say other than by girl, you made your bed and it's lumpy and it's bumpy, and it's not even a bed because you can't even be truthful about that. All I can really do is hold out hope that when they strip search you, my theory will be proven true, that you are actually twelve raccoons stacked on top of each other in a trench coat, and that it's all I have to say about that. So there is my moment.
Speaker 3: Of empoy on people taking bassar.
Speaker 1: And main ooh that was tasty. So this would be the moment when Martha would say, do you have a fifteen minute fave, and that is when I would say I do so, Yeah, this week's fifteen minute fave is it's a recent addition, but it's not a new addition. I'll explain what that means. So the fifteen Minute Faves playlist, which you can access on Apple Music and Spotify, is a living, breathing, ever changing thing. And occasionally I'll come across a song that, you know, had the playlist existed at the time that the song was out, it would have made it. And so I'll go and retroactively add things into the playlist. So a couple years ago, Martha and I did a guest appearance on Dustin Holden's Dustin Can Read and Watch podcast Shout out to Dustin in front of the pod, and so you know, I've been following him since, and he has another podcast called The Rewatch Recap, and he was rewatching the British sci fi series Misfits and I was a huge fan of that show back in the day as well. It's about a bunch of young folks, twenty somethings that are doing community service for various things they did, and they get caught in a mysterious storm and then they all get crazy fucked up superpowers. It's a cool shows. It's worth watching. I think there's three seasons. You should check it out. Anyway, the theme song to that show I became a fan of very quickly. The song is called Echoes by a group called The Rapture. And you know, besides watching the episode, I always look forward to hearing the theme song. So we're going to go out to the break with a retroactive fifteen minute fait called Echoes by the Rapture. Will be right there.
Speaker 3: Meaning naming him meaning naming him meaning naming you mean.
Speaker 1: Setting bread, a pebble chap, common.
Speaker 3: Side me, naming him meaning he named him, meaning naming you mean a common side. This places how said mean mean mean name meaning who you meaning you.
Speaker 1: We are the next Oprah's in a way, in a way, in a way.
Speaker 2: This is another time capsule of what it was like to be a kid without a cell phone.
Speaker 1: The whole face a hole mess express Anyway, when we're told camp about gay men.
Speaker 2: This episode is just crazy nice.
Speaker 1: I love this episode.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched this since like back in the day, and I'm like, it's so good. Hi, I'm Dustin and on the Rewatch Recap, Friends and I will revisit a favorite television series from years past and break down a season episode by episode and see if it hits the scene the second time around. You'll get nostalgia, you'll get trivia, and maybe a few laughs along the way. Watch along with us and listen to the Rewatch Recap every Monday, where most audio podcasts are played.
Speaker 1: Let's and we're back. So, like I said before, it's my birthday and fuck the Cavalcade, So let's just cleanse our palettes with some pop culture. So, like I said, it's been a minute since the last time we got to talk to you, so there's some things I wanted to discuss and get off my chest. So let's get right into it. Josh Johnson, who has quickly become one of my favorite stand up comedians, has joined a lineup of rotating hosts on The Daily Show, which I love, Love, Love, Love Love. Josh Johnson a young black comedian. He is very topical, so topical in fact, that he's able to come up with whole sets multiple times a week because he just pays attention to the news and he's a wonderful storyteller. I love his style of comedy. It's like he gives you all of the information up top, and then he goes into the story and just peppers all the facts. And I just love the way he crafts his stories and his jokes. And I love that he is hosting the Daily Show. He's been a correspondent for the better part of a year and that's been great. He's just funny and he gives no fucks. He loves to skewer the orange Cheeto man, as do we all, and proud of him. Proud of him. He just came to Philly not that long ago and kept having to add shows because people were like, just wouldn't stop buying tickets. I just love seeing his star rise. So I just think that's wonderful. Big ups to Josh Johnson. By this point, you probably all know the most recent season of Drag Race All Stars has come and gone, and the fabulous Gingermine has been crowned the winner of All Stars ten and faggots are mad. It's annoying to me, this crazy backlash. Everyone's screaming gets rigged. It was rigged for Ginger and Denali was robbed and Georgees was robbed and ch'all, Gingerminche won. She is a talented, talented performer, singer, actor. It was always hers to win. And the thing that cracks me up when every season there tends to be one queen who everyone says is being favored and there's rigory even if even if it was predetermined that Ginger was going to win, she still had to do well in the challenges, like the saying can be said for when Sasha Colby came, when everyone was saying, how you know it was just set up for her to win, you still have to do well. It's not like, you know, these people are sucking ass the entire season and then they get the crown. It doesn't work that way. Now. Were there moments where I can see the grubby mints of production, Yeah, like, okay, there was the lip sync between Ginger and Denali and everyone saying, how Denali wipe the floor at huh we because of Dragon Grace, you know, shout out to Jasmine Masters saying that Drag Race is fucked up. Drag We've gotten accustomed to whoever can do the most dips and splits should win a lip sync forgetting that, it's called a what a lip sync. So if one person is giving emotion and lip syncing to the song, which I thought was the point, and the other one is moving around so much you can't even see her face, not to mention her lips, I'm sorry one is better than the other. But you know, like I said, faggots be mad. So all that to say, congratulations to Gingerminge. It was a long time coming and you deserve it. I've always been a big fan. I've always been a big fan and so happy to see her in the Hall of Fame. I finally got to see a few movies that I didn't get the chance to so earlier. This year. I went to go see the movie Opus, starring io ed a Bery, one of the stars of the hit show The Bear, also starring John Malkovich, And when I went to the theater, I'm pretty sure I talked about this on the show. When I went to the theater, the sound was messed up and so they had to stop the film, and I didn't get to see it in the theaters. And it finally hit streaming and so I watched it, and I feel like the universe saved me from experiencing it in the theater. That day because that movie is fucked up. It's like, I'm not even sure how I feel about it. I'm not sure if I hated it. I'm not sure if I let no. I know I didn't love it, but it's like I can't say I hate it because everyone in it did such a good job, like io ed A. Berry was amazing. John Malkovich of course, was amazing. But one thing I love about her performance was her face. She gave everything with her face, so she was one of the few black people, in particular black women in the entire cast. And what I love about that is, you know, it wasn't about her being a black woman, but she got to be a black woman in that the way she reacted and interacted with certain people in the film in certain situations was done in a way that only a black woman would and her face was all of our face, Like you could see like her side eye. I don't know what's better than twenty twenty, but that her side I deserved an oscar. Her face went from really that ain't right, Okay, that's some bullshit, Okay, you know what, and then finally, bitch, I'm out. So it was entertaining whether or not. I can say I liked it. It was entertaining, but it's a fucked up movie. The other thing that cracked me up about the film so John Malkovich is supposed to be at one point in the nineties, he was supposed to be like the biggest performer on the planet. And it's like, okay, so this is a world that exists without the presence of Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Prince. Okay, fine, sure, but anyway, he is coming back with a new album and everyone's losing their shit and they keep playing like the music from back in the day and then his new stuff. Now, I will go on record as saying that the music in the film is actually good. I believe Leland and the Dream wrote all the music, so it's good. It's it's and John Malkovich actually sings. I actually want the sound track to this film. However, not a single song and the soundtrack was like earth shattering, So that took me out of it a little bit. But I don't know. Yeah, I guess I recommend it. Check out Opus. All that to say, I also got to finally see the most recent entry in the Final Destination series. Final Destination Bloodlines. I had a little mini marathon, well not mini marathon, it was an actual marathon. I watched all of the films and right as soon as I had finished the last one, then this one came out.
Speaker 3: So that was cool.
Speaker 1: And if you've seen the series, if you're familiar with the series, it was very clever how they worked this entry into the universe that the films take place in. But you don't have to have seen any of the other ones to enjoy this one. But they definitely held true to the to the the folklore, the mythos of the Final Destination universe. And it was also the last film appearance of Tony Todd Rest in Peace, and yeah, you could tell that he wasn't well in disappearance. I mean it was like, if you've never seen Tony Todd before, he looked fine, but if you, if you, you know, if you're familiar with him, you're like, wow. But of course he was wonderful, and you know, I think it was a solid film and solid performance to be his last. So again I recommend Final Destination Bloodlines. It's a solid entry into the Final Destination ouvra. In fact, we could swap out that one for the fourth one, which was Booty. The fourth one was the one the roller. No, the fourth one was the one with the drag racing, right, yeah, that one. Swapped that one out because that one was whack anyway. Finally, I've been hearing everyone talk about how the spinoff series, the sequel series, the follow up series to Sex and the City, and just like that is ending. I never really cared, but someone accused me of being a bad queer for never having watched an episode. So I was like, fine, I'll watch the fucking show, see what all the who ha and whoplas about. I couldn't make it through the first episode of season one. I made it exactly twenty minutes through and it took me three tries to get that far. I am not exaggerating three tries. I don't know why I expected anything different, because, like I said about the first series, you know, after the first episode, I can see why y'all are single, because y'all are like hateful, ungreat grateful bitches. But and this go round, they're older and they're supposed to be dealing with that. But it's I never thought I would long for the New York that the first series took place in where there were no black people. Because now the comedy, or at least what I gleaned from the first episode, the comedy comes from, you know, I have to deal with people that are different from me, and I'm just so white and it's so awkward. Isn't that hilarious? Cringe cringe cringe.
Speaker 3: Ha ha ha?
Speaker 1: I First of all, I hate cringe porn humor, and this is dumb, Like, Okay, you don't deal with people of color that often, but it's like it comes across as if this is the first time they've ever interacted with people of color. It's like, come on now. So I did my due diligence and I watched half of one episode and I can safely say that it's some bullshit and I'm glad it's ending because between Miranda being an indvertently racist to her law professor and fucking and Carrie not being able to comprehend they them pronouns, oh my goodness, child, fuck y'all, just fuck y'all and your white nonsense. And on that note, that's all I got. It's my birthday, so I don't have to talk about shit. I don't want to, So I guess that means it's time for a quick bit of podcast business. If you haven't already, why don't you swing on by Apple Podcasts or good Pods or wherever you enjoy our show and leave us a review or a rating, or hit that subscribe button five stars and more. Please follow us on social at Full Circle Thepod on Instagram and threads at Full Circle the Podcast on TikTok. You can follow Martha at Imartha Madrigal everywhere. Her writing can be found at i Ammarthamadrigal dot WordPress dot com, I am at Never Stirred Everywhere, or you can just visit our link tree linktree slash Full Circle Thepod. If you have a story, idea, or some gossip, or just want to say hi and tell us we're doing a great job, drop us a line at ask Full Circlepod at gmail dot com. We'd love to hear from you. You could also consider supporting Full Circle the Podcast by becoming a patron at our patreon Patreon dot com slash full Circle Thepod. Starting at just a three dollars a month tire, you get access to all of our episodes ad free and before everyone else then starting at the six dollars a month. Here you get access to our behind the scenes in bonus footage and it only gets better from there. It's fun. Over at the Patreon, you can also check out our Discord channel full Circle the podcast podcast business over all. Right, Well that was fun and I promised quick and dirty and hit it and quit it. Thank you all so much for chilling with me and spending some of my birthday with me. My name is Charles Tyson Junior. Martha Madrigal sends for love shout out to all of our new listeners and all of our faithful listeners from day one. We love you all so much and until next time, bye everyone. Full Circle is a Never Skurred Productions podcast posted by Charles Tyson Junior and Martha Madrigal, Produced and edited by Never Scurd Executive Produced by Charles Tyson Jr. And Martha Madrigal. Our theme in music is by the jingle Marys. All names, pictures, music, audio, and video clips are registered trademarks and or copyrights of their respective copyright holders.