Speaker 1: One o one Lynchintaco.
Speaker 2: On Orlando's Rock station one oh one one w j r R. All right over there, Yes, I am all right, even turn my mic off. How you doing, I'm doing. I'm doing good man, just doing a little throat clear? Okay, Hey, voting for you, say we play? We'll open it seven twenty on our jar our facebook page. If you're interested in winning four day passes for Welcome to Rockville. Vote for you, say we play it sometime between seven twenty and nine o'clock. That won't qualify you. Yeah, like about five minutes away, all right, JR. Our Facebook page. We want to see you and Welcome to Rockville. This big old j r R Show. Yeah, seems logical thought process.
Speaker 1: Give it to me.
Speaker 3: It's an idiotology, so I'm sure you're being very sarcastic.
Speaker 2: Thirty eight year old Gordon Pierce where is He? From Which It Talk? Kansas says that he stole a rare Spanish American war cannon from a park to pay off his drug dealer, but apparently that didn't work. It's an eight hundred pound cannon. He told cops he was scouting copper statues to steal and make back the money and back in April, he spotted the cannon, figured that it might do so he got a homeless person to help him rip it out of the ground. He used a chain and a Chevy tahoe to drag it away, then got some tools and cut it up into four or five pieces. He took the pieces to his dealer to show that he was working on the debt. Dealer was like, what do you want me to do with this? Stupid The friend turned the guy in. Why didn't he bring it straight to the scrapper? And was it even copper? That's the funny part is it probably wasn't even copper. No idea eight hundred pound cannon Spanish American war cannon in lieu of the insane amount of money I owe you for my drug debt. Will you take this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Five pieces of this cannon I disassembled trunks of metal. All you have to do is go down to the scrap dealer. Ain't calling to the scrapper for you? God, your buddy calls you.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a homeless guy that he used, which that probably cost him a couple SIGs, right, sure, and he's got to pay him off somehow. Drugs are bad. You remember that your brain We always mentioned that your brain on drugs. And they crack an egg into a frying.
Speaker 2: Pan still to this day, probably the most effective reminder of uh, you know, get your brain scrambled that there's ever been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nancy Eagman was responsible for that, right, I think she was. The drugs are bad air right, well something anyway, when they cracked that egg in frying pan, Oh I did was think I can really get high right.
Speaker 1: Now and eat eggs, some more eggs. But this is more effective. You know.
Speaker 3: Hey see this guy, Yes, this is what he did to pay his dealer stay away from drugs.
Speaker 2: Dumb ass. It turns you into a dumb ass.
Speaker 1: This too could happen to you.
Speaker 3: Before you know what, you're dragging a tank or the cannon behind your tahoe.
Speaker 2: Here's one with the homeless guy in tow riding shotgun. Yeah, here's one. And many of us have been through this song and dance. This is a rite of passage. Mom and dad hand off the older vehicle to the kid who's just a getting old enough to drive. Okay, the pass me down car. Yeah, we've all had it. Study found the giving your teenager your old car is not a smart move, and not just because well, if it's a stick, you know, that'd not be It could be a deadly decision. Teams in cars that are five years old or older nineteen percent more likely to be in a fatal crash.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, why would you say that for car? I'm not saying it. This is the study. Why would you be for cars?
Speaker 2: Because it's public service and that's what we do on this show.
Speaker 1: For five hours, five days a week. But both my kids have cars that are over ten years old, right.
Speaker 2: Most of us have.
Speaker 1: This is why I'm bringing this up. Hold on, there's more.
Speaker 2: So five years are older nineteen percent more likely to die in a fatal crash. For cars over fifteen years old, it jumps to thirty one percent. It's the logic here is it's because older cars don't have as many of the newer safety features.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like airbags are like multiple airbags.
Speaker 3: But they do have steel, right, which is unbelievable compared to what a lot of these vile Wait we're in here twenty twenty five. My kids are doomed, all right, one of them leaving for Caroline on Sunday, And well that's a newer car.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, it's still not really new. It's it's nine years old. Where do I fall?
Speaker 2: They're there in the let's see, nineteen percent more likely? Oh god, you better install some additional safety features.
Speaker 3: Again, why did you put this in there? I know it's public service and we're all about that and the kids.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, this was paid for by the auto manufacturers.
Speaker 1: Come down and buy a brand new car for you and the kid. Now we're talking idiotelligence material.
Speaker 2: I do not know if that's true or not. Who fight it is the research? But when it surprised me.
Speaker 3: Okay, I remember when I had the Plymouth Valari love Wagon.
Speaker 1: That thing was a deal.
Speaker 3: You could I had actually dumb to Dave ran into me in a stop sign as a joke. It's a really bad joke to hit your friend from behind it like twenty miles an hour. But that thing, you could park it into a tree and a party. You know, if there wasn't enough room at rouse road, you just back up and pull her forward right into the tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would describe my first car, which was a hand me down, which was converted in what ultimately became the Green Street. Yeah, seventy four super Beetle when I initially took control of that vehicle and got behind the wheel. As far as the safety level of things go, upon looking back and reflecting back right now, leap of faith would be the best term I could come up with. Yeah, roll of the dice. You had no floorboard. I didn't. It was the brakes barely worked.
Speaker 1: But this is what we did back then.
Speaker 2: No, I know, I know, no seatbeltls there's a seat belt, smeeat belt?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. It didn't have a sig lighter in it. There was an issue. That's when driving was driving.
Speaker 2: I put a blow punk stereo system in there that would kick your ass, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Though that's true.
Speaker 4: I had six benigns in the back of the love ark Omatics going talk I had. I had full system with blacked out windows and that thing. And yes, an actual license plate that still hangs in my garage and says l U v W A g N.
Speaker 1: Never forget when Winter Springs? Was it?
Speaker 3: The Winter Springs O Vito line? Cop pulled me over. He gus, I have a daughter.
Speaker 1: That's disgusting. What am I doing wrong? I'm in at a gas station.
Speaker 2: Finally, there's this and more on our Facebook where I'm yeah the jr Facebook page and Lynch and Taco blog a w jr dot com. For some reason, a bipartisan measure that had huge support in Virginia now been signed in the law. I get the intentions here. I think any parent would. But good luck trying to enforce the new social media law in the state of Virginia, where kids under the age of sixteen are now legally prohibited from being on social media for more than one hour a day.
Speaker 1: Good luck. You called it from the get go. What's next, no video games? I don't know if I see it being effective. Honestly, kids are very clever at getting around the.
Speaker 2: Okay, lady, you're just captain obvious. I think we've covered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, care So somebody had a different angle for that study, Pat, not that it was paid for or by car car salespeople. Study was clearly paid for by teenagers who want new cars.
Speaker 2: I think we're all reading from the same script there.
Speaker 1: For sure, we rop jr R