Speaker 1: Welcome back, Welcome back to eve Sports Radio. Well, Shan and I have already been dealing with issues like we do, but we're professionals at this. This is Eves Sports Radio. It is June the eleventh, twenty twenty five. It's Wednesday, of course. Yes, it's a beautiful day outside. I'll get to that in a minute. My phone number is five zero two five seven one seventy nine hundred. That's five zero two five seventy nine hundred Sports Talk seven ninety KRD. I've got my young one on the other line asking me, welcome to the show. How are you. I'm doing great this morning. You know, the technical difficulty has never seen to surpass us. You know, we get at least one a week, have two. That's why it's called live entertainment Antony. Things happen sen and are professionals that we work it out. My computer just wasn't working, so I had to come in through the phone line just like you're coming through. So anyway, we're here and ready to run row Antony. Yes, the weather's just fantastic outside. And yes, if people don't know, Monday was the first time in eleven years for my Simmons college golf outing that I got rained first time, and fancy, I'll let you describe it. Did we get rained or no, we did?
Speaker 2: It was it was on and off for a while, you know, it was it was a little different. It would kind of start raining hard for about you know, twenty minutes, and then we'll kind of cut off a little bit, then will come back on. It didn't fully stop raining until about two fifteen, two thirty.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I agree we started eleven ten. It was beautiful by the end when we were eating out in the veranda at Big Springs, it was beautiful. But guys, oh, it was just such a nightmare. I was like, if anyone has ever watched golf, and you watch the golf channel, or if you've watched the golf during the tournaments, they'll show you a torrential downpour raining like crazy, and there'll be a gentleman sitting under it looks like a little concession stand saying it's lightning up, it's lightning up. That was the entire hour and a half when we got through rain. I'm sitting there going it's lightning up, it's about to stop. My poor people were soaked. I mean just soaked. So I want to do something Anthony, because out of the twenty six or seven teams we have, we have a huge tournament. I want to say that twenty three twenty two stuck it out the entire way, and I want to thank them. I do. David Stanley, my teammate from a Ballot high school, great guy, great businessman. Thank you. Stefan Mack State Farm, Thank you. Wade Houston, Scooter McCrae, George Demmery, Steve Crumble, Bradford Smith, thank you. I had Mary kay lough Brooksy really good, great, great family, great things in this community. Thank you. Doctor Jerryson Darra from Campbellsville, came from Campbellsville, brought his team, won the tournament. Doctor Jerry and ire at University of Louisville together and just a fantastic serve the country. Fantastic man. If you need to learn how to shoot a gun, just asked doctor Jerry. He has every gun you'd ever see and he is a great marksman. We've got oh gosh, my mind, we've got Coca Cola. Herb Crooks, thank you for donating the drinks. Richard Pickering, Frank Harshaw, thank you, our heart. Buddy Peterson, thank you all, like always to supporting Simmons College, Heaven Hell Thornton's. Thank you for the donuts, your donations, your support. The Sports radio, thank you all, Ellen n Chris Brown, like always, the new football stadium, they do a tremendous job. Tony Coleman, Jerry Ellis at Shiny Park. Yes, the Ellis family, the Boxer, Great Family, Old National, Kenny Loggins of course, Anthony the Eves Town and Country, my boy, Billy Harmon who had Jack Gibbons on his team, Mike Vine, Herb Vine, my mentor, like I told everybody, that's just the truth, forever and forever. Gladys Barclay's Junior Bridgeman's Sons team of Chrise of course, the late great Junior Bridgeman Republic Bank. Like always, William Summers was out there meeting and greeting. Scott Trager has always supported e Sports Radio and Jerry East and Simmons College always. Court is the best, the best physical therapy in the city, no question. Randy Baufort, of course, used to be Trilogy Healthcare, my manager at University of Louisville. Martin Dunbar, Lee Wagner, my boy Lee Kyby Harrison. Guys, I mean, I just I love everybody that all supports Simmons, and guys, two thousand dollars there's a lot of money, so I appreciate you all coming out sticking it out with me. We had a great meal afterwards, and next year I'll talk to God and make sure it doesn't happen again. Victor Anderson in my neighborhood right here also supported my golf outing. So guys, just thank you for all the support and all the people. I just wanted to make sure I let everyone know that Simmons College and myself, I appreciate you all. John Gibbons drove from Cincinnati here guys to be a part of a golf out here. Roger Berkman, I mean, just everyone to make sure that Simmons is a success and to help Jerry Eves do that. I want to let everyone know I appreciate them. So now, Anthony, let's see other than that, it rained and I'll steel mad. Tuesday morning, I'm running around Anthony, picking up my dreams from Big Springs, taking things the coolers back to Big Springs, dropping off, picking up chicks after the weather's beautiful I'm like, the weather was beautiful Sunday. The weather was beautiful yesterday, and I mean it was during my golf outing. It couldn't have been worse. So anyway, that's the first time I'm batting pretty good. But I hated that for the groups that had to go out on Monday. Better luck next year, is all I could say. So anyway, that's where we are now. We've had all kinds of things transpiring in sports. We know, we've got the NBA game going on tonight. We'll be watching that changing ownership with Indianapolis coachs. We'll get to that Ersaes daughters taking over. We talk about that cat fans, And I'm being honest with you. I used to say anthy before you came on the show, that I was gonna bar vince Boro Big Dog out of the city of Louisville because he would come in and poach all the great players out of the city. Big Dog took him up to Lexington. Anthony, we've got Big Dog fans. Uh, Oh, we're gonna talk about that. That When when I found out about that, when a Kentucky big Kentucky fan called me and told me about that, that is a huge girl fan. He even said, uh oh, soop system in trouble. Stoop is in trouble, gentlemen. But we'll get to that, Simony. Where do you think, Where do you want to start? Where are we gonna start first? Today?
Speaker 2: You know, we we still got to get back on the topic.
Speaker 3: I know something that's still kind of on a lot of people's minds. It's talking about that Russ Smith situation. Now obviously we're talking about with him blowing less on the duy, blowing less than the legal limit, But we really wanted to get into do you believe that the.
Speaker 4: Breathalyzer in the field sobriety tests are really one not so much necessary, but are they really viable anymore at this point? Because people are blowing below the legal limit, they're blown lesson on the on the field sobriety test, and a lot of people are still getting duys or see't get arrested under that legal limit. Trying to figure out where the even ground is.
Speaker 1: No letting it almost not even so mu's letting it go, but more sort of a warning and helping someone get home safely, rather than someone's out who's just fully intoxicated. Anthony it's really tough. Everyone knows if you all don't thrust Smith with at my golf out in on Monday and his better half played golf CC plate with Mike Vine's team, and we understand what it transpired over the weekend. We do. And I want to say that there was a little of a police officer arrested for DUI off duty Hardin County was arrested for DUI. Also that blew less than the legal limit, okay, and the breathalyzer test. So I tell everyone, we like to be fair on the sports radio. I do not throw police officers under the bus unless they're wrong. I try to be fair on the show. I try to get both sides of the story. I don't give up names, but people do trust me after this long, this length of time being on the radio, Anthony and I do have friends in high places, and they do tell me the facts. I want to know the facts. I do, and then I like to try to inform you all to the best of my ability. I'm not a lawyer like some people on the radio. I know Matt's a lawyer, but I do get the facts, and you know, you don't always have to be a lawyer to be able to read and understand the law. The law. Most police officers are not lawyers, but they know the law. So I just want to go through the facts again. Russ Smith will stop the Baxter Avenue and Highland Avenue made a U turn. I'm sure we're going to see that on the body cam video. I'm sure so, guys, when this goes to court, I think next week. And we know civ Romaines is the best in the city. He is, He's very at defending his clients. He will have his case together in associa the city of Louisville. But we should see the U turn, okay, which is what brought the maserati to the policeman's eye. You make an illegal turn. You make a U turn on Backst Avenue and Highland Avenue if anyone's been there and it's going to make you go. I'm not saying that I haven't made you turns before. I want to be clear with everybody. I have made U turns when I'm not supposed to. I have, so I just want to be fair with people. But again, that's not the police officer's fault because he was doing his job. Let's just make sure I told my friends in high places that I would be fair, and I'm going to be I still have my stance on this. So let's go to the breathalyzer, Anthony and blowing the breathalyzer I've set for ten and a half years on Esports radio. Follow the directions of the police offic officers. That will keep you out of trouble. Now, a lot of people, if you social media, they say don't because police officers are asking you questions to trap you. Some are that's really bad. I don't know why, but they do. And that's a fact. I mean, we've heard it on tape. We've heard them and they're trying to get evidence from you. So a lot of lawyers will tell you never speak. But I don't say that police officer stops you. I say, the best of your ability. If you answer the questions, if you haven't done anything wrong, you should go on your way. You should not always, but you should. So Russ Smith follows directions. I found out Russ Smith was very polite. I want everybody to understand, not one negative word from Russ Smith, not one negative word from the police officer. I'm just being factual with you. Oh, not one. Both were very polite. Will you Restamith said yes, I will. Russ Smith did onseen and blew less than the zero point eight. Again, that doesn't mean, by law, you're not intoxicated, okay, That just means that you blew less than what they consider the legal limit. That's where I have a problem. I hate the gray area, the zero point eight to the zero point four to the zero point seventy nine discretion. I don't like that. Just make if it's if you blow zero point four, you're incotoxicated, simple point blank. The law gets police officers in trouble and it irritates the public. Period. Be definitive. If you're gonna make a law, be definitive. Period. Don't give me the gray matter. So for my hierarchy that I know you're listening, I'm with you. But be definitive. Okay. So he blows less than the legal limit, but that does not mean you're not intoxicated. So you have a field sobriety test, which I'm finding out now is truly the gauge. The field sobriety test is the gauge. I have not seen the tape of the field sobriety test. I want people to know that yet I will and I'll tell you, but I haven't seen it yet, so I cannot and I will not speak about that because I don't know. But we'll have to wait and see that piece. The second piece, truly the most important piece of the tests of the two, the field sobriety anthem. So when that comes out and we get to see it, which I'm sure Restmith's lawyer has seen it. I'm sure Restsmith was there, he'll have his opinion. I'm sure the police officer is going to have his opinion. Both were polite, there was no issues, no issues guys at all. But I'm sure there's two sides of the story. I just read Rest Smiths on television this morning that he disagrees with the arrest, so it'll play out in court. But to help our police officers, the law should be more definitive. Now without seeing the field sobriety, I'm not to go any further with that piece of it. But this is a piece I did want to bring up on the legal side. But again we need to look into we the public, we pay it. An example was given to me, if you said Uber Holme, Rust Smith, and he did, and you parked the car on the side of the road, and you're intending for him to come back when eight hours later, when you would think that he would be fairly sober able to drive a motor vehicle. But the person decides to come back that night and get his vehicle, and he's still intoxicated. Right, So the police officer, my idea of sending him home, sent him home. But he comes back and gets the car, he wrecks the car. Guys, he runs into someone, he injures someone, there's a fatality. What happens is the legal system is set up. The person was to Russ Smith and the city Now it's our dollars, taxpayers, everyone listening, that's our dollars. The City of Louisville buys insurance to pay. I'm just gonna be honest with you. The City of Louisville has been wrong so much it's had a hard time buying insurance. It's police officers have let me be correct, we've been wrong so much it's hard for the City of louis to buy insurance on itself. Our police officers have been wrong. That's just a fact. So that does put a double edged sword to this the police officer. It's not are you kind of is? It's fair? It is the law that the police officer and it's his opinion. If he thinks you're intoxicated, he must arrest you. That's all there is to it. That he has to do his job. So the police officer did his job. Russ Smith is going to have opportunity and his legal counsel to do their job. We have the best, I think legal system in the world. Let it play out, we'll find and we'll follow it. But I still would like it to be more definitive if it's not zero point eight. Because here's why, guys, I'll call it legal. I don't care what anybody says. You can have a drink, period point blank. It is legal. So if you can have a drink and someone stops you, a police officer stops you, and you blow zero point four, and the results on ones that say you're drunk and you say you're not, well, guys, here's the issue that I have, not with Russ Smith, but with people that we don't know. A young man gets stopped, he gets arrested for DUI, he wins the case. Okay, what happens is that dui. No matter what, the legal system will drop it off. It stays online for a long time. And when employers start to employ people and start to look they check online. They do. I know it for a fact. That's all there is to it. My wife is a hiring manager Republic. They check. They do their job, they try to find out about the people they're hiring. So when they see these things that are online that have not been taken off, it makes it very difficult for young people to progress and get jobs because it never leaves and people make determinations from that. So I just wanted you all to know it is very very tough on young people that get arrested that are not guilty. It still stays there no matter what. Well, they're not guilty. It should show us not what it shows. It shows rest ofvents was locked up for a dui. They'll have to go research deeper to find out was he acquitted, what happened? They don't do. That's a lot of work. Usually people move on. So that's why we have to be more sensitive with these things. When we're not definitive telling the law, we need to as the community say what is the limit? Are we going to say at zero point eight or if a zero point four, make a decision zero point four you're illegal, zero point three nine, you're not, period point blank. Forget to feel sobriety. Let's move on. Then no lawsuits come after that be definitive with the law sing, We're gonna leave it there. On the rest of it. He goes to trial next week. Of course he's a personal friend of mine. I think I've been fair at both parties. But again, it is a two edged sword, and it is very difficult on young people that do get arrest records. It's hard to get them purged completely from the internet. That's the only thing about the internet to young people, and I preach to them all the time it's there forever you must think through what you do. E Sports Radio seven to twenty five And when we get back, we'll get back to sports talk to you in a minute. Welcome back to the Sports Radio seven thirty two. We ran two breaks. I'm just trying to get my computer together, but my headphones in and neither shot, so I'm gonna have to invest in new headphones. So I'll just have to get a go go on me account. Everyone knows I'm cheap, so answering, here's the deal before we move on operating vehicle not a motor vehicle while under the influence. And I want people to understand, no peace officer or state I'm reading the actual law. No peace officer or state police officer should failed to enforce rigidly this section. Okay, the only problem I have with the section is that it's a loop. It does not define if there was an alcohol concentrate of less than zero point five, it shall be presumed that the defendant was not under the influence of alcohol. If there was an alcohol concentrate of zero point five or greater but less than zero point eight, such facts are not constitute a presumption. I'm sorry you went back small, and they're gonna blow it one assumption that the defendant either was or was not under the influence of alcohol. But such factors may be considered together with other competent evidence. So here's the deal, guys all, I'm saying to the legal system, if we're not gonna go by the numbers, there's no reason anyone ever blows into the breathalyzer. I can blow zero point six or the police officer blue zero point whatever, But it's below the zero point eight. After you do it, he's always gonna look at job. I don't like that. So what it means is you should never blow into the breath of lize. That's why I'm saying, we've put the police officers in a bad position. We've put the public in a bad position. We need to make our leaders to be definitive about the law and what they want. Because right now, if I was telling someone I'm a non drinker, easy for me, but drinking is legal. Don't blow in the breath A lots if doesn't mean anything. We've seen that now twice. You can still be presumed guilty. And they may have been. I'm not saying they worked, the police officer or Russ Smith. I'm not saying they worked, but I'm saying now and I've read them, I wouldn't brow the breathalyzer. I'd say, so I passed. And I'm the person that told people follow direction, but with this, i'd have to say I passed. So that's all We're gonna move on. Anthy And I didn't even have a chance to tell you, Shannon, but I sent you something that I want you to take a little time loading we'll get to it. We'll go to something else. We're not gonna go straight to Pittsburgh because I didn't tell you the loaded Shannon, but go to your email and load something. I've got something with Aaron Rodgers. We'll talk about Pittsburgh with Anthony. Let's go to Big Dog coming to university a little bit. What is your opinion when you heard that? What did you think?
Speaker 5: Well, I've heard I've heard different sides.
Speaker 4: Obviously, I heard the size obviously Wolves kind of.
Speaker 1: On the uprise right now, that while Kentucky's kind of a kind of a sinking ship is what I've heard. I'm not gonna quot anybody on that, but I heard things aren't looking too good for Big Blue Nation when it comes to the football side and Mark steps, so.
Speaker 5: A lot of people are kind of getting out there why they can.
Speaker 1: And you know, obviously, I.
Speaker 4: Think Louisville is a great move for him.
Speaker 6: Obviously, I think recruiting wise, you can still get good recruits, and the competition level to recruit there is not as steep as recruit against other teams in the SEC.
Speaker 1: That's one thing I will see. That's just pros.
Speaker 6: There's obviously being in the SEC, it's easier to recruit players because of the conference, the notoriety you get, the viewership, you know, the Kali for an average player in the SEC gets more praise than a good player in the ACC.
Speaker 5: And that is true right now.
Speaker 1: Just because the conference levels are so much different when it comes to steel wise. But at the same time, we've seen.
Speaker 6: Players that have flourished and done well in the ACC throughout different times of different areas, and the AEC can't get back to that position. It also just needs the right coaches to put it in that position. Even recruiters. We have the Deshaun Wahingtons, Jamesinston, Lamar Jackson's, Trevor Lawrence Is it can get back to there.
Speaker 1: It's had all star quarterbacks, just has Pro Bowl quarterbacks come out of there within the last seven to eight years. I think more Pro.
Speaker 5: Bowl quarterbacks than the SEC.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's a good question. You got a Super Bowl champion and hurt last year. I gotta give I gotta give every boy his a dude, because no one thought he could play, and he is a Super Bowl champ with the Philadelphia Eagles. But I agree with you.
Speaker 5: I gotta I gotta, I got I got an unpopular take about Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 1: Everybody, don't hate me for it. I just don't think he's as good as what he is. He's just on the best team, if the best offense and the best defense in the NFL. Okay, you don't have to be you don't have to be a superstar win a super Bowl. Here's what i'n I fight for, Lamar Jackson, fight tooth and nail. Everyone knows. That's the one thing Louisville fans don't get after me about. They know I'm a Jackson fan. Anthony. That ball touches her hand first and foremost every play. And the reason that their offenses are so good Baltimore and Philly is the running piece of their quarterback, the running piece Anthony, which he brings in. It's not just a good threat, it's a triple threat. No, no, I'm not worried about the just push. I'm talking about their playofftion run that they still do. Anthony. It's very difficult to prepare for Hurt Jackson running quarterbacks, Alan Anthony. It's hard to prepare for those guys. It really is, because it's a three head monster and he's one of them. People don't want to give him the zoo. And I want people to think about this. Two years ago, two years ago, in the Super Bowl, they lost to Anthony. The boy had game the five hundred yards pass him. The boy had two hundred yards rushing. They lost it. He had a big turnover at the end. But if you go look at his stats, he carried Philly. They've been to two super Bowls and give you miss dude, I'm just the one, the one that he did all the work. I to argue that the one he does all the words, he they lose the average work twice twice. Give you that man his due. He've been in super Bowl twice, and his super Bowl numbers, I guarantee you they're in the top five. Ever, he just had a big turnover. But I'm telling you know what, for some reason like to give him his due. Ruddy. But when you checked, we're talking about the best team. You got the best. No, no, you got the top run the three years ago. I'm talking about two or three years ago Antony. Looking they didn't remember the Super Bowl. They didn't. Again, as long as we I tell people this all the time, if I only evaluate somebody as if they win a super Bowl, then nobody's good. I'm just numbers and so short people.
Speaker 5: So I tell you questions solid, I'm gonna give.
Speaker 1: You an example. I'm gonna give you an example. Jerry's won NTU W A championship with University of LOUISO got me. Dirk Minifield, my boy Lexington went. I mean know him well, Anthony, you don't remember meeting, but he was in Houston with John Lucas all the camps when you were little, Anthony. I am telling you, as a player to player, Dirk Maunnafield is a better player than Jerry. She got me, never won, he never won a national championship. But that boy is a better player than I was, period, point blank. I've said it for I'll never change it. He is he was, Anthony. Was I frightening the player though? Could I beat a seam? Yes? All those things? But was he a better player? Yes he was. He never won the NAST championship, he won a state championship like I did. He never won a national championship. So it always because you win, it doesn't mean you're not a great player. That's all I'm saying. But you just see that you have to have that comparison is not the same reason. And I'm gonna say this for multiple reasons, one being.
Speaker 5: Football and basketball is not the same.
Speaker 1: When it comes to championships. For a fact, you can't win a Super Bowl with a bad quarterback or an average quarterback. And I had to say it. Even in NCAA, we have seen teams win with average point card. Yes, yes, I agree. You know you what's the last Super Bowl you can pull up?
Speaker 5: They won and the quarterback was just just horrible.
Speaker 1: Or he just wasn't that good. They don't even got credit. And he won the super Bowl last year.
Speaker 5: I'm getting him credit.
Speaker 1: I'm not about to just throw on top of the pedestal because and I put in the same situation if.
Speaker 6: We were, if we were starting to draft completely over and no Super Bowls were in pockets, would you be like, hmm, Jalen Hurts is the guy I'm gonna build my team around it. You probably picked five other quarterbacks in front of him.
Speaker 1: I might. But here's the deal, Anthony. It depends. It's why I told when Lamar.
Speaker 5: Was having It depends on the team. It depends on whose.
Speaker 1: Hell they want to build their team. Got me how they want to build what are they going to do to make their team successful? So, yes, it's unique. You have to get a quarterback and a coach and a staff that wants to build their team around a three headed monster past running back, quarterback running three things. Okay, that's all, but I super Bowl. That's fine, super and we bring up Lamar all the time. But what is Lamaro missing?
Speaker 5: And that three had his stake that he hasn't had his entire career, that every other quarterback has had.
Speaker 1: Stars star even even his best His best.
Speaker 5: Wide receiver was was Zave Flowers and Marquis Brown, who was like the option to on the Cardinals. Now he hasn't had even Josh Allen has Stefon Diggs. He had Khalil Mack. Jalen Hurts said A J.
Speaker 1: Brown and Devonte Smith where we don't know how long and they are both all Pro quarterbacks. Davonte Smith is arguably one of the best wide receiver twos in the NFL other than t Higgins. Credit I think got you. Lamar has been trying to three hit his snake roll by himself other than Derek Hell, we're talking about her. I'm still telling you to Ben twice, Ben twice. And let me ask you a question. Let me ask you a question. How is it that I will say and you will say that I loved Berrow. I thought he was m DP last year. He's been to one super Bowl. He didn't win it, but he's been to one super Bowl. He defeated Patrick Mahomes to get there, right, and I give him his dew, so do you. But when we say Jalen her for some reason, he's been the two super Bowls. His numbers in one of them is crazy good and and the numbers are phenomenal. Google him. I'm being honest, but we still he's won one, but we still give my hard time.
Speaker 5: Why is that because the same? His workload isn't the same.
Speaker 1: This is not the same. I can't compare apples or orders. He's not doing Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen type of work. He had a running back that almost broke he could have broke the NFL rushing record, laid off the gas, and we're saying so not Joe, Joe. Nobody else has had a running back and a rush over two thousand yards and like twenty touchdowns. Nobody Barkley had a great year. But Barkley had a great year because they still had to worry about him pulling that ball out and Jalen running it. I'm just telling you it makes it difficult on defenses. Just like Lamar. Lamar had a great running back this year. A great running back, Come on, now, a great running back. He could have gone, but no throw game. There's no throw games. It's all running. Like, what are we talking about?
Speaker 5: Is like is average at that?
Speaker 1: But with you so you're telling me the reason why Jalen was good is because he had great wide receivers. He's you can't you can't just pack in on the run game. You got two receivers. You got Devon Smith on the deep wall wide receivers. When we're gonna move on, we're gonna move on. When you knock a Super Bowl champ. That means he'll never be Secels that's all you Then there's no way he'll ever be a good in your opinion that you'll give him due. He's been there twice. He's doing it. I said he's good. I ain't saying he's great. You're saying he's just great up there because he has the best squad.
Speaker 5: I ain't give him that he's good.
Speaker 1: Wait, we're gonna wait, we're gonna want injury on one injury on that team, and they don't look the same. You let.
Speaker 5: He's out for six weeks, their record ain't the same.
Speaker 1: Well, last year, the year before, they had a rough year. They win a departed coach, but they still bounce back and he won a Super Bowl. And people continue to knock you. So I guess guarantee you he'll probably knock it on the door again. But we're not gonna give Jalen his dube. So anyway, Andy, we're seven forty five. Let's get back to Big Dog, Big Dog to Louisville. What does that say about the University of Kentucky. I think my opinion is that here's the facts when you're looking at it. Twenty nineteen, eight and five, they were fifth in the East out of seventeens. Twenty twenty one, very good, ten and three, five and three in the SEC, ranked eighteenth in the country. Final ap tremendous season for Kentucky football. That's a tremendous season. Twenty twenty one, twenty twenty twos, three and five, seven and six, still Bowl Eligible defeated University of Louisville, it's rival eighth place Havan eighth out of sixteen fourteen teams. Sixteen came in twenty three twenty twenty three, five three and five in Conference seven and six again bow Eligible, tenth place in the SEC twenty twenty three. Last year, one in seven in Conference four and eight, fifteenth place in the SEC. So yes, Stoops's program, now that you look at it, when we see Big Dog leaves, which in my opinion, is one of the best recruiters in the country. No question, he would come in the city of Louisville and get every player that he wanted. Kentucky has been trending down, so by Vince leaving guys, that is a smoking gun. I truly believe that coach Stoups is gonna have to be successful this year. He's gonna have to be four and four in the SEC. Five and three would be better, but four and four would save his job. Three and five, two and seven, I think he loses his job. Here's the problem. And I think Mitch Martnhart's done a really a really good job. He's been there a long time. He's a veteran at this, but he loves to give coaches both ends. He's got Lucky would coach Cali Perry my Man paid him a lot of money up front and paid him a huge buyout. Anthony, I'm telling everyone I've been in this business forever. Everyone knows that that's been in the business. I'm either going to pay you up front but out on the back end. I'm gonna pay you reasonable upfront and I'm gonna pay you on the back end. But I'm not gonna pay you both. What does that mean. I'm not gonna make you one of the highest paid coaches in the SEC and football and give you one of the biggest buyouts. That doesn't make sense. I'm gonna give you one of the two when you're negotiating. Coach Steves has done a great job. It's not to where Kentucky can signing. He makes a lot of money. Nine and a half plus ten million dollars. He's got a thirty six million dollar buyout. And I think that something is gonna have to transpire and will transpire. And here's the funny thing. Even though Kentucky's got the money, I'm trying to get fans Kentucky, You's got the money. Guys, trust me, it's a one time payoff. From what I read, I'm not saying this is not definitive. I have not gotten his contract in front of me. I can have miss when black Burnet's state school, I can run his contract. But from what I picked up on the internet, so I'm not saying this is one hundred percent truthful. It is to be a one time payout. But I will find out for sure of almost thirty six million. So guys, we got to get to our last break at seven forty eight. When we come back, we're gonna listen to Aaron Rodgers and the Pittsburgh Steelers E Sports Radio. We'll talk to you in a minute. Welcome back to the sports radio shout in. I'm gonna throw it to you. Let's listen to Aaron Rodgers speaking about his new team and coach, the Pittsburgh Steeven.
Speaker 7: If it is for a long time. There's a few iconic franchises in the NFL. I played for one of them for eighteen years. This is another one one of those. There's something special about, obviously this area. So many great quarterbacks are from Pittsburgh. I feel like Pittsburgh has been a part of my career from the beginning, playing for Mike McCarthy for thirteen years, having Tom Clements with Tommy Clements to been on Old You are as my quarterback Hoast Forever, Don Capers, Kevin Green, Darren Perry, Ben McAdoo, Frank Signette, Luke Getsy. I don't want to forget anybody, but a lot of insurs in my life. The idea that somehow I need to or have spent most of my career playing outside of an offensive system is just not correct. So I'm gonna learn the offense and Arthur and I are going to talk a bunch this summer, and if there's things that I like that I'd like to see in the offense, Arthur, I'm sure is gonna put it in. But he knows how to call a game. I know how to get us in the right spot based on what's called. There's two or three plays called in the huddle. Sometimes my jobs to get us in the right play.
Speaker 1: Great, Thank you, Shannon Anthony. Really good point. The last point Aaron Rodgers speaking about as though calling two or three plays and then in the quarterback when he sees the defensive alignment will make the call. There's a lot going on in football games, a lot. That's why they huddle every play, and there's a lot to do as a quarterback. All it says to me is Aaron Rodgers is definitely a top ten quarterback of all time, super Bowl champ period. Pittsburgh must want someone in next year's draft or a person that they're going to get out of free agency next year, because they signed Aaron to one year. No matter what, Aaron's forty one years old. Guy, he's not going to be forty it's not going to go to thirty nine. He's going to go to forty two. Now Pittsburgh will do a better job of protecting him and the discipline the Steelers will be better. But I think Pittsburgh just wanted to find a one year's solution. They didn't like the quarterbacks and this year's draft. They must like some in next year's draft that they think that they'll be able to get in their position. I don't think they're throwing this season away, Anthony. I think that they think that they'll make the playoffs again with Aaron Rodgers, which means they're going to be drafting somewhere eighteen to thirty two, and they think that they'll be able to find the player they want in that area, is my opinion. I think Aaron Rodgers picked the perfect team because Pittsburgh knows what it's doing. They understand the game. They play both ends offensively and defensively. They'll want him not to turn it over. His numbers last year for Aaron Rodgers were poor. Thirty eight hundred yards, twenty eight touchdowns, which is good, but he had eleven turnovers interceptions, which is for him, way too many. At the quarterback raty a forty eight point one, so that's twenty fifth out of thirty two. But again, who was he playing for? Anthony? Who was he playing for? We surprise, So we'll have to wait and see. But I know it's a one year solution. This is not long term. And I think that they'll keep him upright. They'll run the ball quite a bit, and I think that he'll help him win close games and Pittsburgh is always in close games. But will they beat Baltimore and Cincinnati. I mean, we'll have to wait and see. Buffalo, We'll have to wait and see. What do you think about that situation? It's a tough one. I mean, we saw the tapital the last few years, and even with the Jets of torn Achilles and the lead in the bounce back season.
Speaker 4: Afterwards, they didn't make the playoffs.
Speaker 5: It's you know, I like Aaron Rodgers' quarterback, but I think his time has passed already. I just that's just the fact that for twenty million dollars, I think, in my mind is crazy.
Speaker 1: He's not worth twenty They didn't thirteen million, thirteen point six, ten million guaranteed. That's what he gets paid. Thirteen point six. That's one year deal. It is ten million guaranteed. Yes, well, and then the NFL standards not anymore. They're paying and they say college guys are getting for me any year. They say, your boy Cooper Flag make three million.
Speaker 4: Hey, dude, that's about what he's worth.
Speaker 1: That's about what And you do Blue Devils and Murray Racers bust them and sent them home. Murray's going to the College World Series.
Speaker 3: Just what.
Speaker 1: I ain't you're you're worth? Like, wait to train them. That ain't changed a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Dukes, basketball, Texas football, all the other sports is a tuls up. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't care about basketball and football push your pro NFL team whyt you leave them out.
Speaker 5: The Parrotlanta Panthers a horrible, horrible, probably the worst franchises right now.
Speaker 1: I have to give you credit. You've stuck with them all the way through your life. Guys, congratulations on having a chance to put a smile on someone's face. Please do God will. Then I'll be back Thursday, which will be the twelfth of June. We love you, talk to you later. Bye bye,