Speaker 1: Time for a second Date update. I hope we can make a love connection. Let's see, we have got Matthew standing by in Glastonbury. Good morning, Matthew, morning. Hi, welcome to the show. Second Date Update. You're getting ghosted, because that's what second Date Update is. Tell us about this date you had with a woman named Jordan.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so we had a great time.
Speaker 3: We went out and just had like really great conversation and I don't know, I had just an amazing time with her. She's a really just beautiful, funny girl, like so much fun. And I've called her twice since then and just absolutely no response. Totally getting ghosted. And I just don't have any idea.
Speaker 4: Why did you pay for the date I did?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, this is actually going to be a really good question.
Speaker 4: I promise we go. Did you pay attention to your date?
Speaker 5: Because I know there are a lot of things happening right now in the sports world, and if you went to like a bar, sports bar, there's TVs on, you're not giving one hundred percent that you should be giving.
Speaker 4: Did you pay attention to your dates?
Speaker 2: Oh? Definitely, I would never do that. Yeah. Yeah, I definitely was totally focused on.
Speaker 6: Earth good Man, good Man.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good because the one the biggest thing for me is guys always talk about themselves incessantly and never ask the woman about herself. On a date. You were, you were talking to her, you were interested in what she had to say, and you were asking her questions.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, no, yeah, that's like of course. Yeah, definitely was asking all kinds of questions to find.
Speaker 3: Out about her.
Speaker 7: You weren't drunk, messy, eater, any of that.
Speaker 4: We're just running down the chair.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're just like trying to eliminate any issues.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, sounds terrific. God, No, I was. I was not any of those things.
Speaker 6: Okay, fabulous. He sounds like such a lovely guy, I know. He just sounds like, Hello, Hi is Jordan there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, this is Jordan Jordan.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Courtney.
Speaker 4: Hey Jordan, it's Walmart Jeff.
Speaker 1: Hey Jordan, it's Savannah. You're on the radio. You're on Kiss ninety five seven this morning.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, well.
Speaker 1: I suppose I should tell you you're on Second Date Update. Have you heard of Second Date Update?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've heard of update.
Speaker 1: Okay, well the reason you're on is because you are the person that's ghosting somebody. Jordan Matthew called us. He said, uh, you were beautiful and funny and smart. The day was amazing. He says, he's reached out you, I think, called, not even texted like a real old gentleman would do. He's called you a couple of times, and you're ghosting him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so okay, like I hope that he does all not listening, but like he was just he was just too nice and I really don't well, he didn't like it at all.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, So you're telling me you're ghosting him because he was like, what happened on the date that he thought he was too nice? Yeah, explain that's a weird complaint.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: So okay, we get to this restaurant and like it it's pretty nice. I mean, he helps me get out of the car, which again very.
Speaker 1: Sweet, very sweet, incredibly.
Speaker 8: Sure, and I expect him to hold the door open for me. Instead, I turned around and he's helping an old couple get into their car, and I was like, that's sweet, I guess, but also like I want a man that like will open the door for me before he helps anyone else.
Speaker 1: All right, wait wait wait wait wait, Jordan, you're upset because he should have helped you out of the car first and held the door, then help the elderly couple.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the fact that it's heard around and like no one was there because he was helping someone else. Like it's nice that he's helping someone else, but the fact that, like, all right, I was just like left there.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that's off. That's awfully minor.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason you've been ghosting him, I know, for helping old people.
Speaker 8: No, I mean, okay, that was just like the beginning, okay, then where we're at the dinner table and like honestly very boring conversation and like I I can't even remember what it was about, that's how boring it was. And he then mid conversation gets up and it helps another woman with her coat as she's leaving, and I'm just like, am I that born to that? Like in the middle of a conversation, you gotta go help someone with her coat? And then he kept like doing the napkin on his lap, like I feel like it was like it's just like too much for me, Like I like a guy that's more on the edge, like I just I don't know. And also I didn't necessarily find him the most attractive. He sunds like a doll for him, like he was six foot one, and like for me, I only date guys above six foot three, and so like already I was going into it kind of like I don't know.
Speaker 7: But okay, Jordan, so let's take our nice, over six foot tall guy that respects the elderly and women, and let's just throw him to.
Speaker 1: He's like six'y one. That's that's tall most jazz, That's what That's.
Speaker 4: What I was saying. If this guy is such a catchport, why don't you date him?
Speaker 1: No, this is exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: He's tall, he cares about the elderly, about women, like.
Speaker 1: Let's bring him on. Jordan, you didn't think he was listening. Matthew was listening. Matthew, you're just a nice guy that's apparently only six ones. How dare he be sure? It's not sure. I'm being sarcastic.
Speaker 2: That's like a bad thing to be nice. I'm really just taken aback by that. I mean, I guess if that's your thing, then I wish you, you know, very good luck on your journey to finding somebody mean, a bad boy?
Speaker 1: Are you looking for a bad boy?
Speaker 5: Jordan?
Speaker 8: I call Matthew back because like, I don't want him to feel bad, but like that's just like how I feel like, I feel like I need like a more rigid, like badass man, and so like I just but also like I don't feel like I'm an awful person. So I wasn't gonna call Matthew and be like, hey, you're kind of too nice.
Speaker 1: You don't like, is this really happening right now? You would just say I don't feel a connection. It was great to meet you. Maybe you guys both Wow, we disagree.
Speaker 4: Jordan is one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 3: All right, listen, thank you.
Speaker 1: I usually offer, you know, to pay for the next date if you guys want to go, but this is a complete like I don't want you, Matthew to be like a dirty boy or whatever, just because you know, I don't want you to change for Jordan.
Speaker 8: I agree.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I appreciate you Jordan being honest with us.
Speaker 8: I try, I really try, except for when I go then I just stay silent.
Speaker 1: Matthew, You've got your answers. Thank you so much for being on Second Date.
Speaker 2: Update two, Thank you so much, very appreciated.