Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we're here, We're here. We got this on. Come on, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen her.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, you wake your hands off. Snaky Rod Ryan's show here ready to go on a Monday. I'll you're up to a great start to your day. A lot of pictures coming today, A lot of pictures coming today on Links and Guests, we'll be recapping the twentieth anniversary party that went down on Saturday. It was awesome, so much fun. Don't want to rub it into the people that weren't there, but we'll share a ton of stuff with you. Lots of pictures on Links and Guests today. Oh Matt is going for win number three, fresh out of bad Head to head Challenge. Deftones are playing the Toyota Center. We're gonna get you in an home room on the fun Fact Flashback Texas Hammer Game is how you're gonna get your pit tickets to corn Gojira that is coming up on Sunday at the Woodlands. Highly suspect tickets at eight twenty. We got the national contest at nine ten, going to the I think you gotta go to the website with the word that we give you a chance to win one thousand dollars and then Monster Jam already Monster Jam is this weekend Monster Jam. We got pit passes and a four pack passes to go to Energy Stadium to join us out there on Saturday. I got tickets for you. I know the show all right. Tempers had chanceer rain, mostly sunny. Do you think I'm like, maybe I don't have all the crowd out of my eyes yet? No, hie today of ninety seven, what could be a record breaking day? Today?
Speaker 3: Good morning test. I go to Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning riding running home room.
Speaker 4: So a Las Vegas man is now facing charges. He was arrested at a checkpoint. So Former President Trump was having a rally in Coachella Valley yesterday or excuse me, Saturday, and the Riverside County Sheriff's office said this forty nine year old man was found to have multiple guns illegally in his possession, so he was taken into custody just ahead of the start of the rally and has since been released on bail. Meanwhile, SpaceX successfully launched its starship or rocket on Sunday morning. FA on Saturday issued a new license to SpaceX after requiring them to limit harm to the environment along the South Texas coast. Heing liftoff after blasting off a super heavy booster rocket successfully returned to the launch tower in Texas. Starship is the largest rocket ever built and was designed to carry NASA astronauts to the Moon. So basically, SpaceX pulled off his giant chopsis idea yesterday morning, right here in our backyard, right here in South Texas. Let's talk about Columbus Day or Indigenous People Day. A poll found Americans are still more likely to say we should sellbraided. Forty three percent people approve of Columbus date, twenty three percent disapprove, but everyone else doesn't know where it doesn't care. Sixty nine percent agree that Christopher Columbus played an important role in American history, but twenty percent now say he was mostly a villain.
Speaker 1: There's a new clown in town.
Speaker 4: Terrifier three sours as joker two sinks. What am I talking about? Well, you know, we were all really amped up on this Joker filet a zoo. Many people have said it's been a massive disappointment, but killer clowns haven't fallen completely out of favor. Terrifier three is an unrated gorefest. It features Art the Clown, and it was a surprise hit at the box office so far, taking eighteen point two million dollars in its opening weekend.
Speaker 5: That makes it the number one movie in the country.
Speaker 3: Clown is terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yikes, yaikes, yich. Let's talk about.
Speaker 4: Oasis because they're upcoming twenty twenty five concert reunion tour and supposed comeback album. Is all rock lovers can talk about it. But you know it's only a matter of time before or you are pushed back into the spotlight. On sn now. So yesterday SNL attempted to bring a level of lightheartedness to the heavy topic of them not being able to get along. Liam and Noel, well, they don't.
Speaker 5: Think it was funny.
Speaker 4: Liam Gallagher was like, are they meant to be comedians? That was his comment. But you can go check out the skit everything on the music bog page. Those are Houston sidlings.
Speaker 1: Come on, no Well, well I didn't know. I didn't know that the Texans in the franchise history have never beaten the Patriots, not at all.
Speaker 3: Get okay, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was just like it like after getting your ass beat by like the entire leagueretty much geting ask bit by the Patriots.
Speaker 1: It just felt good to just kick their asses and.
Speaker 6: Really what we got to watch yesterday Texans got another dub, beating the Patriots forty one to twenty one. You had backups in at the end of the game, didn't let the sweat it out.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. CJ Stratt through for three touchdowns in the game. They made Drake May look like a rookie.
Speaker 6: He got a couple of Welcome to the NFL hits yesterday I saw Texans are now five and one to start the year. They going to play the in their next game on Sunday. Monday Night Football Tonight, Aaron Rodgers and the Jets host Josh Allen and Rod Ryan's Buffalo Bills. Bills come into this is one point favorites. Kickoff is at seven to fifteen and you can watch it on ESPN and the MLB Playoffs. Yesterday, the Dodgers let the Mets nine to nothing in Game one of the NLCS. Today, Dodgers and Mets play Game two of that series at three oh eight.
Speaker 1: You can watch it on Fox. Then at six thirty eight.
Speaker 6: The Yankees and Guardians are gonna play Game one of the Alcs.
Speaker 1: You can watch that on TBS. That's going on in sports. All right, let's go, guys. If you would like the first phone call today, I'd love to talk to you. Anything goes. What do you want to talk about? Get us started today? All right? Come in Hot Though seven, one, three, two, five, The most interactive show on the radio starts right nxty four and five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rot Ryan Show, Mills Monday. Yeah, yeah, welcome back to the weekend. Everybody. Columbus Day, Indigenous People's Day. My kid doesn't have school. She's excited about today.
Speaker 5: And she's been off for like eight days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she has been. But we're here, we're working. I guess a couple of people are off of work today. It's just like a post office day that you can't like mail out a letter.
Speaker 5: But she still get your radio. I can still get your radio.
Speaker 1: Absolutely off. Absolutely well you made I finally watched the Sopranos and I remember they actually covered this. And this is Christopher Columbus.
Speaker 2: Is he here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Listen, guys, we're going to be very very busy today.
Speaker 1: I you know, you can't even talk on this radio show today without mentioning last over the weekend on Saturday, the twentieth anniversary party. There's gonna be a lot of pictures that are coming up on links and guests pretty good. It was the best party ever, people are saying, and I think it's true. It was the best party ever, And it was the most fun I have had at a buzz event ever. With me, there are there how many buzzfests have we all done? Testa even you how many buzzfests? How many we can Weenie roast or all these different parties that we've had. We've had everything, and then there was a ten year celebration and there's just been so many unbelievable things that have happened. I can honestly tell you that Saturday was the most fun that I've ever had to finish. It was just out of ten at a buzz event, and just you never want to complain about this job, but sometimes at Buzzfest, man like we're running and no one's ever gonna like sympathize with us. And it's not hard work. It's not like swinging a hammer all day. But when we're running around on those buzzfests. And when we had the two stages and we're interviewing bands and stuff, everyone would ask me, are you super excited about Buzfests. I'm like, yeah, I am.
Speaker 3: It's a super long day and we're running.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, okay, Rud's complaining about interviewing rock stars. Not complaining. I'm not complaining. It's just you don't get to relax and soak it all in because you're moving so fast. I went into this thing saying, I want to enjoy this. I got my sister in town, my kid's going to be there, Like, I wanted to enjoy it, and I didn't know if I was going to be able to because if you're walking around and you're shaking hands and you're taking pictures, and it just the next thing you know, the day's over. It's like a wedding reception. And I told Alex, you know, and everybody that ever gets married, it's like, bro, somehow you got to enjoy it. Yeah, because you're walking around and there's a pressure to walk around to every table and say hi to everybody, and most people that get married by the time the last song is played, you're like, what the hell just happened? It goes by in a blur. I was trying to soak in every moment of it. I did soak in every moment of it. It was the best event that we've ever had. Every band was awesome. Yes, it was like Rosie start off. It was hot, it was.
Speaker 6: Great, it was perfect, and like, there was not a downside of the entire thing, and there's a there's not a bad part of the entire day.
Speaker 1: It was great. Yeah, lots of pictures are coming away to end. I didn't want it to end either. I just I was having such a good time. I had such a good time. So I can't wait to do some recapping on that. And I just got to say on the Blue October on the Blue October Instagram page, I mean, Justin just said the absolute nicest things.
Speaker 5: It's not on Facebook too. I was wondering if you saw that.
Speaker 1: I just couldn't believe just what a beautiful guy that is. Man, just it was unbelievable.
Speaker 4: He does something to my insides whenever he's around. I like texted Travis, I was like, I'm cheating on you right now. I can't explain it, but I'm watching him sing. I'm watching Justin and I somehow am cheating on my boyfriend right now.
Speaker 1: He was doing like a stand up routine in between songs too. It was awesome good.
Speaker 5: We smells so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, more on that. I've got some of those fragrances Intel, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got more on that here.
Speaker 7: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Boy, lots of calls coming in Clarence. Good morning, moaning brother Rod.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great, man, I'm doing great, still right high from Saturday. I mean yesterday I was whooped, I was beat, but been a great mode. How could you not be after Saturday? Were you a part of it?
Speaker 2: Yes? I was? And you were right. That was one of the greatest parties, greatest concert I have ever attended.
Speaker 1: It'll never be matched. It will it will never ever ever be matched. There will be fun things that we will continue to do here, and we've done fun things twenty years, twenty plus years now. I don't know what it was. There was just something. It was absolutely it.
Speaker 5: Was a special.
Speaker 1: It was magical and it wasn't you know, It's like the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. It's like, let's celebrate rod No, the party was for you guys, keeping this radio show on the air for twenty years. That's what the party was for. It's like, thank you. I can't do this without you, guys. And I said it every single time I picked up the microphone. It's not about me. It's about you guys, and you know, and those of you that were in the audience, and I.
Speaker 2: Give you you, thank us for us coming out, for sitting and the heat and getting through that. And I saw when Rosie came on first. It was it was a great, great beginning to the day. Everyone was sitting around and just rocking out and just happy and smiling, introducing each other. Y'all are walking around taking pictures. Y'all weren't too busy to stop and think everyone from coming out. And I would have to agree with Tessa's every band was great, but justin from October, those acoustic renditions of the song now I'm a man and who are very comfortable with my feelings, And for some reason tears were coming out of behind.
Speaker 1: I saw more people crying. That is something to you, right, And then he turned around he said, I don't know, I brought invited me here. I'm like, I'm the most morose, you know, I'm singing all these depressing songs, and he's, you know, he's trying to bring some levity in between all the songs because he does sing some songs that you know, they mean a lot to a lot of people. And it was such a party festival. But he can pull it off. He pulled it off.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would love to hear that rendition that I hope you're happy again. For me, it was the most beautiful songs I've probably heard in year. It's just that version of it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to church on a Saturday, like Justin took us to church on a Saturday.
Speaker 5: It was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Listen, Clarence, I'm so glad you were a part of the celebration.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You've got any pictures to share, send them.
Speaker 1: Along, right, all right?
Speaker 3: Brother, all right, thank you so much. Thank you to everybody.
Speaker 1: It was so much fun. I mean, take a short break when we come back in a red check for you'll find out what's trending. Uh, we all are doing six picks. Think they're up.
Speaker 5: I think they're up, they're already.
Speaker 1: So this is one of those days where Chilly doesn't really say much to me when he comes in. This mother father right here, everybody, including the Wizard. I think we're each of us are going to have our six picks from the day and like what was special to us, and you know, through through the lens of each one of us on the show. Six picks from all of us on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 8: Houston's alternative and tom of the Rod Ryan Morning shown the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Welcome back from the weekend, everybody. It looks like everyone's got six picks on links and guests this morning.
Speaker 3: So I can't wait to go through all of those.
Speaker 1: Guys. Today's high is ninety seven degrees. I don't like disgusting. I think it's tomorrow's gonna be hot too, and then Wednesday and Thursday at drops in temperature, but record setting day today, What the hell? What's trending over there?
Speaker 4: So you have the mill of leading all links, but not far behind that are everyone's six picks. So in the last ten minutes, rod people are clicking on your six picks from the weekend.
Speaker 5: Then Alex's than mine, then chew, and then we also.
Speaker 4: Have a recap page of the twentieth anniversary party, So if you guys want to go click on that. Those are all our prospective picks. How we didn't get your picks, Uh, they haven't been submitted yet, so why don't you just send those over? I have some video Mama Cash dancing. She is always she's always so much fun, so so so much fun.
Speaker 1: So that the mill our pictures.
Speaker 4: I don't want to talk about anything else besides the twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 5: So yeah, well we'll do news. We'll do all that stuff very soon.
Speaker 9: Good morning, everybody, former fresh good Matt here, Now you're fresh out of bed. HiT's a head two day Champions, so sorry, No one pump shop this morning. Join me on Monday when I make you win number three my.
Speaker 1: Bees seven, one, three, five if you think you can beat this guy. The Run Ryan Show, Good Morning on four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Stained So all right, so we're just gonna have to deal with it. Nobody's nobody is excited about ninety seven degrees as you're hide today, Tomorrow is going to be another warm one and that it's supposed to cool off on Wednesday and Thursday, but ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny skies and record setting temperatures today.
Speaker 10: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners. Hey, Matt, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 11: Rod?
Speaker 2: Morning?
Speaker 3: Good morning to you. Are you going for win number three today?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I believe that is correct. Okay, we're still trying to catch up on all this stuff here, all right, we'll good. Were you there?
Speaker 2: No, man, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately I would. I would have loved to have bit man.
Speaker 2: Very deserting brother. You're doing what you do.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I really appreciate that. Thank you so much. Tommy more Ris, Tommy the gun. Where have you been? What's your brother? Rodsund? Okay? You played this year? Yeah, that's chilly for you. I don't know why people like that guy. He never picks up the phone. Easy on him, it's working hard today.
Speaker 3: When did you play last, Tommy?
Speaker 1: I think it was in March?
Speaker 2: Okay like that.
Speaker 1: Obviously you didn't know, well, obviously you didn't go in the hall. Of fame.
Speaker 3: I'll say that I don't know. I don't know how well you did. But welcome back Matt and Tommy. What are they playing for?
Speaker 4: I've got a parent ticket seed Judas Priest on there in Vincentville's Shield Tour at Smart Financial Center October twenty second.
Speaker 1: Breaking the law, Breaking the law. All right, guys, Tommy and Matt, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Show people that you know. Monday games don't have to sound like Monday games. Okay, here we go. Question number one, what breakfast beverage does Folgers make? Tommy coffee, Tommy coffee, Tommy coffee, Comy coffee, Tommy.
Speaker 5: Tommy shouted, He shouted out coffee. Who did Tommy.
Speaker 1: Say, Tommy? And then he said coffee. He said coffee after you, Tommy, you shouted out your name, Yes, sir. Okay, Tessa's trying to Monday this game, he said, Tommy.
Speaker 5: Why is he giggling? Why is he giggling?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure you said Tommy and you said coffee before he had officially said that it was you.
Speaker 3: Next question, I've been staring at this one for a while.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get rid of it which movie franchise had a character that would creepily whisper my precious Tommy, Tommy.
Speaker 2: Gosh, Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the hell you're talking about? So creepy? And they didn't watch those movies. I don't know. I watched the first one. I was it. Okay, you need uh Tommy coffee Winner today, upsetting, Matt Hey, matt that's it for you, Hey man, all right, thank you, matt Hey, Tommy for coffee. What do we call you? Tommy coffee? You want to I haven't had enough coffee yet. Maybe so you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 1: Their okay, Well then we'll do that.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna send you to the Judas Priest concert, hang.
Speaker 13: On the Rod Ryan Show, on.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Three Days Grace, just like you man, expecting big, big things out of three Days Grace. In twenty twenty five, as Adam Gontier is back in the fold, they're gonna roll with two lead singers now, and uh, it's gonna be fun. It's gonna be fun. They're saying new music is coming a tour. Everything cannot wait. I am here for all of that good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I'm still riding the high from Saturday's party. I'm still going through picture pictures. Victor was out there, and Victor Pania. You know, he's been taking pictures for us for such a long time, and he was out there, and he was just everywhere. He was working. I can't even imagine. I didn't talk to him. He had to just be laid up all day on Sunday. He must have put twenty thousand steps in. Yeah, him in that camera at his he was just booking it and he did such a great, amazing job of capturing the party, the atmosphere, all of the energy, and you know, and how's here?
Speaker 3: Hell knows? Man, that whole photography gig.
Speaker 1: You think you're just sitting there standing around taking pictures like you used to do it at a lot how many buzzfests And he'd have like four of those cameras hanging off him, and how would be soaking wet after the first band, but you'd have to go between the side stage and the main stage. There was so much running. We lost a lot of weight back then. Yeah, and that was before we had owners of our steps, twenty thousand steps at a month. Best victor did twenty thousand steps on Saturday, and the pictures are there, and then all of our six picks are on links. And guess I'll make sure you go and you check that stuff out.
Speaker 10: Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge, here's your current champion.
Speaker 14: Good morning, everybody, tell me the gun back on the game. I am your fresh out of bed head to head one game champion. Join me on tat Tuesday when I make it win number two.
Speaker 2: Bitches.
Speaker 1: There you have it. He's back on and plenty of time, plenty of time here on October fourteen to get into that Hall of Fame. I think we only have like eleven people in there. So if he's making your move to get into the Tournament of Champions this year sponsored by Planet Fitness, one thousand dollars goes to the winner and a year membership the Planet Fitness. Nice whoever wins the brackets. All right, it's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 4: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, here we go with some fun facts for you today. I like this one because you just look around me. I'm a sharpie, I am a post it note. I'm a highlighter guy. All right.
Speaker 3: I like the school supplies.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got my stapler right there. I'm ready to go. Highlighters, which nothing has changed since college. Look at this piece of paper in front of me. Three quarters of it is highlighted. What was the rule twenty percent when you're in college. I think they told you, like, you shouldn't be highlighting twenty percent of your books. My books were highlighted eighty percent. It was like the the one thing I'm paying attention, but I'm not highlighting. Uh huh. And then you'd buy people's use books and you had that person.
Speaker 4: Thanks, I appreciate it. I was like, thank you for highlighting.
Speaker 1: If you bought a used book and that person was a good if they like kind of matched your highlighter, if they matched your highlighter energy, then it's like that book was so valuable. Anybody about mine was like this, just this guy had it all. Yeah. Highlighters were originally yellow, which I'm looking at this through a yellow highlighter right now as I read this. Highlighters were originally yellow because they wouldn't leave a shadow. When a paper was xerox, you could highlight it, but it didn't come across in the coffee machine. Who I thought tea bags? Careful, kids are listening, not though real tea bags like to make tea real tea bags. I don't know what were you thinking of. Tea bags were invented by accident in nineteen oh eight a salesman in New York. He sent samples of tea to people in silk bags. They assumed that they were supposed to put the entire bag into the pot. And then the trend caught off that I just assumed everything with tea came from Britain. We invented the tea bagsuck England.
Speaker 3: We invented all the tea bags.
Speaker 1: Next up, stop, stop, guys, you can do it all right, This is fun. Darius Rutger, Darius Rutger, Hoody. You call him hoody, And you know what many people did call him hoody hoody and the Blowfish assumed that he was hooty and the guys in the band were the blowfish. No, those were two nicknames for his friends in college. One had big eyes and looked like an owl. They used to call him hooty and the other one had big cheeks. Blowfish. It was Hoody and the Blowfish. They were friends of Darius. That's neat, We make you look smart. Leonard Skinner their gym teacher. It was their gym teacher. And then the weird spelling of it. There's a story about that as well.
Speaker 5: I want to show y'all the Hoody clip from over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Darius Rutger fell at a concert and he got up and he goes, I'm haffing old thing.
Speaker 5: It's so funny.
Speaker 1: What's the giving away?
Speaker 4: I'm prepared to can see Deaf Tones and the Mars Volta Live and Toyota Center March sixteenth.
Speaker 1: Your fuck? Who did the y m c A.
Speaker 3: Sue in the seventies?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that should be a pretty easy I think it's a pretty easy one. Uh.
Speaker 3: They dropped the suit, but for a short time they were suing.
Speaker 1: Somebody.
Speaker 3: Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 6: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: There's my man, Captain Cash. Highlight for you on Saturday? Was there one thing that stuck out over everything else?
Speaker 15: Just the uh enthusiasm, I mean, just the whole thing was amazing.
Speaker 1: It was such a good vibe. It was, you've seen all the bands except for Jacob Noll. None of us have seen Jacob mill and I it was. I told him he was a wild card. He told me he was a wildcard. And man, he played for an hour. He was unbelievable. It was. It was a lot of fun. Yeah, all right, it was cool, all right, Well, how do we do on Wall Street on Friday? Friday was a good day.
Speaker 12: The daw was up four hundred and nine points.
Speaker 15: Kickoff this morning at forty two thousand and eight ninety three, nastac up sixty to eighteen thousand, three forty two benchmark ten. Your treasuries trading at a four point one percent, and oil stands at seventy three dollars seventy two cents a barrel. To the most actives, the big studs, JP Morgan, Chase, Boeing and Goldman Sachs. The big duds Apple and Salesforce. The economic calendar this morning is all clear. Right now, Dow futures are down. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out here.
Speaker 15: This is howling manage A director with Raymon James Port for the right of ice show from Ramy James on Samfley, Ben Augustin deficate toys rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 7: Bamian's expressed are those of all Land and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, NYT AS, IBC, I, ART Radio or AT sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end This program as are educational and informational services on the The studs duds are based on movement as reported by Young Finance or.
Speaker 1: FID The Buzz. Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Welcome back. Let's go over to the phones here, Hi, good morning, good morning. Hi. Who's this there is? Paul?
Speaker 3: Good morning to you. Welcome to home room.
Speaker 1: The Uh the YMCA, they sued somebody in the seventies, shortly dropping that lawsuit.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: Who who was the YMCA suing?
Speaker 2: I believe it the village people.
Speaker 1: Yeah dude. Oh now, let's got a little backup music here for so Yeah, they initially sued the Village People over the song. YMCA. They dropped the suit when they found out that their membership had gone like way up thanks to the song. This was the best thing that ever happened to the YMC. Yeah, so they just skill they.
Speaker 3: Kind of let it go.
Speaker 1: Paul, you are correct. What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: You're gonna get a pair of tickets to the Depth Tones and the Mars Volte.
Speaker 5: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: Did you hear that or did you fall down stairs?
Speaker 2: That's awesome?
Speaker 1: All right, dude, have a good time at that Depthtone show, and I hope you're okay.
Speaker 14: All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: Only the only radio show in the world that goes from Village People to Nirvana. That's how we do it for twenty plus years now.
Speaker 3: So glad you guys are joining us in homeroom.
Speaker 1: It's Nirvana ninety four to five, The Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for joining us here in home room. I cannot get through all of the pictures from the twentieth anniversary party. There's just there's so many of them. I'm still kind of just I'm just really savoring each and every one, and I'm looking at all. Everybody turned in six picks how their day went. And then Victor has a million pictures up there. So there's just a lot to look at on today's links and guests. So please Matt go over there and check all that out. Ten percent chance of rain mostly sunny today, ridiculously high of ninety seven. I don't like doing that.
Speaker 3: What's what a Houston's headlines place.
Speaker 4: A Las Vegas man is facing charges after he was arrested at a checkpoint in near former President Trump's rally in southern California on Saturday. The Riverside County Sheriff's office said a forty nine year old man VERM Miller was found to have multiple guns illegally in his possession. Them Miller rather he was taking into custody just ahead of the start of the rally and has since been released on bail. Okay, this next story is crazy. So there were human remains found in a freezer inside a Colorado home. That was a case that was being investigated for almost a year, and they found out the remains belonged to someone a teenager who disappeared from Houston in two thousand and five. So Mason County deputies said January of this year, there was a head and hands found in a freezer at a home that had recently been sold.
Speaker 5: They had been DNA testing. They identified it.
Speaker 4: A sixteen year old girl from the Houston area, Amanda Overstreet. She's the daughter of the home's previous owner. So there's not even a record that she was ever reported missing, but they found out who she is and they have ties to Houston, So don't expect that story to go out away anytime soon. Yeah, there's going to be a follow up on that for sure. Let's switch gears, lighten it up a little bit of cats dogs. They better look out because AI is coming for their job. The electronics brand Cassio is releasing a new AI pet named Moflin that's kind of like a Tamagatchi from the nineties, but way creepier because instead of being, you know, just like a little electronic thing, it looks like a real animal, like a guinea pig without the legs. It's got eyes but no limbs for some reason. And they're pretty like your kid might really want it.
Speaker 1: Like most pets, those legs are pretty important.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm speaks or something.
Speaker 4: It's so Unlike previous robot pets, It's not meant to be a toy. Cassio is marketing it as a mental health companion that's meant to comfort you. It's got built an AI that helps develop its own personality depending on how you interact with it, and over time it learns to recognize you, like.
Speaker 5: Just like a real pet.
Speaker 4: I mean, you guys know where I stand on the AI stuff, right, I'm just not AI is definitely coming from me once it becomes sentient.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with my job being replaced, not my dogs. Yeah, okay, I'm more upset about this than anything else. Can't replace vuh Ai voodoo.
Speaker 4: No, okay, let's keep on talking about AI so we can get nice and scared. So remember last week when I was telling you Tesla was showing off its newest design like there was an invite only party on the Warner Brother studio in Burbank the Lot. Okay, so it's latest robotic creations. Last week in California, some people are accusing Elon Musk's company of ripping off designs from twenty the two thousand and four Will Smith movie I Robot.
Speaker 5: Remember I told you ask me I was like it kind of looks like I Robot.
Speaker 4: The presentation itself was called We Robot was An, which an homage to the title of the short story collection on which the film I Robot was based. Still somewhere quick to call out the similarities of the cybercap ROBOTAXI Roboban and the Newest Tesla.
Speaker 5: Robot to the things seen in the movie.
Speaker 4: Now the director of that movie, Alex Froyes, has weighed in. He posted on X like, Hey, Elon, can I have my designs back? What's so crazy is that you said it last week? You're like Elon Musk is like the Tony Stark of our generator, like.
Speaker 1: The real life Tony Stark.
Speaker 4: So the thing is like I Robot itself as a concept, Like do we give Elon a pass because he's smart enough to bring these things to fruition And he's like, oh that, like I can actually make that happen.
Speaker 5: Here's how you do it?
Speaker 4: Or does he owe them some credit?
Speaker 5: Does he have to?
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's got to be dated blueprints. All this stuff has to be dated, timestamped. Whenever things worse sins and four.
Speaker 6: First Flying Car gonna have to like pay Star Wars or the Jetsons.
Speaker 4: No, like, we thought of that concept first. So anyway, that's kind of the update on that. And if you haven't seen those robots, man very very I robot like. Jelly Roll's new album is officially here and it's been dominating the Arab waves on countryside. He surprised us all by releasing a deluxe version called Beautifully Broken, picking Up the Pieces. It has six bonus tracks in addition to the twenty two songs on the main album. So he's got a song with Halsey, Keith Irvin, Ernest Russ, Skylar Gray and.
Speaker 5: His song with MGK Lonely Road made.
Speaker 4: It on there as well. So that is just like the music news with jelly Roll. The other stuff is he has lost one hundred pounds. Dude has dropped one hundred pounds and he's still going strong.
Speaker 1: So good on jelly Roll.
Speaker 4: You want to go check that out. That's on the music Bog page. Those are Houston set Nins.
Speaker 1: Come on. Yeah. Texas has got another win yesterday.
Speaker 5: They beat the Patriots forty one to twenty one. CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroud th three touchdowns of the game.
Speaker 6: They were wrapping it up with backups in It was awesome to not have to sweat out or win texts or five and one on this season. They're gonna play the Packers in their next game on Sunday Tonight on Monday Night Football, we got Aaron Rodgers and the Jets hosting Josh Allen and the Bills. Bills come into this is one point favorites. Kickoff is at seven to fifteen and you can watch the game on ESPN. In the MLB Playoffs, yesterday the Dodgers blew out the Mets nine and nothing in Game one of the NLCS. They're gonna play Game two of that series today at three oh eight. You could watch it on Fox. And then at six thirty eight, the Yankees and Guardians are gonna play Game one of the ALCS.
Speaker 1: You can watch that on TBS. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 13: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four to five, The Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Welcome to the seventh Spot. Everybody. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you. If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakeys. We're gonna play the Texas Hammer game coming up and that's how you're gonna win pit tickets all week long, getting you back into the pit. And the Woodlands is going out strong. I think this is probably our last show out there at the Woodlands. It's Corn and Gojira. It's Sunday night.
Speaker 3: You want to be in the pit for Corn.
Speaker 1: If you've never seen Corn before, there's not another band like Tool and ac DC were the loudest bands that I've ever seen live. I'm sure you guys all have your own individual stories. For me personally, those are the two loudest concerts. But there's something about Corn and there's something about Field. The's bass and if you are anywhere near and if you're in the pit, you'll be near it. Field these base resonates through your whole body and he just I don't know what he does differently with his rig and his setup, but I have never been vibrated like that before in my entire life. Like like with his bass, it's just it's something to experience. Corn is so great live. That rhythm section is just something really really special. So we want to get you really really close.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I realized there's a vibrator joke in there somewhere I got it right after I said it. I'm like, Okay, here comes the emails. No joke. High of ninety seven today, the hell ninety seven. The grease will be our high. We're breaking records today. Okay, mostly sunny with Lo Lo lo low low chances of raid. Lots of pictures up for the twentieth anniversary party. I haven't gotten through all of them yet. But it was a great time. It was an awesome party. We talk about it all day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, we.
Speaker 1: Could talk about it all day. And I just don't want to rub it in, but I wanted to tell I wanted to tell a quick story about and I think I probably already shared this with you guys on the show. And you know, when you look at the lineup for the twentieth anniversary party, you know, we know the guys in Shine Down. We've done one hundred shows with them. And Justin, I mean, who was better than Justin? I mean Justin from Blue October was so sweet. He said such kind words, he said such nice things on stage. Off stage, he gave me a fragrance sampler. My sister met Justin and didn't really know much about Blue October. She was in town from Buffalo. She's like, oh my god, you smell so good. Sister hugging him, She's like, oh my god, you smell so good. He's like, that's my fragrance. He goes make sure your brother comes up. I brought something for him, and it's the four fragrances that he has Firstenfeld. He's got his own line of fragrances so perfect, and Justin's like, listen, this is just a sampler. Pick out the one you like, and I'll get your big bottle of it. But what I wanted to talk about was, you know, we know all these guys that are on the card, except really Jacob Nole.
Speaker 3: Nobody knows him. Nobody knows this kid.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't realize that he is now the lead singer of Sublime. I think a lot of people like that happened.
Speaker 6: And then he was like, well that's cool, and I feel like it just like he'll forgot about that.
Speaker 3: I think you're right. I think you're right.
Speaker 1: He's not on campus all day, everyone has sound checked, everyone's backstage. There's the green room theory of a dead man. I'm talking to those guys I'm seeing and I'm talking and I'm thanking everybody for coming out and taking part in our special day. Nobody's heard from Jacob Nole all day, so he's just not when I say he's not on campus, he is not at the brewery, okay. And I go to Radio Wizard, I have you heard from him? And he's like no, like no, I mean his people said he's here, but we haven't seen him.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 1: Him and his buddy come rolling up in this subaru.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like an SUV.
Speaker 1: He's like, is it cool to park there? He parked right next to the stage in the back area when you walked down the stage from getting arms, when you walked down the stairs from being up on stage. He took that parking spot right there and he just got out, open up the trunk. He's got stuff in there. And that's shortly after that I met him. Yeah, I said, everything good. He's like, yeah, man, we're cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can tell he was just chill from the second I started talking to him. And I said same thing. I'm thankful, I'm so glad you're here. I go, thank you, I go, you know, we kind of know everybody here. And I said I was getting a little nervous because we hadn't talked to you. And I said, you're kind of the wild card in this line up here. And he looked at me and he said, I am a wildcard, you know what I mean. He's like, I am a wildcard. I said, we are so looking forward to you. I don't know what you're doing today. I'm so glad you're here. Thank you again. And then he just started walking around and just mingling so unassuming he gets there up there on stage. Now bands were scheduled to play. Radio Wizard told everybody you got a half hour, but the next band's not coming up for another half hour, and there's not a big set change because we're not moving drum steps around and all of that stuff. Everybody was kind of a plug in place situation. You know. There were little drum machines and little mini drum sets and things.
Speaker 3: You got a half hour, that's what we'd like you to do.
Speaker 1: If you want to spill over and you got an extra tune or two, that's fine, right. Jacob Nole goes up there in place for an hour. Shine down is I'm standing in the back. I'm looking at it. Sh they're ready to come up. On stage. Jacob Noles like, look, okay, we do another one. Rady a Wizard gave him the wrap up.
Speaker 4: He was doing like newer stuff and then like some deep cut Sublime and then obviously like Santaia. But man, Emma knows every word of every Sublime song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she had to meet him and like freaked out. So she was starstruck. I've never seen her that starstruck before. And That's what I was going to mention. There was two things that I was noticing. Everybody on the show was individually enjoying what they were seeing. Chili stepped away from where we were and he was just filming. So I wanted to ask Chili, I know you taking it? Was it just pictures? Was it video? You didn't look like I didn't bother you. I think I stuck my finger in your butt hole once, yeah, but other than that, you didn't look like you wanted to be bothered during that set. You look like you were taking something in for like that was just for you.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Because I didn't get a chance to ever see his dad, you know, neither. It's like one of those things to where it's like, dude, it sounds just like his dad and we could be seeing like. It was magical, you know, seeing him, because what if he comes back and just blows up?
Speaker 12: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think he's going to I think you're gonna see I think I think twenty twenty five is going to be a big year for Sublime. And what was so special about him being there? They've played Coachella and then maybe one other festival and that's it. Yeah, they're waiting to make their move I think next year. So for us to get him to hear and for him to play it was crazy. He played an hour.
Speaker 16: He was a comedian too. Man, he was pretty funny. He's got that stage presence. Yeah, yeah, he was like, yeah, megs, we're gonna play what's my agent game?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I kind of left Chili alone.
Speaker 1: And then when you mentioned Emma already Alex's wife and Alex to see you guys singing every single word. Sometimes Alex surprises me, like I had a surprise with Alex years ago. We're sitting with the offspring and Alex sang every single word like you would have thought Blanklin eighty two was on stage, same thing. You were singing every single song he was doing some stuff that I didn't recognize. Yeah. No, it was like when I met Emma.
Speaker 6: Emma like that was one of the first things we bonded on his Viking sublime, so like that was cool to kind of get to share that with her. There was at one point where he was like, can we keep going?
Speaker 1: And he was like looking at.
Speaker 6: Me and I was like, yeah, sure, why asking me that I'm not at all in charge. I shouldn't be saying that you could do this at all. But it was like I was just like you were telling him to say.
Speaker 1: I like, yeah, go on a fly as you want.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's awesome, Alex, I say at all in this, but just listen to what I do. I remember that Jacob's looking over it. I was like, yeah, dude, keep going, keep going, going for it. The Wizard was on the other side, he wasn't looking over it where he was getting his cues from Alex. And yeah, he was awesome.
Speaker 6: I mean, we've seen all of the other bands and they were incredible. There was not a bad one in the bunch, but just I was so excited to see him, and like he lived up to every single expectation that you could have had.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's it. He lived up to it because we didn't know. We just didn't know. I mean, Sublime is not gonna you know, it could have been just a novelty. All right, we're gonna put the kid in there and we're gonna try to like go do a money grab and we'll just put the kid in there. And you know people are going to come to see it because you get to use the logo, you get to use everything. It's gonna be on every festival poster. But he lived up to the hype.
Speaker 5: He's talented.
Speaker 1: It it's not it's not a side show. It's a real show. It's the real thing. I mean, Sublime can do whatever they want in twenty twenty five with that kid at the helm, they can do whatever they want. They could headline every festival, they could go out on tour and do it. I don't know what they're gonna do, but it's gonna be fun to see what happens with him.
Speaker 6: And it was crazy that like the deep tracks that he was doing from Sublime, it was like he could have just played all of the hits and been fine, but he was doing like April nine, twenty ninth, he was doing bad Fish.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. Yeah, it just great pictures everywhere, all over links and guests. All right, all over links and guests. We got Texas Hammer game coming up. Oh yeah, so we got the Texas Hammer game coming up. And I already told you that all week long we're gonna be giving away tickets in the pit. Texas Hammer's shirts went fast. Okay, on Saturday, I kind of mentioned it briefly. So there was a tent set up show. Federal Credit Union was out there, Jim Adler, the Texas Hammer tent was out there. I'm trying to think the well, we were selling our merchandise, guys, twenty one thousand dollars. I sent you, guys, I sent you guys the number. It was twenty one thousand, three hundred dollars in t shirts that we sold out there. There was no other band merchant except for Rosie. Rosie had band merchant. They sold out everything.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: They sold everything. They brought my shot last. But yeah, thank you guys. Man. That was a huge day for the Rod Ryan Show, Karras Foundation, thank you so much for that. That was a great day for us. So come now to win the best game in Houston. Who wants it? Seven one three five call the Chile get in the queue. If you want to play the Texas Hammer Game for those pit tickets, you need to call us now. Seven one three two win two nine five is.
Speaker 8: His Rocks Houston's alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show on this MILF Monday. Ten percent chance of rain, nothing above that, mostly sunny today and highest record temperature is expected high today of ninety seven. Tomorrow's a hot one and then it's gonna cool off quite a bit on Wednesday and Thursday. Uh, what's trending?
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm gonna talk about six picks again because now the Wizards are in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, he yeah, yeah, he sent a bunch of pictures to us already.
Speaker 4: Well, everyone was kind of tasks task, I say, task with you know, so taking some pictures at the twentieth anniversary party from their perspective, right, and so everyone's are up, Alex's are doing well, Chile's are doing well. Rod Years are up minor up. But I just saw the Wizards. The Wizard's popping up right here. So and all the listeners that are sending their stuff in. I mean those are just fun to look at. So nothing's reading the mill, but people are clicking on our six picks from the party. Also eight last night, I guess Los Angeles Chargers head coach Jim Harball had to leave.
Speaker 5: The game for a short time.
Speaker 4: He isn't irregular heartbeat, and yeah he had to get away from the game.
Speaker 5: For just a second. But he turns out he's okay.
Speaker 4: Also, we talked about Jelly roll in the headlines, just talking about his weight loss and stuff. He's opening a bar in downtown Nashville, which I think is just like part of what you do when you're a country artist. Like point yeah, like at some point you get so successful that you're like, hey, do you want to open a bar here. It's going to be called jelly Rolls good Night Nashville, and the backbar is going to be named after his late dad, Buddy. So he announced that venture. He did the Joe Rogan podcast on Friday, and he announced that.
Speaker 5: On the show.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's what you got going. You got a ton of stuff on links and guest guys to.
Speaker 13: Get over there.
Speaker 1: That's what trending on Ony four five The Buzz. All right, this is damn Handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game. Where am I sending my sixths?
Speaker 2: With Ron Ryan on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Writing, I'm sure that, I'm sure Texas Hammers. He had a bunch of people out there working that tent. I imagine they probably got some pretty good picks too. All right, so you know how this works. I'm gonna play you some lyrics. You're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Oh yeah, those lyrics are delivered by the Great Texas Hammer. What are it's the prize today?
Speaker 4: We've got those pit tickets to see Corn and Goes youra in Spirit Box this Sunday at Woodlands.
Speaker 3: Polame, don't mess this up. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, yes, hello sir. Who is this? Hey Jeremy, Jeremy, Hi Jeremy. Welcome to the Texas Hammer Game. Do you know what we're giving away? Yeah? Take us the cord. Yeah, don't screw this one up, dude, I gould try not. All right, you're the first one. I'm gonna play the lyrics and you're gonna tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. All Right, dude, man, I get it. You gotta be You gotta get this on the first try, Dude, you gotta get it.
Speaker 2: Alright.
Speaker 1: All right, big deep breath, here we go and roll that beautiful hammer lyric.
Speaker 17: Find out what it means to me. I don't know who you are.
Speaker 3: Name of the band, name of the song, Jeremy.
Speaker 1: Three two fun. Sorry, bro, you gotta do a little quicker than that. Hey, Chris, good morning, Yeah bro, what's what's up? Dude, Welcome to the Texas hammer Game. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 17: Find out what names to me. I don't know who you are.
Speaker 1: Name of the band, name of the song, Chris, I don't know. Just pissed away pit passes for not knowing that. I don't know either. Yeah, I don't. I won't be in the pit either. I guess seven one, three, two and two five nine four five if you want them.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Show Mornings on.
Speaker 1: Buzz, the Buzz shine down symptom of being human.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They closed out the night on Saturday and the lights, the people, the stage, them filling filling that stage with just guitar and vocals. Brent has just such a next level voice. It's so theatrical almost, and he just never hits a clunker note. Ever, he's so articulate in his singing, and when you watch him sing, you can tell he is a master of what he does. He has mastered his instrument, which is his voice. You see his mic technique, how he pulls it away and how he brings it up, and it's like the movement of the microphone. He knows what volume he needs at every moment of every song. Is it is profession, it is truly, but it is an absolute clinic when he picks up a microphone and starts singing. When you watch him, it's just you can tell. Sometimes you watch somebody play the keyboards, guitars, guitar, Yeah, But when you watch somebody sometimes on the keyboards or on a piano and you just watch them effortlessly, their fingers are flying around, that's that's not ten thousand hours, that's twenty five thousand hours. Yeah, and that's what he's done. His vocal work is just second to none, just second to done. And the projection of his voice. They're not big guys, they're not big dudes. They're short, and the power that comes out of them. Was just it was next level. It was a great time. There is so many pictures and videos and all of that stuff, and I haven't even begun to share like half of what I have. I was trying to do it during the show, but I was trying to stay in the moment and do all of that. But we have lots of stuff on social media. We have lots of stuff on links and guests for you, all of our six picks, all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: The guys in Shindown were so nice.
Speaker 1: I got to talk what Wizard was on stage for like ten minutes. Yeah, and then somebody said, hey, Wizard's calling, what was he doing? So the guy don't Shindown's handler wanted me to be with Shindown before they went on stage. So I was backstage off to the side of the stage, and I was hanging with them and we're just talking and they he just wanted me there with them because they were following me up the stairs and they were gonna play. They wanted a what's called a hard intro. There's a soft intro and a hard intro. The hard intro is like, okay, here's shinedout and then PU they go into the song. Soft intro is what most bands now do, because you say, hey, coming up is Shine Down. And then they got usually some intro music something that they brought on a CD or whatever, so they wanted a hard intro, but they wanted to follow me up on the stairs. And then somebody said, hey, Wizard's calling you on stage right now. And then I saw all of you guys up there on stage. What was going on? I don't know. There was nothing rehearsed or anything rehearsal day though I.
Speaker 4: Saw Chili Chill goes they need you on stage. I go, what, okay, let me let me make my way up there.
Speaker 6: Earlier in the day, chillers like you missing stage anounce and I was like, I didn't know I was supposed to a stag announcement.
Speaker 1: You told me things. We just kind of showed up there sometimes. So yeah, we went up there. We talked a little bit more, and then Shined Down came on, and then just go man, guys.
Speaker 4: I looked at our header profile picture on the on Facebook. I don't remember taking that picture.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 4: It's like, I guess it's the last.
Speaker 1: Picture of the I just put it. I just put that up because are Victor's pictures.
Speaker 4: I don't really remember that one, but I really like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great picture.
Speaker 5: It's a good picture us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's our that's the header on our Facebook.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh someone told me I did a push.
Speaker 1: Up at one point.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's first of all.
Speaker 4: No, that's not a twerk.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 4: Just because I have a big ass and I'm moving my hips a little bit?
Speaker 1: That's not a twirk.
Speaker 4: That a twerk is like when you bend over and you're like, I wasn't bending over.
Speaker 5: I did push ups?
Speaker 1: Did you do a firk? I did?
Speaker 5: Like, I don't know, alk, I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, I could get why you would be confused. But no, this is them Handler and it's time to play in the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 12: With Ron Ryan on nine.
Speaker 1: All right, we're trying to give away tickets to get in the pit for a corning.
Speaker 3: Go you're on Sunday.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have these tickets all week, but let's give them away here. Maybe we'll get a winner. Who's up, Hey, Adam, is this you? Yes, it's me Hi Adam. Welcome to the Texas Hammer Game. We're gonna play you the great Texas Hammer Here.
Speaker 17: Find out what it means to me. I don't know who you are.
Speaker 3: Oh did you hear all that?
Speaker 2: I heard it?
Speaker 1: Okay. Name of the band, name of the song Nirvana in bloom Alex incorrect in correctly, damn it? Maybe Pam knows, Hey, Pamela, good morning. Hello morning, Hi, good morning, Welcome to the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 3: We got you guys stumped today.
Speaker 17: Find out what it means to me. I don't know who you are.
Speaker 1: Name of the band, name of the song.
Speaker 14: I don't know about you.
Speaker 1: Chris Wayne, No, no, wow, Good morning, Ron Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hi, Hi, Rolando, Welcome to the Texas Hammer Game. Here comes the great Jim Adler.
Speaker 17: Find Out what it means to me. I don't know who you are.
Speaker 1: Name of the band, name of the song, keep away from God Smith.
Speaker 18: Yes, nice, here you go, y, that's the longest this has ever gone, So Rolando, you are today's winner.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's go, Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: Where's he going?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, yes, dude, he's going to the pit.
Speaker 5: Does he call you in Spearbox and Gratch Sunday night?
Speaker 1: Dude? Oh my god, thank you so much. Guys, thank you so much. This isn't the thing pit that could be a pretty chippy pit. I'll put it that way. It could be chippy and have a great time. Rolando. Congratulations Texas Hammer Game only Rod Ryan Show ninety four to five. The buzz. Oh that's one of their finest works. It's god smack and keep away. Good morning rod Ryan's Show on this Monday. Welcome back for the weekend, everybody. Hope you guys had a great weekend. I guess ACL went down this weekend, first weekend of it.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, yes, bad weeking to be acm all right.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, just completely oblivious to the world, so focused in on the anniversary show. You think we're gonna like take some time off and just chill. No, the golf tournaments tomorrow, the Boo Rock Golf tournament tomorrow already, and that's like another all day deal. It's like, wow, man, we just don't we just do not stop around here. The rod Ryan Show cares online store as well. It is still Breast Cancer Awareness month. Boo Rock store is open. But thank you to so many of you that purchased merchandise, deb and people all the volunteers for BMP. I told you she sent me the twenty one thousand dollars in T shirt sales.
Speaker 5: Amazing out there.
Speaker 1: What we needed that. We needed that because the money is all going to the rod Ryan Shokeers Foundation and we'll funnel that all over to MD Anderson. If you haven't gotten your boobs Rock merchandise yet, man, please look online.
Speaker 8: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show US twenty.
Speaker 1: Four five, The buzz incybous I wish you were here, Rob Ryan's Show seven fifty three. Going through emails, everyone sending in their own pictures from Saturday, and I'm going through everything and I'm watching it. I'm looking and I'm loving it and reliving everything from Saturday. Thank you guys, Thank you guys so much. Man.
Speaker 3: The twentieth anniversary party was just so much fun.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance of rain mostly Sonny ridiculously hot high of ninety seven today breaking all kinds of records, or at least expected to break all kinds of records today.
Speaker 3: Tessa Houston's headlines please A.
Speaker 4: Forty nine year old Las Vegas man with loaded guns and multiple passports with fake names in his vehicle near a Donald Trump rally, says the thought of him planning to assassinate the former president is ridiculous. Ben Miller was at at a security checkpoint on Saturday near Trump's event in South in southern California, and federal officials, including the Secret Service, say.
Speaker 5: Trump was never in danger.
Speaker 4: SpaceX Is successfully launched its Starship rocket yesterday morning. The FAA on Saturday had issued this new license to SpaceX after it required SpaceX limit harmed the environment along the South Texas coast during liftoff, so after blasting off the super heavy booster rocket successfully returned to the launch tower in Texas.
Speaker 5: Starship is the largest rocket ever built.
Speaker 4: Its design to carry NASA astronauts to the Moon, and it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you got to catch any of this over the weekend. I was going to ask you, guys, like, where were you when you saw this? Because I was scrolling Instagram and I want to say it was Dan Crenshaw, Okay, And I'm watching this rocket come back to Earth and then lock In like just gets grabbed. It looks like one of those roombahs. How it like goes around the house and then the dock it knows to go back and just docks in. I thought it was fake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought it was FAKEU.
Speaker 3: I didn't know any this is going on. I'm oblivious.
Speaker 1: Yesterday and I watched it again and everyone's saying, this is really what happened. I couldn't bleed my eyes.
Speaker 5: Pretty crazy, pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: It looks like a giant chopsticks or big metal arms. They are attached to the lodge tower and then they catch it mid air and they say that's easier to reuse the booster so they can do like back to back flights. Yeah, it's all It's all incredible.
Speaker 5: To me, he says it. It's a Elon called.
Speaker 4: It science fiction without the fiction and a big step towards making life multiplanetary.
Speaker 3: We got it on links and guests.
Speaker 1: If you're like the one person on the planet that hasn't seen this yet, it's crazy, all right.
Speaker 4: So Happy Indigenous People Day, Happy Columbus Day, to whatever you celebrate. Poll found Americans are still more likely to say we should celebrate it forty three percent approved, twenty three disapprove, and everyone else doesn't know or doesn't care. Sixty nine percent of people say Columbus Day plays an important role in American history, but twenty percent say he was just mostly a villain. You can go check out the stats on Columbus Day. There was also a new DNA seud He confirmed that the remains buried in the cathedral in Spain really are they do belong to Christopher Columbus.
Speaker 5: They found he has Jewish.
Speaker 4: Jewish heritage, so apparently his body after he died in fifteen oh six, his body was moved a bunch of times, so there was always like question, what, like, Okay, is Christopher Columbus really buried here?
Speaker 5: Where is he buried?
Speaker 1: Wonder why they just didn't run the DNA back then? Yeah, just to figure that out. I mean just like, I mean, why would you even guess? Just do it?
Speaker 4: Idiotsumi, Okay, what do you think about this new Joker movie? Is it just a massive disappointment according to the numbers? Yeah, people aren't. I mean, it's not doing well. The reviews are not killer but killer clowns Now, that is something that people are willing to pay for. This movie, called Terrifier three is an unrated gore fest. It features Art the Clown and it was a surprise hit at the box office.
Speaker 1: So it's a scary looking clown too man like super scary.
Speaker 5: It's number it's the number one movie in the country right now.
Speaker 4: Not only take an eighteen point two million, but that's in its opening weekend, and it is that season, that spooky season where people are going to be more inclined to maybe.
Speaker 5: Go watch something a little scary.
Speaker 3: Eighteen million dollars over a weekend in October.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't have been a top ten movie ten years ago, right, that wouldn't have been in the top twenties.
Speaker 5: Just aren't watching these many movies.
Speaker 4: But A Joker is the worst second weekend decline in history for a comic book movie, so it is considered one of the worst overall.
Speaker 1: And he won an Academy Award for that, didn't he Joaquin Phoenix.
Speaker 5: For the first one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wow, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Liam Gallier doesn't think the Oasis bit on Saturday Night Live was funny.
Speaker 1: In his defense, it wasn't that great and this is not somebody I don't crap on SNL. I think SNL is funny. I think it can be funny and it's still relevant. I didn't think the bit was that.
Speaker 4: Good, so it happened during the Weekend Update. You know how Colin does a Weekend Update segment. Well, James Austin Johnson and Sarah Sherman took on the British rock Stars persona and they were, you know, faking answering questions about the upcoming reunion and they were singing, and you know, it was a little it was a little cheesy.
Speaker 5: I would say it was a little cheesy.
Speaker 1: Alex, you still kind of watch SML. Yeah, I haven't seen this, Okaya. One of my favorite things used to be when a character would break character and they would kind of get into it.
Speaker 3: They're doing it too much now, really, yes, they're doing it too much.
Speaker 1: It's been talked about for years that Lauren Michael's does not want that to happen. He does not want you to break character. That's why he had a problem with Jimmy Fallon. He loved Jimmy, but Jimmy Jimmy laughed in every sketch, all the way up to the cowbell sketch. He's laughing, you know, and apparently Lauren hated it.
Speaker 3: It seems like it's happening so much now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it if you think it's just you're being paid to be an actor and kind of hold it together. You don't let us, let us do the laughing. I think it's done too much. And she broke character a little bit during this one.
Speaker 4: Uh Liam commented on this sketch. He was like, are they met to be comedians? Brought out the X anyway? Go check it out the music walk grades, those are saidlines, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Texans got another win on or yesterday. They beat the Patriots forty one to twenty one.
Speaker 18: C J.
Speaker 6: Stroud through for three touchdowns in the game. Texans are now five and one to start the season. They're gonna play the Packers on Sunday at lambeau Field in their next game. Monday Night Football Tonight, we got Aaron Rodgers and the Jets hosting Josh Allen and Rod Ryan's Buffalo Bills. Bills come into this is one point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on ESPN on the sports blog page.
Speaker 2: Day.
Speaker 1: We got a chick fight.
Speaker 6: Over the weekend in the stands at the NC State game, the college football game. And like nor Millate's dudes getting drunk in fighting, these girls.
Speaker 1: Fancy had on set her fancy out. She was all dressed up.
Speaker 6: Dude, girl slaps her, she slaps her, backpack goes flying.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Then they pushed. I think someone gets pushed downstairs.
Speaker 6: It's wild, wildt chick fight dude.
Speaker 1: Sports Blog in.
Speaker 6: The MLB play yesterday the Dodgers, but the Mets nine to nothing in the Game one of the NLC Yesterday. They're gonna play Game two of that series at three oh eight. You can watch it on Fox. Then at six thirty, the Yankees and Guardians are gonna play Game one of the ALCS.
Speaker 1: You can watch that one on TBS.
Speaker 6: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 13: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 7: The rod ra Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz, I'm the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Offspring half point part of the show Pig Pop eight O six. Alex that's gotta be a damn mistake says it's gonna be ninety seven today.
Speaker 3: Why I was just why do you get the thing now?
Speaker 12: Watching?
Speaker 1: Says ninety five? Why do you do? Oh cool? Why do you do the things? You do? These things? Dumb? The weather? You think you invent the weather? Do you think you're right down. What a number says? Do you think that you're off the Hulk? Oh it's not gonna be ninety Steve run at me ninety five today and you think like you're off the whole time.
Speaker 6: My watch says this grossweather dot Com this morning too, hid ew vie whatever it was.
Speaker 1: When I typed that out, it was ninety seven.
Speaker 4: So they know.
Speaker 5: I still don't know how they know.
Speaker 1: They don't know, all right, Uh no, I get in trouble today tomorrow, record setting, record setting temperatures for the heat. I hate heat and it should be cooling off. I know it was.
Speaker 19: Hey, when Rosie was playing, I was telling you, I was like, put the sunblock on. I see the sunblock stations lather up, and then it just finally it just cooled down.
Speaker 5: And then when Justin was playing, he was in the Golden Hour and.
Speaker 4: He looks so beautiful up there seeing and playing his guitar.
Speaker 1: So many pictures from the twentieth anniversary they're all on, uh, they're all on links and guests this morning the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: It was an amazing day.
Speaker 1: It was an amazing day, and I still haven't gone through all the pictures.
Speaker 3: I haven't gone through all the carless picture.
Speaker 1: It's a week to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all have six picks up.
Speaker 1: Shout out to all of us for doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big shout out Chili.
Speaker 1: So does Chili do it next weekend?
Speaker 4: Or was that Chili's weekends?
Speaker 1: They put it on hold?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 5: I just need to know.
Speaker 1: I just need to know.
Speaker 5: I just need to get it. So if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it.
Speaker 1: I would say that saying that we all did six picks, then we would pick it up in the rotation, so Chili would be next weekend, right Yeah, okay, So then you notice I'm not bringing him on right now? Head man a man, I was down for the elevens. That was my weekend, Chilie, what would you like to do? Chili? Would you like your own six picks next week? Seeing that we all kind of hogged in there? Or do you want do you want this to be your this past weekend? You would you like that to be your weekend?
Speaker 16: If you're asking me what I would like, I would like for us to get rid of six picks forever.
Speaker 1: Well, Wizard ain't gonna allow that he likes it. That's what the Wizard do it get Wizard hates.
Speaker 3: Everything on this show.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing he likes.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's on my list right now.
Speaker 1: Because of this.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he texted them to me. So now I have to do double work.
Speaker 16: Wizard and so yeah, Wizard's not my favorite guy right now?
Speaker 1: Do you do you?
Speaker 16: Okay, if you want to, you'll pick it up.
Speaker 3: So you'll do six picks next weekend.
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, we're got monster jam so he should be easy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Chili, white're there.
Speaker 3: Don't go far more work for you to do.
Speaker 12: Oh great, it's monday, am I right.
Speaker 1: Some of the sponsors said, hey, you know what if you could make more when you buy a certain level sponsorship like Duke and see he came in at the highest level ever admiral transfer and rigging. Thank you for all that money with the golf tournament. The golf tournament is tomorrow. Boos Rock Golf Tournament is tomorrow. Carbock Brewery, Liquid Death, Grassy Italian Kitchen, exs IV Technologies. Some of these big sponsorships, they get a foursome with their money. And then some of them said, hey, listen, and why don't you just sell that for some and make more money for the charity. We have three foursomes Chili that you could play tomorrow if you wanted to. I mean, if you're in that kind of situation where you could just kind of have fun on like you could just snap a finger and start having fun. There are three foursomes that we could sell that were formerly like I said, they were given away, but they were given back to us. I love that part. You can email me Rod at the buzz dot com. Chilie's going to change the blog page up on links and guests, Mainland tool and supply. Willie's Ice House is in again.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: They brought a bunch of food out to the Boudrack car Show. They came out. Thank you. Willie's has just been coming in strong lately. Man Kobe Stevens is gonna be out there again. Formative Structures I believe four years strong now. So yeah, if we could just put on that blog page there are three teams. I know that's going to probably change quickly. I'll try to mention it a few more times today on the show. But it's tomorrow and if you want to come out to what we just call a party on a golf course. You can email me directly Rod at the Buzz dot com and I'll put you with Roger and we'll get you in. Let's make as much money as we can for the great M. D Anderson. So links and guests again. Hit us up on the web.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The.
Speaker 7: Rod Rock Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz. Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Well, thank you, thank you, thank you for having us all this morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I've got some concert tickets coming up for you. Yeah, we keep rolling with the concert tickets if you miss the announcement. I've got three golf tournaments. I got three golf foursomes for tomorrow's boobs Rock Tournament. I mean you heard me. It's sold out. It's sold out immediately. But we had a couple of foursomes kicked back to us, which means we can make more money for the charity. And I don't want to leave any money on the table. So if you are down to golf with us in the boobs Rock Golf Tournament, please the best thing would be to email me and I'll get you to the right people and let's make this happen. Okay, Rod at the buzz dot com, I think you have the who can got the email? Oh? What's trending?
Speaker 5: Parker McCollums on tour right now.
Speaker 4: He's like playing sold out shows everywhere, but every Sunday he is sure to tweet out a go Texans and someone was like, tweet out something that's good for your mental health and he just retweets it and post c J Stroud like CJ Stroud.
Speaker 5: Is good for my mental health.
Speaker 1: He's the country guy that's from Conro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so yeah. Him showing support went a little baby viral there.
Speaker 1: How are all of our six picks doing?
Speaker 4: I'm still seeing them at the top of our of links and guests, our recap page doing well.
Speaker 1: Our milf of course doing well.
Speaker 4: But everyone deciding to put on their six picks.
Speaker 5: From this weekend.
Speaker 4: Still really really strong, performing really really strong.
Speaker 1: Can I just one thing? Sure?
Speaker 3: My kids signed her first autograph.
Speaker 1: Saw that? Saw that really cool? Hey she did it well? She wrote it so nice, It's so pretty, so pretty, she said, Daddy, I signed somebody's shirt. I said, what, Yeah, I signed somebody's shirt. Yeah, I go, you gave an autograph. She didn't. She's like, what's that. I go, you signed somebody shirt. That's an autograph. She's like, yeah, I guess it's awesome. That's awesome, Nicole, Thank you Nicole.
Speaker 4: Also, Josebel Gonzalez is a young lady I ran into at the end of the night.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm talking about the end of the night.
Speaker 4: There was tons of people trying to get in last minute pictures and she hands me a piece of paper and she goes, Chili's my favorite. But I wrote this for you, And I was like, well, I don't want it, and just kidding, but it was actually a really nice birthday letter. She was like, I know it's your birthday, she said, I wish I could get you something, but I wrote this and said and she wrote me the most kind hearted and thoughtful letter, probably one of the most thoughtful.
Speaker 5: Letters I've ever received in my life.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, that's just one of the many awesome stories that came from Saturday Night, and it meant a lot to see everyone. And that is definitely what's been trending. What is trending on ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 3: All right, let's give away some tickets.
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets to see Highly Suspect. Buy you Music Center November eighth.
Speaker 1: Take caller number ten seven one three two one two five nine four five, Come.
Speaker 13: On rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 8: All right, on an Empire, upon an Empire on.
Speaker 1: US twenty rod Ryan Show. Creed higher. Over to the phones we go, more tickets for you. Good morning. Who's thish Devin? Your caller number ten? Congratulations, I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: I freaking love Highly Suspect and I've been dying to get a hold of the ticket.
Speaker 3: You know what, I freaking love Highly Suspect too.
Speaker 1: When is the show? Tessa?
Speaker 12: We got a pair of tickets for.
Speaker 5: Eighth November eighth, and buy you music.
Speaker 1: I've got a pair of tickets to see how we sells teck for you. It's coming up awesome. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: I listened to the All Show every morning. I've been listening Sam.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 11: I like a little kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hearing a lot of those stories. That always makes me feel really good. I love that. Thank you for all the years, Devin. I greatly appreciate it. I'm so glad that you like the band. I do too.
Speaker 3: They're so awesome live. I have a great time at that show.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. I'll have a good day, all right. Thank you, Devin, very sweet, thank you, Devin. Thank you. You know, one guy asking me about the golf tournament, he said, well, if I can get the guys together, he's the problem. I'll put the money in Rod, But the problem is my guys don't like to pay me back. Really, there's people out there like that. I don't know any of them. We got three foursomes available for the golf tournament. When I was a kid, like it's hard to like, Like, Rod, tell me about your mom, like a non political joy Behar, you know, like my mom would do. My mom will pull the line on a my chopped liver over here, you know what I mean, Like you would hear joy Behar say that on the view, like what is chopped liver? What does it mean? Like my mom was what am I chopped liver? I don't know what it meant? Okay, in my house, the fur was gonna fly if you didn't straighten out. And me and Randy Ryan were maybe wrestling and going and beating each other upright during Saturday Morning w w F when I was a kid. If I gotta come in there, the fur is gonna fly. I don't know. I don't know, but you know something went wrong. It's like my mom that that's life in the big city. Now, no ton of want. It was the tiny little town okay, Like I don't think this is big city living, mom, but that's but that's there is no wan like always bring that that's life in the big city. I think I distinctly remember I've told the story that for that one Christmas, I wasn't even the biggest Star Wars fan. For some reason, the commercials were on TV and I wanted the Millennium Falcon that was Han Solo's spacecraft in Star Wars. I know you were waiting for me to say Han Solo, I was okay, but him and Chewbacca would fly around in something called the Millennium Falcon. And when it came out, it was in like the seers Wish book, which Amazon just sent me some sort of a catalog and it was a toy catalog and I left it out for London to look at, and she's going through it and just like my eyes and Sue's eyes when we were little kids. She's looking through this thing and she's seeing all the toys, and I loved her going through this thing, and I said, hey, maybe it's something in there you can ask Santa Claus for, you know. So in the Sears catalog, that's what we did. I wrote down the Millennium Falcon. I wanted it. It was fifty dollars. It was fifty dollars. My mom told me that cost an arm and a leg. Not wrong. I'm like, wait, not knowing what that's going to cost me an arm and a leg. Yeah, you're not getting that, dummy.
Speaker 5: Don't take that, Mom, shut up.
Speaker 1: You know why take it off your list? Well, Mom, I now know what an arm and a leg costs. Okay, the Millennium Falcon was fifty bucks. There's a guy in New York City fell onto the subway tracks. Now you know exactly where I'm going with this. He was a drunk dude. The train operator failed to stop in time, train runs him over. One leg gone, hip joint boom, most of an arm gone. He survived, he's unable to work again. He filed a lawsuit against the MTA, and the court awarded him ninety million dollars. An arm and a leg cost ninety million. It's worth ninety million dollars.
Speaker 5: Thank you for clearing that up.
Speaker 1: The millennium falcon was fifty bucks nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 3: Adjusted for inflation, it.
Speaker 1: Might have been a two hundred dollars item, mom.
Speaker 3: Not an arm and a leg.
Speaker 1: Ninety mil and ninety mil wouldn't have been ninty meal back then, probably seventy five mili. That was an arm and a leg adjusted for inflation. So now we know that an arm and a leg. I mean, I'm not going to ask the silly question, would you give up an armor and a leg for ninety mil? No? You wouldn't. Nobody would. No, Alex, don't even think about it, Alex Marie. What was that stupid thing we did? The dice? Roll the dice? It was goin. We would have died or got a million dollars and we all got a million dollars. You because you were too scared to do it. I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't do it. Three of us. It flipped right? Okay, wait wait set it up for me. How did we do it? What was it like a coin flip? You die or you win a million dollars, one million dollars, not ten min not ninety million, which is a million more than I have. Okay, it was a dice.
Speaker 5: It was a dice, and it was a coin. No, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: And everybody said they would do it.
Speaker 4: It means there was death was one of them, and everything else I think was like something else.
Speaker 5: A million dollars and it was like you.
Speaker 4: Rode even on the chance I wouldn't do it, chance that it would land on you die.
Speaker 1: They said, do it for funzies, and I said, no, I'm not doing No. You guys all said you would do it too.
Speaker 5: You convinced Chili to do it, Alex, you mean Chili?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: He said get in.
Speaker 5: Here and roll it, and we all I think you convinced me too.
Speaker 1: No coward. So is the guy partying with ninety million? Yeah? Probably, they said During the trial, the experts estimated that the victim's lifetime medical expenses alone could be I don't know how they came up with this. Seventeen million dollars of that would just be for medical expenses and things. Wow, are you getting solid gold prosthetics? I want whatever Luke Skywalker had. Oh, Okay, well then yes, probably if you get the exact one that they used in that movie, I can see where they go with seventeen.
Speaker 7: Mili Then The rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four, five.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four or five the Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Lincoln Park, the Emptiness Machine. You have some Monster Jam tickets for you later on on the show. We'll get to those on know the show. A Monster Jam four pack and pit passes. Please, if there's someone out there that we I feel like we have taken a picture with every single one of you at some point, but there's still people that roll up and say, hey, this is the first time we've ever met. This is the first time that we're ever getting pictures. Some of you have expanding families now that you're bringing the kiddos. Now come see us at Monster Jam. We'll be down there in the pit party with the rod Ryan Show Monster Jam truck and you're gonna get to walk around on the floor and all of that good stuff, and then you get to stay for the show. So we got tickets and pit passes. You have to buy a ticket to the show. In order to buy a pit pass to the show. You cannot just purchase a pit pass by itself. First things first, you got to get into the show. So we'll get you into all of that stuff on the show. Today we'll be closer to a round. I don't know nine fifty or so. I just was counting money here, I have eighty seven dollars. Boy, I have eighty seven dollars. How did you do that?
Speaker 13: Did you get in that?
Speaker 5: Did you get in that show? Phtal credit?
Speaker 1: Any?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Did they have it?
Speaker 5: I think they had it?
Speaker 1: But like the cash close?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought that's what you got your cash from. Why do you have eighty seven dollars?
Speaker 3: Because I carry money on me much?
Speaker 1: Do you have any cash?
Speaker 5: I don't even have ID on me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course you don't.
Speaker 5: I just have my backpack, my laptop, my face.
Speaker 3: You don't have You don't have a driver's license, not on me?
Speaker 1: Now? Why? Why?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I asked first, why don't you have a driver's license?
Speaker 5: Why do I need it?
Speaker 1: Did you drive? It's identification?
Speaker 5: I walked over here.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you might need it.
Speaker 5: Why I'm not driving whatever?
Speaker 1: So drive a car. You need to have.
Speaker 4: Your drive a car yet?
Speaker 5: Today?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I didn't know you don't have a driver's license or a dime on you.
Speaker 5: I have Apple Pay on my phone.
Speaker 3: Okay, not the question cash No none?
Speaker 5: Why do you have cash?
Speaker 1: Alex seventy nine bucks on you?
Speaker 5: Guys go to the strip club?
Speaker 1: You have seventy nine dollars.
Speaker 5: Give it to me. No, Brod says, I need it.
Speaker 1: You make more money the average man. I'm gonna ask Chilly how much cash he has on He's like, you don't pay me.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't pay me enough to carry anybody.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 1: I can see it. I like, I like, I'm his joke writer.
Speaker 12: You would be fire.
Speaker 1: You joke sucks. How much cash you got on you?
Speaker 12: Zero?
Speaker 1: No cash, no dollar bills, no pennies, no nickels, no dimes, no quarters.
Speaker 12: It's temptation for me.
Speaker 16: Man, if I have extra money on me, oh my bills have been paid. And if I have extra money on me, I'm gonna end up. But at the watering hole games, you know what.
Speaker 1: That is one of those things that people don't already spent. This money's gone, it's not in my account. I can't look at a balance and see this money. That's that's wallet money. Yeah, people had we have very weird perceptions of cash now that it's not real money.
Speaker 3: That's the realist money that I.
Speaker 1: Think already out of my account. So it's like, right, essentially.
Speaker 3: The credit card is not real money.
Speaker 1: There's no trace I'm getting this for free. I'm paying cash. The average man carries seventy eight dollars on him one. Look at me, you.
Speaker 4: Average such a dude, you know, above average?
Speaker 1: What a guy? Look at our average guy over there? Women average fifty on them.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna get out of fifty. I'm gon get fifty out.
Speaker 1: And then here's what I was just alluding to. In a recent survey, almost thirty percent of Americans that spending cash doesn't really count as spending money. This isn't that weird girl math thing that they were talking about, Like, well, it's on sale for this, so I'm saving this, So really I saved this, right, Like, no, you're spending money. But this justification, this justification of what people have with money going on right now, that's insane to me. It's insane. Yeah, it doesn't actually count a spending money. Else just saying it's it's nowhere, it's just it lives in my pocket. It needs to be spent.
Speaker 6: Well, I got money in the count I took out money Saturday because I knew we were probably gonna have to tip, so yeah, and I didn't tip once in cash. I tipped on the touchpad every single time, so didn't spend.
Speaker 1: Any of it. Yeah, Okay, now I'm spend spending nine bucks.
Speaker 13: Yea, maybe I don't know, dude, Good rock and alternative.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Marning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Ninety four is that s Nirvana? This is your rod Ryan Show for over twenty years now. Thank you for allowing us to be on the radio that long. I was like one of my big messages on Saturday, being up there on stage and bringing out the bands and having all you guys up there, and it's like, yeah, it's the rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party, but the listener, it was your party. It was anybody that was trying to win tickets, and those of you lucky enough to win those tickets, it was your party. We can't do this without you, and I hope I get that across on the radio that we love each and every one of you.
Speaker 3: But the only reason that they're not going.
Speaker 1: To keep a show around that people don't listen to So you guys have kept this show on the air for over twenty years, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much. And I still haven't gone through I saw Chilli six Picks. I haven't gone through all the pictures yet, but I'm still making my way through everything today. So a lot is a very bad day for the radio is dead crowd.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's set.
Speaker 1: They were shook. Yeah, it's like radio. Who listens to the radio? A lot of people?
Speaker 3: All these people these people do. It was awesome. It was so much fun.
Speaker 1: The pictures are great. It didn't even I want to talk more about it. Wiggins was there. Yeah, my came in the picture that I have with Wiggins on one side of me and Alex on the other side of me. It's so awesome. It's like one of those weird crossover sitcom things where like, you know, the guy from the King of Queens walks into you know, some other some you know, everybody left. Raymond.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's like, what do you Why are you on that set? Why are you there? I saw him walking by kind of as he got in, and I was like, hey, hey, he looked at me, and I was like it was like the Spider Man meming. He's like, oh, yeah, I know you, I know you, I know you.
Speaker 1: Awesome. All right, we'll get into it. We got one final Houston's headlines. What you got over there?
Speaker 4: All right, We're going to start with the serious stuff. A Las Vegas man is facing charges after being arrested at a checkpoint near former President Trump's rally in southern southern California.
Speaker 5: This happened on Saturday.
Speaker 4: According to police, forty nine year old Then Miller tried to pass the.
Speaker 5: Security chat point.
Speaker 4: He had loaded guns and multiple passports with fake names in his vehicle in his vehicle, and he was released on a five thousand dollars veil, but says he supports Trump and tells Las Vegas newspaper that any notion that he was planning to assassinate the former president is ridiculous. Human remains were found in a freezer inside a Colorado home. They've been identified as those of a Houston teenager who disappeared in two thousand and five.
Speaker 5: According to the deputies in Mesa County.
Speaker 4: They responded in January of this year after his human head and hands were found in a freezer at home.
Speaker 5: That had recently been sold.
Speaker 4: DNA testing has identified those remains as sixteen year old Amanda Oberstreet.
Speaker 5: She's the daughter of the home's previous owner.
Speaker 4: There's no record that the girl was ever reported missing, so the investigation into this is ongoing.
Speaker 5: Look Out, kats and doggs.
Speaker 1: AI is coming for your job.
Speaker 4: The electronics brand Cassio is releasing an AI pet named Moflin that's kind of like a Tamagatchi from the nineties, but it's way creepier and it definitely looks like a guinea pig without legs. It's got eyes, but no, for some reason, blob just.
Speaker 5: Like it actually is a pretty cute blob. Like if you go look at the picture.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know we have a link up for this. I haven't been there yet, just because I don't. I don't feel like i'm in the market.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of the market, the way they're marketing is as a mental health companion that's meant to comfort you.
Speaker 5: I know, it's just weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, well listen, I'll say this a dog or a cat. It's not for everybody. It's a huge responsibility and to be honest with you, my daughters, she's like oh, can we get a cat? I'm like no, because I'm going to be taking care of that thing. Okay, So no we're not. I know you're not taking care of that damn thing. Okay, so I won't. So this might be. Or if you're an apartment, you're a high rise, you're you know what I mean, like not every dog's a pain in the ass to have, man, this might be might be Okay, Okay, well I'm not going to crap on it.
Speaker 4: Fully, it's got built an AI that helps it developed in its own simulated personality depending on how you interact with it.
Speaker 5: So maybe it's like a test. Maybe it's like, okay, you think you want.
Speaker 4: A catlin, and let's let's get you a moflin and let's see how you and moflin do. Okay, okay, and then maybe when she proves herself with moflin, then she can you know, you can.
Speaker 5: Move on, she can upgrade.
Speaker 1: So it move it. Did you say it looked like a guinea pig?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it looks like a guinea pig.
Speaker 1: It moves its head and stuff. Yeah, why wouldn't they just throw a couple of feet on there? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: It's weird that it doesn't make weird that it's limbless.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe it's a first model Model one. Maflin two point zero will have some feet.
Speaker 3: It's kind of got some owl eyes on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's creepy, it's super creepy. But if you can't take care of a pet.
Speaker 4: The director of the two thousand and four movie I Robot has a message for Elon Musk. After the Tesla CEO unveiled the company's new designs for its latest robotic creations last week, with many similarities between the Tesla designs and what was in the movie, Alex Proyes posted on the X Hey Elon, can I have my designs back? He's talking about the cybercap ROBOTAXI, the Robovan and newest Tesla robot seem.
Speaker 1: To have.
Speaker 4: Like really a lot of similarities as they do in the movie. So you got the director of I Robot calling out Elon a little bit. The presentation itself was called we Robot and it was an homage to what he saw in I Robot.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 1: But he made it happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he like brought it to fruition. There's one thing about doing it in a movie which is fake and smoking mirrors and you know you're using all these effects. It's quite another to have the real deal thing in front of you and working and it's it's it's actually incredible. It's actually really incredible what Elon Musk is doing. So let's talk about that. That that's on a blog page. And then Jelly Roll on the music blog page. His new album is officially here. It's dominating the airwaves. So he's got this album twenty two tracks on it, and then he's got a deluxe version that has songs with collaboration with Halsey, Keith Urbin, Ernest Russ, Skyler Gray, and then of course that song with MGK.
Speaker 5: That's all on there. And then I mean he's opening up a new bar.
Speaker 4: But the big story really is is it deliy Roll is on a weight loss journey and he's lost over one hundred pounds and he's looking healthier and healthier every day, so he's still going strong.
Speaker 5: You can go check that out on the music bog page. Those are Houston.
Speaker 1: Headlines, all right, take it. The Texans got another win yesterday.
Speaker 6: They beat the Patriots forty one to twenty one CJ's job through for three touchdowns in the game, and their Texans are now five and one on the year. They're gonna play the Packers on Sunday at Lambeau Field in their next game on Monday Night Football, we got Aaron Rodgers and the Jets hosting Josh Allen and the Bills. Bills are one point favorites coming into this game. Kickoff is gonna beet seven fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN.
Speaker 1: Why do I feel like when a head coach has fired, the team rallies around and they win that next game. My concern for your Bills is that something is that that's a big concern of mine.
Speaker 6: But also Aaron Rodgers is forty and he's not Tom Brady, so okay, that is a positive. And the Bills did just lose last week, so they're gonna be a little fired up.
Speaker 1: Jujus.
Speaker 3: They lost the week before that too.
Speaker 1: They've lost two weeks in the row.
Speaker 6: What you're saying is they're due. They have to, so they're due, and I feel Bills get done, then they get done. Screw Aaron Rodgers, right.
Speaker 1: A lot of teams lose three weeks in a row and make the playoffs.
Speaker 5: No, you can't.
Speaker 1: Really, somebody's got okay.
Speaker 6: Remember Texans when they were really bad and then they won off of all those games and they went to the playoffs that one year that that was maybe this is the Bills history but better in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, the Dodgers brought the.
Speaker 6: Mets nine and nothing in Game one of the NLCS. Dodgers and Mets, who played Game two of that series today at three oh eight, you can watch it on Fox. And then at six point thirty the Yankees and Guardians are gonna play Game one of the Alcs.
Speaker 1: You can watch that one on TBS. That is what's going on in.
Speaker 13: Sports, rock and alternative for Houston, The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 7: Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Hi The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Green Day Boulevard and Broken Dreams. And just like that, we're in the nine o'clock we're gonna chance for youd one one thousand dollars coming up in alternative income, So keep that right here. We're going to leave you with some Monster Jam tickets on Know the Show Today. We'll get you a four pack of passes and we'll get you in the pit. October nineteenth is Saturday. Okay, Energy Stadium. We're gonna get you in. We want you to come down to the pits and say hi to us, and take pictures and bring the kids and bring everybody you want something signed, we'll sign. We'll do whatever you want, almost anything you want when you're down there and seeing us. Chili just put up some more pictures on the Rod Ryan Show Facebook page, and one of them we're all up on stage. And then you know, we had a couple of special guests on top of all the great musical acts. And you guys, hear me talk about Jessica all the time. Jessica was on the show for a number of years, and I you know, I worked with her. She was my intern in New Orleans, but she came here after Katrina, and then she was on the show for about ten years. And you know, her kids and my kids, they're all kind of the same age, and they were all hanging out all day. But there's a picture of us and the kids are on stage. There's Jessica on stage with you guys, and the Wizard's planting a big wet kiss on my bald head. I mean he is planting one on me. After you gave me that nice plaque. It was really nice, so much fun. This is a thought that's going through my brain a little bit because I'm just trying to process it. It's not a thing like, oh it was me, me, me, the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. Of course you had a good time, Rod, But we're all kind of having the same sentiment here about how much fun it was. We always talk about okay, buzzfest, Oh my god, it was so great this, this and the other thing. This had a different feel to it and there was so much love. And I'm looking at the picture of like, you know, radio Wizard making out with my head? Was it because it was acoustic that it wasn't agro and it wasn't like a loud rock thing. I mean, great energy on the stage. But did that have something to do with it that it was just a love fest? Well, it really was, and a Carbock love street. I get all that. It was an absolute love fest, and especially when when all those Sublime songs came on, it was a different vibe. So help me with this. Am I the only one that was feeling that now that you mention.
Speaker 4: It, Now that you mentioned it that probably did have a big thing to do with it, you know what I mean, Like it wasn't hitting you in the way I guess like something a more metal show would have. But I also really liked that people were just like lawn parked, you know what I mean, Like they were in their chairs chilling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a certain point that you could you could sit in your own chairs and that's a chill feel. And then you know there was a cut off like okay, you want if you want to stand and get close to the stage, you can come up this way too.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 4: Also, Alex had a great point so you mentioning that like the acoustic might have influenced it. Then Alex mentioned the fact that there was no liquor and then it was all beer because we are good call. We are a bunch that is known to get ahead of ourselves sometimes and I think that just the pace of the day that like it was perfect pacing.
Speaker 1: Liquor should be outlawed everywhere.
Speaker 6: No, there a point in a day like that where somebody shots and you're like a good idea, but it's never a good idea.
Speaker 1: You are so right there was no liquor because.
Speaker 6: Then everybody just ramps up to like a ten at that point, and it's like, if it's three in the afternoon, that's a long time to be.
Speaker 1: A out a ten.
Speaker 5: So there was tacos and.
Speaker 6: Every I don't know, I thought people who were happy that they had to win their way in, I think, and so that made everybody just like, whatever happens here today, it's gonna be awesome, no matter well what.
Speaker 1: That vibe was coming from the audience, because it's one thing to go and you buy a ticket and hey, man, thanks for coming.
Speaker 3: It was more every time I got.
Speaker 1: On stage, I said, hey, congratulations on being here, and that energy was coming back. I'm not like this viby person. There was just something different, and I think it's every single thing that we had mentioned no Lickr, the fact that it was acoustic, that doesn't mean it was low energy by any means.
Speaker 3: It was not low energy at all, but it just was it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I had a complete calm over me the whole time.
Speaker 1: As hectic and crazy as it was, I wanted to make sure that I enjoyed it all. Jessica and her family were out there, Milton and then Little Milton and Olin, and then you know, having my daughter there was really really special with my sister in town. Don't my sister.
Speaker 3: I don't think my sister thinks like any of us are a big deal, you know.
Speaker 1: Sue was like the best surprise.
Speaker 5: She to me was like the special guests.
Speaker 4: I'm like, Sue, oh my god, what you get here? Did you buy it?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Somebody's got a picture of my sister on on the X and it says Sue Ryan ten out of ten. It just made me laugh. Yeah, it made me laugh. Like, my sister does not treat me like rod Ryan, you know what I mean, quite.
Speaker 5: The opposite, the opposite.
Speaker 1: And she's just kind of like looking around, going holy crap, dude. I'm like, yeah, your life would be a little diff if you lived here. So London's in my six picks.
Speaker 5: London's in my six picks. And she came out and she.
Speaker 4: Was like this, Tessa, She's like, I have mess car on and I was like, oh, it looks so good. She's like yeah, and she had you know, her little lip gloss on. London's just so cute.
Speaker 5: She's just so cute.
Speaker 4: And her seeing you out there, there was a moment where You're like, hold on, Daddy.
Speaker 5: Has to like kind of go do his thing.
Speaker 4: And she's like, Daddy, no, Like I want to go with you, like I want to. She's not afraid of the spotlight like so.
Speaker 1: And then the other thing because Jessica was there, and I reached out to a few people that you know, were a part of the show. Teresa had something that she had booked, so Teresa wasn't there. Jeremy also had something going on. Jeremy started out as an intern on this show. Yeah, so you know, I was I was hoping that they can come out and celebrate what it really was there. She filled it on this show before I saw Caro. Carole's been on the show a lot. Yeah, she's filled it a lot for a long time. But Wiggins, when I texted Wiggins, who was on the show before Doug, he was just sports guy and he was early on. He was after Travis before Doug. And I said, Hey, I'm a twentieth aniversary party. You know, I'd really mean a lot for it being a lot for you to be there. It would really mean a lot for you to be there. And he had a sport coat on and he came to the brewery. He knew it was at car back but he went. He thought maybe I had like a side room or something, and that we were having like just a little party. Honest to god, he had no idea that a band was playing or anything. He went in and said, holy crap, dude, He goes, you didn't tell me this was happening. And I gave him a pass. He passed, and him and his brother were there, and he was so blown away. He's like, this is this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. He sent me the nicest text. He goes, Roight, I can't believe you included me in that, He goes, thank you so much. I had no idea that that's what I was going to. He thought it was a little back room party at car Bock, that maybe we had rented out like the upstairs and you know, and we were going to have a cake. Yeah, and in some balloons.
Speaker 4: You brought a little cake. She was like, uh, okay, so it's a bigger party.
Speaker 1: Oh she didn't know either.
Speaker 4: No, she had a cake form oleo maker or not gonna get out on this And I was like, dude, She's like, yeah, we're not gonna have enough cake for everyone. I was like, this is a blowout, this is in fact, you did you win your way in. People were there since ten am waiting in line, and here it was wild.
Speaker 1: The line was wild. I heard that the first guys that were in state, right. I know, I don't know if they were the very first people in line, but I I I when they opened the gates, I was out there and I was kind of just greeting people, and I was greeting like the first maybe hundred people that were coming through, just you know, thanks for coming, congratulations. The first couple of guys were the dudes that made all the artwork for all the bands. Those were cool and they got right up to the railing and they never left. And every time a band came out, theory of a dead Man, here's what I made. Look what I made here, you know. And I got to sign a couple of those things. They were beautiful artwork. Wrote They did one for Rosie, they did one for everybody. Yeah, those pieces of artwork are absolutely beautiful, and they show up in some of the pictures. There's hundreds of pictures. There's hundreds of pictures. Chill, he's been working today, quick shout out to the.
Speaker 6: T Rex guy because that had to be really hot all day long, and he had it on all day, never ever broke character.
Speaker 3: I saw him all day, Yeah, I saw.
Speaker 1: Him all day. I thought it was like I thought it was like hopadillo or so. I thought it was somebody that worked there waiting to get in. Okay, I thought it was a carbox.
Speaker 3: Mascot or something.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that was a dude in there that was just there attending the show in that thing that I have one of those t Rex costumes. It's you've been in one.
Speaker 5: I'm suggartreatd with London.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're hot. Yeah, it's hot.
Speaker 4: It's an ordeal to wear it for an extended amount of time. Okay, what about the naked Ryan? What about the naked red Ryan?
Speaker 1: Cheeto brought that I've known Cheetoh and his beautiful family forever, his ever expanding family.
Speaker 3: I think he's got a seventh grand.
Speaker 1: Kid on the way. Uh. My neighbor was there. He's like, raw, is that you? I almost went full Australian on that, but he's Australians, like rod, is that you did?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: That's Adam Levine's body that's Adam Levine. Look at the tattoos. Do I have those tattoos? Amazing? He's like, well, I don't know. I mean I thought maybe you were in good shape. Once I'm like, no, nobody's in that shape. It's Adam Levine shape that was going all over the place, that used to be around at old events and things. And I don't know how that wound up there, but thank you everybody. Congratulations everybody that went. I had one more thing and I just completely lost it, just the pictures and everything. Make sure you go on.
Speaker 3: Oh my friend Tapped and his wife Dana.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, dress his kiss.
Speaker 1: That was the Gene Simmons and the Paul Stanley characters that were running around.
Speaker 3: They're in my sex picks.
Speaker 1: Go see.
Speaker 3: Thank you everybody. It was just it was really special.
Speaker 11: Ninety four five.
Speaker 20: The Buzz has your chance now to win one thousand dollars. Enter this nationwide keyword on our website. Deposit that's deposit. Enter it now at the Buzz dot com for your shot at one thousand dollars in alternative income. Ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 8: Houston, Rock Houston's Alternative all Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Shown.
Speaker 1: Four five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show on this Milk Monday. It really is just a big, big recap on links and guests today. Walk out to the Buzz dot com and you can't not find a million pictures from Saturday's big anniversary show. People were they were kind of adding on to what we were talking about, like the vibe of the show and the vibe on Saturday. And it was best put to me where he said, yeah, it was the acoustic thing played into it.
Speaker 3: But Rod, it wasn't so much a concert.
Speaker 1: It was a party with great live music. You know, Buzzfest is a concert that was a party. Yeah, on Saturday and all the things that we did, say, I just I've never had more fun at a Buzz event, and I did than I did on Saturday, and I never will.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine it ever ever be.
Speaker 1: At the anniversary party.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, now.
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't know hit that online. Kid's Alix online.
Speaker 3: I'm ninety four or five the Muzz.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you got? Today's a wel is called What's this?
Speaker 6: And you're gonna kind of test page out a little bit here because it's just old stuff that people might not know anymore, that you may not see.
Speaker 1: Uh, test it. Do you know what this machine sells?
Speaker 5: Is that a cigarette machine?
Speaker 1: It is a cigarette machine?
Speaker 5: Very good SIGs.
Speaker 6: I go to watch soccer and football at next place, they still have a cigarette machine, and every time I pass it, I'm like, I don't smoke, but I kind of want to buy cigarettes out of a cigarette machine because it just looks cool.
Speaker 1: Do you have any idea how much it is? I don't remember. What would a pack of cigarettes cost? Ten dollars?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Probably I think more?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I think I think out of a machine? Probably like ten bucks?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe twelve, maybe fifteen at the most.
Speaker 6: What about this thing's Tassa's a little disc with a little circles on.
Speaker 5: What you put in that? What is that red thing where you click it and then the picture changes? You Master, because I.
Speaker 1: Because you're doing a site gag for me. I picked up on the view master you were doing.
Speaker 5: You click it? Yeah, did you have oneitches?
Speaker 4: No, my my cousins probably did.
Speaker 1: Or my friends had the red one with the orange handle on it. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: Just the slides though that he showed you there.
Speaker 6: Go check it out and see what this is if you can name all of these things at the weld Finish rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 13: The rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on nine, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Yeah ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Good morning everybody. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Lots of pictures, Alex, did you get this meet Did you meet Scott Stevens from The Xies? Did you meet him at all? I don't believe so. He's the coolest damn guy in the world. Man, really did you meet him?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So cool?
Speaker 4: That is white with him?
Speaker 5: It was yeah, very cute. Well, they were very good with it.
Speaker 3: And I didn't know, like he really knew. He like Brent and Zach brought.
Speaker 1: Him out on stage during the Shinedown set because he had written a song with them.
Speaker 3: He's done some producing and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you everybody, Thank you. Congratulations to everybody that made it into the party. Chili didn't move some things around on the website. There's so much on there today. But the golf tournament there there are three I still have all three of those four sums. I was notified today we have three foursomes that are available. Tomorrow is the Boobs Rock Golf Tournament. And you're like.
Speaker 3: Well, Ron, you said it was sold out. What's what's the deal.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing when like the visiting city gets X amount of tickets to a game and then they realized, okay, well we only sold so many and then boom. Sometimes tickets go on sale right before a game or a concert. That happens with two because the bands are allowed so many avails they get. They have so many tickets that they hold for the band, and then sometimes they're like, hey, we don't need these, so they'll put them on sale. Some of the sponsors said, hey, if you can sell the team, sell the team. If not, we'll play. But if you can sell it, I have three teams that I could sell that would bring in some great money for our efforts to raise money here.
Speaker 3: That's the Boos Rock Golf Tournament.
Speaker 1: The money he stays here goes through the rod Ryan Shokeers Foundation and then it goes over to M d Anderson. So if if you're like a pickup on the on the fly guy or gal, and you can make something happen tomorrow and you can golf with us. You don't want to miss this golf tournament. Man, A party on a golf course. That's exactly what it is. It's not a golf tournament. It's a party. We're pretty good at throwing parties. We are pretty good at throwing parties.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm going live for Houston Life there.
Speaker 5: I need you in one area.
Speaker 4: I need you.
Speaker 3: There, coordinate and I will be there.
Speaker 1: I will be there.
Speaker 3: You tell me where you're going to be, I will be there.
Speaker 5: They love the live shots we do, Okay, I love them.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's gonna happen tomorrow. I'm excited about that.
Speaker 1: If you want to golf, email me Rod atthbuzz dot com and I'll get you over to Roger and all of that. It's gonna sound gross, but I understand, like why it has one hundred and thirteen million views. Three things you must see today. A dog in Colorado, I mean this is viral. He ate something that he shouldn't have, and a vet posted the footage of him. Do you know what the Orby's water toys are? No? I There're those little beads that expand in water and then you you use them like I think in the guns or something like that. The dog's name is Oriyon and he's passing all of these beads. So you're like, okay, Rod in a roundabout. Wait, what you have is a dog pooping on your website. Yeah, but it's just a rainbow of Orbi's water toys that are coming out of this dog. It's like a fountain like skittles. Like it's like raining skittles. It's just coming out of his butt. This dog's just like it's a it's got it says we put this up. The owner gave us permission to post this. It has one hundred and thirteen million man views right now. It just went up. It just went up in a few days. Okay, So I don't know it's it's You're like, Ron, it's a pooping video. It's not really, there's no poop. It's just these candies, these these it's like a rainbow coming out of this dog's ass.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 1: It looks like something that was cg ied. Rainbow coming out of the dog's butt. So the X ray revealed that she had also eaten a few other things. So uh, there there was a surgery that was necessary for the dog but to see this dog like just pooping a rainbow. I watched like it's got one hundred and thirteen and two views now, I watched it twice.
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan shows sad effects include mood swings, mood swings, the.
Speaker 1: Bus by the Buzz Collective soul in December, that it's October and could.
Speaker 3: Be ninety five degrees.
Speaker 1: It's October fourteen, ninety five ninety six degrees today, expected I think we're going to shatter any record of heat on this particular day. Man, I just saw I mentioned that Mark Wiggins and Jessica. Jessica did not know that Wiggins was going to be coming Wiggans. They were both on this show for a number of years, and I just looked at Wiggins post and I'm so moved by it. Mark Wiggins was on the show after Travis, I mean ten over ten years ago, ten twelve years ago. He was on the show, and he was the one that I told you that he came and he thought it was just a little party. He didn't know that we were doing this big concert and everything. Yeah, so he posted a picture of me, him and Jessica. It says, never in a million years did I ever think I'd be a part of something this magic. It was a joy to celebrate my friend, boss and mentor, Rod Ryan, as The Rod Ryan Show marks twenty years on the air and Space City. I couldn't be happier to reunite, reunite with my ninety four five the Buzz and iHeartRadio family, and meet the incredible talent rocking it every morning on the best radio show on Earth. Thank you Rod for letting me be a part of it, and congratulations on your incredible success. Love you, brother, So to you guys too. You know, it's like, you know, you guys are keeping this show going. And he just said, he goes, he goes. I can't believe that this is still going and still is as popular as it is. He said such nice things about you guys, and it was really fun. It was really really fun seeing him out there and Jessica and her kids and stuff like that. So, yeah, we've told you to go to the website. You have gone to the website. We're having a really big day. Chili. Thank you for putting up all of those pictures. I know it's a pain in the ass.
Speaker 4: Well, it was kind of Chili's party. What do you really think about it. Yeah, it was did he get a chant going?
Speaker 1: Was there a chili chant at some point?
Speaker 11: Going?
Speaker 1: Of course, okay, I mean that's just everywhere he goes, right, he walks in. It's like chilli, chilly gilly after tickets. Yeah, think about it, chili. Did you do four or five of what we call it ticket drop where you were at a secret location? Four or five of them?
Speaker 12: Five for sure?
Speaker 1: Five? Yeah, but the first one was only one hundred.
Speaker 16: Now, the first one was only twenty tickets, so yeah, and then we moved it up to fifty. And then after that we were like, yeah, let's move.
Speaker 1: It up to one hundred, okay.
Speaker 12: And then we did one hundred for like three of them or four one.
Speaker 1: Of those one hundred. These were pairs, Yeah, one hundred pairs. The first time you went out, you only had twenty pair of tickets. Yeah, we thought that was a good idea. Damn, we didn't know what we had. Yeah, we didn't know what we had. Yeah. Wow, we thought it was gonna be forever.
Speaker 16: I'll be like, oh dude, you're gonna be there for like an hour and like five minutes. As soon as I said, hey, I'm over here, and everybody in their mama showed up.
Speaker 1: That's why, that's why they were chanting your name. Yeah, like you gave them the tickets. I appreciate the love. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, what are we giving away?
Speaker 4: I know the show here, So I've left a pair of tickets. Oh no, no, I've left a four pack of tickets with pit passes to Monster Jam. Guys, don't make any plans for the months of October. Okay, we've got you. We've got Monster Jam. It's this Saturday, October nineteenth. It's at NRG Sparklesmash.
Speaker 5: We'll be there.
Speaker 3: We're never gonna stop partying.
Speaker 1: Helly, We're never gonna stop party. No, because tomorrow. Yeah, I just say, damn golf tournament tomorrow. All right, guys, Monster Jam tickets on the flip. Tessa has a question for you. Coming up.
Speaker 8: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show US ninety four to five, The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: All right, we gotta wrap this thing up today, nine fifty two.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, come on, all right, here we go. Time for know the show Monster Jam is going down on Saturday. We got a four pack of passes. You the family will come down to the pits as well. We'll give you those passes if you answer this question correctly.
Speaker 4: Well, what do Rod and Alex have that Chile and I do not?
Speaker 5: We did a little around the room thing.
Speaker 4: Rod said it was average for this to be had, and you know, Philly and I didn't have it.
Speaker 5: There was that.
Speaker 4: I don't want to give any more hints because it's for four packing takets and pit passes.
Speaker 1: It's all right. Seven one, three, two two five, ninety four five.
Speaker 4: If you know the show, Hey, Alexa played ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four.
Speaker 1: Point five to us station from iHeartRadio, The Ron Bryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, getting ready to wrap up a Monday edition. Thank you. I saw a couple of people had some questions about the golf tournament. There's three there's three teams available. Email me if you think you can be a part of our golf tournament tomorrow. If you want to play, there's an opportunity if you wanted to buy one of the three remaining foursomes. Rod at the buzz dot Com mostly stunning today, low chances of rain, highs over around ninety five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's now time for Know this show on ninety four five.
Speaker 7: La La la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la la la la. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Who's this.
Speaker 13: Daniel?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Daniel?
Speaker 1: Are you calling about the show? Daniel? Can you hear me?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 1: Do? Do?
Speaker 2: Do do?
Speaker 1: Daniel? I'll have to put your holes dang's Daniel? Try?
Speaker 12: Daniel?
Speaker 1: You there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 8: I could not get hear you.
Speaker 1: Bro. Are you calling? You're calling about know the show? Right?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, no the show? Okay, Tessa, what's your question? Hey? Daniel?
Speaker 4: Tell me what do Rod and Alex have that me and Chile did not have? And according to this that makes Rod and Alex very average and normal? Uh?
Speaker 12: Hangover?
Speaker 1: U hang Daniel, I went through all of this with you for that.
Speaker 5: No, we're all hungover.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan's show. Who's this? Hey?
Speaker 13: What's up?
Speaker 7: Rod?
Speaker 1: This is Jordan, Hi, Jordan, Welcome to the show. Tessa.
Speaker 3: What's your question, Jordan?
Speaker 4: What do Rod and Alex have that Chiley and I don't.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be cash money money cash.
Speaker 5: Why do you guys have it?
Speaker 1: Daniel Guy show Monday really like it was almost a non Monday type show. And then Daniel comes in here in Monday's up my Monday Show.
Speaker 5: Jordan's saved it.
Speaker 4: Jordan's getting the four pack of tickets to Monster Jam and the pit passes because this show.
Speaker 1: All right, dude, Hey, congratulations, thanks for saving the show this morning. All right, hey we'll see bring the bring the.
Speaker 3: Fam down, dude, come see us all right down on the pits.
Speaker 13: Awesome.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna bring the kid with me.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, looking forward to it. I really am. Hang on the phone. Monster Jam this Saturday. Tickets through Ticketmasters still available.
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 3: Tommy Coffee?
Speaker 1: Coffee, Tommy, he beat Matt in two questions to answers, They're gonna go. He's gonna go for win. They Tommy and Coffee are gonna go for other second win tomorrow on the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Thank you to everyone for bringing in their six picks. Thank you to Chili for putting them up. The Milf out of everything, the Milf is still the number one link. That's wrong with you, guys. There's nothing wrong with you that the MILF is number one. That's great, Texas Hammer. Thank you to the great Jim Handler for helping us out today. Congratulations to the Texans kicking ass. Hopefully my Bills can win tonight on Monday Night Football Tomorrow Tomorrow, I think we should probably do another round of Chili Brown and then Wednesday. What I'd like to do is the Pumpkins spice prices rightly. I have word that he knows that he is being summoned, so I have a so chili Brown tomorrow, Pumpkin spice price is right. Will play that game on Wednesday. Tomorrow's also Tattooesday and tomorrow's golf tournament day. So again, email me if you think you can play. We got three foursomes for sale, okay, and the money this is cash money that I need for the for the big donation at the end of the month for m d Anderson. Jeremy's up NonStop noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour Testa's on Houston Life at one o'clock.
Speaker 12: It's it.
Speaker 1: We got to go. Thank you guys so much for this weekend. I will never ever ever forget it for the rest of my life on how absolutely great Saturday was. And I know that you guys feel the same way. We just all we had so much fun because you guys made it so much fun, and you've made twenty years so much fun. So thank you all. We're back tomorrow morning. We're on a twenty hour break.
Speaker 11: AML Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 10: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out the world's famous Ron Ryan shoepage at the buzz dot com.