Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. As I try to adjust this microphone because everything here is messed up. Everything here is messed up. Okay, stop messing with my studio. It's unbelievable, it's unreal. How are you good? Thanks, Mike, you're looking You look like you are the Australian version of whoever that guy was on Jurassic Park.
Speaker 2: Sam Neil? Is that real name?
Speaker 3: Is that who it is?
Speaker 1: I'm horrible with names, so I don't know. Yeah, Sam Neil, Yeah, that's like the style of hat that I feel like he had.
Speaker 4: It is a cattleman zacubra in rabbit fur direct from Melbourne, Australia.
Speaker 2: Pairs well with my.
Speaker 4: You hear that, Peter Kangaroo, I say that cowboy boots.
Speaker 1: You hear that?
Speaker 2: You hear that? I'm sure it's fine. I'm sure Pete is okay, Tod all right.
Speaker 1: Michael the Grinder Miss Rocky winning the fifty k PPC Grinder Grinder Grinder Grinder, his fourth one two three four fourth PPC title. Absolutely dominant performance down the stretch, even extends before the final day of play. Speaking of dominance, Sina Okamoto absolutely steam rolling through the Ladies Championship. She leads the final table one more day to go. In that event, we have a first time w SP gold Brace the winner Elong Wang winning the three K no limit hold them, and then the Gladiators of Poker became the second largest live poker tournament ever in the the history of the game, if you can believe it. So a very very very big day here at the World Series of Poker. I am still very very tired from last night, very very tired. So it is eleven fifteen pm, quite a bit earlier than the three point thirty or whatever the heck it was last night. So get out of here a couple hours earlier than we did last night. I am operating on three hours of sleep. Is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know why I do it, but it's silly. If you're listening, the least I can ask for it, just just hit the button, like subscribe to the channel. If you're on YouTube, if you're able to leave a review, do that. I mean, come on, we're grinding here for you, guys, so please help us out, make us feel good. Or if you want to talk some crap, I mean you can do that too, go into the YouTube comments, talk some smack all you want. We'll probably talk some smack right back. We love to do it. If you want to play against us, head on over to play PokerGO dot com free online poker just a few clicks away. It'll probably take you all of what ninety seconds maybe two minutes tops to sign up, another thirty seconds to get into a game. They got ring games, they got tournaments, they have sitt and goes the tournaments. There's a one million gold free roll that runs every hour on the half hour, so you should definitely check that out. I will say that producer Rich I know is listening, I have a gripe with the every hour on the half hour. You don't like the half outd So here's the thing. They do tournament breaks. So you play for twenty five minutes and then you break. Yeah, seems a little silly. Should just be on it every hour. That way, you play for fifty five minutes, because like you're all of a sudden you're playing, you're getting in the swinging thing and it's like boom break.
Speaker 2: It's like wait, they just started even weird.
Speaker 1: This is no light registration, right, Yeah, but they should just start it earlier so you play for a longer period of time, right, So that's what I think. So second, so I'm sending a I'm sending a note to the suggestion box, which is me through the podcast to you, Rich, I forgot my water.
Speaker 3: Damn it.
Speaker 1: As you die, it makes me think that I've forgot my water. So hopefully I can make it through this without dying. Play poker go dot com, Come play some free online for We had a lot of fun in those free roles, those million Goald free rolls. He had a lot of fun the past couple days. Hopefully we'll keep those up, especially during the WSP main event broadcast. Michael the Grinder, Miss Rocky, this guy and this tournament is something I'm not sure I would believe it, but I have seen it with my own eyes, so I'm forced to believe it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: It's just it's unfathomable that he has won this tournament, the toughest, most grueling poker tournament in the world, against the most elite competition. Crazy buying, fifty k, I mean, just all of it. It has everything, right, Yeah, and he's won it not once, not twice, not three times, but now four times. Ultimately, it was miss Rocky's seventh w Sipeagle bracelet, one point three three million dollars coming his way as well his sixth cash in this event as well. He took home as I said, one point three to three million bring Kenny second, eight hundred and eighty seven K Esther Taylor aka e K five hundred and ninety K for her. She took or she finished, the deepest that a female has ever finished in this event. The previous one was Melissa Burr twenty fourteen. She took seventh. And those are the only two women to cash in this one. Andrew ja got fourth, Jalvier got fifth, Albert Daher got sixth, and Ben Lamb got seventh. Those are the final seven players to come back for the fifth and final day of play. What do you got for me here? You're typing stats.
Speaker 4: Type of stat in yeah that you said six cash for Michael Mzrahi in the PPC six million and sixty four thousand dollars in PPC earnings aligne just.
Speaker 1: I mean, this guy is crazy. This guy is wild. Now I will say this. He ran like freaking God on the final day. But he did put himself in that position to run like God, so you can't fault him. I'm a bit jealous of a Sun run like that. All around, there was some really fun hands, you know, I think, even extending back to day four and Day three, a lot of really fun hands in this one. We did stream I believe it am onto two and a half days of coverage of this tournament, so if you guys want to check that out, you can go find it on demand on poker dot com. For this final table, the great Ali Najade was in the booth alongside he ever so talented Jared Blessnik, and it was tremendous. Blesnick of course spoke his mind as he always does in the booth. You know, he gives great insight, yes, but he also doesn't hold back. If he thinks you played bad, he's gonna say you freaking torched it. So it makes for a very very very entertaining watch. So if you missed it out highly and you guys to go and watch that. I mean, mss Rocky just steamrolled this whole final table. I mean right from the start, he was just boom out the gate flying when he gets to three handed play. It's just like he's like taking chips from Taylor. He's taken chips from Kenny, then from Taylor, then from Kenny. Next thing, you know, he's got like twenty seven million, they both have like three million. He's just running away with the thing. Eta goes out in third miss Rocky's heads up with Kenny. He's got thirty million to like the two and a half or three million for Kenny. Like it's just like it's just insurmountable. He's never coming back from that. With the way the Grinder was playing and running, it's just never happening. It just also was one of those things where it just it felt like Michael mss Rocky's tournament. I mean, I'm gonna say, on day three, I know, you and I were walking through the field and I was like, really like really, he's still in like he's still doing it. He's still got a big stack over there, and you just can kind of sense it, you know, being around the game for so long.
Speaker 4: So so yeah, yeah, I mean it felt like everything was going his way, and even you look at that final hand, you know, at the final hand he pushes Bran off of pat nine induced to seven.
Speaker 2: Off the best hand. Yeah, off the hand.
Speaker 4: If Brin stays pat, he doubles up, he doubles up, he decides to break. He's nine to seven to Joe to a wheel, pairs up his deuce. Grinder had the ten six, pushed him off and like, you know, what is what is your day?
Speaker 2: It's just your day, right, Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean he kind of he kind of mindfed him on that final hand, which I think Grinder did quite a bit of, you know, especially late on day four. You know, a lot of talking to his opponents, kind of manipulating them in one direction or another. The same sort of thing happened at times today at the final table or yesterday at the final table. I should say there was one key hand where I thought Jalvierra made a mistake folding top hair with jack three when Grinder ripped it in with an open ended straight flustra on the turn.
Speaker 2: Believe that was Nolan hold.
Speaker 1: Him, yeah, Jalli thought, thought, thought thought ultimately folded the best hand. Now, of course, there was still one card to come, so Grinder could have Hitten with the way that he was running. I mean, he probably would have just smashed straight flush. But still I don't I didn't understand how Via folded that hand in that spot. I think there were a lot of people, you know, he was getting a lot of texts, different group chats or whatever that were watching the stream. We're in the same boat. But that's the type of day that it was for Michael mcrocky. You know, he whenever he was drawing, he like immediately drew to the best hand whenever he needed to get a bluff through, as evidenced by the fact that I mean it was a semi bluff, yes, but still like he didn't have to go to the river, go to showdown against Ja Viera. Jau just folded, so like everything just worked out. Even when he got on the final hand, as you mentioned, he got the best hand to break and he ultimately wins it. So a really, really incredible stellar performance from Michael mcrocky, and we had the chance to sit down with him afterwards. So let's hear from the grinder, all right, Mike now won the fifty KPPC four times, something no one else has ever done. What is it about this event that brings out the best in you?
Speaker 3: Well, when you're playing out to playing the best. You got to be the best, you know, and it's just I've just been very fortunate. I don't even know how to do it, tell you truth. I mean, it's kind of crazy. I had a shot twenty five times at a shot last year and then I had a straight bubble. But I don't know. I just run really well in this tournament and I'm having a good I mean, I have a great World Series before. I think it's my eleventh cash that had probably fourteen events. So but I paid a lot of small ones. The only big one I played so far, but I plan on playing that ten kp lot tomorrow. Yeah, I don't know, just the event. I just run good. I can't even explain it. I don't know. I played my I probably played my best I played. I probably played better than the last three ones I played. So yeah, feeling good, just experience. I think that's why I probably played better this one than the ones in the past.
Speaker 1: All right, take us back, you know, before the bracelets, before the titles, Poker still a dream to you, did you ever like think that it could amount to this all this success?
Speaker 3: Tell you the truth that and ever, I mean I thought that in the beginning, I knew I had the talent. I started when I was fourteen, fifteen years old, you know, you know, always looked up to Rob. You know, he's but I always felt like, you know, we have we're guiding Charlie, you know, we just he was my more, my mentor, and then we learned a lot from each other, and a lot was just self taught and then just watching people play it just you know, just I was like kind of like transforming from learning from this one this one, this one, I'm making my own game and then just and I just I make those. You know, I'm play a lot of cash, and I played more. Actually i've played. I've been playing a lot more cash. I haven't played a tournament in a year. Tell you was the last tournament I played, won the World Series event. It was online. Then I haven't been I haven't payed a tournament since last since last year. And now it's like I'm playing a lot of cash. But now after you win a few tournaments, you're like, you feel good about it, you want to keep doing it. It's confidence.
Speaker 1: Every poker career has its ups and downs. I'm sure yours has had its fair share of it as well. You know, what do you know the highs and the lows teach you about life?
Speaker 3: I could, I've been up here, been down there, I've seen everything, but I keep them at like I just always keep my composure, like I know I'll get it back if I'm go down. I know I'm not worried. I know my talent and my skill will get me where I want to be.
Speaker 1: And here it is, and part of that has to be the supports. Isn't that you have every time you're deep? You got a big rail? How is that support system?
Speaker 3: What does it mean to you? I mean I have the best best friends, best family, I mean, my kids, just everyone just very supportive. When I'm down. They're always there for me. Even when I'm high, there here for me. But like just I got a great real Okay, I can't say that I love them all.
Speaker 1: When people talk about the legends of the game, do you feel like your name gets mentioned enough?
Speaker 3: I think it does. Maybe this will this might get it done. I would think so after four PPC titles, and it's quite an accomplishment. And I have no words to express. I mean, this is crazy. I can't even believe it.
Speaker 1: Do you have your sights on the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: We'll see. I mean I didn't. I'm not in it yet, but it pushed me to work harder. It motivates me. But if I'm not in it, so I'll keep working. But I don't make it. Next year a good launer, maybe I'll win the PPC again.
Speaker 1: Four PPC titles. What does this win say about Michael Msrocky.
Speaker 3: I'm the PPC champ baby.
Speaker 1: Just the best, just absolutely the best. You're gonna tie this into a new password?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I mean, uh, I've heard the complaints from the people.
Speaker 2: The people are complaining. Huh, people are complaining. I'm not gonna name names.
Speaker 1: I think you should name names.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to.
Speaker 4: I think they know who they are. Simple as that. We're going to be a new password for those who are new listeners. You're following us, you know on YouTube, pan us on YouTube. We are giving you guys a seat into our PGT one million dollar Championship.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: You can sit with Jeremy Osmas, you could sit with potentially Michael the Grandamrahi, Daniel Grinder. All these guys are qualify for our million dollar free roll and you're going to represent the Publiclar Podcast. It's very very easy, lots of waste of wait a bit for us. You go to PGT dot com slash dreams so you'll see all the promotions. But there is one for us, the Puglar Podcast drawing. Click the link, you're gonna go to this page. It's got a bunch of things you have to do. Follow us on Twitter, retweet this like us here, but we put in a password. We put this password in gives you ten extra Raffle tickets, and we're going to change this as much as we can.
Speaker 2: End of October, I believe we'll draw a winner.
Speaker 4: Obviously, the more things you enter, the more passwords, more tickets you get. You may have that seat to represent us in the tam million Dollar Championship first prize five hundred thousand dollars. You know, not too many podcasts give you the chance to win half a million dollars. We are probably know we're the only one that's about twenty five k worth of equity. So today's password is going to be I think it's very fitting. It's going to be grinder.
Speaker 2: It makes total sense.
Speaker 4: G I N d er grinder. Put that in, you get your ten extra tickets. And like I said, if you knew a bunch of other things you can do follow us. There's a retweet option kinds of visit page here, visit this page there. And there's some old passwords too, so you can go back and try and find those. But I think during the main would try and maybe do it every day if I have, if I can remember to stay on top of it. But yeah, we're trying to get you guys into the PGT Million Dollar Championship.
Speaker 2: That'd be a good one.
Speaker 1: On the coverage today, Blesnik was calling this well at the time, he was saying, if Grinder does go on to win, it would be the greatest accomplishment in poker history.
Speaker 2: Do you agree or disagree?
Speaker 4: Well, my boy Bill Boyd may have some of the someone quit the listening at home are not allowed to talk, but anyone pre nineteen ninety, just for the Donnie Peters iron if you're watching this on YouTube, you would have witnessed it was perfect greatest accomplishment in poker.
Speaker 2: What is what's it? What's it is?
Speaker 4: His competition? Okay Friedman, he did it three in a row, yep mark Newhouse, back to back final tables. All right, it doesn't even register.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So let's said, as let's grinding, let's put it all in a bucket and see which one flows to the top, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: What else could we even put in there at.
Speaker 4: The WSP Well, I mean I think it's Aaron Cummings back to back to seven triple Joe wins.
Speaker 1: I mean the closest comparison is obviously Adam Friedman.
Speaker 2: Yep, So do you yeah? Do you yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you do you add some weight to Friedman? Because one he did it three consecutive wins? Okay, there's that also in your opinion, Like if you're waiting it, do you consider Dealer's Choice to be a little bit more of a difficult game than a nine game mix, which has a structure it flows, you know from games one through nine, it goes from one to one one, you know, it keeps going through them, whereas Dealer's Choice, like, I mean, you have no idea what anyone's going to pick, Like they could throw you for a loop. There's what is the twenty one games in the in the rotation game, so you know there's that element. I would say that the I know, the money is bigger. Of course in the fifty k PPC, it's five times to buy, and yes, but fields are probably very very very similar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, skill wise, numbers wise, I think winning I'm going to say winning a dealer's choice might be slightly harder than winning the PPC just because of what you said. You're going to be playing games that you know, maybe you know you have never played. We saw a tweet I think it was a tweet from David gunslinger Buck today he is a PPC winner, wanted to play some cash and he played these silly circus games of Badaci and Baduci. Well that's kind of the core of mixed game cash game mixed games now, so that's part of the dealer's choice. So, you know, I think winning a dealer's choice is maybe slightly harder. But the fact that grind has been able to win four of these over you know, pretty much what is it. First one was twenty ten, you know, fifteen years and it's beening in different variations. He won the eight game when it was no limit holding final table. He won the eight games, oh, very first one. Yeah, his first one was that, his second one was normal eight game, and now and now he's got the nine game one. So I he's wanted in two different formats, well three really different formats, I guess you could say. And the fact that he's got four, I just you just it's hot to not give him the advantage the upper hand in this in this discussion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm giving it to Grinder for sure. I think I agree with Buzzle, like this is the greatest accomplishment that we've seen in poker. Now. What's also interesting is that there's somebody that could do it if they just win this tournament once more, and that's Brian Rast, which is pretty wild to think about.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: For as good as it is for Michael Mnsrocky to win four PPC titles, there is another player that, you know, in one year's time, we could be talking about him tying that incredible record, which is wild to think about. Very interesting stuff. Congratulations to Grinder, very very very cool night here at the World Series of Poker. And then speaking of dominance, kind of in the same ve, we got Shina Okamoto dominating the Ladies Championship. She is one of seven entering Sunday's final table. There were more than thirteen hundred entries in this field. Now, Okamoto, if you recall if that name sounds familiar, if you've seen pictures of her and you're like, where have I seen that face before? Well, two years ago she took second in this very event for one hundred and eighteen thousand dollars, and then last year she went and won. Uped herself. She said, you know what, second's not good enough.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna win the damn thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she won it for one hundred and seventy one thousand dollars, and now she has a fairly sizable chip lead. Entering the final table, she has twenty four more big blinds than second place. Seven players remain. They are guaranteed twenty six thousand dollars, one hundred and eighty four thousand dollars up top, and Okamota is freaking in the driver's seat again.
Speaker 2: She's absolutely crushing and I don't understand what's happening.
Speaker 4: It's just like we didn't understand Grind and we don't understand this either. She's just ever since day one, Like you said, second in chips now chip leader.
Speaker 2: It's kind of just crazy. It was.
Speaker 4: What's funny, though, is I was over there after dinner break. You know, I was going to talk to the ladies about the plan of the day, and our resident bio writer, Keegan, who was handing out the bioboards and we were chatting. He goes, yeah, like you know, oh, we have to give him out to everyone. He goes everyone, but you know, she know, like, oh yeah, obviously he goes. They're filling it out. He leans into her, He's like, is there anything you want to add to this?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Like, you know, she already got We've done it twice, so we don't really need her age again or her name again. We've got all that information. And she points to the like biggest accomplishment and like she goes, just change this one from to last year. You know, her English isn't great, but we could, we both, you know, Kegan laughed.
Speaker 2: She laughed.
Speaker 4: You know, so obviously her greatest accomplishment last year was second the Ladies now makes it's obviously winning, so that's her on them. Then who knows next year when she's chip later in the twenty twenty six Ladies Championship, she's gonna say, you know, the two wins I have in this event, So she's gonna be basically the next Michael's Manserahi, but for the Ladies Championship.
Speaker 1: You know, I listened, actually finished it up this morning on the Drive in but to the Table one podcast Justin Young and Art Parman. But they had on Chris Brewer, and Chris was talking about, you know, his career and his life in the game and whatever, and at one point he mentioned how he doesn't really believe the confidence is a thing in poker, and I'm sorry, but I just to disagree. Now, I mean, he did explain himself a little bit further. When I say I have to disagree with him, I'm I'm, you know, half joking, but I do. I do believe confidence is a big thing. And like as it pertains to shea Okamoto, like she has to feel supremely confident when she comes into the Ladies Championship every year, and I think it then shows through her play like she's just she's just doing it, and every decision that she makes she must just feel like, yes, this is the right one and yes this is gonna work, and there's no cloud in her judgment. She's just able to come whatever the right answer is. So I do think that there's a lot to say about confidence in poker. Now, if you do actually listen to the Table one podcast with Chris brew which I would highly recommend because it's very good. But he talked about how confidence and you know it maybe isn't so much of a thing in the way that I'm referring to it at the most elite levels, because you know, those players, the Chris Brewers, the Steven Chidwick's, the Nick Petrangelo's, you know, Shawn Winter's, all those guys like there, They're always going to really be playing their A game. It really doesn't matter. So and then you know, if you're Chris also said, I believe if I'm stating it correctly, but if you're B and C game at those levels isn't very very close to your A game, then you should never just never be playing those levels. And the confidence factor probably applies much more to lower buying stuff. You know, hence the Ladies Championship, you know, which has a one K buy and gets thirteen hundred runners. You know, this isn't a Triton Field or a PGT or something like that, where it's much smaller. It's more like, you know, whatever one hundred entries, you know, much more elite player play or whatnot. Not that these women aren't very very good, because they clearly are, but it's just kind of a different process to go through it, right. You might not just be like full robotic the whole time. You know, you're doing more of like live poker player type of stuff, you know, feeling your way through things, reading the situation, whatnot. I mean, there was there was one clip that our social media guys sent in that I watched where Sheena jammed I believe was on the river against a lady and it didn't seem like it was that much more than like what the bet was or and the pot was very big, and the woman tanked and tanked and tank and eventually folded, and like the other the rest of the table is kind of like how did you fold?
Speaker 2: Like you know whatever.
Speaker 1: But like that's where I'm thinking about the confidence thing, and I'm like, well, maybe Okamota is just like no, I know this woman's gonna fold. I know, like I know she's may maybe I think she's playing scared. She is really close to the final table and she wants to make it, so I'm just gonna pounce, so you know, stuff like that. I think in factor in at these types of levels, and I think Okamoto is just executing to absolute perfection. And it's going to be very exciting to watch this stream on Sunday. Sunday, June twenty ninth, the stream is going to be on Poker Go eight pm Eastern, five pm Pacific. We're gonna have Lawn mccaron and Jen Shahade on the call. Natalie Bode is going to be on the sidelines, and I'm super excited to see how she does this file table. I'm I'm fully expecting her to end up in the Winter Circle. I just am like, I feel like it's just one of those runs, much like I felt like with Michael the Grinders Rocky. I am just ready again. Like I said, I think we should keep the name Ladies Championship because I think this event deserves to, you know, shed light that it is on the Ladies Championship event of the world in poker, but it is presented by she and Okamoto, like it's it's done, it's you can just, you can just.
Speaker 2: It's toasted, it's sponsored, it's everything.
Speaker 1: I mean, she should be presenting the bracelet should she not win like herself, the whole.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in the case that she doesn't win, like if herraces get cracked or whatever that happens, you know she can present it because yeah, this is her event, like it really really is. It's absolutely incredible to watch this run. You know, even if she were to go out seventh tomorrow, let's say, a second, then a first and then a seventh is unheard of, absolutely unheard of. So congrats so far to she and O Kamodo. But like like you always think about in poker tournaments, you're never really going to be happy until you win. So I'm assuming she's going to be very very very interested and of course gunning for that victory. She's ahead of Juliet Hedjdas probably butchered that name. I'm sorry, Juliette, Stephanie Hagberg in third, Sonya Shasha Keina, Heather Alcorn, Julie hun and Sumiri.
Speaker 2: Huno Maaki.
Speaker 1: I for sure butchered eight percent of those names, and I apologize.
Speaker 2: I think Heather, I believe, is a previous dealer of the Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not only deal of the year. Yes, she plays now quite a lot. She plays a lot of the different games. She's had some success, and here she is running deep making the final seven. She's got twenty six big blinds to work with. Okamoto stack has ninety four big linds in it. So you know, not only has she made the final table with the chip lead, with a pretty healthy chip lead again twenty four big linds over the next closest player, but she's got a lot of big lines to work with. You know, they're they're fairly deep here. So I'm excited to see she and Okamoto get to work again. That will be streaming Sunday onn Poker gro Lon mccaron, Gensha Hotti on the Call eight Eastern, five Pacific. Elong Wang is the winner of his first WSOP Gold bracelet. He won the three K no limit hold him for eight hundred and thirty thousand dollars. Ran Elani took second place.
Speaker 2: Ren Linn.
Speaker 1: We all know Ren Lynn, mister no Gamble in the future, mister Tom Brady, mister Lady Gaga. He took third for four h six. Julian Kolev fourth, Gunal Potny fifth, sengyun Nam sixth place, Fabrizio Gonzalez seventh, Jason Richard eighth, Powan Bonsel ninth and then Stephen Jones runs out the top ten. Stephen Jones former runner up in the WSP main Event to Daniel Weinman. He finished in tenth place. Pretty fun to see. Well, it was ultimately four final tables happening if you include the ladies one. I know, like we talk about it, like the tables happening on Sunday, but they also got down to one table and they had to play. They played down to seven. So you had the ten K Deuce to seven Championship, which is still playing and we'll talk about that they're still playing. You had, of course the PPC, you had this three K, and then you had that Ladies like all happening at once, among the fact that you had all of the tournaments going on in this main event center room here at Horseshoe, so certainly buzzing, absolutely buzzing, and part of the reason why that was buzzing. Second largest live tournament ever. This is one of those days at the World Series of Poker where I feel like we're gonna we can like remember this day. Specifically, you obviously had grind her. What shina O Kamoto is doing is incredible, and then you have the Gladiators of Poker becoming the second largest live tournament ever. So I'm thinking, like many years down the road, because we have that article on PGT dot com where it's the top fifteen largest poker tournaments, right, and now we're gonna have to put that the entry for this tournament, this Gladiator's Tournament into second place. Yeah, you know, a couple of years down the road, we might be looking at this list, referencing here or whatever. We're gonna be like, oh, remember second, Remember that that was the day when Grinder did this, and she did that, and oh Nick Schulman was going for his second the summer, like all that was happening at once. Like it's one of those things that just sticks in your mind. So enormous field here for day one d of the Gladiators of Poker Tournament nine eight hundred and seventy five, which is which.
Speaker 4: Is oh sorry I didn't know, wait which is it is the largest which in WSP history.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I was like, what what are you pointing on me? Please, for the love of God helped me. You can tell me you're gonna throw it to me, but yeah, that's the largest. I was literally about to poke your eye out.
Speaker 4: It topped twenty nineteen Big fifty flight one day, ninety one hundred entrance.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: This is also forty percent of the field in this flight one day of glad days, but not the biggest percentage of all that ALI do to one camister millions this year forty one point four four percent was pretty close. But I largest flight in w SOOP history. Sorry about the the little.
Speaker 1: Just to put a little bit more into context just how big the flight was today. Last year's day one deep and sixty nine entries. This year as we've been talking about eight hundred and seventy five, so more than three thousand entries better than last year's final flight.
Speaker 2: That is wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and once again, I'm not sure I heard much at all about long registration lines, not going ten handed, you know anything. Everything seemed like it was flowing quite nicely. I know the hallways and the bathrooms were a little bit backed up on the brakes, but other than that, smooth sailing. Yeah, absolutely smooth sailing. So kudos to the WSOP there for that one. Again, quite a bit of ways to go in this one, so we'll touch on it more in the next episode when we thin the field. A little bit more, we start seeing you know, who's building big stacks where they're going from there. I don't think we have the prize pool yet, the full prize, but I know they all got into the money. Yeah, but I don't think they issue the big prize pool. But it's probably gonna be around what five hundred k for first? You think, Yeah, which is which is wild?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean it really is a three lot of a ticket, yeah, which is crazy. So I would much rather play that than actually going to just buy a lot of a ticket. I'd much rather fire on.
Speaker 2: This just because it's more chance of the lot of a ticket.
Speaker 1: It's more fun to play poker. It is though, It's just way more fun to play poker. The ten k p l O Championship event. I'm still holding out, by the way, and this ten k deuces seven just to see if we can get a winner or whatever happens there. They were three handed when we started the show.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're getting I don't think we're getting a winner.
Speaker 1: So you just want to talk about it now, Let's have a let's have.
Speaker 2: A quick look at the chip counts.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: We could, but I think we should talk about it now, all right?
Speaker 1: There are three players left the ten K limit Duce to seven Triple Draw Championship. The three players are Matthew Shreiver, Nick Shulman and Alexander Wilkinson. Shulman is of course going for his eighth Wsop Gold bracelet, his second this summer. He won the ten k No limit Duce to seven Single Draw earlier in the summer, and here he is in the final three right now as things stand eleven forty three pm on Saturday night. Matthew Shreiver is the current chip lead. But they've kind of been all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Wilkinson's had the chip lead, Shulman was short drivers had the chip lead. You know, Shulman's had the chip but they've been all over the place. So don't think we're going to get a winner in this one tonight. So let's just touch on it. We'll leave it there, we'll come back tomorrow. But do you want to mention three hundred and thirty three thousand dollars up? Top final three players are guaranteed one hundred and forty four thousand. We lost high Park in fourth place. We lost Brian Tate, founder and CEO of Oats Overnight Oats Overnight Baby, Yurizeelefski in sixth place, Oscar Johansson in seventh and friend of the podcast Pedro Brohmpman in eighth place. So that's how we got down to the final three again. Final three guaranteed one hundred and forty four thousand dollars, Second place is two fifteen and first place is three three three. So we'll finish wrapping up on this one if it happens to end tonight in the next I don't know, fifteen twenty minutes whatever. Zero chance, yeah, zero chance. I mean, listen, there's always a non zero chance that is true. Somebody could go on a heater like Michael Mamsrocky and just run through them, a lot through them. Okay, so we got the ten k PLO Championship that kicked off today. Yeah, I mean, I would imagine this one is just going to be enormous. At seven two runners right now, what are to have last year probably are already be last year's it had eight eleven, so probably going it was going to smash through that. Yeah, I'm gonna get over nine hundred for sure. I know you wrote down that Jeremie Osmas was leading.
Speaker 2: He's not third and Chips. I don't see him leading. Yeah, he's not.
Speaker 4: Alex j Uh plays on some of our champions clup Streams down in Houston, Texas. He's a chip leader. Rengie Mass second and Chips. They got Frank Brannan up there, Thomas Taylor, he's having a very good world series. Uh, Tuby Lewis, Richard Greiico, Gabrielle and got a lot of plow names that people be uh familiar with.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is a four day event. It's a lot. It's a slug.
Speaker 4: This one is a slug, but only one entry to freeze out. I believes the one where they thought they added the re entrance.
Speaker 1: I think it was back and forth seventeen different times. But I believe it is a free freeze out. And I even think that the way Twitter account tweeted out the ten k plow freeze out.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, just well like everyone knows this is the freeze out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: Renland busted, Jason Mercer busted, Mickey Duack, Brandis Shack, Harris Hucks, Seed, Scott sever David Williams, Barney Bowtman and George Wolf have all been eliminated.
Speaker 2: We also lost.
Speaker 1: Tommy Lee, the legend legend who I guess according to this Poker News report because he's in the same hand with Allen Lee was at the same table as his brother. Wow, brother and brother crime. What's up with that?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So that's the ten k PLO. I would expect this one to just get again nine hundred plus nine fifty.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: One of the other people that we lost in this event was the one and only Daniel Legrando. Yeah, because he made a boo boo good. What is it the the oopsie meter? By the way, we have a duck up that we've talked about.
Speaker 4: He has an oops Yeah, he has an oopsie me because he misread his hand.
Speaker 2: Everyone's on it.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you Daniel Legrnanho or you're not Danny?
Speaker 2: I mean I did it in a one tune limn Cash. You didn't do it in the ten k.
Speaker 1: You didn't do it in the ten k Polo Freeze Out Championships, did you, right?
Speaker 2: Definitely not the PLOFC. That's the PLFC.
Speaker 1: So I guess this hand, according to Poker News, was against Max Steinberg and it looks like his blind verse blind Steinberg and the small blind in the big mine. And I'm sure this will be on Daniel's log at least I hope it will be, because we'll see the upsie meter. But they get to a final board of seven three deuce King ten, no flush present. Steinberg checks negran New jams all in for what he had left was forty six hundred at the time. Steinberg calls Niggaranney turns over King Queen Jack knighte. I remember the board is seven three duce King ten. Nigrania has King Queen Jack Knine, so he just has a pair of kings which is with a Queen kicker. And then he said he immediately realizes what happened, and he says, I misread my hand. Thought he had King ten girls. He would have checked and Steinberg did have King ten, had King ten eighty five. So Steinberg with the two pair, Nigaranny thought he had two pair, and Negraneu is out and he'll be on to the next one. So what are you gonna do? Happens to everyone. I guess you can just reenter right, No, you cannot. This is the freeze out chamber time of the entire Partlam in Omaha World. Okay, so no re entry for d N Eggs. A little boo boo there, a little oopsie meter, but no big deal. He'll be in the next tournament. The fifteen one hundred dollars eight game is cruising along right now. Where are we at in this one?
Speaker 4: There is a nineteen remaining the seven and eighty nine entrance. Massive increase from lost year. I think it was like four everyone's guaranteed seven k. Right now they're playing for one hundred and eighty four thousand. Working out way from the bottom op of the chip gas Brad Rubin shooting for a second bracelet of the summer. Nico Milgrim there, he's in fourteenth place.
Speaker 2: Niko's gonna win this one.
Speaker 4: This is Mokei, Steve Bila, Rakas Silk grinding away thirteenth in chips. We have Scott Abrams up there, move up fifteen chips.
Speaker 2: Xinyang low? Is that how we say it? Dingyang low?
Speaker 4: Anyway, he's shooting for his second bracelet of the summer, fourth in twelve months, because he won two last summer, and the chip leader is Nakas Nadelku I.
Speaker 1: Like when you have to say the names and I don't know, this gives you a bit of arrest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, because you just trade off events if you want. Okay, you just you're the boss. You tell me what to do.
Speaker 1: Nineteen players remain. They're guaranteed seventy seven hundred dollars up top, one hundred and eighty four thousand dollars. Congratulations Nico on your first goal. Braceletcause you Saier are going to win this one field bonus or I can already tell seventeen no eight, well yeah, eighteen left?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he got a field bonus. How many were in there? Seven eighty nine? Yeah, so field.
Speaker 1: Bonus of seven seven plus five or twelve, So right now, twelve points for good old Nico Milgram.
Speaker 2: He's gonna win, so it doesn't matter. He is going to win.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling it. Yeah, I am feeling it. We have the twenty five at all mixed big bet. Did that start today?
Speaker 2: No? This is starting tomorrow Sunday?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: So? Only only the plos started today?
Speaker 2: Only the PLO side today? Figure? Remember I thought, well, yeah, I mean we both we both messed up. It's a double duck up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we we announced. I said the mini main event was starting on Saturday. I'm going to claim the duck up mainly because every World series I built this master Google sheet that everyone works off and it's normally perfect.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful, it's.
Speaker 4: Colors highly questionable on that, guys, it's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Highly questionable.
Speaker 4: And for some reason I had the mini main events starting on Saturday, and obviously no one questioned it because my stuff is perfect and it actually starts on Sunday. You thought it sat on, You thought it was weird that decided on Sunday on Saturday, but you.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to question it because I never make a mistake.
Speaker 1: I mostly didn't question it because it was about four time five morning over it. But yes, I was trying to figure out how it was going to operate on three hours of sleep and play the event.
Speaker 2: But thankfully I don't have to do that.
Speaker 4: Produce a rich You can put the little duck up here that's on May. But yeah, that's gonna start Sunday. Six thousand, seventy six runners lost. Yeah, the other events thought he used the twenty five hundred mixed Big Bet and that had four hundred and sixty eight runners in twenty twenty four, so two events on Sunday Jelly twenty ninth.
Speaker 1: Well on this Mini main event, given the fact that the Gladiators of Poker had three thousand more entries, yeah than last year, or more than three thousand more inchries in less year, right, how much was the total?
Speaker 2: Three thousand was?
Speaker 1: The last flight had three thousand more, so it had almost four thousand more.
Speaker 4: For four thousand, yeah thirty nine, just under four thousand more.
Speaker 1: So given how big that is, I feel like that's a nice lead in to then take a shot in the Mini main event, especially if you cash, if you act just part of that money, but you could also be one of those things where you come on out you're like, okay, I'll play I don't know, two or three shells in the Gladiators of Poker, you know, six hundred or nine hundred bucks, and then I got another one thousand I can put into the Mini main two thousand dollars a pretty good trip, you know, I get two kicks at it.
Speaker 2: Let's go or you know, two events.
Speaker 1: So I feel like this is pretty good scheduling here that at this Mini main event is going to be pretty big. So you said, what last year was six thousand and seventy six. I'm going sixty eight hundred. It's a big number.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to go much bigger actually, So you know, I personally do think the difference between three hundred one thousand is a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is a good This is still the good place.
Speaker 4: You know that the Gladiator is targets, So I didn't see a lot of people going to Polay just you know, coming here playing both see a lot of people taking some shots in the Gladiators, you know, obviously one thousand dollars, that's three bullets.
Speaker 2: In the Gladiators versus wanting the Mini.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I agree, there'll be an It is a Sunday, you know, going into that kind of July fourth, you know, take the week off, come to Vegas kind of like ideal.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 4: It's gonna definitely be a nice, big one, nice lead into the real.
Speaker 2: To the real main events. Yeah, I still wish they called that.
Speaker 1: Nine game tournament the Mini PPC. They got the Mini main event, they should have the Mini PPC. That's what I would absolutely love to see. The main event starts on Wednesday. I'm leaning more and more that it's just gonna get bigger and bigger.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: I feel like every day I add another fifty entries in my head.
Speaker 2: So we'll see where we end up.
Speaker 1: I know we're gonna work on a special main event preview podcast coming up in the in the upcoming days, so we'll have more on that. But another big day ahead on or yeah, on Sunday at the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker, I'm most looking forward to that Ladies Championship Finals, say well, that will be streaming on Poker Grow eight pm Eastern five pm Pacific time. Shina Okamoto is looking to defend her title. She is the chip leader with seven left, so I'm going to be keeping an eye on that. I do have to go do commentary over at Venetian. They got a sixteen hundred dollars Ultimate Stack final table, so that's gonna be a lot of fun as well. So if you want to join us there, that stream starts at noon, Vegas time three on the East Coast. I believe it should be done or right around done at the latest before the Ladies Championship, so you could do double duty. Yeah, you could watch Remco and I doing that Venetian final table, you know, and then you can hop on into the Lad's Championship with Lon Mheron and Jen Shahati. So join us in the streaming streets.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: We also actually have a third stream that day. Huh, I have a third stream total. We have have the BENMGM.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. We do have creating cash game.
Speaker 4: So if you you know, if tournaments you bit style, you want to come watch some cash games. BENMGM have a few events starting tomorrow with firstly with a creative cash game. Monday is the Big League Live streams. Got a bunch of retired MLB athletes. Gary Sheffield, you know that name, Garry Sheffield. Yeah, yeah, I don't know what that is. I'm the baseball guy, Rich knows exactly what I'm going. Andrew Jones you know that name? Yeah, and with you and then A J. Purrensky. I think they're the most the three famous guys. Apologies to you baseball fans out there. I'm not a big baseball guy. But that is on Monday, and then July fourth is the ben MGM Poker Championship from Aria thirty five hundred dollars. Main event they got some big They've had big numbers all week, so I think that's going to be a pretty big one.
Speaker 1: Some of these numbers that I've been hearing around town for the last week or so, I know kind of somewhere hit or miss, you know, kind of earlier in the summer, but this last week everything sounds free gag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this week and it's just yeah, it's just like is everyone coming into town, is everyone finding some money? We don't really know, but yeah, it does feel that this week everything's kind of We've been turned off a few notches with those you know, Aria specializing in those one day eleven hundreds. You know, we have those big the main events over at the wind that Ata Matrosian won. So yeah, it seems like POK is getting quite busy right now. Perfect Timmy really got the main event.
Speaker 1: It definitely is perfect timing, so tons of stuff going on. Absolutely love to see it. I do have a couple of shout outs that I kind of get to. I missed some from yesterday. Again, it was like, you know, four point thirty in the morning over the heck time, it was by time we started cut to the end of the podcast, So forgive me but Benjamin from Sarasota. We chatted for probably twenty minutes, maybe a little bit longer on just kind of the state of the poker industry, the state of poker content, poker on TV, all that sort of stuff. It was a very very good conversation that I had with Benjamin. I believe also said that he was Brazilian, makes his trip out here every summer, has used it as his his Father's Day present, So shout out to you. Benjamin. Really did enjoy our conversation. It was very interesting. You know, one of the things that we talked about specifically is kind of similar to the NBA. And I know you're a basketball guy, so I can I can draw these parallels here. But you know, the NBA had, like right now, they have Lebron James and Steph Curry, right those are the two biggest names, but they're also kind of on their way out. Who are the next stars that people are going to gravitate towards. Similar to poker, you know, you got the Danie mcgrowney's, got the Phil IV's, you've got the Phil Helmuth, right, but they're not going to be around forever. I bet it be well, Okay, yes, I mean, they're going to be a long round forever. But are they how long are they going to be around for? And how long are they going to be around in the fact that they're like winning and like at the top of the game and all that sort of stuff, and like who's that next wave, who's that next Luca Dunee?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like Mornin.
Speaker 1: Care honestly, Mark Garbrell could if he plays his cards right. But you know, there's just got to be more than just that. And I think that the Martin Martin Cobrell thing is interesting because in the NBA specifically, I know, there's a lot of conversations with you know, NBA heads about how like the current biggest stars, at least the youngest biggest stars aren't American. Yeah, so do you need an American poker player to kind of rise up?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: There are a lot of poker players that they have game and they're well known, but do they have the personality that the older generation has? So that's kind of what Benjamin and I were talking about, you know, because that that really that's what sucks to like the mainstream fan, like that's what they attached to.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, it's just something to think about, you know, and I don't really know or have an answer, and that's what we settle al on. But it's always kind of something to think about, Like over these next stars.
Speaker 4: I think we've talked about this before that you know, playing poker is so different to what it was in the two thousands right where you know, these guys are on TV. They knew that it was endorsement deals and stuff. Nowadays it's very very different. These guys are more serious to playing for bigger amounts of money. So what is the value to them sitting there laughing, having a good time, spilling a drink, throwing some jokes, doing some funny antics. There's not that much about There's more value in the poker side of things. Playing you know, perfect playing gto playing the best you can to maximize your position being at a final table or a feature table or something like that. So the poker industry is very different to what it was in the two thousands, when you know ninety percent of fans grew up, you know, idolizing a Grindo helm with madis out all these you know, the way it was produced to.
Speaker 2: Highlight these stars.
Speaker 4: This is a different it's just kind of a different, very different product now like back then, no live streams, all edited episodes. Now kind of all live streams. And I would say once people mostly watch live streams, they're not probably tuning into the episode so they see, you know, the long, the long drawn out gameplay versus you're going to cut up all these highlights put them together for you to tell a story. So I think it's just very different. And I don't know if we're trying to find the next personality, like the next Matters out, or we're trying to find the next kind of players that people look up to in certain ways, whether it's their mannerisms, the way they kind of conduct themselves at the table, or maybe they just like their style, like maybe they want to be, you know, feel less and aggressive like Alex Foxen. You know, they like the way, you know, Nick Schulman acts at the table, the way Christy Foxon acts at the table. So I think it's we're just looking for different stars and it's not just it's just not how it used to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the main point that the mean takeaway that Benjamin and I settled on was we don't really know what the answer is, you know, kind of like you're saying, and it can be different for a lot of different people. So I guess just kind of keep our eyes on the lookout for it, and then when we see it, whatever it is, just got to be ready to pounce.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Obie from Germany, doc ober m. I got him a hat. Don't worry. I got him a hat. You denied him a hat, But I got him a hat because I had one.
Speaker 2: Oh you hid one.
Speaker 1: I did not hide one, but I had one. It was it was one hundred and twenty five percent not hidden. In fact, when I put it where I put it, you were with me. So shout out to Obie. Cameron from Ventura, California. He usually plays cash, but he sat he'd into the main. Oh good show. He's going to be taking a shot there. I think he said he's into the main for around three K or thirty five hundred or something, so nice discount, affordable price. Cameron, shout out to you. Hopefully you go deep in the main event. We got Joseph from Seattle. He made me do a weird back to back pose where we were like our shoulders are leaning against each other. I mean, it was kind of weird. I'm not really a pose guy like that. I did it because I like the fans, but we love all. That might be the first in life back to back posts ever, so shout out to you surf for getting me to do that. But never, it's never happening. It's never happening again. We got Eric in the Gladiators his second bullet, or he was on his second bullet. Hopefully it works out. The first bullet did not work out. He got it in top set verse bottom set and the guy ran out a flush, so that was bad news for Eric. Meeting a lot of people around here, it's always fun see if you guys hop on in to the main event, and if you are in the main event, wrap that poke rel podcast hat. Let us know how you're doing. Yeah, you know very much. Look forward to it. And you know, if if you want to send an email into the podcast at pokero dot com, shoot us a DM or whatever. It's pretty simple these days to just get in contact with us. We have your name, We can quickly look out at your table and see we can send her photographers out there. We can get a photo of you like you know, we can do all that sort of stuff nowadays. So don't be shy. Definitely, definitely, definitely do not be shy. So those are shout outs that I just wanted to get to you. Got any for today?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: I have not been here that I think good. I have to run the bed m Jim side. No sounds good? All right, Well that's gonna do it for us. His name is Tim Duckworth, my name is Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: JA Express