Speaker 1: What if sanctuary wasn't just a place, but a way of living. Welcome to the Sanctuary Network, your weekly home for conversations that awaken the heart, heal the body, and inspire the spirit. I'm your host, Mary Ellen Poppick, the creator of Spirit Fest and the Natural Wellness expos. For two decades, I've been creating spaces, now creating a bold new broadcast from Mind, Body and Spirit, where seekers, healers, and teachers come together to share wisdom, laughter, and transformation. We've seen what happens when communities gather, people become enlivened. Now, through the Sanctuary Network, that same spirit is reaching you wherever you are in the world.
Speaker 2: Each week, we'll sit down with.
Speaker 1: Thought leaders, authors, and everyday visionaries. Will also shine a light on the grassroots voices of the Sanctuary marketplace, the healers, vendors, and practitioners who make this movement thrive.
Speaker 2: This isn't just another show.
Speaker 1: It's your sanctuary, a space to pause, reflect, and reconnect.
Speaker 2: With what matters most. So take a deep breath, open your heart and join me together. Let's step into the Sanctuary.
Speaker 1: From everyone, to the Sanctuary for Mind, Body, and Spirit. We have got some really strong women here tonight, and we are going to have some really interesting and fun conversation.
Speaker 2: The title of the show, and I'm just gonna.
Speaker 1: Say it we I edited it a little bit for the social media boss bitch like it's a bad thing. I take it as a compliment, and I thought I've heard it enough that it would be timely to have a conversation about whether it is a compliment or whether it's not. And we're going to discuss sort of where that term comes about, maybe look at some of the stigmas that are associated with that and why perhaps women are sometimes perceived differently than men in business. So I'd like to introduce before we get started, thank you ladies for being here. Our first guest, Mindy Dpietro.
Speaker 2: Did I say that right?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: She has helped establish experts turn fifteen years of lived expertise into a brand and business that's entirely their own. She's an expert on intellectual property, sovereign wealth, and building something that outlasted.
Speaker 2: Your current role.
Speaker 1: She is the CEO at Esthetic Treatment Centers in Naples, Florida, where she's led the development and execution of the SPA's business strategy and ever growing business.
Speaker 2: So you've got a lot to lend.
Speaker 1: It sounds like that you've got a lot of experience, so thank you very much for being here. And Susan Williams is an entrepreneur, business leader and owner of My Enchanted Path. Over the course of a thirty year career, so I'm pretty sure she started working when she was four or five. She has led teams ranging from five employees to more than six hundred and fifty, manage multimillion dollar operations, and built a reputation for driving results through accountability, adaptability, and a willingness to challenge conventional thinking.
Speaker 2: So thank you Susan for joining us as well.
Speaker 1: Mindy, I didn't note on your intro the management course that you present to people that is million dollar wealth?
Speaker 3: Was that what?
Speaker 5: It was? A million dollar brand accelerator? Yes, and I am no longer the owner of esthetic treatment Centers. Okay, that's how I got into helping other people build their businesses.
Speaker 2: Oh awesome. Well it's a good trajectory.
Speaker 1: So we we've talked a little bit about do you guys have any examples. I definitely have some where I feel like maybe I need to be a certain way, or I've been perceived in a way that maybe I didn't. Going along with the topics that we're talking about, Susan, do you have any examples over your career where you have been perceived not how you expected.
Speaker 6: I think there's two great examples I can give you, And the first one is I worked in a security industry for a long time, and that's physical security with armed security officers running security for music festivals, and it was far in few between to see women in a leadership position there, which is very male dominated. I just don't think they expect that I'd have a strong mind, I'd be outspoken and hold firm to safety and strategies throughout the event. So definitely in that space I was they didn't know what to expect from me. Yeah, we'll go with that.
Speaker 1: I remember you were sharing a story where they were surprised when they met you that.
Speaker 2: You're very analytical minded and.
Speaker 6: Oh sure, sure. Somebody was helping me at an event doing setup and I'm very processed, driven, very much ABC, very virgo, very very virgo, So my mind is sort of robotic, and that's what they said to me, They said they didn't expect that of me. That I thought in a very process driven, very robotic way, and I took a step back. I'm like, okay, so that's how they see me, and I'm inside a fluffy bunny full of rainbows and butterflies, but very process driven. So I'd kind of changed my approach a little bit so they didn't feel like, you know, they were working with like a block of ice.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that perceived how they communicated with you afterwards.
Speaker 6: That particular situation. I actually brought it up to them maybe a week later, and I said, you know, that comment that you shared with me that I was robotic, it kind of impacted me because I never want to be received as cold or you know, just you know, unconnected or not connected to the people that I'm working with. And they nicely actually reframed it as they appreciated it, so they liked the how I was direct and very clean with what I was saying.
Speaker 2: That Mindy, have you had any experiences like that?
Speaker 1: And then I'm also going to ask, when you're doing your coaching, does anything like this ever come up?
Speaker 3: It really does.
Speaker 5: And I am a manifesting generator in human design, which means I have done a lot of different things. They all kind of follow the same path, but I've worked with a lot of different kinds of people. I've worked with a lot of physicians, both male and female. And I started my career as a speech pathologist, and I realized when I got into the workforce in the school system that I was definitely the first generation, probably all of us are the first generation of women who really were starting to be perceived as equals in the workplace.
Speaker 3: So the women that I worked for were tough.
Speaker 5: They were really tough because they had to really fight their way through. I know, I had a principal who I loved, but she was so tough, and she just felt like she couldn't let her guard down because she needed to be perceived as as strong as the rest of the male administrators because they were by far mostly male at that time. Which is interesting because in the school system, most of the workforce is female, and at that time, most of the administration was male, so there was a big dichotomy there. And I came to Naples in nineteen eighty eight. I was young, I was a single mom, I had just gotten out of school, and so I had to learn to just deal with it and figure it out whenever I was presented with that, and I think it served me well to just kind of ignore it, because when I ignored it, I think there's a lot of power in feeling a little bit or being perceived a little underestimated. I think there's a lot of power in that because when you're underestimated, the expectations are low, so when you perform, it almost seems a little bit a little bit higher.
Speaker 3: Than it is.
Speaker 5: So that's how I worked with it early in my career, and I bumped up against it in a lot of management situations. I worked for a lot of business owners or really with because I helped them build medical spots, worked with physicians business owners, and the perception is, you know, whoever brings the money is the boss. It doesn't matter if they know or anything about the subject matter or they don't. And you know, when they weren't getting you know, when they weren't getting that agreement, they could.
Speaker 3: Be a little bit aggressive.
Speaker 5: But I really think you know, communication skills, Stay calm, stay in control, say what you need to say, kind of in that broken record kind of kind of voice, to say the same thing over and over in a in a calm tone, and in my experience it has seemed to really help with it. But you know, there are really always funny situations that come up, you know, in that I had, I had a man stand up in a meeting with his with his hands on the table and standing in front of me, and I was I was kind of surprised, so I just stood up and kept talking to him and the situation was neutralized. But you know, what are you going to do? You can't just sit there and let someone yell at you.
Speaker 2: Right, oh, right, right. You brought up an interesting word though, about being aggressive. I'm interested in.
Speaker 1: The perception about the difference between assertive and aggressive.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have any feelings about that, Susan?
Speaker 6: Yeah. For me, assertive is how I would be assertive, would be considering what needs to take place, what's the best measure, what needs to be communicated, and for the benefit of the vision or the goal. And being aggressive is not taking into consideration anybody else in the room, any other guidelines, any other factors, and just you know, inserting myself above all else.
Speaker 2: Maybe what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 3: I think that's really true.
Speaker 5: I mean, being assertive is having your convictions in the school system. That conviction was, you know, I don't work there anymore. I'm not good at bureaucracies. You know, I worked there about twelve years and I was gone. But being assertive to me was trying to get my students, who were usually pretty severe, the services they need. And you're basically fighting you know, federal guidelines, you're fighting state and you know school system guidelines. But you really want that child to get the services they need. So I felt like if I have if I'm coming from the right place and I have the right convictions and people understand my convictions, it doesn't My perceived wanting to get my way in the situation was always perceived as you know, doing the best thing for the child. So I mean, being aggressive is just demanding your way again. And you know you put it so well, Susan not taking anyone else into consideration and just getting your way. And as as a boss owning my own business is this has definitely been an area for growth for me.
Speaker 3: You know, because where's the line.
Speaker 5: Time there was a situation like that, it was almost always about boundaries, right, It was about me not setting the proper boundary, me not holding the proper boundary. And me sometimes being too busy to stop and explain to the employee. And in this case, I don't think it matters if it's women or men. I mean, I think women can be just as as have a perception about the gender of their boss.
Speaker 3: Right at times.
Speaker 5: So it was it was really about me not holding the proper boundary, not taking the time to say something correctly, and that's how those misunderstandings came in. And I'm sure I heard the B word whispered not so quietly under people's breath many times. But you know, you know, you live and learn and you go through iterations of your businesses and try not to take it personally right.
Speaker 2: The first time that I heard the term was on TEO.
Speaker 1: Have you ever watched it, Susan, I don't think you have.
Speaker 6: I've watched all of it. It was fantastic.
Speaker 2: You watched Ted Lasso.
Speaker 1: I love Rebecca and that when that little girl calls her out like that, I.
Speaker 2: Just it's just she's just so it's just such a powerhouse and I just love her.
Speaker 1: Highly recommend but uh, we we talked about times where have we been perceived differently? And I manage I run the company. Sorry, I run the business, and then also I have to run the shows, and in running the business, I do my best to be patient and really, you know, one on one, really explained things to people.
Speaker 2: I'm very also very cut and dry, but at the shows a.
Speaker 1: Lot of times I feel like I'm not really taken seriously. And I wonder if I was a man, if people would when I say some things, if I would be perceived differently that Sometimes I feel like when I say this is how it needs to be, it's more of a suggestion than a direction, and I feel like that's when I might get more aggressive, is when I don't feel like people are listening, because I don't feel like if I if I do it any other way that they're going to listen, that they're going to take me seriously. And these are about things like about space or safety things or things like that. So I also kind of try to find that balance a little bit, Mary Ellen.
Speaker 6: There's also the effect that you have on the vendors of like when you go to their booths to say hello, and they're like, am I in trouble? So they know that you're a person of authority. They absolutely do. It's just maybe it's the thing that you're addressing that gives them the idea. Oh no, I don't I can do it over there at that event. So here, I'm not going to listen to Mary Ellen. She's just whatever. She's only the show on her whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh and We've got so many stories to tell to about the things people try and do. But that would be an example about, you know, when I maybe become a little bit more forward than I feel like that I want to be. And I don't know, because there's a lot of men that are warm and fuzzy too, Like there are men owners that would go around and talk to people at the booths or things like that. So you know, part of that is just again the stigma of that. So one of the things, Mindy, that we talked about before the show was about the hidden cost.
Speaker 2: Of dimming your voice.
Speaker 1: So can you speak to with women about would you call it being assertive or would you just call it using your voice or what do you really how do you explain that?
Speaker 5: You know, I would just call it being doing their job right to the best of their ability and not letting other people's perceptions interfere with that. And you know, I work in my business coaching a lot with Human Design and the Voice Center.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be doing a course on your voice by Design.
Speaker 5: So because everyone is meant to communicate in a different way, and if you're trying to force yourself to communicate in a way that's unnatural to you, it can come off as either insecure, it can come off as unsure of your subject matter, and it can come off sometimes either too soft or too hard, you know, too aggressive or whatever it is. But I do think that the cost of that, it costs them visibility. You know, if you're if you don't speak up in a meeting, it costs you visibility. It changes your income, it changes your ability to be promoted, it changes.
Speaker 3: The perception of your co workers.
Speaker 5: So if you let that creep in, and if you let that and I think if there are any people out there, but particularly women, if there are any women out there who are having trouble finding that balance, it's so important to do it, and it's important to do it early because it really will affect your income over time.
Speaker 1: The leadership traits to I feel like, do you feel like that there's the same standard for women that there are for men.
Speaker 5: Either of you thought the standards different in a lot of ways. You know, the standards different in how you should dress, the standards different in how you should think. And I think that tone of voice when women.
Speaker 3: Get stressed, their pitch goes up.
Speaker 5: And people stop listening to you and all of us here kind of work with energetics in one way or another. Right, So, learning to control your HRV or understand your heart rate variability can help with that. If you're having trouble and being confident in the workplace takes practice. It's a skill, it's not something. It's not a personality trait. So you can practice that skill and just practicing speaking up when you don't feel like it sometimes, and practice practicing being you know, insisting that you're in the right room, insisting that you're part of the decision making process. All of these things are are really important, and you know, little by little you develop that confidence.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've always said, you can say something people don't want to hear and say it nice because.
Speaker 5: It's just it's just business, right, But it can also come off as too nice. Yes, If it comes off as too nice, you also might not be taken really seriously, right, Yeah, So so you have to find that balance and it's really practice finding that balance, and I do so encourage anybody who's in the workplace. If you if you I feel like there's a little balance of power, you're working with people who are more experienced than you, older than you, more assertive than you, then you seek help with that. I help with that. I'm sure a bunch of other coaches help with it. Because if you can get that down early on, and if you can make what you say match how you feel, people respect you more.
Speaker 2: Susan, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 6: I just wanted to share a story that when I spoke up about a challenge. I was working in a reasonably well known catering food company and it was holiday prep and I was in the weeds. I was behind. I needed help. It was my first holiday season with this company and I wasn't sure how to troubleshoot my way out of what was going on. So my district manager calls to check in. I said, Hey, this is what's happening, and I'm behind on my production. I've got to get to this number, this is where I'm going, and I'm just having challenges, and he said a few things, shared some tips. I worked my booty off to try to make changes. Hour hour and a half later, he shows up and he said, Susan, you didn't tell me how bad it was. And I said, I told you I was having trouble. I told you that my numbers weren't hitting the goals that I needed to fulfill what I needed for the for the day and for the weekend. He's like, yeah, but you weren't freaking out. And I'm like, I needed to freak out, Like what do you mean I needed to freak out? Like I wasn't yelling, I wasn't raising my voice, I wasn't failing. I wasn't I don't know. I wasn't presenting myself in an hysterical manner that I guess he expected from his female general manager.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I.
Speaker 6: Presented the issues. I told him my numbers, and I was just taken aback and I was like, I don't. I don't react like that. I'm very calm under pressure. I work very well in that space. So I was I was, just like I said, I was just very that I needed to freak out for him to hear me.
Speaker 2: So I'm wondering how many mail managers freak out.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Dude, are out in different ways.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's what I was thinking, because I've worked with men before, and usually the more stressful it.
Speaker 2: Gets, the more for letter words get dropped.
Speaker 1: Quite easily as a matter of fact, too, So I'm not sure really what what would consider freaking out, but that's when I would get more loud and just more to the point, was just you know, as we're as things are getting more serious.
Speaker 2: That's just my way of doing that, I guess.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if men would come across more scary or more authoritative or what really the difference would be. But we all have our different management styles. We are you gonna say, Susan, And.
Speaker 6: I think that's just it. I think it's it's not necessarily here a gendered response. It's about your management style. Well, because I've worked for probably equal number women and men, and the women tend to I mean, I've seen them get loud and get crazy just like i've seen men. The men were a little like you said, use more colorful language, and the women kind of like buckle down and focus. Okay, what are we doing here, let's figure it out. But about equal on each side, right right, do.
Speaker 1: You guys have any examples of managers that you've had that were either really good or really not good. I am thinking of some of the when I worked at Disney, when I very first started, I worked in more of a corporate type situation, and I remember there was some female managers that were not warm and fuzzy at all, and they were actually really scary. And I'm trying to think of some men that were that way, and I really can't, interestingly enough. So again, I think it might be about perception. But mindy, have you had managers that you've either really looked up to or that you really did.
Speaker 2: Not ever want to be?
Speaker 5: Like, well, you know, since my career has taken, you know, not a really super linear path, I've had different managers and in different industries they are very different. So you know, physicians when they are managing you are often very short and curt right, and that just comes from there. They're in the operating room. They have a more scientific mind. They have the perception that they're responsible for everything, you know, so they'll kind of bark in order and move on.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh wait a second, I need a little more information of that.
Speaker 5: And you know, I've had most of the people who have managed me, I have liked, you know, I've liked traits that they've had or traits that they haven't had. And I think there's the biggest difference was in their reactiveness to situations. So, you know, I've had female and male managers who are like super reactive, and I can't say that I didn't act like that at times when I was when I was managing, being reactive to a situation, especially in like the health and wellness industry, when something's when something's going on has to be fixed right away, so everything is just out of your mind and you're just focused on that problem right right, And so I do, you know, I did really appreciate those those managers that I had that were more steady, you know, and they just had it. They just had a demeanor that was a little more even even killed. And I do think, you know, sometimes men are perceived that way more than women because we're emotional, we're caretakers, were you know, when an employee could be driving us crazy and we're telling them the same thing that ten thousandth time, we're still trying to.
Speaker 3: Explain it, and we're still trying to.
Speaker 5: You know, help them and I do have a lot of friends in business who are CEOs and that kind of thing, and the one says, Mindy higher, slower, fire faster, and that's just that's just me not keeping a boundary, right. I explained a million times over and over to the same employees to the point that I drove myself crazy, right, and that that wasn't the best way for me to be a manager and take into account or a founder or a CEO, whatever I was at the moment, and to take into account what was happening and how the problem got solved.
Speaker 1: We've got just a few minutes still break, So Susan, when we come back, I'm going to ask you to talk about your most and your least favorite managers that you've had over the years.
Speaker 2: But first of all, tell us where people can find you. Susan.
Speaker 6: I can be found at my enchantedpath dot com, where I make charming items for an enchanted life.
Speaker 1: You'll find her at Spiritfest also, and you can find a full list list of our Spiritfest shows at SPIRITFESTUSA dot com.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, and Mindy work is the best place for people to find you.
Speaker 5: They can fund me on Instagram at a million dollar brand accelerator and they can finance upstack right now.
Speaker 3: I love and substack on Substack.
Speaker 1: Yes, And if you are on the Transformation Network, both of our ladies have guest profiles on there and you can find their websites and all of their links as well.
Speaker 2: So all right, well, we will be right back after just a few breaks.
Speaker 7: Thanks everybody for sticking with us.
Speaker 6: Hi. I'm Susan from my Enchanted Path, where I create divinely guided candles and tension oil, soaps and north that make spiritual practice simple, no complicated rituals. The names may be playful, but every product is serious about helping you shift your energy. All fragrances are clean and safe, free from major toxins no one wants in their home or on their skin. With a five star rating and over one hundred thousand customers, my Enchantedpath dot com is a trusted source for charming items for an enchanted.
Speaker 4: Life experience, the healing magic of the humalayers have been singing. Both classes and sessions are available at copli Inposts, which is located at downtown Saint Petersburg, Florida.
Speaker 6: Florida has a great new option for healthy living.
Speaker 1: Our natural health expos were hit last year, so twenty twenty six brings more events around Florida. This special event offers health and wellness opportunities for people and pets, high quality experts.
Speaker 2: And well being, healing, anti aging, and natural living.
Speaker 1: Plus you'll find speakers, demonstrations, and much more. All details, lists of locations, and discounted admission can be found at naturalwellnessxpo dot com. Join us for Spiritfest coming soon to a city near you. Spiritfest is a metaphysical, holistic and crystal expo featuring an amazing array of vendors, speakers, authors, artists, christs, healers, psychic readers.
Speaker 3: And more.
Speaker 1: Spiritfest is your chance to explore and connect with others of like mind. Get all details, including our upcoming locations up and down the East Coast, also discounted admission and more at SPIRITFESTUSA dot com. Our next event is January tenth and eleventh, with special guests and special presentations including Psychic Explorer, medium Mark Anthony and also historical researcher Explore and author Jim Vieira. More details are coming to our website soon and we look forward to seeing you at Spiritfest in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Sanctuary from mind, body, and spirit. Everyone.
Speaker 1: We are having a discussion today about being a boss bitch, like it's a bad thing. As we know, women are sometimes perceived a little bit differently than men in business. Sometimes when women are strong and dominant, they're often perceived as intimidating or cold. When men display the same qualities, sometimes they're perceived as shrewd or driven business men. So we're discussing the different perceptions and how we want to be perceived in business as women. So I'm here with Mindy d Pietro and Susan Williams, and we were talking about management styles. So Susan and your experience when you've been working for other people, what are some management role models that you might have had that.
Speaker 2: You either did not want to be like or that you did want to be like.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Sure, So there are a few that really stand out in my mind. And one of the first female she wasn't a boss, but she was like we were peers, but kind of different divisions. She had a way of seeing people, understanding what they brought to the table, what they were capable of. It's like she really understood them. And I remember one day, I said to her, I said, I really wish that I could hone that skill that you have. Over the years, I learned that leading with my intuition and really listening and my natural intuition kind of helped me with that. But just watching her take like a motley crew of staff and achieve such great things really blew my mind. Later in my career, there was a woman that I worked with. She was in the vice president capacity. She was cold and calculated. She gave you very little information. She was one of the She was very tough to work with because I don't need to be managed or talked to in a light, soft, cuddled kind of way, but I need a little bit more information than do this thing by this deadline or that's you know, you're out, very hard kind of way of communicating. And it it just shattered a lot of the ranks. There was a lot of people that fell out because her management styleist wasn't great. There was another gentleman that I worked with that it was so warm, such a great family man. He really connected to the end visuals made everybody feel like they were also part of the family, like part of his family. But I was surprised and what ultimately led me to leave the company was that's not who he was behind the scenes. And me in that company, I was in a human resources role and I had to enforce the company policies. It made it very uncomfortable for me to have to do things on behalf of the company that were morally ethically wrong. They just it just felt so uncomfortable, like We're going to promote this person for this criteria and fire this person on the same criteria, and I could not It could not work in that space. I learned a lot, was very appreciative of him, But ultimately the first person that I mentioned really helped me develop the ability to look at this person, see them, and understand them. Those three people really stand out to me. Then I had somebody that was another peer that she was brutally honest. She was the sweetest thing, kind of abrasive, but people loved her like she would get the job done and I would just.
Speaker 2: Mean, you don't need to talk about me like this. I'm sitting righty.
Speaker 6: Yes, she was just the greatest person to work with and people didn't get her, but I got her, and I'm forever grateful that I was able to see just how she worked with the customers and employees and getting things done.
Speaker 1: Something that occurred to me when we're talking about how you were learning to kind of analyze people's skills weaknesses. For what you're talking about the role that intuition plays with women in leadership. I believe men have really good intuition too, they have good perception, but women really have a refined sense of intuition.
Speaker 2: So how does intuition, Mandy, play with how you lead?
Speaker 5: I think intuition is super important, and whenever I've gotten into trouble, it's usually because I have just overridden my own intuition, right, So, I think training yourself to pay attention to those gut feelings or whatever it happens to be training yourself to when you don't feel you're making the right decision or you're not sure, sleep on it. You know, don't be forced into making that decision right away. And I think when we get to the point where we are leaders in whatever industry it is, then we need to help develop the intuitive skills, the intuitive business skills of our new people and the people who are coming up and think it's those skills aren't rewarded in the workplace. M hm, And I think we need to we need to reward that. In the health and wellness business, we probably do prioritize prioritize that a little bit higher than in other kinds of businesses. And I think that's a leadership skill we all need to pay attention to.
Speaker 1: Susan, you one of the things that you sell in your business basically is ways for people to be more intuitive and sort of use that the sixth sense things. But how how so talk about not just your corporate experience, but how you use that in your business now?
Speaker 6: Oh, how I use it in my business now? So that's hard for me to say without I'm reading it people all day long when I'm working with them as customers. When somebody asks me for a product for a certain symptom, right, my third eye is blocked, i'd have my intuition is not on my my my throat chakra is blocked. I just can't find the words. So there's usually a secondary there's something behind the scenes that's blocking that. Is it fear? Is it is it courage that you're that you really have to work on? Is at the root of it? So I just asked the question behind the question. I read a book by that title a million years ago and it just kind of stuck with me. But I asked questions and I to find out really the root cause intuitively, I just go through the feel of things. I'll tell you a business based intuition, intuitive judgment that I made. This Back in the corporate space, there was one of the business owners a major clothing brand. The business owner was doing a tour of stores and he asked my decision on why I did I was a visual merchandising brand management. Why I made some decisions the way that I did? And I said, well, he asked me, why is your best seller way back there? And I said, because then all the people have to walk by it all these other things to get to what we know they're going to buy anyway, why you're going to put it on the front table so they could pick up that thing and leave. And he appreciated that it was an intuitive movement. I'm sure there's retail management strategies out there that say that, but at the time, which was about twenty years ago, I didn't know of that. But it was an intuitive move.
Speaker 1: Mindy, you do a lot of work with the e Women's Network down in southwest Florida. Do you think that, But because you work with a lot of women, do you think women are inherently more intuitive than men?
Speaker 5: I would say women are more likely to listen to their intuition. And you know from my speech pathology days, the brain, the hemispheres of the brain and women are more connected. So the connective tissue in the middle, which is called the corpus closum, is thicker in women. So we are much more easily working between the halves of our brain than men are. So there is some biology to that. And I also think women, you know, I learned to follow my intuition from my grandmother's and I don't think that my brothers were necessarily taught to look at things in the same way. And so I think there's a lot e women network is very special because there are a lot of special women in there. They already arrive with qualities that are I think that have helped them advance in their careers. So they come with knowing themselves a little more, and they come with being open to meeting other people more. So. I really feel when I left my business, I was just it was I was kind of overraight. It was after COVID. I'm not as young as I used to be. I don't want that kind of liability of owning that a medical business anymore, and I decided to go out on my own. It was super lonely now. I sat at my computer. I learned my craft here like it was a master's degree, and I have as many hours at least into it. So I was really lonely because I was working and I didn't even know I was lonely. But when I met these people at e Women Network and I started talking to Laney, I'm like I was. I was getting dressed up to go to the meeting and I was telling my fans that I.
Speaker 3: Know, I'm just going to meet friends there. I'm back in I'm.
Speaker 5: Back in this like environment where there are supportive women.
Speaker 3: So I really do love that.
Speaker 5: Again, they're super special, and I think they are a little bit more intuitive.
Speaker 1: And that's I'm glad you were at Spirit Fast Fort Myers the last week because it's it's very much like a supportive family there too, whether you are just starting, but people are just willing to help each other and their true community, and that is something that's really great men women.
Speaker 2: And we talked about.
Speaker 1: You know, our men, I feel like are more analytical. You know, women I say emotional, and I just mean maybe more intuitive that maybe they just go more with the right side of the brain. But that's why I feel like men and women work really well together because you know, we all have our different weaknesses and strengths, so, you know, and as a whole, I just think there's no right or wrong way to do anything. But that's what's interesting is it's maybe other people's perception of management styles are about you know, why a strong woman or a successful woman in business, Oh, she must have done this and this and this to be able to get there, instead of no, maybe she's really brilliant and she works really hard. So at Spirrifest, we have a lot of different vendors, I'll say, and they've all created their own businesses at some point, and we've seen people do fundraisers to be able to afford their first booth and that I love watching the trajectory, you know, of how they've gotten to where they are.
Speaker 2: And I'm wondering if you.
Speaker 1: Guys have noticed and again based on your experience with what you're doing right now and then also your experience back with.
Speaker 2: The corporate world. Do you see anything.
Speaker 1: With the different ages of people, the different generations. You know, some of the people that are now in their early twenties that are working, that are making their own businesses, are getting into leadership skills compared to people of a certain age, which you know. I grew up at a time where women did not earn. I say grew up I was young, but I.
Speaker 2: Women did not earn the same as men.
Speaker 1: Women still wore girdles when I was, you know, able to form it for my perceptions about things. So I'm interested to know what you guys are thinking about that.
Speaker 2: So Susan, let's start with you.
Speaker 6: So I've been out of I haven't had a staff of my own and since COVID since since twenty twenty, which has been great. So I've been solo, just me, not having to deal with managing people and learning new style. But what I what I did experience just before I left the corporate space was the work ethic was very different across the board with the younger group. Like when I was twenty twenty two, twenty three, twenty five, I worked, I paid attention in class, like I did what the boss needed. I did not call out. You know, I showed up, I worked, and it seemed like now it's just there's so many jobs and there's so many opportunities, and they just it's very entrepreneurial, which is great. They're going to go run their own business, they're going to go do hair, they're gonna whatever they want to do. But there's there's definitely not a corporate loyalty mindset anymore. There is no that I can see a career mindset over the years. Yeah, I've definitely seen a difference in just older I've gotten the less dependable that sounds bad that people can be, the less you know, driven they are to do what's right. And I'll say, I remember one time I said to somebody, you know, well you asked all these favors of your boss, and they did what you needed. And they were it was the fortieth age range. And then the boss came to them and said, hey, you know, I need a favor from you in returning like no, I don't want to do it, no, but no, It just it just blew my mind how much they you know, the mindset shifted from you know, as a team, let's do things.
Speaker 2: There was a thing it was.
Speaker 1: I first heard of it not long after the pandemic, but called silent quitting, where basically you would go to work but you just wouldn't do.
Speaker 2: Anything and you were just quiet, pitting quiet. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: But I've also noticed that what offends people or what they feel. There was a movie recently about it, and I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it, but it was people sitting around talking about the worst thing they ever did, and two of them did some really bad things, but they got into a disagreement about which was worse, and the whole point of the movie was just that dialogue about what is important to people now.
Speaker 2: So mindy have you?
Speaker 1: Are you noticing anything when you're working with younger people differences and what they think is important or how they run their businesses.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 5: I think there's a lot of there's a lot of social pressure and things that aren't necessarily true that are being fed to, you know, the youngest generation that's coming out of college now, and that you'll never be able to afford a house, You're never going to you know, your parents bought a house for seventy thousand dollars, blah blah, blah, right, but you know that is true. But our salaries were also very low, and we scrimped and saved when we bought our house. We grimped and saved to buy our house. And when we scrimped and saved after we weren't eating dinners that we weren't doing things, our lifestyle had to change to be able to afford the house.
Speaker 3: And then you know, once you're in.
Speaker 5: The housing market, you can you can move up. And so I don't think that I don't think that's being shared enough. There's just a lot of social pressure to say you're never going to make it, so wide try. But on the other hand, I've always worked in very personal service businesses, so I always did have a lot of young people coming up, so in the aesthetic world and all of that, and there are some really great ones out there that are so excited about about their business, and in those kind of businesses, they get more one on one time with you know, me or whoever is you know working with them at the time, and so I think that helps they get a lot of attention.
Speaker 3: But of course there are.
Speaker 5: Some that just aren't you know, they're just not going to work out, and their mindset is not right.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you guys, but I.
Speaker 5: Grew up in you know, in my career in the nineties, and this is like hustle culture. Hustle, hustle, hustle, you know you're going to And I always kind of made a joke of it, saying, well, I'm working weekends, but it's a short term sacrifice for a long term gain.
Speaker 3: And I think that.
Speaker 5: It's not necessarily a bad thing that these younger people don't want to work all all the time, like maybe their parents me included, did you know, So I worked from home a lot, and so my children were with me, but they saw me, they saw me really hustle. M h. And maybe they don't want to do it. Although my kids are they're you know, they're workers.
Speaker 1: I also noticed after the pandemic that there was a lot of people that quit their full time gig and then started working several smaller jobs. And that was when I think a lot of people came up with their own businesses and their own way to be able to do what they love. They say, when you do what you love, you don't work a day in your life. And I think that that has been a shift definitely with both men and women, seeing more people be.
Speaker 2: Able to follow their joy so to speak to you know, their passion.
Speaker 1: But one of the things that we always like to reinforce at Spiritfest is that it's not always about dollars and cents. It's not you know, don't look at what you earned or your profit at the end of the weekend, because a lot.
Speaker 2: Of times it's connections.
Speaker 1: It's new people that you've met, the networking like you do with the with the E Women's Network. And then Susan, you did a fantastic business during the pandemic? Do I remember that correctly?
Speaker 6: Yes? I did.
Speaker 2: When did that start? Was it actually during the shutdown? Or when did notice the upsurd?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 6: So I opened my online business, my website and NATSI shop twenty seventeen, so slowly building s flolly, creating products, building momentum. But it was, you know, just actually just before the pandemic, and then it just skyrocketed. I seven times over. My business increased and it didn't taper for a good sixteen months after that. And it was for me that was tremendous. I could not believe the success that I have. I was just strategically positioned at a time when the world needed a spiritual hub. I had a product or products that people found relevant, that they that they appreciated. So I, my little Etsy was going to chang to ching to change change like many many times a day, and I was so so, so so blessed. Yeah, it's sixteen months. It just kept going. I could not believe it. So now we're still at a good business pace because I've picked up wholesale opportunities and just more marketing, so it's it's still good. But the pandemic, I just could not believe it. Like I never I'd never had downtime during the pandemic where people was I was. I say this, I was blessed. I was so so blessed with that. But I didn't have that staring at walls for weeks on end board.
Speaker 2: I didn't have that.
Speaker 6: Didn't have that opportunity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what I say.
Speaker 1: Like at Fort Myers it was so unexpectedly busy. There was some vendors that nearly ran out of inventory the first day, and I said, well, sorry, you're so busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so mindy.
Speaker 1: It was the pandemic also the catalyst for you to leave the where the business that you owned, or tell us more more specifically about your how you segued out of owning your salon to doing what you do now.
Speaker 5: I think that the pandemic was it. You know, it showed some flaws in the liability of that business. Right.
Speaker 8: We actually we actually did decently well, but the employees didn't come back when they could come back, and so, you know, revenue did not come.
Speaker 5: Back in the same way because the employees were still getting COVID money. And the way they looked at it is well, when that runs out, I can get a job as an esthetician at another med spot.
Speaker 3: I don't have to come back here. So, you know, it did.
Speaker 5: It did expose some flaws in what could happen. And you know, people who are in business for ourselves, it's because we it's because we love it and we're driven to do that. It's not always because because the margins are great in a in a particular business, and the men's business is expensive to you know, brings in a lot of revenue, but does not generate a lot of income or as much as you would think it would. So it was time for me to take that, you know, it was time for me to move on from that, But I do want to just take a second to say about Spiritfest. I had the opportunity to be there, and I believe it was the Saturday, and how fascinating it was, and what a great job you did. Everything was so orderly and organized, and I was just looking at it of like, what an amazing business incubator. This is, like giving people this opportunity to make this to make money from their businesses. And to have all of those clients coming in, all of those potential clients who were super friendly, super happy to be there.
Speaker 3: It was a.
Speaker 5: Great atmosphere and I I just loved it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm so glad. I'm so glad that you were there and that we were able to connect in that way too. But I always tell the vendors, they don't the people don't come to see me.
Speaker 2: They come to see you guys, and.
Speaker 1: You know what all you guys have to offer, because it's just great. We have great vendors, practitioners and the people that do the different things like the e Women's Network. Not everybody's heard of it, so it's just a great way to, you know, let people experience it and talk to people like you. You know that are involved with all of that. So we're almost time to go to break again. So if you Susan, tell us again the name of your website and where to find you.
Speaker 6: My Enchanted Path, or you can find me on at c look for shop Myenchantedpath dot etc. Dot Shop Charming Items for an Enchanted Life.
Speaker 1: And you can find Susan at all of our Spiritfest events. The list is on our website Spiritfestusa dot com. And mindy, where can we find you?
Speaker 5: You can find me at million Dollar Brand Accelerator on Instagram. But I do have a coupon for people to have a complimentary consultation if they want. It's usually two hundred and ninety seven dollars. So if your viewers want that, maybe we can put it in the show notes. My little adorable assistant just made a QR code for it.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Yes, yeah, let's plan on that.
Speaker 1: We will put it on our social media sites. And then also if people they can comment on the show or even call in. You can speak to the ladies or you can actually speak to our producer if you've got a question or.
Speaker 2: A comment too.
Speaker 1: So if anybody would like that right now and doesn't want to wait, you can message us on either Facebook or through the Transformation Network site. So the million dollar brand accelerators on Instagram, you said, yes, okay, And then.
Speaker 2: You've also got a page on substack.
Speaker 5: Do It's called the IP files the ID like intellectual property, and all can find it under my name.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, And then we're also connected on social media. I'm connected to all of the ladies on our social media posts, and then you can usually find them on Facebook and Instagram as well. So we're going to head into a few more breaks, and then we're going to be back for a last segment with more interesting conversation.
Speaker 6: Hi. I'm Susan from my Enchanted Path, where I create divinely guided candles and tension oil, soaps and more that make spiritual practice simple, no complicated rituals. The names may be playful, but every product is serious about helping you shift your energy.
Speaker 2: All fragrances are.
Speaker 6: Clean and safe, free from major toxins no one wants in their home or on their skin. With a five star rating and over one hundred thousand customers, my Enchantedpath dot com is a trusted source for charming items for an enchanted life experience.
Speaker 4: The healing, Magic of the Human Layers, Tibidden singing. Both classes and sessions are available at Copali Inputs, which is located at downtown Saint Petersburg, Florida.
Speaker 2: Florida has a great new option for healthy living.
Speaker 1: Our natural health expos were hit last year, so twenty twenty six brings more events around Florida.
Speaker 6: This special event.
Speaker 1: Offers health and wellness opportunities for people and pets, high quality experts and well being, healing, anti aging and natural living. Plus you'll find speakers, demonstrations and much more. All details, lists of locations, and discounted admission can be found at Natural Wellnessexpo dot com. Join us for Spiritfest, coming soon to a city near you. Spiritfest is a metaphysical, holistic and crystal expo featuring an amazing array of vendors, speakers, authors, artists, crystals, healers, psychic readers.
Speaker 3: And more.
Speaker 1: Spiritfest is your chance to explore and connect with others of like mind. Get all details, including our upcoming locations up and down the East Coast, also discounted admission and more at SPIRITFESTUSA dot com. Our next event is January tenth and eleventh, with special guests and special presentations including Psychic Explorer, medium Mark Anthony and also historical researcher Explore and author Jim Vieira. More details are coming to our website soon and we look forward to seeing you at Spirit Fusted twenty twenty six. Welcome back to the Sanctuary from Mind, Body, and Spirit. We are having some really great conversation conversation with some boss bitches here. We all are very strong women who have created our own businesses, and we're discussing is it a compliment or not when we're called the boss bitch. I think it's a big compliment.
Speaker 2: And we're talking about how sometimes women are perceived a little bit differently than men business.
Speaker 1: But we've got an interesting thing that I'm noticing is because Mindy helps people with her million dollar brand accelerator, and she does a lot of mainstream businesses, but a lot.
Speaker 2: Of times you're using intuition.
Speaker 1: And you're using a lot of the body, mind spirit principles that we use with Spiritfest to do that as well. And saying with Susan, that's literally your business is helping people use their intuition, you know, in sixth sense kind of ways to be able to make their lives better as well. So I think that that kind of sets us apart from the corporate world. But we've all come from the corporate world. We've all worked for different people and had different experiences which shaped us into the people that we are now. And we've seen how the perception sometimes between men and women, or even the expectations can be a little bit different, and about you know that we might not be perceived exactly how we had intended in the past.
Speaker 2: So one of the things that I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Talk about is asking for help and support in your business.
Speaker 2: And so it might not just be hey, can you help.
Speaker 1: Me lift this, which is sometimes literal and sometimes not. But do you think that that's the same for men or for women? Also, what do you think, mindy?
Speaker 5: I think often women are concerned about asking for help or support because they're concerned about looking weak. I have worked in primarily male businesses, primarily female businesses, and then businesses that are a mix of both, and I think in the businesses that are primarily female. I left speech pathology when my daughter was young. She was sick and it happened pretty abruptly and I needed to replace my income, so I went to mary Kay Medics ended up driving a pink Cadillac, and honestly, I would not have I would not know anything about business if it wasn't for Mary Kay. Because we were all independent and the assistance that you could get, the knowledge people would freely share, like there was no We were all dependent on each other in that company, and so there was really no.
Speaker 3: Friction.
Speaker 5: We all wanted each other's units to you know, we share the units. They could go to meetings anywhere. We wanted everyone to succeed.
Speaker 3: It was. It was a whole.
Speaker 5: Different story then sometimes male dominated places where where everyone has a job, it's very specific, it's not as cooperative. I do think women can work in that, but most women cannot adapt.
Speaker 3: To you try to.
Speaker 5: If they try to get out of their feminine energy, they are lost in that situation, right because you can't You can't compete with all that male energy. And I think it becomes an advantage then when you can stay in your feminine energy, still have the same skills, but still have some communication skills that are a little bit different. I think then that becomes a superpower. In fact, the Kathy Ireland Show, I've been on it twice, and the second time, they asked me to do a show of how you made it in a male dominated world, and I said, please, I don't want to do that because I really I think sometimes it's actually an unfair advantage to be a women in a male dominated situation because you just bring a calmer energy to that situation usually.
Speaker 1: Right, Mary Kay is the front runner in teaching about women about sales and about how to be strong in business. And I remember reading the literature.
Speaker 2: I did it. I did it because it's a great product. First of all, it still is.
Speaker 1: But she talked about putting on panty hose and always making sure that you had polish on your nails, and all of those things to set yourself ahead, you know, to set yourself apart from men.
Speaker 2: And you know, always look your best. But she grew up in that same era where.
Speaker 1: We had to work that much harder just to be able to, you know, be perceived in the same way as men. So if anybody is looking for good sales techniques, I definitely encourage people to check out Mary Kay.
Speaker 3: She has her biography. That's great.
Speaker 1: What was her last name, ash Mary Kaykh that's right, but yeah, no, no, she she was really awesome. So uh, now that I've gotten off to Mary Kay, I forgot what the original question was.
Speaker 2: We were talking about what I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Women and women in men's businesses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, Susan, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 6: So? I remember when I was a branch manager for a security company in Florida and my vice president was, Susan, what kind of resources can we give you? What do you need? IM like, I'm out here on an island. I'm fine, I don't really need anything. But when I did need something, I would I would go and I'd ask, and I knew who to ask because there were some of the male of the men in the leadership positions that weren't going to be forthcoming with sharing how I could be successful as a leader in the security industry, Like how do I prep an event? How do I do this? How do I access? You know, I need to build my sales. I got a close convention sales. There were some of them that were going to be helpful and others. And this isn't necessarily a male versus a female aspect. I just know that it's really an individual Some people will help you and some people won't beuse they want a gatekeep, and they don't want to come together and bring the team up. So but I mean, I've never been shy to ask for help, even though if I'm not screaming hysterically like the one boss thought it should sound like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I, when working from other people, never minded asking for help because I wanted to learn new things. You know, if there was something that I didn't understand. There was this program called SAP, and it would be something that like a giant conglomeration would use for all of their human resources to pay their bills, to pay their taxes.
Speaker 2: And it is so not user friendly.
Speaker 1: I used to say it stood for slow and painful, and truly it's a great thing, just but when you only use it for one or two things, it was a lot to learn and it could be very overwhelming. So I just decided that when things like that came up, I would just make friends with it. I would ask for the manual. Don't just show me how to do that one thing. I would want the whole overview of things like that. So I never was afraid to ask for help. And if I was falling behind or something, whether it was you know, due to my own fault or not I would just let people know.
Speaker 2: That was the very least and I you know, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Really feel too bad about it, you know, I would rather have help have people know I guess where I stood there. So and again going back to communities that we're building through the e Women's Network through Spiritfest, that is one of the good things that I know, Susan.
Speaker 2: We were talking about how beautiful your booth is.
Speaker 1: You have got some of the most clever ideas and design in your booth, and you freely share when people talk about your booth and things like that, you'll you know, help people, and that's the way that it should be, is building community like that. So that's another thing that's really I think special about being a boss bitch is being able to help people. And you know, I don't know if you'd call that leadership or not, but it's just being supportive. And that's what we're here for really, is to help each other. So let's see, let's talk about standards. What we have certain standards with our business, and how can we make sure that people meet our standards without coming across in a way that might be perceived as overly lenient or without being too assertive.
Speaker 3: Mindy, let's start with you. That's a really hard one.
Speaker 5: And as I said, it hasn't always been my best skill, but over the years, when when you know, you have to diagnose the problem, So does the person not understand? Do they truly not understand? Do they not care? Is it out of their is it out of their knowledge base. I've been working a lot with VAS in the Philippines and it's it's really a good education for me because one of the things that they say, and I'm helping I'm helping my VA start a VA agency, but one of the things that they're taught to say is noted. And if an employee says to you, noted, you know that sounds rude, right, But so it's those communication skills and it you know, it's setting expectations and it's creating boundaries, and then it's following through.
Speaker 3: And you know that follow through part. There's the coaching.
Speaker 5: Part where you do try to be really supportive, and then there's the you know, the part where the rubber is hitting the road. You know, we need to master this skill, especially in health and wellness because you're you know, I'm trusting my employees behind closed doors with hot things and sharp things, so you know, I need to know that they are holding that standard for the business right. And it's very hard, it's very hard to get that exact right tone. And I think we stumble through it. I mean, if we're being honest, we stumble through it. And it really has to do with has to do with us in our development of our leadership skills, and it has something totally different to the way the person perceives it. So it really is trial and error. I think you just have to learn best practices. You have to learn from your mistakes, and you're not going to win them all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do use that term noted because given the circumstances, if you say okay, sometimes that signifies agreement, and sometimes it doesn't require an agreement, but sometimes that might be the perception.
Speaker 2: So when I.
Speaker 1: Have a communication, if there's a misunderstanding, I try to look at what I could have done to do different, I guess, and that would be to say that something like that, And I admit sometimes it doesn't cross come across very analytical, but you know, just.
Speaker 2: Just a way so okay, so and I did it again. Where were we, Susan.
Speaker 6: When you had when you were, your delivery of your standards and what your expectations were pulled together, she pulls together very well. It's like it's kind of a person by person you never understand and know for sure how the delivery is going to land. So this is also something that I have struggled with over the year. I know I've lost staff to this, so I've really had to find the sweetness. And I found just to share in my experience that if I gave them kind of the overview of the why, then it's less feeling like it's micromanagement. I come back to reiterate a part of the process or a standard that they kind of missed. Is it okay that labels this would be me that labels not quite right?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 6: Does that screen but that's a TJ Max product? Or does that feel like it could be on the shelf at Bloomingdale's. It's there's, you know, communicating standards and really helping them understand. I found made a difference.
Speaker 1: You've also got standards though with public that you don't have never met. When people order on your Etsy shop, you've got people that might kind of try to pull some things or that might and so how do you do. That's do you do a lot of chat GPT with your responses or so.
Speaker 6: I know I am not the best writer because I am very dirapped. Somebody will say, and I give them the benefit of the doubt. This arrived broken. I'm like, did it? It was wrapped in four layers of bubble wrap? And I know I put six layers of this. I'm like, there is no no way. It's like, okay, let's give them the benefit of the doubt. Let's find a way to say yes to support, to get on their side before I just, in my heart of heart, I know that they're just trying to rob me. And every once in a while it's very blatant that they're trying to run a scam. And then I just called those out. I call a spade for spade, But yeah, it's usually just trying to get on their side and see how how could I make this them happy if this happened to me? How well that's but there are a few I call my my cheapy tea bot Lulu, like, hey, Lulu, make this sound nice for me, because I'm not feeling any kind of nice. Yeah, And then they give me it actually okay, Yes, that's what I meant.
Speaker 1: You gave me that advice once and I thought that that was really funny. There was a vendor that was claiming they had gotten an email, no, that they had sent us an email asking for something and we did not get it, and they I asked them to please forward me the email, and it was really clear what they sent had been altered.
Speaker 2: It was not authentic in any way.
Speaker 1: So we had to reply to them and let them know that we weren't buying it basically, and that was something that was good because I do like to write. But I'm also again very to the point, and we did ask for help with that. I remember chat GPT, chat GPD definitely did make it sound much nicer. But that's another example of standards and asking for help all in the same thing. And I'm not a huge fan of AI, but we're learning to use it now. We're really figuring out where it can be helpful, and it's it's developing itself too, it's learning new things. I am noticing that it's pulling from what's already out there, and we're in specialized niches a lot, and so I have to be careful because if.
Speaker 2: I ask it for enough ideas.
Speaker 1: I'm realizing it's pulling from other people with similar businesses to ours, and there's just not that many, so I can see where it's doing that. So you know, it's we're using it for reference, you know, not anything else. I did know that they just did an upgrade with the when you ask it to do flyers, it's now got all of this flourish and all of this information on it.
Speaker 2: If I have seen that once.
Speaker 1: I've seen it twenty times this week alone.
Speaker 6: As somebody's website that was entirely chat GPT generated the other day. And it's fine, right, it's got to happen. They need to get their message out there. They resonated with it. Just you know, maybe there's not good a graphic. It's well, it's not top the graphics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know a lot of the wording we can get from that, and just advice in general, because it does Remember if you're not if you're okay with you know, them knowing all of your business, which I feel like they do now anyway or not.
Speaker 2: Mindy are your customers your clients using a lot of AI?
Speaker 5: We are, In fact, I make a super super super customized chatbot for them, so it's customized to them. It doesn't search the web. It has my frameworks in it, it has some of their frameworks in it, and it has a little.
Speaker 3: Bit of magic in it.
Speaker 5: And that thing can write for them better than it can put it this way, it can write for me better than I write me if I sit down to do it really quickly. So I think AI is a tool, and I actually tell my clients when they're using that tool, I'm coaching them with the tool. So I have a totally done with you. I have it done with product, and that's that product, and I have it done for you product. If you don't want to, if you don't want to have the ikea of coaching, meaning you have to put it together yourself, right, we have a bespoke done for you product. We set up your Kajabi, we pull out your frameworks, we pull out the best of what you have, the most monetizable, and then we spend the rest of that year monetizing and reiterating and maybe adding some more programs. But the mid level program is AI based and it's a tool. It can't you can outsource your business, yourself, your voice to anyone else, and even if it comes out of that tool, I think it's going to be pretty factual. But is it going to necessarily say exactly what you want.
Speaker 3: In the way you want?
Speaker 5: You know, you really need to you really need to look at it, You really need to make it yours, and you really need to take all those silly ashes out and words like actually out because it puts the word actually in fifty thousand times you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, doesn't noted noted and some.
Speaker 3: Other works where you can really see that it's AI.
Speaker 5: So if you use it as a tool, if you if you let it right for you, it's just going to sound like everyone else.
Speaker 3: If you let any AI, they all have their own.
Speaker 1: We can one hundred percent tell when we get emails from people that is AI, and it's not uncommon that it'll be two or three paragraphs of AI and then they'll put another paragraph at the bottom in.
Speaker 2: Their own words, and it's just even that much more obvious.
Speaker 1: And people do that, it just tells me that they may not really know what they're talking about. To me, it's not good when I see that. You know, it's supposed to be a guide, I guess AI, but it definitely is very there's a lot of really good things that it could do.
Speaker 2: And that's why I.
Speaker 1: Encourag more people to see what it can do for them. Not let it do the work for you, but but to see for them too. So all right, so we've got just we've got to be what's that.
Speaker 6: I want to share this One note about that is I was interviewing somebody once. Oh okay, I thought I froze for a second. I was interviewing somebody for a management position and they came in, they sat down, and their resume I saw it beforehand. I'm like, I need to have a conversation with this person because their resume was very clearly generated, like AI generated with all of these these words, and I'm like, there's no way that they understand half of what's in here. So the gentleman came in and sat down. We had a good chat, and I said, now, can you can you tell me what this is? Can you tell me what this was that you said that you did blank face, no idea. I'm like, yes, I was like I was like a cat with a dead lizard, like playing a little bit. And maybe that was It's not the most ethical thing, but the point is it's very clear when it's not your voice, when it's all generated and it's like you said, mindy, when it says actually in all of these intros and words that it's just not authentic, and they want to connect with you as a woman, as a business owners, as a person coming to a job from.
Speaker 2: An esoteric standpoint too.
Speaker 1: We cautioned the vendors early on, maybe three four years ago, when it first started becoming, when social media was offering to write it for you in AI, it takes out your energy of the words, even if you wrote it and it rewrites your words, it does. It just takes that out, and I really do believe there's a vibration to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Then I played some of my labels on some of my products because I love the creative aspect of changing up the labels on my products. And so I went in to chat GPT and I said, create a label. Here's the inspiration, like, here's what I'm using. Now create a version and okay, I like this. And this was early, like when chappy GPT was just starting to generate for you. So I put it on some products and wouldn't you know that those particular items slowed in sales. Wow, it's receptive to it. So I'm like, okay, that's the proof in the pudding, Like this is a great great seller before and now the last three shows or online sales have have slowed down. Like people, there's definitely a vibration difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, I believe that, ladies. We were just about out of time and this flew by. Can you believe this was an hour and a half we could this? Yeah, this was great conversation. I cannot wait so to let everybody know they can watch this and replay on YouTube because we covered so many really great important subjects. So before I do the closing message, Susan, where can they find you?
Speaker 2: What's your two websites?
Speaker 6: Yep, you can find me on my entransitpath dot com, or you can find me on Etsy if you look for the shop my chansit path and Mindy what about you.
Speaker 5: The easiest is insta Graham at the million Dollar Brand Accelerator or a sub stack at Mindy DiPietro the ip files.
Speaker 1: And you are going to get a code for a discount for a consultation right.
Speaker 5: With the yes, I am, can you put that in the show notes if I send it to you?
Speaker 1: I will, and then we're also going to put it on your guest page on the Transformation Network. So if you have followed that link and they'll go to your guest page, we'll.
Speaker 2: Add it there as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, perfect, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Excited about that.
Speaker 1: And then and then again you can message here too on Facebook. We'll we'll find that before or after the show.
Speaker 2: So thank you, ladies for being here.
Speaker 1: Our closing message, leadership is not about being loud, aggressive or controlling. It's about having the courage to make decisions, the confidence to stand behind them, and the wisdom to see the people around you. Women do not need to be smaller, quieter, and more agreeable.
Speaker 2: To be effective leaders. The most powerful leaders are those who know who they are, communicate with authenticity, and create opportunities for others to succeed along with them.
Speaker 1: And ladies, I know that you guys are the epitome of that, and you're great leaders and your boss bitches, And thank you so much for joining us tonight, and I look forward to having more conversations in the future.
Speaker 3: Thank you, bye, Thank.
Speaker 1: You for spending this time with me here on the Sanctuary Network. Tune in every Wednesday at five pm Pacific eight pm Eastern.
Speaker 2: On the Transformation Network as we gather to share.
Speaker 1: Stories, wisdom, and practices that remind us of something essential.
Speaker 2: Sanctuary isn't just a place you go, It's a space.
Speaker 1: You create in your heart, your home, and your daily life. I hope today's conversation sparks something in you, a sense of belonging, a new idea, or simply a reminder that.
Speaker 2: You are not alone on this journey. If this touched you, please share it with someone who could use a little light.
Speaker 1: Together we can grow this circle of sanctuary and inspire a ripple of healing around the world. And don't forget The journey continues at SPIRITFESTUSA dot com, the Sanctuarynetwork dot com, and Natural Wellness Expo dot com, and of course every week right here on Transformation Network.
Speaker 2: Until next time
Speaker 1: May you be well, may you be inspired, and may you live fully in sanctuary.