Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, this is not Dan Kaplis. This is Heidigena filling in for Dan. I believe he's stuck in a trial today and he may join us in the second hour. Super excited to be here today, Ryan, I'm going to have some fun today and talk about women in politics, specifically Republican women, and how on earth we can support Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: What do you think about that?
Speaker 4: I like it because there's a turning point here and we've seen it a lot with yourself running as the nominee for the Republican Party as the candidate for governor against Jared Polis, who, I might add, in my opinion, is one of the most anti woman governors that we've ever had, and his comments continue to follow along those lines. But you're absolutely right the lot of up and coming and establish strong Republican women in politics that really get overlooked by the mainstream media.
Speaker 2: I agree, and you know, I know a lot of them, and I know we all face a lot of the same comments and ridicule and questioning by some of our liberal friends and the liberal media. Uh, you know, because a lot of the traditional women's issues are seen as on the Democrat side, where I think it's shifting. I truly think it's starting to shift. So today I want to dig into some of those issues and talk about what it means for the election in a few weeks. So if we look back President Biden in twenty twenty, he won by He won fifty percent of suburban voters and fifty seven percent of female voters.
Speaker 3: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: He beat Trump by two percentage points in the former category of fifteen percentage points in the latter group. So with women, I think it's going to be a little bit different this time, even though we have a woman candidate. And the reason I think that is that a lot of people, a lot of women, are waking up to how extreme the Democrats' views are an abortion. I think they're waking up to how freedom loving and advocating we are for them on health issues, health freedom issues specifically. And we'll talk a little bit about Nicole Shanahan, who was Robert Kennedy's VP pick who's come out strong for Trump?
Speaker 3: And then I also think that some of the.
Speaker 2: Issues we're facing right now really affect women. If you think about it, women care about being safe. They want their family to be safe, they want to earn a good income, and they want to see their neighborhoods healthy and strong. They don't want a lot of crime. So a lot of these issues are going to trend more.
Speaker 3: Women to pick Trump.
Speaker 2: The in the know, the secrecy of their ballot picking, I think maybe they don't say it out loud, but I think when the numbers come out afterwards, we're going to see a shocking surprising number of women that voted for Donald Trump versus in the last couple elections.
Speaker 3: What's your take on that? Oops, I think Ryan's busy, right. Can you provide a definition for the word woman?
Speaker 5: Can I provide a definition?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 6: You can't.
Speaker 5: Not akay context, I'm not a biology of the.
Speaker 1: Word woman is so unclear and controversial that you can't give me a definition, Senator.
Speaker 5: In my work as a judge, what I do is I address dispute. If there's a dispute about a definition, people make arguments and I look at the law and I decide.
Speaker 2: So that was Marcia Blackburn the Tennessee Center asking Kaitanji Brown Jackson during her twenty two Supreme Court confirmation hearings could she provide a definition.
Speaker 3: For the word woman? And she danced around it.
Speaker 2: She couldn't really come up with an answer, and she ended up noting that she was not a biologist. And I thought that was hilarious. I'm like, you don't need to be a biologist, especially if you're a woman, to know that you're a woman. But that's the crazy society that we live in right now. And recently I read an article that just made me chuckle. Its title was it was a New York magazine article and it said the baffling contradictory demands of being female in the Party of Donald Trump. And I thought, well, that clip kind of says it all. I'm sorry, Ryan, and I wasn't where you were playing the clip when I was like.
Speaker 3: Where are you talk to me?
Speaker 2: But I think it just kind of encapsulates everything that's going on right now with this scratching of the head, like how come Donald Trump's making such inroads with women across America, and we talked a little bit about his appearance last night at the rally and how kind of Lucy was and how comfortable he seemed in New York.
Speaker 3: He showed the softer side of.
Speaker 2: Himself, just funny and silly and having a good time. And he did that on The Great gut Field Show last night too, and I thought, I thought, boy, if women across America could see this side of him and have a conversation with him like the hosts were, I think they would feel very differently about what they're hearing from the mainstream media, the left leaning media that does not want you seeing any good side of Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Did you watch Gutfield last night?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kelly and I both watched the whole thing on our own and came up with a bunch of these clips.
Speaker 7: Here, So spin the wheel whatever you want.
Speaker 2: I'll play it like I think I wanted you to play number nineteen, where he's talking about a certain woman who helped save his life or find the person who tried to take his life.
Speaker 8: And it was really great work again by secret service and a woman who saw somebody running and running for the car because he was caught and the Secret Service agents started shooting at him. Didn't do any talking, said, just that's a barrel of a gun started shooting, which was amazing that he saw it. And then he started shooting. And so this man is running to the car and a woman is a woman. Of course, woman's always a woman, right.
Speaker 7: We found, Well, but we'll think about them. How smart?
Speaker 3: Who would do this?
Speaker 8: She sees somebody running and she didn't like the way he looked. He looked very suspicious, and followed him and took the car, parked it right behind his and started taking pictures of the license plate.
Speaker 3: Who would do that?
Speaker 1: Karen?
Speaker 8: And then said, and then sent the picture to the sheriff, who's great sheriff of pop Each county, and sent the pictures to the sheriff's office, and they got him in a high speed chase down the highway. But who would do that? I mean, he said, out of a thousand incidents, would that ever happen?
Speaker 3: And they said, very rarely a thing like that.
Speaker 8: So she's very much of a heroin, right, heroin?
Speaker 2: You know? I think Trump spen surrounded by strong women his whole career, his whole life. He's been married to a couple of them. I mean, Milania is a very strong, beautiful, articulate woman.
Speaker 3: I think she speaks five languages or something crazy like that.
Speaker 2: But he also hired the very first woman campaign manager that was able to get a president across the finish line, Kelly and Conway and Kelly Ann Boy. She took control of that race and drove it home and has been a force in politics since then. And of course his press spokesperson was Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who's now the governor of Arkansas. Fantastic Republican woman who's doing all the right things in Arkansas to turn that state into one of the gems in this country. They're really really making a dramatic difference there, especially on school choice and education. Sarah Huckeby Sanders is doing a fantastic job. And the list goes on. I mean, I think that one thing that kind of cracked me up was when Brittany Mahomes recently liked one of Donald Trump's tweets, and of course Taylor Swift had come out and endorsed Kamala Harris, and so it started kind of this thing like our Brittany Mahomes and Taylor's Swift at war with each other. But yesterday on the View, I think you have this clip. Oh my gosh, you got to play this Ryan, It's terrible.
Speaker 9: So your initial point, I know you said we weren't going to talk about it, but I was.
Speaker 10: It just seems to me that since she is in.
Speaker 9: An interracial marriage, she should have known that to support a racist is problematic. Her children are are biracial, and her family is one of the families that in the seventies could not have lived in any of Donald Trump's buildings.
Speaker 10: So it just seems to me that maybe she's just not that politically savvy, or maybe she's just not read it.
Speaker 9: Granted, but all we know is that she liked a Trump post.
Speaker 3: We don't know she hasn't.
Speaker 6: Supported him, but that's fair to interpret.
Speaker 3: That she may have, but we don't know that she's a supporter.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe Brittany wants women to have safety, and maybe she wants us to have a strong military, and maybe she wants us to have a strong police force and be protected in her home and have her kids grow up in a safe America.
Speaker 3: I mean, give me a break.
Speaker 2: That just is so demeaning to women that we're not allowed to have a different opinion from her, or it's all about race, it's all about us being naive or unsophisticated or uneducated. Nothing could be further than the truth. And it takes a lot right now for women to stand up and outwardly support Donald Trump and be a Republican because we get so much flack. And you know, I do think we've got to we've got to be a little bit conscientious about bringing the suburban women into our party and playing you know a little bit ah, how do I say this, Just getting our softer side out there about why we support and why we believe in his policies. And I think Nicole Shanahan is doing a fantastic job of that with her Make American Healthy Again mantra with Robert Kennedy Junior. And we're going to talk about that after the break, and then at four thirty five we'll have Jennifer say, come on and join the conversation about women and their role in the election of Donald Trump, because I do think they're going to be a force in that. But let's go to break. This is Heidi Ganall hosting for Dan Kapls.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kapless Show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's Heidi Ganall filling in for Dan Caples. So happy to be here with you this afternoon, and we're talking all things women in politics, specifically women in the upcoming.
Speaker 3: Election, and how on earth could.
Speaker 2: We as women be Republicans and support Donald Trump President Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: He had a great quote.
Speaker 2: I can't remember if this was on Gufelder one of the other shows. I think women living in the suburbs, he says, Why wouldn't they like me?
Speaker 3: I keep the suburbs safe.
Speaker 2: I stop low income towers from rising right along their house, and I'm keeping the illegal ilate aliens away from the suburbs.
Speaker 3: I think that they like me a lot. I think it's a lot of fake polls.
Speaker 2: Trump says, well, as I was doing a little research for the show today, I came across this wild article written by a very liberal journalist who says, I was sure that.
Speaker 3: God was punishing me in twenty twenty when.
Speaker 2: Across my road was a large pink women for Trump flag waving in the breeze on a high pole. Why in the world would any woman love Donald J. Trump, a liar and dishonorable bully. Why would any man with integrity, not reject him as unfit and a flawed leader.
Speaker 3: Why was I taking it personally?
Speaker 2: After all, the pink flag was not a personal betrayal. But that's what it's like out there, Ryan, That's what it's like being a conservative. Women were like a specimen that people have to examine, Like, what's.
Speaker 4: Going to something wrong with you? That's right, what is your defect? The island of miss fit toys.
Speaker 2: She goes on to say that women who love and support Trump have usually grown up with men who they perceive to be real men, and they often become a partner, spouse, or employee if someone perceived as powerful, and that many of the women who admire Trump are psychologically identified with him. I don't even know what that means, but it's bizarre. Maybe it's just because we like his policies. Maybe it's because, like we were talking about earlier, he just makes us feel like he's got control of the country, of the situation in the world of our economy, and that things were pretty good for four years under President Donald Trump. But the reality is a lot of women vote in elections. In fact, says here, ten million more women are registered to vote than men in America, and you know.
Speaker 3: A lot of them turn out to vote.
Speaker 2: But what's weird is in a recent poll, only fifty six percent of women aged eighteen to twenty nine say they intend.
Speaker 3: To vote this year.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, like a lot of the younger women are not planning to vote, and of course they tend to lean more Democrat.
Speaker 3: And then older women show up big time.
Speaker 2: Ninety one percent of women age sixty five and older are registered and they skew fifty seven to forty two Republican, which is a big win for us in the GOP. So you've got some interesting trends there.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: They make it seem on the news like all women across America vote Democrat. That's not accurate at all. So right now, about fifty three percent of women who are registered to vote lean Democrat, forty seven percent lean Republican. So I you know, I think it's a big part of the race. But do I think it's the end all bl and going to decide the election. No, I don't, because if you look at the number of men also that are voting for Trump, it's making up for that in droves. What's your take on all of this in the whole demographic analysis. Ryan, how do you feel about women's role in this upcoming election.
Speaker 4: It's incredibly important, especially as you mentioned that kind of middling group that's in the suburbs.
Speaker 7: They may be torn.
Speaker 4: For instance, they may be very pro choice when it comes to the abortion issue, but they're very anti transing the kids and having trans females compete in female sports, whether it's girls or women's or be in locker rooms are the same. And I think there are a lot of maybe center left or center or even center right female voters out there who are averse to Donald Trump personally.
Speaker 3: They just are for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: But for the two topics I just stated, they're torn, and how they come down in this vote, I think is going to go a long way in determining the winner of this election.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's a great point. And I was trying to look at.
Speaker 2: Information across the spectrum today when I was researching this, and Glamour magazine did a really big pull with YouGov in January. This shar to discover it, like what do women voters across the country care about?
Speaker 3: Like what are they really voting on?
Speaker 2: All of us think it's abortion and that's the only issue, but actually abortion was number seven down the list.
Speaker 3: Wow, So the economy was.
Speaker 2: Number one, healthcare was number two, cost of housing number three, criminal justice, then gum policy, foreign policy, then abortion.
Speaker 4: And I think it can be overstated and oversimplified and overdistilled.
Speaker 7: And I think it's insulting to women to reduce.
Speaker 4: Them to that one issue about whether or not they can keep a pregnancy, and that's all they care about. And that's all Kamala Harris has campaigning on when it comes to women, that's it.
Speaker 7: It's a solo issue.
Speaker 4: But I'll tell you, Heidi, more than I care to admit, there are women that I know that that is their issue. It's a past fail grade. They vote Democrat no matter what because of it. And I can't understand it personally, But I'm a man, So what am I supposed to sing?
Speaker 2: Well, I think there's some good data out there that says that it's more complex, it's more in the weeds than they like to make it appear. And one of the things that was shocking to me in that last debate, and I wrote about it in Rocky Mountain Voice last week, was when Kama Harris said that nowhere in America is a woman carrying a pregnancy to term and asking for an abortion that is not an abortion, that.
Speaker 3: Is not happening. She said, it's absolutely not happening.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what it's happening right here in Colorado. And I wrote about doctor Warren hurd Uve bin Boulder, who has performed over forty thousand abortions since nineteen seventy five, most of them third trimester. He does abortions at any point in the pregnancy, and he does it right up.
Speaker 3: The road in Boulder, Colorado.
Speaker 2: And not to mention, Jared Poulis, our governor, just signed the Reproductive Health Act Equity Act into law in twenty two which permits abortion for any reason in Colorado at any stage of pregnancy. And they are now trying to memorialize that at the ballot box in just a few weeks with a constitutional amendment. And they're also going to allow government funds to be able to use those funds to pay for abortions, which most women in Colorado. I don't know that they know that, And I don't know that women in Colorado understand that we are one of the most extreme abortion How do I say this, one of the most extreme states in the country for access to abortion, and I just I think we need to talk more about the reality of what's happening here in Colorado in the third trimester, and that late term abortion is not just some you know once in a you know, one in ten million women.
Speaker 3: It happens, and that's the end of the day.
Speaker 2: It happens quite often, especially here in Colorado, because women come here to get it, which is really disturbing to me. So I think that's going to play in the election a little bit, maybe in Colorado without on the ballot box, we'll see. This is Heidi Ganall I'm hosting for Dan Caplis. Coming up next, we'll have Jennifer Say on the show to talk more about.
Speaker 3: Women and the election.
Speaker 7: You're listening to The Dan Caplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: This is Heidi Ganaal filling in for Dan Caplis, and boy do we have one of the best joining us now, Jennifer Say. Who is She grew up as a gymnastics champion and then worked her way up at Levi's and was very, very powerful and ready to take over I think leadership there when she stood up for kids and the fact that the schools were being closed down in San Francisco. There wasn't right and got sideways with Levi's and now I think it's led her loose, and she's one of the badass women warriors fighting for women's rights across America.
Speaker 6: Jen, you there, I'm here, Hi, Heidi.
Speaker 3: Hi, How you doing.
Speaker 6: I'm doing great? How are you chat with you?
Speaker 1: You too?
Speaker 3: Boy? Jen?
Speaker 2: I am so proud to be your friend. You're You're just you're speaking for so many of us out there on the airwaves, and I want you to tell folks a little bit about what you're up to with your coming documentary with your XXXY Athletics company.
Speaker 3: It just got a lot going on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I might sometimes I think too much. I fight off a little more than I could chew. I'm sure you know what.
Speaker 11: That feels like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, two big, two big things happening for me right now. Five months ago, actually almost six, not quite six months ago, I watched my own brand called xx x Y Athletics. We are the only athletic brand that's standing up for the protection of women's sports. It's that simple. And you know, after I left Levi's, I started to interview and it became clear very quickly that no one was going to give me a job unless I was willing to bend the knee, and I was not willing.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 6: And so I looked around at all the athletics brands, and I mean I was embarrassed for them. Frankly, you know, they claim they pretend to champion women athletes, female athletes, and not one has put a stake in the ground to say that women deserve safety, privacy and fairness. We deserve our own sports. So I thought, who better than me to start my own brands? I know brands. I was in a weak athlete, as you mentioned, a gymnast, and I am fine saying things that are true, but perhaps inconvenience. So I started this brand a few months ago. It's going really well. We do, I mean, startups are hard enough, and you know, and we have additional obstacles because we keep getting banned and censored, but people are finding us, and I think, you know, my goal is to normalize standing up for women and girls, because the act is most people agree with us, but they're too afraid to stand up and say it because you get smeared as the biggest But I think if we can make really amazing products, and we can just sort of normalize putting it out there in the culture that it's okay we can stand up for ourselves. Then I think we can we can make change. So that's the big needs in my life. And I hope everybody goes and checks out the brand a xx that xy Athletics dot com. We have a lot of amazing products. Is non gimmicks. We make world class products. You can put your Nike side, your Nike leggings aside and tryouds. And then I have a movie, a documentary called Generation COVID that is almost done that is about the harms and the impact of the long school closures to children across America.
Speaker 3: Well, that's fantastic. Don When do you think the movie is coming out? Do you know yet?
Speaker 6: I don't know. It's almost done, and I'm in the you know, I'm working on the distribution. I want wide, broad, mainstream distribution. Everybody needs to see this movie. People may be hear here directly from the kids themselves what they experience. Nobody's done that, and so you know, it's a bunch of politicians arguing with each other and we're not listening to what actually happened to children. And families across the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like the media, the late liberal media, has memory hold that whole, like that whole conversation about what happened to our kids. Yet us as moms, I know, you have four kids, I have four kids.
Speaker 3: We're living it.
Speaker 2: We're still living with the consequences of all those terrible decisions. And even in Colorado they made terrible decisions about closing the schools. And one thing that drives me nuts is we veer towards what about women and politics? Is that they talk so much about choice, and during COVID, polists and so many other governors and all the Democrat politicians mandated that women get the vaccination and fired them if they wouldn't do it women healthcare workers especially, How does that jive?
Speaker 1: It does?
Speaker 6: It's wildly inconsistent, But nobody cares. They have their sound bites and their talking points, and I agree with you. Why is no one I don't understand why this is not a topic in this election. The fact that our kids are struggling, they're still far far behind from the learning loss that happened during COVID. Absolute te rates chronic abstantism is twice what it was before COVID, And you know, I watched the debate from start to finish, and there wasn't a single question asked about what are we going to do about our kids that are continuing to struggle and suffer? And you know, disappointingly, it wasn't It doesn't matter if the questions ask talk about it. Well, the Democrats don't want to talk about it because the Democrats kept schools closed for nineteen months in deep blue states. That's why I left California. Now I came here, and you're right, this wasn't perfect, but I will tell you it was a lot better than California. There was not a single open in California. What private schools were There was not a single public school opening California until September twenty twenty one. I mean, it's horrible. And how this isn't a primary topic of conversation in this campaign season, I don't really understand. And I was actually disappointed that that Trump didn't raise it. He doesn't need to be asked the question to speak to it. You know, he advocated for open schools in the summer of twenty twenty, which almost guaranteed they wouldn't open in blue states, but he was on the right side of that issue, and he should have spoken to it. I think I thought that was a missed opportunity.
Speaker 2: Well, Jen, maybe we can clip this interview and tag him and see if he won't start talking about it more, because I think he has a real opportunity to bring more women his way. And one of the things I chatted about earlier in the show was Nicole Shanahan and this whole movement towards make America healthy again, and I I truly believe this is one of the key ways we're going to connect with women because all of us moms are really thinking.
Speaker 3: Hard about the health issues.
Speaker 2: The environmental issues, the pharmaceutical industry, vaccinations, all those things that are affecting our children so deeply. And Nicole had a daughter, She has a daughter who was diagnosed with autism at the age of eighteen months and was she got all the regular vaccinations at seven months and was a totally you know, normal kid, meeting all the milestones and was a completely different kid within a few months of that. But Nichole's got a great story and she admits she was a total progressive and now here she is wearing her MAGA hat and shouting from the rooftops that Trump is the right one to check the box for.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I mean, look, it's just I mean, I'm not born. I like Nicole was a progressive. I would have called myself left and left of center, but COVID really changed everything for me. I am radicalized for school choice. For instance, my kids here in Denver both go to a public charter school. We're very happy there. You know. That's what kind of changed my way of thinking. But somehow, through marketing and tagline, the DEMS have sort of positioned themselves as the party that is for women. Well, I myself will not vote for someone who does my two issues our free speech, and you've got to know what a woman is, because how can you protect a woman's rights if you can't even name a woman. If you think men can be women, then you aren't protecting Title nine and women's rights. I also wish he'd brought up Title nine and the egregious horrific rewrights that the Biden administration did, which basically erased women's sex base rights in the education system. And I have every base that if Trump wins, he would reverse that horrible rewrite and put the original title line back in place, and I wish he would have said that. As you well know, the DEM's position themselves is the party that is sort of more pro woman, and they've effected somewhat effectively. You know, they keep lying, and they keep saying, for instance, that you know Trump and Vans are going to outlaw Yep, they've said the opposite. They've said the exact opposite. They haven't said that, and so I don't know that. I think the Republicans and Trump have an opportunity to message better here because you're right on a lot of issues that women care about, school choice being one an education for our kids, more broadly, being too bodily autonomy when it comes to medication and vaccine. You know, I lean that way, you know I will lean that way, and I think we can't let them have the they can't own that. You know, we're the party that's for women.
Speaker 3: We've got to take a quick break.
Speaker 2: Would you be willing to stay on and talk more about this, because I think branding our brand, our Republican brand, is so important to nail down right now and talk about.
Speaker 3: I'd love to have you.
Speaker 2: So this is Heidi Ganol with Dan Kaplis, Jen and I will be right.
Speaker 3: Back after the break.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Is Heidie Gannall filling in for Dan Kaplis with my special guest Jennifer Say, Jennifer, we were just digging into branding and the Republican Party and you are.
Speaker 3: A branding guru. That's you're so talented. From that perspective, what.
Speaker 2: Would you do if you took over the GOP the Republican Party and had to basically refresh the brand?
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, you know what, that's a hard question. I would want to think about it. I actually thought watching the convention, they did a really good job on that. I thought that they came across as a big tent. I thought that having younger speakers, more diverse speakers, speakers like Bert Rose, who I know, some conservative that we're critical of, but I feel like, as someone you know, who spent my life on the left, having her there and explaining how she had changed her mind, it gives permission to other people to change their mind. You know. I thought that was really well done. I really did. I thought it was really well done. And so I think it's just more of that. You know, I think we need to I'm not a register Republican. I'll just say that, I'm a sorry, I'm a REDID. They need to just keep doing that, you know that they need that. The Democrats pretend they are the big tent party, but time and time again they show that that is not the case. There is no diversity of the thought welcome. They didn't even let the people pick the candidate. Like, how is that open and democratic and welcoming? You know, you can only think one way. And I think that that is what I would this on if I were in charge of branding, is how do we kind of open our arms welcome, welcome everyone, We welcome diversity of thoughts. We champion freedom and individual liberty. That's what's important. I mean, for me, if I was going to vote based on one thing, it would be who do I believe is going to protect my right to free speech? If I had to prioritize one thing over anything else, And both Trump and Vance have spoken to that, I think quite eloquently in the last week. Really and again I think it was a bit of a missed opportunity not to talk about it in the debate, But like that's a winner, I think, yeah, And I think that's hammer at home.
Speaker 3: That's why Elon Musk is so on board with Trump.
Speaker 2: I mean he's literally wearing his Maga hat online, it seems. But yeah, And what I really liked about the convention was the everyday Americans theme. And I was there and just the sprinkling of real Americans telling their stories, a lot of them women and moms, was so impactful and it just was very meaningful. We have a caller that would like to join our conversation and ask a question about abortion.
Speaker 3: If you're okay with that.
Speaker 2: That's a big issue in the Republican Party about how to talk about that.
Speaker 3: Mary, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Yes, I have two things to say, and I better be quick. It looks like on the polling there are a lot of people that would not answer a survey for the door or anything else that they don't want to be hassled.
Speaker 3: It's a great point, Mary.
Speaker 11: Don't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the polling is all over the place. It's really hard to tell what's going on. Pulling wise, I think Real Clear Politics average has come all up one point nine. But Trump is favored on all the issues, which I think is.
Speaker 3: More meaningful in a way. But great comment. Mary, what was your other comment?
Speaker 11: My other comment was I watched online an abortion doctor explain exactly what happened and how it's done, and I don't think most people have any idea. And I'll we have to use the vacuum and suck the baby out and shout all the arms and legs on the table and make sure they have all the parts first semester for first three of fields.
Speaker 3: It's better, it's bad.
Speaker 2: Mary, Yeah, I think I think that's going around a lot online, people talking about the realities of the procedure, especially late term abortion, which in Colorado is legal up up until birth. So thank you for your call, Mary, I really appreciate it. And Jen, what's your take on how we navigate the pro choice pro life conversation because it's such an important one in the conservative movement.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, that's a sticky, wicked I'm asking you.
Speaker 3: Some tough questions today.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to have you on it and I want to tap into your expertise.
Speaker 6: Well, I believe that, and I might be wrong, but the polls that I have seen show that something around seventy percent of Americans our choice with restrictions. I think reasonable people. I think making abortion completely illegal is a loser. Honestly, I apologize to my friends to our pro life I think politically that is not a winning position, and I think Trump has stated his position clearly, which is leave it to the states, which I tend to agree with. Somehow the Democrats are lying about what his position is, and it's like sticking and so I think he needs to just keep saying it over and over. He has said explicitly he is not for a national abortion band. Now, there may be someone the right that are opposed to him saying that, but he has said it explicitly. He has said explicitly this is a tangential but related issue, that he is supportive of IVF. And yet somehow Harris and Walls are out there saying he would ban IVS and he would enact a national abortion ban, and those are both unpopular positions nationally. A national abortion ban and banning IVS and IVF is essentially, I think, as someone who's gone through it, a very.
Speaker 11: Polite position.
Speaker 6: In a sense, I think there should be more regulation around the industry. I think there's a lot of weirdness that happens but I don't know. I was older and I met my husband, and we wanted to have kids and we couldn't. And I feel really blessed that I was able to do that and I had these two amazing, beautiful children.
Speaker 3: Well me too, Jen. We've got to wrap up.
Speaker 2: We've got to wrap up, and I'm sorry for asking you these tough questions, but you've done a fabulous job and I'm so blessed to have you on the show. Thanks for all you do. This is Heidi Ganal on the Dan Kaplas Show. Thanks Jan will see you soon.