Speaker 1: What is in your algorithm right now?
Speaker 2: It is unrelenting once they find out you have even the smallest tiniest interest in something. Once they find that out, you just get bombarded with ads to the point that it's just almost too much.
Speaker 1: But it kind of works too, it does. It beats you down right, it does work.
Speaker 3: But then once you make the purchases, it takes a while for it to get out of your algorithm, right and you're like, I already bought it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just want to go leave me alone your yellni phone.
Speaker 2: Before you, guys, say what's clogging up your feed and your algorithm? Can I just tell you this, what's the deal with When you see something that you like and it says you know, shop now or more import you tap the link, it takes you to whatever the product is. The first thing I want to know is how much is it? And you scroll down and down and down and down through nine different things that this thing's great for. And then sometimes you don't even get the price there. Yeah, well that's a flim flam. When they don't tell you the price, come on, it starts.
Speaker 3: To make you think it's a shady product exactly. Yeah. And then and then sometimes if you do start buying it, then they try to sell you something else before you close out.
Speaker 1: Three or four times.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then they also imagine if online shopping in the real world, right, like you go, you click, and let's say you going and looking at the stuff is the same as walking into a retail store. When you walk in, the person that would walk but you would see first when you walk in would go, hey, what's your email?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, that's the first thing. That's the first thing they say, what's your email? What's your email? You want? You want fifteen percent off? What's your email?
Speaker 2: And then you go no, oh no, oh you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to save? Okay, what's your text number? What's your sex stuff? That's what it would be like. I feel like I'm being assaulted.
Speaker 3: And then as you go out the front door, they follow you and go, hey, you left something behind.
Speaker 1: I know you were interested. They called me. They called me two days later.
Speaker 2: They called me two days later and they're like, hey, your cart's still full. Do you still want this? Like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the world's most aggressive. It's not nurturing. Yeah, it shows me insane.
Speaker 2: But when I have to scroll so much, Jbie, great point, it's shady like this sauna blanket that I'm looking at. Uh huh, something shady about you. I don't want to buy that song if you had just said the sauna blanket's one hundred and nineteen dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just.
Speaker 3: Did one the other day and I was scrolling down and I said, click here to order, scroll down, click here, door, scroll down, click here to do. It just kept giving me more and more information. It was too many, too much.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know what's everything in the engine When I buy a car. I just went, it works, you know. So what's in your feed right now? Just let's start with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I ordered a lip stained It's not a lipstick, it's not a lip gloss. You put it on and it stains your lips and then you wipe it off and the color stays on your lips all day. I ordered one, and now every person on the planet Earth who makes a lip stain wants me to buy theirs as well. And I'm like, I'm not even sure if I like the one I got yet, so nothing but lip stain.
Speaker 3: And that's so funny you mentioned that because I accidentally bought that I had like chapped lips up in.
Speaker 1: The mountains, and I know it was a lip stain.
Speaker 3: I looked like Robert Smith of the.
Speaker 4: And that color does not come off right. You put it on, you wipe it off, and that's your color for the whole day.
Speaker 1: Like it works. And apparently I clicked on it.
Speaker 4: Was interested in a sleeveless shirt at free people, And now my add pages are full of sleeveless shirt ads, like a million of them.
Speaker 1: So those are the two that I'm in right now. Tricia, you wanres show off the guns? Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 4: No, It's just was a cute shirt, okay, But I mean if they get a little bit bigger, I might show them off.
Speaker 1: I will judge a woman that should not be wearing a sleepless shirt. Yeah. Those are women, though, who have gotten to an age.
Speaker 4: Where they're like they're part of that we do not care club, and they're like, we don't care if our arms should not be showed. We're hot and sweaty and we're wearing sleepless shirts.
Speaker 1: What's happening with them? I don't want to see your bingo wings, you know. Jimmy bingo wings.
Speaker 2: Learn It's like, now, remember your grandma had that stuff underneath her arm and a flab in your flab and they got bingo when they raised their arms up and they shake their hands and their bingo wings are flopping down.
Speaker 1: What's in your algo jb oh?
Speaker 3: Mine is overrun. So we just rented a house for my daughter in Rosedale. We haven't moved her in yet because we're cleaning it up up because landlords don't have to do squat now. So it was covered. There were three college students living in there before. It's been overrun with leaves and just soggy. You know, when they get all they start to compose and it is just overrun with mosquitoes. Over run and I am a target, Like so we have completely zero scaped our backyard, and so I was looking for all kinds of ways to combat mosquitoes. Right, so far, I've purchased four different things.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, I know.
Speaker 3: And then it's just it's everything showing up, everything showing up. There's so I started with just like your classic industrial strength deep spray that you put on the end of the hose, but you don't want to use that all the time. That's a little toxic. And then I bought this thing. It's called thermicell. It's a little USB battery thing and you drop this little cartridge in it. It heats it up and that's supposed to repel anything from coming near you.
Speaker 1: I got that. I got the electric bug zapper glow light. Those are still around. Yeah, yeah, those are so fun. It is so from childhood.
Speaker 3: And then I and then I mean it's it's obviously working, you know.
Speaker 1: And then I bought this other thing.
Speaker 3: I haven't even taken an out of the box yet, but but you know how the commercial mosquito places will come in and fog your yard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was paying. I was paying for one of those services. I was like, how much.
Speaker 3: To get one of these machines and then the fluid to go in it, So I have that in my car. Then I haven't even unboxed yet, so I can just and it. It's more of a natural chemical thing. So once I get it under control, then I'm gonna go out there. Oh hit it that thing every now and thenbator. Yeah. I was paying a lot to have that done professionally, like once a month, well except for the winter months, you know. A few months off, but like, there's got to be surely I can do this on my own.
Speaker 2: I need the good old days where the truck came by and put the fog out and all the kids ran behind the deep truck.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that? Okay, it wasn't toxic at all.
Speaker 3: Who knows what we were breathing. Oh and there's another one I bought. It's actually a product that that was out of Austin.
Speaker 1: It's called.
Speaker 3: God I can't think of the name of it, but it's these little canisters and you you put the powder in it, add water and the mosquitos go in there.
Speaker 1: I have four hanging in my back. Those were flies too. Yeah. Yeah, it's like tom something is a JB's house.
Speaker 2: We had a funny conversation while we have one of those in the on our back patio, the fly ones and Tricia and I were sitting there and they're like, well, you're down at the top were speaking for the flies, and like, I don't know, it's been in there a while and he hadn't come out.
Speaker 1: Flies on the outside looking at all the flies on the inside, Like this is sketchy. You're having fun, but.
Speaker 3: This isn't this is an Austin company. It's called Tougher than Tom tnt TO.
Speaker 1: And I will tell you this.
Speaker 3: The little canister when you go to swap it out like it is the most vile smell I think it's ever smelled.
Speaker 4: It's stinky for the flies too, That's what Yeah, that's what attracts them.
Speaker 3: Oh it is a gross I mean you don't smell it like I've got a couple by my patio.
Speaker 1: You don't smell it hanging there.
Speaker 3: But when you get close to it, Oh, yeah, it sounds like a dead animal.
Speaker 2: Were you getting eaten that when you're trying to get rid of all these mosquitoes? Were you're getting eaten up by them?
Speaker 1: Too? I was, I was.
Speaker 3: Getting devoured and trying to get it under control. And then man, by Sunday it was Saturday. I was doing a bunch of that. Sunday, I was like, man, I feel sick, and this is not a normal kind of sick.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? They got it.
Speaker 3: I've been on this planet for a minute, so I know the different kinds of sick. And I was just like I just felt off. And then I was like, it's gotta be all these mosquitoes biting me.
Speaker 1: They carry a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: I know they're in some parts of the world that you can get malaria, I think from Mosquite.
Speaker 4: Right, what is the one not malaria, but the one that people like has been reported in Austin A few times people freak out.
Speaker 1: We snile snile. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I think I had a mild West Nile kind of thing going. Maybe it was Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
Speaker 3: Who knows, Man, I did not feel good, and that's I attributed it to that.
Speaker 1: But anyhow, back to your point. Now, when I.
Speaker 3: If I scroll through Instagram, I feel like every fifth post is something mosquito.
Speaker 1: Really like this guy hates mosquito. They need a way to that.
Speaker 3: You can just tell the algorithm like, Okay, I'm done, I've purchased all I am gonna get in this category, leave me alone.
Speaker 2: That's what makes me wondering since there is that like I'm not interested in this button, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And then I don't know if that gets rid of it or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you yeah, if you start to hide those, you can clean it's a little tedious, but you can't it on them. Yeah, like this and I think it gives you options. I'm no longer interested. I've already purchased this stuff like that. I've only seen that. I'm not interested option.
Speaker 4: When they're first introducing a new product into your feed, whether if you click I'm not interested in this, they're like, all.
Speaker 1: Right, you guys, you don't like that. To let's get something else in there.
Speaker 2: You have to tap the little uh I think it's called an e lips the little three dots, yeah, and then hit not interested in your options? Are? It's irrelevant? I see similar ads too often. It's inappropriate. I already bought this. I've seen this ad too many times. I already bought this. Be done.
Speaker 1: What's in your algorithm? Sandy?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Right now it is? What is it? You already mentioned the T shirts thing, the T shirts and a lot of.
Speaker 2: A lot of this freaking rise super foods, the mushroom stuff, mushroom Yeah, I don't want mushroom coffee.
Speaker 1: I tried it. I tried to do it. Yeahs yeah, is it gross? Tastes?
Speaker 3: It's okay, it just I mean, I just love a good black coffee nut, right on, Yeah, like good coffee, and so I tried mine is all full of healthy like stuff to buy to make you healthier, like peptides and coffees and amino acids and all this kind of stuff, and it's annoying. Do you follow doctor Barbara? No, Australian chick told her before. She's an older woman and she's a scientist, and man, when you go into that, I mean she's she's like one of my trusted sources on health.
Speaker 1: Is it doctor Barbara O'Neill. I think that, Yeah, that's her. She's awesome.
Speaker 2: She is explored the realm of Barbara O'Neil's wisdom, dive into holistic wellness with us.
Speaker 5: She's the best, all right, the realm of her wisdom. Wow, she's expressive. It's all just the science of it. Yeah, like she's on a chalkboard. Here's why this that.
Speaker 1: It's great?
Speaker 2: All right? I checked that out for sure. It can't be her. I mean she's got eighteen thousand followers only nine posts.
Speaker 3: No, yea unfollow someone that's someone trying to capitalize on interesting.
Speaker 1: Fame and stuff. Maybe this is her.
Speaker 2: Oh, molecular skincare and supplements leading aesthetics doctor. Now I'll find her. Yeah, that's not good, Barbara For those of you listening to us on the iHeartRadio app, make sure you tap that follow button and allow your notifications. It's Austin's eighty Station one oh three point one, a movie that cost one hundred and forty thousand dollars to make in nineteen seventy four?
Speaker 1: Is now? Is it being auctioned off? Tricia?
Speaker 4: The rights, the IP address, the franchise is up up for auction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a big deal. Interesting, it's the Texas chainsaw massacre.
Speaker 3: I never thought about that business model. Just auction off the rights to let someone else continue this, right right, Yeah, you take your money now exact.
Speaker 2: They'll bird in the hand thing JB. I've learned my lesson on that bird in the hand. Definitely take it when you can so. But one of the big players in this, I don't know how long he'll have time to do it.
Speaker 1: But you said it's Taylor Sheridan from Yellowstone. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They have about eight bidders right now, and Taylor Sheridan is one of them, which is no surprise because he's from Texas.
Speaker 3: Do you just have a whole studio of right, There's no way he can manage all this.
Speaker 2: That's my theory, that's my theory, is that there's more than one Taylor Sheridan.
Speaker 3: There's like he's he's basically becoming a Warner Brothers or paramount, right.
Speaker 4: But there has to be more than one of it can't be him and all that. The other guy who's a well known name who's in the running bidding on this is Jordan Peel. Jordan Peele has either one or two really scary movies that have been very successful. So he's wanting to get a hold of that franchise. As if that's not the same guy as the comedy key in Peel, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But now he's had great success with Like I said, I know for sure one, if not two scary movies.
Speaker 1: Very he don't have Taylor's shared in money. I don't think he who has Taylor shared in money.
Speaker 2: You'd be surprised. But I mean, you're just gonna get out bid if you're Jordan Peele. I mean, I mean you're going up against Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're going endless funds.
Speaker 2: Right, But it'd be fun to see what they would do with it, because have you guys seen.
Speaker 1: That I never got in I'm not a horror guy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's I just hope Tom Cruise doesn't buy it and put himself in there.
Speaker 1: I've about down with Tom a little bit. Really.
Speaker 2: I just the reason I love Tom Cruise is because one, I think he is the last movie star, Like I agree, interesting, I don't think they'll be. He is so good at being a movie star, you know what I mean, Like he's a good actor, right, but he's just does the whole thing.
Speaker 1: He's just a movie star.
Speaker 2: And I don't think there's you know, many people like that left, Like who else would you consider a movie A traditional movie star is.
Speaker 1: No matter what they do, if they're on the marquee, it's a winner. Right. It's not Will Smith anymore?
Speaker 4: Oh the Rock, Dwayne Johnson man, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But they've done interviews with other big name stars asking them what do you think about Tom Cruise, and these people are like, hey, he wants to do it, he can do it. I am more than happy to let my stunt double do the stuff that might break my ankle or cause me to catch on fire.
Speaker 1: Like they're like, ah, more power to him, but.
Speaker 2: No, thank you doing all the stunts himself. And that whole narrative has really elevated him.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. It's a great but I find most annoying.
Speaker 4: It's a lot right now because the mission a possible movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's really milking that scene where the motor that he's on the motorcycle and he goes up that ramp and parachutes. Like how many people jump out of airplanes with parachutes just because you went off of a motorcycle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. I still think it's really does it.
Speaker 4: But now, you know what, maybe do a rom com maybe maybe just like do a normal film where you might not die in it. Maybe that that you almost died in this film is not the draw.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: And Tom Cruise has always said the reason that he's been so successful is because he's been very good at picking his roles, like not not doing crap. He did some crappy movies, but you don't, I mean, not doing the rom cocktail. That's what you're right, Well what I mean, that's what I'm saying. He's done some bad ones, but overall done a pretty good job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know they're talking about bringing back that character less grossman that he did in Tropical Thunder.
Speaker 1: Was that the movie. They don't see that. Yeah, they could never make that movie again.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, they're talking about bringing that character back, like they have been showing him as less grossman doing that crazy dance.
Speaker 1: Is the pissy bald guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that they're talking about bringing it's just as as a snub to the whole woke movement.
Speaker 1: Maybe so maybe so. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Netflix seems to have picked up on that because their most watched thing was the Tom Brady Roast, which was wildly inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Right. I blushed a few times in it, and people like, wow, they loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let's make more stuff like that, right, Netflix, give me a call. I'll tell you how to do things, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's you know, that's what we were talking about.
Speaker 3: Kill Tony's on on Netflix. Move to Netflix, right right, And that's horribly impressive.
Speaker 1: They're really leaning in on.
Speaker 4: It, right Yeah, because it's making them a ton of money. They're like, yeah, I guess some people can get mad we're making a ton of money.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should be more inappropriate. I don't think it works like that on radio. I think we push it enough. Okay, I can't.
Speaker 2: I mean one one comment on a Facebook post and I just shrivel into a ball, you know what I mean. I just I can easily hurt my feelings get hurt very easily.
Speaker 4: I'm still sad that guy wrote in and said that I have a hard g at the end of my words with geez.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've worked for Lance Armstrong for eight years. I can take it off.
Speaker 1: All the comments, the comments, I've seen it all. It's Sammy Show. Hey, thank you very much for listening.
Speaker 2: Make sure you listen to the radio every morning to six until ten on Austin's eighty station.
Speaker 1: What three point one mm