Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: We've already spent insane amounts of money. Do we spend more? Do we front burner more? I mean, the only way to deal with this is to spend a lot more money. And government is certainly limited in the amount of money it takes in LA is at a billion dollar deficit this year. How much more do you pour into homelessness?
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: KFI AM sixty prey were on the iHeartRadio app the one pill handles.
Speaker 4: With the morning team. Oh, I've got a thumbs up.
Speaker 5: I don't know what happened on that.
Speaker 2: We didn't I didn't have programming for a moment.
Speaker 4: Did you have your headphones on?
Speaker 5: No, there wasn't anything in my headsets either.
Speaker 4: I'm just doing the basics here. You cleaned your ears?
Speaker 2: No, okay, lots of wax. Lots of wax in my ears. Ectoplasm comes out of my ears and it tends to block it up.
Speaker 3: You've been approached by record makers LP makers for the amount of wax inside your head.
Speaker 5: That is correct? Okay? Uh, Neil, I'm assuming you opened up the show for us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 3: There was bells, whistles, uh, trumpets excellent.
Speaker 5: Okay, anyway, good morning Neil.
Speaker 4: Good morning buddy. How are you How you took me?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm now aching? Uh? Lindsay took a picture of me yesterday and put it up. It was it was rough. It was a rough oh dust boot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you say it with my pajama bottoms because I couldn't get geens.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just looked, Yeah, I looked at you should put that up by the way on on.
Speaker 5: Our social.
Speaker 4: Is it not? I thought it was.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I know you. I don't put anything up on social.
Speaker 2: So it's a question of you and Lindsey and I think, uh and put stuff up on social.
Speaker 5: So anyway, good morning. You have a Halloween T shirt on, Neil.
Speaker 3: I have my spirit Halloween T shirt. We're knocking on the door of halfway to Halloween.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's May fourteenth. Okay, morning Cono.
Speaker 4: Do you have do you have toes? What did you get surgery on?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 2: I had They had to break my toes, two of my the big toe in the one right next to it. And I have a rod Rod going through it because they were getting all weird and it was it was not.
Speaker 3: We should have auctioned that off. We should go Arenas to break your toes. So much money we would.
Speaker 4: Have raised.
Speaker 5: Quite a bit, I'm assuming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just between me and Amy alone, Yeah, we would have outbid each other.
Speaker 2: All right, in any case, that's true. And uh then, hey, Will, good morning.
Speaker 5: Will, good morning.
Speaker 4: I have a dollar I'll throw in.
Speaker 5: Okay, I noticed a couple couple of things this morning.
Speaker 4: Will.
Speaker 5: I noticed why you're wearing a.
Speaker 2: Blue sweatshirt of some kind to maybe all you know, one color all along with yeah.
Speaker 5: To make it trying to make you look a little thinner. It doesn't work. It's not working.
Speaker 2: Also, good shave this morning too, by the way, Yeah, just all of it. You just look fantastic. Thank you so much. Now let's move over to Amy. Amy had a good shave this morning, Yes I did. Yes, I saw that video of you in Paris. You know you're always so happy in these videos, you really are.
Speaker 6: I'm a happy person.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's vomitous.
Speaker 2: Why don't you do something that gives at least for me and be miserable?
Speaker 7: Uh no, but maybe I'll send something to you, but I'm happy.
Speaker 6: Come on, how could you know?
Speaker 5: Does that sweatshirt say Canterbury?
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 6: We went to Canterbury, England as well.
Speaker 5: Oh Canterbury's great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was great, just great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, went on all that.
Speaker 6: And then Truster actually never went to Canterbury.
Speaker 5: But he wrote about it.
Speaker 6: He wrote about it.
Speaker 7: I learned all those little fun things on a little boat trip down the canals, and then we went over to the White Cliffs of Dover.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 2: Boy, that seems like all the way around a nice trip.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know what she did while she was in Europe?
Speaker 4: Bill she won the eagles in Big Bear.
Speaker 6: I did check on them, of course you did, all right, And who is left?
Speaker 2: I said hello to Kono and good morning, good morning, good morning. Are you working this week over at so far where you don't sleep?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: No, oh, good good. She has a little chance to sleep.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, as usual, just a ton of stuff going on.
Speaker 5: And let's start with the news with Amy Neil and me lead Sorry Psycho killers.
Speaker 2: The men and Dez brothers have been re sentenced to life in prison with parole, which means not only do they have a chance of getting out, they are going to get out. They've done thirty five years in prison, and had they been sentenced to life with parole, they probably would have gotten out of jail's prison. Several years ago, their entire family came and tested fight in their behalf. Do you have people the guards testifying on their behalf and even Nathan Hoffman, the DA who had said no horrible crime, even Key has come back and said it's up to the governor, It's up to the parole board.
Speaker 5: They're getting out. They're getting out. Okay.
Speaker 7: Trump tariffs could cost California billions of dollars. Governor Newsom is projecting the White Houses on again, off again tariffs are going to blow a sixteen billion dollar hole in the budget in the next fiscal year. The Governor's going to talk about this and the drain on the States General Fund when he unveils an updated budget plan.
Speaker 6: That's expected to happen today.
Speaker 7: California had a roughly balanced budget as of January, but officials are saying they now expect to face a deficit of at least ten billion dollars, in large part because of lower revenue estimates connected to the tear.
Speaker 2: You know California by the end of the budget process has to have a balanced budget. It's in the constitution. Can't go into huge deficits. When they talk about a deficit, they have to figure out a way to cover the deficit. And you can't just what the US government does just oh, we're in deficit. Okay, fine, you know, let's raise the national debt. We're done.
Speaker 5: So it's we don't yet know. Right now. The economy isn't doing badly.
Speaker 2: It has picked up all of its losses the market, but the influence the outcome of what these tariffs are doing, back and forth and forth and back and sideways that Trump is doing, and he goes back on his statements. The tariff on China is not going to go away. It's going to stay. I will not move. The next day he comes back and he moves it back. And what's going to happen with business is at this point just the investment.
Speaker 4: We just don't know.
Speaker 5: No one knows.
Speaker 2: Saval and I have we have four containers of stuff sitting in a warehouse in China that we cannot move in at all because we just don't know what the tariff is.
Speaker 6: Well, can't you move it now? Because you know that it's going to be lower.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you know we can't because you have to pay for it in advance, and then it gets on a ship and then moves, and we don't know what.
Speaker 5: The tariff's going to be once it hits the US, no idea.
Speaker 6: How long does it take to get here?
Speaker 5: A couple of weeks, right, So the.
Speaker 6: Tariffs are gone now, So they changed today.
Speaker 5: They yesterday it was one hundred and forty five percent. Today it's sixty percent. It's changing the day.
Speaker 4: No one knows.
Speaker 2: That's and the problem is long term, you've got businesses that are simply they're not going to move. They're just not going to do anything because no one has any idea.
Speaker 3: I think I see all of your under grossly underpaid staff squeezing out a tear for you.
Speaker 4: No, no, that was Cono. He's fine.
Speaker 5: It's not even me.
Speaker 2: By the way, you know how much money I take out of the business, don't you. I've told you that many times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a business. If you don't take money out of it, you're not a partner.
Speaker 5: Well I am a partner, but I don't take money out of it. I don't.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you will walk away from that with nothing.
Speaker 5: That's probably true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's because I've seen your businesses.
Speaker 5: I've done so well with him, all right.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, transitioning to Sean Diddy, Combs, his former girlfriend and R and B singer Cassie returns to the witness stand in the sex trafficking trial today.
Speaker 4: Wow, it just gets worse and worse.
Speaker 3: Colmbs is accused of forcing women, including Cassie, into these drugged up sex parties, the ones that you know we all learned about.
Speaker 4: The freak offs.
Speaker 3: She tests yesterday that she was injured in multiple beatings by Combs and compelled to participate in these freak costs for decades. And you got to love when the lawyers come back and say, oh my, you know, speaking on the behalf of Combs, Yes, my client is horribly violent, but you know he doesn't sex traffic.
Speaker 4: He doesn't.
Speaker 2: Right. Also, the allegations that she brought to the table were so horrific that National News wouldn't even repeat them, saying that they are so horrific that we're not going to broadcast them. Yeah, I don't know where Combs is going. Well, I do know where Comes is going to this one. Yeah, he's going to be in prison for a very long time.
Speaker 7: Siria is probably a big fan of President Trump at this point.
Speaker 6: President Trump kicked off his.
Speaker 7: Trip in the Middle East with a rather surprise announcement that the US plans to lift sanctions on Syria. He also talked about a six hundred billion dollar commitment from Saudi Arabia to invest in the US. The end of sanctions on Syria would be a huge boost. That country has been pretty isolated for decades after civil war, and of course the Bashar al Asad regime, which was toppled last December by the rebels led by current president Ahmed al Sharrah. Trump said he's acting on a request to scrap the sanctions from Saudi Arabia's Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
Speaker 2: And this guy president of Syria, who's a strong man. He took it over in a coup. Ahmed i'll shut ah was connected to al Qaeda, alright, He was connected to al Qaeda, and then he a few years ago separated from them and now has become and is trying to become a leader of a country that's within the world community.
Speaker 5: So big big movens.
Speaker 3: All right, State Farms State Farm has gotten approval to raise insurance rates for homeowners here in California starting in June.
Speaker 4: They refer to this as an emergency.
Speaker 3: Rate hike that was approved as customers are, you know, still baffled and devastated dealing with the wildfires here from January. This is the first insurance company to win approval to do so on this emergency interim pay basis, and they expect to pay seven billion dollars in claims in for the Los Angeles fires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is in addition to their request for a regular increase based on the fact that the fire risk is so much greater. This is specifically as to the insane fires that occurred the wildfires, So you're going to see a whole lot more that bigger checks that are going out to the insurance companies. It's just there's no way around, and people bitch and moan, but you know, what are you going to do? If you want insurance, your house has to be covered and the insurance companies have to have enough money to cover it. So it's getting pretty prohibitive to say the least. We talked a little bit later on about how prohibitive it is in California, just even live here, and some stats that are kind of stunny.
Speaker 6: Target Sinwar.
Speaker 7: Israel says it has targeted H'mas leader Mohammed Sinwar in a strike on a hospital in southern Gaza last night.
Speaker 6: That's according to a senior Israeli official. He became this.
Speaker 7: Sin War became the military group's de facto leader after the Israeli military killed his brother Yah Yah Sinwar last October.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of attacks by Israel. Israel's gone balls of the wall. They just don't care anymore, and they're attacking all of Gaza. And the shame of it is also they are not allowing humanitarian aid, so the Palestinians and Gaza, the Gaysians are on the verge of faminine and dying of malnutrition.
Speaker 4: Isn't that just a straight up war crime?
Speaker 5: Yep, sure is.
Speaker 2: And I don't think Israel cares at this point, much like Hamas doesn't care. Hamas doesn't care about its people. Willing to wipe out ninety percent of its population or have ninety percent wiped out as long as they stay in power and maintain them as a military force. And they said, we're not going to give up being a military force, and effectively we don't care, and Israel, Saiah, we don't care.
Speaker 4: Why doesn't Israel at least pretend.
Speaker 3: I mean, if they're going to bomb the crap out of them anyways, why don't they just let humanitarian aid in.
Speaker 5: That's a good question, and I don't know the answer.
Speaker 2: Well, they're claiming, they're claiming that Hamas is co opting all of the military aid, all the humanitarian aid and use it for its own political and military purposes. But there's no evidence of that at this point. Certainly the humanitarian workers are saying that's not the case.
Speaker 3: But if you're again, if you're gonna bomb the crap out of everybody, just you know, do it on full stomach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Just some insurance news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one are the odds. So this is now the California is Fair Plan. Now, this is the plan. If you're not familiar with it, of last resort, when you can't get insurance from you know, your typical channels or the private companies, you have to go to the state. Now, the Fair Plan is state run. It's an insurance program. It provides strictly fire insurance. That's it to homeowners who cannot get coverage. So some people, some of the victims say from the January fire, say that the state run plan is anything but fair. They're not getting what they need. They're under being undercut, even if their home survived. Yeah, there's box in and issues and stuff.
Speaker 5: There's issue. There's there's two issues with a fair plan. Issue Number one, it doesn't have enough money.
Speaker 2: The private insurance companies who are forced to have enough reserves, they actually have enough money to pay the claims. The California run fair plan doesn't have enough money because well it's California run and the state defines how much money has to go into the fair plan. The other issue is fire. As you pointed out Neil fire damage. What the fair plan is saying that doesn't include smoke damage or toxin damage that is in the area, and that they're going to court on that one.
Speaker 5: Lawsuits are being filed.
Speaker 4: They are fine. This is not the only one.
Speaker 3: No multiple No government are run plans always a great idea.
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes as the last resort you have no change, you have no chance.
Speaker 7: Hall of Fame material Pete Rose and shoelas Joe Jackson may finally be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. It's because Major League Baseball has removed Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe from the league's permanently ineligible list.
Speaker 6: The list.
Speaker 7: The decision by MLB's commissioner Rob Manfred allows Rose to be considered for induction. He said, in my view, once an individual has passed away, the purpose of Rule twenty one has been served. Obviously, a person no longer with us cannot represent a threat to the integrity of the game. Pete Rose was a seventeen time Major League Baseball All Star. He played more games and had more hits than anyone in league history.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a shoe in.
Speaker 2: And I mean, it's a good point that the commissioner said, a lifetime ban pretty well ends with your life. When your life ends, your lifetime ban ends. He is a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. And then I'm going to do this story and kno, you're going to join me on this because you are our baseball maven at seven thirty, and I'll share with you. When I first met Pete Rose, used to hang at the same place and it was just it's a great story.
Speaker 5: It really is I'll share that with you at seven thirty.
Speaker 2: Moving on two people at the top of their game. Yeah, you fly at an Italian restaurant.
Speaker 3: I might add, all right, uh, file this under. If you make something.
Speaker 4: Full proof, they will build a better fool.
Speaker 3: More than one thousand measle cases have been reported in the United States in twenty twenty five. This is according to a CNN taally, So this is only the second year cases have been this high since the disease was declared eliminated What was that twenty five thirty years ago?
Speaker 4: Bill?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so eliminated done, We're bringing it back.
Speaker 3: Experts have said the numbers in the outbreak are a severe undercount because many cases are going unreported. So even these high numbers they think are much lower than the reality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the eagles coming back after twenty five years and give you guess a concert. So the measles are coming back after twenty five years. I wonder how many of these kids and people who have gotten the measles were not vaccinator or were vaccinated. And this is not the anti vax people that are getting the measles. Some are, but this came out of the Mennonite community.
Speaker 5: Where it was.
Speaker 2: They weren't particularly anti vax they just didn't want to do what the government wants them to do.
Speaker 5: They're just not interested. And if the government is pushing measles vaccines, they're not going to do it. It is insane.
Speaker 4: No, but it's the same thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean and at RFK, crazy man.
Speaker 2: RFK has finally admitted in this case that the vaccine is the.
Speaker 5: Best way to protect yourself against the measles.
Speaker 4: Oh good wow.
Speaker 2: As opposed to drinking carrot juice or something crazy that he comes up with.
Speaker 7: Slipping someone out the back door didn't sit so well with a grand jury. A federal grand juries and guided judge in Wisconsin on charges that she tried to assist any legal immigrant escape from her courtroom last month. So Milwaukee County Judge Hannah Dugan is accused of obstructing a US agency and concealing and an individual to prevent an arrest. If she is convicted, the penalty is six years in prison and three hundred and fifty thousand dollars in fines, but those sentences in cases involving non violent offenses are typically much shorter.
Speaker 6: She'll enter a plea tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, This is interesting.
Speaker 2: Her attorney says her unnecessary arrest, asserts her innocence and of course will be vindicated in court.
Speaker 5: As your language babbel, that normally happens.
Speaker 2: They have pretty good evidence that as the Border patrol people came into courtroom, she helped this guy out the door and out the jury door, which people are not allowed in other than the jury and staff. And that seems to be what she did, and that is illegal. You cannot get in the way of a legitimate arrest. Legitimate being a legal arrest, whether you think it's legitimate or it's a different story.
Speaker 5: So I don't know where she's going with this.
Speaker 4: I dout nuts with their political beliefs at this point. Yeah, well, he can't do that as a judge, That's my point. I mean, it's more important than their actual duty. Is just bizarre to me.
Speaker 3: Yep, all right, Well, the House Republicans seem to have misplaced or dropped plans for the new millionaire's tax hike that was in President Donald Trump's Big Beautiful bill doesn't show up, But there are other priorities that he is fixed on and then includes what he's talked about, no taxes on tip and overtime wages, both of which are accomplished via this new tax deductions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which I don't understand. I really don't.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, the president he was going to have a tax on zillionaires, anybody making over what two hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year or two point five million dollars per year, was going to be a new tax bracket.
Speaker 5: And that doesn't fly. That's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: And there's a bunch of different tax stuff going on right now, some good, some bad, some helping Californians, for example, salt on the deduction as to state income tax as well as property tax.
Speaker 5: The deduction may go up. I mean, there's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: But as you said, the big beautiful bill, it's not going to be that big and it's not to be so beautiful. And this is the way it means.
Speaker 5: Committee.
Speaker 2: This committee determines all of this, probably the most powerful committee in Congress.
Speaker 6: Moving on, will Putin be a show or a no show?
Speaker 7: President Zelensky Ukraine says he is going to Turkey to meet face to face with Vladimir Putin this week, but he also said that he has no intention of talking to anyone else other than Putin. US Secretary of State Marco Rubio is going to be attending the scheduled talks in Istanbul. Trump has said he's open to going, but the Kremlin so far hasn't said whether Putin or anyone else was going to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Zelensky's made it really clear, no Putin, no show. It's that simple. I mean, we're there to talk.
Speaker 6: Turkey and uh we're talking in Turkey.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay, I'm misunderstood there.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll see, we'll see if it pans out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Turkey pan Yeah, okay, okay, all right. Google agreed to pay fifty million mac rooneys to settle a lawsuit alleged that the alleging that the search engine giant was racially biased against black employees. The original lawsuit came after a state agency they're known as the California Civil Rights Department in twenty twenty one began investigating Google's treatment of black female workers. So this was reached after mediation.
Speaker 2: Just and you wonder, was the Google just cave because fifty million dollars is nothing to them? Was it because they realized there was something there and to the point of when you have a female who's black, who is strong, that's an angry black woman. When it's a white male, that's just someone who has strength. And their argument not only that kind of culture, but straight out discrimination, not giving not being given raises, not being given promotions because they are black, and it's mediated away. And it's fifty million dollars, which again I mean that they have more than fifty million dollars in change in the in the you know, the couches that are in the waiting room at Google.
Speaker 4: You're talking about four thousand employees. I think in this case, Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, figure that fifty million dollars over four thousand.
Speaker 4: Let me do that for sorry the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I'll get there and I'll get there. Okay, hold on, all right, fifty five fifty million, that's five here you go, divided by four.
Speaker 6: You should have just asked Siri.
Speaker 2: Twelve five hundred dollars each. I should have asked sirih So, okay, not bad. And that's assuming that it's even Stephen.
Speaker 5: And usually where.
Speaker 2: The the performance is more egregious, those people get more money than others.
Speaker 4: Twelve thousand dollars. That's it. That's it and then after lawyer's fees five thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well and me, yeah, if the lawyers get a third of it, I have no idea what the mediator said, whether it was on top of or in addition to lawyer's fees, have no idea. In Texas, okay and real quickly an RFK insanity, We're.
Speaker 6: Probably going to have a whole lot of kids with rotten teeth pretty soon.
Speaker 7: The US FDA says it is starting a process to remove fluoride supplements for kids oh from the market. Of course, florid a mineral that naturally occurs in water, soil, and air. It has been demonstrated to prevent dental cavities and tooth decay, and for decades has been added to water supplies and dental products like toothpaste, But Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior opposed adding it to tap water and claims, without conclusive evidence, the US floridation levels are associated with numerous health issues, including.
Speaker 2: Cancer, including boys testicles not descending. He is completely out of his mind.
Speaker 4: Try and take it out of toothpaste.
Speaker 5: No, he can't do that, But he can take it out of the water supply.
Speaker 2: And now universally Florida is put into water supplies because you've you have kids, poor kids who don't have water filters at home, who don't they don't have a life source system.
Speaker 5: They can't afford bottled water, so they're drinking tap water and they eat.
Speaker 2: And if you don't have fluoride in the tap water, I mean it is a direct correlation. No fluoride increase in cavities. It's not that complicated state by state issue. Can't the state decide whether there's fluoride in the water or not? I don't know, don't know. He's a dude, Yeah he is, and this is fluoride supplements. Maybe this is if a state handled it. I don't think the FEDS can get involved, but I'm assuming that a lot of these floor ride programs are federally funded. That's my assumption. Okay, we're done, guys. KFI AM six point forty.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.