Speaker 1: Lynchintaco, Orlando's rock station one oh one one wjr R. This hour on JARR brought to you by the Battle of the Band, Central Florida Fair. The site tonight fair underway, by the way, and uh JRR has always tied in and great opportunity for a local band to move on if they emerge as the champions in the Battle of the Bands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bands have already been picked and the winner of this Battle of the Bands it's going on all weekend.
Speaker 1: By the way.
Speaker 2: The winner of the Battle of the Bands gets to play opening night at Welcome to Rockville.
Speaker 1: And gets studio time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you're going out to the fair or to the Battle of the Bands, make sure when you're getting your ticket you say, hey, I'm going to Battle of Bands. Want the jar R discount? Save you a couple bucks? Cool again, just tell them I want the jar discount. I'm going to Battle of the Band. It's still at the ticket booth. Yeah, at the Fairgrounds.
Speaker 1: A good time. I'll be out there tonight started six. Uh So this would be a dream come true for me. Mm hmm. You decide to go to I don't go to see movies at the theater very.
Speaker 2: Often, and if he does, he sits in one seat. I have a area that we've already gone over there. It's to have a preferred area of the theater that I sit in. But I also like to go once the crowds have subsided, for you know, if it's a big movie or something, I wait a few weeks because I packed theater.
Speaker 1: Forget it. No, this would have been awesome. This couple decides to go see Captain America Brave New World, which that's been out a couple of weeks now, did very well the opening weekend. But they showed up Tuesday night place called Liberty Cinema, this in Wanachi, Washington. They were the only They had the whole theater to themselves.
Speaker 3: Did they rent the theater the whole thing, Nope, nope, they just were the only two that showed up for this. It was an early Tuesday evening screening, so there just weren't a lot of people that decided to go see that that night. So they're sitting there, they're in there waiting for you know, the movie to start, and the dude, here's some weird noises that sound like they're coming from the roof.
Speaker 1: So he gets up and here's some creaking and popping, and he looks down at his girlfriend. He says, run, oh no. Just as he says, the entire ceiling collapsed. The drop ceiling collapsed, narrowly missing both of them. Okay, good, so it didn't it out. Yeah. So this this theater was built in nineteen nineteen and hadn't been remodeled since the seventies. The drop ceiling had a catastrophic failure, and the owner of the theater says they're working with officials to try to figure out the cause of the collapse. There's like, the quote was, we're really fortunate this didn't happen on a Friday or Saturday night.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, with a full house. Pat Now, two questions. First, is there are they giving them movie tickets for life or something free movies?
Speaker 1: Hope? I have no information to confirm or deny that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, next question you will have an answer to. I don't know which way you're going. That's why I asked, ceiling's falling? You grabbing your popcorn and soda or beer or whatever you bought at the concession.
Speaker 1: It probably wouldn't even think to do that. Now, even though, that's you know, fifteen bucks out the window. Fifteen my ass man, do you want to talk about you know, some of these theaters now with these state of the art immersive sound systems that Dolby at most. I wonder if that had anything to do with loosening things up up there in the old structure.
Speaker 2: Just about guarantee it all that low end base and stuff rattling stuff loose. I don't know how he heard the ceiling they heard popping, I know, but I'm saying with all the trailers and stuff, it hadn't started yet.
Speaker 1: They were just kind of sitting there hanging out.
Speaker 2: He's just you know, loosing up or buttoning and everything. I know how that goes at movies, old school.
Speaker 1: You're ready for the popcorn trick? Uh huh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you're yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna need a collective moment of silence and recognition of Canada's master of burling, who has passed away.
Speaker 2: Don't even know what that.
Speaker 1: Is, neither did I until I read into this some more. You don't know what the term means, but you'll know what it is, and you've seen this is lumberjacks who spin logs, you know on the water that's called burling. I never knew that.
Speaker 2: I think I was watching a competition once. I don't know why Canada has curling and burling. Yeah, wow, it's all unfurling. So the head guy died on their greatest burler. Jubil Wickham, the master of burling in Canada. The impossible task of balancing on a slippery, spinning, floating log for as long as possible without falling off, has passed away at the age of ninety.
Speaker 1: I would not do that burling. Do you just fear.
Speaker 2: No little more than that? Well, it's like my friend tightrope walking on the bike rack in elementary school.
Speaker 1: Remember that this story I told you Every dude right now is just cringing without you even telling you.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna tell it, but good night, Yes he fell and what not?
Speaker 1: Good burling? Mm hm?
Speaker 2: I learned something new every day.
Speaker 1: They said. He had an uncanny sense of balance and ability to outlast opponents, which would earn him ten world championships between nineteen fifty six and nineteen sixty nine. His Guinness World Record still stands today.
Speaker 2: You think that turns Canadian ladies on at the bar oh, if you're a hotshot burler, I don't know is what you're called a burler? I guess so Burlesker, No, you'd have to be in drag or something I'm doing.
Speaker 1: They're not drag.
Speaker 2: But so wait, so do you think I mean, I'm sure the guy is a big beard because Lumberjack Burler. Would the ladies like that, you know, like they like pro athletes here probably so you know.
Speaker 1: He sounds like a man's man. M h God, he's married for sixty seven years. His wife was named Mavus.
Speaker 2: Somebody said, I grew up in Wanaji went to that theater many times. Lucky you weren't there on that Tuesday evening.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, Jubiel Witheim, thank you for your contributions and not only to the world of Berlin, but just to just life in general, society in general.
Speaker 2: Man the legend in your own time.
Speaker 1: Jubial woman in England celebrated her one hundred and fifth birthday by going to a rave. Her name is Hilda Jackson and she didn't have to go far did she partake Her eighty one year old nephew. He heard that she wanted to wanted to have a rave for her birthday. So he got with the retirement home that helda lives in and they threw her a damn rave. I've got some visuals of this on our Facebook page.
Speaker 4: I know everybody there's only you have some decent beats, per Minic going there.
Speaker 2: Taco uh huh, glow sticks. I know you said the visuals, So I'm going to the j R Facebook. Of course, a rave at eleven in the morning, is he raves a rave man? They're still going on like that at eleven. I always like seeing that one just ending. Yeah, when you see people walking down the street who have been at like etc.
Speaker 1: I'm so thirsty.
Speaker 2: You see him walking down you know they're even a e s. You see them walking down the street like still fully roamed out, dressed up and rayed. Oh yeah, wings on, you know, like angel wings and no pants and just's Sunday morning and you're going to church.
Speaker 1: Or even just you know, going to some sporting thing or whatever. Why do they all have binkies around their neck? Happy one hundred and fifth, Hilda you hell raiser you it's no one one double U j R R. Orlando's rock station