Speaker 1: The following segment is brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas. There's only one of them in the universe, and it's so good that readers of the Dallas Warning News have voted Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano Pizzeria of the Year in all of DFW, saying it's the best in all the land.
Speaker 2: Skin Wire folks flocking to Andrews. You know, there's a lot of reasons been but I think the number one reason is they want to try all the different styles of pizza because they've heard about them, right, They've heard Okay, so you guys have the best Chicago in town and the best Detroit, and I've never had this Dallas pizza on and on, So they keep going back because every time they go, it's like, man, this is badass. It's as advertised, and I feel like every time I go, I bump into listeners there. I was there a week ago today President day I went in. Listener was pulling out as I was pulling as like' sup bro, I mean, it's just badass. Once people go, they indoctrinate all their friends. It is the Church of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway.
Speaker 3: All right, good good stuff, but right now, now it's time for this. And now it's time for Basis Sweet Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor Katie Fontweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. All right, channel lights on the case here. Oh heys know them. Yeah. Mac Houston is the guy's name, and he's got a story that's going to center in the town of Plano.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Plano neighborhood is raising the alarm about vandals throwing jars of pickles and other things at homes. This is a problem, they say, has been happening four months. Wfa's Matt Houston spoke with people who say it is starting to do serious damage.
Speaker 6: For a few months now, neighbors have complained to each other about pranksters in Plano. But there's a line between practical joke and crime.
Speaker 7: Very angry, yeah, angry, frustrated.
Speaker 6: A racket woke Andrea and Thomas Landon a little after two Sunday.
Speaker 7: This window up here had a pickle jar thrown through it, and glass was all over the place.
Speaker 6: The family sized pickle jar broke through the double pane window and scratched up the wood flooring. Someone took a chunk out of the landing's front door. Two complete repairs would cost eight to ten grand.
Speaker 7: They could have thrown that jar pickles through our bedroom window and could have hit one of us. That could have been my daughter's room.
Speaker 6: There it was pickles. This weekend, sour kraut. Last weekend, about one and a half miles away, Lance Clemens put up that camera to catch the teenagers who first egged his house in the fall.
Speaker 8: You know, we find it very difficult to sleep most nights, in particular on the weekends.
Speaker 3: Boll okay, hold I stopped. So he said they caught him in the fall, And now we're at the end of February and there's more. So, yeah, good.
Speaker 9: I just want to know what kind of pickles?
Speaker 3: Fair question.
Speaker 10: Also, when he said eight to ten grand, I was like, all right, never mind, No pickle is worth that much money.
Speaker 3: Who sells the glass family pickle jar. That's gonna be like a Costco or Sam's type place, right, You can't get that at the grocery store, the family glass pickle jar. Family, How big is that, like you, oh, assuming like.
Speaker 9: That you can't throw that.
Speaker 2: I would think though, even if you just threw a normal glass jarred break a window, depending on if it's double pained or whatever. Okay, So I don't think that they have to go to Costco and get that. I think that just a normal at the right velocity, a normal glass jar would break a window.
Speaker 1: But this, okay, I remember being a kid and doing dumb stuff. You know, you knock on someone's door and you run away, or run around with a pickle in your mouth, put forks in their yard, or toilet paper in their trees, or you know.
Speaker 3: We we knew some guys allegedly that we were involved in this in any way.
Speaker 1: But allegedly they would always take someone's mailbox and say it's statue, trying to throw it in their pool.
Speaker 3: May or may not have been a girl I was dating in high school.
Speaker 1: Oh, that may have happened a lot like overtime, and I get it that can be annoying, But this is different. This is taking it too far. I mean that literally, you could kill someone if you just happened to hit them in the head with the bottle, you know, a glass jar of pickles.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is no different than Morgan wall and throwing the chair off the balcony of that bar.
Speaker 1: Like, if that hits someone, it kills them. They're dead and you're going to prison for the rest of your life. But I'm like that that's is it just because this is these are young people that are too stupid to understand that this is not this is a major thing.
Speaker 2: They don't understand the consequences for their actions. They just they can't comprehend it or they got you know, fed up, which you know, lose all your inhibitions and all your I don't know, things that keep you in between the rails. And we learned last week that kids aren't drinking that much. Yeah, but dude, you rip a rail of cocaine, you'll tew a pickle jar anywhere.
Speaker 9: I hope they're not doing that. But is this a TikTok trend?
Speaker 3: Well, let's keep this going. Yeah, no, it's a good question.
Speaker 6: Men's put up that camera to catch the teenagers who first egged his house in the fall.
Speaker 8: You know, we find it very difficult to sleep, mostly.
Speaker 3: Because the eggs. He's find it difficult to sleep and up because the eggs.
Speaker 2: You just don't know what's coming at your house and then who you're going to shoot.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, we find it very difficult to sleep most nights, in particular on the weekends, because it's been so consistent over a period of months.
Speaker 6: The cameras didn't stop them from pouring powder on the porch and sending smuckers through the window. Clement says the group has vandalized his home ten times since October.
Speaker 8: They're putting their future in jeopardy. I mean, it's gone beyond.
Speaker 1: It's it's not random houses. It's the same house every time. That's what they're claiming.
Speaker 9: Also, what a waste of great food?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, so this person, you know what, there's just reminded me of what happened to the guy that was holding the Biblical verses in the Satanic Mass on the porch.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah was that in Plano, That was in Carrollton. That was in Carrollton, I believe, but you can know that was in Coppell.
Speaker 3: There's yeah, I don't remember one of the seas. Yeah. Well, because there's a place where we get to where the police have been involved here.
Speaker 6: So Clemens says, the group has vandalized his home ten times since October.
Speaker 3: Okay, now that that's crazy. That's where it's okay to shoot. So and this is the guy who says he has set up the camera so ten times since October.
Speaker 8: They're putting their future in jeopardy. I mean, it's gone beyond just childhood pranks to felonies.
Speaker 6: Plano police aren't yet connecting the incidents at Clement's home and the Landing's hall, but the families say they know of at least two other homeowners in the area who've had similar experiences with unwelcome groceries.
Speaker 7: It's kind of the same, just kind of silliness, you know.
Speaker 8: Young teenage testosterone and stupidity.
Speaker 6: That might explain why they're recording what they do. See the camera flash on in the background. Each family has found videos of the vandalism on social media provided those posts to police in Plano.
Speaker 3: I'm Matt Houston.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, people are posting the vandalism like to celebrate it, and they're still not able to pin it on anyone.
Speaker 3: They said they found them on social media, but that's pretty vague, and I think mac Houston needs to go do a little more work, calling out the reporter. I like it.
Speaker 2: This is a segment we talked about and we need to further development criticizing news.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a reason why this was not on the front page of the WFAA website all day to day. It was on the back channels because I think we're still waiting on more details from this reporter from mac. But this is very much the Matt Howardton story from a couple of weeks ago, where it's like, Okay, you've told it, You've laid out quite a story here. Did Howardton get back to us? But now, uh no, he did yet. But now we're sitting here going okay, so please have it. And there's been ten incidents of this since October, Like, let's get some more reports on the other ten incidents. If they've got the camera set up, what were they doing. Well, now we just know of eggs and pickles and sauer Kraft. That's all we know of.
Speaker 2: That is the worst dish you can serve eggs, pickles and sauer Kraft together.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, real party.
Speaker 1: If my house is getting vandalyzed that often in this violent way, that is really damaging. It's almost like you got to shoot and ask questions later. Absolutely, you know. So it's like you're attacking you so yeah, so it's like you're under attack. So if anybody is in my yard after eleven pm, you're probably gonna get shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But like that's the thing too, where you know, you've got to have the discussion with your kids. You've got to tell them. I know you think it's funny to go toilet paper someone's tree, Like you're in Texas. Yeah, they can come out and shoot you, and you know, maybe they get away with it, maybe they don't.
Speaker 3: But you're in Texas.
Speaker 2: You got shot. You don't get away with it, right, you just die? Like how is this worth it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well, and that's maybe you have to talk with your kids. If what if your kids were being jerks to these other kids at school who were causing some of these incidents that have happened, don't you, Curtis. I'm just like no, No, I'm just saying, look, we don't know the full story here, and I think we need to look in a little deeper. And I would expect more out of mac.
Speaker 1: Houston, you know what. You know what I feel like you're saying you're sitting here watching the news story like it's a football game and you'd like.
Speaker 3: The backup quarterback, backup reporter to come in and finish this game.
Speaker 2: Jobn Panickers, Let me get that t you job and Panicker would have had this, he would have had the case solved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he would have.
Speaker 2: He would have solved it from the third story of a parking garage.
Speaker 3: And Allen, look, I'm trying to belittle mac Houston. He's just a reporter trying to make his way in the world on the weekend, sting backpo No, I'm just saying, how about a little more. I would like a follow up in the next week from our friends over at WFA.
Speaker 2: How big of a cap it do you think he is on there? Well, we all know that Delcas all of it. Yeah, out there cap is five million a year. Delcas makes four point five million a.
Speaker 3: Year against the rest. I think everyone else is working charactruistically. Yeahistically. They promised me a bonus. Let's say it was volunteering.
Speaker 2: The Delcas gets ninety percent of all ratings. Bonus percent is sprinkled around.
Speaker 1: Delkas sits there in the break room and goes, I drink your milkshake like.
Speaker 3: Gosh, do you have to have it all? I actually do people watch because of me? Okay, So I just I do think there's more to come on this story. I do, okay, Christina. I would like to keep my my volume crank though, because it's time this yeld a new feature on the venuskin chet.
Speaker 4: It's time for thirty two pass. Droy did Impact the Probability updates?
Speaker 2: All right, listen to that production value boys, sounded familiar.
Speaker 3: We were up to one point five, then three point five on Thursday, then we dipped under one percent. No, we were up to one point five percent on Friday, and that's when Ben you were gone. But we opened up the conversation too, Are we really gonna do this every day? Is it just gonna change? And the answer is.
Speaker 4: It's time for today's twenty thirty two Astroid Impact Probability updates. Damn.
Speaker 2: Is there any difference in that one and the one you played forty five seconds ago?
Speaker 3: Or is that the same one? Well it was a different take. Yeah, on the sent four takes, I could some of the others. Yeah you were here, Yeah, play the one from tomorrow. Hold on, I'm gont have to put it in my junk email. Yeah, oh you just well hold on, Yeah, I have them though. Okayrus, you'll be able to tell it's very good. This is very good stuff. Right, you can do it to down the radio.
Speaker 4: Twenty thirty two Astroid Impact Probability Updates.
Speaker 3: It's just naked with.
Speaker 4: Twenty thirty two Astroid Impact Probability updates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these ue.
Speaker 4: It's time for today's twenty thirty two Asteroid Impact Probability Update.
Speaker 3: Did you marry the vo up to the music?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's time for today's twenty thirty two Astroid Impact Probability Update.
Speaker 3: Can you play the music back as I would like to hear that too? Idiotic?
Speaker 2: We could get that for the listener. You don't get the listener wants that. The listeners told me they wanted R Peggy eated centspad.
Speaker 9: Are you actually looking for it?
Speaker 3: No, it's the it's an under one percent fantastic. Is that right? We're back down, so it's not even gonna hit us.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, I heard it might hit the moon.
Speaker 11: I hit the theme, let's go to Christina hit the tameame.
Speaker 9: Tell me that I don't know any details.
Speaker 2: It was just told that Elbow went into the crowd of Katie's goal and just shattered it as she came from the what is that called a turnbuckle and just deproyd him.
Speaker 3: This is what happened.
Speaker 1: You were just trashing one reporter, saying you'd like someone else to take it up a notch.
Speaker 3: She just did it to your reporting. Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine if an asteroid hit the Moon and then knocked the Moon off course, and then the Moon crashed into the.
Speaker 10: Earth, and then because there's no like atmosphere in the moon, right so the asteroid can't slow down or anything, just destroyed the.
Speaker 2: Then bam and then the Moon falls right into the Indian Ocean.
Speaker 3: Oh here we're going no.
Speaker 10: Mario carl action.
Speaker 3: That one's pretty good. Oh that's major. Oh now we're settling it in Frazier. I got real pleasant. See what else we got here? Yeah, that's badass. Listen to that build up. That's a heater. God, that that's the one. God that's good.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Put Kendrick Lamar on that right now. So you're saying, uh, see, I thought Steve put the whole thing together. I thought he's like playing keys and everything.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't ask you to do too much, and he was actually playingly.
Speaker 1: Like a court reporter.
Speaker 2: Where do you get all these Those are the worst percussion sounds I've ever heard about this one there.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the news in Jamaica, Kings Talk was SI.
Speaker 3: That was great man. We should do a spot, you know. He said, that'll do it all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, a wild Steve Smith's story that is going to rock your world.