Speaker 1: Five o five at thirty five k r C the talk station, Happy Monday, try to get entoosed. It was a vacation, little Irish music there. It looked like the UH since any the the the parade over the weekend on Saturday, I had a little prieve with the weather God shone down upon and smiled upon the UH Saint Patrick's Day Parade and down then Cincinnati. Fortunately anyhow, maybe you were part of that, don't know. And if you want to call the fifty five case morn sh always welcome phone calls. Maybe something on your mind, you want to talk about what's going on in the world, maybe here locally five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk on five fifty on AT and T phones, fifty five Caresey dot com. And you can't listen live, check out the podcast page. Lots of great stuff going on over there. And of course, as always Brian Thomas here thanking Joe Strecker, the executi producer of the program for lining up guests, most notably last week, A whole bunch of great guests last week. I always enjoy talking to folks and UH today more the same coming up at seven oh five an opportunity for job the Tools Program. Yes, they have got a fundraiser at top Golf. What is a Tools Program? Well to nationally recognized program connecting schools and contractors throughout the Ohio Valley which provides contractors with a pipeline that allows them to get involved with their communities and generate new employees. Lots of opportunities in the trades. And that's one thing you can't you don't have to worry about artificial intelligence the trades. AI cannot fix your sink. Think about that, and great opportunities for really, you know, career employment opportunities. So we'll talk to Nick Smiley, executive director of the Tools Program, at seven oh five, followed by of course it's Monday. Former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati joins a program every Monday at seven point twenty to vent his spleen. We call it this Smither event from Christopher Smithman eight o five. Most every Monday. Today is one of those days. Monday Monday with Brian James. With all this tariff talk, experts say, don't panic. Topic number one, buy so or hold? What to do with a plummeting stock after saying don't panic. And then finally one in three have been a victim of a financial scan. Not shocking considering what we learn from tech Friday's Day Hatter every single Friday. Again, that's a podcast worth listening to if you can't listen live fast forward to eight thirty. Doctor Catherine read a book Fat, Stressed and Sick MSG Processed Food in America's health Crisis. That's good. I'm glad we have more of these folks on regarding fitness and health because I think it's so important that we get our heads around and our our our information based around what's healthy and what's good for you and what is not. Going back to RFK Junior's pledge to do just that, at least get the information out there. Don't issue a band, don't do this. You know it's yeah. If we have, if we're educated, we can make informed decisions. And if you choose to ignore the advice and fine, you may suffer as a consequence of it. But you know, I'm not the kind of guy that wants to take something away from you just because it's bad. Just recognize that there are bad things out there, and your consumption of bad things can lead to bad things happening to you. You know, alcohol is not good for you. But we all, we all saw what happened when we had a constitutional moment banning it. Yeah, people continued to drink and organized crime flourished. Anyhow, I saw this poll and I thought was rather interesting. And we're seeing more and more potential presidential candidates emerge. I know it seems rather early to start talking about a presidential race, but the Democrats need to find someone who emerged from the pile of ashes that was last November's election. And apparently Democrat favorability rating among Americans is at a record low, according to CNN, fueled in part by a dimming view from its own frustrated supporters, said Ariel Edwards Levy of CNN, reporting on its own polling, Democrats and Democratic aligned independents say fifty seven to forty two percent that Democrats should mainly work to stop the Republican agenda rather than work with the GOP to get some democratic ideas in the legislation. Now, the likelihood of that happening, and I recognize its slim. We have a divided country and no one seems to want to work with anybody. I don't know how the Democrats could get whatever ideas they want into legislation, considering the insanity of most of the Democratic ideas. But then again, when you stop and think about it, Democrats should mainly work to stop the Republican agenda. That's the strategy. Well, what is the Republican agenda? Think about that? I think primarily working to get the twenty seventeen tax cuts in trying into law. They've got an uphill battle for that, but they may very well be to get it done. There's about two hundred and fifty days left to do that, according to the countdown ferreting out fraud, waste, and abuse in government. How can anybody be against that? It seems to be primarily what the Republicans are all about these days. Of course, with the Department of Government Efficiency DOGE, and all these revelations about the crazy stuff that we've been paying for, and the fact that even Barack Obama had urged it's great. This is going viral. A twenty eleven video President Obama calling on the federal government to cut wastele government spending in programs, even the ones that a lot of people care about. His words, what everyone knows that getting rid of the deficit will require some tough decisions, and that includes cutting back on billions of dollars in programs that a lot of people care about, said Barack Obama in this fourteen year old, almost fourteen year old clip. Sounds familiar, doesn't it, see part of the Democrats' strategy as well, at one point, and what a bipartisan thing, getting rid of crap. We're in a death spiral. You know, it gets old saying it over and over again. But that's the practical reality of where we are because of government overspending, and some of it's so easy to get rid of, as this Department of Government efficiency is showing us every day. It's part of the Republican strategy. But this has been an old adage for the Democrats as well. Even Barack Obama embraced the idea. He put Joe Biden in charge of it back then. By the way, Obama mentioned the importance of more painful cut stressing though the US government should at least get rid of its quote pointless waste and stupid spending that doesn't benefit anybody, adding that in his words, it's a waste we should be getting rid of even if we didn't have a deficit. No amount of waste is acceptable, he said, especially when it's your money. Just as families are living within their means, the government should too. Wow, lots of remarkable Stevemen a democratic proposition, a democratic idea. Obama even provide examples of stupid spending. Did you know the federal government pays for a website devoted to a folk music ensemble made up for forests made up of forest rangers called Finland Foresters. I'll put their music on my iPod, but I'm not paying for their websites. Amen, Barack Obama, how about all the things that doges identified. I think back then, if you put it in front of him, he probably would have agreed completely and across the board. He also pointed out, we're paying for thousands of buildings across the country that no one uses. Barack Obama twenty eleven. Oh look. Former GSA Government Service Administration had Emily Murphy, speaking of Fox News, said the GSA will be right sizing its portfolio by selling or leasing unused government buildings. I think that there's an incredible opportunity right now for GSA to say the government substantial amounts of money by right sizing its portfolio. Vacant or underutilized federal spaces are all over the place right now, the GSA is loose using money. The federal building that they own have over that buildings that they own have over three hundred and seventy billion dollars in deferred maintenance. That's a liability that's just growing and growing because the buildings haven't been maintained. So getting rid of own space that hasn't been maintained, that isn't occupied, first of all, takes that off the government books and gets rid of that liability. So Barack Obama apparently didn't do anything about it back in twenty eleven when he promised to do exactly that. It's still there. Is it okay to do it now? Or a Democrat's going to resist because well, it's under a Republican administration. Stop the Republican agenda. That's what it's all about. That's the platform. If the Republicans propose it, then we will stand against it, even though it is an apolitical, bipartisan practical approach getting rid of, for example, excess government buildings. Contrasting the current demands by the Democrats in other words, fight the Republican agenda fifty seven to forty two rewind to is September twenty seventeen the CNN. Same CNN poll found seventy four percent majority of Democrats and Democratic leaders so their parties should work with Republicans in an effort to advance their priorities. Only twenty three percent advocated a combative approach. Time's changed, don't they? I suggest this is part of the Trump arrangement syndrome. Trump living rent free inside all these Democrats had. He's been characterized as this evil human being, so whatever he says and proposes is immediately perceived as bad. Is that a party platform, especially when you note that these really practical solutions to some of the problems we face by way of government spending have no political stripe. Are there really Democrats out there that don't want to unload unused, empty office buildings that we're paying for? Is that a dumb idea? And if so, please explain to me why should we continue funding shrimp on treadmill studies that don't see the benefit anybody shipping billions and billions of dollars overseas for stupid programs that more than likely aren't even being done puppet shows in Iraq or whatever. You know. I mean, I've lost there's so much craziness. I've lost track of the proposals or the programs that had been funded, those USA programs, for example, among Americans overall, not just Democrats, because I guess the CNN broke them down. Among the American public overall, the Democratic Party's favorability ratings stands at ready twenty nine percent, described as a record low in CNN's pulling back to nineteen ninety two, and a drop of twenty points since January twenty one. Now, for its part, Republican Party ratings stands at thirty six percent, So not a tremendous this, you know, overwhelming improvement over the Democrats, but it's still better, I think, just a general reflection that well, we all hate politicians. Just sixty three percent of Democrats and Democrat leaning independence report a favorable view of their own party, a dip from seventy two percent in January and eighty one percent to start at Joe Biden's administration, favorability ratings from Democrat Party failing, falling rather by eighteen points. Among liberals and moderates, alike. Since twenty twenty one, seventy nine percent of Republicans and Republican leaders currently take a positive view of their party, turning the independence just independence, nineteen percent rate Democrats favorably, twenty percent rate Republicans favorably, So the Independence pretty much uniformally dissatisfy with both of the both of the parties. What's the solution, what is the directive? What is the direction? The Democrats are going to go full on liberal, full on liberal or are they going to be a little bit more reform minded and try to become the party of the moderates to recapture those working class, middle class folks that the Republican Party appealed to in the most recent election. It's an interesting challenge the Democrats face right now. Five eighteen fifty five Karacy de Talk stations stick around, plenty more to talk about coming up, and of course the stack is stupid at five point forty after the bottom of the hour news, I'll be right back five two fifty five Casey Detalk station. Thank you. Keith made my morning. Just got an email from him this morning. Right about just a few minutes, I guess it's almost six pm here getting back to our rooms, and I'm going to turn on the show along with a photograph from his hotel room showing Mount Fuji. He's in Japan and he's listening to the fifty five KRSDY Morning Show. Joe Strecker, we've gone global. That's cool. Good morning, Keith. Safe travels to you, my friend, and thank you for making my morning. Chip over to the phone. See what Tom's got this morning? Tom, welcome to the Morning show. Oh, good morning, Oh my god, where in the hell have you been?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's that Tom.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was hoping.
Speaker 2: So how you doing, Brian?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well. How have you been, my friend? It's been so long since you called with your message. I miss it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, too too long. I'm winding down this job. I'm working on the the new practice facility for the Houston football team.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've been around campus and seeing it. So it'll be a cool project when it's done. But I can't wait to get off of it. So yeah, double things, Yeah, a couple of face to get off my chest.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 4: I can't stand these freaking Canadian geese. At what point can we start getting rid of them? At what point are they no longer engager species or something. They're nothing but a freaking nuisance. So yesterday I'm at I'm at a restaurant and uh, down down this one window, this guy is like taunting these these two geese are outside the window of the restaurant and he's like he's inside and they're outside and he's taunting them, and they're not backing off. They're like fighting at the glass. And if you went out the door right there where the geese are, there's just geese crap all over the sidewalk. At some point we got to be able to get rid of these stupid things. They're nothing but a nuisance. They don't only do is make a mess getting away, and you're not allowed to mess with them. I don't I don't think that's right.
Speaker 1: Just put a terriff on them, put a terror.
Speaker 4: Yeah, put the terrafle the south. That a Canadian border is going to cost some Canadians some big money.
Speaker 1: Can you eible?
Speaker 4: You know what My wife and I were talking about that. I think somewhere somebody eats keeethe. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I've I've dined on goose before and it was quite luscious and yummy. We had it for U. I think a Christmas one year my mom did roast goose and I thought it was great. I mean, come on, that's in a Christmas Carol, right, It's been happening for years and years.
Speaker 4: Yes, I guess, Brian, I personally have never had goose. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it, but I just never have. And we you know, we we do have a lot of extra people in this country who need to be fed, and we got all these extra birds that are around that are nothing but a nuisance. I don't know. Two plus two equals for it just seems to make sense to me. So anyway, the other thing that that's been aggravating me lately is the flippant use of the word perfect. You talk to somebody like customer service, and you know you're telling them, you know, they're asking you for information, and you're telling him your name and you're stelling it for him and your address and everything is like perfect. Perfect. Now it's not perfect. If it was perfect, I wouldn't be having to talk to you to get a problem solved. There's nothing perfect about this. This flippant use of the word perfect is just irritating the crap out of me. If it was perfect, believe me, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now with customer service dealing with this problem. So stop using the word perfect. Oh and by the way, people forget it.
Speaker 1: Tom a great day, right, take care of Tom. It's been months since we've heard from Tom, and he does Canada Geese, and the use of the word perfect to go off on a tear on. I'll take it anyway, it sliced, Tom. It's always good to hear from you. It's five twenty six. You can feel free to call as well hundred eight hundred and eighty two three talk or hit bound five fifty if you have an AT and T found to be right back with local stories. Channel nine Weather forecast. Time's gonna ultimately turn sonny at some point. Seasonal temperatures high fifty four overnight, the sky is drying thirty nine. It's going to be sunny tomorrow, seventy for the high overnight, a few clowns and a fifty two low. And on Wednesday, warm but windy day, rain shown up late in the day and a high of seventy two thirty seven degrees. Right now, at fifty five KRCD talk station five twenty nine. I try to have a happy Monday. Let us see here jump it over to local stories. Feel free to call though if you prefer to talk, that'd be okay with me. Beyond that, let's jump into the local stories. Molly shram over at CPO reporting forty seven year old man dead after an early Sunday morning crash happened in Bondhill, corn in the sin Sat Police Department, which said the crash took place at ten fifty five Laidlaw Avenue about five thirty in the morning. Forty seven year old man police haven't yet identified driving a Lincoln eastbound on laid Law. He crossed the center lane struck a two thousand and four hond A pilot that was going westbound. Forty seven year old transport to uc Medical Center, where he died as a consequence of his injuries. Driver of the Honda, fifty nine year old woman and a thirty seven year old man as a passenger, both had thankfully non life threatening injuries in the crash. They also taken U see Medical Center since they please said it's investigating both excessive speed and impairment as contributing factors. Forty seven year old who died also not wearing a seat belt. Both in the Honda did have seat belts on. CBD is asking any witness to the crash to please contact the traffic unit. Five to one three three five two. Twenty five fourteen, a woman was shot at Smel Riverfront Park on Friday night. According to sin Sint Police, they were called a Smell Riverfront Park near Joe knoxall Way about eleven pm. Twenty one year old woman was shot in the leg taken to the hospital with non life threatening injuries. Officers said they arrested a twenty one year old name Nicole Smith in connection with the shooting. Have un kind of municipal complaints, says. The witnesses and victim reported to police that Smith was shot the victim after an altercation. Fox nineteen reporting court document say she's facing one kind of filonious assault and a judge center bond at fifty thousand dollars not in courtroom A correct Joe. Officers are still investigating these shooting. Oh, let's jump and see what Pete's. God rather talk to you than read the local stories. But see what a pete. Thanks for calling this morning. I hope you're having a happy Monday.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Brian.
Speaker 6: Two quick things I saw. I think it's Minnesota. The lawmakers are trying to codify Trump derangement syndrome as an official mental illness in that state. And as far as geese, a lot of people hunt them and eat him.
Speaker 2: But they're nasty, they're strong.
Speaker 6: You have to cover them up with a.
Speaker 2: Lot of seasoning to be able to stomach.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well that's not all geese. I suppose farm raised geese is probably what Christmas. That's a different thing. They're not as gamy, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, game me, but the watter ones are really gamy. A friend of mine made a bunch of like deuice trail bloney, and I'm telling you it was nauseating.
Speaker 1: Well maybe maybe brianing them for a substantial period of time might help it.
Speaker 6: Would you have to take make efforts to get rid of all that gaming nasty. It's getting really grease, that's what you mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yeah, well, appreciate the heads up on that. I've always questioned, you know, wondering sort of in my head whether those things are edible, and kind of assumed they weren't because you hadn't heard about people eating Canada geese. So confirmation from Pete Pat Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 7: Happy Monday, Well, happy Saint Patrick's day, Brian.
Speaker 8: I love hearing Tom this morning. I never heard him on a tear. He's great. That's one thing I wanted to say. I have been noticing a keen Jeffries uh being kind of pushed up the ladder, and I got the thinking Chucky Schumer is now being thrown under the bus AOC and I thought, I wonder if Chucky gets put out, they're going to put a keen in his place. But I thought, you know, Bobby Kennedy, Eric Adams, all these different Democrats who opened their mouth and complained basically are being thrown under.
Speaker 1: So Joe pointed out. Joe did point out that Jeffries is a member of the House of Representative, is not a senator, so he's not eligible for the role.
Speaker 8: Okay, So but anyway, all I can say, and I agree with Tom, don't vote get honey.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Apparently they did a poll among Democrats who is favored for the presidential nomination Number one. I think it was the CNN poll where they were asked an open question with a blank line, who do you think should be should should lead the party into the next presidential election. Number one, The only person to receive double digits at ten percent Alexander Okazia Cortes, and I say good luck with that. I suppose that would ultimately mean Alexander Ocasio Cortez against jd Vance. Anyhow, five point thirty five fifty five KRC the Talk station. If she had any traction that would really frighten me, I mean really frighten me. We got more to talk about. Stack is Stupid coming up next, so we can stick around for that. I'll be right back.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 10: Have you ever wondered of your pet?
Speaker 1: Thirty nine on a Monday, and a happy one to you. Fools and their money are soon parted a couple of weeks ago. I read it in the Stack is Too But of course some idiot paid eighty seven forty dollars for a cheeto shaped like a Pokemon figure charizard. Whatever. Pokemon cards in and of themselves represent an illustration of fools and their money being soon parted. Anyway, we now have the auction side Golden decided to put a Michael Jordan esque snack up for auction, described as the Jumpin' Cheeto. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. As of the time of the reporting, current bid show a highest bid at two hundred and seventy five dollars according to the web The auction side Golden e Cheeto is in a three inch case to protect it from the air. In the description, the reverse of the case is designed like a collectible card, highlighting Jordan's accomplishments from his illustrious career. The cheeto itself is positioned against the backdrop of the iconic photograph that inspired the world renowned logo. Apparently, you have some number of days left before the auction closes. If you are interested in bidding beyond the current auction price, I would say maybe it's time to get some counseling. Last year, along the same lines, this is the quote from the article, Well, this is one of the more unique pieces of jordan memorability to go for auction. Anything associated with him can fetch lucrative prices. Last year and Autograph two thousand and three four logo man card sold for two point nine two eight million dollars. I don't know what planet I'm on. That is a correct statement. Go to Florida and why not as a tradition, it's attack of stupid. Florida woman charged with domestic battery for allegedly throwing a watermelon at her boyfriend, who happily dodged the airborne fruit. During what it is described as a verbal confrontation. Shelley Hardwick, fifty one, allegedly picked up a whole watermelon and threw it in the direction of the victim of Cord. To the police report, Amen Joe, fifty six year old man quickly moved out of the way of the incoming watermelon. I love the smoking guns, reporting, the weight of which is not disclosed. In the arrest Affida, Hardwick told police she threw the watermelon only out of frustration, denied throwing it at her boyfriend's direction. Bought arrival at the Paris residence, described as a motel in Dundon, Gobs noted there is a watermelon seeds on the victim's face and clothing. H Hardwick arrested for domestic battery misdemeanor. After spending a night in Joe. She was released from custody on her own recognizance. Judge directed Hardwick, who's pleaded not guilty, to have no connection with the victim. Additionally, the judge ordered Hardwick to be outfitted with an ankle bracelet that monitors are you ready? That monitors alcohol consumption? What editorial decision by Joe Strecker to place this into the stack of stupid as opposed to one of the local stories having to go at Governor of Wine are you today? Joe governed to Wine asking Donald Trump to move NASA's headquarters to Cleveland. He sent trumple letter Dwine Center trumpet letters shared Saturday on the Governor's Facebook page and other social media accounts. NASA's lease on the current building in Rushington, d C expires in twenty twenty eight. Florida and Texas olscove also vying for the Space Agency's headquarters, primarily because I think they're approximately located next to oceans or gulfs, as the case may be. Quote as Governor of OHIOM writing to strongly recommend the National Aeronautics and Space Administration headquarters be located to the NASA Glen Research Center. This is an optimal time to move the headquarters out of Washington, DC area, take advantage of a much more economical location and gain significant efficiencies through co location with a vibrant NASA Research center. Ohio is the birthplace of aviation, he wrote, the heart of America's aerospace industry and a critical hub for advanced technology research and manufacturing, including the Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton and Ohio's newly designated Hub of Aerospace and Defense Innovation in Youngstown. Said the move with align with you MINAE Stration's effort to decentralize federal agencies. Cleveland, home to NASIGUN Research Center, offers a significant lower cost living and operates expense and operating expenses than Washington. It would result in substantial savings for tax players, he claimed, while maintaining access to world class aerospace research and development resources. Stacker stupid for that one, Joe editorial comments from Driss Trecker. Joe Biden even thought that it was a stupid idea. Stranger things have happened. Keep your popcorn out. What's the betting line for that? Going through Joe? They got that on the betting websites. Five to forty five fifty five KRCIT detalk station imaging can be affordable if you go to affordable imaging services of your echo cardiograms, MRI, CT scans, ultrasounds, lung screenings, and cardiac scorings a mere fraction, I mean a tiny fraction what the hospital imaging departments are charging. So echo cardiogram first off, they you can get you right in. You may have to wait weeks or even a month or so to get into the hospital imaging department. So I've been told it will cost you thirty five hundred dollars maybe more. You have to pay separately for the board certified radiologist support. In most cases it's just dang expensive tons overhead. But it is a great profit center because most people don't realize there is a choice in medical care. You don't have to go where your hot doctor says to go. The hospital system that presumably owns their practice keeping the money in house. So don't pay thirty five hundred dollars. Affordable imaging service is an echo cardigram five hundred dollars without enhancement eight hundred width and they'll get you right in. MRIs. Same kind of deal. Thousands and thousands of dollars and over at Affordable Imaging Services and MRI four hundred and ninety five. Same thing goes across the board for all the images. You can get all the pricing and details and information at Affordable Medimaging dot Com. Expect low overhead, but the same kind of equipment hospitals use, operated by professionals have been doing it for decades, and every image comes with the price the board certified radiologist report. You and your doctor will both get that back within forty eight hours of the image to reach them. Five one three seven five three eight thousand, seven five three eight thousand again online Affordable Medimaging dot Com.
Speaker 7: Fifty five krc the talk station in this week's Marketers Report.
Speaker 1: Got KRCV talk Station Happy Monday, going back to what planet I'm on? I don't know that this bill was even ever necessary. It sounds like something you'd read in a Babylon b article, which is all satire. Funny stuff too. Kfox TV in San Antonio reporting that the House Bill Number forty eight fourteen in Texas, known as the Forbidding Unlawful Representation of Role Playing in Education aka FURRIES Act, introduced into the the Texas House of Representatives by Representative stan Gerditz. Proposed piece of legislation aims to target students who exhibit quote any type of behavior or accessory displayed by a student in a school or district other than behaviors or accessories typically displayed by a member of the Homo sapien species. Prohibition extends the surgical or superficial means of features that are non human, such as tails, leashes, collars, other accessories designed for pets, fur other than naturally occurring human hair, or a wig made to look like human hair, artificial animal like ears, barking, noowing, hissing, and or animal noises not indicative of human species, licking oneself for the sake of grooming, using a litterbox, for passing the stool, passing of stool, urine, or other human byproducts. Exceptions carved out school mascots in certain theme days, which apparently Texas public schools can have five of those. Bill also outlines that quote allowing or encouraging the child to develop a dependence on or belief that non human behaviors are socially acceptable us quote in an educational setting constitutes child abuse, and if educators are found to support these tendencies and violation of the Act. The attorney gentlemen find the district twenty five thousand dollars are up to Governor. Governor Abbot apparently, in a recent interview, raised concerns that kids go to school dressed up as cats with litter boxes in their classrooms, although local news there says there have been no confirmed instances of educator schools or school districts permitting or providing litter boxes to students to use in the state of Texas or anywhere else in the country. I seem to have read that they allowed that for reasons unknown to me. Are you blanking kidding me? Nope, not kidding it. I can't believe that it's allowed or permitted anywhere, quite honest with you. We've go to Louisville, Kentucky High School. Special education teacher there has been arrested following accusations of abuse in the classroom. Jamison Woods been charged with criminal abused, two counts of harassment with physical contact, and official misconduct. Criminal complaint says the first incident happened in January this year Odham County High School. Woods with a small group of special needs of students when she allegedly started demonstrating crisis prevention intervention holds on a fifteen year old with autism for in the words of the complaint, no justified reason. Court documents say the student was not bothered by the whole but asked Woods for a hug afterward. Woods then allegedly denied him, saying, quote you have nasty germs close quote. Woods then went towards the cabinet went while the student followed and asked for another hug. She then allegedly grabbed a can of aerosol spray cleaner and sprayed his face. Joe, I think we've got an award to give out, Woods reported to me, within a foot of the student, and she moved the can around as it sprayed. Students' classes blocked the spray from getting in his eyes. Next reported incident January thirtyth police said Wood threw a yoga ball at a fifteen year old mentally disabled student and a fourteen year old student with multiple disabilities, both allegedly hitting the head multiple times. The classroom eight saw the incident. Oldham County School said in the statement, we were made aware of the allegations of owning a teacher at OHS back in January, the teachers immediately removed from the school and placed on leave on investigation led by OCPD took place. Teacher has not been back on campus since the allegations were brought forward. We continue to cooperate with the ongoing investigation and are committed to the safety and well being of our students.
Speaker 11: Perios, the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies. There's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche dom.
Speaker 3: Good going doues.
Speaker 1: Your dreams have come true. No kidding. Five fifty five five care City Talk Station Planet talk About in the six o'clock hour. I will be happy to take your phone calls if you care to call five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talking pound five fifty on AT and T phone. Don't go away.
Speaker 3: Covering Trump's first one hundred days, every day, every day, Promises made, promises kept. Fifty five krs the talk station The New I heard a.
Speaker 1: Nephew Sat Patrick's day. Uh you feel free to call. My Name's Brian Thomas hos to the fifty five KRSEE Morning Show five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phone. Today, the fifty five KRSE Morning Show went global. I mentioned earlier in this in this program that Keith sent me a message. He's in Japan. He sent me a picture of Mount Fuji out of his window, he said to me, listening to the morning show. He chimed in, he said, I haven't seen anyone dressed as a cat here, referring back to my furries article, the legislation in Texas that would ban people from being furries in schools. I just thought it was funny because I would have figured Japan is like the one place you'd be certain to run into someone dressed like a cat. Maybe I have a misconception about our friends in Japan. Anyway, before I get into other areas of the news, let's see what Bobby's got this morning. Bobby, Happy Monday to you, Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Happy day of the Green Man, my friends.
Speaker 1: St.
Speaker 2: Patrick's Day, right, I have a question for you. Most of the time, you always celebrate a person's death, but on St. Patrick's Day, you celebrate to or his birth, you celebrate his death.
Speaker 1: Belief.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that's kind of strange and morbid.
Speaker 1: I suppose it is. It's also a day when everybody can be irish and there is no such thing as cultural appropriation on St. Patrick's Day.
Speaker 2: Maybe out there Washington Park they'll have their fountains green.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's I guess possible.
Speaker 2: There's still biting money left for skate parks and everything else.
Speaker 1: I didn't see a single thing in the news about the shooting that you mentioned. You called me over the weekend to say there was a shooting at the gun show. Not a single sentence word or utterance about that. Is that? Did that actually happen or were you misinformed?
Speaker 2: No, it actually happened. I had a friend of mine run out of there. He said when he heard the shot, he just took off run and he said he'd find out the information later. But apparently three individuals got wounded by one shot.
Speaker 1: You'd think that would make the news locally.
Speaker 2: It should. You've had an article in the Scio the Times about it. Oh really, that was the only thing I saw? Yes, how about that?
Speaker 1: Well, just thought i'd follow up with it because I did look for it after you and I talked, I searched for it a couple of times and couldn't find anything. So anyhow, anything else on your mind today? And Bobby, that's it my average one. He did the same, a sure thing. And Bobby's got my direct dial.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Another point. I started out this morning with a CNN poll saying the Democratics party's favorability rating is at a record low. Even among Democrats. They not quite sure where to go other than they should work to stop the Republican agenda, which is I guess, in some respects consistent with the Barack Obama agenda. Going back to his announcement about cutting government spending back from twenty eleven, a video which has gone viral. Joe Biden was putting in charge of that one. So so we can say that that's bipartisan cutting fraud, waste, and abuse, stupid spending that doesn't benefit Americans out of the government. And how about this one, What else the Republicans doing or what is this administration doing that the Biden administration did not deporting illegal criminal aliens. Accord a new Tip Insides poll released by a nineteen percent margins Americans back broad mass deportations of all illegal aliens by fifty six percent to thirty seven percent. According to Steve Cortez, who what was the one response were behind this Tip Insides poll, He said, in a country that's politically polarized or most issues break down to forty seven forty seven along party lines, kind of margin on a controversial topic like immigration points to an emergent consensus in the country. M how about that support for deportation or criminal illegals? Criminal illegals number the first point fifty six to thirty seven was all illegal aliens. When it comes to criminal illegal aliens, widespread consensus that they should be kicked out if the illegal alien is a criminal record in the United States or their home country. Deportation is a plus sixty five percent. Among registered voters, seventy nine percent are in favor of it, only fourteen percent are against. Smaller upset a senior citizen nearly unanimous. Senior citizens say ninety four percent approve of deporting criminal aliens compared to four percent who are against it. Subset of former Vice President Kamala Harris. Voters give deportation the criminal illegal aliens their approval as well. Seventy one percent huh and you know, I have to go back to the first poll. Democrats say stop the Republican agenda fifty seven to forty two. That is exactly what they want. Rather than working with the GOP to get something accomplished along what they want, fight the Trump agenda, which would include deporting criminal illegal aliens. Not a winner among Hispanics, sixty nine percent say deport criminal illegal aliens. And he turned to independent voters eighty percent say deport criminal illegal aliens. Hm, the pollsters said, so, why have Americans moved so aggressively toward Trump and in favor of strict law enforcement regarding immigration? He cited three reasons. First, Biden's border hoax, claiming ad nauseum that he actually wanted law in order, but needed new congressional action to secure our country. Now that Trump has secured the border only weeks into office, the fullness of that crass prevarication is laid bare before the country. That is a noteworthy point. Over and over again, they kept saying Trump stopped the legislation they would have prevented this. We need new legislation on immigration now. Actually you don't. Second the economy, he cited an influx of millions of unvetted, unwelcome migrants, put massive additional strain on that predicament of affordable apartments and homes, and finally, public safety. Horrible cases of totally preventable violence clearly moved Americans who understandably worry about crimes that would never happen if illegal alien perpetrators were not allowed in this country. Margin of era two point four percent, so well within any marchin affair on that one, they got to pivot over to California along the same lines. Look I wrote Castle Doctrine and Second Amendment on the top of the article headlines Migrant gangs put on notice after a string of home burglaries. What is described as a bipartisan group of lawmakers in California asking the heart Department of Homeland Security to remove Chili's status on the Visa Program waiver or waiver program because of the burglary risk the Chileans are posing. Representative Young Kim, Derek Tran, Dave Min, Mike Levin of California Sinelearty DHS asking that ChIL be taken off the list. That list allows citizens from certain countries to visit the United States for about three months without a visa quote. We are concerned about the VWP. This waiver program continues to be exploited by South American theft group, a majority of whom originate from Chile. Known as burglary tourism, certain eligible individuals travel to the United States through the VWP for the purpose of committing residential and commercial robberies before returning to their country of Oregon origin. That's in the letter obtained by Fox News. The letter goes on, in addition having an impact on familial communities, these South American theft groups continue to victimize Orange County companies and entrepreneurs, placing a burden on our local police departments, already beset by a lack of resources and staffing deficit that would probably be a result of the defund the police movement. In twenty twenty four, they wrote there were fifty nine residential burglaries suscepted expectator of being committed by these satgs these groups in the Orange County Sheriff Department Southeast Patrol area. Given the threat to public safety, we believe immediate action must be taken. That's reported that this burglary tourism practice has become relatively common in communities throughout the country, including affluent areas in Orange County, California, Scottsdale, Arizona, oh And Travis Kelcey from the Kansas City Chief had it coming and had it evented his place, as well as Joe Burrow here in Cincinnati theft victims when they were out of town at games. Previous letters sent by these representatives asking the Biden administration to take a similar action back in June of twenty three, warning that these groups will sometimes sell stolen goods online to launder money through Chinese crime syndicates.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Biden administration put on notice by some of his own kind. Orange County Distric's attorney, Todd Spitzer said, every other South American country that has participated in the past has been kicked out of the program for sending their criminals into the United States of America. Those Chileans have been coming here for years. They're going to Orlando, Florida, where Disney World is. They're coming into Orange County, California, where Disneyland is, and they're not here to visit the happiest place on earth. They're here to burglarize. Well, if California wasn't so strict with gun control, maybe had a castle doctrine. They might learn their lesson and not take chances and break into people's homes. Just saying six sixteen fifty five k SE detalk station. Feel free to call, and also a recommendation to call Colin Electric for all your residential electric needs. The experts at Colon Electric will take great care of you. Customer service couldn't be better. License electrician doing the job at the right price. And speaking of price, apparently there were code changes that were implemented spring of last year that have driven the cost of a service upgrade through the roof and Andrew calling the team at Colin Electric answering that with a special twenty percent discount on a new service installation for your home, twenty percent off the total job costs can save you a heapload of money. It's called the Power Up your Home sale. So you get savings on the service upgrades from Colin Electric all the way through the end of April. So act and by April thirtieth and you get the twenty percent off the uh installation of new panel and service entrance entrance equipment for your home above or below ground service up to four hundred amps or less and it extends the breaker panel and main service upgrades only. Plus you get that ten year Culm Electric warranty which comes with anything Culin does for you in your home. Give them a call five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two A plus the Better Business Bureau online. You can also schedule appointment there. Cullen c U L L E N Cullenelectric, Cincinnati dot Com.
Speaker 10: Fifty five krc our iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: The music awards are twenty one.
Speaker 1: If you have Carcdtalksation five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk Con five fifty on eight and T phone. So that applies to everyone who has not perturbed and angered Joe Strecker. He keeps a list uh furthered immigration thing. Donald Trump invoked the Alien Enemies Act of seventeen ninety eight to boot out gang members, notably the Venezuela and Trade de Iragua gang members. So on Saturday issued a presidential proclamation invoking this act to speed up the deportations of the Venezuelan nationals who are fourteen years or older, who are members of the gang trade d Arragua and who are not citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States illegal immigrant gang members specifically, so before you issue the proclamation. Apparently, lawyers for five of the detainees being processed for deportation fouled a lawsuit to stop the President's deportation practice in front of US District George Judge James Boseburg, US District Corps for the District Columbia, who issued an order barring the deportation of those five specific plaintiffs for at least the next couple of weeks while the legal proceedings continue. Then later on Saturday evening, the same judge returned issuing a second order granting a class action certification to all non citizens who would otherwise be subject to Trump's presidential proclamation booting them out under the Alien Enemies Act of seventeen ninety eight. Lawyers from the ACLU and Democracy Forward Is filed the complaint challenging the legality of his invocation of this Alien Enemies Act, noting that the seventeen ninety eight law has only ever been invoked on three prior occasions. The War of eighteen twelve World War One and World War Two. I don't know that that necessarily limits its application in other times, even though we're not in a declared war now. The plaintiffs claim THEE and Alien Enemies Act plainly in their words, plainly only applies to warlike actions that go on, saying it cannot be used here against nationals of a country Venezuela, with whom the United States is not at war, which is not invaded in the United States, and which has not launched a predatory incursion in the United States now. In his proclamation, though, Trump says the Venezuelan government has gradually ceded more of its authority to the terrorist group Trade the Aragua and other similar transnational criminal organizations, resulting what the proclamation referred to as a hybrid criminal state. If they're facilitating these folks coming into our country, if they are emptying their jails or cleaning out their neighborhoods to get rid of their gang problem, and sending them here, then one might construe that as potentially an active war, I can or at least something that falls under this act. Trump's proculation states evidence irrefutably demonstrates that TDA has invaded the United States and continues to invade, attempt to invade, and threaten the invade the country, perpetrated irregular warfare within the country, and use drug trafficking as a weapon against our citizens. Now, Trump reached out to the Venezuelan government or the l Salvadorian government, offered them six million dollars to imprison three hundred of these train de Airagua suspects and two more individuals suspected of ties the Salvadorian Transnational Gang MS thirteen. Bozburg said at the Saturday evening hearing where he issued the second order, I do not believe I can wait any longer and required to act. A brief delay in the removal does not cause the government any harm. Meanwhile, these gang members were on a deportation plane already in international waters. Bozburg ordered the deportation planes that were already in the air to turn around, which the administration said, now they're in international waters, so it's too late. And the planes did touch ground, and the El Salvadorian government has taken them and placed them into their prison facilities. So not quite sure if that represents some sort of constitutional crisis, but at least they're out of the country six twenty five Right now fifty five KRC DE talk station. Your home deserves the best care. Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove is right there to provide it before the spring showers come. You need to take advantage. They got any special going on, the Spring Special, which is a free exterior evaluation. This is where your water damage would show up. So protect your chimney from water damage. Book your appointment at two four eight ninety six hundred, give them a call two four eight ninety six hundred. It's easy to book an appointment online. Make sure your chimney is not leaking. There could be damage going on that you have no idea about, and the experts at Chimneycare Fireplaces that will take great care of you. Go online Chimneycareco dot com. You can learn all about the services they offer and what they sell at the showroom located at four thirteen Wards Corner Road and book the appointment right there Chimneycareco dot Com.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Time for Chama nine first morning weather forecast. It's gonna turn sunny and we'll have a high on fifty four today. Clear skies, overnight, dropping to thirty nine seventy to high tomorrow with mostly Sunday skyes fifty two overnight with just a few clowns, and a warm but windy day on Wednesday. They say temperatures will drop when the cold front kicks in, but we'll have a highest seventy two thirty seven degrees right now. Time for a traffic.
Speaker 12: Update from the UC Health to Traffic Center. The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials in the region's only young onset COLT REGDAL cancer program called five one three.
Speaker 10: Five eighty five UCCC With emergency repair work.
Speaker 12: Continuing to seventy five East found after a new Richmond you're down to two lanes, but with two lanes available, I'm not seeing any big backups yet this morning. Traffic so far on I seventy one and you're running is still on the lighter side. I'm Heather Pasco in fifty five KRC the talk.
Speaker 1: Station to Shy, a six thirty to fifty five kr CD talk station. After the top of the our news, Nick Smiley, executive director of the Tools Program, We'll find out what that's all about. It's basically well trades, getting people involved in the trades, and they're having a fundraiser to help that in that effort. And there are plenty of jobs in the trades, and I'm sure Nick will confirm that, so a career opportunities abound out there in the world still. Christopher Smithman at seven to twenty with the Smith Event Money Monday with Brian James, and we're going to hear from doctor Catherine Kathleen Read with her book Fat, Stressed and Sick MSG Processed Food in America's Health Crisis. That'll be at a thirty meantime five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred eight two to three talking there. It is, as Bobby pointed out, he called me on Saturday, let me know there was gunshots at the Ohio Gun Collectors Association, and it is reported in the side of the post a gunshot fire to the Ohio Collectors Association Saturday left two people injured, prompting a large law enforcement response and a temporary lockdown of the event. Apparently a single round discharged by one of the attendees there, which was held in Wilmington. That's where it always is. I've been there to that thing. The shot hit one person. Another individual injured by a ricochet. Clinton County Sheriff's Department responded immediately securing the scene, locking down the entire venue for several hours while they established the crime scene. The event at six hundred and sixty vendor tables and was crowded at the time of the incident. It always is crowded. Investigations ongoing circumstances surrounding the shooting aren't yet released. She had no further details regarding the condition of the individuals or the potential charges have been released. They're really good about checking firearms and securing them before you come in if you come in with one, because you can wander around and sell them. Vendors are usually really good about that too, But they also sell Ammo there, so it's conceivable that someone could buy a gun or have a gun and then buy some AMMO and load it up right there, which would be really really stupid. Go to Kentucky. My friend's in the Commonwealth. There's a bill that is probably going to be signed. Governor Adbsheer's planning on signing it making it harder for retailers to sell vape products to children. It's center bill one hundred, apparently got bypart is in support from both the House and Senate. Bill would create the division of Tobacco, Nicotine and Vapor Product Licensing, falling within the Department of Beverage Control. Will give the investigators authority to inspect any premise where alternative nicotine, tobacco and vaping products are sold without obtaining a search warrant, kind of trouble by that. Advocates claim the bill will help create safe and healthy environments for children in Kentucky. Terry Brooks, executive director of the Kentucky Youth Advocates, said Senate Bill one hundred is targeted addressing what is not a problem, but a pandemic in the Commonwealth. The bill would also require retailers that sell any nicotine products to be licensed, and would establish penalties for retailers that sell the products without a license. According to Brooks, retailers are going to get those surprise inspection visits, and they're not just going to be looking at who you are selling beer and cigarettes to, but they're going to be watching how you manage how you sell vape products. If the bill signed in the law by Governor of Sheer, Kentucky, would joined forty other states who have similar programs preventing retailers from selling vaping products to kids and teenagers. I don't know that the other states allow a warrantless search. Kind of scratching my head over that one. A woman was shot at smel Riverfront Park on Friday night, according to police inst Police they said they were called a smell about eleven pm. Twenty one year old woman was shot in the leg was taken to the hospital with what are described as non life threatening injuries. Officers arrested twenty one year old me Cole Smith had on kind of municipal complaint. Says that witnesses and the victim reported to police that Smith shot the victim after an altercation. She's facing one kind of flowious assault. Judge set her bond at fifty thousand dollars in Officers are still investigating the shooting on that one. Forty seven year old man Dad this after an early Saturday morning crash in bond Hill, according to Sin Saint Police Department, and it took place at ten fifty five laid Law Avenue five thirty in the morning. A forty seven year old man has not yet identified driving an six Lincoln Town car eastbound on laid Law, crossed the center line and ran into a two thousand and four Honda Pilot heading westbound. Forty seven year old man taking a UC medical center died because of the injuries. Fortunately for the people in the Honda, fifty nine year old woman and a thirty seven year old man was the passenger. Both had non life threatening injuries. They were taking a UC medical center. Police are investigating both excessive speed and impairment as possible contributing factors. The forty seven year old man who died also not wearing a seat belt. Both of the folks in the Honda had seat belts on. If you are a witness you know anything about it, please contact the traffic unit since a police department Traffic Unit five one three, three five two twenty five fourteen five one three three five two twenty five fourteen six point thirty five right now fifty five KRC Detok Station. We have more to talk about coming up, and I hope you can stick around for that. But first I mentioned for my favorite friends over at twenty two three or Route forty two between Mason and Levin and twenty two three Firearms Store and range still the best range around. They have an amazing climate control range keep you out of the elements. Also the best staff around to answer all of your questions and get your geared up the right way With their fantastic selection of in stock guns and gear. They'll even buy your old guns if you got one you want to trade in or so take it to twenty two three. The great membership options satisfy any enthusiast practice needs. They have all kinds of options there, plus training classes from the beginner's class all the way through experienced firearms classes and everything in between. They also have a gunsmith there. It is a full service gun store and indoor range. Tell Wendy and Jeff, the owners of Brian said, how when you stop at twenty two three Route forty two between Mason and eleven and online it's number twenty two follow by the word three spelled out twenty two to three dot com.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Are you a business owner? CEO six thirty nine.
Speaker 1: If fifty five kre CD talk station, Happy Monday, Career opportunities abound. Nick Smiley, executive director of the Tools Programs and I talk about that right off the top of the hour news, followed by Christopher Smithman. I always enjoy this smith event, and I hope you do. From the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Let us see here going back to the point that President then President Barack Obama made widely circulated viral video about the President Obima back in twenty eleven talking about cutting crappy spending, wasteful government spending and programs, saying, everybody knows that getting rid of the deficit will require some tough decisions, and that includes cutting back on billions of dollars in programs that a lot of people care about, saying the US government should at least get rid of pointless waste and stupid spending. That doesn't benefit anybody who said it's waste we should be getting rid of even if we didn't have a deficit. Quote, no amount of waste is acceptable, especially when it's our or your money. Just as families are living within their means, government should too. How about that they also provide examples of stupid spending. Did you know that federal government pays for a website that devoted a folk music ensemble made up of forest rangers they're called fiddling foresters. I'll put their music on my iPod, but I'm not paying for their websites. Great, it was a great concept. Didn't follow through on it. He put then Vice President Joe Biden in charge of the effort to quote hunt down misspent tax dollars in every agency and department of this government. It's like putting Kamala Harris's borders are okay, congratulations, your borders are and then not do anything about it. So well, this is about Hunter's laptop. Joe, Oh, Joe looked on Hunter's laptop and didn't find anything except evidence of criminal activity and drug abuse and porn. And going back to the CNN POLLI here I mentioned both of these articles. In the five o'clour the CNN poll among Democrats and Democrat aligned independence, fifty seven percent say that Democrats should work to stop the Republican agenda, which occludes, of course, ferreting out fraud, waste, and abuse, which obviously, at one point in time was the Democrats agenda too. At least lip service was paid to it, even though nothing ever happened. Further to the efforts that are actually going on now, Carrie Lake recently named is the Trump administration senior advisor to the US Agency for Global Media. That's apparently the one that oversees Voice of America, and she is hard at work announcing that she's reducing millions in costs, exposing suspicious activity, and eliminating positions at this global media agency. She issued a letter US AGM and outlets it overseas will be reduced to their statutory functions, and associated personnel will be reduced to the minimum presence and functions require by law. Those affected by the action we placed on paid administrative leave beginning Saturday, March fifteenth, that's past Saturday, and remain on leave until further notice, she said in a letter of the US Agency for Global Media will continue to deliver on all statutory programs that fall under the agency's purview and shed everything that's not statutorily required. So I fully support the President's executive order. Waste fraud abuse run rampant in this agency, and American taxpayers should have to fund it. Go check with Barack Obama. This would be one of the areas that he was talking about, presumably. In her letter, she highlighted what she described as a few of the most egregious findings, massive national security violations, including spies and terrorist sympathizers and or supporters infiltrating the agency, eye popping, self dealing, involved in contracts, grants, and high value settlement agreements. Just these are quotes obscene over spending, including a nearly quarter of a billion dollar lease for a Pennsylvania Avenue high rise that has no broadcast facilities to meet the needs of the agency, and includes a nine million dollar commission to a private real estate with connections, hundreds of millions being spent on fake news companies, and a product that often parrots the talking points of America's adversaries. She says, this agency is not salvagel from top to bottom. This agency is a giant rot and burdened the American taxpayer, national security risk for this nation, and is irretrievably broken. While these are harsh words, while there are bright spots within the agency with personnel who are talented and dedicated public servants, this is the exception rather than the rule. So it's unfortunate that the work was done by self interested insiders and coordination with outside activist groups and radical leftist advocacy organizations. To quote Trump, proof close quote, the agency made it impossible to reform. In fact, they weren't just trump proofing the agency from political leadership, they were accountability proofing the agency from the American people. They did all this while spending taxpayer money to create false narratives which were amplified by biased media counterparts with clear conflicts of interest at the Washington Post, NPR, and more to actively cover up their obscene waste, fraud, and abuse. Now Subsequently, she issued a video at the office building that she was speaking about in that least Agreement. I'm sitting here on the thirteenth floor of a shiny, brand new, beautiful skyscraper building that is costing you the taxpair of fortune. Fast forward in the online video. Fancy conference rooms with wall to wall windows. There are six conference room at least that's what I've counted so far. In this building. There are four bridges to nowhere, massive waterfalls, Italian marble finishes everywhere, leather furnishing, all of which being paid for by the American taxpayer. And it's not the only thing we've seen. We're seeing grants where they've taken the grants that they've changed and they've changed the contract just days before we I guess the Trump administration got in here to make it less transparent for us to find out where the money's going and what's happening with these grantees. It was an obvious, obvious sign that they wanted to keep us from finding out anything that we could possibly go on and change to make it better for the American taxpayer. I want you to know I'm hard at work here in Washington, DC and working to make sure that we are not being We're not being built out of our hard earned dollars built, and we're going to make sure that we're doing everything we can to cancel contracts that can be canceled, save money, downsize, and make sure there's no misuse of your dollars in this action. She apparently locked out more than one thousand employees at the Voice of America. It's everywhere, folks, every corner of government. And again I will note that I'm waiting for them to start looking at the Department Defense. Sixty six fifty five KRC, the talk station get in touch with Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning, got the cool carrier comfort rebate going on now, just in time for the hot days where you can save up to fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a new cool Carrier comfort system for my friends at Zimmer Heating and Cooling more than seventy five years, three generations, a Zimmer family taking great care of you, and Chris Simmer's at the helm right now and they will take great care of you, excellent customer service and they service multiple different manufacturers. But giving a new air conditioning unit, it's time to go with Carrier, the folks that invented air conditioning. So hurry up while the offer exists and save up to fifteen and fifty dollars. Call Chris five one three five ninety eight ninety three give them my regards please five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. To learn more about the company, all the services they offer, and to schedule an apployment online. It's easy to do. Go Zimmer dot.
Speaker 10: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Six fifty one fifty five KRCD talk station part about some career opportunities at the top of the UR news The tools program get folks involved in careers in the trades, which I think is a great idea. I remember artificial intelligence can't get to get rid of the trades. You're editing job at a newspaper or maybe well supplanted by artificial intelligence churning out whole cloth news articles. But no one can fix a plumbing problem except someone in the trades. Electricians can't substitute that with artificial intelligence. So a great opportunity for folks to get a career and we'll get information on that at the top of the ur News over.
Speaker 3: Here to Ohio Yay Ohio.
Speaker 1: Goodernatorial candidate Viva Gramma Swimmy has proposed this is something he can campaign on, eliminating the income tax here in Ohio. How about that? Lucas kind of Republican Party's annual Lincoln Day dinners where he was speaking, he pointed out that a lot of states, Texas number one state to people for people relocating, with Florida coming into number two. Ohio sadly number thirty eight. He said, Texas is number one, Florida's number two for people moving in versus moving out, we're number thirty eight. I want to lead us back to number one. So there's something that something's required. And if we're paying for number if we're playing for number one, we're going to have to do in this state. For example, we're going to take the state income tax down, not just from seven brackets to two, as I guess the current leadership is done, but down to zero brackets because we're going to get rid of the income tax in this state. Zero income tax in the state of Ohio. He said, it's your money, not the governments. You deserve to keep what you earn. We've got to celebrate hard work and success. How about that. According to the Census Bureau, Texas had met mike greation number of almost one hundred and forty thousand people coming into its state, Florida one hundred and thirty six almost one hundred and thirty seven thousand coming in at number three, North Carolina ten thousand or one hundred and ten thousand and eight hundred people coming into the state South Carolina number four, net migration numbers of seventy two thousand and change. And it might be largely in part of the fact they don't charge an income tax. Ramasomi said, if eight other states have managed to do it, then so too will we here in Ohio. People ask me, how are you going to do it? Said, Look, if we're the state that sent somebody to be the first man in the world to walk on the moon. The state will not be the greatest challenge, or this will not be rather to be the greatest challenge that'll how has ever conceived. I don't know if you can draw a parallel on that one. I know a lot of people are going to be like, what are we going to do with the mister revenue? What are we going to do the mister revenue? Those states that don't have an income tax Florida, Alaska, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, Wyoming, and Tennessee, which doesn't explain how North Carolina could come into number four, but I think it's a great idea. Lower taxes are always of interest in me. The question is dealing with the financial challenges that he'll face. But by all accounts, he's doing very very well in the polls, and considering in a red state, it'd be Vva Gramma swimming versus Amy acting, Amy, lockdown, close small businesses, don't drink after ten o'clock acting kind of stuff. I think we may be able to call him governor in fairly short order, and that'd be a great thing. So I like the guy I'm impressed by what he says and what he's done, both in a private his private world. Obviously a very successful businessman, and he doesn't need the job. I know a lot of Democrats a scum. I got the billionaires, billionaires, billionaires. Well, you know there is something to be said for that. My understanding is Trump donates his salary to charity. Elon Musk isn't drawing his salary offering his talents for the good of America. Again, going back to Barack Obama, Barack Obama thought this was a great idea. Exactly what DOJE is doing? Back in twenty eleven? When did it become a bad idea? Just asking out loud sort of rhetorical question six fifty five fifty five krsty talk station Job Opportunities, Nick Smiley, the executive director of the Tools Program, follow by Christopher Smithman at seven twenty. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 3: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 6: Every day we stand on the verge of the four greatest years in American history.
Speaker 3: Fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: The talk station.
Speaker 10: This rebard is sponsored by one.
Speaker 3: Out promise is made, the promises kept.
Speaker 2: Politicians won't do join us in the chats out a politician and I love it.
Speaker 1: Fifty five r S the talk station. It's seven six at fifty five KRCD Talk Station. A very happy Monday to you. I'm excited to talk with Nick Smiley. He's the executive director of the Tools Program. Because Nick, welcome to fifty fifty five KS Morning Show. There are job opportunities, are actually career opportunities out there in the trades. Aren't there tons of them?
Speaker 13: Brian, how are you doing this morning?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. Great to have you on the program to talk about the Tools Program and the the March Madness kind of fundrais of the kickoff for people to enjoy and learn about Tools Program and also have a great time. Before we get to the details on that, let my listeners know about the Tools Program and what you're all about.
Speaker 13: Absolutely so. The Tools Program was founded approximately five and a half six years ago. I think we're in our six school year now. The main focus of the program is skilled trade career exposure for K through twelve. We do have an eighth grade math and science project where we come in take over the eighth grade math class for a day, give the teacher a break, teach about maths and science skills, and then our main focus is really helping students transition from high school into the skilled trades industry. When when to make sure we open every door, make the opportunities available to them, and then provide resources such as scholarships for transition money and tool packages as well.
Speaker 1: Well. I think it's fantastic concept. And you know, as I've noted, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, if I've got a misconception on this. These are jobs that artificial intelligence can't take away.
Speaker 13: Oh, you show me a computer that's going to finish your drywall after it frames up your wall, and I think we're heading a bad direction that we can see that happening. Absolutely, none of these jobs are going to be outsourced. You know, we were during the big call back in the day. We were essential workers so to speak. So definitely something that if you're looking for a long term career, build a family, support that family, this is the place for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the word career is important. It's not just a job. I mean you can actually feed a family and live a comfortable life on the salaries of these job pays. These are not you know, minimum wage type jobs.
Speaker 13: Definitely. Currently we actually ranked nice in the country out of all safety states. Our current average salary for skilled trades men and women in Ohio is sixty two and a half thousand.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 13: The funny thing is I go to a lot of schools. I speak at a lot of high schools, and whenever I get to that part of the presentation, you can see that the teachers kind of perk up and look and say, oh a little it's a little.
Speaker 2: More than we make.
Speaker 13: So that might be a good path for your kids.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's always good to have their buy in. That's funny observation. But to the point, this isn't limited to just people graduating from high school. I mean other people, like, for example, if you're thirty or forty years old and you're interested in changing your life, you can pursue a job in the trades. It's not too late, correct, Oh.
Speaker 13: Not too late at all. Always a good time to make a change. A lot of skills that come from other industries are transferable, so we've got a lot of people that get into our industry never realizing that building something with your hands. At the end of the day, being back, you know, being able to look at that and say that's what I did today. It's very gratifying feeling. So we have a lot of people that transition from other industries into our industry all the time.
Speaker 1: That's great, and you know it is really really rewarding. I you know, jack of all trades, mester and none. I. But when you don't have an extra money to hire someone in the trades, like when you're in one hundred and twenty five year old house and you're starting out with your new wife, like me in Chicago, I used to go to the library and get books out and learn how to do things around the house, just teach myself. And you know, when you've completed a project and every time you walk into a room like I did that, it really is. It is a rewarding thing. And I've talked to folks who you know, worked high iron and did some steel projects, and every time they drove by a building, it just overwhelming sense of pride that you know what, if it wasn't for me, that wouldn't be there.
Speaker 13: That's the truth for me. There's a lot of buildings. One of my favorite that I like to tell the students about is the robling building, like the blue and white twisted building right there across the bridge, well ground up. Yeah, definitely a sense of pride for the people that work on it. When you do have kids. Fair warning to anybody, they're gonna get sick of hearing that, they're gonna get sick of driving by everything on seventy five and dedes I built that, I built that, I built that, you know, so definitely works for us on the pride side. Keeps your kids in line, lets them know that you actually do know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question about it. Well you know, and it's all all trades. I mean, they're just like any plumbing. It's electric, it's HVAC. I mean, there's a whole there's a whole, huge number of areas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Ohio Valley Construction Education Foundation, which is ABC's education wing, actually added multiple over the past five six years. We've got everything from craft laborers now a class you can take all, like you said, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, you name it. It's pretty much covered. I think one thing that's very popular right now is we've seen a big uptick in electricians. So with all the high schools I go to, the tools program now has forty participating schools from Van Wert down in northern Kentucky, and in every one of those high schools never fails three or four of the kids booming to get into that electric industry. Right now, it seems like electrician is the most popular. Maybe two years ago it was plumbers.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. And I had one of my plumb type plumbing folks over the house and he was a journeyman and he had an apprentice with him. And apprentice a young man. I said, hey, just starting out. He was, yeah, and the journeyman's smid. He goes, this is an absolutely fantastic job. He said, I'm doing really well. I got a family and we're all comfortable, and you know, I love the job. I love getting up to work and talking to people and solving their problems. And the apprentice was really excited about his future career. So it's true, and there are multiple opportunities out there in these trades. I understand you're doing. The Tools program is doing a sort of a fundraiser kickoff thing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, our second largest fundraiser of the year. It's going to be at Top Golf. It's this Thursday, March twentieth. Still have some tickets available. Some people want to get involved. Not only is it a wonderful event in terms of all you can eat, all you can drink, lots of prizes. We've got the top Contender petition going on. It is top golf, So while the weather might not be perfect every day, they still have heat and it is covered so rain or shine, we're always there. But it's a great event. All proceeds going to our Scholarships Foundation, making sure that we can keep providing those transitional funds for these students as they leave high school and head into the skill trades industry.
Speaker 1: So who are you hoping will attend this? Are you looking for organizations that are in the trades, just like run of the middle folks like me who have really no connection with the trades. Who's invited?
Speaker 13: Well, don't tee this with a good time, Brian, because we will definitely put you on the list. If you're gonna be there for us, we will definitely get.
Speaker 1: You on the list.
Speaker 13: But it's truly open to anyone. The idea behind it is mainly if you are a company that's interested in something like the Tools program getting apart, you know, becoming a part of this wonderful program that we have. It'd be great for you if you're an educator looking at bring some skill trade career exposure to your school, get connected with some companies who are willing to provide some of those resources as well. It's good for you and just anybody that's looking to have a great time. It's always a great time at the event. Top Golf does an amazing job at getting us all set up, so it's pretty pretty easy deal for me as the organizer. But everybody seems to have a great time. And like I said before, we've got lots surprises to give away, so we just want everybody to come out and have a great time, leave with something nice and all for a great cause.
Speaker 1: Well, and let me repeat something that I thought you heard open bar and barbecue so wow.
Speaker 13: Well, I mean, when you're in the scale trades industry, I gotta be honest. I was thinking of fajita bar and I asked a couple of guys and they're like, hey, we're construction guys. We don't want fajitas, we want barbecue. So we went back to the barbecue menu. It's been popular for the past three years and can't deviate from what works can we.
Speaker 1: No, you can't, and a lot of these You help these young people find employment opportunities, correct, I mean you hook the people who are pursuing the trades as a new career with employers who are searching for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So the program as a whole. If we're thinking of the perfect prime example, Okay, we talk to a student in high school, we kind of get connected with them somewhere between their freshmen and junior year. Those are the meet and greets that I go out and have with all the schools that participate in the program once or twice a year. Once we spark that interest, we're looking to get that junior to have a summer job between their junior and senior year. Make sure that they like whatever trade they're thinking about. You know, for pet it's the electrician. Want to get him out on that job shadow see see if that's what he likes. If he likes that and he works through the summer, the perfect plan is that student then comes back to high school their senior year. That company has now hired them, so they are either co opting or they're just already employed waiting to graduate that year. We have them apply for our scholarship. Nine times out of ten student wins the scholarship, they're already placed they graduate, So now we've given them direct placement. We've given them a scholarship of five to twenty five hundred dollars for transition money that can be used for whatever, whether it's a down payment for a car, clothing, tools, anything like that. And then the pure focus of the program is once they get out of high school, we've got them direct place, We've got them a toolkit, we've got them a scholarship. I like to tell any student, once we get you into the industry, if you figure out that it's not for you, that's just what it is. It's just not for you. Because we've opened every door, we've made it as simple as possible, and we just want to make sure that we're sparking that interest. So every time I'm on your show, I can't can't. I was gonna say this at the end, but I want to kind of plug you out. I got to thank you and Joe. You guys have an amazing platform. You guys have us on the support that you've given us and allowed us to be on your platform. Promote our program, promote the great things we're doing. It's amazing. I'm Brian. We couldn't do it without you, guys, And I just want you to know that every time I'm on your show never fails. A grandpa, a mom, a dad, somebody reaches out to me because they heard me talking. And every single time that's happened, we've got their grandson or son or daughter place.
Speaker 1: That's awesome them. That's exactly why I love having you on the show, because you think about what you just said. You got some a kid just out of high school already making money, employed in something that he already hears, she already has familiarity with. Because of this introductory component, they're making money as opposed to heading over and sitting in music appreciation class and a four year college degree that's digging them a giant hole in the ground in debt. I mean, fast forward four years. They probably got a big bank account, savings account, maybe they're already participating in the retirement funding. They're working every single day, and somebody else is coming out with a sheepskin from a university with a music appreciation degree or like my degree, political science degree and kind of puzzling at what am I going to do, gonna be a barista at Starbucks. I just love the program. I love the concept. I can't thank you enough for what you're doing. And I'll recommend my listeners go to Tools program dot org where they can get all the details about this event and get registered for it. It's going to be a great time, and it lasts a long time. It starts at noon, it goes all the way to five point thirty.
Speaker 13: It's the first day of the March Madness Tournament. It's kind of a ploy there, right. You just come and get all your golfing and all your drinking and eating in and then get that phone out and start making those parlays.
Speaker 1: Nick Smiley, Tools Program, I hope you have a wildly successful event. And for folks out there, parents, grandparents, whoever has connection with the young people. Hell, the young people might be listening, get in touch with the Tools Program dot org and you'll hit the ground running. Nick, keep up the great work, man. You know you always got an opportunity to be here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Thanks Brian.
Speaker 13: I appreciate it, man, more than you know.
Speaker 1: It's my pleasure absolutely. Uh seven seventeen right now, guess who's up next. Christopher's Smithman with the smither vent every Monday. First, though, if you're dreaming of a smile that it is as brilliant as is natural, you got to meet the dynamic duo of cosmetic dentistry, doctors Fred Peck and doctor Megan Frew. Doctor Fred Peck is a distinguish a credited fellow with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dynastry. I always like to emphasize that is a lofty statu of There are only three fellows with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry in the entire state of Ohio, and doctor Frew on her way to accreditation. So you got years of experience with doctor Fred Peck and Megan Frew's fresh perspective on the latest techniques that'll craft you a stunning smile. You'll love an absolute life changing impact that exceptional cosmetic dentistry can have in your life. And they're also awesome general dentists. I've been going there for years and years and years five one, three, six, one seventy six, sixty six. The staff is superior. It's just this wonderful environment. So if you don't like the dentist, you will well love doctors, Pack and Frew. Peck Smiles dot com is where you find them online again Pecksmiles dot com.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five karc AN iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 1: Our iHeartRadio Musical seven twenty one. If you're about KRCD talk station. One of my favorite times a week, it's time for the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christophersmith Miner, to vent his spleen this Smith event. Welcome back, Christopher. I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 5: My friend, I did, brother, had a great weekend, and it's always good to come on. I look forward to my time with you and your listening audience each week.
Speaker 1: I did too. Man. I enjoy what you have to say, and you point out some really great observations, and I would just chime in that I too, had a wonderful weekend. She may be listening. My mom prepared Paul out of me a wonderful Irish meal last night. Oh my god, it was so good. Got to spend time with mom a few hours over hanging out of her place, and just a great family evening getting ready for today with Saint Patrick's Day so thank you, Mom, we had a wonderful time.
Speaker 5: Well, happy say Patrick's Day to you, and I'll give a shout out to my big brother who turns sixty five today.
Speaker 1: Oh happy birthday. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know what I want to talk about this morning is I want to connect some dots between the dismantling of the Department of Education on the federal level and what is happening in our classrooms, but specifically our parents. And so what I see politically is a period of time where schools across this country, depending on where you lived, were disrespecting or separating children from their parents as it relates to raising them. And so you saw parents going to school board meetings trying to articulate points about their children, and school boards across this country even going so far to have those parents arrested, and it didn't matter what the subject matter was. The parent is the power. And so now what you're seeing is the federal government, through the Executive brand, saying you know what, I'm going to dismantle this federal agency, and I'm going to empower each individual state to kill or the education that they believe best serves their communities. People. Because I'm talking to people Brian Thomas. They're saying, well, the executive branch is trying to get rid of education. They are all kinds of iterations of this. That is absolutely crazy what the executive branch is saying. I'm going to take the money that you all that we're dishing out, and we're going to allocate that to each of the states and let you determine how you want to educate your kids. And why this is important to me, Brian Thomas is I am a conservative man who believes in fatherhood and being a great dad like you, and I don't want any teacher. And I love teachers. My wife was a teacher. I don't want any teacher telling me how to raise my child. If my child goes to school and is thinking about suicide, I want the school to call me and tell me what's going on with my child. If my child is saying, hey, I think I'm I want the school to call me the parent and tell me what's going on with my minor child. If my child is in a classroom with a furry and my child comes home barking or MEOWI and they're accommodating the furry with some kind of litter box, in the bathroom. I want to know that that's going on with my child, and no teacher has the ability to keep that information from a parent. And so what's going on to the left, the Democrats who are lost their way, they don't understand that parents are rising up saying I want to raise my child now. If you on the West Coast want to have furries and you want to accommodate them with litter boxes inside of your restrooms, you can do that on the West Coast. If you want to do that on the East Coast, it's okay, but not in the Midwest. We don't want furries. And if there is a hurry and my child is coming home meowing because the kid next to him as a furry, and I don't know what the hell is going on, I want the teacher to tell me about it. Brian Thomas, you know what I'm saying is so real, it's really happening.
Speaker 2: It's scary, it is.
Speaker 1: And you know, to the folks on the East and West Coast, you don't have to allow your school districts to do that. You can rise up. And if the general consensus in any given community with the school board is that no, I do not abide that, and I, as a parent, am entitled to know this information. Then they can vote in a school board that I'll move in that direction. As long as we've got the flexibility to deal with what we want, then we should be able to do it. But in all cases, everywhere, my argument would be along your lines, Christopher, parents are entitled to know what's going on. They are the parent. The teachers stand in the shoes of the parents while they're at school. But that's just from a you know, a liability perspective in local parenthice is what it's known under the law. But that does not take away the parents' right to raise their children as a fit Amen. Exclamation point will continue with Christopher Smithman more Smith. Event after I mentioned my good friends at Bud Herbert Motors more than seventy five years. They are proud of Bud Herbert Motors. The name is legendary. BUTTERB Motors started the operation, you know, so many years ago and always said, the most expensive tool you'll ever buy is a cheap one. That's because they don't last, they fall apart and then you're back looking out for another one. That's if you go to the box store. Work with fifth generation Famine operator Bud Herbert. You will be working with a Herbert family member. They are proud of their organization and they will take all the efforts necessary to find the right equipment for you. And they only carry the finest, world class brands. You got your John Deere's, your x Marks steel and Honda power equipment. That's where I got Mahanda pushmoher and they told me it's the last one you're ever gonna have to buy, isn't it amazing? I'm done my entire life. I am done with pushbowers delivered to your front door or your driveways, the case may be. And they service everything they sell, and they're so knowledgeable about what they sell. It's just the box stores don't have any vested interest in making sure you're happy and with the right equipment. So got a Budebertmotors dot com to learn more. Check out what they've got there Bud Herbertmotors dot com and please please tell him, Brian said, I when you give them a call five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one. That's five four one thirty two.
Speaker 10: Ninety one fifty five KRC. This report is sponsored by Jake Sweeney Automotive, serving the tri State for over one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Spring you to savings at Jake Swiney Chevrolet. Get two point nine percent APR for seventy two months on Silver Auto fifteen hundred Turbomax during Chevy Truck Month. Together, let's drive at chick Swinny Chevrolet. Try County. Yes, John for the weather Toenn, I says, We're gonna have a sunny day to day temperature just high, a fifty four overnight low of thirty nine with clear skies. Seventy will be our high tomorrow with sun overnight just a few clowns in a low of fifty two, and we'll have a windy Wednesday, rain showing up around sunset with the cold front coming in, could have gloup to seventy two though during the day, thirty seventy. Right now time for a traffic update or maybe not seven thirty here fifty five karriseit the talk station Brian Thomas with Christopher Smitherman, the former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, with the smither Van. Have at it, Christopher, you got the floor.
Speaker 5: Brian Thomas. Look I watched with amazement with SpaceX launching this weekend. Oh yeah, going to a space station to rescue American astronauts and bring them home. And so by the next time we are talking, God willing those astronauts will be back on Earth. And as I watched in amazement the technology, even the rocket returning to Earth and landing on its own. This notion of rockets. You know that you and I grew up with them going into the Atlantic Ocean. Yeah, and then we had to go fish them out. Right now it's reusable. It comes right back and right on the landing strip. Boom, you know, it lands.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 5: The arm it's amazing.
Speaker 1: You know what it reminds me of, like it reminds me of something like from a sci fi movie. Back in the nineteen fifties, You and they had no concept of how space travel would actually work. And you go back and you look at and like, oh my god, look at that. That's ridiculous. But the rockets would always land right the way they took off. They would just you know, thrusters in the rocket would land standing straight up, which we know during our space exploration that's not the way it really worked. But look at this, it does work. That way now. I mean, it's just I just can't it over it.
Speaker 5: It was amazing to watch. And then the video feed that we were able to capture from takeoff all the way to space, all the way to docking to the space station is just remarkable. I could absolutely be a geek about some of this kind of stuff. I find it incredibly exciting, and I know that it's an completely new industry which will continue to drive our economy in ways that we can't even imagine because what they're learning with space travel will be applied in so many different ways, so many different companies will be created through this. And so I go, there's a guy named Elon Musk that's behind this, and he's now talking about going to Mars. But in this conversation with whether it was Tesla Starlink owning what was a Twitter now is X and I'm sure he owns many other things that I'm missing, including space X, he now positioned himself and one hundred maybe two hundred people that are saying, you know what, I need to do a deep dive, support the president and get in here through this organization they're calling DOGE and figure out what our federal government is doing and how they're spending their money, and in that the left has decided to make him a pariah, a very bad person, when they used to love him. This is the guy who has Tesla space x. You know, I love the social media platform, whether you know Twitter, We love Elon Musk. And now that he has aligned himself with the federal government and the executive branch and specifically President Trump, the left wants to kill him. They're literally setting things on fire, going after people's personal teslas, going after dealerships. That is violence, and there should be no place in politics for violence. This was the party that said we are tolerant, we want to expand we're inclusive of everybody. Our tent is big enough for anybody in everybody. And here we see the truth. A party that cannot accept the election result, and what they're trying to do through federal judges, through intimidation, is trying to overthrow the results, are make it difficult for the executive branch to govern.
Speaker 1: It is really, really truly unhinged. Christopher, and I just keep pointing back, you know, like we've got this video that's gone viral, Barack Obama talking about getting rid of fraud waste and abuse. Back in twenty eleven, he put Joe Biden in charge of it, and he cited a bunch of illustrations of you know, American tax payer dollars shouldn't be going to this fraud wasted abuse. It was a good concept back then. It's never been a bipartisan thing. Finally, you got a guy that's fit for the job. He's not even drawn a salary. He's taken a break from his own money making profitable entities to do this on behalf of the American people in order to save us from ourselves. Elected officials weren't going after it. But when you look at what he's cut out and what the efforts are that he has led to cut the fraud, waste abuse out of government, Like, wait a second, how could you be against this? How could you be against getting rid of SOSIS security numbers for people who are in their hundreds. You know that's a possible area of fraud. Someone could use that number and get an unlawful employment. They could get checks that aren't properly do. That's a simple, low hanging fruit, and yet you're against it. I don't mean they're defending the indefensible or trying to anyway, I think unsuccessfully, just screaming into the air that, oh my god, evil, evil, Orange Man's Apprentice is going It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 5: Elon Musk is the richest man in the world. He doesn't need this, No, he doesn't need anybody's Social Security number, this insanity that they are pushing. His motive is, we are thirty six trillion dollars in debt, and our government, our United States of America, will not be able to survive if we don't get the spending under control. And the best place to start is waste and fraud and corruption. And so he's really dealing with the low hanging fruit. And then so we're we're not having discussions about as you discided, you just said, incited one hundred and fifty year old getting a Social Security check. If we're worried about the condition of social security, we don't want checks going out to people that are one hundred and fifteen years old, that are dead and somebody else is cashing the check. And I just can't see why any Democrat can be against fraud, can be against corruption, can be against waste. And so at the end of the day, it's a losing proposition for them as we move into the two year election, and I'm going, what are you guys gonna run on? Are you gonna say you spent the last two years Brian Thomas saying I was against fraud, I was against Doug against It doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't, And good luck with that messaging. Let's pause when Chrisoph're back for a little bit more. It's seven thirty seven right now. If if you five KRCD talk station, it won't get rid of the stench of that nonsense, the stench of politics. Odor exit does not work on, but it does work on all the odors that you normally would encounter in your life. You know, pet odors, human owners, mold, mildew, smoke, et cetera. There's several different over odor exit products. You can learn all about them and learn how to properly use them, and learn about the one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. If the products don't work when you use as directed to get rid of the odor you wanted to get rid of, then you get your money back. Go to odor exit dot com. Od O r XIT locally manufactured, been in business for twenty five years and congratulations to the folks at odor Exit. It's a great product and that's how they've been outed to stay in business for so long. Odor exit dot com. Order before three pm. It'll be delivered to your front door tomorrow. Or buy it locally using the search engine on the website od o rxit dot com.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: It's Champion.
Speaker 1: It's seven forty one if if do you five KRCD talk station. Monday. Monday's Brian James off at the top of their news and we're gonna hear from doctor Catherine Reid's got a book out eight thirty Fat, Stressed and Sick, MSG, Processed Food and America's health crisis should be a good conversation with the doctor at eight thirty. The meantime, more with Christopher Smithman and the smith Event.
Speaker 5: Christopher Brian, We've been watching protests at these universities across the United States of America, and most people who have graduated from some of these institutions can't even recognize them, like Columbia University, like Harvard, like Yale. So many alumni are embarrassed by what they're seeing. Where Jewish students are being targeted by people who are carrying Hamas flags, which is a terrorist organization, on their campuses, with boards that have refused to intervene, presidents that have refused to hold the students accountable, and it's taking the executive branch to stay and step in. We are not going to allow anti Semitic behavior, not language, because that's protected. Your behavior. Where you are threatening Jewish students, you are standing in their way so they cannot get into the library, or to the classroom, or to wherever they're trying to go. No one understands why these universities are allowing the behavior because their free speech is protected. So that's not what we're dealing with. We're dealing with you threatening people, setting things on fire, breaking windows, vandalism. You don't have the right if you are from another country to come into our country and then threaten other people. That is crossing the lines. But my point is Columbia, Harvard, and Yale, they should never give them back the four hundred million dollars. We should force Columbia to step up and say every student who comes here, no matter where you're from in the world, it doesn't matter your child can come here safely, get a good education, and come home in one piece as my daughter Brian Thomas is looking at universities because there are a lots of parents that are in my situation. I've been saving incrementally for my daughter, like I've done for the other five to go to college. So we have this dream for our children to get a good education. So my point is I now, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, when I go to these college visits, which we just did one, what's gonna happen? Is this what I'm gonna call one of these woke universities where I have to turn my TV on and see people like they did in Trump Power this past week. They're chanting down with this holding Hama's flags, being arrested. It's not what I want for my child. I don't mind peaceful protests, I don't mind speech that is protected. That's the conservative nature. But when it turns to violence, Brian.
Speaker 1: Thomas, it's wrong.
Speaker 5: What is the left doing? What This is a democratic party that people are constantly saying. Brian Thomas in conclusion, I don't recognize this democratic party. This is not my grandfather's party, This is not my father's party. This party has left me. I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party has left me. I am hearing that drum beat all across this great state of Ohio, and I'm seeing it on social media by so many people, And I just do not understand why these woke universities are not stepping in and saying violence is wrong. We condemn it. And if it were happening to black students, if there were white students standing in the front of a live ary blacking black students are African American students from entering, we would hear from the Democratic Party no matter what their race was. Well, no matter who they're talking heads are.
Speaker 1: You hear from the Republicans as well as they are standing up for the rights of the Jewish students at these universities. And again, you know, to your point, we got those Nazis on the bridge. They're allowed to speak their Nazi venom, but they're not allowed to block traffic and getting people's faces. That will be an assault, I would argue, because you know, battery is when you make physical contact. Assault is when you create the eminent apprehension that you're going to get harmed. So you know, that's going on in these campuses. But that's a very excellent point. It was going to make it if you didn't make it. This is a race of people. They may practice Judaism as a religion, but regardless of whether they do or not, and many of my Jewish friends are not practicing Jews, but they are still Jewish people. They're going after a race of people, and that's a race of people that may or may not be in favor of Israel. They may be in favor of a Kalestinian state. A lot of Jewish people profess to be of that mindset. So you're just painting with a broad brush, going after all Jewish students just because they're Jews. And that is inherently racism, but it's got its own name, of course, anti Semitism. It's awful.
Speaker 5: And I Brian Thomas, there's a difference between the Palestinian people, as you know, and Harmas. Harmas is a terrorist organization, and I'm very careful I'm not talking about the Palestinian people. I'm talking about Harmas. And we've got kids on college campuses with the Harmas flag, a terrorist organization, some of them from other parts of the world. Their guests in our country, blocking American citizens or other guests who are here studying at our major university. I support the federal government from pulling their four hundred million dollars of funding from Columbia. Don't stop their executive branch. Go all the way to every university that refuses to protect any race of people. But we're discussing right now the Jewish students that are there where acts of violence are being practiced upon them. It's wrong, and I denounce it.
Speaker 1: And I am in favor of what you just said, Christopher. I share your your your observations on that. And you know the other thing we've learned in all this putting aside the issue that led to the withholding of funds. Isn't it amazing how many hundreds of millions and billions of dollars get thrown from the American taxpayer to these universities. It's just mind blowing.
Speaker 3: I just that's a whole nother day is rocket.
Speaker 1: We'll save that for Nave beginning.
Speaker 5: Should they even beginning the money people can follow me on x at vote Smithman brother, and they should get next week.
Speaker 1: They should do that. Take care of my friend, have a wonderful week. It's seven forty eight to fifty five kre see the talk station. An excellent real estate team, the best in the business, the best in the greater Cincinnati area. The Chabri grouper Williams seven Hills. They got multiple different programs and I would like to point out one or two of them when I talk about them, But they're the only real estate team I would ever hire. Buyers agents, sellers agent. They it just default me five one three, seven zero eight three thousand. I'd be on the horn right away if I was looking to buy or sell a home and they provide value and that's so important. And excuse me. The Shebri team regroup Ofkeloriam seven Hills. No, it's really competitive out there in the real estate market. So they want to help you ensure land, your your your your dream home. So as a buyer with the Sabri Group, qualified clients can leverage the cash to Keys program, which will allow you to write a cash offer, often leading to a lower price and better terms. Sellers love cash offers. No hassle, no headache, no financing to hang around to wait for. Now that's the it's just boom. You're you're in and out. That's the kind of five star experience and service you can expect from the Subary Group. Just one of many programs that nobody else is offering five one three, seven zero eight three thousand. Call them up. Go to the website seven zero eight three thousand dot com. If you can remember that, Remember how spell shabri, c H A, B R, I S search Sabri group and your search engine. You'll find them. Keller Williams seven Hills, Peter.
Speaker 10: Schabrie fifty five, krc ay neighbor.
Speaker 5: Oh my.
Speaker 13: U.
Speaker 1: Here is your Channel nine first one and wether forecast. We'll clear up and it'll be sunny today, high fifty four, clear skies over night, thirty nine for the low seventy tomorrow with sunny sky's a few clouds over night down at fifty two and a windy Wednesday cold front with rains shown up around sunset, but you on ahead of that, we'll have a highest seventy two. It's thirty six degrees. Right now, It's time for a traffic update from the UC.
Speaker 12: Health Traffic Center at the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials in the region's only young onset cola rectal cancer program called five one three, five eight five UCCC. There's an accident on I seventy five North Mountain Paddock Road. It blocks the left lane, so you're on the breaks from Mitchell Avenue. Also with stall on seventy five South found at Norwood Lateral.
Speaker 1: It's been moved to.
Speaker 10: The right side.
Speaker 12: I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty three, a fifty five KRCD talk station. A very happy Monday to you. We'll do our money Monday thing with Brian James and again doctor Kathleen Read with the book Fat, Stressed and Sick MSG process Food in America's Health Crisis. Doctor Reed joins the program at a thirty to talk about that book a little bit insight into it. And as I started out the program with that CNN survey and talking about Democrats being well upset with their own party in the direction of the party's going kind of silver what Christopher was talking about. But fifty seven to forty two percent say that Democrats should mainly work to stop the Republican agenda as opposed to working with the GOPED for maybe to get something along the lines of what Democrats want into legislation. I know that seems like a tough road to ho these days, but just fighting anything that Republicans want, period, end of story. And you know, you go back to Christopher's observations and defending the indefensible. It seems like insanity. And what are they asserting They can say no to what the Republicans are asking or pushing for, even though it makes them look like idiots. I don't understand how you can be in favor of fraud, waste, and abuse, which is the point that Christopher was making that I've been making a lot of late. Everybody has been but Democrats in a state of disarray. You know, Chucky Schumer's up against the wall now because he voted to keep the government open. I thought that's what the Democrats always wanted, Oh, don't shut down the government. Well, they found themselves in a rather challenging position of being the party who would absolutely have been responsible for shutting down the federal government, which would have left everything in Donald Trump's control. He gets to decide what's essential in government and what's not. And I have a feeling the Department of Government efficiency would have been deemed essential. So and and I kind of what prompted that I looked up in this left wing group Greater Sin Saint Politics on Facebook is pointing out this this rally. And I'm not going to give you the details because I think it sounds stupid, but Stand for Justice protests to hold Warren Davidson accountable. Bring your signs and join Westside Democrat Club as we call for Representative Warren Davidson to defend his constituents from Nazis terrorizing our communities and dangerous executive orders threatening Ohioan safety and livelihoods. We got to be quick to know Congressman Davidson's not a Nazi. He wasn't viewing Nazi propaganda or Nazi vile bile. And I don't know what executive orders that Warren Davidson is responsible for that are threatening Ohioan safety and livelihoods. Warren Davidson doesn't execut issue executive orders, so see Republican protest them. Regardless of the good he's done for his constituents, evil Republican protest him. Seven fifty six. If you I have Kosity talk Station Money Money with Brian James up next, I hope he can stick around Trump's.
Speaker 3: First one hundred days.
Speaker 14: Every day America's deadline is over.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC, the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump rashing. The economic recession looming? What happens next? Watch what happened? Will happen right here on fifty five KRC, the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Eight oh five at fifty five kr C the Talk Station. Regular listeners know what time it is. Brian Thomas always happy to welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. All were financials Brian James to do money Monday. Brian, welcome back and have you Saint Patrick's day.
Speaker 14: Good morning, regular and irregular listeners, And back to you, Brian, same to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got a couple of irregular listeners out there anyhow, so your irregular speakers as well. Yeah, I understand sort of reciprocal tariff, because if someone is tariffing our goods going in, then why should they do that. I'm level playing field kind of guy. It's difficult to operate in a level playing field considering the cost of doing business relative to any given countries. You know, ohsha practices or not, or the presence of slave labor or not. But all things aside. At least I can get my head around, Well, if they're charging twenty five percent on our goods coming in and then a corresponding tariff on their goods coming in, would you know, serve to perhaps end the tariffs completely. But if you're trying to tariff somebody into doing something they otherwise wouldn't do, and we ended up in this trade war because of course they'll put reciprocal tariffs on. So tariffs kind of bother me. And it's one of the things I believe I differ with in the Trump administration. But people are freaked out about tariffs and kind of panicking and it has impacted the stock market at least, although they've been, you know, predicting a correction for a long time now, Brian, and I know you've read articles about a correction coming. These drops in the markets have been attributed to the Trump tariffs. So what's this story about this and should we be panicking? Well, yeah, that's lots of unpacked there.
Speaker 14: The first thing let's talk about is you mentioned potential correction on the way, Well, congratulations, it's here. We are ten percent below the highest peak on the S and P five hundred that's what's commonly known as a correction. We're not calling this a a bear mark or anything like that. We had a correction as recently as twenty three. We have volatility, of course comes and goes. Yeah, this is of course being driven by the tariffs. And it's not so much the tariffs, it's the back and forth. What the market can handle bad news, it can handle good news. What it can't handle is unknown news. And with the Trump administration waffling back and forth on whether we're gonna put these tariffs against Canada or no, we're gonna hold off for a month, that kind of thing. What the market wants to know is how likely our company is going to be able to make a dollar and how many dollars are they going to make? And when we've got the rules changing, you know, think of it this way. Can we predict if the Bengals are going to win a game if they change the length of the field during the game. You can't really predict exactly anything when when kind of the metrics of how we measure things are changing all the time, so as tariffs and the rules are changing on a daily basis, not only the Trump administration but also as you mentioned, countries are reciprocating, so we're just moving things back and forth on both ends. The market hates that, and that's why we're in a bit of a downturn here.
Speaker 1: Well, I would putting them in place and just saying that's it, they're fixed. Would that provide some stability in the market or the market would go down simply because it's going to cost more to purchase foreign goods and we'll be exporting fewer American goods. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 14: I don't think that would happen because we never say we're gonna put this tariff in place. It's gonna sit here for two years. We're going to use it until we get what we want. And that's the unpredictable part. We have gotten the responses, you know, as a negotiating tool, these are things that have that have elicited responses, and we've gotten other countries to start acting as we've wanted them to. You know, that's not quite a tariff, but our threats to back out of NATO has gotten finally European nations to start spending the correct or closer to the correct percentages of their GDPs on defense. That's the same structure they're trying here. Let's just simply make the change the rules, change the inputs, meaning the US is going to put less into these kinds of things. That's going to force everybody to react in a manner that we're hoping to gain from them, and then we can see whether we still need it. We don't want permanent tariffs. They're not a way to make money. They're a way to change the behavior of those we're doing business with, and once we get that, we'll.
Speaker 1: Back out, all right, Well, pitting over to buy seller hold, what do we what do we do with a plummeting stock? And I mean most of everything I think I'm invested in through my financial planner index funds, so it's filled. It's comprised of hundreds of different stocks. So I'm not picking and choosing which stocks I'm personally holding. It's in a bundle of other stocks. But assuming someone is buying a specific stock, like let's just use Tesla as an example, which is down fifty percent, how do you decide what to do with something like that?
Speaker 14: Brian Sure, Well, those specific types of examples, it depends on what your what your goal is.
Speaker 3: If your goal is.
Speaker 14: Simply to build a financial plan for your household and execute on that. And you need growth to keep up with inflation over time. But your goal is not to try to be the market or to own cool stocks that you can one up people on the on the first tee of the golf outing every Saturday morning. Yeah, then you're taking the right approach. At the end of the day, all that matters is that you can you can outpace inflation and grow your assets and still live the lifestyle you're trying to. That's a little different than I want to own Tesla, and I really support Elon Musk, so I'm going to ride this out. Well, that better not be your Neste, because that's going to be a volatile stock. And the reasons for volatility in that specific example are completely self inflicted. Yes, man invented a product that everybody wanted and that filled a need, and then he chose to throw it into the fire for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: I cut you off. Go ahead, Oh no, you know, but I mean people are holding him personally responsible for, you know, exercising some cuts in government, and that's I suppose they're prerogative, but you know, five minutes ago he was the dark of the left because he's going to save the planet from carbon emissions, and everybody was out buying Tesla's the virtue signal or on the mistaken belief that it was environmental, the environmentally good thing to do.
Speaker 14: Correct, And if you you it's hard to even point at what the motivations are because if it was about you know, usually we blame greed and the greed of corporate America and so on and so forth. Well, he had to know, he's not a stupid man. He had to know that he was going to take some hits, a few politions, oh yeah, spots along the way, and many of his companies by making these moves. And he made them anyway, which tells us that he's a leader who is not driven by profit and efficiency. He's driven at least in some part by power.
Speaker 1: Indeed. Well, okay, so I understand you. Managing emotions is important. And of course, if you have you know, a financial planner managing your portfolio and it is in all these you know, mixed index funds, then just ride it out. It's all going to go away. Don't divest because the market's gone down. Hell, I've been through the downs and ups over my life, and as you always point out, Brian James, it always ends up going up over time. At least historically, that's always been the trend. Unless something like the Fiat currency collapses because of our overspending and government that's a completely different scenario that we can't plan for. But beyond that, it just continues to go up over time in spite of the downturns from time to time.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and thanks for the minder that we weren't even discussing the article at ant here with my little side tour on Elon Musk. But no, this is what I tell my clients every time we have any kind of a concern, which is that it is long as long as there is greed in the market, as long as someone outs there out there once more dollars than they currently have, then there is going to be a stock market. Stock market has existed in some fashion for the last four or five hundred years. This is why you learned about the Dutch East India Company in the fifth grade. You didn't know why you were learning it. Your fifth grade teacher didn't know why they were teaching it. But this is why it was the origin of the stock market. That's five hundred years ago. So now fast forward to today, and every company under the sun worth at salt you can buy shares of, and sometimes they go up and down. I think what it boils down to, Brian Thomas, is that there are five years that I consider attention getters within the last century. That's two thousand and eight, nineteen thirty seven, seventy four, two thousand and two, and twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: We just had one.
Speaker 14: These are all years where the market was down more than fifteen percent. What they all have in common is every last one of them was followed by a year where the pendulum swung back the other way and got back most, if not all, of the of what had been lost. So if you can make sure you hang on for a three year time period, then you're going to be okay. And we do that by making sure that the dollars we need in that period aren't exposed to this in the first place. That's an emergency fund, all right.
Speaker 1: For those out there buying individual stocks, I mean, your options when the thing goes down is buy seller, hold, And I like to buy option because if you believe in the business and you think it has legs and will ultimately come back because it's providing a service or good that people value, then you may be good in buying more. It's a buying opportunity because it's probably going to go back up, although that's not the case with Boeing of late.
Speaker 14: That's true, but again, that's the whole point we were talking about before any one stock is going to have its issues that you can't see coming out of left field. Hopefully most of the people were talking to are on their way to work and you have a four to oh one K, four h three B or something like that.
Speaker 1: You are congratulations.
Speaker 14: You are already doing the right thing, as long as you haven't gone into your payroll department and told them to stop pulling money out to contribute to your bi weekly or weekly paycheck or whatever you have because you are investing through this downturn. I love this situation, Brian, for people who have just gotten started. In the last five years, we have seen the absolute best the markets can be, and we could have seen the worst. Those of you who remember twenty two into twenty three and twenty four, you'll remember that you saw your four to oh one K grow very very quickly, and it might have confused you that's the pendulum swinging, pendulum swinging back the other way, and that's those dollars that you invested at the bottom getting a nitro boost all the way back to the top. So if you leave it alone, you're doing the right thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're acquiring more stock for less money when it's in a downturn. So I'd like that advice for folks just starting out. You're doing it at the right time. Right now, you're plumping down the entire cycle. Now, I just wait for it and watch your money grow, because it ultimately will. It's possible bring prying back to talk about apparently one in three folks have been victims of a financial scam. More with Money, mondays Brian James after a quick couple of words from my friends at Foreign Exchange imported cars traditionally imported Asian or European. You're in the best possible hands taking it to Foreign Exchange, because you're gonna have an SE certified Master technician working on your car, a guy you can actually are, a person you can actually talk to if you're inclined to want to do that, Like I am. I don't want to talk to the service manager I want to talk to the person's working on my car. I've been going to Foreign Exchange for years. I still under warranty. Car gets its oil changes there because I save a couple of one hundred dollars per oil change. Speaking of money, Monday and money matters, save money, keep it in your pocket, maybe invested in the market, but you will save money versus the dealer, and your car will be repaired with a full worn on both parts and service. They'll treat you great too. They're wonderful people. At the Westchester location. I can speak directly to that one, because that's one I've been going two for years. It's a Tylersville exit off of I seventy five. Just two little streets. Hang a right on Kingland Drive as you proceed east off of seventy five on Tylersville and tell them Brian said Hi. When you stop in and when you call for an appointment, they can take care of your car. Trust me. Exotic to the regular run of the mill cars anything five one three, six, four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six by them online. Go to Foreign X four in the letter X dot.
Speaker 7: Com fifty five car the talk station, AY twenty here fifty five KERR CD Talk Station Brian Thomas.
Speaker 1: One more segment here with Money Monday's Brian James. There's just some frightening statistics on the amount of fraud and scam that's going on out there. Brian James. Yeah, absolutely, So we're seeing a spike.
Speaker 14: I go figure, whenever there is a crazy market activity, we wind up with with people trying to take advantage. So about one in three adults have experienced financial fraud in the past twelve months. About two and five have actually lost money, So that includes nineteen percent of people who lost money because somebody accessed their personal information. At about a quarter of them actually sent money themselves to a scammer or paid for some kind of phony service or something.
Speaker 1: This isn't new. We've had fraud.
Speaker 14: Of course, there were counterfeit currencies as long as there have been currencies. We had our friend Charles Ponzi might remember him, Oh yeah, in the eighteenth century, and then ever since it's been the rise of telecommunications and social media has just made it all louder.
Speaker 1: But the endgame is pretty much still the same, it really is, And we talk every week with Dave Hatter for Tech Friday at six thirty on Fridays, and a week doesn't go by, he isn't highlighting or elevating another form of fraud or attention. And the FBI quite often will issue warnings and alerts about new scams. It's just so easy to do because so many people are connected with social media and the Internet, and there are a lot of gullible people out there, and most notably the senior community. I'm not taking a poke at him, it's just they tend to be more believing and and and and more prone to being subject to these attacks. So are we looking at any particular type or style of financial fraud that this article highlights? Well, I think what we're.
Speaker 14: Seeing most you kind of hinted at it already, or seniors are being taken advantage of because you know, at some point, for every last one of us, the shields go down just a little bit, and the scammers out there know that. And there are team ways to get in touch with people nowadays and can and convince them how to think a little differently using social media, of course, So the ways to kind of protect here is if you feel like you might be in a situation like this, you might have a loved one in a situation like this, then make sure you have alerts set up on all of your financial accounts. There are ways that you if you look deep in the settings and those kinds of things that you know. Normally people log into their financial sites and get what they need and get back out. We'll spend some time for a pot of coffee and look at the different bells and whistles inside your credit card provider, in your bank's website, they will text you if transactions are happening, if somebody bugs in from a different computer that the bank has not seen before. There are a lot of ways that you can be informed that something's going wrong, and consider having those texts go to somebody who isn't you, If you have a trusted adult child, or you know, even just anybody, just a second set of eyes, just like anything else, can be really really helpful and protect us from these things.
Speaker 1: And two factor authentication, changing your passwords, getting a password manager that creates really complex passwords that people can't hack into, and shut off your credit I mean you can contact trans and Union and Experience and close your credit out so no one can you know, can can try to open credit in your name. That's something I did years ago. Yeah, that's a great point. Freeze your credit.
Speaker 14: You can do that. You can turn it on and off. It adds an extra step. But if you don't really need to apply for a new credit all that often, and most people shouldn't be, that's a whole other conversations you are, then yeah, freeze it off and just make it impossible to use.
Speaker 1: One mora'll throw out there.
Speaker 14: If you have not logged in or set up your own social security profile a my social security profile, then you should go do that. You may not be receiving social Security or maybe you don't have any questions about it or whatever, but you should still go claim it. That way, you'll know that you're the one who got it. That's another way that people are stealing identities.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 14: If someone has never set up their soci security profile and they get a hold of your social security number, well, they can begin to impersonate you a lot more easily.
Speaker 1: So go set that up and lock it down. Well, and they can begin in person you a lot more easily if they have access to all the information on your computers, and you know as Dave points out all the time every week. Don't click on suspicious links or emails. I mean I don't click on I mean my friends with my mom sends me links, and my friends will send me links, and I am loath to click on any of them because it literally could be something that would maliciously launch software into my computer.
Speaker 14: Yeah, if you suspect you might get an email that looks like your bank, Yeah, it's going to have the logo, it's going to look like something they legitimately sent you. If you have a suspicion that maybe this is a real thing I need to deal with, don't click that link.
Speaker 1: Log into the bank's website.
Speaker 14: If it's truly an important problem, it'll be the first thing in your face in a form of a notification or something like that. But don't click the email in or the link inside the email. Go straight to the bank or call them and ask if there's anything they need or if they're noticing any problems.
Speaker 1: On their end. Amen to that. And you got to be very proactive on this. And if you're proactive, the likelihood of getting scammed or having your money ripped off it drops precipitously. Brian Jennings. Appreciate the sound advice as always, and it's important to get a financial planner that's working in your court and feed based financial plannets have a fiduciary obligation to you to maximize the return on your investment, so do that and then you don't have to worry about it. Brian James, thanks for the time he spilled my listeners each and every week here for money Monday, and I'll look forward to having another discussion with you next week.
Speaker 14: Happy Saint Patrick's Day. May all things stay green all day long.
Speaker 1: Amen, brother A twenty five Right now, if you have care, se the talk station anybody, get in cut in touch with QC Kinetics. QC Kinetics can help you with your pain and you may be a great candada for QC Kinetics and it is a free consultation. These are regeneritive medicine. These are taking your body's natural healing properties and constant the place them exactly where that pain is. You know your hip, your knee joint pain generally speaking, so if it's impacting your life, this chronic pain, having trouble sleeping, walking, day to day movement, maybe you want to avoid surgery and the pain and uncertainty that goes along with that, or more importantly, you missed one of the things you love, like playing golf or picking up grandchildren, maybe even jogging. And if the pain's holding you back, see if you're a good candidate and it's easy to do, just schedule the appointment. It's a free consultation to reach QC Kinetics five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. One more time. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one.
Speaker 3: Nine fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: This let's turn to our health. I am pleased to welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Doctor Catherine aka Katie Reid. You's the founder of Unblind My Mind, inco, nonprofit dedicated to improving health through informed food choices. It's got a background of biotech, cancer, pharmaceuticals and brings a wealth of scientific knowledge to her work on ronic inflammatory disease. Joining the fifty five KRC Morning Show to talk about a book she co wrote along with Barbara Pice, PhD It is Fat, Stressed and Sick msg Processed Food in America's health Crisis. Doctor Reid is a real pleasure to have you on the program this morning.
Speaker 15: Oh thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how you feel about it. I honestly very excited about RFK Junior and hopefully his ability through raising our awareness so kind of the things you're talking about in your book, so we can make informed choices about our diets, because I think a lot of people are really uninformed about processed foods and are what's in them, including as you illustrate and number one out of the gate and the title of your book MSG. I remember all the raids was getting Chinese restaurants to drop MSG from their from the foods, and we're going back a couple of decades at least on that one, and a lot of them advertised no MSG added. Good. Well apparently it's all over the place.
Speaker 2: It is, It's all over the place.
Speaker 15: And yeah, you know, I'm excited about RFK Junior making some changes about you know, being aware and having a you know, back to real whole foods, not such the process, but the Yeah, the processed foods. The MSG is hidden in the ingredient with and so even foods that will say no MSG added, what it's implying is it's not pure MSG are not including MG that's created from the processing of proteins.
Speaker 14: Okay, it's a bit of.
Speaker 1: A yeah, So it's not on the label as contains MSG. But MSG is in the foods that we buy, the process foods we buy because of how it's how the food is made.
Speaker 15: How it's processed, and if you think about ingredient labels, they're not required to put the manufacturing process on there and then the end product resulting from that processing. So if you take a protein and you process it with a bunch of you know, pasteurization, acid, hydrolysis, fermentation, it'll degrade the protein into its component parts, the amino acids, and glutamate is an amino acid.
Speaker 2: And they know that.
Speaker 15: I mean, that's how MSG used to be process is using wheat gluten and doing an acid hydrolysis.
Speaker 4: On the wheat gluten.
Speaker 15: But now there's cheaper processes to making MSG, so they're very well aware that processing these proteins makes MSG. It's a very addicting component, so we keep going for more. It hijacks our taste receptors and our brain thinks it's wonderful, and so it's like rigged against us trying to find a healthier, more quality of life.
Speaker 1: Well, isn't that the point of MSG being an additive or as a byproduct of processing to make the food taste better, like salt makes food taste better.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 15: It is the underlying mechanism of all addictions. But so they're they're putting it in there too for you know, increasing profits, increasing you know, consumption.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, I think most people know that is a just a giant a dietary recommendation. We all hear it, stay away from processed foods. How do you define processed foods? Is like if I go out to the Indian restaurant, I get carry out, I don't think of that as processed food. They're using spinach, they're using a specific kind of cheese, or they're using whole chunks of meat, And if I did that at home, it wouldn't be defined as process So how does that, you know, homemade preparation type thing differ from a processed food as we know it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and there's different categories on the degrees of processing. So it's the ultra processed foods that they discussed in the book, you know, fat, stressed, and sick. MSG processed foods in America's health crisis. You know, that can be purchased on Amazon. That it really is the ultra processed foods that contains the largest amount of the MSG because of the processing of the proteins. So you just mentioned cheese, and a lot of people won't consider that process, but that is process you're taking. Yeah, you're taking milk, you're fermenting it, you're you know, having it. You know, cultures that are added to it to degrade the proteins and caseine, the major protein in milk or dairy products, is then degraded and so you get glutamate as a byproduct of the fermentation of that milk. The more age the.
Speaker 1: Cheese, the more the higher the MSG.
Speaker 15: And so you know, even the breads the way they're making them, they're fortifying it with gluten, they're fermenting it, they're adding you know, a bunch of different ingredients that will degrade that protein. So if you think about cheese and bread, well, wow, you know that's like a big staple in American But then like you know, the the Americans craze on protein. You know, the protein powders collagen seems to be a big fad lately, but they're using hydrolyzed collagen. They're using an acid hydrolysis process on that collagen that will degrade that protein and break it up into its subunits of amino acids, glutamate, you know, being a significant part of that degradation. Weigh protein is a it's actually a cheese byproduct, waste product from you know, making cheese, and so they wanted to use whey because they didn't want to have a bunch of waste from the cheese manufacturing. So now it's all over our you know, different protein enriched products, but like whig protein isolate or so a protein isolate, these are code words of it went through an extreme amount of processing. So what is not processed would be eating you know, like you said, your vegetables, your whole grains like you know, brown rice or quin waw. Starchy vegetables could be used as a carbohyde source like.
Speaker 5: Potatoes or sweet potatoes, root of bega.
Speaker 15: Having you know, good whole quality unsured or unprocessed meat like pasta, raised chicken, grass fed beef, wild caught, h seafood, and then fruits, organic raw nuts, seeds, you know. Again, the glycis shape or the round up that they're putting in.
Speaker 1: Some of these products also kind of contribute.
Speaker 15: To inflammation and some of that glutamate signaling even in the body. So those are some of the things that would be considered unprocessed. You know, you're literally just you know, so when you talk about Indian food, you know they're obviously putting a lot of you know, cheese in there, or dairy or a lot of these cream things and sauces. And even though it's got spinach, you're.
Speaker 1: Going after my pillock panier. Yeah, well, we don't do it all the time, but are we doing our souls in the Thomas household on My wife makes sour dough bread every week and uses it from sour dough starter. There's no additives, there's none of the multi gazillion labels that you're you know, the components that are in a store bought loaf of bread which will lasts like three or four weeks, if not months on your shelf. Is that a healthful thing to do? By contrast? Or are we sort of spin in our wheels thinking it's better for us?
Speaker 15: Well, I mean it is better for you than like the like you said, like the wonderbread that are like, you know, able to be in your house for weeks and weeks with half molding.
Speaker 1: Half life of patrol plutonium.
Speaker 15: Yeah exactly, but you know it's using cultures, as you suggest that the sour fermentation is using lacto bacillis bacteria to ferment the wheat, and that's how they used to make msg is fermenting gee wheat.
Speaker 1: Well, you're bursting all kinds of bubbles this morning, doctor.
Speaker 15: I know, I know, you know, but it is a happy Monday, like you said, and uh, you know, it's it's awareness and so you and if people start moving the needle like Okay, I'm going to have you know, less cheese in my diet or I'm going to have more newer cheese as opposed to like older age cheese like mozzarella or cottage cheese. And you're kind of just making more mindful choices to improve the health, especially if you're afflicted with a chronic inflammatory condition, which most of us are, Like, I mean, I think there's like seventy percent of the population that has at least one chronic inflammatory condition.
Speaker 2: Most have two.
Speaker 15: So we're dealing with a you know, a health crisis. And so this is all about getting the word out there and making more informed health choices.
Speaker 1: Well, and looping back to MSG that apparently is everywhere. Is that the problem with MSG is is this inflammatory issues that most of us are dealing with.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and so you know it is very highly inflammatory, but it's a neurotransmitter, so it's activating our nervous system, but it can trigger the inflammatory response where we're almost neurologically why to the inflammatory you know condition, And so we make all the glutamate we need where we need it, when we need it for the neurological activation or a variety of other functions. It serves in the body metabolics, you know, energy production, insulin release. I mean, it's it's signaling a variety of different functions. So when it's at high levels, it's signaling stress. It is the stress response in our body at high levels. So if you think about like anxiety for example, or people who are experiencing like panic attacks, it is typically excessive glutamate signaling that is triggering. Yes, and so if you are constantly in that you know, fight, flight, fear, fawn response, it is an excess of glutamate signaling going on in your nervous system and so yeah, and so it is. It's fascinating how this is absolutely wired to our survival response.
Speaker 8: And some people are wired.
Speaker 15: To thinking the cheetah is around the corner constantly even though there's no cheetah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it. Yeah, well, okay, Now other than that, you know, anxiety feeling, you know so many people have it. I was just ready to ask you, you know, if if so many people are dealing with this, this inflammatory disease will call it, how do they know the signs and symptoms of it? Because you know, I think of inflammation. I think of inflammation. You know, it's like you know, your your your fingers roll and or you got arthritis or something like that. But you know that the telltale signs of it, So anxiety being one of them. Are there any other signs that someone might be suffering from this perhaps MSG connected problem.
Speaker 15: Yeah, And that's where I kind of have a whole chapter in the book, you know, fact Stress and sick MSG Processed Foods in America's Health Crisis. I have a whole chapter dedicated to all the various conditions or you know what we call these states that are associated with high levels of glutamate. So obesity we wouldn't think as an inflammatory condition, but it is energy and balance. Glutamate signaling is absolutely at the basis of that. There's an entire category of depression labeled glutamate based depression. So there's depression, anxiety. My whole journey started with my youngest being on the spectrum with autism. And for those parents or anybody who's afflicted with autism, you can understand that many are it trapped in a fight like fear fawn response, or they're very vulnerable to a stress response. It doesn't take much from their environment to be like, okay, they want to shut down, right, And that she was very sensitive to glutamate, had no idea that this was really going to help her condition and have a much better quality of life by really being aware where the glutamate is in the food supply. So cancer and I go through a lot of that with cancer is if you think about cancer, cells is a metabolic cellular abnormality. Lutamate signaling will cause a lot of that abnormality because it's a stress response, and cancer can sometimes be what the body thinks is a cure to that stress response.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and so it's it is it's you know, we're getting like Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, you know, even migraine headaches are typically attributed to the successive glutamate signaling. So, like you said, the swelling could be, you know, one of these signs of you know, but pain response is a glut tomate signaling response often. I mean, there's a lot of other signals going on to but glutamate is often at the base of some of these pain responses.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we're talking like the mother load here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I understand sugar is not good for you either, So I just by cutting sugar out of my diet, I've been able to lose like seventeen pounds over the past six months. I just stay the hell away from all added sugar. So maybe by doing that, I'm also getting a lot of the MSG out of my diet because everything's got added sugar, and it's a product with added sugar, I'm not going to eat it exactly.
Speaker 2: No, It's true.
Speaker 13: It's like, so once you start.
Speaker 15: Getting rid of refined sugars, you are eliminating a lot of processed foods, and that is where you know, you start to get rid of a lot of the MSG sources.
Speaker 1: Now I've learned a lot today, Doctor Reed. This has been a fascinating conversation. Your book Fat, Stressed and Sick MSG Processed food An America's Health Crisis is on my blog page fifty five cars dot com and the link so everybody can get it. And I appreciate what you're doing raising America's awareness to where the problems come from. And I hope you keep up the great work, and I hope a lot more people start paying attention. One more time for the weather. Tene nine says today turning sunny and we'll have a higher fifty four down to thirty nine overnight, clear sky, mostly sun tomorrow with the highest seventy few clouds over night down to fifty two, and a warm windy day. Wednesday, they got a front coming in rain and a cooler temperature show up around sunset. We'll see a highest seventy two though right now it's thirty seven degrees in time for final traffic from the US.
Speaker 12: Health Traffic Center. The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials in the region's only young onset cola rectal Cancer Program called five one three five.
Speaker 10: Eighty five UCCC.
Speaker 12: I'm keeping an eye on a stalled vehicle seventy five northbound at Galbreth Road. Your left lane is blocked so here on the breaks from Norwood Lateral. Also planned for slowdowns on I two seventy five westbound between New Richmond and five Mile and tipsters are reporting some water on the roadway Bank Street at seventy five. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 10: The Talk Station.
Speaker 1: It's a forty nine if if you five KRC the talk station, wrapping up a Monday interesting conversation, learn some stuff today with doctor Reid, and you get a copy of that book a fifty five KRC dot com. Check out my conversation with Nick Smile, executive director of the Tools Program. Got a big event coming up, get the get signed up for that. And that is the organization that's going to get you or your young person at home connected with a job in the trades where they're going to earn while they learn and have a lifetime career that is actually very well paying. And yes, there are a ton of job opportunities out there in the trades. Always love having them on and get real excited for opportunities that young people have that don't involve going to a four year college again a college degree in being one hundred plus thousand dollars in debt at the end of the process. Christopher smithment with the Smith event as well in my conversation with Brian James, I just wanted to read a little segment out of this article I saw Epoch Times, and it's a it's a read that you should read. Massive Lithium ion battery fire raises questions about California's energy future and it talks about this fire that broke out at this battery storage facility. You probably recall me talking about or maybe read about it in yourself and the news. But all the shenanigans that went on, the fast tracking, the the the the approval process, the looking the other way because oh this is green, this is a green project, and you know, ignoring the huge, huge safety problems that these present. So let me just read a little excerpt from it. What's in the plume has ample experience with lithium fires. There have been ten battery storage fires in California since twenty twenty one, and Vistra that's the one that most recently caught fire several times used LG batteries comprised of roughly fifty percent manganese, nickel and cobalt. At the county's request, the APA began monitoring early for air quality testing for hydrogen fluoride, one of the most toxic compounds emitted in battery fires, along with particulate matter typically measuring in air quality monitoring. Vistra also installed its own air monitors, but there was no mention of heavy metals in reporting from the EPA, VISTRA, state agencies, or the county, not until scientists working with the Elkhorn Slaw that's the area made a stunning announcement in late January. As a result of the fallout from the smoke, surface soil and nature preserve had drastically elevated levels of these compounds hundreds two thousands of times above background levels. Part of the concern over heavy metal that they don't biodegrade and can easily accumulate in the food chain. Even at very low levels. They have a cumulative impact over time, making the determination of a safe threshold a matter of contention. In humans, exposure to heavy metals and other toxins such as pesticides, can give longer term impacts, damaging DNA, interfering with protein and enzyme function, creating oxidative stress, and stimulating cancer progression. According to multiple global studies in livestock, and they had a number of stillborn livestock out there real high concentrations after this fire. Studies show exposure can cause damage to the central nervous system and reproductive failure, as well as impacting other organ systems, among other impacts. Nickel and cobalt especially problematic, according to do To Joseph Landolf, associated professor with USC's Kex School of Medicine and an expert in chemically induced carc carcinenicity who often works with the EPA. He said quote Nickel is a carcinogen, especially in insoluble form, where it can cause damage to the sinuses and lungs, resulting in tumors and occasionally to the kidneys. Normally, he said, EPA would conduct a complete risk assessment of the whole area, which is expensive and time consuming calculate the exposure risk properly. Some industrial hygienis and area resident Michael Polcaalba said reporting from the government and VISTRA mitt misleading, said from a tennial standpoint, is a big shock that EPA was only monitoring for two airborne hazards. Monterey County has just taken a back seat, and no one else is asking the obvious question, what's in the plume? That giving the all clear sign to move back the next day was based on just two point five particulate matter and hydrogen fluoride, he said, referring to particles measuring two point five micrometers in diamond or less used to monitor air quality. Said they didn't even consider other contaminants involved. And this article just goes on and on and on about sort of turning the other way and not providing a sufficient information. And this is dangerous stuff. I mean, the more I read, the more my mouth fell open and disbelief. And these poor folks living in the area, you know, it's literally a carpet coating of these dangerous compounds on everything. And because it doesn't break down in the soil, it's likely to end up in the food chain. Plants grow in the soil and it's absorbed up through the plants. Cows eat the grass, and of course it's absorbed into the cows. I mentioned the reproductive issues. And again the article starts out with one farmer out there who just shortly after the plume hit up and coated the area. He lost quite a few livestock stillborns. So you know it ain't green when you think about it. Along these lines, of course, you got the manufacturing process which is terrible, and you got the slave labor in Africa that's bringing forth all these rare earth minerals that go into the batteries, and then of course storage of the batteries and these runaway fires that happened. So yeah, uh, you don't hear that from Greta Thunberg and the global warming folks, do you, Yeah, wait till it comes to your neighborhood. Anyhow. Epoch Times massive lithium ion battery fire raises questions about California's energy future. It's quite a long article, but it is well worth read. So check that out if you got some free time and you're looking to get to enlighten yourself on the dangers associated with this fifty five carosy dot com and why you are there. You listen to the podcast and getting a copy of doctor Read's book, make sure you download your iHeartMedia aps. You can stream the audio wherever you happen to be, including Japan. Fifty five Caroosee Morning Show one Global. This morning, Keith, my friend who listens in here and when he's in town, is in Japan and he was streaming the audio right there and sent me a picture of Mount Fuji from outside of his hotel window. I thought that was really cool. So thanks Keith for tuning in from the other side of the globe. Tune in tomorrow, Bright Bart Inside Scoop along with the Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Have a great day. Thanks Joe Strekker for producing the program as always, appreciate you, brother. Don't go away, folks, climb back.
Speaker 7: Next a full rundown and the biggest headlines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know. Fifty five krs the talk station this