Speaker 1: You're listening to Bigfoot Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron Tonight's story isn't from a camper or a hiker. It's from a paranormal investigator just trying to get home through the mountains of Colorado. But what he saw on that quiet morning changed everything. October third, twenty eighteen, A figure climbs from the river, crosses the road in four strides, and locks eyes with the man behind the wheel, Jet black, nine feet tall, and gone in seconds. This is in secondhand. This isn't a legend. This is the story of Brian, the man who watched sasquatch run across the road. So stay with us, all right, Bigfoot Society. But the privilege of talking to Brian today. Brian's an individual that I was connected to over on the Facebook platform and Brian has had an interesting encounter over there by Bailey, Colorado. So welcome to the show. Brian. How's it going today?
Speaker 2: Ah? Pretty good? How are you doing it?
Speaker 1: Doing great? Doing great? We were just talking about some weird electrical things that were happening before we started, so we'll see how this goes. But right, I want to make sure that you know you have the time to share what is that you experience. So I'm going to go ahead, pass things over to you and we'll go from there.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds good. Well, I first of all am a paranormal investigator, and actually I was doing a investigation in Cripple Creek, Colorado, and I live in Loveland and in northern Colorado. So my wife had to use the car the next day because we only had one car, so I had to drive overnight to get back. So I'm driving back and I end up outside of Bailey, Colorado at seven thirty in the morning Monday, October third, twenty eighteen. So I'm the only one on the highway at seven thirty in the morning. There was a car that was probably two and a half miles ahead of me. So as I'm traveling, there's a river that flows alongside the highway. So as I'm going, all of a sudden, I see this figure running up from the river at an angle at my car. And he came up from the river and there's rocks actually between the highway and the river, so he climbed the rocks, and what I saw I could not believe. So he came, he came out, and he went across seventy five feet from my car. It was a jet black male, bigfoot nine feet tall, and he took four lunching footsteps across my across the highway in front of my car, and seeing this, I could not believe what I was seeing. And so as he went across, he started to slow up. As he was going up into the there was a hill that goes up into the woods, and so he slowed up. So I slowed my car down to like five miles per hour, and I looked out my window, my door window, and I got within i'd say, ten feet of him, and saw the back which was huge, and saw the head which was the cone shaped head up there, and then he slowly went up into the woods. And I probably had twelve different emotions and through me at the time, and it totally changed my whole aspect of what is out there in the woods and of course in that area, which I learned. I got a hold of the Sasquatch Outposts and Museum in Bailey, and I talked to my friend Jim Myers, who is the owner, and I later find out that that area is ground zero for sightings. So I'm not the only one to have a sighting out there, so that's what got me more interested in, you know, searching for bigfoot. So we went back up there in twenty nineteen and Jim and I went out to the area where I had my sighting and we found huge footprints in the sand and that was incredible, And so what we did we went up to Kenosha Pass, which is about probably five miles away from Bailey, colorb And actually two weeks after at my sighting, a mother and daughter had an encounter up there and they got actually chased by three of them and they had rocks thrown at them at the car. So Jim and I went up there, and this is during the day, and we spent probably an hour or so up there doing bigfoot calls, and all of a sudden, we got a whoop sound and we got a tree knock up there, and Jim's like, we've got to get out of here now. And I did take photographs of that area, and supposedly I couldn't see it, but a lady on Facebook said that she saw one of them watching us up there as well. So yes, So anyhow, further a year after that, well two years after that, I live in Loveland, which is up in northern Colorado, and I'm between here in Essence Park, and so I went up to what is called Glen Haven's was very very small town and I went up there hiking alone during the day once and I did a bigfoot call and immediately got a grawl back and it was no other animal I could even think of, and this thing was close, and so I just like, well, I'm done for the day and I got out of there. And so so yeah, I've I've had a couple of experiences, one visual, two vocals up there, and I tell you, it's it's incredible these things do exist. And so last year we went up to Bigfoot Days up into Espce Park and I got to meet Ronnie le Blank, Russell Accord, and Rennee Holland and Russell and I still heard my story about my encounter and incredibly awesome guy, very friendly, very in depth and he's just like, Brian, I really need to sit down and talk to you, and I want all the details of what you saw. And so I got to sit down with him tell him everything that I saw. And so yeah, I mean, I tell you, it changes your perspective of life on what's out there in the woods. So yes, and people are asking me, are like, well, didn't you have it on camera? Gil. You know, I wasn't even looking for Bigfoot that day. I was just trying to get home and it was just a random thing that happened. It just you know, he came out of nowhere. I was totally unprepared. I wasn't even thinking about Bigfoot. And yeah, I mean it was in both site to see and he when he went across that highway, I mean he had that big arm swing that she saw in the Patterson Gimlet film, that big, you know, striving arm swing and the footsteps four footsteps, that's all it took to get across a three lane highway. And he was booking and he wanted to get up into that woods quickly. So yeah, And I've talked since all have had these encounters. I've talked to other individuals in the States that have had encounters, and I've had one guy talk to me about well, one guy up in Red Feather Lakes, which is an hour from here. We I talked to this gentleman and him and his friends and three of his dogs were surrounded by the deck and so the dogs took off, but they found him the next morning. No harm done or anything like that. So me and my wife went up to bread Feathers and we saw structures up there as well too, And I did set up trail camps in some spots, and I did get eyes shine on one of the trail camps up there, but I cannot, you know, decipher if it was a onlon or it was a different kind of animal. I just saw what looked like eyes. I talked to a guy that was in Salt Park that lives in Salt Park recently and heard them all the time in the woods, the whoops, the streams, the halls, everything, and so Colorado is definitely a hotspot for big coort activity as well. So oh yeah, I've had plenty of experiences.
Speaker 1: Brian, that's some really interesting encounters that you've had, not I would agree. You know, I've actually been talking to a few Colorado people over the last few weeks. They're just not out yet, and it's just I've actually just talked to Jim about a week ago, which is such a fun chat. But that Bailey Colorado area that he is, But I mean that area does have some really interesting big fight activity going on. Did you just some questions about about that sighting you had, what you were able to see go across the road in front of you. Would you categorize it as something that looked more ape like or human like or is it just something completely out of nowhere?
Speaker 2: If you've ever seen the Rock, the famous give or Robert Patterson, give him the film, exactly what I saw just yeah, I mean this was this. I was very close and people asked me, how do you know it was a male? And the angle that he came at? Okay, And I did see the face as well too, for a fraction of a couple of seconds. I did see the face because he I'm sorry, he came at a Oh let's see. If you're looking outside your car and you're looking through the passenger window and looking kind of at an angle, that's what he came out. So I had a front view of him before he turned, and yeah, his face completely dark, jet black. This was just my interpretation. He had to be about eight hundred pounds of for your muscle at least. I mean, this thing was huge. And the day I talked to Jim, Jim's a fantastic human being. I love Jim and he's just like, where did you see it? Where did you see it? I go just out by It's called ben Tyler Trail, which is also another place where a gentleman in twenty sixteen had a sighting with his pitbull. He saw a female fast watch. He was only fifty feet away from at and so it was in that area. But I'd say between a humanoid and an alight type of a creature, he was upright ran just huge, I mean just yeah, about nine feet to and yeah, I mean the most incredible thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: Was there anything that you noticed that the bigfoot community usually gets wrong about bigfoot?
Speaker 2: You know what frustrates me is when I really frustrates me, his people, the trols. Okay, it's just I'm sorry, it just frustrates me. It's people that you know, criticize other people into believing, you know, what they saw, Okay. And all I can say is to these people that you know criticize them, go out in the woods, go out and camp, you know experiences, go into areas that are known for bigfoot activity and you'll see for yourself. Okay. So having said that, my wife, when she was seven years old had the most incredible bigfoot experience you'll ever have. So she was camping with her family California, and she went on a little nature hike. She came face to face with one seven feet away in broad daylight. She looked down at the feet. It was a dusty tan bickfoot and she said that it was sniff in the air, it was grunting, and it was just and then it ran off and hit and so yeah, I mean, you got experience it. If you don't believe in it, go on in the woods where there's high activity and experience it, and you'll see for yourself that these creatures do exist. And they're good at hiding. You know, they're good at camouflaging. They're good at hiding. But I'll tell you the screams, the yells, everything will put shock waves through your body. And they will because they are loud and powerful. And I can tell one more story here. I talked to a lady a couple of years ago with her husband who were camping up in Steamboat Strings and Colorado, and they were in their tent and she heard footsteps going around the tent and all of a sudden, the big hand pushed down against the tent and caressed her head. It went across her head and then it took on. So yes, and also I've gotten the I've actually gotten to Minnesota, to Reamer, Minnesota, which they proclaimed the Bigfoot Capital of the World up there, and I've talked to witnesses up there that have had experiences as well up there. So not only have I been in Colorado doing this, but I've also had the privilege of going up to Minnesota and also experiencing it up there as well.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, but that's a place that is on my list to visit eventually as well. Would you ever want to have another sighting again?
Speaker 2: Oh, definitely, definitely, definitely. I go out looking for these things. Uh, you know it, You're adrenaline. When you see it, You're adrenaline just goes into overdrive. I mean people ask me what were you thinking, and I go shock, surprise, being scared, this total in awe of these creatures. Everything just goes through you like that and stuff, and it's just I couldn't believe what I what I see, especially during the day, and you know, these these creatures, you know, usually are at night and hide and everything in the woods and stuff like that. But once you see one out in the daylight, daylight like that, that is just incredible. And we just had one in long Lin, seventeen miles away from here. I just told you about it. Remember I talked to you about that one out by outside of Barmont, Colorado, out in the open, and a lady just thought, was it a week and a half ago out in the open out on the road, and she described that one around eight feet tall, around ten thirty at night. You saw it and everything, she said, the moonlight illuminated the creature. It was upright, she said, fifty two years a living year. I've never seen anything like that. And so you know, it's their their behavior is unpredictable. I mean, they're intelligent creatures. I mean they know how to hide and know how to camouflatch. And I mean it's people that don't believe need to go out into the woods to experience that to themselves.
Speaker 1: Also if if they do, to just be aware of just you know the old saying, be careful what you wish for, because uh, well, I guess that's a question for you. You know, being a paranormal investigator, I would imagine you're very sensitive to things. You're probably very intuitive. Did this how did did this affect you in any way after this sighting regards to being sensitive to things or no?
Speaker 2: No, no, it just got me interested and it kind of uh really got me going into now, you know, besides doing investigations for the paranormal, going out and looking for these things and stuff, interviewing people and stuff. And you know, of course last year meeting Ronnie LeBlanc and Russell Accord from Expedition Bigfoot, and then meeting Renee Holden from you know, Finding Bigfoot. I mean, Renee was just like, Wow, what an experience. I haven't had one yet. I could not even father what you would have been thinking. I go, I go, yeah, it's it's something. It is just incredible, I mean, and so yeah, I mean my even my boss where I work, his his his brother saw one in California too as well too, and so yeah, I mean, it's it's an incredible thing. And what really you know, watching these shows and everything like that and everything too. And you know, my belief is too is if you re respect them, they'll leave you alone. Okay, if you are going to observe them, respect them, keep your distance, you know, and if things get too out of control to where they're coming after you get out there, you know, don't don't try to engage them because you know, of course you're not going to win on that one. But you know, if you do, you know, see one, be still, don't overreact, you know, don't try to be aggressive with them and stop. So I can tell you that one up in Glen Haaven, we saw structures up there as well too. And I just talked to a guy that worked in the fourth industry just about two weeks ago up in that area. He was and he heard streams as well too, bigfoot streams as well. And so that area up there is also a host spot for sightings as well as Docu mount National Park. A guys just filmed one during the day walking in the park. So Colorado is a hotspot for bigfoot activity.
Speaker 1: Did you say there was one just filmed in Rocky Mountain Park.
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure when it was. I saw it on Facebook. I've been trying to find it on YouTube but I can't find it. But I saw it on Facebook, okay. And a gentleman was it was during the day he was filming and he saw one walking in the woods. And there have been reports in Rocky mount National Parks of Bigfoot as well too. And I did have a former friend who told me that she and her friend were horseback riding one and they heard a scream and the horses got startled, and so they immediately got out of there as well too, So I mean they're wrong. I mean, it's it's a It's a fascinating thing. Is when you when you experienced what I experienced, it totally changes your life.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine, I really can only imagine. Yeah, do you have any thoughts about why Colorado seems to be such a just a perfect spot. I mean, there's there's so many things that seem to happen out there.
Speaker 2: All the mounds, it's just quite simple, wooded areas, the mountains, a lot of places to hide up there and stuff. So what really has got me curious is why Bailey is such a hot spot. And I could tell you that there's so much wooded area up in that area and stuff, and there's so many places high plus you've got like ranches, river systems, you know, all that stuff, fish, everything that they need to survive, and so that kind of that area is really a good location for sightings up there. So yeah, talking to Jim too, and learning all these areas as well too, you know, and you know, kind of figuring out where you know, the look and everything too, is another key to looking for these creatures. Oh.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Do you have any ideas about why you both had to leave so quickly after? Was it you heard a knock and a scream?
Speaker 2: And okay? So well I was with Jim that day, okay, and Jim had that that enhanced uh microphone, and so we did a we did a bigfoot call and all of a sudden you hear, you know, and then you hear a huge tree knock, and Jim's just like turned to me, he goes, we gotta get out here, because they were close and being in that where we were, we were in the middle of nowhere, okay, and stuff. I mean there was back roads and everything we had to go through and stuff, and so yeah, we were kind of in a perilous situation there, you know. And so yeah, we got in the truck and got out there and stuff, and so but yeah, I mean, it's yeah, it's it's something. I mean, the one that the guy that saw with his pitbull the female sasquat. Of course, Jim has a he had a painting done. Jim has that up in his museum and everything too. And I guess this guy was so traumatized he moved out of state. I mean, he was so traumatized he actually ran. I guess his dog beat him to the car, you know. But he he didn't even go down the whole trail. He just went shortcuts to get out of there and everything too. And from what I hear about that one was that it just grunted. It just like that to him, but it didn't do anything else. But he was pretty freaked out. He was pretty traumatized about that. And I can you know, I can concur it. It's a very shocking thing to see. It's it's it'll change your life forever. It'll put perspective of what's out there in the woods. And of course, you know, people that don't believe in Bigfoot, you've got to remember that half of you know, the four areas in the country are not even you know, we haven't even crossed the service of investigating all these areas where they can be hiding.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, I mean, you just fly over the Pacific Northwest and you look down and you just think, how much of that would how much of that woods have we actually been in before or has it been years and years? And this really really makes you makes you wonder being a paranormal investigator, have a trying trying to think, how do you think there are times when people report hauntings but they're actually Bigfoot activities and maybe vice versa.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, that's a good question, That is a really good question. You know, I've been watching a lot of shows and everything too, and you know these bigfoots people say they're you know, dimensional and stuff like that, and the cloak and stuff like that, and so there there is a cord. You know, there is a difference you know with paranormal, with spirits and everything in Bigfoot. But you know people say, okay, you know with Bigfoot, so they be extraterrestrial because people have actually saw you know, like possible UFOs before Bigfoot encounter. There could be dimensional creatures where they can just disappear without leaving footprints and stuff like that. And so yeah, there is a close tie with the paranormal with Bigfoot, yes, and possibly extraterrestrial activity as well too. So yeah, I mean it's it's it's very interesting that bigfoots, you know, possibly can cloak themselves to hide. I mean, they're very intelligent creatures. They do know how to hide. You know. The people you know talk about okay, you know, why haven't we found bones or anything like that. Well, I think they are good at burying their debts and leaving no trace of that. I think that they are very good at covering their tracks. They don't want to be you know, seen or heard. They they do know how to cloak themselves with the natural environment of being in the woods. So yeah, I mean there's there's correlations of the paranormal and bigfoots. Yes, there are.
Speaker 1: Some fascinating stuff that it really does make you wonder. And you know, you hear some of these rests and I think he just you know, it's kind of like I was talking to Jim. You just have to keep your mind open you do anything, you know, mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing is with with people that that criticize people that believe, and that really kind of just irritates me. It's just like, well, if you're going to criticize people, go out and do it yourself and experience this. So what we're gonna do next summer, me and my wife is we're actually gonna go on to the Bailey area and we're going to camp. We're gonna go out there and camp and we're gonna put up trail camps. We're gonna see what goes on and everything too. And that's really one of my fascinations too, is you know, doing the overnight investigations and seeing if they'll come around to the tents, which they often do. I don't know if you've seen the just the recent episode of Expedition Bigfoot where Maria and Ko had their tense destroyed or whatever. Sure, yeah, and so yeah, I mean they are curious preachers, they are, and if people don't believe, go out and look for yourself and experience it, and it all totally change your life, it will.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Mh.
Speaker 1: Well, Brian, I would say, you know, keep keep me in the loop with with what happens when you and your wife go out to uh to camp overnight in that that Bailey area. From what Jim has told me, there's some really wild things that happen out there.
Speaker 3: So so as Jim, uh, when is Jim Actually I'm just kind of curious, just say, has Jim said, is there been recent activity out there at all?
Speaker 1: I'm just kind of he was telling me some and this is this is stuff that you know is a while back. I mean, you know, he was talking about his first visual at Wellington Lake.
Speaker 2: And yeah, he told me about that one.
Speaker 1: How a lot of stuff happens around an area called the Castle. I think, mm hmm, but h nothing nothing specifically recently, but were just talking about history.
Speaker 2: So me and my wife and are going to move up to Minnesota two more years, and so I'm actually gonna start, if you want to, We're gonna actually start doing big foot investations up there as well too, and actually going into Wisconsin, going into these hot areas. So you said you want to go up there? Do you go to Ramer, Minnesota, which is the hot spot? And they I've talked to locals around here. They've had a lot of activity around there as well, so I can actually I can't confirm this one, but we went to Reamer a couple of summers ago. We went and we went back, we went to the woods. And I'm not really sure about this one because it was really quick, but I swear that I did see one running alongside the car with us during the day. But it was in the woods as well, so I possibly had one up in Minnesota too. Wow. Yeah, I mean they're up there. I mean, if you've seen there's a famous if you go up in the YouTube twenty fourteen, just go YouTube type Christmas Bigfoot Christmas twenty fourteen. One actually during the day walked into the yard while they were celebrating Christmas, and the girl and the guy went out and do you tape it? And you see it walking in the woods and their dog actually wouldn't barked at it. But yeah, I mean it came into the yard and then it went back into the woods.
Speaker 1: Yep, Zack one you're talking about.
Speaker 2: That one is good. That one is really good. But you know, and people ask me, did you get video on it? I wasn't even looking for it that day. You know, it was seven thirty in the morning. I wanted to get home, and it's just you know, and that's the thing about big Fidy. You never know when it's gonna happen, is you know, they can come out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: That's true in so many of these encounters. It seems like you know, it doesn't it doesn't happen when you're expecting it, or when you have everything ready, like I got my recorder and my camera ready to go, it's not going to happen. Then it's it's when you don't have that stuff, and then it's just you just I guess, enjoy it if you can.
Speaker 2: But well, exactly, And that's the thing too, it's just you know, you know, especially you know, it can happen during the day, it can happen during the night and stuff like that. And I mean, if people want to go out and do it, do big you know as a woop call. The whoop calls are really good. Do a lot of tree knocks and just go up to reported areas like Bailey and you might get lucky. I mean you might not, but you might get lucky. Yeah. I know Jim very well and stuff like that. His stories are fascinating and so yeah, I mean, it's it's changes your life forever, and anybody wants to I do have a page North American sasquatch page on Facebook if anybody who wants to check that out, I do have that one as well too.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, uh well, make sure to put the link for that in the description.
Speaker 2: And what I was. The thing too, is with my wife when she was seven. You know, I've read about fascinating reports, like one report of a little child about four years old in North Carolina that were missing for four days and he came back and harmed and they asked him are you okay? And egos tall Harry creatures took care of me. And so with my wife when she was seven, this thing never harmed, it never was aggressive towards her or anything like that. So I think with childs with children and everything too, I think, really I really don't think that they're friends with children and everything. It's fascinating with that, but yeah, I mean there's been some really incredible, you know, reports of children going missing and coming back. And you know one other thing too. She was the famous psychic who did the Adamyville horror. Forget her name, did you know? She was very here and her husband they went out to because they were never in the Bigfoot, and they were called out to do Lorrie Warren here's their dame went out to Pennsylvania where this creature was stalking this house and they went out and she saw blood trails and she was able to uh telepastically communicate with this bigfoot, and this bigfoot was saying, you know, I don't mean any harm or thing like that, I'll leave. And it was hurt and she saw blood trail. And that's another thing is with the per normal and big what is its possible, you know, tell pathic communications ways of communicating as well too. So I mean there's a lot of stories out there and everything, and I think it's just fascinating.
Speaker 1: It is one of those subjects where, you know, I think it's the last great mystery and you just you hear one more account, it just sends you on a trail to another one and I just I thoroughly enjoy it. But but Brian, thank you so much for chatting tonight, and definitely, you know, keep me informed with what happens to you guys in the future. But we'll definitely have to be in touch. And thank you.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. You have a good night, you.
Speaker 1: Too, sir. All right, just want to take a minute to say thank you truly for listening to this episode of the Bigfoot Society podcast. Brian's story isn't just about a sighting. It's about a moment that cracked reality wide open. From that riverbank near Bailey to the Growl and Glen Haven. His experiences remind us how close the mystery really is and how fast it can come running. If you enjoyed this conversation, please subscribe to us on YouTube and hit that bell so you never miss an episode. And share this one with a friend who's in the Bigfoot Colorado or the Unexplained on Spotify or Apple podcasts. Follow the show and if you could leave a review, it helps so much. And hey, if you or someone you know has had a Bigfoot encounter, especially in Colorado, I want to hear from you, so shoot me an email at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. And also, don't forget Sasquatch Summerfest is coming up July eleventh through the twelfth at Greenwaters Park in Oakridge, Oregon. Bigfoot Society listeners can get two day passes for the price of one with code BFS. That's BFS at checkout. Tickets are available now at www dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com. And I hope to see you there because I'll be there. Thanks again for being part of the Bigfoot Society. Until next time, keep your eyes open, trust your gut, and never stop wondering what else might be out there, and see you in the woods