Speaker 1: Y'all ripped up, news, need advice?
Speaker 2: Who you don't help?
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming Man Dix.
Speaker 4: He is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I got Uncle Kevin with me. I think Uncle Kevin. Call comes from Sheridan Auto Tech. Today is card a Car Friday. So we'll talk cars a bit, but we'll talk.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want. And I welcome you to the show. Kevin. What's new? What's new in cars? Bro? Anything?
Speaker 6: Nothing? No, just you know, staying busy now.
Speaker 5: Parts still on big lags or it depends on what you're getting.
Speaker 6: It's scattered. Yeah, some are brutal. Some are you know, getting better? So yes.
Speaker 5: And speaking of cars, is there really anything we need to do to prep for warm weather? I mean, really do you have to prep like you prep for winter?
Speaker 6: I don't think so. I think just regular intervals of maintenance. I mean a good shop, a good place to go, does your all change checks everything for you?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 6: As soon as you up to date your fine?
Speaker 5: Now welcome. I am on the on the air, taking your calls right now. Justin three oh three seven one three talk is our number three oh three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, Deputy Bow Deputy doc in the studio, I believe guys, Hello, Hello, hello, and chime in with anything you want.
Speaker 1: Also is Major Mark Major? Okay, guys, Major Mark Major. Are you there?
Speaker 5: He's he's going to be in and out today, he told me so. He's at our satellite studio.
Speaker 1: Justin. What's going on?
Speaker 5: I see that you have had an encounter with a company that we've encountered in the past, and I want to explain a few things about this company and then you can tell me your problem. The company is called park it Right. I believe Is that right?
Speaker 1: Is that yeah? Park it Right?
Speaker 5: And they contract with apartment buildings and businesses. And here's what they say, we will manage your parking. I have no problem with that. They also say we're going to boot people who park illegally, so meaning on private property, they put up a sign they're supposed to So if you park where you're not supposed to park, they boot it.
Speaker 1: And then for you to.
Speaker 5: Get your car moving again, you got to pay to get the code to unlock the boot.
Speaker 1: Now, one time Mark and.
Speaker 5: I went out on a case where a woman parked and she was legally parked. There was nothing wrong with her, she was parked, and park it Right booted her, and we took it and got it removed on our own because we towed the car into a shop, removed the boot, and then sent the boot over to their door because we believed what they did was wrong.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with.
Speaker 5: What park it Right does as far as a contract with an apartment house and making their services available. The problem in the past I've had with park it Right is that they don't adequately put signs up to warn people, and they were cryptic at best. So now I'm going to shut up and tell me your problem, sir. What is going on with park it Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: So I got home went Tuesday from work. There was a a.
Speaker 10: Worker was in our house cleaning the air ducts, so it was parked in our second parking.
Speaker 3: Spot where I usually park. So I parked in the visitors spot. Was a couple of hours, I kind of didn't forgot about it. But I'm a legal resident and I have a parking permit for this lot.
Speaker 1: So I go out.
Speaker 3: I'm going to move my car back to my spot. After the worker got through with the cleaning, met events and I see there's a boot on my car.
Speaker 9: So I stand the thing.
Speaker 10: And they wanted three hundred and eighty dollars for me to remove the boot on my car.
Speaker 9: And then for me to bring it back to them. So right, I email, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: No, no, I I know that's how they work. But here's what I want to know. What was the reason for doing that to you?
Speaker 3: I guess because I was parked in a spot labeled our visitors.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm not a visitor.
Speaker 5: Okay, I no, I understand, but justin what are the rules? Are there any signs that say visitors passes necessary?
Speaker 1: Or like?
Speaker 5: There has to be a warning. They can't just spring this on you. So was there any warning? What? And don't don't exaggerate. Please tell me if there are any signs whatsoever?
Speaker 10: There are there is, I think one small sign in a small portion of the lot labeled visitors.
Speaker 1: But what does it say?
Speaker 11: It says visitors.
Speaker 3: Must register and then it gives you a QR code to scan and.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, what does it say will happen. Hold on, it says visitors must register. What does it say will happen if you don't register? Does it say a subject to booting? I don't believe it's I know you took I know you took a picture of the sign, didn't you.
Speaker 1: You took a picture of the sign, didn't you?
Speaker 12: I gotta pull it up here.
Speaker 1: I want you to read that sign to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now, did you end up getting your car or not?
Speaker 3: I I came out in the morning after I emailed them, told them I'm a resident.
Speaker 9: I was parked there for an hour or two and I came out in the morning and mine was gone.
Speaker 3: There was a car next to me as well that was also not booted anymore. So I figured they came, realized they're mistake, and took it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well what happened?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 1: Keep going? This is interesting.
Speaker 3: Then I get a message last night at midnight saying that I removed it without payment, that our parking permits to be parked in our parking lot have better evoked. Our cars will be subject to toe anytime that they're seeing they say criminal charges us.
Speaker 5: Hey, Justin, I'll justin first of all. First of all, Justin they can't bring criminal charges. If I have my car booted, I can take it off. It's a civil matter. There's no crime here. I mean, if some jerk's gonna come up and boot my car, I can cut it off. But justin between you and me and the fence post, bro, did you take it off?
Speaker 1: How did it come off? Come on? Be honest.
Speaker 9: I did not take it off. I assume that maybe.
Speaker 3: I assume they realized their error and came back in the night and took it off.
Speaker 5: Okay, So here's what I want to ask you. I want to ask a simple question. Now they say we're flagging you and we're revoking your parking did you check with your management company? Has your parking privileges been revoked?
Speaker 9: I put in a call to the HOA. I haven't received any contact back yet.
Speaker 1: Well, is there a management Is there an office there?
Speaker 9: No, we don't have an office, it's just an HOA.
Speaker 1: Well do you own or do you rent?
Speaker 9: I am the person that owns the condo.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, we have to figure out if your parking registration really has been revoked, because I don't think it has, and I don't think it should be. You have parking spaces and they're still open to you, right you pay for them, right, Yes.
Speaker 9: They're still open.
Speaker 3: I came outside night and there's two big bright stickers on my car calling me a criminal, saying that I don't follow the rules. There's one on mynd.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 5: This guy's a nut. No, I'm telling you this guy, this guy is a nut. Market right sucks. This guy. This guy is a total nut. He is He's a total nut. And he's like he has a bit. Don't worry about it, just don't you know what. I don't think they can do anything either. I would take pictures of as many signs as you can get him to me.
Speaker 1: I want to see them.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom martinro This sucks. This truly sucks. And I can't stand this company. Park it right. I don't know if they're on the sleeves brigade, but they should be by the way waterpros dot and at the best water systems the lowest prices. I can't say it any clearer than that. Three h three eight six two five five five four. And I want you to please make sure you check out Denver Regen dot com, not just for the weight loss that mark Suey, but for stem cell therapy. For getting out of pain Denver Regent dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer, Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. I like to say the only show is kind of anywhere. And I'm gonna say that because it is like it or not, it is and I've invented it. So this hour broughts you by one clear choice. Garage doors. It's car day today, so you want your car doors. Your garage doors would be good.
Speaker 1: Listen. There's nothing wrong more more of a pain in the ass in.
Speaker 5: The garage door that doesn't work perfectly, and you hear it rattling, and it's gonna wear out and break and one Clear Choice doors dot Com the best one, Clear Choice doors dot Com.
Speaker 1: Seriously, you will be amazed. Now.
Speaker 5: Speaking of being amazed, this thing with parkt Right amazes me how this clown, this crook gets away with what he does. And I call him a crook because in my opinion, he is. Now I want to talk to Tracy a follow up with a God almighty, she still doesn't have her car. Who handled this thing with Tracy?
Speaker 1: Tracy? Who did we have more work?
Speaker 5: I forget Tracy, Go tell your story from the beginning.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll interrupt you a bit, but go ahead.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to find your car here. Dear, when did you who were you working with?
Speaker 1: Tracy? Is it a twenty twenty five Hunday Tucson right?
Speaker 14: It is?
Speaker 15: I bought it from mountains and that was it?
Speaker 1: The one with a cargo tray.
Speaker 5: Listen, was it all the problems with a cargo tray and all that or is that a different one?
Speaker 15: No, that was one of the things that they had parts for break Modular.
Speaker 5: But was it was it from Mountain Hundai or was it from Mountain Hunday?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I want to summarize this, you bought a twenty twenty five Hunday Tucson from Mountain Hyundai at one hundred and fourth in Federal and the dealer. You called the dealer to undo the deal because you said there was a big noise and it was defective. You said you also didn't get mudflaps, a cargo tray, a bumper clear bra, and some other things that were listed that you were supposed to get. She took it back and they said everything was fixed. She said, the only thing done was the bumper clear bra, but they still will need to fix the big noise.
Speaker 1: What did they do? Do they still have your car?
Speaker 4: They do?
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, they still have your car?
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, we need to figure this one out. Mark was handling this, I think spoke to them.
Speaker 5: He did, but I don't have any notes here, Tracy. After we called them, did they promise they were going to get that fixed for you?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 15: They told whoever called them that it would be done this week. That they were waiting for parts for the break modulars that they modulator.
Speaker 1: Yeah or what is that, Kevin, whatever it is?
Speaker 6: Yeah, some of the abs more likely. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, So listen, here's what I want to know. Are they giving you a loaner during this time?
Speaker 15: I don't have a loaner. They gave me a loaner, but they didn't have any more loaners to give out.
Speaker 5: Oh no, this is unacceptable. This is unacceptable.
Speaker 1: Will they undo the deal?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 5: I want to give this to someone else. Mark, Mark's been Mark's been tied up with some other stuff. To his defense, Let's give this to someone else to rattle some chains. Who wants to rattle some change chains? I mean, well, I'll.
Speaker 8: Call Mark and see who he spoke to, and then I'll call the dealership.
Speaker 1: Good, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Doc.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's let's figure out what's going on. Tracy. This is unacceptable. I mean, you know, Kevin, this is getting worse and worse. Bro this is and I'm telling everybody this, it's getting worse and worse.
Speaker 1: I mean parts.
Speaker 5: I know they're not as bad as they were, but but Kevin, we have people under warranty that can't get their car fixed for six months.
Speaker 6: It's brutal, especially twenty twenty five. There's no inventory of parts, all.
Speaker 5: Right, So Tracy, we're going to give you toity doc now Jimmy, this was an issue with a stolen car. I believe, Jimmy. Let's talk about that. What's going on with your stolen car?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait, you called the first time. I'm trying to find your call, Jimmy, so I can put some some context to it. When did you first call me?
Speaker 11: I called you?
Speaker 5: Was this a GMC? Was this a GMC that was stolen, Jimmy? And it was stolen February eighteenth. It was stolen February eighteenth, And it took three weeks for the general for the general adjuster to contact you. The adjuster now says she transferred the file. The new adjuster says he's a busy man and isn't sure he can get to it. Brian Burns at Compass Insurance said, this is unacceptable.
Speaker 1: Where does it stand today?
Speaker 11: Okay, well where it stands at right now? Tom? I ended up going calling Well, your guy gave me the number for Dura Insurance.
Speaker 5: I called it good good, that's the Insurance Commissioner's Office, Department of Yeah, yeah, regulatory agencies.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So I went down there and I filed the complaints. About two hours after I filed the complaint, they called me. He said, Oh, he had told me that he had fifty cases in front of me, and plus he had I don't know how many other cases that were unsolved, and that that was the reason it was taking him so long, and at this point that he had already finished the paperwork, and that they wanted to make me a low ball offer of thirty nine dollars for the vehicle. And I told him, well, I believe that it's the compound that should be a lot more. And he says, no, Well.
Speaker 5: Hold on, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Bro, Jimmy, tell me what kind of car before we go off on a tangent here. I would like to know what kind of car we're talking about here.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to do some searching on my own.
Speaker 11: The GMC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but tell me about it. Tell me a little.
Speaker 5: It's at two thousand and six, how many miles on it?
Speaker 11: And has two hundred and right now? I think it's two fifteen.
Speaker 1: I don't I think that they made you a fair offer. Bro. I'm sorry, what do you think it's worth?
Speaker 18: I think it's worth at least five.
Speaker 1: I know Kevin. I don't know Kevin's truck.
Speaker 5: He said, hey, let's get let's get Rodney from JFR Cars on. Let's ask Rodney if he has an idea. Listen, it's old enough that I don't really know. Okay, so I know a lot of people think their cars are worth what they're worth, you know, tell me, tell me about it isn't in really good condition?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 11: It was in real good condition, because I don't know if you remember, for Tom, when I first when I purchased it, I purchased it from uh uh oh man uh the dealer that I bought it from.
Speaker 1: What though? What GMC? What is it a Denali? What is it a GMC? What it is a Denale?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: Why don't I find the Denale? Or they call it.
Speaker 6: Something an Envoid Denale or a pickup?
Speaker 5: No, they call it something else. They don't call it a Denali. They don't have a Denali, do they?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But what model GMC?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What model GMC? Is it?
Speaker 14: Bro?
Speaker 1: Is it a pickup truck? Is it a pickup truck?
Speaker 11: It's a SUV.
Speaker 1: So it's an Envoid Denal, Envoyd Danali?
Speaker 5: Is it an Envoy XL XUV? Do you know anything about your car?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: Which one is it the onvalue. Is it the Envoy XL.
Speaker 11: I think it is.
Speaker 5: You're right, Tom, Okay, So let's just see.
Speaker 1: There's not many of them for sale.
Speaker 5: I have a two thousand and six here with seventy four thousand miles.
Speaker 1: And these are really accurate cars.
Speaker 5: Dot Com is the most accurate thing you'll ever gonna get. That's ninety nine hundred bucks. That's a two thousand and six JMC Envoy XL with seventy four thousand miles. I have one here with one hundred and seventy nine thousand miles. See, this goes to show you, but it says it's a bad deal. So it tells you what and this is ten grand, So they're telling you it's too much at one hundred and seventy nine thousand. I think five thousand miles. I think five thousand bucks is not unreasonable. It's pretty I think you're correct. So did you try to negotiate with him?
Speaker 11: I tried, and he said no, that he did his homework and that that was the most they were going to offer.
Speaker 5: Well, here's what you ask him. Ask him for the data he used. Ask him for the data he used. Okay, okay, Now I also want you to contact someone else. All right, we have someone on the referral list and he'll give you a first blush free of charge. Now, I don't know if you need to hire him, but if you ever do need to hire him. He's an expert appraiser, okay, And here's where.
Speaker 1: You find him.
Speaker 5: It's called Petty Petty Details and he's on.
Speaker 1: The referral list.
Speaker 11: Got you, Vember?
Speaker 1: Okay? Good.
Speaker 5: I want you to call him and then if it's really far off, it's worth fighting. I think you got a good case, Jimmy, I made so notes. Call me back and let me know what they say. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Frank durand the real Estateman dot Com is one of the finest people I know, real estate or not. So now when you put them with real estate and his skill and expertise, you have a winning combination. Listen, if you just want to know what your house will sell for, he'll tell you and you don't have to hire him to do that. So get a real analysis free of charge from a great realtor. Frank Durand the Realestateman dot com three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshitter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I was just online making an appointment for my beamer to get a service at Kevin's. I'm doing his online scheduling in front of him so he can see what a first time, because I've never done it before. I usually just talked to him directly, but I said, I'm going to use your online scheduler and you can see how it is and how intuitive it is. You know, people, if you don't do beta testing on your stuff with your friends and neighbors, you'll never really know.
Speaker 1: Now why am I going to Anthony? Is there a reason? Okay, yes, because he was.
Speaker 5: Next Anthony wants to talk about his uh A repair with Ox Car Care. Anthony, talk to us about this. Oh, Rodney, hold on, hold on, let me do this. Rodney's on. So I want to get Rodney on. Rod Greer with JFR Cars. We use him as an expert. He's a broker. He sources new cars for you, no matter where they are. Really, you don't have to build her a.
Speaker 1: New car dealer.
Speaker 6: You give us one second of getting back on.
Speaker 1: Oh so she let him off? Okay, So who should I take? Anthony? Then I sound like Joe Biden here?
Speaker 5: Okay, Anthony, Hey Anthony, what's happening with your problem?
Speaker 1: Tell me about it?
Speaker 18: Hey, Harry Tom, how are you doing good?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 1: What's going on with you?
Speaker 21: I'm doing good.
Speaker 18: I have a small problem with Talk's Car Care, which is a third party extended warranty. My mom has a twenty twelve land Rover Range Rover Autobiography. It's a very nice vehicle. It's about one hundred and forty thousand dollars brand new. It's very well made.
Speaker 5: You mean you mean wait? Wait one hundred and forty thousand. Wait wait, wait wait, you just says she has a twenty twelve Toyota land Cruiser.
Speaker 1: No land Rover, land Rover.
Speaker 22: Oh yeah, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 5: I know what you're talking about. Now, you're right. They are overpriced. So what about it? Wait, it's not wait, it's not a Toyo, it's a land Rope. I'm sorry, I don't know where I got to it. Okay, at twenty twelve land Rover. What's going on with it?
Speaker 18: Land Rover range Rover. So we just brought it in to get the oil changed and they did a diagnostic check and they found a few things that's wrong with it. And we're familiar with land Rover being a little priceyet and repair. So originally we had Carshield and then switched to ox Carcare. Who will ox Carcare?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, let me just say something, and it's too late. It's too late now, Anthony. But let me just tell you that used car warranty suck and I do not recommend them or these service plans.
Speaker 1: They suck.
Speaker 5: And Kevin in general, tell me if I'm wrong, If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Do they all suck? Or do you like some of them?
Speaker 6: You know, even the ones that are good. It sucks sometimes. I mean it's it's fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: It is it hard to get them to pay for it.
Speaker 6: It's a job involved all in itself is trying to get coverage.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, So anyway, keep going, Anthony. So you have ox car Care and tell me the problem.
Speaker 18: Well, the challenges is just getting in touch with someone that kid that you can talk to when you send it over. And normally the customers don't get involved. You just have the repair company and OPS carcare and they deal with it. And the company has yeah communicate with them. And uh, one day I had called just to check on it, and I spoke to the gal there and we called on conference call and they made claim that they didn't have the information. And this lady looks at her record and she's like, at such and such time, I sent it to so and so on and she had all the records.
Speaker 5: Do me a favor, Do me a favor, Anthony. Here's what I want to know. What specific issue are we dealing with right now? Is there a repair you can't get done or you can't get a yay or an a or tell me what's going on right now?
Speaker 18: Okay, So we had to dwindle it down. There's an oil pan that needs re replaced. The contract says that the oil pan is covered under the coverage, and we three submitted the Why would.
Speaker 5: An oil pan need to be replaced? It sounds was it damaged?
Speaker 18: Not not to my knowledge, but according to land.
Speaker 5: Because usually usually correct me if I'm wrong, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Oil pans don't get much, but they don't wear out.
Speaker 6: He's probably referring to the gasket or something is leaking, so it needs.
Speaker 1: To be reset or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, because if it was damaged, obviously they'll never come out if it hits all right, so keep going here, So so go ahead.
Speaker 18: So we contact or land Rover was contacted and land Rover said he had to replace and here's the amount. So they sent over. They submitted a proposal over to ox car Care. They said they have five days to look at it, and this is the second time that they've looked at it. And I called them. Then they didn't have it. They didn't have the document. Then they said that they were shorthanded, and finally I got in touch with the lady though.
Speaker 1: So what do they just keep putting you off?
Speaker 13: Yeah, so they had five days. Yesterday was the fifth day and they escalated it. They're supposed to handle it today. But even when I have called them, we keep getting the same lip service. They keep like pushing it back like a week.
Speaker 1: What should he do, keV? Kevin?
Speaker 6: Is the shop helping it all? Try to communicate or are they kind of done with it?
Speaker 18: No, they are, but they don't answer to the shop. That's why I got involved.
Speaker 6: No, it's they could be a challenge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, so what do you do, keV? I mean, really, this sucks. This really sucks. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've never dealt with them specifically, but we've never gone that far. Usually we'll send emails. They can take thirty six hours or something. Answer you think, have.
Speaker 5: We ever had luck getting through these people? I mean, they're just going to take our call and put it on hold too, probably, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what I will.
Speaker 18: They have no manager in the entire facility to help you, and you can tell you can hear in the background. It's really loud and it's a call center, and you you have a hard time hearing them, and eventually they just put you on hold or they hang out. And this has been the car's been in the car has been there about nine weeks. Nine weeks.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, nine weeks. This is ridiculous. Okay, we need to get you. I'm gonna put Deputy D on it. I want Deputy D to contact you and then him to contact them.
Speaker 1: He has a pretty good way.
Speaker 5: I mean, all my deputies have their own ways of doing things, but I think this one is.
Speaker 1: Suited for him. So let's do that.
Speaker 5: You hold on and you'll be hearing from D Deputy D or Dimitri shortly. Okay, and let's just see if we can rattle the cage over there. I can't believe it. They have had your car. You're wait, but you can still drive this car, right, Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you'd be able to drive it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just keep boiling it. Yeah, I wouldn't because he came in for change. He didn't even come in.
Speaker 1: Did he say none weeks?
Speaker 6: He did say nine weeks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you?
Speaker 6: And yeah, that's I would be driving while I'm fighting these guys. But he's he's in this fifth day of his windows, so that's what he was.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to give this the deputy D.
Speaker 5: Then Deputy D, I don't I don't blame this guy for being frustrated. My god, I'd be frustrated too. All right, So wait, Jay has a comment on the price of the stolen excuse me, Channon rod Is, Oh, there he goes Rod. Okay, let me go to Rod. First, Rod at JFR Cars, Rod, where do you go to value cars? Because this is an age old problem. People get their car stolen or totaled and they want to make sure they get the right price.
Speaker 1: Where do you go? What do you like to use?
Speaker 23: I use a couple of websites that can value the car.
Speaker 24: I can go to you know, we.
Speaker 23: Have a system that will tell you exactly how many cars are out there, what's your competition, and where and and and put a price on it from high to low, and how long they've been on the market.
Speaker 6: So that's what I use to get it.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a.
Speaker 23: It's a dealer's device or website, it's the auto and it will tell you exactly.
Speaker 5: Now for a consumer, Rodney, maybe you think I'm crazy, But for a consumer, because it's such.
Speaker 1: A large, large, large.
Speaker 5: Amount of data to draw from cars, dot Com does a fabulous job because what they do is they look at the real market and what cars are selling for there, and then they have what's called a deal gauge. So if you put in a make out all you're looking for, it's set and then see what the price is tells you if it's a good or bad deal or an outstanding deal. Have you ever heard of cars dot com?
Speaker 23: Yeah, of course, and and and you know, we found that even car Guru is a little bit better system because it tells you how long it's been out there on the so it gives you a little bit more leverage. Okay, between that Auto Trader, cars dot Com and car Guru, that's a great piece of be able to judge where the market is on the car and when you're going out there.
Speaker 6: I'm grateful to the public.
Speaker 1: And all right, so thank you very much.
Speaker 5: And i want to mention that I've been working with Jfrcars now because I've been toying with the idea of another car. And again I've been talking to the leasing expert and even a slightly used car can be leased at a deal. My opinion on Lisa's have totally changed.
Speaker 22: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Rod three oh three five to zero sixty eight thirty nine. That's where he is, and we're right here at three oh three, Martino. We'll be back with more right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 22: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: For an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two him Tom Martine here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Solving problems, answer questions taking place. It's very interesting some of the problems we've had today. And let me go right to the phones. You know, there's nothing worse than not coming up with evaluation when your car.
Speaker 1: Is totaled or stolen. It's so difficult to argue.
Speaker 5: I've watched Mark do it successfully where he would go out and find cops. He did it man, He was so meticulous that he it's not that hard.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 6: It really isn't. I mean, if you take a febe you know screenshots of cars in this area being sold, send it to him. I mean they have to honor parts of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now and then petty details helps. But Jay has a comment on it. Go ahead, Jay, what's your comment?
Speaker 25: Good morning, Tom? So if you're going to try to comp that car, it's a Denale, but it's a Yukon Denale. There's Yukon XL which is the base model in THESL two, which is a big upgrade.
Speaker 1: What did you think about What did you think about it? What is it worth?
Speaker 5: Do you think he wanted five grand for it? What do you think is worth?
Speaker 25: Conditioned? Is everything at Denale is never going to be cheap. It's the most expensive one. They have tons of upgrades. He's probably right in the ballpark. It's not even almost low because if it's in great shape, that's what a person looks at when they look at a car. The mile edge doesn't freak it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's got two hundred and forty thousand miles on it, Brother, two hundred and forty thousand miles.
Speaker 25: If it's shiny and pretty. People don't think things out clearly, He's probably right in the ballpark because he was a really expensive.
Speaker 6: Vehicle that was He's right.
Speaker 1: Do they still make him?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 25: They still do.
Speaker 1: Are they worth it?
Speaker 5: Jay J?
Speaker 1: Do you think they're worth it?
Speaker 26: No?
Speaker 25: And I don't like GM products anyway. They tend to leak oil from every possible crevice.
Speaker 1: And I just wait, wait, wait that then all cars?
Speaker 5: Do you tell me who's the best for not turning into a leaky rat trap?
Speaker 1: Come on, who's the best?
Speaker 6: Probably? To Toda is the best at everything.
Speaker 1: To is the best at everything.
Speaker 6: Chronic leakers too, Toyota?
Speaker 1: Is that good? Why is that?
Speaker 6: Do you think? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And you're not impressed with German cars, are you?
Speaker 7: No? No? No?
Speaker 6: I mean if by am new round them two three years and and you're not a president jump off for their longevity?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Where it used to be.
Speaker 5: When I was younger, I was a kid in search of an image, and I bought an old Mercedes to twenty dun forever and ever it's gonna have.
Speaker 1: That diesel car would have and man it was beautiful at it.
Speaker 6: A million miles on that car.
Speaker 5: Uh oh, somebody hung up? All right, Cameron? What's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Cameron?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 21: So I recently just got out of the Army and moved to Colorado from Texas. And I moved in about five days ago, and when they haven't given me my parking past, hit and when I woke up this morning, me and my fiance's car both had.
Speaker 18: Boots on them.
Speaker 21: And then when I went into wait a minute.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, is that this happened today?
Speaker 19: Correct?
Speaker 21: This morning?
Speaker 1: Okay, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 21: So went into talk to him about it, and as they could remove the boots, and they said, no, I thought to pay for it, even though there's Texas as different registrating. They just have a sticker on the top.
Speaker 1: You wait a minute, Cameron.
Speaker 5: I want to help you, especially a veteran who just served our country and these guys are screwing around with him. You hang in there, We're going to come back to you and more on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 22: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ripped up new need advis who you don't have? Come running just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 8: Come Man.
Speaker 4: Six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey Tom Martino here, welcome to the Troubleshooter Show. I have Uncle Kevin with me from Sheridan Auto Tech.
Speaker 1: Today is car Day.
Speaker 5: And then I also have Deputy d here in the satellite studio. We have Deputy Doc and Deputy bow Back at the main studio and Major Mark Major floating around out there. We're having some connection issues with him, but we have the whole team ready to help you anyway we can. So let me just let me just take the round the roundtable real quick, Deputy Doc, you're working on anything.
Speaker 19: He's calling that dealership in the other studio, Tom.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's doing it right. Now what are you working on, bo.
Speaker 8: I'm just working on this other sewer main sewer line leak, Barbara, that called.
Speaker 6: Any other day, But I'm gonna be a little cautious.
Speaker 19: I want things to dry out good before I have to go look at it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, and Deputy d what are you working on?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 27: Well, Tom, I think we have a pretty interesting update from Uncle Kevin over here. Because you may recalled it a twenty fourth a lady by the name of Alice called in on behalf of her son Armando, who has a twenty twelve unc Arcadia with a leaky rear main seal that you and I had the show here.
Speaker 1: So here's was the deal.
Speaker 5: He had an engine done by the shop and now the rear main seal is leaking. The shop says, that's not part of the engine rebuild, and it.
Speaker 27: Was a used engine. They put in a used rebuild rebuild. So interesting.
Speaker 1: Manufacturing. No, though she never said it, she knew it was a reman.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: That's why we thought it should have a new main seal. Let's get right to it.
Speaker 5: A rear main seal is it part of the engine or the transmission engine?
Speaker 6: It is attached to the engine.
Speaker 5: Okay, when you do an engine or buy a rebuilt or a remand engine, yes do should you get a new real main.
Speaker 6: Seal comes installed in the reman engine?
Speaker 1: So what did you find when you looked at that? They said it wasn't part little more.
Speaker 6: You know, he was told it wasn't covered by warranted so he took it somewhere else to get the remain done because they weren't going to honor the warranty on another leak until he fixed that, and back and forth. The whole thing I think is a mess. They claim it's a three year, thirty six thousand mile warranty. He has two years and twenty thousand miles on the car, so I'm not sure why they're not honoring a warranty. That is more to the point to me. He's got a lot of issues. He's got a head gasket leak. Now he's got some other problem.
Speaker 1: But the real issue was the warrants. You should cover it.
Speaker 6: Warrant, you should have covered it the first time. I asked Armando to please call and see where you got the engine from and I will deal with the.
Speaker 1: Okay, direction, so good. So that's in the works right now.
Speaker 6: Hopefully they're not forthcoming. That's to where they got the motor. You got something. No.
Speaker 27: I think that's a really great discovery on your part to have gone through that paperwork.
Speaker 20: But I do have one quick question.
Speaker 27: According to the original shop that installed this freemanned engine, they said, the rearmain seal, and I'm paraphrasing, wasn't.
Speaker 20: In the engine. It's outside of the engine, some intermediary like.
Speaker 1: Some kind of a kind of a unit that goes between the transmission.
Speaker 6: It's housing that's bolted to the by.
Speaker 1: It's bolted to the main part of the engine to the engine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it comes with the all.
Speaker 5: Right, three oh three, seven to one to three talks. Well, then are they kind of universal in a way? Then the rear main seal on an engine is meant for any kind of transmission to marry up to it.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, it's whatever it is, you know word it happens to be. So it never ever put a reman engine in without a remain seal. That's okay, it's great.
Speaker 5: Can you theoretically take an engine that has the rearmain seal and the and the matchup for one transmission and get another one for another transmission.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, you can enterchange.
Speaker 6: It really has nothing to do with the transmission. The roommates seal. Oh, it does the actual rear seal of the engine period. But it helps nothing to do with.
Speaker 1: But doesn't a chef go through it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Oh it doesn't.
Speaker 6: No, because the torque verter will bolt.
Speaker 5: Okay, I have a bad visual folks, it's hard to visualize, so we won't get it to you. So, but what he's saying is this part of the engine period.
Speaker 6: I could have been warrantyed. Thank in my opinion.
Speaker 27: All right, so I hear you say that you might be able to provide the warranty service.
Speaker 6: Depending on who we bought the engine from. I can file acclaim with them. Yeah, to move further.
Speaker 1: All they want to do is that all shops.
Speaker 5: I mean, manufacturers want to do of engines that someone's not screwing them, you know. And Okay, so Cameron, this this problem bothered me. You're a veteran, by the way, thank you for your service.
Speaker 1: Where did you serve? Cameron?
Speaker 21: I was in Fortwood, Texas.
Speaker 5: And you got out and moved to Colorado. What brings you to Colorado?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 21: I grew up here and I'm also going to medical sales college here coming up this summer.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 5: So, Cameron, you got a new apartment, you didn't have your tags yet, and your cars were booted, and you're telling me they don't see that you were not violating parking.
Speaker 1: What do they say about it?
Speaker 21: Well, so I had my tags, They're just Texas tags. And so when I went in to ask.
Speaker 1: About no, no no, I mean no no no.
Speaker 5: I mean I mean why did they toe you or or boot you? I mean, what was the reason for booting you?
Speaker 1: Did they think you weren't part of that complex?
Speaker 21: Yes, because we have a parking pass sticker that they were so supposed to give us.
Speaker 5: Okay, got it. Now you didn't have the sticker, so they booted you. And who did the apartment managers say? They would not undo it?
Speaker 21: So I talked to the leasing lady.
Speaker 24: She said she wouldn't do it.
Speaker 21: And when she said that, I asked to talk to the manager. And then I waited for about thirty minutes for the manager and he came out of his office, said he was really busy and too email him.
Speaker 5: Okay, this sucks, this really sucks, Kaschina. I want to try to get him on the air now. I want to see if they'll come on and talk about how they do a veteran this way especially. Let me ask you this, Cameron, at the time your cars were booted, you legally had signed You had already signed a lease, correct, and they don't see the mistake. Did you've end up paying for it? Did you end up paying for it?
Speaker 21: I have not yet because it happened this morning.
Speaker 18: So they're still on there.
Speaker 21: I'm trying to get.
Speaker 5: All right, kitchina. We got to get into high gear. Hang on camera, and this sucks.
Speaker 1: Man. This should not be happening.
Speaker 5: I appreciate your service, by the way, welcome home. This is a slap in the face. For God's sakes, you signed a lease, your cars were out there temporarily. Give him a frickin break.
Speaker 1: Now. This is bull trap. It's really bull trap.
Speaker 5: Man. This is I just can't believe this. Cameron, Hang in there. We are going to go to war. These people won't help you, and this is it?
Speaker 1: Park it right? I forgot to ask, is this the same scumbag? Park it right? That piece of garbage?
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot com High efficiency heating and air right now, look at the air and they guarantee the lowest prices they do.
Speaker 1: You want high efficiency, you want heating your air.
Speaker 5: You're gonna go new Get Get one of the best brands, the lowest prices and the highest efficiency. Three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 22: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: I'm getting more progressively pissed off as time goes on. When it comes to the Cameron, a veteran of the army served his country, comes to Colorado, goes to an apartment complex, and the apartment complex he signs a lease, but he had not gotten his parking passes. While his cars are outside, they get nabbed, they get booted by park it right, the pieces of crap they are park it right. I want to know what kind of signage there was out there, Cameron, what kind of warning signs were in the parking lot.
Speaker 21: There's no warning signs. There's guest visitor parking and that's it.
Speaker 1: And where were you and guest visitor?
Speaker 21: No, I was right next to my apartment, okay.
Speaker 5: And you were in a parking space that would have been totally legal as a tenant, right right, It's just that you didn't have the pass out there? How long had how long after you moved in?
Speaker 1: Did this happen?
Speaker 21: About seven days?
Speaker 16: I believe?
Speaker 5: Why now, let me put it back on you a bit and be fair here. Why after seven days did you not have a parking pass?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 21: I went in multiple times to ask about it, and the lady said she didn't know how to do the Texas one. She was going to talk to her manager and then get back to us.
Speaker 5: What do you mean what do you mean didn't know how to do the Texas? Hold on, bro, what do you mean she didn't know how to do the Texas thing, they have to record.
Speaker 21: Your plate registration. Yeah, she didn't.
Speaker 9: She didn't.
Speaker 21: She asked for a registration and I gave her the Texas one a picture of it, because the Texas one is just a sticker.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and so she's.
Speaker 21: Like, let me talk to my manager. I don't know how to do these ones, and I'll get back to you.
Speaker 5: Okay, got it makes complete sense to me, Cameron. Listen, what's the name of the apartment complex?
Speaker 21: Spyglass Creek, Spyglass.
Speaker 5: Yes, you're actually saying Spyglass Creek. Okay, where is it?
Speaker 19: It is?
Speaker 21: Uh in Denver?
Speaker 1: Okay. Other than that, is everything going? Okay?
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, everything's everything's fine other than that.
Speaker 5: So, okay, you leave your information and we're gonna we're gonna see what we can do for you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have Deputy Bow.
Speaker 5: I think he should go down and talk to them in a nice way and just say, look, here's a soldier. He had a lease and you guys, and he tried to apply for a parking pass. So it was a mistake, you know, Yeah, it might have been technically wrong. He didn't have a pass displayed, but you didn't issue one to him.
Speaker 1: Listen with you. This is bull crap and park it right?
Speaker 5: Come on, man, how how much do they want Cameron for these two?
Speaker 21: Three dollars.
Speaker 1: For both or for one.
Speaker 6: For both? All right?
Speaker 1: Listen man.
Speaker 5: All I say. All I say is we're going to do what we can to help you. We're three seven one three five five Shannon? Do I owe you the first break? Did I go over? Okay?
Speaker 1: Good? Okay, I didn't know I took a break. Good, Okay.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Ava, Ava, Hi, Tom.
Speaker 1: Ava.
Speaker 5: This was about This was about an engine replacement.
Speaker 12: Wasn't it replacement?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 14: It was Eagle Automotive and Transmission and Progress.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm looking for it here, uh Sorrento?
Speaker 1: Wasn't it? Okay?
Speaker 5: And you brought it to Eagle Transmission and Diesel and Parker for a used engine you paid fifty nine hundred bucks. Now you're having trouble with it. It needs a timing chain, chain and camshaft. Well, Kevin, why would it need that if it's a you know, you paid fifty nine hundred for a rebuilt No, for a used engine? So did they The last time we checked Dollar was working on this, didn't they say they were going? Deputy Dollar didn't they say they were going to fix it for you.
Speaker 14: Well, they offered to reduce the price to fix it then I think it was thirty three hundred down to about But wait.
Speaker 5: A minute, wait a minute, when did they do when did they do this? Used engine? I guess they can't warrant you used engine. It's not their fault.
Speaker 6: No, you go, we get twelve to twelve mints.
Speaker 14: Well okay, hold on, go ahead, okay, So your deputy basically said you need to bite the bullet and pay the additional note to have this engine. So that one that I felt that was grossly unfair. And that's what I'm calling back because I want your listeners to know that if they feel that they have been ripped off, don't give up. I took this to Visa International, and I did have to pay for a two additional diagnostic reports. I got one from Kia Arapaho the dealer and one from another local Kia specialist, and I proved that EGO transmission wide. They told me I needed a time.
Speaker 12: Will take Wait, you went.
Speaker 22: And did all this on your own?
Speaker 14: You bet you?
Speaker 1: You get the dinner. Now let me ask you something ab But what's the end result?
Speaker 14: My bank, Decent International, agreed with me. They felt that I was done, I was treated fraudulently, and they back every penny. Yeah, isn't it great?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: Now hold on, Here's what I want to tell you.
Speaker 5: I want to give you a little league note here, not legal advice, but a legal note. When the credit card comes nothing more than a platform for payment. If that credit card company says we don't think AVA should have paid that bill and they give your money back, that bill is still a bill, and that that mechanic, that shop can still come after you for payment. They just can't get the payment through visa. Do you understand that?
Speaker 14: I understand that. But I feel perfectly confident with the diagnosi reports that I have from the realership that I will be good. So I'm prepared to go there if maybe And one last point to you, good Ava.
Speaker 1: You sound like a fighter. I like it.
Speaker 5: Here's what I want to know though, this is very important that we find this out.
Speaker 1: What was it that went wrong with the engine.
Speaker 14: Well, it's my belief that the engine was a bad engine to begin and to begin with, and then on top of it.
Speaker 22: Did they warranty the engine?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 16: They did not.
Speaker 14: He sold me a warranty that he told me was included with the engine replacement, and I discussed when I looked at my and then it turns out it was because it's warranty. Because number one, it was substandard, it didn't pay for the waybor number two, he refused to give me a copy of the warranty, and he said that the additional work he had done on the engine.
Speaker 5: Had Why did they want but well, hold on, though, here's a logical question. Here's a logical question. Eva, you bought a car. Excuse me, you bought an engine. You paid them, they gave you a warrant, and then they wouldn't fix it. What reason did they give that you needed to pay for it?
Speaker 14: Well, they said that the additional work to this engine that danstalled would exceed. Oh, the additional work would exceed the warranty that he sold me.
Speaker 5: And it probably he was saying, you wasn't part of it. You know what, I'm really happy that you fought this. You did a great job. I really appreciate you calling back. And you know what, listen to my deputy's defense when he said, you know, you should.
Speaker 1: Just bite the bullet and pay it.
Speaker 5: I would have disagreed with that advice, and he might have had his own reasoning at the time, but what I would have said was, look, I would have fought it on the warranty issue. And I'm sorry this happened to you, but man, did you Uh? I'm happy that you stuck to your guns again. Just everybody. So you know, when you have an issue with a credit card, it's wonderful they can withhold payment, but that's that creditor can still come after you if they believe that you owe them money. All right, we have more coming up three oh three, seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five, K and H Home Solutions for your windows, siding, doors, and more. K and H has what you're looking for, even painters right now. So yeah, they have K and H Pro painters. So go to khwindows dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 22: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Marchino three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Let's uh continue our festivities with Sherry. Sherry has a tire pressure valve she has an issue with. I'm dying to hear this, Sherry, what's going on? It's a twenty twelve gmc acadia.
Speaker 15: Hi there, Tom, can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yes? I can tell your story.
Speaker 14: So I've got a twenty twelve gmc akada.
Speaker 19: This is easy.
Speaker 28: So I've got a tire pressure sensor that's not reading right?
Speaker 14: Is that something they never do?
Speaker 19: Kick us?
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, You can reset them now, Kevin, talk about it.
Speaker 1: I hate those things. I hate them. I wish they didn't even have them on cars.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, they can be reset or you know, we do it all the time if you want to swing by it.
Speaker 5: But if there's something wrong with them after you reset it, like I reset.
Speaker 6: Mind, you won't because the batteries are.
Speaker 1: Or they reset for a minute, right, so it.
Speaker 6: May be an issue with the sensor itself.
Speaker 1: Jerry, it's not hard.
Speaker 5: In fact, if you if you went by Kevin's, you'd probably do it free unless they had to get into it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, do you know you have a user menu on your car?
Speaker 5: Okay, and if you go through your user menu, there's a place to reset that.
Speaker 1: Oh there is, yes, Yeah, you can reset.
Speaker 28: Also that would.
Speaker 5: When people now, if you can't find it, where what part of town are you in?
Speaker 17: Blake?
Speaker 14: What while I'm going to take my car to Kevin anyway, because yeah, I think that Bod may have talked to.
Speaker 28: Him about a couple of other things going on with my CAU.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that's a good idea.
Speaker 5: Well what exact addresses that I always say on Culfax westas.
Speaker 6: Worth seventy eight to sixty four West Colfax.
Speaker 5: Seventy eight, so they can put it in the GP GPS seventy eight sixty four.
Speaker 1: Now you know what? People just showing up or do you No?
Speaker 6: It's that's tough. Sometimes I like to, you know, have a.
Speaker 5: I'm going to do that appointment online. I just got you know, snaggled for the show here. But I want to do that and tell you my experience. Have you had people do complete online appointments?
Speaker 24: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah all the time?
Speaker 1: Okay? Cool?
Speaker 5: Three or three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five?
Speaker 1: Chase? What's going on with Chase today? Do I have to take a break? Shannon?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, good Chase? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: I have a twenty twenty four Mazita X ninety and it's been in the shop for about two and a half months, three months now for a hybrid issue. And when I first took the car and they refused to give me a rental car, they asked if I would borrow family members.
Speaker 1: Chase, hold on a sex Chase? Is this under? Is this under a new car warranty?
Speaker 18: Correct?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: And how long is the warranty?
Speaker 7: The warranty was a three year, thirty thousand mile warranty and the car has eleven thousand miles on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it. That's what I was going to ask you next.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you have a new twenty twenty four Masa C X ninety with eleven thousand miles for goodness sakes, And however, a loaner car is not guaranteed for anyone. Okay, they don't have to give you a loaner, that's that's up to the dealer. So what's wrong with your moss? So what's wrong with it?
Speaker 7: It's the hybrid battery that's broken.
Speaker 1: And did they say they would cover it? I hope right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's they said it was all covered under warranty, and but they've just been every time I called to check on up on it, they can't give me an update on when the battery is going to be done.
Speaker 5: So are you so you can't? You can't use your car right now? Is what you're saying?
Speaker 16: Correct?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: How long has your car been out of service?
Speaker 17: For?
Speaker 7: Almost three months?
Speaker 1: Now? All that?
Speaker 5: See, Kevin, this is what I'm talking about. This poor guy. I don't blame this guy, man. I mean, at some point they got to give you a car something, you know, Chase, how much do you love this car? I'm asking like, if you could get out of the deal, would you.
Speaker 7: I've actually been calling you attorneys to try and let them all this car out right now.
Speaker 5: You should be able to because if you lose use of.
Speaker 1: It for thirty days or more, you should be able to.
Speaker 5: Did you, Hey, Katschina, give him that that attorney we use.
Speaker 1: What's her name, Raina? Yeah, why don't chase.
Speaker 5: We're gonna give you the name of somebody to consult with. Her name is Raina. This is ridiculous, man, this is absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So hold on, we're gonna give you that referral.
Speaker 8: I want to see what happens, hey, Tom three h three, Yes, before he hangs up. I just spoke to Mark about that other case and he said that hun guy would pay for a rental car on that lady's Do you think there's any chance that Masa would be willing to pay for a rental cars?
Speaker 22: Really?
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 5: At this point? Why Eric going through this? Yeah, it is absolutely something we should choose. He should check and and it's just it's just a troch. Is what's happening with warranties nowadays? We hear this story every single week where people can't get their cars, they can't drive them, they're brand new, they're under warranty, and then they're screwed. It's it's really it's amazing to me. All right, Deputy Deputy d did you have something you wanted.
Speaker 1: To bring up? I thought am I am I remembering right.
Speaker 27: Well, we just discussed with Kevin the update on that rearmain seat.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: Now, as far as the rearmain seals, somebody also said that where where the transmission cooks into the engine?
Speaker 1: Okay, what kind of seal is there?
Speaker 6: Well, again, the seals in the motor. Because you have the engine, you bolt a flywheel to it. The flywheel bolts of the transmission. Okay, So there is no real there's no shaft connection. No, the connection is the flywheel and the torque verter. Okay, so there's no Yeah, there's nothing to get right into the engine.
Speaker 5: So Kevin, somebody wants to know, how do you test a car truly for leak? Okay, let's say somebody cleans up a used car and you want to know, hey, is this a leaky trap?
Speaker 1: How would you test for leaks?
Speaker 6: That's a challenge. I mean if you steam clean it and pressure Washington, do you do.
Speaker 1: That on a used car? Check up all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Sometimes we'll have to put dies in, you know, different dyes in the oil and cool it.
Speaker 5: So if you found where they've cleaned up a car but it had a massive leak, you can you can usually tell.
Speaker 1: Can you also find people who try to patch it? From me? Do those patches from the outside never work?
Speaker 6: I see people ala like they're siliconing a window.
Speaker 5: It's I mean, all the stuff you buy at the hardware store, at the auto park store, and they say clean up the area and topically, how could.
Speaker 1: You do that?
Speaker 6: It doesn't, No, it doesn't. Now, there's no. You can't get around a leak's leak. You know, either the seal is not ceiling, it's too small, it's cracked, or the gasket is just dried up. I mean, it just happens.
Speaker 27: Kevin, what are you speaking of leaks? You know my car has two hundred thousand miles on it.
Speaker 1: Now you have two hundred thousand on that.
Speaker 27: Well, it's my beloved Toyota four runners, so it's it's bare broken in, but it doesn't have even a hint of an oil leak, not wood. So once in a while I use what's called a high mileage oil, which has those gasket expanders.
Speaker 20: Am I doing the right thing at home?
Speaker 1: Okay? I didn't even know they made that.
Speaker 6: What is it called high mileage oil?
Speaker 1: And what does it do?
Speaker 6: It's got different different additives for softening seals.
Speaker 1: Come on, it does and it actually expands the seal.
Speaker 6: It conditions the seals more.
Speaker 27: It keeps it from like drying out and getting like plastic, like turn into a hard plastic.
Speaker 6: High mileage oil or high milods oil additive you add to conventional oil.
Speaker 20: Either way, and how often should you do that?
Speaker 6: You can use it every time?
Speaker 20: But is there is it?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 27: I end up using it probably every second or third time because it's not always on sale at walmarts, So you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Either way? I mean once you start it, and you probably just keep using it.
Speaker 20: And what is your opinion of those here?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 27: I haven't used this, but there is a super high molybdenum added of products.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, those I hear germony.
Speaker 27: And comes in this weird looking gray bottle.
Speaker 6: That's a moligdum based Is there.
Speaker 27: Any downside to using this much molybdenum? Could it clogg something?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: I got an interesting story there. There was a product called c l M. It stood for copper uh lead I believe or no copper lithium and molybdenum.
Speaker 1: All right, CLM. It was the best.
Speaker 5: Oil additive I have ever tested and used in my entire life.
Speaker 20: How do you know it was good?
Speaker 16: What was?
Speaker 5: We took a car and we ran it without oil, hold on with with just we put the CLM in it. Okay, what I mean is and then took the CLM out drained it. Okay, So that car ran with CLM for about a thousand miles.
Speaker 1: Then we drained it.
Speaker 5: Then we went on a track and we started driving it until it sees. Oh, we could hardly get it to seize. It was just getting high oil temes. Now we open up the car and we it is amazing. This CLM would take the copper, lithium and melidamum and it would take it and coat the engine. It literally almost like melted and went into the cracks and crevices of the engine. It repaired the cylinders. And this man was a dear friend of mine.
Speaker 1: He died.
Speaker 5: He had sold it to another man who was a really nice guy. And it was at one time being marketed by I think his name was Peter maybe, and then I don't know where it went.
Speaker 1: It disappeared.
Speaker 20: Can you track it down? Maybe we'll bring it.
Speaker 5: Is the best oil additive I've ever seen in my entire life, and we had mechanics looking at the insides of that engine thinking, oh my god, it repaired the cylinder.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, and it was coated with metal.
Speaker 20: Is nodding, So, Kevin, does that mean.
Speaker 6: You have you heard I've seen those things? What was that one that was similar?
Speaker 20: I slicked fifty remember the thick oil?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this was this was.
Speaker 5: This had this had tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny molecules of metal and literally coated the engine with.
Speaker 1: That metal where it was needed.
Speaker 6: That would be great to similar to the m A the BG cells, I've seen them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bron, I don't know. The cling right now.
Speaker 5: May not be anything big because this guy was a physicist or somewhat of a scientist and he developed it, but it might be today's technology.
Speaker 1: Maybe everyone has it. I mean I don't know.
Speaker 5: Oil additives with metal in it. People would say you can't put metal shavings, and there were shavings, there were microscopic beads.
Speaker 1: But man, did it work.
Speaker 5: And again I'm not impressed easily, but this was impressive. Impressive the coding it gave you and the protection.
Speaker 1: We have more coming right up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Verus best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three O three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let's see. So let's talk to Brad. Brad, what's going on with Progressive Insurance.
Speaker 17: Hey, Tom, I bought UH auto insurance Super Aggressive exactly six months ago.
Speaker 28: Right from the start, it's just been harassment.
Speaker 17: After I paid UH the full six months all up front, so I thought I'm done paying for six months, leave me alone right off.
Speaker 28: They sent me a bill.
Speaker 18: For another eighteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 17: Well, you've got your kids are living, oh, using my car.
Speaker 29: They're they're not using my car and.
Speaker 17: One of the kids.
Speaker 5: I understand that, but let me let me explain some Brad. Brad, Brad Brad. Everyone does that. If an insurance company knows there are drive license drivers in the home, they're going to charge you for them. Now, if you don't like it, you got to change companies.
Speaker 17: Man, okay, and I'm going to But I signed off sheets that said, okay, they're not driving my cars. And they went to my mother in law who's visiting me from Utah. I've taken papers in to Mountain High Insurance where I bought the insurance, and.
Speaker 21: They told me, well, you got to bring her in. I brought her in.
Speaker 17: We showed her paid first. She doesn't live there, she has her own car, so they charged.
Speaker 11: But they still charge her any insurance company.
Speaker 5: I just need you to know this. I just need you to know this. You're not being singled out.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 17: But I paid two hundred dollars. They won't give me my two hundred bucks back. That's what irritates me.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute.
Speaker 18: I proved to him.
Speaker 17: I proved to him that she's not a driver. She's eighty two and she's just she's having surge. That slice's ear.
Speaker 5: And by the way, you can, you can exclude drivers in your home.
Speaker 17: I did some insurance papers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when did you pay that extrat.
Speaker 17: I paid it April or February sixth.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can get that back for you. That's right, And I have ever thought it wrong.
Speaker 6: I would you be.
Speaker 1: Wrong if they kept your money? How would you be wrong? Yeah?
Speaker 17: Well, I done everything I can. I even hobbed a lady who's handicapped all the way down to their office to prove that she does.
Speaker 1: What does that have to do? What does that have to do with? What did we talk?
Speaker 17: They still? I paid them two hundred bucks. They said, well, you still always two hundred. I didn't because she they said, she lives there.
Speaker 5: Wait, Brad, they're not, Brad, they're not trying to collect anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, there's they stopped right.
Speaker 18: Not now they stopped.
Speaker 11: But I don't own that money.
Speaker 17: I'm paying insurance for an eight and two year old lady that doesn't drive my cars forrad Nvisity.
Speaker 1: Brad, this is what I'm trying to ask you.
Speaker 5: The extra money they were going to charge you for your eighty two year old mother?
Speaker 1: Are you still paying that?
Speaker 25: No?
Speaker 11: I paid.
Speaker 17: I had to pay two hundred because they wouldn't take her name off it. They said, so you all are two hundred and I will tell you that my insurance lady told me you have to pay that amount or they're going to come acting.
Speaker 5: Well, then that then that money's under the under the bridge. You're not going to get that back, but I can. But but going forward, you should not pay an extra penny. You should just pay for you and your wife or whoever's driving, and you don't have to pay for anyone else.
Speaker 1: I'm Tom Martinez.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three, eight two five five. Listen, we have a lot to talk about today's car day, and if you have any car related issues, give us a call. Also, because of Canadian steel and aluminum and all of that and car tariffs Pepe, they're saying right now the cars are.
Speaker 1: Going to go up a lot of money right now.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if these tariffs are going to be just a threat.
Speaker 5: And eventually he's expecting a deal, and maybe he doesn't expect this to be long range, but this country could not sustain it if it's long range. I'm telling you things would be too expensive. And now I'm not going to try to guess what Trump and his party's doing. But the Harris right now are having very negative effects. That's just the way it is, and especially in cars and steel and stuff like that. So we can talk about that and more. Give me your calls on car Day. I'm Tom Martino. Three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 22: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 5: Contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped News. So you don't have.
Speaker 16: Come runnings.
Speaker 2: Can Shooter's gonna help?
Speaker 28: Come man?
Speaker 4: He is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martino. This is the Troubleshooter Show, the consumer advocacy show where we solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little easier. And uh, maybe make your life a little rougher if you're ripping people off. Jennese's Total Exteriors brings you this hour. They are great for windows, siding, doors, they can do bathrooms, basements, and more so that's Genesis tootal exteriors dot Com.
Speaker 1: Let's talk. I don't like what I'm hearing about this.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: This soldier.
Speaker 5: Who comes to uh, let's see he he uh he comes to Denver. He moves to Denver from Texas and he signs.
Speaker 1: The lease.
Speaker 5: And Deputy Bow is going down there to confront them. He signs a lease. Now he has a lease. Okay, so he has a lease.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 5: He parks right outside his apartment. They had not get they had not gotten him a parking pass yet, and so his cars get booted. Now that sucks. That's Cameron.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 5: There's no there's there's no rhyme or reason. He has assigned lease. Now technically he didn't have a parking pass, but they were working on getting him a parking pass. They could simply look, come on, look at.
Speaker 1: The damn thing.
Speaker 5: Look at the substance of this. This isn't some outlaw. The reason for that boot is to is to penalize outlaws.
Speaker 1: So park it right, put a boot on it.
Speaker 5: Now, park it might be saying to the apartment complex, hey, we did what we're supposed to do. We want to be paid. And that's just what they would do because they suck the parket right should be called parket wrong.
Speaker 1: He'd say, well, they're the only ones I know that do that. But no, he didn't actually say it was parking right.
Speaker 6: That's cheaper than the last one we just talked to. The other one was three hundred for one day. He's three hundred for both cars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, three hundred, that's right. So so, but here's the problem. We have Cameron here making a new life in Denver and he moved into spy Class Creek apartments. Now I believe spike spy spy Glass Creek, Okay, I believe that they owe him something because look at they're the ones that didn't get him the parking passes. It would be different if he had parking passes and did not display them. But he did not even have them. And this is spy Glass Creek in Denver. I've never heard of this place, Eyeglass Creek anyway. That's one problem that bothered me a lot. Another one, a guy with a brand new twenty twenty four Monster c X ninety, brand new, eleven thousand miles.
Speaker 1: He bought it from brand new, bad hybrid battery.
Speaker 5: Guess what, He's been out of commission for nine weeks. Can't use this car, can't get a referral, can't I mean consuming, He can't get a loaner, So we referred him to a Lemon law attorney. People, it's getting ridiculous where cars are being put out of commission for too long, way beyond the warranty periods. And I mean these people are are like sometimes waiting three six nine. We had one person that didn't have used their car for a year.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: At some point that becomes unconscionable. For God's sakes. I don't know why manufacturers are having a tough time supporting Kevin.
Speaker 1: What is causing this?
Speaker 5: Why are manufacturers with some parts acts six to nine months.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't make sense to.
Speaker 6: Say it doesn't. And it's such a I think it's more of a unicorn being a hybrid masta that they're not. They're just not that many manufactured yet, you know, on this particular one. But others. Yeah, there's there's absolutely no excuse for this.
Speaker 1: What was the longest you've ever had to wait for something?
Speaker 6: Probably about six months. I he's a racking pinon and a ford of all things. This didn't happen.
Speaker 5: Okay three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: If you need help, informa.
Speaker 5: Sure referrals say his car day and I want to. I've been trying to think about this people, and I want you to. I want you to chime in. Let me know what's the ideal car if you had to have one car and one car only?
Speaker 1: Are you on mark? Yeah? How do I say it? Am I good?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You're a right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Now what is your number? What would be your all around? I mean all around?
Speaker 5: You can you can't, you know, use anything else?
Speaker 1: What would it be? No? Yeah, yeah, I'd get the suv the.
Speaker 5: X but yeah, okay, now now wait a minute, now I got you the SUV.
Speaker 1: That would be it?
Speaker 5: Can you do the Does the SUV have pretty good cargo space?
Speaker 1: It's not bad. It's like it's like a Santa fe.
Speaker 30: It depends how you buy it, because you can buy it with five.
Speaker 1: Seats, six seats, or seven seats. Yeah, this is what I wanted to ask you.
Speaker 5: When you buy that X and you and you do the five seats, well that's three and two.
Speaker 1: I see that, and then you have the cargo.
Speaker 5: But if you buy it with more seats, where do those seats go? Do they do a third row?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The third row.
Speaker 30: So if you get the plaid model, you have to get the six seat configuration. So you have your two front seats, then you have like two bucket seats in the back. They're individual seats, almost like captain's chairs in an old school van. And then behind it is a two more seats that fold down, so you have all the cargo area if you don't have six passengers.
Speaker 1: Okay, that sounds pretty cool. You know that X is hard to be.
Speaker 5: But the problem is I can't tell an X when I see it on the street from the other models. Those models meld together, except for the S. They meld together for me.
Speaker 30: You're seeing You're just not seeing a lot of x's out there. I think it's only I want to say it's one maybe two percent of their production.
Speaker 1: There's very few s's and x's.
Speaker 30: You're seeing ys and a lot of why's look different depending on what. Okay, the X definitely looks different, especially when you open the doors. It's Lamborghini doors in the back.
Speaker 5: I know, now, the new twenty twenty five I hear that, not twenty twenty five, it would be twenty twenty six S model is going to kick.
Speaker 1: But it looks like a Corvette. Have you seen it? You mean the new S Yeah, I know, give video Sam, Yeah.
Speaker 30: Yeah, it's absolutely nuts man. In fact, that'll be my next one. I'll keep my current one till then. But yeah, you know, honestly, I always go back to this. It's the self driving. I am so used to it now. I don't even like getting into the Santa Fe. You know, we toe that everywhere because it's a great.
Speaker 1: Winter to car.
Speaker 30: But my god, man, it's like, uh, you just walk up to the car, it opens up. When you park, you just get out. It locks the doors, it opens the doors. It's just the dang thing does everything, Tom. I mean, you don't have to do anything, you.
Speaker 1: Know, mark the self driving.
Speaker 5: Forgive me if I'm going over materials, but that we've gone over. But okay, you're sitting in a parking lot when you hit the self drive butt to come to my house. For example, will it navigate out of that parking lot?
Speaker 30: Yeah, so if you've got to reverse out. Typically, let's say I'm parked at iHeart in the circle up front the circle, I would back out, I'd back out of the circle, I'd put in your I'd just pull up Tom's own address.
Speaker 1: I'd hit that button.
Speaker 30: Then I hit one more button and it'll drive me out of the circle. So to answer your question, I would back up, then put it in. I would swipe into drive and then hit autopilot, and then it would bring me directly to your house and pull into your driveway or park right in front of your house.
Speaker 1: Now tell me the truth.
Speaker 5: Mark, are you saying you could do that without ever touching the wheel?
Speaker 30: Yeah, I mean almost every time. I'm not saying something might not happen, but I mean pretty much every single time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 30: The only time gets a little thrown off. I'm trying to think of like a real world example. Generally, it's me being a little impatient. I want to go faster, so I'll kick it out of autopilot and then put it back in.
Speaker 1: That would be about the only time.
Speaker 5: All right, Now, Mac, what's going on with you you have an ideal car, what would it be?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I have two quick things. My ideal car is my twenty twelve Toyota Camri Hybrid. It is bulletproof, great, fifty miles a gallon, and never had.
Speaker 14: One to do with it.
Speaker 12: The second thing, Tom, is, we were involved in a car accident a few weeks ago and we have a dash cam and it saved my wife from being at fault for the entire accident. Twenty dollars on Amazon. It's called seventy MOI is the name of it, and they're like twenty two dollars. So I'd recommend everybody to have a dash cam.
Speaker 5: Now, Mac, explain to me how how did you use it? I will I want to hear a real life example.
Speaker 1: Of how you used it. Yeah, so tell me the story.
Speaker 12: It was driving to work. She was driving on thirty six going east, coming up to the five over overbridge, and traffic stopped. She was in a four car accident. She was number three in the four car accident, and the state patrol showed up, did an investigation and wanted to cite her for the entirety of the accident.
Speaker 5: Why did they want to cite her for the entirety.
Speaker 12: Because driver number two had said he stopped and my wife hit him and pushed him into the middle number one and I got it. Wait a minute, we've got it. We've got a dash cam and that The state patrol said, well, why didn't you say something? And I said, well, we settled in on the accident report.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what did what did the dash cam show?
Speaker 12: It showed that he was not that he was not stopped, so she was not cited for the accident, which saved her butt. So moral of the story is, have a dash camp.
Speaker 5: So he didn't stop an until he did stop eventually, So and that's when your wife hit him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but she would have been cited for the entirety of the accident.
Speaker 5: If if no, I get it, I get it, I mean to me, to me, it sounds like it sounds like it was well worth the twenty two bucks for gonna say no no dash cams. I think that in fact cars you should start having cams built in.
Speaker 1: But then there are those who don't like yeah it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks Mac for the call appreciated. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 1: We have more coming right up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, I'm Tom Martine. You're troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk. What is the ideal all around card? You had to pick one? Well, in Colorado, I think it would have to be an all wheel drive, right, yeah, so an all wheel drive.
Speaker 1: And probably want UV because of snow Man. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: One thing that I loved and they stopped making it, and I don't know why was the Avalanche.
Speaker 1: The Chevy Appalanche was suck. I loved it. It's so beautiful and and I don't know why they stopped making it.
Speaker 5: I had a four door cab, wonderful cab in and of it. Remember, and then you have a then you have the pickup and you can cover the pickup or you could have it open.
Speaker 1: And it was just like a gentleman's pickup truck.
Speaker 5: But it really was all around, I think best vehicle there is.
Speaker 1: It was great in the snow.
Speaker 5: It's luxurious enough to be comfortable and fun, and it had a pickup truck and it wasn't a pickup truck like the El Camino. It was a real pickup truck. Do you think anyone ever bought the El Camino for the pickup truck?
Speaker 6: Some did. I mean that when it first came out it was very small cab.
Speaker 1: That was a stupid car. Yeah, that was a car truck.
Speaker 5: And I just never could understand that. Somebody else said a jeep. Jeeps are perfect vehicles. You never really those jeeps.
Speaker 30: You ever see like those El Caminos or vehicles like that where they have that suspension that can go like up and down and bounce around and sideways.
Speaker 14: And all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the lowriders, the low.
Speaker 30: Riders, lowriders, those are pretty cool. Kevin, you guys ever do anything like that over at Sheridan.
Speaker 6: No, we don't do any kind of custom stuff.
Speaker 5: No, man, that's a whole specialties, a complete specialty, even more so than just regular street rods. You have the low riders and then you have street rods. Sometimes are the same, but they're not always the same. And you know, I'll tell you what the new, it's not new. But one of the things a lot of these younger people like doing is buying these used Japanese cars and then boosting the hell out of ye Now, can they really get five hundred horse out of some of those out of those little tiny engines?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, it's just with all the boltons, absolutely, and they ken no, no, no, they tear them up, Yeah they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So these kids go out and buy old Japanese cars.
Speaker 6: Well even like soup of the WRX and different things are one of the more popular ones.
Speaker 5: And then they they soup them up, they drive the hell out of them and get another one.
Speaker 1: Yep, they eat that engine a lot.
Speaker 6: And destroy it.
Speaker 27: Yes, hey, Kevin, you know, one of the one of the really annoying trends I've noticed in the past ten years or so is these cars that we're just discussed, but they're somehow they do something to the valve timing so that when they deccelerate, they start to making.
Speaker 20: This bang bang bang and like back on purpose?
Speaker 1: On purpose?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 20: What does that do to the valve train?
Speaker 6: It's not good for none of it is. It's their oversized turbos. You cooler and the boost and everything.
Speaker 20: But bang bang bang backfire sound. What do they think?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 20: What do they think? That accomplishes?
Speaker 6: Nothing?
Speaker 1: It's for show. It's for show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and started in the tunnels. You've never done that?
Speaker 5: No, because what happens if you turn your carference started in.
Speaker 6: The tunnel carbureted car, the fuel keeps going through the exhaust, and then when you start it, when you're in a tunnel, you get a five foot flame come out of your team?
Speaker 21: Do really?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, really absolutely, because because you're ingesting, the gas.
Speaker 6: Is still coming through the car because you're still rolling. But you shut the car off, so the gas now is coming through Ralph fuel is in the exhaust when you started it, if it.
Speaker 1: Explodes, have you seen people do that?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like a thing like beeping your horn. Yeah, you just go ahead, I just beat my horn to here the echo that's boring?
Speaker 20: This doesn't that also destroy the category?
Speaker 1: Somebody? Here's the text. Here's a text.
Speaker 5: And by the way, people, you can text me a seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty remember all the time twenty four seven seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. This one says, I'm looking for a twenty twenty three Chevy Silverado r st Z seventy one four x four five point three Leader.
Speaker 1: My god, it's got to be blue. Well what do you think about it?
Speaker 5: Well, what do you think about that combination? Well, first of all, it's a Chevy Silverado, it's the rst Z seventy one, and it's of course the four x four five point three Leader. He wants to know what you think about those trucks in general, the Silver autos.
Speaker 1: Kevin, Yeah, I'm in general.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure what the RST stood for.
Speaker 5: That was no, But what about you and just Chevy sold I know they're decent.
Speaker 6: They had some issues, you know what. They had a what they call it lift or delete where they were trying to save fuel. It shut the cylinders off. But I think they got that pretty well figured out in the five three. So yeah, it's a good truck.
Speaker 5: Somebody else texted and said that it's illegal to boot in Denver. I don't know what that means. I thought the Denver Boot's still alive and well, but.
Speaker 6: They challenged because I knew a guy who was booting car mark.
Speaker 5: Did you hear about that soldier that he gets out of the army. He's making a home in Denver from Texas. He signs the lease with the spyglass whatever the hell it is apartments, he signs the lease. They could not get him a parking pass right away because the woman didn't know how to do it. So he's parked out in front of his apartment and both of his cars get booted by park it right.
Speaker 1: And even though he had a lease, even though.
Speaker 5: He had a lease and can prove he's a tenant, they will not take it off unless he pays three hundred dollars.
Speaker 30: That's crazy, man, I mean, that's absolutely nuts.
Speaker 25: I know it.
Speaker 30: And and you know, you remember when market got off from the parking right or what is.
Speaker 1: I talked about that earlier? Yeah, that was we did. We took it. We towed the car away and then saw the Buddha.
Speaker 5: We don't even have to tow the car away if he just has a good grinder A Ryobi grinder. He can just grind the hell out of that thing and take it off. There's no law in the land that says he can't do that. I mean, that's they're gonna say, Well, that's personal property, you know, you left it around my car.
Speaker 30: I just thought of something. Man, what was that guy's name? What's the name of it? Ride it ticket?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 1: No, it's it's a park it right. Hold on, I'm going to try to call him. Hold on one second, all right, I want you to I got I got it. I want to see if he'll do something, Yeah, like give this soldier a break? How about that one? That would be good.
Speaker 27: So I did look up the state boot private booting regulations and they are not a whole lot of them, but the pertinent parts are. They do allow for a maximum of one hundred and sixty dollars per boot, and they also require the towing company or the booting company to show up within ninety minutes of that fee being paid on weekdays and I believe one hundred and twenty minutes on.
Speaker 1: The week What does it say about the warnings.
Speaker 27: It doesn't say The state regulation doesn't say anything about it.
Speaker 1: There's got to be warning.
Speaker 27: So it appears that there's a shift from private towing to private booting because the towing has become so restricted now. So I think we're going to get a lot more of these calls.
Speaker 1: So this may not be park it right, it could be somebody else.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I didn't catch the name, and I don't every man even know he told I don't think he told us.
Speaker 1: All right, we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three.
Speaker 22: Oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom Martine here, welcome three O three seven to one three talk.
Speaker 1: We have open lines if you want to get right through it.
Speaker 5: Today's car Dad Kevin Calk with me shared an auto tech. We've been talking about the ideal car. If you had to pick one and one alone, what would you pick? Some people, of course, would be different than me. I would always want some kind of an ability.
Speaker 1: To call stuff. Not a lot of stuff.
Speaker 5: I don't do near what I used to do, but I'd want the ability to hault something. I also like the idea of of course all weather.
Speaker 1: You know, I want something good in the snow.
Speaker 5: I also want something that can carry five people at least okay, me and four others.
Speaker 1: I don't think you need more than that. But so, what is an ideal car?
Speaker 5: You know there are some ideal deals and values out there, but let's let's meaning that you can get a great value on something, but it may not fit all your needs.
Speaker 1: What about if you picked two cars? What would they be? Now?
Speaker 5: Think about that. That opens up the whole world. If you had two cars, what would they be?
Speaker 1: And what? Yeah? And why? I think one?
Speaker 5: If I was going to have two cars, I would have one be a sports car.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason I'd have two cars.
Speaker 5: Sure, because the difference to me between an suv and a car is not that much. The SUVs nowadays are so sporty and nice that you don't need an suv and a car. So if I was going to get a second vehicle and I didn't need one, it would be a sports car.
Speaker 1: What about you, d what would you get?
Speaker 27: I'll probably get one that's identical to mind with less mileage because I'll never be able to buy another Forerunner with a venerable one g r F E engine.
Speaker 20: Why they don't make them, No, they discontinued.
Speaker 27: This is the V sixes, and they're going with these weird four cylinder twin turbocharged engines, and I'll never get half a million miles with one of those.
Speaker 5: Ever, when you turbocharge an engine, you cut down the lifespan no matter what you do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you just basically, no matter what, you trying to get an engine to do something.
Speaker 1: Physics, you're putting more. You're putting more boost to. Absolutely, you're gonna do more. Do more?
Speaker 27: Were it's what do they say about the light that burns twice as bright, burnurns out for half the time.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: So here's the bottom line. If I had two cars, what would they be? Hey, morons, what would your two cars be? Mine would be a sports car and I don't think there's any And you're gonna think I'm crazy because there's a big disparity in price, but not in quality. There's two sports cars. I would only consider only two, Only two. There's not any others I would One would be the Ferrari and it would be the California. It's the best bang for the buck. And or it would be a Corvette. And I think Corvette's probably the better value there, oh by far.
Speaker 1: So I think if I had two cars, one would be a Corvette.
Speaker 5: What would the second one be? Now I can have some leeway because I don't need you know, I have the fun, I have the kick in the pants. So my second one might be just a nice suv, maybe a Mercedes. Well, no, you tell me. The German cars now are not that great. What's a good suv? How about Hummer?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 27: Oh well, how about one of the older land cruisers with the Toyota V eight in it.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the land cruisers that looked like jeeps? They look like they were, No, they weren't. Before the FJ it was it looked literally like a g.
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, they copied it right after World War Two.
Speaker 5: It was a beautiful vehicle that those kinds of toilet land cruisers are beautiful anyway. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. Here's a text Kevin. His car overheats, okay, but not all the time, okay, So and it doesn't have any connection to the outside air temperature, just every once in a while his car overheats.
Speaker 1: What what would cause that?
Speaker 5: A malfunctioning thermostat maybe and that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
Speaker 6: Possible, or cooling fan not coming on? I mean, is it is it overheating sitting still or overheating driving? Things like that you'd have to take into consideration. So is it under acceleration when it's erheating or okay? Or sitting at idle in overheating.
Speaker 5: But overheating obviously shouldn't happen obviously, and when it does happen is mostly underload. What's the the what's the most common reason? Would it be a bad thermostat?
Speaker 6: Thermostat's a very anymore They're going failsafe though, they'll get stuck open.
Speaker 1: So then at least you have circulation.
Speaker 6: You have circulation and no heat, so you know, cooling fans are a big problem. Electric fans. Okay, and you know the extreme you know is head gaskets are starting to leak.
Speaker 27: You know what, what about the frequently overlooked filthy radiator?
Speaker 20: Well, yeah, you could have airfir and I have an airflow problem.
Speaker 6: And then where you drive.
Speaker 1: Sure, Now somebody else wants to know.
Speaker 5: Why do they see people driving around sometimes with cardboard over their radiator.
Speaker 6: Can't get any heat, so they're just blocking the airflow you.
Speaker 5: See, make there to make their cars run hotter on purpose, yes, or their trucks or warmer you see.
Speaker 1: Sometimes isn't that a defect in the system.
Speaker 6: Then it could have just an oversized cooling system, and yeah, there's something going on where it's not heating up.
Speaker 1: And that you would think it makes some automatic kind of baffling you could do like that.
Speaker 6: And there's some cards that do have baffles. Yeah, the one what were we working on the other day. There's a Jaguar or somebody has baffles in the front.
Speaker 5: Here's another one. Ask Kevin, this is a cool one. The card with the lowest maintenance costs that he would know if you had to own a car with the lowest maintenance costs, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: It aren't they all if you do the.
Speaker 5: Right knew they're all the same, Like if you just take care of them, aren't they all the same or not?
Speaker 6: And then you know the repairs you get some cars, like we brag about toads all the time. When they do break, they're more expensive to fix, so dollar wise it may be a push. You know, an alternator or a toad is three times what it is on a Chevy. Things like that.
Speaker 1: So, and here's what I have.
Speaker 5: Why are the range Rovers so beautiful?
Speaker 1: But are pieces of crap?
Speaker 5: I wish they weren't pieces of crack because they do some beautiful finish and trim and beautiful bodies.
Speaker 1: So are they English?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's like the Jaguar and all that English styling with a car is.
Speaker 1: I mean they are absolutely.
Speaker 5: Stunning, yes, But where you get when they get to the mechanics and the electrics so is Uh why hasn't anyone taken range Rover and changed it?
Speaker 1: I mean do people just put up with it?
Speaker 6: I think so? And I don't know why. I mean, everything on there is overpriced and.
Speaker 1: It's it's almost a joke.
Speaker 5: You you talk to people, they say, yeah, I know it's a piece of junk, but I love it.
Speaker 1: They really know there.
Speaker 5: You talk to even any mechanic range rovers, they're.
Speaker 6: They're they're They're always on the list.
Speaker 1: They're always on the list.
Speaker 6: In one and you get tempted because they are.
Speaker 1: I get tempted. Now they're beautiful.
Speaker 5: Or now maybe if they went to an electric one, it would be different. I don't know because where is the junk? Where do they fall back? Because everyone agrees, Oh yeah, razeow you got a range drawer A So where is it? They're talking about the engine, the components, the transmission, all of the above.
Speaker 1: What are they talking about?
Speaker 6: It's it's all the above. There's a lot of proprietary staff, which is challenging because all the other manufacturers you can.
Speaker 5: Use and the manufacturers actually land Rover right, yes, and then they make the range Rover correct and they make other cars too.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 5: Okay, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three O three seven to one, three eight, two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 22: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez, you're a troubleshooter, Deputy Bow we sent out.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you the story.
Speaker 5: Cameron moved here from Texas, a veteran, just out of the army, just set up a place. He signs a lease with Spyglass Creek Apartments and did not get a parking sticker because they said they didn't know how to do that with an out of state plate that he had.
Speaker 1: I don't have any idea what that means.
Speaker 5: All I know is Cameron said he was parked outside his apartment. He has a lease, he has parking privileges, but they booted his car because he wasn't showing the parking pass. Now, if you look at it from the pure sense of what happened, if the parking people are driving around and they seek cars without a pass and they're instructed to boot them, then they've done nothing wrong. They don't know who has a leason who doesn't, and that's why they want the parking pass. But once management found out it was a mistake and that Cameron was not parking there illegally, I think they should have undone the damage.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Bow you're at the scene, Look.
Speaker 28: I'm here. I went and looked at the cars. There's no signage stating that they could be towed or booted. So we went in and talked to the manager. I'm hitting in the lobby as this spyglass apartment building right now.
Speaker 5: I talked to there's no warning signs, then they're screwed.
Speaker 1: If there's no warning signs, they're screwed.
Speaker 28: So the manager of Zidas, he's here now. He told me that we needed to call Metro Parking management to get the boots removed. So the ten camera did call them, and I'm getting that god damn run around because they said no, it's up to the apartment building management.
Speaker 1: Well, the apartment one is the one. Listen.
Speaker 5: Why the hell let me ask the apartment I mean, where do they get off doing this with no signage?
Speaker 11: Did you ask him that absolutely.
Speaker 28: In fact, I'm sitting here in his lobby and he's just called he called the police army and he is to give me a trust.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, hey, bo, Bo.
Speaker 28: Did you let the bow?
Speaker 16: So you're just scam. It's a scam.
Speaker 28: They're scamming these people.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, do me a favor.
Speaker 15: Bo.
Speaker 5: Though, if they do ask you to leave, it is private property. Okay, so you can leave. I mean that's fine, But you know what best place is a scam?
Speaker 22: They don't.
Speaker 28: Bo.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Bo, I want you to take pictures of the of the.
Speaker 5: Areas to show there, to show there are no signs, no warning signs like.
Speaker 28: Putting the batarmy legally. And then I think the management company must be getting some sort of kickback to something, because the parking company says the management has full of control, and this manager here says no, it's the parking company. So they're just giving us to tell you.
Speaker 5: So, what's the phone number at that place? I'd like to give the phone number out at that place so they can get some live customer reviews.
Speaker 28: Well yeah, okay, the phone number for the spy glass spy Glass apartment, and anyway, their address is at seventy one hundred East Mississippi. Okay, the phone number is I've never been treated so bad, and my wife this is I'm sorry. You just get up check. The phone number is three oh three seven five to three nine zero eight zero. I can't believe they called Denver Police company just for trying to get get this result.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you tell him we're trying. You tell Denver police for trying to help a veteran. So Bo went to spy glass apartments.
Speaker 28: I wanted time to police because this is an illegal booting operation and these people don't He's trying to put goodby good.
Speaker 5: Hey Bo, did you say seventy one hundred, seventy one hundred East Mississippi Scamsure?
Speaker 28: I'm all excited, seventy one hundred East Mississippi. And I would like, hey.
Speaker 5: Bo, you're doing it. You're doing a good thing. I'm telling you something. I'm telling you something. This place sucks that this so spy class. I believe spy glasses in on the on the scam.
Speaker 28: I know they are because the guy, the manager here is just totally inflexible about it. And I think, all.
Speaker 5: Right, here's what I want people to do. I want people to let them know that we know they have a scam. And I'll tell you why. I'm calling it a scam.
Speaker 1: You can't boot cars without warning.
Speaker 5: And Bo is out there the scene and says there are no warning signs.
Speaker 20: No, but if you park in that parking lot, they're gonna boot you.
Speaker 1: Two yeah, make sure you don't get booted.
Speaker 16: BO let him do it.
Speaker 28: I'll cut it off in front of the space God.
Speaker 1: Come out.
Speaker 5: Three three seven five. Here, here's the number for Spyglass. There's a veteran who just moved in there and they booted his car.
Speaker 1: They know it's a mistake.
Speaker 22: All they have to.
Speaker 1: Do is undo it, but they won't do it.
Speaker 5: Between the parking company and spy Glass apartments, all they care about is money. Here's their number. Three oh three seven five to three ninety eighty. Three oh three seven five three ninety eighty three oh three seven five three ninety eighty.
Speaker 1: Tell them what you think of them.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denvers Best Roofer, Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ripped of.
Speaker 8: News.
Speaker 2: You needed that, so you.
Speaker 15: Don't have.
Speaker 22: Come running?
Speaker 8: Just as as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come Max is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here. I want to tell you what's going on right now. Deputy Bow is at the scene and cops are coming because, uh, Spyglass Apartments called the cops.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what jerks these people are.
Speaker 5: Okay, Cameron, a veteran from Texas served as country in the US Army, comes to Denver because this is his hometown.
Speaker 1: He wants to come back home.
Speaker 5: He rents an apartment, rents it and signs a lease with spy Glass Creek Apartments on seventy one hundred East, Mississippi. He signs a lease and they say we can't get you parking stickers yet because of your out of state plate. So he parks outside of his apartment and he's booted, and now it's going to cost him three hundred bucks to get the boot off. This is a veteran who signed a lease with these people. He's obviously not some scofflaw off the street. Once they realize the mistake, shouldn't they just take the boot off?
Speaker 1: But they won't.
Speaker 5: Spy Glass Creek Apartment says, we can't do it. It's up to the parking place. The parking place as we can't do it.
Speaker 1: It's up to.
Speaker 5: Spy Glass and Deputy Bow has been getting that story back and forth and back and forth. What what does it mean? Here's what it means. Spy Glass Apartments and the Toe company are so greedy that they want that three hundred dollars so badly that they're willing to charge their own tenant three hundred dollars for illegally parking when he wasn't illegally parking. So here's this veteran trying to make a life in Denver charged three hundred dollars from his new apartment complex. Deputy Bow goes down there to try to help.
Speaker 1: What does spy Glass.
Speaker 5: Do do they talk to us about this situation. No, they call the police. So now Deputy Bow is there and they called the police as if Deputy Bow is doing something wrong. You people are scum bags, that's what you are.
Speaker 1: Scum bags. Spy Glass apartments.
Speaker 5: Your scum scum for treating veterans this way, and your scum for having your towing scam because we can't even find any warning signs you're supposed to have posted on your property. If people want to let Spyglass know what they think of him, you can call them at three ozho three seven five three ninety eighty seven five three ninety eighty.
Speaker 1: You're all scum sucking pigs.
Speaker 5: Now is Bo on the phone, Well, I just go ahead.
Speaker 27: Hi, Tom, this is de Pudd So Bo just called me and he said that the police are arriving and they brought a fire truck.
Speaker 1: They bought a fire truck.
Speaker 20: The firetruck arrived also for what.
Speaker 27: Well, I don't think we know yet, but but I can't wait to see how this develops, and if I can get Joela's ros phone number in case I have to go.
Speaker 1: Bail aside of jail good one cool three three four two nine sixteen hundred.
Speaker 5: No Bo shouldn't get himself in trouble if they want him to leave this private property. But I'm smarter than that. He's not going to get himself arrested. There's nothing to get arrested about. Or we're just trying to help. We're just trying to help this veteran. Hey, Walter, let's switch gears here. You have a question, Go ahead, Walter.
Speaker 31: Yeah, I'm talking about this. Everybody and their brothers jumped on this thing for relief and joint pain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, do you want to know something. I'm going to tell you the truth. Relief factor it's nothing more than a powerful ben Gay. Relief factor gives you some relief, just.
Speaker 1: Like anything does. It gives some.
Speaker 5: People more relief than some people less relief. It's not a miracle drug. It's not a cure. It is absolutely not a cure. So that's the real life. Okay. Now, I know people are going to be pissed off at me for saying that it does give relief. It is soothing, there's nothing wrong with the product. But it is not a cure for pain. It is absolutely not a cure for pain or arthritis. How about that relief relief factor Okay, goodbye, Walter Actor. Yeah factor, Yeah, Walter, it is and and you might want to trial some hearing as two.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding around with you, man.
Speaker 5: But Relief Factor. Don't fall for it. I wouldn't go get ben gay. I mean, look at look at Okay, it might be a.
Speaker 1: Little better than that.
Speaker 5: I don't want to diss everybody who likes Relief Factor, but but truly, truly, in my opinion, it's it's the epitome of exaggeration. There is no joint compound that you can externally apply that's going to cure your problem. Al you want to talk about a break issue.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 28: Yes, sure, I'm a long time listener and I appreciated everything you.
Speaker 16: Guys do, all your staff, thank you.
Speaker 28: But well, I got a quick question now.
Speaker 12: Kind of make it just fast and possible.
Speaker 19: Okay.
Speaker 28: Fifty f two fifty two thousand and five, two fifty.
Speaker 26: Forward truck and he put new brakes on it, new calipers, and you know, rollers uh, he's trying to bleed the brakes and I don't know, you get it all pumped up, everything's good. In about twenty seconds that goes down to the floor and bled him and you can't figure it out. Is there a check valve in there that could be bad?
Speaker 6: It's not really a check valve. It sounds like it's an air problem.
Speaker 1: So what he's there's air infiltration somewhere right now.
Speaker 6: You didn't have this low pedal problem before he did the brakes.
Speaker 16: No, everything was okay.
Speaker 26: So just the brakes were, you know, bad.
Speaker 22: So he did the brakes.
Speaker 5: So now he can't get him pumped off basically they're not holding pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So he says, it pumps up until you bleed it or let go, and then if it's right back on the floor again, Yeah, it's got to still out of air in it somewhere.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you got any idea. We can't see no.
Speaker 6: Leaks, sure, but you just gotta Did he do anything with the master cylinder?
Speaker 18: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Okay, So it.
Speaker 1: Is it hard to bleed breaks? Is that a science?
Speaker 6: It's it's really not. I mean, you start from the furthest wheel away from the master cylinder, and do you.
Speaker 1: Do it from the bottom up right?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, So you start at the pasture side, rear driver's side, rear pasture side.
Speaker 1: But you go from the caliber up.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, so as long as it's installed properly. I mean I've seen guys put the calipers on the wrong side and the bleeder maybe on the bottom, then the top or something. I don't you know. So you gotta re you got to go backwards through and see what it was done, because obviously the problem wasn't there. You created the problem. So go backwards through the job and just check everything.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's really Look, there's really no reason why that that that the master cylinder won't keep pressure there unless it's leaking.
Speaker 6: Obviously, unless it has a yeah, because if you can pump it up, that means it has the air. Yeah, yeah, exactly, but it.
Speaker 1: Should hold steady.
Speaker 5: Yes, So if there's an air pocket, let's say an air pocket, he is not the same as a leak.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be the same as the leak.
Speaker 6: No, it would just be you know, it would be plunge here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, right now, why don't you just get it? Why doesn't he just have somebody look at it.
Speaker 21: That's what I told him, because I was sick of doing We did it.
Speaker 28: My leg.
Speaker 5: I know it, man, those are pains in the butt. At least you don't have ice, cold weather. But you know, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: It's Kevin.
Speaker 5: That's not something you can easily just eyeball though, is it typically not?
Speaker 6: I mean, but it doesn't sound like a big prize, like he's got all new parks. I mean, it shouldn't be a big deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry, Al, but it's you know, air air infiltration can be anywhere, yep.
Speaker 1: All right now, Mary.
Speaker 5: Has a suggestion for Cameron, the veteran who went to Spyglass rented an apartment and his car.
Speaker 1: Was booted even though he was a legal resident there. Mary, what's your suggestion.
Speaker 29: My suggestion is we do a gofund me and raise enough money so he can.
Speaker 14: Break his lease, pay whatever fine, and get a moving truck.
Speaker 12: And get him the hell out of there.
Speaker 5: I wish we could find him a good place. That would be a good idea. Mary and I might consider that right now, though these people are being stubborn. All they have to do at Spyglasses say you know, let us car go. That's all they have to do, but they won't do it because they're money grubbing pigs.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I can't believe.
Speaker 5: They would call police on a guy who's trying to help a veteran instead of just trying to help the veteran. For God's sakes, what do we come to thank you for calling Mary? We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 22: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi tom Archino, your troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five. Let's go to the phones and Zach, what's going on with you? Zach, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 24: Thank you, Thank you. I was listening to just a couple of minutes ago. It's good to hear the jury. You're passionate about helping veterans. I'm a veteran myself. What brings me to you today is I was actually referred to you by another law office. I'm trying to see you. I have grounds for maybe harassment against Westlake Financial Services. I get calls before.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, tell me the story. Tell me the story.
Speaker 24: Well, I bought a vehicle a while back. I was in a really hot spot, needed something quick, and went for it. You know, I took a pretty big interest rate top of my head, I don't remember it right now, and then fell on harder times.
Speaker 1: Life exploded.
Speaker 5: But wait a minute, Zack, Zach, Zach, Zach, Zach, wait, Zach, hold on?
Speaker 1: Where did you buy? Where'd you finance this car?
Speaker 28: Well?
Speaker 16: I purchased it.
Speaker 24: From a place called fifty two eighty Auto in Longmont Coulery.
Speaker 1: Where did you finance? He never said that.
Speaker 5: He said there's harassing him, but he didn't say it was about a car deal. Is Wesley Financial the one you financed the car through, Yes, sir, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: So what happen.
Speaker 24: Even you know, hours after missing a payment? And I do understand, you know, they're owed their money. I signed a contract, but hours after missing a payment, I'm getting calls. I'll get six eight calls. A day, sometimes before eight am, sometimes after nine pm when I'm putting my three year old daughter down for bet. When I do get on the phone, people are condescending. I've been hung up on and they kind of make it tough to get a hold of them to work if deal to get them their money. They've gone as far as even actually not taking a payment. When they said that they would take my money, they were late, not all the money was there, and then I had to pay the late fees. Even after telling them not to take the late fees out of my account, they still took the money. And I'm trying to see if I have any sort of grounds for okay, possibly hurt.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 5: I'm going to tell you why other law offices referred you to us. Okay, because we deal in the gray area. Other law firms they deal in the black and white area. Now, let me explain this to you. Under the terms of your agreement, and they're on and they're they're exactly like most Uniform Commercial Code agreements for financing a car security agreement.
Speaker 22: They have the.
Speaker 5: Right to do normal collection activities and all of that crap. Once they've established a business relationship with you. They can't out of the blue start calling you. But if you sign the application, Somewhere in there you said it was okay for them to contact you.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a pain in the ass if you if you fall on hard times or you're laid on a payment, there's nothing worse than getting six to eight phone calls to remind you of that. I get what you're saying. But they are allowed to do it, so it's not harassment. Harassment would be if they really, if they really get angry and stupid and start start insulting you, and and and do things illegally. I don't think there's I think Wesley Financial is smart enough not to do that. But what I want to ask something When you said make arrangements to get them their money, you don't have to ever make arrangements to get people their money. You have a loan, you make a payment. Why was this different?
Speaker 24: Well, I had deferred a payment to the end of the loan once upon a time, and then you know, the next month, I think I was a day or two late, and so I made an arrangement with them, And so.
Speaker 5: You did have a deferment you have, You've already extended some.
Speaker 1: Of your payments to the back end of the loan. Was that during COVID?
Speaker 24: Actually no, it was just after.
Speaker 5: Okay, and so how many let me ask you something? Is your loan up to day?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 24: Right now? The last payment was the sixteenth, and I'm going to be able to pay it next week as far as they know which actually, and.
Speaker 5: It was due a wait, So your payment that was due, your payment that was due on March sixteenth has not been made yet.
Speaker 24: Correct. And I did make I put some money down basically everything I had at the time, in good.
Speaker 12: Faith, and I do have money, and man, I try.
Speaker 16: To make it right.
Speaker 5: Are you having a tough time keeping up with these payments?
Speaker 24: I am. I'm a single dad, a veteran, and my availability, unfortunately is ten days a month. I'm a plumber and hvat guy by trade, so I try to pick up work on days where I can make a few hundred in a day, and so far that's what I've got.
Speaker 5: Hey, Zach, when you say you're a single dad, do your kids live with you or your child?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 24: I started that fight for fifty to fifty custody. So she's with me half of the half of the time.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you have a child with you half the time, and what about HVAC. You should be able to make a lot of money. Why are you not working full time? What's the reason?
Speaker 24: Well, the availability from the custody arrangement leaves me with ten days a month. Reason being is childcare is ridiculously expensive. It's about as expensive as rent a month, so as no.
Speaker 1: I know, articulous.
Speaker 5: So you were caught between a rock and a hard place because you wanted to see your child.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, you have to work.
Speaker 24: Exactly And if I were to go and get a nine to five and do this full time, I'd have to pay for child care, which when I add up the numbers of that and rent and other bills. Somehow getting a full time job puts me in debt.
Speaker 1: How much is your payment a month on your car?
Speaker 24: Two hundred and sixty eight dollars and I believe sixty four cents?
Speaker 1: And is the car worth of dam.
Speaker 24: I really wanted it to be.
Speaker 18: I purchased it for.
Speaker 24: Ten grand, scratched up, dinged up. They loved it up real well for the test drive, so there wasn't any squeaks for that that stint, you know, pitted windshield, the whole thing. Honestly, the vehicle was not worth ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: To begin what well, what what did you buy? What did you buy? What did you buy for ten grand?
Speaker 24: Twenty sixteen Jeep Patriot?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, twenty sixteen Jeep Patriot?
Speaker 1: How many miles?
Speaker 24: Oh, shoot, off the top of my head, I don't remember. I want to say it had almost two hundred thousand. I'd been through a number of the oh.
Speaker 5: My god, well it's shot if it had two hundred thousand.
Speaker 24: Yeah, And unfortunately, you know, it was a place where if I didn't have a vehicle, it would it would affect my customer. So I took what I could.
Speaker 5: So how long you've been paying on this thing? And you bought it for ten grand?
Speaker 19: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: And you have over two hundred thousand miles on it?
Speaker 24: Yes, I believe that's what it was when I got it.
Speaker 1: So now you have way more than that on it.
Speaker 24: Yes, And I try not to put too many more if I can, if I can save it.
Speaker 5: So, Zach, are you calling because you're just pissed off at this finance company bugging you.
Speaker 24: I mean, obviously that's part of it. There's a lot of irritation there, and I feel like they're a really shady company. They make it difficult sometimes to get them their money. So it's almost like their goal is to repossess that vehicle and keep the money you get.
Speaker 5: I doubt no, No, trust me when I tell you. Please, trust me when I tell you they do you not want a twenty sixteen g Patriot with two hundred thousand miles on it? They're not trying to repossess that car. They just want to be paid.
Speaker 1: How much? What is the balance on your loan right now? What's the balance?
Speaker 24: Without without looking at it, I believe I have between six and seven thousand more dollars on it?
Speaker 1: What all right?
Speaker 5: Listen, I think personally, Zach, that you probably are not maximizing your income potential.
Speaker 1: I really mean that.
Speaker 24: I would have to agree with you. I've got to get creative here. I da helping me trying to find.
Speaker 18: Avenue for that.
Speaker 1: No, seriously, if you if you really do know HVAC, do.
Speaker 24: You, yes, I've been doing it for seven years. That and I dabble in the dark arths.
Speaker 5: Well then Zach, Zach, I think you could make arrangements and even with paying for childcare during those ten days, just part of the time, part of the day. I think, I think you'll be money ahead day. I don't know where you're checking, but they pay really, really, really well. And if you leave your information and a resume with me with Kaschina, I'll see to it that some of the best companies in Denver get that resume.
Speaker 24: Okay, that would be phenomenal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd like to see you make more money and then enjoy your little girl and also be able to make your payments. And I think if you have a skill like that, it's going to waste. So hang on, Kaschina, get me this guy's information. I'm Tom Martina. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We have Kevin with us from Sheridan Auto Tech. We're getting some car calls, but a lot of texts. I'll get to in a minute.
Speaker 1: Here. So I'm wondering what's happening to Bow over there? We're just at the apartment complex. I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 5: I mean, if he went over there and they called the cops on him, I wonder what's going on. Anyway, Let's talk to Chris meanwhile, and then we'll we'll try to get a hold of Bow on his cell phone.
Speaker 1: Chris, what's going on?
Speaker 16: All right? I have a two thousand and nine Volkswagen Eos, one of little convertos wolves with the two liter turbo, and I have a in the third cylinder. I've tried changing the spark plugs.
Speaker 5: How do you know it's in the third cylinder? How do you know where the misfire is?
Speaker 16: When I plug it in that scanner, it tells me it's a I think a three.
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, all right, did.
Speaker 6: You try swapping coils from one like number four to number three.
Speaker 16: Yes, I did do that that in the plugs and the myst didn't move.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 16: Stayed with that. It's like in a lag.
Speaker 6: Do you know if you have spark at number three?
Speaker 1: Do you know? Do you know if you have spark in number three.
Speaker 16: That I haven't verified by leaving the plug out? To see that?
Speaker 6: Well, just take take one of your old spark plugs. I understand, but just take one of your old spark plugs. Put it in the in the end. You know, when you can, you don't have to pull the other spark plug out of the motor.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see, yeah, and just look at use one.
Speaker 6: Of the old ones. Do you say?
Speaker 1: That's a good idea?
Speaker 5: Sure, and you see if it's sparking exactly. So, if it's sparking, then on.
Speaker 6: Well then you look towards the injector possibly.
Speaker 5: So this diagnostic doesn't tell you whether it's the injector.
Speaker 6: Or the No, it tells you the cylinder that the mysfire is, but not what is causing the mysfire. No, but that's the next step I would do, is verify for sure that you have spark. I'm sorry, is this the.
Speaker 16: Same thing a garage would do, or would they have a better scanner that would nail it down further.
Speaker 6: Well, we use a spark plug tester, which is just basically it's not magic.
Speaker 5: I mean, either it has spark or not. But lear, here's where you're going to have a problem. If it does have spark, now you're going to have to do a level of testing you may not be qualified for.
Speaker 1: If it doesn't have spark, what does that tell him?
Speaker 6: Well, then there could be trouble within the modules or something that's that's feeding the coil.
Speaker 5: So either way, he really this is going to go beyond do it at home probably, so Chris, you might want to just bring it into Kevin. Kevin, let me ask you something for something this simple a misfire, I don't mean miss simple to fix or to find, but but really, what what would it cost him at your place?
Speaker 6: You know, any anywhere you know, diagnostic starts, you know, and a half an hour, which is about a hundred bucks up. It's you know, if it's if don't you.
Speaker 1: Do don't you do a certain amount of diagnostics sperience?
Speaker 6: I mean we can quick quick look.
Speaker 1: It's the quick look drive by.
Speaker 6: And see if it if it's something real, real, obvious, and then we don't charge for that. But if we have to dig in, start checking homes and different measurements around the car, then we to start charging.
Speaker 1: But Chris, you know our missfires. Oh you're in the springs.
Speaker 5: Yes, honest accurate auto, really good people, honest accurate auto. And you tell him we told you that to go there, and uh, they're great people. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three two five five anybody here from Bow by the way that let's.
Speaker 20: See d Yeah. I just texted him.
Speaker 27: I asked him if he's in jail yet, and he responded and said, what saying that yet? But that was kind of unnecessary because if he were in jail, he wouldn't be texting yet.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: But here's the deal for those listening. We have a guy named Cameron who called the show. He's a veteran, just got out of the army in Texas, wants to move back home to Colorado. He comes to Colorado and he signs a lead with Spyglass Creek Apartments. He signs a lease. Okay, he says, I need the parking passes. According to him, the woman says I can't do the parking.
Speaker 1: Pass right now. I don't know how to do them.
Speaker 5: He had Texas plates and she wasn't sure what to do because normally they deal with Colorado plates.
Speaker 22: Hey, Tom, I've got buds, so I've got bus.
Speaker 1: Okay. So he parked his car.
Speaker 5: Okay, good, good, Hold on, he parked his car and it was Toad one day out.
Speaker 1: From out No, no excuse me, they weren't told.
Speaker 5: They were both booted out in front of his apartment and it cost him three hundred bucks to get it removed.
Speaker 1: And he thought that was unfair. He has a lease.
Speaker 5: You can see it was clearly signed before they booted his car, So why would they boot his car by mistake?
Speaker 1: Okay? But now that they know he's not.
Speaker 5: Some scofflaw off the street, why wouldn't they just take it off? Well, Bo went down to the apartment to call to ask him that, and they called the cops on him. Instead of trying to help this veteran, they scaled it up a notch and called the cops.
Speaker 1: Now, now tell me why the hell they would do that. I don't know. But anyway, but where does this stand right now?
Speaker 19: Okay? I? Uh, you know the fire department and the cops dead arrive. So I went up to him and I said, okay, I'm here to state my case. And they said wait because there's a fire. So they put the fire out here. So I went up to him and I said, well you must, let's talk for the trust passing it. You're not here, You're not even in our call log. This is low priority. We're not interested. But they okay, but no, I did ask him. They said they are responding here soon. But I've been waiting. But I'm waiting outside the lobby area because there is a no trust passing time. But I'm here as a guest of Cameron to try to get this parking boot issue resolved. Four or five hundred apartment building, Tom, I see three or four boots on cars, hey bo?
Speaker 5: Both and here wait, wait before you say anything, boot Bo. When you say you say three or four boots on cars, are there signs near those cars?
Speaker 1: Any warning signs at all?
Speaker 19: I can't see a sign anywhere other than a place where you're supposed to place your trash. And for handicap parking.
Speaker 6: Hey Bo, Yes, do you have a credit card with you?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 31: Okay?
Speaker 16: For what?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 20: Here.
Speaker 8: I want both to pay for one of the cards, and I will. I will reimburse them on Monday when I see him. So put let him get one of those cars the boot taken off, so the camera at least has a car that he can use, and I'll pay. I'll pay for it for one of the cars.
Speaker 19: Well, Doc, that's generous, that's really yeah, that's very generous, doccause this guy can go out and even look for a job exactly.
Speaker 8: So just you know you're there, So you put on your credit card and I'll give you the cash on Monday.
Speaker 19: Okay, I'll go.
Speaker 1: Will they take a credit card? I'm sure they'll take his credit card?
Speaker 6: Well, wouldn't they?
Speaker 1: I'm because you can contest it.
Speaker 19: I want people to know who the manager of this apartment building is. I have this full first and last name, and.
Speaker 18: Here is what is it?
Speaker 11: Okay, what is his name?
Speaker 19: I'm gonna spell it E X C E D O U S exedious?
Speaker 1: Is that his first or last name? Is that his first or last name?
Speaker 22: That's his first name, his last exceedious.
Speaker 5: I believe it's pronounced exodus. That's what Cameron said. Well, that's not how you spell exodus but okay, so exit, let's go ahead.
Speaker 1: What else exodus y.
Speaker 19: I think the last name is Grigsby g R I x B Y. Now, Tom Tree did some work. The owners of these of this property is in Florida, and I'd like to get find out about their number because I don't think they have a clue what's going on over here.
Speaker 1: No, they don't.
Speaker 5: They don't because this Exceedious Grigsby.
Speaker 1: Is it Grigsby g R I x B Y.
Speaker 5: Yes, Tom, Yeah, his name is Exceedius Grigsby.
Speaker 1: That's a great name.
Speaker 20: I have a copy of his business car.
Speaker 1: That is a great name.
Speaker 22: Is that his name Exedius Gricksby.
Speaker 20: He's the assistant community manager.
Speaker 5: Assistant community manager, and he's the one that called the cops.
Speaker 19: Oh yeah. He was pretty adamant about it. And then I said, I'm not causing any ways, So I just want to see if we can come to a resolution. And I even offered, like Doc said, maybe we could just pay for one and get the other way in. I'll get them both knocked up it you know, there's no signage, and they were totally in the wrong by not giving Cameron his parking path because he had out of ski.
Speaker 1: Hey, do me a favor.
Speaker 5: I know they were bo we got them, we got them, and now they're so greedy and money hungry that these a holes won't let his cargo for this poor veteran who wants to come to Denver make a new home. They won't take the boot off, and they have the power to take the boot off. But this money grubbing exodus grisby, assistant community manager at Spyglass Apartment seventy one hundred East, Mississippi. They are jerks, They are scum. They are scum of the earth. And I am sick and tired of people coming into our communities and treating people this way. And d you got to get a hold of the management company out Bounty.
Speaker 20: I already left them a message.
Speaker 5: And you tell them this is BSI. Okay, here's a very simple proposition. Bottom line is this was he a resident?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Should he have been toad no? Booted or booted? He should not have been booted. What it was a mistake. No one is saying anyone did anything intentionally. But now that it's a mistake, acknowledge the mistake and.
Speaker 1: Let the car go. My god, just let it go.
Speaker 5: You stupid idiot, you freaking piece of garbage. In fact, very seldom do I pull out this rant, but I'm gonna do it right now, you know, good mother, dirty, rotten son of a scum sucking, no class ass, pimple leeching, rip off, punk, puking, crap eating chump, degenerate, tard, moronic, rude, turd eating sleeves bag, snake in the grass, vampire, wink and twit trolling, toad sucking, simpleton, gum ass doofus dirt bags?
Speaker 1: How do you like that?
Speaker 20: You forgot the generous?
Speaker 1: How do you like it? How do you really feel?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 5: Hopefully anyway, somebody has a comment on the boot trip. Triff has a comment on the boot Go ahead.
Speaker 29: Triff, Hey, Tom, I was listening to your show. I'm a longtime listener as I drive a tow truck, and of course we got a bad rep you know, and do to waltz towing of it. Yes, but we obliged by the rules of the puc Okay, and right now, that booting that's going on right there is totally illegal. They cannot boot that man's car because, first of all, he's a resident there, he lives there. Second, of all, they have to have posted signs coming into the property and all around the property saying that if you don't have a sticker, you will get booted. So yeah, go ahead. Anybody can pay for it. Contact the Public Utilities Commission and they'll retrieve the money back in seven days.
Speaker 5: Hey, do you know anything about these companies that do booting triff? Uh?
Speaker 29: Yeah, you're I do know some and you know all right.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I gotta I gotta take a quick break.
Speaker 1: You can hang on if you want. I gotta take this break right now.