Speaker 1: Time for rock news on one oh one one doub JRR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One oh one one doub JRR.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, before we get into the rock news, uh the rock the bank cash keyword first one of the day. We won't want of you to go snag yourself one thousand bucks. Can't do that though, unless you enter the keyword money m o any y money. Do that in next time on twenty twenty five minutes at our website WJR dot com.
Speaker 3: You got our website, that little box pops up. Put money in there, and if your phone rings next hour with an unidentified number or just a number you don't know, pick it up.
Speaker 2: Answer that phone money m o any y. Go go get yourself some and then hey, play every hour because there's a different keyword each hour and you can enter each time. We'd love to see you one thousand dollars to the good. Okay, this black Sabbath back to the beginning. Concerts get for July fifth at Villa Park in Birmingham, England. July fifth, No Doubt about. It is going to be an enormous rock show for one day. It keeps getting larger and larger as now Guns N' Roses and Tool have both been added to the already star studded lineup.
Speaker 3: Why do I have a film You're gonna give us bad name?
Speaker 2: It's already featured Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Gogira, Alice In chains lamb of God, Anthrax, and then a bunch of other music types who are all going to be part of the day's events, which will be hosted by actor Jason Momoa and coordinated by musical director Tom Morello. Here's the other news that floated out yesterday. Ozzie can't make it. Ozzy is going. But Ozzy is only his words, not mine, going to perform bits and pieces with his original Black Sabbath bandmates during their sets.
Speaker 3: Wait, is that a song or the amount that he's gonna do?
Speaker 2: The amount that he's going to perform bits and pieces? Now, there had also been an indication that he was going to do a solo set when this whole thing was originally announced. I'd far be it from me. Look, you all know that Black Sabbath and Ozzy I put on the highest pedestal possible, my all time favorite artist. If I'm reading between the lines here, I think he's probably in worse shape than we're being led to believe. Oh, i'd imagine.
Speaker 3: I just the concert's still going to be amazing, and I think he realizes that. I think this could just be Hey, this is more of a time to support Ozzy, you know, and pay respect. And that's why all those big bands jumped up that quick.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Yes, but again, the whole, the whole culmination was this final Black Sabbath, the original lineup set, and it's gonna be something a bit different apparently, and we're still months away from July fifth. Now, on the other part here, this thing went on sale for people to buy tickets, or better description, try to buy tickets this past Friday. It was a total cf from what I gathered that the ticketing system was so overwhelmed. At one point, there are people posting screenshots of where they were in line. It's oh great, I'm seventy seven thousandth in line. They should be with me in no time. Yeah. In other words, this thing sold out in a blink, and most true fans never even got a chance to get the tickets, but which is which? Absolutely, if this turns out we're one of these bots, scooped all these things up and now they're going to be you know, sold, it's just more evidence for how just ridiculous the whole ticketing industry is.
Speaker 3: At the same time, Devil's Advocate, Oh, the bots sucked, there's no doubt about that. With this selling out, at least we know there's still going to be some sort of outlet to watch it. And I will sit there and watch it, I know you.
Speaker 2: We keep in mind the show is a benefit for Parkinson's research and children's hospitals there in Birmingham, England. So all right, that's the update on that unfortunate the bits and pieces part is, Yeah, that's got me concerned, you know, not so much in that Oh he's not going to do old, but I think there's a lot more to this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're looking at last half empty, and I understand because of his health and July is a long way.
Speaker 2: As you pointed out, Former Eagle guitars Don Felder suffered a medical episode during a Rock Legends cruise this past weekend. The departed from Miami. During his performance Thursday Nights, he was getting set to play one of these nights, you know, Peacefully Easy Feeling some of the other songs Tequila Sunrise that he was involved with when he was in the Eagles for years, when he suddenly looked unstable on stage, who stumbled and was then quickly led off by a crew member. They posted an updates the next day saying that it was dehydration and then he was going to be okay to finish up the other two sets that were scheduled for the balance. So something going sideways there for Don Feller. Hopefully everything's okay for him. This was pretty cool. Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson popped up and joined Pantera on stage Saturday night at Adidas Arena in Paris, France, helps sing walk as Pantera performed that that's fantastic. Oh look there, All of a sudden, it's Bruce Dickinson from Iron Mate. He lives in Paris now, so it would make sense that he would go to see Pantera if he was home. And obviously he was home and the guy's heard about it and invited him up on stage. Come on up, Bruce, that's cool, that's way cool. Jimmy Page from Zeppelin has posted a note thanking fans for their positive reaction to Becoming led Zeppelin, the biography that's now in regular movie theaters as well as iMac theaters. He said Imax, he says, in light of your incredible responses in demand for the Becoming led Zeppelin film from those of you that have either viewed it Imax or in the general cinema release, I must say the feedback has been very humbling and expiring in inspiring. Thank you to everyone. I've heard great things for your enthusiasm. That's all I've heard is great things. Can't wait to see it. And then let's see one other note here The Cars. There will be a biography coming out called Let the Stories Be Told, authorized by Living Cars members Greg Hawks, Elliott Easton and David Robinson and Built Janovich. Jenowitz will be the writer. It'll be published on October seventh. All right, so not a ton of rock news this week. I think most of it coming out of this sabbath back to the beginning deal. We keep an eye on that over the coming months and see how it continues to take shape.
Speaker 3: Let's knock on wood for the best.
Speaker 2: I second that one final note here It is a Tuesday ticket takeover today on the JR Instagram at one oh one one w JR. If you're interested in trying to win four day passes for Welcome to Rockville, we would encourage you to swing by the Jar instead at some point today at one oh one one w jr R. All Right, there you go. Okay,