Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Tuesday, June tenth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and ninety four. I'm your host, Jen Ochoa. Not even the weather can be stay over me. I'm not staying under it. I'm getting over it. Baby joining me co Captain of the Ship and master blaster of faces Jeff Grubb to watch out.
Speaker 2: I got party popper, and I don't care who fucking dies.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: We collected his ashes in the form of confetti and then brought him back to life by using a series of complicated rituals involving several counds of mountain dew, fruit snacks, and too many skittles.
Speaker 4: Dan Record, I lived.
Speaker 5: My chin still hurts, but my lip's better now. No lasting damage. I don't believe we.
Speaker 1: Managed to cover him in enough SPF that business. Dracula did not burn up in the Los Angeles sun.
Speaker 4: Jeff Beckler, what's going on? Yeah, I used a little bit of sunscreen at play Day's. The sun did not impact me. I'm feeling good, my skin feels good, and it just business as usual here in my Romanian Dracula Castle.
Speaker 1: Oh look, it's nutter butter yay.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jeff has a kid.
Speaker 2: Oh they got a kitten while I was gone. Don't jump for it.
Speaker 5: I've still got scars from my slash.
Speaker 2: Trimmed her claws, so she's got like the nice little nubans on there. We'll teach you how to do that if you need to be.
Speaker 6: Oh, ours is just like twenty knives flinging around all yeah.
Speaker 1: Speaking about twenty knives, he's flinging them around himself because he's the master of the grill.
Speaker 4: What is he? Dan doctor Meat meet.
Speaker 1: Doctor the Meat Doctor Mitch Meet Doctor Mitch, the merch Master, Mitch the the twelfth man of the Wu Tung group the bird games media like Manati Hi.
Speaker 3: I slept for fifteen hours last night.
Speaker 4: Really, oh yeah, all kidding said. I was impressed with how much you are able to sleep, just full stop. And then on top of that with like ruckus and chaos going around, I'm impressed.
Speaker 3: I've always been. I always slept the lots, and I got the sea pap and now like I can just sleep, I can just go. That's I would sleep constantly if I could just most of the day like a like like a.
Speaker 4: Bear, must like most like a bear.
Speaker 3: Most animals do sleep a lot because it turns Yeah, it's a better way to live, and I think I should emulate them.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what animal in LA is messed up? Squirrels.
Speaker 4: Squirrels they are so brave. Squirrels are scary. Yeah, they seemed a little confident in a way that was bothersome.
Speaker 2: I had one outside my window that would harass me every morning. It was he was like he's like, wake up, wake up, wake up.
Speaker 4: And then he'd just stare at me through the windows, just like knocking on the windows. Basically yeah, yeah, speaking.
Speaker 5: Of scary in LA, I feel like, Grub, you and I should talk about our encounter on the last night there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I needed a slurpee. I went to seven eleven.
Speaker 5: Very glad I had you with me, Grub, because I'll let you describe my defense against the situation. Yeah, we went to seven eleven. Grub got a slurpee, I got an ice cream butterfinger and a bunch of big MODELO gimmicks, and I'm walking back with a bag. We are, you know, three houses down from the seven eleven. Basically not a particularly bad area of La, I would say or anything, but we get away from the seven to eleven and we start hearing hey, hey, from like clearly pointing in our directions.
Speaker 2: Oh, they were yelling at us, for sure, clearly yelling.
Speaker 6: At us on like a dark street no one else is around.
Speaker 2: And to Dance credit, you just started walking faster, didn't look back or thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, yep, and Grub, you just keep walking, just keep walking. And I was like, okay, okay, you know, I lived in San Francisco and I just kind of ignore. But like they were clearly latched on dust in a way where it's like, oh, they're going to approach us.
Speaker 2: We had we did stop to turn around once we started hearing them sprinting at us. We heard the footsteps getting very fast.
Speaker 5: Yes, and so was this woman uh sprinted us clearly was not in a great way, very wild eyed, and she was pointing my bag and she's.
Speaker 6: Like, you took my bag, motherfucker, you took my bag.
Speaker 5: And I was like, I didn't take your bag, I promise you, and she was just really really adamant. And then Grub, do you want to describe my master's stroke of how to get out of the situation?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, She's like he took my bag, Like no, no, She's like, no, that's my bag. And Dan goes and thinking maybe this would help. I have a receipt. Mistake, my mistake, have a pleasant evening. And she goes, I don't care, let me see it.
Speaker 4: And now I'm just like, no, just.
Speaker 5: Parked at her grub, just like no, and like like like he was approaching a bear or something. She kind of backed off before screaming the in word at us and walked back, and then she said I was going to jail. She goes, You're going to jail, motherfuckers. Please call the police right now. Please call the police. But I have a receipt.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm like, we're just in the living room and I hear like this pounding at our door, and I'm like, oh, dance being silly again. Slowly walk over and opened it.
Speaker 4: What was he like when you when you let him in? Let me describe it. Terrified, just like he had run for the first time in a long time. Okay, yeah, yeah, I guess I don't know. Maybe you're walking a lot on that thing. Uh, And he just was exasperated and fear not gonna lie. I kind of feel good just seeing that he is up bringing.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, the suburban Kansas up bringing really came out of me that night.
Speaker 4: Just seeing when the ship really hits the fan. Uh you know.
Speaker 2: Dan tried to later take out a bag of trash or something or like close up the garage or something, and Jan was making a phone call on the other side of the fence.
Speaker 4: He's like, Grub, there's someone on the other side of the fence. I'm not gonna take a lot.
Speaker 3: Of very interesting because like Dan is absolutely fearless about some things. He's on a roller coaster field three hundred miles per hour. I don't know if that would kill me, but it'd be fun. I'm gonna eat your slice of the pizza after handling raw meat without washing my hands. But yeah, just wanting kind of like that. He's shaking up for the whole evening.
Speaker 4: Oh you mean like real life. Yeah, it's when real life comes and knocks on his door. Dan's the one in the bunker.
Speaker 5: Real life accused me of stealing its bag. Yeah, oh boy, but yes, I'm glad Grub was there. Oh yeah, Mike, I'm sure Mike Manatti would have been just real cool, tough guy in that situation.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I think I I think I'd want to be with Manati. Really, Yeah, I got a receipt and look what I got you. Here's my item list, here's my credit card number.
Speaker 4: I think maybe just Manatti could potentially be a scarier figure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he would like plant his ground and start growling.
Speaker 2: And like Liketown, Ohio.
Speaker 4: For sure. I want Manti like a in a street brawl, no offense. Dan, you might be last picked in that. Oh buddy, Well, I've.
Speaker 6: Seen so much wrestling.
Speaker 4: Mike's a big boy. He's gonna He's gonna throw down and be Okay. I'm not worried with Mikey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good question. I feel like we both have similar upbringing in a way. Mike's tears was cushier. I would have been tougher.
Speaker 4: What right tougher?
Speaker 1: We can't we cannot start the pole debate of who is tougher?
Speaker 3: All right, fine, Dan will have a fight on.
Speaker 5: I don't feel like the Golden Ugger because you know, tattooed on her back to money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say like like I had a friend kind of similar, I would say, kind of similar to Dan, like this in high school and knows this whole thing, like, well, who would win in a fight? So finally it's like, all right, let's have a fight. And oh yeah, was like pinned them to the ground and sat on their throat for a while. You give up, like he kind of just would it. So he started, like, you know, kind of getting in a bad way. So it's like, all right, I give up. I don't want to hurt you. And then they're like wow the other guy one, Oh wow. I could see it going a very similar way.
Speaker 4: I learned.
Speaker 1: I learned something from staying with y'all for like, what what was it, three four days, four nights, four nights.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Dan's farts just sounds like a stereotypical fart, like a wave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that wave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like, wow, you could make a killing selling that sound effect.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I want to give special shouts out to a couple of hobbies that helped us to get GB at night and all the shenanigans that we did from the airbnb up and running.
Speaker 4: Shouts out to Chuck.
Speaker 1: Oh he smokes, Chuck, What a useful dude.
Speaker 4: Huh. Oh my goodness. I just I don't think it could be overstated. Yeah, we rang everything out of that guy. Just how important Chuck was to not only that weekend, but how important Chuck has been since we took ownership of.
Speaker 3: Here's the nicest thing I can say about Chuck. Because Chuck and I were actually on the same flight back to Pittsburgh. Chuck had to lay over there. Chuck it off the plane first, and then Grob. He waited for me.
Speaker 4: Of course he did well, he learned from my mistake. Of course he did.
Speaker 2: I waited for Tyler Robertson, who I just met this weekend after we were on the same flight together.
Speaker 4: So nice.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, I'm god, I'm teaching you social cutesy.
Speaker 2: I just thought i'd be nice because this is the person I just met you. It's like whatever.
Speaker 1: Also, special shouts out to our dear friend Nikki. Of course, unfortunately, Nikki's bag got jacked during the vg BES mixer, but the community and the internet was very kind to help them reach well past their goal, so hopefully they can find a switch to replace that, as well as their laptop.
Speaker 4: What the fuck, y'all? Yeah, that sucked.
Speaker 1: Also special shouts out to James for lending us an obscene amount of gear, so much so that we had to politely turned down a good chunk of it. Also, shouts out to James for picking it up, because.
Speaker 4: James, that's great, mean you bud.
Speaker 2: That's grind style actually from the community everybody, so yeah, huge shout outs to James.
Speaker 1: Special shouts out to where sound engineer Kara for dealing with our shenanigans the whole week.
Speaker 4: Poor Kara.
Speaker 3: Like one of the first things that you saw was Dan get blasted by.
Speaker 2: Knocked off his mic too, which she brought blew my mic off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just okay, let's go through the thank yous and then circle back around to that. I know, I know Kara had a great time. She she confessed me, She's like, this is funny. You guys are okay.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad because like the whole time, like in leading conversation, conversations leading up to the event, I'm like, how do I tell this like professional person that we're a bunch of like dufices parentheses positive.
Speaker 2: But browie, but the good broie. We're trying to be at least yeah, but people who work.
Speaker 4: And they they've seen that you you didn't have I'm sure. She was like it's just weird, but it's fine. I'm sure that the Max shirt.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry you're wearing the Max shirt. Y, Sam Keith's the Max. Yeah cool.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that Emma did some like light massaging as well, and like giving her expectations as to like the type of people she'd be working with.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And also special special special shouts out to our sponsors war Frame, a Pent Interactive, Papagena Tome, two Young Houses Horses, Sorry I had to put some stank on it, and Dosa Divas for for helping SGF happen for us. Holy smokes, guys, that was you know that super fast?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What an amazing out pouring of support from all all those groups is like, we're just blown away. Our hearts are filled. Thank you so very much. This is great. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I kind of missed the war Frame Villa. Guys, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: I woke up in the war framevill It's not the same.
Speaker 6: I told the owner.
Speaker 5: I said, like, we absolutely loved it there, and we do these shows from LA couple times a year and I would love to return.
Speaker 4: That place was great. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I woke up in my regular apartment today and I was like, not the same. It's not the same as the war frame villa. It is not all right Gas.
Speaker 4: Maybe we probably have differing opinions about staying there forever. I think, you know, it was fun to get home.
Speaker 1: That's what that was a mere taste. If we got a content house, imagine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, content house have to be I think bigger for sure.
Speaker 6: I can get shot in the face every day to wake up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm back in. I'm back in. I just man, just to go. I don't want to forget this conversation I so soever. So this happens to Dan fourteen second? Can we talk about it right now? Is that okay?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, talk about getted?
Speaker 4: Not fourteen seconds into this entire weekend is Dan on the ground and I'm like and I'm watching, and I'm like, oh my god, like my entire business, Dracula life flashed before my eyes.
Speaker 6: I think your life flashed before your eyes.
Speaker 4: We're talking about me. So you know, you go down and and it's that part where it's like, oh the friend fell and is he is he? Okay? We're all having fun and you know I went into to get you some ice, which I don't think you've said out loud to anybody, but you did all this stuff there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then the I mean the best was the conversation that I had just Dan and I in the hallway where he's like, am I bleeding? Am I bleeding? And I'm like not at all. He's like, no, I think I'm bleeding. I think I'm bleeding. And his mic is dangling down his shirt and I'm like, I'm like, we might be live. Just keep your voice down right, and he's and you were just you're incoherent, you were you were kind of speaking, gobbling good face again. I'm not saying there's no reason for it. This is just in shock. This is what was So you're this is his mom And then he's also talking to me with the tissue up against his face, so he's like, I don't know what's happening. I feel like I feel like my face fell off. Is my face on? And I'm like, everything's fine, buddy, don't worry. You were It was truly an amazing moment for it was it was cinema, cinema.
Speaker 5: There was a little blood, had a little bit of bloods from the bottom of my nose to my chin.
Speaker 2: The blood was from your face all through your mouth. It was all like black in there.
Speaker 4: It was rough. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I realized that until he was talking to Greg Miller and he was like, the inside.
Speaker 6: Of your lip is black, and I was like what it was like, oh shit.
Speaker 4: Okay, I when you came back, I could not stop laughing. When you came back from being from your from your like ice and whatever. I I just couldn't stop laughing.
Speaker 2: I was just so really to see all his teeth that I was feeling like a million at that point, you know what, Like I it took a while to get up and running because we had some audio bugs, and then I was like, it took.
Speaker 1: So long to get the stream up, should I really bring it down right now now? And then Grub just carried on the conversation. My favorite two of my favorite things, right is as soon as it happens, like no one actually gets up to check on Dan and then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, I'm like, I'm not sure. And then once I realized it wasn't, I'm like, someone please help him, because I'm like, I walk away.
Speaker 4: What happened to the show?
Speaker 1: But that like Jesse Vittelli just takes a big swig out of his and yeah, the reddit that Mike took ahead of his vein exactly the reddit that blew up accused Mike of like, oh wow, that was just gonna hit his vape after this, not going it's a fucking kazoo?
Speaker 4: Wait, but did you? Did you play the kazoo after he got out.
Speaker 3: So nervously put it back in my mouth for a bit.
Speaker 4: Because I was terrible. I get it.
Speaker 5: I get it because it's like I'm trying to put myself in your shoes where it's like, you know, I'm a I'm a worker to an extent, and you know, like or English or exaggerate a little bit. And so it's like Mike talked about once, like like last year or something, he threw something at me in a bathroom at the SGF party and I sold it and I flew back into the wall and fell down or something, And so I could I work enough to where it's like, Okay, I can see how they think it's a bit, but zero percent, zero person like that just me reacting to trauma.
Speaker 3: I was to Dan and just Credit you were both obedious like oh wow, things happened, traumatized.
Speaker 5: I cannot get mad at that. And I've done plenty of bullshit to him.
Speaker 2: The Dan had any permanent damage, I would be in a bad way. I was just like, it seems like if like, if I was in his shoes and this was the damage, I would be feeling the same way as Dane. So it was easy to like go on with it. But had there been anything that looked like, oh not the truth a little loose, I would.
Speaker 4: Have been devastating.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so last year Dan blasted Grub with a leaf blower.
Speaker 4: This year we're escalating.
Speaker 1: Grub blasted Dan with a confetti cannon. Next year, is it just gonna be a full on, like ten paces duel, We shoot Mikey out of a cannon.
Speaker 4: There we go, turn turned the aim. Oht's shoot a cannonball at Mikey. Yeah right. It felt like it felt like I was witnessing like some want to attempt to assassinate somebody.
Speaker 6: I mean I felt that way.
Speaker 4: It looked that way, the look in your eyes, Grub, like from my point of view, when I was like, this is my chance, this is my chance.
Speaker 3: Shoot a buzzball at Gin.
Speaker 6: Into his mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, the buzzball away from the house that was disgusting.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, no, no, no, that was perfect. People will see it in the vlog that's going to go up this week. But Dan and I and I think backlar is there. We go into the garage or the void fridge, and then Dan just starts laughing and looking at me, and then out of nowhere he pulls out the Biggie buzzball and.
Speaker 4: He was already there in the bridge.
Speaker 2: We didn't know it was there, unopened, it was sealed, though it was it was sealed.
Speaker 1: It was sealed and then or was it just like old motor oil. No, no, no, I mean that stuff doesn't expire right. No.
Speaker 4: It was the one thing all weekend that really challenged my religious belief. Houting the buzzball preloaded into that fridge. You know, maybe there is a god. Yeah, maybe there is a God.
Speaker 1: And then Nikki proceeded to tape it to my hands under my own demand. I think I yelled at poor Charlie to get the buzzball on some tape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eddie, Eddie buzzball hands.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And you couldn't see this at home, folks, but like behind the camera, there was a dozen games, media and pr people like kneeling on the ground like a cult ritual, as Jan with his taped buzzball is just anointing them.
Speaker 1: Just I skied it out like a video.
Speaker 4: Uh okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It warms my heart that there is a still of me pouring a gigantic buzzball into the mouth of one of like the biggest YouTube essayists.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean Dan, you had some of it too, just on top of a burger. Yeah, that was real fun. Congross.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before we move on about the confetti pop thing, it was maybe like the next morning, I was in bed, I was looking at my phone and I just like it just started laughing as hard as I possibly could. I don't know if it was reverberating through that how hear that? Yes, all of a sudden, that was you know, the house is a lot of hardwood floor, so it's echoe and you know, the whole thing. So I come downstairs and I just start showing this clip. If you go back and watch, about thirty seconds after Dan goes down, Grub goes, oh man, Dan, did I get you right in the face with that? And then it just goes Mike still within earshot just goes Yep. It is just I don't know what if it's the timing, it's just the funniest like you shot me, yep, you got me kind of thing. It is so much much. I must have listened to it eleven times in a row. I could not stop laughing. How just you're like, yep, you got me? Like, oh man, it couldn't have been more of a sniper shot.
Speaker 5: It was a direct right center and more above would have probably shoved my glasses into my eyes.
Speaker 4: Or it would have been terrible.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I have terrible aim, Like of course I didn't do it on purpose. And then of course after that I do that perfect shot into Danny O Dwyer's mouse, and now I look like no.
Speaker 4: I definitely it was amazing. Yeah, happy Pride.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm glad that Miller and Danny really hammered it home by playing.
Speaker 4: A banana cream.
Speaker 5: Okay, we have a lot of stuff that will be coming up still from SGF. I interviewed Ben Starr. I have a really good interview star. Yeah, yeah, shot it. I was not able. I was carrying a mcgroober DVD at the Death Stranding premiere for Hideo Kajima and pr had asked me like, I was like, they want to clear everything with Kajima obviously, and I was like, all right, I want to give him a Groeber and PR was like, okay, you can do that, but just ask him a couple of real questions first, And so I asked him a couple of real questions and he was giving very thoughtful, long enough answers to where PR was like, all right, uh, yeah, we're done.
Speaker 4: We got to move on.
Speaker 5: So I'm just I wasn't able to give it to him, so sorry next time, right, Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I'm glad I had fun at Hideo Kojuma's red carpet event for himself.
Speaker 4: Is that the second time you try to give him mcgroober.
Speaker 5: Yes, I brought a copy of mcgroober to Japan, but I knew he wasn't gonna take it there.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I can say this, but there was a moment like, you know, they're taking photos at the red carpet, right, and then like, uh, Hideo Kajima is now flanked by two Japanese models, one I believe is in the game. And then I'm not gonna say who said it, but someone like nearby looks at Hedeo Kajima surrounded by two Japanese models and he just claps his hands and he goes, Now, that's a.
Speaker 6: Shot somebody who might be friends with.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that was fun. Any other fun memes from from the weekend before we get.
Speaker 4: Into Everyone want to learn a lot about mustard, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Yeah, I was like in a thing. I was seeing a game that we can't talk about yet. Later this week, I know it doesn't matter, and I catch up with all these guys and there's Yeah, I catch up with all these guys and they're in the media area and they got like a whole you know, conclave around them. They're all discussing something, obviously, and Jesse if it Telly looks at me and says, just walk away, and it's like, just leave.
Speaker 4: I got to say, oh no, not again.
Speaker 2: And of course the curiosity is too insane at that point, and I'm like, what is it? And everyone like looks at Dan and then dan'ce like have you.
Speaker 4: Ever had mustard? And then I wanted to walk away. This was the weekend where I think I reached a new level of mutual understanding with Jesse as to how we uh collectively feel about you. Dan, we just sort of from a culinary point of view more specifically, but just kind of looking at you and just blocking eyes and just being like you know, when you see someone in you lock eyes and the situations insane and you don't have to say it out loud or I say it all, just sort of like I know, buddy, what we're doing.
Speaker 1: He speaking about culinary stuff before we get into the mustard of it all, Pete, I think echa developer behind dos of Divas.
Speaker 4: Yes, instead of taking and hanging out with that because.
Speaker 1: It is just super dope, instead of taking the initial bite of the burger, he had George from Papagenda come on and take a bite of it. People assumed that George died after taking a bite of the burger because he never came back on set, not knowing that he was just a stunt man.
Speaker 4: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My My wife was legit mad at me for biting that burger. I got home and she's like, but the kids were disgusted watching didn't make that. Then they watched you eat it and they were kind of all mad at you.
Speaker 4: It was. I had a tough time watching you cook. I had a tough time.
Speaker 5: And I had I'm gonna I'm gonna try something. I had a realization because like I don't remember it was on the air or off the air or whatever. We talked about honey, and I was like, I don't know if i'd call honey sweet, and then I got the old, you know, dumb dan reaction. And then later I thought about it and I was like, wait a minute, No, there's a phrase sweet, there's sweetest honey. I knew that ian so like I had some like introspection. I'm like, why did I say honey wasn't sweet? If I I think I say things first and then if I just like access my actual thoughts and knowledge, I'm like, oh, that's a ridiculous thing to say.
Speaker 6: I know better than that.
Speaker 5: And I realized, listen, I'm on a plane yesterday and my dad's like, when are you leaving LA, And I said, I'm in the air now, and he just goes, it's impossible to text from airplanes, and I'm oh, oh, this is a this is me just saying thing that like, I'm going to try. I'm going to try to think before I say things.
Speaker 4: Admirable.
Speaker 2: Listen, I think it's Okay, if you say things and then think, as long as the thinking happens at some point, I'm going to be satisfied.
Speaker 4: Dan and I.
Speaker 5: When I back, I went to Jan, I was like, you no longer than honey. I know that that's a thing. That is a thing.
Speaker 4: So I'm it's like a dreamcast. I'm sorry. I just said that. It sounds like we are flirting with you making progress. It's not good enough for me.
Speaker 5: What to I'm always at work in progress and I, uh.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: Amen?
Speaker 4: Brother? Yeah? Like I just want I want you to see this through though. I don't want this to be like a little jaunt that lasts for like forty eight hours and then we move on, we regress.
Speaker 6: I need you calling me out.
Speaker 4: Oh that won't be a problem, buddy. And what do you mean that's all we do? Right? You poop on the floor, we rub your face in it, and then two steps later, like I think I'm gonna shoot on the floor. Gain other good memories.
Speaker 2: Uh just at like a bunch of cool people that I hadn't spent a lot of time with before Mark McDonald, Oh my god, they're just so sweet and and great. There's so many people like that cool industry and we uh, you know, I'm always proud of the of the you know, the party we put on because we invite the cool people show up for us.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was one of my favorite couch segments was having just Jill Groat and Kate Sanchez Yeah on the couch. I was just like, Wow, look at these like new school of like games journals.
Speaker 4: Doing this, doing things their own way. For sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's it's awesome to be able to just have them on and have them hang out and want to be a part of it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, very cool.
Speaker 5: Something that I was shooting for when I was looking for the B and B was like, I really wanted to feel like the first ones I did in like the early twenty tens, where it really was just like, you know, Ryan and Jeff and those guys, like in a fucking place that they were also staying at and they somehow made of the broadcast place and like, you know, the hotel stuff was fun. The fan of MAHQ stuff was fun for different reasons, but like, I wanted this to feel not shitty but you know, scrappy, you know. Yeah, And it reminded me of those more than any other e threes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I enjoyed it a lot, I'll say it. I think it was my favorite SGF.
Speaker 6: I don't think it was mine too. Yeah, and me too, And I.
Speaker 4: Think based on all the ones I've been to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's talk about video games. I feel like we were all very polite to each other over the weekend, very understanding, and that meant a lot to me. You know who was not polite or understanding. It was fucking a Nintendo because they decided to launch the switch to at the same time as SGFED fucking Dix. Uh, Mike, you you waited in a shoot line for one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was great. Me and my brothers were just at the best Buy together and just waiting in the line and actually picked one up there just to like make sure I was super ready with it. You get recognized, I did get recognized. Well, I got recognized. It was even better that they recognized AJ and that and he really really liked that. So, oh that's cute.
Speaker 1: I see, I'm happy they recognized AJ. I am less happy that you reveled in the fact that they also they later recognized you of like, well, yeah, you know the stars.
Speaker 3: Here, Well, I know it's a problem, but it was a ton of fun.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you know, a lot of these consoles lately, I usually played them at a preview event or something or another at some point, but like this was the first time. I was just opening the box and there it is for the first time. The switch to it is still kind of a magical experience. It was a ton of fun getting something new.
Speaker 4: I should open mind, Yeah, doesn't have one?
Speaker 2: Nuts, now I have another one. I gotta go pick up still best Buy. They probably don't have it anymore. I bet they give it to someone else. But I mean, I don't know. It's I haven't like contacted them, let them know. Hey, I'll come get that when I get back from another state. But I did wait in line as well, in an Orange right next to Disneyland, and there was a ton of people there and I didn't have a pre order and it was just fine. It was really easy to just go in there and get one. It seems like it was gonna sell extra was like five hundred people at that thing. But I had a really good time. It was neat to get it, and then went back and played it and played Mario Kart all weekend.
Speaker 4: It's been it's been cool.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, hell ya, Dan, you you finally got yours. Nikki was waiting at their door very patiently, and you got all the peripfles, right, everyone got like the camera and stuff.
Speaker 5: I got the camera and then I got the camera. I think I've got a box coming with other stuff. But I bought the pro controller and the GameCube controller thing here. I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but even just the feel of the pro controller is very, very good.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry I made a face that people asked what the face was. I saw this very big daddy long leg just crawling on the wall by my computer, and I had to go and deal with that.
Speaker 4: Everyone.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Switch to is cool. Get your control and the cool too. Yeah, mine was way from me when I got back.
Speaker 4: Helly, you used it yet.
Speaker 3: I've been just messing around that I've used it for games yet. But I hear it's good. I hear what's neat is if you place Mario three D all Stars like Mario Sunshine, it works perfectly with it now.
Speaker 5: With the click and all that stuff. Like, oh that's important, okay, great, great.
Speaker 1: Very good, fantastic. I mean, let's just keep rolling along. With like switch to stuff Mario Kart World, how you all have been finding your time with it? I know that Grub may may be on the slightly more sour side slightly.
Speaker 2: Here, Jeff, I'm going back and forth. I go back and forth with it. It's uh, I do think it's more bullshit than Mario Kart's ever been in not a great way where it kind of ruins how I like to race in those games, which is to try to win, and now it's like, hey, maybe you should sit back and make sure you actually get the right items so you have a chance to like maybe pull off a last minute come back. Otherwise bullshit is like guaranteed to get you.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't think that I'm still having fun when I play Knockout Tour. I still think that's a cool mode online. I've only I've done it like maybe like six seven times.
Speaker 4: I've never won.
Speaker 2: I got second a couple times, and so maybe once I went up like I like this game because I'm a simple minded fool like that. But so far it's just been like, yeah, the boy, it feels like I just cannot escape any of this. Ever, none of the skill is it doesn't seem like it's mattering. Now I am getting more used to doing things like holding down the jump button while going straight so that you could do that power jump to get up on rails, and I like that that's skill based, and I like that that like is the thing you have to do to get into the wall runs, and I've not been taking huge advantage of that yet, So I'm wondering if, like, as I get better at those things, maybe the game unlocks itself to me a little bit. But so far, I'm like, hey, this is a it looks great. It does still play great because it still has basically the same fundamental controls and mechanics is Mario Kart eight, and then there's those extra things on top, and then there's a lot of cool characters in it, so like, it's got a lot of the stuff I want. I just think that when I'm trying to win a race, it doesn't feel as good as some of the previous Mario Kart games so far.
Speaker 5: I mean, I am loving the chaos and there are those big you know, I've seen some people complain about the like wide roads and stuff like that, and I love it because just when there's like twenty four cars going and there's just nonsense everywhere. It feels like Fury Road, you know. Sure, it's just like just absolute chaos going down the track. And I do find that there have been times I've gotten ridiculously screwed over and gone from first to tenth right at the finish line or whatever, but that's kind of always been Mario.
Speaker 4: Cut It definitely is. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So it's like, I don't know, I feel like I'm pretty good at Mario Karts, and I'm able to get mostly like the gold cups on each one, and if I get screwed over on something, it's like, oh, well, I'm going to play every one of these Grand prize a million times anyway, so just give me more of a reason to keep going back and trying to get that gold cup. I think Knockout Mod's great. I can't wait to place them online. I haven't been able to really check out online at all, but I do. I can't wait to like maybe do some streams and do like a room code and just play with like twenty three members of the community like that sounds awesome.
Speaker 2: And play with the camera on Fantastic. Yeah, Fantastic actually did that with the kids and they loved it.
Speaker 1: We also tested out the camera, I think Thursday night we played a little bit with Aj Minati and it was just absolutely hilarious of how crystal clear while you were racing, his portrait looked. And it does a whole Nvidia cutout thing. But if Aj ran across like a banana peeler, got hit by anything, his little portrait would be like like spin around, spin around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was really It's really funny.
Speaker 2: And like I said, the kids loved it and that was local with where you set up the camera to be on your face when you're sitting on the couch with just one camera set up, and that worked surprisingly well. And I love that idea of oh, yeah, we're playing together all the time, you just assume why would I need a camera, But actually seeing the face in the game, because you're not staring at someone's face while you're playing, seeing their reaction when you do hit him with a shell, it makes it all the more fun. That dog's not real. I'm I'm enjoying a lot of those aspects of it for sure.
Speaker 5: And the audio on that camera too, Like when we were playing with CJ, it was just like we could hear him totally fun, four of us all talking to Yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Was great, and that might that's the mic that's built into the switch to actually, but still it was on the other side of the room. Yeah, we could he could hear us, like even when like Backlaar was in the room adjacent to where we are and we would test it by Backlar shot something at Aj Minati and Aj would be like, you know, I can hear him. He does sound far away, but I can completely understand him. So kind of impressive stuff and just simple basic use cases start to come together really quick when you're like, okay, yeah, I could see me using this family pretty frequently.
Speaker 1: And then like we we popped open like the whole game chat windows stuff, and then we both kind of tuned it out after a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Like when you are using the cameras, there is no way to make the game then full screen. It's going to be a smaller, you know, slightly smaller window with the cameras below. Now you can minimize those those cameras to be as small as possible basically, and then that'll make the game a little bit bigger, and then put black bars around the side of the game and that has the cameras on the bottom, and as Jan said, we both got used to it very quickly. I was I was no longer being like, oh, I'm like, this is a window inside of a window that's a little bit a little annoying.
Speaker 4: It wasn't annoying after five minutes.
Speaker 5: And Chad asked if the mic was close to the TV, and yeah, the switch was like right underneath the TV, which was across the room from us, and it all just kind of like you know it in the Welcome Tour game, it tells you all about how the microphones and stuff like cancel out, you know, like it says like, oh, yeah, it's going to cancel out the game noises because it's like that. It sends the game noises to the microphone, so it knows what to cancel out.
Speaker 4: And video is really good at that stuff. That's all in Vidio tech.
Speaker 5: So yeah, and it worked. It really worked. So yeah, I could say myself using that pretty frequently.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we brought it up. Let's talk about this switch to Welcome Tour.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry I was stupid beginning.
Speaker 4: Please please please, I like it.
Speaker 3: I think, Uh, you know, what's your history with Mario Kart, Right, that's the thing. It's like, I'm always like Mariokot's fun, never really more than an eight for me though, Right, it's kind of my thing. So you know, people like, oh, my card Aate Deluxe to be when of the best games of the Switch, I'm like, I guess here's my thing. I really like this one too, but yeah, still like, yeah, this is anate, It's still a ton of fun. I like, I hear what you're saying about the bullshit, but to me it's maybe it is a little bit worse, but that's always been a part of all your card that I don't necessarily.
Speaker 4: Love, definitely a part of it.
Speaker 3: I wonder if, like part of it feels like they could fix it by just making blueshells like a fifth as common as they are, because right now, it's like, if you're in first place, at some point you are going to deal with a blueeshell rewind no matter what the yeah, but you're still you can rewind to not get hit by the blue show. But you're still rewinding, which.
Speaker 6: Is still a pretty cool move. Grub I did it, and it felt really cool.
Speaker 2: Keeping your momentums neat Now that doesn't work online though, But yeah.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. Like the thing I really care about is like, hey, what are these tracks like? And there's still so many cool tracks here. D K Spaceport, the Toad Factory.
Speaker 4: The Rainbow Road Road is awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very very good. Free Room stuff isn't like the most fleshed out. I still think it is fun.
Speaker 2: Cute more than it is like very exciting, Like I get's there. It's not a huge plus. It could have done more with it, is there? Online multiplayer free room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the player with free Room. I don't think it can even splitz it.
Speaker 2: I think like when you're in between matches online free Rome is like an option. I think people are hanging out there, but it's not like, oh then we can all just go explore this world together, and that's I was really looking forward to that.
Speaker 5: At the switch launch they showed the thing of like you know, getting like three or four cards together and doing photo mode and stuff.
Speaker 4: So I think, you, okay, well let's give out of shocks.
Speaker 2: We haven't had time to like test all this stuff yet so much I said you can't splits green free Room.
Speaker 3: I thought you couldn't, and that it didn't.
Speaker 2: Make Patrick topics, try children cry. Yeah, okay, welcome to her.
Speaker 5: I like, I know everyone makes fun of it, and yes, I agree it should.
Speaker 4: Have been a pack in.
Speaker 5: That makes a lot of sense as a pack in, but remove the price part of it, and like, I think it's a fun little thing and it's a fun way to learn about the hardware.
Speaker 4: When I was watching you, I was like, Wow, what if I could pay for an eye exam so esthetic?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it is kind of fun, interesting, but there is something medical about it. Yes, it's scare ryle in a weird way.
Speaker 4: It's the hospit. It's got hospital energy.
Speaker 6: There's like that nice Uh.
Speaker 5: There's like ray tracing on those buttons that looks good as hell, rotating those around and like sliding around on the screen.
Speaker 4: That's fun.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 6: There's little mini games and stuff there that are very very simple.
Speaker 3: Better at them than you all too, Remember that you got you all were trying that skin. Yeah, he was so.
Speaker 2: Proud of himself, like he was just like doing these really satisfied size and I'm like, good for you, Mike.
Speaker 3: Multiple turns. You couldn't you couldn't touch forty at the stars whatever while footing the mines and I got my first try and just wipe the florty. God's embarrassing to not.
Speaker 6: Be Me and Greg were good at the finger game.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, but what about what how'd you do? And switch to a bang?
Speaker 2: Got us finger blasted? I was more annoyed than that joke that that Jan turning the thing off on us when we were trying to do the finger game with each other. We got to click Jen as soon as soon as it happened, I'm like, Dan's gonna think it was me and he yep, he was like yelling at him.
Speaker 4: He's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Grub.
Speaker 2: I'm like, there's no way I could have done this. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: And of course Jan was filming us and making fun of us. I thought that was great, but I'm like, okay, I I thought I would like welcome to her more than I do.
Speaker 4: It's uh.
Speaker 2: I'm I think I'm a little annoyed at like having to like read up on all these things and then take a quiz.
Speaker 4: I didn't think there'd be so many quizzes.
Speaker 5: Well, how else are you gonna know that the speakers come out in a diagonal angle?
Speaker 2: You're right, diagonal angle. I didn't know that, right, Yeah you do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know. There's a lot of people, Yeah, there's a lot of people who were like, oh, I can't stand these people complaining about paying for the I'm sorry, you're wrong, Like you're just wrong, and you've there's a chemical in your brain that forgives certain brands for things more than others. And I want you to see someone and get that chemical perhaps removed from your brain.
Speaker 3: I don't thought I've ever seen some more egregious example of oh, this should have been a packing game. It looks so bad when you compare it to Astro's Playroom.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, it's insane, it's discussed, it's it's gross.
Speaker 5: It's actually that's a great example, Mike, because like Astro's Playroom kind of did the same thing of like check out the Duel Sense and like all this stuff and all that, and it is like you're exploring the hardware and history of PlayStation and stuff.
Speaker 4: So yes, it's even.
Speaker 2: The more basically why he said it, like, it's like even the basic ones it like came with the PS four for like and had the new controller that was much more, much more some down compared to Playroom. Even that is way more impressive. And what a welcome to her.
Speaker 4: Is and and and it was fun. I like, you're having fun, but like you're basically just you're popping bubble wrap. I don't understand, You're just like, I'm sorry, you're you're mentally.
Speaker 3: On the screen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that looked cool.
Speaker 2: You don't want to do a frame rate gift test and then pay ten dollars.
Speaker 6: Mario and four K.
Speaker 3: It is fun, I think, wellcome towards fun, but it is a kind of indignant fun that I am sure.
Speaker 1: Sure while we're still talking about the switch to something threw down here, GameCube games are gonna assume that is, uh, the ones that you can play only switch to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we got soul Caliber two F zero g X and wind Waker. I haven't touched win Waker yet because that's sort of a bigger thing, but especially at the war Frame Villa, we were throwing down on soul Caliber two. In first off, it's nice because you can just turn on the wide screen support and that's just you know, makes it like this widespring game. And with the way that their emulator is working with some up presume they're doing the game just looks very good as far as I can tell. The emulation seems really nice. Like when we had N sixty four at first that emulation was kind of rough. They've been making it better, but the Ganmecube games just kind of already look right. And plus there is the per game button mapping that you can do now, and it's not just like, oh, make make it so that this button is a on game cub you game to do some button combinations depending on the game. So I it's soul Caliber too, like hitting like both of the maybe like attack buttons or something at the same time as difficult on an orbit controller because it was designed for the weird beans and a button there, yeah right there, Dan, So like but here it's like, well, you could just map that to the left shoulder button was or the right stick yeah yeah, but like the left shorter button didn't exist on the gamecubse. That's kind of a free button now, so that kind of helps out a lot.
Speaker 5: And the default is fucked up when you're playing with the Pro controller because like the Pro controller face buttons are more like a Dreamcast and I'm extremely used to playing Soul Caliber with the Dreamcast layout. The first one, so I was able to go in and just be like, no, no, no, just make this feel like the Dreamcast one, and now it feels right.
Speaker 2: So and it does it per game, so it's like it's not gonna mess up through the other game cute games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so Cover two is just still very good video game. It is, got it. We played a bunch with each other even last night. I was just going through that weapon master mode or whatever.
Speaker 6: Unlock Yoshi Mitsu.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same, and it's just like, gosh, this this is just the best three D fighting game still. I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you unlock the armor for the Link or the weapon for Link that helps him heal that my friend used to chieve when we.
Speaker 4: First, like the first time, Oh that sucks.
Speaker 2: He's like he's like, come over our house and we're gonna play the Webon master mode and no one knew what it was. And he's like he kept choosing Link with a certain sword and he kept being this, I'm like he felt like he should have lost that one.
Speaker 4: What happened? And then I finally noticed, like his health is regenerating. What the fuck? So I picked that Link character and then I beat him. He's good.
Speaker 3: Gosh, also just gorgeous. Still like that looks so freaking good, So it's awesome. Yeah, the implementation of the GameCube stuff seems very good.
Speaker 2: Great, Yes, speaking about getting just real quick and getting the game controller is pretty cool because having the sticks or I'm sorry, the triggers the analog is important for something like F zero where I like to like sort of feather that to jet left and right a little bit.
Speaker 1: Speaking about link, Dan Riker, you quickly tested Tiers of the Kingdom on the switch too.
Speaker 5: Yes, just just very briefly, just kind of running around a little bit, and it's significant. It's nuts. Yeah, it runs so much there. It looks so much better. Like I'm going to play through Breath the Wild again on this thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's ever been a time where I've been so used to game running at like thirty frames per second or lower, and then so that when I finally played it, it's sixty frames per second and they're upscaling at the four K or whatever they're doing that it actually looks kind of weird, Like I'm actually a little bit weirded out by how good, how good it looks and how smooth it is. It's like, no, this is like too realistic. Now, Yeah, it's incredible the jump that that game gets.
Speaker 4: I'm really rise by it.
Speaker 6: Chat saying the Zelda Notes thing is cool too.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 6: Which app do one need for that? Because I'd love to try that?
Speaker 1: Is that the Nintendo app?
Speaker 2: The Nintendo app, which I actually have found to be pretty useful because after Twitter dropped or Twitter is going to charge these companies forty thousand dollars a month or whatever to have people upload videos, they took that out, so you can't just upload your stuff directly social media. So for a while on Switch you would have to do this thing where if you want your video from the switch to your phone, you have to take a picture of a QR code and direct and connect your phone directly to the Wi Fi of your switch.
Speaker 4: It was annoying.
Speaker 2: Now, anytime you take a screenshot or a video, you could just upload it automatically to the Switch app, or you can actually have all of them just auto automatically upload in the background to the Switch app and they'll be there for thirty for thirty days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really really cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, if I can manage to pick up a switch to in like the next two weeks. I'd be really interested to maybe try and circle back to Pokemon Scarlet Violet.
Speaker 3: That's I just future improvements all that last night. So I'm going to go back to that because like that was the first time we dropped first off a mainline Pokemon game, but second off a game largely because the performance and graphics to were so bad. Yeah, I'd love to see if I can get into it again.
Speaker 2: And there are a lot of games that Nintendo didn't say anything about that have been running better.
Speaker 4: Obviously.
Speaker 2: There's the ones that like Links Awakening, Wherey're like, there's some improvements, Oh yeah, and there are, and they didn't mention frame rate, but of course the frame rate just completely smoothed out. Look, it looks and runs great.
Speaker 3: A lot of people drop echos of wisdom and maybe go back. So I think, like, it's a ton of fun and now it's just running smoothly. I think it's worth going to.
Speaker 2: And there's just a huge handful of games that are like that, especially even ones that were like locked at thirty frames per second. They were probably also using you know, a dynamic resolution, and now they'll just max out at seven to twenty P, or some of them max out at ten ADP even on handheld mode, because they were like, oh well, sample ten eighty p will downscaled to seven to twenty P for that screen, so now they just run natively at ten adpre's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a huge list that.
Speaker 2: People are complying on compiling on a Google sheet somewhere, and it's just like dozens and dozens of games that run better.
Speaker 1: I might want to check out the Splatoon three DLC two then oh yeah, like the single stuff.
Speaker 4: There's a yeah, there's a rogue light motor or whatever in there.
Speaker 6: Chat says Cruise and Blast runs at sixty.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna play that. Yeah, I try that.
Speaker 3: God yeah boy. In general, I just I'm really happy with my Switch too. I like especially this modern era, like and other people like Switch pro right, and I'm like, but what what consoles now? Really like? I like that that little fall that kind of falls flat to me, Like, I get that. When we were having that conversation, we've got the Placition fives and the Xbox thirties Xcess. But yeah, obviously you know we're in a more's laws dead kind of world. Now, I think they maybe could have done some stuff, like you know, I get why you keep the UI this same, but it's like, eh, that's a big part of maybe why some people don't feel like this is as much of a new console leap as it could be. But that's sort of just aesthetics. At the end of the day, this is a huge upgrade as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: That's basically a switch pro because I just want them to focus on making the games the big new thing, and now this will force them to have to do that. They cannot rely on the excitement of oh, this is a new way of playing games, or here's some stupid new gimmick. This is like, no, it's that again. So if you want people to care, you've got to put out a new Mario that matters. You have to put out a new Zelda that matters, a new Metroid that matters. So yeah, that's that's where I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, fantastic. Well, I think it's now time to talk about the video games that we actually checked out Summer Game Fest.
Speaker 4: A couple of.
Speaker 1: Us, some of them that we can talk about. There's still a few, yeah, the ones that we can talk about at least. I think Lego Party is great. A couple of us played Lego Party.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 4: Like imagine Mario Party, but not like annoying. I mean, but you have to say it is. It does just take every yes, but it's not annoying.
Speaker 2: You didn't seem to think that when we did the Demon Slayer one, where you're like, this just doesn't have Mario and that just sucked.
Speaker 5: Lego Party doesn't have Mario in it, but like I have to do it. It's it is snappier, It moves a lot faster, like yeah, you know, one of the things people hate about Mario Party traditionally is just like it takes a long fucking time to go through every shop thing and everything, and like this one, everything just kind of moves really quickly. We played a full game, I think six six rounds. It said to expect forty five minutes. It felt like more like a half hour maybe or so. But the mini games were a lot of fun. They were all very simple. Does the exact same Mario Party thing where it takes you to the practice screen, everyone ready's up. It's like every Mario Party thing. It's you're getting studs and bricks instead of coins and stars. You know, you've got a banana man with a phone that makes monkeys attack you. I was great, instead of a boo, it's it's dice, but it's not Dice. It just shows the numbers kind of like, Yeah, that was.
Speaker 4: The one thing I wish they did borrow from Mario Party and actually dice. Yeah, you know, I don't know why we're not doing that, but sure. Yeah. No one's ever found a cube inside the Lego World.
Speaker 6: I guess it's a pressing luck.
Speaker 4: That's Nicky's joke, not mine, but yes, yeah, yeah, and the Nintendo copyrighted Dice.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right, right, right, that's why D and D had to make a twenty sided die.
Speaker 5: Uh huh right, just fun gimmicks where it's like you're climbing a volcano and the level we did and there's like a giant like turkey on a spit rose at the top and if you get to the top, it like launches it down and it falls on someone's head like mister Bean. And it feels either a bunch of studs or a full on brick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that happened to me, and it was, it was, it was, but it was fun. If it happened in Mario, I'd be upset. This was more fun. Why why what's the difference, Because it's like I think, I I I enjoy the or and maybe this will sort of wear off. Maybe it's just the honeymoon period, but I do think like the cuteness and the sort of like tweet Lego stuff, it's just it's just more forgiving. And I'm just not I don't know. There's something about the Mario stuff that bothers you, perhaps because it's you.
Speaker 1: It could be it could be a dance I was gonna say, but it also perhaps like Lego more than Mario.
Speaker 4: In its own way.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't like when you say Lego. You say Lego, right, yeah, yess shrewd and man, we have frushtick on the couch and I could have been we know what he would say.
Speaker 6: He's from the East Coast too.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, you're both wrong. It's fine. Yeah, so you know, yeah it could because of Dan. It could be like you said, you know, Mario party makes a freaking meal at every goddamn round in a way that sucks. It was terrible. Yeah, but this is great.
Speaker 1: An interesting thing about Lego Party is you can have an item that will send you backwards down the map the forwards.
Speaker 4: Which say you skip past the star or.
Speaker 1: The Golden Brick, and it's only a couple of spaces behind you. You could actually go backwards instead of forwards. So that's pretty good nice. I do want to say that we had not Vitelli Finelle helping us out do Lego Party before, but he had to go dip to an appointment and he was in the last place, so I took over. And then your boy got bricked up and got the Golden brick at the end.
Speaker 4: The Best Years. I saw him like an hour later and I here faintly someone being.
Speaker 3: Like Jeff, Jeff.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what, who's who's calling me? And it's it's Jason and it comes up to me, but he goes, who won? Did I win? Did I win? I said, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, Jane took over here. You want you share this, so you have to you have to cut that trophy in athonson.
Speaker 1: I will gladly share that trophy and yeah, uh, finally, what a great deal.
Speaker 4: Real quick.
Speaker 2: Everyone shut up. I'm buying Mine's Eye.
Speaker 4: I just I just did to what it is interesting.
Speaker 5: It's one I didn't realize it was out because like a few weeks ago, I got an email being like, hey, fill out this form if you want to get review code for Mind's Eye, and I was like, all right, I'm curious, and I fill without it never came.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we we have to do a quick look at that.
Speaker 2: Oh we're gonna we're gonna get in that.
Speaker 1: Let's do a spoiler cast for MINDSI Okay, sure, yeah, you're a giant bomb.
Speaker 4: So there. So they're just not sending it out to anyone after that.
Speaker 2: Now, it's not just that like half of the C suite left. They like were ghosting big appointments or big appearances they were supposed to be making over the weekend. Leslie Binsy's was supposed to be like going something and he didn't do it. Kind of people in the lurch.
Speaker 4: So we'll have to check.
Speaker 5: But it sounds like it was just delisted from Steam and then came back up at ten dollars more expensive.
Speaker 4: Wow, let's go shut the fuck up.
Speaker 6: Let's see what's going on with this fucking game.
Speaker 4: But I like io Interactive who was publishing this.
Speaker 2: I didn't they did not make that, but they are going to have to learn some lessons from this, I think, so well.
Speaker 4: So boy, well it's.
Speaker 2: The first time publishing something, I think, so yeah, it feels like it.
Speaker 1: I think it shows that no one is invincible, but Mikey may be invincible because he played Invincible Verses. Is that what they're calling it.
Speaker 3: Yes, Invincible Verses, Yep, that's that's the name. Yeah, it's to.
Speaker 4: Imply it's a three v three fighter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So I did check this out over at Microsoft's setup. Jason to SGGF. Yeah, three v three fighting games, so immediately makes me think Marvel versus Capcom three. You definitely have that flavor in there. But there's a little bit of Mortal Kombat here, specifically Mortal Kombat one, I think, because it is a very aerial game with the juggles, but also every character has dashes that can be like eight directional air dashes. Some characters like Adam you can just straight up enter a flying state. And then also very mortal common because it is a very bloody game and if you finish, you don't have fatalities per se, but if you finish a character for the super move or something else, you will you know, make their heads explode or rip their arms of that kind of stuff. Right, So it can be very gory and violent, But like those kind of capcom versus games, the pace is very fast, right, and a lot of big combos, and you know, because it's three v three, you can call in your characters as assists, so they come out do a move, but if you like do it during a combo, then they will just pick up the combo. You can kind of expend your combos a lot. There's even there's even in game meter to make sure you're not just comboing forever. But there also are things you can do defensively to try to stop the combo. You kind of counter the moment they bring in one of their partners with one of yours to stop it. There other things like that. So, yeah, I was having fun with it. I'm not like a giant invincible fan, right, you know, mikey a bit more sunshine and rainbows than Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was wondered, like the violence was it kind of like being like out of context. That stuff can be so in your face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little weird. It's weird because, like, I'm just so used to Mortal Kombat, but even Mortal Kombat won these days, I'm like, this stuff looks so realistic. I don't know if I don't know if it's joy from this anymore now. It is just kind of weird to me. Yes, but something about it being a bit more cartoon looking almost made it guess more palpable.
Speaker 1: They had the voice cast from the show for the game.
Speaker 4: JK.
Speaker 3: Simmons just straight up in that game, I couldn't play as omni man. I think they had invincible out of me. Then two people I didn't recognize it. You know, there's like a roster down there. A lot of it was blanked out. I was kind of curious because it's even like what the blanked out people, Like, is that going to be the full roster? Because if it's a three v three game, you kind of need a lot of characters.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of characters in that show that they could pull from, So I would imagine that's probably just an early glimpse cause they want to because it was it great out or was it blackedout so you couldn't even see.
Speaker 3: The character I remember, but I think, okaybe yeah, yeah, that's a good point. So probably can't judge anything there. But you know what I can't judge is was it fun?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Cool?
Speaker 3: It was fun.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this is Double Helix. This is the team that made Killer Instinct before Iron Galaxy took it over.
Speaker 1: Mike, I got a question for you, Dan, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Just real quick.
Speaker 5: I'm just seeing screenshots from Matt Piscatella and Daniel Dwyer. It looks like right now, the Steam page for Mind's Eye now has two options. One is by Mind's Eye for fifty nine to ninety nine ad to Kart. The other one the other on buy Mind's Eye for seventy nine nine Kart.
Speaker 4: It doesn't say like deluxe it's a good They both.
Speaker 5: Say exactly, by Mind's Eye, just do you want to give us twenty dollars more?
Speaker 4: That's a good deal? All right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, cool?
Speaker 2: Cool, it's gonna be like that that like I'm rich app on iPhone with you, Like, why'd you got to get the more expensive I don't know.
Speaker 4: What this is? Yeah, yep, it says okay.
Speaker 3: When I it does say by My's like deluxe edition for age it might have fixed it, but yeah, there's screenshots.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this seems to be going well.
Speaker 1: Good launch, good launch, right, Yeah, a good kickoff to Mind's Eye week. Huh yeah yeah Uh Mike, I was gonna ask since, uh, in my experience with the Marvel Versus games, I'm kind of just button mashing, right, I've never taken time to properly learn. People are semi concerned with that other Marvel Versus game coming up, and this from the system from the Art system Works having to learn four characters, Like, how essential is it to actually learn learn a character rather than like leaning on a maine and just having the assists.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's so hard because it kind of depends on who you're playing against. I will say, in this game, it's not like, you know, the quarter circle push a button for specials. There's three attack buttons. It was like X, Y and B and then A was the special but then kind of more like a smash first thing, and different directions makes you do different specials. Even doing the supers wasn't you know, like the do a double quarter circle a button thing. It was just push A and B together. So there are some things being simplified there that might make having to learn three characters easier. And some of it is universal too, right, Like every character has a simple COMBA, which is just smashing the X button, you know, eventually lead to using a level one super. There's also kind of like a standard combo of going to light attack, heavy attack, special attack this button. Right, So like Xyba kind of doing the tour around the face buttons too. So I think that this game is definitely aware of that. So there is some universal stuff that can at least get you started with each character.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Awesome, let's can set you down the Marvel adjacent trad and Mikey is you got to check out I'm kind of jelly Marvel Cosmic Invasion.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is the new Beat Them Up from Tribute Games by EMU. This is a team that brought us Didnt Ninja Turtle Shudders Revenge. There was another retro pixelated Beat Them Up. I liked that game a lot, so I was looking forward to this, and yeah, it's a lot of fun. I think if you liked that game, you're going to be into this. What's neat is, you know, look at the triller. I'm like, there's kind of the Marvel versus Capcom inspirations here. Yeah, and there's more of that than I thought, because you pick two characters and there's a tag system in this as well.
Speaker 4: Whoa, Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: You can like call in your your other character to you know, do a move, but you just swap to them whenever you want to.
Speaker 2: So that's cool because there's so many characters. I like this one, but I also want to play that one. That's neat that they give you the chance to do that.
Speaker 3: Right, you know, there's some of these games like that Power Rangers Beat them up where it you know, all the characters basically kind of feel the same. Yeah, but he could be radically different who you are. Like, some characters have access to certain tools like flying, like grabs, like range attacks that other characters don't, so you kind of do want to make them maybe a more balanced theme that can like you know, air juggle into a combo and extend it that way. So yeah, you know, and then on top of just the great pixel and everything, it was just a very fun time.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, when is that supposed to come out this year?
Speaker 3: I don't think too long from now.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, it felt like it should be pretty soon. I'm not exactly sure.
Speaker 3: Because they announced two new characters during SGF Rockett Ratoon and Shehawk, I didn't get to place them. I played as Captain America and Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Thank you New York Boys over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right. Really, stay still just as twenty twenty five right now, so no specific date.
Speaker 1: The art style with Marvel Cosmic Invasion looks really sharp, just as sharp as Shanobi Art of Vengeance.
Speaker 3: Ah, this is another one I played. This is probably my favorite game of the show. Really, it looked awesome.
Speaker 4: I played. I played a couple of minutes of it. I was watching Mike play though.
Speaker 3: It looked awesome, right, And so this is you know, Sega team with Lizard Cube who did Streets of Rage four, which is very similar, like, hey, let's bring back an old Sega franchise. It's gonna have just the coolest looking to the art you've seen, and this game looks even better just the characters and the backgrounds. It's absolutely gorgeous. And then it's just this really slick two D ninja action game that you know definitely has a lot from those old Shanoby games, but its own flavor as well. Like those ol Sceanoby games. They're practically kind of running guns. It's really about throwing the shrikens. And this one you still have those, but it's a bit more limited. When you get them, they're powerful, but you kind of want to use them at appropriate times. Every enemy has this stun gauge on top of just health, and when you get enemies in that stun gage, then you can push these buttons so you do an instant kill on them. And if you can even kind of put multiple enemies in that stun gage, so when you do the insta kill movie, you like zoom to each of them and take them out. You get more resources and things when you do that. It's not a Metroivinia, but every level is kind of like not Metroid Vinya. But you have the map, there's some bonus areas, there's some places you may not be able to access. Do you come back later with new power ups that kind of thing. The combat just feels very good, very slick. You're dodging, you know, a bit of dodge slop and I'm pro dodge slop absolutely right. So you know, just all these other tools with these other abilities you get like later in the demo. I had one that kind of was putting me in a counter state. So there's like this big like kind of like I don't know, police guard enemy that is basically behind a shield. So he does this really slow deliverate attack. It's like, okay, I'll use my water nipon or whatever thing there. It was just a good way to deal with most of his health. But yeah, you know, it's just exactly what I was hoping for. Very fun, exciting, beautiful two D Shanobi like that franchise on the Genesis. Glad to see it beat Hell Yeah, I played it.
Speaker 2: For a couple of minutes. They put me like in the arcade mode after Mike played, and I got like when I was watching them, like, does it play like Mark the Ninja? And then I've got my hands on It's like not quite. It's it's maybe a bit faster paced than that. And I just I just always felt like I was in complete control. And you're standing in front of an enemy. You can tell when they're about to attack, you can dodge roll on the other side of them. Then they complete their attack in the wrong direction.
Speaker 4: You hit them in the back.
Speaker 2: The guy's got a shield, so you just want to time that up and make sure that you're you know, get in there doing your attacks and that don't get too greedy. You know, everything's a little bit from Soft inspired these days, so you feel a little bit of that in that combat system.
Speaker 4: Not a ton, just a touch and I just thought, yeah, this.
Speaker 2: Is this feels amazing immediately, and then because of it being lizard Cube, it looks fantastic. It just everything you do looks so cool. So watching Mike play was awesome. Getting my hands on it and realizing it played as good as it looked was very encouraging.
Speaker 1: I'm interested to see how Shanoby and rage Bound will do against each other.
Speaker 2: I don't believe they're I think they're gonna both going to just kind of amplify one another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Raagebound was there. I didn't get the it was.
Speaker 4: I heard good things about it though. Tick.
Speaker 1: Something that was there that Jeff Grove you got to play is Directive eighty twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the new super Massive game. And I've got a little bit of a history of Supermassive. Not a ton, but this is their one where it's a sci fi game. You're on the moon, I believe. Yeah, you're I think you're on the moon. Maybe that was pragmata, you're doing some shit in space, doesn't matter, and it's It is still one of their narrative cinematic games, but every once in a while there's an action game component to it. And now you're running around and trying to avoid a giant monster, and it's got a scan tool so you can see where the monster is on the other side of the wall, so you can kind of avoid them. And I did bad and I didn't avoid him, and he attacked my guy, and I'm then I messed up the QTE scene because I was not not ready for it, and so I failed that, and the game just kept continuing as like, okay, you failed that, now and now that's what happened there. Now let's get back into the cinematics and the normal QTEs and the choices so that you can deal with the ramifications of what happened in that action scene. I thought that was really cool. I think that's a really good idea for this kind of game, something like some action scenes that can break up the pacing, but it doesn't break the idea of what these games are, where something happens and you have to live with the consequences. The cool thing about this one the guy sat down after I was finishing the demo and he was like giving someone else a demonstration. He ran over He's like, you got to see this before I let you go. And it's the decision map. The decision tree is fully accessible if you want it, so at any at any time when you're playing, you make a decision, you can rewind and look at the tree and be like, here's what you did, and you went up in this way. Now do you want to immediately go back and see what would happen if you did it the other way? And so you can fully sort of explore every possibility of the game on your first playthrough, if that's how you like to play. Now, they have a hardcore mode or whatever whatever they're gonna call it, where it's just going to play the way it traditionally does, where it doesn't tell you when you can rewind, it doesn't tell you what the decisions are. You just have to live with everything. So if that's if you want the purest experience.
Speaker 4: That is there.
Speaker 2: But I thought that was really cool because I know there's a lot of people who are are going to be like, oh my god, I messed that up, or I'll want to see what else could have happened there, and every moment you can do that. So yeah, it just seems like they have really thought through what their games are and have like taken the next step of making sure that people can explore that the way that they want. Yeah, and then I just I thought it looked pretty good of you know, they do that thing where they get the real actors and there's a lot of familiar faces, people whose names I don't necessarily know, but I've seen them, their character actors who have shown up in a million things, and they look as good as ever. The acting and the storytelling was really good, so I it won be over for sure. And I definitely liked the idea of having these action scenes break up the pacing. It seems like a really good idea for what super Massive was already doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool because I have always wanted, like, after finishing one of those games, to go back and make the alternative choice, but having to go through the whole rigamarole of all those decisions again, that's nice to be able to just like, all right, let me just quickly rewind and check it out. I believe the the main actress is LASHAWNA Lynch from uh Captain Marvel. That's dope, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what it was, Yes, exactly, yes, and then she's got like a mentor who I've seen in a million things as well, a bunch of just a bunch of other actors that are.
Speaker 4: Like very very very face familiar to me.
Speaker 1: You know whose face is very familiar to me, Greb Tony Hawk.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm a little jelly because you and Mikey got to check out the demo. I mean I could have just grabbed your Steam deck from you and tried it out.
Speaker 3: I had more than the demo.
Speaker 1: I actually, okay, Mike, we get it, your friend.
Speaker 3: I had. I had like an hour with the full game at Xbox Records some plays. Maybe we'll do something with that. But yeah, Jeff, maybe should talk about the demo first. That was foundry, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, so there's a demo if you pre order the game, which was a little confusing for a moment, like where is this demo? They said it'd be out today and I went look for I couldn't find at first, they're not It doesn't seem like they're putting it.
Speaker 4: On Switch at all.
Speaker 2: But if you pre order the game on other platforms, including Steam, the demo pops up in your library. I went to go find that. I downloaded it, and it's you could play as doom Guy. I think I maybe because I pre ordered the deluxe edition, you can play his doom guy, Tony Hawk or that very famous Brazilian lady skater who's very good. I can't remember her name, I'm sorry, and it was I played his doom guy, and of course, you know, you can pull out the chain when he's grinding and stuff like that, or the chainsaw, and he's got his other weapons, and it just looked pretty cool. But it's just foundry. There are no mission objectives you can complete. You're just sort of skating around. But it looks and plays great on the Steam deck, and uh, you know, I'm just I'm so ready for that game.
Speaker 4: But Mike, you've got to see a lot more. How are you feeling about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So, you know, I got to jump between all those levels from three and four. I think the best part is the new levels that they added are really good. Specifically, so you know, there's that water park and that's just such a great idea for level of this abandoned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what do you have for Jeff Bakalar, What.
Speaker 3: Do I have? Because the other one is a pinball level where you're inside a pinball machine. Come down, see a giant Tony Hawk playing it as you're running going through it.
Speaker 1: For audio listeners, Jeff's plunger is going insane right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that's not pinball. You can't be vertical. Just need you to know that it must be hard.
Speaker 6: It's like a diagonal slam.
Speaker 4: When I go to bed at night and I have the best kind of fantasy night dreams. He listen, Okay, it's that's how stories work. Listen. My my dream, my fantasy is to be a tiny little skater boy as a gigantic over the top Tony Hawk controls every waking moment of my life. The people behind the game heard that cry, and now I will be able to live that fantasy in real life. Thank you, Tony Hawk.
Speaker 5: I'm so glad to hear that the new levels are great, because you know I would be perfectly happy with just like give me three and four plays like even I'm not even that myffed by the like the fourth thing you know, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I almost wish i'd played four more recently so I can know how I felt about the two minute time around those levels. But you know, just playing it and I was like, yeah, this feels good. That's fine. I'm not Some people might miss that bigger Tony, but I don't. I don't think it's gonna bother my enjoyment.
Speaker 4: It's going to be fine, I promise.
Speaker 3: And all those twenty Hawks pro Skater three levels that I love, right Suburbs and Canada contrast the Bruise Ship. They all look so freaking airport. It all just looks awesome, and the game just plays so great. I got to place Michelangelo from the Turtles.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that was fun. He's got this great like this was a grinder, a manual. It was just spinning in his shell constantly. And then I gave that move, so I think Bam majeris so he was just spinning around on his skateboard too. These Gays are just super good, and these remakes seem just as high quality as one plus two did. And again, those new levels are so good. I'd be so happy if they do just get to make a new game with all new levels after this, I'd be really down for that.
Speaker 1: Is it just going to be Mikey as the turtle.
Speaker 4: Just Mikey, no other they only con was just the goofball.
Speaker 6: He doesn't take his job seriously.
Speaker 2: Uh huh yeah, the cartoon turtle that is just just not deserving of his job.
Speaker 5: According to Dan Donatello is a cartoon turtle, and he takes his job seriously.
Speaker 1: Mikey, you were taking your job seriously because I think you may have played the most games at SGF.
Speaker 3: Speed dot com soon everybody for some.
Speaker 2: Three I can't talk about. I think Mike's got a handful we can't talk about yet as well, Apple.
Speaker 1: I don't. I think Lego Party is the only time I touched the controller over the weekend. Uh, Mike, you also got the chance to check out Grounded two. Speaking about a little man inside a pinball, you were a little child inside.
Speaker 4: Where are they now?
Speaker 3: Where are they now? But yes, Grounded too. This is interesting for me because I actually never played ground In one. I didn't get around to it. I don't know how I feel generally about these survival games. It's sometimes I'm not sure why I'm so iffy about them because then I play them, like, oh, these are video games, these are fun, right, Yeah, It's just I don't know, I was having a good time with this. It's still very much has that Honey I shrunk the kids vibe, sure that you went to it. It's still early ninety setting even right, Even though I know there was a multiplayer focus here, the demo is just single player, and it was the beginning, But I think the beginning was very good and onboarding, giving you a bit of the plot stuff, teaching you the mechanics, but not in a slow or boring way. Like even just by the end of the demo, I felt like it had opened up a good amount, and you know, I was like, Okay, I'm already having a crafting table, and I'm already kind of like, you know, going around and getting resources, getting this omni tool which can be upgraded to do all sorts of things like chopping down big grass stalks so you get materials that way, crafting a spear so I can fight all the ants.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: The thing here is that you're in a park instead of a backyard now, so it would be a little bit more variant than what you're seeing in that big area. I also got to mount an ant and I guess that's a new feature in this one, not like that Jan. So I got to ride around the ant and that was fun because I could then like.
Speaker 1: I thought you said, and I was like, what kind of game A step on?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: It was fun doing that because you can carry all sorts of extra stuff and attack and you know, just kind of felt like you were a mega version of yourself when you're on the ant. I did. We had a we had a group interview with the the director, executive producer and uh, you know, there's a it was a it was a pretty uh you know, BAA Valentine was there, Steve Tatilla was there asking these important questions and it was my turn. I was like, now the sequel to Honey, I shrunk the kids. They just made everything they got a big thing instead of small thing? Did you not explore that for the sequel? And to tell it was like, Mike, that is an excellent question. But yeah, I had a good time with that. I think I would really enjoy playing that, even alone or with friends. So I'm going to be excited to check out that full release.
Speaker 1: We should check out Ground did two. When that comes out, I think you should really commit to that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, the baby and honey it blew up. The kid grabbed the hard rock guitar from the casino and playet and my brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, of course it made guitar sounds. Why wouldn't make guitar sounds to shoot guitar?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, you're right, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Sonic Racing Cross Worlds Grub Mike, you two got to check this out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I So I've been playing a lot of Mario Kart and then I played this, and this game felt much faster. I think this is a big thing that I noticed. They also are really really emphasize customizing your cart to kind of an insane degree, where there is one system of parts for your carts where it's like you can customize it that way, and then there's another like badge system where you can basically change how your cart behaves on a fundamental level. Where I set it up so here, if I run into somebody, I get a little bit of a boost, and that was one badge I attached. I could attach something completely different, so it's like it worked completely so that like offensive weapons were more powerful or something like that. And I, I mean, it's cool, but it felt a bit overwhelming for a cart racer. But I mean that these games do tend to have long lives, so at the same time, you're gonna be playing it for five, six, seven years, maybe you want something that deep to keep it interesting. I didn't really even like having the car or choosing my cart parts in Mario Kart eight Deluxe, so I'm not sure if I want something that's even deeper than that that it matters even more. But at the very least, it does create the opportunity to play the game how you want. And I was playing it so when I would run into enemies, I would get a little bit of boost, and that's like, Okay, that's just how I'm gonna play this game now. And it was neat from that perspective. And then the Crossworld's element of going through these teleports teleport like portals, going on the other side, seeing what's gonna be on the other side, it was neat to like see a little bit of a preview, like they there's a little bit of a shimmer on the portal, so you could see what's gonna happen. You're like, oh, I think I'm gonna go over here and see the the you know, the ship or whatever, and you go through and it's seamless and it looks really cool, and I don't know, it felt really good to me.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Like, Yeah, that's like the gimmick with the portals is you know, you have a racetrack and maybe it's here in the jungle, but for every track, lap two is going to be going through one of these portals, and then it's kind of a different roster of tracks that you do for that one lap.
Speaker 4: It's it's a it's its own set of like roster for the portal lap, right, is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: Right, So then you do that lap, then you're back into the normal track for us, I think for that final laps, and whoever's in first gets a kind of pick between either a portal you can clearly see or a mystery one, so like you get some agency if you're in first place. That's kind of fun. Yeah, I thought the racing felt really good. I like, I get just a little bit annoyed with this game because it's not Sonic Racing transformed, where it's kind of like all this Sega stuff, and it makes it's mostly sonic, and we know there's some guest characters coming they announced like Joker and each Bond whatnot. So that's cool, come on, Mike and all this Minecraft. But like you know, Racing Transformed had an after burner level. You're on these aircraft carriers and it was so cool.
Speaker 2: And this's goint like a generic like battleship carrier level, right, yeah, it's yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: It's like, we're so close here, why didn't we just do that? There'shing that like that.
Speaker 2: The Crossworld suggests that to me, where it's like we're Crossworld, You're going to bring all these things together.
Speaker 4: What's the point of that?
Speaker 3: The things that was a cool, but it's like, here's generic dinosaur place or you know, there's a My favorite level was in a museum, like a Natchroister museum. That's great. Tega just published two point museum, right, Like there's some opportunity there. They just have it be that thing. So like that frustrates me and confuses me a bit. But the game itself is definitely fun. It does a good job of being like Mario Kart but definitely having its own flavor. It feeling a bit different having fun with the Sonic stuff. But even that, it's like like every character from Sonic Riders is in here, and I'm like, oh, we're having all these people and I can't, you know, play as uh Joe the or the Altered Beast. Yeah, yeah, give me altered. There's an Echo. You know, we got the fucking Dolphin and Mario Kart. Now just get me Echo floating over a car?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What or what? Would you be satisfied?
Speaker 1: Like a fish tank on wheels?
Speaker 4: Yes, that would be better.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, it was just Echo and a fish pool with wheels would be the greatest thing.
Speaker 4: A little sad?
Speaker 2: Well, would that have a soul? That would count as having a soul?
Speaker 3: Echo definitely has a soul. It might be the only video game character with the soul.
Speaker 1: That's fair, you know what, I could see it where I could see it. All Right, a couple more games before we hit to our first break of the show, and then we'll get to news. I think I'm most curious about this game, and Mike, you played it.
Speaker 4: This is a pac Man game kind of Shadow Labyrinth.
Speaker 3: Yes, Shadow Labyrinth is the edgy pac Man metroid Vagina yeah, I was. I was kind of excited about this. It's sort of based on that. Well that Next Level did an episode sort of based on this, really realized it was in development of the next level, Secret Level, Secret Level, I think Secret Level.
Speaker 1: The one with the Concord episode. Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's like you're this kind of guy with a sore, but pac Man is sort of always there and he like, you know, he'll help you by when you defeat an enemy that you try pellets and pac Man will eat them up. But also if you defeat anellomy, he push right buttons. There's this kind of monster version of pac Man that will then like grab the corpse and devour it.
Speaker 4: It's about time pac Man killed somebody.
Speaker 3: And finally killed somebody right as the dude, you have a sword and you have this grapple, so there's a lot of platforming around the grapple. I got to this segment that reminded me a lot of Prince of Persia Lost Crown, where it was just this very intense platforming section. It's optional, you got a cool reward if you're able to do it, and I love that stuff. There's these other different platform sections where you get to these walls and suddenly you kind of turn into pac Man. He's kind of, you know, going to waca, waca waca. It's not really amaze per se, but he's sort of moving on his owne unless you pushed up break button. You're kind of jumping between different platforms doing a different thing there. But it's also a bit more of like other Namco stuff like at Won't Point, I found an enemy from dig Doug to attack him, shot the grapple hook at him, but then I kept pushing it and him you pumped. Yeah, just like dig Dog. Right. You can also kind of enter this like rage mode where you do turn into the monster pac Man for a little bit. So and now you're just like really wailing on enemies stuff like that. So yeah, it's just it's just feeling like a good metro Vania with all this weird dark pac Man stuff, and that's cool over to have there.
Speaker 4: That's what I want. All these years they've been like how do we how do we expand on pac Man? What do we do? We put them in like a bigger screen with more idiots like no murder Murder.
Speaker 3: I felt so bad for the people giving the demo to me because I couldn't stop making terrible jokes like oh, I don't believe, like, is this gonna be missus pac Man. There's like a guy in a lap coat who like looks sexy him, Like is this sexy? Professor pac Man? Like, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, are you insufferable? Is that who you are?
Speaker 3: And I kept talking. I was like, I'm pretty good at Metroy Vanyas and I would do something like right, see see how good I am.
Speaker 4: Listen, this is an open letter to all of games PR. Yeah, we're sorry. I need to see Mike's dossier. I need to see exactly he's the games media.
Speaker 1: What do you expect?
Speaker 4: Something tells me those words are not written on the dossier.
Speaker 3: Character may still actually be Professor Bachman or something.
Speaker 4: I gotta see what I mean. Obviously we know what certain words are guaranteed to be there. Yes, but I want to get into the real needing. No, I wasn't thinking Apple, but we'll get there.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's okay, it's okay, I accept you. Don't worry.
Speaker 4: Of course we accept them. I just you know, I want to see that.
Speaker 3: People have to be nice to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no talking about.
Speaker 2: PR pry you can tell. I can always tell when they're just like like Disney.
Speaker 3: World too, because they also kind of.
Speaker 2: You really didn't like that Dick's Last.
Speaker 4: Resort, So I love Dick's Last Resort.
Speaker 3: Big personality there, that's like the difference.
Speaker 1: All Right, we've chatted about Mikey going vertical and Grub is going to arise from his grave because he played Luminous Arise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have not had much time with Luminus before, and as we were like talking about it, I'm gonna go check this out. And Dan had to go talk to Kojima about the grub or whatever. Very important stuff to do. Grub very important. He actually gave me a quick like crash course. He's like, you know, just wait for the line that's when it's gonna come down. Just make sure you get the thing in place before them. Okay, that makes sense. And then Mark McDonald was there and he gave me a few more pointers and they forced you to go through the tutorial for the thing. So now I understand Luminazu. There are like several level levels more of the strategy of how to actually place these blocks that that I'm like figuring out as I'm playing. But I got to see what this game is, which is Tetris Effect for Luminis, which really good idea. So you know, you're you're going through these sessions and just like Tetris effect, where it's going to change its visual aesthetic and audio aesthetic every couple of rounds before like an overall our over arching round ends, and every single time it changed, it was to the coolest shit I've ever seen. There's a one point where it's like these mechanical hands that had these wires attached to them that were like controlling the luminous blocks and it just looks so shit hot. I was really into it. It sounded incredible. I'm like, oh, I'm a luminous guy now. And now they've also introduced a I believe this is new and the kind of the feature from Tetris effect where you could slow down time and try to get a massive combo. Yes, so now you slow down time and then one of the two colors, because Luminas has two colors that you can that you're trying to match up, one of the two colors will be chosen as the thing that you try to get as much of a combo in and it's like if you can make the a big square block of this color solid, you can get like a big forty five point combo or something like that. Mark play and he got something like a fifty point combo. It was really really impressive, Beckler, and you were watching it, what'd you think.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Yeah, there's there's such an incredible like design language going on with this thing too. I mean it does definitely helps sitting two feet in front of a seventy five in screen to see what's going on. But I was taking all that in, Uh, not that I was stoned or anything. I was just sort of like, I'd like to be stoned right now. Yeah, I'd like to really be under the it is yep, thank you. Yeah, what an amazing sort of visual presentation and a lot of little things that I was able to kind of really pay attention to with you playing. And then Frushnick was there with us too, and he played for a little bit, and you know, the attention to detail there, you know, I feel like and Mark was talking about it too, where it's like, oh, like, why shouldn't these kinds of games get the big console treatment? Right like? And when you see this thing and you really examine what's going on. You're like, oh my god, there's just so much to explore here, not just with the music, which is really impressive stuff. Yeah, but each level's design and what's going on in the background and the kind of esthetic choices they make for what each of the binary shapes are or if themes are in on the Luminis board. Man, I was really impressed with this game and again that.
Speaker 5: Sense in the world to give it the Tetris effect for you, because it's like that is kind of how Luminous worked back in the day on PSP. It's just like shifting visuals and things like that, and that's kind of what tetri Resuffect did, So yeah, make it official, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's like I'm like, I was like people mentioned that in chat and I kind of remember seeing Luminus before, but it's like they are very much going for very different looking visuals that are more in line with Tetris effects, so it's like even more of luminas. So yeah, I was just super into it. I love, love, love Tetris effect. So them kind of being like we're just going to take a few things from that and kind of have luminous meat tetris effect there really made it work for me. So I'm into this and I'm ready to play a bunch bunch more.
Speaker 1: Beckler, what genre of music did you call it again? That is in luminous.
Speaker 4: What did I say?
Speaker 1: I think you said edging music.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's yeah, there is a lot of edging there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It also does the thing where it was it's like subtle because and I don't think this is in luminous or luminius remastered, where the playfield is sort of like shifting back and forth depending on the intensity of how you're playing. So it's like, as you were really getting into it and you start to like lean forward because it's really starting to go, the playfield.
Speaker 4: Like moves close to the screen.
Speaker 2: It takes up more of the field of view as well, and so the pieces are like getting bigger and you don't even realize it's happening unless you're watching someone else play. But it just makes you feel more attached to what's going on and makes it feel more alive and more vibrant.
Speaker 4: Uh. Yeah, it just it clicked in every way for me.
Speaker 5: It's gonna that could be a fun like score competition thing between us like, do you like yellus on Luminous And because I was obsessed with.
Speaker 2: I would like to try to get good at that game for sure, And they said they're like really looking forward to like making sure they have the green check mark on Steam for Steam Decks. They were like, hey, this is a handheld game, we recognize that, so we're going to go for that here as well.
Speaker 1: I remember crying playing the original Luminous, not because it made me emotional, but because it made my eyes hurt.
Speaker 4: Oh because you didn't blink? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah sure.
Speaker 1: Our last game on the list before we go to Bricky Break is mixtape Jeff Grubb Jeff Nacklar YouTube.
Speaker 4: Holy shit, sat down and check this out. You played quite a bit of this.
Speaker 2: I played some. We were sitting next to each other and watching this thing. Boy, this thing really really worked for me.
Speaker 4: What do you think? Uh? Yeah, I mean I think there's definitely more to understand and unpack with the actual moment to moment like playing of the game.
Speaker 2: It seems like it's vignettes, right, So this is from the people who made the Artful Escape. Is that the name of that game?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: And I didn't play that game. But what I remembered hearing about it was it's got a really strong style and it's really cool to kind of watch being played, but you don't necessarily need to play it yourself. And this one is I don't know, I was really enjoying playing it, even though it also has a very strong style. So it's got the animation on the twos inspired by into the Spider Verse for sure, And you're playing as these teenage characters as this one girl is about to go off to college or something like that, and she's like narrating the story to the camera. Other characters can still hear it, and she's like, this could be our last night together and they but she's talking to the camera, but the other characters can still hear it, and they'll do these moments where they explain something and then it'll cut to a lot of actual documentary footage of them explaining it and a narrator, another narrator will take over and really make it feel I don't know, it just pops off the screen. It's very very cool. And then there's these gameplay sections that are these vignettes of like, Okay, you're running from the cops. At the end of this party and you're in a grocery cart and you're just going to go on this high speed chase where these cop cards are chasing you.
Speaker 4: You're in the grocery.
Speaker 2: Cart and it's sort of out of your but you can like spin it and try to make it straight, keep it straight to make it go like right down the street by using the left and right bumpers to sort of make the go arrow straight down the street. And then you can also turn it left and right with a stick. And it's like there's just enough here where I'm really into the way that this plays as an action game even though it's just supposed to look cool. So it's doing both things really well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great music, It is very much getting definitely getting freaks and geeks vibes from it a little bit, And you know, I think like presentationally speaking, it sort of feels so fresh and unmatched in that the way it kind of tells this story and forces you to interact with it, even if it's not quote unquote gameplay. There's plenty of moments. You know, there's one part where you're driving around in a car and you're just sort of meant to like have your have all the passengers in the car headbang together with a song by hitting a button, and it's just looks so good you cannot not smile. You watch this thing and you just instantly smile because you know, I was telling something, what are you at the end there, I was like, this game is speaking to me in a way that like nothing has really captured for me.
Speaker 2: It's very a very familiar thing above, like reminding me of my youth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I walked on YouTube there was an X ray kissing scene happening that was it was very it was a very extended X ray kissing.
Speaker 4: Well not x ray, but like certainly the mouth, yeah, something else. It was incredible, And each analog stick controlled the left and right tongues, and you know, like, I mean, how can you not just burst out laughing right away? Like just really really smart stuff. Even that opening presentation there's some like you know, they they edit in some some regular video from you know, like stock footage from things, and just just feels really smart and fresh and clever, and I, yeah, I'm really impressed with what we got to see. Beethoven and dinosaurs. The developer and mister Galvatron was there on hand.
Speaker 1: Really really cool dudes on the couch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was glad to be able to talk to them and maybe want to play the game even more.
Speaker 4: And then the game just just really hit hard.
Speaker 2: I just yeah, like Beckler said, it was just always fun. And the soundtrack isn't just like you know, oh good music like they are. The game is about a girl who wants to be a music supervisor. She wants to go on to be the work on, like I'm gonna select the songs and make mixtapes for TV shows and movies and stuff like that. And so they had this really awesome licensed soundtrack Smashing Pumpkins, and was a silverchair.
Speaker 4: And Silverchair's in there. Yep, Divo I think was in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of Devo actually, yes, And it just really was very inspiring.
Speaker 4: Actually, I was into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even as someone that was just observing over y'all shoulders, I was like, this is something special. And if like I'd had the added benefit of being able to listen to everything going on, I think it seems already like it really shines. So excited for mixed tape and I'm excited to take a quick breaking break and then we'll talk about all the news right after this, before we get to Jeff Grubb with a news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, breaking news from Jeff Baklar.
Speaker 1: Jeff Backlar, you got something you want to you want to talk about.
Speaker 4: I do. Thank you. Jan. Well, as if there weren't enough massive announcements, Bradley Bradley, I have to tell you all that once again, Brad Shoemaker is leaving Giant Bomb. No, I've been a bit of a sneaky boy, and in the last uh, in the last few weeks, I know, we've had a ton of announcements, but I've got something else that I would like to share with this group, with this audience, With even my coworkers here they know a little bit, my co owners.
Speaker 1: I've been because people are freaking out.
Speaker 4: Oh no, this is good. This is called edging. I'm an edging expert. I've been up to something outside of Giant Bomb for over a year now. I've been working with a incredibly talented team of artists and writers and letterers and colors on a webcomic that is based on a story that I created a while back, and it's finally almost ready for primetime. It's very cool stuff. It's it's it's like a sci fi thriller. It explores paranoia and nostalgia for a little bit of a time when when we used to respect the computer, you know, when we used to put it on a pedestal. Yeah. So the comic is called What Lies Below the Lilies, and you can go to Belowthelilies dot com right now. And what I'd love for everyone to do, if you would like to, is go check out the website and sign up, because that is going to give you updates about the release for this comic. Is there any nudity, Not yet, but I can always add that in. Okay, yes, then I'll sign up. Okay, cool, Well, thank you for signing.
Speaker 1: You have vertical panels at some of these.
Speaker 4: Well, it's all vertical panels vertical, So I put a link in though it's Lily's with one L. Apparently that's something we maybe did not account for right away, but I will link it everywhere. I've linked it in the chat. The website's amazing. It's like a it's like a GeoCities throwback website. Our publisher has done such an amazing job putting this together. Make sure you click and poke around in there because there's a ton.
Speaker 5: Of Easter eggs, and there's a lot of stuff that isn't working. I'm trying to play games on this thing. How do I play games?
Speaker 4: Okay, this is not the technical support part. Let's just say maybe some things unlock as we get closer to the launch of this comic. Here's here's something else that I'm that is not going to want to donut book. There are things I can't talk about just yet. You'll have to go and play around on the site. Please sign up if you'd like to, and then what you'll start to do is get one email a week that will also give you more clues about the comic and the and when it's gonna actually release. It will be out very soon. But if you register on the on the site below thelilies dot com between now and Friday the June twentieth, you'll be automatically entered into a contest where we will if you would like, we will put your face your likeness somewhere in the comic book. So if you want to, like, put Mike manat If you're Mike Manatti and you win the contest, we will put Mike Manatti in the comic book wearing McKey mouse. Come on, Actually, we can't do Mickey mouse ears. It'll have to be like legally distinct ears.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you are having trouble going to below the Lilies dot com, do HTTPS, because it's a yes, it'll give you.
Speaker 4: It will break if if you don't have the privacy before.
Speaker 5: Thank you for saying that it's a backler is trying to take my credit card info.
Speaker 4: So there, it's secure. The site is secure. It's a secure site. I'll let them know that that's creating an issue here though. I did put links in chat and we'll uh, we'll help people out finding it if they can't. Like I said June twentieth, you have until then for the for the contest. If you want to, I will put if you don't want to be able to pull like your dog or something in whatever you want me, we'll put your dog or your Mike Manatti in it. So again, thank you everyone for for all the support. I know it's been a wild couple of months here. This is something I've been working on for a very long time, very passionate about. It's super dope, very cool. Uh yeah, So thank you everyone and go check it out.
Speaker 1: Congrats Jeff, very proud of you, big dog.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys. Very cool. It's a very very cool.
Speaker 1: Set speaking about leaking sensitive details. I think I remember this. This was maybe our last night at the Warframe villa. The front door is locked, and Dan was the only one that knew the code to the door off the top of his.
Speaker 4: Head, like this was all jan keep I'm sorry, keep going. Even I knew not to do this.
Speaker 1: And then we asked, hey, Dan, Dan is maybe like a he's not even out the front gate.
Speaker 4: Am I not?
Speaker 1: You could have you're out your Yeah, you could have turned around, walked back to the front door to tell Chuck and I the code, and then you proceed to keep walking away and yell progressively louder.
Speaker 4: In this neighborhood we did.
Speaker 2: There were there were people by, there were like neighbors and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 6: There were no shady characters in that neighborhood.
Speaker 4: No, I think.
Speaker 2: We've proven that.
Speaker 4: I just the fumes out of my face. I just it was like, Dad, stop it. But no. But we were all just like whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa buddy? Whoa whoa? You said eight? I think you got eighty.
Speaker 5: Yelled at me from a distance I don't know how you expected me to get my numbers back to you without a certain.
Speaker 3: You would actually just come and open the door passes.
Speaker 6: Like, Dan, come here. This is on you the blood.
Speaker 2: To be fair, Dan did add also all the to the airbnb, so we all could all could have learned this number, so you know a little.
Speaker 4: Bit of the first thing you could have did, right, was just at everyone in our discord. Hey, here's the coach of the house. Bam done, I did.
Speaker 5: You're you're all on the thing, and I screenshot of it and I pinned it to the SGF channel and the discord.
Speaker 4: Look, we're all in agreement. Dan's the worst communicator, right, we all know this to be true. Terrible, terrible he for you men when you you min max that part of it. When someone robbed the.
Speaker 2: House, you could have just told her to say I have a receipt for the house, and then it.
Speaker 4: Would all just sorted itself out. An officer, this is a receipt for an Airbnb. Unbelievable stuff.
Speaker 1: I think night one, I was just hanging out outside and then a guy comes up to me. He's like, are you shoot anyone?
Speaker 4: Run out your brother?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: And then he seemed on something as well. But anyway, Jeff U the news, Yeah, I got some news.
Speaker 2: We'll kind of recap some Summer Game Fest stuff, some things from the past week. But I also think maybe later this week we should sit down and catch up on some trailers.
Speaker 4: I would love trailer park. Let's just yeah, a trailer park. There we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, Summer Game Fest happened. Resident Evil Requiem was announced. The the q's and nine You see, so it's are nine in that requiem. They told us they wouldn't do this, and then they did do it.
Speaker 4: It was a pretty big surprise.
Speaker 2: It's coming out February twenty seventh for PlayStation five, Windows, Xbox Series X. It is going to send players back to Raccoon City in some form, even though the parts of that were exploded. I am very curious about this. I thought that trailer was really cool. It starts off in an FBI headquarters with a lady named Grace, and then she starts remembering some bad stuff that looks like a Resident Evil and then it turned out to be a Resident Evil Requiem. What'd you all think of this one?
Speaker 4: I like to lead up to it for sure. Yeah, got worked. Yeah, it worked. I don't know if the working was necessary. I love it, like it's fine. In the blink of an eye, it'll be announced. Sure, I mean it's cool. I guess it's I'm I'm maybe indifferent about it. It kind of hurt, Sure it didn't. It didn't hurt, you know. I honestly if if if I had a trailer that sat in between those bookends and be like, well, kind of fucking tungeons off my ship, you know, not, Everyone's like either you're either bummed out that Ari nine wasn't announced or you're like waiting, maybe ari is going to be announced, right, yeah, that kind of thing. But uh but yeah, obviously Horror is the only we've we've talked about this before we left. I only give a shit about Horror. Now that's my new arc, and I'm obviously very well served with this. I think it looks offs.
Speaker 5: I love that we don't even know the uh you know, like there are big questions with Resident Evil and Lore and as goofy as Resident Evil law is.
Speaker 6: I do like it, and I like knowing each one. Okay, are we gonna work in?
Speaker 2: I'm expecting a lot more. I'm expecting other characters to show up. I'm expecting the like the little coal that they showed which kind of looked like maybe in an insane asylum or a hospital. I'm expecting there to be way more than that. So yeah, they have a lot more they could show. This game between now in February.
Speaker 6: Has like that tracking city again.
Speaker 5: Like as much as they love you know seven in Village, it's like this kind of feels like it's bringing it back, you know home a bit.
Speaker 6: So very excited.
Speaker 1: Have they worked in Outbreak stuff before, because like I saw people saying that this is pulling from some like Ari Outbreak Laura.
Speaker 3: Break has a character named Alyssa Ashcroft, right, so, and that character was referenced to resid Evil seven at some point. So yeah, this this new character was great late somehow. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 2: Project Century is now Stranger than Heaven. Rio gat Kotoku Studio has announced its next game, like officially. They tease this before. I don't I don't think they gave a date or anything, but this is the one that's like set in the nineteen forties.
Speaker 4: They tease this at the Game Awards first, right.
Speaker 2: That's right, yes, and that's when it was Project Century. It looks like a lot of their games, except for it does look like a significant leap forward in terms of tech and like assets, like it just looks like a lot of new stuff. And then the way that the characters move around the world looked better than ever, and just they the way they animated everything just looked really, really amazing. So I'm rgg is you know now becoming one of my favorite studios. This looks like another one that could put them over the top. Scott Pilgrim ex which I don't think it was like any of our thing, but I've heard from multiple people who are in the show. Okay, you're into it. I love I love Scott Pilgrim. I will say that I liked the movie when I watched it, and then I didn't think about it much after that. I don't I never really liked that that beat them up, But this one got apparently a huge reaction from the crowd, and that was in the room with it. So people are into this thing. It's coming out in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: It's Tribute Games also though, so like it'll be good.
Speaker 4: Yes, yep, this one will be like Tribute what else the Tribute do?
Speaker 3: That's the Turtles guys, and the ones doing Marvel Cosmic Invasion. Oh cool, also making this right now.
Speaker 2: Mina the Hollower got a release date. It's gonna be out October thirty. First Yacht Club Games just took the stage. Celia was up there talking about it and they showed off a new trailer. But they also released a demo. Yeah, available on Steam now, I think although I tried to find it anything, No, it's there now yep. Okay, I tried to add it, but it's like you already have this in your library now. I have a demo from like twenty twenty two that they like was a very early prototype apparently they of course they've done a ton of work since then to turn it into a real game, and looking forward to trying that out.
Speaker 6: You can remove things from your library like on that.
Speaker 4: That's what I'll do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I just downloaded the demo.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Lego Voyagers from an a Perna Interactive. This is a two player co op adventure that seems to build on that Lego game that they've released a few years ago. You play us little lego pieces in a world that looks very realistic because legos are relatively easy to render, and you know its ray trace scene and she just looks really really beautiful. Capcom show it off. Capcom was kind of the big publisher at this show. They also showed off a decent look at Annie Musha Way of the Sword, which is coming out next year.
Speaker 4: I'd never played much Honi Musha.
Speaker 2: This got me to a point where it's like, i should go back and play some of those games because I'm very into what they showed for this new one.
Speaker 4: Let's see here. And then the big winner of the show felt.
Speaker 3: That Boxing Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: A muppet inspired boxing game made an unreal engine five that had I forget what Kie said, but like a Muppet to graphics pipeline or something like that to make it look super realistic. And they just look like straight up, straight up puppets, but apparently it's all rendered. It has like a It also has like a vignette vibe to it a Warrior where vibe to it a little bit where there's a bunch.
Speaker 5: Of mini games plunging and stuff and it was made for me.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then there's some punch out stuff to it. It looks incredible. It was definitely my favorite game of the show by a long shot.
Speaker 4: And It's cool because even if they have to kill some muppets in the in the process of Megan this is it's like, all right, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's what's a few more dead muppets?
Speaker 4: Not a big deal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, hit man, it's getting Casino Royale Les Cheffrey Leshiffra.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's the Chief and then you sort of stumble into the Chief.
Speaker 4: Obviously.
Speaker 2: I always making that James Bond game, which that James Bond Game showed.
Speaker 4: Up was that at the State of Play.
Speaker 5: They did their own thing too that I saw the clips. It seems like it didn't go great.
Speaker 4: It was sounded like it sounded like a hot mess. What happened?
Speaker 5: Uh, mid Max put a clip of Hanson and Leo watching it, and it is like a montage of technical mishaf I did a panel thing like they did their own presentation thing.
Speaker 2: Either way, they're making that James Bond game, so apparently they're bringing uh, this Casino Royale mission into the game to kind of celebrate that, and they're reworking what was it, Paris one of the stages.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Paris Is. Yeah, that's we didn't.
Speaker 3: Talk about the minds I collaboration with hit Man. It's Mine's Eye week.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's Mine's. That was going to be the big come home moment here, Mike, Yeah, you ruined it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Then I have a list of other games which I don't know if you guys could see if there's anything worth calling now, I back our Atomic Heart too. I know that spoke to you. Were you into what you saw? For that? That game is speaking to me. It's always been speaking to me. It's been speaking to you for a long time. And now that you've got to admit what the voices in your head are, I see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and more more importantly, that I'm justified I have impeccable taste apparently because they're really they're making another one of these. There's no one on Earth who have this on their Bengo card. There's no on Earth who's like, oh this this is going to get a sequel? And it's right, Like, am I crazy?
Speaker 2: I definitely wasn't expecting it, although this this show had a lot of unexpected sequels like Mortal Shell to and Code Vein two, and yeah, there's some others.
Speaker 4: I think, you know. I look, I'll be the first to admit, like I bounced off that game because it kind of it kind of blows up and expands in a way that just didn't feel like I wanted to follow the path that had carved out before me.
Speaker 2: Is there hope that, like the second one that could really pull it all together?
Speaker 4: I mean, that's what everything, That's what I'm hoping about everything, is that the second one is just like a better way to do it than the first one did. So I'm cautiously optimistic there. But that world in itself is like very unique. Yes, it is very much a bioshot kind of thing, but also it does its own thing in a way that I find super satisfying. So yeah, I am very pleasantly surprised about this for sure.
Speaker 2: There was also Mafia, the Old Country Lives of p Overture. Anyone stopped me if you want to talk.
Speaker 4: About it anything.
Speaker 3: That's a big one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was another big one for our Spooky Boy Back Alert. But I think we were all into.
Speaker 3: What we saw from that pretty I think I think writers everywhere are company realization that with a Sansara font, it just looks like we're writing the Roman numeral three. We talked about this.
Speaker 2: Game, but I just had to make it lowercase ide to make sure everyone knew what that was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looked it looked pretty sharp.
Speaker 4: I agree it was.
Speaker 2: That one was like a bunch of like scary almost zombie looking things, but there was more to them than that. And then like there was a giant gray, scary baby in a hallway.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was.
Speaker 2: That was pretty impressive stuff. Sonic Racing cross Roads is coming out September twenty fifth. Nicktoons and The Dice of Destiny. I think that was like an action RPG starting a bunch of like SpongeBob characters and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like all sorts of Nickelodeon stuff, as it was Timmy Turner narrating at whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm into SpongeBob these days because of the kids, so I'll check it out. End of Abyss is in action RPG as well.
Speaker 4: Though. It kind of looked like a dual stick shooter. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, that one looked cool. It looked very cool.
Speaker 2: I always like a top down shooter where the character has a laser sight and you can kind of just see where the laser's pointing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that just triggers something in me every.
Speaker 2: Time Wu Tang rise at the Deceiver, another another action RPG. You know, I talked to the Brass Lions people who have been making this for a long time about it on the couch and they said, just Blaze made a bunch of stems and like really worked on incorporating the music and how it's going to respond to the action and things like that.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yes, that sounds like the exact right way to do this.
Speaker 5: Displays also did the NBA Street Volume two soundtrack, so uh huh, yes.
Speaker 2: There's yes exactly, and so I'm like, I'm very excited about this.
Speaker 4: And then they showed it. It looks very cool.
Speaker 2: They didn't show a ton of gameplay, but there was definitely a little a little hint of it, and they promised more soon, so we'll probably see exactly what's going on in this game at some point before the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Out of words, I don't even I don't remember this.
Speaker 3: This was the two player side scoring co op game that kind of kind of looks like like a co op limbo. But obviously you know where you know, there's it's it takes two two D also kind of right, it was Clay adjacent, Right, it was Clay adjacent sorry.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, and then let's see here infitesimals. This is another little Dude, big world. But I think you play as a grasshopper in like a power suit grasshopper.
Speaker 3: It was giving me I don't know, yeah, but but it was giving me that for sure I thought looked cool.
Speaker 2: Wildgate another one I don't necessarilyh This is like a multiplayer one, right, the kind of one of the ones that got lost in the crowd a little bit. Our Graders is coming October thirtieth, so it got its date. I believe that was the first time we heard about that. Deadpool VR. This is another one that I heard, like had an interesting crowd reaction where people were into it, and then once they once they found out it was a VR game, they were immediately kind of disappointed.
Speaker 3: If you saw anybody on play days looking a little green, they probably just had a demo with VR.
Speaker 4: Oh really, is that going around?
Speaker 3: Like you're just straight up running around?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, the whole We're gonna make backlar do it? Now? You could see my my head in my hand. I just that ah that, I mean, there's something just so like inherently strange about that. I look, I realized like you make this and to make the VR game and you commit to that, and that's what it is. You're not wrong, though, this is weird.
Speaker 2: If it was a regular game, right, wouldn't it be one of the bigger games of the show for a lot of people.
Speaker 4: I don't care about it, right, And like I'm not I'm one of these people who were like, I'm not done with Deadpool, Like I'm I think he's fine for the most part, Like maybe it's the pin ball machine like that. I still kind of dig with some of the Deadpool stuff. And to make it this where it's like it's the thing that Deadpool probably wouldn't want, you know, like that would he would just be like, no, what this is? Like the like they would be a joke. It would have been Deadpool. This would have been Deadpool VR. Just kidding. It's not a VR game.
Speaker 3: Anybody makes this decision because it's just limiting your audience so much.
Speaker 2: Yes, media, Yes, it has to be like subsidized by Facebook at a certain point because it also I think it's also exclusive to medic Quest three and.
Speaker 5: S Chada saying deadpools played by Neil Patrick Harris, that's what weird.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm okay with that. Great, that's great. I welcome that. It's the adult I'm cool off n p H for a while. Wow, what happened?
Speaker 1: Just in general?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I thought you never know you really wanted with Robin.
Speaker 6: Huh did Wenn got canceled? Once it was me.
Speaker 3: It was devastated.
Speaker 4: I was very you did not convince me, come convince.
Speaker 2: And then squirre Innis had their big new game Killer in which actually I thought looked pretty Yeah that did look.
Speaker 3: Cool, like not like the I don't know, prettiest game maybe or the most like technical expressive. It looked fun.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: It's sort of a multiplayer clue action game. It looks like it's got more going on than Yeah, thank you Mike foam Stars. That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is weird because I feel like this is driven by the same initiative that gave us folks. Right, But yeah, I agree here all right.
Speaker 2: We ran through Summer game Fest there. If there was anything else, shout it out in the chat Xbox showcase happened as well. Persona four remaking. I don't think anyone cares about this one.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I gotta say Mike sitting next to you for that was just not fun.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna say it was infused you with excitement yourself.
Speaker 4: I I didn't know what to do. I wanted to give you enough space for what was happening to your body. You kept like touching your face. When people touch their face a lot. It bothers me. I don't know. You were just you were all up in your You were all up in it, and I was happy for you. I was happy for you a lot.
Speaker 3: Now. Kind of a weird trailer because we we didn't say much and what they show was kind of basic and also didn't even look as sharp as what Persona three date. It seems like they show us this early and I don't show if they I don't know if they showed it earlier than they wanted to because of the leaks and the Chrisector protest or something.
Speaker 2: It would have been harder to put something together that fast. Oh yeah, not the most.
Speaker 3: You know, we didn't get a ton to see here, but Persona three reload was very good. I'm sure this would be great too. I'm still kind of upset about the name what Revival. I don't know why we're not doing a fun TV word like rewind or rerun.
Speaker 4: The most fun TV word can rewind.
Speaker 3: Right exactly.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: But though Persona four is a fantastic game, uh, it does need a remake. There's some stuff that they can smooth out, cuttent wise and uh just subject matter wise. I think it will make it more accessible to a ton of people.
Speaker 1: Mikey judged me for who I chose to romance in that game. Yeah, Ki killing Wow.
Speaker 4: I know we went into Xbox already. I just feel so bad that we didn't mention this. Going back to Summer Game Fest, go ahead, Lucy James. Yeah, yeah, well done.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Summer James Fest.
Speaker 4: That's what we're calling. That's what some people are saying. Yeah, I think everyone was saying that fucking believable. So proud of Lucy. Yeah, she crushed it. Yep. Phenomenal, phenomenal work.
Speaker 2: Back the Xbox Showcase, Microsoft's Asus's Xbox rog ally X was revealed. There's also a non X variant which is going to be more entry level. They didn't get a price or anything on these things. They are coming out before the end of the year. These are those those rog Allies, but with an Xbox coding on them. I do think they have some improved specs, and Chuck were looking at it. He showed me some like there's more RAM on one of them. The x has like twenty four gigabytes of RAM or something.
Speaker 4: Crazy like that.
Speaker 2: Really, the big differences here are unlike the rag ally, these things have big giant Xbox grips on them, so that it's going to be, I guess, more ergonomic, but also just feel more like an Xbox controller in your hand with a screen in the middle.
Speaker 4: So there's that.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I feel about that, but a lot of people went hands on with this thing, and a lot of people were saying good things about that, so I'll reserve my judgment.
Speaker 3: That's the important thing here, though, is that this game is launching apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's actually not exactly the case, so there's more to it than that.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know.
Speaker 2: The other thing real quick is this is gonna have the Windows improved interface. Some people in hands on with that. That doesn't seem like people were able to like really dive into that and see how much better. But overall people said it was good at least in that first taste. Now Mike's right. The thing that, like the Marquee game that they showed with this handheld, this new Xbox handheld was Hollow Night Silk Song, which is this is where this is the only place that game showed up all week, you know, all these events. It just showed up as the game that's going to be on the Roger ally from Xbox, and they made it sound like a launch game for that thing. Well, in the discord for this game, for the developer, they were saying, well, yeah, it's coming up before the end of the year, and it's the release date is not tied to the rog ally, so it could come out before that.
Speaker 4: I guess it definitely.
Speaker 3: I don't forget what the words was, but that was the impression I got from what they were saying.
Speaker 2: I guess you could assume that it's going to like the game could come out and then for sure that means the game will be available when the when the Roger.
Speaker 4: L i X from Xbox launches. So yeah, it's just such the.
Speaker 3: Weirdest way to see anything about this game and to just hear it's still coming out this year. It's funny because like this game's marketing has been terrible in a way that has only yes stand defies convention.
Speaker 4: People talking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are we ever going to get an actual, real trailer for this game?
Speaker 1: You can get an actual shirt for Spoon Heaven though at dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, start tramp on dot com, everybody spoon Heaven.
Speaker 2: Well, if you want the new, hottest, newest games from the leading developers like game Freak, you no longer have to You can go to Xbox to get Beast of Reincarnation, which looks like a from Soft inspired action RPG that's built around and this is from them demanding technical combat.
Speaker 4: Uh, what the hell is going on? What are they doing to me? Y'all? Why do they do this to me?
Speaker 1: It's like when you're in a fake relationship or something and then you turn it turns out like your deadbeat partner that was like poor is actually a doctor.
Speaker 4: It's like when you're in a fake relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you don't know in the moment that you don't follow in the moment that it's a fake relationship. You know, you're getting again swindled, got it bamboozled? Yeah, I'll just read this whole entire thing here. Pasce of Rerincarnation is set in post apocalyptic Japan, a land ruined by corruption and crowing with monstrous beasts. Players will explore what it means to be a human and beast of reincarnation and expansive one person, one dog action RPG built around demanding technical combat.
Speaker 4: You know, we've had a million of these, So.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just so when game free telles other games, that's even almost weird, like oh, right, they just make their own games sometimes, but you're usually like you know, Tempo, the Badass Elephit, they're good games with their kind of you know, smaller projects. They have this thing. It looks huge and expensive.
Speaker 2: Look, I think you said this is why Pokemon looks so badau they're putting all their work into this.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is why screw it and FOT looks like shit. And then it actually kind of hurts more to see this because like, oh, they can make expensive looking games, they just don't for Pokemon for they just do it for Xbox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, what's going I'm seeing people say that game Freaks HQ is located inside the Nintendo building.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, but the game Freak is its own company, it has been for forever. Uh, they just also own a third of the Pokemon Company alongside Nintendo. So I don't know, it's weird this game apparently coming out twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll see. Uh.
Speaker 2: And then, of course, the big show stopper that everyone couldn't stop talking about, the thing that ended the show called of Duty Black Ops seven, which was so confusing. It's just coming into the show with this, but the trail where it was bizarre.
Speaker 4: It looked like a horror game.
Speaker 2: I don't know, rock I was, I was into it. I I well, I was, I was interested.
Speaker 4: I was, you know, like I was curious. I don't know what the end game of like Misdirecting Black Op seven does for anybody? Do you know what I mean? Like I don't get the play there right, Like it's it's this sort of like misdirection is the punching, like ha ha, we got you. It's just like, no, that doesn't make sense. What good does that do for anyone? I've like I left this like upset. I know I am very prone to that emotional feeling, but like you're usually upset, I'm usually upset or disappointed, general disappointment, but like that was going on here? What happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm just confused because you know, and we get a new Call Duty every year, but they have the sub series within it. We just got Black Ops six last year by Trey Ark and Raven, and now this year it's not going We're not going back to Modern Warfare when not doing something else, it's just Black Ops seven with Trey Arc and Raven, and I'm like so bizarre.
Speaker 2: So I was talking to mister Call of Duty Dean Takahashi, and he was explained to me that he like his understanding is that because of the development schedule, they originally had that like three teams each taking their turn, and then there was a big problem with one of them, and so Sledgehammer had to do like two games in a row. And their solution to that was, let's make each studio have a period where they do two of these in a row. That's what we did, get two Modern warfarees.
Speaker 4: In a row. Right, there was the three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were back to back, and so that that was Infinity Wards turn. Now it's Trey ARC's turn to do two in a row, and then after this they're going to get back on the three studio schedule. I guess that's the explanation. I don't know if it makes sense from us sitting out here being like, is this is exciting? I don't know that this looks so weird.
Speaker 3: Black Ops is good? Right, Like that was? Yeah, It's like, I guess there's one thing about like, oh we call of duty. The Black Ops is making way for the new modern warfare. It's where it's like, forget about Black Ops six from seven months ago, right, like get ready for Black Ops seven.
Speaker 4: Yep, it's it's bizarre. I don't fully understand it all. Right.
Speaker 2: Then there's some other stuff Outer Worlds too, which I thought looked really really good. Yeah, I just kind of I think it seems like they were really nailing what they're going for with this one, and it's what we're talking.
Speaker 4: About a little bit agou these sequels.
Speaker 2: It's like they can really bring everything together that they tried or attempted in the first one. And I thought like the first Outer Worlds was a really good seven out of ten for me, and I think if they can get this one up to an eight, I will be happy. Like that's all they really have to do is get this thing to an eight out of ten. I'll be like, Yeah, that was totally worth it.
Speaker 5: I probably would have played it anyway because I enjoyed the first one, But in a post Avowed world, I'm now more up on Upsidian in general, so I really hope the action feels as good as it didn't Avowed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a studio. It's kind of really figured some things out recently.
Speaker 2: I think Clockwork Revolution maybe one of the big standouts of the show.
Speaker 4: Really. I think so you that that showed really well. Just caught up. You guys just caught up.
Speaker 3: When we first saw it, it just kind of, you know, we didn't see a lot of it. I was like, Okay, I guess the NX I was going to try to make kind of a quote unquote bigger game like this, and here we got a huge look at it.
Speaker 2: It was lot.
Speaker 3: Going on here, and it just it all looks very pristine too. It's just kind of the top of the line stuff for gaming.
Speaker 4: About time Drive A lot was long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to hit the rest of these a little bit quicker.
Speaker 4: High on life too.
Speaker 3: The heck with the CG trailer was so weird.
Speaker 2: Yes, really weird. And then then you got in four October twenty first for that one that looked fantastic as well. Gears of what reloaded also looked pretty great. That is, let's see a multiplayer test is coming June thirteenth. It is out on August twenty six for PS five, Windows, PC, and Xbox Series X. I wonder if we get a switch to version. Probably not Super meat Boy three D. Yeah, and it looked like a super Mario three D world. But meat Boy, I think the thing that really popped me was the seeing all your deaths animated alongside you in the three D world. What a cool What a cool thing. Obviously that was awesome in meat Boy a super meat Boy, but it looked really awesome in three D.
Speaker 5: I've not been on my radar in a long time. As for a boy like this is a cool way to bring it back.
Speaker 2: Mike talked about Grounded two. It goes into early access July twenty ninth. A Fellion, which is that don't nod space action adventure climbing game.
Speaker 4: Oh the seat. I thought that was interesting. Yeah, did you sound like yes? They did?
Speaker 2: You looks like they're applying that to a different genre, now, slightly different genre.
Speaker 4: It looked awesome. I thought Keeper was another spare for me.
Speaker 2: You Double Fine game where you play as a lighthouse that grows legs and walks around moving castle.
Speaker 1: Like, I hope William Dafoe and Robert Pattinson make an appearance.
Speaker 2: Just a cameo, like you just get a glimpse of them arguing inside the thing. Yes, all right, there are no ghosts at the Grand Yeah, what was this one, Mike?
Speaker 4: This game?
Speaker 3: Like this is that really the Skylark the house flipper thing?
Speaker 4: Right? Yeah, spooky house Slipper. That's right. We were actually, we were all into this.
Speaker 6: This is of my top three reveals of the show.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that a lot. I was kind of looking forward to the Indiana Jones in the Great Circle to DLC.
Speaker 2: I still am. I kind of just want to get my hands on because I want to go back to that game. I was really into it. The Order of the Giants. It's going to come out September fourth.
Speaker 4: Cronos.
Speaker 2: The New Dawn is Blueber Team's new sci fi horror game. They showed off a trailer of that that's coming out in the Fall Invincible verses. We talked about that. I don't know if that has a date. Doesn't look like it, But that's that three v three fighter at Fates and is a new one from the Spirit Fair developer thunder Lowess Games. This looked really sick, thought looked really cool. Yes, I'm with you guys on that Residence a Plaguetail legacy, a Plaguetail spinoff game that didn't have any rats, but it's coming out in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: That one also looked pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Final Fantasy is coming to Xbox, Final Fantasy seven remake Integrate is coming to Xbox, and then Final Fantasy sixteen.
Speaker 4: Is out now.
Speaker 2: Planet of Lana two Children, Children of the Leaf is coming out in twenty twenty six, promising an ambitious, cinematic puzzle adventure that doubles the size and scope of the original. That was a the limbo like right kind of yeah, I believe so. And then Animo is a free to play creature catching open world RPG for mobile, Windows, PC, and Xbox Series X in twenty twenty six. It had that very I mean, it's a Pokemon game, but it has a very good three D style that made Pokemon kind of look embarrassing by comparison.
Speaker 4: Once again.
Speaker 2: All right, let's hit the state of play, which also happened. I'm just gonna pick out some big ones here, blood Stained Cairn, Didimont's Story, Everybody's Golf Final Fantasy Tactics finally confirmed. That was nice to see. They showed more of Ghost of Yota kiro Gami Double seven First Light, real quick, whateveryone think of that Double seven first Light trailer. I thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: He's on a plane and I couldn't see it.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, same here at Disney.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know how I feel about James Bond being younger than me.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 2: Look, look that was the one thing or I'm not sure about this James Bond, but I'll give them the chance to win me over.
Speaker 4: Uh, let's see here. What else do I have?
Speaker 2: Luminous Arise, Arise, Marvel Token. Uh, let's see Mark middle Gear, Solid Delta, Mortal Kombat collection maybe one of the things I'm most excited about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hit me in there. I'm ready.
Speaker 5: I am game Boy Mortal Kombat Online sessions.
Speaker 4: Oh God, are we losing Mike or is that just me? I think it's just you? Okay, all right, he's back for me. He's right here.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see Ninja guid in Neo three, Pragmata Project Defiant. Oh no, I Mike can't hear me anymore. Let him know that Romeo is a dead man, Sea of Remnants, Silent Hill f sort of the c Thief VR and Tides of Tomorrow. I think the the thing, Okay, see he's now, he's way out of sync for me, Mike.
Speaker 4: Whenever I hear you reached like five seconds later, I don't thank you.
Speaker 2: The thing I was most upset about was when Jan said that the Thief game should have been called THEE should have been called Thief Verry with VR in the middle.
Speaker 1: That that was like, obviously, I'm a master of marketing, baby, what can I say?
Speaker 2: All Right, last couple of stories here. Splatoon Raiders revealed for Nintendo switch To. Nintendo announced Splatoon Raiders for the Nintendo Switch To, teased on the Nintendo Today app. Players will be mechanics adventuring with a deep cut in the Spiral lighte Islands Spiral Light. I can't say that the announcement coincided with a Splatoon three update that's coming on June twelfth. Uh, it's adding a visual enhancements new weapons thirty kits in the splat Lands collection. It's gonna also increase the levels for all of the weapons that are in the game, so you can go back and upgrade them even more. There will be new stages or a returning stage from Split Tune one, urchin, underpassed, new badges, a series weapon power stat for anarchy battles. I don't know, a bunch of new things. Some of it's gobbledygook to me because I haven't played Splatoon in a while. But Splatoon Raiders looks pretty cool, although I'm not sure if I fully understand what it even is.
Speaker 3: I don't think they've really explained what it is, so it's a little that's confusing. I'm excited to go back to Splatoon three, actually, and that's a game that I am curious to see what the switch to improvements are, like. I would like to spend more time in there, for sure. Do you think this the fact that they just kind of announced this on their app or whatever, do you think this kills that rumor of there being a direct soon?
Speaker 4: I think so, yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not for sure, but I think it's less likely because it's definitely presented like you should have been in a direct. So maybe there's not a lot else too for them to talk about.
Speaker 3: There's no date though, so we can still get something where we get a date for that, we get a date. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is them just trying to really promote the you know, the Nintendo Today app is something that they were cracking down on where people were sharing stuff from the Nintendo Today app in the last couple of weeks. They would take screenshots and screen recordings and they would post it on Twitter, or they post on Blue Sky and Nintendo was DMCA in those things. Maybe that was in preparation for this this thing where they're like, hey, this is why you need to be on the Nintendo to Day app. And then you're right, maybe they actually tell us what this game is and give us a date in a direct at some point. The Outer Worlds Too is officially Xbox's first eighty dollars game. There was a lot of talk about this, although we were busy, we were traveling. I didn't like really see a lot of the conversation. They told us they would start charging eighty dollars and I'm a little bit like over this. At a certain point, But I don't know eighty dollars for Outer Worlds too, you guys feeling that.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a rough first one because like, people like Outer Worlds but just doesn't have the biggest audience in the world, right, So, I don't know, You're asking a lot of people to pay eighty bucks for a sequel game that they didn't play, to be honest, So it just seems difficult.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Then, Konami is holding its own showcase later this week. A thirty seven minute presentation called Konami Press start on June twelfth, featuring game updates and developers developer updates. The show will focus on middle Gear Solid Delta, Snake Eater releasing August twenty eighth, and Silent Hill f launching September twenty fifth. The metal Gear Solid Delta is remake, blah blah blah. They also said, and more, thirty seven minutes is a long time. I'm hoping that this is where that rumored Castlevania game finally show.
Speaker 5: So well, okay, another thing that that and more there There is going to be a separate stream on the thirteenth that is just a middle Gear Solid production hotline where the creators are going to talk about the future of the series, Oh, creators of like you know, yeah, collection volume two with Melgar, Solid four and peace.
Speaker 4: I can see that that is very likely to show up here as well.
Speaker 5: If that happens, we are all playing through peace Walker together. I've never played for Yeah, we have to do that on this website.
Speaker 3: Does they tease the the online mode for for three coming? Yeah? As part of this will you probably see a lot more about it.
Speaker 6: I could totally see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Castlevania, I'd love to see a new game. Maybe they could still do like a Castlvania three D collection with those two and sixty four and the two PS two games, right, you can have that.
Speaker 4: I would love that.
Speaker 3: Maybe time for something new.
Speaker 1: Maybe some more Sudoku perhaps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mean speak it in the cross game, That's what I mean. Yeah, all right, let's see here. And then finally, Bend is laying off thirty percent of its staff.
Speaker 4: I didn't see this. Someone else.
Speaker 2: From Shrier Sony's Been Studio, which canceled a live service game earlier this year, is laying off thirty percent of its staff around forty people. Bloomberg News has learned the studios has been spinning up a new project following the cancelation. So it feels like one of those things where like, yeah, we're not going to close the studio, but we don't need all these people until we need these people.
Speaker 3: So you know what, they probably should have just let them make Days Gone to. Actually, it feels like that would have been a much better use of this time than whatever else has happened at that studio since then. Although I get not wanting to do that game just because that one guy is weird, but that's not enough of a reason to not do that game. Thirty people lose their jobs or what not? Thirty percent? Right, So yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And this is this is apparently just Bend. No other studio is getting hit in this moment, although Sony's had layoffs kind of in a bunch of different places over the last months, though not as much as like Microsoft and not as much as EA, so hopefully this doesn't spread too much more. All Right, that does it for the news. I'm handing this show back over to Jam.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go take a quick bricky break and we'll be back with some emails and super chats right after this. These are the emails for the show emails. BombCast at giant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails to write in about any and everything. You got a fun fact, you got some fun trivia, perhaps a quiz. We'll go and read it and read as many emails as we can. First email comes from Simon from Saskatchewan. Simon has provided us with lots and lots fun little tidbits. There are our own snapple cap full of fun facts. Simon writes in hella BombCast. Coffee does make people pooh because it acts similar to a mild laxative. Caffeinated coffee is a stimulant that not only helps with concentration in staying awake, but also helps jump start certain involuntary muscles in our bodies.
Speaker 7: Cafe talking about poo on the last episode, we were well, we were talking about the word diuretic, which is in itself exclusively attached to t peepee, which I which I did fine.
Speaker 4: But obviously the word laxative, I assume, is like the sister word of diuretic. If you consider pooping and peeing to be siblings. There I do.
Speaker 1: It's like one and two, you know, So that's pretty close, right.
Speaker 4: There's nothing to do with each other. You're right, You're right.
Speaker 2: I've never poo without pain, right, that's all poopies are peepies.
Speaker 4: But not all peepies are poopies. That's true. Well not, you know, give it a few more years for me, and then we'll see. Then you might need to get that looked at.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, y'all are getting around that age. I won't have to do that for another thirty years because I'm young, exactly. Caffeine can jump start the intestinal muscles. Other laxatives do this, but at a much higher level and can send water to the colon to make it softer and easier to get out. Other caffeated drinks can do this, but coffee usually has more caffeine than caffeine caffeinated SODA's like colas and Mountain Dew. Most people don't know Mountain Dew is caffeinated. Much appreciation, Simon from Saskatchewan PS merch master of all the merch. I'd like to buy. It'd be a Blake Club mug with a great shirt with that great shirt logo.
Speaker 4: Don't say mugs to Mike.
Speaker 3: Oh. I was gonna hold back, but as soon as I logged in the work email for the first time this weekend. So many more mug fires to put out.
Speaker 4: You guys are gonna make it like shoot hot with the mugs, so listen, and.
Speaker 3: I basically I've been told, like, you're gonna have to like do this like individual thing with them is gonna be a big pain in the ath, right, fantastic, I Mike.
Speaker 2: What if, Hey, Beck, what if I just snuck a mug onto the store while Mike wasn't looking amazing?
Speaker 4: Well, it's harder. I don't know if it's easy to do, but yes, either way, yes, of course, sneak away, Mike. I'm with you, Bud. But mugs rule, and people love them. I love them, whateveryone loves mugs. And we just got to figure out a better way to like work with maybe a different partner toor like get mugs that are packed better that.
Speaker 3: Mug fire out before I even think about mugs, because it's still a very ongoing.
Speaker 4: Concern, Mikey, what about it?
Speaker 1: Ther moss?
Speaker 3: That's fine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't really break a ther moss?
Speaker 3: Okay, cool?
Speaker 4: Cool? Cool?
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Oh I forgot your name. I'm so sorry, Hey, Fellas, month's back. You guys, mentioned about filming on location in Hawaii, and being someone who lived in Hawaii for years, I cannot think of a better piece of content, specifically if Dan is involved. Now, I know things have changed since then, so it may not be in the cards any anytime soon. Do you ever, if there is a chance, I think filming Dan trying different kinds of Hawaiian food is prime content. Foods like spam, asouvi, local moko lao lao, even poi. He probably has no idea what any of that is. I appreciate everything you guys do, and you got a fan for life. Ps Jan, I work at a local Portland or.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay baby, I'll holler at you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that email. Is it a dispensary, Yes, but of coffee, So.
Speaker 4: Just for a second, Clows, I don't care. What about that, Mike.
Speaker 2: We've definitely been talking about traveling over the weekend. There's some people are like, Hey, you should go to Japan, and they were like very insistent about it, and we're all like, we should try to make that happen. But those are the kinds of things where we would have to like really kind of plan around it and make it maybe a big event and kind of douce.
Speaker 3: Steps to worry about right now business also, like just like packs were trying to say, oh, yeah, that's coming up.
Speaker 1: Are we doing that gathering of the buggalows?
Speaker 4: That's right, which is priority.
Speaker 2: So these are the kinds of things that we would plan for like twenty twenty six exactly. But they are the kinds of things that we do think we could pull off as long as we get enough support.
Speaker 1: I just think that the giant bomb Luau sounds fantastic.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, as soon as he said, like, oh, if we all went to Alua, that'd be a ton of fun out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, God, I'd be.
Speaker 3: That's where the only lou I ever been was that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Disney Disney Disney Hawaii was like a mowana than the Polynesian resort.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, they just they just got rid of that so they can build a new hotel tower. Fortunately, although the town sorry.
Speaker 4: Sorry for your lost support.
Speaker 1: Support local Hawaiians when you can. Folks, don't go to the Dole plantation.
Speaker 4: Apparently we didn't address Dan's departure, did we No, why do we have had to go? He shouted out some confetti yesterday, so he's got to see a doctor. Uh.
Speaker 1: This next one comes from Tom from London, UK. Hi, guys, you think does tech demo Momo thing will turn into an actual switch to game? It was it a tech test for game chat? Also any word on a June direct this year. Great job on John Bomb at Night, awesome, awesome work for relatively short notice. Plus everyone else going on everything else going onto jeers Tom from London, UK.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we had more time, like everything would have been even just that.
Speaker 4: Much more smooth. But for what time we did have, Really.
Speaker 2: Happy with how things went, so thank you for saying that. And then the tech demo mmo thing will turn into an actual Switch two game? Or was it just a tech test for game chap? It was definitely not just a tech test for game chat. It was a tech test for that game because, as I mentioned before, that tech test has a fully fleshed out soundtrack already ready to go, Like they have put a ton of work into that thing already, so I think that they are just trying to figure out maybe how to present it to people. It's a really interesting, weird thing, and I hope it comes back. I think it will be a real switch game and then probably switch and switch to when it does come out. But is it free to play? How do they actually what's the business model? I think that that's the question that is probably holding it back at this moment.
Speaker 1: Cool cool cool?
Speaker 4: Uh And then no word on a June direct. I just who knows? We don't know.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Brian from Lancaster. I don't know who all controls socials for GB, but if Mike ever posts slash skeets on the account, it should always lead with this is Tolkoto as me Andmoto does for Nintendo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you can figure it out. I did sneak at Disney reference into one of the one of the skeets from the weekend. I don't know if anybody picked up on it was kind of obscare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next time you see a skeet from the Giant Bomb Blue Sky account, I need you to also like at skeet who you think wrote it?
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a fun It's a fun little game, all right. Next email comes from Tony from Sydney, Australia. High BombCast crew, longtime listener here. Thanks for all the laughs, insight and ever comforting chaos you bring each week from your end? What makes a good email? Are there certain things you look for that catch your attention, whether it's something you choose to read on the show or something that gets personal reply off air? Also, do you think you get any AI written emails these days? And if so, does that make a difference on how to engage with them? Would love to hear your thoughts, whether on air or not. Thanks again for all the great work or regards, Tony from Sydney, Australia.
Speaker 3: Are there any good emails there? Almost exactly. It's like, here's the code for a game that you won. I'm like, I'd rather not have to deal with this email.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a I written emails. It's not something that bothers me because I just need to get me the info. As long as the info's not messed up, then I'm fine. If you're like, naame the email you're sending, then I'll I don't give a shit.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's Also, I think it's important also say like, we realize it's not an easy job to have to be normal or come off as normal. Right, that's not fun. It doesn't sound like bad like, so there is that element of it too, which is important.
Speaker 1: I think Tony was specifically talking about in regards to a podcast email.
Speaker 4: Oh shit, all right, well that's a whole other thing. Well yeah, I was playing on what Mike was saying. But yeah, I think shorter the better and like have a good bit like short and sweet, but like capture. You know, time is money. Yeah right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Generally, whenever we get like a quiz or like this or that type of deal EIO, we will read it because that is a lot of effort put into something. Sometimes people will do like a stat breakdown or whatever, and I'll make sure to include that since I wade through the email wasteland. Yeah, something shorter, something punchy.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: However, try and say thank you, or at least we'll we'll say on air thank you if you do email something in regard to a specific person on the show, or is just general kind words A lot of kind words of course since we have gone independent, and a lot of kind words after GB at night. So love and appreciate all y'all for that.
Speaker 4: Next email comes from Mike from Loveland appropriate. We're talking about love just.
Speaker 1: Then, Greeting's chairman of Giant bombs eyebought. Every once in a while, Disney adults catch strays on your podcast, which I enjoy, but it has made me wonder if the Nintendo adults on the crew realize how similar they are to Disney adults. To an outside observer like myself, they are, in fact pretty similar. Both have movies, theme parks, video games, merch, battled cartoons, museums, and both are almost exclusively, exclusively marketed to children and families. Both trade on trying to recreate feelings you had as a child. Both have rabbit ultra loyal brand defenders. What am I missing?
Speaker 4: Yeah? If Nintendo is the clearly is clearly the Disney of games, then Nintendo adults must be the Disney Adults of games. Correct.
Speaker 1: Just trying to make a piece here among two groups with a lot of overlap on the vent diagram. Love the show, love all of you. Mike from Loveland, Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, one hundred percent. I mean, you know, I don't want to speak ill about Dan with him not being here. But he's the worst. He's he's something. Do you want to speak ill of him without him being here? I don't know what you're talking about. I think I think the disease that Mike has with Disney is like elevenfold within a Nintendo Like for sure you have it too, but not as bad. Yeah, and I think it's the same thing.
Speaker 2: I just like for me, I I if I were to get defensive about it, I'd be like, has Disney done something as as revolutionary.
Speaker 4: As Breath with the Wild? As like?
Speaker 2: I mean for me, it's like, if you want to come at me like you should as an adult should not care about what this company's doing in video games, I'd be like, well, that's just wrong, that's incorrect. It's very important that they were making these kinds of games and other people are not or did not until they did.
Speaker 1: I will say that Dan may be almost more Nintendo adulty than Sure. Uh, Mike here is a Disney adult because when.
Speaker 4: You're Mario that's okay. Well, because the cool shirt, because when I like it.
Speaker 1: When Dan went to the Nintendo Museum, he bought everything there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course he's worse. He's worse than Mike. Yes, that's a good question for chat. What was Disney's wei, Mike.
Speaker 2: Bolt the first thing you said, I don't know what that is the thing to say about we.
Speaker 1: You know, what Mike has tried a lot of cuisines for the first time at Disney World or Land. Yes, just like Dan first tried mushrooms for the first time in his life at Universal Studios.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know it gets me is like with this, it's not an awareness as much on the perhaps Disney adult side, because you guys will always, like amongst yourself, be like like the Mario versus Mickey question who's more famous, saying I think it's Mickey. Then you all be like, well, you're biased. Meanwhile, it's like us all these video game Nintendo fans think that's Mario. There's no asteris there for some reason? Or on the couch when you had all these people were wrestling fans, you were all positing, who are weird Disney adults or wrestling adults? Buddy, Well, I'm with the wrestling fans. Think obviously.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm sure I have something that slots into this category where I'm like equally as mentally ill as you all are with wrestling, Nintendo and Disney. Uh, I'm just not coming off the top right now, Like I don't know what it is. I'm sure it's out there, but yeah, you're exactly right. Mike, it's unfair. You're treated unfairly because you're right in the same breath that they make fun of you about just enjoying a multiicon, you know, national evil. Well, it depends on how you look at it. Corporation. They are, you know, sucking off the teat of big turn Buckle. So you know, it's uh, it's it's definitely a lot of hypocriticism happening.
Speaker 1: All right, all right. Next email comes from hagis Hi. Guys, I'm sure you've got a ton of emails telling you that Notch is a nickname for Ignasio. But is anyone ever told you that nachos the food are named after a specific Ignasio in nineteen forty three. Oh wow, that's so yung.
Speaker 3: But it's the other way around. Oh my god, it makes so much more sense than people being named after nachos.
Speaker 1: In nineteen forty three, nachos were invented by Ignacio and Naya, who called them nachos special but the good one agus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: This was like a thing.
Speaker 2: Like it was they had like old tortilla shells and then they like fried them up in like Texas or like just south of Texas or this what.
Speaker 3: You're saying sounds like the Doritos Urges story, which happened in Disneyland.
Speaker 4: Well it could also be that, Mike, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that's what happened.
Speaker 2: I didn't know, Jesus Christ, I didn't know that happened in disney all right, yeah, yeah, Doria's were invented in Disneyland.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Hey, so like it's it's affectionate to have.
Speaker 1: If I were to name my future child Ignasio and the nickname him Nacho. Now shoe On the other foot, here, what if I have some friends were thinking about this if they had a daughter, they would nickname her cass but that would be short for casserole.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, my daughter's just gonna get called Cassie though.
Speaker 4: Right, Cassie.
Speaker 1: Okay, but like, would you mind being like your full name being Casserole?
Speaker 3: No, yes, yes, I would rather not do that and bother me.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well they're not together, so that worked out.
Speaker 4: Alright.
Speaker 1: Two more emails before we get near the end of the show. This one comes from Travis and Fargo. Thanks Travis for not two timing us. Obviously, it's probably not feasible for several reasons. But if all the logistics were taken care of, what's the ideal plan for Giant Bomb going on a cross country tour of live shows and events Travis and Fargo.
Speaker 4: Well, the email itself is sort of contradictory, right, because the email is saying it's not probable for several reasons there. But that's my point is is that it could happen if all of the logistics were taking care.
Speaker 2: So the question is, then, then what would be the ideal plan if everything else was taken.
Speaker 3: We need a tour bus that we can like make our normal content from still, right, Yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: That's so you guys talk about the logistics again, like what would be the ideal plan for the actual live events.
Speaker 4: Where we so presumably, yeah, presumably it's like a twenty five city tour that crosses the country in the parabola shape, right, Sure, pick up Canada, little bit will let will they have us? Oh we have to go to Canada, a lot of it. I want to go to Mexico City. Yeah, I would love that. Sure, you know, it's a bigger circle now for sure.
Speaker 1: I want to visit people in the Caribbean.
Speaker 4: Okay, Mount the boat mounts the plane boat. No, I think it's possible, for sure. It's just a lot of fucking money. Like when bands tour, it's a lot of money to the band, and that's kind of what this is. It's a it's a you know, it's a tour and you need support. So that's that's right.
Speaker 1: You know what here, everyone here name a.
Speaker 4: City, Dallas, Montreal, Dubai.
Speaker 1: Argentina, the city of Argentina, because we have to visit Christian Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right right, uh yeah, I mean it would be sick. It would be absolutely sick. It's definitely doable too.
Speaker 2: Because Germo from from Argentina was a recording something and I thought he was done, so I like jumped in front of the camera and his face fell because I have totally ruined his shot and I felt terrible.
Speaker 4: This happened at Summer Game Fest. H I love Argentina, apologized to him.
Speaker 1: I love seeing Geirmo. Yeah, what a good dude. He brought grubbin and I's some more sure Bumante.
Speaker 4: Yes he did. I brought that home. I'm gonna make some today, Delo. All right.
Speaker 1: Last email from the show before Mike gets the super chats. This one comes from Mike and Loveland.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: If Jeff is Bischoff, Jan is Kevin Nash, Rubiscott Hall, danis six Minatti is staying in mquonchie makeup. Yeah, I can't read some of this email. You work yourselves into the ultimate shoot Brothers, love the show, Love you all. Mike from Loveland. Thanks Mike, you that makes a lot. That means a lot to me to be compared to Kevin Nash. Kevin Nash is really fucking cool. It's another win for the good guys.
Speaker 4: I think, yep, I don't know if this is a win for me as Eric Bischoff.
Speaker 1: Do you want to be Hollywood Hulk Hogan?
Speaker 4: No, he don't desperate Hollywood. I don't have enough sharpie to be to color in the beard.
Speaker 2: We had some of the nitros on and that was the thing everyone commented on, was his dark beard and how and how wet.
Speaker 1: He is, like how unwell his skin looked. It looked too tight.
Speaker 4: He looked like he was wearing a skin suit because it was like folding in weird ways.
Speaker 1: Once again, the email is bomb cast at giant bomb dot com. Please write in about any and everything and we'll try and get all the show. Meanwhile, Mikey, you got some super chats to read?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, ol Grug says, quoting Dan recently, I'm going to try reference to Dan becoming a better person who thinks before speaking. But I'm going to try quoted by Dan Orange Cassidy wrikers, I have remember when rang Cassidy first, He's gonna drive. I like Orange Cassidy's he been wrestling, but I did see him on the last paper for sure.
Speaker 1: He hasn't been near like the top of the card. He's kind of like floating around right now.
Speaker 3: To give him a title run, I think I think you've deserved that. Stephen Beatle says, Hi, guys, Stephen from Scotland here. My daughter Emily has just graduated from university. WA's just the bomb cast. Can you give her a let's fucking go Emily? Yeah, thank you, thank you, congratulations.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Emily.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, there it is. Did Mike's out there when we screamed no problem?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Martin Hollis says Red McFly from Scotland here, Let's fucking go Emily.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: More shouts than Emily. Martin also says, can we have a my mind's eye week. According to Eyes.
Speaker 1: Hey buddy, we're already having it.
Speaker 4: You're living it, brother.
Speaker 3: Then Martinall says thoughts about absence of Fable and Metroid'm not sure about Metroid where that would have shown up.
Speaker 4: But fab Yeah, that doesn't make sense not being.
Speaker 3: There, and Marathon are dark, perfect dark not being there.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing I mentioned perfect dark, and now people are like just mention me. I guess I can't verify it, but like that might be further off than we're even thinking.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 2: I don't know for sure, but that's that's what I'm hearing.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know they basically announced it when they were making that studio, but no, Fable's a little strange, like we got a decent look at that last year to not give us any kind of updates kind of strange.
Speaker 4: They are going to be at games Com.
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess they have another chance to like talk about a few more things. But that to me means that Fables out like early next year at the earliest.
Speaker 3: Uh, and then last when you're Eggie says Mike tell us about when you ate live ants. Yeah, yeah, me and my buddies in high school were all in kind of a dark basement watching Oh you're.
Speaker 4: In say dark place.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, we're all just ignorant idiots.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: We were all happy you're.
Speaker 2: Starting pixie Sticks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just a very dark basement. We were watching Pitch Black with Vin Diesel and there was just a bag of chips I noticed near me. Who knows the one they've been down there? So I just grabbed a bag, just started eating handfuls of these chips by one. Buddy was getting in there too, and then like, what's the movie over? Someone turned the lights on. I noticed that there were just a million tiny ants crying all over those chippies. I prob were you I like sixteen seventeen, I owe so many ants. It explains a lot. Oh great, though, turns out ants are fine to eat. I think it's okay.
Speaker 2: Sure, turn them into the mandiest today.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just to just go nutso on mystery chips like that.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the smartest thing I ever did, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a little bit more texture, right.
Speaker 3: I at least noticed I had no they were very tiny ants, like, yeah, you see those like micro ant Sometimes I don't know how they get so small.
Speaker 4: They're just sort of like mites, almost not even ants. It's not as bad as eating mystery couch opened chocolate like Danny O'Dwyer.
Speaker 3: Oh Danny, Oh, we love you already.
Speaker 1: You don't need to do that.
Speaker 4: You didn't even cool. He didn't even pause. He's so cool. He that was the most metal ship I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's dad metal, right, half eaten mystery Chocolate's cool and I eat a bag of ants by mistake and that's growth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're fucking weird. It's it's just different. On his face, he did a mark of shame. I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, what do we got, Micah?
Speaker 4: Does that wrap it.
Speaker 3: Up for Super Super Chest?
Speaker 1: Thank everybody, Thank you everybody over there. What do we got going on for the rest of the week?
Speaker 4: The boys? We got game Mess mornings, Grub Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll probably find a find some time to record the quick looks or maybe look at some of those demos there in Steam next fest.
Speaker 3: Uh, you gotta do some switch to stuff man.
Speaker 2: And switch to stuff will be the main thing that we try to get to this week.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should do a Knockout Tour or Knockout Mode or UPF this week just along one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean may maybe we could try to like extend it a little bit and do some other switch to stuff. Maybe we do that on Thursday and then we'll do Knockout Tour on Friday. That's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Blake Club returns tomorrow. Mike, youre ready to get back into looking so cool?
Speaker 3: I guess so. I think I'm maybe I don't. I don't know if the end is super insight, but we're getting there. We keep making proggies each time. At least the.
Speaker 2: Proggies are better than I thought they would be. So, yeah, you're doing all.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna grub mentioned. We're gonna try and get some quick looks recorded and in the can lots of stuff to quick look, some older stuff as well that I'd be still be interested to see voicemail dump truck popping off on Thursday. Correct, Yeah, yeah, sick, sick sick. And also, folks, I we understand that you may have been experiencing some audio issues while watching GB at night with some audio out of phase. I'm going to leave them up, but I'm gonna take them at the audio so everything is all juicy for y'all y'all at home, and we're gonna upload them as separate breakout segments as well. And yes, we will also have a summer game FESTI vlog as well. A good one eighth of it is going to be dedicated to Dan's discovery of mustard, which kind of pains me inside.
Speaker 4: Fuckle up, folks, Fuckle up.
Speaker 1: Dan and I got to go to a red carpet and there will be some footy from there interacting with the.
Speaker 4: Data we thought there would be. But yeah, as much.
Speaker 1: I was kind of excited to meet a certain celebrity and they just did not show up. But Ben Starr was there, so that's cool.
Speaker 4: U folks. Uh.
Speaker 1: That about does it for this week's episode of The Giant BombCast. We'll see you next week for another episode. He's been Jeff, he's been Jeff, he's been like Dan was here, but he's also been Dan. I've been jan andyone. I'll say this and this is just me saying it. Fuck Ice. We'll see you next week for another episode. Until then, stand by and protect your fucking neighbors because you should love them.
Speaker 4: Good Bomb