Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bubo. These guys are your favorites, so like to say to subscribe and rain it.
Speaker 2: Five Stock and me.
Speaker 1: Great, just gone yesterday and listening watching lim always keep its watching.
Speaker 3: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Boobo Fay.
Speaker 4: Cliff, I got your text messages and the pictures looks like you got a big weekend.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I've been I've been running ragged, dude. It it's been nutty, nutty, nutty. And we're gonna hear more about that today with our guests when we bring them on in a few minutes here. But yeah, let me tell you it's it's been NonStop since pretty much a week before the Meldrum event. And the Meldrum event was on the twenty fifth of January. It's insane.
Speaker 6: What have you been up to?
Speaker 5: Bobs? Everybody knows what I've been doing, but what have you been up to?
Speaker 6: Ah's out.
Speaker 4: I came out from back East with his son and he's cool guy. I think, yeah, you've You've spoke to him on the phone before. He likes to stay in the background, keep his name out of things.
Speaker 6: But we went out.
Speaker 4: He wanted to check out some spots on the coast here and go to the Willow Creek Museum and that sort of stuff. So we did that and his son came out and joined us. Really cool guy. So but we had a good time. I mean, we definitely sat in some rain and endured some of that. But we got up to uh, the Willow Creek big Foot Museum up there, and they got a new guy up he's he's been there for probably a year now. He's retired law enforcement officer, guy Eric, and he's got a brother, Chris. He's also a buddy that I went out with last November when I heard those three calls up in Trinity when I was out there with him and Poully looking for firewood and we got the firewood. Yeah, I heard those ones out there, So it was his brother. Eric is now retired and he's working out there at Willow Creek and they got some big plans to redo that place and staggered. It's been the same for twenty years whatever. It's just they haven't changed anything in there, and they've got stuff in the back room, so they're gonna revamp the interiories. He's gonna he's in touch with one of the big name guys from back in the fifties and sixties, local guy that was, you know, a contemporary of Al Hodgson, whose son is a retired lagger. And he's gonna get us in a group meeting. We're gonna all get together for lunch. And he says, oh, I know, I know where they took the prints back in the sixties, you know, down in High End Palm. He knows exactly those were casts. So he's gonna take us to those spots. And this guy, I guess is a natural. I haven't spoke to him personally yet, but I guess he's a natural storyteller. And he's got a lot of info about Apparently his dad saw Roger and Bob when they came out with Al Hotson. He they called them, they called both those guys. His dad was there when they came out, when they before I went to Eureka. And so I'm hoping to get some really cool info and if if he's gonna kind of see how it goes too, and if we hit it off, I'm sure we will.
Speaker 6: He is a meanable to coming on the podcast.
Speaker 5: Oh nice, nice, I know who you're talking about I had a long conversation with this gentleman. He has his own observations of Sasquatches. He was right there in the in the middle of everything with the history of it. That is going to be fantastic. And you know, since you know these people at the Willow Creek Museum, if you can go ahead and pass on my information, if there's anything I can do to help them out, anything at all, I'm happy to do that. Yeah. So, if there's anything I can do, go ahead and pass on my number to them. I'm happy to help out any other museums.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of like I had to tell them, like I said, Yeah, now I'm kind of torn.
Speaker 6: You know, I said, you're.
Speaker 4: My first love, but I do love is the NABC, and I kind of got to stick with that, you know, like if I get something really good, Oh.
Speaker 5: There's room for both. There's room for both. There's no competition in this because they're in California. I'm up here in the Portland area that there there's plenty going on here. I'll tell you that, you know, all that historical stuff should should be housed down there in the area in which it was found. That's really amazing. You know, the tipmus collection stands on its own. It is one of the most fantastic things you can put your eyes on if you're interested in bigfoot stuff. And I'm thrilled to hear that they're going to augment the museum and perhaps update it because you know, I've gone through the drawers there. You know, they've got a lot of stuff that isn't on display and it's just been kind of sitting there, and I think that they could perhaps do something more with the museum, and I think that it's it's about time they do. I'm thrilled to hear it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 7: You know, I noticed there was stuff missing from the drawers because I've gone through the drawers like a bunch of times, and we went through and again I was like, I know, there's some good casts that are missing out of this, but I hope there's just upstairs wherever they're storage you know it.
Speaker 6: You know, but he's trying to They were looking at you.
Speaker 4: From just the last year since he's been there, it's about ninety eight point five percent of the people that come in come in to see the Bigfoot collection and not like the you know, mining equipment and you know the typical you know wild West museum, you know, mining museum type thing. So he's trying to gently get a little more space, maybe move out some of the stuff from the mining stuff and put in more big foot things.
Speaker 6: So that's what that's what I mean, give the people what they want. That's what people are there for.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, at the end of the day, I think that the Willow Creek stuff is best known for bigfoot. I mean, look around town at the statues and the murals and all that other stuff. I mean, Willow Creek is known for that and perhaps a little bit less for prospecting in you know, oil lamps.
Speaker 6: Right right in the foot of Cliff. Cliff's doppelganger on the wall.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, that's super funny. Yeah, there's a guy on the wall that looks a lot like me. Man, But I mean I was I wasn't even born when this, I mean when when he died.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: It's probably from the nineteen twenties or earlier. I don't even know when, but it's oddly similar to me. If I had much better taste and facial hair.
Speaker 6: I'll send you a picture of that.
Speaker 5: For he has pretty great, we'll.
Speaker 6: Put it on the social media's. Yeah, I've seen that picture. He does look like you.
Speaker 3: He died before you were born, and you've never been the same since.
Speaker 5: I know, well at least you know, I know where I was in her previous life. I was in Willow Creek and he had a good style back then, not like now.
Speaker 2: I look terrible.
Speaker 5: So so you were out in the where did you go, like up in the coast somewhere. Did you got to go to the interior or what were you thinking we did?
Speaker 4: Because oh, yeah, Well so the first night we went into one of my old spots, you know, up by Rowad National Park, and we went in and there was totally dead. I mean there was there was rodents. There was rodents around, but you know, it's quite I said, you know, it's contympically be dead. And you know it's usually twenty forty five minutes at least until you know, from when we stop and sit down and just be quiet, we might get some knocks or you know, here's some stuff coming around us.
Speaker 6: We didn't hear anything.
Speaker 4: I was like, God, like it was dead, but I kind of felt like they could have been around, Like I wasn't I was like, it feels like they could be around, but I'm not sure. Like and when I was there too much earlier with Bart, remember I told you about we heard those really late knocks that as they moved the creak away from us, like really really subtle knocks, like they weren't knocking for us at all, that they were knocking so we couldn't hear them just for themselves as they moved away. So I was thinking, like, well, it's probably you know, I think this theres from what I can tell, is maybe a nursery type area. And so we went anyways, we left like one in the morning whatever, and then say at one thirty.
Speaker 6: About a half hour we left crack.
Speaker 4: He got on the audio when he went back the next morning and gather the audio, there was about a dozen different knocks, I mean solid knocks.
Speaker 6: And where he put the we were hiking.
Speaker 4: Out about a mile out whatever it was, say it was a mile, and where you're hiking a mile, stuff happens. And then near the where you start hiking at that is the other spot where we've had activity. But nothing in this like it's a dead zone for like you know, three quarters of a mile, there's nothing ever happens in there like ever. And he hung three recorders and the middle one was in the dead zone. And the knocking went on for I think he said twenty minutes or so. But the interesting thing was the last knock was like a power knock and it was right by the recorder. Like they came into this area that I thought they didn't come into, and they that was the last power knock. It was a full power knock near the recorder. So that was cool to know that they were problem. I mean, they may have came in after we left, but I think they were there the whole time and after we left they just did their thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe they're onto you. They like they kind of like, oh, these guys are going to hang out in the dark for a while, Like they've seen you enough. You're in there, you know fairly often they might know you personally by now, in which case they're onto you and they're just waiting for you to leave because that's what you usually do at.
Speaker 6: Some point, right Yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 5: So our guest today is Doug Shay. He is a recent witness. He saw a sasquatch basically almost en route to a Sasquatch conference, which is crazy, but you know, weird things have happened, and so Doug, thank you very much for coming on Bigfoot and be on today and then being willing to share your story with us.
Speaker 2: That's Doug all doing well. Good to hear from y'all. And yeah, it was. I was almost afraid to even report it at first because of the fact that it was so close to squatch Fest, but I'm glad we did because it sounds like it's been yielding some really good results.
Speaker 5: Well I get where you're coming from, because you know, back in the day, I saw something that was dark and upright with an arms swing and on my while being driven to the Texas Bigfoot Conference, And to this day I wonder if that was a sasquatch or not. But you know, obviously I don't know for sure. It was such a great distance. But also the fact that I was on my way to the Texas Bigfoot Conference and you know, with bigfooters in the front seat, I just kind of thought like no one would believe me anyway, So like whatever, man, So I totally get your hesitancy to bring this up, but I'm so glad you did well.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I knew that I could talk to you about it because and Carrie also were really glad that we were able to talk to you about the siding. And Todd was a little disappointed because he was down lower. But and it's funny because we weren't even going to end up in that area because we first tried the Mount Saint Helen's area first. But there was so much snow and it was just there was all kinds of road damage. I actually had a bad migraine that day, and it was on Thursday, so we're kind of glad. We decided we saw there was going to be no rain for about three or four hours, so we said, let's just jet on down into Oregon and see if we can stir up something.
Speaker 5: When you came up to my table at squatch Fest on Friday and you told me about it, I said, we saw a sasquatch, so what really? Really? Okay, that's interesting. And I said, okay, well, where was this either some road crossing or something on the five or you know, or what was going on? And you you said, oh, yeah, I was up at you know, kind of in the area of Sandy Ridge Trail. And I go, oh, my God, that's right up the road from my home. You know, those are those are my bigfoots, so to speak. You know, those are the ones that probably cruise through my neighborhood occasionally, because you know, over the years on the podcast here, I've kind of mentioned when I think that sasquatches might have been nearby, you know, either scaring my wife inside or some knox or vocalizations that I've personally heard on my property, and I think, oh my gosh, those are probably the same ones. And I've done several, like numerous investigations obviously all up and down the ridge there just a little further up in Rhododendron. I think I've now investigated maybe four or six or more road crossing sidings on Highway twenty six. There's been stuff up on Lolo Pass Road forever, and those are that's all right there in the neighborhood. In fact, this is kind of kind of weird, I guess, and some for serendipoitous perhaps, But just today we acquired another part of another historical collection. The guy's still alive or whatever, and there's more to come, so I'll save all that until later at some point. But about two file boxes full of things like the track record and some photographs and personal correspondences from Peter Burrn because he was a good friend that Peter Burns, and all this other stuff. And I was kind of leafing through a lot of that stuff today getting it organized, and lo and behold, I ran across footprint finds and sightings and some other things, all from the Welches and lo Low Pass area, which is pretty much ground zero for your sighting. So yeah, that the history has been there for a long time and obviously still continues to this day. Well maybe not this day, but you know last week, which is pretty much this day, I think, sir to say. Yeah, So I was blown away when you said that, when you said the location, because you don't know where I live. You don't know anything about like the history of this area because you guys live in California. So when you said that, I was thrilled. And of course we went out there on Sunday with you as well. But now I've heard the story, I've been to the siding location with you, I've done the investigation, I've done all sorts of stuff up there. But Bobo, I don't think has heard it from your lips. So why don't you tell the audience and Bobo what transpired that day?
Speaker 2: Okay, that sounds great. Yeah, well, we had driven up Wednesday. We had actually gone to the NABC and had showed them one of the casts that we took, which we also showed you at the squatch Best. So Thursday, we thought, we got here day early, we're going to do a little squatching, and we originally were going to go up to Mount Saint Helen's and we're going to try to just find a spot. But it was two feet plus the snow. Everywhere you went. You couldn't hardly get off the road because of the snow plows, and it was raining the whole time, and so Todd said, why don't we head down? And I had a migraine that day too, and I wasn't feeling that good. So that's funny how things turn out like that. But anyway, Todd goes, hey, I noticed that the weather's breaking in Oregon around Mount Hood area, So why don't we just go down there? And we don't know the area, but we thought, well, let's just go up the highway there and just take a road and see what happened. So we went up further at first, but there was just way too much ice and snow, so we turned back and ended up in the area that you mentioned, and we noticed there was a place that you could park and there was a lock gate, and so we saw the road and we said, hey, let's just walk up this road. So we started walking up and we were doing some tree knocks. We didn't do any calls or anything. Well, we heard a knock. Carrie and Todd myself heard one knock, and then we got up i'd say a half mile or so, and we had left the car probably around two o'clock, and so we were up that road about a half mile or so, and all of a sudden, Carrie I was up in front of Carry. Carrie was in the middle, and Todd was down below. And we're up that road and there's a bend up there just ahead, and Carry goes, I just heard a tree knock, and both me and Todd go we didn't hear it. And then all of a sudden, he looked over to his left at the time he goes, do you guys see that? And I was just like looking around, and all the sudden I saw something just move upright, saw its arm swinging. It's kind of deep as far as brush there with the trees with the different forage down there, and there was snow on the ground too, But that thing moved faster, and I've seen anything move. And I saw its head, I saw its arms swaying. It didn't look at me, but Carrie said it actually was standing by a tree and they made eye contact and then it just took off, and so carry goes, did you see that? And I went and I hesitated because I was trying to just process in my mind what I was seeing, because I was like, oh, my goodness, I am seeing a sasquatch. And then I said, yes, I saw it. And Todd was a little bummed because he was a little lower, so he didn't have quite as good view where he was because that thing just moves so quick between the trees, and then it got lost because of all the different other foliage from some evergreen trees in the area. And so I saw it probably only it seemed like a decent amount of time, but it was probably only about two seconds. And it was tall, because I thought it was shorter till you were standing out there on Sunday. And then I realized how much bigger it was, so I'd say it had to be in the seven and a half to eight foot range based on being there that second time on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages. So three to six months doesn't seem like a long time right in bigfoot Land. It's not very long because we've been looking for sasquatches for decades and decades and decades. But when you think about what can happen in three to six months, like, what would you do in three to six months? But I'm going to give me a six months go squatching squad of course, of course, and how much do you think is going to get done during that time in squatch? And you're going to see one in six months? Probably not, But in three to six months, what you can see if you're not going to see a sasquatch is thicker, fuller hair regrown from hymns our sponsor. Hymns. Not bad for just three to six months.
Speaker 7: What if you start using hymns now in six months, just imagine that thick, full crop up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because hymns will give you a convenient access to a range of hair loss treatments that work, all from the comfort of your couch.
Speaker 7: They make it pretty simple, man. They use real doctors, it's clinically proven ingredients on they use like finesteride and monoxaville.
Speaker 5: And I love that. I had no doctor visits because first of all, doctors who wants to go see a doctor? Nothing personal doctors. But also you make an appointment now you get in August or something. Forget that. So this process is simple and one online and I know you have access to the internet because you're listening to us right now.
Speaker 7: You can pick how you want to do it, like chewbowles, oral spray treatments, whatever, whatever you want. I mean, they can work with you in customersage, with your preferences.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like it could be a one time thing, it could be ongoing care. No insurance is needed at all, and it's all at one low price and that covers everything from these treatments to the ongoing care if you so choose.
Speaker 7: Well, now, I said, the proofson the pudding, and there's hundreds of thousands of subscribers that trust it and you know, give it positive reviews.
Speaker 6: So there you go.
Speaker 5: There's your pudding, thick hairy pudding. Search your free online visit today at hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 7: That's hi ms dot com slash beyond for your personalized hair loss treatment options.
Speaker 3: Hymns dot com slash beyond results vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidal and finasteride Prescription products required an online consultation with a healthcare provider who will determine if prescription is appropriate. Restrictions apply. See website for full details and important safety information.
Speaker 5: Now, when you saw this going down, One of the questions I want to ask you, after thoroughly studying the event, by the way, is when you saw it running, could you hear it running?
Speaker 2: No? I couldn't hear it running. It was just gliding. I mean I heard something you heard rustling that It wasn't like a loud like it's loud sound, And I think it's probably because the snow was helping to lower the percussion of it. And I was just amazed on how I've never seen anything move so fast.
Speaker 4: How far were you from it? And like how how long a distance you think it covered? You see it go for twenty yards or forty yards or.
Speaker 2: I think it covered probably twenty to forty yards, and we were approximately i'd say thirty yards from where we saw it. We were pretty close.
Speaker 6: That's close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was close.
Speaker 5: Actually I measured it when I've gone back there twice since I last saw you. The distance from where I met where the footprints were found and the road was sixty yard.
Speaker 2: Yards Okay, sixty yards Okay, a.
Speaker 5: Little bit more of sixty three or something like that, but it was about between sixty sixty five yards.
Speaker 2: Well, that helps explain it, because man, you know, when you look at see I'm not a very good judge of distance when it comes out being in the woods, and that just shows right there, because to me it looked like pretty close. But sixty yards that makes sense. But yeah, it was. I'm glad you got that. That's another reason I want to start measuring things and doing things so that we can get really accurate. So sixty yards still close though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Well you know what, I'm part of the thing, and I've been thinking about this kind of a lot, and I'm when we went out there on Sunday. Okay, so let's back up a little bit. At squatch Fest, you told me about this stuff, and I'm thinking, of course you saw a sasquatch. When I have a working obligation for the next two days and I can't get out there, that's the way things go. That's out. That's Murphy's law, which is why Murphy is called Murphy in our Bigfoot Museum. Something's always going wrong. Great opportunity, and I've got to work and shake hands and talk to people and stuff like that instead of going out to the woods. So anyway, when we got out there on Sunday, of course Matt and Emily prut they were guests at my home, so they came out with us. And of course, how cool is that to come out and you know, I'm visiting, visiting Oregon and I get to go on a sasquatch you know investigation that happened two or three days ago. That's pretty cool. But so anyway, we met you at eleven o'clock on Sunday morning after coming home from Longview and went up there and when you put me in the place that you thought it was, it was a lot closer. Well, the place you put me was closer than where the animal actually was. And we know that because we found footprints further back, So when you said you were guessing it was thirty yards or so in the woods, that was you probably put me at thirty or forty yards. And then nothing was there. So we looked around and we identified the trackway, we cut the trail. Basically, we found the track, so where the thing was running. I think I may have found the area where it was actually staying when the first visual carry I think saw it first. I think we found that area because there's a big push down area in the ferns where there's a little bit of snow still and all that jazz. You guys actually found the first track in the snow, which I thought was really cool as well. But what struck me is like, oh, yeah, usually the witness puts me in the wrong spot first, and very often it's actually closer to the witness than the sasquatch was actually standing. And I've been kind of contemplating that, and I think the reason for that is because they're big animals, and they look like they're closer because they're so big. But because this is a pretty big sasquatch. You said seven and a half eight feet tall. The footprints measured about fifteen inches, you know, so at least fourteen and a half, probably in the fifteen inch range, give or take a little bit, based on the you know, numerous tracks that we found in the ground. So that kind of occurred to me. It's like, oh, yeah, of course they're going to put me closer than the actual Sasquatch because you know.
Speaker 2: They're you know, pipsqueak.
Speaker 5: Little Cliff, who's five foot eight is a lot smaller than that sasquatch is, and they're going to think that the Sasquatch is closer because they're so big.
Speaker 2: You know, that makes perfect sense. And I'm just really glad that, you know, we were looking back and thinking maybe we should have looked at the snowprints, but it was like four o'clock in the afternoon and we had to get back to our hotel and long View, And I'm kind of glad due to the fact that our research capabilities are not up to your level at this point, though we're learning we might have just like destroyed the whole trackway. So I'm so glad we in a way. I mean, the only drawback was the fact that it decided to pour for three days, so it probably damaged some of the tracks a little but no, that was you know, I never expected I'd see it, but it was amazing.
Speaker 5: If you had gone out there to investigate the snow prints, you may have run into something unexpected because what we found is from the place where you guys said you saw it, it was running to your left. Okay, now tracking that a little bit towards the hill where you said that it was running towards another fifty sixty I don't know. I'm not very good at distance, so probably another maybe i'll say sixty or eighty yards or so, maybe one hundred, I don't know. In that direction I lost its trail. I have no idea where it went. But the last thing I found, and you saw this, and Matt Prue and Emily's Prude as all they saw this as well. The thing sat down that it did not leave the area immediately, at least I've certainly left the area eventually. But it did not leave the area immediately. Because we found the place in the ferns where the thing put its butt down. We didn't find a butt print, but we did find two actually three hand prints to the left and right of where all these ferns were pushed down. There was one on the right hand side and two on the left hand side. Now, some of you might be saying, wait, sasquatches don't have three hands. Well, you know one hand can touch the ground twice, right, So yeah, So there were three handprints, two in the left and one of the right of where the ferns were pushed down, indicating that the thing probably sat down next to this log in the ferns. So the thing might have been there just waiting for you to leave that if you had gone out in the snow to look at the footprints, you may have come across a little bit more than you bargained for.
Speaker 2: Well, that is good information. No, I'm really glad that occasionally we might listen to our inner self and saying, maybe it's not a good idea to go in there. I'm glad we didn't.
Speaker 6: A great idea. That's exactly you know, you want to go in there.
Speaker 5: Well, that's something that's something for us to consider. Like if anybody out there listening or you know, us here blabbing, if any of us see a sasquatch, like just throwing an idea out there. So we have a using a scientific method here, we have a little bit of data that the thing sat down. Yeah, I mean, I think it's safe to assume for Morton, maybe a few seconds or maybe a few minutes. Who knows how long. We don't know, but we do know it sat down. What if that is a normal behavior for sasquatches after they're observed, like they leave, they presumably leave the area and then sit down again. Remember, according to doctor Grover Krantz in his book Bob Tittmans tracked Patty after Roger and Bob saw the thing, and what did it do? It left the area and then immediately circled down again and sat down and watched Roger and Bob cast the prince or do whatever they are doing on the sandbar that day. Well, this animal, this animal split and ran off to the to your left, you know, towards the hill, and then sat down.
Speaker 6: How far was it?
Speaker 5: It sat down about sixty yards sixty seventy yards or more or something like that. That's it. Yeah, So what if this is normal sasquatch behavior. When people think that the sasquatch has left the area, they usually do too, because they're shaken up and a little scared at the time. But what if that's not happening.
Speaker 6: But Patty went for like a couple of miles.
Speaker 5: No, she didn't. She went a few hundred yards and went up the hill, well on that rock face where Bob tracked her down the hill or up the river and then up the rock face. And then that's where he stopped and turned around and went back to Roger. And then the thing went up at one hundred and seventy five yards from where Roger and Bob were and watched them. According to Bob Timmas and Bob Gimlin's account.
Speaker 4: I thought she went up like half a mile and cut up, or I think came back like a quarter mile and was overviewing him or something like that.
Speaker 5: Bob Gimlin said that he tracked her but by on the wet footprints on the rocks up the Bowling Alley north of the Patterson Gablin film site, to a rock wall that she scaled directly up, having gone up and down there several times. There's only one option for that that I'm aware of, at least, and it is about, I don't know, three hundred yards up up the you know, I'm guessing again. Distance is a little weird for me, but it's way it's before the turn up by Scorpion Creek. But the point is it left the area until she felt safe and then scooted it around. But what But again, data point of only two isn't much to go on. But I'm just putting that out there. What if this is normal sasquatch behavior, maybe we as witnesses and researchers are missing an opportunity to see the thing again.
Speaker 6: I think I think they always do that. I've always thought they just they don't just take off for miles.
Speaker 4: They just go till they're safe, and then they observe again because they're observers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this thing was not very far so anyway, pretty pretty interesting stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sixty hours, that's nothing.
Speaker 2: That's powerful information that has been unlocked.
Speaker 5: It's speculation, to be fair, it's just speculation at this point. But it's an interesting thing to check. You know, if somebody has the guts to follow the sasquatch a little bit away from where they observed it, maybe they'd find the things sitting there, hiding there, waiting for you to go away. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense because deer even do that type of behavior. I've noticed a lot of times deer will go a certain distance and stop and look around. So it shouldn't be surprising that sasquatch would do something like that too, because it probably figures we're out of its sight and it can just kind of regroup, and that is really good information. And it was hidden so well in that area too, So well, Bobo, I think I will in the future try your method.
Speaker 4: I don't always do that, but I just know that you're here, take off, you know, and then they just stop, like there's just not another sound. But I know that they can slip away like see, you don't know if they're there or not, because there's they can go so silent mode. But sometimes you hear like crush, crunch, crush, and they go off a distance and then they just there's just no more noise, like there's just they're sitting there. So yeah, but I don't think that. I don't think they run for miles. I think they just go to their safe they feel like, okay, I can watch. I can say if they look from here, see what happens?
Speaker 5: What No when you guys after you guys saw, I'm curious, put yourself back in that place where you're you observe the thing running from right to left. This a few moments passed and you're you're probably it's one of those like holy crap sort of moments. Right, What did you do immediately afterwards? Because this has bearing on sasquatch behavior at this point, So what were what were you guys doing immediately seconds and for the next few minutes after seeing the animal.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, we just kind of discussed it a little bit, like Carrie and I were talking and Tom was going, I didn't see it, and so then we walked We ended up walking up a little further. Actually, we walked up a little further around the bend, and then we said, hey, it's getting later because it was going to start raining again and we knew we had to make it up to long View, and so we just started walking down the trail again. And I was constantly looking over to my right now since we were going down the trail and they were too, and I'm just hoping that it would be flushed out some more.
Speaker 5: But there was nothing interesting. Okay, yeah, so maybe it's set. I mean I wish, of course, you can't tell how long something was there, unfortunately, but sure would like to know how long it watched, you guys for because it didn't run very far unless you know, there's another possibility that crossed my mind when I was out there looking at sign, unless there was another one there. We don't know that.
Speaker 2: So I think too the fact that when we got there Sunday and Matt found that Elk carcass too, and there was a lot and there was a lot of deer there too, as like it seemed like prime habitat. And so maybe that's another reason I didn't want to leave, because it liked its ground that it had staked there. I'm not sure. I don't know their behavior well enough, but yeah, and it's so ironic because here we're in northern California, getting closer and closer to some in our area based on just the ativity we're having, and it was so ironic, of all places I saw it in Oregon.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, So, so how long would you estimate after the sighting were you in the area after so you walked up a little further, you came back. Here's some discussion obviously, how many minutes do you think you were actually in the area.
Speaker 2: Probably close to thirty minutes, And we were just looking around and because we went up a little further and we would talk about it, and then we started walking down stop, look to our right, look for anything else, trying to hear noises. We didn't do any more tree knocks after that. We didn't hear anything, but and then eventually we made our way back down the hill and jumped into our vehicle and we were Actually it's kind of funny because when we drove by the NABC, we saw a bunch of cars there and Todd goes, hey, should we report it? And I go, now, I look at all those cars. Plus I don't feel that good. We can just talk to them at squatch Fest. And little did we know until later that Meldrum was there. And so that's pretty interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was January twenty fifth, twenty twenty four. We had an event here at the NABC. I was here, obviously, and doctor Meldrim was here, and so was Michael Freeman and Tom Powell and Ken Gerhardt and Matt and Emily Pruitt. All sorts of folks were here, just all sorts of people. And if you would have come, it would have been very disruptive to our evening. I guarantee that, because they said, all right, everybody go home. We're going to uprom the Hill right now. So in a way, I'm kind of glad you didn't come, because we would, you know, would have destroyed the entire evening. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: I wanted to get a little more description of what you saw. I like, color patterns, hair leang facial features, like the broadness of it, like a muscle definition, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, for me, it was kind of funny because Carrie, I said, what did it look like? And he goes, well, it was a really distinct brown with white. He saw some white like I don't know if it was on its chin, because he said it actually was standing by that tree and they made eye contact and so and I said, well, I looked at it as more like a reddish brown. But he found he started going through the internet and found a picture of one that's obviously an artist depiction. He goes, this is what I saw, and I go, you know, a long hairy because like I saw the hair hanging on its arm when it was moving, and I mean, it was just darting through those trees. I've never seen anything so quick. It's kind of a like a brown, a lighter brown that maybe was aging. I don't know, but I once we looked at a picture that he'd show me to go that's what I saw. So I saw its hair. I didn't really see its legs too well because it was moving so fast and because of the foliage the way it's set up. It was probably up to its knee or something or less. And then I saw its head from the side. It never looked at me, but it definitely had broad shoulders, long hair, and then I just saw that arm moving really quick and it was just gone in a flash. It It's so weird how your mind when you see something like that and you're just like trying to basically, Okay, what am I seeing. That's not a deer. I've seen a million deer hopping through the woods. That's not an elk. I've seen elk in the woods. It's not a bear. That is an upright creature moving swiftly. It just moved quicker than I expected. But I did get a good side view of it, and it had hair I would say probably in the range of six inches maybe a little longer than that. It had definitely a coned head, big head into broad shoulders, and I just saw that arm moving quickly and it was gone before I hardly could even just what my mind just saw. And I'm glad CARRY got a straight on view. And that's why when he said did you see that? And I hesitated, he was like worried no one else saw it because he lost it after it saw him. It just took off and he couldn't find it again. But fortunately I was up about probably thirty feet forty feet, so I had a really good view, better view of what of those woods over there that were to our left at that time. It was kind of my left right because I was kind of starting to look at it just take off through those trees, and I've just you know, they always say they're almost like gliding there so quick. That's that's what I would describe it, going in betawse between the trees, and I mean, I think there was a little bit of noise, but I think I was so focused on what I was seeing, I didn't even my auditory brain weays were not even just paying attention to the noise that was going on, because it just it's it's just weird when you actually see something like this and you're going like, wow, am I seeing what I'm seeing? But I knew what it was. There's nothing no animal I've ever seen done has done that, and I'm out. I'm a very outdoors person. I've seen so many bears in my life and other creatures in the wilderness, even seen a couple of mountain lions. Yeah, it was none of those. It was definitely a sasquatch and so kind of shakes you to your foundations when you see something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's funny. You're going to shock.
Speaker 4: Like you're talking before, Like your brain goes like a really quick rollot decks like.
Speaker 6: Like what am I looking at it?
Speaker 4: You go through like all the animals super quick, like no, no, no, no bear or no, well no, dear it just and then you're like, oh, like it just comes to me like, oh my god, I just saw a freaking squatch.
Speaker 2: YEP, it was kind of funny. A friend of ours had some pictures like a few days later when we returned from the squatch fest, and he goes, yeah, it's funny how people will say you misidentified it. He goes, I'm going to do a little experiment with you. And you had some pictures on a on a thing. He says, I'm just going to show you and turn it around and see if you can identify it. And he did it to me, and I identified every one of them in just that flash. So there's no misidentification here. You know, your brain process it very quickly. But yeah, I liked your explanation. Like a rolodex. That's just your mind is just going like what am I seeing? This is crazy because it just doesn't fit, doesn't fit what you expect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you know what might shake your cage a little harder. Think about how fast you saw the animal running. Okay, you've stated so several times at you were just kind of astonished. I guess at how quickly it moved. Okay. Now, there have been track finds that have a step length. A step, of course, is left to right or right to left, whereas a stride is from right to right or left to left. It's slightly different nomenclature here. There have been track finds with a step length of nine or ten feet or so, you know, give or take a little bit, which is you know what one hundred and twenty inches. Right, The average step length that I found in the trackway out there at your siding location was about fifty two inches. So it wasn't even running, you know, so I consider that it wasn't it wasn't all an ass wow. Yeah, So that if that doesn't shake your cage, I don't know what would. So you might have seen this scene going fifteen miles an hour or more, which is pretty fast for something in the woods, you know, but it they're capable of much much faster than that, especially with such long step lengths. So most of the tracks that we found were about fifteen or i'm sorry, fifty two or so inches apart, give or take a little bit. That that's what we were using for the tracking stick length is fifty two inches, and that's how we found most of the tracks. So even after you saw it, you know, and of course there were some areas in there where we didn't pick up tracks. The thing about this trackway like from the very as far back as we can track it to the very last place that we know that it was, it was. I did the measurement so on my GPS, I don't have the number, but I bet it was about one hundred and twenty or so yards, maybe one hundred and fifty two hundred yards at the most, So it probably ran just for a little ways, and there were there were three or four tracks in a row, maybe two or three because you saw me like, oh, here's the track, and I pointed, there's one, and there's one. That kind of stuff. We'd find two or three in a row. Then we'd lose it, lose it for a little ways, and then pick it up again a little further away. So maybe it was running, maybe did run the whole way. We don't really know. We don't really know, but we were using fifty two inches on the track and stick to find consecutive tracks. So when you compare that to you know, like you know, one hundred or one hundred and twenty inches, that's pretty nuts.
Speaker 2: That is wow. Just from what I'm hearing in the research you've done after. It just shows you are unlocking I think some really important things that we need to think about in the future when we're looking for these. I think we don't we haven't scratched the surface obviously, and just what the capabilities of these I don't know. I guess North American apes is what I would describe a sasquatch as but that is amazing.
Speaker 5: I wish that we had a really terrible storm a few weeks ago, and the further back I track this thing, the more obscured the possible prints became, to the point where under the trees there was there was like legit like an inch or more of furboughs and whatnot from the dug firs that in the area and whatnot, and the leaf flitter was everywhere. Anyway, It's terrible. It's hard track in this thing. And I'm not a good tracker, so I mean, there's probably sign out there that I miss, of course, But when you went back under the tree canopy where this thing came from, it came from the direction of the river, as near as I can figure, at least the first track in the trackway was indicating that if we didn't have that storm, I may have been able to track it back even further. But the ground was largely obscured under the furbows that had dropped. Unfortunately, I wish that wasn't the case, but it is so. But you know, one of those things.
Speaker 6: Did any fingers Some of those handprints.
Speaker 5: These handprints have yes and no, it was largely in leaf litter, you know. So that's the problem, and a lot of the research areas I've been working there is a good layer of leaf litter. Unfortunately, those alder trees drop all those big leaves, and sometimes you can see the impressions in the leaf litter, and then you remove the leaves and then like there's space under the leaves and that it didn't impress into the ground as well. So actually, I've been doing some experiments where I've been casting on leaf litter sometimes and then I've been casting after I remove the leaf litter to see if any indentations happen in the ground. And I'm not sure which way is any better at this point, because when you pour plaster on top of leaf litter, there's cracks in a leaf litter, and it fills in the space underneath, and a lot of times it just ruins any sort of definition that might be there. These particular casts, the three handprints, one of them is awful. You can't make heads or tails out of it. The other two are kind of interesting. The right hand side, the right hand literally the right hand when I poured it in, there a lot of the plaster leaked through the leaf litter and kind of made this big blob underneath, but you can see hints of where the see indications of where the fingers were above it. The other one was interesting and it was much closer to the soil, so it's actually a little bit better casts. But unfortunately, what happened on that one is I poured it. I poured it on top of I cleared off the loose leaf litter and where I thought it was in contact with the ground, I poured plaster on that and some did leak through. But you know what happened. The plaster went into a mole tunnel, you know, like the rod the moles, you know, like it filled up a mole tunnel. So I have like like a plaster can of this mole burrow underneath where the handprint was.
Speaker 6: So it's a handle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you would think that like the pressure of the hand would have crushed the moleborough, but it's just not the case.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 5: But that was also the hand that was further away from like from where the animal was sitting presumably sitting, So maybe that was just a touch on the ground real fast and not a lot of pressure happened there. I don't really know. But what's interesting is that that cast has almost like a two story sort of thing, like a two layer effect on it. The mole burrow is one layer, and then on the other layer, like closer to the surface, you can actually see the fingers. So you can see fingers in that one, but you don't get a good palm because the burrowing of the animal. Unfortunately, the mole was underneath it. But got I believe that the hands were about eight inches wide, so they were right in there what we'd expect. I suspect, I don't know. I suspect this is probably a male. I didn't you know it's a fifteen inch print. I think most male footprints are between fifteen and sixteen inches long. I think the seventeens are rare or slide in and outs, or that the you know, distortions of the impression itself. So I think, based on the eyewitness description and the footprints, that this thing was a male. But I could be wrong. I don't know. I don't know much about these animals. I just try to like to learn about them.
Speaker 2: I think we're learning more though. You uncovered a lot of history there that if you hadn't searched this find, we wouldn't know well.
Speaker 5: And I so appreciate you bringing us to the location. But whenever, and this is something for the researchers out there, I guess, including you, because you're a researcher, Doug, that when you go to a siding location with the witness, do everything you can while you're there, but go back later without the witness, and it's nothing weird. And I'm not saying you're a pretty suspicious, shady guy, Doug. I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that sometimes, you know, you learn what you can from the witness and then go without them and learn what you can without the witness there. Because we didn't backtrack it when you and I were there together with the pro. We backtracked it the next day when Keith and I went out there together. And if you can, if you can find more information without the presence of the witness, you can be fairly sure that the witness knows nothing about it, you know. And I don't doubt for a second that you saw sasquatch because there were footprints everywhere, you know. I mean, that's just one of those things, you know. But finding stuff without the presence of the witness, without the witnesses knowledge that that stuff is there, that adds an entirely new layer of authenticity to the encounter. And so I recommend every sasquatch investigator, Yeah, go there with the witness, learn what you can, and then go there later without the witness to see what you can figure out. I went there twice without you. I've been to the site three times now, coming back with casts every single time because this is a wonderful opportunity to learn a little bit about the local bigfoots in the neighborhood. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you've found those things, because you know, when you have a siding and you know you had it, but there's still that part of you like, Okay, was my mind just running wild or something, you know, because it just it kind of it's like you see yourself in a different state, you know, when stuff like that happens, and to have you go back and find even more, it just it's just like, Wow, I'm just so glad we told you because you're unlocking more information that we need to know about these creatures and why it's so imperative that we find it, so people just don't, you know, render it harm as some seem to want to do.
Speaker 5: I think we're lucky to find anything. I mean, you know how hard it rained up at Longview apparently did the same thing down here. So the rain was just dumping for two days basically, Peter, you know you saw it on Thursday. We were there on Sunday, Saturday. It was Friday and Saturday just dumped down here apparently, So we're lucky to have found anything at all. Of Course, the snow was all gone by the time we got there, or more or less gone. We did find that one print in the snow with the big toe and all that jazz. But I think we're lucky to have found anything, So thank you so much for reporting it so quickly and letting us have the opper to get out there before time. Erosion in the weather took care of all the data that could have been gathered that we did gather at the site.
Speaker 2: Absolutely cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking forward to go down here because I live like twenty mins from these guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bobs, we're gonna definitely plan on maybe not this weekend, but I think possibly the next weekend on a Saturday, where we're going to try to get up there, so we'll see if we can. We'll give you a heads up on it and we'll plan. Todd's all ready to take us in his truck and we'll head up and see what we can find.
Speaker 6: Well, I know, I no, thanks for coming on board. That's a cool story.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you got that setting, and I'm glad you got Cliff involved and you got some casts and it's like that's a productive setting.
Speaker 6: It came up with some results and part evidence.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just glad that we were I'm glad Todd talked us into going earlier so that we had a chance to do that. And it was really nice meeting Matt Emily Pruitt too. They're definitely hardcore squatches, you know. It's just nice to be in the community and get to know the different ones. And like you had mentioned, I know, we're wrapping this up, but I really appreciated, you know, Mike Freeman's story and that that was amazing just hearing the history of what he went through and all the findings It's just just seems like we're getting closer to helping people to realize this isn't just a fantasy, it's reality.
Speaker 5: It's hard to imagine a squatch your weekend than the one you experienced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's for sure, and I wanted to keep come common though.
Speaker 5: Well, actually it kind of has. On Friday, when I was up there alone, you know, casting the hand Prince and whatnot. On the way back up the car, I got a call from a good friend of mine who saw two sasquatches at the research location that I frequent. So, yeah, my weekend didn't stop with your stuff. My weekend's been going on for two weeks now and it's been crazy. I actually hope somebody doesn't see a sasquatch this week so I can have two days off in a row.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 5: Doug, thank you so much for coming on and sharing your story with us and the listeners. We really really do appreciate it. I can't tell you how thankful I am that you shared your story with me that Friday night at squatch Fest and allowing me to opportunity to gather information on the local sasquatches that are sometimes probably literally in my backyard. That really means a lot to me. And as I get these casts cleaned off, I mean, they're not pretty, but they're legit.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: There's some toes in these things. We have a little bit of information about this animal and to my knowledge, well, and let me say this, there apparently there have been other footprint casts taken on the ridge before going through the historic information this past week. Since you're siding, there's whispers of other casts that were taken in the general area. I have never seen one of them, so to me, this sighting is very very special, not only because these might be actually the bigfoots that are around my neighborhood, but also this represents the first time we're taking a look at some of these footprints of the animals there. And this is this is ground zero. This is where we start the interesting stuff. This isn't the question of if bigfoots are real are of no interest to me. I want to know how they live, and by tracking them is the only way to do it. And this is the first piece of data that I have in my possession that I can use for future reference if another trackway happens out there at lo Low Pass or something, or by Lost Lake or one of these places, I can say, Okay, is it the same animal that Doug and the guys saw back in January of twenty four and then I can compare the cast and that's where the real interesting stuff starts happening. So I want to thank you very much for helping me start my data sets on that particular ridge.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you Cliff, and thank you Bobo, and thank you Matt. Just looking forward to doing a lot more in the future.
Speaker 6: Awesome, all right, Doug.
Speaker 4: Well, looking forward to getting out there and hoping your good luck even having all these discoveries, I hope it runs off of me when I go with you guys, And yeah, folks, thanks for tuning in, and until next week, everyone you know what to do.
Speaker 6: Keep it squatchy.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond