Speaker 1: Welcome to Our Soul Whisper with Kathy Belmont and co host Doctor Pat a sacred space for self discovery, healing, and transformation. At the heart of our soul Whisper is the sacred truth. When we pause and listen inward, the soul always speaks. This show offers a safe, empowering space where those whispers are heard, honored, and lovingly guided into full expression. Each episode invites you to be curious about yourself and the reality you're in, while gently reminding you that you are exactly where you need to be. Let today's message settle in your heart, maybe even journal about it, and if something resonates peace, clarity, or insight, pass it along to someone whose soul might be calling for the same. Keep listening inward. Your soul knows the way Our Soul Whisper starts. Now. Hi, everyone, I want to welcome you to this amazing episode. I am the co host here with the most incredible Kathy Belmont. But first, before we go any further, I want to tell you that this is a show. What you're going to hear Kathy provides solutions, and what I mean by that is solutions to all of you out there. As a spiritual coach and so much more. The topics we talk about are topics that one show up in life too, that she has experience in working with people on. So today, right out of the gate, this is really important finding your true north, the walls in between. All right, Kathy, this is a good one, and it doesn't it doesn't really require a bit of an explanation, especially from where you come from the beginning journey for us today.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so yeah, thanks everyone, Thanks, thanks for being here. And I'm excited to talk about this because it's really it's it's recognizing those misalignments, like when we just feel something's off. And what I'd like to do is really have a conversation today about how to recognize these misalignments in general, and then looking at different aspects of our lives and so we have these something feels off, which can see maybe a little bit easier to at least identify what can be challenging. Sometimes it's what's underneath, what are those blocks and obstacles that are really keeping those misalignments those something just doesn't feel right in place. So that's what I'd really like to talk about. And then just a little exciting news for the next episode really talk about how we can then clear all that so we'll kind of get through what's holding this back, and the next week how we can really start living that life that we really want, that we're really yearning to express and be creative. And so, you know, the on the just a general level, some of these signs are you may find you're just living on autopilot. You're just going through the day. You know, maybe if work today looks so different, but say you're in an office, you know, you get up, you go to work, come home, cook dinner, do what you need to do, and go to bed, and so it's like you're just you're not really an active participant in your life. Or maybe people ask you so how you're doing, and you find yourself saying, well, I'm all right, or you know, I'm really stressed, or and you don't really you find yourself saying these but maybe you're really not identifying with what's going on, or you're just not you getting these gut instincts, but you're not listening, or you're taking the back seat to things. You know, you're putting yourself second to things in your life. And so a lot of how this can look is say, maybe in your work, maybe you're just constantly thinking about you know, I just I just don't want to be here anymore. And yet the next thought is you talk yourself out of it. Well, you know, I just should be grateful for this. Or you know a lot of people you know would love a job like mine, you know, or we feel more alive talking about other possibilities rather than what you're currently doing. Or it could even be feeling like where you're maybe you like what you do, however the environment you're in doesn't seem to match, and so that's kind of how maybe out of alignment things can feel. But if you think about how would you like to feel, what would all feel like in your work? You know, maybe you really feel connected to what you're doing, and you really feel like you're bringing some meaningfulness into what you're doing. You're able to bring in the creativity that makes you feel so alive. And then there's relationships. You know, maybe we're we're starting to feel like we we were once in this role and we've just outgrown it. It's just not who we are anymore. Or you know, I think a lot of us can relate to you know, we avoid those difficult conversations that seem to either rock the boat or everything seems good. I don't want to I don't want to disturb the peace, you know, or we really start feeling responsible for everyone else around us, maybe they're comfort or what they like rather than our own. And so what alignment can feel like in relationships when we kind of get past, you know, those obstacles, is you really you're able to express your thoughts and feelings more openly. And it may not be you know, it's not at the expense of but it could be you know, as simple as you know, I just don't really want to go to that restaurant today, and it may turn into a compromise. However, you've given yourself a voice. You're not giving it over automatically. And you know, the mutuality, this care and support goes both ways. It's not just it's not just one person always giving and one person always receiving. So that's what alignment can really feel like, and that's where we can get to when we start identifying where things feel off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because being out of alignment does not feel great, no, and we get signed to that and we're great ignorers like you know what I mean, like not denial, but it's great to just like ignore it. You know that stomach ache, you always have a headache als or you know you don't pick up the phone when Mary calls, you know, whatever that is, right, or you just tired of cook and chicken catchatory, whatever that comes, whatever format comes in, it's always a sign and indicator, isn't it?
Speaker 2: It is? It is And that's what we get to, you know, a lot into coaching, and especially the spiritual life coaching is we get at what are those what's behind the reason why you don't want to call Mary? What's what's that energy? What what are you what are you not saying? Or what do you not admitting? Or what is it that you're really not honest about? And you know it sounds, you know, like well what's the big deal? But those things add up. I mean they that energy just grows and grows and in it and it's really not just I'm going to say, it doesn't really just be in one part of our lives. It's we can look at all parts of our life life and see well where am I doing that somewhere else and so and so. In the coaching, we really get to what's behind that for you, what's the real reason, not maybe what you're telling yourself, but what's really underneath there. Sometimes it's fear, you know, worthiness some of those deeper wounds or experiences that we just were saying, no, you know, I'm not going to go there. And so what's beautiful too is bringing in that spiritual piece. And it's not you know, I don't work with people that are any religious affiliation, and truly people who want to get to that deeper meaning and connection and bringing in that piece of spirituality can be so enriching because you're allowing yourself to open up to some other possibilities that you're like, oh my gosh, I never thought about that before a while. What an awareness there? And so it's truly bringing that in and so really continuing with these misalignments, you know, maybe in our environment or our lifestyle, it could be maybe you're just living somewhere it just doesn't feel like home anymore, or you're feeling disconnected from things that you love to do, like activities or things in your community or things that mattered to you. And what alignment can feel like there is that you you can feel more moments of peace and contentment. You're not going against the grain trying to make something fit that just doesn't fit anymore, and you start feeling engaged in your own life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's so important to pinpoint these and then you know, also figure it out. For a really long time, Kathy, I dreaded Sundays, man, until I was able to figure out why. Now, there's nothing wrong with Sunday. And it certainly wasn't about church. When I was a very young child. You know, at age six years old, I was sent off to Catholic boarding school and every Sunday we would pile in the car and I would get dropped off, right unless, of course they forgot to pick me up on Friday. But I had to trace that back to why that was happening, and then I realized, I'm not a six year old child anymore. Right, Sundays are amazing. Now some people cannot stand Mondays. Whatever that looks like for you. What you're saying is, yeah, you got to become aware.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's becoming aware, doctor Pat of that six year old who may be still in that maybe stuck in the past like that, and we're still allowing that six year old to make decisions to where she just doesn't realize there's something better. She's not aware of that. And so you know, along with spiritual coaching, we can bring that integrated piece in two What how do we want to acknowledge that piece of ourselves It still dreads those sundays and has this attachment to what's going to happen and to let that six year old, no, it's okay, and that we're going to take We're the big person here, we know and we can allow you to be that six year old that just wanted to play and just wanted to So it's bringing that in as well.
Speaker 1: It's the game changer. You know, Spiritual life coaching is the game changer. And I want to say this. I was on an earlier show today and I quoted something from The Big Book. Now I say this for people to redefine this in your own way, because what Kathy and I refer to is we talk about spirit spirituality, what that means. It's whatever that means to you, really. But in the Big Book, in the second chapter we agnostics, which is not about agnostics. As a matter of fact, they mentioned God like one hundred and twenty two or something. But there's a quote in the book and it says God is either everything and again you can replace God like I did. God is either everything. God is. God is either everything or nothing. God either is or isn't. What shall I choose? So what are they saying? Spirit is either everything or nothing? And so what does that mean? That means having a coaching program that doesn't have a spiritual element doesn't really honor that phrase. And that is a powerful phrase in all of the twelve steps. Why because we know that it is the game changing factor. It is like the X factor plus a million. There are a lot of things we can do in life without it. But when we add that element into our coaching practice, which means into our change practice, which means into our behavioral practice, that's the magic. That's the miracle, isn't it?
Speaker 2: It is? And it's really getting in touch with a lot of times we've outgrown what was spiritual. Spiritual to us, I couldn't remember. I grew up as a Roman Catholic, grew up, you know, through the Catholic faith, and you know, I remember really early on saying Okay, yeah, I don't really connect with this, but I'll go through the motions. However, there was always this magical part, especially on Christmas Eve and the candlelight, and I would just it was such a magic to me that I held onto that. But where the spiritual practice comes in it, I just realized it just didn't fit for me anymore. And I began my journey into well what really does? And that was really part of honoring myself. And you know, I could have talked myself out of it and said, yeah, well I don't connect, but everybody else seems to, so let me just go with it. That's that's the difference. That's where we can stop and really ask ourselves, I am I'm really honoring myself here? Do I really enjoy it? Am I really inspired?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And so but that gives us the freedom then to really say I can work with this spiritual life coach Kathy Belmes, because you have that opinion of it, people and work with you and not be concerned. You know, we're not going to talk about this. And yet the most powerful element in transformation is what you do. It is extremely difficult with my thirty six years in recovery to do it without that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of times in when we talk about spiritual. I'll jump to kind of some of the obstacles. You know, we have these to them, we have these misalignments, and then we say, okay, we're out, but what's keeping us from that? And I'll jump to spirituality because you know, we think that we should have it figured out or that we should do on our own. And you know, you get to spirituality and what does that mean to you? And what is that deeper meaning for you? I know for me, it goes to something to my higher self. You know, I my brain works in a certain way, and I have beliefs that it's limited as far as what it can really come up with. I think it just you know, my higher self has the bigger perspective, and so if I can open up to those possibilities and allow that bigger perspective, that's what keeps me going. And that higher perspective may mean may send me some physical support to say, okay, Kathy, we're here, but you know, go meet up with this person. They have something that's going to support you. And so that's how it can work. It's really opening yourself up and then allowing whatever comes in to receive to direct you to what you need and spiritual life coaching. I just you know, I find it where it's changed my life in a sense that my conversations are different, you know. I when I'm not coaching, I speak to family friends from that perspective, I'm you know, what is it that interests you about that I'm not I'm gauging my conversations differently, and it's really awesome to see the the results of that. So it really it brings fullness to the client's life as well as to mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also doesn't it also help accelerate overcoming those obstacles because it didn't Einstein say akennthy abutor paraphrase Einstein. But didn't Einstein say, oh, by the way, we can not solve the problem at the level it was created. Yeah, And so we you know, people are like, well does Einstein, Well, we know what he meant. We know that Einstein didn't become Einstein without a spiritual tone in his mindset. And that's really what we're talking about, and so many others. We have to leave room for solving or getting to solution in ways that we hadn't thought about. But when we think about the many, many, many, many many people that have overcome obstacles. They do have a common factor. And it doesn't mean they believe in God. They talk about the universe, they talk about whatever that is. It is a higher vibration of something that is included in the solution and included in your work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know that that's a wonderful leading because when you talk about work, some objective objections that may come up in our minds is you know, I'm going to jump to what do I have to offer here? You know we think that maybe oh my gosh, there's so many coaches out there, or I know I had that question. I know in me the fire was burning deeply. It's like, this is what I want to do, And that second thought came in, well what do I have to offer? I'm coming in late in the game. Everyone's been doing this and I had to be. I was reminded that my life, my experience, my flavor is unique. And when I think about the teachers and the people that I listen to and that I learned from, I get bits and pieces from everyone. There's certain people that I just really resonate and love to listen to. But as I'm searching, as I'm searching for answers to some of my questions. Sometimes it you know, a teacher can say it such in a certain way that I've heard thousands of times, and it's I think it's two ways. One I'm ready to the way that they say it. So it's what honoring what you bring, honoring the fact that there are billions of people out there and we all have different tastes, experiences, we're all on different levels of learning, and so we have something to offer. You have something to offer to someone, and I like to believe that if we're given something to give, there's someone on the other side that's there to receive. Doctor pat you may have said that to me, but it's a beautiful thing to remember because it's that given receiving. So one of the things that coaching does is it helps us to reframe. And that's what we're doing. We're taking these objections. That's what's keeping us stuck and stop from doing what we really want to do. What are those quiet moments are they saying to us when we're washing the dishes, I'd really rather be doing this. I really would rather be more in tune with people. I can relate to her. Whatever that is for you. It's listening to those moments and then what are the objections and reframing them. You know, how can you look at things differently? You know, when we look at relationships, we may say we talked about this a little bit earlier, but maybe you know you don't want to hurt someone, or it's easier not to say anything. You know, by not saying anything, we're not honoring you're not honoring yourself, and you're not honoring your relationship. Because on the short term it may seem okay, things are at peace, but you know, nine times out of ten, that other person or those other people are feeling it too, because as this planet, as we get more in touch with energy, you know, we can all feel it. I don't think we can hide much anymore. We think we can. But those are the kind of things we tell ourselves. So the reframing of that is again this pretending it it doesn't it does. It creates distance and so to be able to look at it like, okay, well I want to say something now because this relationship is important to me enough where I don't want to create that distance. Or maybe you know, people expect you to be a certain way. You know, you need time. Another reframing is you need time to grow into yourself. Other people need time to get used to that you knew the new. Yeah, however, that's not you know, so those aren't reasons to hold yourself back, you know, allow yourself that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Kathy, that is one of the greatest challenges in people that enter recovery. I don't know if you knew that. You know, of course there are other challenges, but that's not that's not that, that's not the thing that really causes this, you know, uh, dissonance. It's here you are and you're starting to change, and you go out you tell people you're going to change, and of course they don't believe you because they don't see it, and you go down a rabbit hole about it when you think, how am I going to convince them? No, it is not our job to convince other people. It's what you're saying. You know, you know what you're doing, you know what you're changing.
Speaker 2: But in those.
Speaker 1: Programs, nine times out of tend Kathy, you have to let your past people, environments go. You really do. I mean, I move clear across the country, That's what I did. I mean, I'm not saying, y'all have to do that, but you understand, we learn a different level of discernment and we get this intuitive insight and that is spiritual. I believe intuition and intuitive insight, and that's what is blocked when we don't do what you're talking about today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know it when we allow ourselves to become aware of these where it feels a little often what's in our way and as we work through that, that's our kind of work. That's what we do. And once we clear that energy, you know, life says, oh my gosh, now it can come on in. All we have to do is get out of our own way and we allow that. And so to your point, doctor pat, when you talk about, you know, making the changes within yourself and you are solid and secure and yes, this is who I want to be today. Life is going to take care of the rest. And that's where we hear a lot about we don't have to worry about the how we just put out there, you know. So it can be very powerful. And I think sometimes when we talk about change and what's in our way and feel so overwhelming and we think, okay, well, once I get through this, now what Yeah, but it's really once we clear that energy and we get clear about what it is that we'd like. You know, I made a I made a decision about my work, and there was at one point where I realized I wasn't fully in. I was still had my foot out into safety and security. And I became aware of that and I was like, oh, okay, that's why that's why things aren't moving and grubing. And once I said okay, I'm going all in. This is this is what I'm doing, opportunities showed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I you know, I was. I received invitations and just my and my energy it was all in. So it can be very powerful. Just so as little that we've talked about before, those little degrees of change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all it takes. Kathy, thank you for today. How do people work with you? How do they find out more about you? And thank you so much? Leave us with your closing message.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can find me on ourso whisper dot com and everything is there. You're also welcome to email me at our sow Whisper at Gmail. I just want to say that, you know, life gives us those subtle signs and it's learning to listen to those. Yeah, and it's it's recognizing that amidst the fear, we can take those steps anyway to move us in. So next time we're going to talk about that, we're going to talk about getting some once we're now we're aware of what's holding us back, Let's get honest about it. Let's get firm and stand behind what we're aware of, what we've made a decision for, and then take those aligned steps to being who we want to be in this world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I like to say, game on, Kenny Bank, game on, thank you so much for everything again. Give out your website one last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, arsowhisper dot com. I love it.
Speaker 1: For those of you out there, this is part one. We're going to do a part two. Why because you're worth it. And you know, it's like Matt James says to me a long time ago, Pat, whatever you think you are, you're more than that. And I'm going to say that to all of you. But I want to say something to Kathy. I didn't get here without a spiritual coach. Kathy, doing this alone is beyond daunting. Thank you for your service.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank thank you.
Speaker 1: All Right, everybody, We'll see you next time. Thank you for listening to Our Soul Whisper with Kathy and Doctor Pat. Tune in every first and third Wednesday at eleven am Pacific on Transformation Talk Radio dot com and subscribe so you never miss an episode. Take a moment now to breathe in and reflect on today's message. If it brought you peace, clarity, or insight, let it settle into your heart and maybe even journal about it. Remember to like and share this episode with someone who's ready to listen within. May our soulful echoes ripple outward, awakening, awareness and deep remembrance. If this show touched something within, you.
Speaker 2: Share it.
Speaker 1: Let's create a world where most of us pause, listen inward, and allow our light to shine. Visit oursoul Whisper dot com for more