Speaker 1: Governors don't get to just talk theoretically. We have to solve problems. And I will note it's not just Somali's. Minnesota is a generous state. Minnesota's a prosperous days, a well run state or triple A bond rated. But that attracts criminals. Those people are going to jail. We're doing everything we can, but to demonize an entire community on the actions of a few, it's lazy. And as you heard Senator Kelly say, this president has cut a lot of inspector generals. He's cut programs that could help us tackle us on.
Speaker 2: So we are we'll take it on.
Speaker 1: We'll put folks in jail. I don't care what your nationality is, I don't care who your religion is, your color, if you're committing crimes. These are programs that were meant to serve students with autism, to housing, and to making sure people had enough to eat. There's a reason Minnesota ranks as the top lowest childhood poverty, best place for children to live. People are taking advantage that they're going to prison. That is totally disconnected with demonizing an entire group of people who came here fleeing civil war and created a vibrant community that makes Minnesota in this country better. But that's Donald Trump deflect demonies, come up with no solutions. He's not going to help fix anything. On fraud, my god, there's a big difference between fraud and corruption, and corruption is something he knows about.
Speaker 3: Those are the dulcet tones of Governor Tim Walls from Minnesota. And my next guest, who I'm looking at right now on our zoom call, is openly shaking his head and just you're making a face, John Justice, of what is it twin City's news Talk. I want to make sure I get that out. Katoka is the station, an iHeart station. You can listen online if you want. John, First of all, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 4: That clip you played has gotten quite the workout on my show this week.
Speaker 3: So I laughed out loud when he said that the reason this was happening is because Trump fired inspector generals. As if Tim Walls is going to let Trump administration inspector generals into the state of Minnesota, it is comically stupid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's our governor actually summed him up perfectly. He is comically stoopid the country. The country saw.
Speaker 2: That firsthand last year.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and we were all giddy when he was tapped to be Kamala Harris's VP, because the rest of the country got to see what a buffoon this guy is. Unfortunately, what we're dealing with now with the exposure of fraud that we've known about for a long time.
Speaker 2: That just didn't make it out.
Speaker 4: We all thought it was going to We all thought this was going to become sort of a centerpiece of a talking point of walls and he just completely escaped scrutiny last year up until these past couple of weeks when the dam has just broken loose in Minnesota is now the epicenter of the news cycle.
Speaker 3: So I asked John off the air, how long people in Minnesota in media have known about the depth of this corruption with the welfare system. And we're talking billion with a B dollars stolen fraudulently, a lot of which went back to fund Somali warlords.
Speaker 5: How long have you guys known about this?
Speaker 4: Well, if you go back to if you start with feeding our future, you've got to go back at least four years now. Along with feeding our future, we've had fraud within the daycare center system and then more recently the autism centers, health and Human services.
Speaker 2: But we've known about.
Speaker 4: This fraud being perpetuated for the for the better part of four years. It really has just been the dollar amount that's been growing and changing. And then of course the reporting by City Journal about a week and a half ago that went, you know, in depth with those multiple credible sources saying that Minnesota taxpayers are basically one of the biggest funders of al Shabab in Somalia.
Speaker 2: But we've we've known for years.
Speaker 3: So what's fascinating to me about this story. There's a couple of things. Number One, a lot of this money is actual federal taxpayer dollars. Let's be real, this is not isolated. The Minnesota taxpayer is not the only one footing the bill for this, because a lot of these were ARPA dollars that were being thrown out out you know, like like candy at or parade. And one of the other things that I find fascinating is the employees of Minnesota's HHS took to Twitter to throw everybody under the bus. They were like, we're not taking a hit on this we tried to tell the Walls administration, and not only did he not help us root out the fraud, he retaliated against the whistleblowers.
Speaker 5: Tell me about that part of this.
Speaker 4: Well, what's really interesting about that there's a one account that's associated with they say about four hundred and eighty different DHS employees. It's a fraction of the number of employees within DHS here in Minnesota. They've been blowing the whistle on this for a long time, but again, just like what we're talking about now, it just simply has not gained national attention and barely uplip when it comes to.
Speaker 2: Local news coverage.
Speaker 4: What's interesting about that, though, is I've been receiving phone calls for the past year and a half from DHS employees anonymously telling me what those DHS employees are now getting the attention for when I talk about the fraud within the autism centers and the other services that mostly pass under the DFL when they had complete control between.
Speaker 2: Twenty three and twenty four here in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: DFL is your Democratic Party, to be clear, because we don't have DFL here.
Speaker 5: What does DFL actually stand for?
Speaker 2: I couldn't remember, so Democrat Farmer Labor.
Speaker 3: Okay, So DFL is the Democratic Party in Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Continue right, So, and they're not associated with the farmers at all anymore. Why did they just carry that moniker as a badge of honor.
Speaker 2: So I've had.
Speaker 4: Employees, as we talked about the fraud on the show, tried to further expose it. I've had those employees telling me John, I work in DHS, we see the red flags, We saw the massive increase in the requests of funding that just simply is unnatural. We take it to our bosses and we get ignored. We say it's being looked at, we'll take care of it, or they just say, you know what, it's too big for us to deal with, don't worry about it. Thanks for giving us the heads up. Continue doing a great job. And that's why this whole thing has been allowed to perpetuate, because they're simply a lack of concern coming from the Walls administration and those employees being told ignore what it is you're seeing until the problem grew so big that it simply couldn't be ignored anymore. And by the way, you got an add ons to that billion, it's billions we're talking confirmed two billion, but we're looking at upwards of six billion dollars.
Speaker 5: How much is your total budget?
Speaker 2: Oh it's Oh, we're weird. We've blown. We've blown, We've blown plat all of that.
Speaker 4: So let me and let me share something with you that I just found out today, just a little quick nugget. I was just doing prep for tomorrow's show, so I haven't had a chance to talk about this on my show. We had a twelve billion dollar surplus. Going back to the past couple of years now, Walls had said that he was going to give that money back to the taxpayer. By the tune of thousands. We all got like two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 5: Bucks, and you should be grateful for it.
Speaker 2: That money is gone.
Speaker 4: It's been completely wiped out. Like we're looking at deficits now for years to come. And now what we're hearing is that these deficits that we're dealing with are actually potentially directly tied to the fraud that you and I are talking about, because we are just at the tip of the iceberg of what has been exposed with the fraud that has been taking place in here in Minnesota. So it turns out that this fraud may have actually wiped out that surplus single handedly, which is why that money's not there anymore, and we're looking at economic disaster in the next couple of years.
Speaker 3: No, we're runn by Democrats too, and we're in the same position. So it's not just the fraud, it's also the incompetence. John Justice, my guess from Twin City News Talk in Minneapolis. So the other part of this story that I find just absolutely incredible is that apparently the Harris campaign was warned before they chose Tim Walls and went with him anyway. What a stunning lack of judgment. But you know, we've all seen what Kamlo is all about, so it's not that surprising. How did that happen in your estimation, here's my.
Speaker 2: Hot take on that.
Speaker 4: That is indicative of the number of individuals that did not want to join Kamala Harris's team.
Speaker 2: I think Walls was the last resort.
Speaker 4: I don't think they had a choice.
Speaker 3: She was the only one in the room because he stopped to get a snack, and they're like, you're it.
Speaker 4: When you go down the list of the potential picks that she could have had, Yeah, you know Shapiro and knew some None of those guys, they all knew.
Speaker 2: They all knew it was going to be a disaster.
Speaker 4: Now, Walls, I mean, he was the equivalent of the kid on Christmas Morning bouncing down the stairs to the Christmas tree where he was asked wearing a bunny costume.
Speaker 5: He was wearing a bunny costume at the same time.
Speaker 4: And I think that he was I think he was excited because he was eager at the possibility for as slim as it might be, that he that they would actually win and he wouldn't have to be governor of the state of Minnesota anymore because he knew that this was coming down the road, the very thing that we're talking about today, Well, you.
Speaker 3: Know, to my point about how did this happen? And I think if you go back and watch the entire interview with Kristin Welker from Meet the Press, which is where that soundbed I played at the beginning of this interview, her first question was not about billions of dollars of fraud. Her first question was Trump called you a mean name. How does that make you feel? How does it make you feel? And if that doesn't clearly demonstrate what the media is all about. They will never admit that they got behind a whack a doodle presidential ticket that was thrust upon the world by some cabal of democratic leadership. We still don't know, but I just got a text message on our text line from this said Mandy asked him about the controversy about the Somali that raped the twelve year old girl in Minnesota. And I think this is a two part question because I just shared the story of a guy who raped two women, pleaded out, and then raped and kidnapped another woman who appears to be of Somali ethnicity perhaps or definitely not from here. But what you're the DA situation, the judge situation.
Speaker 5: I mean, you guys have a Soros DA as well.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, Hannapen County Attorney Mary Moriarty, she's a true social justice religious zealot. I mean, this is her religion for her, and she has perpetuated this revolving door of criminality.
Speaker 2: Through these social justice policies.
Speaker 4: Now she's not running for reelection now and she's doubling She's now doubling down on these policies which keeps putting these criminals back on the street. You know you mentioned this individual is getting off. We just had a judge who had let me back up for just one second. If you could, just if you could just bear with me, want to back up for onead. So in the clip you played, Walls makes the comment of well, you know what, I'll take credit for putting people behind bars. He has not put anybody regarding the fraud behind bars. This was all done by the former US Attorney Joe Thompson. As a matter of fact, the one individual that was convicted under Attorney General Keith Ellison here in Minnesota was just released by an activist judge after a jury convicted them.
Speaker 2: And so now people are wanting.
Speaker 4: An investigation, an investigation of this.
Speaker 2: Judge because the jury and the jurors.
Speaker 4: Have been interviewed and they're going, I have no idea why this judge would have gone and let these fraudsters off.
Speaker 2: We convicted them.
Speaker 3: I saw an interview with some of the people on that jury and they said, this wasn't even close. It wasn't even like it was like a three hour deliberation, and everybody was like, guilty, guilty, guilty, And they're stunned about this. And I do think that those questions need to be asked, because it certainly looks hinky, as they say on Scooby Doo. Now, how much of this is based on the successful deployment of the race card by Somali immigrants who are being charged for these crimes.
Speaker 4: Well, this has been it's a really difficult topic to navigate, right when you look at the amount of seventy six percent of the fraud that we have caught and prosecuted has been perpetuated by the Somali community, But it also is just a fraction of the Somali community. That being said, when it comes to stay like autism centers, you have families being.
Speaker 2: Bought off in order to have their names, the.
Speaker 4: Names of their children enrolled in these programs so they can commit to fraud. So you have this happening within the community as well. So the fear has always been that and I think the Walls administration and Democrats here in Minnesota may have been afraid to actually go after these fraudsters when this started to erupt, when the funding, you know, increased, requests you know increased, because they were worried that they were going to be called racist and fraud and racist.
Speaker 2: So they figured, in.
Speaker 4: My estimation, the gamble was when and if this gets exposed, it'll be other people that will process it then and we won't have to take the heat for being called racists. Those other people will be And this is where we're at right now. Thankfully with the comments, you know, the really open and honest comments of Trump even yesterday talking about Ilhan Omar and the Somali community here in Minnesota. Whether you like what he said or not, it has opened up the conversation to continue to be able to be frank and allow the conversation being honest about this is being perpetuated by a majority of individuals from the Somali community, and people have been very, very afraid to talk openly about that.
Speaker 2: And you know, as a host, and I'm a host's.
Speaker 4: These are difficult waters to go and navigate because you want to talk factually about these issues.
Speaker 3: You know, in Colorado, we've imported forty thousand Venezuelans they just walked over the southern border during the Biden administration. And though many of them are here because their country sucks and they want to support their family and they want to work and do the right thing, we also imported a good chunk of nice criminals who have taken over apartment buildings and murdered people and broken you know, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 5: But it does. I'm so tired of saying, Okay, it's not everyone, but when you.
Speaker 3: Import people from a third world failed society, right, And that's why Trump says it's a garbage country, it is a garbage country. There's nothing that works in Somalia. Gay people are still murdered, there's no functioning government, women don't have rights they I mean, there's all of these things that make Somalia a garbage society. But ultimately you're also importing some of those cultural issues. How much of that are you seeing in Minnesota, that clash of.
Speaker 4: Cultures, oh, one hundred percent. And that class of cultures actually is embedded within the Somali community itself. There are different factions within the Somali community and it may be one of the reasons why the Somali candidate Omar Fat lost the mayoral election because after now that the election's over and Mayor Jacob Fry won re election, the word is now that there were there were factions within the Somali community that were that were against each other this. Oh really, they could they could not agree. So you're absolutely right. And let me add something to this, And you make a great point with the situation that you're dealing with in Colorado with regard to the Venezuelans, we have, you know, a large you know, immigrant no population here of different you.
Speaker 2: Know, ethnicities, different, Yeah, of ethnicities.
Speaker 4: And we're not dealing with this with other groups of ins We're not dealing with this. You're not seeing this to be a systemic problem among all immigrants. We're seeing this being a systemic problem within one particular group, which speaks to exactly what you were talking about.
Speaker 3: Well, it's fascinating and I don't know if you saw it, and I don't know if it's true, but holy cow, from a talk show host perspective, please let it be true that Mike Lindell jumped into the governor's race in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Is it true?
Speaker 5: Is it true?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: We have like fifteen candidates now that have announced their Well, let me just say.
Speaker 3: This, so and I'm leaning in so I could tell John this and so no one else can hear it. Even though I've already talked about it on the air, John, I had Mike Lindell on my show because my producer Anthony, who just dropped off the zoom call I might, forced me to do the interview. Dude's breath. It was like he ate dead bodies before he sat down with me.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He has some serious dental issues, so if you're interviewing, maybe off him a mint right when he comes on, Like, hey, would you like a mint?
Speaker 5: Here's a ticktack? Would you like a tiktak?
Speaker 2: I don't think Mike's coming on the show any times.
Speaker 4: So that had the opportunity to talk to him in the past, and you know, listen, he's had a very you know his background, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his life story is fascinating, fascinating.
Speaker 2: He's an incredibly eager guy.
Speaker 4: That being said, he has no business running for office, and it's unfortunate because people actually go and get.
Speaker 2: Behind him, and they really really shouldn't. They really shouldn't. You know, the guy's had his time and he should stick with his pillows.
Speaker 4: I'm wearing his slippers right now, actually, so he should stick to making his slippers and his pillows and get out of politics.
Speaker 2: But unfortunately, yes, he did say that he was running through.
Speaker 3: One of my Twitter followers did quote, and I did say, and I quote.
Speaker 5: Don't on Mike Lindell.
Speaker 3: Anyway, John, justin Twin Cities News Talk. I appreciate your time, man, I've just this story's fascinating and I think that this is probably being replicated in different parts of the country by immigrants who are not here to do the right thing and build a better life and take advantage of the American dream. And we got to get him out.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 5: I appreciate your time today.
Speaker 3: And I still I was thinking about your former co hosts yesterday.
Speaker 5: I still miss that guy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Still miss him, all right, man, John, I'll talk to you soon.