Speaker 1: This is a lapsed fan living dangerously two thousand special Report. You should have known when we started talking about the court case involving Mike Awesome in Part one that we weren't going to just let that sit. What do we tend to do, Boss? When there is a documentation?
Speaker 2: We go to court, We go to court.
Speaker 1: Let's crack open another docket as only TLF can. Because you're co chairman again, and the umpteenth example of us putting the money you give to us back into the cast, got resourceful and pulled the entire case file out of the state of New York where ECW, through its attorneys, seeks to block Mike Awesome from jumping to WCW with the ECW World Championship in two thousand. It's all here, it's all laid bare, and it's all worth it because we know that over ten years of TLF, you've demonstrated an appetite for us going hardest on the smallest details. And it's quite it's quite liberating, isn't it, Boss, to know that if we take this kind of time to pull this kind of stuff and read it into the record here in the pod, that the people actually have an enthusiasm for it, not just a tolerance.
Speaker 2: Well, it's that, and also just the fact that that you know that there is a there's a home for this that's a little.
Speaker 1: More perfectly put out there exactly. There's a home for it, and we're going to surface it because we have the resources, we have the know how, and we have the ability to discern what it is we're looking at. And by the time we're done, you will too. So this is all of the all of the exhibits as well that are considered relevant to making the case. We're about to talk boss for the first time on TLF about our first ECW contract. How does that look? I don't care for a company yet, for a company notorious for you know, handshake agreements and nice extremely contracted wrestling. Maybe well, of course, it all starts with the memo. We just did it on greed, writ Diana Myers, dashing off letters to Hogan's attorney with these phony offers to appear at the last pay per view so that certain provisions of the contract don't kick in. And here it all starts with the memo as well. This is dated April tenth, two thousand, which, of course, if I'm if I have my math right, the first Russo Bischoff Nitro was that date. So they're just about to do their big reset. And this is dashed off from the law offices and the lawyer retained by Paul Hayman and ECW firmed by the name of Hoffinger, Friedland, Dobrish and Stern PC. So when you see that in an envelope, you tend to open it. Oh yes, indeed, and who's who's it first addressed to?
Speaker 2: Mister Ted Turner sending this all the way to the Tool Organization Championship Wrestling.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Like the fact that the fact that he's listed as like not even as a head of of of Turner network. It's like they fucking he's the head of w CW.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Vince isn't the only guy who wants to pretend that Ted Turner.
Speaker 2: I've been telling all that the whole time. I've been telling people, you know, the ECW knows who's in charge of w cw' mister Ted Turner.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so great. So you heard Mike Assam kind of describe the state.
Speaker 2: It's your turn, Turner.
Speaker 1: Someone's gonna make a turn. Yes, he saw Mike astome describe kind of the legal quagmire he found himself in. Let's dive right in to exactly how that was character right. So here's the letter from ECW's lawyers to first of all, mister Ted Turner and the rest boss. Please serenade the solar system with your one of a kind reading skills, and please forgive and advance my interruptions which will absolutely need to make appropriate inations.
Speaker 2: Dear mister Turner, Now, we have written to you in the recent past in with regard to WCW's potential activities regarding Chris Candido, Tammy Sich, and Terry Brunk aka Saboo, each of which were at the time under contract with ECW. Saboo still be under contract with ECW to the extent that it was learned WCW may have been seeking the services or of any or all of such persons.
Speaker 1: So the Saboo one I get, we met, We reference that about Paul, Yeah, and he's talked about it, Paul blocking him from going and beginning of two thousand, I did not know that WCW is this letter indicates, made a play for Candido and Sich before they came in in two thousand that was similarly blocked on contractual grounds.
Speaker 2: That's wild, that might be new news.
Speaker 1: I'm not intimately familiar with everything those two have ever said on shoot interviews and the like, but apparently there's a pattern of behavior even pre Saboo that this move to bring in Mike Austin fits into. Now. Of course they would get their way with Candida and Sunny as well, that they followed Mike Austin shortly thereafter into WCW under the Bischoff Russeau regime.
Speaker 2: At that time. We also advise each of such persons at their contracts contained exclusivity clauses precluding them from rendering services WCW in any capacity while still in a contract ECW. Any instance, WCW was shurt ECW that WCW would not or was not going to use any of the services of such persons, presumably due to the existence of valid contracts. ECW has learned over the weekend this weekend of a possible affiliation between WCW and Alfonso, So.
Speaker 1: They only heard HI about it the weekend before. He was great to show up the shofs back to his old tricks man. He wants to play the Medusa thing again or the Luger thing.
Speaker 2: To the extent he may appear on WCW's Monday Night Nitro programming to be aired in the East Coast at eight pm. ECW has also learned Alfonso intends not only to appear as a WCW employee or independent contractor, but may use ECW's property in connection with such appearance, namely ECW's Heavyweight champion belt.
Speaker 1: So there it is, in black and white confirmation that Wow, not only did they have reason to believe Austin was jumping, but that he was going to make use of the ECW Championship belt on WCWTV.
Speaker 2: Accordingly, please be informed as follow. As number one, Alfonso was a party to a valid independent contractual agreement entered into as of September nineteenth, nineteen ninety nine, which provides for interalia interalia, which that's.
Speaker 1: A legal term, all right, it's like all inclusive basically.
Speaker 2: Interalia performance by Alfonso of services quote exclusively for ECW, yes unquote, and which states he quote shall not directly or indirectly be employed by, perform services, or engage or be connected in any manner with any other individual entity or wrestling business unquote.
Speaker 1: Wow, so that's pretty clear on exclusivity now. So number nineteenth, nineteen ninety nine. You know what that date is significant, the date of Awesome signing the contract. No, that's the date they put the ECW World title on him and an archy rules.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So they papered the deal before they strapped him up.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So you can see him signing that and sign this. By the way, Mike, we were so excited about tonight. We're so excited to put the belt on you and have you represent ECW. We just need to just for initial real quick sign it, yeah, sign it? And hell, Hogan's on the phone, right, Hogan's on the phone telling Mike to jump broll.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: I don't I wouldn't believe those contracts there. They were not a napkun brother, dude, how can you you know? Brother, here's the thing about I mean, if the whole business isn't work right exactly, how contracts have to be away to come out? Shoot about Paul's gimmick contracts? Dude, I mean, come on with brother, Come on, dude, you know what is your lawyer? It's like his dad's a lawyer or something. Brother, What I love about ten h is. We heard him call Rob Van Dam's radio show to do one of these recruitment deals. We actually heard what it sounds like when yes Ogan tries to convince someone to jump hilarious.
Speaker 2: You know, brother, we're just kind of you know, we're hanging and banging. Dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing We're really excited about where things stand, but we're just missing that.
Speaker 2: Piece, you know, we're just kind of taking that next step. You're trying to take on the next level.
Speaker 1: Brother, hu Hunky, Hucky, you're on the radio, negotiate with me, Hucky.
Speaker 2: We're trying to get awesome, Mike Hogan, all right, so we can have the We're gonna have the whole Commania Brothers, right, you know, that's I think where we're at.
Speaker 1: Brother, that's our thing. Is going to take w CW back to number one Comania Brothers hasn't been tried yet. And for a reason, what's deal point two that ECW's attorneys want to inform WCW haven know in certain terms.
Speaker 2: Number two, Alfonso has been performing under the agreement since September nineteenth, nineteen ninety nine, and has been compensated thereunder and it's not properly or lawfully terminated the agreement. Number three, Alfonso may currently be in breach of the agreement. Number four, The agreement is currently in full force and effect. Number five Alfonso failed to appear at an ECW event this past weekend in Buffalo, New York.
Speaker 1: That as a part of the story, we did not really emphasize that he no showed a couple of ECW shots, which gave them the hint that something was up.
Speaker 2: Bitch, No showed exactly all right. Number six Alfonso has verbally advised an ECW representative from an port in in Tampa, Florida. Brother, Brother, you're hanging and banging, dude. How do they know your location? Dude? I'm reading the memo, Dude, did I got well? I was C seed on this uh on this legal letter? Brother?
Speaker 1: You know people in the clerk's office, Dude.
Speaker 2: You know? Did you know I get C seed on all of Ted Turner's correspondence?
Speaker 1: Bro, I get see seed on everything filed in this courthouse in Manhattan, even if it had nothing to do with me.
Speaker 2: Did you you understand brother, that I actually get C seed no matter no matter the case, brother, on every single uh. Uh? You know every single case that goes through every single law firm. I also get seed in the country. I also get C c's at the Disaster one clinic. Did I get C seed in my ass something? From?
Speaker 1: How do they know you were in Tampa?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Do I have to worry going forward? Brother that when I kiss all you on the ciz L phone that you know, every Tom, Dick and Harry in my business knows I'm calling you, brother.
Speaker 2: I'm brother. I just want to know exactly who it is you've been TI talking to, dude, you know who gets the tis brother.
Speaker 1: Exactly, exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm just sitting here wondering. You know, here I am. I'm Hulk Hogan. You know I'm trying to I'm saying, hey, you know what we need? We need awesome Mike Hogan, come in, brother and part of become you know, the new whole.
Speaker 1: Here I am, I'm Hulk Hogan, like to Mike Assam, basically a family member, all.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, I'm just I'm sitting here down And what's the name of that I can't think of the name of the street he lives on.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, bel Air. Bel Air is the section of Tampa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever, I'm sitting down.
Speaker 1: That's the one in Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Though, no, the it's a weird name. I can't think of it. But here, I'm dude, I'm just I'm just chilling at the Tampa House. Brother. I'm I'm thinking myself, is is awesome Mike Hogan? Really that awesome?
Speaker 1: Right? Suddenly? You know, suddenly I found myself having to wonder that, you know, suddenly I'm wondering El Dorado Avenue? Is this that's the new one?
Speaker 2: It was a weird it became with the W or something.
Speaker 1: Oh became of the W. Huh? I think so the bel Air Estate. Oh yeah, will Adele yea love the house.
Speaker 2: The dude, I'm sitting here, you know, I'm sitting at the willadel House. Brother, I'm thinking, you know, what's Mike awesome? Actually? What's his agenda? Dude?
Speaker 1: He tells this guy, I'm hul Cogan, But he also says the Willadell House like someone who knows what the Willadeale House means would not know that he's hull Cogan.
Speaker 2: I just, you know, I just want to talk Turkey with awesome Mike exactly, and see you know what the diz is, brother? You know what's the diz with awesome? Miss? That's funny?
Speaker 1: What's it dizz with miz tis? Do you got w riz? Brother?
Speaker 2: Whoa? You know? You know, I'll say what do you know what? Maybe you and I brother the con doles thing back in. You know, maybe I got to get a six pack? Brother, You and I go to the gold gym.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: It's called hanging back, Dude. It's gonna talk this out.
Speaker 1: Brother, And it's like, by this point, you're like, talk what out? I don't even remember how we got started on this. It's because it says in the memo from an airport in Tampa floor.
Speaker 2: Think of this, think of this too, you know. You know Hogan gets this, obviously gets c C these letters, all right, So he gets this letter in the mail, and then I picture him at like a wooden desk, you know, glasses. You know, he's like sitting back, is kind of like flipping through the pages. What's this dude? Hm hm hm real brother, Yeah, totally totally. I'm not sure, dude, mm hmmm, I don't know what's what? Who's there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is he talking to the papers?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: H Like I'm reading this thing. It sounds like your contract's legit, dude. You sure there's not a clause in there that says they have the right to wire tap your phone? Dude, and know everyone who's calling you? Brother, But I.
Speaker 2: Want to know, I mean, bro, I just want to know, dude. I want my address had a public record, brother, Brother, it doesn't say here, dude, I'm just worrying. In this contract that you signed with ec W, does it say that by signed on this contract we're gonna wire tap Hulk Hogan's phone?
Speaker 1: Is that a clause? Brother?
Speaker 2: I mean, I have to deny it, brother, haven't. How can you tell me you're just kind of You're just kind of sitting here, brother, just I'm talking mean, silent dude. And here I'm trying to help you get to that next and here, I don't know what. I think CCW has tapped my phone and I think you had them do it.
Speaker 1: And we're not leaving this room until you've convinced me otherwise.
Speaker 2: Brother. I will hold you here, brother, against your will, dude.
Speaker 1: I'll do didn' contempt, dude. I don't care if I go to got to go to Nitro and leave you locked in this room, brother, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: I will I will hold you in contempt of Hulcomnia. Brother, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I've been held in contempt of Hulcomania. There's a fucking shirt coming at my a million miles an hour. All right, So what about this at this airport?
Speaker 2: According to the memo, Oh yeah, Alfonzos verbally advised an ECW representative from an airport in Tampa, Florida, that he is traveling to another venue and we'll be engaging in services for another wrestling entity. Almost immediately, Oh.
Speaker 1: You're traveling to another venue, are.
Speaker 2: You, Sonal Willodell? Dude? Yeah. Number seven, Number seven a Tampa, Florida radio station. Would it be a about Junta.
Speaker 1: ECW veterans? Father? It says?
Speaker 3: Father.
Speaker 1: The buck follows.
Speaker 2: A Tampa, Florida radio station broadcast at a news report stating Alfonso will be appearing in WCW's April tenth Nitro programming.
Speaker 1: I hadn't heard that before that they actually said it on the radio.
Speaker 2: Number eight. Demand has been made of Alfonso for the return of e CW's property, namely the e c W Champion Belt. By the way, I love it, says, Champion Belt by the way number nine, Neither Alfonso nor obviously W was authorized to in any manner to display air or evidence of the belt on ww's programming, or in any manner whatsoever.
Speaker 1: So Fon, So a question for you is beginning this deposition, did you have any intention on April tenth, two thousand, of evidencing the ECW title on WCW television. I already know what you mean by.
Speaker 2: That, brother. You don't have to ask that question, dude. I object to that questioning.
Speaker 1: Mister Hogan, get under deposition right now.
Speaker 2: Brother. I'm gonna talk about deposition dude. I'm talking about snapping you it half. Brother.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about hiding the nine back surgeries, dude, twelve depending on what you count.
Speaker 2: Dude, we're talking about gott't been through depositions, dude. But dude, I've been depissed by every place.
Speaker 1: I was gonna hit you with I did that position or something I don't know would have been as good as that.
Speaker 2: You can do the dipizzle, brother, And I'm going to tell you right now, depo. All right.
Speaker 1: Well, you know the thing about the word depositions is it just doesn't work. You have to rephrase it to depot scizizzle, because when you do, I just remember that brilliant La law thing you cut for TNA. It's so true. It's these guys walking around talking about lawyers in the courts and legal games.
Speaker 2: And doing walking talks in the back like a TV show.
Speaker 1: Really, it's like a preface to TNAH and that this is evidence of Hogan like playing little lawyer games right and learning the ways of the law. The finding that second half.
Speaker 2: Of his life absolutely consequently, given the prior contract contacts by this office on behalf of w W and the events regarding ECW and the events regarding Alfonsa referred to above, ECW is considering seeking a temporary restraining order and or preliminary injunction for an appropriate federal court restraining not only Alfonso's appearance in WW programming, but the use of the belt while seeking enteralia damages for tortuous, tortious interference with the contractual rights of third parties. Hey, I'm here all about it? I heard third party. I'm here to talk about conspiracy, breach of contract, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Well, good, I'm glad you're here, Jess. I don't recall inviting you, but I'm glad you're here. Did I hear something about the driver rights of third parties?
Speaker 2: Let me well, when anyone, when anyone says third party, I end up showing up like a genie in a bottle.
Speaker 1: Anyone want to talk to me about the rights of third parties?
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, you know what we all talk about contractual rights. You know, we talk about unionizing all the different things that need to happen.
Speaker 1: We talk about no no clue who we is, no fucking idea. I mean, as a society, I have a week I have a weekly meeting where people discuss the opportunities of contractual rights for third parties. I have a weekly meeting where people discuss the opportunities for the contractual rights of third parties. It's the National Third Party Rights Protection Association, the NTPR. A new trumpaw Trump now TRAPAE. That's something you wear a polo too with a lanyard on right, Oh God, with a little son and logo.
Speaker 2: Oh you like that?
Speaker 1: You get like chicken tenders from the convention center kitchen for you know, during the break from in between breakout sessions.
Speaker 2: Do you have curly fries? Big fan of curly fries? Do you have them.
Speaker 1: I like sheez. Calm down, sir, you didn't give me a chance to answer. I like them curly.
Speaker 2: You know, I enjoyed the spice that goes into a curly fry.
Speaker 1: Oh so here's the premise, right situation. You guys, at some point in your hours and hours of ten years of podcasting, start talking about how Jesse is a big enthusiast of the spice that's put onto curly fries to make them curly fries. Now, granting that as being the case, the trivia question is what subject would lead you to that discussion.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be one of those, uh, one of those moments that people are trying to find the episode because they have no fucking clue where it could possibly be like that.
Speaker 1: To be a colisseum collection because he suited them over being on the videos, it's got to be a show, he commentated on in WW for WCW. No, it's the episode we did where we read Mike Awesome's BCW contract and it happened to be the word third party. How dare they.
Speaker 2: Don't they know?
Speaker 1: No, they don't.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: It also says what does it say after third parties? By the way, conspiracy of contract kidding me, conspiracy on top of.
Speaker 2: It, third party conspiracy.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you who's the big kahuna in this deal?
Speaker 2: That's what I want to know. I want to know exactly who the big cahune is, where they've been, what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Now, who's the big sal on this deal? Hey?
Speaker 2: You know what I want to know exactly who Who's Who's who's feeding everybody that chalcolate? Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that what that is that everyone in the locker room is eating. It looks white, not brown. Is it white chocolate?
Speaker 2: It's white chocolate from Belgium. The foregoing continue. The foregoing an neither claims our actions. The ECW takes lightly and prefers to and prefers not to have to take steps seeking injunctive or other expedited relief. I'm less justified. The foregoing dissertation sets forth such justification unless WCW denies any involvement with Alfonso and advises Alfonso it is not now and will not in the immediate future, use Alfonso services or the bell. Therefore, please write to the end assigned for receipt no later than one pm New York Today time, New York Today time, yeah, I know confirming WWA will not be using Alfonso live or by tape on its programming, including but not limited to Nitro, on April tenth, two thousand, for any hour, any of the time.
Speaker 1: You might be wondering, well, like Austin did appear in that Nitro, so how did this go down? This is all leading towards a confidential settlement and the terms career that awesome can appear if you do. I'm sure there was a payment, you know, I'm sure that helped Yep. And you know you agree that he can come back and lose the ECW title in an ECW building at a future Yeah.
Speaker 2: B will not be using ECW Savyweight Champion belt live or by tape on its programming, including but not limited to Nitro, on April ten, two thousand, or at any other time. And see it is not interfering in any manner and in any other manner with the ECW's contractual rights with Alfonso.
Speaker 1: Longtime fans, remember where you were the afternoon of April tenth, two thousand. You know you're reading the websites. You know that this is a big relaunch Nitro with the Bischoff Russo erastarting. You've you know, you've been along for the ride with the hype, and that afternoon you're thinking about what they're going to do tonight on Nitro and looking forward to it. And meanwhile in New York State and their lawyers are frantically because it's dated April tenth, putting this letter together so they can rush at the courthouse to try to stop Mike Austin from showing up that night. Just love it so much.
Speaker 2: Failure to receive such an absolute written confirmation will force a CW to seek an addition to the relief referred to above damages in excess.
Speaker 1: He's trying to wipe out all the debt in one legal maneuver.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: It really is what's that number you see there.
Speaker 2: In excess of one hundred million dollars?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I understand how they arrive at being damaged to the tune of one hundred million dollars. If Mike Austin goes on Nitro with the title have they have they ever? I mean, what do they have that's worth? Now that's a value the company?
Speaker 2: Is it that much? I would have figured it's less, But okay, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: The company is worth less. My point is it's it's it's that andsome. Yeah, based upon m should have told Vince, by the way that he can get a hundred million dollars for Brett going with the belt back in ninety seven.
Speaker 2: I'm sure then it will. Oh my god, go ahead and take the belt. See what happens. I'll justign a new one, bring it out a Nitro pal it anyway, fucker, among other things. A plan based upon, upon other things, a plan, a scheme or designed by w CW and or Alfonso do one tomine destroy a negatively effect ecw it's organization, employees, independent contract is and like please take the advice contained.
Speaker 1: Here and seriously, great fucking sentence.
Speaker 2: This is not intended to simply be a threat, but a promise of action if an appropriate denial is not timely received.
Speaker 1: That sounds like the Paul Haman promo on TNN.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is not intended to simply be a threat, but a promise of action if an appropriate denial is not timely received.
Speaker 2: This time is of the essence as a result of the timing of the Nitro programming schedule to air tonight. Very truly yours, Stephen R. Stern.
Speaker 1: It was dictated apparently, and C seed is Paul Hayman, Steve Corell Carroll. They pronounce it Carol and I say Steve Corell is the actor.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: But that was a guy who was sort of like a shadowy figure around ECW. I remember one time Just Incredible did a k Fabe commentary's documentary and he was like, as far as I know, this guy was mob like. He would just be around and like, you know, I think Just Incredible's wife for time work the ACW merchandise tables at the show had a job doing that, and he would called it, you know, a couple of times or at least once where the words just like, just give Steve Carroll all the money, Just give it all to him, all the money that you collect for all the T shirts. Just put it in his hand.
Speaker 2: Sounds like chas pulmonary and in bullets over Broadway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does it? What he does that he collects T shirt money?
Speaker 2: Well, No, he's basically just a guy standing in the I mean he he's a guy standing in the corner, you know, kind of watching things go down, right, and then involves himself when necessary.
Speaker 1: It's the kind of thing you do, like that sight unseen without accounting for it. It's just that's what you do when you owe the person that's collecting more than way more than this in the envelope.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're just we're just trying to keep the floodwaters at bay. Here's the loan shark. I don't know. I mean, I'm not trying to say that, you know, it's it's at all settled fact that Steve Carroll did that. I'm just saying when Justin Credible said that, I thought that was really interesting, seem naming it and also Ccedan Tcherikowski Esquire. Now Jean Tcherikowski is funny because when guys stopped getting paid towards the end of VCW, they would often get bounced around between Haym and his assistant I think her name is Debbie and this guy and like he was people didn't know who he was, Jean Cherikowski. It's not like he'd go to the shows and people actually started to wonder, is there a Jeene Tcherikowski? Like Wow, does this guy even exists? This guy they keeps wow, telling me has the answers on where my money is, but I don't know, you're not seeing him on legal correspondence like this that you don't really intend for the public to see if he doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: So I guess, oh maybe maybe, well maybe they're trying to keep it, you know, keep it h I don't know, keep it, keep it real in a way, keep it real. Yes, it's completely it's completely bullshit.
Speaker 1: So there had been a letter as well on April eighth, two days before that, one to w CW, this one to UH to Mike ast him himself, and it's address now you know, it's intimated there in that letter that there had already been, you know, an understanding that this was happening, and they were in contact with Mike Austome trying to figure out what the fuck he's planning to do by missing these shows. And two days before they sent to a memo that says, you know, we've reviewed the agreement. Don't forget that that exists. And you were supposed to appear on April six, two thousand in Cleveland, in April seven, two thousand and War in Ohio, and April eighth and Buffalo, which was a TV taping, and so they they highlight the pertinent parts of the contract that they say, you know makes you exclusive to us. They say, in and a telephone conversation with Steve Carroll, you stated you did not intend to appear at the Buffalo event ECW Buffalo event, and that other things are going to happen. So this, this note sort of signed by Eugene Trakowski by the way, who was alone with them, kind of lays out like the fact pattern of we talked to you, and this is what you told us, and this is why we have reason to file suit because we documented what you said back and forth. Here's the exclusivity clause, all the rest. Now this will be we'll get into that a bit more detail, because they're affidats filed by Carol by Paul Hayman and others in the lawsuit. That's just the letter like kind of threatening the lawsuit. But there's reference made to this contract. And I never thought we'd see one of these babies. But it's funny because one thing that happened in the middle of all this, not this particular episode, but this time period in ECW was Steve Corino's contract. His ECW contract somehow got leaked to the newsletters. Really, yeah, Yeah, he talks about it on its our video shoot interview. I don't remember it happening at the time. I think it was it was referenced on Meltzer had a hot line back then, and the discussion makes me think it was on the hotline, but not necessarily in the print newsletter. Nonetheless, you know he viewed it Karino to hear him talk about it as kind of a game to kind of, you know, establish some kind of leverage. You know, you usually leak contract details when you feel like someone's getting too big for their breeches or you want the public to kind of turn on them by being realizing what it is they're getting, you know, And he was like pretty pretty appalled. Just one day everybody knew the details of his contract. Paul of course swore to Steve Corino's face that he did not give it to anybody. So maybe it was Gene Tcherkowski, who knows.
Speaker 2: It'd be amazing.
Speaker 1: But here is the independent contractor agreement. In the spirit of you know, our Saturday Nights Made event Night ninety two episode where we read Ultimate Warriors contract. Yes, let's keep that up. Let let's add to the TLF contract database and understanding of the the eyes and no's and the ex's nose, I should say, of wrestling contracts at the end of time period, independent contract or agreement.
Speaker 2: Do you have it?
Speaker 1: There were page twelve of our.
Speaker 2: Document, page twelve. All right, so this is what they look like.
Speaker 1: This is what Mike Austin signed the Day of Anarchy Rules nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: So generic contract number one, the hold on one second, sorry, okay, independent contractor agreement. This independent contractor agreement be quote agreement unquote is made and entered into as of September nineteen, nineteen ninety nine by in between h HG Corp, a New York corporation located at sex as Elia Court.
Speaker 1: Well let's not yeah, let's leak, right, So this is uh hhd is the corporation that was foreign to you know, run ECWS.
Speaker 2: Me, the uh the horrible Hayman Group maybe figure trying to guess something.
Speaker 1: I remember if someone ever's it's got to be one of the books what that stood for. But all of a sudden, people started getting contract checks that instead of saying extreme damge of wrestling and said AHHG Corp. And they were like, what the fuck is going on? Here, just cash it and call it a day. Well, if it bounced, that was the problem, they'd be glad to gash him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Michael Alfonso professionally known as Mike Awesome, whose address is redacted, for an inconsideration of the mutual promises and agreements contained here in another good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledge, The parties hereby agree as follows one services letter a ECW grease to retain the services of wrestler As stated in this agreement, Wrestler Grease provide the following services the quote services unquote number one up here and perform as a professional.
Speaker 1: What is he to do?
Speaker 2: Appear and perform as professional wrestler at events, including, without limitation, live and tape television shows, pay per view telecasts, live arena shows, and any other promotional events as may be determined in ECW's soul discretion.
Speaker 1: That's such a rich phrase. Appear as a professional wrestler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dimensions don't actually be ar wrestler, not real you The peer is one number two. Appear at all events, at time and place as designated by ECW.
Speaker 1: This is interesting. This is listed but crossed out, which means that I guess he you know, took a look at the deal and and uh redline did a bit but ride.
Speaker 2: Number three provide all wardrobe, props and makeup necessary for his performance at any event, provided, however, all such items shall be subject to approval by ECW prior to their use in an event. That sounds like an ECW redline because it takes out an obligation away from them. So cooperate with and assist in activities not to be counted as events intended to public, size, advertise, and promote events, including but not limited to, media interviews and other publicity appearances as determined by ECW in its sole discretion. Number five perform such other services as may be reasonably requested by ECW. Wrestler agrees to use his best efforts to perform the services in a manner consistent with the customs of the professional wrestling industry and consistent with the discret directions and advice of ECW. Wrestler shall perform such services as and when requested orally or in writing by ECW from time to time.
Speaker 1: I have to say from time to time. So that's bizarre when requested.
Speaker 2: Wrestler agrees that ECW shall have the soul right in its exclusive dirtch discretion to levy a fine against wrestler as an offset to payment for services due if wrestler is tardy, fails to appear at an appointed time, or appears but is under the influence of.
Speaker 1: Alcohol or Samman didn't sign this yeah right, or drugs, and is unable to properly perform his duties under this agreement. To quick a couple of notes. So, first of all, ten nine bitch, Yeah, we're very much there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I don't work for you. A Are you gonna play my employment taxes? Am I title to health insurance? You're gonna pay the Social Security for me? Well, can't be putting all these requirements on me. I'm a independent contractor. I come and I do my job as I the best way I'll see.
Speaker 2: Listen, you're not fucking tell me when to be there, right, Jesus, that's ridiculous, fucking independent contractor ten ninety nine.
Speaker 1: That's what I'll write on your time sheet. That's what he wrote on the TNA time sheet, because they wanted guys to write down when they got to the building, like clock in he wrote ten, Yeah, I mean this fucking unbelievable.
Speaker 2: The brass Cahones that's so true, said he lives for a fight, like he would much rather fight about that than actually do the job.
Speaker 1: You know, he's one of those guys, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he much rather be in like a.
Speaker 1: You know, he'd much rather be in like a grievance meeting than actually be on the floor doing the work, you know. Yeap, So we have we have a couple of things. One, it's funny when Vince talked about how you'd be paid in the Warrior contract, remember in in in accordance with the customs of the wrestling industry. Yes, like, there's like this formula that all these exactly exactly. So this kind of shows up again a manner consistent with the customs of wrestling. It's not in regards to payment, but it's in regards to sort of what services a promoter can reasonably expect of a pro wrestler, in addition to, you know, with things such as media appearances and non ring appearances. Now, while that's all crossed out. Point three about the wardrobes, there is something It says that there are a handwritten notes at the bottom of this page. Yes, one is you know, the Roman numeral three was much be that cross through and it says out omitted and it's initial pH which has to be Paul Hayman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it appears to be and m A as well, Mike Awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michael Fonzo probably good call, excellent, Yeah, right, showing they both agree. And FORER point four, which is the one where it talks about how he'd have to participate in interviews and publicity appearances, they wrote for a dendum limit four days per week. And it's signed by pH and Mike Austome. So apparently they couldn't require them to do that kind of stuff more than four days a week.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Moving on, Wrestler agrees at ECW shall have the Soul Ride in its exclusive discretion to levy fine against you. I said that one already b in connection with Wrestler's performance of the services, Wrestler grants ECW the following exclusive world wide rights one to arrange Wrestler's performance or appearance at events, arrange arrange number two to sell or distribute admission tickets for all events yea. And this has to be in the contract. Yeah great, if you fucking sell the tickets, I'm not going to do that. Good job. Number three to publish, distribute, broadcast, photograph, film, tape, or otherwise record or authorize others to do so in any and all available media, any or all of the events. Any such recording of an event shall be referred to as a program. And Number four to use, exhibit, license, and distribute in perpetuity any or all of the program or any part of a program. ECW and Wrestler acknowledge and agree that they have entered into that certain merchandising agreement of even date herewith, of even date herewith that means, with respect to certain specified merchandising activities, Wrestler expressly acknowledges and agrees that the rights granted to ECW in section one B four shall continue in effect after the termination, expiration or non renewal of this agreement.
Speaker 1: That means, you know, when when this contract expires, we still have the right to exhibit, you know, all the tapes of what you did.
Speaker 2: Yep. Number two independent contractor.
Speaker 1: Let's read this closely. Hey, you know they wone have a monocle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me get my fucking magnifying glass for this one wrestler, in the performance of the services agreed to and this agreement is an independent contractor, all right, now the performance Yeah, all right, I'm thinking that I get it. I get it. You don't want any fucking responsibility, all right, And the performance of disagreement, Both ECW and wrestler shall be acting in their own separate capacities and not as agents, employees, partners, joint ventures, or associates of one another.
Speaker 1: I'm not your employee, I'm not your agent, I'm not your joint venturer.
Speaker 2: All right, you're a claw. Ain't for me?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: And this was the next sentence is crossed out but is listed.
Speaker 2: Yes, wrestler is responsible for all of his expenses, including without limitation, medical expenses, training expenses, props, wardrobe, makeup, and other expenses necessary to perform services under this agreement.
Speaker 1: So yeah, making the wrestler responsible for you know, expenses is of course part of the tradition of wrestling as well. Fascinating that it's crossed out and initial by Hayman and Mike Awesome. I wonder how many guys that thought they were top guys at East Stubby didn't have that cost out. Yep, I bet he was the only one.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he was. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing wrestler acknowledges that as between ECW and wrestler, wrestler shall be solely responsible and liable for the payment of any and all withholding or other tax levied assessed to do as a result of the services which are performed by wrestler under this agreement.
Speaker 1: Tell me where I have to be and when?
Speaker 2: And you're not even offering with holding services I mean ship, dude, you know fucking W four my ass. He would have been a great manager for IRS. Oh my god, can you imagine? Oh shit, dude, you're an independent contractor? Yeah, I can't fucking just yeah whatever, I'm not paying your fucking taxi dude.
Speaker 1: What is uh? What is Kevin Nash's favorite Japanese fight promotion?
Speaker 2: What? K one? My fucking schedule K one? Baby?
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah, I'll be there. You had a schedule K one and then you had the K one schedule. What was the show where they said VI Nash's favorite Japanese promotion is K one must have been like New Blood Rising two thousand. Let me tell you it's certainly not the K one show. Fucking did.
Speaker 2: No I know.
Speaker 1: The prime suspect. No, that's also the mic Awesome contract episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah uh. Compensation as full and completed compensation for the services ECUW shall pay to wrestler, and wrestler shall accept the payments subscribed on Exhibit A attached here too and incorporated herein by reference number four.
Speaker 1: Ownership of work product, ownership of human being, or how about ownership of worked product? How about that.
Speaker 2: All work product themes, routines, characters, storylines, property, data, documentation, or information or materials conceived, discovered, developed, or created by wrestler pursuing to his To this agreement, including without limitation, the program ms collectively, the work product shall be owned exclusively by ECW to the great to the greatest extent possible. Any work we can't go that fast.
Speaker 1: This one's good to keep going.
Speaker 2: Any work products shall be deemed to be a.
Speaker 1: Here's a T shirt.
Speaker 3: Fire up the kiln, baby, we're cooking with gas on this. What does it say, work made for higher? Put a ring on the shirt, work made. I gotta, I mean, I gotta write these down already. I mean the ship work made for higher, interaction made for higher wrestling contract.
Speaker 1: I would, oh my god, talk about four words. I would never think to arrange in that order. And and just how deep, how deep with double and triple on tendres it is when you're talking about pro wrestling. I like how they have rights to all routines, not just product deams, characters and storylines routines. So I wonder if they could like claimed dominion over like, you know, a series of moves that Mike Awsam would do, or a series of gestures he would make.
Speaker 2: What was the other one? Oh no, there was in contempt of full Commania? What was it? I find you in contempt of full Commania.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, brother.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, okay, all right? Uh work made for hire s to find. In the Copyright Act seventeen USCA one oh one, esquire sequence Stupid has m ended and owned exclusively by e CW Wrestler hereby unconditionally and irrevocably transferms and assigns to ACW all right title and interest in or to any quirk product, including, without limitation, all patents, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks, service marks, audience marks.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, that's another one.
Speaker 2: And other intellectual property right therein. Wrestler agrees to execute and deliver to ECW any transfers assignments of documents. I have to do this.
Speaker 1: When they used to do tribute to the troop shows. Yes, what's a word you could use for the audience?
Speaker 2: M Uh marksman, that's good one.
Speaker 1: Now you just read it.
Speaker 4: Service marks, service marks, Oh God, service marks, fucking idiots?
Speaker 2: Uh, documents or other instruments which ECW may deem necessary or appropriate from time to time to vast complete title and ownership of any work product and all associated intellectual property and other rights exclusively to ECW during the performance of the services. Wrestler shall be responsible for any loss or damage to any pork product while in the possession of wrestler. Wait, Wrestler shall be responsible for any loss or damaged any work product while in the possession of wrestler.
Speaker 1: What is that any I guess anything that like, if he has a tape, or if he has a prop or if he has a title belt or something and he damages it and it's damaged, whil's in his possession, he's responsible. I wonder if that was a Chris Jericho's contract when he left the fucking aw title in the parking lot at the Apple Berria, whatever it was.
Speaker 2: There, you go and they'd stole it, and any loss or damage there too shall be restored at wrestler's expense. ECW shall have full immediate and unrestricted access to all pork product during the term of this agreement.
Speaker 1: Here's a handwritten note four A. So that's in Denver. The section it's handwritten, ECW acknowledges Alfonso's ownership ownership of what do you think that says? O name likeness, name, name and likeness. That's the name and likeness at all of Mike Awesome at all of Mike Awesome Wow. So he can take the name. They're not claiming he was Mike Awesome before this.
Speaker 2: So five Compliance with laws, rules and regulations. A wrestler agrees to comply with all applicable, applicable policies, rules, procedures, and regulations adopted from time to time by ECW time eleven time will adopt. It seems to be an important clause. I guess I don't know that's there. If they like try to impose something every two hours, you know there's a certain limitation too, and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances. Six gurgitations. What is it?
Speaker 1: I think that's says. I don't know what that says. Something in warranties. Maybe representations and warranty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, representations and warranties. Wrestler hereby represents and warrants to ECW. As follows, a wrestler has the full power, authority, ability, and legal right to execute and deliver this agreement and to perform his obligations here under b wrestler has all legal rights, power, authority, and ability to convey the work product to ECW.
Speaker 1: So, you know, some call it working, some call it performing, some call it competing, some call it entertaining. ECW contracts call it conveying.
Speaker 2: The work product. That's right of all of all the things that extreme, you know, extreme mpsy dressling. You should not be talking about it as a work product.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable, best conveyance of work product of the year, YESSO match of the year.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, who conveyed the best work product.
Speaker 1: Promotion of the year.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, this agreement constitutes the legal, valid and fully binding obligation of wrestler and is enforceable in accordance with its terms D. The execution, delivery, and performance of this agreement have been consented to and authorized by all individuals or entities required to consent to and authorize the same. Will not contravene any law, regulation, judgment, or decree applicable to wrestler, and will not cause or result in a breach or of or default under any other agreement, contract or understanding to which wrestler is a party. E. There are no pending claims or litigation which would or might interfere with the performance of Wrestler's obligations or the enjoyment of ECW's rights under this agreement.
Speaker 1: This one's fascinating indemnification. It's there, but it is crossed out in its entirety.
Speaker 2: Yep uh indemnification. Wrestler agrees to him, demnify, defend, and hold harmless easy w it's directors or officers going for that. Yeah, no way, and their respective agents, officers, and employees against any and all suits, damages, expenses, including without limitation, court costs, attorney fees, and aligable costs of in house council of in your house council.
Speaker 1: Right, I was going to say before it talked about the execution, delivery and performance of this agreement. Bredheart's contract said the excellent execution delivery.
Speaker 2: Damn right it did. Now I wonder if a new.
Speaker 1: Jack's indemnification clause was also crossed out. Something tells me it wasn't. Yeah, tells me he wouldn't be successful if you try to sue e w if he could never walk again after living dangerously two thousand.
Speaker 2: Loss his liabilities and claims any kind caused by or resulting from any breach of this agreement or any other acts or omission of wrestler, whether the same maybe the result of negligence will full act responsibility under strict liability standards and the other substandard conduct or otherwise.
Speaker 1: A huge thing for him to delete. For Mike awesome, Yeah, I'll say, I just know it being dated in anarchy rules the day they put the belt on him. That just tells me like they're in a scramble, you know.
Speaker 2: And almost agreeing to whatever the fuck he wants.
Speaker 1: Pretty much. Yeah, like any little thing who's gonna quibble about they would they would just cross it out.
Speaker 2: Eight terms and termination a unless sooner terminated in accordance with the provisions of this agreement. The term of this agreement shall be described as an in shall be as described in Exhibit A attached here to and incorporated herein by reference B. Wrestler may terminate this agreement upon the occurrence of any material breach of any provision here up by ECW which remains uncured for a period of ninety scratch that, thirty consecutive days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's huge because when they were to go to the mat with like Saboo and stuff over the contracts, they would try to make the case the wrestler would that you already breached the contract and the amount of time passed that you didn't cure the breach, so I was free to go and pretend that I didn't have a contract. That's like the game you play. Hogan did the same thing. You remember he did the same thing in the Vince Russo lawsuit where he was like, Yep, contract isn't valid. I'll cash I'll cash millions of dollars of checks that are only being sent to me because of the contract. Yeah, but it's been it's been breached. I'll totally and I'll still cash the checks after the breach. It's an effect for that, but it's not an effect for the purposes of uh yeah, you know, of controlling me and so yeah, like you said, it says ninety days to cure, but this crossed out and says thirty initial Paul Hayman might assume Michael Fonso.
Speaker 2: See this agreement shall terminate automatically upon the death or incapacity mixed that of wrestler.
Speaker 1: How fucking ECW is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean if you're going to like put a clause in an ECW contract that negates the whole thing if someone's incapacitated, like you're gonna have me go out there and try to incapacitate myself every every single night and not be protected.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Some Mike got that crossed out.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's good to know. Like maybe new Jack's agreement, you know, had that crossed out because it terminates if he dies anyway, Yeah, right, it's fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: The ECW may immediately terminate this agreement upon the occurrence of any material breach of any provision to hearo by wrestler.
Speaker 1: That's what everybody to know that in four years or two years, when people start talking conversationally, like did you know that ECW contracts terminated upon the death of the wrestler, and they use that as a laugh line and that everyone always knew that.
Speaker 2: You just know that it was started here. It started here.
Speaker 1: We're not going to be we're not going to say more about it than that. But people within the sound of my voice know the significance is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know, you know they know d ECW may immediately terminate this agreement upon me a currents of any material e. During the term of this agreement, wrestler shall perform the services exclusively for ECW, and shall not directly or indirectly be employed by, perform services for, or engage or be connected in any manner with any other individual entity or wrestling business.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it says or business and they wrote in with a little mark wrestling business.
Speaker 2: So signed pH Yeah, because without.
Speaker 1: Wrestling in there, it could be like, you can't appear, you know, you can't make money running a hot dog stand, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, you can't. Yeah, exactly, you can't make money, you know, flashing your dick around on the corner.
Speaker 1: Sandman.
Speaker 2: Try further in the event that at the end of any term as provided here in ECW desires to enter into an agreement for any further term, but wrestler does not wish to do so because he has received an offer from a competing wrestling slash sports entertainment organization or entity.
Speaker 1: I got an offer from WWF. My contract is says I can't go to work for any other wrestling company.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. We're an entertainment company.
Speaker 1: I have to worry about that.
Speaker 2: Pal.
Speaker 1: I had Jerem McDavid look it over.
Speaker 2: And we do.
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 2: They're athletically induce entertainment induced.
Speaker 1: Imagine if all these years that was the real reason that he insisted on calling it sports entertainment so we could get around clauses that restricted but wrestling companies could do.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't doubt it. I wouldn't doubt it at all. You know, we we we we inject a little athleticism in our entertainment, but we are not a wrestling organization. We are entertainment.
Speaker 1: Wrestling is a opponent, of course, of what we do. But that's like saying, you know, a Hollywood studio is actually in the the movie camera business, right, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I mean cameras are used to make motion picture wrestling is used to make sports entertainments, used to make entertainment of a sports or athletic nature.
Speaker 1: I think we win sports or athletic nature. You tell me why athletic had to be added there. I just love this stuff, man, this is so fascinating. You know, can I say TLFX like this is exactly what? Yeah, this is the kind of shit you know you sat me down before the podcast existed. I would want to find this and read this and understand this and absorb this. But I never would have done would no, of course not. There never would have been a reasonable justifiable reason to sync that much time and resource into something. And that goes for just about every wrestling book I've ever read, That goes for every wrestling shoot interview I've ever watched, That goes for so much wrestling archive that I've watched and become familiar with. That's the magic because we know that on the other side of the microphone are people that are like, do it, do it, do it, do it, and here are the money that proves that we want you to do it.
Speaker 2: I have bought and read more books.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, yeah, what about cinematic Exactly like.
Speaker 2: If you go, if you look, and not even like obviously entire books. But I've learned so much information from all these fucking things.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you are the wind at our sales solar system. Yeah yeah, yeah, you know what I mean, and you just happened. You happen to bet on the horses that fucking do it.
Speaker 2: I would never I mean I would never know nearly as much stuff. I mean, listen, I mean I would never have sat through you know, I'll think of something that I actually enjoyed. I would never have sat through all the war games shows great example, you know. I would have never done that.
Speaker 1: I would have never gone through world classes systematically as we do.
Speaker 2: Never never, ever, Nope, I would have I don't think. I mean I knew it was there and the excited me before we did it, but I was like, I would never.
Speaker 1: Really you'd watch like two or three and you drift away, you know, yeah, yeah, there wouldn't be like this this use to put it to that's what you need. Creative people need that they if they're gonna do work, it has to be in further into.
Speaker 2: An outright right right.
Speaker 1: Fuck it tremendous long mad indeed, and.
Speaker 2: Then then uh further in the event that at the end of any term and I said that already agreement for any further term wrestling sports entertainment services to a social competing he must indicate or entity. He must indicate the same in his written notice of non rollover to ECW, and further not provide or agreed to provide professional wrestling slash sports entertainment services.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is exactly what he tried to do. This is this, This clause is exactly on the nose.
Speaker 2: To such either competing wrestling organization or entity. Uh. If you got sports entertainment there, that's hey.
Speaker 1: I did notice that Shavanni was saying sports entertainment every time. When Russo took over, they started calling themselves sports entertainment all the time.
Speaker 2: UH, or entity without first providing ECW with the opportunity to enter into an agreement for such services or substantially similar terms as provided in Exhibit A here of so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if so, it's saying like, if a wrestler doesn't want to extend the agreement because specifically they got an offer from a competing organization, you must say in your written notice to ECW that fact, and then you have to not provide any wrestling services to those competing organizations without first providing ECW the chance to batch it, basically, and he's not offering any such thing. He's just saying, I'm leaving. And you know, of course he's saying, I'm leaving because you already breached my contract for whatever fucking reason. You know you have to Well, was he not paid? Yeah, that'd be a good one. That'd be a really good one. That to men even gotten to the payment terms. Yet I'm only thinking of the clauses we've read. That's a real good point.
Speaker 2: Nine Notices. All notices and agreements provided for or required by this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be delivered personally to the other designated party, or mailed by by certified or registered mailturn receipt requested or delivered by a recognized national overnight courier service to the respective addresses first set forth above, or as any or as such any party may otherwise designate, in accordance herewith the date of redate of mailing or of personal delivery, as the case may be, shall be deemed to constitute the date of service of such notice. Number ten miscellaneous A. The Agreement of the documents referenced herein contained the entire agreement in understanding concerning the subject matter or hereof between the parties here too. No waiver, termination, or discharge of this agreement, or any of the terms of or provisions hereof, shall be binding upon either party here too, unless confine confirmed in writing. This agreement may not be modified or a mended, except by a writing executed by both parties. No waivery by either party of any term or provision of this agreement, or of any default here under, shall affect such parties' rights thereafter to enforce such term or provision, or to exercise any right or remedy in the event of any other default, whether or not similar. That's a fucking sentence, and a half sure is let her be. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, and any cause of action a rising here under must be brought in a state or federal court located in Westchester County, New York. Wrestler hereby ir irrevocably waves, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection which he may now or hereafter have to the venue of any proceeding which is brought in such a court.
Speaker 1: Got It answers the question of why this is filed in the New York Court, of all courts like it has nothing to do with New York, and that's because the contract calls for anything pursue into the contract to be litigated in New York.
Speaker 2: Gotcham. The parties further agree, notwithstanding, yes, I agree, notwithstanding you're right, sound of that the Royal the Royal the Royalty provided for above. Because of the special, unique and extraordinary nature of the services here under, and of the rights and licenses which are the subject matter of this agreement, ECW shall be entitled to injunctive and or and other equitable relief to permanent to prevent any breach or default by wrestler here, under which relief shall be without president prejudice to any other rights or remedies of ECW, as maybe provided by law.
Speaker 1: Here is a clause concluded but completely xed.
Speaker 2: Out yep see. ECW may hereby assign it rights, may assign it rights, and delegates rights its rights, and delegate its obligations under this agreement. And if such a signee shall assume ECW's obligations in writing ECW shall have no further obligations to Wrestler.
Speaker 1: So Wrestler by crossing this out, it basically is Mike Awesome saying, you know, you can't just give my contract to another organization and force me to perform for who you assign it to.
Speaker 2: MMM. Wrestler may not assign this agreement in whole or in part without the prior written consent of ECW, and any attempted assignment not in accordance herewith shall be null and void and of no force or effect. D This is this agreement shall be binding on Wrestler and his successors, and permitted as signs. E. The headings contained herein are for the convenience of the parties only, and shall not be interpreted or limit, or to limit or effect in any way the meaning of the language contained in this agreement. If this agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed to be an original, but all of which together shall constitute the same agreement. Any signature page of any such counterpart, or any electronic.
Speaker 1: Fect facsimile that's what fat Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Just never fucking I always think fasten Meal faximized it's it's sloppy, it's awful, yeah, or electron trying to facsimile thereof may be attached or appended to any their counterpart to complete a fully executed counterpart of this agreement, and any telecopy or other facsimile transmission of any signature shall be deemed an original and shall bind such party. G. If any provision of this agreement shall be held void, voidable, invalid, inoperative, no other provision of this agreement shall be affected as a result thereof, and accordingly, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force in effect, as though such void, voidable, invalid, or inoperative provision had not been contained Herein h upon the request of ECW, wrestler agrees to take any in all actions, including without limitation, the execution of certificates, documents, or instruments, necessary or appropriate, to give effect in the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement. In witness whereof the parties here too have executed, is it or execured, looks like execured, execute or caused, They're duly authorized representatives to execute this agreement to be effective as of the day and year first above written.
Speaker 1: HHG Corp. And Michel Fonso. Now let's get to the good stuff. It's always the exhibit payment terms, ladies and general and how much Mike Awsom was making as ECW champion. And because they took a standard contract and crossed things out and wrote in the Mike Awsom specific stuffs, I believe we also have the base ECW contract that is handed out to everybody and what they were paid.
Speaker 2: Independent contractor agreement exhibit A compensation in consideration of wrestler's grant of the rights, license and services here under and provided wrestler faithfully and fully performs all of his obligational obligations here under ecwslpay wrestler three thousand dollars per week.
Speaker 1: And that's the standard contract language. Above that in handwriting is what Mike Awesome got paid initial by Hayman and Awesome that amount boss.
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifty six thousand dollars minimum annual.
Speaker 1: There you go like Awesome is making one hundred and fifty six grand.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious though, what so three thousand times fifty two is the same thing?
Speaker 1: Oh, three per week is one fifty six annual? Yeah, I wonder why they'd write it in then Yeah, okay, so I take everything back I said about this being a standard. I thought it was three thousand, like per appearance or.
Speaker 2: Per now per week guaranteed minimum. Yeah, for the first year of this agreement, weird. Okay, Well they did the math for us, that's nice. Yeah. Yeah. After the completion of the first year this agreement, wrestler's compensation will increase two four thousand, four thousand dollars per week two hundred and eight thousand dollars minimum annually. One year thereafter, wrestler's compensation will increase two five thousand dollars per week two hundred and fifty thousand dollars minimum annually.
Speaker 1: There he is again falling for the old crocket deal. You know. It's like, you make these promises you can't pay year one. It's like by the time you get to the bloated year foward, like God, it's any thing happen to WCW. God forbid, the revenues go down instead of up, up, up, up up. You kidd it. You have these bloated contracts for guys whose shelf life is already expired.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, it's so bizarre.
Speaker 1: So wild. How like wrestlers like Goldberg and stuff made the most money of their career as far as a year earning in the year where they meant them the least to business.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: And you know you already will pay you in the end in a big bulk payment, and you put it off, you defer, and Jesus, you know, if he's missing payments on year one and the promise of one hundred and fifty six grand, how seriously has he taken the two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Oh not at all, Not at all. I'm I'm sure there's some part of them that's just hoping, like, let's see if let's see if like the excitement, lets this guy go for you don't go forward? Oh yeah, totally. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If it's one, you know, it doesn't mean nothing that you're willing to commit in writing to that number. But you know, you're also totally ignorant of how the revenue is actually you know, dispersed, and how much is going right out the door as soon as it comes in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Additionally, wrestler shall be paid a discretionary bonus on pay per view attendance, live gate attendance, video game sales, and clothing sales with with wrestler's likeness.
Speaker 1: So there you have it. For as far as Mike Awesome is concerned, he doesn't get paid on the buys. He gets paid on the amount of people who attend the pay per view.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, And regarding clothing, you know, I just want to make sure my you know, my name's on that, dude.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine hul Cogan getting his name like, you know, you ring up a mic Awesome? Sure, this says hul Cogan.
Speaker 1: On it, the long arm of the Hulkster even other company, right right, Yeah, I'm might have to retract what I said because I'm reading this this is pay per view attendants live Gate attendance. So what's the difference what Live Gate attendance and pay per view attendance? What does that mean? It must well?
Speaker 2: Well to me, live gate attendants would I it makes me think that it's not like a not like a house show or regular But that doesn't make sense unless.
Speaker 1: I don't know why live Gate would just denote house show and not include pay per views. Those are the biggest gates they do, So maybe pay per view attendance is just like an artful way of saying pay per view revenue. Maybe maybe he's cutting everyone.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If the bonus is discretionary, you know, it's that that means that they just they give them an extra slug of money if the house looks really good, and if you know, Vince does the same thing. But it's discretionary, so you can never you can never like be like, god, damn it, how'd you arrive at this number? It's like I just felt like it. That's how. That's the answer.
Speaker 2: Right, All compensation, including but not limited to any discretionary pay per view bonus, will be on a quote full right buyout.
Speaker 1: I do need to know what that means. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I only know buyout from my uh commercial work from back in the day, and a buyout was basically for that. It was like you just get your one time. It means you can't make a claim in the future. Right, I didn't get I didn't get any residuals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it makes sense.
Speaker 2: I only the only time I ever made more money was if the commercial was renewed.
Speaker 1: So we're saying you get paid on pay per view, attendants and live get attendance, but you don't get paid on money we make on this forever.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, right right right, like I guess not no, and that's not even included up there either. Videotape sales, yeah, that did in saye thing it's is video game sales, yeah, video game sales, but no interesting home video stuff or anything. ECW agrees to evaluate wrestler's performance and merchandise sales, as well as ECW's profitability, to allocate further compensation increases and bonus to wrestler. Such increases or bonus shall be in such amount and at such times and under such conditions as to be as maybe de de determined determined by ECW in the soul and absolute discretion of the Executive producer of ECW Events. Term this agreement shall command so as of September nineteenth, nineteen ninety nine, and shall continue until September eighteenth, two thousand and two. The initial term. Therefore thereafter, this agreement shall automatically renew at the option of ECW for an additional term of two years the quote renewal term unless ECW shall serve written notice to the other party at least one hundred and twenty days prior to the end of the initial g that's four months. Wow, Yeah, that seems kind of long. That was quite.
Speaker 1: I don't remember any notice in the Warrior contract, but maybe you just don't remember of.
Speaker 2: This agreement of ECW's decision terminates this agreement at the end the initial term reference herein to the term hereof means the initial term and any such renewal term and.
Speaker 1: Here comes now with bracketed deleted stuff here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, notwithstanding anything herein before stated regarding the term of this agreement, ECW shall have the right to review that can the continuation of this agreement six months from the initial date of this agreement and every six months thereafter.
Speaker 1: So he got that taken out where they could every six months say actually it's not working out, like yeah, no, sorry, pale Evince's favorites yep.
Speaker 2: ECW and its sole discretion shall determine after such review whether this agreement will continue for the balance of its initial term or any renewal thereof. In the event ECW determines that the agreement shall not be continued for its initial term or for the renewal term, or any portions thereof, then this agreement shall terminate thirty days after notice of such termination is given to Wrestler deleted. Deleted, indeed it was full. Oh here we get full rights buyout. Full rights buyout is defined as ECW's unlimited right to use Wrestler's name and all logos, trademarks, copyrights, and other proprietary rights related there too, collectively as collectively the intellectual property Wrestler consensed, ECW's exclusive views of the of the intellectual property in any manner whatsoever during the term and as otherwise provided in this agreement. As a part of the grant of the license, ECW shall also have the exclusive right to use the intellectual property in connection with the manufacture, production, reproduction, reissuance, manipulation, reconfiguration, broadcast, rebroadcast, distribution, sale, and other commercial exploitation in any manner now known or here in after discovered, or any and all material goods, materials, goods, merchandise, and other items incorporating the intellectual property. As to all such materials, goods, merchandise, or items created, developed, produced, and or distributed using the intellectual property, ECW shall have the exclusive right to sell and exploit such materials, goods, and merchandise until the sell off of same by way of example and not of limitation. Such items include t shirts, posters, photos, dolls, books, biographies, articles and stories, articles and.
Speaker 1: What is that man? I would say? Stories?
Speaker 2: I don't know, this is going to be a story, and any other looks like snob and any other other such, any other such Jesus, such material goods, merchandise, or items relating to the intellectual property. ECW shall also have the exclusive right to photograph, record, or otherwise embody the performance of wrestler utilizing the intellectual property in any manner, whatsoever footage, and to utilize and incorporate the footage in whole or in part in conjunction with other photographs and or footage, And to include the footage in any program relating to ECW events, including but not limited to, radio, television, motion picture, or sound recordings, and other Internet quote programs. At such time and in any manner, ECW may elect throughout the world to and to broadcast, exhibit, and or exploit the same in all in any and all media, whether now or hereafter known or devised, without limiting the foregoing ECW you shall have the right and perpetuity to use the intellectual property name, voice, likeness, and or biographical information collectively likeness in connection with the promotion of ECW events and or broadcasts of the footage and ECW events, and or any programs related there too that relate to ECW events, including but not limited to, pome video cassettes and broadcast, cable or other special programs about ECW events. Notwithstanding the expiration of the term. Wrestler further acknowledges that this license shall continue to allow ECW in perpetuity the right to merchandise.
Speaker 1: Purchase a purchase, produce, sorry.
Speaker 2: Produce, produce right, oh yeah, to merchandise, produce, programming, or any other such ECW products created and recorded during the term, but soul distributed and or other exploited thereafter, and any and all media now or herein after discovered by signing the agreement and this exhibit. Wrestler hereby special specifically agrees to the terms of the full rights buyout as defined above. The rights granted by to ECW by the full rights buyout shall survive the expiration and termination of this agreement as a continuing license.
Speaker 1: To e se tremendous. So there you go. You're exactly right about what's meant by rights buyout. I didn't even know. We were just about to define the term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny. That was really funny to think.
Speaker 1: When this renegade company that's flying by the seat of its pants and breaking all the rules and you know, conforming to none of the conventions of the wrestling business got to a point where they had to paper it like this, where they had to have a page and a half definition of full rights buyout.
Speaker 2: It's just it's kind of crazy, it is. It's hilarious. Like you do you think of this being a fucking you know, backyard, yep, you know whatever, But here they are trying to you know, they actually have to have all this legal shit contracts and rights and un rights and.
Speaker 1: Lefts as well lefts.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: So the complaint is filed and we'll talk about it now if we can go to the beginning of the document, boss, What was filed in court to make the case after all of these exhibits are taken into consideration. Well, we have United States just a court Southern District, and we know that district, well don't we, Yes, we do. HHG Corp aka c W plaintiff against Michael Alfonso a ka Mike Ausome World Championhip Wrestling, Inc. Ak W CW defendants take it away.
Speaker 2: The plaintiff HHC Corp aka c W, by and through their attorneys Hoffinger, Friedland, Dubrish and Stern PC respectively show respectfully showing the following the parties. Number One, the plaintiff h G Corp. Aka e c W is a corporation duly organized and existing under the laws of the State of New York, with offices located in the County of Westchester, State of New York. Two upon information and belief, the defendant Michael Alfonso aka Mike off Awesome is an individual who currently resides in the state of Florida.
Speaker 1: That is all, who's currently standing in the state of Florida, who.
Speaker 2: Is currently floating on a cloud somewhere above the state of Florida. It's right. Three Upon information and belief, the defendant World Championship Wrestling Incorporated AKAWCW is a corporation duly organized and existing under the laws of the State of Georgia, with a place of business located in Atlanta, Georgia jurisdiction. The jurisdiction of this Court is based upon the diverse citizenship of the parties entitled twenty eight USC. Section one two three to two, and the provisions of the written agreement preferred to in this complaint by in between ECW and Alfonso. The matter in controversy exceeds the sum of seventy five thousand dollars exclusive of interests and cost.
Speaker 1: Really does, it's actually one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, the agreement on or about April nineteenth, nineteen ninety nine, earlier date. Yeah, so there was a pre existing contract to the one we just read. Yeah, five months earlier to the day ECW and Alfonso entered into a certain independent contractor agreement. The agreement, A true, complete, and accurate copy of the agreement is attached here to and incorporated herein by this reference as exhibit A. Exhibit A is not an April nineteenth, nineteen ninety nine contract. It is September nineteenth. Yeah, And if they made that mistake, shame on them. It is April nineteenth when they're working on this letter of two thousand. I think that's a typo on their behalf. It's a big typo, though.
Speaker 1: It's a big typo. It is, Yes, but they're rushing, you know, Yeah, but you don't say, Exhibit A shows an April nineteenth, nineteen ninety nine contract, and you look at the contract and at least to September on it.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, the agreement provides, among other things, that paragraph eight that quote during the disagreement.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's an eleveny okay, I'll just say, is that another one?
Speaker 2: Oh, that'd be fucking crazy. During this term of this agreement, Wrestler Alfonso shall perform the services as defined in the agreement exclusively for ECW, and shall not directly or indirectly be employed by, perform services for, or engage in any manner with any other individual entity or wrestling business unquote. The agreement provides, among other things, that it shall commence as of September nineteen, nineteen ninety nine, and shall continue until September eighteenth, two thousand and two, and shall automatically renew at the option of ECW for an additional term of two years.
Speaker 1: That's that's the difference between going bankrupt and not with WCW. Yeah, you know, WWIF didn't pick up the contracts, but they because ww existed on paper and had been bought, but existed on paper as Universal Wrestling Corporations separate from what WWF bought. These guys still got paid.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I love like the guys who they had contracts through twenty oh two and WIB closed in two thousand and one, you still got to pay me. Yeah yeah, Whereas if they had bankrupt these guys, these guys their contracts even though Mike Austin's lasted until September of two thousand and two, could not claim any money.
Speaker 2: Alfonso has not given ECW notification of termination of the agreement. ECW has not terminated the agreement. ECW has performed all of its obligations under the agreement. The acts of Alfonso constitute anticipatory breach and or breach of the agreement. So what's the difference between breach and or breach is what I want to know.
Speaker 1: Anticipatory breach is your plan to do it, which is just as bad as actually doing it.
Speaker 2: I think Alfonso has rendered services to ECW under the agreement since September nineteenth, nineteen ninety nine, and has received compensation during the same period of time. Likewise, during the same period of time, consistent with the agreement, Alfonso loaned his name, likeness and persona to ECW for use with Acclaim Entertainment spelled a kk lail.
Speaker 1: Are you sure that's not how it was spelled.
Speaker 2: That's not how it's spelled. It's acc. I'm pretty sure I saw it.
Speaker 1: Spelled that way on logos. But I also remember when I was a kid at being acc.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know which is right.
Speaker 2: I need to know. I need to look. I mean, let's see here. Well, okay, so no, it was never it was never done that. But if you look at the logo, it could be. It could. It looks like ks. Oh really, I see look at the low do you have the logo?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find it here because that's why I thought.
Speaker 2: It was on the Wikipedia. Look at the Wikipedia, and then Nasdaq actually has it as aklm O. Interesting, but it doesn't.
Speaker 1: It does look like two ks, you know, it does.
Speaker 2: It never is like that. Those are two SE's, but they just look weird.
Speaker 1: And when they styled it in that ECW barbed wire font for the video game, it looks even more like a couple of k's. Actually, yeah, yeah, fascinating.
Speaker 2: So I knew it's not.
Speaker 1: I mean, they have the contracts, you know, like doubt, they're just spelling it based on a logo. I'm sure they're spelling based on what's written down anyway to appear in an ECW video game. During the period April sixth through April eighth, two thousand, Alfonso failed to appear as scheduled at ECW events on April sixth and Cleveland, Ohio. On April seventh and Warren, Ohio, and April eighth in Buffalo, New York without justification or explanation. I mean, honestly, Mike, if you're gonna do this, you know, in the cloak of darkness, why why missshots?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Why don't just make the shots? Like Lex Luger didn't show up on Monday? Right, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I mean? Even more to that, I mean, I don't know. Why does he just fucking tell Paul he wants out?
Speaker 1: Well, that's I'm sure what he did. But by that point it's too late to make this Nitro. They want him in part to deliver, you know, a Nitro esque ship jump on this big night one. I'm sure. I'm sure after that they would still like to use him, but the enthusiasm would be dampened, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. On April eighth, two thousand, Alfonso was put on written notice by a CWV four did I say that of the the foregoing failures to appear in a letter form from the law firm of Buffer Chalgian at all, A true, accurat and complete copy of the April eighth, two thousand letter is attached here to and incorporated herein by this reference as a B. In the April eight, two thousand letter, Alfonso was advised that a lawsuit could be commenced against him, and that ECW could file an injunction precluding him from rendering services to any other individual entity or wrestling business, either directly or indirectly. A telephone conversation with Steve Carell Carrel, how about of acting K and I don't mean act I N G by the way, A K T O N A C, A representative of ACW, conducted on April eight, two thousand, Alfonso stated he did not intend to appear at the ECW Buffalo event and that other things were going to happen. Other things Alfonso was unwilling to discuss.
Speaker 1: Picks up the phone, it says other things that just k faving the phone calls. You know, I got other things going on, like what Mike, Oh, you know other things. I gotta listen.
Speaker 2: I gotta go. Then I gotta go, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta take a ship right now. It's hard. It's real hard.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm thinking it through. If you just totally favor the calls, they could like call police and be like we're worried about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. It has been widely reported in the wrestling media that and on the Internet that Alfonso would be appearing on a live WCW Wrestling broadcast on April tenth, two thousand. Specifically, yeah, specifically. This appearance was reported on Friday morning, April seventh, two thousand, on a radio show we Go originating from Tampa, Florida, upon Information and Belief and titled give it to Me.
Speaker 1: Sobody's Saba, the Hot Saba, the Boots, daddling Cock come and sat so by by the Lave Splanch Show. So Hogan's not only yo, bro, you need to come over here and you know, make some real money. Stop playing in the playpen those extremists. Dude, He's going on Bubba's show, probably like you know, on paid rollers and talking about it.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, dude, you gotta come on. I'm just gonna go on. I'm gonna go on, Bubba the list biz, dude, We're going to talk it out.
Speaker 1: Brother, Could you even cover pro wrestling in ninety nine in two thousand without living in Tampa? Like all the news is on Tampa radio and it's not like you could stream it fucking Tampa what hoody up? We had Nitro tonight, hoodie, and you can anything and tell us about what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Now, well, brother, I'll tell you right now, dude. I'll tell you. I can guarantee you this. Dude. I don't want to say too much. I don't want to, like, you know, I don't want to, you know, put it all out there. Brother, I want to keep some surprising. But I can tell you right now, dude, it is going to be an awesome show.
Speaker 1: Extremely awesome, one might say.
Speaker 2: In fact, you might say that Mike Awesome is going to be on this show. Oh dude, he goes.
Speaker 1: I can't say too much, brother, I can't be too specific, but I think it's safe to say it's going to be an awesome show. It's going to be an extremely awesome show. Mike is going to be on Nitro tonight. Why you did it? Beat around the bush exactly in the first place, I was beating around the bill bush, dude, Hey, what do we have here? Additional factors regarding Alfonso's breach.
Speaker 2: MM Additional factors regarding Alfonso's breach and or anticipatory breach of the agreement. On April ten, two thousand, the letter was forwarded by Affecsimile to WCW from the offices of Hoffinger Friedland at all a true.
Speaker 1: I love how drawyers can make the faxing of a piece of paper. This like event, I know, I know right, Like it's a fucking thing. There was life before the facts, and now there's everything is different after this fact.
Speaker 2: It's like, think about think about life, what life is like in any office where there was a fax machine, and it's like nobody gives a shit, you know, It's like it's a simple fucking Hey.
Speaker 1: He facts his thing for me, but not in a law fund to a lawyer that proof of delivery is all they need.
Speaker 2: Forwarded by fic Simile. A true, complete and accurate copy copy of the April ten, two thousand letter directed to WCW is attached here too and incorporated herewith by this reference as Exhibit C. Among other things, the April ten, two thousand letter directed to WCW makes reference to the actions of WCW regarding ECW wrestlers and performers, and of Alfonso's possible appearance on WCW's wrestling broadcast schedule for the evening of April tenth, two thousand. The full and complete content of the April ten, two thousand letter is incorporated herein by this reference. Additionally, the April ten, two thousand letter addressed to WCW advised ECW would seek a temporary restraining order or preliminary injunction precluding Alfonso from appearing on WCW's wrestling broadcast on April tenth, two thousand, emanating from Denver, Colorado, and from using the ECW Heavyweight Championship Belt in any manner if WCW failed to provide ECW the written notice by one pm Eastern Standard Time on April tenth, two thousand that WCW would not be using Alfonso or the ECW Heavyweight Champion Belt on the program. ECW has received no written denial from WCW or confirmation from WCW regarding the non appearance of Alfonso. As and for a first claim that sounds like the title of like a chapter of a bad book. ECW repeats, reiterates, and realleges the allegations contained in paragraphs one through twenty above, as if more fully set forth hereat at length by virtue of the foregoing Alfonso is in breach of the agreement. As a result of the foregoing breach, ECW has been damaged in an amount not presently ascert ti, but in excess of seventy five thousand dollars. As and for a second claim chapter.
Speaker 1: Two, Just quickly, do you know why they would say seventy five thousand like that of all numbers? No, because if it is less than it should be in a different court. I see anyway, Okay, that makes sense. ECW repeats, reiterates, and realleges. The allegation is contained in paragraphs one through twenty three above, as if more fully set forth here at at length by virtue of the foregoing WCW has acknowledged has knowledge of the existence of a valid agreement and business relationship by and between ECW and Alfonso. Notwithstanding WCW's actual knowledge of the existence of the agreement WCW has set upon a plan, scheme, or design to tortiously interfere with ECW's contractual relationship and business relationship with alphonsphasis on scheme of course. Of course, that's their scheme of things. This part.
Speaker 2: Yes, as a result of the foregoing breach, ECW has been damaged in an amount not presently ascertainable, but in excess of seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Expectfully, if it's not ascertainable, how do you know it's not less than seventy five? That sounds ascertaining. I can't tell you.
Speaker 2: I can tell you this, all right. We don't know the exact number right now, but it is way above seventy five grande okay.
Speaker 1: Sounds like the guy who I can guarantee you that the guy who the girl buys the train ticket from. And Frosty are Bori Alice.
Speaker 2: ECW repeats, reiterates, and re alleges the allegations contained in paragraphs. I hate then they fucking do this.
Speaker 1: Me too, I hate it so much. Why do they do this because they're different?
Speaker 2: Why do they need to like let us know that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, different claims? So you see a third claim? Fourth claim and you have to include everything that's relevant to the claim each time. But by just making reference to it instead of repeating every single line of it, it's a way to keep it brief. But you don't want someone to come around and say, hey, on your third claim, which is the only claim the judge cares about. As it turns out, as this plays out, all those other clauses, you didn't state that that's part of this claim. I mean, you have to do it, and we have to read it. And that's life.
Speaker 2: It's like I just say, from here, from the top of this page to the bottom of this page, to the bottom of the from the top of this complaint to the bottom of the complaint, everything counts.
Speaker 1: Everything counts, I know. Can you just put a clause like that in there?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: You have to state enumerated clause.
Speaker 2: Yes. ECW repeats, reiterates, and real edges. The allegation is contained in paragraphs one through twenty seven. Is above as if more fully set forth here at at length, by virtue of the foregoing and the acts jointly or severe severe.
Speaker 1: Severally severally.
Speaker 2: Of W. CW and Alfonso, the good will, name and representation of E. C W has been and continues to be damaged.
Speaker 1: Goodwill, good name, good name, the good name of w Yeah, please joke and can they spell Alfonso any more ways than they do? Jesus, You guys have the contract in front of you. You got his like documentation? Is it a z or an as? For Christ's sake?
Speaker 2: Next next it will be E L P H O N T S O Alfonso.
Speaker 1: I don't know what. I don't know what I expect from a cracked team that fucking got the data the contract wrong in the first sent I'll tell.
Speaker 2: You what you got the you said it right there. The crack team.
Speaker 1: My god, I know you got the fucking fifth ab in the address or whatever the fuck it is. But I'm not the best. And these lawyers the first one to pick up the phone and scream at a reporter for getting a little small fact wrong. By the way, could I have a crock team, I mean, your honor. He didn't even spell the defendants name right in the article? Well you didn't either, counselor I.
Speaker 2: Got two or three? Can I can we can we clarify one thing? The last name of the is it Alfonso or is it awesome? Can we get clarification, please, because I don't understand. I'm just well, you give them fake named in wrestling, is it? I don't get it? Name is hul Cogan, He's not. So what's his name?
Speaker 1: Terry Boles? What's There's no way.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely insane. There's no way that that that a guy at that size is named Terry. Okay, it's not fucking possible. Can we please? What is you know? What is wrong with your business? What is wrong with your business? You gotta you gotta sign these asinine names. Look, I'm reading I'm reading here. You know the the transcript of Vince mcmhon's trial on some of the paperwork there for the Pat Patterson one hundred times times.
Speaker 1: That's his real name right right now? Actually that's not his real name.
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 1: So you're gonna tell me that we have to put Alfonso in our ship instead of awesome, But you can list his fake name all over every legal document in the world, and you can call Seawan Michaels Shawn Michaels in every document of the world. And that's honestly, So, yeah, what does it deal with?
Speaker 2: I mean, who the fuck are these people? Now? I just I woke up this morning. I didn't realize that this was what this is all about.
Speaker 1: And it's great, that's a great line. They're just like this run of the mill litigator who like doesn't want to like this is not the case that he wanted to land on his desk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And you know what, if.
Speaker 1: Fucking Jim hadn't been on vacation this week, which he didn't even give enough notice to the office that he's going to take this time off, he would have been next in Q and he would have gotten this fucking case. So I'm doubly pissed because that fucking asshole is in Bermuda again. How many times can one guy go to Bermuda, by the way, let's say it, Leven, tell you this all the same ship.
Speaker 2: Every time ship like this comes up. He's always in BERMEI. He goes every times, like he fucking knows. But one of these cases is gonna come up, and and then I get stuck with it and I gotta listen to assholes like you.
Speaker 1: I gotta figure out if your last name is Awesome or Alfonso, and I'll tell you what, just I'll give you another a ford Awful. Right, You're Mike, awful, all right, you fucking suck, and you what is this fucking suck? The lawyer frees, Debby tells Mike, awesome, he fucking sucks. Awesome, Well, you fucking suck, he says to him. The lawyer says that that's awesome. He doesn't even know this guy. He doesn't know this guy, he doesn't no wrestling, but he says, you fucking suck. And Mike just stands there with his mullet and takes it.
Speaker 2: He's this fucking championship belt. I mean, you don't even what are you about? You're gonna tell me this is a big deal of this case. I gotta put this in the complaint, that they're gonna have this fucking phone. I gotta talk. I gotta put in this complaint that that that this at this stupid belt, that you didn't even win, that you were given right, he was giving it. He didn't fucking do anything. You didn't compete to win it.
Speaker 1: You want me to put it in this complaint that ECW is gonna suffer real harm if this pretend trophy shows up on another wrestling TV show. That's what you're trying to tell me.
Speaker 2: I mean, who who fucking gives a shit?
Speaker 1: I mean, you just had this thing made like a year ago, right, it's not even the original design, and and you decided that he was gonna win it, right, Paul, you just said one day, Hey, you're gonna win.
Speaker 2: You said, you said, Hey, you're gonna Mike, Mike dipshit over here. You're gonna fucking win the belt.
Speaker 1: So this, this trinket that I hold in my hand, represents no actual accomplishment, does it?
Speaker 2: What if I? What if I? Right now? I mean, let me tell you this. You're talking about how you brought it on TV, and all of a sudden it's it's worthless and in effect that damages your fucking stupid company.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh, this guy's gonna represent Paul real well, there's definitely not gonna be an emotion for a new attorney in this case.
Speaker 2: What happens if I take the belt right now out of your hand, I put on the floor.
Speaker 1: And I sh exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: What kind of damage we're talking about that you're gonna fucking sue me over a fake belt.
Speaker 1: This guy did not want this case. He's trying actively to get thrown off the case. Now I just I just exactly said, you don't look it's not your fault, but it's just been an awful year. Listen, Paul, I thought i'd be a lot further along than I am.
Speaker 2: Do you understand you understand how much paperwork this whole thing is gonna be for me understanding exactly what I have to go through to get through this kind of.
Speaker 1: A ship and of all the things that I could have ever imagined on my bucket listed when I became a lawyer, was arguing to a judge of the United States Federal Court System that this title belt represents actual value when it's a completely made up accomplishment.
Speaker 2: Listen, Paul, I hate I hate wrestling, I do, all right. I hate this draw. I think it's a fucking joke, exactly, all right. It's like a it's a complete fucking it's it's it's a it's a loony to the literally, Paul, I have a reaction like I cannot believe either in this audience. Paul, I get hives, all right. I get hives on my arm, on my legs. Sometimes I'm my genitals. And I'm not not to degrade you guys. Do I'm sure you work hard. It's just not my cup of tea, and so, you know, help, but let that be known. I do degrade. I degrade. I degrade because you know, it's actually an embarrassment for the whole country.
Speaker 1: I went to law school for this. I mean, I didn't that that little toy over there is actually worth something. I didn't go to law school to represent frauds. It's that simple, in clowns, all right, Like, I went to make a fucking difference in the world, and now I gotta represent you, you and your fucking damages you've suffered because this guy with the mullet is going to bring this fucking, this children's toy onto another TV show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, my neighbors kids have this fucking exactly. You know, you fucking piss on it and shove it in the mouths. After that, Well, let me ask you a question. Do you have permission to use the lights and songs on all your broadcasts? Yeah? I don't think about that.
Speaker 1: Actually, let me say, yeah, so in this case, unless we find a way to part weighs amicably, I might have to file a little motion myself. So what you're saying here, Paul, you don't have enough. You don't have enough money to fucking pay these guys. And you don't pay for your royalties. What do you pay for? Exactly?
Speaker 2: Exactly where's the money going, Paul? You know, what is it doing is go in your pocket? Huh.
Speaker 1: I need to know about Steve Carroll. Paul, you're getting known from the neighborhood that what you're doing getting whos huhn's getting cores Paul, exactly. Silence, Hey, hey, hey, like you're asleep or what your eyes open? You fucking this is serious business. You're going down. Wow, And I'm gonna even. What I love about every lapped character like this, because it's a type, is that they never wait for the person to respond before escalating. You notice that it just gets more and more and more crazy, and the person's sitting there silent the entire time, and the other one is act like it's a conversation exactly right, like he's justified and getting more angry. It's a complete verbal attack. So it's good to get to know that guy. I think he belongs on the bench for sure. The last character bench.
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh yeah, I guess that came from Goodwill name representation severally too. Rise they come against Oh God, the acts of the acts of WCW and Alfonso jointly and severally rise to the level of conspiracy. Hey, there is that word again.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, it does.
Speaker 2: Hey, I heard that. I believe that w c W. Hey, you know what, I worked there, my shoal, I was under contract to WCW. I worked for Ted Turner. I can guarantee there is conspiracy going on in the High Office.
Speaker 1: Our ECW's attorney's about to argue that WCW is conspiring to defraud the FDA like someone else I could mention.
Speaker 2: Leve look conspiracy and in the furtherance of a plan, scheme, or design of WCW to seek to raid ECW and steal the talent of ECW and steal the talent of ECW by exhibiting a pattern of interference, an indifference with and of ECW in its relationship with its wrestlers. As a result of the foregoing breach, ECW has damaged in an amount not presently ascertainable, but in excess of seventy five thousand dollars. As for the fourth claim, ECW repeats, reiterate, and re alleges the alleges the allegations contained in paragraphs one through thirty one above, as if more fully set fourth here at at length upon information and believe w CWN Alfonso's use of vcw's heavyweight Champion belt, which is the soul an exclusive property of VCW, constitutes misappropriation of w CW's property, ECW's property in the wrestling industry, and the organization's champion belt is an indicia of achievement. And it's the objection right there, right, objection, what is this?
Speaker 1: I'm not going to write that in the complaint. You can write. I'm not going to write that.
Speaker 2: What I can't. I can't fucking sit here and.
Speaker 1: An indicia of achievement, this thing and you decided he's going to get you.
Speaker 2: He had nothing to do with Listen, listen. He didn't achieve anything. It was decided that something was given to the thing.
Speaker 1: I achieved something because my mom decided to name me Bill.
Speaker 2: Like, let me saying this is I This is no different than telling you idiots that they're gonna get fucking presents from Santa Claus because they behaved. Well, it's your choice. A miracle on thirty fourth Street here, right, You know, I don't have fucking time for Santa Claus and clowns.
Speaker 1: My wife's on me, the kids. I'm not doing well right now in school.
Speaker 2: Look, I could have my wife needs me, and instead I got to give twenty four to seven to this fucking bullshit. You know this is this is a problem with America right here, all right. The Constitution states that you are deserving of the best, you know, defense or of defense at least entitled to something. Get not entitled anything with this fucking horsesh. This guy is not entitled. This is not a real time. Now listen, I'm gonna tell you something. I'm gonna tell I have a cousin who works for a newspaper. Okay, I almost went there, and I'll tell you this guy he knows what you're all about. He calls you guys. He says, you're deceived. In the public of the United States of America.
Speaker 1: Facts comes in, Facts comes into the newsroom. All it is is the the docket, like the number of the case. And this clause highlighted. In the wrestling industry, any organization's champion belt is an indissia of achievement and is coveted and is coveted honor to represent a particular wrestling franchise.
Speaker 2: Somebody get over.
Speaker 1: Here right now.
Speaker 2: I need somebody get down a fucking courthouse and cover this ship. My cousin's there, he's representing a piece of boat.
Speaker 1: What is that, boss? What does that say on that piece of paper? It says that a.
Speaker 2: Belt. It says that a fucking bullshit wrestling organization's belt is an indissia of achievement.
Speaker 1: And that's fucking kid me.
Speaker 2: Down, Shut the funk down, all right. What we've been waiting for. This is a big day and I'm rolling on my sleeves right now. I'm gonna tell you right now, all right, I want you to get down. I want you to get down to the courthouse. Okay, you get down there right now, all right, and I'll need you. I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna call my cousin. All right, I'm gonna have them. You're gonna get up on the stand and just declare that wrestling is a fraud. Witness the stand.
Speaker 1: This reporter is going to insert himself into this such that he takes the stand.
Speaker 2: I'm you're gonna be admitted as a witness, all right. You're gonna get up there, and you're gonna fucking say all this is bullshit. Wrestling is a fraud achievement, all right, This is not indiss of achievement. This is not fucking a coveted on coveted all right? Are you fucking kidding me? And I'll tell you what. If they don't let you on the fucking stand, I'm gonna go down there. How can it be a coveted honor if it's not real, Jim, I'll shoot my fucking ways exactly, all right, I'm gonna met they got metal, you know what they got. I don't give a ship. Throw my gun right at that fucking face. This ends today, coveted honor. That's the last straw.
Speaker 1: I have set for ye.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I have watched these these pieces of shit, these these low level insects. I have watched them infiltrate.
Speaker 1: I have watched them inject our country with poison, falsity, pulling the wool of everybody's eyes, convincing, And this is real, and this is worthy of respect.
Speaker 5: I am tired of being blind. I am tired of this fucking country playing blind. If it means I gotta go down and choke every single motherfucking.
Speaker 2: One of them.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do it because tonight you're gonna write the fucking story because tonight we see.
Speaker 2: Tonight a rise opened, the blind does go off, and we piss on fraudulents.
Speaker 1: Well, there's an early bid for the TLFX tournament. Jesus Christ. This guy's getting his reps in good luck on the promo battle stage, my friend. That's right.
Speaker 2: Is an indicia of achievement is coveted honor to represent a particular wrestling franchise. WCW's and Alfonso's use of the ECW Heavyweight Champion Belt and their renunciation jointly and severally in any manner of ECW or the wise disrespect OFVCW and the belt is without permission, consent, or approval of ECW and the specific notice afforded to each of them, as set forth an exhibit c the April tenth, two thousand letter to WCW. As a result of the foregoing breach, ECW has been damaged in an amount not presently ascertainable, but in excess of seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Two more claims to go.
Speaker 2: As and for a fifth claim ECW or piece reiterates and realleges the allegations contained in paragraphs one through thirty six above, as if more fully set forth here at at length, ECW owns the registered trademarks Extreme Championship Wrestling and ECW Wrestling. The last one is redundant. Among others, use of any ECW registered trademark and or of the ECW Heavyweight Champion built by Alfonso and or WCW is unlawful and without the permission of ECW, and in direct contravention of the written notice to WCW. ECW has gone to great lengths to publicize its name, using its valuable property in its trademark, to the wrestling industry and to the public. By virtue of the foregoing Alfonso and WCW have infringed upon and misappropriated the trade name and service more ark of ECW. As a result of the foregoing breach, ECW has been damaged in an amount not presently ascertainable, but in excess of seventy five thousand dollars. As and for a sixth claim, ECW repeats, reiterates, and re alleges the allegations contained in paragraphs one through forty two above, as if more fully set forth. Hereat at length ECW will be, has been, and continues to be irreparably harmed by virtue of the foregoing ECW has no adequate remedy law. ECW is entitled to an injunction and joining Alfonso from performing service for WCW, in joining WCW from continuing its plan, design or scheme to raid ECW's talent, and joining Alfonso from using the ECW Heavyweight Champion Belt in any event not approved by or sanctioned by ECW. Wherefore, ECW demands with the following relief on the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth claims of relief in a sum not presently ascertainable but in excess of seventy five thousand dollars each, and a preliminary injunction as a as a force stated and reasonable attorney's fees, and such other and further relief as the Court deems just and proper just incredible. That's right.
Speaker 1: April tenth, two thousand, New York. There is a complaint attempt to stop Mike Ausam from appearing on Nitro, And of course you got to file affidavits the people who can swear to what happened and brought us to this point, have to make representations before the court about what they knew and when there's always money there. I mean, it's not quite a transcript, but it's it's the next best and closest thing, and we'll get into those here in a moment. If you can bring your attention down to page let's see thirty six thirty seven of the document. This first up, Steve Carell. Steve Carroll introduces this affidavit, this sworn affidavit to the court. I am a representative of the plaintiff HHG Group AKAE c W. On April eight, two thousand, I had a telephone call at approximately three pm with the defendant, Michael Alfonso aka Mike Awesome. Prior to the conversation, I left one telephone message at his home and one message on his mobile telephone. I stated that he had already failed to appear on April six, two thousand, at Warren, Ohio, and on April seventh, two thousand at Cleveland, Ohio ECW shows, each of which non appearances constituted breaches of the agreements to find in the complaint he were in. I also asked him whether he would appear in Buffalo, New York in April eight, two thousand. He responded that he would not be appearing in Buffalo. Alfonso stated other things were in the works and that would be hearing from his peace. I requested that Alfonso return the ECW Championship belt, advising him it was ECW property, and offered to send a messenger to pick up the belt. Alfonso advised that he was at an airport in Florida and that a pickup was not possible. Why not, You can't get into the airport. I'm sorry, No, I'm actually in a completely enclosed area of the airport right now. They won't let anybody in. Yeah, I advised we could arrange this Prety nine to eleven too, is the security I arrive in there? I advised we could arrange for pickup at any place. Alfonso advised he would call me upon arrival at his next destination, which was not identified. On April nine, two thousand, not hearing from him, I left messages on both his home telephone message machine and his mobile telephone message machine stating that the belt could be picked up at any location as to the date of this affidavit, that is, April tenth, two thousand. I have not heard from him, signed Steve Carroll. Next before the court, Paul Hayman. I am the president and majority shareholder of the plaintiff group HHG CORP AKAC double Q. I am the founder of ECW. I negotiated the agreement, as to find in the complaint in this action, with Alfonso and witnessed Alfonso initially the pages and changes in the agreement. I am aware of an interview by Jason Powell, torch assistant. Oh here we go. He's reading the torch and putting in his fucking complaints. Oh my god, torch assistant editor, which took place on February twenty fourth, two thousand, with Alfonso, during which interview Alfonso stated, I think I signed it the agreement. This pasted October, so that will keep me here at ECW until two thousand and two. So there is Alfonso saying the contract is from the fall of ninety nine and not April. This quote refers to the agreement in Alfonso's commitment to ECW until two thousand and two. A copy of the transcript of the interview is attached here too, and incorporated herein by this reference as Exhibit one. Attached here to and incorporated here in by this references. Exhibit too is an article authored by Bert Woodard which appeared on Wrestling dot Com and I think he means one wrestling dot Com. That could be wrong, and among other things, that attempts were made to contact Alfonso this past weekend and were not successful. I wonder who dropped the dime with that information. I wonder who told them about that. That Alfonso has signed a valid ECW contract, that Alfonso has confirmed the existence of a long term contract with the CUB and that Alfonso has the ECW World Title belt with him. ECW has performed all its obligations under the agreement. Moreover, not only did I witness Alfonso initially and modifying the text of the agreement in my presence, but I also signed the agreement in the presence of Alfonso. I believe these WCW has launched a plan design scheme my God to rate ECW of its talent and to interfere with ECW's talent. The acts and actions of w c d W have damaged and continue to damage the name of ECW, and if Alfonso appears on any WCW programming, ECW will suffer damages which are not presently ascertainable. I am aware of the full and complete content of the affidavit of Steve Carroll submitted with the papers in support of East CW's application for preliminary relief, and confirm that Alfonso failed to appear at scheduled DCW appearances, including April sixth, two thousand, at the Agora Theatre in Cleveland, Ohio, April seventh at the Packard Music Hall in Warren, Ohio, and on April eighth at the Burt Flickiner Center in Buffalo, New York. In addition, Alfonso is supplied with prepaid airline tickets for air transportation from his residence in Tampa, Florida to attend these events. I attempted to but was unable to contact Alfonso to determine the reason he did not appear on April sixth and seventh. I requested others to try to contact him, but they were also unsuccessful. On April eighth, when Alfonso was contacted by Steve Carroll, Alfonso advised that he would not appear at the Buffalo, New York ECW event. This is their champion, by the way, I'm not going to be there y fuck it. Mister Carroll advised Alfonso of the reports of Alfonso appearing on a live WCW program Nitro on April tenth, schedule to take place in Denver, Colorado, would pose a threat to and be a breach of his agreement with the c W. I believe these actions and the references and the complaints admitted here with evidence a continued plan or scheme on the part of WCW to interfere with ECW's business relationships. By virtue of the foregoing, ECW has been and continues to be irreparably harmed. That'd be a good pay per view name for them. Irreparable harm, ECW, irreparable harm, ECW, irreparable hard by the actions of WCW and Alfonso sworn to before me this tenth day of April two thousand, Paul Hayman. And they actually include something from the Pro Wresting Torch website, which was an interview than Mike Austin did in February of two thousand.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: As referenced, he talks about having signed the contract. So it was like, you know, here's public, here's not only you know, here's not only evidence in public that the contract exists. But here's Mike Awesome talking about understanding the terms of the contract and knowing full well and yeah, this looks like one Wrestling dot Com. Now I love this exhibit. Do you see the next thing here at ECW news by Buck Woodward? Yes, yes, you see what it is. What's written in that right margin there.
Speaker 2: See, this has been sent to Brad Seagell. He reads One Wrestling regularly.
Speaker 1: The Brad SEAgel that never really got involved in the minutia of the wrestling business. That you know, he, by his own admission on the death of w CW, never really got involved in the machinations and the actual mechanics of writing wrestling stories and putting together wrestling and and and and considering himself above the pathological lying lot that was the talent and actors and operators in the wrestling business. He's reading One Wrestling dot Com, Yes he is. I don't know. That doesn't sound to me like someone who was hands off and puppeteering World Championship Wrestling. I saw that.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Brad?
Speaker 1: Brad, Brad, do you want to know what's on One Wrestling dot com. Really is this not also the website that Bob Ryder ran who turned around and wrote that famous blog post about Stu Snyder and Brad Siegel working.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: To effectuate a heavily discounted sale of WCW. Do the WWF. I love it very much. So now this is a letter from April tenth from a Tom Steele, who I believe is the attorney. It is dressed to Tom Steele from ECW's attorneys, and Tom Steele is my gossam's attorney. This will confirm our telephone conversation of approximately two twenty pm this afternoon the day of apparently that Nitro where in the following occurred one you telephone me and advised you represented Alfonso. So there was a phone call from Alfonso's lawyer to ECW, which he has referenced sort of intimated when they reached him that weekend that my people will be calling you. And apparently according to ECW's lawyers, this is what Austome's lawyer said. You telephoned me and advised me you represented Alfonso. You advised that whether Alfonso appeared on behalf of WCW on tonight's Nitro show was solely within the purview of w CW, and that you had not instructed your client to appear or not to appear, covering his ass. Tom Steel, Ladies and gentlemen, absolutely nerves of steel.
Speaker 2: Not quite. He's in for the steel.
Speaker 1: Stop the steel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at that fucking Tampa, Florida address. By the way.
Speaker 1: Stop this.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, brother, I got a guy, dude, he's the strongest metal brother. I want to give you this Tom Steel, dude, He'll help you out.
Speaker 1: Perfect. That's exactly what happened. Three. You advised you had initiated a lawsuit in Tampa, Florida against ECW on behalf of Alfonso. No yet, we don't have any access to that. That was probably filed in a local court, and ECW turned around and filed it here in federal court, resting on that seventy five thousand or greater, which probably makes it federal and jurisdiction. I'm not sure, but thankfully for us, it was a federal complaint because that those are always easier to access. You requested a copy of Alfonso ECW contract. I took your request under advisement. I notified you that ECW would be seeking a temporary restraining order in preliminary injunction. Today. You advised you have retained New York Council, but did not identify them. You requested that I forward a copy of today's letter to WCW to your office. You advised you and forward by facts immediately a copy of the Florida lawsuit you commenced. You asked to be contacted by the judge, and I appeared in court today seeking the tro et cetera, and attached to a copy of the letter you have requested. And so that's the letter we read in which ECW's lawyers lay out the case to Ted Turner, Diana Meyers, Georgia Davidson, who is talent business manager for WCW, as well all the circumstances that led to them claiming that he's in breach. Now, again, we don't have the lawsuit that Mike Assom file, But that's interesting because, yeah, so whatever that lawsuit says, and it doesn't really matter because this results in a settlement anyway. And obviously Mike Assam goes to WCW. The fact that he filed the lawsuit tells me that Mike Ossam also thought he had a case that the contract had been violated on his side, and it wasn't just something he stupidly just thought people would take his word for and when he actually had a lawyer file a suit to make those claims. And I'm sure to your point it had to do.
Speaker 2: With not getting paid, Yeah, I would imagine.
Speaker 1: And the ultimate outcome of all of this, which is blazing through the courts on the day of the show, you know, because courts will take this up if it's that pressing, you know, if it's like okay, tonight, if you don't do something. So they kind of fast tracked the whole thing. And when a judge issues a order to show cause for a preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order, when a temporary restraining order is filed and a settlement is quickly reached, the judge writes, upon consideration of the summons and complain to ECW the affidavits of Stephen Sterns Carolyn Paul Hayman, it is hereby ordered that Michael L. Fonso and WCW show cause before this court on April fourteenth. So the judge sets a date to show cause, and it's like Okay, well, yes, we've got to not do anything until then, because why an order should not be issued preliminarily in enjoining Alfonso from rendering any services of any type of nature to WCW and preliminarily in joining WCW from engaging Alfonso to perform any services of any type of nature. So the judge is saying, you need to appear before me four days after this nitro and explain to me why I shouldn't issue an order that says by cousin cannot do anything for WCW. Now there's this included, and then it's crossed out. I don't know why it's crossed out, perhaps because the settlement is reached. But it's this term here from the judge that causes the settlement. I'd imagine discussions because a judge is kind of siding with ECW. It is hereby further ordered that, pending the determination of ECW's motion for a preliminary in junction, Alfonso is immediately stayed. Stayed is another word for band from rendering any services of any type or nature WW, including appearing on any WCW programming, including but not limited to, the Monday, April ten, two thousand Nitro program.
Speaker 2: What about working catering?
Speaker 1: It depends what do you mean by working scheduled to be air at eight pm Eastern Center Time, and WW is immediately enjoined, that is to say, banned and stayed from engaging Alfonso to perform any services of any type of nature for WCW, including engaging him to appear on the Monday, April ten, two thousand nitro program scheduled to be aired at eight pm Eastern Standard Time. It is hereby I ordered the bond the amount of one hundred thousand dollars to be filed by ecwbdems sufficient pursuit of the Federal Rules of Civil procedure. It is here by further order that the services disorder to show cause will be delivered by facts to Andy Velkoff, who is a WW attorney. Okay, and there it is. So when judge, what is the name, Well, it's signed, but it's not printed, and it's hard to make up the signature of the judge. But when the judge, when the judge issues that that series of orders, it's basically saying Mike Austom can't show up on Nitro, And so that brings the parties closer together to figure this thing out, and at that point the court ducket indicates that a settlement was reached and the judge didn't have to make a decision here. The parties figured it out. Undoubtedly. Ecwsaid, fine, will drop all of our contractual claims, will you know, nullify Mike Ausom's VCW contract in exchange for and then we start the negotiation presumably around having him come back to drop the championship, thus leading to that one of a kind moment where a WWF contracted wrestler in Taz submits a WCW contracted wrestler and Mike Awesome on an ECW show for the ECW title.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what it's about, folks. That's what this whole thing is, and that's an important subtext to Living Dangerously two thousand and the final appearance on an ECW pay per view and in some ways the final appearance period of Mike Awesam as e CW champion