Speaker 1: I want to welcome everyone back to the Pekanona Show. I'm back here with Thomas. It's been a little while. How are you doing all right?
Speaker 2: I was quite ill for a spell. That owes to my I mean, my absence owes to that as well as you know, not my not dropping content in particularly timely manner. But I think I'm out of the woods, Okay, I mean a gottape. I'm going to the Meter conference this weekend. But I appreciate you hosting me man as always. What I want to get into, what I want to get into today, and of course you're the boss of this program. I want to discuss how there's a nascent sort of revisionist Uh, there's a nas intolerance for a revisionist scholarship about Adolf Hitler. Okay, that I think is undeniable. I'm talking about, you know, in in corridors where that was not tolerated whatsoever, you know, even a decade or a decade and a half ago. And it's very interesting that always to a lot of factors that owes to the Second World War truly fading from living memory, you know, it owes to the kind of democratization of university resources it owes to you know, the complete and total absence of a bully pulpit that academ in you know, in conjunction with media used to enjoy and you know, facilitated a really kind of complete and total capability to dominate the conceptual landscape. You know, not not just enforce you know, strictures on what's considered to be an acceptable opinion, but quite literally control the conceptual narrative, you know. I mean people find that hard to believe now that that could be done. But I mean think pre Internet. I think when any media you can assume it's truly passive. You know, you don't select the programming, and your your your access to data really is limited to what you can find at your local library, you know, or library system. But it's interesting because I would have I would have thought it would be the opposite within the bounded rationale of or a visioness enterprise, a software business enterprise. Relating to the Third Reich, I would have thought that the Nazi Party would have been somehow rehabilitated in terms of oh, these are just ignorant people or some such thing. But you know, Hitler was this sort of evil songali type who who's who swept them up. And in this you know, sort of miasma of evil and madness, it's really kind of the opposite. You know, a lot of these treatments have a very very punitive view of the party and of its loyalists, and they're certainly not friendly to Adolf Hitler, but they they normalize him, and within the context of historicists discussion of his life and times and and and career as a war as a politician, and as a warlord. Most recently twenty nineteen, this book Hitler at Global Biography by Brendan Simms. This is an important book, and specifically at dovetails with something I've written about rather extensively. That is, it's my belief that Itolf Hitler believed America to be his primary adversary. He believed Roosevelt was his personal enemy. He believed in America was you know, new deal America, you know, as as America had become constitutive if a nine thirty three revolution. Hitler viewed that his permanent and he wasn't wrong. He viewed America as the as the as the foe of Europe, and uh, he viewed it as this still essence of you know, kind of the the the uh, like the Jewish perspective on on political life, you know, and kind of like the penultimate expression of of of of Jewish social engineering, you know, rit large like people turn around and say, you know, you can't say that, you know, the entire raison detra of the NSDAP was was was anti Bolshevism, and its emergence owed one hundred percent to you know, the emergence of revolutionary communism. You know, so you can't discuss this discrete quantity, you know, contra America that developed, according you know to geostrategic challenges and ideological discourse somehow unrelated to that, you know, and and and and and came to you know, identify America as as as the primary adversary. I want to get into my rebuttal to that today in terms of what actually happened, you know, rather than counter factuals. And we're gonna cover a little bit of familiar ground. But I figured today you know, i'll kind of address you know, I'll kind of present rebuttals to what I think on the main objections to that perspective. I just I just explained the second episode, the second part you know, well, uh, we'll talk about Hitler contra Roosevelt and the kind of direct hostile discourse between the two, you know, Roosevelt's radio addresses and Hitler's radio addresses. They were they were obviously in direct dialogue with each other, and it's fascinating. And then finally, you know how I want to get into some comparing, comparing and contrasting, you know, in direct kind of in direct capacity, you know, of textual criticism, you know, like the Sims book and books like RHS. Stolphie is fantastic biographia. Hitler called Hitler beyond evil and tyranny and John Toland, who I believe wrote the kind of seminal buyer for Madolf Hitler. I part ways to them on some claims, and we'll get into that later. Toland, I mean, you know, and I know I know that he I know that, I know that I'm Toland accepted some aspects of court the court history, the court history narrative, and the Nuremberg narrative that people find highly objectionable. But you know, the astute for historical review when they were quite a bit harder line. Are you leaving there today? You know, like hosted him on multiple occasions the guy wasn't you know, some milk toast And he wasn't you know some he was. He wasn't just some some some national review type you know, trying to trying to score points by you know, writing an edgy book and you know, during the deton era or something.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to ask the question before we go on to Sims reference Hitler's second book A Lot. Yeah, can you address the people who think that it is not legitimate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because every day idiots tell me things are fake. The girl's areas are fake, mine comp's fake. Hitler's second book is fake. You know, Mike Dick is fake. The moon landing is fake. The air we breathe is fake. Like I was fucking retarded. I'm sick of it. Like it's not it's not fake, you know, like at some point people have to accept that reality is what it appears to be, you know. And somehow, somehow the second book tracks exactly what with Hitler related to confidence, particularly you know, to Gebbels to uh has you know, long before the most critical phases that war ensued. Obviously, you know, things that he disclosed to Spear, who I Spear was a real weasel, but he was. You know, that doesn't mean you discount every single thing he said as being as being some some self serving lie like at all own it. I'm sure that sounded puerile, but like I I, I am so sick of people just declaring things to be faked, you know, like I it's it's like it's like a mental illness or something, you know, people. That's why I object to not for the tangent, but I don't like the whole like red pill metaphor, because it's like it's just it's just it's this idea that everybody's kind of diddy bopping around like an idiot. Then they come to some like special knowledge that like things are what they appear to be, Like they all of a sudden real that like maybe everything they see on CNN isn't true, you know, and that's the rid pill. So then if that they decided like literally everything on this planet is fake, you know, like Hitler was fake. He worked for Wall Street and the builder Bergs put him there, and you know, World War two was fake, and then the Cold War was fake, you know, so you know, in the fake moon landing was part of the fake Cold War that's it's it's it's really really really really stupid. Like it's how it's how really stupid people kind of like make sense of a world that confuses them. You know. It's like these hood guys will claim that like he heaps and treat fruit punch like makes you sterile, and you're like, that doesn't make any sense, Like not a dog it do it do? It's literally the same thing. It's like just as fucking stupid. You know, they're okay, fine, everything is fake. All right, I'm an idiot and everything's fake, so don't watch.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's get into it.
Speaker 2: I think there's like Hitler in terms of his character that's misrepresented by people like Alan Block, by people like kersh uh really about kind of the seminal Like mainstream historians of Hitler, they cast him as this kind of provincial rube who was not an old worldly you know, and you know kind of had no understanding of power, political affairs outside of you know, this narrow corner literally of the kind of of of the Hassery Empire where he was raised. You know, this kind of this kind of underdeveloped, you know, sort of failing by the time he was born like monarchists, dinosaur, you know, that was that was racked by like ethnic conflict and and things and that kind of arcane political structures, you know, and and and intrigues and dead as they're in. That's not at all the case. It was very very rare for people in Hitler's epoch to travel overseas, you know, like for example, it was like a big deal when like Wilson went to Europe. You know, Hitler himself also and uh Is Kuzabek and and his sister Relayed. Hitler was in love with like American stuff when he was like when he was a little kid. Hitler's two passions were reading, and he constantly would pour over maps with his colored pencils. He was obsessed with geography and cartography and sketching out with his pencils, you know, battle scenarios of you know, the Napoleonic Wars and you know the Franco Prussian Wars and like these great conflicts he'd read about. But he loved reading about cowboys and Indians and like playing cowboys and Indians. And something I found hilarious is, you know the wheat Croft collection that that that eccentric englishman from Central Casting Wheatcroft, who's got the most extensive collection of third rite artifacts on this planet, from you know, like Hitler busts to uh pans or tanks and everything in between. I guess when the Berghoff was dynamited, there was still the basement areas one could access and bergo and we Croft and his buddy they went there. They repelled down, you know, into the basement area. I mean, they're lucky didn't collapse on them. And there was like a game room there, you know, like I guess there was like this, there was a bowling alley, but everywhere there was like Coca Cola signs and like a Coca Cola vending machine. And I guess we crossed buddies, Like wasn't this like nuts and we cross Like No, Hitler loved Coca Cola. You know, his favorite movie was King Kong. You know he uh Hitler had fought the Americans, you know as uh as uh as a Lonza in in the Reichs and and in the Kaiser's Army. Okay, Hitler wasn't like ignorant of America or something or like just viewed it as you know, like in the way like some provincial European, you know, full of sort of small minded and small town of prejudice. His would and what he began saying to his one time confident uh Putsi Hofstangle. Hofstangle was one of the even after the even after the ram Purge hop Stangle, he was one of the people who was a you know, at least party adjacent, if not you know, truly insinuated into the into the end of the inner circleabal of fighters. You know, he was in that orbit, and he'd speak freely to Hitler, and he was constantly trying to sway Hitler away from viewing the Soviet Union as something that had to be destroyed. And Rosenberg hated him, and both men seem to think they get somehow like sway the fewer of their perspective out of Russia. You know, obviously Rosenberg this you know, violently punitive view of Russia, which is totally understandable him being a Baltic German. And Hoshtengle said to Hitler that, you know, it would be a fool's error and for any you know, for any for any world, or or any you know, to to make war in the Soviet Union. You know, that'd be an unwinnable war, and Hitler said no, no. Hitler said, uh, that would be an essential war. An unwinnable war would be against the United States. When it awakens, the United States is going to rule this planet. You know, I'm paraphrasing, but in the second book he talks about how America possesses quite literally fifty percent of this planet's you know, natural resources. Hitler himself had he had an uncanny ability to take reams of data and take conceptual and and take conceptual sets of data that don't really lend themselves to you know, translating into inputs. And he had this kind of way of understanding how these things translate the power political variables, you know, both concrete and behavioral and everything else. Hitler viewed the United States. Says, this burgaining superpower unlike anything the world had ever seen. And in terms of the American people, one of the things Sims drives home and this makes me so happy, because I've been saying this for ages, and people claim it's like a quote quote unquote cope right apologia. Keitler did not view the German people as some master race as they existed in nineteen thirty three. He thought Germany was in terrible shape. He said, you know, the thirty years wore smashed Germany into pieces literally, you know. And he's like, in sixteen forty eight, our population was scattered to the four Wins. You know, we like lost who we were, you know, like the best of our the best of our mentioned material was was in the grave, you know. And he's like, there was this kind of like this. You had a bunch of uh, you know, you had a bunch of people made war refugees who had been made into like refugees, you know, who are basically forcely assimilated into you know, by by the you know, by by these by these slavonic peoples that they then had to live among after being banned from banish from their own land, you know. And he said, after that, you know, Germany, even uh, even after unification, you know, Germany is slightly smaller than Wyoming, you know, in power political terms, Germany is a tiny country with no with no natural resources, like all it has is its people. And you know, from the turn of the nineteenth century until the immigration reform Acts of nineteen twenty four, something like five point nine million Germans had left in Germany for the United States. You know, Hitler said like these were our best people. You know, He's like, they were the people who could survive a journey, you know, which in those days was no small thing. You had to be a robust person. You know. These are the guys gonna handle, you know, like weathering poverty and terrible hardship for years of need be to build something. You know. These are the guys who weren't afraid to literally look at a location on a map and say, I'm going to travel thousands of miles away in some cases, you know, and live on this new continent. You know. Hitler's like what was left in Europe? You know, He's like or people who were just like weaker in mind and spirit, or people had been like left behind by history. It goes on to say, and only to the fact, you know, Hitler knew Americans. He fought them. He said, like, you know, when I fought these people, when we fought these people, you know, he's like, they're these large, robust people, you know, and he's like compared to them, you know, he was like real like this kind of like sinewy weaklings who get knocked out by rifle fire. You know, He's like, these guys could take shit to the chest and like in some cases recover. You know, he's like it was, He's like, we didn't stand a chance in nineteen eighteen being bled white as we had like fighting like you know, the American Army, you know, the book which in those days was made up of a bunch of German people, you know, by by race, if you want to look at like that. Okay, So this was this was Hitler's perspective. You know. It wasn't uh, America sucks. You know, it's weak, it's misigenated. You know, the Germans are the best people on earth. It was the opposite. It was we're dying out, and the only way we cannot die out is through this kind of top down process of pelagenesis, part of which is spiritual, you know, part of which is is historical in nature, you know, part of which is physical and biological quite literally, you know, part of which is a matter of social engineering. But of such a nature that's going to have organic residents, and isn't you know, just some sort of contrived isn't just some sort of contrived political program, you know, like emerging from the minds of of of you know, a of a of a minute of an information ministry or something. So this is where this is where Hitler was coming from. And I want to add two. And Sims makes this point in both mind comp and the second book. Hitler does not He barely even mentions black people. He says that he has some punitive things to say about the American South because he said that importing he said, importing thousands or millions of of of of Negro or Aboriginal slaves. He said, that's called barbaric. You know, he didn't so much mean it's like mean to enslaved people. And he didn't mean that at all. Like he meant that, you know, having this like massive slave population that's not as similable. You know that in some places outnumbers you know, the you know, the the master casts. I mean that there's literally perverse, you know. And he uh, beyond that, and mind comp he makes some passing reference to how, you know, they kind of the kind of universality of cultural identity and you know kind of like kind of like rudimentary religion, no matter how primitive it can be, and it may be. And he said that like, you know, people even see this, and you know people even see this in the most like primitive Negro tribe, you know, which was like shorthand for like Afrians. So that's you know, I I mean, like why is that important. It's not that it's so important, but for years, not just the long proceeds like like wokesm and kind of fake scholarship online, there's this like narrative that like Hitler for no reason and had some like demented hatred of blacks and like hated Jesse Owens. And I mean that's like that's there's literally demented. But that that was basically Hitler's musings in America kind of like looking at at the strategic landscape when you know, he became reix Chnsler that when mister Roosevelt took the oath of office. So why was Hitler so fixated on Russia. Well, there's the obvious exigence of you know, it being Germany being situated on the Soviet frontier. You know, the communists were an existential threat to the Germans, you know, the uh there was a an inextricable aspect of anti communism to national socialism. But the thing is the Germans, said one in Germany. I mean, that's why Hitler was Hitler. Hitler was a reichs Consler. You know. Some years later, you know, they won in Spain, you know, like the the Communists were losing in Western Europe. And the thing with communism is that, you know, once it once, it loses that kind of like revolutionary fervor, it don't it doesn't come back. You know. That's why after World War Two, you know, when one would think like, oh, you know, like marcist Leminism is a zenith. You know, in the Third World it was, but in Europe, like nobody they it literally had to be imposed at the point of a band, you know. So it's a it's a different thing, you know. And uh so people will there another people will raise the question then like well then why why why was the War in the East literally declared to be a rosen Krige, and why was it so brutal? And why why why did the hit are formally distinguished it from the War in the West. And I'll give into this in a minute and declare that you know, any German officer enlisted man in the East is immune to prosecution for crimes against humanity, you know, and as a contrary, you know, the the occupation of France or nothing like that would be tolerated, you know, not not even like by anybody. There's an interesting little factoid. I think it's more than a factoid. I think it's fundamentally important. There's this really interesting book. It's not my favorite books. It's by this often named Prouden Prodden pr w D I m. The Mongol Empire or the Mongols in their Empire by Michael Prodden, which was a pen name. But this book made the rounds in German academ you know, in the in the I think the first I think the first edition was published in nineteen twenty nine. If somebody, if I'm wrong, somebody correct me. But people like among comparative, people into like comparative social anthropology and cultural anthropology, people into philology, particularly people into military science. They found us to be a very important book. Heindrich Himmler became fixing down this book at the at the SS younger schools. It was a signed reading. Every SS officer, upon receiving his commission, was given a copy of it. Jack and Piper his uh, his term paper or his thesis. I guess what he considered you know, his like bachelor's thesis when he was when he was at SS Officer School. It was on the Mongols, but it was it was on a specific aspect of uh Mongol culture. That aspect was something called the Yasa y a s s A. Yasa was quite literally the law of the Mongol Empire. But in the Mongol Empire, the law was literally kept secret and it never made public. The Yasa had its origin and wartime decrees. Later it was expanded, extrapolated from these military conventions, you know, to include behavioral conventions, you know, things relating to cultural things and and conjugal things and and you know, disputes over property and things like this. But it remained a secret. It was, but it's believed and there's a very incomplete record of the Mongols in terms of you know, their cultural practice and things. It's believed that this was supervised by genghis Ka himself was who appointed his adopted son Shigi Kutsu. It's kind of a like like a high judge or like a lawgiver. Okay. He appointed his second son, Shaga Tai Khan to oversee the law as execution, you know, quite literally as lord high executioner. Now, this idea of a body of law that obviously one of the reasons for its secretiveness is not just so that you know, the high lawgiver can maintain this mystique and decrees therein and precedent can be modified and applied selectively, but it also you know, it's it also it also obviously he speaks of of of believe in the divine origin, okay, the social order, and of military endeavors, and of you know, the the function of soldiery in and of itself. Okay, Piper wrote his, uh, his his paper on Yasa, and you know, uh it got glowing marks from his teachers, and Himler would Himler Piper would periodically refer to Gengis Khan and Mongol concepts just in the discussion of military affairs. This obviously like loved really large in his mind. Okay. So what this translates to is there was a belief that they're they're they're quite ahead to be some sort of adjacent moral ethos of you know, your vanguard soldiery, you know, and that's what the SS was supposed to be. You know, they were supposed to be a kind of they're supposed to be kind of the reconstuted to Tic knights, but they they were really kind of a it isn't a perfect example, but they were almost, uh, you know, like a jihad element, Okay, and some sort of integrated some sort of integrated structure of you know, law and command authority and theological small t theological imperatives is really what something like that requires. And I'll get into that in a minute, like why that is so important? Okay. A couple things that stand out, A couple of instances, you know, with people who discuss some command responsibility relating the relating to the German war crimes and on genocide in the in the Second World War. One of those instances is Himler's posting speech. There's speeches in October ninety forty three where Himmler addressed and assembled you know, the assembled higher SS and police leaders and he's any openly stated stated we're talking about we're talking about the the eradication of the Jewish people. This was in nineteen forty three October, which really shouldn't surprise anybody considering the state of things. Okay. The second instance that they tend to raise, you know, they raise it as is almost almost like a litigation attorney, would you know an admission by a party opponent the over Salzburg speech on August twenty second, ninety thirty nine, which obviously was right, you know, it was the eve of the assault on Polam. This American journalist Louis P. Lockner just gets a little complicated. He contacted a diplomat named Alexander Coms dot Kirk. He showed him the text of this speech that Hitler had the Hitler at the Hitler had delivered h to the assembled, over to the to the assembled the brass at over Salzburg. In turn, it was transmitted to the British diplomat George Ogilvy Forbes, who of course made it public in British intelligence circles, you know, almost immediately. And the belief almost certainly, or the understanding almost certainly, was it was Wilhelm Canaris, the chief of the advert who was the intelligence leak okay, and he was he was present there, and it's interesting for all kinds of reasons that this is what he chose to really, this is what he chose to leak in lieu of some other things over the because because Canaris didn't leak everything and sometimes he did what was what one will consider to be the patriotic thing to do at critical junctures, like other times he was engaged in catastrophic acts of treason as relays to you know, the disclosure of what would be considered eyes only secrets. But he has in may these documents, the documents considering this speech, or at least the notes that constituted the speech, as much as as much as our snitch who will will accept as Canaris proffered to the allies, every every uh, every exhibit profitent Nrberg was cataloged with a letter in a number code. This the text of the speech. It's his paragraph and number code is paragraph three of Exhibit L three. It's it's I'll read irrelevant paragraphs. It's short. This is Hitler speaking. Our strength consists in our speed and in our brutality. Genghis Khan led millions of women and children to slaughter with premeditation and a happy heart. History season m solely the founder of a state. It's a matter of indifference to me. With a week, Western European civilization will say about me. I've issued the command. I don't have anybody who utters but one word of criticism executed by fire squad, that our war aim is not consist in reaching certain lines, but in the physical destruction of the enemy. Accordingly, I placed my death head formation in readiness to the present only in the only in the East, with orders to them to send death mercilessly and without compassion. With sent with orders to them to send to death merciless lead and without compassion, men, women and children have polished the rivation and heritage be Thus shall we gain the living space which we need? Who, after all, speaks today of the annihilation of the Armenians. That's that famous quote about the Armenians comes from. Okay, So what is Hitler saying now, mind you, when he talks about putting any insubordinate person of the firing squad, he's saw having the men in uniform without exception. Okay, So that's that's raconian, but it's appropriate, Okay, within the commonly accepted laws and customs of war as uh. That coupled with the Commissar order, couple with the Barbarossa decree, you know which. Again I'm not going to read verbatim word for word the text of those documents, but it essentially stripped away any and all precedent relating, you know, permissive or compulsory related to the laws and customs of wars in sixteen forty eight, while acknowledging that in the West these things would still be scrupulously honored and observed. Okay, so what does that mean? What that means is that, in practical terms, Hitler realized that in order to become a superpower, Germany had to annihilate everything east of the order that was not reconcilable with the German ambition, you know, of conquering, of conquering a land mass essentially from uh, from the Atlantic Ocean, you know, to uh, the Earls and perhaps beyond. There's no way that one can reconcile that ambition. And there's no way that one can imagine a strategy, grand strategy that doesn't entail some variant of that whereby Germany survives. You know, it's I mean, if you want to and you know, keep in mind too, like you know, you know, Prussia was populated when the Prussians conquered it. You know, these uh, these these winds, they there were people somebody adjacent to you know, the pagan Baltic tribes, you know, who who some of the later crusades were waged against. You know, this was this was a wild land. But you know, the this precedent within the German cultural and military psychology for this, and you know, it's like it's like saying, you know, people saying like, oh, you know, it's it's laughable to say that. You know, the Hitler viewed America is the adversary of Europe, you know, when he was talking about putting you know, entire countries to the sword in the East. It's really not man, I mean, it's the the US. You know, did during the Creek War did uh did did people view the United Kingdom as uh as a greater existential threat to America or you know, or the Comanche. You know, one thing is related to the other because you know, if you're fighting quite literally a war against two discrete populations, you know, there's there's there's there's gonna be some sort of weighing of you know, the relative threat potential of both. But the idea that you know, the willingness to exterminated people in lieu of abiding the laws and customs of war, it's pre efficient evidence that those people are you know, your worst enemy. That's not conceptually, that's not how high politics works the theory are we Are we saying that today on the news every day? Yeah, yeah, exactly. The you know, there's also too, there's not we don't think of Germany as a colonial power, you know, during the second wave of colonialism, but they were, you know, and then arguably contextual preducts too. Is the Herrero uprising in nineteen oh four in German Africa. General Lothar Monrotha there was this uprising obviously of of these Herrero tribesmen and they were they they were driven out and chased into the into and into the cold, into this adjacent territory of the Kalahari Desert, you know, which was uh which was a waste land, okay, Montroda. He had them locked down and he in any any refugees who tried to access water were shot. So when Troth and his men were quite literally hunting these people to extinction in the desert, Charte himself referred to the order he was, the order that he issued regarding the treatment of these people and not distinguishing, you know, between between persons, you know, just like you know, regardless of sex, age, ability to bear arms, overall health. You know, they were all to be killed so called very next Clumbus baffle quite literally an annihilation order or annihilation command, and his words the quote, the hero are no longer German subjects within the German border. Every hero was shot with her without rifle, with without care. I take no more wives and child, no child. I take no more wives and no children. I drive them back to their people, or let them be shot. You know. I mean, that's uh, incredibly hard words from a hard man. But the you know, I realize I'm jumping around a lot. I hope that doesn't. I hope that that's not you know, rendering this ole page.
Speaker 1: You'll bring it back home.
Speaker 2: We got it right, the uh to bring it back the sims And I tell you, you know, I make the point about Hiller being Hitler was a political gambler, but he's militarily cautious. And that's a stuffy point as well. We'll get into some of that too, because it's significant to kind of like the the myth versus reality of Adolf Hitler. But something, something that something that uh is uh is undeniable, is that Hitler was several steps ahead of his generals. I don't think anybody in an Okay, in the ok W had a truly developed sense of the political in the way that Hitler did. Okay, in generals for the most part don't. That's something is it's crazy to me people these days in this country act like generals, you know, understand power political affairs, and that it's it's perfectly legitimate for them to have opinions on policy, like you know, the army has no policy. But it's also and this isn't me trashing military men. They they they you know, in concrete particulars and every kind of discreets. You know, it's a it's remarkably complicated but a very discrete, you know, sort of a sphere of action. You know, they don't generally have a great understanding of the political impactfulness of military activity, nor how political occurrences index and milatary military activity. I mean most people don't, but you know, General's especially this stands out contraary Hitler. Hitler could look at a political situation and at burgeting crisis and generally discern what was developing, you know, four or five proverbial moves ahead, like that's what the game of chess is Okay, Like I I went to a phase. I was playing a lot of chess as a kid, and like I read all the chess books and stuff. Then I found out, like I love pool, you know and hears. But you know what these with these chess masters can do. Like like there's this movie about like Bobby Fisher that was you know Peope. Now he's like a persona on Grada because he's like anti Semitic or he said something nice about Serbia or something, but he's you know, he was canceled. But there's this movie about Bobby Fisher and you know kind of like his life as this you know, child prodigy and the way they portray it. I realized we've got to portray things in a certain way in film and make it compelling, but especially if it's a cerebral process you're trying to convey to the audience. But the way these the way these high level chess kids are like playing, it's almost like a shootout. You know, Like Fisher like moves his night you know, then like the other kid like Perry's almost and moves his Bishop. It's not how like top level chess masters played. They're like they're like five moves ahead, you know, and they're and and they're they're figuring out the best way to facilitate like that end game. You know, then I've already seen and like if that potentiality collapses, it's like, okay, you know there are this there's said they're rapidly reorienting towards you know, another outcome that's like five moves ahead. You know. That's and that the same thing with the game theory. You know, if you want to fight and win a nuclear war, I don't I want to get into the debate about like, you know, can win a nuclear war? There's an ethical judgment and also like yes you can, but it depends on what the victory metric is. And that's that's uh that that's not an absolute criteria. But point being, if you're gonna fight and win a nuclear war, you you basically have to be three steps ahead. Okay, you can't. You can't be rendering decision, you know, in the in the moment and waiting for way, waiting for the variables to reveal. But uh so Hitler, Hitler realized that god damn one thing, I lost my train of thought as I'm still like not a one hundred percent. Oh, Hitler took on December one, uh, you know, right, just on December eleventh, and we'll get into this next time. That was that was Hitler's speech to the Reichstag, you know, where he announced that the declaration of war against the United States. This was also you know, as the assault on Moscow was was was was failing, like catastrophically. Hitler a famous Nations of the Order, you know, the Army group center, don't you dare retreat? And this is characterized as like Hler being you know, like this madman. But Hilo was a salvage. Uh what remained of the operation because Moscow had to fall in December or all was lost. Okay, And I believe he knew that on some level, and everything I think subsequent was an anti climax. But apparently apparently ok W over you know, Bermont high command. This was when w Chief Operations Walter Varlamont, he contacted Yodel and said, you know who was then a who was then chief of operations of OKW Arland, you know, said you know, can you have you heard of the fear is that declared war in America? You know? Yodel said yes, and according to Varlo Mont, like Yodel is like white is a sheet, you know, it said that. You know, now the the you know, the the general stab is charged with you know, no way to examine where where the United States is like mostly going to employ the bulk of our forces initially, whether it's the far East Europe, and we can't take further decisions until that has been clarified. Villamont replied, well, he said, this is obviously a necessary consideration, you know, commissioning this analysis. But he said, you know, he said, this is mad. We've never been considered a war against the United States, and we have no data on which to base this examination. We can hardly undertake this job. Just like that. Hitler fired for Elman what he heard of this and said he never wanted to see him again or speak to him. Hitler sidelined Yodel, and Hitler said, you know what, I'm making myself a chieve a staff of ok w Hitler said, there's nothing, he said, there's nothing that like he said, there's nothing like a general, a staff officer, a feld Marshall can teach an army. What what he can do is he can educate them politically, you know, and he can explain to them what needs to be done by inundating them with an understanding of the stakes they're in. Now again people turn around to say, like that meglomaniac Hitler, like he appointed himself chief of okw Well you know what he did by doing that? Everything that went wrong. Now Hitler could not issue responsibility for okay, from that point forward, he couldn't blame the generals or the army for sabotaging anything. Or it seems like the play of a man who was trying to avoid responsibility or take on offices you know, symbolic or or wielding actual authority, you know, for the sake of for the sake of glory. But part of Hitler's rage here, you know, it was against Varlomont. It was what the hell you're talking about? Like, the whole reason we're doing this is because America is going to destroy us. You know, we don't survive unless we become a superpower. You know, we don't survive unless we can compete on at least conditions to parody with the United States, you know, and fortify you know, fortify the Western the Atlantic Wall, and such depth that it's essentially suicide to assault it, you know, and and sort of force America to accept UH our hegemony over the continent and Central Asia west of the Uralls, just as you know, everybody's every you know, all other all rival sovereign powers are are you know, must accept Americas to Germany pursua for the them in Roe doctrine. And that was uh, that was Hitler's thinking, you know, it's his exact words. It's were this little, this little affair of operational command is really something anybody can do. The commander in chief's job is to train the army in the national socialist idea, and I know of no general who could do that. Is I want it done. For that reason, I've taken it. I've taken command of the army myself. The European winner of nineteen forty one. In the forty two was, uh was the coldest the twentieth century. There's rarely temperatures of forty nine below fahrenheit, just just horrible conditions to fight. And you know, but again it's the UH. Germany was racing the clock, you know, it wasn't just Stalin planned to assault the German Reich. Absolutely, but even with that not the case, you know, Germany had to survive. Germany had to they had to win in the East before America was able to was able to accomplish full mobilization. And the Rainbow five document, which was leaked, you know, for years, it was blamed on poor hap Arnold deliberately I believe, by intelligencelement the United States. But but the entire league in the Rainbow five document was to convince Berlin and specifically Hitler, that America could reach full mobilization potential and deploy in both the Pacific and the European battle theater. You know, with the they basically pushed it back, push it forward a year in in in you know, control was actually possible, you know, and Hitler saw the writing on the wall, and that's why it's laughable. And you know, I mean it raised this again because we're talking about like the real Hitler here and and his ambitions as well as his character is warlord. But there's this idea that you know, Hitler declared war in the United States for no reason or because he was a crazy man, or because he wanted he wanted to quote distract people from the looming failure in the East, which makes no sense whatsoever. But it's you know, I the United State has already declared war on Germany. The fact though on December eleven, or I'm on September eleventh, another US September eleventh, ninety forty one, when you know, the Department of the part the War Department declared that any any German flagship UH in the North Atlantic encountered by American vessels will be destroyed, you know. So that's that's in strategic terms and political terms, all this, I mean, all this coalesces into you know, an inevitability that you know, an American global superpower means that Germany parishes and Germany is Europe, and Europe is Germany, and power political terms such that we're I sent in the twentieth century, you know. And that's that's another thing too. And we'll get into this as as we get into some of the second book. This some of the substance stuff in the second book Hitler. Hitler viewed the Soviet Union. It's kind of a Frankenstein's monster, where there was this revolutionary cadre piloting the proverbial head that without that kind of firm control on the other machinery of that monstrous head, you know, the entire the entire set of Golam just just it collapses, you know, or perhaps it's hijacked by you know, socialist nationalists, Russian elements obviously, you know, like like mister Yaki predicted as well. But that doesn't m But you know, the nascity globalism, which everybody understood, is what underlay the Second World War and power political developments both preceding it and intrinsic to the conflict itself. Everybody realized that, you know, the the advantage in terms of what would structure like what system would structure the planet, like went to America. You know what the Union had going for it was military, you know, so there's that too. And obviously this was you know, pre atomic age, so that didn't teach into the equation. But let me see what I'll say. There's something else I think I want to do. Mention. Yeah, well, uh again, I'm sorry, I mean kind of scattershot. I'm still I'm still not one hundred percent. We'll get into the brass tax of We'll get into the brass tax of. Still, if he's characterization of Hitler, the Sims book will get directly into some of the Sims claims, and you know, there will be kind of a a comparative retrospective, you know on these kinds of soft revisionist views of of the fear, like what they have in common with you know, in terms of in terms of historical agreement and what they don't. And then maybe, uh, maybe we'll conclude, you know with discussing told a little bit more and you know kind of like the personal side of Hitler and how that's been that that's that's been kind of more more addressed, more and more and more mature and sober way as well, which makes sense because what we're godless feel we're as about anyone feels about a giant historical personage, it's you know, his personal life such that it exists, and then given cases, is essential understanding the man. And that's uh, that's all I got. Like I said, sorry if I if I wasn't up to snuff. I'm still getting over my last about of a hutod misery.
Speaker 1: No problem at all. Do some quick plugs and uh we'll get out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, you can find me at uh Thomas seven seven seven dot com. There's number seven hm s seven seven seven dot com on Twitter at real capital r e A O underscore number seven h M A S seven seven seven subs deck is where like my bread and butter like content is including the pod. It's it's some real Thomas seven seven seven subse dot com. Those are the only plugs I got.
Speaker 1: All right until part two? Thank you, Thomas, Yeah, man, thank you. I want to welcome everyone back to the Pecana Show Back from the road, Thomas seven seven seven. Are you doing, Thomas, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going well, man, Yeah it was. It was a very good trip. And West Virginia is a fascinating place and it's a really it's just really interesting part of the country, man. And it's still America is so big. There's still like a lot of there's a lot of differences between places, you know, on the ground, like at the local level, and that that was no exception. Like I went to this guy's Like there's this guy like an antique like junk shop, and what he looked just like he like he literally just looked like some a horder like sitting in a garage or the things like what he was he was like selling the shitty hordes. And uh, there was some like fascinating stuff there, some of which was like not remotely politically correct.
Speaker 1: There when you get to the South. When you get to the South, you can find a lot of places like that.
Speaker 2: Well fastating Like Buddy Damon, who was from a shy town, he uh he found this. Uh he found this menu from a Picaninnies rest runs. Uh. It's like a it was on like a you know, like it was like it was like a menu that's like also like a mask you know, in in front of your face, like uh the right player leading correct defection of uh I guess a pick and then eat and then like we look at the back and it was uh it was it was from a freaking location that was on like West Madison in Chicago, like back in the day. I'm like, wow, it's wild. But uh yeah, all that all that kind of stuff that people, I guess, I kind of stuff that makes like redditors like soil their painties with like outrage and shock or something like whoa, just whoa this used to exist Like uh but that I mean, you find some pretty weird shit like here, you know in Chicago, like that d DR helmet that's like an original like Volks PULITZI like M fifty six helmet I totally I found this like random antique shop and there's this old lady's like, oh that's my husband stuff. It's give me like thirty dollars for it, So like yeah, bet, but but I mean, you know, it's like I saw it's like weird in an entirely different way. And but we went to this like really good barecue place. Like my guts weren't bringing means it's got a pepsi but uh, it was just it was literally like these two trailers and like this guy, uh, this like boss hog looking guy like working at grill and like uh and then yeah, like a couple of like picnic tables. It's like an eating area and like it's like this is fucking nuts. You know. I cash only of course. So yeah, uh, like Rustic America lives on at least in West Virginia's that's good to see. Man. I spend so much time in like big cities, you know, I uh and and being like in places you know, like Baltimore suburbs like DC or it's like damn, man, like's everything been like homogenized into into a big like Walmart. So it's it's good to see that ship. Yeah, yeah, it was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, growing up in the city and now living where I live. It's when I go to the city now that I'm like, what the hell's going on here? I don't really know. I want to go Yeah, I want to go back to the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, the country is dope. But I'm a Slickers, so like I can't permanently leave. I like, uh, I can only survive like in this ecology or something like I don't know, like too much wholesomeness and clean air. It might like kill me.
Speaker 1: But all right, man, Part two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I something I think I need to emphasize. And like I said, like the reason I discussed primarily the Sims biography of Hitler from twenty seventeen last time, when I said Roosevelt was Hitler's primary was Hitler's mortal enemy. Like people must understand what I'm saying. That's not you know, people kind of accept mainstream narratives. They're like, oh, yeah, you know Hitler was anti American. No no, no, no, that's not what I'm saying. And it's not Hitler didn't cove it. I mean, Hillar definitely was practicing like Velt's politique and uh like gross wrong politique. But I mean this idea like oh, hilar had American sites on ground to some ambition for you know, like like world domination. That's ridiculous too, I mean for no other reason. I mean ridigulous conceptually. But Germany. Germany is a country. It's smaller than Wyoming, Okay, I mean it's just not. And finally, you know, like I said in one of our earlier series, I cited Hannah Rent it was an interesting thinker for a few reasons, but one of uh in her book The Origin of Sutalitarianism, which is a stupid title because that sounds like just some kind of boiler plate you know, kind of like dummy academia type work product of the kind that came out of the era. But it's actually a really insightful book. And you know, she was an actolte a heigha girl. It may have been like a romantic partner of his, but you know, she's not making the point that like Hitler wasn't a nationalist and then like German nationalism was dead, you know, and the you don't understand national socialism and you don't understand the move Hitler was making if you don't understand that he was thinking in terms of like the superpower age, you know, and to survive, Europe had to be able to capture you know, the land and racesources that it needed in order to in order to mobilize into into a superpower. You know, like the future belonged to the United States and the Soviet Union and and their respective ideology, because unless Europe could find a way to survive. And also, you know, Roosevelt was Roosevelt due to Hitler as his as his adversary. You know, the New Deal regime, it was a revolutionary regime in all kinds of ways in terms of its values and underlying philosophies, but it base also the framework for globalism, at least conceptually, was being laid by the ideologies of the day, and the New Deal was no exception. And if another reason, you know, like we've told we haven't really talked about this here, and it's it's outside the scope. But like the Great Depression, I I don't think it's mysterious. I mean, I think, like I've said before, like Murray Rothbard's book on it, I think it's the best treatment. And Joseph Schumpeter his his his, his magnum opus business cycles was the huge undertaking. It's like two volumes. It's incredibly complicated, but that kind of explains over time how such things can occur at scale. But I mean it was basically a cash drout and it owed the absence of an integrated banking structure. Okay, I don't want to get a debate about like whether banking is evil or not, like the guys say, like banking on their brain or like cockroaches, like they'll infest like a discussion and then they won't shut the fuck up because they think bankers pissing their corn flakes. I don't want to talk about that. But what's what's what's inarguable though, is that, however you fall on the issue of you know, fiat currency in that entirere kind of category of of economics, you know, like like finance economics and monetary economics, it was clear that you know, not just for not not just not just owing to you know, conceptual and political reasons, but for structural reasons, you know, like globalism was was going to take shape somehow, so you're you're going to become a superpower or die. And you know, Roosevelt obviously owing to an affinity for the Soviet Union, but also viewing doing Europe as as as basically America's like primary adversary. I mean that that's perverse for a lot of reasons, but within the kind of internal logic of of like the New Deal ideology, I mean, it makes sense. All Right, I'm gonna started. I want to talk a little bit about Hitler's December eleventh speech to the I mentioned that before. It's tremendously important. Okay, for a long time. We're gonna talk about that. We're gonna talk about Roosevelt's radio address in nineteen thirty eight, which was a direct challenge to Hitler, and then Hitler surprised everybody Hitler. Hitler directly responded to Roosevelt point by point, and the consensus was that he utterly destroyed him and like made him look like a fool. And the thing about Hitler was that Hitler wasn't a normal politician. He wrote all his own speeches, he didn't have speech writers, despite the fact that he kind of founded the modern political campaign. Like, Hitler wasn't going around taking public opinion polls and like worrying about optics. You know, he put a premium on presentation and elon and a certain esthetic you know that would obviously animate people and kind of stir their passions. But in terms of the content of what he'd say, he he was basically like he was behaving like some kind of evangelical preacher almost you know. Everything came back to like the European cause and like the Natil Socials revolution, and these are ambitions. You know, this is what we have to do. You know, this is this is this, this can't be compromised. You know, these are the core principles, you know, like it was never Oh I'm talking. I'm talking you know, the German labor front, you know, so I'm gonna I'm gonna pretend to be a worker or like you know now I'm talking to the I'm talking to you know, men who represent the textiles industry. So I'm gonna pretend you know that they're gonna get subsidies if they beck me and you know, put money in the calls like ship like that didn't even figure into the equation. Okay, Roosevelt, I think thought Hitler was was a politician. I don't think I don't think Roosevelt had a real interest in the rest of the world, you know, like he was worldly in the way that like the kind of the the old like Brahmin cast here was. But he you know, it's like Hitler was a polymath until his until Hitler's i'd say, before night and forty, you know, when hilar really started deteriorating in terms of his health and everything. Hitler didn't do anything all day but consumed data, you know, like out of gunch famously related. He's like, you know, during during OKW briefings, like somebody would misstate the caliber of like an artillery piece, or like the specs of like an armored vehicle, and Hiller would correct him, and then like somebody would go check you know, in the in the in the in the tech manual and realize like Hitler was right, you know, like he he was he was uh so, I mean Hitler he had a weird rep for being, you know, a rep for being a weird bohemian who like slept late and stayed up late and had weird habits, which he did. But during his waking hours, everything Roosevelt said publicly Hitler paid attention to and took seriously, like everything Churchill said publicly, like everything that Soviet Union was doing. You know, he was studying it, you know, like he was, that's all he did. You know. So this idea that Roosevelt of like grandstanding and and he issued this kind of like dummy polemic you know about you know, Hitler being a threat to world peak something in that like that would just be allowed to stand, Like that's that's laughable. But we're gonna go backwards it bit because like I said, I think the starting point should be the Reichstek speech, because people don't understand why. First of all, that the Reichstek speech, it was never translated in English and full until the nineteen eighties. Sometimes like the New York Times ran a fake translation like full of Hitler saying crazy things like about he wanted to conquer the world and full of this kind of like vitrol against Jews and stuff. That's not what was said. And I came across the full like accurate translation and it was a dude for historical review stuff sometime in the nineties. But you know it's something, uh it's not. I mean, the speech was. It was significant for a few reasons. First of all, it was Hitler announced that we were up formingly at war with the United States as my declaration of war. And despite what people claim, you know, like I said before, America was waging war on the Third Reich for years, and then three months previously, the US Naval Commanded declared that they were gonna they were gonna fire on any any German flag ship they encountered, and then North Atlantic and then and then and then it was also declared that America's the contiguous zone to America's territorial waters was considered to be our essential defensive concord stretched from stretch all the way to Greenland and and and uh so, I mean it was just basically like America said, like anything in the Atlantic Ocean with the German flag, we're going to kill. Okay, you know, you don't get to turn around and then say like, oh, the Germans are making war on us. But so there was that. And also it's interesting because you know Hitler. Hitler fought American infantry, and like I said in the Sims book, he talked about how like the Americans are better than us, and Key weighs, Yeah, he wasn't some like dummy chauvinists at all, and he said, you know, he he was big into Americana. He loved King Kong, he love Coca Cola. He read Western books all the time, like well history as well as like Pulps. When he was a kid. I mean, he he knew America and like what it was about. You know. So this idea that he he just had some kind of like haughty disdain or that he was like some some hick from the sticks who didn't understand power political scale is ridiculous. But it's also too you know. The Wilson's intervention is what really changed the war. And it wasn't just mean I mean, they changed the outcome of the war, you know. So, I mean, any any American president was going to loom large in the mind of you know, a guy served as as a as a frontline Lonzo, even if he wasn't you know, politically engaged you a littlee the man who's you know, entur of life as politics. So there was a couple of key there's a couple the Speech of the Rights today again, it was Thursday. It was over a Thursday afternoon, December eleventh, nineteen forty one, four days after the Japanese assault in Pear Harvard. Obviously it was an eighty eight minute speech, which for Hitler was long. It uh, he'd written in himself, as he wrote everything himself. He explicated, he explicated why the state of the status of forces in in on the os Front, you know, which by then, um, the assault on Moscow was in the process of failing, so, I mean, a crisis was looming. So Hitler emphasized, you know, the the victories to that point, I mean, which were massive, you know, But mainly he talks about America, you know, like he doesn't he doesn't mention Stalin at all. He talks about the Soviet Union and how the Soviets, the Soviets acted in bad faith. He's like, we signed a non aggression packed because you know, we had no illusions that the Bolsheviks are our mortal enemies. But he said, we believe that they wanted peace, at least for the time being. He says that when it became clear to me, he said, it became clear to me that their attentions were were were a hostile when they when they immediately opened up diplomatic channels with the coup in Yugoslavia ninety forty one, which Yugoslavia was key to Jeremy's ability to deploy in depth obviously, and the coup was a was it was for all frederical purposes with a Chetnik coup, okay, you know. And Hitler said subsequently, you know, the Red Army is deployed offensively on our frontier. He said, only a full wouldn't realize the implications of you know, twenty thousand tanks and you know, dozens of divisions, you know, a raid on the eastern frontier. I mean, so he said that war was forced on us. But you know, there's an inevitability to this paradigm. Anyway. He talks about Churchill as being kind of just like a pathetic cipher of of the focus, which he was. But the rest of it, he talks about Roosevelt, and he talks about America. You know, that's what the bulk of the speech is dedicated to. You know, like while again German forces are actively engaged at the gates of Moscow and across you know, a two thousand mile front, you know, literally the greatest battle in human history. And Hitler's talking about Roosevelt in America, you know, not and that that's apropos, you know, he he basically outlined he well, first he starts out as saying, like, you know, look, he was like, we made repeated peace overtures to London, one of the last of which actually divided the war cabinet and almost cost uh, you know, the Churchill and government. It's mandate. Quoting Hilary says already in nineteen forty, it became increasingly clear from month to month of the plans of the men in the Kremlin were aimed to the domination and the destruction of all of Europe. I already told the nation that building a Soviet Russian military power in the East during a period when Germany he had only a few divisions in the provinces bording Soviet Russia. That's true, continuing, only a blind person could fail to see that the military build up a unique world historyld dimensions is being carried out. This is not in order to protect something that's being threatened, but rather only to attack that which was incapable of defense. Because people in this country to this day, I have this idea of Germany as being this kind of you know, almost almost this kind of I think they advanaged, almost like the Soviet Union is presented in Rocky for or something. But again Germany was this it's a country smaller than Wyoming, you know, and for context too, and Hiller gets into some of this. I'm not going to read a word for works, it would be pedantic. But you know, the issue of Czechoslovakia, as we got into in one of our earlier series, Czechoslovakia was the most artificial of states. Bene's literally had no mandate to rule. Roosevelt and his press corps presented it when very rapidly the bulk of a Czechoslovak territory came under German dominion. As I'm sort of like threatening Ledgard Maine, you know, leading like the kind of bullying occupation of a sovereign country. That's not remotely what happened. Her contexts to Prague is as the girl flies two hundred and two hundred miles from Berlin. I mean, think about that. I think it was uh, I think it might have been a hass he said. The Jigo Slovak state is a contrivance and it literally is like a knife like pointed at the heart of Germany, which is true. It came into existence through the French needed some sort of ally in the east in in order to stage you know, assault operations from and in the in the era of military aviation which was then burgening at pace. Like the implications were obvious, okay, but because it may like, as we discussed, the Sudton Land was ceded to the Reich, which was overwhelmingly German. After that, Father Tiso and uh, the Slovax seceded from the Czechoslovakian Union. I mean at that point it was a foregrong conclusion. Like what I mean, that's like saying that's like saying like East Germany should have Like it was a tragedy that East Germany ceased to exist. I mean, like I what I still this day, I don't understand, Like what the proposed alternative was it should they should the British have assaulted Czechoslovakia to force it to exist, Like I don't. That's not that's not how political realities work. It's it's literally asinine. But moving on, Hitler continues by saying he essentially says what Suberov echoed later, that the rapid conclusion of the war in the West, you know, May to June nineteen forty, meant that that that changed things in terms of you know, Moscow strategic perspective, they couldn't count on They counted on the They counted on the right either exhausting its offensive capabilities rapidly and not being able to reconstitute, you know, for for months, if not years, or some sort of quagmi or stalemate setting in you know whereby whereby the only where where where by? Germany had nothing to deploy in depth in the East other than uh, you know, maybe like a skeleton prove of conscripts, which would make for you know, easy pickings the you know, thus super Raw's icebreaker descript or you know, let the let's let the German rike, you know, break the proverbial ice of what remains of capitalist power in the continent, you know, and then the Red Army will assault and take it all. And that stuff that reached the Atlantic mostly again to me, are some what Hitler says about his worldview. I'm quoting Hiller now. At about the midpoint, he says, what is Europe? There is no geographical definition of her continent, but only an ethnic national the word he uses vocalish and cultural one. The frontier this continent is not that rural mountains, but rather rather the line that divides the western outlook on Lighte from that to the east. Now, if you look at a map, and I don't know if people spend time with maps anymore, I mean, just looking at maps, Europe's an indefensible rump peninsula. You know, it's not there's not a Sahara desert or an Appalachian mountain range between Europe and the other. It's somewhat amazing that Europe existed at all, you know, really, and it's it's essentially starret of natural resources. You know, Europe's very beautiful in terms of its vistas and things, but it's basically a wasteland if you're talking about tertiary economic capital and things like that. Okay, So that points while taken, you know, Europe's an idea. You know, Europe's not subs are in Africa. Europe's not you know, East Asia. Europe's not North America. You know, like Europe only exists as like it's it's the mentioned material and the several cultures that constituted Hillarine proceeds to break down his view of you know, kind of like European origins or like Aryan origins. Okay, and again, as I said before, Aryan wasn't some scare word that's philologists that that was like what does the term they used? Okay, and it's not. It's been appropriated by some dummies, but as well as you know the usual suspects, you know, like commi's hysterical, s poc types, like other other other shit bigs. But it's not. It's not an idiot. It's not an ideologically loaded word. You know, it shouldn't be. And I find I find Indo European to be clungy unless you're ill linguist and you're simply talking about, you know, kind of the nuances of linguistic development. We're talking about like an actual culture of people like Aryan is appropriate. Okay. It was stated at one time Europe was confined to the Greek Isles with a flame first burned that slowly but steadily enlightened humanity. And when these Greeks fight against the invasion of the Persian conquerors, they did not just defend their own home, small homeland, which was Greece, but also the concept that is now Europe. And then the spirit you're shifted from Hellos to Rome. Roman thought and Roman state craft combined with Greek spirit and Greek culture. An empire was raided, the importance and creative power of which has never been matched, much less surpassed, even to this day. And when the Roman legions defended Italy in three terrible wars against the attag occurred that Troman Africa and finally battled the victory. In this case as well, Romean fought fought not just for herself, but also for the Greaco Roman world that then encompassed Europe. The next invasion against the home soil of the new culture of humanity came from the white expanses of the East. A horrific storm of culture was horror from the center of Asia, poured deep into the heart of the European continent, burning, ravaging and murdering a true scourge of God. On the Catalonian fields, Roman and Germanic men fought together for the first time in a decisive battle of tremendous importance for a culture that had begun with the Greeks, passed on to the Romans, and then encompassed the Germanic peoples. Europe had matured. The occident arose from heuse in Rome and for many centuries its defense with the task not only the Romans, but above all of the German people. What we call Europe is the geographic territory of the Occidans, enlightened by Greek culture, inspired by the powerful heritage of the Roman Empire. It's territory and large by German colonization, or was the German efforts fighting back engaged in from the east or on the Strut or on the Lechfeld plane or others pushing back Africa from Spain or a period of many years. It was always a struggle in developing Europe against a profoundly alien outside world. There's this heavy stuff for uh, for for a consler or a president or a prime minister. Okay, I mean I I think that goes without saying. And it's not it's it's not just it's it's it's not. It's not just like hyperbole or can polemic of the kind that they you know of that was common to the nationalist era or whatever. It kind of dismissive suggestion is favored by cored academics of these days. And also what he's saying, what he said was inarguable, like all those things are true, you know what. And then and we'll get to the meat of the kind of Roosevelt the challenge countra versalt in a minute, but he goes on to say specifically that you know, we're now engaged in a war for our civilization against another terror from the east. And this is only this is only possible owing to the you know, the volunteers from Croatia, from Italy, from Spain, you know, from Norway, from Denmark, from France. You know, this is a European war. There are no more Germans, there are no more Norwegians, there are no more Frenchmen. You know, this is the battle of the Oxten and for survival against the Barbarian Asiatic horde. And you know, the Jewish capitalist ideology that's facilitating its attack on us, you know, exemplified by mister Roosevelt. That's and he concludes kind of the summation, I like the strategic situation by saying, you know, this is what happens on these battlefields is going to resonate for five thousand years, you know, and Europe will not survive unless it's victorious, you know, And again I mean that that's an arguable too. You know, you don't you don't have to be a Hitler partisan to accept that how anybody can kind of contradict that reality anymore? And you know, kind of Parather refrains that, you know, Hitler is the double and this kind of like Life magazine perspective of the condition of the occident, you know, the circa nineteen forty one. I don't know how people can possibly think that way, but I mean people people think all kinds of crazy things. And now here's the meat of what we're of. What I want to emphasize, quote Hitler says, and now let me speak about another world when I was represented by a man likes to chat nicely at the fireside while nations and their soldiers fight in the snow and ice. Above all, the man who is primarily responsible for this war, speaking of Franklin denwoll Roosevelt. Obviously, it continues with regard to German's relationship with America, the following should be said. Germany is perhaps the only great power which is never in a colony in either North or South America, nor is it otherwise been politically active there, Apart from the emigration of many millions of Germans with their skills, from which the American continents originally the United States has only benefited. In the entire history of the development in existence the United States, the German Reich has never been hostile or even politically unfriendly towards the United States. To the contrary, many Germans against their lives to defend the USA. That is true, The German Reik has never participated in wars against the United States, except in the United States went to war against it in nineteen seventeen. It did so for reasons that have been thoroughly explained by Commission. What he's talking about is the NI Commission, which we covered uh in an earlier episode. I can'tnasalize enough how much World War One was kind of viewed as like the Vietnam War of its day. It was viewed as a lie that duke the American people, you know, killed one hundred thousand young men in the prime of their life, who were then later abused, you know, by being denied their their pension rights. Gerald and I I who wasn't. He wasn't some like America firster. He was a He was a big progressive liberal. He he chaired them, He convened the NI Commission, and basically, I mean it basically exposed that JP Morgan when it realized that it had you know, it's it it it had had been hedged adequately in it's in its loans to UH to the UK. You know, it essentially demanded you know, action from the White House when we all lived undo influence to get a war declaration. You know, like people were outraged by when this was coming out. You know, like no nobody viewed World War One as anything but a disaster and has a big lie. So you know, and Hitler obviously like like the view of a and and and I was shouted down by this coterie of a of a of of of all party men saying, you know, you're smirching them. You know that you're you're smirching the grave of of of a President Wilson when he's doing no such thing. And honestly, like even Hitler didn't talk about Wilson as being a bad man like Wilson, who was cast as kind of like naive guy. The fourteen points. Actually it was like the only kind of honorable piece, uh the situations that that that was presented. You know, that that honored the rights of combat. It's in any real way, you know, it was it was Wilson, who basically said that like you know, states have have an absolute right to you know, to to preserve them Jordan natural culture, you know. And it was it was the French and British delegation who basically laughed in his face and and and demanded vengeance, you know, like it was so I mean, I I wasn't wasn't burning Wilson in peruvial effigy, and honestly, and Hitler never held out Wilson as an evil man like he basically he basically looked at him as like a weak man was pulled over by by high finance and UH and DuPont UH, which was a which was a huge armaments concern among other things. You know, they they made, they manuf, they manufactured UH. Then they manufactured basically like everything that allowed the af to fight. You know what we talked about, like this is a rare instance of you know, financial financial concerns and and economics basically you know, being the being the approximate cause of of a of a of a war declaration or or like intervention at scale. You know. So it's not like hilar wasn't just saying crazy things. I mean, this was basically the majority opinion you know of not just of of Europeans and and of and of Germans, you know, obviously felt like uniquely aggrieved. But I mean in America, this is why, this is why people looked at it, you know, I mean at this wasn't u the fact, I mean honestly, like I think we talked about it in the New Deal when we're covering the New Dealers War and some the time Fleming scholarship. I mean, had it not been for the Pearl Harbor attack, I don't think Rosell could have gotten a war mandate, you know, and once under our system, you know when I mean even today, even even post Watergate, when the executive has been gilded. You know, a a wartime president is base is for all practical purposes, you know, a lawn to himself. I mean like look at look at uh, I mean, look at look at Bush forty three, like I mean like he might have been like a goofy and effectual guy and whatever, but his his administration wielded real power, Okay, and that that only came that only derived from the fact that he was a wartime president, you know, no matter what, like all rhetoric kind of goes out the window of the of the opposition when when so situated. Vietnam is a weird exception, but that that's it's too complicated to get into here as a as a tangent. But that's I I I raised that because I'm sure people who aren't familiar with the history will just say, like, oh, Hitler's just maligning. You know, of course he's gonna say that. You know, world War One was based on a lie. That's not that wasn't just like Hitler's take, that was what everybody viewed it as. And frankly that that's what it was. You know, what, why why what? Why did America fight World War One? Because it just it just really really doesn't like it really doesn't like monarchs and like democracy has to reign like so, so we got to make sure that the British Empire can squeeze every last, the real last bit of reparations out of Germany. I mean, obviously that was his was bullshit, but it's a the uh. And finally, interestingly, Hiler makes a nottive like the article to presidency. He says, America's a republic led by a president with wide ranging powers of authority. Germany was once ruled by a monarchy with limited authority and then by bocracy that lacked authority. Today is a republic of wide ranging authority. Between these two countries is an ocean. If anything, the differences between capitalist American Bolshevik Russia, if these have any meaning at all, must be more significant than those between the America led by a president and that Germany led by a fear And it's important too because obviously, you know the kind of the constant refrain, not just of Roosevelt's Roosevelt that is loyalist, but you know administrations before and since who want to malign people and countries they identified as opponent. They were talking about dictatorships. I mean, America's a presidential system. Like again, I mean there's there's few there's a few countries in the Western world or what or what was once the Western world that have a system that orbits around the chief executive to the degree that America is. Okay, So there was there was something of a of a weird irony to America going around saying, you know, mister Putin is a dictator, like you know, this country is a dictatorship. You know, it's like what as opposed to what like you, they should have They should have a House of Commons and a prime minister who can be ejected by no confidence vote. I mean you you know, I mean it's uh, the America is the the land of the sovereign executive, you know. I mean that was that really is the legacy of Hamilton more than anything, and and to his credit in my opinion. But the what's there to think about this too, is that the Reichstag speech, I mean it was timely again because of the strategic situation, but also FDR in April fourteenth, nineteen thirty nine, it is radio address he issued this what was called his challenge to Hitler. Okay, now, the words of it were as follows. Quote. Because the United States, as one of the nations of the Western Hemisphere, is not involved in the immediate controversies which have arisen in Europe, I trust that you be willing to make such a statement of policy to me as head of a nation farabu from Europe, in order that I, acting with only responsibility and obligation of a friendly intermediary, may communicate such declaration other nation now apprehensive as the course which the policy of your government may take. Are you willing to give assurance that your forces will not attack or invade the territory possessions of the following independent nations Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Great Britain and Ireland, France, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia, Russia, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Iraq, the Arabias, Syria, Palestine, Egypt, and Iran.
Speaker 1: Wow, now that's that's almost comical.
Speaker 2: And there's a at the in the Reichsteg speech. Uh, there's some footage of Hitler like reading that list down and if hands are like if hands are like a gearing like laughing likes his hands, you know. But the U Now let's uh, now, I mean, let's let's uh, let's let's think about this for a minute. And Roosevelt's list of countries that Germany was supposedly threatening. Let's let's break that down. Finland, the first country on the list, was invaded by the Soviet Union seven months later. They were actually allied with Germany from then on. Okay, the three Baltic nations mentioned were conquered in nineteen forty by the Soviet Union. Later, Roosevelt accepted Stalind in corporation of the Baltic States in the USSR. Poland was assaulted by the Soviet Union and by Germany, but the Soviet Union's assault apparently did but it didn't count. Neither Britain, France, or the US did anything the counter or the Soviet aggression against Poland when this always took complete control of nineteen forty four, the US had no had no problem with it. Hitler himself pointed out, Syria and Palestine are currently occupied by your ally, the United Kingdom, and you, mister Roosevelt, are working tirelessly to facilitate a Zionist conquest of Palestine, thus displacing the people or indigenous the region. So why why why why? Why? You tell me? I guess see what fair play for Palestine? So I but again it's some the uh, this this, this, this earned a sharp rejoinder because again I think I think Roosevelt thought, first of all, I think some of these guys, some of these like mornout types, that they're actually like high on their own bullshit, and they actually believe that when they said like Hitler's an idiots or he's like some or he's like some like bohemian hill billy you who can't read a map, like they these guys were totally outclassed. You know, it's some like I I think, uh, I think really thought this would like the fuddle Hitler or somehow you know, resonate with uh. You know, people who had a lesson sophisticated understanding of power politics. But it was clear like he didn't even he didn't even like study like who Germany's ops were at that time and like who they were kind of like integrated with, you know, politically and diplomatically, and you know, one of the in the case again a palace and in the Arab States, the as I made the point before about guys like von Leers and by the propaganda ministry generally, like these guys were actually broadcasting like Arab language broadcast to try and court like the Arabs, Like I mean, a lot of the reason why they were doing it was, you know, a to agitate against the United Kingdom. But the point is it's like it's like where the hell you pull this list out of? Like I don't know but it but like again I think, uh, these guys didn't these guys didn't they they weren't up on you know the character of Hitler and kind of what he was, what his tendencies were, you know, so he uh so Hitler. Uh. Two weeks later, Hitler issued a director rebuttal point by point anyway, and he broadcasted over the radio and uh even Gerald and I again, uh who he said that, you know, the president really took it on the chin. You know, the consensus was that like uh was that you know, worldso women handily smacked it down. And again too. It's also the this was you know, the generation after you know, the Great White Fleet, you know, Teddy Roosevelt and scent the US Navy on its world literally its world tour. You know, you had you know, you had, uh America just you know a few your subsequent to that effort, you know, had deployed at scale the Europe you know, to literally change the course of World War One. You know, America was engaged in Asia. You know, he was engaged in you know, the the Banana Wars. The kind of sway what remained of of Iberian influence in in in Central and South America, you know, and again Germany we're talking about We're talking about Germany smaller than Wyoming. You know, So this now what's gonna lecture us about, you know, like belligerents, you know, and and what uh and what constitutes acceptable application of force in the course of uh of power, political ambitions and realities you know the uh So I don't, but it's I I made this point too because I again I think John Tolan made the point. I mean I realized hooland Tolan was certainly hostile the New Dealer perspective. You know, Toland was a true revisionist. He went with like the facts took him. But he wasn't he wasn't any kind of national Socialist or Hitler parties. I mean, he was just a rebalanced uh you know, scholar. But he his take was his take was that Roosevelt Roosevelt's you know, whole challenge of Hitler was basically a publicity stunt. Obviously it was not a serious initiative for peace. But you know, by that time, you know, the American President's viewed kind of everything they did as a publicity stunt. You know. In contrast, Hitler and to his credit Mussolini. They took seriously what official statements were from from national capitals. You know, they took, uh, they took seriously what the American president said as a statement of policy. You know, and when Hitler or al Duce you know, issued a statement, you could take that to the bank, like we're gonnass what if you think of the merit of you know, what policy was within the bound rationality of their strategic ambitions. You know, they they weren't, they weren't on publicity tours. They weren't saying things to kind of you know, spoof public opinion, you know, and that's that's something that's got to be acknowledged, like I and like I said too, like imagine even even in the nineteenth century or even in uh, even in arguably kind of the most uh, even the most kind of populist era in Europe, you know, after the excesses of eighteen forty eight then kind of quashed, but you know, there's still there's still remained kind of the the still they're still kind of remained a the sensibility of you know, the the Third of State having final say it was it's pretty it's pretty remarkable for you know, not just the rights consular, but any chief executive to publicly address the legislature and say, look, here's the military situation. Here's why I give the orders I did. These are a losses. You know, these are what we need to reconstitute in order to win. You know, this is my political vision for the future, and this is my view of you know, these men who positioned themselves our enemies. I mean, it's just not that's a level of engagement and transparency that I don't really think exists. One of the reasons that like Putin and Putin is no Adolf Hitler, I don't even particularly, I don't. I don't think it's the best man for Russia. I think it's unfortunately for the Rusian people. He's not a better man who can rise the occasion for all kinds of reasons. But it will see about Putin, know, is that I think he is basically transparent. You know, you'd be hard for us to find a statement he's made on high politics, you know, war and peace questions that isn't exactly what you know intended policy was. So there's that too, Like I don't there's this, uh, I mean, uh, there's all kinds of like weird mythologies about about chief executives the states that America's fought in these twentieth century wars and there, and they're alleged bad character or whatever. But there's does this kind of does this ongoing like mythology that like, oh, Hitler was this liar and he was always resting like this this alledgered main Like it's really not true, you know. I mean, I think the Big U Czechoslovakia, you know, Munich in thirty eight and Barbarossa being those know, a sneak attack and violation of the not Aggression Pact. I guess said the kind of big points of contention for people who insist on that viewpoint. But again, I if I'll treat you law as permissive not compulsory, because it can't be because it's impossible. If the party to a treaty is acting in bad faith and in the case of an impact, he intends to attack you and is mobilizing for that purpose, You're not under some moral obligation to wait to be assaulted, you know. I mean that's like saying I that's like saying, my man has to kill me, I've got to wait until he draws on me and fires. Otherwise I'm a bad actor for preemptively shooting him. I mean, it doesn't. This is not the way things work. And you know, I mean aside from that, if if if you take the side of the Soviet Union over Europe, I mean, regardless of the regardless of the merit of Hitler's decisions are like thereof you got something wrong with you, you know, like you you support your own civilization right or wrong. And finally in the case of you know, it hits the Czechoslovakia again, it was uh it uh it was there was a there, there was no center there, you know, I mean it it rapidly came apart literally once the Sugate in Land was ceded to Germany. Like there is no Czechoslovakia. It ceased to exist immediately after the inner German border came down. I mean, was that was was that like a crime against history too? Like should should we insist Czechoslovakia exist? I mean, I so there's not, you know, And that kind of surprised me, man because like honestly, I guess just because being more particuarly educated, but when I think about things that it kind of that kind of caused me to like give me pause about any positive feelings about Hitler. It's what he did to his friends on UH in June nineteen thirty four, and things like that, you know, I mean I to give you plausive a man who's willing to murder his friends or political expedience. It was what Hitler did. It seems to me to say, you know, I'm not I'm not I'm not Adolf Hiller, and I'm not a man who wheels power over the fortunes of nations. But it's like, really like you're you're big, You're you're you're you're big, your big, and diamond Hitler's character is that Czechoslovakia seased to exist and this it was mean to attack the Soviet Union like it doesn't it doesn't really track. But anyway, I just I thought it important to get UH that out there. And during the UH, I want to cover the UH. I want to cover the the warriors and what specifically Roosevelt's final term where his mandate was evaporating, and I think Roosevelt wasn't quite in his that he didn't have his families about him anymore. And this resonated very much in the quarters of the third Reich. And there's a reason why the July twenty plot happened when it did. There's a reason why a lot of the intrigues within the Reich itself developed as they did. Stalin was making decisions looking forward to a future without Roosevelt. I mean, Stalin was pretty old himself. Excuse me, it was pretty old himself at this point. Okay, but I'll be very clear in the next episode. But on on what I mean. But I I I've mentioned before Hitler's a sumber eleventh Reich strike speech. I maintain it's it's critically important as as testimonial evidence in putting together uh not just an understanding of the psychology at Hitler as warlord and as a political actor, but also but also, you know, disabusing people of of a conceptual biases they have about you know, the the war declaration against the United States. It was it was just like some brazen, crazy act or some sort of attempt at as some sort of attempt at a gamble or something. But yeah, that's all I got for today. All Right, that was great.
Speaker 1: Let's do plugs and uh we'll end it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, Uh, you can always find me at Thomas seven seven seven dot com It's number seven h m A S seven seven seven dot com and on Twitter at the real Thomas kepital r a l Underscore number seven hm me is substick Real Thomas seven seven and seven substick dot com. I'm on Instagram. I I'm gonna be uh. I'm gonna do what I can then in the next four weeks to be more productive content wise. I was traveling and I my hell isn't been great. So there's monkey runs some things, but uh, I think I'm gonna try to turn that around A promise.
Speaker 1: All right until the next episode. Thank you, SAMs. Yeah man on, Welcome everyone back to the pe Conana Show. How are you doing, Thomas, I'm doing well.
Speaker 2: Thanks for hosting me.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and I guess we'll take this time to talk about this uh little project that we started and just released on on gum Road. We sat through and record, watched a movie and commented on it last week. I think you did an amazing job. Let's talk a little bit about that. What you what you think people can get out of this?
Speaker 2: Well, Like I said, people have long been requesting that there'd be more content relating to movies and things and U I uh, I yeah, I guess, uh, I guess it's kind of our version of Mystery Science Theater three thousand. But I'd like to think a little more serious commentary. But uh yeah, man, there's a lot you know, film's an important media. I'm not. I mean, I grew up kind of living my curiousy for the movies, which I think is kind of a mean, that's kind of a that's a very American kind of rison me, you know, at least for people born before like nineteen eighty or so. But you know, it kind of like American cultural life exists like in cinema, you know, in a way that it doesn't in and other mediums. You know, I guess the Great American novel is a trope, you know. And don't get me wrong, like there's there's still in this day, like you know, Americans make an impact on the literary scene. But like when we're talking about kind of like America's contribution of like you know, the the kind of like global cultural prestige like high high culture and like lowist of the low, we're talking about cinema. So I think that's important to man and then especially you know these days the kind of lament uh and it's and it's well placed, you know, and including like people like Martin Scorsese himself. There's not like real films being made by Hollywood. I think that's true, but there's something of a backlash against that. Then, you know, the kind of removal of barriers to entry in the form of you know, production tech becoming kind of democratized for lack of a better word, you know, I mean, like anybody can shoot a film man like who's got you know, I got bair minimum of investment in capital. So you don't make the point too that guys like Nicholas the Ref and Ryan Gosling are kind of keeping filmmaking alive, you know, like basically taking a loss on these passion projects. And I'm I just know, I just tweeted out, you know something about Kevin Kostner, who I'm not any like big fan of. I think he's like a well meaning guy, but I think some of his work product a ship. But he he made this big western like epic that's like three hours long. They had got the standing ovation at one of the big film festivals. I don't think it was Can's, but it was you know, one of something in the vein, So I maintaining that film is not just something for like old people nostalgics like me, or for you know, kind of people with subcultural interests. So I'm excited about it. And feedback's been good, and like we talked about before, we went a while, I'm trying to think about what movie we should cover next, and uh, I'm welcoming feedback on the ad or you know, request from subscribers as to what they'd like to see reviewed, and obviously i'd be heavy to bite it, but yeah, I'm excited about it. Man.
Speaker 1: I just want to mention. I threw up a page on my website, Freeman Beyond the Wall dot com forward slash taxi driver, Taxi drivers all one word, and there's a link there to the Gum Road episode the video, and I also put audio up because I know some people are just not going to be able to sit down and watch video, so some people are still going to want to hear the commentary. And I had one guy in the live stream yesterday say I know that movie so well that I could listen to your to your commentary. I know exactly what scene you're talking about and vision and vision in my head, so I just film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's I if you're like a movie person, the other films you watch like dozens of times over lifetime. And I mean even I've been like that some time as a kid. I I realized some people think that seems weird. Like I like years back, like a lady I knew was like, why, you know, why why do you always watch? Like why do you watch the same movies over and over? You know, I'm like, doesn't everybody do that films? Like like and she's like no, you know. I'm like, okay, well it's but I've been that way even before, you know, I had like a developed sense of of a film is kind of like a medium. Like I remember remember like in the seventies and eighties, it'd be those like hobby table books like Leynard Multon's Movie Guide or like the the Home Video Guide to like movies, and it'd be like a thousand pages and it'd be like right up, so like every movie you can think of from you know, like the nineteen teens, like later Silent era, like until like the then President of like nineteen eighty five or whatever. I'd like pour over that shit for like hours, man, Like I you know, like because I was always like a data junkie. But yeah, man, and before Internet, that's also like how you found out about like film titles, man, Like I remember A Future Kill, which is a bizarre movie, Like I found that through there Christian f which was like really kind of shocking.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: If you're like a kid in the eighties and know that was that West German movie about uh you know kids, uh like like homeless kids like who were strung out of heroin and like West Berlin. That's I was poignant. But I mean, you know stuff like that, Like I I found that through like a Leonard Mountain movie guide and I was lucky enough. And like Greater Chicago land there was like a critical mass like independent video stores. Even after Blockbuster kind of connered the landscapes, you could you still find a lot of that stuff. But yeah, it's a very good thing, man, this series.
Speaker 1: I mean, all right, so yeah freemam me on the Wall, dot Com, Forrest, Last Taxi Driver all one word and uh well let's get to it Itolf Hitler is Foreign Policy Episode three. How are you doing? Ready to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like I mentioned earlier, on I put a I put a lot of premium in a lot of these and sort of soft revisionist takes that have crept into the mainstream. I means things are changing, you know, and but biographies of historical personages are always going to hit or miss. I mean, even people obviously aren't nearly as controversy always Little Hitler, because you know, even even even fairly objective historians, you know, they run the risk of interpreting events and stayed and send even the documentary record, they're kind of a lens of of of current affairs and things. And I mentioned before that Brendan Simms his book, uh, his twenty seventeen book hitlarc Glul biography, that's really great. I consider it. I consider it a base. He be on the level at John Toland's biography, and in terms of its scholarly integrity. Obviously Toland I I, you know, I Totland his book edges it out a bit because Totland quite literally, you know, was able to access Hitler's then living relatives, including his sister, and you know as well as you know, people who'd served a third Reich and critical capacities who wouldn't talk to anybody else but Sims his book. Uh. The only other book that focus is really on Hitler's g strategic vision and Hitler's view of the United States, which is absolutely key understanding Hitler's worldview. The only other book I found that deals with them in a dedicated capacity is this old book from the seventies that was put out by this Naval War college type called Hitler Versus Roosevelt. And kind of the focus of that book was the undeclared naval war between the United States and the Third Reich, which carried on literally for years for the form of regulation of the war. And that was an early example of a kind of revisionist text, you know, which of which you find in that era, like in kind of military science type of type of type of books, more than you would in kind of like more broad historical treatments. But that was, I mean, that was important. It was an important contribution. But obviously, you know, again it focused kind of more on in personal circumstances that you know, in that author's estimation kind of put Hitler and Roosevelt in a collision course. I take some exception to that, you know, Like I said, I Hitler Hitler was not unsophisticated on geostrategic reality. He's like quite the contrary, Like he really, he really did have like a forward looking perspective and even more than a lot of these, you know, people of aristocratic pedigree, you was supposedly you know, more cosmopolitan the leanings, you know, whether they're in the UK or Germany. Hitler, Hitler saw things that they didn't and obviously owing to the brutality of the war in the East, as well as the kind of dialectical nuance of finational socialism, you know, like people people a kind of view the Union, as you know, as the as the mortal enemy of the German Reich first last and always any kind of total existential terms, that's the wrong way to look at it. And you know, the degree to which Hitler himself, as well as kind of any you know, any any kind of right Hegelian which basically everybody was of Hitler's generation who you know, had any kind of grand theory of geopolitics. They they viewed, they viewed the kind of tragic course of uh Russo German affairs to be something of an inevitability, you know, almost like a phenomenon of nature. Germany's relationships to the United States was totally different and promised a lot more on uh on you know, ideological new wance that was somewhat accidental. I don't even know what I mean by that. But a point that Sims may be and I've always made, is that people need to read Hitler's second book to really understand what his perspective was. And there's a reason why, in my opinion, Hitler after about nineteen twenty eight twenty nine, you know, he he kind of put it to the side. You know, I think, in my opinion, didn't feel that the body politic and the electorate was really ready for that kind of hard political realism, you know, and thus there people read a kind of inconsistency in some of Hitler's public statements, particularly after nineteen thirty, you know, God for the second book, which I think is a misguided I'll get in a way, I think that in a minute. But by nineteen twenty eight, like people, people kind of misunderstand that, uh, you know, the uh, the big people of view kind of the National Sols Party is like this crisis party that was only able to capitalize, you know, and breakthrough during the years when you know, the global depression like really kind of hit Germany hardest. I mean that's true, and it's not. I mean, like obviously the punctuated breakthroughs you know, like happened in those years. But Hitler's overall kind of program it it wasn't just based on quote resentment over Versailles. I mean, the Versite Treaty wasn't in ethical terms and and turn in practical terms, it wasn't worth the paper it was written on verbally, but that wasn't that wasn't it wasn't. It wasn't just a mirror uh like like protests, vote party or something. The something Hitler constantly talked about in to Hess to Gearing too, you know, his intimates all and sundry as all as something he wrote about in the second book was that the greatest that the one of the biggest extential threats to Europe was was mass emigration, you know, and every time, every time Europe was hit with the punctuating crisis, you know, basically it lost you know, millions of people over you know, over a century. And that's exactly what it happened in Germany. A lot of people attributed to Hitler, they say, you know, they They suggested he borrowed the idea of a pan Europe, Pan Europa. This idea was kind of first got public kind of attention in you know, in the by marawenty three. This uh, this hung this Halfsburg diplomat, Count Richard cotenhave Calary. He was. He was the son of a of a Halfsburg diplomat. He was a guy of aristocretic pretorie cedigree. He'd married a Japanese woman, which is somewhat rare. I mean, there's a lot of cultural exchange between Germany and Japan, but like a Halfsburg Austrian aristocrat, like marrying a Japanese woman was kinda it was unusual, you know. He was uh, his his his ideas gained ground kind of as the internal situation deteriorated in Europe vis a viva the you know, the German economy and kind of the demands of the reparations regime. He was a he was backed early on by Max Varberg, who some people believe was uh what was a side from the Rothschilds. But be as it may, I mean whatever Calory. I don't know if he was Jewish or not. I think he was part Jewish by like heritage, but I don't he he did, in fact have like a vision of Europe that with an eye to render a Jewish strategically competitive. Like he wasn't just he wasn't just some banker like looking to insinuate this kind of you know, foe uh European ideology into what I'm on to do a kind of you know, a kind of the kind of a kind of program of capitalist rape. And although I know a lot of his detractors then and now like claim it, but because it may heinrich amand a year so twenty four he drew heavily upon keller GI's writings, and he published this kind of popular circular calling for you know, a United States of Europe to prevent you know, the con from becoming an economic colony of America. Now, the key takeaway of that again like Hitler didn't have any common truck with people like Hilarity and man, but you know, the understanding that America was really you know, if whether you're in Germany, whether you're in Japan, whether you're in China, whether you were in the Soviet Union, like your eyes were going into America as to like the future of like your great power opponent, okay, like that the degree to which this was in the minds of people can't be overstated, okay. And the degree to which American power, actual and potential dwarfed basically like everybody else combined, like can't be overstated, okay. And Hitler Hitler was very, very aware of this, and honestly too, in the political culture of Baymar this was something people kind of took for granted, you know, like the Social Democrats and not even twenty five twenty six, you know, as they were kind of trying to finesse moderate voters, you know, kind of take it to strike a more kind of like nationalist posture. I mean in however milk Too's terms. You know, they were they were talking about how the you know, the Europe needed some going to integrate banking structure and not just to get a handle on the reparations regime and to not you know, be uh tethered to the force end of the pound sterling at the American dollar. But you know, this was this was the way forward, you know, like anything anything else was a provincial in scope the uh, but it's also there was Hitler had a lot of admiration for the United States. You know, like we talked about before, people thought it was weird when it came out that uh at at at Eagles Nest. You know, like Hitler, uh Hiler had a bunch of like uh Coca Cola signs and stuff like in the parlor. Like Hitler loved Coca Cola and he liked he liked bowling, like he liked he like his favorite movie was King Kong. When he was a kid, you know, he was into he was into Western and stuff. You know, he he thought like Hollywood was awesome. I mean, he had exception to what he viewed as you know, it's the kind of sinuation of Jewish values into into the movie industry. But he was far from alone and in that take. But his idea that Hitler was something like provincial like Habspurg type hated America is complete nonsense, he you know, and uh Germans all went to American movies, you know, like from about nineteen twenty eight onward. You know, like basically like if you went to the cinema, you we were going to see like American movies. You know. There was a the uh Transatlantic uh flights by airship during like the brief sort of a sentence like airships as this big you know kind of a you know, travel platform, you know, like uh, like the big push was uh to link you know, Berlin with like New York, you know, as the ambition mean of course like turmed Berlin in like this kind of like world city. You know, this wasn't This was very much uh, this is very much like German looking to emulate. They weren't looking at emulate France. They weren't looking. People weren't looking other than people who were who had been like radicalizing, you know, the streets of Weimar, people who were just you know, kind of already ideologically dedicated only to their own you know, kind of like philosophical commitments. Like nobody in Germany was like looking east the Soviet Union as a model society. You know, they had, uh, they had they looked at America. They admiration and you know, so like small Off and the uh you know Frederick list uh who was considered kind of like the father of U of German national economics, you know, the guy he basically promised his entire paradigm on Hamiltonian economics, you know, like and he and he he openly acknowledged that.
Speaker 1: You know, well, I mean he spent a lot of time in the United States.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly exactly. And it's also the uh you know Hitler also, Hillar had a keen understanding u he had no illusions about uh about this about you know, about the situation of of of Germany and like in Europe in general. And henna do what I minute too, like he now until not something like chauvinistic like nationalists or whatever, but he like, if anything, he especially he didn't say this on the campaign trail for obvious reasons, but uh, you know, like we talked about before, you know, this reputation of the national socialists being fixated on eugenics is misplaced because if anything, you know, America and unless you agree to Soviet Union, we're kind of like the hub of that sort of thinking. But uh, you know, Hitler believed that Europe was basically sickly, you know, spiritually, biologically, every other way like conscou the United States, and he talked about that constantly. You know, like Hillar didn't go on saying like we're the master race, like quite quite the contrary part of that deliberate like mistranslation, part of that's just you know, like attributing kind of a caricaturish view to you know, Europeans generally, and you know Hitler specifically, but interestingly, you know Hitler also too. It went without saying, you know, that that communism was a blight and had to be eradicated. But I mean that was something that again in dialectical terms, that was something that just was it was was was taken for granted. You know, I mean like you're going around trying to convince communists, like you know, of the that they were misguided or or trying to explain to people why, you know, it wouldn't be good for there to be some kind of Soviet revolution in Berlin, like you you know, you're you would have been pissing into the winds to dedicate yourself with those sorts of endeavors. But also again it you know that the kind of you a communism was almost like it was almost like it wasn't a mind virus or something, you know, like it was almost people going with view it almost like they would like BLM you know today, but obviously exponentially more serious and more dangerous. Like it's not it like goes out saying that they're your ops like what what what people like Hitler actually engaged with. You know, what the real danger was was explaining to people why, you know, Europe had to basically carve out an autonomous path or the situation at Germany and Europe in general eventually would be connpertal that of colony, you know, like Europe just become a colony the United States or the Soviet Union, you know, if the Soviets militarily were able to you know, subsume all other all other competing powers, you know, just just by you know, at that point of that bayonet, like figuratively and literally, you know, Hitler said, uh, during the later stages of UH, you know, the kind of campaign to the Reichstag in nineteen twenty eight for for the you know, for richs that seeds, I mean uh, Hitler said He'll compared German Germany to India, and like the way that you know, he said that, uh on India, like Britain allows like these Hindus like keep their princes and their kings and it doesn't it doesn't divest you know, these aristocrats and in the rods and their o their wealth. I know, it'sn't pretend to have authority. But in reality, these guys are you know, these guys are are ciphers, you know, they're they're nobody's they're they're coolies who you know, dressed up and kind of the glamour of of of a sovereign court, you know. And you know, he said, you know, anybody who thinks that, you know, the real truth is not that you know, the Britain, that the Britain is the lord and the Indian is the slave is diluted, you know. And he said, uh, you know the you know, Hitler wasn't suggesting, you know, some kind of solidarity with kind of like you know, the wretched and oppressed the earth or whatever, you know, but he he was. He was saying that like basically, like this is the way, this is the way we're viewed by Europe and America, albeit for some of different reasons and something I'm gonna too, at this point there was real there was there was not There was no level laws to be the UK and America at this juncture, and as late really as uh the Edwardian era, the potential for America and Britain like going to war, especially overclaims in the Pacific, it was it was very real possibility. You know. So it's like the Hitler talking about the UK and America like having some convergence of interest but also being ops actual potential. That's not something like weird conceit of Hitler. That's the way everybody viewed it, because that was that was the truth, you know, the uh that ended because Churchill destroyed his country. He liquidated the empire and literally sold it to America. I mean, like had that not happened it you know, it's it's an open ended question, but the uh. But the main you know, Hitler, Hitler came back and again again and again to you know, angle what he called Anglo Saxon capitalism. Okay, and he distinguished He didn't say this was axiomatically the progeny of the Jewish political mind. But he said that you know, if you're talking at international finance and you're talking about the UK and America, you know there's always going to be like some aspect of Jewish power they're in. But he said that that doesn't mean, like you said, even though if we removed like jewelry from the equation, that does not mean that like Wall Street in London is our friend, you know, and this is what leads a lot of people to say, like, oh, Hitler was just a socialist or something like he was, but not in the way that people are talking like those kinds of people refer to. And you know, for context, one of Hitler's big targets was Parker Gilbert. Parker Gilbert died young, he was only in his like early to mid forties. He was most known for was being the Agent general for the reparations to Germany from nineteen twenty four to about the middle of nineteen thirty and afterwards, interestingly, he became an associated JP Morgan. You know, as we talked about before, like if you don't understand the degree with JP Morgan, you know had I mean JP Morgan was Wall Street in those days, Okay, Like they they're kind of like the Goldman Sacks of their day, all right, And the degree with JP Morgan was insinuated into the you know, kind of forcing the decision to go to war on the on the Wilson White House, you know, Hitler saying like, look, okay, like you don't believe me, Like what's Parker Gilbert? You know, like why is our economy basically in the hands of this guy. You know, I mean that they can't be denying, you know, so I mean this was uh, you know, like again the uh acting like it was something acting like I mean these things, especially anybody acting like it's some benign thing. But uh, your national wealth being divested by you know, Wall Street and uh you know kind of uh you know, the uh your your your currency being bottomed out by the repeating of a reparations regime. Like anybody who thinks that like that's some benign thing, I don't know what to tell them. Okay, but this wasn't This wasn't uh, this wasn't as Hitler and something like vestigil like Marxist sympathies or something. I know, some people like to claim that, you know, during the bymur years, he was taken in by by the KPD briefly. Most is nonsense, but that but that's what uh, that's the reason why he's constantly talking about capitalists photo capitalists, and also too, I mean the you know, the uh, the KPD was basically beaten by this point, and you know, they they lost the streets, you know, like, uh, there was still a threat, you know, and kind of the final it wasn't until uh the Enabling Act incident to uh, you know, to to the Reichstag fire, which was in fact set by a communist you know, van Lieb or Loube. But the UH, I mean now that it wasn't until they were formerly banned as a you know, what amounts a terrorist organization that they were no longer effect or. But it wasn't that, you know, the political culture of Germany in nineteen thirty like wasn't orbiting around like you know, people weren't debating in Reichstag sessions like the legitimacy of Marxism. I mean, like this was the issue in existential terms on the table, you know, like whether when the reparations regime could be rendered benign. You know what, there's some kind of like complex interdependence with America, which meant essentially, you know, like subjugating the German economy to that of Wall Street. Is there some way out of this or some way like within this paradigm whereby you know, Germany survives as as an autonomous political culture. Like that's what was on the table, okay, And that's why that's why that's why Hillary's emphasis comes back again and again. You know, the capitalism and the capitalist details. It is not because he was some sort of like occulted Marxist or something or whatever. People say the UH and you know again too like it wasn't the UH the reparations or agime like the DAWs Plan. Hillary was always saying that don't speak to me of constitutions and the Weimar Constitution. He said, our three constitutions are in the Versailles Treaty, the Dawes Plan, in our in the little Kernel pack, and the DAWs Plant specifically. You know, you had UH, you had Parker Gilbert and his cronies intervening essentially as UH as the French were threatening, you know, occupation of the roarers kind of there. It's kind of their damnically sore and if they weren't paid what they believe they were own Italian manner, you know, Dawes said, the Dowes basically advocated like taking the German UH National Railway Company as collateral and you know, I mean all UH revenue from the tariff and tax regime essentially being put in his hands, in the hands of the Reparations committee, which was the fact, oh JP Morgan, you know, and from there like they'd you know, they'd uh, they'd integrate, uh, they'd integrate these public revenues that the Berlin government was receiving and be like kind of the middleman with France, you know, agains. They saw a fit, you know, and this was this this was the big plan to like dig Germany out. You know, it was essentially allowing J. K. Morgan to to loot, to loot the public conference as they saw fit, you know, I mean, and that's I mean, I think about it, like think about it like Americans freak the funk out about uh, you know when they think uh, like when they think they're paying too much and uh and in real estate Texas, which is no small thing. I mean, I I I feel the bird of that too. I mean it's like people like, oh, Hitler was just making them out out of a mobile about this whole Versailles thing. It's like, you fucking serious, you know, it's like come on. But and of course too, like people during by Maar, I mean, they're in the Viymar regime. They they h this is most by by the time of the of the the the breakthrough, this was mostly they had mostly abated, but people were starving. You know, maybe I mean the point about horses vessel, horst vessel, you know his uh corn historians and the comments at the time claimed he was a quote unquote pimp because like his his living girlfriend was a prostitute, Like you don't know why she was a prostitute. Like a lot of women became prostitute, so they were starving. I mean like that that's that that that's the situation. I mean, when it becomes normal for we're going to be selling themselves because you know, there's no other option. I mean, like think about like America's never read to live in those conditions, man, like they haven't. I mean, like people were addicted or people who have you know, fallen on terrible circumstances for reous reasons. I mean, yeah, that happens to them. But like categorically or something like prostitution becomes normal, so no one isn'tthing to eat, Like we can't even imagine that. I mean, that's that's that's where people were coming from here. And you know that's uh, that's what owes to the kind of uh you know, the kind of focus of the the National Socials part. But it's also the problem with the National Socialist Party even into like nineteen twenty eight, twenty nine, thirty. I mean, really this is outside the scope, but interlay the nineteen thirty four incident, you know, the the ramp coach. I mean, there's a lot of intrigues there, but I mean the kind of the over kind of the overarching impetus was, uh, the need to to eradicate you know, divisions in the party just you know, by a final uh and violent executive decision. Germany's fatal the fatal flaw in the German playb culture. With these fractures, you know, foreign policy was still highly disputed. Rosenberg and you know, the most of the Baltic German faction within the party, as well as a lot of the Prussian military element, they were insisting that the Soviet Union was you know, was uh what was the ideological lene me like everything else is secondary. Obviously the Strassers as well as Girls himself, interestingly, they did the Soviet Union as like a key evidential ally against Anglo America, the South Tyrol issue, and obviously you know Hitler courting Mussolini, you know this, uh and and ultimately South Tyrol was was was seated in its entirety to the King of Italy. You know, this big this was like a sore point for a lot of German racialists, you know, like Hitler's selling out our people. You know, he's for the sake of a you know something a geotoggic vision. They may not come to fruition, you know, the uh. And this uh, you know, this was not this was not workable. And despite uh, despite the fact that people always talking about like America, especially in this era and in the preceding epoch, you know, the World War One era as being like oh, in America, you know, we we debate all possibilities like this. That's that's total bullshit. You know, like when a policy course has decided war in peace terms or economic terms, like America just does it like after the wars were in the States, like just like that kind of discussion, just like and that was all done, okay. And this is one of this is one of the big reasons for the fury prince him. It's not because like Hilller was some control freak or he just thought it was really great too to play leader or something. And you know, the uh. Early on in his career he treated these like various separatist types. You know, in these various these various regional parties all on Sundry, you know, who kind of wanted to sabotage any kind of centralized government in Berlin. You know, he treated these people as much as as big enemies as the Communist because again, they these like these these people are kind of like tools today, like in the oldest block where like you'll hold themselves like, yeah, I'm luck at Ukrainian nationalists. It's like your ass is literally owned by Wall Street. But like as long as you like go around like weaving like a little flag and pretending like you know, you're you're some kind of sovereign like micro state, like you're you know, you think you're like a fucking pig and shit.
Speaker 1: But the.
Speaker 2: You know, and uh, it was right around this time, like around nineteen twenty eight that's when Hitler uh As Hitler began writing the second book, and for about eighteen months subsequent after the election cycle nineteen twenty eight, you know, he worked on it pretty consistently. You know. It's uh and again, the the over the overarching theme of the second book is the is it's the overwhelming power of angle America and especially the United States that theme was in Mine comp But what Mine comps a totally even kind of book again Mine comp with an election season appeal. The second book is quite literally like Hitler's geostrategic vision and is like he diagnosed this to like the world of nineteen twenty eight. Okay, Hitler literally said, quote, the American Union has created a power factor of such dimensions that it threatens to overthrow all previous state power rankings. He said, there's probably a question of literal space, you know, uh gross rum. He made the point that aboriginal elements, you know, like Native Americans, if you will. Obviously they were both divided, you know, by tribe, language, death knows, as well as being relatively thin on the ground compared to the size of the continent. So there were easy pickings for you know, a uh, a conquering population animated by uh you know, kind of an almost theological period of a man of his destiny. And also the uh, the relationship between the population size and the territory extent. It's just like awesome, Like literally it's just massive, you know. Like Hitler wrote that this is like inconceivable of the Europeans, you know, especially because I mean again like Europe. In the Europe's a tiny peninsula. Really, it's it's got no it's impossible to defend it in depth. You know, it's got uh you know, no no natural barriers between itself and you know that the other in the East. You know, it's like America's if you're gonna, if you're gonna draw sort of a perfect geostrategic situation for a people like you basically draw the United States of America, you know, like assuming assuming their ops in terms of ability to project power are where you know, the British and the Spanish were, respectively, when you know, America fought them off and essentially kicked them out of the the New World. But uh, you know, it's there's nothing, there's nothing comparable to to it in history. And again uh, Hitler was correct as assessment. He said, the United States had as of the time of you know, as of the world of nineteen twenty eight, ninety thirty, probably fifty percent of the of the available natural resource of this planet. You know, it's industry not only had you know what it was, not only the end of the world, and it captured you know, market son on every continent. Even by the nineteen twenties. But even even if all that went away, like even an event of some total emergency, you know, if America could had only to rely on its domestic market, like it could still can still survive and arguably thrive, you know, like the like if area's internal market was was uh, what was greater than the British empires? Like an entirety of capital and like that's that's totally insane, you know. And uh, Hitler made the point again and again in my comp or I'm in the second book that like European statesmen like don't understand this. And Hitler then talked about England and America and Germany and race, and interestingly, again he had a pretty unflattering diagnosis of his own people. Hitler said that basically the greatest people who ever lived are the Anglo sax He said that the Anglo Saxons were truly like the master race, the world's like master race the era on which we live, like anybody alive. And then then in present okay, he said, the key to British power was that you had this like you had this like critical racial value of Anglo Saxon dumb that was able to conquer the political culture in Britain entirely, uh you know, and then perpetuate itself, you know, and kind of developed, uh it developed this like rigid cast based society where the leadership cast was uh it viewed. It's it's like whole raison detra as, you know, being like lordship over this enterprise that they had created that they believed it had been like you know, conferred upon them by providence. Hitler said that because of this sort of cultural and expanation over time and this kind of like unwavering like master casts believe in in the in themselves. He said that. Uh. He said that one in with bas able to colonize you know, this entire planet. And meanwhile, like their leadership cadres like whoever saw like the motherland again like maintained like nevertheless their link to like the host culture and like to the Angle Saxon race, which is absolutely true it uh. Hitler said, you know this is why you know the Angle Saxon he's like totally outclassed as like the German of nineteen thirty. Okay, he said the other he said, the reason the United States is so dangerous is because he said, well, you know, he's like the United States said he has said it a core of this angle Saxon population that was just referenced, like when these people saw the like endless horizon of the new World, they realized that they could quite literally like invent the new world in their own image, you know, and they no longer had to take a knee before anybody, you know. And he said that the influence, like the massed influx of immigration, of immigration from Germany, which by from from from the treaty wasphalure until it was writing, amounted to about six million people. And Hitler said, like this was the cream of the crop of like European the like of European people, you know. He's like, so in America, he's like you had. He's like you have this like core of angle, sex and leadership like utterly ruthless, utterly committed to its own posterity, like utterly insatiable in his desire to like dominate the planet. He's like and like the mentioned material they presided over were basically like millions of the best of like you know, Central Europe and Germany, you know, who realized like, oh, you're diminishing fortunes like on the continent, you know, in those days, immigranting to America was you were like taking your life in your own hands. It was the opposite of today, where it's like, you know, the world empties out there jails and send them to America. You know, like if you had like like you could become rich beyond your wild's dreams in America, but you also might also like die you know and like it uh it uh you you had to have a tremendous I just surviving the journey over here, you know what I mean, Like was wasn't ort deal, you know, Saylers said basically like the people and you get up and go, like got up and win. He's like the best of like the white race like lives in America. He's like, you can't dispute that. He's like, yeah, there's He's like American culture might be vulgar. He's like, uh, you know, there might. He's like there might be like deformities within it. He's like it might suffer from the absence of uh you know, like like like cultural patrons. But he's like, you can't say that they're not like the master race, because they are. He's like they're the best racial material. And he's like, you know, they and he's like there, he's like to that. He's like, the Americans are self aware of this. He's like, that's why they're And he's right, Hitler's writing right with the nineteen twenty five immigration acts, and he made the point. He's like he's like American entire He's like, he's like America is continuing to like siphon off like the best of Europe. He's like, well, privileging you know, Scandinavians and Germans and you know in English, you know, and he's like limiting the number of slots and Latins and basically excluding like Japanese and Chinese from immigratings. They view them as like they're their probable adversaries, you know, in the kind of great game of of a of a of Velt's politique. I mean, all this stuff is true, and that is the way the Americans viewed themselves, you know, like this and for context, like Hitler literally fought the American infantry, you know, like as like he was saying, like he I mean, it's something it's been said that like if you know a race of people, like there's no way to know them intimately than if he like had sex with them. Or killed them. Okay, and there's something to that. I wouldn't characterize it that way, but it's not wrong, you know, like the idea like Hill the was some bumpkin, It's like, well, apparently he wasn't man he and he fought, uh, he fought. He literally fought the US army, you know, after uh, you know, after having faced down the British and the French. And like what he wrote about in his later years was how the American army was tough as nails and and were these incredibly robust, like like horrid people who were like the sons who left us centuries before, you know, like grown like bigger and stronger and faster and smarter than we are, you know, and it was devastating, you know. I mean that's he didn't he didn't say something like that about the Tommy. He didn't say anything like that with the French. He was talking about the Americans. You know.
Speaker 1: Do you think this is why so many people want to claim that the book is a forgery, because they've basically bought into this romantic notion of the Prussian people at the time and and hit the Prussian people being the cream of the crop as far as genetics goes, and then that Hitler would they're putting words in Hitler's mouth so that it would It makes it look like Hitler doesn't really like the German people that much. I mean, that's that's what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's part of it, and I mean it's yeah, I think it's part of it. But it's all the too. It's like some of these people are just guys. You claim everything, like literally everything is fake, Like I remember what it is they claim it's fak Like is the guys who think that like like Joe Biden is is like a hologram we never landed on the moon, Like if you tell him, like you eat corn flakes, but broke fls like none other people man, Like you know you don't believe that, bro' you're like brainwashed, bro, Like the second books are fake, like Hitler was fake. Hitler was like this Jewish gig guy, Like he was fake, bro. I mean, I think it's part of it's just like that, but part of it. Yeah, Like people at the point before that, a lot of these guys who claim to be like national socialists or like or like or like the like I just like to trol people by like wearing a Swasa goa and they really know what it means. They got this, like they got this like cartoon idea of Hitler is basically what like the word apartment of like nineteen forty one said he was. They just like claim that's cool, not that that's bad. So I mean, yeah, I think part of it is that these fools like they want to pretend Hitler was like this Darth Vader type figure like as a ledge and not actually like a thoughtful person with like a critical view of his own kind and stuff. But it you know, but it's also but also you know Hitler, Hitler came from the halfstory Empire, or like the frontier of it halfsfory Empire was a fucking mess. I mean, it's fascinating. If I had a time machine, like I said, I'd want to go back, among other places, the Vienna in like nineteen ten to check it out, because like that that kind of decadent Baroque architecture is that's like really cool and like there's like very cool things about it. But you know, it's like something out of like a fairy tale or something. But it's a total it was totally dysfunctional, you know, like that can't you can't, I mean, and that was really kind of the that was kind of the prime the distilled essence of like decadent, like dysfunctional, like twentieth century Europe. You know. So Hitler's like, this is what our problem is, you know, and there's a reason why he like refused to be drafted by the Habsburg Army and went enjoined the German Army. That wasn't like an accident, you know, like it wasn't because like, oh Hitler was such a big racist.
Speaker 1: It's like no, like.
Speaker 2: Little one said that being a less Someone.
Speaker 1: Claimed, can you answer this? Someone claimed that the only reason you think the second book is authentic is because you're taking the word of Gerhard Weinberg. And Gerhard Weinberg also said David Hogan was full of shit? So is that true too?
Speaker 2: I mean, various people like saw the second book. He talked to Hess about the second book, He discussed its contents with Rim and traup with Gerbels. He Uh openly discussed on the campaign trail in twenty eight I view myself as a writer and I'm writing my second book, Like what yeah, I mean, what what what what? What's the evidence that it's a fake other than that, like guys in the internet say it's fake. I mean, like I don't like what I I don't think it's fake. I have no reason to think that it is.
Speaker 1: Like what it's it's romanticism. It's it's there. It destroys some kind of romantic notion that they have.
Speaker 2: Apparently, yeah, yeah, it's uh but yeah, it's I realized we're coming up on uh the oh well, I'll write up soon. But it's also to like the you know, conspiculously absence. I make this point just because like court history is so like demented on this point. You know, you know, you want to One thing Hitler does not mention at all in the second book is like black people in America is like racial situation. He's just like he has no interest in it. Like he did say that the only time he ever spoke about like slavery in America was he said, quote like transplanting transplanting of millions of African Negroes the American continents as an example of the quote barbarian custom. You know, because he said, I mean, but that was like the view of like a lot of people like just like you know, but he didn't this idea like Hitler was sitting around like like hating on black people. They are like obsessed with like race like in that regard, like he that's totally that's literally retarded, but it's you know, and if anything too, like the the traditional understanding is that you know, like the like the Germans like like sympathized with like the North and kind of like the Union like national economic paradigm, you know, Hamiltonian economics and and all of that. Like the idea that they were like neo Confederates is like literally demented. But you know, he and like most importantly, I think too not like Hitler spoke in the table talk, you'll you'll glean this as well as other places. According to the second book, like Hitler talked about the American dream like now he didn't use those words, but uh he said, quote, the European of today dreams of a living standard which might be possible in Europe but actually exists in America. The American simply lives on average better than we do, you know, And uh he made the point. That's why he emphasized like motorizations so much and saying like every German is gonna like have an automobile, like a family car. Like Stalin famously said that like, oh this these these this film of like American workers like driving, is this is all propaganda? That's not possible, you know, because like it seemed it seemed like science fiction to people in the old world, you know. And Hitler is like, you know, we gotta like basically like we've got to where we're We're we're gonna have an autobond, Like we're gonna we're gonna have, you know, a continent. We're gonna we're we're gonna have our own manifest desity in the East. You like we're gonna have a space program. Berlin is gonna be, you know, like a capital of the world, you know, like he his his competitor was America. You know, it's but this and I mean granted, like it wasn't un qualified, you know, like he uh he talked about the parvenu culture in America that was uh and he uh famously like he uh he mentioned one time like some some like Robert Baron type had mocked up like a faux palace at Versailles as like his house and what I think, uh, like Life Magazine like exhibited it like this was really cool. You know. Hitler's like, you know, this is this is this is you know this this is bullshit, you know, but uh, you know this idea that and he said to like a lot of you said in America had some great things that came out of Hollywood and some great music, but also had some like decadent bullshit you know what they called what he called race music. I mean, that's just what people call it then. But his idea that like you just say, contempt for America was like it is totally asinine, you know, and the uh you know, and it's and I mean at the end of the day too, like I again, like even the uh Germany's geostrategic exposed. Oh and interestingly too like Hill, you know what I mean, Hitler said, uh, it was Europe's literally impossible to defend in depth even at the nineteen fourteen border and restored it wouldn't matter. And you know, he said, we're Germany's quote surrounded completely hemmed in. You know, he said more over in the Age the Airplane, you know, he said, like any German population center can be struck in a matter of hours, you know what I mean. Like it's like again like this idea that like like Americans just don't understand this. It's like I realize that when people when this like the Zionist war against Russia commenced in twenty twenty two, like where it was the politics, like people act like like allowing standoff weapons to be based like two hundred miles from your capital like that, like that's not an act of war or that's not like an existential threat to your existence. You know. It's like I I don't think people understand like that. I think people think that like everyone else in this planet is like some version of America. It's like the size of a continent, you know, like any you know, any any any military enemies you have or basically you know, like a thousand miles away at minimum, Like I don't think they as the crow flies in nineteen twenty eight, like the border of check Us border of Czechoslovakia was now the Czech Republic Ti Berlin. I mean, it's it's like it's less than two hours, like by car if I'm not mistaken, you know, it's like this this idea that like oh, you know, allowing uh you know, allowing the French to base whatever aircraft they can devise, you know, uh, an hour or so from our capitol. Like, that's no problem. You know, we we'd be warmongers if we objected to that. Like I it's completely it's completely insane. But I uh, you know that's uh. And that's also too like something I uh And Sims makes this point too, one of the uh, one of the one of the reasons for the at least in the Hitler's case, one of them, like his personal perspective, one of the reasons for the brutality in the East, the aust frauds. Uh. Obviously, it's the ideological challenge of communism which just had to be eradicated in the estimation of the the national socialist culture. The fact that you know, the Soviet Union declared like it it didn't honor any you know, any any laws and convention of the customs of war. It only abides its own revolutionary imperatives. But also, you know, the the contiguous comminal space Germany needed. I mean that it wasn't that Germany hated like quote hated Slavs, but that the Nazis hated Slavs. Categorically, and Hitler even said in the second book he said, at a future time, if the Bolshevik yoke you know what what he called, like you know, the like the the you know of Russian national rather the Jewish capital orientation, in Hitler's words, could come to pass in Russia, like it wouldn't be off the table for some kind of alliance with the Russians in the future. But that's not where we're at now, and right now we're facing oblivion. I mean, that was really the that that was really the what underlay the kind of like Ras and Creek in the East more than anything. It's not we hate Slavs and let's annihilate them because we hate them. And I was glad that Sims made that point. That's not gonna be wrong. There were, especially among the ranks of Baltic Germans, people like Rosenberg and Prussians who had been like marinated in kind of the culture of Ras and Kreeg I mean, because like they that's what their people steeped in for centuries. They did hate Russians, and I'm sure they viewed them as sub human, but it's generally like that wasn't you know that that that that wasn't like some there was some like grand racial theory of like why the Slavs are some human or something. If that's yeah, we're we're up on the hour. I think, uh, I think, uh, I think is this said on the subject or do you yeah, we can do I think I think a concluding episode might be good, but because I still have some more to say, but I don't wanna. I don't want to sell you your business in terms of no, no problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think wrapping this up one to wrap this up would be great. Do some plugs and uh we'll end it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, Yeah, you can find me at Thomas seven seven seven dot com is number seven h M A S seven seven seven dot com. I'm on Instagram, I'm on Twitter. I'm at Real Capital r e O Underscore number seven h M A S seven seven seven. Yeah, gum Road. I'm populating my gum Road of stuff in the next couple of weeks. To keep an eye out for that. I'll like shout that uh when there's like more stuff on it. But uh, the main place to find me in the and find my podcast is so stack. It's real Thomas seven seven seven dot subseack dot com. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like seeking you fine, appreciate it till the next time. Thank you. I likewise, man, I want to welcome everyone back to the Pekingiana Show at Thomas. How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I've been doing well. I realized I kind of look like a hobo, like I'm getting over a really severe flare up. So I I'm not one hundred percent, So that's what's going on. I didn't. I didn't just like sleep in my clothes last night and then like drag myself over to my computer, even if it looks that way, So forgive me for that.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, if we, uh, since this is a wrap up show, if it needs to be a little bit shorter, that's fine, but I think it'll be okay. Why don't okay, how do you want to finish up this?
Speaker 2: Uh? I wanted to do a retrospective on Hitler's character a bit because the main biography is of Hitler that are accepted by court historians or Ian Kershaw, Alan Bulock, Jakhaim Fest and John Toland, although Totland increasingly, I mean he's he's been dead for many years, but increasingly he's no longer considered part of the canon because he you know, he people who want to finesse their ideological predators would say like, oh, he humanizes Hitler or he minimizes the severity of you know, the purported you know, fish is evil in things. But if you're gonna deal with Hitler in any meaningful capacity, you kind of have to wig. You kind of have to wait, you have to you have to rebut those allegations and and that kind that those kinds of specious claims. But you know, if you're dealing with any uh tyrant or any warlord or any or any great leader, you've got to You've got to both identify his analogs and you've also got to identify what sort of psychological processes, particularly symbolic psychological processes, animated him and his vision. Okay, and this is controversial even for people, uh supposedly on the right, Like I read this. I've been reading a lot of Hitler biographies lately owing to my manuscripts, and I'm writing too many scripts. I'm working on steel Storm, but I'm writing this Nuremberg book. And I realized that character evidence of the equivalent isn't just positive anything, and it's not even formally admissible, but so much of the Nurmeric indictment kind of orbited around what supposedly was in the mind of the fure as, like the seminal command authority, that something has got to be addressed. So you know, it's just kind of refleshing, refreshing my recollection, you know, kind of on what on what the primary claims are. And Russell Stolfi's book, which is a splendid rebuttal that I was reading this really good review by this guy who uh, I think periodically writes for Countercurrence, and I got like halfway through it and then he uh and then starts shrieking about how awful it is that Stulfi claimed that Mohammed was an analog the Hitler. I mean, apparently this guy has got some like kosherized prejudice against Moslims or something, and that's that's that's a completely fucking idiotic that like people still think that way, or that they essentially just kind of apply those same conceptual biases just you know, kind of with reverse colors. The historical analysis. I mean, plus like Muhammad was a great man, you know, like they can't he wasn't uh, he wasn't what is Uh believers think that he was. But and it's not some slam and Moslims either, you know, they worship the same God I do. However incomplete their interpretation is But saying like Muhammad wasn't one of the greatest mane of relave, it was like saying Julius Caesar was a second Raiders is idiotic. But moving on from the kind of tangential complaint, I believe and even if I didn't what historians claim, which makes sense, even if they weren't dealing with a figure, it's kinda monumental and controversial as Hitler, you know, like the man Hitler became was kind of that kind of character trajectory was set when he was about eighteen years old, which is generally the case, especially for males. I think, like when I kind of develop the sort of visionary ambitions. But you know, that was right when Hitler his mother died. And that's also when he you know, suffered as first major disappointment when he applied to the Vienna School of Fine Arts, at which Hitler was not rejected for being a quote terrible artist. He was told that he was a great architect, but that you know, he obviously for his skill set lay so that you know, he was he was accepted into the architecture program and told that, you know, fine arts were not really his forte and a. Uh. Not having attended a real school and not having the credentials to pursue that alternate track, you know, that basically cut off it career trajectory unless he's able to find somebody to kind of act as a patron and in a strange city, that wasn't very likely. But the one of the things that's claimed about Hitler is that, oh, well, you know, Hitler had this had this unhealthy relationship with his and then I mean this kind of things like steeped in like Freudian nonsense. Obviously, these kinds of claims, but that also that doctor Block, who was an oncologist who treated Hitler's mom, that oh, Hitler obviously came to hate Jews because Block was a Jew and just blamed him for the death of his mother. That's not at all true, and Hitler actually thought really highly of doctor Block. In a rebuttal to that kind of off repeated claim, Block said the Colliers magazine during the war, he said, I'm probably like the most privileged jew like you'll find in Germany row after you today. I don't believe that's an accident. And when Hitler told me that he owed me a great debt of honor for caring for his mother, apparently he was sincere. Okay, that's straight from the horse's mouth. But I do believe Hitler's upbringing was very strange. You know, Hitler's father, Elwis, he kind of because amplified what was wrong with the Hasbury Empire. And something Toland says, which I think is not off base, is that, you know, Hitler Elois was a tyrant. He was just kind of a mean guy. He beat his family, especially Hitler's older brother, Elowis Junior. Elowis Junior was Hitler's ad brother, and uh, his father terrorized him. And you know, Elowis ran away from home at fourteen and never came home, which speaks for himself. But you know, uh, after Alowis ran away, Hitler was kind of the brunt of his of his dad's you know, kind of bullying, and his dad was a Hitler wasn't poor, despite what some people claim either like the family was solidly middle class. Hitler's father was. He joined the border guards or the Customs Service with the frontier guards. Like basically like uh think like kind of homeland security meets some immigrations and customs enforcement. So he's basically a cop. You know. He joined this, he joined up at eighteen, retired at fifty eight. You know, so he had this like solid pension and he was you know, uh, he had a lot of he had a lot of clout like within that institution, and you know, like Hitler reviewed him as this kind of like is this kind of like crud ignoramus who had sort of like a reverence for authority for its own sake, you know. In those days, we'll get into this. He was actually illegal to sing the German national anthem. It was illegal to display images of Bismarck and other like patriotic iconography. You know. The we talk we talked about the nationalities problem in in the Soviet Union, like the Habsburg Empire had the worst nationalities problem like ever seen. Okay, so there was this kind of like authoritarian bureaucracy that was aiming at suppressing like everybody's you know, kind of nationalist or or self consciously like ethnic feeling. Ye know, so Hitler's mind, I'm very early on. Hitler was self consciously German, which makes a lot of sense. You know, this kid who was who lived on the frontier of the Habsburg Empire, you know, basically, you know, as a minority, you're on a you know, around a bunch of other minorities. But I don't think it's off base to suggests that one of the reasons Hitler came to hate the Habsburg regime, like not the emperor himself, like a or anything like that, but just like, you know, the regime that propped it up. He identified dad with his dad, who really was just like a bully, you know. And Hitler's dad died, you know, when Hitler was thirteen years old. He just had like a massive heart attack. You know. On the one hand, uh, On the one hand, that kind of freed the family from his from his British tyranny. But you know, he the family got a pretty They didn't fall into punery or anything, because they had like a decent pension. But Hitler's older brother had run away years before Hitler's Uh, four younger siblings of Hitler's had died. You know. Hitler's mom, even before she got cancer, was kind of unwell you know, Hitler was like the man of the house at thirteen years old. You know, it's not that there was not an easy thing, you know. So this idea too that Hitler was just this kind of like a lay about like idiot or something who you know just uh, you know, had an act to grind with his deity and and wasn't doing anything and in his in this kind of care free ado lessons as regards you know, real responsibility. Like that's that's nonsense too, But uh, what's fair thing to me is that some of these formative uh things like not just fascinations but conceptual but by like conceptual fixations, like he emerged like around this time, like before after Allows senior ed retired, Like he tried he bought this like gentleman's farm. You know, he's try and kind of live this kind of country squire life or something. And like the farm failed because you know, Elwis didn't know what he was doing and he actually was Alwis actually was kind of drunkly about, you know, like when he wasn't you know, doing his border guard you know, policeman thing. But uh, the after uh, after that, the family moved to uh this apartment house goes right across from this Benedictine monastery and the school year of eighteen ninety seven eighteen ninety eight, Hitler, Uh, the path he walked to school of went, it went, it went through this gate abudding the Benedictine premises, specifically the monastery, and there's a stone arch in the center of it, and like very prominently was carved uh in the monastery's coat of arms, like a swastika, which I I don't think that's accidental that you know that, Uh that and that's why I raised the people who say, like, no, Hitler was signaling with these people in the tool society that you know, he he was some of a culted pagan Like no, no, no, that's not the case. And swats guys were ubiquitous and in in medieval and Gothic freezes and things, and uh, the kind of Gothic, the kind of mini Gothic revival you know that was emergent, you know, really for a few decades, you know, from about like the eighteen seventies or eighties. I'm not I'm not at all like an architectural historian or anything, but you know, approximately around the time when you know, like Hitler was coming up, that that kind of thing was still prominent, particularly and in some of the kind of suburbs and exurbs of Central Europe from these you know, from these baroque cities of course, like Vienna. But it's and interestingly Helene Hofstangle, who is Putsy Hofstangle's wife, I mean obviously in Hofstangle. Hofstangle was kind of a buffoon, and he became very much, uh, on the outs with Hitler, and even even when he was even when he was in the good graces of the kind of core of the UH of the at the National Socialist Party, he never really got any respect act. But his wife kind of before mag the Gebels, became Hitler's a like confidant and arguably kind of like the fact the first lady the third Reich, like, uh, Helene Hofsnangle kind of filled that role and Hitler told her that, you know, during this time he he considered becoming a priest, you know, because he's like, this is this is like a higher calling for you know, that's that's not it's not sullied by you know, these guys like worldly things that you know, I don't want any part of and you can you know, you can surround yourself with art, you know, but do it in a way that you know is you know, people can index with you know, is in their in their worship and things like. It's very interesting because that's the only kind of despite a lot of fake quotes and a lot of speculation, like Hitler never said bad things about Catholicism, like he just didn't. But you know, you never said anything particularly praising of it either.
Speaker 1: Let me ask the question during the Straster debates, does he refer to himself as an atheist? No?
Speaker 2: No, and that's why most uh, notably in the December eleventh speech, he mentioned providence or God over half a dozen times. And I mean it's a constant, it's it's a constant uh motif. You know. But that's well, that that's a that's a discussion for another time because there's a lot there. But no, he that's that that's absolutely as nine. What people do is they take they take quotes from like they take they take either like like totally confabulated quotes from girls or something they're just like made up, or they take actual quotes on some buffoon like Borman, like you know, mouthing off on a much he hates the Catholics and saying like see you like you know, the nuts he's received or something. Jews wanted to burn all the churches, you know, like Bormann said so when he was like three Sheets of the Wind and talking Ship, you know, like but the you know it, uh, the there was something uh you know, even in even in a play, it's kind of like a culture. It is like halfs thro of Austria. You know, I don't mean like culture necessarily in co of pollen in terms that was that too, but you know there was there was this kind of like deep reverence for the arts and things, you know, like just saying when when Hitler was asked other than this kind of brief deliance with the with the idea of becoming a priest. You know, Hitler when he was when he was asked what he was gonna be, like what his career was gonna be, he'd always say like, I'm gonna be a great artist. And the adults would be like, well, you know, you have to have a proper profession, you know, like it uh you know, So it's not it's not as if these these were like flights of fancy that you know, were encouraged by some like doting mother who's out of it, you know, like like not even remotely, but the and it was around Uh it's an this time too, Hitler realized he could draw he uh from the time you know he's about uh but in our system, like fifth or sixth grade age, you know, like eleven or twelve years old, he'd start uh surreptitiously sketching one of his school chums named Weinberger. Weinberger, you know, he wrolate that. Uh he watched over several days as Hitler, like you know, in class when they were listening to some lesson or another. Hitler Uh he recreated from memory the castle at Schomberg and just like sketched it out, you know. And he early on in life, like other kids looked at him as a leader. You know. What's fascinating to me too, was that his favorite stuff to read was ah stories by James Fenimore Cooper and kind of his German his German imitator or kind of counterpart was Carl May who also wrote Western stories. But uh, you know the kind of the cowboys and Indians, you know, uh kind of genre like came from James Fenimore Cooper. You know, like Hitler's Hiller is a kid actually taught himself to throw a lasso, which I think is hilarious. But he'd uh his uh like those who remembered him. You know, this was multiple people said that hilarys wanted to play cowboys and Indians, you know, and uh, you know, he talked about America as this kind of like wild place but also this kind of like marvelous place almost like the land of odds of like you know, infinite power, infinite wealth, but also like wild people and you know, like warriors and like, you know, it's it's I I find that I find that fascinating. You know. It's like it's like a little Austrian kid, like that's what he's that's what he's getting into. But according to Hilary said and and then then the tracks by what his sister Paula told him Toland as well as other uh as well as other witness testimony, which I have no reason I think is incredible. Hitler, Uh, he became fixed. He became fixated on these two like historical magazines that were dedicated to Franco Prussian War, which obviously was like loomed hugely in the minds of of Germans, you know, I mean that was uh, I mean that that was that was that was the great victory, you know, like there and the kind of uh the kind of finest hour of Prussian arms. But it's also you know, Europe in the nineteenth century like didn't go to war really, you know what I mean. There was the Franko Prussian Wars is the Primean war, you know, but after Waterloo, like there wasn't there wasn't any There weren't like major engagements you know that that that involved you know, half a dozen countries and millions of men, you know. That's why that's why so many European mercenaries ended up, you know, fighting in the war within the States, because that's where the action was, you know it. And Hitler uh he became He stated in his own testimony that uh, the Board War was uh you know what really imbued him with like self conscious patriotism as well as uh, you know, as well as his understanding that like you're in German, you know, which is fascinating and that I like we talked about in our World War One series the degree to which the Germans felt a deeply deep affinity for the boards, like they can't be like overstated, you know that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it was also his he was about this age too when uh, his his younger brother Edmund died of measles. And that was the fourth death of one of the Hitler children. So Hitler was Hitler was the only remaining son. Okay, el Eis was you know, he was Hitler's have brother, but he was like long gone anyway. His family didn't even know if he was better alive, you know. The Uh, this is when this is when hilar was kind of forced to grow up in my opinion, you know. And then shortly shortly thereafter, you know, Lewis Senior died, but before he did, just a couple of years previously, Hitler reached the age where's eligible to attend the other at gymnasium or a real school, and his practical minded father was you know, I thought of gymnasium was a waste of time, you know. And for those who don't know, like in those days, I've knowed the European systems like now, but in those days, you know, gymnasium would prepare people for you know, classical education and what was then the university curriculum. You know, a real school was it was like you know, a technical and scientific academy, okay, and the uh the nearest real school was located in the Winds. So Hitler uh set off for Winds, you know when he was uh when when he was like a little kid, you know, he'd uh pack a rucksack on his back. He quite literally walked for three hours, you know, and sometimes he'd stay overnight or through the weekend. You know. But this is that kind of the degree of autonomy and kind of worldliness and like understanding of like mortal things that's not gonna think about like kids in the West these days, you know, I mean, I you know, and uh what the testimony the Tolands aeos the other people was Hitler. This is basically when Hitler like abandoned like all interest in schoolwork, like viewing it essentially as bullshit, you know. And Hitler said, quote, I thought that once my father saw a little progress I was making at the real school, he would on me to devote myself to my dream, whether he liked it or not. However, Hitler did perform on a you know, to pass. He also Keplinger. It was one of Hitler's friends who provided testimony to Toland said Hitler. And I find this significant because other intimates of Hitler like vote from his childhood, his life as a young man, as well as his like later adulthood. Keplinger said, quote, he had guts. He wasn't the hot head, but he really was more menable than a good many. He exhibited two extremes of character which are not often seen in unison. He was a quiet fanatic. You know, Hitler wasn't like this carpet chewing mediac. He wasn't this guy who was like yelling all the time. It wasn't this guy came off like a tweaker. You know, there's like this quiet, quiet intensity, Like dude almost never raised his voice, he almost never lost his temper. But he was obviously a fanatic, you know, Like that's the key to that's the key to Hitler. You know, people don't understand that, don't really understand like how we index with people the way he did, And they don't really they don't really understand his like kind of like what what what appealed to him in the people about him in personal terms as well as in kind of you know, idealized terms. But you know, Keplinger also made the point he said, you know, he said the board war, he said it kind of he said it like invigorated us, you know, not just the kids would be adults. You know, this sense of historical mission and like a desire for like our own state, you know, German state. You know, he said Bismarck was our hero. You know, he's like, you know, we sing Bismarck songs, you know when when authority figures were out out of your shot. You know, he's like he's like, we'd secretly, like you know, in private, like salute each other and things, you know. With Hyle, you know, like it's like a lot of this, a lot of stuff that became kind of the the key lore of the Nazi party, like literally developing like Hitler's little kid on the frontier with other Habsburg Germans and kind of the world situation was changing in critical ways. You know, this idea that like Hitler came up with this, you know, one day in nineteen twenty two because it seemed like a way to kind of sway public opinion like is ridiculous. You know, the degree with which Hyler was a product of of that time and epoch, particularly the you know Lin's and at the turn of the century. I mean, don't get me wrong, Hill, there was by no means like a politician or a conventional political actor, but nothing, nothing that uh he considered to be you know, the intractable kind of core of the NSD A P and its ambitions like no, no, that was like, none of that was strange, None of that was you know, issues a first impression or you know, or anything like that. Apparently his first kind of real passion of the opera he came from a Longer in the Wagner Opera he played at the Linz Opera House and the uh for those that don't know, in Longer and a key episode is ah King Henry two assembols, uh like the German Knights who are trying to expel uh like the mag Yards. Okay, which I mean interestingly, you know what I mean obviously would resonate with with the habs for Austrian kid. But uh, there's this, uh, there's this like poetic refrain when the King's addressing the men that Travis says, quote, let the reichs m L appear. We're well prepared to see him near from his eastern desert plane. He'll never dare to stir again. The German starts of German Land. That's the rich and vigor, that's well, the right in vigor stand if you go by his own testimony as well as if you go by kind of the what what can be verified as populating the kind of cultural landscape of the time, you know, these things that these kinds of key aspects a Feler's early romanticism, as well as kind of as the kind of cultural pastief that you know, he he wanted a national Solson to become a kind of a vehicle of this stuff developed when he was a kid. And I think people who commit themselves to things of that nature, I mean great and small. I mean, obviously I'm not talking to I'm talking about regular people like myself, not just you know, kind of great meount of history. Like the stuff you really get into, this stuff like that you get into before like pre adolescens. Like the stuff you're into is like a teenager or a young man comes and goes. It tends to be kind of informed by passion and then the moment sort of impulses. But like the stuff you can do when you're a kid, when you're like no longer an infant, but you're like, but you're not properly like an adolescent yet the stuff you can do when you're like ten, eleven, twelve years old. You know, you can't fully understand it yet in terms of it's it's core characteristics. That's kind of like what stays with you as a mature man, you know, Like I think it's uh, it's somewhat different for women, but like women have to grow up fast too, you know, but it's I firmly believe this. I think it's uh. I think it should be written about more but the you know, the real kind of you know that more than the un than the than the Vienna. Hitler I think, uh. I think informs the the structure that the the mans like Hitler. The man's like uh Kubazac when people, you know, I think Coopsac is uh something of the unreliable, you know, an unreliable narrator of myth and lower. But I think his testimony about Hitler, I mean basically tracks in my opinion, with what other people say. And it's you know, when Hitler Hitler being told Hitler is confident based then on on his you know, what he'd submitted to other people who were in a position to judge such things, you know, kind of people in like administrative and gatekeeper roles. Okay, when he does when he he was confident that his portfolio would be accepted, you know, to the School of Fine Arts, like when it wasn't, and when the rector said, I don't know, but don't be discouraged. You know, your your your ability obviously lives in the field of architecture, young man. You know, it wasn't just that. It wasn't just that Hitler didn't want to jump to bunch of hoops and probably his financial situation wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't allow that. But I mean it was that his whole kind of susition itself and what he wanted out of life. And you know the you know, artists artist view themselves is wanting to participate in something like greater than the cell. It's very spiritual. You know that this this was crushing in a way. It wouldn't be just you know, if if Hitler didn't land his first job he coveted or something, you know, and uh, immediately after you know, like the following month. That's when Hitler received a news from the postmaster that his mother was dying. You know, so he rushed back to Linz, you know he could. He sought out doctor Block again, who when Hitler's mom first fell ill, you know, was uh the doctor Hitler retained because he was you know, he had a reputation from being you know, the best in his field. The drastic treatments that uh were available then involved involved treating the patient with large doses, like dangerous large doses of idio form. What's uh, I I it's basically a kind of crew for a chemotherapy, you know, something with the surgery in somebody where a metastasist is already present. They they'd be wrapped the open wound to be wrapped in clause causes dipped in idio form and idio form it would Uh one of the side effects is that the patient wouldn't be able to swallow. You know, it was uh, it was. It sounds like a kind of torture, you know. You know, and Block admonis Hitler that you know this this is a very dangerous procedure, and I there's not any reason to believe that she'll recover, but this is all we can do. And you know, uh, Block explained later in his interviews, you always said that, you know, the procedure was the idio form itself as a as a nauseating odor like chemical odor. It would burn its way to the tissues, you know, to kill the tumors ideally, but it was it was it basically would torture the patient. Okay, Block said the Hitler's mom was was it typically stoic germanly. He said that quote unflinchingly and uncomplainingly. She bore her burden, but it seemed to torture her son. An English grimace would come over him when he saw when he saw pain contractor face speaking of him, speaking of Hitler, when uh, when she died, uh, you know, Block expressed as condolence as the Hitler you know, and Hitler thank Block for everything he'd done. He assured him that he'd been compensated for the remainder of who was owed and he was the Dodter said he saw that Hitler was Hitler's sketch. Pat Hitler had drawn a final sketch of his mom like you know, as she died, and Block said that you know, he said, and he said, I've seen any death bed scenes. I never saw anyone so prostrate with griefs off Hitler. Now you know, before people, I mean Hitler was with the teenager at this point, and before people say like, oh, you know this uh represents some sort of in a pro age and appropriate attachment to his mom or something like Hitler's mom was already had. You know, he had a dead father who had been a you know, a mean bully who was kind of loathed by everybody. You know, he had four dead siblings in the grave. You had a big brother who like you know, ran away and never looked back. He had a little sister that he had to take care of, you know. I mean I and plus like leaving your mom sucks. I speak of experience, you know what I mean, Like it's I uh, yeah, you know, especially and it's one thing if uh, it's one thing if you're you know, if you're a married man and you got you know, like a family and like you know, people around you, it's like, you know, uh, at the end of the day, Like you know, if if you're a single man, it's like your mom and your dad care about you, and like that's about it, you know what I mean. And that's not that's not he's playing some kind of murder or something, but it's you know, it hits hard if you're a young person and your mom dies, you know what I mean. I mean, it hits hard anyway. But you know the and like I said, block, he was emphatic, you know, he said, hilar He's like obviously, you know, like I was enjoying certain privileges and immunities I would not have if I was not doctor. You know who I who I am? The right government. This idea that like Hitler like was seeking revenging his block or something, and this you know, took on this like anti Jewish posture, and that's that's fucking ridiculous. But it's the reason I ever size this is because it's, like I said, it's not there's not really any way I understand Hitler without you know, appealing to kind of symbolic psychological phenomenon. I mean, that's true for like any you know, Alexander the Great very probably murdered his father. I know that there's there's a controversies and people have many I mean, there's many kind of competing theories, but I you know, one part because he felt his mother was being disrespected by the you know, his father's kind of new concubine and became the favored wife. And also that you know who wasn't Macedonian, but uh, you know, and and and the heir apparent would become, you know, the child that he sided with her. But it's you know, you're not gonna find You're not gonna find a kind of squeaky clean I don't know if that's even the right way to characterize it. Your early life in ah and An a truly great man's biography, and especially I think he's a Hitler, you know, like Stophie's always driving home and his kind of rebuttal biography of if you're Hitler, wasn't the politician. Pretty much at every opportunity, Hitler avoided politics or said this is a waste of our time, or he didn't monish people, you know, like he did von Popp and and and the kind of leg see the members of the legacy regime, you know, like you don't understand what we're doing here, like you know, we this is a historical mission. We're thinking in terms of millennia. You know, we're not. We're not trying to We're not trying to come to terms with the social Democrats with the budgets. You know, We're not We're not We're not playing this. We're not engaged in this charade of parliamentarism, you know. Where uh, we're engaged in a world historical enterprise, probably side unseen since Genghis Khan. You know, and I've emphasized before in my writing as well as in our discussions, the degree to which Hitler and particularly Himmler emphasized Yasa as well as other aspects of the Mongol culture. But you know, Yasa was the it was the oral legal tradition, uh, knowledge of which was restricted to a dedicated caste. But the national socialist interest in it, in this kind of thing, particularly in the subject, was nuanced. But the understanding that we've got this kind of pastiche of peoples that constitute you know, our our our our civilizational organism that were scattered to the wind by the thirty years of war. You know, now we're trying to create a kind of cohesion there in and rebuild and bring up our racial stock or cultural stock, if you what do you prefer that's become weakened, and is is definitely inferior in critical ways vis a vis our adversaries. And we've we've got to, you know, we we've got to create a kind of new European man. You know, these are things that the Mongols were charged with two in their own way. I mean the Mongols they you know, the Turks when they were you know, a step people. They uh you know, they were they they were like a pastige of ethnicities, you know that they'd taken on as as janissaries of slaves and you then were like manumitted and assimilated. I mean, it wasn't we're not talking about that degree of of alienage, you know, between German people. But Hitler was correct, and uh what he described as you know, the kind of shattering catalysts of the Thirty Years War and you know, uh later modernity on the Germans as the people and thus Europeans as a people. You know. So that's uh, that's key. And I mean I and of course to the the thing to keep anybody who anybody who views himself as possessing a mandate, a providential mandate, uh A a world historical right, if you will. Anyone who finds themselves in circumstances where they are the agent of of history, or of providence or of a divine will. You know, whether you're talking about Cromwell or Muhammad, or Hiller or Napoleon or Genghis Khan, you're gonna be forced to say aside conventional moral considerations because at a at at a certain scale, and that that just doesn't apply anymore, you know, And that's certain the exigence, the exigency is presented, do not allow or individuated moral judgments. That's just reality, you know. I And people want to pretend like that's an Italien phenomenon to America, So I think it's absolutely not. That's whatever. During the Cold War, that's what every every man who who took the oath of office had to be prepared to kill tens of millions of a Soviets. I mean, like that's you know, within minutes potentially, you know, so Americans don't going to echo aloof and say like, oh no, this is an alibi of you know, people in the old world who you know becausessor developed moral understanding. But you know, the one of the things about people like Hitler, like Muhammad, like Cromwell, despite the kind of dummy cliffs notes propaganda versions of Hitler's a sendency or of like or or what these like chet Nick types and these Zionist say about, like Muhammad, you can be the biggest con man in the world, and like people aren't gonna people aren't gonna follow you like you're a prophet, or they're not gonna they're not gonna decide you're like a stride history and you know, and and and and and just you know, say yeah, I agree with you. You're a messianic person just because you say so. That's not the way things work. Like Hitler was the fear, because that's what eighty million people said. You know, Muhammad apparently was a messenger of God because well, the entire Arabian peninsula said he was. You know. Agur Cromwell was never particularly religious. When he was about forty years old, he started claiming he was in communion with God. And he had no military experience, but he just like one day raised an army and uh went and cut the king's head off, you know what I mean? Like that, you can you can't just like decide that what you're gonna be, you know, and you can't you can't just you can't just say like subtle circumstances and how facilitated this like mythology being developed after the facts, you know. So I mean there's there's that too, I but I focused on what it did today because, like I said, they kind of the main excluding Tall and obviously the main court history biographies of of Adolf Hitler. They claim that Hitler's early life and his purported psychological frailties and mythologies they're in is what made him evil, and that coupled with this like irrational desire for revenge in the week of World War One, his constitutes like you know, the the the psychological landscape of of of of Hitler. Okay, and none of that makes any sense, But that's why I focused on what I did. And also I didn't if people had the things they wanted to raise about the series. Generally, I thought we'd cover that, but I put a solicited question. People didn't really have anything outstanding, at least at least it hadn't kind of been asked and answered. But that's that's uh, yeah, what I got for today. Man s for being this being kind of brief, but like I said, you can tell him not at one hundred percent yet, but I hope.
Speaker 1: Uh not a problem.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I hope I would like it.
Speaker 1: I think I would like to do an episode one day where we just asked the tough questions about about him.
Speaker 2: No, that's fine man, And I'm always yeah, I uh, people always getting on me to do a space I I don't really like Twitter is like the platform to do live stuff, but we should do. I definitely like to do a stream on Hitler, you know, like basically on our series that we just completed, but you know, outstanding questions and stuff that people want to take up.
Speaker 1: Sure, I have a bunch too. So well it's two plugs and uh, let you get back to heal it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'll be fine, man, I mean I but yeah, thanks for the well wishes. You can find me. My one stop shot for all my content is it's just my website. It's Thomas seven seven seven dot com is number seven h o A S seven seven seven dot com. The podcast and other good stuff is on substack. It's real Thomas seven seven seven dot substate dot com. The Twitter is real Capital r e A L underscore number seven h om A S seven seven seven. I'm on Instagram and TikTok and I'll add bullshit. But like I said, seeking you shall find like go to my Twitter or go to my website.
Speaker 1: All that.
Speaker 2: I uh, I'm in the process of a and like a colleague of mine, we're we're putting together some immerseed that long Last is going to be available on the gum Road. And thanks again for for during the movie series with me. People are very excited about that and it gives me something to populate my gum Road with as I kind of you know, diversify products they're available and stuff. But yeah, man, that's what I got. And well we'll reconvened later this week and do more stuff. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Have a good ey