Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, tam Case.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and welcome in Tomo. Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. I hope you're well on this Tuesday nights. Buckle up, here we go. It's a big one here Los Angeles Dodgers playing host to the San Diego Padres for the start of a three game series on the line. First place in the NL West, the Dodgers ninety three and sixty three on this season. They got a magic number of four to clinch the division with six to go. Three huge headed the head matchups against the San Diego Padres tonight, the series opener with landon neck on the mound, first pitch coming up at seven to ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you will hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup in this series opener, David Vez goes one on one with Miguel Rohats we got your Dodgers magical moment. We got the latest injury news. Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson and in just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and here from Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, the Dodgers were off yesterday. On Sunday, they walked off the Colorado Rockies in dramatic fashion, a game in which the Dodgers saw Yoshi Yamamoto did not last long three innings, allowed four runs on five hits, struck out four walk three put the Dodgers in an early hole, giving up three runs in the top half of the first inning. They would tack on a run in the third to go up four to nothing. Ta Oscar Hernandez and the Dodgers finally got on the board in the fourth inning, a solo blast from Taoscar Hernandez his big thirty first home run of this season. It was a four to one Rockies lead. In this sixth the Rockies would tack on one more to go up five to one. One. Dodgers were trailing going to the seventh inning, needing to get a win to win this series against the lowly Colorado Rockies when Key k Hernandez stepped up to the plate and delivered.
Speaker 3: Now one two pitch to Keikya Is Swings and belts went deep to left, heading back to the walls.
Speaker 2: Chaunts.
Speaker 4: This ball is come hold on Kik Hernandez little two run shot and it's five to three.
Speaker 2: Key k Hernandez goes deep as eleventh of the season. That one a two run shot in the top tier play the game sponsored by Arco Quality top tier gas for less. Dodgers. Even with that two run home run, still down five to three. Later in the inning, Freddy Freeman and Rbik singles showing scoring show Heyo Tani. That made it a five to four game, but the Dodgers were still down a run going to the ninth inning when Sho Heo Chani changed that a solo home run four hundred and thirty two feet number fifty three for show Hey Otani as that tie the game at five. Dodgers Stadium was electric as the Dodgers tied things up, and that brings us to the breath of fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 4: Oh two pitch to Mookie. He swings hits a drive deep left. It's heading back to the wall. This ball is done. It's done. It's done.
Speaker 5: A walk up winner for Molkie Betts and the Dodgers come on the way back to win a six to five Bets with a blast and a Mkie moment on a Sunday and bloon and the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers win their ninety third.
Speaker 1: Game of the season.
Speaker 5: Oh what a beautiful ending on a beautiful.
Speaker 2: Sunday afternoon at Dodgers stadiums Mookie Bets delivers after show hey Otani's home run. Back to back home runs, Dodgers walk off the Rockies on Sunday, six to five to the final The breath of fresh air moment of the game presented by a Tar Mechanical. Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services here in southern California, look no further than a Tara Mechanical, your trusted partner. Say hi to Omar and Brittany, the owners founders, great people. Their service is more than just a solution. It's a breath of fresh air from the moment you call to the completion of your project. A Tar Mechanical delivers friendly on his service at a fair price. Well, the Dodgers went the win improved in ninety three and sixty three. They've got a four game lead in the division with six to play. As the Dodgers now have a head to head matchup against the San Diego Padres. Land and neck on the mount of the series, opening with more, we head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast with Steven Nelson Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 6: Thank you Tim Kate Spade shopper extraordinaire. Yes, I was listening to Petros and Money today. Moe driving into Dodgers Stadium ahead of a massive series, the biggest series of the season by far. Three games up on the Padres, three games with the San Diego Padres, and it feels fitting that both teams came back on Sunday to set up speaking and case.
Speaker 7: This is not going to the outlet molls. This is going right to the top of everything else. This is really a precursor to postseason because you have one team that's already guaranteed a postseason slot, the other team that being the Padres, who have really been playing exceptionally good baseball. I mean since the All Star Break, they're forty and seventeen. They're knocking on the door, and I think they come into town with some realization is that they were hoping the Dodgers did not come through. In the ninth inning of that game on Sunday, they did with back to back home runs by Otani and Betts to de seal the victory. They were hoping they could come in here with two games to make up for ty in first place. Well it's three. But the Padres had their goal set of trying to win the Western.
Speaker 6: Division, and they still can if they went out and they could do it. They could win the West if they go five and one, but the Dodgers couldn't go better than two and four. So that's what's on tap the Padres. If they win tonight, they do clinch up season birth and they've won seven to ten against the Dodgers year. I think when you go back a couple of seasons to the Division Series when the Padres knocked out the Dodgers, and well, everybody remembers how big a deal that was to San Diego, right because, as that organization said, they were trying to slay the dragon, and they finally did well. The biggest outcome in that series wasn't that round. It was the fact that no longer is that clubhouse scared of what's on the other side. The Dodgers have owned the Padres for years and years and years. That fear is gone. And so the Dodgers that how does that impact the Dodgers in your estimation?
Speaker 7: I think it's a realization. As it look, they've knocked the Dodgers out of postseason. They've knocked the Dodgers out and already the the series that they've had previous in this season. Right, So San Diego is feeling very good about it. I agree. This is this series is catching a lot of attention, including and I don't know the factors that we gauge. You know, is at a level one, is at a level two. I will tell you this. I stopped at a red light today and someone rolled their window down and asked me what I thought about this series coming up tonight. So, I mean, this is the talk around town. It's the big talk in San Diego. Because as soon as the Padres game was over on Sunday, the people at pet Cove Park in San Diego began to chant beat La. So they come into Los Angeles understanding exactly what's going on.
Speaker 6: They got to beat La three times to overtake them in the division. Tim, as we send it back to you, just recognize this. Dave Roberts, when asked about the Padres having won the season series already seven to ten games. Doc put it simply, I think it's quote. I think it's pretty easy to see that when we played them, they came out more intense than we did, and that's got to change. The fan base is already riled up an intense We will see if the Dodgers can match and exceed the Padre expectation when this game gets going shortly, all.
Speaker 2: Right, no doubt they're gonna have to crank it up another not just we counted down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game. Dam meal on Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shite's pizza, Chicken and Mojo's at Shaky's dot Com? Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Miguel Rojas. David Veasse, our Dodger insider checks in throughout the show. We'll die deeper into this pitching matchup, but up next to your Otani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports net la Is. We're leading you up to first pitch on this Tuesday night Dodgers and Padres first pitch of sevent ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Its Morongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck, y'all on, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padre is starting a three games series the nl wes on the line, Land and Neck Michael King the pitching matchup. First pitch at seventeen.
Speaker 1: This is the free wind first pitch to show.
Speaker 3: Hey, Otani swung on hit on the ground right side. That's true for a bas ship. Three hits today for show HALTONI anyway, here's bets. There goes Otani for second picture. Is not their throw, not their stole in base number fifty five. That's thirty one in a row for Otani to one pitch to Otani, he swings hits.
Speaker 2: A drive right center and deep. He's tied it up.
Speaker 1: Show hell tunny home.
Speaker 5: Run number fifty three, a game tang homer in the bottom of the ninth.
Speaker 1: Can you believe this guy?
Speaker 5: He is unreal, A big show with a big last here in the ninth.
Speaker 2: It's a five five fowl game.
Speaker 4: Oh how do you like that?
Speaker 2: Show, Hey Otani four for five the home run is stolen base. What a day on Sunday for the Dodger designated hitter now hitting three oh one on this season, now sitting on fifty three home runs and fifty five stolen bases. Otani rewind brought to by eto inz Iyocha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that show Hey o Toani loves and drinks available at local Diso stores, Amazon at Etoin dot com. That's it oe n dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joins us from the stadium as the Dodgers and Padres start this big three game series and curious, so there's no other way to put it. The Dodgers still haven't clinched the division. The Padres hottest team in the National League right now. This is a must win series.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, it is, and it look the Padres are currently three games back in the division. This is a three game series, so depending on a hopefully this doesn't happen. But if they were to sweep the dog the Potters were to sweep the Dodgers, there goes that three game lead just like that, and then it's what they could potentially take over the division because they have the tiebreaker of the regular season. So there's actually a lot more to this series than just Dodgers Padres. The rivalry that's come of it like this does have postseason impact. So for the Dodgers right now, the magic numbers four. As I mentioned, it's three game lead, so with two wins, they could clinch the division. Obviously, for the Padres, they're sending out their heavy hitters. As you mentioned, the offense has been fantastic for them, the pitching has been great. It's one of the best, it's not the best team at the moment in the National League. And for the Dodgers, they're coming off of a series in which, yes, they took two of three from the Rockies, but I think it's fair to say like that series was a bit of a grind for the Dodgers, so when it mattered most, they pulled through. With the home run from show Hey Otani, the fight back in that game for Game three of that series, and then the walk off from Mookie Bets. We saw things moving, like finally it picked up steam towards that the end of Game three, so hopefully they can carry that momentum over into this one. But Dave Roberts did say today like this is gonna be an intense matchup. This is truly going to be a postseason preview, and I think the cool thing about that is we get to see some arms. One landon nat who has the ball today. We get to see how he's going to handle the situation because he's been really consistent and really good, and he could be a key arm come October. Dave has said that he feels confident in him in a role come the postseason. And then you got Jack Flaherty tomorrow, who's been really good with this team. I ask at this point the ace of this team. And then you've got Walker Buehler, who's moving in the right direction, but so a few things he wants to work on. So it'll be cool to see how also he yes postings experience, but how he rises the occasion as well. So I think this is going to be a fun, fun, crazy, exciting, nerve wracking few days.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun. Buckle up, Dodger fans, exciting three nights, Carson, We appreciate it. We will check in with you after the game. Dodger fans and hanserd listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD take you with you on the go, power by LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelino's La Care dot Org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deep into this pitching matchup. David Vesa goes one on one with Miguel row Hospital. I'm next, we'll get you an injury report. An we'll hear from the manager himself. Dave Roberts Dodgers Padres. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Katsu's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Tuesday night. As we can lead you up to first pitch from Dodgers Standio Dodgers and Padres Marago Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for good times. Landing neck on the maldive deepend of the pitching matchup. Coming up, first pitch at seven tens.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Well Gavin Stone placed on the sixty day IL, so he will not return for the postseason. Anthony Bonda trying to make his way back from the hairline fracture of the left hand. Clayton Kershaw not expected to throw the next couple of days, so that's a bit of a setback for him. Tyler Class now on the sixty day IL. Austin Barnes on the IL with the toe fracture. Injury report persid of b UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. All right, well, don't keep also keep an eye on Tony Gonsolin. Maybe he can come back and help out this Dodger team. He threw in Oklahoma City over the weekend. All right, let's tap back out to Dodger Stadium and checking with the Dodger skipper, Dave.
Speaker 9: Do you think the questions for Dave?
Speaker 10: Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Duve?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: David, I know, like the Angels know too when they called up Francisco Rodriguez in the month of September. There's been teams that have attempted to bring in like a secret weapon per se from the minor leagues. Do you feel like he has the potential to be that type of arm for you guys.
Speaker 10: You know that's that's uh, I certainly high regard when you're talking about Frankie Rodriguez and what he did for the Angels, and you know, certainly, uh, you know, unique in the sense of his impact as a rookie for that team making a playoff push. I don't know, I think that certainly. I know you're not comparing the pitchers, but it's too just a different skill set, so we'll see. I mean, it's a variance play. Get him in here, getting him in the big leagues and see how he looks, how he responds, and and go from there. But certainly he's he's certainly a weapon. He's secret in the sense I don't think anyone knows him outside of our organization, you know, as far as you know the major leagues. But it's going to be exciting to watch him make his debut, for sure.
Speaker 11: I feel like that's the advantage like they had. Nobody has really seen him or experienced.
Speaker 10: Those Yeah, absolutely, you know, I mean there's a lot of things in the big leagues where the advantage starts to come when or disadvantage if you look at the other way where people start to get familiarity with you and so so yeah, so to not know Edgardo is definitely a and a fit to him.
Speaker 4: You got to see him though, I mean a situation like that, don't you get kind of a rudey Mempherys Scotty reports.
Speaker 1: Gut you do.
Speaker 10: But but it's still different than for major league hitters to be in the box and experience, you know, what the velocity looks like or feels like, or what the breaking bought hout plays.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down on the dugout and talk about the roster moves. Brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right, and he's got a plan before his teams the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with the David mass can lead out to First Bitch Dodgers and Padres on this Tuesday night. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kason's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padre is the start of a three big game series. Dodger Stadius coming up, landing Neck Michael King, the pitching match up, the umpiring crew for tonight's game. Brought to you by Fred Loya Insurance celebrating fifty years providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers One.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, dv've been talking about this series really for the last couple of days, got more intents in the last twenty four hours, certainly today, the city buzzing about this Dodgers Padres series.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Here at Dodgers Stadium, Tim, it is a playoff like atmosphere. What makes it feel that way is the fans getting here early, a lot of fans and both pavilions for batting practice. Fernando Tatist Junior really putting on a show in no regard for life, hitting up balls to the top of both pavilions today during batting practice, the media is lining up the infield warning tracks, the press box is filled with media like you would have for a playoff series, and the Padres and Dodgers are focused like they would be for a postseason series as well.
Speaker 9: So it has all.
Speaker 12: The makings of really a great three game series. I think what it comes down to, though, is who is going to pitch better. That's the starting pitching for the Dodgers has been very inconsistent, to say the least. If they get good starting pitching in this series, they will have a very good chance of clinching the NLST.
Speaker 2: David's Driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, its choices, fine yours of the Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric toughness mark can only be called F one fifty. The Dodgers made it known today Gavin Stone not going to be back placed on the sixty day il Ben Caspariskus option back to Triple A, and they bring up one of their young hard thrown right handers.
Speaker 12: Yeah, this young man that the pot that the Dodgers called up has really kept the Dodger organization buzzing. At Gardo and Riquez, I first saw it a Gardo and Riquez in the backfields at Camelback Ranch this spring training, and he was coming off Tommy John surgery, and that's really why you haven't heard of him. But as he worked his way through the minor league system this year, more and more buzz about this young man that throws upwards of one hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 2: Also has a slider.
Speaker 12: I've been told by those that have scouted him evaluated him.
Speaker 9: The fastball is real.
Speaker 12: He may be here a touch early, but out of necessity the Dodgers have called him up, and the advantage of having him here his major league hitters have not gotten to see that fastball. His slider, from what I understand, is still a work in progress. But I got to meet this young man earlier today. Does not really speak English. I used my Spanglish to be able to communicate with h. So he's mi nuevo amigo here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Now I'm with you in showy Otani, David, playoffs start.
Speaker 12: Tonight for him, without a doubt. Dave Roberts was quoted in a story this morning that he says he has the chief code for show hey Otani in the postseason and that's to understand teams are not going to pitch to him and he cannot chase. Talking to Ron Darling, who's here for TBS, he said that's the biggest difference between Bonds and Otani.
Speaker 2: Bonds was willing to take the walk.
Speaker 12: O'tani wants to hit, but he's got to resist that temptation. If there are not going to be pitches in the strike zone, he's got to pass the baton to Mookie Bets and Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 2: All right, Dave Gray, stuffill check back you with you in just a little bit. Dodger fans, this is the last week to win Freddy Freeman's autograph Jersey. Sign up for your chance to win a clean la dot com Just take a survey sharing what you've learned from recycling beverage containers. That's cleanla dot Com for a chance to win a Freddie Freeman autograph Jersey. All right, coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Miguel Rojas. Will dive deeper in this pitching matchup, but I'm next to your Dodgers magical moment, Dodgers padres first pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kayson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres on this Tuesday night, landing Neck Michael King the viitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seventen.
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 11: Who wants?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment Bitch Magical Phone presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back ten years September twenty fourth, twenty fourteen, Dodgers playing host to the San Francisco Giants. When the Dodgers would clench the division.
Speaker 13: Wilson set the one to one to the left handed hitting Blanco, brown ball right side. Barney timing stop throws him out, and the Dodgers have won the National League Western Division title.
Speaker 1: It began six.
Speaker 13: Months, two days and ten thousand miles ago when Clayton Kershaw won his first game. Tonight, the Dodgers win their ninety first Clayton Kershaw wins his twenty first, and the Dodgers have won their second consecutive National League Western Division title. They route the Giants sedite nine to one. Fireworks exploding half beyond the center field wall. The Dodgers all over themselves in the middle of the infield. Let the bubble machine begin.
Speaker 2: Let the bubble machine flow as the Dodgers beat the Giants. On that September twenty fourth, ninth, twenty fourteen, Dodgers win in nine to four. Clayton Kershell by the way, win eight innings and struck out eleven. This offeymatchical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs, a so Cal treasure for over one hundred years. Visiting hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase crave Ilicious Hoffe hot Dogs. Continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check you out. Rick mondays, We're leading up to first pitch. Dodgers and Padres. It's a big one in l Wes. On the line. I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 9: On your network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 2: On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres starting a three game series to see who will win the NL West. Dodgers magic number is four with six to go, landing that Michael King the pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zinch hand crafted Sushi made fresh daily on side, pickup delicious Sushi before the game and Ralph's another local Supermarcus near the deli counter.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David bassaying, here's la Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Rick.
Speaker 12: Tonight is the night. I know you and Steven have already touched upon it, but it is the Dodgers and Padres fighting it out for the NLS.
Speaker 7: Tonight is one of the knights and something we'll be talking about. I thought it was interesting that did Dave Roberts. Addressing the medium a little bit earlier today, he was asked some questions about this series and there's no question, I mean, this is this isn't just pre playoffs. This is kind of a playoffs that we have here, and Dave Roberts said, look, one of the things that he needs his team to come out and do. It's very similar to his message Thursday night in Miami before they came back home after the game, when they proposed the toast. He goes, hey, look, stay focused and we need to be very intense about what we're going to be doing and that's kind of what he said today. He said vigor. They're going to fight and they'll have intensity, and at the other side is going to do the same thing. The Pondres Podres are coming in, David feeling very good about themselves, and for good reason. They're writing a very high right now. They won eight of the last nine games. They've closed the gap. You know, it wasn't that long ago. Didn't seem that long ago the Dodgers had a nine game lead in the Western Division.
Speaker 3: Well, now it's.
Speaker 7: A different story. It's three three big games coming up here and still some big games possibly this weekend and most likely that take place when the Dodgers go to Denver.
Speaker 12: Rick, don't you feel like it's important for the Dodgers to score first. It feels like a lot lately the Dodgers have been playing from behind.
Speaker 7: I think in the best case scenario, yes, I think you can make that case for both of these teams to try and score early and make a point. However, I think both of these teams obviously they're here in this position because they can overcome a deficit, a come from behind. So you know, I'll guarantee you one thing. Whichever team scores first tonight, the other team's not going to go home.
Speaker 12: Yeah that's for sure.
Speaker 7: And yeah, they're not going to give things up this. I look for this to be a battle, and for a very good reason. This is a precursor. Just about everyone has been in postseason play except for the guy that leads off for the Dodgers, that being show Hey O Tawi. Can the lights get any brighter than what they have been with him all year long and now, especially if you look at the last number of weeks and what he's done and how he has done, it has been off the charts. But there's eight of the guys in the lineup that also have to come through. And one area the Dodgers really need to improve upon, their defense has not been sparkling. If you look at the last week and a half or two weeks, maybe even a longer period than.
Speaker 12: That, maybe that falls into the category of heightened focus.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, and I agree, And I thought Dave Roberts's message was very clear, it was very precise, and he also said, look, you look on the other side, San Diego Padres are a good team.
Speaker 2: Really good team.
Speaker 12: Forty wins Since the All Star break, Rick and I've been asked about this game for the last two days, and I've described this start for Landon Knack as the biggest start of him his life. How important is it for him not to be aware of where he is tonight?
Speaker 7: How many times have we talked about Nakam when we see him, he is not pit scared. He's never been in this spot before. I don't expect to be scared either. Some people may be saying, wait a minute, professional you get scared, Okay, how many people do something big, whether be standing up in front of a crowd, to have to be a public speaking maybe go somewhere else for an appearance, whatever it might be. If you get thrust in a spot, you don't let feeling, you get butterflies. Some people say, well, I got butterflies. Some people say, well, I'm just very anxious. Well, there's going to be a lot of that out here, and especially with those that have not gone through it before, it's a different animal, David. When you get down to this point in the season where two teams are going back and forth, Dodgers have clenched a playoff spot right the other team has it On the other side, Dodgers want to win the Western Division, so they don't have to worry about really different scenarios and take those extra days. The reason I believe is extra days are even more important for the Dodgers. You look at the injuries they've had and guys that are on maybe on the cusps, but coming back pitching wise, they're not ready yet. Could another four or five days make a difference. Possibly.
Speaker 12: I try not to allow life to get too fast on me, Rick. Hopefully the Dodgers don't let life get too fast tonight.
Speaker 7: And as we're finishing this, Hefe just walked in.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Jimi, Hareen didn't.
Speaker 7: I mean, Heren just walked in. So you know it's a big game, absolutely, and things are in good hands because himI is here.
Speaker 12: Okay, Rick, we'll send it back to the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, All right, thanks a lot, DV, Thank you, Mow. Dodgers fans. Start your future to California Community College financial aid. It's available to help with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill quickly, so enrolled today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on deck. We'll get you a preview this pitching matchup with Landon Mac making his start, Tim never itt Well, Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday will make the call tonight. I have you the keys of the game. But up next we go high and Tight with Miguel Rojas Dodgers Padres. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres starting a three game series. Landed Neck Michael King. The bitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Todgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at c h LA.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 12: It's the final six games of the regular season and we're joining right now by a man that has had a great regular season with the Dodgers, and that is the one and only Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 9: Mickey, thanks a lot for the timeppreciate it.
Speaker 14: Thank you, guys, and it's always a pleasure for me to talk to you a little bit about baseball.
Speaker 9: And well, it's actually happened right now.
Speaker 12: Yeah, right now it's Dodgers Padres. The streets of Los Angeles are buzzing right now about these two teams facing each other. What's the player's feelings about this series?
Speaker 9: Yeah, for us, he's a previous for the for the playoffs. You know, we know we already in it.
Speaker 14: But the goal is it remains the same, which is winning the division.
Speaker 9: And we know that that's that we have ahead.
Speaker 14: This team has been playing pretty good baseball ever since. Mate, I think, uh they're they're being really hot and playing really good baseball.
Speaker 9: So we gotta take it like like what what it is, you know, a pretty important series and we're ready for it.
Speaker 14: We've been playing really good baseball as well, and uh, Phil, it's gonna be a good match.
Speaker 9: Miguel.
Speaker 12: You know when the Padres play you, guys, going back to last year and even before you were back with the Dodgers, they seem to get emotionally high do you have to match that or do you just have to be or even keel selves.
Speaker 14: I don't really know, and it's really hard to tell you that we need to change our style of playing. You know, they have their own team there that they're pretty emotional and they do things their own way, and we do things a little.
Speaker 9: Bit different on this side.
Speaker 14: You know, like we can really switch the change that switch from from.
Speaker 9: One day to another.
Speaker 14: We're going to continue to be ourselves and count on the baseball that we've been playing. I feel like the atmosphere, the intensity and knowing that we're getting ready for the playoff, it's going to be what drivers during this series and knowing that this is just going to prepare us to what is coming next. And this is a great opportunity for us to feel what is like a playoff series right before the playoffs.
Speaker 9: I think that's why it's been missing with this team the.
Speaker 14: Last couple of years, because it's been like one way in September, you clinch early and then you kind of like roll through September winning some games in the regular season.
Speaker 9: It's never the same that in the playoffs.
Speaker 14: So for us right now to have this opportunity and the privilege of playing a three game series that matters. I think it's just gonna get us better for what is coming on October.
Speaker 12: I get asked the same questions that you get asked, but I'd love to hear from your perspective. How different does this September feel from a year ago? Oh, it feels a lot different.
Speaker 14: Last September, we were just trying to stay healthy, planning on how the five days we're gonna be. You know what we're gonna do in those five days. Right now, we're not thinking about that. We're thinking about putting our best team over there for nine innings and battle and fight for every single win.
Speaker 9: And it haven't been easy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 14: Even we play the Martins, we play the Rockies, and it haven't been like an easy game to win.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 14: It's always being like really close games until like maybe later that we s call a couple of rounds or whatever. But it's been like really intense, and I feel like that's gonna help us understanding that every little win that we can get in September is important because our most memory is going to remember that when we playing October, and we're going to have a little bit more of preparation going into what we want to do, which is going deep in the playoffs.
Speaker 12: Miguel Rojas is our guest. He's been one of the steading forces all season long, going back to spring training. When you look at this season and where you guys are at, are you in a good spot to win this division?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I mean this is all you can ask for, you know, I'm pretty sure if you ask all the other teams out there, twenty nine of them want to be in the position that the Doers are right now, best record in baseball. You can ask for anything else than that, you know, like, yeah, obviously we would like to have a better you know, like maybe more wings or whatever. But at the end of the day, we have the best record in baseball right now. So feel pretty good about that. Feel pretty good about kind of like everybody who has step in in the lineup when someone is down. You know, Mookie went down for five six weeks, Freddie was out for a couple of weeks. We got a couple guys that haven't been able to play like they used to, like every single game, and still we have the best record in baseball. A couple of pictures down I think that's that talks a lot about like the organization, the planning, uh, putting everybody on the right place, and obviously like, uh, we gotta count on our big boy.
Speaker 9: You know, show has been He's been amazing for us.
Speaker 14: The Oscar has been like every single day out there, Uh, wheel behind the place is being like every single day that he got to start, he's there.
Speaker 9: So we got a couple of guys.
Speaker 14: That we kind of like being relying on because they've been there every single day. And I just feel happy that I'm part of the of this group.
Speaker 9: Miguel, You've been such a big part of this team.
Speaker 12: Next time we talk, I plan on you being full wet, full of champagne.
Speaker 9: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 14: I'm planning on it too, and I mean, I mean you have to drink big. And hopefully that's the first one of a couple more that we're gonna do during October.
Speaker 9: No doubt.
Speaker 12: Best attitude right there. Set the tone for the Dodgers today, Miguel Rojas. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Team tone center, Miguel Rojas. That is him, all right. Dodgers Baseball brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcasts. When it's game night, it's group night, it's shakys dot Com. We're leading you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Padres from the Ravine up next, all time deeper in this pitching matchup. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Padres on this Tuesday night start of a three game series for the Fight for the NL West. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Present about yourself. The California Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma. See your Toyota Dealer today. They make it easy. Michael King on the Mountain twelve and nine three to four ERA, twenty nine year old right hitter made his major league debut in twenty nineteen with the Yankees, pitch primary as a reliever. Some starts with the Yankees traded to the Padres before this season. Making his thirtieth start last time out, seven innings, two runs, five hit, seven strikeouts in a no decision against the Astros on the road this year, seven and four with a two to sixty ERA is one of his last four roads starts. Making his third start against the Dodgers this year's but up and down April fifth start at Dodgers Stadium, he got rocked for four home runs seven runs on six hits, and the start against the Dodgers at Peco Park back in May, seven shutout innings, remember eleven strikeouts He went toe to toe that night against Tyler Glass now landing neck on the mound three and fourth to three thirty nine ERA. They need this twenty seven year old right hander to be good tonight. Raise his hands, stand up, let's go. Former second round pick in twenty twenty, making his major League debut back on April seventeenth against the Nationals. Making his twelve start this year, last time out, five shutout innings, two hit, seven strikeouts on a win over the Marlins That was last week in Miami. This is his first time ever pitching against the Padres Dodgers and Padres. Here we go. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch to start this this three game set for the NL West Dodgers magic number is four. Keys of the game are next. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack On, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres starting a three game series, final series of the regular season at home for the Blue landon Act Michael kingdpitching matchup. Dodger fans en Hans. You're listening and experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos lacare dot Org. All right back out to the booth, Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 6: Thank you TC. The pitching matchups for this series. Tonight landon Neck against Michael King, Tomorrow Dylan sees against Jack Flaherty and then in the finale Joe Muskrove for San Diego and the Dodgers will have Walker Buehler. How do you feel about these three pitching matchups?
Speaker 7: I think the Dodgers have the work cutout for them, as it should be from a standpoint, And I say that because the Dodgers starting pitching staff has been the innings challenged if it will mainly because of injuries, no question about that. And for landon Nac tonight, I mean he's making his twelve start. He's made a couple of relief appearances also, But for landon Nac, I mean, he has never shown any semblance of being scared on the mound. And this is the biggest game that he has pitched to this particular point in his career. He's given up just the two h nine batting average against. He been better with runners in scoring position. Hopefully he doesn't have a whole lot of runners that are in scoring position.
Speaker 6: Something that we've talked about with landon Ac throughout this year is how he has kind of been disregarded. I would say the entire year, zero expectations for landon Ac. Right now, he's not going to be in the picture. He's not going to be in the picture. But every time he's been on the big league roster, he on the whole he has performed fine large and here he is now he has an opportunity to pitch himself into the postseason rotation. Well, I want to get your take on this. He's a reverse splitz guy. He has done better against left handed hitters than he has against righties. The Padres, their big three boppers are all reverse splitz right handed batters, Tatis, Machado, Bogarts. They all hit righty's better than they do lefties. So do those numbers mean anything to do they carry any significance.
Speaker 7: They have in the past, and it shows tendencies. The other part, too, is the Dodgers on that side, the flip side. The Dodger hitters have to figure out how they're going to work to Michael King. Now they've already seen him four games, including two.
Speaker 1: Starts this year.
Speaker 7: King is one of those guys that wants you to expand the strike zone. He has an excellent changeup. He throws it often and he starts hitters off with it on a very high percentage of time. The Dodgers need to be very discerning as far as the pitches they're going to swing at tonight.
Speaker 6: Michael King against the Dodger lineup. Mookie Betts. He's homered in back to back games. He's now up to nineteen on the season, his very first home run of the season against Michael King. It's the Dodgers and Padres, the Nation League us on the line, Tim. We can't wait for it to get going.
Speaker 2: It is a big one. It's the first of three Dodgers and Padres. A capacity crowd expected all series long. The Dodgers start the night three games up on San Diego in the division. The magic number is four with six to play, but because of the head the head meetings, really a win counts as two against San Diego. Dodgers ninety three and sixty three, best record in all of baseball. They love nothing more than to clinch the division sometime during this weekend. A week series against the Padres. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedycash dot commerce. Stop in LA Area Speedy Cash Store. Who's ready, Dodger fans? Are you ready? Let's go? First pitches? Next Dodgers Padres enjoyed. I'm Tim Kates has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm a Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network