Speaker 1: Thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast. Don't forget. You can get the home game version of Initials at Initials Game dot Com. Versions four and five available. You can get autographed versions, t shirts and more at Initials Game dot com. And you can get information about Initials Game Live at Initials Game live dot com. You can play Initials all over town, bars, breweries, restaurants. Find out the locations and times at Initials Game live dot com. Again, thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast. All Things Initials available at Initials Game dot com. All right, Chris is in vacation mode because he booked a last second safter a Las Vegas, Nevada. Sorry are you focusing off? Not on Brian Adams in Vegas? To do well at Initials.
Speaker 2: Hey, sometimes I'm better when I'm loose.
Speaker 1: And when you have, you know, three days of next week, you got nothing to lose, Right, you get the main the week finally here but Guanza.
Speaker 3: Or whatever, it's Mike for Guonzo. All right, let's do this well. The Power Trip welcomes you to Initials Game five sixty four, presented by hurl Bird Heating and Plumbing.
Speaker 1: Yeah sixty four, five hundred and sixty four games thanks to Hurlbirds.
Speaker 2: It's been five hundred and sixty four.
Speaker 3: Games, five sixty four.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, but man, that's a lot.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: We were just talking to Aleca about it during the break. It's like eleven ish something years. I told you guys, I told them, Chris.
Speaker 5: I mean, I got like six texts yesterday when when people heard it was it was like, finally.
Speaker 1: After all, after all my work with the athletic.
Speaker 3: For the Friday football teas, after all, Yeah.
Speaker 5: The Buffalo Wow Wing's trips to Roseville.
Speaker 3: This is the one.
Speaker 1: Next time you see Chad Abbott, just say the most important thing you've ever done on cafe and his initials.
Speaker 3: He loves when people say are yeah. He agrees.
Speaker 2: Herbert Heating and Plumbing keeping homes comfortable for over sixty five years. New customers get a forty nine dollars furnace teed up and safety check, and for a little bit of time, get a free carbon monoxide detector CAROS six one two, two hundred and twenty one twenty today or schedule online at Hurlbert HP dot com. That's Hurlbert HP dot com.
Speaker 1: Use them. Last fall, the dude was super nice, super helpful, sweet, awesome people. So Herlbert highly highly recommended. All right, let's go around the room and meet the competitors and see what we're playing for. Sauce all time points leader, all time wins leader.
Speaker 3: Uh did you win last week?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 4: No hogs yet?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: You you won with did you want jasas?
Speaker 1: With Bernard?
Speaker 3: You win in the last couple of weeks? When did you win ag double?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Of course last week? Saw what happens if you win this week?
Speaker 4: I am sponsored by my amazing friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza. Seventh Avenue Pizzas on sale now at all Coburn's cash Wise and Marketplace Foods locations for six ninety nine. If I win today, tweet me and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday, and one of you could win one hundred dollars to restock your freezer with Seventh Avenue paints.
Speaker 1: Chris has got to catch a flight to Vegas, but before he does, he's going to try to win game five sixty four.
Speaker 3: What happens if you win today?
Speaker 1: Christopher?
Speaker 2: I am always sponsored by my friends at Radcombe and radco dot com. If I win, you get tempercent off your entire order now through Monday and store online a radco dot com when you use a promo code initials. Discount doesn't play the toppers, but thank you Radco. Radcoat dot Com promo code initials through Monday night.
Speaker 1: All right, Mark Parrish is a free agent, agame we need to get him a sponsor. The dude wins all the time. If you're somebody that wants to sponsor Mark Parrish on Fridays. Parish is a nice guy. Let the boy have a sponsor.
Speaker 4: Ye right?
Speaker 1: And Alec, let me let me tell you if you need help fund in a press box. I'm your guy.
Speaker 3: I need help.
Speaker 1: You spent a lot of time there. Uh, Alec is playing for Marny, So what happens if Alec wins again?
Speaker 3: I got skipped again?
Speaker 1: They have more faith in a rookie every single time I get skipped.
Speaker 2: Alex is a sponsored today by our great friends at Great Clips. And if he wins, tweet at Marnie Gilliner and tag at Great Clips through the end of Sunday and one lucky one who's gonna win free hair cuts for a year.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. If you completely suck in your debut and you get shut out or you really struggle.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of ways you can practice.
Speaker 1: One is by the home game version at Initialsgame dot Com. Version four is still available because the rest of them are sold up, but four still available on the website. Six is right around the corner. And then also Initials Game Live dot Com. We have three more locations added this week. We're up to like forty with something like fifteen more in the next month and a half. So you can go play at the breweries and bars all over the Upper Midwest, five different states I think now Initials Game Live dot Com. I've done it a couple of times. It's awesome. It's the best, right, it's super fesome. I didn't know you were so good. He's very good. I'm good at bat. Yeah no, that's a good start. Yep. Not talking all right?
Speaker 3: Before we play game five sixty four.
Speaker 1: One of you might change your life this morning on the Power Trade Morning Show by winning eighty six thousand dollars the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials Jackpot.
Speaker 2: That's right, Say Paul. Federal Credit Union Initials Jackpot is currently in eighty six thousand dollars. You're looking at my new car, save money to Kurt Carloan. Do it with Sat Paul Federal Credit Union now Fank Carlin rates is low at six point two nine percent applied today. It is Saint Paul FCU dot org slash camfan federally insured by the NCUA.
Speaker 3: Pretty sweet, Alec. Yeah you're not eligible, but yeah, somebody is. Eighty six thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be nice? All they have to do is tell me to write two initials I'm about to use in the right spot. If they get one in the right spot, they win two hundred and fifty bucks. Which happened last week.
Speaker 3: She guessed D.
Speaker 1: She guessed DL and it was DD and she won two hundred and fifty bucks. But if you get bold letters in the right spot, then Saint Paul Federal Credit Union gives you this progressive jackpot. It goes up five hundred dollars every week. We're up to an all time record of eighty six thousand dollars. It's gone off twice. Let's see if today's number three. Good morning, What is your name and where are you from? Hey, Corey, this is Chase from Cottage.
Speaker 3: Girl Chase from Kai, Hi, Chase, what's up man? How are you? I'm doing good? How are you guys doing all right? Good?
Speaker 1: So, as we say all the time, Chase, the hardest part about winning is truly, mathematically, is just getting through. You've already done that because you're the one that gets to guess. Do you have a set of letters that you've been waiting for a couple of years to guess, a couple of months to guess what's your strategy today?
Speaker 3: What are you guessing?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Up until you us double D last week, we're gonna go for my my good buddy b D. But we're gonna switch it up this week and we're gonna go s P. Second letter is what P is in?
Speaker 3: Like Paul?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: S S and Sierra P isn't.
Speaker 7: Paul s p?
Speaker 1: Okay, So Chase and Cottage Grove is going s P. You said it was for one of your buddies. I was gonna go b D for my good buddy Nick. But yeah, I sent you used double D last week as decided we'll switch it up. Got it? Woul?
Speaker 3: Did you go in for Nick?
Speaker 5: No, it's it's a nickname for him.
Speaker 1: I cannot explain it off, air guy, start it to the airport. All right, So Chase is going SP. If he has one right, he wins two hundred and fifty bucks. If he has him both right, he's the third jackpot winner, and he wins eighty six thousand dollars. Chase is guessing SP. Does he have at least one right? And is he alive for eighty six thousand dollars? No? No, sorry, sorrybody. And here's what sucks is last week's double initials scared him off of going double initials again. Now, BB wouldn't have won him any money, but this week we have double initials. Here's my ten second boring story. But stay with me for a second. You know every Friday, now, Hurlbert, you can go on social media and you can put five guesses out there. Everybody can do this and if you get it right, you win one hundred dollars. Somebody gets one hundred dollars car Visa gift card thanks to Hurlbert, which is pretty cool. I saw our guy Carl this morning. He passed away guess it correctly. And about two months ago, remember when Carl came in and watched the show, He walked in and I go Carl, what are the initials today?
Speaker 3: And he goes, didn't even hesitate, like he had him locked and loaded.
Speaker 1: He goes, r R. Well, r R was one of the ten that I had done. I don't know what it is about Carl where he just knows what I have in the hopper. R R the initials today. I saw him guess him on Twitter this morning should have been JJ. He guessed it two months ago. We're at this point where like we just need Carl on the phone and the person who gets through can use him as a phone, a friend.
Speaker 2: His lifeline. Yeah, I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Guess SP, but I want to see what Carl wants first, and then Carl today he might have said go with r R and he would have won somebody eighty six thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Carl just knows.
Speaker 1: Man. All right, lets double R for game five sixty four. Yell out your name, Your name is your buzzer.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Alec number one of Double R.
Speaker 8: Clue number one.
Speaker 1: Appeared in six to nine minute Windows.
Speaker 8: Clue number two.
Speaker 3: Known for evasion ALEC go for it, Roadrunner.
Speaker 6: That's right, Yeah, I was going on the board.
Speaker 3: Nice job already Monday off the bat. It's over. Yeah, it's nothing.
Speaker 5: It's all gravy and KOs job.
Speaker 6: Sorry, sorry, Kevin alec lewis on the board with Runner, Yes, the roller Runner cartoon characters. Two words and you can't hesitate you went for nice work, Alex pretty good. Alec leeds one rip. Here's number two of double R. Clue number one associated with Cadbury. Clue number two, debuted.
Speaker 1: In nineteen fifty three, Clue number three. The first four letters in both words are identical.
Speaker 8: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: His father was an industrialist. Huk yep, Richie Rich. That's right, nice Richie Rich. Cadbury is his butler.
Speaker 2: That's right, O man. I was thinking of chacolate.
Speaker 1: It that I could get you guys thinking candy and sugar quickly and get you off the send. Richie Rich gets Chris on the board. Alec has one. Chris has one.
Speaker 6: Here is number three of double R. Clue number one associated with tweets Clue number two.
Speaker 1: The first word ends with an apostrophe.
Speaker 8: Clue number three.
Speaker 1: This is now in the public domain.
Speaker 3: Go for it.
Speaker 9: Rock and Robin god Rock, He's got He's good for you, He's good for you.
Speaker 3: Summer US six.
Speaker 1: What if he sings rock and Robin tonight at the wind to the public domain. You can do whatever you want. Chris leads two to one the athletically. Here's number four of double R.
Speaker 8: Clue number one.
Speaker 1: Its name came as a reaction to the Great Depression.
Speaker 8: Clue number two.
Speaker 6: This is a combination of things. Clue number three is mostly brown. Clue number four created by William Dryer.
Speaker 1: Hawk Yep, rocky road.
Speaker 3: That's right, Rocky road. Good for you.
Speaker 1: And that's three straight rocky right guy? You know, good guys.
Speaker 2: It's a good guy.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: What I thought he was having a fix? He's doing I thought he fell nice job, hogs. Here's number one boy five of double R. Chris leeds three to one. Clue number one, sometimes associated with water. Clue number two is divided into segments. Clue number three features exchanges. Clue number four is competitive mark yep.
Speaker 3: This time.
Speaker 1: Railroad. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think that's one word.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's parish out for the rest of number five are down to Alec Hawke and sauce. Clue number five features more than one person final clue Clue number six.
Speaker 1: Most commonly connected to running. These include batons yet five or three running Rally. Chris has four straight in his running Away with this dude, here's you know. We said earlier that if Chris does this last second trip to Vegas, he's going to be sitting in Vegas last night or tonight watching Brian Adams going why don't I do this all the time? If he dominates and winsday, he's going to Vegas every Friday. Chris has four.
Speaker 2: Like Nicholas Cage and leaving Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: He almost had road Runner, but he thought it was one. When all right, here's number six. Chris has four. Alex Lewis has one, number six of double r By the way, listen to this first clue very closely. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 6: Clue number one famously mispronounced because of the spelling. Clue number two is the first of four. Clue number three.
Speaker 1: The front is black and white and features a silhouette.
Speaker 8: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: At one point was available at McDonald's. A clue number five you can land on it.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 8: Clue number six.
Speaker 1: Named after a city in Pennsylvania. This can be yep reading railroad. Okay, good, thank god, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, thank god.
Speaker 1: Clue number six named after a city in Pennsylvania. This can be purchased for two hundred dollars in the classic board game Monopoly.
Speaker 3: Five or three.
Speaker 1: Or three railroad? Has that already been letting Parisher saw us five or I'm three two one?
Speaker 2: You're going to say it's reading rail.
Speaker 1: So it is reading railroad. So that's that's the first clue about it being famously mispronounced. I've always thought it was reading railroad. I guess it is technically reading railroad. Wow, So I feel bad buzzing you because I always thought it was reading railroad. I did up until right now. That's a that's a really tricky one. How do we feel about that? Because that is technically reading railroad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. That's a tough one.
Speaker 1: I've never heard it pronounced.
Speaker 3: Though, same.
Speaker 1: I wonder if the only people that call it reading railroad or from Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Is a reading Pennsylvania spell with two d's.
Speaker 1: Are are.
Speaker 2: I have from the day he's on a game going here, it's R E A D I N G.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I have always called it reading railroad, always, always, always gets crazy.
Speaker 3: Reading is what we exactly. No one said take a ride on the reading.
Speaker 1: Chris learned something, you had it.
Speaker 3: Chris leads four to one.
Speaker 1: We're at the halfway point still everybody mathematically, and it's despite Chris's dominance in the first half so far.
Speaker 6: Here's number seven of double R. Clue number one has degrees. Clue number two.
Speaker 3: You don't want this.
Speaker 8: Clue number three.
Speaker 3: Often a result of great speeds.
Speaker 1: Mark, go for it.
Speaker 3: Road rash.
Speaker 6: Good one is a road rash, road rash.
Speaker 1: Well done, good job, all right. Paris is on the board.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: Five to go, Chris, you have four. Alec and Parish each have one sauceet to city smoked in here. At least you have one. It's not over yet though for anybody. Here's number eight of double R. Clue number one connected to the Beatles. August twenty sixth, nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 8: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Gary Hart announced his campaign for presidency here.
Speaker 8: Clue number three.
Speaker 1: Does not always require a ticket.
Speaker 8: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: In August of twenty twenty two, Matt Stone and Trey Parker performed here.
Speaker 3: Paul Mark Paul was first Red Rocks. That's what dang, it's good sauce.
Speaker 1: That is rocks all right, here's the old situation though, Chris, there's only four left and you have a three point lead if you get any of the remaining four just one of the last four year the winner, but everybody else is mathematically in here. Here is number nine. Chris is going for your win. It's pretty early to win on nine, Yes, Chris, expressive to say, here's number nine, Chris going for the win.
Speaker 3: Double r.
Speaker 6: Clue number one often features loud music. Clue number two features some kind of a barrier. Clue number three.
Speaker 1: Found popularity mid twentieth century.
Speaker 8: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: In a sense, features a continuous loop. Paul yep roller rink. That's right, Oh my, there's a roller rank in size, stays in this size, and you technically keep everybody else alive as well. All right, free to go, Chris. Situation exactly the same still for you. If you get any of the remaining three year the winner sauce, you're just two back now with three to go, Parish or Alec. You need to run the table to tie, to force a tieregular it's not impossible, though we've seen it.
Speaker 5: You can get just thinking, hey, you got the first one.
Speaker 3: I'm just strugg all right, Chris going for the win.
Speaker 6: Here is number ten of double R Clue number one, debuted in nineteen sixty eight. Clue number two often includes an abundance of violence.
Speaker 3: Alec, Yeah, Robert Redford? What he quite a temper?
Speaker 1: Story?
Speaker 3: Had the temper? Hey? Why not? Right?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: Why not? All right?
Speaker 1: Alex out for the rest of number ten.
Speaker 8: Clue number three.
Speaker 3: In theory doesn't involve kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: Can include adult acts or nudity.
Speaker 8: Clue number five.
Speaker 3: Often features strong language.
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 8: Final clue Clue number six.
Speaker 3: This is a guideline. This is a stupid guess our rating, let me finish Clue six.
Speaker 1: Clue number six This is a guideline found in the film industry five four three two one.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think I give you it's going to be rated.
Speaker 3: It's rated R all rating.
Speaker 8: I mean that's because I want to know.
Speaker 1: The phrases rated off. That's correct. Yeah, a couple of controversial ones today. It's not a bad guess it just you said it weird. For eleven, The Beetles of the Beatles are rap rock all right, So Chris now, Alec and parish are mathematically eliminated. Sauce, you need both of the remaining two guys. If anybody but Sauce gets this, come on, we have a winner.
Speaker 2: You guys can do it.
Speaker 3: Let's go Chris.
Speaker 1: Going for the wind. Sauce needs the last two to tie. Here's number eleven of double R. Clue number one can include violence.
Speaker 8: Clue number two.
Speaker 6: Associated with aggression. Paul Yep road rage. It is good guess.
Speaker 1: Sauce out for the rest of eleven, which means Chris does not.
Speaker 3: Christ John for Chris.
Speaker 1: Make it a week get away running up. Now Here's the rest of number eleven.
Speaker 8: Clue number three.
Speaker 1: Features outbursts Mark Yep royal rumble.
Speaker 3: That's a good guest that was in my mind for one of them. So we're down to alec Chris, come on, you got this.
Speaker 1: Number four can be threatening, feature irritability and hostility.
Speaker 6: Clue number five involves hormone levels.
Speaker 8: Clue Clue number six.
Speaker 1: Athletes, bodybuilders, and weightlifters might experience this Yep d.
Speaker 3: Nice old rage.
Speaker 1: That is the other kind of rage, that is steroid rage or roid rage. A couple of guesses that were on the right path. Chris wins with five, but just for fun, here's number twelve of double R number one known for flexibility. Clue number two commonly roll alec YEP range rover.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a range.
Speaker 3: They roll wheels. I thought I had it to No, not bad.
Speaker 6: Clue number three often way above most people's heads.
Speaker 8: Clue number four can open Clue number five.
Speaker 1: These can cost one hundred million dollars or way more.
Speaker 3: Oh h, Paul yep retractable roofs. Nail job, nail very good, Chris, nice job. Vegas mentality gets it done with.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's right, my friends of Radco. Gonna reward you just go to radco dot com or in store all week and long through Monday night and mid now you get ten percent off using the promo code initials too in a row, all right, thank you, two in a row for Radco.
Speaker 1: And whether it's controversial or not, we learned today that it's technically not reading railroad, which I don't think I knew that until I did these clues like two months ago.
Speaker 2: I had no idea until today.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Same, which makes sense right because all of the uh, the properties, all that stuff is Atlantic City based, so all the railroads are actual like it lines out of Atlantic City or that area. Yeah, that goes out, goes to reading.
Speaker 3: Chris. That was impressive. Thank you job.
Speaker 2: I was on fire.
Speaker 3: Were on fire?
Speaker 2: You were, didn't you guys last week too? When I get one wrong, he just shuts me down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: It's like that. That's what happened today.
Speaker 1: Called going on tilt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went on tilt. Yeah, get a hotel at the wind. You just won.
Speaker 2: I'm a winner.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, I mean, just so you guys know, I'll just say it and get it out there. My plane flips upside down. I loved you.
Speaker 3: I'm just unbelievable doing.
Speaker 2: What I loved.
Speaker 3: If he doesn't come back, don't go looking for.
Speaker 1: That's right, right, actually, actually, hang on. You know, I always say that there's only a couple of people that have ever died doing what they love, and it's really Michael Hutchins and David Carriding, but everybody else. If you said, well, did Chris die doing what he loved? I'd say, well, he was upside down watching romantic comedies. Yeah, I mean that's pretty close. The actual plane crash would not be what he loved doing but the rest of it's very close.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to say, but it's like I've gotten so good when I'm with p A, I just just let you get let him talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who knows, man, you're gonna be watching Hope floats when the plane goes love.
Speaker 3: Ten Ways to Lose a Guy.
Speaker 2: Well, you did a good job though, you feel good you didn't get shut out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, is a guy in ten days? Ten Ways to Lose a Guy is a movie like that?
Speaker 1: Though? I think you're thinking of A thousand Ways to Die in the West, which is that movie?
Speaker 3: A million ways?
Speaker 1: Is a million?
Speaker 3: Our numbers aren't good?
Speaker 1: So funny, Yeah that's the Yeah, all right, Alec, you got one. I think of us got a little optimistic that you were going to figure it out. Yeah, you got stuck on one. But again it's not zero. It's a start.
Speaker 5: Yeah, beat Kevin O'Connell. That was really coming in here. That was the priority.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, keep bringing that up and see how that goes for you see how much exclusive access?
Speaker 3: What did you keep going that?
Speaker 5: Why did I go over to Kevin Seafferty's Yeah that dumb question, but dumb question I felt.
Speaker 3: When I got road Runner. I'm thinking I might surprise this guys the limit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Ranger over I thought I had that was a good guest, rolls Richard Ramirez. Uh No, that is not the guy Zach found a track. No one would have been just like turned Zach on with his as Yeah.
Speaker 4: Zach once looked at his pictures in a lonely hotel room.
Speaker 2: That's the night to talk.
Speaker 1: Hey, the show before us, to the show two before Us, the Ben Mallord Show, they were, they were before he died.
Speaker 3: Before two Pros and a Cup of Joe.
Speaker 1: Before that show though, the Ben Mallord Show, they were talking about serial killers, and I don't know if you were listening, Sauce.
Speaker 3: One of them asked like.
Speaker 1: When was the last time we had a noteworthy serial killer? Because of Bundy and dom KTK was twenty years ago though, right? The Golden State Killer did all of his killing a long time ago, but was just caught a handful of years ago. I don't know, Cory Cove. I'm just saying, are we long overdue for a for a mount Rushmore kind of guy. It's too hard to do it.
Speaker 3: There's cameras everywhere, there's falling at Paris. They're out there. Oh yeah, yeah, one's probably listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but again, you can't just kill six or seven people. You gotta do it in a way that hasn't been done.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's listening because he's in the bathroom right now. He's getting ready to go on the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the guy that I'm referring to.
Speaker 6: Is nine to noon.
Speaker 1: A.
Speaker 3: Thanks for coming in, man, that was good. We will lead you at the Athletic. Yeah, and they can read.
Speaker 5: Michael Russo and John Kazinski and those guys are as good as it gets.
Speaker 1: So thanks for Hamio's blast. Yeah, we'll do it again sometime, all right, Alex Lewis of the Athletic, Chris is gonna go see Brian Adams in Vegas. He's back Thursday, We're back Monday by thirty nine.
Speaker 3: Nine to noon is next.
Speaker 1: I already have a wonder forty but love