Speaker 1: It is the Minnesota Goodbye Friday Edition and special edition because Bailey's on it.
Speaker 2: Also, that other guy that what's his name that's on our show. I think it's Steve Steeeeay.
Speaker 1: No VOD gets to be on it today because Davy is on vacation. So okay, first email, this is for Bailey.
Speaker 2: It's a hello.
Speaker 1: I was curious after listening to Bailey's had a vulnerability story from Tuesday's show. And if Bailey doesn't want to talk about it, you don't have to, but I think you'll be willing to. It says since your accident wanting to break up when he resigned the lease, was it awkward at first living with him like he was trying to make the relationship work, or acting like you were still dating and you were done with it, or it took a while to get used to your new dynamic. I can't imagine being in that situation of living with someone you've broken up with for another full year. I love everyone on the show, but Bailey, I think you're a great addition and bring a fun and quirky personality that I really enjoy listening to. And this is from Rachel, So thanks, you want to talk about it. Yeah, so it was really weird.
Speaker 3: So when we when, well, essentially I broke up with him because if there is any issue or conflict at all in our entire relationship, he would never bring it up. So I would have to bring it up, and he'd always get super defensive if I brought up any kind of conflict to the point where I stopped bringing things up. And so when I said I wanted to break up, he said he didn't want to. He was like, no, I don't want to, and I said no, I really do. He's like, well, we can make it work, like we can both like change and for the better or whatever, because all of the issues I was bringing up, Like He's like, well, we can change, and I said I don't think so, and he's like, well, let me let me like show like I can change, Like we can make at work. Not necessarily I can change. I don't think he ever really said I will change. He just said we can make this work. And I remember saying, like, whatever you do, I can't guarantee that my resolve will be any different, because I was like I had made up my mind and like I had talked to so many of my friends who had like helped me. Yes, I felt bad because he didn't have anyone to talk to about it. I say that like a lot because I do feel bad for him, but like I got to stop kind of like enabling his sort of behavior of like feel bad for me. I'm I'm just a little baby kind of thing. Yes, but it's really hard because I feel like that's what women do a lot. And so then after that, I mentioned in the Hat of Vulnerability that I went on a work trip, and so on the work trip, I thought he was going to be moving out, but like at that time, our lease was still like for another month, so I knew I would still have to live with him for at least another month. And then after my work trip, I came home. I was there for a day. He said nothing about like us breaking up at all. He said nothing about it, which was really really weird. And then he went on a trip for like a week, so then he was gone for a week, and then when he came back, said nothing about it.
Speaker 2: And I would just like stew on my long walks.
Speaker 3: I had like a note in my notes app that was just everything that I wanted to say to him, and I was just like waiting for the end of the lease because I was like, well, he's going to move out, because that's what I said to the landlord. And then he never moved out, okay, And it just kind of became like a weird game of Chicken of who was going to say something and no one ever said anything because I realized like that I'm an I was like a coward in this situation, Like I should have said something. I should have said something said. But it sucks when you're the only one who ever says anything and then every time you say something, they get super defensive. And I don't want like everyone and their mom to hate this guy, because I don't hate him. I mean, I have a lot of love for him, and like I thought we were going to get married, but a lot of the choices that he made, like especially within this last year, have really pissed me off.
Speaker 2: And so it's really like.
Speaker 3: It's easy to be done with it, but like, as he's packing stuff up right now, it's really hard to like be mourning the life that I thought I was going to have. Yeah, and I'm not going to have anymore. So yeah, No, it was really fucking weird. To answer your question, it was really.
Speaker 4: Weird, all right, No, it was really weird. I hated it.
Speaker 3: I hated it so much, and I hated going home This past year, I hated going home.
Speaker 1: And it's just like, I mean, I have been in some situations where I've had bed roommates where I've kind of been like that, but like to have to consistently go through that for a year in like this space that is supposed to be like the space that you like get to decompress, you get to relax, and for like a year, you're kind of like, oh, I don't want to go home. That is like so unfair to you. Yeah, it's insane. And I don't know. I have a friend who I'll keep the details vague. But they got divorced and they were like sitting at home one day after the divorce went through and her partner wasn't living with her anymore, and she was just like super sad thinking about it. And then she also thought about how it's no different though, than what it was when she was married to this person, and so she was like, why am I sad? This is the same thing I was doing when I was like still married to this person, you know, And now she has the freedom to do the things she did because essentially their their lives didn't end up aligning. She thought it was going to and she didn't, you know, they didn't come to realize that till after they were married. Yeah, so she also still has a lot of love for this person and she cares about them and thinks they're a good person. But like, in the end, it was better that they were just not together.
Speaker 2: Your friend and I have a lot in common week you talk.
Speaker 1: So I will just say, like I can imagine the range of emotions that you feel about it, because yeah, it's hard because you did care about this person and you saw this full life and now it's about to like drastically change.
Speaker 2: But it's a weird one. It's a weird one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well there's your answer, Rachel. And also, if you want to listen to Bailey's Hat of Vulnerability if you missed it, she did it on Tuesday, so September third, and it's in the seventh.
Speaker 2: Hour on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can listen to that if you missed that entire story. So, okay, here's the next email. Says I have event about recycling. I really wish we could have recycling pick up every single week? Am I the only one who has a full slash overflowing recycling bin because it only gets picked up every other week? With all of the bubbly cans my husband drinks the Amazon package cardboard milk, jug sauce, and soup cans, it ends up being so much recycling. Since recycling is supposed to be good, why can't we have it picked up every week? Honestly, our garbage can is only ever half full, so we could wait to have garbage picked up every other week. Anyway, wondering if anyone else is in our boat and would really love to have recycling picked up every week. Compost yard waists and garbage is picked up weekly, so odd that recycling is the one that isn't. I'll likely send an email to the city and ask if that's an option. Maybe I'm just clueless, and I don't know if this person wants us to say their name, so I won't say it. But I'm going to have a little bit of a hot take on this, and you might not like what I have to say. We don't have issues with recycling every two weeks. Every once in a while, sure like around Christmas, time, but I will say that you might have like too much waste and you might be doing too much online shopping if you're recycling, is that full constantly? Oh and I just personally we've called Dave out on this on the show before, so I don't I'm not like talking shit right now. And Susan get things on like like scheduled deliveries from Amazon, things like floss and like stuff you can go get from Target, which builds up so much waste. Yeah, And I just I try my best to only buy things online like that. I feel like I can only get online. I go to Target for most things that I would need that you can get I would never buy flows Amazon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like or I am guilty every once in a while of being like influenced for something that maybe Target might have, like this mosquito thing that's called Thermoicelle. Maybe they have that at Target, but I don't know. I saw it on Amazon and I love it. It's a mosquito repellent. So yes, that's something I bought on Amazon, and maybe I could have found it somewhere else.
Speaker 2: But I will say, maybe just.
Speaker 1: Look into some of the things you're buying and if you're able to not buy it online, so you don't have so much building up in your recycling. But also at the same time, maybe it differs with how many bubbly.
Speaker 2: Cans you said your husband try. Can you crush them? Yeah, I would crush them.
Speaker 3: That'd be a fun activity of smashing cans to take up less space.
Speaker 1: But do you guys have anything to say about recycling every week?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I know. I also have an apartment.
Speaker 3: I mean I have a lot of I feel the same way as this person, like I have a lot of recycling in general, but a lot of it is like cans of like diet coke, or like the boxes too, like a cereal and whatever. But it does like accumulate a lot. But then I'm just like, oh, I'm not breaking down things right enough so they take up less space.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I doubt you're fulling or throwing full boxes with the tape still on of Amazon boxes into the recycling bin. But if so, use some sage advice break those down to take them up less space.
Speaker 1: And I do want to say I understand that recycling is good and so like it can be reused in whatever, So I get where you're coming from. I'm not saying like it's awful that your garbage is like so full, but.
Speaker 2: Please can you recycling yet?
Speaker 1: But maybe try to consider if you're able to cut down some of the boxes that you get because you could buy them without having to order online.
Speaker 2: Maybe just maybe look into that.
Speaker 1: But I do also understand that recycling, like I feel like it just gets filled so much easier because it's big boxes or big whatever. Whereas garbage cans you can easily like smosh a lot of that stuff yeah down without having a like breakdown.
Speaker 2: So we all could be better at composting too, But that s oh, I know, I know. We had Okay, you don't know what composting is. Okay, we had a compost bin in our yard growing up.
Speaker 1: My mom still has it, and like anything goes into like eggshells, food scraps, yeah, like banana peels, stuff like that, and so we my mom would fill this bucket.
Speaker 2: It was so disgusting now that I looked back at it.
Speaker 1: It would sit on our counter and she'd fill it up, and then it was one of our chores, like hey, Jenny, go take the compost into the bin. Because we did have like a bigger backyard, so we had to like walk a little bit to the back to get to the composting bin. But my mom's also a landscaper, so she like tills that up and uses it for soil and stuff. So I grew up around having composts and doing all that stuff. But we just don't have that really in our yard. I don't need a smelly compost play in my yard.
Speaker 4: Is it shit that would go in a garbage diso? Essentially?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the most part.
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't put a banana piel and a garbage but it's just stuff that, yes, you could reuse it for like soil purposes and maybe biale. You can correct me if I'm wrong. There's probably other stuff you can use it for too, But.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I would say mostly like soil stuff, which now you say that, man, I should get a compost bin because I keep getting roasted on Instagram for my crappy soil for my garden.
Speaker 4: But I just whatever, people are coming for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like your soil sucks. And I was like, yeah, I know, it's.
Speaker 1: Why as I saying that, that's where I look at it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's because the soil does suck, and my garden's not doing so great this year. But in my defense, it did really great last year. It's just been raining so much this year that it doesn't do well. But my soil is crap because it's just random dirt that was on the side of my building. And I don't feel like paying damn enrich the soil.
Speaker 4: I st have enough time in my data analyze your soil on your Instagram store.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I should start composting.
Speaker 1: All right, we are going to get a little serious for one email here Vaunt. You weren't here, but yesterday we did talk on the Minnesota Goodbye about the awful tragedy that happened at Park Tavern and killed two people because the drunk driver drove into the patio And someone emailed and says, just chiming in, I did hear that the drunk driver that drove into the patrons at the Park Tavern did have a valid license. His last DWI was back in twenty fifteen. He has had his license revoked, suspended, slash suspended four or five times since the nineteen eighties. I agree he should have had his He should have had his license taken away. But after a second one, you get one. Okay, you get a second one, you are done. But like we said, I think we said this on the podcast, it's not going to stop someone, right Like, whether you have a license or not, it's not going to stop someone. And I don't know what the solution is. I think the solution is don't be a fucking idiot and don't risk taking someone's life and order a goddamn uber ruber.
Speaker 2: I just it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I get very upset about. I don't have a personal tie to this, obviously I don't. I've luckily never had anyone killed from a drunk driver or even injured. But it's just a disgusting thing when like you can leave your car somewhere if you accidentally ended up drinking too much and pay for an uber like I know that ubers can get to be expensive, but like, man, it's much better to maybe be in a little bit of debt than do what this fucking guy did. So okay, moving on, we're gonna keep it more light hearted. Now this looks like a press release, so we'll get that one. This one says, can Bailey please do a daily Bailey on what she ideally would like for her birthday now and maybe even back in the day, and then promote the birthday party could be fun if people bring her gifts to her party or send things to the station an idea. So we could do that on the Daily, Bailey. But if you want to speak about it on the podcast too, yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 4: That's a question about Charter real quick. I wanted to ask you this yesterday. Yeah, why did Mama Ronda and or your dad throw your sister Madison a birthday once? But not you?
Speaker 2: So my mom I don't think she listens to the Minnesota Goodbye.
Speaker 3: But like my mom said that we both got one birthday party and we got to choose when our birthday party was. And so my sister like, we each got one birthday party like in our childhood, and you had to choose when you wanted it. And she said, oh, Bailey never chose one, So that's why she never got one.
Speaker 2: But like, in my humble defense, I'm a child. Yeah, I'm a kid.
Speaker 3: How am I supposed to choose when to have it? And also like her telling us that because I think she said it to Dave on air at some point.
Speaker 2: Okay, when like her saying that was news to me.
Speaker 3: I don't remember having to choose my own birthday party, so clearly my sister chose it when she was eight, and I remember she invited like, I don't know, ten twelve girls, and my mom was pissed because she had told her she could invite like four or whatever, and so my sister invited a butt ton of girls.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we just it.
Speaker 3: Like at the time, it wasn't weird to me because I never considered having one, because no one ever threw me one. Like the closest I had to a birthday party was when I turned one and my family was around to watch me eat a cupcake.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, and that's kind of it.
Speaker 3: And like my parents were divorced and my mom had custody, so like my dad wouldn't throw me a birthday party either, because I probably wasn't at my dad's house on my birthday.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like we would just probably make a cake.
Speaker 3: Like me and my dad have birthdays one day apart from each other, so we'd just make two cakes and we would eat the cakes together. That's kind of like it, yeah, but yeah, it's I don't want to like poop on my mom because I love my mom's so much.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's why your birthday.
Speaker 4: So now my birthday sleep of demands.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I can start talking about it next week on Daily Bailey probably, But first of all, I don't need anything. You don't need to bring me anything that's really sweet because now I'm old now, like I'm in my thirties.
Speaker 2: The stuff that I want is like.
Speaker 3: Mid century modern furniture, and you're not going to go out and buy.
Speaker 2: That as soone brings a dresser, like, oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 3: It's such a beautiful, like atomic design.
Speaker 2: So no, I don't need anything.
Speaker 3: I consider it at one point in time it would be kind of cool to like buy gifts that you would buy for kids, and then I could donate all of them to like some kind of charity. That would be sort of fun. I don't know, I'm it's still like kind of new the whole idea that I'm having a birthday party in the first place, so like, I'm not sure exactly what it looks like, but I know that we're giving out like T shirts and stuff, so we're giving you gifts at my birthday party. Please come to my birthday party. I have a fear that.
Speaker 2: No one will be there. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So I know people will come, but like I don't want it to be like six people in a giant room that it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna be that. I promise people are gonna come out. We've been talking about having a birthday party for you since like before you were on the show, obviously like officially on the show, I should say. And I just think like people are hyped to get like give you this joy that you didn't like I guess you didn't get as a child. I don't even honestly remember. I think my parents threw me birthday parties when I was younger. I don't even remember anymore because I feel like I was so young. But yeah, birthday parties are just like a staple.
Speaker 2: Of I don't know, the childhood.
Speaker 1: But also, like you get to a point I think, like, Bailly, you'll be happy to have this, and maybe you'll be different than me, But like, I have no desire for anyone to celebrate my age anymore, because now I'm at a point where I'm like, nah, I kind of want to forget about my birthday.
Speaker 2: How old are you, Jenny, I'm thirty four.
Speaker 3: That nor Yes, Yeah, I gotta find the actual sound so I can play the sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, Bailey, we'll get into that on the Daily Bailey, but we got to wrap up the Minnesota goodbye. Thanks for your emails today, but send emails in Ryan Show at KDIWB dot com and Dave will be back on Monday.
Speaker 4: I'll talk to you in three years.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening.