Speaker 1: It's nice eyes, Dan Ray, I'm going crazy. Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, as I indicated, if you wanted to continue to talk about the Tanya Fernandez Anderson situation, You're more than welcome six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. We had some interesting calls last hour on that topic. A lot of emotion involved. Bill. You're always welcome to call Jack. You're always welcome to run whatever sociological theories you want. Uh. You you're a gentleman, so uh. And of course rashid needless to say. And all the callers are more than welcome So if you'd like to jump on board on that, fine, we can can we can continue on that. What I wanted to do was play today. There was an outburst earlier today when the individual who is now charged with the murder of Brian Thompson, Luigi Mangioni. A lot coming out on this guy, wealthy family in Maryland, turned out to be a stone cold killer. So when he was arrested yesterday, he apparently was fairly demure, I guess at one point when they asked him when he was spotted at the McDonald's in Altoona. I think all of you know the story by now, and whether he was spotted initially buy an employee or another customer. The employee, as I understand, that, called the local police department, who showed up. They could have looked at it and said, oh, sure, the guy's at McDonald's, and maybe they could have taken their time. They went down there fairly quickly. They checked him out and they said, hey, this looks like the guy, and they asked him, have you been to New York lately? And apparently the guy started to shake, which was a bit of a tell. Uh. He was charged with giving false information to a police officer that they went through his backpack, they found what they think might actually be the murder weapon. They found a manifesto, the clothes that he had were similar to what he had in New York, on and on and on. So today he was taken for a court hearing to court in Altoona, and all of a sudden, this guy, who we haven't heard a lot from, he's fighting and struggling. Most people when you see them being paraded in a court in handcuffs, and I couldn't tell if he was shackled at his ankles or not. But he he saw the media and he lit it up and he started yelling and screaming. This is going to be well. He clearly is someone who wants to get his message out. And this is brief, but this is what he was, what he sounded like this afternoon. If you've seen the video, you know what the sound is like. If you haven't seen the video, here's at least the audio on radio, Go ahead, rob boy. They moved him in pretty quickly. I mean they were not going to give him a chance to do a quick news availability, as we would say. This guy has what a fascinating study. I have to think there were more people involved in this. I don't know, I'm just speculating here. They apparently he apparently had eight thousand dollars in cash US cash and a couple of thousand dollars in euros. And again, all of this is coming out from various and sundry sources. I would love to hear what do you think about this? I mean, clearly this guy's he enjoys the presumption of innocence. But there's no doubt in my mind that he did it. Okay, you can call me that, I'm I'm being insensitive there. Now, this guy stake this guy out, he knew where he was, did he have any inside information? There's a lot of stuff to be to be sorted out here, and I think that I don't believe there's a death penalty in New York. It's interesting. Now let him go. Alvin Bragg will be the DA I guess who would bring the murder charge against him. But what a coward? I mean, Look, I have no idea what his gripe was. There's nothing that could justify what he did. Sixty six one seven, nine thirty. Love to get your reaction to his demeanor today. He's not going to be your traditional who's going to file into court all hill of a lawyer, who's going to tell him you got to start, you got to behave in court. But I don't think so. I think this guy, this guy is imbued with a passion. Uh. He sees it as his mission in life. He wrote fairly. I wouldn't say a glowing review of of a writing by Ted Kazinski, but he was very admiring of Kazinski's intellect. This is again, there were so many there were so many ways to talk about this case. You. You could just take the conversation which every way you want. The only lines that we're open right now is six, one, seven, nine, three, ten thirty back on nights Side. We'll open emptyse calls right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's keep rolling here to go to Sandy in West Roxbury first to get us going. Sandy, how are you tonight?
Speaker 3: Very well?
Speaker 4: How are you doing great?
Speaker 2: What's your take on? You can weigh in on whatever topic you want? Which one are you calling on?
Speaker 5: Both?
Speaker 6: If I could?
Speaker 3: Okay, First, as Tom frim Luigi, I'm going to totally disagree with you. I think that he had a consistent personality up until about a year ago, and I guess he began complaining of all kinds of pains and then he disappeared, and then he came back a totally different person. And I don't know, I'm not a doctor, but they should check it out for some kind of I know, when people get brain tumors, their personality change. Excuse me, their personality has changed desperately, And it just sounds to me like as opposed to Tanya who miss friend Andy's Anderson. I want polite, but you know, she's always been pushing the envelope there, always does things that are questionable. She hasn't done anything out of her personality. And I think this guy Beligi and I could be totally wrong, but I think he just as confused as you are. I don't think he knows who he is. I don't think he knows what he's doing. I think there's a biological cause for it, some kind of brain tumor or something.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, that would be an interesting defense if indeed they were able to define that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know, lack of consistencies, have a brain tumor, I don't know. Did they have a look for him?
Speaker 2: But you know, he was an odd ball and he sent down bombs.
Speaker 3: But he was always an odd lall that's different, and I don't know nothing about that.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking to keep it in mind. Uh, to be really honest with you, Sandy, I think it's an interesting theory, and I'm not ready to buy it at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's see apparently checking out for that.
Speaker 2: I read somewhere that when he and again a lot of this stuff you got to sort of weed weed it out. I read somewhere that he uh in Hawaii, was a surfer and that he had a surfing accident. Now I don't know if that's true, and that and that was the cause of his back problems. Uh, And it sounds as if he's had some back surgeries. Now, obviously pain can can can be very terrible, can be terrible, terrible thing you have to deal with. But it would be much more serious, as you say, if it was some sort of a brain tumor or something like that.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I don't know. Again, I'm just guessing, But it's the lack of consistency.
Speaker 2: That really I guess, my guess, it's only a guess. He's a spoiled brat. He grew up comfortable answers, and he came to he had some sort of a beef with the insurance companies, and all of a sudden it's it's it's corporate America that is the problem.
Speaker 3: So well, you absolutely could be right, but it just seems to me it's such a drastic change in personality. At least it's as.
Speaker 2: Lord, all right, give us your quick take on Tanya Frin Andres Anderson. Should she resign? Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And you know, I mean she's always put the envelope always and she you know, she's a troublemaker. I mean she has them from day one. Remember when she had all those counselors go to the steakhouse or something to reward the students for standing up for what they believe, and then it turned out, you know, because they hated it is real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that was I think. I think that was at City Hall. She got some sort of a residence.
Speaker 3: Whatever it was. Of course I blamed the councilors too. They should have found out what they were going for. They didn't even bother the ass I mean.
Speaker 2: But again it's the city councilors. I mean we're not you know.
Speaker 3: Well, can I say, you know, Timmy Anderson, I mean do you know about her husband? Do you know that he's in prison for life of first degree murder?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's I just think that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe that she married the husband after and again I think I don't think that they were They were married before the incident. I mean happened in the year two thousand or two thousand and four, so it's twenty years ago, and it might have been that she fell in love with him subsequent to his conviction. I don't know. I don't know the timmy of it, and I'm not particularly interested. But they apparently are married.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm crazy. I mean the people who elected her I must feel at you. Does you know that she's the marginalized and peenalived? And you know and you never got a break and you know, and if you give her a break, and what did you.
Speaker 1: Do with that?
Speaker 3: She breaks it?
Speaker 2: You got it? You got it? Yeah, Sandy, always great to you, your voice, happy Honikah. I believe you. Celebrate Hanukkah.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right. Thank you very much, and marry Merry Christmas. You in a happy and healthy new year.
Speaker 2: And right back at you, Thanks Sandy. Happy New Year to you as well. Thank you so much. Talk to you soon. Six one seven thirty triple eight nine nine ten thirty or six one seven nine nine three one ten thirty. Oh, those those two lines are full at the moment. Let me go next to Debbie and Mansfield. Debbie next on Nightsacer right ahead?
Speaker 7: Ye hi, Debbie, less of that first time caller, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, first time call get along the appreciate it would subject are you look at a talk on here?
Speaker 6: Go right ahead subjects?
Speaker 7: But I might want to put my two cents in about this kid that comes from the rich family and just snapped. And I'm in recovery. I've been sober about fifteen years, and I feel like this kid snapped because he had his back pain. He started getting some pain medication. And the way the health insurance works is, you know, you only get so much and then they cut you off and then you gotta follow the rules. And that's how I got addicted to drugs. And it gets you so angry because you want those painkillers so bad. Because you're addicted to them, you almost will do anything to get them. And I feel like that's what this kid did. Plus, I think he was a spoiled brat, came from money and was getting whatever he wanted all the time. And this is the first time in his life he got denied something through the healthcare and took it out, looked up the CEO, and ate it personal, which you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think, Debbie, there's a lot to what you suggest, and I think that if that is true, I think all of it is going to come out, uh in file, assuming that, Look, this guy's facing minimum of life in prison. I don't think there's a death penalty in New York State.
Speaker 7: And I think, but you know, I believe everybody can get recovered, and he's going to have maybe I'm thinking maybe it will.
Speaker 2: Be an insanity defense, and the insanity could have been brought on by this. Just as as Sandy kind of said this, similar to what you're saying, I just look at it and I think to myself, what a coward. I mean, he he he basically was standing across the street. He knew what this guy looked like.
Speaker 7: I mean, family, where is the support? You know, they're so rich that they don't even care.
Speaker 2: I mean, according to these stories today, he kind of dropped off their.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was probably embarrassed because he got hooked and he's still known as this great guy, come from a great family, and he was going to get looked down on, and he just snapped and he took down a lot of lives and a lot of family members have probably hurt in big time.
Speaker 2: Well, the family members that that are hurting big time are the family members of the man he killed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those are those.
Speaker 2: Are the family members that I just think that this is this is one of those stories which it'll be fascinating to see how it turns out.
Speaker 7: Wait for the next next documentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt. Debbie, thanks so much for calling and really enjoyed the conversation. Well, thank you very much. And again I admire anyone who can overcome an addiction of any sort, whether it's alcohol or drugs, and you have a lot to be proud of.
Speaker 7: I am thank you so much, and you have a great holiday you too.
Speaker 2: By the way, what do you celebrate Christmas or what do you celebrate?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm Catholic.
Speaker 8: Merry christ my whole life.
Speaker 7: I live in Mitsfield now I.
Speaker 2: Celebrate Christmas too, So I want to wish you a merry Christmas and a great twenty and twenty five another year of recovery. And I'm looking forward to your next call the night side.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thanks Debbie, you have a great one.
Speaker 9: Good nights.
Speaker 2: Those are great calls when you hear from people who are able to overcome. Let me go next to Joe and Lynn. Joe, welcome back.
Speaker 4: How are you well? I'm going in Friday for my cancer evaluation and discussion. We're going to see what we can do. But wish me luck because I may be alone this Christmas.
Speaker 2: I'm going to thoughts and prayers, my friend, thoughts and thanks.
Speaker 4: I may be with my friend in brighton Christmas. Okay, I have several comments on this subject. You may disagree with me, but that's okay. That's why we're here.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 4: I have heard a lot of people, including myself, I've had trouble. You know, I make the talk rounds. I'm not going to say where administrator people. A lady called up like deb who was an administrator and worked with the United Healthcare. She gave a high figure like eighty to ninety percent, or maybe even less forty to fifty I don't know, a very high figure of their claims have been denied. She spent over ten grand each month. She's lucky she had the money to get a lawyer to straighten it out or to call She says, people don't have this kind of money. I just think it's bad for all Dan and as you know, the internet and they played it on the news. Some people, some journalists were happy that he did this. I think people are breaking the healthcare system has to be rebuilt. I think it was due to his back problems. He wasn't getting the treatment. I don't know whether he was spoiled or not. I'm not going to judge him. He comes from a good family. He was wonderful before all this happened, and it's bad for all. But I understand that the tragedy and this is going to happen. Until this gets fixed, you can't just keep denying and denying people. I mean, they're against alternative therapy and these executives and this guy did sell his stock and made eleven million, and one guy made eighty five and I think United Healthcare is four hundred billion dollars. It's okay to make a profit, but not screw your customers.
Speaker 2: Well, but the point I'm trying to make to you, Joe, is when when someone crosses the line and and kills a guy in cold blood. By the way, you're not alone in some of your This is a I want to play a montage of people on social media who who's saying similar to what things what you said here, So you're not alone here. Cut number eight, Please Rob, if you would make banks hold.
Speaker 10: On, I e vividly remember being on the song with United health Care for for days and days, nine months pregnant about to give birth alone.
Speaker 1: It was a terrible, stressful, mad scramble.
Speaker 2: We appealed, of course, to United Healthcare, and they denied the appeal within one day.
Speaker 11: You're wondering, I'm just saying, my thoughts and prayers were also denied.
Speaker 12: How don't you.
Speaker 3: Care?
Speaker 2: Did we lose that? That was okay?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: And then Pierce Morgan, I guess, has been talking about this with a woman who's a writer named Lorenz. I'm just going to play this as well. This is cut number nine. I want you to react to a job cut number nine.
Speaker 12: Why would you be in such a celebratory mood about the execution of another human being? Aren't you supposed to be on the caring sharing left where you know you believe in the sanctity of life.
Speaker 11: I do believe in the sanctity of life, and I think that's why I felt, along with so many other Americans joy. Unfortunately, you know, because of seriously I mean, execution, maybe not joy, but certainly not no, certainly not empathy, because.
Speaker 12: Againe, how can this make you joyful? This guy's a husband, a father, and he's being dumb down in the middle of Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Why did that make you joys.
Speaker 11: Americans that be murdered? So are tens So are the tens of thousands of Americans, innocent Americans who died because greedy health insurance executives like this one push policies of denying character the most vulnerable.
Speaker 2: But she apparently is a former Washington Post columnist.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I wish you would let her finish, but he sort of interrupted a little Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I have another I have alonger back. The bottom line is there are people out there like this. Let's go to cut. We'll finish this, rob Let's finish it for Joe Cut nine a go ahead.
Speaker 1: Should they will be killed?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 12: Should they will be killed these health care executives? Would that make you even more joyful?
Speaker 11: No, that would not, And uh I think because yours, because it doesn't wouldn't fix the whole thing there is. I find your your.
Speaker 12: Question, let's be murdered in the street. I don't find it funny.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't.
Speaker 11: Find it funny that tens of thousands of Americans die every year and because they are denied life saving health care from people like this year.
Speaker 4: I have to share the part of those view boys. I don't like the fact that he was pushing her and she she didn't mean to laugh and say joy, But she is righting a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I know, people help opportunity Joe to say, hey, look, I was over there. How can you look at this? Look? If this it had gone up to him and punched him in the face, he'd be he'd be in charge with the salt and battery. But to cowardly shoot him in the back, who would you do?
Speaker 4: That's true, maybe the leg or maybe he even shouldn't. But again, I don't know the full circumstance of this kid's life.
Speaker 5: Who can I feel bad for?
Speaker 2: If this kid was born into a very wealthy family, his family owned resorts and golf courses. I mean it sounded like a Donald Trump type family actually, And then he went to he went to the University of Pennsylvania and Ivy League College, went to a very prestigious masters degree to I don't care what he yet, I'm just saying that that everything was given to him on a silver spoon. And then I guess he ran into some sort of rough waters in life. And his his his resolve was to was to is to create a gun, a ghost gun, and people A fifty year old executive of the United Healthcare I mean, all.
Speaker 4: I can think is the country we may be. People are just snapping, and it's.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to live in a country like that, I'll tell you, because at that point it becomes the survival of the fittest and whoever has Yeah, come on, Joe, You're you're too smart to really believe that.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, I really can't say. I hope that we can find out what causes if it were, if it was the horrible pain, because I know those drugs. They wanted to give me one when I have surgery, and I said no, thanks. I don't want to be addicted. I feel I'm glad Debbie is doing well in other people, but.
Speaker 2: Joe, I got I gotta run here. I got to see what other people reacting. Wait till I start eleven thirty news, So I gotta I gotta get to that. It's always best of luck with your treatment tomorrow, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Friday, Friday, thank you.
Speaker 2: To treatment on Friday, Joss. Miss the date. That's okay, Friday, Joe, was getting treated on Friday. We'll all say it. Prayer for Joe for the treatment on Friday. Thanks Joe, talk to you. So we'll take a quick break. We're on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's keep rolling here. We're going to go next to Will on Long Island. Hey, Will, welcome back.
Speaker 8: How are you, Hey, Dan? How are you? You know the other call that I called and says she was sober. I was thinking to myself, I said, I called you about five years ago, and it was on a Friday night. It was the first time we spoke, and you know, you were like a gentleman, and I said, wow, it was one of those non politics nights, and I'm like, it's such a refresher to talk about something besides politics, which obviously you know that I love and I'm addicted too. But I remember telling you that, you know, it was about how we wound up doing what we did for a living, and how you know, I've been sober for years at that point, now about sixteen years. So hearing that lady say that is just always a reminder. I do feel maybe there was some because I heard about his back issue that he has and it's a very painful condition actually that he has, and that maybe that's it. But you know, I heard Joe just now, you know, talking about that. He shares some of the feelings that this lady was sharing with Pere at Morgan. I wish show all the best. I hope that he gets healthy and better. I heard him a couple of days ago too. I hope that everything goes well for him. I would like to say though, that it does sound like Joe's getting the care he needs. And I'm in the healthcare industry and I was for years as a healthcare licensed agent. A lot of people get the care that they need. Some claims, obviously are denied. And when we spoke about this kid in particular, before we knew who he was last week, I said, it's probably somebody that thinks he represents the excesses of capitalism, or somebody who's related to someone who had a claim denied, or they themselves had a claim denied, or someone passed something like that. And ironically, it seems to be a mix of the both, mixed in with maybe a touch of mental illness because schizophrenia typically on sets in your twenties. When I saw this kid come in there and start talking like that, the symptoms showed themselves, typically up to nine years before they actually happened. Okay, there's no doubt that this person is kind of off their rocker. You have to be to do what he did. Let's start with that old blooded, calculated from behind. Listen, if you really have a manifest fol and it's really about the excess of the capitalism and all that, why not kill him to his face? You know, why not go right up to him and just and do it to his face? Why do you do it like that sneaky try to get away, you know, yeah, like a total coward. And that's why I hope that this person doesn't become some type of folk hero, because I gotta be honest. I wish I could say that it's only the left wing nut jobs that are praising this guy, Okay, but it's not just anecdotally. I know a lot of so called conservatives and a lot of people obviously that are on the right, and you know what side I'm on, And I see a lot of people that I know applauding this I see a lot of people. I'm listening to very conservative talk shows. Half the people are calling saying this is good. Listen, in America, it's okay to be a billionaire. It's okay to be rich. Okay, you could make millions in sports. They voted for a billionaire president. They love Elon Musk. However, there are some industries like pharmaceuticals Atpipen's gouging insulin and things like this, where the American public just tows a line where they think it's despicable to become wealthy in some of these industries.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: So I see like I'm one of those people, you know that, I'm like on both sides a little bit. I can see the argument coming from this side. But listen, we can't make this kid into a folk hero. This cannot be. We cannot just say that, you know, because we think that somebody has you know, this is worse than vigilante justice. This is literally absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah with you and I think that it's literally at this point, it's the wild wild West. It's the Lord of the Jungle. I got packed lines will so normally I give you a lot of time. I gotta get some more folks in right now.
Speaker 8: I got a lot out there.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks man, appreciate it. Good night, right back at you, Diane and bill Ricka. Hi, Diane, welcome? How are you welcome? Diane?
Speaker 9: I am doing uh pretty good? How are you?
Speaker 2: It were just great? What's your thought on this? My friend?
Speaker 6: It's the booth fairy.
Speaker 2: You know that I know exactly who it is yourself.
Speaker 9: You didn't say no, like, like, I don't agree that the kid took the CEO's life, but like, you know what I've been going through for almost two years now, and today was a big joke. The insurance company wants me to go for another X ray before they do an MRI. So now they're requiring two x rays before an MRI. Like, is that not the most ridiculous thing? What are you going to see different from last month?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well again, is that something that's costing you or are they doing that at their expense? Well?
Speaker 9: I don't know because I have to lie and not say it's worked in comp because work in comp still isn't pegging the bills. Yeah, it's crazy. The whole thing is just insane. But meanwhile I'm getting fired. Let them write from jobs because they're saying I'm at risk, but I feel I'm okay. Luckily, I have two companies that are keeping me, but they're not commission based their ally, so my salary literally has dropped three quarters.
Speaker 2: So you're you're convinced that the insurance companies. And by the way, I've had my fights with insurance companies as well. Yeah, okay, and I've had I've been on those situations where you're on the phone for two hours and you're listening to Musac it's very frustrating. Or you get people who are offshore, they're not they do not speak American, They're speak they're attempting to speak English, it's their second language. I don't have a second language. But at the same time, I feel that these companies should hire people who can be confident and qualified, and you go through the entire Yeah. Absolutely, And I've even had problems with, you know, some of the companies that are associated, I believe with United Healthcare. I think that they have a number of companies. But at the same time, I don't think you turn around and you take it out on someone this.
Speaker 9: Way and the fact no, no, no, And it's just kind of crazy that how this young person knew that this guy is going to be there, and actually.
Speaker 2: Well he needs well that that might have been public knowledge, that might have been pop knowledge that that that there was. I believe it was what they called a shareholders meeting in New York and he's an annual event. But how did he know what street that this was six forty five in the morning. My understanding is, how did he know that it was at that moment in time with this guy? How did he recognize him? I mean, if you're in the street of New York and you see someone coming down the street, how could he be certain that was the guy and not some guy maybe who bore a remarkable resemblance.
Speaker 9: Right right, Like the whole thing is just you know, like, of course I'm laying home because I'm not working until January thirteenth, and I'm watching all these crazy other things on YouTube and stuff, and you know, they're saying that they don't even have the right kid. And then I saw the warrior for the kid, and like he's saying that they haven't produced any evidence.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, of course that's what the lawyer's going to say. No, I have this. They had this kid, stone cold Stone.
Speaker 9: No, no, I I get it too. I get it too. But like I can like not that I can see murdering anybody is the right way to go, but but like I could see somebody being a little out of their mind because of being in pain because of these companies. But you know what the kid did, there had to be something a little bit more going on in his head than just pain. I think, like schizophrenia.
Speaker 5: Like the last call as that of something.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm with you totally. I'm with you totally, Diane, best of luck. It's yeah, you're you know, the fact that that you're dealing with this difficult circumstances. You're going to a lot of people be thinking about you tonight as well.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, thank you, and I'm sure i'll talk to you soon. You bet I won't say yeah, well, I'll.
Speaker 2: Still I can still say Merry Christmas to you. It's okay, I can say that once.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, but merry Christmas. And uh, it's a very crazy story.
Speaker 2: It is a very crazy story. Thanks, Diane. We'll talk soon. Talk to you soon, okay, right right, take a quick break here at nights. I'd be right back. I got one line open if you want to give a shot for it. What Well, actually it's two now because Diane dropped off. It is six one. Give us a call.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Mine from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Montreal. Frank is in Montreal. Frank, welcome to the night Side.
Speaker 13: How are you good?
Speaker 10: Dan?
Speaker 13: Thank you for taking my call, And yeah, I'm I was captivated by this story as well, and I guess all of probably the worldwide. But I was wondering and an earlier caller had made reference to political affiliation and they're being sympathetic towards Mangoni or not. So I was wondering in my observation, and it seems to me that if you're more a Democrat, you're almost more sympathetic towards Manoni versus a Republican or someone right leaning.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I think yeah, I think it's I think it's a generalization, to be honest with you. And I think the reason is that most Republicans in America are very supportive of capitalism as we have at the supportive of corporations for the most part. Uh, and Democrats are a little bit skeptical about the power that exists within corporations and and that's but but at the same time, I think that there are, uh, there's different brands of both Republicans, Republicanism and UH and the Democratic platform, and so they could be a little bit of a cross over there. But I don't think anyone in their right mind can support what this kid did.
Speaker 13: Oh, absolutely not. It's it's and it's premeditated all the way.
Speaker 2: A lot there's a lot of people, frank on the internet who enjoyed the anonymity of the anonymity of the Internet, and they're saying some things, including this, uh, this reporter named or this columnist named Taylor Lorenz who used to write for the Washington Post, who had this, uh, this this pretty challenging exchange with Piers Morgan. So what do you do?
Speaker 13: I heard that? Yeah, sorry, And I was just gonna say that those who are you know so, And I think I'm more conservative in my views, and but I think I don't understand how the Republicans could ever have said pro life. I think it's I'm all for it's a woman's body and she decides what it's, uh, you know, the course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why there's there's these cross currents within the.
Speaker 13: Within right and so the same people who maybe say it's a woman's choice, but then they're saying, no, no, this guy, this guy had the right to kill this man.
Speaker 2: And I know that's yeah, I get the irony of that. You know, my favorite Canadian Prime Minister will always be Brian mulrooney, as my favorite American president of my lifetime is Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 13: So absolutely, And I have another story, but my wife met mulrooney and Bush Senior at a restaurant Seascapes in Kenny Buncourt, Maine, and what a story. Fantastic story. Another time.
Speaker 2: Are you a regular listener up there in Montreal? Have you called before?
Speaker 13: Absolutely? Enjoy it, enjoy your show immensely. Well, yeh, so I've called in a few times.
Speaker 2: So when are you a Canadians hockey fan?
Speaker 13: I am, but it's okay.
Speaker 2: In my law practice many years ago, I represented NHL players, including one of a Bostonian out there who you must remember, Chris n Island. So if you're bump into Chris some might I represented Chris virtually for his entire career and he has done very well.
Speaker 13: Are you still in touch with.
Speaker 2: Him every week.
Speaker 13: His mom just I think his wife is from His wife is from Hawaii.
Speaker 2: That's correct, Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 13: And yeah, and there's even the Whitey Balter connection.
Speaker 2: We try not to go there too much, but when you see him saying, oh, okay, Frank, I got a round, we'll talk to Yeah. I have a great night Montreal, Frank. Okay, I'm going to try to get too in quickly here, Ron, can you help me out? I want to get Dave and san Antonio went as well.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Ron, Well, I I hope I don't shock a lot of people, but I think they better get their heads one straight. I believe the mainstream media is projecting a thought of Luigi Manon as a hero. He's not a hero.
Speaker 2: Making media's doing that. Run who the mainstream media has done that?
Speaker 6: Yep, mainstream media is becoming a sickness.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you one person in the mainstream media who is I haven't seen it. I watched it fairly closely. If if you want to throw a name at me, that's fine. If you want to make a generalization, that's okay too. What I was asking if there's someone who has said something in the mainstream media I.
Speaker 6: Think it was the Governor of New York's son who was giving a news report on I don't know for a CNN, but it was him. He was actually trying to yeah, he was. He was trying to say that he was good and he was good before. And and what I think is Luigi Mangoni is not a hero. They're trying to make him a hero. He is the person who turned him in at McDonald's by identification.
Speaker 5: That's the true hero.
Speaker 6: And no more of this brother against brother under God's law.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 6: He said, unto God, said unto Kane, where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not. I am my brother's tifa. And Laud said, what hast thou done?
Speaker 2: And now you don't go into a lot of deep religious stuff here. And I wasn't covering that story back in the day. So look, I agree with you what this was done. This was wrong. This was wrong. I want to try to get a quick comment from Dave and San Antonio. Well, well, we'll get back to this later on during the week, I promise. Okay, you're welcome, Thank you, Dave, Thank you, Rather Ron Dave, You're at the end of the line. I got less than a minute for you. What can you do with it?
Speaker 5: I tell you so, Remember told you about how I got screwed in the dental, But I had a feeling that it was some dude that was protested and the other way they were treating people that company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think many people felt that you were the only one who you weren't the only one that felt that. But yeah, we talked about your your I dental issues.
Speaker 5: All over the radio.
Speaker 2: Well you know it was you were going so deep. I want, I want to do it? What? What? What?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 5: I am verned into itive? I have been right so many times and so many people are pissed off because I get right. I'm right and uh and believe me.
Speaker 2: Let me just say this, Dave David. When I think about you, I think about the phrase often mistaken, never in doubt. And I'm sure you take that as a compliment. Talk to you good night, all right, everybody done for the night. Want to thank Maria to want to thank Rob Brooks, want to thank all the callers. I want to thank all the listeners. I will be on Facebook right after the show doing a postgame on Facebook. Just go to Nights Hour with Dan Ray follow us on Twitter, check us out on Instagram. We're everywhere. We will be back tomorrow night. In the meantime, if you remember this, remember as always, all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pale Charlie ray Is, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's why your pets are a past. They loved you and you loved them, and I do believe you'll see that we again. Hope to see again on night side tomorrow night. Everyone, have a great Wednesday. Stay dry,