Speaker 1: A quick channel line weather here at cloudy. He's got a showers forty eight overnight low, overnight low of thirty five with more showers possible, dry and cloudy tomorrow forty seven for the high overnight move your clock forward. He'll experience a thirty five degree low and on Sunday it'll also be dry. It'll be high at fifty nine thirty four. Right now, time for a quick traffic chuck ingram from the.
Speaker 2: UCUP Traffic Center. When it comes from up cole scorrosis trusts the experts and you see Gardner Neuroscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care. Learn more age you see help dot com. North Found two seventy five. A slow go from twenty eight and Milford to an accident before you get towards corner by plane blocked off with emergency vehicles now southbound seventy five slows out of Loch from North Pound seventy five A bit heavy above and Mitchell towards town. Shock ingram on fifty five k R a CDE talk station.
Speaker 1: To shove me thirty fifty five KRC detalk station, A very happy Friday to you when time's please to welcome to the City five KRC Morning Show offer of a couple of books we're going to be talking about today. My guest Richards author of the two books we will be speaking about today, as I mentioned, the DNA of Democracy Volume one and Shadows of the Acropolis Volume two. Born and raised in the Midwest, education took him through Loyala Academy, University of North Caro, North Texas, and graduate career at Southern Methodist University. He's been a lifelong admired of the written word, which has led him to a literary pursuits as a poet, essays and screenwriter. Also a third generation printer. Welcome to the program, mister Lyons. It's a pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 3: Oh great to be with you, Brian. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now this let's start with the DNA of Democracy. You do a long history analysis of this from the Ten Commandments all the way through modern times. How democracy is formed, you know, And I'm thinking about the Ten Commandments and I've always tried to contemplate this. I try to be Switzerland in my approach to the Morning Show. I have many in my audience who are very religious. I have agnostics. I've got adeists. But I've always thought to myself, you know what, if you weren't religious, You're Moses sitting on a mountain, and you were the head of the tribe, and you left a sort of contemplate life's problems, you probably would have come up with the Ten Commandments as you sit there and contemplate, why is it that our neighbors are fighting amongst themselves? Why is it something? Well, it's because you coveted your neighbor's wife, or but it's because you cover your covetous and greedy generally, you know, don't do that stuff, and you live a happier life.
Speaker 4: No, that's great, Brian, and very true. It's common sense, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 4: But it's also it's also the first And people don't get this, and everybody should, even humanists, that the Ten Commandments were the first common law. They were the first law that entailed both kings and priests and had a common law to which which applied to the whole society, not just some I like that. I look at that, and that is that is a real foundation of British common law and our common law. So that's where I see it as a as a contributing element to our democracy. And also there are rights entailed to that right. If you don't covet you have a right to your own property, right, thou shalt not steal. You have a right to your own life, Thou shalt not murder. These are things that are also cornerstones of democracies.
Speaker 1: Unalienable rights. And I always think of things, Hey, I derive from God. It derived from God because the greatest illustration. And I talk to Judge Enna of Palaton about this all the time on my program. He's on every week. If you were in the state of nature, if you were plunked down in the field before there was organized police, religion, a government, you have the right to defend yourself. You have the right to own property, You have the right to hunt and gather and eat, and all of these things come built into the package. And only a government institution, or perhaps sometimes religious organization can take them away from you.
Speaker 4: Yes, correct, that's right. But if derived from God, as from the mount brought down by Moses, no power on earth can take those rights away. And that's the point. They're inalienable.
Speaker 1: Why are we as a people so willing to want to give those up? I understand we must interact and coexist. But that's where a system of laws comes in that are supposed to be designed to protect these unalienable rights. And yet people are almost fearful of being free and being able to have these choices, but being also responsible for these choices.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you know, there's an allure to big government. And we've been subject to that now, Brian, for decades. Yes, where the people look to big government and they.
Speaker 3: Say, you know you can.
Speaker 4: And it comes from World War two, the great success in World War Two. After that, people said, well, the government can do no wrong, and we should look to government to solve all of our problems because they solve the problem of Hitler and Japan. And it became a mindset in America that a centralized government in Washington, DC can solve all of society's will was and the allure to people is, well, if they are solving my problem, I don't have to think about it, I don't have to deal with it. And so we fell prey to that for decades and now we're just waking up to the other side of that coin, and that is that governments can also oppress. Yes, they can also overtax you. They can also spend your money really stupidly. So this is a good mindset we're discovering now with Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and you know, it's interesting on the heels of my conversation with doctor James Thorpe, who exposed how devastating the COVID nineteen VA vaccine is and was for pregnant mothers. That's that that Woodrow Wilsonian, a government of experts kind of thing. Just let us tell you how it is, and then you just listen to us and just don't deny anything we tell you, and we find out we're being lied to all the time.
Speaker 4: And Fauci was the poster boy for that really.
Speaker 3: And for a government, well think about this, Brian.
Speaker 4: For a government to have the suppose right to inject something into your body, I mean, there's nothing more invasive than that.
Speaker 3: And to give government the right to do that is.
Speaker 4: Anti democratic really, And when you don't question what they're doing, that's very anti democratic.
Speaker 1: Well, I think fascinating reality we're living with here. Do you think we are all actually collectively waking up to this? Do you think we're going to have some movement back toward these fundamental liberties that we shouldn't take for granted, that based upon all the lies that we now perceive, and thanks in large part to the Internet, that these alternative voices and these realities can actually be brought to the American people, that there's going to be maybe a renaissance of that type of attitude.
Speaker 3: No, and think about your show, Think about what you know.
Speaker 4: I attributed to Rush Limbaugh what he started as an independent voice that king national and alternative and proved to be right. And so this centralization of power, I hope continues. My books illustrate how and why our government was created as a diffused power base. So you have states, localities, and then the federal government. Shadows of the Acropolis chronicles the last hundred years, and how power from Woodrow Wilson, very true concentrated in Washington, d c. Contrary to our constitutional principles. And so I'm hoping that after that century now we look at government and and all these discoveries of Elon Musk about how much money has been wasted, how it's been how it all happens to end up, my gosh, in Democrat hands.
Speaker 3: That's really funny, isn't it.
Speaker 4: How you know this cronyism, this this grifter mentality that you know, issued from the Clinton's on down, when the Democratic Party, I think when people see this, and with the vaccine and all these sorts of things, you know, government can be wrong and in fact, government can be dangerous. And when people wake up to that, they'll wake up to the idea we must shrink the size of the federal government. We must, you know, put barriers to its ability to invade our lives.
Speaker 1: Amen to that make up just a bunch of intriguing and wonderful observations and shadow of the shadows of the acropolis. I guess I wonder you talk about division that exists. You wonder why the nation feels so politically divided. There is a constant stirring of the pot of division that has just become so pronounced over the past fifteen twenty years. At every turn. You can't have an opinion about someone screaming at you that you are wrong. It doesn't matter how infintestinably small any given subject matter is. You're not entitled to speak your mind. The loudest voice in the room, perhaps even the smallest group of people that abide by some particular message, like that a man can be a woman ends up becoming the dominant narrative in a conversation, which is flies in the face of logic and reason.
Speaker 4: Yes, but they had such control, Brian of the media and used it and for decades again, and you know, it's like someone on the mount preaching to you and telling you that what is right is wrong and what is wrong is right, and then demanding that you believe it. And this is really where I think the Democrat Party went too far. They think they can literally do this in America, where you do have an alternative media, and where the First Bill of Rights, the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights guarantees free speech, so you cannot be un American and say you can't speak.
Speaker 1: And isn't that really what that whole anti disinformation campaign was about. They only wanted one narrative, the one that they said was the appropriate information. Again, going back to fauci or this nonsensical green religion that we've been it's been forced down our throats in spite of the objective information and scientific evidence that it's nonsense. You know, carbon dioxide's plant food, for God's sake, Well it is.
Speaker 4: It's a large part of the atmosphere.
Speaker 3: But think about the scheme.
Speaker 4: If the temperature is fifty one degrees, we can tax you. If it's ninety two degrees, we can tax you. I mean, it's a real engine for money making. And where's all the money going the money? We have a virtuous private economy right large, and it's private ownership and it's private enterprise, and we've allowed this centralized government for a century to grow up on top of it as a parasitic organism that takes all the fruits of all those labors into itself and distributes that money to its friends and fellow politicians. And that's what you see when you see the EPA giving out twenty billion dollars to eight recipients, one of whom is giving five billion dollars back to his former employer. Well, who do you think that is. I think it's his friend, isn't it. Yes, We're giving two billion dollars to Stacy Abram and then she's funneling it through five other different entities in this.
Speaker 3: Web of corruption.
Speaker 4: And I really applaud that Elon Musk is going to go after this. I want the Justice Department and the Treasury to find out where every dime is going.
Speaker 3: Amen, and illustrate it on.
Speaker 4: Shows like your own, so that people know, My god, they're taking this money and doing what with it. They're giving it to their friends and their kids and other Democrats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eight eight million or ten million or twenty million dollars that went to Zimbabwe or whatever for male circumcisions didn't Actually, it didn't make it nobody Zimbabwe, right, It ended up back in Washington with lobbying groups that ended up put it back in the pockets of politicians for their re election campaign. And isn't that part of the problem. We as Americans tend to select some pretty awful people as our representatives. We need to wake up to that and find better people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, agreed, there ought to be there ought to be a you know, the people are their own vetting. They are the vetting process, and they should really listen to what politicians are saying and not just say, well, they have a D by their name, so I'm voting for them. They have an R by their name, so I'm voting for them. You're right, some of these people are not qualified and really don't think in the people's best interests. They're looking for a job they can hold for thirty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and get paid.
Speaker 1: You know, Richly, guys like representatives who think Guam can capsize if you put another building on it. I mean, you know, Richard, Richard Lions, the author of the two books we're talking about today, The DNA of Democracy and Shadows of the Acropulus, Volume two. It's been a great conversation. I really enjoy it, Richard. I know my listeners are going to love to get the books, and we'll make it really easy for him by putting a link on my blog page of fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 3: Keep up the.
Speaker 1: Great work, pleasure man. I wish we had more time to talk, but thanks for spending time. Thanks great. I'll take you up on that. Have a wonderful weekend, Sir eight forty two and fifty five kr C DE Talk Station. Don't go away, folks will be right back.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC dot Com O HC.