Speaker 1: Welcome to the Trauma Therapists podcast. My name is Gimick person I interview incredible people who've dedicated their lives to helping those who've been impacted by trauma. A big thank you to our sponsors and our guests who are supporting this show. So five four three two one, our folks, welcome back to the podcast. Super excited to have as my guest today, Mike Wood. Mike welcome, Thank you, Thank you for having me awesome. So, Mike spent over thirty years living with anxiety and depression before making the decision to go all in on his own healing. What came out of that journey is Learned to Love Being You, a ten week program built around the tools and practices that actually worked for him breathwork, meditation, mindset, and emotional healing. His approach isn't clinical, it's personal, practical and grounded and lives experience. Today, He's on a mission to help others find the same piece he spent most of his life looking for. Mike, just a little bit about you before going share with our listeners where you're from originally and where you are currently, and then we'll dive in.
Speaker 2: I grew up in California, and after high school, I moved to Tennessee and that's where I've been living for the last thirty years.
Speaker 1: All right, So thirty thirty years, as it says in your bio, living with anxiety, knowing something's going on, depression. I mean, I think a lot of people can. I don't know. I just relate to that. Talk to us, take us back. How did all this start?
Speaker 3: So, you know, now on the other side of it, I know where it started. You know.
Speaker 2: I had some childhood trauma with my with my dad leaving when I was you know, one and a half years old. But the biggest thing that was that caused abandonment issues that I was able to deal with later. But the bigger issue for me was I didn't I had a rare four of dyslexia. I still do and I didn't learn how to read past the second grade level until I was twenty five years old. So at a very early age, I got into an elevated emotional state with a clear intention, and that clear intention was that I wasn't as.
Speaker 3: Smart as everybody else. I was dumb.
Speaker 2: And so here come those thoughts every day from the all the way through the future. Up to the point when I was or forty seven years old, and I went back and rewrote all of that, those negative thoughts that we all have that haunt us, that cause our anxiety, it's actually coming from somewhere.
Speaker 3: It's coming from a root cause.
Speaker 2: And I was able to learn how to go back to those root causes and.
Speaker 3: Get rid of them, basically removed them.
Speaker 1: And that was just that was we'll get there. You're you're jumping way ahead. You're giving You're just giving us that thirty thousand fit big perspective. But I want details and old I want to ask you a question. What's this rare form of dyslexia?
Speaker 2: So it's hereditary And it didn't get diagnosed in me until I was about, i want to say, about thirty five years old, when my son had dyslexia and we sent them to the University of Middle Tennessee and they diagnosed him and they said, this is a rare form, it's typically hereditary. And I'm at that point, I'm about in tears because I'm passing this on to him. Everything they were talking about with him was the same, and my child after him as well, my last two kids. I have six kids, and the last two both have the exact same thing.
Speaker 3: They're struggling with reading.
Speaker 2: We're getting them helping, you know, but when my time, there wasn't any help.
Speaker 1: So you grew up. You're struggling what academically? Yeah, you're thinking you're not as smart? How does that? How do you manage that? How does how do you deal with that?
Speaker 3: So you hide it?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 3: Is what I did.
Speaker 2: I hit behind the kid in front of me in class, trying not to get called on to.
Speaker 3: Read out loud. I did all my homework.
Speaker 2: I scanned for keywords and was able to do all my homework, virtually failed every test, got out of school with c's and d's. It was it was a struggle, but I was I did it alone. I did it hiding, and it created a lot of tools that I'm able to use in business, and it gave me a lot of you know, figure it.
Speaker 3: Out skills, right, But at the end of the day, it.
Speaker 2: Also created a lot of negative core beliefs within me that that haunted me for years to come.
Speaker 1: So you failed every test, you get into high school, how does that? What does that look like?
Speaker 2: So you know, and so they put me in the lower level classes so the basic stuff you know. In reality, I'm I'm very intelligent, but I had to learn how to scan for keywords when I'm reading the test.
Speaker 3: I couldn't comprehend a paragraph.
Speaker 2: I could read one sentence at a time, but by the time I read the second sentence, I couldn't remember what the first sentence said, and so I would have to just scan for keywords. And I just I just use little tricks like that to get myself through every day. I was really good at basketball, so I had a couple of coaches that taught history, helped me along the way a little bit. Maybe maybe I should have got a D. Maybe I ended up with a B. I actually got a little love from one teacher. It was a high school basketball coach. But in reality, I just struggled. Man, it was a it was a it was a very challenging time for me.
Speaker 1: So I'm imagining low self esteem, low self worth. Are you do you have friends? Are you hanging out? No?
Speaker 2: I very introverted, and so I have a big I had a family full of brothers, so I invertally got.
Speaker 3: Around their friends and people.
Speaker 2: So I wasn't a complete invert introvert, but I and I also played a lot of sports, so I made friends through sports. But as far as the social life, going to somebody else's house or then coming to my house, and now, none of that happened because I was just I was terrified.
Speaker 3: I didn't know how to communicate with people. And yeah, it was, it was. It was a kind of a challenging experience.
Speaker 1: So was anyone your parents looking at you saying, Mike, we got what's up? We gotta maybe we got to get this kid some help or or what.
Speaker 3: They didn't know, they didn't know it. Wow, you know, I hate it.
Speaker 2: But you know, my dad was gone, so he was not in the picture. My mom was doing the best she could to raise three kids, all with government assistants.
Speaker 3: She had a job, but that wasn't enough.
Speaker 2: So we you know, all of our meals were through government assistants through the school. You know, she she did the best she could to keep up with us and keep us clothed and fed. And you know, so, no, I didn't really have much support from home, and nobody really understood what I was going.
Speaker 1: Through, to be honest, So high school, college.
Speaker 2: No, No, I wish I could have because I could have played college basketball. But I actually went in my junior I went to Analov Valley Junior High or junior college, and I flunked out my first semester.
Speaker 3: Because the tricks that I had in the past, they weren't going to carry me through the way college flowed.
Speaker 2: I mean, you actually had to be able to read and comprehend and do work on your own, and at the pace.
Speaker 3: It was going, there was no way I could keep up.
Speaker 2: So I basically flunked out in my first semester and moved on.
Speaker 1: So what do you do after that?
Speaker 3: You move on to what manual labor? Right? Manual labor?
Speaker 2: Just anything that I could, you know, because I did have a good working mind.
Speaker 3: I was able to solve problems I could. I was a hard worker.
Speaker 2: I became a very hard worker to overcompensate for what I deemed as lack of intelligence.
Speaker 3: Didn't want anybody to see, but I could. You know. I could hang us sign faster than anybody.
Speaker 2: I could shovel asphalt faster than anybody, because I was an athlete by by just naturally gifted, and and so I just excelled physically.
Speaker 3: In a lot of those areas on until.
Speaker 2: I was in my mid thirties, you know, I was doing I had a shovel in my hand until I was thirty five years old, and then I moved into the office and got a job as an estimator.
Speaker 3: And I struggled at first, but math was always easy.
Speaker 2: Like math I was able to do in my head when I was two years old, four years old, as early as I can remember, I could.
Speaker 3: Do math in my head.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So that the gift, right, you know, the yin and yang of everything, you know, doing math in your head. And so I found my way, yeah, through hard work and found an estimating job, and then you know, moved on there and from there in my career.
Speaker 1: So well, let's get let's get to this. How do how do things unfold such that you figure out or maybe say to yourself, I need to get some help with reading or what is going on?
Speaker 2: So I knew that I couldn't read, and I just you know, one of those government things like self help for adults adult Reading basically said hey, just start reading the newspaper at once a day, you know, every day, and see how far you can.
Speaker 3: Get through it. So I did. I had a job where I was pulling out land closures, on.
Speaker 2: The interstate, and construction crews would go to work and I'd be left with a lot of times. So I started grabbing the USA Today and I just started practicing. I was so embarrassed at twenty five that I couldn't read and I was being held back that I just I just learned on my own.
Speaker 3: I just started reading the newspaper every day, and.
Speaker 2: Then before long I made it past the first page, and you know that, I was going to the political sections, and I got into pologics a little bit, and just just learned through through trying.
Speaker 1: All right, So at what point do you say, hey, I'm going to start putting this program together. How how does it you go from sitting in your car reading USA Today to this?
Speaker 3: So what happened was I started getting success.
Speaker 2: I got in that office and got that job, and then I left that job after about five years, went to another one as a construction manager, and I thought that was going to make me.
Speaker 3: I doubled my salary, I'm making good money.
Speaker 2: My wife was able to quit working, and it made me happy for a while, but it was short lived.
Speaker 3: I leave there. I come to where I currently have a job.
Speaker 2: At Jarrett Company's become the COO of a company. We exploded from two million dollars a year to one hundred million dollars a year, making more money than I need.
Speaker 3: Families happy, Wait.
Speaker 1: A hold on, hold, excuse me, but are you able to read during this?
Speaker 2: I can read now, but you can get by a level of comprehension.
Speaker 3: Reading comprehension is still not the best.
Speaker 1: But I mean, when you were working in those jobs, were you able to just get by?
Speaker 2: At about twenty five years old, I was able to learn how to read and be able to get those jobs. But you know, I still suffer. I still struggled in some of the other areas. But I just worked my butt off right.
Speaker 3: And made myself valuable in other ways where you know, I had a weakness with reading comprehension.
Speaker 2: So if I had to read a contract for a job that I was doing, you know, it would just take me.
Speaker 3: A long time. I'd have to you know, it would take.
Speaker 2: Me five times long to read one contract because I wouldn't understand anything. So as I got further along to answer your question, what hit me hard is that I had achieved everything in my life that I thought was gonna make all that noise in my head stop. You know, all of the insecurities, all of the negative stuff that was going on inside me that was making me miserable on a daily basis.
Speaker 3: I reached a place.
Speaker 2: Where I had achieved everything in the outside world and I was still miserable.
Speaker 1: And those negative voices were saying, what.
Speaker 3: You're not good enough.
Speaker 2: Everybody's going to find out, You're stupid, that you're not you're not lovable, you're not worthy it. Just take those core bases and just take it into throw it into any situation and that and the thought would just morph into whatever was happening with that general tone of those things.
Speaker 1: So how do you deal with that? What do you do? What did you do?
Speaker 2: You know, in my early twenties or through my twenties, I smoked a lot of weed. I never really took to alcohol too much, but in my uh my late thirties, you know, just trying to be social with my wife because she was wanting to be out and me, I would start drinking socially and that helped me.
Speaker 3: I would have to drink to be social with folks.
Speaker 2: And and that was how I kind of came out of my shell and actually started interacting with folks in a personal setting anyway. Yeah, so it was I would medicate basically to be able to navigate because I didn't know what to do with the anxiety that would come up.
Speaker 3: If if we went back fifteen.
Speaker 2: Years and I tried to have this conversation with you, I would stutter. I would I would have a lot of a lot of uh, just involuntary things happening in my body that would make it very difficult for me to even have a real conversation with you.
Speaker 1: Was there any thought at any time, I need to get some help and maybe I need to see a therapist or whatever.
Speaker 3: No, I was.
Speaker 2: I was trying to just tough it up, you know, the old school away robed some dirt on it and keep going.
Speaker 3: You just get back in the game. You can't. So yeah, that was that was what I tried.
Speaker 1: To do, all right, So take us to where You're like, I'm gonna start helping other people when, but when did you start helping yourself?
Speaker 2: So when I was forty five years old, fort yeah, forty five, I stopped looking outward and I turned inward.
Speaker 3: That's when I started.
Speaker 2: When I started walking Why, Because I realized that there was nothing left for me to achieve. I thought I was going to be able to solve these problems by getting the next job making more money doing it.
Speaker 3: But I had more money than I needed.
Speaker 2: I had a house, I had the wife, I had the best friend. I had all of these things, and I was still as miserable as I ever was. And in fact, what was happening is those voices were getting even louder.
Speaker 3: I was more miserable with all of those things.
Speaker 2: And I told my boss when I really hit that breaking point, I told him I was going to quiet my mind by any means necessary, because honestly, I don't know if I wanted to continue living the way that I was, and I had everything that I thought would make me happy, So what do you do?
Speaker 3: So I turned my focus inward and I.
Speaker 2: Found a few things Tony Robbins video here, and everything started.
Speaker 3: Saying, work on yourself, work on yourself. I started trying meditation.
Speaker 2: I would do ten fifteen minute meditations and I would feel a moment of wow.
Speaker 3: I feel good for five minutes.
Speaker 2: I feel good for ten minutes, and I was like, Okay, that's something I'm going to follow that pathway.
Speaker 3: You know, when something happened. I kept going and it got to.
Speaker 2: The point where I was consuming on audible ten to fifteen books a month. I was meditating for two to three hours a day for wow for a long time.
Speaker 1: And then I and you're married at this point, yep, yeah, you have kids twenty two years Yeah, okay, wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I dove in big time. Guy.
Speaker 2: I've always been a hard worker, and I took all that hard work that I was spreading everywhere else and I just turned it all inward. I mean even now I'm working on me. I just put it all inward. And I started exploring things like reiki healing. I learned how to do reiki healing. I went to any modality that I could figure out, and I stumbled astar guy named Chris Hancock in Franklin, Tennessee therapy outside the Box, and I started going to him.
Speaker 3: And the reason I went to him is.
Speaker 2: Because he he had something called energy healing, and I had no idea what it was. But at that point, after about two years of working on my own, I started to realize if I put a crystal in my hand, that I could feel the energy in my hand and that focus on my hand would turn my brain off. And I started using that as a tool, and I started playing with the energy in my hand and my chakras. And when I heard about him, I was like energy healing.
Speaker 3: I'm in. I'm just gonna try it.
Speaker 1: And hang on. So I got this. I got a title of your book from shoveling my hand to a crystal in my hand. Exactly how seriously you got the crystaling? Did you ever think you'd be sitting there with a crystal in your hand? Oh?
Speaker 3: I thought something, be crazy? You send me to the learning farm like no. And when I rarely tell people that because they do thing. What are you talking about that?
Speaker 2: But because not everybody puts a crystal in their hand and they could feel it vibrate.
Speaker 3: But for whatever reason, I could, and a lot of people can.
Speaker 2: And there's certain type of crystals that vibrate at a higher frequency, and so you get one of those that's really powerful in your hand, you could feel it.
Speaker 3: I carry it around with me everywhere when I.
Speaker 2: Go into meetings here tense, and I would put those in my hand and it would quiet my mind and I could be present, you know, because the noise in my head would stop when I would think about this because you can't have two focuses.
Speaker 3: When the mind is idle, it could just go wherever it wants.
Speaker 2: But when I have focus on this energy in my hand at least partial, now I'm able to be present with you and everybody else.
Speaker 3: After a while, I didn't need them anymore. I could just feel it while I'm pointing out my hand.
Speaker 2: As I'm doing this, I could feel the energies in my hand even as a practice, and it was just a tool. It's nothing crazy about it, but it is a magnificent tool to just quiet the mind. And that was my ultimate goal is I realized my mind was the thing that was causing all of my pain. It wasn't anything out in the world, it was what was going on in my mind. And that's where Chris came in and we started going backwards and healing the things that were causing the voices right, And so that's where I was telling that story a little bit.
Speaker 3: I got ahead of you.
Speaker 2: But when I went back to five year old Mike in the kindergarten class, when I first learned that I wasn't as smart as everybody, because my teacher got excited, she was getting frustrated that I couldn't spell Michael, and she asked me to spell Mike, and I noticed because of her frustrations, I started paying attention. All the other kids had already spelt their name, and she was a little agitated, which got me excited, which opens up the subconscious mind to be programmed and then the clear intention of being dumb. But what's great about the subconscious mind is it has no concept of time and it doesn't understand the difference between.
Speaker 3: Reality and a pursuit reality.
Speaker 2: So I'm able to go back with my imagination to that moment right now, reframe that whole situation with compassion for the teacher she didn't understand.
Speaker 3: Forgive her because she didn't understand.
Speaker 2: Same thing with all the students and myself, and my subconscious mind will no longer hold on to that as a core memory, and it'll just move it.
Speaker 3: What I'd like to say, put it in the love bucket.
Speaker 2: And now those negative thoughts from that day they don't they don't.
Speaker 3: Show up anymore.
Speaker 2: It's because the subconscious mind's number one job is to protect us, and that's what it's trying to do. It's trying to hold onto that memory and scan constantly to make sure we never experience that negative that negative thing again. And so the beautiful thing is we can just go back and rewrite it. It's it's absolutely amazing and liberating.
Speaker 1: So this is what this is kind of, or the quote unquote therapy that you were working on, yes with that individual. And when you started to work with him, what did you start to see or feel or experience.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it was just literating because for a week at a time, the noises in my head would just go down to twenty percent and then it.
Speaker 3: Would come back.
Speaker 2: But when I started to feel that, I was like, I'm all in, I can't even afford to go to this guy, but I am going to keep going every week and I'm gonna keep doing this. And what happened was we worked through a handful of different types of modalities that he teaches and I got to learn a lot, right, And so I just kept going back and back and back. And like one of the early ones that was it was very small, because it sometimes it takes a while to get to the head of your stuff.
Speaker 3: But like compliments, I.
Speaker 2: Realized that whenever I receive a compliment, it would make me feel gross.
Speaker 3: It would make me feel like a fraud if they were giving it to me.
Speaker 2: And then if I accepted the compliment like it was a good thing, then I felt like I was you know, like the whole thing was just I didn't like a compliment. And so we worked on that one day and then I mean within two hours of me walking out of that session, somebody gave me a compliment and I was just able to say thank you, and I had no physical response to it, like I didn't get high low, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, wait, something is happening here.
Speaker 2: The physical reactions that I had in my daily life started going away, and I was able to respond to situations instead of having a physical reaction, and those physical reactions they're painful, right, And and that's where my life just changed.
Speaker 3: I just doub all in and about.
Speaker 2: I'd say three years into the process, I created my own writing exercise to do the same thing that we're talking about here, to make it very easy for anyone to do it. You know, you probably need to do it with somebody the first time or the set and first one or two times, but after that, anybody could do it for the rest of their life and never have to pay anybody to help them anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, let's as we let's talk about you and your program and this crazy Mike. I mean, your your story really is just amazing, amazing, you were, uh what's the word. I don't know if resilience sounds a little trite, but your your your strength right to come here through. Yeah, you're welcome to come through this, like Jesus. So, at what point did you get to the situation where you were like, I want to start helping other people? What did that look like?
Speaker 2: Man, I'll tell you what got Would you get to the other side of feeling how I was, and you get to the other side where you're living most of your days in a positive mind frame, where you feel like you can just sit in this chair and be happy and do nothing, not play on my phone. I could, I could just sit here and be happy for no reason. What happens is you start noticing all of the pain and everyone else around you. You start to see the hidden pain that I was hiding from, hiding from everyone for so many years. Now I could see it in everyone, and it was it was painful.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: That awareness that I gained was painful, And it's just a natural response. You see somebody broken down on the side of the road, A lady gets out to change your tire, like you've got to pull over there. It's just a just a reaction, and that it's just a reaction. It's just a physical reaction to seeing people in pain. And I know that I can help them, right, I know that could change that old lady's tire. I know that I could help.
Speaker 1: So what did you do? How did you talk? Walk us through you saying to yourself, I want to start helping other people. I want to put a program together. How do you what is it?
Speaker 2: So what I did in the middle of my journey with all of this, because writing was such a big deal.
Speaker 3: The first thing I did in my journey, it was I wrote a book.
Speaker 2: It was a golf book that I had helped somebody through a golf swing.
Speaker 3: But what it did is it also opened them up to a whole other world.
Speaker 2: So when I got to the other side of this after that golf book, which two people had read, but it was just a milestone for me. You know, it wasn't like a publisher to the world. It was just posted on Amazon and be done with it. And so I had the idea when I created my own writing exercise that I needed to write a book and share this with the world.
Speaker 3: And I spent about a year working on it and the book. I sent it to one of the.
Speaker 2: Most renowned editors in the in the United States and in London, and they sent it back to me. I paid them like five grand to review my book, and they said, Mike, your book's dead on arrival. And they said, you don't have an online platform and you don't have social media following.
Speaker 3: So I was like, Okay, put the book down, let's go be here.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take what I had in my book and let's create a program that's a great I I want to actually help people. So I start working hard developing a program, starting to organize things.
Speaker 3: All right, what do people need to do? First? Second, third?
Speaker 2: And all of a sudden, I had these beautiful people show up and they're like, Mickey, you're working on this program.
Speaker 3: What are you doing here? And I had seven people show up and want to take it.
Speaker 2: And it's it was they were they wanted to do it, like you can't help anybody unless they want to help themselves. And I had seven people randomly show up and want to take this program. So we worked through it, and with their guidance and everything, we went through it, and every single one of their lives changed. Two of them were on anxiety meds when they started it. Within two weeks of starting it, we're off anxiety meds. It's been a year and a half since then, they're still not taking anxiety meds.
Speaker 3: And so I'm just like blown away how this is all working.
Speaker 2: And I'm rearranging things because we run into some roadblocks and I get it all done.
Speaker 3: I posted last June.
Speaker 2: And now I'm in this marketing phase where I'm trying to figure out how to help people. But the what has happened with those first seven people changed my life. It's just like holy moly. And I've got video testimonies of how they all went through it. Some of them are teaching the same stuff now that other people. It's just that first seventh thing literally just altered my life in a way that, you know, just filled me up with love, and I just I can't wait to help somebody else.
Speaker 3: So now I take it to prisons.
Speaker 2: I take it to a handful of places that that people are willing because one of the one of the big problems I had gut in the beginning when I started doing this was I wanted to help everybody, and I realized that you can't help anybody that doesn't want, you know, doesn't want to help. So you know, that's when I started exploring, like you know, maximum security prisons and you know, these guys got nothing but time.
Speaker 3: Somebody in there has to want my help.
Speaker 1: So what's the program called.
Speaker 3: It's called Learned to Love Being You?
Speaker 1: Okay? And is it? What is it? Is it an online program? A video program? What? Okay?
Speaker 2: It's an online program with a bunch of power points where basically just we walk you through everything.
Speaker 3: It's very easy.
Speaker 2: You also get instructions like on paper, and then you get worksheets to walk you walk.
Speaker 3: You through everything. And then also once a week we have a group meeting where we can guide everybody through it.
Speaker 1: Okay? And who is it for?
Speaker 2: It's for anybody that's, you know, struggling with anxiety or depression. You know, at whatever level, you know, you're dead and everybody's different, but it's for anybody struggling with anxiety and depression.
Speaker 1: Do people get time with you during this?
Speaker 2: They can, Yeah, you know they absolutely can so uh and that's honestly the most beneficial way to work through the So everybody that takes it, I try to make time, you know, because I'm not trying to make money.
Speaker 3: I truly not I needed to make I need this course to.
Speaker 2: Be expensive, but I'm having people tell me to charge a lot more, but I'm just like, no, I want everybody to be able to afford it. It's five hundred bucks, but it gives you tools that you won't have to go back to the therapists anymore.
Speaker 3: You know. That's where it gets you. The cycle. Like we show up at the therapist.
Speaker 2: We go every week, and then you know, we're there twelve years later, and I don't know if we're better. We know more about ourselves and more educated, but we've not healed anything. And I think some I'm noticing that there's a lot of therapists that do a lot of good and they're using tools that are helping people in a lot of different ways. But I really want to see people go to the root of things and be able to heal at the core of where it comes from. And the voices in your head are coming from somewhere, right, and we have control of a percent of that, and we don't have to just settle like, oh, here's, here's a here's there's this negative thing that happened to me in my past.
Speaker 3: It doesn't have to haunt us.
Speaker 2: There's there's a there's a manual way to remove it, and there's lots of other modalities.
Speaker 3: And what I created isn't unique to me.
Speaker 2: The Buddhists have been doing this for twenty five hundred years, and there's all different types of ways to do this. You know, there's a d MR, there's hypnote therapy, there's there's a lot of different modalities that go back to the root cause, reframe it, remove it and it and then it stops haunting you.
Speaker 1: All right, Mike, how do people learn more about you and more about your course? It's the best way.
Speaker 2: Okay, So one thing, guy, I want to say thank you for having me on and I want to give your your uh, your audience a gift.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It just tells them on this process.
Speaker 2: And so the way you guys can find me is m would at or m would good mindset dot com backslash what a therapist?
Speaker 3: Right? Is that? What is in your name in your title of your podcast?
Speaker 1: Right, Uh yeah, trauma therapist podcast.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so backslash therapist. I got okay said trauma, but it's it's definitely therapist.
Speaker 1: So once again mwoodmindset dot com slash therapist.
Speaker 3: That's it, okay, and what it is. It's the first week of my program.
Speaker 2: You learn a bunch of manual tools to quiet your mind manually, and then I gave I created two breathwork exercises.
Speaker 3: Ones of grounding exercise get rid of a headache, and.
Speaker 2: The other one is the most powerful uh breathwork technique.
Speaker 3: That I've learned in along my way, and.
Speaker 2: It bubbles up all of your anxiety. For about the first ten minutes, you'll want to stop breathing and then all of a sudden, coom, it's gone.
Speaker 3: It's like a plane going through a cloud.
Speaker 2: And then you for the next twenty minutes you can't have a negative thought.
Speaker 3: It's the most amazing.
Speaker 2: Thing that I that I've that I've experienced by manually altering my state of consciousness.
Speaker 3: And it's I'm giving it to everybody for free.
Speaker 2: It takes about thirty minutes to do that exercise, but yeah, I just wanted everybody to have that for free.
Speaker 3: If you follow that link.
Speaker 1: Awesome, all right, we'll have that linked up here at the show notes page at the Trauma Therapist Podcast dot com, along with your website, learn to Love Being You dot com.
Speaker 3: That's correct, okay, uh.
Speaker 1: Instagram as well. Mike, you're a pretty amazing person. Your story is incredible and it's just so inspiring.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's it's so inspiring, you know, just to to from you from that image of you just as a young kid thinking what you're unlovable, you're not as smart as everyone else, on and on and on, yeah, to switching things. I think we all can just be so inspired by that. Loved it, loved meeting you.
Speaker 2: And thank you for spreading the word the way you do. Like I've listened to your show and it is absolutely amazing. You're doing the good work and every one of your shows is helping people find peace, and you were doing the good.
Speaker 3: Work, sir.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. All right, sir, we'll be in touch.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, take care