Speaker 1: Is there anything better in life than a great server? I mean when you go into a restaurant and they greet you promptly and they bring over your water, and they're like, hey, how you folks doing. My name is Bailey. I'll be taking care of you tonight. Can I get you started with some bread? Can you get you the mushroom caps with a cocktail? Anything like that, And they're prompt and they come back and they're energetic. Is there anything better than a good server?
Speaker 2: I like the servers who are good looking men who then like flirt with like a table full of like fifty year old women. They're like, Oh, someone's having fun tonight, and then all the women are like I like those servers a lot. I think those are cute and fun experiences.
Speaker 1: I just love what It's just the joy of a great server. And I would say most servers are pretty good. We were at I'm not gonna plug them because I don't want to sound like it was a plug, but we were at a like a nice dinner place on Saturday night after the movie, and the guy was just so enthusiastic and helpful, and you know, like I don't know, just he was great and he was fast, And there's nothing worse than a bad server or slow service. Because you go to a restaurant and you're there to like have a good time and enjoy your meal, and you sit down. The first thing you notice is nobody has paid any attention to you, and it's been fifteen minutes, and you're like, oh God, well is this the way the night's going to go. So then they come by and they're like, oh guy, hi folks. Yeah, my name's Bailey, me taking carry you whatever? Can I get you something from the bar? Okay, Y'll have a Cosmo and a Gin and Tonic. And they take forever, and you're like god. And then they finally amble by and they're like, okay, yeah, you guys ready to order? Well, fuck yeah, we're ready to order. Been sitting here since the Reagan administration. So you order and they're like okay, they write it down and they disappear, and then they know takes forever, So it's nothing. There's the joy of a great server, shout out great servers, and then the disappointment of a bad server with slow service.
Speaker 2: I saw a TikTok over the weekend that kind of went viral of this man who went to Red Lobster just like on his lunch break from work because he wanted this like fancy crab boil that they have, and he said he never had crab before. And his server like stood by him and like taught him how to like crack open all the legs and like get all of the meat out and like every single little thing, not just like oh, you just crack it. And then she was like, Okay, then you take this part off and there's meeting here, and then you take this part off and there's meeting here, and.
Speaker 3: Like whatever else you need, let me know.
Speaker 2: And he kept like stopping her and being like, wait, I don't know exactly how to do this, but she like walked him through this crab boil and he's like this serf like server of the year over here, because she was just this like nice middle aged lady who was the waitress at Red Lobster.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's awesome, Like we.
Speaker 2: Need to tell Red Lobster how do we get a hold of Red Lobster Corporate or whatever?
Speaker 3: But that that would be nice be one of those kinds of servers.
Speaker 1: I never had any seafood, even shrimp, until I was probably twenty years old. Really never had crab legs, never had anything, but you know, trout and flounder, halibu or whatever. And now I love the fishy or the bet. The more disgustingly fishy it is, the more I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a kid, I used to say I didn't like it, but I think I was just trying to be like quirky and different. I love seafood because I and I have a reason too. There's never a weird part in seafood as far as I'm concerned, like fish, usually because calamari is all like a weird part. But you know how like you eat steak and you get a like gristle or something, yeah, or a weird fatty part and you're like, I can't eat this anymore.
Speaker 3: Fish like a piece of salmon. There's never a bad part, never a bad part.
Speaker 1: Well that's kind of true. Yeah. Have you ever eaten fish and then realize you turned it over and you've been eating the skin of the fish as well.
Speaker 3: I thought you could eat the.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you can, but it's better to not.
Speaker 3: Oh no, well, I've eaten it plenty of time.
Speaker 1: It's up to you, so let us know. Great server stories, horrible server stories. Did you ever get up and walk out of a restaurant because the service was so bad? We were at seven one time downtown. We love seven seven, and they lost our reservation, so we met a reservation. We show up. They're like, we don't have you in here, but we can and seat you at a bar table. So they sat us at a table which was the most awkward table right inside the entrance. It was like by the coat rack and it was like and they brought us our drinks and they never came back.
Speaker 3: What the heck?
Speaker 1: So we ordered, you know, fifteen or twenty dollars drinks each and they never came back. And I said, we're fucking leaving. Yeah, And I said, if they call me and complain and say they try, I want to, you know, arrest me or whatever. I'll pay it, but I'm not going to sit here and wait because they never came back. So we drank some of our drinks and we you know what we did. I think we went to like the Macaroni Grill.
Speaker 3: Or somebody sings so Delicious?
Speaker 1: All right, emails here we go. This one says, I'm curious is the show or Dave sponsored by Netflix. Morgan says, I regularly hear recommendations on Netflix exclusive shows and movies, but I rarely hear from other services like Hulu, Max, et cetera. Netflix shows and movies have been recommended for the past twelve months, Ba Rained Here, Mennndes Brothers, Gabby Patito, Cobra, Kai You Love Is Blind, Adolescent Straw, and most recently, train Wreck Poop Cruise. If it is sponsored, it's very subtle compared to the holiday station store ads that Jenny does. Been a handful of times when Dave has hyped up something for me, only to be disappointed after watching it. Yet I feel like Dave and I have the same sense of humor, and ninety percent of the time I do like what he recommends. I love the show and listen every day. Honestly, I'm, of course not sponsored by Netflix Race.
Speaker 3: We were sponsored by Netflix.
Speaker 1: We create because that's my first I don't turn on local TV, I don't turn on Hulu, I don't turn on Max or Prime. My button, I turn on Power, which you don't even have to do. You can actually just push the Netflix button. That's my go to, that is my home screen, and you know, for me, to switch to Max or Hulu. I have to hear something recommended by you, So not you, Bailey, but somebody listening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I feel the same way like Netflix. In my little like list on my Roku of different streaming services, Netflix is just the first one, but like right now I'm watching The Bear and the Bear is on Hulu. So like sometimes if I am scrolling, like especially if I want to watch a movie or something, I'll go to Hulu or Prime because they have movies as well. But like, I don't know, I think it's the interface of Netflix. It's just so much I don't know, more like inviting and easy to maneuver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's categorized. Yeah, it's got little previews at the top, which is nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, versus Prime, which feels like I open up Prime and it's like, do you want to watch Shark Nato four? Like no, I don't want to watch Shark Nato four. So I feel like the algorithm of Netflix just gets me more and it just seems more inviting.
Speaker 1: I think they've done it right. They really have next one please don't say. My name's kind of long. And we'll see how this goes. I have not pre read it. I've been listening since I've been riding the bus in middle school. I'm thirty five now. I currently listen to every minute of the show and the Minnesota Goodbye via the app when I'm going about my day. Needs some help. I've been with my boyfriend for over a year. He is also early thirties. Love of my life. It's the healthiest relationship I've ever been in, and I've truly never been happier. The other day, he told me that he wants to sleep with other people, not now, but someday. He says, it's just something that he needs to do. I didn't know how to respond, at which he told me to take my time to think about it. We talked about it a little. He said it's not something he would like to do all the time, but maybe once or twice a year. He said threesomes are an option. Again, I don't know how I feel about that, and he's stressed that he had no timeline on this for himself. I don't know what to do, and I have no one in my life I can talk to about this. I want to be supportive of him, but how do I become okay with this? He and I have always had incredible communications. In fact, he said he was stressed for weeks about telling me. I'm absolutely certain he has never and would never cheat on me. I might sound naive, but I'm not. He truly such an amazing guy. I don't feel like he is pressuring me to be okay with this. I already told him that if it's between him being okay with this or breaking up, I would absolutely want to be with him. I never thought i'd be the kind of person that would consider this, but he has helped me grow and experience new things sexually. I know this lifestyle is for some people, but no one I know of personally, and I just can't get over him thinking of him making someone else feel the way he makes me feel. I don't know which is worse, if he becomes emotionally attached to someone else or just them for sex. Any insight you or the listeners might have would be great. What kind of questions or boundaries do I need to bring up with him? Thank you and dart lickety lick the girl with nonation. Yeah, I don't know. I think that if you ask some people who have an open relationship, they'd be like, yes, it's the healthiest thing ever. And I think other people just as many people or more would say yes, that led to unhappiness, mistrust, discussed, cheating, that type of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if that's like a route you want to go on, it definitely requires like a lot more you know, communication, conversation then, especially like communication wise, Like if that is a thing that you guys are doing, you'll have to like communicate constantly, because I think the thing that really does kind of kill it in the end is having an open relationship but not being honest about what it is that you're doing or what it is that you want. And I'm sure like a therapist would, like a couple's therapy would be helpful in any situation regardless if this is the path you're going down, but even more so because I think we're not like raise, like all people like raised in a world where that's a normal thing. So in your brain, your brain's like hardwired to be like this isn't normal, this is weird and different and wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So going.
Speaker 2: Through like therapy to like help you through it will I think make it easier to confront.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and I'm against it if you I have to go through therapy to be okay with it, then you're not going to be okay with it, right. That's just kind of what my conclusion would be.
Speaker 2: Though I do think therapy would would be an avenue to teach yourself about it. So maybe like becoming wiser to it will help you be more comfortable with it, because again, if we're not, like, if we don't come up in a world where it's a normal thing, then of course we're going to be like, I'm not okay with this, But it's probably just because we don't know about it, we're not informed.
Speaker 1: If I really loved someone intimately and I love that person and they are my person, and they came home from a weekend of banging some guy in still Water at the Lowell End and having a great lot of hot sex, I couldn't deal with that. I would be like, you know what, I'm sorry, but I would not want to be like, and it's not a physical repulsion thing like oh, I'm kissing you where he had just been, you know, having said whatever, it's just like it's just kind of repulsive to me.
Speaker 3: What if you're getting it too with somebody else.
Speaker 1: I had not thought about that one, but I would not expect her to be okay with that either. Let's say I said to Susan, Yeah, I want to have an open marriage, and I'm going to go to Stillwater and hang out all the weekend with Carrie at the Lowell End, and I'm going to come home and act like everything's okay, and you're supposed to ask me, how is dinner? Did Carrie have a good time? Right? No, I would not expect And that's just me. I don't know how it works. Maybe you have an insight on it, maybe you know something about it. I don't know any couples that have an open relationship that I know.
Speaker 3: Of, and I know plenty and they all see you really Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I have one friend and she's married, and they're both like dating other people and they talk openly about dates that they're going to go on okay, which again feels weird to me because that's not like a life that I have come up in. So it always feels so awkward when one of them she goes like, oh, I have a date tonight, and her husband's sitting right there, and I'm like, oh, he's right there.
Speaker 1: To me, that seems like it's unsustainable. I don't they even do.
Speaker 3: It for like a year. He married for about like seven Okay.
Speaker 1: It's been a year. I don't know. To me, it seems unsustainable.
Speaker 3: Because it doesn't because it's not normal for you.
Speaker 1: But it is not normal for me. I don't know. But but I don't think that humans are naturally monogamous. They're like, oh, geese date for life. Well, yeah, because they're geese. They don't have the thought systems that there's no geese porn. There's no gees.
Speaker 3: He's a body of sexy geese.
Speaker 1: Hees live about four years, we live seventy five years. We get tired of the same old sex. Okay, next one. Not sure, Angelique, right, it's not sure. If you can talk about it in the podcast are online because I was not sure what company Carson works for. I know he works in the music industry, but I don't know if he works for Live Nation. I will be listening as I always do, to the Morning show and the Minnesota Goodbye for any comments, Angelique, he does not work for Live Nation. He's basically an independent person. Right now, at this very moment, he is in Lithuania. He is touring with David Kushner, and it is I think coming up on the night time. It's they're about twelve ish hours ahead, maybe eight or ten whatever, so it's night when he's over there they do the show. I think today was their day off, so they went sight seeing and then cool. Yeah, it look cool. It's like old churches and castles or whatever. And then they usually go out. They go out to get you know, food and drinks and whatever. They don't go clubbing. And then tomorrow is a work day and then they get ready all day with sound check and food and hotels. And Carson is so funny. He's working with David Kushner. David Kushner loves golf. So Carson on his own volition made a tea time in every city they are in with David Kushner to play golf.
Speaker 3: Smart smart move.
Speaker 1: And I said, Carson, that is how you That is why you do so well, because a lot of people would have never thought about that one. And I said, will he play all of them? He's like, yeah, probably not, but I want to give the option. That is David stre release. He loves to play golf. So Carson looked up Lithuanian fucking golf courses.
Speaker 3: And who knew they were there too? Who knew they're everywhere? That's cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let me see if I got time for one week, I might have time for one more. Hold on, let's see. No, actually I'm out of time because the dog bit longer. I want to take my electric bike from Eric's bike shop out. I haven't ritten it in a couple of weeks because I've been either out of town or way too busy doing other things. So I want to take that out for a ride. What about you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nothing, really, Probably go on a walk if it's not too like disgustingly hot.
Speaker 3: Probably are we going in the plane this weekend?
Speaker 1: We might? Do you want to go on the plane this weekend?
Speaker 3: I got nothing going on this weekend? Okay, I might.
Speaker 1: I might well look at a time and see what's good time for us to go on the plane. I'm taking my friend Kelly, who is a cop, and her two rugrats up for a flight tomorrow, meet him up in a Noka. She's got two little kids. They've both been flying with me before, and so they are like, when.
Speaker 3: Is Dave going to take us up in his airplane?
Speaker 1: So we're going to do that speaking of airplane pictures, if you have not seen it, go check out the video of me and Alison flying every year annually for twenty nine years. I would have never ever thought it would last this long, but sure enough it has. That is it for the Minnesota Goodbye. Send those emails server stories. Maybe you got a story about a great server or a terrible server. Maybe you were a server and you walked out. Maybe you were a customer and you walked out. Send anything you want, any subject to Ryan's show at KDWB dot com.