Speaker 1: Hey, guys, it's Jack. I just wanted to talk to you today about a way that you can help support the podcast if you're not already to support the channel is to become a Patreon member. So we have Patreon memberships that start at just five dollars a month, and when you sign up, you get access to all of our episodes add free. That's the big bonus for that. I mean, we also do some Patreon bonus episodes for our subscribers, but this is the biggest and best way that you can support the Teamhouse channel and podcast if you'd like to, and we really appreciate that. So go and check us out at patreon dot com. Slash the Teamhouse, Special Operations, Cobert Ops, Spiona, the Team House with your hopes, Jack Murphy and David Bark. Hey, everyone, Welcome to episode three hundred of The Team House. Long awaited by us, maybe maybe not by the audience. I'm not I'm not totally sure about that. So this episode on the on the Anniversary episodes, we always do something weird or gonzo. This one, we're not going to do another twelve hour marathon session like we did last time. Yeah, it was a little nuts. So this is We're gonna play a Dungeons and Dragons game. I should take just a few hours. Thank you for joining us, and we'll jump right into it. So I'm Jack. You guys know Dave, you probably know Alana because she's been on the show before, and John joining us for the first time. Thank you for coming in. So you guys ready to jump into this game?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, but I also want to give respect where respect is due. Jack, tell us about this. This is not This is not a module you picked up. These are not this is not a kit that you bought, you know, for this module. Tell us a little bit about this game, please.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, So this is gonna be a fifth edition D and D game. And I made up this dungeon, like made up the concept behind it.
Speaker 2: And what's the what's the done? What's the campaign name?
Speaker 1: The campaign's name, The adventure name is balls Deep with an es yeah B H A A L S, which the nerds out there will know as the god of murder in D and D. But Ball's Deep was my campaign that I ran for the guys during COVID. They came up with that name and wanted to use it for something. So I'm trying to carry the legacy forward for those guys. So yeah, all the I painted all the miniatures. I made the dungeon from scratch, so it's all a scratch built dungeon. I was completely insane trying to attempt this and spent a ridiculous amount of time on it. But it came out looking pretty cool, I think so. But you guys can be the judge. So you want to jump into the game.
Speaker 4: Let's do it all right, So start out as it like a podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah we did, we did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the six people out there who watched it when you know that, yes, we started out as a as a D.
Speaker 2: And D podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the three of you gradually come to your senses and wake up. You can feel the grass against your cheek and on your hands. As you've become aware of your surroundings, you open your eyes. You can see that it's daylight out. As you begin to hear things, you can hear the cicadas and the bugs chirping in the distance. You start to look around and you can see rusty wrought iron gates, mausoleums, two doombstones, and you realize that you are in the City of the Dead, which is a ward and Water Deep where people are buried. It's where the cemetery is also known as kind of a place where you can get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for clandestine meetings or even just to take a picnic. As you struggle to your feet, the last thing you remember is a night of carousing at the Yawning Portal, a tavern in Water Deep. But at some point in the night, everything gets kind of like vague and fuzzy, and you're now waking up in this gated part of the City of the Dead. And as you get up to your feet, you notice that there is a woman standing just outside the closed gate. So before we move on, why don't each of you introduce your character, tell them who you're playing.
Speaker 2: I am Logan, but it's with an h. I'm very edgy. I'm a drow logan.
Speaker 3: The logan well, it's it's it's there. I think it's a it's there logan, but I will correct you if you say it wrong. No, but I'm a drought rogue.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming. Do well. Do we all know each other? Have we done? We've done bits together before.
Speaker 1: You might know each other?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah, I was hanging with my peeps last night.
Speaker 3: You know the Goody two shoes over there, and you know the wild woman here.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, so that's that's it basic. I don't have a huge backstory.
Speaker 4: My name is Rubinica, and I am a half elf ranger who I don't know. I don't necessarily come into the city much so, or the town or even the tavern very much because I generally prefer to stay away from all of that.
Speaker 2: But just kind of a hill.
Speaker 4: But we accept her, don't don't hate, don't hate that. Some of us have other things to do. But I do come in when I know that my friends are going to be around and hijinks are about to ensue. So and I have a little bit of a career as kind of a not I wouldn't I wouldn't call it a bad background. Like the stuff that I took was either a not nailed down or it was for a good reason. I needed food or someone I knew needed food or drink or some cash or something.
Speaker 1: That's a long and explanation to say you're a degenerate cut person.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't call it.
Speaker 1: John.
Speaker 5: Uh, well, you say, go to two shoes. The name I chose is or my name is Alaric Gilded Heart. I'm like a friends with that guy.
Speaker 2: I have no idea he keeps us healthy.
Speaker 5: I wiped the crust from my I was like, what do you two got me into this time?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Just looking like your average human here. There's nothing particularly noteworthy of my guys guild being Claric Gilded Heart. My background is help where I can do what I can to uh with what I've got, or if some team sometimes need to bend the rules to uh do good in the world, I'll uh uh. I believe my deity will be okay with that.
Speaker 1: Okay. So, as you guys are getting up to your feet and you notice this woman standing right outside the gate, she announces to you that her name is Martha dunvel Geld. Each of you wins at the pronunciation of this name, recognizing Lady Monster of Water Deep, a woman who a wealthy woman known to hire adventurers to collect monsters for her. She lets you know that you have been sealed inside this mausoleum complex with the gate, and she picked She had her scouts pick you guys up from the yawning portal. Last night, after assessing you as being suitable for this task to go into the crypt through the mausoleum and recover a catch of dragon eggs from her for her without her inside the dungeon. She knows that you're gonna need three keys to get into that final chamber, but doesn't know much more about the dungeon. Everyone else that she's sent in there so far has never returned, so as a kicker, she explains that you have four hours to complete this task before the poison, already running through your veins, kicks in and kills you. The antidote will be provided upon your completion of the do for me, I don't care.
Speaker 2: The world is gloomy enough. Play some smith.
Speaker 4: Don't cry your mass Carol will run.
Speaker 1: I love playing those characters that are like the Trent Reznor with a warlock cloak.
Speaker 5: I forget the a scar down your cheek.
Speaker 3: It's it's through the eye, through the eyebrown, all right, I mean it really hurt badly when I put it on.
Speaker 1: Just switches each sides each time you go out, All right, fellas, So here you are in the graveyard, okay, mm hmm.
Speaker 4: So there's I'm trying to see where she is.
Speaker 1: She's right outside the gate. Okay, you guys are locked in, and the mausoleum is you know, you can see the roof.
Speaker 2: I take it.
Speaker 5: Okay, in the corner there.
Speaker 4: Well, what else have we got? We got no money, we have no booze, we have no we got nothing. This guy doesn't drink anyway somewhere cross.
Speaker 2: But so aside from dying, what's in this for us?
Speaker 1: Nothing? Probably bu boy, you get to not die?
Speaker 5: Okay, So how about what are the other effects of the poison?
Speaker 1: There aren't any?
Speaker 3: Okay, death, it's final, all right, all right, So I'm gonna try to make like a persuasion role.
Speaker 2: And uh, persuasion. I'm gonna make a persuasion. I'm going to look, you're poisonous.
Speaker 3: Great, we'll go in. We'll get your eggs. But if you don't guarantee U something, we'll smash them. When then there when, while we're in there, we're gonna die.
Speaker 2: We're gonna die.
Speaker 1: She says, you can keep whatever treasure you find inside the dungeon.
Speaker 4: We see, now that's a little better. Has she ever been in the dungeon?
Speaker 1: I she may have traveled remotely to work a few times following some of the adventures adventures with uh reading spells.
Speaker 2: But we know this woman to be like powerful and like we know who she is.
Speaker 1: You've heard of her, you don't, You don't you've Yeah, you've heard of her.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, and she's above our above our probably yeah.
Speaker 2: Well fun, sorry kids.
Speaker 4: Well sorry kids.
Speaker 5: Can we ask any more specifics on the dragon?
Speaker 1: She uh doesn't know much more about it. She thinks that it's a young blue dragon, but that's mostly speculation.
Speaker 5: Okay, because nobody has come back.
Speaker 3: Out, right, let's just let's get this show on the road.
Speaker 2: Then we have four hours. We have all of our kit we have all of our equipment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing was taken from you.
Speaker 2: Okay something.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Well I stare at this guy and say, why God what?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: All right? So is there only one door?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can enter through the door on the mausoleum, go inside.
Speaker 2: Okay? Can I just go kind of around, not.
Speaker 3: Necessarily around where she is, Like I'm not trying to get out, but I'm trying to search around the gate, around like this whole side of the gate, the mausoleum side of the gate or fence, to see if it looks like there are any other entrances.
Speaker 5: Or expect Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you make a round around the perimeter of the of the fencing and no, it doesn't look like there's any tunnels or ways out.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, okay, check the check the doword to the mausoleum.
Speaker 1: It pushes open easily.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Inside you can see colored light coming through the stained glass windows.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna do a standard two by two. So since we've worked together, I'm I'm gonna assume that I as the rougue, also a drow with the dark vision.
Speaker 2: I'll take point. You'll like be there, and however you guys.
Speaker 4: Are, we'll guard the clerk in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, uh, do.
Speaker 5: Either of you have light?
Speaker 4: I do? I have I have for when we're in I don't want to necessarily call attention to ourselves yet, right, but I have I do have the ability to small not not keep casting like it won't catch other things on fire type.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just curious for those of us without the benefit of dark site dark vision.
Speaker 2: Okay, how dark is it inside the room?
Speaker 1: It's I mean a normal person can see outside. Fine, there's enough light coming through the windows.
Speaker 2: Through the windows. Okay, what's so before I enter.
Speaker 1: The mausoleum, though, I like look inside, there's a bunch of vaults where people are buried, and a door with a vault on the far side of the mausoleum.
Speaker 3: Okay, you mentioned earlier that like we know this place, we know that, like people come here sometimes hang out, Like.
Speaker 1: It's like you've walked through the ward a few times.
Speaker 3: Okay, does does this musleum look like it that people have been here recently?
Speaker 2: Does it look like it?
Speaker 1: No, No, it doesn't look like it's actively used.
Speaker 3: Okay, dust on the ground, any spider webs things.
Speaker 1: It smells musky. Inside there's mold and uh moss growing.
Speaker 2: The windows are they are they like? Are they broken at all?
Speaker 1: No, they're not broken. There there's actually colorful blue and red stained glass. Okay, who's mausoleum?
Speaker 5: This is?
Speaker 1: If you look around, uh at the the names on the uh on the vaults. Yeah, you can see that. It begins it's the mausoleum for one of the noble families of water Deep. There's you know, hundreds of them, and maybe half of those families have tombs in this ward.
Speaker 2: Okay. Also, I have dancing lines, so I can thank you whatever.
Speaker 3: All right, So I am, I'm just I'm gonna kind of check check the area.
Speaker 2: How how large is the mausoleum.
Speaker 1: It's about fifteen feet by fifteen feet okay?
Speaker 2: And there are are the crypts. Are they like laid out or they.
Speaker 1: They're in the walls on the side, and then there's the doors straight ahead.
Speaker 3: I'll just go around to like the left. And I'm not like being super cautious. I don't figure that there's a lot of stuff here, but but I am like just peering in each old Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can take a look. And there's a lever next to the door on the far side, right next to the door.
Speaker 2: The door we entered.
Speaker 3: No, No, okay, all right, hey there's a door here. There's a lever here. Do you want me to do you guys want to come over here? Do you want me to test the lever?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 5: Is the door open?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Does the door have a handle or anything like that? No?
Speaker 1: Just a lever.
Speaker 2: Is the lever in the upposition or down position or neutral positions in the position? Okay?
Speaker 5: So is it the only mechanism? Yeah, I figure before we do anything, we probably all want to be in the mausoleum.
Speaker 3: Either that or I can take a rope, tie it on, put it like stick a baton in the ground to bring it down back up, and then pull it to open lever with none of us in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll probably take like five minutes or so to engineer all that, all of.
Speaker 5: Our four hours.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Uh, yolo, do you all want to come in?
Speaker 4: And we may and it may not be for very long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're only living once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, may only be four hours.
Speaker 2: Guys want to come in? Or do you guys? Do you guys want to come in? Or do you guys want to stay out there while I do this?
Speaker 4: I'm in Okay.
Speaker 2: So are you guys staying on the far side though, right where we entered?
Speaker 5: Okay, I guess so the just inside the door off to the right.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I like, hey, guys, make sure you don't stand in front of any of the.
Speaker 2: Crypt Yeah crips.
Speaker 3: Okay, So uh standing off to the side of the door, make sure, like checking, make sure that there's nothing looks like it's a hole or whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna reach out and pull the lever, Okay.
Speaker 1: So when you pull the lever down, you're a click as something clicks into place, and a mechanical whirling sound on the other side of the wall, and the door opens up.
Speaker 2: It opens this right is it? What is it dark inside? Or what's it you?
Speaker 1: It's not super dark. There is light coming through more stained glass windows as it appears to let into some sort of crypt.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have I can actually cast a bit more light, like I can throw light a little bit.
Speaker 3: Whatever our stands show that that is what you see.
Speaker 2: Okay, what you have? You have dark vision too, though I do, but he does? How far? Yeah? But can she's from where she's at, because you'll probably like pie off the room, you know with your bow.
Speaker 5: I mean from right there you go, there is there's a corner before we go into the next room. I'm going to uh.
Speaker 1: You're you're in a hallway and you can tell it turns makes a hard right turn. In the corner of that hallway of that right angle, there's a statue and there's you catch a couple of rats scurrying across the floor as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, before we go ahead, before we.
Speaker 5: Go any further, we're just inside. So I'm gonna touch rabbinica and cast guidance, and I'll walk over to you by the switch and touch you cast guidance.
Speaker 4: There's some rats you can ask them what's going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Sure, I have basic basic animals.
Speaker 1: Do you need to you need to cast speak with animals.
Speaker 5: I'm not used to a little five either.
Speaker 1: It's okay, your your fifth level character and it's yeah. Uh, you cast a spell and it works.
Speaker 5: What do you say to the rat?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Animal friendship? Huh, we're friends.
Speaker 5: So hold on.
Speaker 4: The so I can speak. What do we want to ask? These delightful friendly rats? They ask me how friendly they are? What's it's?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: What I just get out? I can't see.
Speaker 3: So there's a statue down there. How far from the statue are we? And can we see what the statue?
Speaker 1: Each Each square on the dungeon four is five.
Speaker 2: Feet five feet, so it's fifteen feet away. Kay, that's that's the statue. That's not that's not the rat. That's the statue.
Speaker 4: Right in the front.
Speaker 2: Is that the big statue? What's the big statue?
Speaker 4: The little ones, the little statues.
Speaker 5: Here in the rat?
Speaker 2: Okay, what what is that big statue? The persons?
Speaker 1: You can make an investigation check or a history check, okay, or a religion check?
Speaker 2: Actually okay?
Speaker 5: So what do you want to ask? Who's that statue?
Speaker 1: The rat stands up on its hind legs and squeaks, and it says it's one of the human gods. He doesn't know the name of it.
Speaker 4: How long have you guys been around here?
Speaker 1: We've lived here all season.
Speaker 4: Have you seen any trouble other people passing through occasionally? Have you ever seen anybody come back this way?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 4: Hmm, that's gonna be great animal friendship.
Speaker 2: Can you like have the rat scout for us?
Speaker 4: I can get them to do like I can ask them, uh to like do things like see what's around the corner. There's very little. It's more that I can communicate with them. I don't have, like it particular persuasions.
Speaker 2: Like animal right right, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's more like we're buddies.
Speaker 2: Did you make a religionship?
Speaker 5: It was gonna but Rubinica, did you tell us what you heard from the rat?
Speaker 4: Oh? The rat knows the The rats have not they first of all, they don't know who the statue is. Here's ever seen that statue? Do anything else?
Speaker 5: Move?
Speaker 1: No, Dave, do you want to make a religion check.
Speaker 2: He's making a religion chick. I'm going to make an investigation check.
Speaker 5: Not great, six plus seven thirty No, yeah, six plus seven thirteen.
Speaker 1: Okay. The statue is of Sune, the Greater Goddess of Beauty and Passion.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's get it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her other name is the Lady of Love.
Speaker 4: Well, rogue, I do, I do, I do.
Speaker 3: I'm going to make an investigation check from from here, from where are we fifteen twenty feet away? Yeah, yeah, I'll make just for I know, I can't, you know, seriously. So it's five plus investigtion age of four eleven.
Speaker 1: And so from where you are, you're just checking out, see what's up ahead? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Actually, though I have guidance on me just so.
Speaker 1: The the one thing that you do find there, Dave, is there's a stack of documents in the windows still next.
Speaker 2: To you, and it's okay. And then when it's still right where the hole is.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, it's another stained glass window.
Speaker 2: How did the documents? How do they look? Which they looked at like they hadn't been disturbed in quite a while.
Speaker 1: They look pretty ragged.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, guys, there's some documents here.
Speaker 3: Can I read What's on like the top document without picking anything up.
Speaker 1: Yes, it says you know something about the Blacksmith's daughter. Appears to be one of the many smutty chat books that makes the rounds around water.
Speaker 2: Deep nice my favorite?
Speaker 4: Who left the documents here? I asked the rats?
Speaker 1: The rat has no idea?
Speaker 5: Well, the rats don't.
Speaker 2: Know, so so I check a couple more of the documents. Are they all of the same nature?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all cheap smut.
Speaker 2: Nice, nice.
Speaker 4: Charm.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm just if you, guys, how deep?
Speaker 4: How far has the how far the rats? How far have you guys gone into the dungeon beyond here?
Speaker 1: Not that far? But we go down to where the gate is.
Speaker 5: They go down to where the gate is, informing you, guys, what.
Speaker 4: Game are you're talking about?
Speaker 1: There's a gate and that leads into where all the bones are. We don't go in there.
Speaker 4: Do the the gate leads to the bones?
Speaker 2: Ask them if the bone is move?
Speaker 5: Do the bones ever move?
Speaker 1: We don't know. We don't want to know.
Speaker 5: That's fair.
Speaker 4: They do not want to know, do you what? How would can you describe the gate for me?
Speaker 1: Metal with holes in it?
Speaker 5: So that's how you can see the bones.
Speaker 3: Eh, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna move forward in stealth towards the stead.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and use your move your character around the around the dungeon.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So I'm obviously, you know, kind of watching out for traps, but I'm gonna move uh uh forward all right?
Speaker 2: Is there anything else in that window that I can find? Okay? Does the window open or is it like just a sealed window? All right?
Speaker 3: So actually, yeah, I'm gonna move forward, keep my eyes both on the statue and pieing this corner, okay, slowly.
Speaker 2: Pying it off slowly so that I don't get caught by anything.
Speaker 5: I loft my boy.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So when you look around the corner, you see this.
Speaker 2: Okay, And the rats the rats are not hostile?
Speaker 3: Are they ignoring us when whenever Rabbinica isn't talking to them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not really paying too much attention.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, Okay, do you see the gate yet?
Speaker 4: I don't see the gate?
Speaker 5: How far around?
Speaker 4: How far past.
Speaker 5: Where we are now?
Speaker 4: Is the Is this gate you guys are talking about?
Speaker 1: Not that far?
Speaker 2: Just down the hole?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Will you ask them if Bill, if they'll go down to the gate and just come back and tell us if there's anything between us and the gate.
Speaker 4: Right now, I can ask sure, would you guys mind uh scouting out the way for us? We've heard that there's especially because you guys haven't seen anybody come back. We'd like to be the first. So h have you got? Can you guys run over down to the gate and let us know if there's anything that we human types, us two leggers should be aware of.
Speaker 1: The rat looks at you quizzically says, do you have any cheese?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: When I have a pack? Let me see what I got. I probably do in my little explorer pack over here, usually carry some snacks.
Speaker 5: I can, I can?
Speaker 4: I can sacrifice a sliver of of this hard cheese.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the rat takes the sliver of cheese and slides it into his cheek and goes scouting around the corner. The only thing he really has as to report is that there is a very faint room etched into the.
Speaker 5: Far wall.
Speaker 1: Down around here.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're still around the whole way.
Speaker 1: It looks clear. It goes forward through a into a chamber, and then there's a gate, and then on the left hand side. There appears to be some sort of crevice, uh, leading to another chamber.
Speaker 2: For this statue. Is there an offering ball?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: But down at the feet of it there are like some coins and things where people have left this stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh decisions.
Speaker 2: Coins you say.
Speaker 4: We're not going to take, We'll take on the way out, on the way.
Speaker 1: Out, going for the collection on the way out, Uh.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to I'm going to try and.
Speaker 3: See if I can pie the corner enough where I can see the room without exposing myself, Like I just ask.
Speaker 5: Them to describe it.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 5: I could just ask them to describe it the room.
Speaker 2: Well, we want to get eyes on it right now?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So so can I come up to this corner and just like peek around and check out the run?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, make an investigation ship or make a yeah, a perception check perception uh? Or hold on one second, please, yeah, perception check please?
Speaker 2: Okay, some ship that is nine plus seven sixteen. Okay.
Speaker 1: So the run is a run of scorching ray. When you pass in front of it, it will briefly light up in a nozzle hidden in the wall will scorch you, guys like a flamethrower.
Speaker 3: Is the is the nozzle is a nozzle like set with the run? Or is the nozzle like does? Can I can I identify the nozzle?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know where the nozzle is.
Speaker 2: You can see the roun Okay, but.
Speaker 1: You you can because you can see the room, you can have some notion of what kind of trap it is?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, how is it?
Speaker 4: How is it in relation to that little indent in the wall that the rat was telling us about?
Speaker 1: Uh? That indent in the wall is further down the hole the area you haven't explored yet.
Speaker 2: Great, So hey guys, there's there's a trap up there. I guess I'll deal with it. So I'm going to I'm gonna try to come down the.
Speaker 3: This wall without crossing over and try to approach obviously the the rune coming this way, but also checking for anything.
Speaker 2: Else that might that I might not.
Speaker 1: Move at the minute.
Speaker 6: So sorry, mm hmm, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: While you're while you're skulking, I'm gonna take one of my very very small the smallest that I've got coins. I'm gonna drop that right in that I mean, it's I figured.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to cross the room though, because the room is down here facing this way, so uh, I.
Speaker 4: Can toss it.
Speaker 6: I've got some.
Speaker 4: I'm got half El Friggin's Ranger Bro.
Speaker 5: Dead shot.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I just want to take I wanna, I wanna. I'm gonna take one for this, I will. I'm getting interest back on it though. Well on our way out, so we all know, I'm gonna before you get too far down, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Well, wait, I'll let you do that first thing I wanna.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna toss a penny or a haypenny or a copper thanks, a copper into the into the bowl.
Speaker 1: Her offering goal lyric, Yeah you we vote coined down there by at the statue.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got.
Speaker 4: Plenty of my little explorer pack. Also like, uh, we weren't robbed in the cemetery.
Speaker 2: Uh uh yo it's guild and hard or gilded heart, gilded heart yo.
Speaker 5: G huh all.
Speaker 2: Right, Uh you know anything?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know, you're a holy roller, you know anything about this Let's chick.
Speaker 5: What's her name? Uh, it's sinnay Uh. She is the Goddess of Love and Beauty, also known as Lady of Something, whereas there's my note. Lady of love. Yeah, do I know anything more about her background?
Speaker 1: Or you're a cleric right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's also the guy of scorn, yeah, yes, yeah, Oh.
Speaker 1: She's the goddess of beauty in all its forms, be it sight, sound, smells, tastes, and feels. The experience of pleasure was the touch of Sune. She's the goddess of all love, including the more negative aspects like obsessions, murderous passions, and the tragedies that could be borne from love, but also deeper connections of matches destined and forbidden, as well as the transformation of ugliness into beauty.
Speaker 2: So she's she's a complicated woman.
Speaker 4: Do anything happened when I get the coin in the in her mettle basket?
Speaker 1: There, Sune is unmoved.
Speaker 4: Well do that? Or she's a gold digger and she really wants more.
Speaker 5: But it's been a good So nothing happened when you threw the coin? No, with with your good eyesight, can you tell what the coins are that we're on the ground already versus the coin you threw? That is a very good question.
Speaker 1: I mean I think you can see the coin that you threw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, uh, what are the other denominations. We gotta continue bribing the goddess of love.
Speaker 1: I mean there are silver pieces. There are dragons, which are the gold pieces used in water deep.
Speaker 5: Y out bid I only threw a copper?
Speaker 2: Are there? Is it? Just? Are there? Just coins? Are there? Like any types of like mementos like lace or flowers? Say to see if.
Speaker 5: We can get her to turn that fire off, because that'd be cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, does it? Does it look like there's an average? Like are the coins all stacked? They spread out? Their spread out, they're spread out. Uh, I don't know how much gold.
Speaker 5: I have, but I've got like fifty pieces.
Speaker 1: Maybe fifty pieces.
Speaker 6: I think, well, we're gonna.
Speaker 4: We're taking one to the team in the entrance anyway if once we're if we survive, quite frankly, other people have made it this far because the bones aren't until we get to the gate. I mean unless that the fire so hot their incenterates our bones too.
Speaker 5: But are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll just like crawl over avoiding the if I can, uh like crawl under it. Yeah, crawl under it and then crawl to the altar and uh.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 2: In terms of comparison with the dragons to the silver. Is there like more dragons? Is there more silver?
Speaker 1: It's just a mix.
Speaker 2: It's just a mix, all right, I'll not take I'll put ten gold.
Speaker 1: There, okay.
Speaker 2: Uh and a crawl back low crawl like sniper sniper crawl.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, you get back up to the room.
Speaker 2: Then, okay, oh because I went back. Okay, all right, So.
Speaker 4: I don't know what does the room look like?
Speaker 2: Uh, it's it's the run of scorching, scorching, right, So can I uh do you guys? Hey, guys, I think I should disabled this.
Speaker 5: That sounds like a plane.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're in it to win it, man, all right, Dave, you're gonna have to make an orcana check.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, I'm not. No, I'm not. Okay, So I'm going to So I have guidance on that I didn't use it. I'm going to use the guidance. Is that an next?
Speaker 1: That's an extra plus four?
Speaker 2: Okay? So my arcana? So my arcana.
Speaker 3: If it's if it's not a skill that I have, then it just has my intelligence modifier.
Speaker 1: Right, it should be right down here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's here, But I think it's just without when it's not so there's no modifier.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought it was just a plus one for intelligence okay eleven okay, oh no, no, no, I'm sorry nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh no, that fails to disable the trap.
Speaker 2: Okay, I only have a plus.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 4: Arcana also just yelled at our missing person like could have used the sorcerer right now, bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so there was nothing. So so there was nothing on that trap though that like my these tools or anything like that.
Speaker 1: It was. It was nothing mechanical, okay, okay?
Speaker 4: Uh uh heyin of plus seven to the Arcana.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I'm a uh. I can't figure this out. I don't know that. I don't see any holes. I can't figure it out. You guys want to come look at.
Speaker 5: This little gun? Is there anything I do to help? What do we what do you mean me to do?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know. It's just just this glowy thing.
Speaker 3: I know what it does, but there's nothing here to to to to stop it. H Can you guys come look at this, but but don't walk in front of it.
Speaker 2: Just come down this wall.
Speaker 5: Okay, So there a way I can uh look around?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, he's skulked over there crawling.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to crawl. The reason I crawled was because I went back to the statue. I walked down this wall like the roun is right, it's kind of center right, so the room is kind of centered this hallway face in that way.
Speaker 2: I just walked down this wall and sorry, I walk down this wall like this to the to the room.
Speaker 5: I'd like to follow h Logan's exact path and grab yourself and move your character where you want it, y solid, and move me up to the corner.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna keep an eye on that their statue. I just don't trust statue. I don't trust statues in dead places.
Speaker 5: All right, I've got your your men. Where do I go?
Speaker 4: Uh No?
Speaker 5: Just like right up to the corner. I'm gonna pull rear guard for you, that stupid statue.
Speaker 1: And then you're, oh you where am I You're You're there? Your your fingers almost on it there further down, further down.
Speaker 5: Stuck it? Okay, silly, you guys are tucked in a corner. If we can uh swap spots, yep. I try and take a look at it and see if there's something that jumps to mind as to what this it isn't how to deal with it? Just toss it?
Speaker 1: I can't okay, Yeah, you go ahead and make an arcana.
Speaker 5: Check okay, kh uh a nine.
Speaker 1: Well, at least do you have any any modifiers on your character sheet for arcana?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Plus I've rolled it two.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, that fails to disable the trap as well.
Speaker 2: God damn it, guys, uh yo uh.
Speaker 4: Uh you can call me ruby.
Speaker 5: I forget what.
Speaker 1: Myself?
Speaker 5: What is what?
Speaker 2: Befoah?
Speaker 1: Go ahead and was.
Speaker 5: Casting on everyone? You craft two? So that's an eleven?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: That that successfully disables the trap. The rune flashes blue and then just disappears.
Speaker 4: Okay, I guess I'll come down there then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, come on, but follow our path.
Speaker 1: So like you, Since you guys have moved down there, you can now see down to the right. Yeah, so you see down the hole. Uh down at the end, you can see a pillar of light coming down from an opening up above, lighting up the entrance to the catacombs beyond.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And there also appears to be some sort of a cave entrance over on the left hand side.
Speaker 4: What the rats we're talking about? Yes, okay, can you do me a solid and movement?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You want to come all the way down, or you want to post up on the corner.
Speaker 5: Oh, probably, I'm gonna post up on the corner, and then you guys want to come with us. Fellow rats.
Speaker 4: Good at skulking. We're good at skulking. We can skulk together.
Speaker 1: The rat's not gonna go beyond the gate, but he'll follow you around.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: Okay, have you guys been inside this cave?
Speaker 1: No, we don't go in there. It looks like it's packed full of spider webs.
Speaker 5: Spiders, I can talk to spiders.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stealth down. Uh what do I see on this wall here? Like I'm gonna this wall? Is that anything?
Speaker 1: But that's just a lantern that's lighting up the way.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there is light, m h, and there's there's nothing over here. I'm gonna hey, you guys want me to go look it out.
Speaker 1: You get a little used to like the terrain in the sense that like what you see is what you see.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: If it's there, it's there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna come down here. Does is the lantern? Me's just gonna check the lantern.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it fixed?
Speaker 1: It's just an oil lamp that's hanging on a hook, an oil lamp hanging on hook, So I can take it off the hook and yeah, your attention. Okay, you can take it with you if you want it.
Speaker 2: Okay. Is it the only light source other than what's coming in the windows? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay at this uh, and there's natural light coming down from the ceiling over in this.
Speaker 4: Area okay, above the cave or above the gate.
Speaker 1: Above this doorway right here.
Speaker 4: All right, there's natural light coming in from above the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So before going further recast guidance, Okay, I'm going.
Speaker 4: To I wouldn't get in front of the cave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, what's what I'm gonna do is take the lantern off and cover it with something so like a cloth or something with a cloth so that it's it's dark here. But I don't I don't want to snuff.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 8: And then in stealth, with the lantern in my left hand and my short so of my right hand, I'm gonna move over here to try to peer into uh that cave.
Speaker 1: Okay, you look inside and you see a small cavern appears to be like spider webs and stuff inside there.
Speaker 3: Okay, is the is the front block is like the doorway or the entrance. The entrance is clear, okay, do I okay.
Speaker 2: Let me look in there then, so spider webs, spider webs? Do the webs look any heavier in any particular part of the cavern?
Speaker 1: As I kind of poke that you can tell?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm gonna go back.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna move silently back to them, and I'm gonna tell you guys what I saw, all right, Okay?
Speaker 2: Also I have fire? How how much light is in that the cavern?
Speaker 4: Non?
Speaker 2: So it's just my dark vision that make now as me see it?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: But you have the lantern now, no, I.
Speaker 2: Covered it up.
Speaker 1: It's it's a water cavern too, is the other thing that you would pick up on as you can hear drips of water inside? Okay, you guys think I should throw this lantern in there?
Speaker 5: Uh? You said there's water in the cavern? It is it just coming from the ceiling or is it like dripping into a pool.
Speaker 1: You don't know, but you can hear drips.
Speaker 4: I mean, what what's your plan by throwing the lander?
Speaker 2: It's an oil lantern?
Speaker 5: Why don't I smash fire floor, burn up the webs? Spider webs. Okay, it doesn't sad. Did you see any spiders?
Speaker 2: Saw spider web?
Speaker 4: That doesn't sound like it might be a real good plan.
Speaker 5: There's smoke, there's fire.
Speaker 4: Where there's webs, there's spiders.
Speaker 5: Where there's a little gun with a lantern, there's fire.
Speaker 2: I mean you have like offensive I know that you played a heavy heel or a heel.
Speaker 5: I've got a couple uh that sacred flame as a cantrip guiding bold. I need to look that one up shield the faith defensive production from good evil defensive. I don't want to burn a higher level one.
Speaker 2: And then do you do we have the standard like to load down. I assume we have maybe a little bit of oil or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't remember exactly what's in my my pack, but I've got.
Speaker 5: You know what I do have. I've got like the.
Speaker 4: Sleeping mat that we're not going to use in the next four hours.
Speaker 5: Uh, I've got.
Speaker 1: We can I should point out it's more like three and a half.
Speaker 4: Three and a half hours. We haven't made a little faster.
Speaker 5: So my left arm is feeling a little funny.
Speaker 4: Here's this instead of throwing in our only light source, why don't we light one of these like pillow things that I got, toss that in make it a little you know what. No, I can just toss my little flame jabby in there, because it doesn't actually catch anything on fire.
Speaker 5: Well, the names of misnomos radiant damage, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's got damage in the no I can cast, but you were, it's not firefire, it's just lame basically.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like it's not gonna burn up the webs, but at least it'll show us. I think Logan wants to burn the list.
Speaker 4: I know he does. I don't like spiders much.
Speaker 2: Oh I hate spiders, you know that, que I like that.
Speaker 5: I mean, like they might be nice.
Speaker 4: How about this, Why don't we light up their world? I can check and see if they're friendly? Okay, all right, I mean it doesn't say what animals I can't I can and can't talk to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So uh all right, So uh so I'm gonna put a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna dump a little bit of oil like right in the doorway just because Yeah, a little bit of oil like right in the door across the thing.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, and then you can do your thing. Call out to your spiders, to your spider call.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what are we doing?
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna place a little bit of the lantern oil across the doorway and just like leave it.
Speaker 2: And then I think you're coming. You're coming down, and I.
Speaker 4: Can't actually cast anything on fire. All I can do is throw light.
Speaker 2: I've got the fire, I've got the fire cover.
Speaker 4: I don't know why you're doing that, all right, you in case they come out and attacks, because you're burning their house down the first.
Speaker 2: You want to talk to them, right, I'm just taking precautions.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Here's my sleeping that.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, I am just drop You just want to and come out. There's no hostage in there. We don't need to we don't need to stack on the door.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Here here's my sleeping that. You can grease that up lay in front of the door. Please don't burn down their webs.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm actually gonna what she gives me your sleeping Matt.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I cut it into strips, but and then put a little bit of oil on each.
Speaker 2: On each strip of it and just kind of stand by with it. So go ahead, hippie.
Speaker 4: Nothing catches fire. It doesn't even generate.
Speaker 2: Them.
Speaker 5: Logan has all the elements ready if and when he needs them. All right, wait, but he's not destroying anything.
Speaker 2: This basis on you and it will.
Speaker 1: Uh so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm kind of set up a little bit of oil across the door. Are you gonna try and like do the animal for interesting?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna. I'm gonna make every effort to uh.
Speaker 1: So you would have to. You have to go in there and actually identify any animal to try to speak to.
Speaker 4: All right, I have my palm.
Speaker 1: So we're down here.
Speaker 5: Fire because it it's produced.
Speaker 4: Flame is the name of it.
Speaker 1: So you do have fire.
Speaker 4: I have produced flame.
Speaker 2: It's tiny, it's we that's wheel. Okay, So why do I hang out with you?
Speaker 5: My left pinky is now feeling funny? All right? I produced flame. Uh So I am not a threat to the to uh these guys that can stay in my hand.
Speaker 4: I approach. I avoid the oil soaked rags.
Speaker 3: That are now I have the only oil that's there right now is is across the threshold.
Speaker 4: That's where I'm going.
Speaker 1: So we're moving you in wards.
Speaker 2: Just in I.
Speaker 1: As you step inside, you see a couple giant spiders the size of dinner plates kind of scam and try to move deeper into the shadows side.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they don't, I understand you, guys, don't necessarily dig your light.
Speaker 1: Your light also catches a glint of something in one of the spider webs.
Speaker 4: I would like to know what that something is first, I'm going to ask.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, you can try to ask. But these are monsters, so you can't speak to them.
Speaker 4: No, I did not pick up that that particular language skill, all right. In which case, guys, there is something shiny in a web. Can't quite make out what it is. I think my produced flame only lights up. I think it's very small. I think it's like like twenty feet or something. Well, twenty feet might be enough if I can see any closer. Can I see any closer to identify.
Speaker 5: What that is?
Speaker 1: For I have like a investigation check?
Speaker 5: Oh fabulous, I actually have a pretty good investigation.
Speaker 3: Well, she's looking at her, she says, I mean I can see anyway without her light. But how high are the ceiling is covered in web?
Speaker 1: I'm just covering your backsis the ceiling is like maybe fifteen feet high is your covered webs or what webs? And stalagtites.
Speaker 4: Well done? They are stalactites four, but I do have a plus eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you can see tangled up in one of the spider webs is a gem of some kind. Here we go right over over here in the web.
Speaker 2: We'll see if it stays there.
Speaker 1: Maybe no, but it's over there in the web across the room, and you can see the Also, the spiders are kind of working around.
Speaker 5: Too, around the up on the walls.
Speaker 1: Okay, actually i'll put them.
Speaker 5: Well, guys, we've got some uh dinner plate size.
Speaker 4: I don't like the in the stride right shoe box there the h Yeah, so far we've got uh some dinner plate sized spiders.
Speaker 5: We've got a gem, and the spiders are.
Speaker 4: Look like they might be protecting said gem, and I can't talk to them, so they are unlikely to be uh they are they are not your They're not the spiders I would find out in the woods where I make my home.
Speaker 5: So mkay, I.
Speaker 4: Can about as close as I would be able to get would be the I'm not gonna like shoot at any monsters with my Oh, I've only got like twenty in my quiver and I've got to go get them, but I might be I'm astray. No, it's not really worth it.
Speaker 2: Let's let's just burn the world down.
Speaker 4: You want to light some dinner plate size monsters? How many spiders are there?
Speaker 1: Three that you can see?
Speaker 5: Three that we can see? Are we all in the room yet or we are not?
Speaker 2: I'm not in the room, you're not. I don't think she's the only one in the room.
Speaker 5: I'm the only one with balls here in balls Deep, and we've made it to the point where that you're welcome.
Speaker 2: She's like Seal Team six, only because I.
Speaker 5: I didn't talk to it.
Speaker 4: I mean I can talk to seals.
Speaker 5: So, uh, what do we uh? What are we think?
Speaker 4: And how am I gonna get this? How am I gonna go check out and see what that thing is?
Speaker 5: Before the three spiders.
Speaker 4: Want to do? Does anybody would anybody like to come in here with me?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Uh no, it just come out. The gem won't burn. Let's burn it all down.
Speaker 5: There is a logic to what Logan is saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, they're a monster. I don't really care about them. Do I see anything else? Any anything behind these webs?
Speaker 1: I'm you know, you're you're light glints off a few other things. They're deeper in the webs. Hard to tell if it's glass or metal or what, But there doesn't There do seem to be some items scattered around inside the cave. But that big honking gem is the one that stands out for.
Speaker 5: You around the corner behind me.
Speaker 4: It's a gem. I know you want it.
Speaker 2: I want it, but I don't want to get dead. I hate spiders like that.
Speaker 4: They are not real spiders.
Speaker 5: If that helps, all right, Well, at least you're in the doorway, Thank you, coward, I'm My suggestion is, let's commit to plane of action. How about this.
Speaker 4: I will sacrifice one of my arrows if you would like, so we can actually make a targeted strike instead of just chucking your.
Speaker 5: Makeshift napalm.
Speaker 4: Makeshift napalm using my sleeping bag. Might be the only one who packs shit to.
Speaker 2: But I like to be cozy at night.
Speaker 4: Why don't how about this, then, instead of burning the place down and angering the spiders, why don't we fashion a rope of sorts, a last of the gem pulling out here.
Speaker 5: We went engineering one of us has a rope.
Speaker 2: No, we didn't know, Yeah, I mean I'm a rogue. I have a rope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 5: Huh not saying what for? Well does that?
Speaker 4: Does that?
Speaker 5: Still?
Speaker 2: If we get you think you can a gym out of the out of a website, do we.
Speaker 5: Children? We need three keys. We need to find this dragon with a clutch of eggs. Let's make it. Let's make it a thing. I think we're doing this.
Speaker 4: You want to burn it down. I'm getting out of this room before you guys burn it down. At some point, my my uh personality is going to turn into a I'm saving my self champs. That's what chaotic neutral does. I will sacrifice certain things for my friends. But yell are being dumb.
Speaker 5: So if we don't do this, the kids of the orphanage are not going to get my help this weekend. I need to get through this.
Speaker 2: Let's do this, Okay.
Speaker 4: I already paid I already paid money to get this.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Okay.
Speaker 3: So the first so I unquot or take the reveal the lantern, use a bit of cloth to light the doorway, and then start lighting the strips and chucking them in as far as I can.
Speaker 2: He says, Oh, you don't want to use your arms.
Speaker 4: I mean I can for one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if there are any rocks, then I'll then I'll like, i'll, you know, to give to give the strips some weight, but can we take off the wall. So I'm going to whatever I can see. So if I have like four strips, I'll throw them disdirection. Sorry about that, Sorry about that?
Speaker 4: Oh shit, sorry breaking the rest of the dungeon.
Speaker 3: So I'll throw them disirection, disurrection, distrection, kind of equidition.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you light the webs aflame and uh these spiders go scattering around and that's when a phase spider transports right down in front of you guys, and then in and out into the hallway. Okay, excellent, So go ahead and roll for initiative.
Speaker 5: There we go, first of evening.
Speaker 6: God damn it.
Speaker 2: Says it was gonna tax us anyway. Uh so yeah, So.
Speaker 3: Initiative is is your dex your that plus your dexterity monica right believe?
Speaker 1: So yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sweet, because I got I got me some sweet dexterity bitch.
Speaker 1: What uh okay, initiative, what do you guys got rolled twenty t twenty?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, I got an eighteen okay.
Speaker 2: Plus three to twenty one five plus four nine.
Speaker 5: John ten plus one eleven. I'm good being in back.
Speaker 1: Uh Okay, I rolled a eighteen, so alana, or I'm sorry, I rolled a sixteen. You rolled an eighteen, so you go first.
Speaker 4: Huzzah great the person who didn't want to be in this situation.
Speaker 5: Mh.
Speaker 2: The world is a nightmare.
Speaker 5: No, it's a vampire. I believe.
Speaker 4: It depends on if you ask Billy Corgan.
Speaker 5: Attack by h.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess I may as well just do it. Let's see what they got. You may as well just shoot some shoot an arrow at it, and you know what, I got a little bosta.
Speaker 3: How how how where's the spider compared to us? It's out in the hallway right right.
Speaker 4: It turned out and went in the hallway.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 3: We're all out. I mean we're all out. They're all outside. You guys are outside because we lit the thing on fire. So the thresh the doorway is burning. I don't know where you have your dang, but anyway, okay, so yeah, you have your bow.
Speaker 2: Staff in your bo.
Speaker 4: Yo while I'm doing this, Why don't you just go get that in gym?
Speaker 2: It's all on fire.
Speaker 4: Oh that's that's your fault. All right, I am. I'm gonna shoot a bow at it.
Speaker 5: Half Wait how far away am I?
Speaker 4: Because I can either because it's a short bow.
Speaker 2: So it's not might be a point blank shot, though I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at where your miniature is in relation to the spider. You're like probably five feet away.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And if it's a point blank shot and you don't have the skill or the feet right, then it's it's a disadvantage to make your attack.
Speaker 4: All right, I am going to throw I'm gonna short bow.
Speaker 5: Backs if you hit a car short bow.
Speaker 1: Eight that's interesting.
Speaker 10: Just put your uh your weapon modifier. It's should be right, should be right up here?
Speaker 5: Oh you have straight I have his unarmed strike? Is that my short bow?
Speaker 2: Short? You have it there? Where? Where does where your weapon? It should have like your it should be like this right? Oh? This puts your disposer with your where your boat should be? Uh?
Speaker 4: I guess I don't have what's going on?
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, you miss the spider's going he is going to make a bite attack against John who's standing right there tasty in the doorway natural twenty. So I take it that's a hit.
Speaker 5: My c is probably not my Yeah, my's eleven.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh four points of piercing damage. Uh, and make a constitution saving throw for me, please?
Speaker 5: Okay, it only strikes him my cons plus two sorry broh Uh templus two is twelve?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Okay you pass? Uh so you don't take any additional poison damage?
Speaker 5: Oh good?
Speaker 1: Oh wait a second?
Speaker 5: What row?
Speaker 1: Oh you take half the damage on a.
Speaker 2: Save?
Speaker 1: On a save? Yeah, okay, it's three seven, five, four eight So yeah, so uh nine nine points of poison damage? How did three and seven have seven, eight, nine ten?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm maybe no?
Speaker 1: Oh because yeah, it's for four D eight and I just rolled twice instead of four times.
Speaker 5: Gotcha? So you said nine points? Yeah, okay, noted?
Speaker 1: Uh okay, and the phase spighter then uh phases in and out of the ethereal plane disappears and reappears over here.
Speaker 5: And now it is.
Speaker 1: Date's turn. Oh no, I'm sorry's John's turn.
Speaker 2: No I didn't mine was low? Oh okay, yeah, you roll higher than it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna cast Sacred Flame sixty foot radius instant after two D eight radius damage as a deck save.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Spider has to make a deck save. Yep okay.
Speaker 4: Plus two.
Speaker 1: Fourteen, and that's against my decks?
Speaker 5: Sing it quick? Fun which sheet is it? It's one? Yeah, well it's that's that's helping not so much. Fourteen. I've got a thirteen dexterity. So it passed. I guess. Let me just double check it for this by half. It's like there's fewer rules.
Speaker 4: There's fewer rules, and.
Speaker 5: Turk them to succeed on deck saving throw balls. Nothing.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Uh so the spell failed.
Speaker 2: It wasn't against your decks, was it?
Speaker 5: Or? No?
Speaker 2: Wisdom? Right? Is it saving throw? But it's a what's it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: What's their decks against my? What?
Speaker 1: I don't know what the what the DC is?
Speaker 2: Fore?
Speaker 5: Uh? Sacred flame, I'll tell you. Didn't say it doesn't say what? Just make a deck saving throw of what.
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 5: That's all the rules says.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's against your spell saved DC.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing I can think.
Speaker 5: Of because against my decks or my my spell.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we're gonna move on. David's your turn.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, uh is it?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 2: All right? I'm just gonna I'm gonna stab it.
Speaker 3: I think if it's away from the other two. It's a way from the other two right now, right, it's close, it's not right next.
Speaker 2: To one of them. Okay, I'm just gonna I'll attack it twice, uh with my action and my honors action for.
Speaker 1: Make your two attack rules.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Short sword Uh twelve plus seven nineteen.
Speaker 1: That hits and then just roll again, yeah to attack.
Speaker 2: And then four plus seven eleven that does not. Okay.
Speaker 3: So six plus four piercing. Uh, six plus four piercing two plus four is six.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you stab the fave spider takes six points of damage. The thing squeals and bears its fangs at you. Uh, Alana, We're back to you.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm I'm I'm just gonna. I mean you just what stabbed it? Cool?
Speaker 5: Because I am just going to quarter staff.
Speaker 4: Let's see. I if you hit with the quarter staff, I can force it to make a con savings.
Speaker 5: Throw at leaves.
Speaker 1: So okay.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna use some of my martial skills over here and swing because I am I think I'm within range.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm actually closest to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 4: I swing, I aim for the place where he just got the stab wounds. So that I can see if I can actually bludgeon right on in there and cause more damage to the wounds, open up that wound a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, and.
Speaker 5: Mother, I got it too. There's like nothing that's gonna save.
Speaker 4: Me on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that's a miss. Yeah, okay, the spider is going to attack you, Alana this time around cool twelve? Does that hit?
Speaker 4: Does that hit on?
Speaker 2: I mean, like armer class? What's your armor class?
Speaker 4: My armor classes? Shit, I'm ranger. Oh no, I'm a thirteen at least.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it misses you, John, Okay.
Speaker 5: I think I found it. I can use my wait wait wait no, I have a giant killer.
Speaker 4: When a larger or larger creature within five feet of you hits or misses with an attack, I can use my reaction to attack that creature immediately, provided I can see the creature.
Speaker 5: Which I can.
Speaker 1: This is a large monstrosity. So yeah, so I'm in Okay.
Speaker 4: Uh this time, however, uh no, you know what I'm going for, the same thing. I think it was a good I think it was a good run. This time. I got an eleven uh plus.
Speaker 5: Your attack MODI plus my attack modifier, which.
Speaker 2: Tickstiry is right. I don't know if it's Stickstiry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I have strength strength strength is.
Speaker 1: So what's your total?
Speaker 4: Thirteen?
Speaker 1: Okay, that hits roll your damage.
Speaker 4: It's party seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. So you hit the spider and like some blood comes out of its abdomen. Looks like green toothpaste. Okay, the spider went and missed you, hones. So John, you're you're up.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm gonna try it again, Sacred Flame. I figured out the DC math.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool.
Speaker 5: Um eight.
Speaker 1: Eighteen definitely hits.
Speaker 5: Um and it's got to do U DC save against okay, eight plus for fishing bonus plus WHI was the modifier. So that's eight three three fourteen, so DC fourteen to save.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: This is a constitution dex. Okay, so I got a four.
Speaker 5: So it's a hit. Yes, okay, so it's two D eight radiance damage.
Speaker 1: Roll up your damage.
Speaker 5: That is a five.
Speaker 1: And a one six six total yep, okay, okay, you blast the spider with radiant energy. It looks pretty pissed at this point.
Speaker 3: Dave, you're up, okay, So a lot is right next to it. Shoot up with the staff, right, so I don't need advantage to get.
Speaker 2: My sneak attack. Uh so I will.
Speaker 3: You, I will, you know, with my short sword and and my dagger because I could do will again bonsation. So short sword is eighteen plus Okay, you hit?
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 3: Said, I'm not sure if let me figure the damage for that first. So it's my sneak attack is sorry, it's one D six plus four and then I think three D six because I'm a level five right local five.
Speaker 2: Three six, sneak that three six?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So go ahead and roll your damage.
Speaker 2: On six plus four plus three. Are there more D six?
Speaker 1: Yes, I have a shitload here.
Speaker 2: Actually, let me do that. I got three. So the initial one is five plus four is nine.
Speaker 1: Just give me the total, okay, uh.
Speaker 2: Four right? Four five nine eighteen?
Speaker 1: Okay, that kills it. Spider who turns upside down with his legs crinkled inward and dies, perishes a terrible death. I'll just move them out of the way for you. Meanwhile, the fire has burned up and killed all these spiders that were inside here.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, shall we go and get that.
Speaker 5: Let's go get that jab search the room.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see here, you guys, search the room.
Speaker 2: You find a.
Speaker 1: Potion of greater healing. That's the second one up right, forty four or superior healing. Which one is it? It's a four D four? Hey, okay, alright, you find one of those. You find two hundred gold pieces kind of scattered around inside the webs. But most importantly, you find this gem about the size of a fist, and it has a square on one side jutting out as if it fits into a socket or something like that.
Speaker 4: Might be number one or that might open this door in front of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so there there's We searched the room, nothing else, right, that's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hey, guys, you wanna didn't we never really took a good look at the statue right close to see if there might be a slot in it.
Speaker 4: We know, we didn't. We didn't really check it out.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go back to the statue real quick and just check and see if there if it looks like there's a slot for this gem.
Speaker 2: No, there is, okay, all right, so back to the gate then, all right, Uh check the gate?
Speaker 1: Which gate?
Speaker 5: The yeah, so gate the rats won't go past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how you're you're you look through the entrance. Uh, and you see the gate is beyond it's a porticulis the metal gate with holes in it that the red described.
Speaker 2: Uh hey, hey, how's your health?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: It's uh uh, you're gonna need that.
Speaker 5: I'm still walking. Uh. I was down on nine. I was I've got written down, but I'm down. You want the potion, that's the question. What do I need it right now? I'm down thirteen forty four?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I would really like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, it's a yeah forty four healing potion when whenever you want to use it, I.
Speaker 5: Think now it's probably right. Yeah, go for it. And neither of us took any damage.
Speaker 1: You just roll it up and add it to your hit point total. Okay, what are you guys up to?
Speaker 5: Check out this? Check out the well? This is a doorway, but no door.
Speaker 2: There's a light coming down, right, Yeah there is.
Speaker 1: If you look up, it's like it's a rocky kV exit. You really can't tell. Is it like a hole in a pasture or is it a well?
Speaker 2: But there's natural song, it's natural light.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I'll search before like I'll search the area in front of it for traps.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to enter the light, but I'll check it for any kind of traps.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and make like an investigation check.
Speaker 2: My investigation post floor. Can I make a perception check for that? Or you make a perception check six plus seven thirteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, you look around and you don't see any traps or.
Speaker 2: Anything like that.
Speaker 1: You know, you notice that the walls are starting to become some of them are still blocked, some of them are rocky. There's roots growing down from the ceiling and from the walls, so you're not that deep underground. And then you can see into the ante chamber beyond through the doorway and you can see the porticolis in there. The floor has like a mural. It's very elaborately designed, but it's not trapped.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, old you know what that mural is?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: What do I see the mural so far?
Speaker 1: Like the murals on the doorway and the floor and stuff like.
Speaker 5: That of this this gateway here, just yeah, without before I do the investigation or one of the skill checks, what what does it look like to me at face value?
Speaker 1: Exactly what you see?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: You see what you yeah? Well, then let me take a look at that. What of that's history or religion?
Speaker 1: You can make a religion or a history check.
Speaker 5: Here's fine, a religion check, okay, on fully healed up. By the way, Uh, that's a nine plus seven sixteen.
Speaker 1: So you're not entirely sure, but you think that this is a pretty uh obscure pattern, not commonly seen. You suspect that this is depicting the seven Lost gods from ancient times?
Speaker 4: Is one of those lost gods?
Speaker 5: Girls?
Speaker 2: Are the lost gods? Is that a common myth? Or is that just more like a religious scholar would know about him.
Speaker 1: A scholar wouldn't know details of it. Maybe you know, as a common person, you might know that there are these lost gods from ancient times.
Speaker 2: No one really, No, it's like Greek mythology.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really matter if I want.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna move forward into that area and check it out before they come in.
Speaker 5: Do we see? Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Like, is there any obvious place to put this?
Speaker 2: No? Okay, did the portoclus have? Can I determine how it opens?
Speaker 1: It doesn't appear to be any manner of opening it. It's just sitting there in the downward position. Okay, there's no I mean, there's no like lever.
Speaker 3: There's no mechanism or anything like that, and there's no place to put the gem that we can see or anything like that.
Speaker 5: Should we see how our combined strength is here?
Speaker 1: Okay, make a strength check?
Speaker 4: When are you at strength?
Speaker 5: Not a lot?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm a wee baby, I got a twelve. Never know, well I did this roll in eighteen okay, plus two.
Speaker 2: I'm of no help.
Speaker 1: Three Okay. So the druid gets in there and pulls the portaculis up up and presses it overhead and holds it up in the upward position.
Speaker 5: Let's go, boys, you've been working out.
Speaker 4: Let's go boys.
Speaker 1: Move it, uh and move. Let's move your miniatures in the position all the way down.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll lead the way to you know, to your obviously searching the whole time that we can use to.
Speaker 4: Prop this thing up or am I gonna have to do this on the goddamn way back the portocol so that we don't have to do So that I don't have to, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, if you have, if you have a staff or something, I mean, you can try to leave.
Speaker 5: My quarter staff.
Speaker 2: I don't think we have anything.
Speaker 4: I'm just all right.
Speaker 5: We'll hope for our best.
Speaker 1: So you're you're going to move inside and set the portucolos back down.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Can somebody check the walls behind me? Do me a solid while I'm holding this thing up for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure to search in the area for traps.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going to move you.
Speaker 5: Guys inside then, because maybe the lever was on the other side of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is there a lever there on the other side.
Speaker 1: No, there's no lever, and it's not it's not locked. It's just the heavy gate in the downward position, and you lift it up. And now you guys have really moved beyond the crypt, deeper into the dungeon and entered the catacombs, and you can see the catacombs and the skeletons and all kinds of ship in the walls. There is a doorway on your right hand side down the hole, and there are two doorways out on.
Speaker 2: The left hand side over here.
Speaker 1: Okay, open. There is a torch hanging in the wall down here that kind of illuminates the hallway a bit. Okay, maybe I should Yeah, you can see down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna real quick. How many feet is that? Sixty six seventy? I think that my night vision is one hundred and twenty or dark vision one hundred twenty.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna look down in the end the hallway and see if I see another rune or anything like that, anything else that looks like, you know, it may be a trap facing us on that far wall.
Speaker 1: Okay, making a perception check.
Speaker 2: How far down is the piece of the torch fifteen plus seven?
Speaker 1: Okay, No, you don't see any traps or anything like that. There are some bottles, odd looking bottles and urns on the side of the wall over here, Okay, you can see some. There's some more murals down at the far side of the hallway, okay, and somewhere like it's not in this hole directly in front of you, but you can hear somewhere deeper in the dungeon. You think you hear something like moaning or smacking its lips, some sort of weird sound a little bit deeper into.
Speaker 2: The deeper Okay. Do we all hear that or do I just hear it because of the person you hear it? Okay? Your uh, hey, guys, something sounds hungry down there. You're hungry or horney, I can't tell which.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're not a bard.
Speaker 2: It's the temple of love. And I'm gonna search these like, uh they're not crips? What are they when they're in recessing wall? Anyway, I'm gonna search those real quick for trap cent treasure.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, these ones you find skeletons, and you can find like some like rusty old old weapons, but nothing that's really useful.
Speaker 2: How big is the largest weapon?
Speaker 1: A short sword?
Speaker 2: Okay? Uh so about two feet? He says, left the lift the portoclose again.
Speaker 5: You know that took me at eighteen before. Yeah, now I got it two you fucked.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll try and left it.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Can we can?
Speaker 5: We all help you?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Let's go together like combine.
Speaker 5: As if we were a team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, together YouTube guys, lift the portacolors.
Speaker 2: And then try and watch the short short under there. So at least we have like two feet of clearance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there you go. You jam it in there and it's yeah, it's halfway open.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, cool, all right, you guys want to check this first door first?
Speaker 4: How far in is that moaning coming from?
Speaker 3: It's around the corner. I don't know where it's at, but it's not like it sounds far away.
Speaker 4: All right, check what's in the doorway and number one yep?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Uh search the door for chaps quick, and then does e does the door have a lock or anything like that.
Speaker 5: Mechanism?
Speaker 1: First, So you're coming up to this door here, correct, Yeah, I'm I'm number.
Speaker 3: One or I?
Speaker 5: Oh do you want me to.
Speaker 4: Head in there? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, open the door and look in before before I go in.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, the door is not locked. You want to open it up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to open up the door, so be careful.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna stand somewhat behind you with bow ready.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you gaze inside. You see another mural, rocky wall, a couple of pillars on the far side, and.
Speaker 2: There is your lighter that he aler can see. Okay. So it's a dark toler.
Speaker 1: And there is this carrying crawler that comes scooching towards you.
Speaker 2: Okay. Uh. So it sees us.
Speaker 1: You that you when you open the door.
Speaker 2: H h. So there's there's a carrying crawler in there, because I don't know if you can said.
Speaker 5: Or not carrying. What's a carrying crawler?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, a carrying crawler?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: They crawl, scour, uh, putrid flesh from marcasses, and gobble the slimy bones that remain. They aggressively attack any creature that trespasses.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: They aggressively attack any creature that trespasses on their territory or disturbs their feasting. It's like a giant grub kind of culture with a nasty maw on it is.
Speaker 5: There's something in here we want. We don't know yet.
Speaker 2: How fast is it? The like? Can I can I stand the room? See if I see a gem before?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You got a couple of seconds. It's like, you know, slithering towards you. You look in and peer around, and you know you don't see any gems. You don't see any treasure chests or loot or anything in here. Okay, I can come back to this.
Speaker 2: You want to shut you want to shut the door.
Speaker 1: I'd say we come back to them, all right, shut shut the door. And uh, this carrying crawler doesn't know how to use doors, so.
Speaker 2: I mean he's just got a mall dummy.
Speaker 4: All right, see what's behind door?
Speaker 2: Okay, So the next door is on this side.
Speaker 3: Correct, Actually, before we open that door, I'm gonna search this area so there's some bottles of some liquid.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, uh yeah, you want to go ahead and look at.
Speaker 2: The yeah yeah, sec for traps first and then and then look at what else there is.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, there there are in the recess. There are some burial urns filled with ash. But there are also a couple of interesting looking bottles. As you look closer, Uh, you see a couple of them are potions. Uh there's a potion of greater healing and there's a drought of colosses.
Speaker 4: Oh is there anything if we Uh, I would like to first check and see if we move those bottles? Is there anything?
Speaker 5: Is there?
Speaker 4: Like an Indiana Jones style the move the rock?
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't appear.
Speaker 2: So uh do we all do we all know what the Drata colossus does or does? Like does Alaric with? Is our kind of like? Is that common knowledge?
Speaker 1: As adventurers? You've probably heard of this thing before.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's a swirling concoction with tiny star like specks of crystalline matter floating in it. It contains the mysteries of matter and volume manipulation.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's been crafted using the blood of void dragons.
Speaker 5: Uh. Something we probably want to hang on to.
Speaker 1: So basically, it will it will likely increase your size and therefore increase your strength and your unarmed combat attacks.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, drop it in the pack.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I think one of you two you should probably hold on to it.
Speaker 2: What what's your constitution?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Pretty good, it's it's fourteen.
Speaker 2: You should hold on to it.
Speaker 5: Okay, the healing or the constitution.
Speaker 2: You hold on to them with the constitution for sure. That's I mean the drop closs coss.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on to.
Speaker 4: Them all right? Is that it as far as the urns are concerned?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Fabulous?
Speaker 2: So then we'll check the door behind us, the door this store over here, Yeah, that one.
Speaker 1: Let's see here hoole long security.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this door is locked, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna attempt to Well, first I'm gonna like search it for any traps or mechanisms with.
Speaker 2: The mine and mocker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can. You can easily see the locking device. It's a you know, warded lock.
Speaker 2: Okay, then I will.
Speaker 5: We both have sets of thieves tools.
Speaker 2: Do you have these? Do you want to pick it? Yeah? I will.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna try to. I mean, it's a warded lock. It doesn't make me feel great. But well, let's see if we can't pick it.
Speaker 2: Wait, was it warded? I thought we see?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean a ward not a magical word.
Speaker 2: Right, but like, okay, you can you have the tools to She does too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so I got my thieves tools. So I'm gonna try to pick the lock.
Speaker 1: Okay. Uh so make a dex check.
Speaker 5: I guess yeah, that sounds right. Sixteen and dex is another place.
Speaker 1: Okay, you hear the lock click as you want to lock it?
Speaker 4: All right, good job?
Speaker 5: Watch all right, God help me as well.
Speaker 4: Just like if we're all gonna die anyway, I'm just gonna ease anybody want to pull fucking security behind me, Dix, I'm gonna shove this thing open a little bit.
Speaker 5: And see what we see to Pica moved on then myself. Yeah that sounds bad, all right?
Speaker 1: So you ease the door open, and what you see inside is a torture chamber and a half dozen Ballist Cults members. They all turn and look at you as one. Go ahead and make your initiative rules pal yep, okay, so we are here.
Speaker 3: She's numeral you know, I'm numeral dose And then here doors open and then okay, an initiative.
Speaker 5: I initially heard something else ballist locked m last, God damn it.
Speaker 11: Well I think well sixteen sixteen yeah, okay, so reviewing my healing spells, well, you have another healing potion.
Speaker 1: Sorry, guys, initiative what your initiative rules again?
Speaker 2: Eight three? That was with your dexbos.
Speaker 5: Oh no, so eleven, don't forget your bonus, Dave.
Speaker 7: Roll twelve yeah, sixteen okay, all right, so I rolled day five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's four of these couldests. You can see the blood stained altar before you and the torture devices that they've been using.
Speaker 2: Dave, you're up first, you're in the sheet. So I'm going to step to the side of the door here and just go stealth.
Speaker 1: So are you gonna hide?
Speaker 3: Who's yeah, I'm just gonna yeah, I'm just gonna hide. But I'm saving I'm saving my my stealth isn't an action, is it?
Speaker 2: Maybe it is?
Speaker 3: Then I'm not gonna hide. I'm just gonna step to the side of the door and save my uh, save my turn. But but but you mean you mean hold your attack my attack? Okay, what what is your attack that you're holding? I'm waiting for them to come to us, and.
Speaker 1: You're gonna stab them. Yeah, they come, Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna let him.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let him come through that fatal funnel stack them, Alana.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you want them to come through, I am going to. I don't see why.
Speaker 2: I'm on the other side of the door. They might have spells.
Speaker 4: Where am I?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm still right in front of the fucking door. I should have moved first.
Speaker 1: I I think I actually heard forgot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I do have a bow, so I am going to It's a short bow, so it is more vexed. So I am going to, uh not aim for our lead guy.
Speaker 4: I'm actually going to go for one of the rear guard in the hopes of distracting him to have him look backwards to where.
Speaker 5: I am hitting. I am going to go for the champ with the knife.
Speaker 1: Okay, over here, all right, go ahead and make your attack rule fourteen not terrible fourteen total uh no, roll of fourteen plus plucks my decks which is three.
Speaker 4: So seventeen that hits. So if I hit a creature with short bone, deal damage advantage on my next attack.
Speaker 2: Roll for your damage, which damage.
Speaker 4: This hand seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh okay, So.
Speaker 5: Again a plus two bonus to attack with ranged weapons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it. Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: So now the ballists come to attack. Uh, they have daggers.
Speaker 3: She can also you can also, uh like, you can move after your attack as long as you don't have after so you can move beside that door.
Speaker 2: So this guy moves forward.
Speaker 1: As he walks forward, he turns invisible.
Speaker 4: Of course, he sucking does.
Speaker 1: Casting shroud self on himself, and he is going to attack Alana. Two dagger attacks plus seven uh thirteen.
Speaker 2: Oh no, just your armor class?
Speaker 5: Oh my armor class?
Speaker 4: Uh thirteen, So the hits yeah thirteen, okay, uh yeah, my armor class is thirteen.
Speaker 2: So it's four.
Speaker 1: Five, says nine points of piercing damage. And then he makes a second attack seven plus seven that's uh, fourteen hits. What's your armor class?
Speaker 5: Team?
Speaker 1: Okay, five points of piercing damage.
Speaker 5: That's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: Okay and uh And as he does that, he then turns visible at the end of his turn, and Dave, you've been holding your attack there, and now that you can see him, he's within range. You can you can hit him if you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm gonna yeah, I'm gonna hit him with with a sneak attack since he's right next to Alana.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm shorts. So oh mother one.
Speaker 1: Eight eight, Yeah, sure, that is a miss.
Speaker 3: Oh, you shall have guidance on you too. Actually, I shall have guidance on me. Okay, we shall have guidance, so don't forget that you can on one. Uh guidance is only a skill check though it's not an attack her mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's skill checks. Yeah, yeah, just skik checks.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. The next ballist dashes or comes forward, so turning invisible also, and he's gonna attack Dave. Uh, so's ALUs seven So we got as an eleven sixteen and that's a natural one. So they both miss and he's visible and he becomes visible. Yeah, he's standing right there in front of the door.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you might be able to hit somebody.
Speaker 5: Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Speaker 1: Okay, this one turns invisible also and it comes right.
Speaker 5: I happened to pick guy number four campaigns is my turn more laurel. Okay, you then heroic.
Speaker 1: He's going to attack Dave also, uh seven twelve, you're sixteen.
Speaker 5: What's your armor?
Speaker 1: Sixteen nineteen? That one hits, so it's one D four plus five seven points of piercing damage.
Speaker 2: You have pencil?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank it.
Speaker 2: He's got how many seven? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then we got one more comes forward and turns invisible and he's slashing out towards Alana.
Speaker 2: Oops, that's a guy.
Speaker 1: That's three and that's a fifteen. So one of them hits worch nine points of piercing damage.
Speaker 5: Kidding me. And now we are.
Speaker 1: Back to John okay, and all of them are visible now after their their attack.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm over here and they're uh three stooges, three stooging their way through the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean if you were to move over here, you could hit all three of them if you have a spell that works.
Speaker 5: I don't have an AoE attack. That would have been beautiful. It would have been nice with the Sorcerer. I told them I want to protect myself, so I think I will. I guess we're fighting in the hallway here. I'll move back. Uh no, I don't want my back there. Move back here, and I'll try h sixty foot that's less than sixty yeah. Sacred flame on that cultest uh dc fourteen decks save.
Speaker 1: Okay, seventeen.
Speaker 5: Well, then.
Speaker 1: From yeah plus five it says.
Speaker 5: So missus yep, okay, move right along, Dave.
Speaker 6: Wo fuck I I.
Speaker 2: I only took four damage from that because I have uncanny dodgers. I think is a passive Okay. So we're looking at two in here out division door. This door open in or out?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: It pushed in, it pushed in? Okay, all right, and neither of these guys have been hit yet.
Speaker 1: Right one of them, which one I think it was, this guy took.
Speaker 3: Us Okay, I'm going to hit him. I should do a world Okay, I'm gonna hit him short George six plus seven.
Speaker 2: Thirteen uh what was it? Thirteen?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Miss miss okay? And then my dagger seventeen plus seven twenty four hits okay, and then.
Speaker 6: One four plus.
Speaker 12: H two six okay, Alana.
Speaker 5: Now that they are close, I am going for the quarter staff. And how close are they?
Speaker 4: Can I do this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They're right next. Two of them are right next to you.
Speaker 4: All right. I'm going to do a sweeping motion with the quarterstaff in an effort to either knock one or knock one into the other.
Speaker 1: Idea okay, okay, A fourteen.
Speaker 5: You can force it to make a car if I hit the creature with a quarter staff.
Speaker 4: So I got to hit.
Speaker 5: First fourteen and that's close two yes, okay, that.
Speaker 4: Hits all right, so I can do I can force it to make a constitution saving throw.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: In addition to the damage, it.
Speaker 5: Takes, uh, yes, because it's topple.
Speaker 1: So fifteen eight.
Speaker 4: Plus three plus the ability it's yeah, DC eight plus three plus the ability modifier. How much do you have fifteen eight?
Speaker 5: It's eight nine, ten fourteen.
Speaker 2: But you did hit him. I did, so you get your staff damage?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so there's that at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, roll roll up. The damage.
Speaker 2: Is twenty six plus two three or is it twenty four? I'm not sure, plus your strength?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Uh so strength fifteen plus two and three?
Speaker 2: So what's the total?
Speaker 5: Uh what?
Speaker 2: I don't think. I think I'm thinking of old D and D. I don't know. The strength is an added damage, right, it's just do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, damage damage comes from like whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, damage. I'm sorry about that. Damage doesn't I'm thinking of a D so yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh three?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, okay, gotcha. Okay, Now the ballists are going to attack. So this one is gonna go after John. When he disengages, you can make an opportunity attack on him.
Speaker 2: Actually I can't too, right wait wait wait oh no, well he was attack he was over here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can we can both make a reaction. Go ahead, So just roll your attack with your staff d twenty plus two.
Speaker 1: Twenty bitches, it's damage.
Speaker 4: Six.
Speaker 5: Fuck yeah, I'm on a roll you know.
Speaker 2: Staff do you no? Especially? All right?
Speaker 1: You killed that one he kills over okay, awesome, all right, so this guy is going to uh, this one will attack Dave okay, fifteen nine and it's plus it's plus seven.
Speaker 2: Oh plus seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the first one his second one doesn't, okay, and then I have uncanny dodge. So I if I can see him, then I he does have damage.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow?
Speaker 1: Uh so you take four points of curiosing damn it.
Speaker 2: Four points? Okay, so far, go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, all right, you know eat so far?
Speaker 5: You gotta eat so far eight eight points?
Speaker 2: Uh four and four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these two are gonna turn invisible, yeah eight and charge forward.
Speaker 5: They can just turn invisible again, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yes, every turn they can pass uh yep, and invisibility lasts until it makes a attack or takes damage or casts about great awesome, Okay, this one's going to attack. One of them is going to attack Dave. The others are just gonna attack Alana twelve and eleven and fourteen plus seven to both.
Speaker 2: Of those they both hit.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you still use it on Canny Dodge?
Speaker 2: No, because I didn't see him four.
Speaker 1: Four, five, six, seven, seventeen points of piercing damage.
Speaker 2: I'm down to three.
Speaker 1: The other guy's gonna attack Alana fifteen and two, so one of the two hits eight points of piercing damage.
Speaker 4: I'm also down to three. Oh no, no, wait no, I was yes, no, I am one of you guys.
Speaker 1: Has that healing potion too, I know. And the drought, the drought of colosses.
Speaker 5: I am at.
Speaker 4: I was at eleven.
Speaker 1: Okay, And you can drink the healing potion or any potion as a bonus action too, So can we go split SEUs?
Speaker 2: No, go ahead, I already used my bonus action.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, John, we're gonna go. You're down how much?
Speaker 5: I'm at three? So I have three left? You're down twenty one? Yes, okay, so can I take that? It's an action to hand off the potion.
Speaker 1: Uh bonus action, I guess okay.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm, alright, so I'll move up here. Well, where's the nearest cultist in the middle here, this guy here or this guy? Okay, and if I move next to uh rubbinica attack of upport on me? No, okay, no, only if you if you move out of his attacks out not in right right right right? Okay. Well let's try this again. So DC fourteen dex safe.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's four.
Speaker 1: That's a sixteen.
Speaker 5: Alright. On that note, I'm gonna go up to what for.
Speaker 1: Some reason I rolled twice I don't know, but four was the first one, so I think he failed your.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, yeah, alrighty, then actually get uh have an effect here? So two D eight okay, m h four seven radiant If that matters.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe let's see here. M No, I don't think it does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's fine, And then I'll use my movement and the bonus action. I'll uh pop the cork for we're being a gonna take the healing potion.
Speaker 1: Thank you, okay, and you're handing it to her, okay, potion of greater healing, Dave, you're up?
Speaker 5: What does that give me?
Speaker 2: Double check okay. Uh, let me check something real quick. Uh huh okay, straight somewhere. How many are left? Two or three? Three? Three?
Speaker 1: One two?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Alright, I have three help three help tip.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go down, okay, So with my action, then I'm gonna cast fairy fire on all three of them.
Speaker 2: Uh it's a twenty forty four plus four. So for fairy fire, they have to make a.
Speaker 13: Uh uh okay, DC fourteen and I think charisma charisma is that right.
Speaker 4: On?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Two of them made it, one of them didn't.
Speaker 2: To them made their safe through yeah fourteen?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so the one is highlighted and can't go invisible now and then I don't have any healing or I don't have anything like that.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, that's the end of my turn. Actually, I have a action bonus action. Actually I get do.
Speaker 3: I get another attack since I'm dual wielding, I used my action, but I think I get I think I get my bonus action with I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't if your bonus action has an attack that would be that should be on your character sheet.
Speaker 3: Yeah it does, but I think it's only when I I don't. I don't know that I get it after I cast a spell only when I attack. So go ahead, okay, Alana.
Speaker 4: While you're doing that, can you uh look up real quick because I'm gonna use my I'm just gonna go ahead and use my bonus action anyway to take the.
Speaker 1: So four D four health.
Speaker 5: Uh. I looked it up. It said forty four plus four. Actually is it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So forty four plus four.
Speaker 5: Unless the source I'm looking at us off.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay. It's the potion of Greater Healing. It's fine, yep, plus what I looked on me?
Speaker 5: I have quick.
Speaker 1: That's that's you got the role for four times?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Two four.
Speaker 4: Seven eleven?
Speaker 1: Okay, add the your hit points to your character. And do you want to use your action to make a attack or do something else?
Speaker 5: I was going to ask you, can you check out what poisons ray does? Because it's not.
Speaker 1: Poison spray fires out and a cone. Could you could catch maybe all three of them? Mac are close to it to definitely two of them?
Speaker 4: All right? I didn't know my radius. Yeah, it's an I'm gonna throw out some poison spray for my plus.
Speaker 5: Five yep, thirty feet nice, thank you.
Speaker 1: A creation, Okay, roll up your damage.
Speaker 5: Target takes one D twelve poison? Who what target takes one D twelve poison D twelve the weird one?
Speaker 4: Fuck great, that's a one.
Speaker 5: Oh well your level five two D twelve, thank you? Fix it? Fixed it? Uh six six, so that's seven seven, I'll take it.
Speaker 4: Uh oh but I actually but I have poison spray, so a well, at least a hit is plus five.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now so you you jacked up these two guys, pretty good.
Speaker 2: Hold on. I think I think I forgot about cutting action.
Speaker 3: I think I can disengage, which means that I can break off as a bonus action.
Speaker 2: I can break off without You have to do that on your term.
Speaker 5: Range.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the ball lists are going to uh, this one's going to make an attack against John.
Speaker 5: Did you did you not hear my last name?
Speaker 2: Alright?
Speaker 1: One of them hits?
Speaker 5: Oh jolly good?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: All right, so you're healed back up, you're still down here?
Speaker 1: So nine nine points piercing damage.
Speaker 5: Are your three?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 5: Oh? How'd you heal yourself?
Speaker 4: No? He was at three. He's left with three. He has three left.
Speaker 5: I missed a few things, okay, and I got hit for nine nine piercing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of these hits dave seven points of piercing.
Speaker 2: They hit me for sixteen. They hit me he got sixteen.
Speaker 1: You got a fifteen plus seven.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Uh it's lovely knowing you.
Speaker 1: So that's uh seven points of piercing. Okay, he's not dead, he just goes down. Yeah, and then one more ago the guy going after Lana. All right, one of those hits for nine points.
Speaker 4: Well cool, I mean like that puts me back down to five. How you well, I just gotta let I only I.
Speaker 1: Didn't oh your roles okay, yeah, yeah, uh okay, uh John okay.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm what you got bro? Yeah, you're three? Well, no, he's you're down here. No, I'm I'm down to He just gave me five, so I'm at nine. All right, attack. I think I'm gonna use both of these on logan. Uh my action and uh all right, where's logan right here there? Okay, So I'm going to attack up opportunity for guy because I'm gonna go here attack hoard one two one more? Is that accurate?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But every time you move by then they get an attack of opportunity, or each you move it gets an attack of opportunity.
Speaker 5: Well, isn't it once I leave?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I didn't so I only got one attack at Yeah, that's correct. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's a.
Speaker 5: Fifteen against my ac.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that hits eight points of piercing.
Speaker 5: Well, I need to get to touch range and we're in a narrow hallway. Damn it, John, which do I have where?
Speaker 1: Now you can take your action?
Speaker 5: Thirty eight? Yeah, okay, I'm hurt, but not not terrible. My first my action will be a touch spell cure wounds. Two D eight plus my modifier, which is my modify, my spell modifiers, my wisdom, So that's plus three. So two D eight plus three, go for it.
Speaker 2: I think you rolled that though, right or do I? It didn't matter? Two D eight plus three Yeah, eight? Is there another? Don't I got to?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Seven plus three is ten?
Speaker 1: Just like that, Dave's back up on his feet.
Speaker 5: And ten. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my bonus action. I'm gonna burn sure logan again healing war healing word. Uh bonus action Uh two D four plus my modifier spell modifier. That's three sow four plus three, go for it.
Speaker 2: Two D four plus three.
Speaker 1: All right, So that use that one eight one, okay?
Speaker 5: Is that it? John? That is my movement action and bonus action I have done.
Speaker 1: Okay, Dave, Once you get the first one ten ten and eight, ten and eight, so you're up to eighteen, you can go ahead and take your turn, Dave.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, mother harkers, let's get it on.
Speaker 3: So which of these guys is wounded right now? The one right in front of you, right in front of there? Okay, it's the worst, all right, I'm gonna hit him twice? Does he which one has fairy fire on him?
Speaker 2: This one? Okay? All right? Okay, great, so.
Speaker 3: Twenty so twenty seven roll double damage and then and that's my sneak attack too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, roll up your damage and double it.
Speaker 2: Double it, right, So it is going to be yeah, he's dead one d six plus four, so it's gonna be six plus four is ten then.
Speaker 1: Sixty six that does on these days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's my first attack, and my second attack will be against him, okay, and that's gonna be with advantage because he has fairy fire, gotchrip?
Speaker 2: So thirteen twenty and uh fourteen, twenty one, twenty and twenty one so.
Speaker 1: Either one of those just one though, okay, and then it is.
Speaker 2: One D four plus four No, make attack one plus four or five? Gotcha?
Speaker 5: How many people are are we down to? How many are we down to? There's all right, two up and they are how far away from me?
Speaker 1: That one has fairy fire? That one is you know, lightly injured?
Speaker 4: Ship do we take down one, take down the takedown fairy fire or go to the guy who's not injured?
Speaker 2: Take down the guy is one not injured?
Speaker 1: These both guys are lightly injured.
Speaker 2: I would say, yeah, take smaller numbers. So I would Here's what I would do.
Speaker 3: I would go for the guy who doesn't have fairy fire because he can't disappear.
Speaker 2: The other guy can, right.
Speaker 4: I. So it's this guy who's not all right, going for him?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's close range.
Speaker 5: So all I've got really is that quarterstaff?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: So well, do I have anything else useful? On armed strike? Not super helpful? No, All I have left is poison spray? Poison spray and unarmed strikes?
Speaker 2: Really yeah, both with spray? Can't you without hitting?
Speaker 5: No, they're not.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 1: You'd have to move and take an opportunity attack. But you could you would take an opportunity attack from one. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, and then you could cast it on both of you. Don't don't yeah, don't take the opportunity attack.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm just gonna go.
Speaker 2: You can use it on one of them, you don't have to get them both, all right.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go for a non disappearing guy. Three. What is I just blew my twenty?
Speaker 5: Uh? So uh?
Speaker 4: Three and poison spray is plus five, so that is eight.
Speaker 1: That's not not gonna hit. Do they take half damage.
Speaker 4: The US? I think so?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm. I didn't see that when we looked at it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's a miss all right, our ballists ball cult members. One of them is going to attack Alana, miss.
Speaker 2: Miss h.
Speaker 1: The other, this one, I think, is getting pissy with Dave, so he's gonna come over here and attack Dave. I'll give you an opportunity attack on him.
Speaker 2: Nine and at nine, so.
Speaker 1: Nine plus seven you make your opportunity attack on him.
Speaker 4: Nineteen.
Speaker 1: So sixteen does that hit you?
Speaker 2: Sixteen? Hits?
Speaker 1: Okay, so both of them are gonna hit.
Speaker 2: Uh and I take half damage seven seven Alana?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Your opportunity attack.
Speaker 5: Fifteen?
Speaker 1: Okay, uh plus whatever that probably hits at sixteen? Roll your damage six?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: That exist?
Speaker 1: Okay, John, it's gonna say a lot of.
Speaker 5: The promotion record. Let's do the uh sacred flame, uh deck saving throw? D you see fourteen. I'm gonna attack. Which one looks worse for the wear or is there just one left?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: These two are both this this guy is a little worse off.
Speaker 5: I'll go for that guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, so one of your one of your attacks or I'm.
Speaker 5: Sorry it was a d C DC fourteen deck saving throw.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know why I rolled twice?
Speaker 2: Is that so?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: Are you tacking that one with very fire?
Speaker 5: I think so?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 5: Should I not?
Speaker 2: No, I'm asking because he is.
Speaker 3: You get it, you get advantage, but I'm not sure if you get advantage with a spell spell.
Speaker 5: So I just want to I was just thinking the one that's reduced their numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, he fails, Okay.
Speaker 5: Two D eight eight and two ten.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's all bloodied and staggered up against the wall. He doesn't have much fight left in him, but he's still on his feet for the moment, Dave.
Speaker 2: So, uh, all right? Are they both within ranging me or no, no, only one of them, all right, so I'm gonna attack him. Uh oh shizam.
Speaker 3: Neither of them are within five feet of me, so uh so'm not a sneak attack, all right? Double it uh eighteen, So just hits it hits and then one D six plus four H two place four six.
Speaker 2: And you're hitting this guy. Yeah, yeah, he's only he's down. He's down.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Then I'm going to move, use my movement, sure, and then my bonus action.
Speaker 3: I can use my bonus action on a different target with I had when a dual wield.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you have an attack as a bonus action, you should be able to use it on whatever.
Speaker 4: And I do.
Speaker 2: Get so that's nineteen. Yeah, and that's my sneak attack.
Speaker 3: Also, so if he's like so nineteen, I hit him and then it's one D four plus four plus three D six.
Speaker 1: Ok roll it up.
Speaker 14: Okay, one plus four is five, and then six ten, five, fifteen and then sixteen sixteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, that does it. He's dead. All right, you guys, explain the ball cult members what they're bloodied and dead.
Speaker 2: Search those motherfuckers, yeah, you search them.
Speaker 1: They're wearing some vestments of Ball. You've in your adventures, you've never really come across Ball cult members or really anything to do with Ball, But there's you know, sort of like children's bedtime stories that get told about these guys that they worship the god of murder and they therefore have to commit a murder once every ten days, and they are known to target usually people who are like undesirable that the city's not going to go looking for, so that they can kind of stay under the radar as they go about their nefarius activities. And you find some each of them has a dagger on them that you're able to recover.
Speaker 2: Okay, do they have sacks? Are there any Ball sacks.
Speaker 5: That I was waiting for it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The balls deep, so okay. And then.
Speaker 3: So then we'll go in this room and I'll like, we'll do a curse research for traps and anything else we might find in there.
Speaker 5: It makes me uneasy to ask this question the first place, but considering where we are in our predicament of what two hours left to live, do any of these vestments look whole and not bloodied?
Speaker 2: Very smart? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you can pull off at least one that's relatively unspoiled, mister sneaky.
Speaker 4: What what uh?
Speaker 5: That might be good Yeah to take?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna take one of the one of the good ball gowns and and and throw it on over my stuff, okay, and pull up the hood to hide my drought heritage. And then then we'll come in in search this room.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead and move your characters where you want them to go.
Speaker 15: Okay, do you guys want me to search it before you come in, at least the internal Yeah. Yeah, So I'm gonna I'm gonna come in and then I guess that they'll kind of kick it at the door, and then I'm gonna do a cursory sweep for traps and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you don't find any traps.
Speaker 1: At the far corner there, there are some documents, some scrolls and things like that rolled up. There is a statue of Ball over in the corner here that they've been worshiping.
Speaker 2: Okay, and there is a treasure chest right there.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I don't find any traps, Like, I check everything, no traps. I let I let them know there's no traps. I point out the documents to Alaric Alaric.
Speaker 5: And then you assume I can't read, well he has the arcana and like you, I get it.
Speaker 3: Actually, Uh, these little cubbies, like this little coby here for these little cubbies, Do I find anything like this coveys?
Speaker 2: Things like nothing? Nothing valuable?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Is there anything in the in the iron maiden?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, just blood and guts?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 3: Is I don't want to get too close to the statue of Ball, but actually that's probably your your area.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna check the area for traps. Traps, all right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, since you're you're checking the room, I'll say the treasure chest appears to be trapped.
Speaker 5: Shocker.
Speaker 16: Yeah, okay, did was there something on the treasure chest? You want me to take a look at or statue? I'll do a religion check on the go for it.
Speaker 5: On the ball statue? Oh good, gravy ten okay, So yeah, you.
Speaker 1: You recognize the statue of ball. He is also known as nushing Gambo among his Guguri worshipers. Was widely feared as the Lord of Murder, the Ferunian god of violence and ritualistic killing.
Speaker 4: That's helpful.
Speaker 5: Okay, beauty and murder.
Speaker 4: Yes, well we're two.
Speaker 3: Down, all right, So the treasure chests appears trapped. Can I I'll roll perception?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, thanks? What does that say? It says nineteen plus seven on my perception?
Speaker 4: What so?
Speaker 2: What did you roll twenty six?
Speaker 1: Twenty six? Oh shit? Okay?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: So you check the treasure chest for traps and uh you find the mechanism in it in the lid that will release a poison vial. Do you want to try to use your thieves tools to disable the traps?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I would like to recover the poison, the vile of poison, if I'm able to.
Speaker 2: Okay, stand back, Yeah, hey, you've been drinking this. Actually I'm going to use guidance on this also.
Speaker 5: Okay, a building checks it's been a while. Yeuch, guidance, Touch guidance, touch guidance, Rub my belly, pat my head.
Speaker 2: So I do have a expertise and thieves tools. So is it was that expertise and these tool? Is it? It's? I roll a DC.
Speaker 3: Plus my decks right, yeah? Okay, plus one four for the guidance, right yep? Uh, sixteen plus seven.
Speaker 1: You successfully disabled the trap plus four not so now you need to pick the lock.
Speaker 2: Okay, so disabled the trap? Can I have guidance again?
Speaker 5: It just continues, it does.
Speaker 2: I thought it was only one Okay, not as far.
Speaker 5: As I read right. It's based on me having concentration.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is not as good.
Speaker 3: That's two plus oh plus my thieves tool. So two plus four is six plus the guidance?
Speaker 2: Uh seven?
Speaker 1: Okay. You keep working it and working it, and eventually the lock pomps okay, and you get it open. You do, you are able to recover the glass veil of poison. Just for your own knowledge. When that thing shatters within a twenty foot radius, it does forty six poison damage.
Speaker 2: Mother, wrap that up radius on that or foot radius radius? Wow?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you might want to write that the forty six And why don't we wrap that up so it doesn't shadow wrap it within the treasure chest. You identify another one of the gems in the bottom of that thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is four gems? Right? What does that gem there?
Speaker 5: It's in the chest. You can't see it. What does it look like?
Speaker 1: It looks similar to the other gem, except this one has a circle on it instead of a square also looks like it would fit into some kind of a socket.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that's all that's in the chest. Yeah, okay, how are you on healing sells?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Pretty good? I burned one level one and then my extra love one for healing word, I burned, So that's three more for level one.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm down to eleven, so uh, can you can you give me some sort of top up or something to give me a little bit higher?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm at fourteen, so I'm good.
Speaker 4: Okay, Why the fuck did we bring him along if he's not gonna he's not wanting to heal.
Speaker 2: You, because, like I mean a solid it'll take me out.
Speaker 5: Give me one moment. What do we have twenty feet of?
Speaker 4: What do we say? How much damage was that?
Speaker 1: Forty six six?
Speaker 4: And you have that in hand already. So while you're figuring out if he's gonna do his job, I'm gonna I'm gonna take out what remains of like my bedroll whatever, and I'm gonna wrap up that poison, okay, so that I can put it in a bag because I don't want that thing to break, okay, because it as when it chatters.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna. I figured i'd keep it just because I'll be stealth that head and I can like drop it on somebody.
Speaker 5: But I'll wrap it up and put it in your back.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Well, what I'm wondering is should I use a level two spell to heal us all? I wouldn't turn it down.
Speaker 2: How low are you?
Speaker 5: I'm at fourteen?
Speaker 2: How many are you missing? I'm sorry ten, you're missing ten, I'm missing seventeen.
Speaker 5: I'm a I'm down nine, down nine A. I mean, I don't know the tack of opportunity that was that the first hit I got? No, yeah, okay, when it's fine you and your dad? You're down ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm down to eleven. So I'm down seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: What would we recover for the level to two D eight? Uh? And it's as if you had a short rust. Yeah, it's as if you had a short rest.
Speaker 2: We don't have time for a short No.
Speaker 5: No, no, it's not it doesn't require one. It's the effects of it feels like a short rest.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you have to hear spells come back after a short rest?
Speaker 5: Yes, not all of them.
Speaker 2: I have to.
Speaker 5: I'll look that up after.
Speaker 3: Because if any of your healing spells come back after short when she comes back, that might that might be a good way to go.
Speaker 5: Right now, I know, I'll get the uh healing word slot back. I got double check. Nice, fuck it, we're doing it power word Prayer of healing. It's it's a ten minute cast time that side eats into our life thirty foot radius instant Uh, I have five creatures short rest two D eight HP. Alright, where's my two da?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Do I? I don't know?
Speaker 7: Very hard.
Speaker 5: Level above. Nope, there's no upload on this. So we each get thirteen back.
Speaker 4: Cool, I'll take it. Yea good.
Speaker 5: You're down four and I'm.
Speaker 2: Good perfect twenty four. Okay, wait, you said.
Speaker 5: We got thirteen. That's one of my other sible slots.
Speaker 4: It's actually good because that and the equivalent of a short rest, right, yeah, all right, I'm gonna hang on to whichever to what I'm going to do next with Hunters. Pretty though, so we have we secured the gem yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We have everything. You didn't secure the documents. Is there anything about the documents?
Speaker 1: You want to go look at the documents. Let's go look at the documents, all right, So you go up there and you start shuffling through the documents. A rat scudders out and startles you as it runs off. Most of these are old scrolls. They're like deteriorating and falling apart. But you find a book in the pile. It's called The Fanged Tomb of Lacanthus zar. This is a famed in much sought after tone that you would have heard some You maybe not know so much about the book, but you have definitely heard of Lacanthus Sar as a famous ranger that lived over one hundred years ago.
Speaker 4: These are my people, so I would therefore like I only have a plus two on history. But I feel like if that's if they're my people, I already know who.
Speaker 1: They are or I know who this yeah Goula ranger is.
Speaker 5: So I am going to.
Speaker 4: Notedge history or huh. I mean like I've got I only I have two on history. But in general, no, investigation isn't super helpful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, history is true.
Speaker 5: History is probably of those.
Speaker 2: Because investigation doesn't really help with this.
Speaker 5: So yeah, go ahead, History's fine. Four plus two.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you recall a little bit about this, you know you well, first you can see that the book is made of some kind of hide, and it's like held closed by like dragon teeth that have been chiseled to kind of join up with one another.
Speaker 2: But it's not locked.
Speaker 1: You can open it up and look inside the book. The book itself, the contents of it are this ranger's observations about nature, including lessons he learned from the elves while he was at Mithdrin, or the illustrations inside, you notice, have some sort of magical property that each time you open the book to that page, the picture changes. So there will be like, for instance, pictures of a phase spider, and that picture will change to a different angle or a different view of the spider than next time you turn the page. And for the statistical purposes underlying the game, if you spend a night studying this book, you will get a plus two for your nature checks.
Speaker 4: All right, don't mind if I take this thing.
Speaker 2: Have it, take it.
Speaker 4: With all of my things.
Speaker 5: I don't get anything back until long rest.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, we won't get all right, but I think we needed that. Okay, okay, uh so we're gonna you guys ready to leave and hit the rest of this Yea, we.
Speaker 5: Have and we've we've checked out all these little nooks and grannies. I'm nothing cranny. I don't want to go in there.
Speaker 2: That. Okay, So we're gonna we're gonna go back out here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we still have and checked out here.
Speaker 2: I'll go first. This time. We'll stay on the same side of the door so that.
Speaker 3: You don't get split up, So that Alaric doesn't get I have to attacks of opportunity.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna listen at the door and check out for traps.
Speaker 5: Look at the torch.
Speaker 4: That's right where the torch is.
Speaker 1: It's not trapped or.
Speaker 2: Or locked. Okay if I snuff this torch, can is there enough flight in here for Alaric to see.
Speaker 5: In the hall?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: There's a very dim light. There's like candle light flickering in certain places in the dungeon, so you can see a little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, Can I take the torch off the wall? Yeah? Okay, uh.
Speaker 4: Type of fuel that's a burning it's just torch.
Speaker 2: So it's probably like pitch all right, Like like.
Speaker 5: We're walking through the is lighting that thing the cultest. Yeah, it's part of their penance. While we're walking through the questionable hallways. I'll keep a hand on Rabbinica's shoulder to guide me through.
Speaker 4: Yes, because I also have dark vision.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're going into the room.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think we should snuff the torch first though, either that or or use it to light the room on fire.
Speaker 2: Let's you want to snuff the torch.
Speaker 4: I think we can snuff the torch light too.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you can throw like one of the dead coultest robes over the torch, not the good one, the one of the players.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing the good one actually, So.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna da the holy man who knew what was happening.
Speaker 2: So I'm for good.
Speaker 3: I'm going to uh, if you guys stay back, I'll open the door. I won't open it, open it sneakily. I'll open it like I belong there. I won't walk in.
Speaker 1: But if the.
Speaker 3: Social interest, yeah exactly, so they're gonna hang back, I'm just gonna open the door.
Speaker 1: You look inside, and you see these tombs, a bunch of jars and things lining one side, and and sitting in the center is an ancient warrior. Perhaps because he's wearing this armor. He has a sword, but he is just a skeleton at this juncture. He sits there upon his throne, gazing at you.
Speaker 2: Okay, not yet, do you uh hey, g h, no one, you got good?
Speaker 5: Let's check.
Speaker 4: I mean I can.
Speaker 2: Infernal.
Speaker 5: It's only dragony.
Speaker 2: Though I did not take the infernal demon. I think it's demon. An epistle is devil?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I think I know I have infernals like what the te flings speak.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, yeah, got divine spark and turn undead.
Speaker 2: Yeah you dead right? Okay, I think we have to check out the room to see if one of the keys is in here, you.
Speaker 5: Know, frighten or and incapacitate for one minute.
Speaker 1: The skeleton moves and it motions to you. You there, come forward, alert whoever.
Speaker 2: He sees in Okay, okay the robe yeah, okay. So I give you guys a side eye and I walk forward.
Speaker 1: Yes, my lord, he says, I know what you're here for, the same as all the others. Answer my questions, and it can become your possession.
Speaker 2: I do not let him see my hair flip inside.
Speaker 6: Now, now.
Speaker 1: Are we ready for this battle of wits? Bring it? Okay, riddle me this all, walk through me through many though many misconstrume me. My meaning is subjective, but I'm always the objective.
Speaker 2: All walk through me. The many misconstrume me. You guys, remember the rest walk through me.
Speaker 1: My meaning is subject active, but I'm always the objective life the The Skeleton Man smiles and he holds out this gem for you.
Speaker 4: Thanks, buddy, I walk up and.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, respectfully and and ow.
Speaker 1: And you retrieve the gem. This one has like a star socket on the bottom.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Bone Lord smirks at you through his broken jaw. You can see the expression for some reason. Uh, and he wishes you good luck.
Speaker 3: Show the Boner Lord. And yeah, I really want to check all the stuff. Okay, I'm not gonna check this stuff. I'm gonna walk back out and uh, you know, do the jack black and close the door behind me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He waves to you like the Crusader Knight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's probably some good shit in that room, but I don't think we need to.
Speaker 4: We don't need to go with friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh and yeah, since you're looking down here, Dave, you can see down the hallway.
Speaker 2: Okay, again, I'm gonna check. Can I see what this statue is? From that here?
Speaker 5: We also got some urns.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Here is my.
Speaker 4: I think my dark vision is almost I think mine's a sixty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're half I'm one twenty.
Speaker 1: You think the statue down there is of kellum Vour.
Speaker 2: Who is Hey can't gh who's kellmore?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do a little that is a thirteen plus even after twenty.
Speaker 1: Uh So kellum Vour is uh known as the Lord of the day Head and Judge of the Damned. He's the god of death and the dead. Uh and he uh resides in the Fugue plane.
Speaker 2: Fugue.
Speaker 3: I feel you, bro, all right, So I'm gonna I'm gonna start moving down this hallway, checking for traps on the side, checking for cubbies, but also keeping an eye down here to see if I can see another glyph or anything once it comes into range.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've got yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh so let's see you. These murals against the wall are also to the lost forgotten gods. Okay, Uh you see down here, you're you're just looking or you're walking down.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm I'm walking down, but but like every like every step, I'm like looking ahead.
Speaker 5: Of me, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, So these are like funeral urns. Mostly they're just filled with ashes, but you discover a couple potions in there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: One is a salve of senile serenity. It restores mental cognition to senile old people for a brief period of time.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The other the elixir of half Orcish fury.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So what that does is, if you were downed before your next long rest, you instead drop to one hit point thanks to the relentless will roiling in your veins. So if you get killed, if you go down, instead of going down, you come right back up with one hit point.
Speaker 2: Okay. And that's the.
Speaker 1: Elixir of half Orcish fury.
Speaker 5: The first anti temporary anti Look on, I think you take that half Orkish potion, okay, hang on to it.
Speaker 4: Well, but then if he's dead, well no.
Speaker 5: The idea is you drink it with the expectation of you're gonna need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's a good idea to drink it now.
Speaker 5: Based on how it works, I think, well, do you know how long it lasts.
Speaker 2: Until you're long until your next long rest? Which is But but here's the thing is, I have I have fast hands, which I think I can drink a potion on like a bonus.
Speaker 1: Quick wrists are a definite plus in balls deep?
Speaker 2: Yes, So do you want me to take it? I mean, I feel honestly like maybe you should take it since you are a healer. Like if you go down, we all go down.
Speaker 5: Okay, if that's the consensus.
Speaker 2: Vote. Yeah, cool.
Speaker 5: All right, so it lasts until long rest, so I'll drink it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So uh yeah, you don't discover anything else, okay, particularly interesting?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm gonna get up to this corner, do a quick peek, and then call them forward.
Speaker 1: Okay, you see a gateway adorned with skulls. Like everything else in this cursed catacombs, tree roots are kind of growing over out of the walls.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you guys are up here, what's your order? March he's first few seconds. I'm gonna because you can shoot over plate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna we should put him in the middle. Uh huh protect.
Speaker 5: What No, I'm just saying that's a good idea. Oh okay, squishy one in the back. Probably, So I'm going.
Speaker 3: To then, you know, in stealth, approach this area right here and check out the door, look through it, see if I can see through it with my superior night vision.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, more catacombs, okay, move through the catagormb same thing, searching, checking stuff and letting them follow me at you know, so I don't be exposed to anything that I trip or whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm periodically checking back behind us too, to make sure that nothing.
Speaker 2: She's got our six there. It is so like checking these little crips, checking the jugs, checking any of this. Do I find anything, as I'm sure to?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: No bones, rotting fabric, many skulls.
Speaker 2: Okay already. Then then all the way down to hear being quiet.
Speaker 1: Hear you hear a shuffling around the corner and a light. Someone coughs.
Speaker 3: Somebody cough. Okay, go back whisper to them. There's coughing. Uh whatever.
Speaker 2: How do you guys want to handle this?
Speaker 4: I can, since we have established there's nothing over here, correct, I can take up a position so that they cannot see me yet, but I can.
Speaker 2: She's in that corner with the bow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I am set for if something comes around the corner. I suggest you just.
Speaker 1: Kind of you're are you looking at trying to look around the corner?
Speaker 4: I am, but with bow ready, okay, because I have sixty feet of dark vision.
Speaker 1: As you do that, you see, Uh, there are two dwarfs down there. They're illuminated by this brazier here. Uh, and they spot you, you know, with a white flickering against your face and say, oh, who goes there?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Do they speak common or am I supposed to speak dwarbiush?
Speaker 1: They're speaking in your language?
Speaker 5: Okay? Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: First of all, guys, got a pair got a pair of dwarfs here, so you'phemism. Look, hey, we are some travelers and adventures and we are here to we have we've we're here to help eradicate some of the issues with like the ballists and the fine gentlemen. I'm basically going to try and charisma these people because well, well well yeah, all right, I can I can do yeah you know what, Yeah, We'll do persuasion to see if we can get you guys. Do you guys want to help us out? Talk to uh to see if they would like to uh assist in figuring out what other dangers are looking lurking around, since they clearly have more experience in this place than we do.
Speaker 1: One of them says, come forward and talk, all right, put your bow down please.
Speaker 2: All right around the corner. Yeah, I'm I'm stealth also just yeah, now.
Speaker 5: I'll just talking to myself next to yours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gambling right, well, they will come closer.
Speaker 1: They introduced themselves to you. One of them tells you his name is Zelden, Honor Breaker, the other brick back.
Speaker 4: All right, we can actually get along.
Speaker 1: They are part of an old dwarf adventuring band known as the joke Ton Slayer, and they have found their way into this dungeon because they heard rumors that Lady Monster was dispatching adventurers into this to find some sort of treasure. And the Jotan Slayers love fighting dragons and tentacled things and nasty monsters. It's what they do for hire and for a living, so they freelanced this. But unfortunately these two got separated from their band, who are somewhere else, and they've kind of been stranded in this dungeon for a day. They do know the way forward. There's a trap door at their feet. It leads down into some sort of a sewer system, and they have not gone back down there because the place is infested.
Speaker 2: What's an investor bok?
Speaker 1: We think rust monsters?
Speaker 4: Well, that's fun so, but you're the rest of your band has gone ahead and you haven't heard from.
Speaker 1: Them since we don't know where they are.
Speaker 4: Well, do I introduce you guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll come out of stealth and.
Speaker 5: You beckon from around the tild Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not traveling alone. We are also here for but we are primarily here to see if we can recover some of this treasure, because we are being sort of bought into it in a way, and we would love it if you would. We can either help you guys find your companions or potentially take a little off the top. Should we be able to all find the treasure.
Speaker 1: Our companions will find their own way. The Jotan slayers would be more than happy to help you slay what goes ahead in exchange for our cut of the treasure.
Speaker 5: Fair fair Oh yeah, the treasures. You're not even asking what their cut is.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're probably gonna get a dagger in the back.
Speaker 5: Why did I ask.
Speaker 2: So, brah? Now that's more surfering. Uh. Anyway, what do you what do you what do you want for treasure? What are you going to take?
Speaker 1: We heard a rumor about a dragon or dragon eggs deeper in the treasure. We want some of those eggs too.
Speaker 4: What's our? What's our?
Speaker 5: What's our?
Speaker 4: Girl wants from us?
Speaker 2: Does she want three eggs? I don't know what she said, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: I hold up my fingers to the two uh towards her, bunicu. I want three? She wants three?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 5: How much is so?
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna try and do a persuasion check and say, hey, tell him we're dying, We've been poisoned.
Speaker 2: If we don't give her at least three eggs, she won't give us the antidote. But anything over three you can have.
Speaker 3: And if if there aren't more than three, then you can have any pieces parts of the dragon that you want for new armor, new weapons.
Speaker 1: He says, Well, as of now, we have no eggs, so we were happy to venture forward with you and see what we can find.
Speaker 5: Right, what what?
Speaker 4: What type of what type of weapons are you guys throwing out here? Ye battle axe?
Speaker 2: Well say that the sewers infested with rest sponsors?
Speaker 7: It was?
Speaker 2: Was there a nest that you saw? Are they just wandering everywhere?
Speaker 1: Just crawling along the walls?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Uh, I will try to handle the rest wonsters.
Speaker 1: Read the what.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Basically take off any metal that I have, any iron, prepare the the poison okay, hmm, will open up the bottom.
Speaker 5: When they said there when they're standing over a trap, is it the trap is sprung already and it's like a hold a.
Speaker 2: Trap door, a trap door. They're trying to keep anything from coming up, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they kind of ran away. I didn't think they were prepared to face.
Speaker 3: I mean their face, their their dwarves facing rest monsters like everything they.
Speaker 1: Wear them and everything.
Speaker 4: However, I'm wearing like.
Speaker 1: Druids.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I got like pretty much right.
Speaker 2: Because you have a you have a bow, you have your arrow, so and you have and I have a quarter. I have stealth to write or don't.
Speaker 4: Because I'm half elf.
Speaker 5: So so, so what's the order here? So you're first one of them?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 9: So so here?
Speaker 2: So here's my plan. Man, life is futile and uh.
Speaker 4: So what everyone passes through in some bullshit, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, maybe for you, but those orphans need me.
Speaker 3: So what I'm going to try to do because rust monsters can smell iron, right, that's how they know you're around.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go to ty it down. And try.
Speaker 3: Using stealth, like see if if there's a way that I can get them all in a general area, or.
Speaker 2: See if you know, maybe toss a dig or someplace or whatever. Whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna check it out first. As many as I can get together, I'll hit them with the poison. That way, nobody risks their their armor, their weapons.
Speaker 5: Okay, Uh, before anyone does anything, I say to the to the dwarves, bring Jotan slayers. Can I approach and provide you with a boon of guidance?
Speaker 1: Please, We'll take all the help we can get.
Speaker 5: Okay, I do the rounds, all five of us you need goose, We all have guidance.
Speaker 2: I did my part. What's next, I guess open up the trap door and see.
Speaker 1: If yeah, well you crack, you crack open the trap door and uh, now this place is fucking dark down there. There's no sources of illumination, but from the light coming down from the brazier that's next to the trap door, you can see a series of metal or rungs that are embedded into the brick wall. Okay, go downwards and you can you think you can see the.
Speaker 2: Flour Okay, I mean I have superior dark vision.
Speaker 1: With with that, you can see the bottom. It goes down about fifteen feet down to like a stone platform.
Speaker 2: Do I see any movement down there? Okay?
Speaker 3: So it's a stone platform like a brick platform. Okay, So I tell everybody, I'll like keep the door open.
Speaker 5: I can throw something like that. I can throw light bro we.
Speaker 3: Don't need I don't need buy it. I see it as well without it, and I think the rust monsters can. They don't have to vision, so it's like light up would actually.
Speaker 5: At that point.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to remain in stealth and go down the wrong to the platform. So take you, but I'm ready to beat feet.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're right there, and you can see the rust monsters scuddering, scuttering around like giant cockroaches.
Speaker 2: About how many are there?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 2: There are three? How deep is that water? Probably wasteep waist deep?
Speaker 3: So I can't throw the poison in there? Okay, So restaurants smell metal within thirty feet? Right is it thirty? It's like I don't know, Okay, So I climb back up closed trap door until everyone.
Speaker 2: What I found. And now I need metal. So if there's not any metal, handy.
Speaker 4: All right, wait, wait, we got those baggers off the dudes.
Speaker 2: Uh, I was thinking of even more like a like maybe even the Iron Maiden.
Speaker 5: What's it's going to be heavy? What'ser plan to.
Speaker 3: To drop it onto the platform to attract the to attract the rest monsters, because I can't throw it in the water, right, it'll dilute it, and I need to pull them all three together. So I was gonna try and bring them to the platform, drop the poison down because it goes straight down, and then close the trap door and wait for the poison to take care of.
Speaker 5: Them before we go through the effort of seeing if we can budge the Iron Maiden. Do you want to try like throwing the daggers at a time.
Speaker 2: Down the platform. We can do that. It's a rock stone platform, so we just sem the down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they pass the daggers down to you and you can pile them up on that platform, and you see it's starting to draw the rough monsters towards you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I climb back up and close the door for a few minutes or not for a few minutes, but yeah, moments moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, based on what their speed looks like Okay, uh.
Speaker 4: Do we want I don't know if we wanna throw the poison? How many of them?
Speaker 5: Did you see?
Speaker 2: There's three?
Speaker 4: Because I can actually wop out because now that we've had our quote unquote short rest, you are partially restored. I am partially restored. But I can also part of hunters pray. I can after short rest, I can actually switch to the attack the horde. Why do I move my I can do hoard breaker, make another tack, same weapon, different creature. Yeah, I can do after short rest, I can do hoard breakers. So I can just go for Basically, I can do a poison spray in like why are we waiting? Like why are we gonna use our forty four whatever on three? I mean they're big, but.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah it's is forty six, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, forty six. It's an area target.
Speaker 2: But your point of spray.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, so we got a funnel, may as well go for all three of them.
Speaker 1: All right, So you're gonna pop open the hand and.
Speaker 4: Pop open the half fire poison fire, poison spray.
Speaker 1: All right, go ahead and roll your attacks.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, twenty.
Speaker 1: Double damage, Okay, so it hits uh yeah, roll up your damage please, it's over here.
Speaker 5: Oh well, it's only a one.
Speaker 2: But what's the damage on poison spray?
Speaker 4: Five plus five six.
Speaker 2: One D four plus five?
Speaker 5: Uh oh, it's two D twelve poison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so it's gonna be four D twelve or two D twelve times two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, this is the twelve.
Speaker 1: That's the ten.
Speaker 5: Eight. What are we saying?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 2: Do you have two two ten?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay. Poison spray blasts down on at them and you can see like starting to dissolve. They're like outer exoskeleton, sending them into a frenzy. They're hurt, pretty bad, but not quite dead.
Speaker 2: You have your bone arrow.
Speaker 4: I do have my bone arrow. I'm gonna do I think that can I can only go for one though, mm hmm. Yeah, we take one out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, are all the same size, they're different sizes.
Speaker 2: And take out the biggest one if you can, all right, maybe the smallest one.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Ye, yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 9: All right, okay, thirteen plus your decks plus decks I think decks was plus three.
Speaker 1: Okay, that hits.
Speaker 4: Four mm hmm, which is my bow.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmmmmmmm. It's only back.
Speaker 4: So I don't actually think I get get a ship ton for having a goddamn bo now, so much for being a goddamn elf. I don't get basily, No, I really don't get much.
Speaker 1: So it does four points of damage. Yeah, okay, so the arrow sinks into its exoskeleton and the rough monster let's out a hiss.
Speaker 4: So we're not dead yet. However, on each of my turns, because I'm using cord Breaker, I can make another attack with the same weapon against a different creature that's within the five feet of the original target and within range of my weapon.
Speaker 5: Which it is.
Speaker 4: Oh what is that? Uh nine? So that would be twelve miss.
Speaker 1: Okay. The rust monsters are starting to like come up towards the ladder. They can see you guys up there with the trap door open. They're starting to climb up the wall towards you.
Speaker 15: I'm I'm don't even raise your weapons, so I mean, I'll wait for them to come to the top.
Speaker 5: Do you want to drop the poison on them?
Speaker 2: I feel like they're almost det like, ok Now, it's like.
Speaker 4: I can swing at them with my breaking quarter.
Speaker 2: Spray a cantrip for you.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 2: Can you cast it every round?
Speaker 4: Yes? Hunter's Mark can cast without expending a spell swap.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's like it is, yes, yeah, So.
Speaker 2: Whatever you have range spells you guys have. Just like last wile, they're coming up the walls.
Speaker 5: All right, I look down the No, okay, I'm I am.
Speaker 4: I'm still a dumb dumb because I get a plus two bonus. But it still wouldn't have done for archery.
Speaker 5: Okay. So I look down the chaft there and how far down are they down the water?
Speaker 1: There are like ten feet in plain.
Speaker 5: So whichever one's highest some ladder closest to me, I look at it and cast sacred flame. So deck saving DC fourteen twelve whoof Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: What and two?
Speaker 1: That's a six that kills the one you targeted? All right now the others are making their way up to the top, and I well, I see coming up through the hatch.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna close the hatch before they come up though.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're banging on the hatch.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Eventually we're gonna have to go in there. Hey, what what are these dwarves doing?
Speaker 1: They're standing there?
Speaker 2: Are uh? I mean, are we gonna have to go there?
Speaker 4: Are?
Speaker 2: They're gonna get bored and like go someplace else.
Speaker 5: We have to go forward.
Speaker 2: We have out of time, all right, So so then let's do this.
Speaker 5: I love pinky toe is feeling weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's let's let's pull everybody back down the hallway and then let's like, let I'll let them up and like run or.
Speaker 5: I'll like stealthy, and then you're gonna open the.
Speaker 3: Hatch and if you guys come down to here, everybody, I'll stealth and then you guys or you can attack them from there.
Speaker 2: I just thought we could get them from a different distance. So nobody's armor this.
Speaker 5: This sounds good to me.
Speaker 1: So Jotan slayers move down this way.
Speaker 4: That's not As they come around the corner, I can use one of my use some of my other arrows.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Dave opens up the trap door. The rust monsters start coming out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm stealth, you know, and I'll pull it up so that actually doesn't do you know which way it opens?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm gonna hide behind it and pull it up so when they come up, like, okay, they're coming up, yeah, and maybe actually probably.
Speaker 2: Drop some metal or something over here to draw them.
Speaker 1: The rough monsters are starting to scuttle around.
Speaker 4: They're looking for metal, all right, Uh toss the dagger.
Speaker 5: Or do you have all of them?
Speaker 4: Did you use all of them?
Speaker 5: I think we use all of them. Yeah, I'm I have nothing else made of metal to check all those two dwarfs.
Speaker 2: They got some stuff metal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, do you guys have something that we might be able to use to uh draw them?
Speaker 5: Hopefully maybe one at a time.
Speaker 1: Something that I can One of them says we can try using my shield.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not gonna say.
Speaker 5: But they're starting to harder to check.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're gonna find you guys sooner rather than later.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Right, So I'm just gonna say fuck it, Like, why are we trying to lure them? I'm just gonna they're gonna come. Okay, just take another take another swing at them. They're like half dead. That's it. I'm going for it. Well I didn't go for it very.
Speaker 5: Well, So I got a three? So what the fuck else you guys got going on?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: Wait? Why did people? Why is everyone lookave me?
Speaker 2: Is your's behind a trap door? Is that a ken trip? What is your damage shell? Yeah? So they're coming around the corner. You want to blast them.
Speaker 5: Uh is it one? Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine ten? You should use five? So they're out of range for me.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna have to move forward, all right? Okay, So I think I gotta go here?
Speaker 2: Cool, and.
Speaker 5: I can see both of them. Are there's a gut one?
Speaker 1: And see one of them for sure?
Speaker 5: Wait? You see the big one? Oh so actually if I moved here, would I be able to see the small one?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're behind the door right and.
Speaker 2: I don't have any metal on me, so they can't smell me.
Speaker 4: I just don't want them to cast something in your general direction.
Speaker 2: I have it up. I'm shooling myself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just looking at I think. Okay, DC fourteen deck save.
Speaker 1: On both of them.
Speaker 5: I'm just attacking the one.
Speaker 2: This is one.
Speaker 5: Single target spell.
Speaker 1: Okay, they both make it.
Speaker 5: Oh well, I was only targeting the small one. But yeah, okay, Well that's it for me, all right?
Speaker 2: So do they keep moving forward? Then?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're starting to move over and there direction?
Speaker 2: Okay, what's their movement?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: What's the how far can they move per turn? I don't know if he's got forty forty feet so two three four six, So that's thirty feet. Okay, so I do that. Yeah, I think that they get their move now, right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so this guy is going to move forward and make a bite on John of course. Uh it's myself plus three so jeez. Sixteen hum?
Speaker 5: Okay, oh what do you do?
Speaker 2: Eight?
Speaker 1: So that's four points of peer saying damage of the of.
Speaker 5: The sixteen four Peterson, Yes, some honest twelve. Now I need you to make a.
Speaker 1: Well you've you've already been touched charm.
Speaker 5: Oh well, I guess better me.
Speaker 1: Actually, it looks like it's one or the other, either a bite or the rust attacks. I'll forego that one. Now the other rust monster it's gonna come forward this way. All right, guys, what are we doing?
Speaker 5: They're gonna go for the dwarves because they're covered in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but now it's just launching a lot of attacks like they're they're pretty damaged.
Speaker 2: One two three four five Okay, I don't have any weapons, but.
Speaker 3: I'll move to here, okay, and uh uh attack of bear fist and okay, so and I think that's just one uh one d four right, So it's nineteen plus my strength zero, so nineteen and then isn't isn't uh earfist is just one D four probably?
Speaker 2: Okay? Two?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're able.
Speaker 2: To kill one of them?
Speaker 4: Wow, all right, since it is not made of metal, I'm gonna go for because I've got thirty feet so I can move in and swing my quarter staff for old boy over here.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, you move in and you cave his cranium into.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's head down into the uh yep, off we go.
Speaker 5: Forward.
Speaker 2: Are we dead yet?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: You have one hour left.
Speaker 5: We are not good yet. I don't know where you are.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think you have one hour?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: What time do we start at?
Speaker 2: Right around eight? Right? We have Let's get it on.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh dear, all right, move down into the uh yeah, the sewer into the sewer?
Speaker 5: O good, elevated.
Speaker 3: I'll lead the way and stealth, even though it's waste deep water.
Speaker 2: I'll try to be one with the uh one with the current. Think something touched my leg?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Can I see at the very end there? Can I see what's down there? Every time I.
Speaker 1: See it down?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm yep? Does I want to have a torture h cast light or something?
Speaker 2: I can cast light.
Speaker 3: Uh uh, let me let me I'm asking you, Yeah, I can cast dancing lights. Let me uh in total darkness, like peek around this corner and then I'll cast.
Speaker 2: I'll cast okay, stancing lives for you appreciate it. So I'm gonna come up to here and peek around this score. I don't know why, okay, do I that's what I see.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna I'm gonna like call you guys up, let you know what I see, and then I'm gonna go down and check.
Speaker 2: All the way to the end there, being very careful.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm gonna use my I'm also gonna use my short sword to like probe the the ground in front of me to make sure I'm not stepping off into an abyss. All right, move where you want to go, slowly this way probing. Actually, can I borrow your your boat staff? Okay, so your quarter STEFFI.
Speaker 4: Numb chunks go. I mean, I do have expertise and martial weapons.
Speaker 3: But so I'm gonna use your bow staff to like prod in front of you make sure I'm not, you know, stepping off into like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then keep moving stick with my superior dark vision all the way down to here.
Speaker 1: You come around the corner this elbow in the sewer system and you see in front of you a caven. Okay, that blocks the way, but you also see it looks like some sort of loot drop amongst the crap, and uh, what's the term doudous.
Speaker 2: Loot drop?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll go back and tell them what I found, have them move forward, you know, maybe up to here to support me, and then go and prod that loop drop loot drops.
Speaker 2: With the boat like check for trap stuff like that.
Speaker 3: It's not trapped, okay, uh, product with the boat staff, the course staff.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, nothing, all right, I pick up the.
Speaker 1: Loot all right. Yeah, it's an old leather backpack. Inside you find two potions of greater healing, forty feet of rope, twenty gold pieces and that's it.
Speaker 2: Okay, finally, so how do we do we have any other potions of healing right now?
Speaker 5: Nope? Okay, We've got the draft of Colossus, which I think we should use soon.
Speaker 2: Spray, I think the draft of classes. The problem is you will get bigger and you might get stuck here cost Cavin, So we'll give both of them, both of you guys the potions for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm about to dip into the snacks. You know, our viewership hates it when I eat, and I don't know if we have a viewership for this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, three hours in. Yeah, we're there.
Speaker 5: They are loyal.
Speaker 1: They get mad at me every time I eat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, good show.
Speaker 1: They get mad when we laugh, they get mad when yeah it's weird.
Speaker 4: Well share them because I will eat them, Thank you, sir, Revenica.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll keep one of the potions because I have fast hands, so I can take a potion for a bonus action.
Speaker 1: These are steak flavored laid potato chips that John brought. Are these Korean?
Speaker 5: It's from the Japanese market across the street. I assume it's the Japanese one.
Speaker 2: All right, So you guys want to go down the rest of the way.
Speaker 1: That's oh, I don't have.
Speaker 2: Fast hands on all right? Thanks interest. So well, well we'll all head down that way with me leading the way.
Speaker 1: All right, move your.
Speaker 2: Wants all down.
Speaker 5: Uh, you're in the leading. You're going to move down there and look around the corner squishy in the middle.
Speaker 1: It appears that you have located the exit from the sewer system. There's a ladder leading upwards.
Speaker 5: Okay, I feel like we've missed something. Our dragon, in so many words, Dragon, you.
Speaker 2: Want see if this is the exit or if if there's something up there that.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 5: What ones in case someone needs to in their hands. What do we think the word the exit?
Speaker 2: I don't we check it.
Speaker 1: I didn't say it was an exit from the dungeon, but.
Speaker 2: Exit from the from the sewer. From the sewer, we.
Speaker 5: Did skip like a room and a half. But I doubt a dragon would fit back up there. Okay, mister sneaky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'll go up and.
Speaker 4: We skipped around.
Speaker 2: Listen, first off, all.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, we gotta go back there. And then we didn't room with the sphinx or whatever.
Speaker 1: Some more wooden trap door. It's closed. You won't hear anything on the other side.
Speaker 2: I'll open it up.
Speaker 1: Opens up into a small ante chamber. There's a large stone door, and there is a console next to it with three sockets, a star, a square in a circle.
Speaker 5: I played this game in pre school.
Speaker 1: They played Legends of Zelda. You know how it works.
Speaker 2: But uh, but isn't it's just a small room, right? Yes? Does it appear that that any of the walls are false walls, movable walls.
Speaker 1: No, but there's a stone door that.
Speaker 3: All right, I tell you, I tell you, guys want to find I've found the sockets for the keys.
Speaker 2: How large is from? Can everybody fit in it? Or shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But that's about as big as it is.
Speaker 2: Do you guys want to come up or do you want me to open it and stealth and tell you what I see?
Speaker 4: I'm all for you scouting that shit out, So.
Speaker 2: I stay stealth, but I put everything. I put the sockets in.
Speaker 1: Okay, we put the gems into the console.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The stone door opens up and reveals some sort of large cavern beyond.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, how how with one hundred and twenty foot it's pure dark dark vision?
Speaker 2: What can I see in the cavern? How far does it go? How high is it?
Speaker 1: The ceiling probably goes up at least one hundred feet. There's some light coming down from cracks in the ceiling. The chamber itself is maybe the chamber itself is yeah, big.
Speaker 4: For example, and potentially even structured shaped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, uh, stage stalagmites.
Speaker 1: Or a few a few geological formations in.
Speaker 2: There okay, any big recesses like caves or anything.
Speaker 1: Some shadows, that's about it. Okay, you think you can see something moving off in the distance.
Speaker 2: Off, It's just okay. I go back down the ladder quietly and tell you guys what I find. What do you guys want to do?
Speaker 5: We don't have much of a choice.
Speaker 2: I mean I I can try and go deeper and scout it while you guys stand on there.
Speaker 4: I would say you probably aren't gonna want to do that yourself, because otherwise, like if something does happen to you, Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Screamed down what you saw, Yeah, I scream I came down into yeah, so as I haven't made any noise. Okay, so yes, other than the wall going up.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 5: Prior conversation, classus potion would cause a cabin You said that the ceilings higher than you can tell.
Speaker 2: Or right that? Yeah, I don't know how long the classes potion last though, through.
Speaker 1: A battle for sure.
Speaker 4: Who's got how long does it takes to take back?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: No, I haven't. I mean it, But who's got the best strength and wants to constitution? Uh?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, okay, no, sorry, I was jumping ahead. The Clausus improves your con so it improves.
Speaker 3: Your strength, but it but you get you grow based on your Each time you grow, you have to make a constitution saving throw.
Speaker 5: So much a round so so.
Speaker 3: Uh not each round when you take it, you make a con saving throw. If you make your con saving throw, you grow even bigger and getting stronger. Then you make another con saving throw, and uh so each time you make that saving throw.
Speaker 1: So I go from a medium to a large small.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, well I'm a medium. It's like five or six?
Speaker 4: Yes, can I I would need some help on this because I'd need another short rest, but I would I do have Colossus slayer and Giant Killer as two options that I would be able to then take.
Speaker 1: For my all right, what are we doing here?
Speaker 6: Going up?
Speaker 5: The question? The question showing ask us do I drink the postion when we get up there and try you're not going to drink it down here? Do you want me to wrestle? Do you want me to wrestle a dragon?
Speaker 4: Or not? Not?
Speaker 5: Why don't we just go the fuck up there and find out? All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, guys growing up.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go because everybody else being a wiener.
Speaker 1: All right, you can see when you get up here and you start to step into the light, you can see at the far side is the clutch of dragon eggs standing between you and it is the dragon.
Speaker 4: There we are.
Speaker 1: It's problematic though, as this dragon, as it emerges from the shadows and into the light, it's clearly been zombified. It's a zombie dragon.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, we got.
Speaker 4: Zombie and dragon.
Speaker 1: The two Jotan slayers make eye contact with the dragon, and one of them yells, ho, you dogs, do you want to live forever? And they both charge towards the dragon. Le Roy Jenkins in it chicken roll for initiative?
Speaker 2: Or are poisonous? A gonna work?
Speaker 4: I believe? I believe it's it's just yell death and storm the castle.
Speaker 5: I just rolled eight.
Speaker 1: Worry about it?
Speaker 5: That does you got to yell death and lose the dogs of war? It's if I'm theodin King, That's how I'm going to rally my troops.
Speaker 2: Five plus uh four nine nine nine.
Speaker 5: That's a lovely five.
Speaker 1: Alanna, I had what what did I say?
Speaker 4: I had?
Speaker 2: I think you had like eleven?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It ended up with eleven? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so wana okay, so Alana. Dave John and then I'll put the Jotan slayers and then the dragon.
Speaker 5: A cool question, you said, zombifi Does that mean undead?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: It does, Okay, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think I have very much against undead at the present moment. So undead, though you may be, I.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 4: I can only be friends with so much. So I am going to go for I'm gonna take my arrows. I may as well shoot it an eyeball, Okay, go ahead, and eye balls when they're zombie dragons.
Speaker 1: There's some semblance of an eye still in the socket.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll go for it. Well, I got a four with that, so we're just gonna assume that misses.
Speaker 1: Sorry getting texted from my daughter.
Speaker 4: Even with my plus two range bonus bringing.
Speaker 1: That to okay, so you're you're attach missed?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Uh, Dave?
Speaker 2: So are they are? The dwarves right up? Are they to the dragon? Just about? Just about? Okay?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: I don't have fairy fire anymore? Is there? There's is there light here? Can he see?
Speaker 1: There's light coming down there?
Speaker 2: Let's see here.
Speaker 17: You took the potion, what do we have left? The poison is not gonna work now South of Sina I don't think that will work on undead.
Speaker 10: I will.
Speaker 2: You, uh, I will I will go uh stealth and.
Speaker 5: I love you some stealth.
Speaker 2: Move off to the side here, working my way around around the here. However far I can make it and stealthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, John.
Speaker 5: I'm going to cast I guess okayful I sure. Oh that's why it's it's my divination.
Speaker 1: It's not a misspelled list.
Speaker 5: It's a channel divinity turn on dead as a magic action. I'm gonna hold up my hold up my holy symbol and censure undead creatures. I have to be within thirty feet Okay, I think that's probably close enough. Must they must make a wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails, well, we'll get there. It must make a wisdom saving throw.
Speaker 1: What's the DC M.
Speaker 5: I'd assume it's the spell save DC So that's fourteen wisdom seven. Okay, So looking at through your pooks, it has frightened and incapacitated conditions for one minute. For that duration, if it tries to move as far away from me as it can on its turns, this effects. This effect ends early if it takes any damage, Okay, if I get capacitated, if I die anything else, okay. Uh, so I'm pretty much make it run away for a term.
Speaker 1: The Jotan slayers come forward and they start hacking into the zombie dragon with their axes.
Speaker 5: Probably not the best use. I should have saved that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And now the dragon is gonna make its attack.
Speaker 5: Wait, didn't we get it?
Speaker 1: He has to move backwards away from John as he's in this frightened state. He hisses at you.
Speaker 4: Uh, I think I can use hunters.
Speaker 1: The zombie Dragon rears back and he exhales his rotting breath in a sixty foot line that is five feet wide.
Speaker 5: Well shucks, I'm pretty far back.
Speaker 1: But he has got a ruler sixty feet hunter get one slayer in John. Of course, the damage is okay, uh John, I need you to make a dex check dexterity saving throw.
Speaker 5: So roll D twenty a modifier. No, that's just a Now it's a twopless one three. It's a what it's a three?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So you fail and you are going to take ten D ten damage.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm really glad I drank that potion earlier.
Speaker 1: You did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The the colossal No, the Orkish ferrior, gotcha, the one that when I go down, I'm up with one gotcha?
Speaker 1: Okay? So five twelve, fourteen, nineteen, uh, nineteen, twenty, twenty one, twenty two, twenty three each four five, sixteen, seven, twenty eighteen thirty eight. How many hit points do you have?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: We're past the Okay, so you go down, Uh, killed by this breath weapon.
Speaker 2: He's down to one hit point.
Speaker 1: But then you get back to your feet with one hit point. Uh, this Jotan slayer is dead.
Speaker 5: No Bob, more eggs for us?
Speaker 6: Excellent?
Speaker 5: So what are good back? Uh?
Speaker 1: Okay, that concludes the Dragon's turn Alana Europe.
Speaker 4: All right, I always have hunters Mark prepared, Okay, so I'm going to cast Hunter's mark so that we know whether the creature has any immunities, resistances, vulnerabilities.
Speaker 1: Okay. So it's damage immunities are lightning and poison, and its condition immunities are poisoned.
Speaker 5: So no poison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't list any vulnerabilities.
Speaker 5: Should drank the other potion.
Speaker 1: Anything else?
Speaker 4: I mean technically that well, so really not very vulnerable except not to poison.
Speaker 5: Uh right, fabulous.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess I'm gonna try to take out another rap or his eyeball again.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead, I'm not super useful.
Speaker 4: Seventeen plus plus three or plus two with my ranged weapons.
Speaker 1: That's a hit roll your damage.
Speaker 5: Literally? Uh six? Still good?
Speaker 1: Okay, still good? Uh dave yes four chip sure?
Speaker 5: Uh flour tip.
Speaker 2: So how long was the dragon's breath weapon? How long was it? Sixty feet six zero? Okay? So uh, I'm gonna come up. I'm gonna take out the eggs okay and grab them all, throw them my back.
Speaker 3: There's five of them, throw them in there, and then I guess that was my action, my bonus action.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna dash sixty feet okay, and then yell run.
Speaker 5: Which way back down? John, m hmm, you should probably get the fuck out of here. Bro Oh, I'm gonna pop the potion of greater healing. Mm hmm, probably makes sense. Okay, give him one hit point? Uh forty four plus four two three is five four is nine ten fourteen, So I have fifteen hit points and I run to the exit.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're running to the exit.
Speaker 4: Leave that.
Speaker 1: Joe Tann, remaining Jotan slayer calls you guys a bunch of cows, and as he continues swinging with wild abandon at the zombie dragon.
Speaker 2: Do another it's damage.
Speaker 4: I picked up four chips, would you like? I mean like, probably not four chips. Probably not four chips.
Speaker 1: All right, So the the last thing you see, John is the dragon picking that dwarf up into its jaws and swinging it back and forth.
Speaker 4: Alana, you two assholes are already down there.
Speaker 1: Run Yeah, I'm the fuck.
Speaker 4: Out of here. Bro.
Speaker 1: So you guys one through the stone door into the ante chamber and run into two humans. One of them shouts, it's more of a high pitched female voice. The other grumbles something.
Speaker 5: Can't I wait?
Speaker 2: You are they wearing the road?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, they're not. They're not coltests the When I get out.
Speaker 2: Of the room, though, can I take if I remove those like I? If I just ignore them and remove the stone door closed, it'll start closing. Okay?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: The uh?
Speaker 1: The the woman uh is dressed quite elegantly. The man looks like a wizened old wizard. He has a conical hat and everything. You would recognize the woman as Laurel silver Hand. She is the open ward of water Deep. So there's fifteen, asked the lords that ward over water Deep one is the open representative between the public and the wards. She's the current open ward. The man turns to her and he says, you know, before I was rudely interrupted by these three as I was saying the last time MERT's hair fell out, I think it was because of his dalliances down at the dock ward and the woman looks. Laurel silver Hand looks over to him and says, and says, is this what you guys get up to when I'm not around? Both of them seem rather unperturbed. Then the wizard looks over looks at you, and he says, so, which one of you.
Speaker 2: Got the eggs? There's a dwarf in there that I think got the eggs.
Speaker 1: He says, I'll handle the dragon in due course, but right now we need the eggs. I know Lady Monster sent you in, but we've already dealt with her.
Speaker 4: Well did you deal with her in terms of I don't know, getting an antidote? Did you get?
Speaker 1: Laurel silver Hand laughs and and and so does the wizard, and it says, yeah, there's uh, there's never any poison.
Speaker 5: All that my pinky toe that's full of ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was full of shit. Uh, But the more important thing is to unmask who she was working for. Uh. And that's what we could use your help with.
Speaker 5: I should have broken in the boots and gloves before we came into this place.
Speaker 2: But how much does this job pay?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Orrel silver Hands tells you that she's authorized to open the water Deep Treasury and that you will be definitely rewarded for this type of work. They need able bodied adventurers for this, and you guys have seemed to have proven your worth.
Speaker 2: Do you mind if we talk about this for a moment.
Speaker 1: The wizard steps forward and says, not here, and he tells you his name is Elmminster. He is the kind of the right hand man of Laurel Silver Hand, but in a more clandestine way. He does investigations for her, finds out what's going on in the CD underbelly of Water Deep, and warts plots against the city. He pulls out a pink gemstone and he motions all of you said, come on, stand close, and as you gather around, he holds the gem in his hands and teleports you out of the.
Speaker 4: I guess we didn't have much of a choice.
Speaker 3: Then, when I give them the eggs, I'm going to use slide of hand to give them three eggs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think Laurel and Elminster would probably accept that as long as they remain in ignorance. What what And that ends this dungeon and we're not dead? Time cutn it close.
Speaker 5: Made it out of the escape room. Haven't broken my street man.
Speaker 2: Thank god for that dragon slatter was found on the way in.
Speaker 5: That's very very inconsiderative refer to them that way. The one thing I wish I had done differently was pop the giant potion as we entered. Tried to do that. Yeah, I want to try and wrestle the dragon.
Speaker 1: Cool. How do you guys like the dungeon?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I uh, there was actually there was one encounter I cut out of the out of it, well a couple actually, But I was initially gonna have.
Speaker 5: You guys I figure the spiders at the beginning because we were no.
Speaker 1: No, I was going to have you fight the zombie beholder as well. Down in the hall.
Speaker 5: Those always were fairly empty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you guys, I also had this guy I might have sicked on you. But and there was a if you guys went messing around with the gravestones that would have been zombies coming out of them.
Speaker 4: I have sat with the tams.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. I don't think I had anything planned for that.
Speaker 2: Here are we done? Oh hey everybody, thanks for watching, all two of you who might still be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is definitely off kilter for us. For you know, whenever we hit one hundred episode mile mark, we try to do something that's just fun or different. And we'll be back actually tomorrow with Jamie who served in the New Zealand Special Air Service. So that's tomorrow's episode. Uh, anything else before we get going tonight, guys.
Speaker 2: It was a fun game. It was a good game. There's the was It was a it was a well balanced game for our level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I I balanced it. Yeah cool, but no, I'm glad. I'm glad you have fun. Thank you, guys, both of you for for coming in doing this today. I hope you had a good time with it. This sound is beautiful, Yeah, it took a long time to make. Thank you.
Speaker 5: The uh, the grimy water effect you've got in the sewer.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's that. That's a cardboard tube that I cut in half and the water is resin board.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you look in it, you can see like down on the bottom there's like there's some potions, there's glass bottles, there's like some barrels. I don't know, man, all this stuff is on the table, which is most of the set. I've worked on for at least a year. Yeah, these catacomb things were like super difficult as I tried to make the modular right so you can take them apart and move them. But I also tried to make them like almost like dioramic quality. That's kind of crazy. And yeah, just that there's no standardization really for like a catacomb really, so each one's like very different, and they're double sided. They had to be double sided so that you can make Uh, this is an MDF base that I cut with a saw. The bricks and stuff like that are are just foam.
Speaker 4: Yeah it sounds like foam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that I cut and then and then the little like uh some of the like resin pieces you know these are are you know, I bought these from a company, uh, someone that three dprints the little skeletons, the handles, the bottles, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was you guys wanting chips.
Speaker 4: I'm like halfway through the no, I'll swap you for the.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, good game. It's I have fun.
Speaker 1: Cool we do it again episode four hundred.
Speaker 18: You know, right around the corner, you're like, honestly, uh like if Lucien would have been here, it would have been like it would have gone much faster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would have come out. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah next time.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's why I love it. You know.
Speaker 19: One of my favorite things, like Game Breakers, is an arcane thief, the maychand ledgerd Domain.
Speaker 2: Using invisible hand to to pick pocket or scale ship.
Speaker 5: No, it's good, especially like.
Speaker 4: I haven't played d and the actual and Well in probably twenty years.
Speaker 1: Really I played like other.
Speaker 4: Like miscellaneous. Yeah, but I probably haven't. I don't. I think it's probably been around twelve years.
Speaker 3: Thanks for one, Thanks for making the trek out here coming out, and also thanks for like taking like the thankless.
Speaker 1: Job being the cleric seriously, man, like somebody's got to do it.
Speaker 2: It should have been him, it should have been me, Like he's a guest. I should have done that.
Speaker 5: That's all good. I had fun power of persuasion right here.
Speaker 4: I was like, hey, buddy, so what you doing Thursday?
Speaker 5: Two days you asked him on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: I think I asked you on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's like, okay, doing anything.
Speaker 4: Friday asked the question, is.
Speaker 5: I sent you a gift? Like you got me? I'm in, And then I figured out what I had to do. It's like, well, I haven't played D and D fifth Edition and have not played a Cleric yet, so I'm gonna figure this out.
Speaker 9: Real.
Speaker 2: They were basically invited out to be the designated driver.
Speaker 4: You know, I have been that Person's like.
Speaker 3: Next time we play though, whether it's live or just like whatever, like you can, you can play whatever you want and everybody else, everybody else will.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, by the time we get the episode four hundred, maybe I'll have a new dungeon ready. Because to get to get like a hundred episodes, that's like what a year and a half for us, because I think I think we probably do like seventy seventy five episodes a year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, because when do we do Cuthulu. We did that, like I guess about a year and a half ago.
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 1: Two hundred yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that was so insane.
Speaker 5: I was not here for all fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think we finally stopped around like two three in the morning. Yeah, we were playing video games.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think I showed up at like I don't know, like six or seven, and then and then you went back to playing video games towards the end of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we were playing Ninja Turtles and then we started playing Ground Branch at the end.
Speaker 2: But this was fun.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we got to do this. I missed playing playing D and D. I had like two campaigns going at the same time at one point. I kind of miss it. It's fun. Yeah, okay, all right, ready to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you guys, and we will see you on
Speaker 4: Product yep, eating chips in all your ears.