Speaker 1: Billy Cunningham, the great American of course, arthor Sheriff Richard K. Jones is in trouble once again with the mainstream media. And then we're going to get a general viewpoint of Emerson at Colendrius, who is the nineteen year old, a young man who has a deportation order against him that's called the Cincinnati Socialist to go crazy. I'm sure Richard K. Jones is concerned with the Socialist. According to AP story, the morning after the ANI protest by hundreds, a group more than thirty people return to the sidewalk in front of the Butler County Jail to announce Richard K. Jones quote, immigrants are welcomed here. The demonstrators put together by the Cincinnati Socialist or there to call for the release of one of their members and for all people detained in the jail by the KKK, also known as Iice. Richard K. Jones, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, with your permission, Richard K. Jones, I want to get a general statement from you about Emerson Calundrius. But can I tell you first of all the due process rights that he's gone through.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, all right.
Speaker 1: When he was a young man, he was brought here from Central America, and shall I say, his mother and the whole clan were brought here illegally, and he grew up in this community. He graduated at one point from Dat another point from Western Hills High School. He's nineteen years old and immigrants immigrant rights organizations have spent years appealing his case. In fact, it went to the Sixth Circuit US Court of Appeals twice, and each time he was turned down for immigration status. He was not a shall I say, a political refugee, and there's five qualifications he was none of them, went up and down, up and down. Finally, several several months ago, there was a deportation ordered issued on mister Emerson Calundraus and his family that they have to go back to Central America. And so I hear liberals like Tony Bender, my producer, quite often saying, you know what, we got to have due process, we need to do. This guy had years of due process and he lost, and there was a deportation order against him that was executed. First of all, your comment on that, before we talk about your friendship with the socialist Listen.
Speaker 2: The court system works, and you have when you come to this country illegally, you got to follow the laws of the land. That's our constitution. You can't just sneak in here. And you have due process. He had all of that and he didn't win in any piece of it. He's been to court. He's been to court. So hey, I agree with Ice one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: If it was in your power and your ability to release Emerson Klendras, would you do it? You don't have the power to do do it?
Speaker 2: No, I do not, But I would not when you know that's a slippery slope. And what what what do you listen to do you? This one has the case? This one listen. You have to have a set of rules. Some people can't just break the rules because you like them more than others and they No, I would not do that. And he's got to go back to his own country, whatever that country is. It's not my rules, it's the rules of the court. And Ice done the correct thing getting him in there to be arrested and charged with violations and be shipped back to his country.
Speaker 1: In this Tuesday afternoon. Is he still in your custody or has he been shipped back?
Speaker 2: No? I believe he's still in my custody as we speak today. Let's give a general they don't keep them. They don't keep them long.
Speaker 1: Here right now, if you have an order from a judge which has been in the process for years, final appealable order has been issued by one level below the United States Supreme Court, the Sixth Circuit US Court of Appeal said send him back, and the order has been issued. In fact, if you or Ice would, we're not going to abide by that court order. We're going to decide for ourselves not to send them back. Couldn't you be arrested, We'd be arrested.
Speaker 2: We'd be arrested. They be arrested, We'd be arrested. And that's not going to happen. He's going to be deported. It's just the rule is the law, and you've got to abide by the court orders. Period.
Speaker 1: What a novel concept. Now, let's talk about in general, why Butler County Jail is the site of housing hundreds of illegal aliens in the tri state. And also, I think Boone County Jail is the same situation about how many illegals do you have in your jail right now? To your knowledge?
Speaker 2: About three fifty three eighty given depending what day it is. In the jail here where we have a contract with ICE. They but under this administration this time, they don't stay long. Under President Trump and President Bush, the first the second President Bush, what they would do is they bring him in. They stay for months and months and months. They come in. Now they ship them out pretty quick, within a couple of weeks. Usually they get them out of here. They're on a bus, they're headed to the airport, and they're shipped back to their country. If they didn't, they'd have no room. County jails are the only place where they can house these people in the whole country, and they only have so much bedspace that they're allowed to purchase. And I believe they're getting close to that full mark. So they got to get him in and then they've got to get him out. It's a pretty big CIRVI. It's like a Swiss watch. Every piece has to work. What comes in has to go out on the other end, If that makes sense.
Speaker 1: How many I think you're authorized for four hundred How much money is Butler County? I saw numbers on one website about a million dollars a month Butler County is getting to house these individuals. Is that about correct? About correct as far as as far as as far as the high school soccer players is Emerson Colundras, the kid from Central America is see the typical ice prisoner or these bad ombrace.
Speaker 2: They come across. Most of them come across the work. Some of them have warrants. I got one that was gone for twenty twenty five years that murdered somebody here in Hamilton. Was gone twenty five years. That's how long it took to get him back. I have one in my jail that's been deported eight times and then he murdered somebody when he was released the last time. He's been deported from here eight times. He's got several different names. I have some that are a majority of them have come here to work, and then there's a small portion, which is you know that comes in to violate, sell drugs, drive intoxicated, won't work. Most of them come to work and they work pretty hard. But they can't come here and take jobs away from Americans. And they'll say, well, Americans won't do certain jobs. Well, that's because they don't pay them enough. Listen, when you come here and there's ten families living in one house or five families, and you have to work from daylight to dark. I drove past one place the other day. These people were working on a house Saturday and Sunday and they were using flashlights their car lights working building houses. And I almost promise you that's not Americans, US citizens. And these people work from daylight till dark. Then they go home, they show back up, they drive them up in a van. They have no driver's lives and somebody will drive them or they'll drive illegally. They work like slaves. It's the equivalent of modern day slavery. Make no mistake about it. It's not the American dream. It's really really sad for them, these people that think that's okay that they have a better life here. No, this isn't a better life, and they can never become a US citizen. It's really a mess. And our country. You know, we have legal immigration. Two million people here a year come in legally every year. Expand that a bit, but just not anybody that wants to come in.
Speaker 1: As far as Kaylee Baker, I saw the video last night. She's a twenty six year old who lives near Dayton was arrested by Hamilton police officers. According to jail records, Baker, woman twenty six years old. She was shouting Piggy, piggy, piggy as the butler kind of sheriffs. I'm sure that had a measurable impact in your life. Piggy, piggy, piggy. And she was started with felony assault for misdemeanors obstructing official business, resisting arrest, fair to disclose personal information, and disardly conduct, anything else you could charge her with. And she's yelling, piggy, piggy, piggy. Where is she now?
Speaker 2: Hayley Baker She she think she bonded out her parents apologized to the court. I was told today, uh that she wasn't raised that way. She's not from around here. Uh but and I think she's a four hour drive from here. But what they do is they get online and they believe all this crazy stuff and then they beg for their mommy to come bail them out when they get arrested. They've come to the wrong place. If they come here, City of Hamilton Police Department won't take this stuff. You can't come here and block roads off. You can protest. Yeah, yeah, it's not like California.
Speaker 1: Can you throw some cement blocks and cops and maybe commercial great fireworks. Can you do that? Peace can very peaceful, very peaceful.
Speaker 2: Look, you can do it, but it won't end well for you.
Speaker 1: It's peace You would have meant that's peaceful, isn't it? Like maybe torts Butler County sheriff cars. That's peaceful.
Speaker 2: That's that's what the governor of California said, and the mayor of Los Angeles protest. She was making that state to the media. Police car was set on firm, blew up. She said they were peaceful. Uh, and that's all a bunch of crap. But listen, people don't want that stuff. They don't want their stores looted and burned and the police cars and throw bricks at the police trying to respond to help the other police. You do that and you're going to go to jail California. Hey, they might elect you to some high office if you do that stuff. But not here, not here, we will not stand down. And us and the Hamilton police and all the local police Middletown, Farifield, Westchester, Listen, it's an orderly community to live and that's because we have good police, good corps, good prosecutor. Mike Moser wouldn't put up with them all.
Speaker 1: Have you notice you don't see Barnes and Nobles being looted. They tend to be Nike stores. Is that Apple stores? Let's go to Barnes and Nobles get that new book. No, no, it's Nike, And I would point out, are you intimidated by the Cincinnati socialist? They learned about the ice agent's arrest of Emerson Calendras, a nineteen year old Honduran immigrant, invited his family to speak at the June eighth protest. What impact of these hundreds of gathering socialists have outside the Butler County jail with the sheriff Richard K. Jones, Are you worried about being intimidated by these individuals?
Speaker 2: A little fright No? No, No, I wasn't frightened. I wasn't intimidated. And it takes a lot to do that. Yeah, and to be upset. When I read the book when old Yaller died, I teared up a little bit. So other than that, it's pretty tough to get under my skin. I've been doing this a while. But listen, Bill sometimes what you got to do is you got to you got to use force sometime when people loot throw bricks at the police. When they were throwing the bricks at those cars, those ice cars, the guy I had them laying right there. Every car went by, he must have threw at ten of them, knocking their windows out and injured a couple of them and could have killed them. He didn't care. He had his little helmet on. But they arrested him because they offered a fifty thousand dollars reward. His mother probably turned him in because he thought it was funny. But I knew he wasn't going to But sometimes the police, like in Los Angeles, you can't stand there and let this happen. Sometimes you got to kill a fly with a sledgehammer. You know why. You got to do that with a sledgehammer to a fly. You know why? Because that's for the effect of the other flies. That's what that is. They didn't do anything, so these sorry people, they didn't arrest them, They didn't make a stand. So everybody does what they want to do, and that's what they're doing, and they're going to continue to burn New York or California it's gonna be that way all summer, and there'll be other states joining in. No washing cee.
Speaker 1: Lastly, I had a guest on earlier today. Patrick Herringer's murder an Otr at the hands of Mordecai Black.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He was uh, he was out. He was not quite on parole, but he was in post release. He had an ankle bracelet on Uh. He cut it off for four months. The police here, other agencies did nothing to find him. He's walking around Otr with a large butcher knife in his hand, looking to do something. He knocks on the door of Patrick Herringer and Otr and Uh at four o'clock in the morning. Sadly the door was opened. He went in, got one hell of a fight. This this man, this forty six year old owner of a gym, survived a rock. He survived Afghanistan. The army officer, he was given all the decorations, basically the army could give him come back home a U see graduate he's murdered by Mordecai Black and now you can't find the city leaders with a search warrant have to have pure of all. No news conference today. There's a public safety committee meeting going on, but the murderer of Patrick is not on the docket. If in the city of Hamilton, the city of Fairfield, there's orders out for someone who's a rapist, a murderer, he's walking around town with a butcher knife, would that work well in downtown Fairfield?
Speaker 2: No, nowhere in Butler County would it work well at all? And we would find this person, they'd be arrested within a few hours. It's not minutes. You can't let these people go out. Now, the Cincinnati police, they're some of the best police there is in the entire country. The police department is and it's it's tough. They work. They have leadership and their mayors and their city managers that run back and control things. And how would you like to be a policeman in Cincinnati? No? No, no, Hey, who the hell would want to work there? But listen, the police are the best, most trained there is. They're second to none. They want to do stuff, but hey, they're city council and their city manager, their sanctuary city. They you get bonded out pretty easy. Yep. They're all short staffed. Yep. I feel sorry for him. Great people you know him.
Speaker 1: And I know I know I talked to him, and they say, look, twenty years ago, we didn't need speed bumps on Madison Road. We had criminals that would have to be in jail before they were bonded out on high bonds. We had judges that would send people to jail. There's three legs of the justice stool. One leg is the police officer, the second leg is the prosecutor, and the third leg is the judge. And if one of those three legs not working, we got all hell breaking loose. And many times in Hamilton County we have all three legs not working. And public relations wise, it's great to have a mayor that looks like he's off the pages of GQ. But nonetheless he won't comment, he won't change at all because it's not in their interest. Well, we got to run, No, go ahead, please go ahead, share.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's let's listen. Cincinnati is a different outfit. And when you're a sanctuary city and you allow the stuff to go on and uh, and your mayor is a very pretty man. I agree with you, and listen. Uh, so are you and I in our own way? Right?
Speaker 1: And I don't know about that you.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm just I'm talking about feel good. No, no, no, I'm talking about you, trying to make you feel good. But listen, they've got a long summer ahead of them. And this dude should have been locked up in jail, should have been incarcerated. And now look, a good person has died. And your mayor won't say a word, not going to counsel, won't mention a word of it, don't. Hey, they're out campaigning and doing other things, probably not even in town.
Speaker 1: Nothing will change until it has changed, and I'll look forward to November for a change. But I'll hold my breath and turn blue until that happens. But uh, thanks, thanks again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're going to have to bring back mayor Cranby, Cranley, Cranly, Oh Cranley, I met Cranley. Sorry Cranley, Cramby, Crany, yes, Cramby like Crandly.
Speaker 1: Cranley A right, thank you, Sheriff. I got it, and give my best to Amberson Calandris. Will you get my best?
Speaker 2: Hey, you're the man, see your brother.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham Cranley Cranby, seven hundred W L W