Speaker 1: All right, there is one trait that can make you happier for the rest of your life. It'd be pretty hard just to flip a switch and.
Speaker 2: Do this right. Either you got it or you don't got it. Yeah, it's not something that can be learned. I don't think I think it would take a long long time.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I think once you've lost it, I don't think you can get it back. And that trait is trust.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: The one trait that can make you happier for the rest of your life, no matter how old you are, is trusting other people. It makes you happier, and it gets easier and easier to do. They say, but I don't think I can do that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. I think you said once you lose it, I don't think you can get it back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think what happens with trusted Like it's one thing to not trust one person, but the spillover effect of not trusting one person now leads to not trusting anybody, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I feel like though also I might add in it depends on who it is. Like my friend Sean that I've been friends with since I was eleven, trust her implicitly, would never doubt her in any way, shape or form. But other people in random day to day lives, like random situations, wouldn't trust them.
Speaker 3: At all, Right, like a stranger, like.
Speaker 2: A stranger, or I don't know people that I think are trying to flim fland me.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, you.
Speaker 1: Might be okay, because it does say that trusting the people you're closest to makes the biggest difference. Yeah, right, followed by trusting humanity in general.
Speaker 2: That's where they lose me. Yes, trusting humanity in general.
Speaker 1: And the older I get, I lose what they call institutional trust, meaning governments, banks, insurance, healthcare, you know what I mean, those types of things. I feel like I don't trust them because I think they're all out to stick it to me.
Speaker 3: I think everyone's out to stick it to me.
Speaker 2: When you're younger, you trust it because you're like, I'm supposed to trust. But as you get older than where you learn, you're like, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: Right, But you can also and I you can be too trusting. Just get run over.
Speaker 2: Some people I know believe anything anybody tells them. They do way too trusting trust, but verify those are the people who are prime pick and spre a cult.
Speaker 3: Right, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: I'm a big trust but verify person like I believe you, but I'm a check behind your back.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what I do to you all the time, Sandy. You'll tell me a fact and I don't believe you until I check it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, but I mean sorry, trust, But I'm.
Speaker 1: Talking about not just facts. I'm talking about like things like someone says they're going to do something. I'm a trust that you're gonna do that. I'm gonna double check and see if you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, yeah, But once you lose trust, what he got, you got nothing. We can't trust each other, Sandy, I trust you, you do?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Why do I feel surprised that you would say that?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I think you would be foolish to marry someone that you don't trust.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you also think you can't be trusted with money. I mean, oh god, I'm so Sandy. It is not true that I can't be trusted with money. It's not true. And you know it used to be it used to be true, used to be true. Yeah, it's fine now right, you've gotten better. Thank you? What else can Trihia not be trusted. I can't be trusted with iced sugar cookies.
Speaker 3: No, can't control.
Speaker 2: Yourself, I can't What else can I not be trusted with? I can't be trusted to be on time one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 3: True. You can't be trusted to be in a good mood in the morning.
Speaker 2: No, it's very hit or miss, and and there. All bets are off until I've had my coffee, and then we'll see what happens. You can't be trusted with cherry.
Speaker 1: Sowers, Secan pre Lanes, Reese's Pieces, cheese. It's cheese. Its yeah.
Speaker 3: I have no control over there, no control at all. None.
Speaker 1: So hey, if you got trust in your life, you're going to be happier. We're just gonna sit here and be unhappy. Stick around, and we've got more coming up on Austin's ades station, one of the three point one. Hey, don't miss the JD and Sandy Hour every morning from seven until eight o'clock. If for some reason you can't tune and stream it on your time, check JD and Sandy on the iHeartRadio app. I'm gonna have to feign interest in this because I have no idea. Who Trisha's going to tell you about the diet. Don't know who it is, but I've been told I was told by her daughter. It's a big deal. In fact, our daughter said.
Speaker 2: She gasped, gasped when she saw the headline, so did I.
Speaker 3: That's coming up in just a sec. And don't forget.
Speaker 1: Give us a follow on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official and get the podcast to search The Sandy Show wherever you get your podcast and stream it when you want the stories.
Speaker 2: Whelah, good Morning, the whole studio job, super sad story, shocking story. Food Network star and Burrell died unexpectedly this past Tuesday. She was found unresponsive in her Brooklyn, New York home. She is a huge Food Network star. She has been on the network for about thirty years now, and she did what was her favorite. Her big one was turning really really bad cooks into really really good cooks. Please know that at one point I considered applying for her show. She was happily married. And here's the way I feel like Sandy. If I showed you a picture, do you recognize her?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: She was known for her very bright blonde shock of hair that was always very kind of moosed up, sticking out, kind of wild. She was an amazing cook, very into fundraising for the JDRF Foundation, and just unexpectedly found deceased in her home. And now more stories are coming out that potentially her cause of death was cardiac arrest. There was nothing indicating her have any sort of issues. She had just been talking about being ecstatic and in love with her husband, like marital Bliss. She was talking about potentially going on Megan Markle's podcast. Her last posts on social media with Sixcess before she died, she posted a picture of finding this woman known as the Green Lady, who's kind of famous in the Brooklyn area, and she was like, I'm so lucky to have finally met her. So of course, I feel like a lot of times people go straight to when somebody dies at such a young age unexpectedly, that it's something that they did to themselves. But it looks like this was just total, total, unexpected natural cause.
Speaker 3: That's said. I know, it's very easy, said a five years old only.
Speaker 2: Fifty five huge personality. She would tell the people like you, that's terrible, what do you do? She was not as blunt as a Gordon Ramsey, but she had a lot of personality, and it's very very sad like Landry. Our daughter said, I gasped when I saw the headline.
Speaker 3: That's a bummer.
Speaker 2: I know, it's terrible.
Speaker 1: Ripped to the an, Yes, ripped to the aend. That is not a story we love. But that's what we got for you today. Friends, Sometimes it to struggle to find ones that we love. Stick around more coming up. If you missed the JB and Sandy Show between seven and eight this morning, here's something you missed. First, you've got the story we love coming up in just a second. But before we get to that, I always find it funny to share with everybody the most popular titles of our podcast, which you can get on the iHeartRadio app search JB and Sandy. We just take the radio show and make it into a podcast you can listen whenever you want to, which still still all these years later, still blows my mind that you can do that, you know what I mean. You can go listen whatever the heck you want to, which is super cool. But here are some of the more popular titles that you may not have listened to. An all out War on Lake Austin. If you want to know what that's about. Go listen to the podcast. Also, here's another very popular one from the last seven days, Austin Nights always get bent out of shape when this happens. If you want to know what that's about, grab the podcast. And another very very popular one, never let your wife get hungry, which is good advice for just about anybody. Grab the podcast version of the show every single day on the iHeartRadio or app search JB and Sandy The Stories We La How.
Speaker 2: Live from the last yer Holt Studio. Here's Tricia Delicia. All Right, if you think you're funny, you might be able to be crowned the Funniest Person in Austin. Cap City Comedy Club has started their Funniest Person in Austin competition. The club located in the domain. I forgot that they're in the domain. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice, it's a good venue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like a great venue. They launched its Funniest Person in Austin competition. It started yesterday, but you can still get in on it. The contest has two hundred and fifty aspiring local comedians who will be taking the stage and if they win, they get a grand prize of three thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Hey, but you never know what it's reget, but you never know what it'll lead to.
Speaker 2: Correct. What I was going to say about that is so this contest originally launched in eighty six, and it actually has been the springboard for some famous people. I think the most noticed name Shane Gillis. Oh it really yeah, started at a capsity comedy club.
Speaker 3: I thought the Wonder Boy was the biggest name. Never wo wow. I would not have guessed that.
Speaker 2: Yep, Shane Gillis. I don't know if you guys have heard of Matt McCusker or Alex Falcone for some reason that sounds familiar. And Austin winner Martha Kelly. They do these kind of Oliver, I mean, Matt Bearden didn't win it. No, another Austin Sicky won it every year if you listen to him. Another Austin named Chris Fairbanks. Yeah. Anyway, these some of these people have gone on to be pretty big and it's determined by audience vote. You can buy tickets and this goes through the end of August. So I think it's fun. Just go sit in the pool and laugh.
Speaker 3: Jabi, did we judge this one year or did we just wa did to it.
Speaker 4: We did in the late nineties because it was you said it was two hundred and fifty people, it was probably thirty back then. Yeah, and in a bunch of those young comics. I went on after that to do that Austin Stor stories Laura House on MTV.
Speaker 5: Oh that's Laura House, Chipped the Wonder Boy. There was a couple others. Laura House had the really funny yearbook bit. Remember she was talking about you know you ever want to open up your yearbook and the one that says love you forever and call him up and you still love me?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Are you keeping it cool? Yeah? Cool?
Speaker 4: She was much better at it than Yeah. Yeah, she was good. But yeah, I went. I went to this a few years ago. A friend of mine entered it and I she did pretty good. They decuted her because she went just a smidge over time, which was stupid.
Speaker 3: But I was.
Speaker 4: This was an early round and I was really pleasantly surprised at the caliber of talent overall good.
Speaker 6: There were a couple of people go ahead. There were a couple that froze here and there. That's expected if they're not super experienced, But overall I was like, Wow, there's some good stuff.
Speaker 1: You mentioned how long her time she went over her time? Do you remember how long they got? Like, how long was your set?
Speaker 3: It's like three minutes. Oh god, I could do three minutes. I've got three minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh there is some secret part of you, Sandy that you think you're a stand up.
Speaker 3: I know that I've got three minutes.
Speaker 2: I know, but you've made the little flippant offhander Mark. I think I'm going to enter one of those contests.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: You know, I've never said that. I've said I wanted to do something outside of my comfort zone, like do a like take a acting class or something to try audition for a play, maybe a stand up I think.
Speaker 3: But my three minutes just on short statued people. You know the JB has seen the routine. Yeah, I've seen him do it a large crown and it killed. I killed in front.
Speaker 1: Of a huge Was it a long time ago? Yeah, but it's still fun. Just saying that's very Shane Gillis could get away. But I should give that to Shane Gillis. He would kill that routine.
Speaker 4: He's broken through that barrier that he knows he's going to do those jokes right.
Speaker 2: I like it that you're not a performer like that, but you have a routine.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's a bit. I've got one. I've got one.
Speaker 1: Well, that's cool though, other and I'm glad that Capsid Comedy Club is doing this and they're getting some attention right now because Rogan's Place is great too, but it gets all the love, it gets all the attentions.
Speaker 4: I think it's going to be particularly good because all these comics that have moved here because of kill Tony.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Hounds of Common.
Speaker 4: If you don't know what kill Tony is, it's a live podcast on Monday nights. They do it from the mother Ship. I think he just did a deal with Netflix. It was a YouTube show and it would go live and in comics come up and they do one minute. They actually like it's a bar across the street full of wanna be comic. They draw names, they come over, they do one minute of new material. They also have recurring regulars who come up and do one minute of has to be new material. He has a panel of established comics who comment on it, and they just interview him and screw around and have fun. It's a very funny show. If you are, you know, for the faint of heart on edgy jokes, don't listen to it or watch it if you won't like it. Yeah, it's pretty edgy, but it's very funny, and it's wildly popular, and it's drawn a lot of people from like he used to always be, New York, Boston, Chicago, LA. If you're a comic, San Francisco, they're flocking here because all of those cities are cities that cancel comics that do irreverent material. All that and Austin's leaning into it. Lots of venues for them to get stage time. You can't get stage time as an upcoming comic in LA.
Speaker 1: That was from earlier this morning on the JBN Sandy's show. Stream the podcast Whenever you Want search JB and Sandy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Austin dot com.
Speaker 3: We play every week. It's our version of the feud.
Speaker 1: And be honest with you, I've been taking a butt kicking for about two and a half.
Speaker 2: Months from Tricia getting tired of it.
Speaker 3: I've been getting whooped lately. I'm gonna keep plugging.
Speaker 2: A wack a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'll your chance, but then you know, she cries about these new cards that we have.
Speaker 2: The new cards are flawed, just saying, but you keep winning. Last week's win was a joke.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be You're gonna meet mister Steve Harvey. I'm the contestant. Let's play the.
Speaker 2: Few, all right, Sandy. First question, name something that can be too tight when it's around your.
Speaker 3: Neck and around your neck?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Necklace, necklace? Okay.
Speaker 2: Second question, besides close, name something that has a zipper.
Speaker 1: Besides close, names something that has a zipper a purse?
Speaker 2: A purse? Okay? Question number two nope. Three, name something a squirrel might have nightmares about.
Speaker 3: A squirrel might have nightmares about a car?
Speaker 2: A car okay? Besides a car, Oh that's weird. Besides a car, name something that runs on gasoline.
Speaker 3: Sides a car and something that runs on gasoline a boat a boat?
Speaker 2: Okay. Final question, name an animal that has scales A fish of course? All right. How are you feeling? I feel like you feel?
Speaker 1: I feel pretty I feel pretty good. I almost wish i'd have said a tie for around your neck. Yeah, first one, but I'm musa stay with my original thought.
Speaker 2: Uh, okay, here we go, ready, yep. First question was named something that can be too tight when it's around your neck. It's a good thing you did not to necktie, because that's the number two answer. You said necklace, which is the number one answer for thirty six points buzzingu Second question, besides clothes, names something that has a zipper. Sandy said, purse survey says number one answer twenty five points.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Other Oh, I didn't give the other answers for the for the first question. I know she's angry right now, but other acceptable answers for this. Other things that besides clothes that has a zipper, a pillowcase, sleeping bag, food storage bags, and a backpack.
Speaker 3: Oh, I almost in a backpack.
Speaker 2: Third question, names something a squirrel might have nightmares about. This answer, Sandy said cars. It's the number five answer for six points. Other things squirrels are scared of falling from a tree, cats, eagles, and birds. Dogs. And the number one answer was not having any nuts. No nuts, no nuts.
Speaker 3: I have sixty seven totals who very low.
Speaker 2: Huh. Next question, besides the car, name something that runs on gasoline. Sandy said motor boat number three answered verse six points.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Other things that run on gasoline airplane, tractor, motorcycle. Number one answer lawnmower. It would have gotten you sixty.
Speaker 3: Seven almost said lawnmower.
Speaker 2: Relly. Last question, oh, this one, this is a number one. Name an animal that has scales? Sandy said fish, So did everybody else? Number one answer seventy five.
Speaker 1: Points what I can't think of anything else that has scale?
Speaker 2: Lizard, alligator, snake?
Speaker 1: Okay, one hundred and forty eight points for the bald man.
Speaker 3: The bald man, your works cut out for you, my friend?
Speaker 2: Yeah you if that fish is what puts you over the top.
Speaker 3: Round two of the feud is neck. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: I'm ready, I'm ready. Let's play question number one Trisha dogs understand about ten words. Name one of those specific words. Okay, name something you might compare a bald guy's head to a pool a cueball, cueball?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Name another word for money?
Speaker 2: Uh well, I can say, Denaro, do what what? De Naro can't think of any of the slang words for money? Right now?
Speaker 3: I need an answer.
Speaker 2: I know you need an answer.
Speaker 1: Go with your gut de Niro Robert DENAROXT question name a food that is often cooked in a microwave popcorn, mm hmm. And finally, name something with a spout.
Speaker 3: With a spout a spout.
Speaker 2: I know, dishwashing soap.
Speaker 3: My god, is that your answer?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean yeah, all right? Spot a water spot? Water spot, water spot? Can I change it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. All right, let's get a calculator.
Speaker 3: I think you're going to win it.
Speaker 1: First question, dogs understand about ten words. Name one of those specific words. Tricia went with set That is the number one answer. Fifty four four. Other answers given their name, food, walk, and come. Okay fifty four for Tricia, good start Russian number two. Name something you might compare a bald guy's head to. Tricia said a que ball. It's the number two answer. All right, twenty three points. Other answers given an egg, a beach ball, a basketball. Number one was a bowling ball, bowling ball number one, excuse me. Tricia's next question was how many you have?
Speaker 6: Total? Oh?
Speaker 2: I should have said moolah. Moulah is what I was going for you Glad you didn't. I have seventy seven points seventy seven.
Speaker 1: Next question, name another word for money. Tricia went with de narro. That is number four, but it's ahead of mula. Oh it is Yeah, that got you nine points. Mula was number five was seven dough currency number one cash cash.
Speaker 2: You're saying mula, it's moulah mullah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Ulla mulla whatever. We got the word police over here. You got how many points I have?
Speaker 2: Eighty six points?
Speaker 1: Eighty six. Next question was the name of food that's often cooked in a microwave. Tricia went with the old popcorn. Number one answer. It is forty one, all right, one hundred and twenty seven. Other answers given all things. Tricia eats burritos, hot dogs, TV dinners, and pizzas.
Speaker 2: I'm not much on the hot dogs especially.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Single handedly keeping the Linquisine pizza in business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the high protein pepperoni Linquisine pizza.
Speaker 3: So how many points do you have?
Speaker 2: I have twenty? Wait what did I just get for popcorn?
Speaker 3: Forty one? So you got one twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Last question, you need twenty one points to tie twenty tie, twenty two to win. Okay, name something with a spout. Tricia said, a water spout. I can give you one of two. I'll give you the higher one, all right. Number There was a third answer, twelve points.
Speaker 2: Water spout was the third answer.
Speaker 1: Fawcet slash spicgott being generous, that was there. That was better than what it could have been, which was water hose, which was five five points seven points. So other answers given water hose, a sink, a water, a faucet, spigot, a pitcher.
Speaker 3: Or a tea hot with a spout. I'm a little teapot.
Speaker 2: Yeah short, here's my handle, here's my spout. Did not win today, Trish ha ha one by nine points.
Speaker 3: Bald Man wins.
Speaker 2: The new cards suck. Even the winds aren't satisfying, right, stay with us.
Speaker 1: Come on, even the winds aren't satisfying. Listen to her, just say it.