Speaker 1: I'm very pleased that this live stream has been such a success. I figured it would be. I think I got reasonably good instincts for what kinda content is gonna pop and what our cadre is gonna enjoy and find worthwhile, you know, and plus a major catalyst with you people's asking me to, you know, do a live stream. But nonetheless, I'm very humble in Stokes that week after week people show up to participate.
Speaker 2: We're still waiting on Pete.
Speaker 1: So let's all make fun of him and talk shit about what a jibbroni he is for not being here.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding. Let's not do that.
Speaker 1: We will Pete a great debt of honor, and he's a dear friend, both him and Burden. I will not allow them to be slighted or insulted by lesser men, because I owe both of them. I pay a fair amount of attention to British politics, not just because I've always had a biting interest in Ulster and things, and also England and Scotland, oh on my own racial heritage, but my dad wrote his dissertation on British Party politics and specifically how it impacted Cold War policy and things. You know, he became something of an expert. They were in and my folks lived there for a long time. Pet, Yo, what's.
Speaker 2: Up a bunch of the stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to name names, but they they were calling you with Jabroni and saying really out of pocket things.
Speaker 3: I think that was actually you, because when you use that word and chat so many times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they was.
Speaker 3: I think I mean the chief Jabe Broni Carl isn't here. It would be nice if if Jae Browni Carl was here.
Speaker 1: He's got a new Uh he's got a new job, like Carla to get a new job because they took his job. But uh he uh doge took his job?
Speaker 3: Oh what was that?
Speaker 2: Was took my job?
Speaker 1: But uh in any event, Uh, he's actually got us. Actually got a semi legit excuse for not being able to participate. I was gonna, I'm I'm recording mind phaser content before I leave for Virginia. I was gonna do it today with our homie Andy. But then I realized I always fucked this up because of the time change on the West Coast. I realized that conflicted with our live stream. So I fell like an idiot. But so we're gonna do it tomorrow. But you know, he uh, I still intend to start doing either a bi weekly or once monthly pod with both of them guys, or or a stream with a discreet focus on genuine popular culture stuff, you know, because that's especially Andy's very much sort of in the midst of that, and that's important to partisan activity.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It was a big Sam Francis point, but also even guys a lot more radical in Sam Francis, that's what they were up on, you know. And Ian Stewart was a craftier guy than people credited him. I mean, I like rock and roll, and I like rockins Communism, and I you all got high school, there was one shop where you could buy like Rockins Communism records, and you know they'd have screwdriver tapes and anyp's and stuff. But at point being, I always liked the installed and all of that. But even if you're not into his jams, you know he was. He was craftier than people think, man, and that was his whole point point is like, look, you know, youth has to quit system culture and we got to build our own thing.
Speaker 2: And there's a reason why.
Speaker 1: There's a reason why system culture is always trying to imitate the street, you know, because it's a counterfeit iteration of something that is, you know, both a rallying point and a a sociological mechanism of building, of Cadri building. But before you joined us, and thanks, thanks again for doing this with me, of course, I was talking about the United Kingdom, you know, and like my folks lived there for a lot of years, you know, and my mom fit in there very well. Like my dad always made the point, like my dad always had like respect for the English, but he also like looked at him as kind of like silly feminine motherfuckers. I can tell us by the way he talks, because uh, you know, uh, my dad's like an okie from the Los Angeles street at base, no matter how how a polished he is. But like my mom fit in with like society, Scottish and English ladies. She was like a big hit with them. But you know, and my my folks were there like right when the troubles kicked off and stuff. So I grow in a very like Anglophone quote of the household. What any event, you know, Like my dad's pH d thesis was on parliamentary politics and Britain, particularly how it impacted the Cold War situation of stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So I've always had an interest in the UK, and I mean to this day, and I was surprised how the media was actually being pretty softball about about King Charles. That motherfucker's got mony python character. He's just complete goof and like they used to really like riff on him for being like a jag off, but now they're acting like he's uh now they're acting like some great statesman or something, or I mean and in America too, Like I I don't understand it, man, because uh, I actually heard a couple of the girls at the Landmark and he was like, I mean they're women, They're like, they're not girls, but I mean I'm old so but these are ladies like in their late twenties and early thirties, and they were like talking about the royals in King Charles like that was just like blue haired old women were into that. But I mean, I guess it's you know, like like females get into that.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: Was your dad's book Liberal Politics and England.
Speaker 1: Briton, Yeah, it's one of them, but that was that was that was his thesis that got turned into a book, and he he identified as schismatic tendency within the within the Tory Party, and he basically predicted Thatcherism because he said that, you know, increasing that's the cold as the tot ended. I mean he was writing like years before his has happened. But I guess they ended there's gonna be a right word shift and terms of cold war hawks within the party. And then he said that, you know, the Liberal Party is going to become a spoiler element. You know, it's interesting like somebody came to pass. Some of it didn't, but the overall trend was something identified. But I was on this tip lately because I uh, you know the one Threads it was it was like the UK counterpart to the Day After, except it came out before. I think it came out in eighty four. The day after it came out in eighty five. You ever seen Threads. I don't think it's a pretty horrific movie. What it's about is it's about a nuclear war between NATO and Warsaw Pacts Circle nineteen eight, you know able Archer era, and the focus is on this city at Sheffield, and I think something like eighty megatons fall in the UK. So the UK is just obliterated, you know, I mean, unlike I make the point in my book that there was always a gross dishonesty in the public conversation about nuclear war in this country, Like mutually sure destruction is nonsense. And this idea that you know, there's no victory condition in nuclear war is nonsense. The whole Carl Sagan paradigm is nonsense. However, the UK could not have survived a nuclear war. They just couldn't. So threads. Obviously things are more critical than and you know, the UK played a strategically really significant role in the Cold War, like I think we talked about the last week, you know, the Greenland Iceland UK Gap, a song about this with Raging Mandrel. You know, the basically for Soviet for Soviet SLBM platforms to break out into the open ocean, they had to shoot the Greenland Greenland, Iceland UK gap otherwise they boxed then and those subs had to be able to reach striking range of the Connell. The Uited States, like Typhoon class subs could have just you know, they could have sat under the ice in Antarctica and they could have shot their payload and hit conne the United States. But for a true to truly wreck the continent, they need to be able to break out in the open ocean. And plus they also have to knock out obviously enemy platforms. So an event of a general nuclear war, if your warsaw pack, you're gonna want to knock out the United Kingdom immediately. And the best way to do that is the like shoves as twenties up their ass and until everybody, you know, just to be sure. And Powell made that point. Powell was wrong on some things, he was right on a lot of other things. And I got big respect for him because he was he was the only real champion that the people have all stirhead you know in in Downing Street with with access to Downing Street. Rather you know, I'm not talking about one off, uh you know, polemicist and and real where I was just like Paisley who could insane with their way into coalition governments and and and the squeeze concessions out.
Speaker 2: I mean, he he was.
Speaker 1: He was a guy who actually a clout, you know with the City of London and stuff. But uh, you know, he made the point that you know, the the UK basically is uh is acting as is acting as a suicide pawn in in the Cold War. And you know, the nuclear the nuclear deterrent of the UK was a deterrent to name only because it's it's it's not as if there was anything approaching parody of the Warsaw Pact. But also you know, it's why why are we gonna die for? Why why are we gonna kill off our race for the sake of you know, the the United States seeking out of victory and evented general warfare. I think it was right, of course, but it uh, the so this was a big deal, and like the UK disarmament movement was in fact deeply funded by Warsaw Pact. Like I'm not saying that. I mean, these people were kind of pieced like lefties, but I think a lot of them their heart was in the right place. They weren't like, they weren't like shit bag race trader wokies or something. I mean some of them were, but some of them weren't. But uh, you know, the the the Soviets were incessantly trying to flip the political culture of the UK, and uh, I'd say in part they did. Man like the Cambridge five. Uh, it was pretty nuts, you know, and there was no comparable circumstance that occurred in America or the bundes Republic and the West Germans who defected they had it was they hit a different sensibility, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But uh that that book, the Fourth Protocol, I think that's Frederic Forrest. I get him, I get him confused with John McCurry. You know, Frederick Forsyth wrote The Dogs of War, which is an awesome book. John McCurry wrote a Tinker sailor, soldier spy. But the Fourth Protocol, Uh, it's all about Kim Philby. I mean, it's all it's it's it's it's a it's a cold war thriller kind of book. And the Fourth Protocol I won't bored with the details, but it's supposedly the secret protocol relating the you know, an unwritten convention relating the nuclear war and what sorts of platforms can be deployed. But uh, Kim Philby is a is a character in the book, you know, and it's interesting and uh one of the one aspect of the book is that, uh there's this cell within the Labor Party who are basically hardline Stalinists, and they're they're there a client element of the Kremlin, you know, and uh, there's this one guy they're grooming for to be prime minister, you know. And the idea is that ultimately, uh, ultimately, you know, the UK can be flipped as a communist country. And I think meanwhile too, the same element there. Uh, they've they've radicalized this this uh, this schismatic faction of the pro provisional IRA who are still hardline Marxist Leninists, and they're plotting like mass terror attacks in London as attention strategy. It's it's actually kind of an interesting book back when that whole genre was popular by fail anything writers. Like now it's just like now, let's say, it's just like faggot like monkey faced idiots like like Pete hegg sets and butt buddies with names like how it's r Thor and it's like, you know, it's like, you know, Captain America has to stop the New Holocaust because it's Lomo Fishes are a breeding Nazi super soldiers to exterminate every Jewish person and make butt plugs illegal, you know, and and then like if that happens, uh, they'll also going to like release like a strain of super age that will like kill Pete hagg Seth and everyone.
Speaker 2: Else in the bath house.
Speaker 1: But back in the day, like there's actually some cool techno thrillers. And I stayed by Tom Klancy actually being a good dude. Like he wrote some dumb shit, but he wrote some really good stuff too, Like Red Storm Rising is fucking awesome. I've brought October is awesome. The Cardinal the Kremlin is pretty interesting. And also, you know, he died fairly young. He's like one of those dudes. I'm not being flippant, but he's one of those guys you get basically his help a looking at him. He at any moment, he's gonna dive a heart attack.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: He was like, he's like a slightly overweight guy who like spent a lot of time in office cheer and like was really into esoteric navel trivia. It's like that guy's gonna dive a heart attack. Yeah, the exception of that rule was John Madden, but John Madden was like immortal. But in any event, you know Clancy uh after uh September eleventh, they were trying to corral him as as a one of their medium mouthpieces, like they did Giuliani. You know, that's back when people liked Giuliani. Like now summer reason everybody hates him. Like I never really liked Giuliani, but I don't understand why liked. People literally hate his ass. But uh, they're trying to coach. He's like a greasy Diego vampire. Yeah, he's not aged well and uh he's I always thought he was a creepy guy. And his father actually was you know he's now he's a Sicilian Albanian, so he's like he's like two layers of fucking shit eight ball, But his dad was you know, his dad was a was a mafia associate who did dirt in the street, which is one reason why Giuliani became like mister super cop as a state's attorney. I mean, the Gambino family and they're still running ship. You know, he had a contract on him. Like the guy is not a pussy. I mean he you know that wasn't a joke.
Speaker 3: Remember when we were kids and and Mario Cuomo was governor in New York and they interviewed him and he said the mafia doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what are you doing? Yeah, yeah, yeah, what's all there too? Like me, that was like in the days too, like when a when a when mob guys were like more Seveille than heads of state, you know, and it's like, look man, that that went out with that went out with Joe Volacci. But uh no, but uh, they were trying to poach Tom Clancy to you know, be some cheerleader for the for the war effort. He wouldn't do it, you know, And so he became personed on Grada because he's like this is a terrible He's like that this distriggity frame or makes no sense. This is a terrible idea. Nine to eleven was entirely predictable. And uh, why why are you invading Afghanistan? Why does that mean we should invade Florida to because they provided aid and comfort the tear. I mean, you know, so he he did the right thing. And I maintain Red Storm Rising, uh the way that that the setup, I I thought it was too techno thriller ish I because you know, in Red Storm Rising there's these moonshot bean. Uh they blow up, Uh they they blow up this pipeline in Kazakhstan and that that spends the Soviet economy, which is you know, teetering on the brink of collapse anyway, into into a genuine crisis. And this guy who's obviously supposed to be a standard for Ustinov, he basically puts it to the pullet throw that look like we an event of war. You know, we we can't sustain in operational capability, you know, long enough to to reach the Atlantic, let alone the Rhine. You know, we we've got to strike now. Basically, so their big plan is to stage they stage another terrorist attack, which was the false flag, where they plant a bomb in the supreme Soviet I think, and and blow up a bunch of their own people, which is actually some of the Russians might might do.
Speaker 2: But then.
Speaker 1: You know, they uh, they used it the catalyst for a general push in the Middle East, you know, and replenish their strategic oil reserves, you know, and then assault across the inner German border, you know, and the war doesn't go nuclear because cooler edge prevail. But there's a the interplay of the weapons systems which were then cutting edge, you know, circing eighty five. It's well written, an interesting A couple years before that this guy damned Hackett. I think it's Sir Edward Hackett. I think he was this UK general and he wrote a book called the Third World War. But he wrote it in such a way that I can't remember that. This is a literary device that I can't remember the term for it. But it's written as if it's a real event that's happening. So it's like news dispatches and things like that you can develop like a conceptual picture. And like after ACTRA reports of NATO fighting, warsaw packed and then there was a follow up called World it was just called World War three, and then it was World War three the Untold story, which is sort of like this addendum where at you know, like company a battalion level, there's a British and West German and American, uh, you know, like infantry and armored commanders like were lang was happening. I thought it was cool when I was a kid. It was interesting because the British Army in those days produced a lot of a lot of real serious military thinkers. You know they hearge Frank Kitson admirer. Like I'm not saying Kitsten is like a good man. You should like him, and I know that our Irish friends, I'm gonna think I'm I'm trying to be inflammatory.
Speaker 2: I'm not at all. Kits and.
Speaker 1: Kitson understood asymmetrical and counter surtaerty warfare and in a way that I don't think any I don't know there's any us chiropart tool, so maybe Hackworth, but even that's imperfect of comparison. But yeah, I uh, I uh, I maintain that clients.
Speaker 2: He was one of the one of the good guys.
Speaker 1: There's something I lost, a thought that I had, I wanted to raise something I hate fucking hate it when it happens.
Speaker 2: I uh oh the yeah, the the case on episode seems to be popping. Man.
Speaker 1: People haven't given me a lot of props on it. It's good, excellent, Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I'm sorry that I'm so. I'm better better today. I might have been better the last couple of days, but I I was still fighting some fatigue, man, So forgive me for not going for a full hour. But yeah, we'll do we'll do a follow up when we when we record again, and we'll get into some of the Yeah. And that's uh, that's important too, because like I said, I mean, I and I include this in a in my book. Uh, there's a whole discussion of case on there's a discussion of me life for you know, wait, which is important. It's it's for a lot of reasons because that does that that was a matter of tactical doctor and it wasn't this anomalous war crime. I I'm not I'm not making some like like liberal human rights argument. I mean I think it was. I think free fires munch are fucked up, like, don't get me wrong, But what happened Melife four was very much above board until the concrete particulars were relayed that uh, you know, what was actually underway in free fire zones was.
Speaker 2: The targeting of of of everybody.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, it's kind of hard to believe that people back home didn't know what was going on, considering they were posting death counts, like you know, enemy death counts since nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the reasoning of people was and despite the fact that there's I mean, don't get me wrong, there was a fifth column in US media that was sabotaging the war effort, but there wasn't. But there weren't elements embedded with the infantry, you know, in pink fill or something. So when the army through stars and stripes and the after action reports said that, you know, we assaulted Meli four, you know, and we killed foreigner VIDIA hostiles, the presumption is those their military age males, and that they were actively under arms. Like people didn't understand that. Okay, everybody who was friendly was evacuated. They were told you aren't being evacuated. If you remain, you are considered a categorical enemy. And the people refused. We relocated strategic hamlets, whether by coercion or whether owing to partisan commitment. They were providing aid and comfort to the VC, so they were fair targets for destruction. And everybody who understood that. And what was asinine is, you know, Lieutenant Kelly, literally this twenty three year old guy, you know, who was sort of out of his element in a command role. So you're telling me that this twenty three year old platoon leader he went berserk, decided all on his own to massacre hundreds of people just because he was mad, and that you know these season NCOs, who has anyone who's been in the service in a combat infantry platoon. I'll tell you like the real authority on platoon. His NCOs were like, okay, bet yeah, we're gonna do it. Ernst Medina, who was universally feared throughout America Division, you know, and who was uh Kelly's company Commander Kelly basically just like gave him the finger and like went rogue. It's it's it's you gotta be an idiot if you believe that. Okay. But also, I mean that's what counterinsurancy doctrine is. And in the book, I make the point one of things fasting about War two. It's how that there's many different wars. Like if you were fighting in North Africa, you were fighting a totally different war. Then if you were with the Army Group North in archangel and Leningrad, And if you were on the Western Front as like a folks part of Deer and the last year of the war, your experience was totally different than in the Ast Front. But one of the most intense theaters was in the Balkans, you know, and Uh on the frontier of what was the NDAH because a large swath the Boston Hertzegovina was incorporated into the independent state of Croatia, you know, there was this on going. Uh there's this three way counter insurgency where the the Rmacht and uh the Croatian Home Guard and the Vafan SS they were fighting the Chetniks. They were also fighting the Partisans, you know, and the Partisans in the Chetniks were also fighting each other. And uh, you know, that's that's one of the that's one of the those one of the primaries and responsibility for for uh hands are thirteenth the SS. You know, who is a Bosniak formation because Pavlich grew up in a town that was with a substantial Maslim population, and he knew a lot about Sunni Islam and uh, you know, the according to the racial racial codes of the ndh uh, Bosniaks were racial Croatians. But uh, you know, pavolotch Uh, the Bosniacts and the and the ethnic cross were very much allied. There were some tensions there, but generally that's the way it shakes out to this day. Then the Homeland War was a little bit different and complicated, but anyway, there was this counterinsurance he fight in Yugoslavia or what became Yugoslavia, and uh it shook out very much like not a tagical level. You know, there'd be the the Hrmacht. They talk some village honcho, some Serbian village honcho who like assure them that you know, he he wanted not with the chet Nicks, you know. But then like lo and behold, uh, you know, they take sniper fire from that same village. Then it comes down from on high like okay, like kill everybody, you know, like these people or enemies, they're they're jetniks, you don't kill them all. And that, you know, like literally identical to what went down and themb you know, it's this obviously, you know that's nothing new. But the middle portion of my book, I mean, that's what I deal with is pers at every juncture, everything that every everything that was alleged by the National Military Tribunal, and it's come to constitute what America claims is, you know, the laws of warfare, like America literally does every single one of those things, you know, and I mean even beyond that, because Standing Doctrine from nineteen sixty five sixty six until nineteen ninety one was an.
Speaker 2: Event of nuclear war.
Speaker 1: To the victory metric was was killing approximately eighty million civilians in the Soviet Union, you know, you go, you don't. You don't get to fall back on evil Nazis when that's when the siop is. You know, our victory metric is to annihilate an entire civilization. You know, that's what assured destruction is. A sure destruction is unlike emyd Assured destruction actually as a meaning, it's not some polemical device. It's a strategic concept in nuclear war planning. It's the point at which an enemy society has absorbed such catastrophic attrition it can no longer reconstitute. And in the case of the Soviet Union that would have in the sixties or seventies, that would have to make killing between sixty and one hundred million people, which is almost unfathomable. You know, when you think about it, I think people, i think I'm flippant on this stuff because I'm prone to pointing out that there's an idiotic discourse around nuclear weapons that is now. But I mean, make no mistake, nuclear weapons, particularly from the air of the hydrogen bomb onward, are pretty horrific man. And I get into that in my book two, The Lie of the German Atomic Bomb and How Einstein through the Border of Jewish deputies, and through his coreligionists and ideological fellows and the focus in the UK through Wall Street connections, we're able to get an audience with Roosevelt and sell him on this lie that there was a German.
Speaker 2: Atomic bomb being developed.
Speaker 1: So but I mean, why would you know, Zionists who have an app racial hatred of Europeans, Like, why would they think twice about devising weapons that could literally annihilate the continent? And people need to be clear on that. That's what the atomic bomb was for. It was two wage nuclear war in Europe and genocide Europe out of existence. Like no, nobody does that, Like no nobody, nobody annihilate nobody self annihilates their civilization, you know. And that's that's why I've got no that's why I've got no tolerance for boomer boomer truth. They're like, well, these people just misguide. It's like, no, you don't. You don't get to pull that card, you know, you don't get to I mean, he's go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me ask you a question. What was what was the confessional makeup of most of the Germans who were in who were in Danzig in in nineteen thirty.
Speaker 1: Nine, they're mostly Lutheran. I mean, Danzig was a Prussian city for practical purposes, right, you know, and the Coulter comp which was the Bismarcky and beyond effort to protestant Ize Prussia quite literally, like supposedly, I don't know if this is apogryphy or not. Supposedly the Kaiser's wife wouldn't even let Catholics in her home, Okay, I mean, uh, I The ascendancy of of of the Fear, among other things, suggests that that sectarian cultural schism had been remedied, you know. But Hitler was unusual. He was a Habspurd Catholic who uh, whose core of political support was in the Protestant semi rural north, and who identified the German roy because the legacy government of Prussia. But uh, yeah, Danzig was uh it was an austprouse uh city for a practical purposes.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons, I am one of the reasons I asked this because Beck was a Calvinist.
Speaker 1: So I mean, we're, yeah, there's there's there's there's German Calvinists, just like there's Hungarian Calvinists.
Speaker 2: They're the minority.
Speaker 3: But you know, well, well, Beck what was Beck's I mean, I could see if if Denzig was a German Catholic city. What I'm just looking for like religious animosity between Beck as a Calvinist and and you know the German population of Beck was an unusual guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, uh, Pitsolski, what Pinsolski was that was viewed as kind of the reasonable man of that, I mean Pinsolski was was dead by the time of that of Colonel Beck's ascendancy. No the read uh Daniel uh or Donald Day? You know he I think I was talking about him the other day. Donald Day was a He was Robert R. McCormick's uh like right hand man at the Chicago Tribune, and he was invited by the Moscow Media Bureau to report on what was happening in the Soviet Union, you know, like in the thirties, and he basically refused to lie about the reality of the faminine stuff. So he got he got banished from the Soviet Union, and you know, he became an arch America first year. And he was quoted as saying, you know, in the eve of war when he was in Warsaw, he said two things that were attributed to him, not not incorrectly, but as examples of his like perfectest character or whatever. He said that it's going to be a bitter medicine. But he said Europe's gonna have to swallow a large dose of national socialism to expel the poison from itself. And then he said too that the polls basically deserved everything they got. He's like, did this pigheaded people who who got this totally outsized and unwarranted national pride. They think that they're entitled to dominate Central Europe, that they can exhibit utter contempt with the Russians and the Germans, like meanwhile, you know, swag treating their own minorities with a sort of contemptuous swaying swimming superiority, like despite having like no appreciable you know, military capability, despite having a totally backwards system, you know, despite having an economy that is failing even by the standards of you know, the eighteen seventies. It's like, you know, fuck these people, they're like the Ukrainians of the of the nineteen thirties. And but I mean that's what it was. There wasn't some rational Hitler basically gave the Poles the world and the Polish response was, fuck you, We're gonna, We're going to war and we're gonna be in Berlin in months. It's like trying to negotiate with Ukrainians, you know, like, uh, the uh all the Germans wanted, the Germans said that we need the ability to defend it depth, so we will guarantee Polish security, you know, through operational integration. All we want is a mutual defense packed against Moscow. And uh, we want dedicated access to Danzig. And they're like Danzig even remain under Polish political authority, like like Hitler basically bent over backwards. And the Polish response was that, you know, Poland's greatest country on Earth. You know, we're where we're gonna rule Berlin and and and then we're gonna and then we're gonna you know, back down Moscow.
Speaker 2: Totally like peak delusion. That's why that's funny.
Speaker 3: My my Polish side, both set to my great grandparents on both sides left like thirty years like left in nineteen ten and nineteen eleven respectively. They're like getting the fuck out of here. We're going to America.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I like I said, I like Polish people. I mean there's a huge amount of them here we we've got the largest Polish population outside of Poland here.
Speaker 3: You know some around Poles. I like Poles, They're they're good Western people. Pennsylvania is pretty it got a pretty good Polish population.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a lot of a lot, a lot of a lot of Polish people are are are a lot of Polish people are are are were forcibly slavitized germs. So, I mean, it's it's it's stupid, like hate on Poles on I mean, you shouldn't go and hating people anyway, but yeah's adding like Poles, a bunch of Mongols. It's like, well a lot of them actually Germans Man that you know, got so that's but they're no, they're I'm speaking of their government and their whole political class was totally dysfunctional.
Speaker 2: And uh, you.
Speaker 3: Know when you grow up, when you grew up with Polish grand parents, you yet I knew every Polish joke growing up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I know a ton of them because uh, where I live and my older is good.
Speaker 2: What do you go ahead? Oh?
Speaker 3: Sorry, oh I would saying when I was when I was growing up, we had this book. It was one of those books that was like half half one book half the other. You flip it over and it was two books and one was Polish jokes and the other one was Italian jokes. That was in my house brought. Yeah, I like Italian jokes too, Like was that men an Italian? A Puerto Rican with a job? Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But what's what does WAP stand for? Without papers? The what's an Italian virgin? The ugly twelve year old can outrunner brothers?
Speaker 2: Uh? No?
Speaker 1: I I I'm a big fan of Italians and they make they make the best food, and they make the best clothes. And you know, like I said, I I end the uh, I end the Italian guys and Lantin guys because they I wish I could get away with the the kinds of fifth that they do. I think I do okay for ah uh, you know a Redneckish Peckerwood type guy. But I mean you got your your your ethnic. Jack had a determined your style, like back when black people know what he dressed, you know, like James Brown, who like always look great like black guys old You'll see older black guys are still dressed good and like I envy them too because it's like man that that's like an awesome suit that I could like never pull off. But yeah, if you if you drive by a black church like on on Sunday morning, Uh, the older black guys always have the fit going oh yeah, no, one hundred percent, yeah, yeah, that's uh. But I'm aling to remember the sea change too, because even when I'm like I talk to Big d about that because uh, you know, he told me like back and then you know he's and he's only about ten or eleven years older than me, and he's like, yeah, he's like one of the reasons, Uh, he's like one of the reason I wanted to be like an al Rouken is because he's like the rogans and the vice lords were like he's like those good dudes, like dressed better than everybody. And then like uh, within a few years, like uh, win a few years and you've got guys like Iced Tea like trying to make it out of these iceberg slim but he's wearing like a starter jacket on, like a ball cap, like they're not wrong going like ball cast but it's like number ten, you're like number ten, you're like ron O'Neill or fucking iceberg slim. But you're like dressed like a fucking you're dressed like just some like random dude, you know, Like I mean that's not that it's like what happened to you guys forgot how to dress, but also like black dudes forgot how to play figure out how to play the guitar.
Speaker 2: I don't understand that either.
Speaker 3: But it's like Jews forgot how to play basketball.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: To be fair though, like the end, but like when people act like, uh, you know, Ozids were the best ballplayers. Basketball was literally like the super segregated like YMCA sports, you know, and so it's like these Jewish guys they were playing against a bunch of four foot tall Italian guys and like the Hungarian team.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like.
Speaker 1: Suddenly like uh literally was like that, like you know, ghetto wise, it wasn't even like uh, you know the leatherhead days of football where uh you know football was uh was basically rugby and then it transitioned into you know, the pigskin game.
Speaker 2: As we know it.
Speaker 1: But it's like, uh yeah, the well plus two. It's kind oflicated like the best uh you had some decent Jewish pugs of the lighter divisions like Fritzy Zivich. Max Bayer was only like a quarter Jewish, I mean know, I mean wrong. They were like Jewish heavyweights, a good bang.
Speaker 2: But it's.
Speaker 1: The tribal states that ship, like just by the ways that there will always be some like nebushy weirdo looks like l Goldstein writing a book like you know big when she was with Tough This is my book about being in Jewish babies. We only rama Manuel like he wrote, and like north Shore magazine when motherfucker's running from mirror and I get me wrong, ironically like Perferson, the sounds I preferred rm the fucking daily daily with a piece of ship, you know, like uh like a literal like babbling retard and man beaty like daily the sun not not boss daily, but uh like ram uh Rom grew up around well Met, which is a good town and it's actually more waspy than a lot of the North Shore. Not that it's like a great thing like wasp don't like me either, Like I was making that point of people, especially uh, especially.
Speaker 2: Some of our.
Speaker 1: Some of our ghetto wise Catholic friends who like you would burn. I'm like bro, like I I get thrown out of wasp environments, motherfucker. Like I'm I'm I'm, I'm the bastard burden and I are like the bastard cousins they're ashamed of. It's like, you know, you don't get it. So do I look like I belong to a fucking country club?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I do not, But I think it is as long as is long a storm, he is down with the he'll be out.
Speaker 2: No, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: Like I like Peter Brimlow, like he like he likes me and Jack like part of that, for that part of it, for that reason, like when I when we met him, he came up to me and I was wearing uh, I was running my battle jacket and like an ILSA shirt. But you know I've got uh I got the red hand like Ulster flag and he's like, that's an interesting chuck at you have on. And he's like, I'd like your Northern Ireland flag. But then like when we were at the OGC Virginia, you know, like Wallbank team Wollbanger's thing, like Brimlow, he made a point to like invited me and Jack to sit at his table, you know, which is dope because like he he's he's just a good dude, you know, and he's a you know, he's like an old Scottish guy. But he yeah, he he likes me and Jack because we're we're ulster Basters. But uh, but no, there there really is like a cultural divide. That's one of the reasons.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And like, don't get me wrong, when I was in high school, like Forest is kind of wasp Central. You got some like rich Greeks there and stuff now too, but that's traditionally the Lost part Land, you know, I was from. I was from farther south in the at you know, and like my town was like very Jewish and very ethnic and very Catholic. And I went to the I went to the Reform Prisby Church, you know, like uh a little close to the lake. But the uh, like the deer Field make Forest guys. If I if I like showed up at their parties, they weren't like upset or something. It's just that we lived kind of like parallel, but I hadn't respecting lives. It's like it's the thing I do itself. Storm will tell you that.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm gonna ask you about I was gonna ask you about this Did you ever see Stars the cable channel. Stars was putting out some pretty good stuff for a few years there, but they were only doing like two seasons. They would end it real quick. Did you ever see Boss with Kelsey Grammar play in the main or Chicago?
Speaker 2: No, but I'm familiar with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, yeah, I think you'd enjoy it. There was another show they did. It was called Magic City, and it took place in Miami in the fifties, and it basically showed how like the Mob was Jewish in Miami at the time.
Speaker 1: No, that's why they get into that a little bit in Donnie Brasco, but it's subtle.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, this is explicit. This is explicit. It's it's actually a pretty good show. But you could tell they like either ran out of funding or they just cut it because at the at the end of the second season the show ends. But I mean it was just it ended kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Pete Hudter said, Kitty on Boss was smoking hot. Yeah that's the Yeah, the character of like his assistant. Oh my god, No, a lot of there's a bunch of dope ash shows.
Speaker 2: Shit, man.
Speaker 1: My favorite show of all time was Crime Story which you got really weird. But that only went two seasons, you know, and that they did it on a cliffhanger. That's fascinating too, because that we got to do a show on that Mimmyvice, Crime Story, Twin Peaks, Wise Guy, and this wasn't you had insane talent making primetime shows. You had fucking David Lanch Michael Mann. Wise Guy was a crazy show and one of the later seasons, it had a bunch of the cast it well, it had what it had Jonathan Banks, you know, like Mike Irman Trout, he was on it, Darlene Flugel or Daryl Anne Flugel who was a crime story and Mimmyvice veteran, she was on it. A bunch of other people from Twin.
Speaker 2: Peaks were on it.
Speaker 1: And you can tell that the narrative device, there was a lot of cross pollination with Twin Peaks as well as with Crime Story and Vice. And it's because that was around the time of the writers strike too, so you could tell like weird things were happening and different ips were poaching different talent. But it's the kind of stuff you'd never see on prime time these days, you know, when uh, I love Crime Story because, uh, you know, at Dennis Farina and had a bunch of guys from Thief like uh, like Johnny Santucci. He actually was an outfit guy. And it was embarrassing because during Crime Story he got arrested for robbing, uh, vending machines, you know, like jimmying open the lots and taking all the quarters away. But he Johnny Santucci was a He wasn't even an actor. He was when when Dennis Frino was Chicago p D. He'd arrested Johnny Santucci a bunch of times. So like when you know, when he got his acting role on Crime Story, Michael Mann's like, you know, like I'd like to tell some guys, you know, who were active in the early sixties. He's like, oh, let me let me call this guy. I know I arrested a bunch of times, and like Santucci was such a nut and so it's like a caricature. Michael Mann's like, I like, he's got to like be on this show. And Ted Levine like he he played this outfit guy he was obviously supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Frank Holheimer, there's this great book It's impossible to find now called the cat Burglars. You know the reason why Thief the plot shakes out the way it does like a high end uh jewelry theft was a huge thing in Chicago, you know, for various reasons, and the outfit was taxing that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Basically, it's like, you know, it's it's you know, and it's been shook down like it didn't thief, you know, and it's like if you're if your chops are good enough, it's like we'll put you to work and will guarantee you scores. But it's like if you're freelance, fine, but if you if you don't kick uf, you die. But you know it, Uh. Crime story gets into all of that, and it's just got a great cast. Andrew dice Clay, who actually has I mean, he's he's an idiot of a comedian. He wasn't at all funny. He was a dickhead. But his uh, his acting shops are pretty good. He played this dude, Uh, he played a Jewish mob guy from Miami. And the third is going with it and this guy who's obviously supposed to be Meyer Lanski is like who he kicks up to? But no, just uh incredible stuff. And that's people don't realize either that the season long narrative arc of show that all shows, you know, that was invented by Crime Story and Mimmy Weice and Wise Guy and Twin Peaks. That wasn't the convention before, like individual episodes like standalone things and you know, pre uh pre cable. I mean, go ahead, you know Coppola. Coppola used to make his actors hang out with mob guys. He might to make him spent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he used to make them spend yeah, which which is like, okay, I does Copla know all these mob guy but the yeah, they all the guys and Godfather had to spend time with mob guys and be around them.
Speaker 1: No, the god The Godfather is a great movie, people, it's not. I far prefer stuff like Mean Streets. Like Mean Streets is the greatest whole time Mafia movie Mean Streets and Casino, and like Casino is awesome. It was a bunch Chicago, That's why it's so fucking savage. But uh no, The Godfather is dope. My problem with it is Marlon Brando is actually a terrible actor and he almost ruins the movie.
Speaker 3: H James James Khan is like Sonny is the best character.
Speaker 1: No, James conn is always awesome. No, And al Pacino is awesome, especially in that ero and unlike like like uh like Robert de Niro is literally retarded like on al Pacino though like never isn't a retard and didn't like make.
Speaker 2: A fool himself.
Speaker 3: Duval's really good in that too, especially when he goes to La to see the director. I mean his his acting in that is just so amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, level yeah. And the guy who plays Luca Brozzi's awesome. Lucia Brozzi is like the Terminator. Uh like when he show so up, does everybody dies?
Speaker 2: What? No?
Speaker 1: I like The Godfather, man, I stay by The Godfather three. It's a good movie.
Speaker 2: I saw in the.
Speaker 3: Theater movie if it stands If it stands by itself, it's a good movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if people want it either.
Speaker 1: I mean, admittedly I was like a teenager, but that came out like right when school was letting out nineteen ninety, like when I was in high school, and I remember it was funny how it broke down, because uh, that's back when people still got really concerned about like violence, at the movie theater, which did happen sometimes. But you know Nu Jack City, which is a terrible movie.
Speaker 3: It is terrible. Oh dude, it's hilarious. It is like it's so over the top restarted.
Speaker 1: Well it's also I like Christopher like hitting the crack paces take them like and they call people like pooky is like it, you know, meaning like you're a crackhead. But we had there like some guy from like Bell Bib Devo or something you're supposed to believe he's like a tough guy or well all things was like insane. It's like how it's like how some like a Hollywood guy and some like drug cop from the Day program like thinks shit actually is, which means there's like no relationship reality, you know.
Speaker 2: And then uh, that's.
Speaker 1: As like the way I used Tea proved he's like a big sellout, you know. And then like he then we was like called on if you have to like lame no no, no, He's like yo, man yo. If a police like they did in my movie, I'd want to be a police man. I'm saying this police should act not that I like, I like the police, like shut up, you fuck. It's like you're a you're literally like doing like war on drugs, propping into and playing a fucking pig. You know, it's like, don't even fucking come with it, alibi. But uh, by any event, it was uh all all the like, uh like all the uh you go to the theater, particularly like someplace, uh like I don't like the western burbs or I'm like the north side of the city. I'd be like a bunch of white kids and like Guido Away was like going to see god Bar the Three and a bunch of like black and Spanish kids going to see New Jack Scene. It was like self segregation with tea. But uh but anyway, I went to see it with a couple of friends and like a few girls we knew, and I'm like, that's awesome. And I was thought Joe Montine was cool and uh when he assaults the casino with the choppers and I can't remember exactly if I can't remember, it's guys with like a k's if there's actual like vulcans like blasting away, but either way, it's fucking cool. And I uh, I mean, I thought it was cool and it wasn't fair just by what people said Sophia Koppel. I actually had acted in a bunch of stuff before that, including Rumblefish, which is an interesting movie, I think, but uh, she got utterly savaged and like this is just nipotism. No man, Winona Ryder was cast in that role. She totally flaked and like got arrested. They ended up in rehab. Coppola had like a month to recast somebody. They're acting like, oh, he just cast his daughter. It's like he didn't though, like what choice did he have? And I mean for what she, I mean for Zakopa is not like beautiful or anything. But but in the movie, that's not why Vincent is gonna marry her, and he loves her, but it's you know, it's because he's he's the heir of the empire. It's like a royal marriage, you know, like it's not like, oh she's so hot, you know. I mean, like, I don't know, I thought it worked.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: It was conspicuous that Robert Duval was gone, but but also made sense too, because like Corleone is at the end of his life. He knows either gonna get whacked or he's gonna, you know, die of natural causes like his father did because his health isn't good and he's remembering, he's remembering Sonny, He's remembering Tom Hagen, you know, because Hagen was his best friend and his adopted brother. And I mean Sonny was was his literal brother. You know, when you get old, you lose people. Man, You know that like it? I thought it was. I thought it was powerful man, and well I thought I thought In the third movie, basically the underlying theme was that he was haunted by by killing afraid. Now, yeah, as any normal, remotely normal person would be. And I don't know what people want. Like, look, the Godfather movies are good, but they're not like high art or something. And like even Mario Puzzo that was when, you know, the paperback era was was huge, and he basically wrote like a violent uh. He basically wrote kind of like a violent pulp novel that would also appeal to women because there's a bunch of like sex and romantic stuff.
Speaker 2: This isn't Shakespeare.
Speaker 1: It's this idea when people were like savaging god Brother three, like they ruined the legacy. I'm like, bro, this isn't Citizen Kane, this isn't Metropolis. It's it's some it's some uh you know, paperback gangster movie, No Go Ahead.
Speaker 3: Which was just funny because like they took The Godfather, which was a pulp novel and turned it into sort of like a you know, like a set piece kind of movie and everything. But Goodfellas was like a serious novel that they turned into pulp because because because the book Wise Guy is a great book, but it's like the major a huge part of that is about the Boston College scandal. It was about the about shaving points in Boston College. And that's barely it's it's barely mentioned in the in the movie. I think the movie is a little Yeah, Maury mentions it like as he's right before he's getting killed, and really they got busted because an FB there was an FBI agent who was like an alum of Boston College and and he like made He's like, I'm gonna make a project out of these guys.
Speaker 2: Right right.
Speaker 1: No, And that same guy, Nicholas Pelegi or whatever, he wrote Casino when and Casino is a great book and a great movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I you know what, to be clear, like I'm not I wasn't I'm not transfering to Godfather, but it's not high art.
Speaker 2: I was fine.
Speaker 1: I mean there's a lot of stuff I like that's you know, not some sort of artistic triumph in the ages.
Speaker 3: But it I mean, the the the whole scene with with Captain McCluskey and and so lotso in in the restaurant. That wasn't shot to be like some kind of you know, like art piece. It was shot to be when is he going to kill him?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: It was like it was more it was a it's a movie. It's a suspense movie.
Speaker 1: It looks a kind of like even though I generally despise Brian to Palma, I really like the movie Scarface, even though that's kind of it's being on a cliche that like a bunch of dumbass rappers like and stuff. But I but I've liked itself as a kid, and it's a really good movie. And it's a good uh you know. I'm a big Howard Hawks guy, you know. And one of the reason I like John Carboner before Carboner like lost his mind and became an idiot, is you know, he he was paying home Howard Hawks a bunch of his stuff. And the original Scarface, the nineteen eighty three Scarface.
Speaker 3: It's like a.
Speaker 1: Legit compliment piece to the original, like nineteen twenty nine Scarface, Like there are a lot of like you know, and they're both awesome.
Speaker 3: What's crazy is in the beginning of the nineteen eighty three to one, it shows you that basically there is a diaspora the size of a big city living under I ninety five, my Miami. And that's true. That actually happened, and people don't realize that there was a literal city that was built under I ninety five that was fenced in and it was Mario Boat. It was like all these basically Castro emptied his prisons and sent them to Miami.
Speaker 2: No. One hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And that's why when people say that, people say, like, O scarface over the top, because it's these Colombians killing people with chained So I was like, first of all, they do that shit. Like secondly, during the cocaine cowboys era, there were dudes blasting at each other with Mac ten's at the shopping mall, like that was happening, you know what I mean, Like this wasn't.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you. I'll tell you privately. One day I knew somebody who owned a cigarette boat at the time, and you know, had mac Ten's and everything like that, and told me some stories. I'll tell you. I won't. I won't sell that story on the air though.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I uh, that's one of the reasons, well, one of the reasons why Michael Man, you know Michael Man's he's a Chicago guy who then went to La He just started filming on Miami vice. It's just like, look, it's like I had an idea about how to take music video optics, which at that it became like a maejorative of like, oh, this is a music video, but there's video optics roun the cutting edge in those days. And I mean you had that's why you guys like David Fincher who came up through music video production. But you know, and he's like, but I didn't I didn't know what I wanted the setting to be. But he's like, I visited Miami and he's like, first of all, there's this huge, uh renovation project, all this like wonderful art deco stuff got restored, you know. But then also they're like just like obscene amounts of cocaine money or flooding into Miami. And Michael Mann is like, what the hell's going on here? This isn'tsane, you know, and that's why. And he felt like it encapsulated, you know, the the epoch and stuff, and it was just sort of like a natural and like the weirdness, you know, like there's uh, there's just weird characters in Florida. It's like Florida Man's a real thing, you know.
Speaker 4: It's that Uh the scene at the end of of Miami Vice out out where the busses don't run when when they're driving out there and Brothers in Arms is playing by.
Speaker 3: That's that's not a music video. That is like that is serious drama and like emotion.
Speaker 1: No, and Bruce McGill was a is a great actor and that's yeah. That the whole character at Hank Weldon too, and you realize, uh, like Sonny Crockett realizes, you know, that it's of his mind that he's going to turn into Hank Weldon.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: No, Mimi Miami Wife was more poignant than people thought. And uh, the even the later seasons that people kind of criticized for not being as good, and I mean, I'll buy some of the criticism, but the two part series finale Free fall or basically months before just cause it it's like it's about operation just cause you know, and crocking and tubs are on the ground because they're like basically.
Speaker 2: Like they they.
Speaker 1: They get sort of uh press gang into the assault package of Dea. That was really well done. And plus at the end too, like that when the DA guy when they when they when he realizes that he was basically getting this Norriega guy out because Dea owed him favors, you know, and then and then the DA I said the crock and he's like, look, he's like, I don't know what you think this job is. But he's like, there's not good guys and bad guys. He's like, we're here to stop that real estate. You're just we're visiting from going red. That's what matters, you know. It's not about like getting kids off drugs. And like in the eighties that was actually pretty subversive for like a fucking primetime show. No ba, It's the whole message ony Vice is the war on drugs is bullshit, you know, I mean starting nineteen eighty five that that.
Speaker 3: Was actually pretty Rob Palmers, Yeah, Rob Palmer saying Man's Miami Vice film from two thousand and six is Asia incredibly well. In my updation, I remember it being universally panned this awful when it dropped it. I remember not being a fan at first, but I rewatched it a few years ago and a shot up by Michael Mann power ranks.
Speaker 1: No, it's awesome. The only problem is the gross miscast is Gong Lead because she's got like the sex appeal the tether ball and there's like zero chemistry between her and Colin Ferrell. But no, Tom Towells does like the ab hitter and at the opening when they're doing business with the Russians and uh, I can't remember what.
Speaker 2: Kind of gad he's got.
Speaker 1: Every buddy, uh he just says like, yo, hey I've been I've only been doing business with the fboi brother. Then he just like opens up autom like that's fucking does like clutched Miami Vice stuff too.
Speaker 3: And the.
Speaker 2: It's also like.
Speaker 1: A total period piece, like the scene were crossing the opening scene with Crockett. He goes into the bar and there's like a shadowed answer with body paint on and it's that jay Z and Lincoln Park jam playing and like everybody's obviously fucked up on ecstasy, like that's that's that that is like two thousand and six, you know, and but it also shows too unlike in uh the original version. But other than the fact that uh, Crockett and Tubs are ripping around at Ferrari forty and to be clear, you know the scene where when they're racing to meet their in format who just found out his wife is murdered, the flames like blast out of like the forties exhaust for a minute. Okay, when you that does happen, it's not like Hollywood a bunch of like wanta be gear queers, where like, oh, that doesn't happen, Like there's no flames with the banks, like yeah, there are. It's all over fucking YouTube.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: But no, that vice two thousand and six is dope. I thought Public Enemies was dope.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I don't like Collateral. That just seemed to me like some cheap like cable movie.
Speaker 2: Or something thing.
Speaker 3: There was no point to the movie.
Speaker 1: No, there's no point to what. It didn't seem like. It seemed like some film student trying to imitate Michael Mann. That's also too Michael manns better than anybody. There's not professional hitman.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's why, Like that's all port of like movies. I heat if like you're a gangster. If you want somebody to put in work, you take you can get and sometimes you end up with Wayne Row. Okay, Like there's not there's not like I'm a professional hit man, you know, Like by day I'm like, you know what you up be, but at night I kill people and it's here's my business card. Like that's fucking that's fucking Normy Codd bullshit. The whole thing was fucking stupid.
Speaker 3: I like mister Pink's uh, mister pinks speech when they start fighting with each other and he's like, you know, every dude, every dude jobs with They just threaten and kill each other and argue and argue every day. And it's like if you're gonna if you're if you're gonna do dart in the street, you gotta be careful who you're doing it with.
Speaker 1: But no, sometimes you just have to do something. Well, No, it's why I'm discriminating. You know that I only associated with august gentlemen like Big D and Cornberd. But I'm just kidding. They're actually good dudes. What U I know my road dogs. I got a ton of fucking great dialogue. And he's like, why am Why am I mister pink, because you're a fucking figure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I like how.
Speaker 3: I like how? You know he's just laying there bleeding the whole time with the gut shot and you're like, oh, man, he must have took one in the robbery. No, with some bit who's fucking carry trying to steal?
Speaker 2: That's what's uh.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things I actually like Quhen Tarantino, like, uh, I think he after Jackie Brown. And then he started producing garbage, I mean, and just like derivative garbage, like oh look, here's my you know.
Speaker 3: I didn't like Kill Bill at all. I didn't. I fell asleep. I fell asleep on that movie.
Speaker 2: What's huge garbage?
Speaker 1: And then later everything he did, he's like, here's a here's my version of Man Dingo, but with more nigger jokes. You know, here's my version of the Wild Bunch. You know, here's my version of Magnificent Southern ha ha. But it's the hipster version where people say motherfucker like that that's retarded, you know, like why it's like, look, man, I and It puts me off too. I like idiots think this is like original stuff. It's like, look, man, this is like a riff on an actually classic movie, and he's just like doing dumb stuff with it. It's like, holy shit, he made a movie about like sleeves. That's insane. It's like, no, you fagge it. Like there was a whole genre of movies like this, you know. He like, don't get me wrong, I kind of yeah, yeah, but uh but no, what I was gonna say was his when he was his best efforts, like Reserve Dogs and pulp fiction.
Speaker 2: That's kind of the motif of it. In part.
Speaker 1: That's why I like at the end of the the segment that Bruce will this uh segment of pulp fiction. That's how the Twilight Zone music kicks in as he's like riding away with his girl. We got like Murphy's love real thing, just like weird crazy shit happens, you know, like he uh and like that, Yeah, that's how it goes down. Tim Ross an interesting guy too, like that. That movie's really well cast. And that's before people don't realize Steve boemy it. He didn't start getting good roles as he'll relative late in life. You know, what's an interesting movie in terms of the cast.
Speaker 3: He was he was New York he was New York City Fire Department.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The movie Tales from the Dark Side from nineteen ninety. The wrap around story is Debbie Harry. It's got James Remark from The Warriors, It's got Steve Buscemi. It's got David Johansson, who admittedly that was like I lost a new respect for when he started doing that faggett fucking buster point extra shit.
Speaker 2: But it's weird. He's in the movie.
Speaker 1: Film's got a great cast. It's got Julianne Moore in an early role, and it's round up by Raydon Seong uh and Christian Slater and I, of whom I are particularly good. But and so I saw it with my mom because my mom loved horror movies, you know, and the Tales from the Dark Side the movie, which is kind of like the it was kind of like the unofficial Creep Show three, but uh it's not. But creep Show is way better. But the the James Remar segment of it, it's predictable, but there's like these incredible practical effects, like Raydon Sean turns into this gargoyle and it's really gruesome and she like mutates. It's like really well done, and I I I got a saw spot for it because it's one of the movies I too. My mom, Holy shit, you hear that there's a huge thunderclip is no, but that's that's a sign from God. I gotta eat a blt And it's weird, man. Because I sent the manuscript off yesterday, I forgot to include the table of contents, so like I had to do that this morning. But I keep on thinking, like, Okay, I gotta go work on the manuscript and it's like, no, I don't. It's done, but I'm I'm starting on something new though, if I got the energy this week before we go to Virginia, and like I said, I'm hoping within six or eight months, so I've I have something else in the pipeline. I gotta I got to help our dear friend Mike and see if he wants to continue with steel Storm, because I think that's a better fit for a period press. But any event, I'll let you go.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I love to missus Q And yeah, well I'll see you in a few days, man, And yeah, I'll hit you up by chext Man Absolutely all right, Thank you, thank you everybody.