Speaker 1: Bill cunning into Great America. Let's face promises made, promise has kept with all the immigration raids going on, with Columbia, the Nation of Columbia backing down. We won't accept the flowers nor their coffee beans. Now they're back on track, a message is being sent around the world. There's a new sheriff in town and his name is Donald John Trump. But so much needs to be said about all the other stuff, including DEI and whether that caused some of the difficulties we have right now head at Lahana in Hawaii having it all through Chicago. DEI. There's about an eight billion dollar industry built up, an American annual industry advocating the principles of DEI, which is racial and sexual discrimination masquerading as something else. Joan, you and I now is Josh Bernstein. He's been with me a couple times in the past, and he's written several columns on this He's a talk show host and a columnist and a good Barry Farbara, a legend in this business, said that he's a savant when it comes to politics. And Josh Bernstein, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Josh, first of all, give me your thoughts on the dismantling of DEI and the thought that it became an equal opportunity then became affirmative action, then it became DEI still embraced by Costco, by the way, but not by Walmart. So are you surprised or pleased with the fact that Donald Trump's getting rid of the eight billion dollar industry called DEI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely I am. Look, I've been calling for it for the longest time, and I've said to my audience that look, folks, just hang on, hangtight. Eventually it's going to come down to one thing and one thing only, and that is financial. It's going to come down to money. Do these companies want to be in business to make money in profits or do they want to be in business to give away their profits? And you know, coowtow to group like the Human Rights Campaign, which has nothing to do with human rights. These are a bunch of leftists that reach out to businesses and woketocracies, if you will, and try to change them permanently to their will and say if you don't do this, and if you don't accept these types of policies, then we're going to boycott your business. And thankfully that doesn't work anymore. President Trump is back in office. For a reason, the American people were tired of all the DEI stuff and the Dylan mull trainees out there, and the bud lights and the Adidas and you know, the targets and the weird clothing they're selling to children. The American people just had it. And I think what happened ultimately is that not only when President Trump was elected, but the DEI people realized, Okay, our jig is up is over for us, and thank god it is.
Speaker 1: Because isn't it racial and sexual discrimination to tell someone you're going to be hired because of your skin color or the kind of sex that you enjoy. And I've had many kids as a historian Forbes and one in the Wall Street Journal. You have large numbers, hundreds of thousands of kids coming out of colleges, universities, and they're the wrong color, and they're straight, and they're generally white males. For example, they can't find work. I've had many college kids tell me they've come out of Columbia, they've come out of Xavier, they've come out out of Utah State, and they can't find work because they're the wrong color. And I watched this guy named Starbuck recently in one of the morning shows that pointed out that seventy percent of the interns Goldman Sachs are persons of color or different lifestyles, and that you can't have that in a free and open society where a person's color is held against them. The Democratic Party spent decades, a century or two imprisoning, raping, and slaving black folks. And when black folks moved out of the South in the forties and fifties and sixties to come to the North, they couldn't take democratic rule anymore. They found themselves in democratic cities where now the object is discrimination against somebody else in favor of African Americans or Hispanics or gay folks. And as a consequence, the Democratic Party filled with discrimination. Two hundred years of slavery now about fifty years of affirmative action DEI. And we can't take it anymore. And so when Forbes and a Wall Street journal says, the kids and their parents are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, and you come out of school ready to get to work. If you're the wrong color, you can't be hired. Isn't that wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, I mean it's basically reverse racism, you know. I mean, it's unbelievable when you think about it, these affirmative action programs and how racist they were to people that were white, that were Caucasian, that you know, worked hard and went to school and did the right thing. And yet these other people that are a different color or a different minority come in, then they get these jobs, and they're not qualified for these jobs half the time. And it should be a meritocracy, right, It should be based on merit. It should not be based on skin color. It should not be based on creed or sexual orientation or any of these things. And thank god, we you know, we have you know, quote unquote a daddy back, if you will, because look, the United States of America needs a strong male leader. And that's not a knock against women or anything like that. It's just the reality that when we are making a lot of these decisions, we're taking emotion out of it and we're using logic and we're using the ability to kind of look at a situation and say what is best for America, not what's best for the individual, not what's best for you. Know DEI or what's best for you know, feelings and all that, it's what's best for America. And I think that businesses in this country are going to start to embrace that once again, and you're going to see the DEI stuff die a lonely death, which it should.
Speaker 1: Well COSTCO said no. And I think part of it is, Josh, is that the vice presidents of human resources at these big time companies come out of the university system where they're indoctrinated and they think they're they're doing the Lord's work, and those individuals also must be let go. It's wonderful to watch Pete Hegseth take a take a knife to all the DEI throughout the Pentagon and throughout the military and bringing back those who did not want to have their have their COVID shots and DEI perme permeates all through the American military, which is wrong. And also in the and you've written about California similar to Lohana, Uh that the Trumpsters telling Californians as meetings with with Karen Bass were unbelievable. I loved them, and that Uh, the DEI must die. D I E must die in California because look at what you get when you have fire chiefs and others hard because of their sexual orientation and not because of their competency. White males need not apply, especially if you're straight in a Christian and so, I don't know the lawsuits will we filed have been filed already because Donald Trump wants to get rid of racial discrimination or racial preferences and sexual preferences. He wants a merit based society, and you can't have individuals like Karen Bass, for example, who was elected of the fire chief, explain how DEI has exacerbated the problems with the fires in California and now the mud slides and more.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, look, the first thing that President Trump should have done when he was sitting at that roundtable is when Karen Bass opened up her trap and started talking. He should have said, actually, Karen, you're actually part of the issue here. You're part of the problem. And until you resign and Gavin Newsom resigns, California is not going to see one penny of federal aid because we cannot allow the same people that created this issue and problem and exacerbated these issues and problems to then be left in place as if you're going to somehow be a point person to assist in trying to fix the problem. So until you have resigned, are you planning on resigning right now today, right now at this point? Like put it right on the spot, that's what he should have done, because that's boss man energy right there, and that's what he should have done. And those are some things, you know that we have to be able to look at and say that these people need to be fired, they need to be prosecuted for what they did. Look, there's no way, there's no excuse that you can have a wildfire and then not have water in the hoses to put out the fires. And I think that some of this should be investigated. And I would start with Linda and Stuart Resnik, the Resnick family. They are basically water barons. They are multi billionaires that own a huge organic farm that uses one hundred and fifty billions of gallons of water a year, which is twice what Los Angeles County residents actually used. And in nineteen ninety four they paid off the California authorities for water and they bought the Kern Water Authority, and therefore they control fifty seven percent of all of California's water. This is a company that has a company called the Wonderful Company. They do pistachio nuts, they do Fiji water, They do know pomegranate juice. They have this huge organic farm. And I think that that ought to be investigated. Why are they the barrions, if you will, of the water in the state of California. How did they end up getting that water? And why is there no water in the fire hydrants that are able to put out these fires. I also don't understand why the fires on Malibi. Why couldn't you just drop a giant hose in the in the ocean and put a pump in there and pump the water out from the ocean and directly onto the houses. So look, a lot of things have gone wrong, a lot of things I think have been nefarious in nature, and they all need to be investigated. But we certainly cannot leave the same people Karen Bass and Gavin Newsom and the rest of them in charge to investigate the investigators. That doesn't make any sense. So I think President Trump ought to hire somebody, you know, maybe as an independent council to investigate what happened in California, so that it never happens again. But there are similarities between Lahna and California. The fire hydrants were dry, there was not enough warning that the fires were coming. I mean, a lot of the DEI stuff that you saw in Lahna you also saw resurface in California. And those are just some of the things that you know that I talked about in my book Preserving Liberty, Bold and Brave Solutions to Save America Create Permanent Freedom, which anyone can go and pick up right now. It's an easy read, one hundred and fifty pages, and you can get it on Amazon if you want. But you know, we talk about a lot of different things and preserving liberty and how to save liberty from DEI, from these leftists, from these radical extremists that believe that, you know, the government is the option to all in the solution to all of our problems. Of course it's not. No, in fact though, that's kind of what I talk about.
Speaker 1: In fact, Josh Burnston, if you look at American cities controlled by the Democrat liberal progresses for the last forty to fifty sixty one hundred years, what large American city has benefited greatly from liberal Democrats and complete control. Is it the New York City Subway? Is it the Chicago public schools? Here in Cincinnati, we can't remove snow and ice from city streets. It's that Los Angeles is in Portland, Oregon with their homelessness. What American city has grossly benefited are magnificent an opulent? American cities have grossly benefited from liberals being in charge for decades. Can you name one or two?
Speaker 2: I can't name any at all. I mean, you can go right down the list, from Colorado being a bright red state to now the California liberals moving into Denver taking over their government and just absolutely destroying it. You could look at Chicago, you could look at the state of Illinois. The state of Illinois is a bright red state. If you remove Crook County from the equation, That's where all the crime is. That's where all the murder is. That's where all the unwed mothers are, That's where all the drug trafficking is. Everything is going on, the illegals, all in these big blue cities. I talked about that in the book. How do we take away the power structure from these big blue cities and give it back to its rightful owners we the people, because it's amazing when you look at it and you realize there's three and forty two counties or county equivalents in the United States and America, and fifty percent, five oh, fifty percent of the entire population of the United States lives in only one hundred and forty four of those counties. So if you live in one of those twenty nine hundred and ninety eight less populated counties, then you are literally part of the ninety five percent of the country that has no say in who your elected officials are. So how can we sit here with a straight face and say that we are four of and by the people if only five percent of the people are making the decisions for the other ninety five percent. Jo In my book, I talked about how we can destroy that structure. You say, the left wants to get rid of the electoral college, right so that they can run up the coasts and you'd never have another Republican in office again. But what I want to do is I want to create fifty Nebraskas or fifty mains, and I want to proportion these electoral votes not based on the state, but rather based on the counties and break them down between metropolitan and micropolitan and sparsely populated. And I talk about it in the book. Theres a formula to hit fifty one percent that would change exactly how we do our elections. It would almost be similar to a runoff the Kanesset where you have multiple parties, because then what you would do is you'd separate and you would take that power structure away from these big blue cities like we're talking about, and you would take that power and give it back to be the people in the less represented counties of America and give them the political power and clout away at the expense of the big cities. So I talk about a lot of interesting things like that in Preserving Liberty as well.
Speaker 1: Josh Bernstein, that would be fantastic. But if the citizens of Chicago go from Lord Lighthead to Johnson and they're thinking, okay, anticipating different results. God helps those that help themselves, and cities have got to rise up. And I hope Donald Trump is the instrument. And nothing is going to change unless jd. Vance or someone like him takes over the presidency after Trump. We can't have four years on four years off and here comes the next I don't know, Gavin Newsan be the president. For God's sakes, we need eight to twelve years. But Josh, we got to run once again. The book is out, it's everywhere we haven't touched. Will Trump destroy the two tier justice system once and for all? Maybe next time you're on, we have to talk about that too. But Josh Burnstein, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Don't be a stranger, and let's do it again.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Josh, anytime, any topic.
Speaker 1: God bless God, Bless America. Let's continue with more. In the city of Cincinnati, we see it here also goes what's going on in Hyde Park as an effort by the city to bring in more, shall we say, high income Americans, to paper over the tremendous financial difficulties by building up in such a way as to have more money in the city coffers with less city services. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW