Speaker 1: So you have just listened to this one hour and forty five minute debate. It was not quite what everyone expected. It was not the same as June on a couple of levels. There was interaction between the two candidates which we were led to believe would not happen simply because the mic was going to be muted. There was very little interaction between President Donald Trump and Joe Biden. So this is a very different debate. I have strong feelings on this debate. I think that Vice President Harris won this debate. And I know that some of you are going to disagree with me, and all you have to do is call the number and we will take calls between now and midnight. I can tell you that President Trump, as far as I'm concerned, was much less polished. He seemed ruffled at many points during tonight's debate. I think he was frustrated. I think he appeared less prepared than the Vice president. He was much less disciplined, both in terms of the message that he imparted and the way in which he imparted that message. Vice President Harris much more composed, not perfect, but landed many shots on Donald Trump, while at the same time, I think to most people would appear to be more likable. Again, Donald Trump at times almost became a caricature of himself. Donald Trump, when I say he was undisciplined, the questions that were asked were, I think better questions for Kamala Harris, much better questions for Kamala Harris. And I think that Jake Tapper and Dana Bush were better and fairer question questioners than David you were. And in Lindsay Davis. However, however, Donald Trump, when flustered, he gets into personal attacks. He calls Vice President Harris a Marxist. Her father was a Marxist. Now, I don't know of what relevance that is. I don't know if if you win any votes with that sort of personal attack. I don't understand why he would even bring that with him, bring that thought with him. He was corrected by Lindsay Davis, the one of the moderators, when he made the point that the governor he said of West Virginia, he meant of Virginia. Ralph Northam had made some statement a few years ago which was open to interpretation, and basically said that that Ralph Northam advocated that you could kill babies after they were born. I don't think that is what he said. I think it has been construed to be what he said, and Donald Trump should have stayed away from that. He should have stayed away from that. So Lindsey Davis, one of the panelists tonight, said, there is no state where it is legal to kill a baby after he or she is born, and she's correct on that point. One exchange in which he did well on was his defense of his position on IVF treatments. But going on and on, clearly Harris was successful in getting under his skin. She attacked his rallies, the size of the rallies got under his skin. He accuses her of destroying America. And then Donald Trump went off on a tangent about illegal immigrants eating family pets in Springfield, Ohio. I have no idea where that came from. I have, and maybe the fact checkers can prove me wrong, but I have not heard anything like that. He said, he saw it in the news. You don't want to be citing having said having seen something on the news. In my opinion, Trump seemed agitated, particularly when Harris recited his indictments. He of course responded that the Justice Department had been weaponized against him. She got off on fracking pretty easily. They then got into the transfer of power on January sixth, twenty twenty one. He was in He he gladly engaged in that. It's almost like catnip to Trump. It was a bad performance by Donald Trump tonight. Now again, do I think he's lost any of his supports? It is probably not, But I don't think he picked up any any people who run the fence. Harris, to Donald Trump's face, said that he was a disgrace. Donald Trump then turned around and attacked Joe Biden, who's not running against saying that Biden doesn't know if he's alive. I can go on and on and on, and if I have to, I will. But they even somehow were able to get to relitigating the Central Park five. It was a I think a very clear win for Vice President Harris tonight. I have more to say, but I'd like to take a quick break and give you an opportunity to agree with me or disagree with me. I watched it carefully, I took notes. That's that's where I come out on this. It was it was not the Donald Trump of late June debating Joe Biden. He did not know how to handle this opponent tonight six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six, one of A nine thirty and triple eight nine nine, ten thirty. My name is Dan Ray. This is Nightside. We are reacting to the what I'm sure now will be the only presidential debate between these two candidates in twenty twenty four. Why would Vice President Harris want to get back on the stage after tonight's debate?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And I guess the question is why would Donald Trump? She she got she had the better of it tonight. Back on Nights, I give us a call light the lines up. Well, we'll talk about this until midnight.
Speaker 3: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on' WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back. Let's just get to the phone calls. What I'm going to ask, uh, is you can say whatever you want. I'm not here to debate you. You can agree disagree with me. I think it was a clear win for the Vice president tonight. Donald Trump seemed flustered and undisciplined in my opinion, but some of you are going to disagree. I'm not here to debate you. I'm here to hear what you have to say, but I'm not going to let you speak for ten minutes and make a speech. We're going to start it off with one of Donald Trump's big supporters, Tom in Dorchester. Tom, welcome, How are you, sir?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 5: Pretty good?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Harris did pretty good in this debate. But you realize that Margaret led England a second tier country. Go to my air led Israel a second tier country country. And there was a woman president in Pakistan I forget her name now.
Speaker 1: In dear Gandhi. What's but? But they were all.
Speaker 6: My point is my point is China.
Speaker 1: Mark, Margaret Mark. We'll hold on for a second again. I'm not I want to talk about Trump, Harris, but Margaret Thatcher was a woman, did a great job in England. Go to my ear, great job in Israel. And Deira Gandhi did a fine job in India. I believe what's your point?
Speaker 6: He was more impassing. My point is did you'll get?
Speaker 7: You get? She putin?
Speaker 6: And they will never be a woman president in the United States because.
Speaker 1: Will I'll tell you something. Don't bet a lot of money on that, particularly if if if, if people watch, who do you think won the debate tonight Toalm, let me ask you that question.
Speaker 6: To be honest with you, Harris, was they schooled to her and they kept her in the basement and taught her a lot of different things. I get a little edge, I will, but uh uh Trump, uh has to be president. He has to finish the job, right.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not suggesting for a moment that that that people like you are going to walk away. But I thank you for your honesty. I think it was a clear win for uh, for Harris. You believe it's a little closer. Okay, thank you, John appreciated, Thank you. Goodt Next up, Matt and Florida. Matt, go right ahead, sir.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we watched two completely different debates. I think Trump won that. I mean really like, uh yeah, I think he dominated it. I mean She's got up there and just made like, came up with the same old playbook, a nonsense about him being racist and him doing this, him doing that. She couldn't she couldn't offer any like intelligent response to anything he was saying. She just kept like, you know, everyone's sick of it, and that's why Trump was kind of getting agitated. I don't think he was flustered at all. I think he's he was he was really giving off what everyone in this country feels. They just exhausted with these with this administration. And it's like, what are we even talking about? Why? Why was abortion being discussed for like an hour? It made no sense. No one cares about that.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of women here about that that, Like.
Speaker 5: Why why are we still why do we allow these debates? There are waste of time, Like no one talks about anything. It's the same stuff regurgitated over and over again. It's stupid. It's like it's an insult. And I mean, I'm not a I'm not a Trump guy. I'm really not Dan you know that. But I mean this guy like actually cares about trying to fix stuff in this country. And you got this lady who's just like I don't even know why she wants to be president, Like I don't really understand what she even wants to do.
Speaker 1: So I just I just think that all of the stuff that that you know, Trump Trump, Trump was wrong on points of fact. It is not legal. There is no state in America where it's legal to kill a baby after birth, Okay, And and and for him to where your father was a Marxist, you were a Marxist. What did you think about the story he's talking about dogs being eaten by illegals.
Speaker 5: Well, he's saying, how you know he's too Yeah, I mean, but he's he's she's trying to bring like I mean, I don't know if this story is true, but what he's trying to say, is you a community these communities. No, I haven't. Apparently jd Vance made it up, but he's trying to illustrate. He's trying to illustrate the damage some of these people are bringing to these small towns.
Speaker 1: Matt.
Speaker 2: And it's like that.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately in the luck of the drawer here I get you on before the news, but we got the news came.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Thank you, my friend. We'll talk soon, talk again. I owe you some time next time. We'll take a break. Here comes to the eleven o'clock news only one line open, six, one, seven, five, four, ten, thirty nights out with Dan Ray coming right back.
Speaker 2: It's nice.
Speaker 3: I'm going you Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Dan Watkins. Now we are getting your reaction to tonight's debate again I can tell you that in my opinion, Uh, this debate tonight was won by Vice President Harris Uh. She was sharper, cleaner, clearer on the issues. In my opinion. You don't have to agree with me. Trump appeared, in my opinion, often flustered, unprepared, not disciplined, almost became a caricature of himself. And he didn't. He never drove home effectively issues like immigration and the cost of gasoline and groceries. He would be laughed at about his comment about illegal immigrants killing dogs in somewhere in America and eating dogs and cats. I have no idea why he would bring that up. It was just as good as he was in December against Joe Biden. He was as bad as he was tonight. And she did a good job. She sold her platform, she sold her policy, she counterpunched he didn't. I know some of you will agree, some of you will disagree. I I just want to hear what you have to say. I'm not going to debate anyone tonight. You've waited patiently, going to go to David san Antonio, Texas. Dave, welcome back. How do you think that turned out tonight?
Speaker 4: You know how you were wrong about the the the watching the pole watchers in Michigan, You're going to be wrong about the ones in Ohio also because I know for a fact that they were killing people's pets and the people in Springfield, Ohio were asked to take their pets and keep them indoors.
Speaker 1: Because Okay, so we'll find out if I'm wrong on that. Who do you think.
Speaker 4: I really feel Donald Trump acted aggravated. I wished he wouldn't have, but he was definitely aggravated. But I couldn't blame him being around that woman. And but what he said, what he said was definitely true.
Speaker 7: Everything about her he kept.
Speaker 4: He really wanted to harp on the border and for a good, dark reason. And the people in Springtield, Ohio will tell you about that also.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you think you think he helped it? I think let me ask you this tonight. Okay, let's assume that ten percent of the voters are undecided. And if I don't know if that's accurate or not, but let's assume ten percent of the voters are undecided. Amongst the undecided voters, I don't think he lost any of his supporters tonight. Aha, what percentage of the undecided vote. Do you think tonight looked at that debate and said, I'm going to vote for Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: Well, if they stayed till the end and they asked, and he asked the final question, you're going to do this, You're going.
Speaker 4: To do that, You're going to do this, and why haven't you done it in the last three years?
Speaker 1: Should have been asking that from from from nine o'clock on.
Speaker 4: Well that that then then she would have had a chance to try and iron some lie through it at the end, have a chance to.
Speaker 1: I don't know by calling someone a mark because a Marxist, I don't know that that the average whatever. Uh So I'm trying to get you to give me a winner of the and if you don't, if you want to call it a draw. Who won the debate tonight?
Speaker 4: Dave, Oh, I think Donald won the debate? And again statement, yes, statement put her in her place.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, appreciate it. Well, we will talk many times between now and Yeah.
Speaker 7: You don't believe that marxist. Read his book. I mean he also describes that he has slavery in his family down there in the Caribbean. Read his book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, again, if those are the issues they're driving. Okay, Thanks Dave. As always appreciate your loyalty down there in Texas. Hope, uh hope the weather's is nice in Texas As it's been up here.
Speaker 2: Is no ghetto.
Speaker 7: That guy yesterday, he's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well whatever. I I've never been to San Antonio. I'm glad you called tonight to defend your home community. Thanks Dave, have a great night, got to keep rolling. You're gonna go to Janine in Hyena's a little closer to her home. Janine, how ai tonight? Welcome back?
Speaker 9: Hi Dan, How are you?
Speaker 1: I think I'm better than Donald Trump right now?
Speaker 10: But yeah, well yeah probably.
Speaker 1: Who do you think want of the debate tonight?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm going with Trump.
Speaker 10: That's fine, fine, But well I'm like a total trump Ster. But I will say that I was very surprised at how well Harris kept it together.
Speaker 1: Oh. I think she was in control. I think that she with that split screen, which helped her because there were times when Trump was going off in directions in which the question should not have taken him.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean, which he does, which he does.
Speaker 1: But you know what, let me ask you this, Jeanine, in your opinion, I'm sure you watched the Joe Biden debate with President for President Trumps.
Speaker 10: Matter of fact, I fell asleep before Biden did that night.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I.
Speaker 5: Was going to ask you, in which debate.
Speaker 1: In which debate do you think forma president Trump was more disciplined.
Speaker 10: I would have to say the Biden debate, because it wasn't much of a debate tonight. It was a lot more. It was a lot more, and I think it was a lot more than Trump was expecting.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think she brought her a game.
Speaker 7: She did.
Speaker 10: I think she did. But she also had six days in the basement like Biden did.
Speaker 1: Use of her time in the basement, but she was in a hotel in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 8: Yeah right, But all right.
Speaker 1: I got you down as Trump winning again. That doesn't The election is not decided tonight. But I don't think that Donald Trump helped himself at all in my opinion.
Speaker 10: Sometimes you're right, sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he's his own worst enemy. But I want to say, like, as far as talking about like the like the you know, the middle class, like blue collar workers, like someone like me, they didn't touch on how like the inflation.
Speaker 9: Things like that are very very little very not.
Speaker 1: At all, not at all, and that worked to the advantage of the Vice president, Janine, I got back lines. You got to call more often so I can give you more time in the year. But I'm trying to keep everybody to about two to two and a half minutes and tonight.
Speaker 10: Okay, Yes, that's great.
Speaker 1: Thanks Genine, talk to you soon.
Speaker 10: Thanks Dan, love you bike.
Speaker 1: Let's keep rolling here. Going to go next to Wendy in Hudson, New Hampshire. Wendy, I'm going to try to give everybody a couple of minutes. Who won the debate tonight?
Speaker 8: In your opinion, I think definitely Harris. She was more polished, more intelligently speaking. She had a plan for the small business owners. She knew how to respond him. He was all goggled and babbling. I didn't hear the Marxist pot. I was at work, but someone turned on their cell phone so.
Speaker 7: We were able to watch it.
Speaker 8: We were flustered. He was flustered looking. You know, I just can't believe it. She at least had a plan for the small businesses and the middle class people. He couldn't answer what they were going to do. How he improved Obamacare. She did and said there needed to be improvement on that. You know, he just gets me.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this, are you before tonight were you leaning one way or the other? Or were you committed? And did what you see tonight re enforce your commitment? So how did this impact you?
Speaker 8: Actually? I voted for Trump the last time, but after the way he transferred the power and everything, I watched some of that speech.
Speaker 7: I worked second shift.
Speaker 8: I watched some of that speech. I couldn't believe he was out in front of the White House in the park with his black gloves and his fist in the air. I just shut it off. It's like, why is he there? And the next thing I know, later on that night.
Speaker 7: I heard what happened.
Speaker 8: I couldn't eave it, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Trying to kind of get well, did did tonight's performance appearance by President Trump? Did that push you back toward him to give him another chance? Or did it push you?
Speaker 7: No way?
Speaker 11: No way?
Speaker 8: You know? And after the last finale won the transfer of power and all that stuff took place.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you he lost your vote. He lost your vote on January sixth, and I guess tonight probably will you given him a second chance tonight or.
Speaker 8: I'm open minded. Yes, if he he had plans for the future, for democracy and everything. Oh and the Talibian, I didn't know. He invited the Talibian to Camp David.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and by the way, he could. He should have defended that because he talked to It's no question he did. Okay, but I think one got me well, I know that, but but I think his purpose was not to surrender. I think his purpose was to send a message to the head of the Taliban that look, if you guys keep, you know, using snipers against our troops, here's a picture of your home. And I think that the guy got the message because in the latter part of his presidency they were no US soldiers after he had the guy Abdul there. And I also think that that stopped them from taking out. Now, it did not stop them from what happened at Abbey's Gate. So that's you know, he should have made that. He should have said, I did that to save lives. But he didn't handle it well in my opinion.
Speaker 11: In my opinion, no, no, he did.
Speaker 1: Look, I loved you called, but I got everybody here, so I got to keep rolling.
Speaker 8: Okay, But she has my vote, and I pray that people start thinking. And I can't believe people won't look at this seriously.
Speaker 1: All right enough, you got it all in. Thanks Wendy. I appreciate you call.
Speaker 8: Have a great night, Have a good night.
Speaker 1: Please keep calling the show. Thank you much. Okay, let me keep going here. Let me take a break. We got to take a break. We'll come back. By the way. The only line that is open right now, if you want to get in six, that's the only one that's open right now. I will keep you posted as to what lines are open. If you want to get in, dial that right now. We'll get you in six, one, seven. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 3: Now, back to Dan Way live from the Window World Night Side Studios. I'm DOMBS News Radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna try to move everybody a little bit more quickly. I want to give everybody about two minutes, so Lamar, I know you've been waiting a long time, but I got to move everybody. Go right ahead, Lamar, You're next on Nightside.
Speaker 7: Sure, Dan.
Speaker 12: As you know, I'm an independent voter. I was not particularly in the past impressed with Harris, but I thought she was spectacular tonight. And I just want to say that, you know, there was a discussion tonight about Obamacare. Obamacare was based on Romney here, which was based on proposals by a conservative think tape.
Speaker 1: You know, Yes, it came out of it came out of the Heritage Foundation.
Speaker 7: Actually, yeah, I.
Speaker 12: Was gonna say Heritage, but I wasn't quite sure.
Speaker 1: No, it was as a matter of as a matter of fact, a good friend of mine, doctor Bob Moffatt, who I've known for forty years, actually was one of the people who developed you know, Romneycare, which did morph into Obamacare. Different, not not identical, but different. But you were accurate on that. And by the way, the Heritage Foundation is very much many of the group of the people who put together Project twenty Project twenty twenty five were also members of the Heritage Foundation. Ironically, I love irony, as you probably know, Lamar, So you're absolutely correct.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And secondly, I'm going to say they brought up, you know, climate change. What I've noticed over the years from broadcasts, you know, from conservatives, they don't mention that the United States military has been increasingly concerned about the adverse effects of climate change on US military preparedness.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I'm familiar with that, and I would be I would probably feel concerned if they if they weren't. But again, I think that those who are skeptical not climate change deniers, but those who are skeptical look at climate change from a much long, longer perspective. But we'll save that for another night. By the way, I want you to be the first to know that Taylor Swift hasn't lost Kamala Harris tonight as well.
Speaker 12: Yes, as has uh uh John Bolton.
Speaker 1: Yeah right. There was a bunch of a bunch of also Dick Cheney. Remember Dick Cheney used to be considered by the Democrats like the evil incarnet, and now they love Dick Cheney. I love irony because another thing's little ironic. I mean, and Darth he was considered to be. His nickname was Darth Vader Lamar. Love you calls me and keep calling more often. Okay, I appreciate it, Thank you, Okay, have a great night, Jennifer and Boston. Jennifer, gonna get you in under the wire here before the eight thirty news.
Speaker 2: Go right ahead, Jennifer, Hi, Dan, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great?
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 9: I was a what a what a debate. She did awesome. I mean, clearly, I think she's the winner.
Speaker 1: For Harris as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, no question there. And you know, I'm not a Trump fan. I don't listen to him typically or lost this debate or there's something newsworthy, but not on an everyday basis. I'm not swallowing him. But there were two things that, you know, really stuck out to me. So, you know, as far as this performance, like how did he see lie unhinged or whatever? Like, Honestly, from what I see with Trump, he just seems like a lot more of the same, you know, lies, division, you know, nothing good.
Speaker 1: I don't think he was unhinged. I think he was frustrated and he was undisciplined.
Speaker 9: Yeah well, I mean I think he started out trying to be more disciplined and not go on the attack and kind of stick with the topics. But then yeah, I agree, he like he lost.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think successfully got under his skin in my opinion.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it doesn't it doesn't take much.
Speaker 1: Well maybe not, but but did Joe Biden debate. He was disciplined for ninety minutes. Uh and and the result, now again, he's not even even tonight. Towards the end, at one point, he was talking about Joe Biden. I wanted, you know, to say, look, you're not running against Joe Biden, You're running against you know, Kamala Harris.
Speaker 9: And yeah, just.
Speaker 1: From a professional point of view, that's all I mean.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And I think he just looked bad, like next to her too, you know, like she looked so awesome, you know, like she did.
Speaker 1: She was well well put together tonight, just as Biden had a problem. Biden looked much older than you know, just from an appearance point of view, much older than Donald Trump. He is older, but he's not much older. Donald Trump looked did not look as as fit tonight as he looked older tonight. He looked more haggard tonight. I don't know if I think we talked about his rallies and how did they go on too long and people aboard and people leave. That's what what pinned up, which I think that hit a nerve in my opinion.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that'll do it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jennifer, thank you for listening, Thank.
Speaker 8: You for calling.
Speaker 1: Can continued, gotta be quick, be quick.
Speaker 9: So, like, I don't know if people picked up on this. It was like early on in the debate, and then he brought up a point about migrants stealing jobs and I'm all we talked about I'm all about unity. Oh well I didn't hear that.
Speaker 6: Well, no, no, he.
Speaker 1: Talked about it. I have not heard this again. He made it sound like there were, you know, at least dozens, maybe hundreds of people in this one city in Springfield, Ohio whose pets have disappeared in the list.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, that wasn't what I was going to say, though, I was going to say it was about race.
Speaker 8: It was he said that.
Speaker 9: They came and and they took all the black people or the African American people. I think he said in the Hispanics jobs, and like, I don't know if people are paying attention, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't hit that. No, I think he was talking about immigrants. I don't think that he was. He was referred to, you know, what the race was of the people who lost. I just thought it was bizarre that people are accusing it was it was way. I've not heard anything like that. It would be like if you talked about either Martians coming down and landing in Springfield, Ohio, I would say, what's your source on that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 9: No, I had never heard anything about that either. But he did say about, you know, taking the jobs of Africans and African Americans and Hispanics, And to me, I'm thinking, well, okay, so what about the white people?
Speaker 8: So basically I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was listening as closely as I didn't hear that reference. Maybe you're correct on that when someone wants yeah.
Speaker 9: But can I just finish my point though? Did because he did say that, I'm positive.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm allowing you to get it on. I'm just saying I didn't hear it.
Speaker 9: That's all, okay, right, okay, but I just you know, so you know, what I'm thinking is and if that's what he's thinking is that they came in and took the jobs of only these are the jobs held so like low skilled jobs held by African Americans and Hispanics, then basically his thinking is that it's only white people holding skills jobs.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm confused now. I think I thought you were referring to his comment that immigrants had had eaten dogs, dogs came outs. Okay, so you're talking about jobs. You're correct, he talked about immigrants. He did talk about immigrants coming in. I didn't hear you correctly. Okay. He did talk about immigrants coming in not taking jobs, that taking jobs from black people and Hispanic people, right, yeah, so he has made that. He has made that point before. I thought you were talking. But the other bizarre point which we talked about somehow immigrants in a town in Ohio eating family pets. Okay, fair enough, I miss under. I thought when you said joh when you said jobs, I thought you said dogs. I apologize, no thanks, Jennifer, I gotta run. I'm into the newscast and I'm going to be in trouble with my producer. Thank you so much, so bye bye, okay, bye bye. Okay, we'll be back right after the news at the bottom of the hour, coming back on Night Side.
Speaker 3: You're on Night Side with.
Speaker 2: News Radio.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put the hair down here, folks. No more than two minutes for anybody. Okay. I hate to do this to you, but uh, some of my callers can kind of take advantage of my good nature. Let's go to Sachi and Saga. Sachi next on Night Side, Who won? Who lost? What do you think.
Speaker 13: I'm supporting Trump regardless of.
Speaker 1: What that's Okay, who won the debate in your opinion?
Speaker 13: Okay, yeah, I think the Trump was under really under like a leech. Okay, they were holding he couldn't say a lot of things. And if they he was out of the leach, and he he would have been.
Speaker 5: And then that.
Speaker 13: I'm from a little island off India. It's called Sri Lanka.
Speaker 1: I've never been there, but.
Speaker 13: I love to hear camel, you know, like support the lady or like natives. But you know, I'm supporting for Trump regardless of what, because we need the country back you all right, all right, I am a hundred person regardless of what. Okay, I'm supporting for him because he you know, look at all the all the things going on. Okay, all right, Ja, I used to spend one hundred dollars and now I'm winning three hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: In a food No, I know, I believe me. I'm I'm spending more time going to market basket when I can. Sachi, thank you for your call. I know you're a regular caller. I owe you sometime next time you call. But I want to give everybody a shot tonight. Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 13: From Dan and you how a wonderful night.
Speaker 1: You too, such I appreciate it. Thank you very much. You all right, I gotta keep going here. Sachi did a good job. Let's go next to Jim in Kansas City. Jim as is a veteran caller. I know he'll he'll pick up the pace for me. Hey, Jim, how are you?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 14: Dan, I'm happy, Thank you you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. Who do you? First of all, I think you're a Trump supporter, But who do you do? Do you think he won the debate?
Speaker 14: No, Dan, I am looking at the same way you are.
Speaker 11: Dan.
Speaker 14: Based on the total number of points to be gained by each contestant, which contestant gained the greatest number of points? And I think she gained the most. He missed a huge opportunity. I think he should have had sixty of their biggest errors memorized. He could have taken twelve seconds on each one of them and covered ten during each two minute segment and five during each one minute segment, and he would have just nailed. He would have nailed her air tight.
Speaker 1: Funny thing. By the way. One of the notes I have is that the first question that the Vice president was asked was about the economy and the cost of living, and David Muir said, you know, our Americans better off today than they were four years ago. She never answered that question. She simply talked about her platform, which she had memorized fifty thousand dollars deduction for new small businesses or fifty thousand dollars twenty five thousand dollars for people's with buying new homes, first time home buyers. And then she attacked Trump on a sales tax, which which he hasn't actually advocated. She's basically extrapolating a sales tax from increased tariff. So never eat question, and they never Then the moderators never followed up, which is their responsibility.
Speaker 6: He could have.
Speaker 14: He could have said, all she wants to do is take money out of everybody who works paycheck and give it away to other people. Yep, he didn't say that.
Speaker 6: You know, they're just so anyway, Do you get the next call?
Speaker 1: Thanks Jim, appreciate your call. Talk to you soon. Have a great night. Okay, let me keep going here for summer reason. My my mouse has given me some trouble here. Let me go next to Lynn in Gloucester up on the North Shore. Lynn how are you tonight, Hi.
Speaker 15: I'm fine.
Speaker 11: I watched the debate and you just you just grasped it. I really don't think for one the debate, maybe it's only one, is a process in what we know of these these two and without them even saying a word. Trump rides on his four years we were better off, we were better off, and when we look at her, she's done nothing but unable to form a correct sentence in most cases. I'm not going to pick on that too much, but she shows she is a response to the very first question that she was posed, and that is we better off? She couldn't answer it. That is her. You didn't even need to hear the rest of the debate because you had You had two complete different people and what they have done in the past roughly almost eight years, so they're there. The debate doesn't mean much. Trump's Trump's proved himselves and she has proved himselves. She couldn't even answer if they're better off?
Speaker 1: But trumps Trump missed that opportunity because he focused on I'm not proposing a sales tax, terrible economy, inflation, worstern nations history, disaster for the middle class, all of that, people coming into America and that there he goes to Springfield, Ohio, and Aurora, Colorado. She and Biden, you know, have have let the country down. But he never said she never answered your question, David Muir, And you didn't follow up and and and press her in answering that question. Missed opportunity, missed opportunity.
Speaker 11: Well, and I don't want to spend over two minutes because you do have to thank if you're having me. But the other thing was, oh my goodness, oh my god, how did they lose this?
Speaker 2: Shoot?
Speaker 1: Oh well, let me ask you this in your opinion, and I know that you're for Trump. You've told me that who won this debate tonight? Who did better tonight?
Speaker 11: Who wanted I did more than listen, because again it's already established what they've done.
Speaker 15: Okay, So what I saw, Oh, this is what I saw.
Speaker 11: I think I still think he won because what she did and because it was not Fox News or any of the ones that they want to hear. They said her are the line that made her comfortable to immediately with a smile turn and have him look bad. Every single time they did that to her, and he had to rebottle for most of it.
Speaker 10: And another thing they.
Speaker 11: Check fact checked him, they never.
Speaker 6: Fact checked her true true, true.
Speaker 11: I think again, we're looking at the two people. We're so late into this debate, and she may never want to do another one.
Speaker 1: This is what she's asked tonight now, to do another debate. She is apparently he's on the record saying we'll do another debate. I think she wants to do it again. I think she see she feels I hope so well. I think Donald Trump needs another debate. I think that this will have an impact of three or four points.
Speaker 2: I want it.
Speaker 1: My prediction is a week from now she will she will be up in the polls three or four points this time.
Speaker 11: Well, well, we'll see. I think that there's still a chance for either one. But I want to thank you because you play. You play a nice even side for both parties. When I was in my twenties, I was a Democrat. I changed immediately, something went wrong, and I am so glad at this point seventy two years old, that I am still that. I am still a Republican. But I live in New so I don't think anybody now.
Speaker 1: I hope you'll call more off and I'll give you more time thank you so much.
Speaker 11: So I'm happy, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I gotta go Will in Long Island. Will, I'd love to know what you're going to say.
Speaker 16: Go ahead, Will, I would say like what I always say. You know, I'm voting for Trump, but I know that it's like a choice between shooting your head itself in the head or in the foot. Okay. I have not seen a good debate out of Donald Trump ever. Okay, he has never been good at debate. As a matter of fact, really wasn't. The guy was jeweling on himself. Dan, I would easily defeat Donald Trump in a debate. I would defeat defeat her in a debate, and a lot of people would Neither of these candidates are good. The question is if you want the dumb person that supports your policies or the dumb person that doesn't. Okay, he had three and a half years, He had three and a half years of her record to attack her on Between Infleece and between the World on Fire. Here's another little tidbit I'm going to give you that nobody looks up. She keeps saying builds from the bottom up, middle class economy.
Speaker 7: He's for the bridge tax to the rich.
Speaker 16: Do you know how many billionaires were created under Donald Trump? How many new billionaires? Nobody will tell you this because nobody looks it up, because the Republicans are terrible at messaging. I'll tell you today.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take a guess for you. I'm going to guess there are two thousand more billionaires, not millionaires, billionaires.
Speaker 16: There were sixty three new billionaires under Donald Trump's administration, which is about normal. There was about one hundred under Obama, but we had two terms. It's about normal. The biggest expansion was during the nineties. Okay, do you know how many were created under the bottom up economy? One hundred and fifty. By the time we end this year, it'll be close to two hundred billionaires. That's a funny way of building an economy.
Speaker 7: Course.
Speaker 1: But you know what, where can I find those status? Those are interesting status.
Speaker 16: But I'm gonna actually send you the link to statistic that you could look that up. But it's simple things like this. He simply does not do his homework. When he debates Joe Biden was jeweling on himself. She needed to explain to the American people who she was, and she did a better job of that than I thought she was. She wanted the debate.
Speaker 1: Absolutely good analysis. Thank you very much, Doc as you agree with me, but you I learned something from your call. Appreciate it well, Thank you bye. And we did it in two minutes and six seconds. Okay, Joe William Sean, you guys are all gonna be a little quicker down to a minute and a half. Coming back on Nightside right after the break.
Speaker 3: Now back to Dan ray Mine from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z News Radio.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna we're gonna get everybody in. Let me go next to Joe and Lynn. Joe, you're next on nightsicer.
Speaker 17: Right, Hey, Dan, thanks for taking my car. I think Trump could have done a better job. He was frustrated because of her. You know, she mentioned that he should have followed up with you didn't answer the question, and that bit about the park where the five guys he got off.
Speaker 2: He mentioned it.
Speaker 17: They pled guilty, and I don't blame him. So I think I think he won, but he could have done better. And so you think I know you feel okay.
Speaker 1: But I know you're a Trump guy. I just I just looked at it and thought to myself, there were a lot of opportunities missed tonight, in my opinion.
Speaker 17: Yeah, there were. But she she wasn't very helpful either. All she kept with, oh, I'm going to help America, and she had no real plan.
Speaker 1: But again, you look at it very carefully, and she's she's focusing on people who I don't want to say, I don't want to use the term low information voter, but the more casual person. It's like the difference between someone who's a Red Sox fan and they see the flaws in the Red Sox and they say they need a couple of big time starting pictures or whatever, and the average Red Sox, you know, the average fan who who doesn't see the weaknesses and the team.
Speaker 17: The moderators didn't help either, the moderators.
Speaker 1: The moderators were. These moderators were, I thought, in terms of their questions, the questions selection, just as the story selection in newspapers. When that when that bias leaks over onto the front pages. Yeah, but Donald Trump had an opportunity if he had if he got he got so frustrated, she got under his skin. She was successful in doing She was calm, cool and collected. He was frustrated and at times almost seemed he repeated himself when when he does, oh yeah, that was we built a wonderful wall, a beautiful It was a beautiful big wall. As a matter of fact, the wall.
Speaker 8: That we build.
Speaker 1: When he starts to get into that sort of that spin cycle that he can't get on, you know that his his his mind is working. She was very well, She was very just.
Speaker 17: In to say she didn speak better, but remember she'd been coached, and if you.
Speaker 1: Know, doesn't matter. It's like saying the guy that the league home runs took more out.
Speaker 17: All right, But Dan, before I go, I don't believe that she will do all the make a good president.
Speaker 7: I really don't want I.
Speaker 2: Believe, Joe.
Speaker 1: We'll talk much more about it. There's still fifty five days or so long. Thanks. Let me keep rolling here. I got William and Hyde Park, Hey, William next on nights, I.
Speaker 15: Go right ahead, Hey, Dan, clearly Kamala want I mean, she eviscerated him, she gotted them, she smashed them. She made him look old, out of touch, and he just looked incoherent at times. I mean, I know you want to talk about this, but it's coming about the immigrants and the dogs. That's going to haunt the comedians social media. They got a crushing with that. I thought a point about the Supreme Court and the woman's around abortion was huge. I just think that it was very clear that Donald Trump is unfitted be president. And remember it's not the people that in Trump camp, but the people in the Kamala hamp It's the undecided vote. If you're to ask me, well, undecided vote is getting a clear idea about what Donald Trump thinks presents himself, what idea the attitudes are. He lost that in a big way. I think she made significant game tonight.
Speaker 1: We'll see, let's see what the polls are looking like maybe this time next week, and that you'll you'll see the impact. Thanks William, talk to you soon. Call more often, Frank and Northwood. Frank, you gotta be quick for me. I got three or four more behind you. Go right ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that calling just ahead of me. I agree with that. He nailed it. She absolutely hit a home run. Trump Trump looked he actually at times looked on tangent. I mean, the fact that he was going on with the election denying still still Chris.
Speaker 1: I mean, but the question came from the they the question came from David Muir. He should have said, look, I'm here to talk about twenty twenty four in the future. He should have been programmed to say, well.
Speaker 18: Although I will say that David Muir did ask the question that needed to be asked and still has not been answered when he said to him on January sixth, do you have any and he regrets her explanations as to why it took three hours and forty minutes for you to respond.
Speaker 1: But but in fairness, Frank and not a truck guy. But in fairness, she was asked by David Muir the first question out of the box. Wash, she said, he was. She was asked our Americans better off today than they were four years ago. She totally avoided the question, and Trump missed the opportunity because he had the rebuttal. He should have said, she hasn't still answered the question, but uh, he was. He didn't have a good night. I couldn't agree with you more. Yeah, thanks, Ran, keep call him more often. Okay, talk to you soon. Okay, I'm gonna try to get three in. They're gonna have to be very quick. Shawn and Beverly Shawn next on nice.
Speaker 7: I go right ahead, Hey Dan, how are you there?
Speaker 1: Good? You gotta be quick for me? Who wanted to be?
Speaker 7: I'm quick? Harris by Harris destroyed him. Was not even close, Like I said, he was flustered, unprepared as usual, Live Livees Lodge falls back on the old tropes. He just had no plan whatsoever, and it was just paintingly obvious. If anybody who's under added still you know, but this way, there's if there's one hundred people look at this night undecided, I have to say seventy percent ago with Harris for sure, if not more.
Speaker 1: I think that she probably helped herself tonight, and I think that the polls will reflect that. If they don't, then she that's a problem in terms of my perception and be a problem for a campaign, because I think she turned in a very strong performance. And if the especially give her a bump of the polls, I'll be very surprised.
Speaker 7: Thanks going a great night.
Speaker 1: Good night, Uh Margie in the Catskills, Margie, you gotta be quick for me? Okay, I got one more.
Speaker 8: Behind your okay six word review.
Speaker 7: The Proud Boys are gassing up.
Speaker 1: I hope not? Is that it?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: I have no idea what you mean, but thanks for the call. Nonetheless. Okay, thanks, good night. Donna in Dorchester, Donna, last call of the night. You got to be quick for me, Donna.
Speaker 19: Okay, Camillo on the debate Trump, he has to get off to the fensive.
Speaker 7: He has to stop.
Speaker 19: Feeding into all of their lives in their fake stories about him and just go on to the points about what he is going to do, for example, help homeowners buy, reducing their restrictions on building.
Speaker 7: Homes and making them more affordable.
Speaker 9: He does this in his interviews.
Speaker 19: He speaks about what his plans are, not didn't do it in the debate, Loss of debate, good night.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I'm with you, Donna. Thank you very much. You got it in quickly, come back, come back soon. Okay, I'll give you more time. Thanks. Okay, goodness, how much time? Rob giving it me quick? Thirty seconds? Okay, we'll wrap it up at thirty seconds, Rob Brooks, nice job tonight to all the callers. Thank you very much. I'm going to be on Facebook at night side with Dan Ray if you'd like to say hello, I'll be there in about two or three minutes. You have my judgment, of the debate. You folks kind of split down the middle tonight, half and half. I think I don't have I don't have a specific number, but our lend as always and I'll be back tomorrow night. We'll talk more about this tomorrow night. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Ray Is, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope to see a gain in tomorronight. On Night's side, everyone, Dan Ray for Nightside, thanks for listening, thanks for calling. See you tomorrow night.