Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: You know I've been missing.
Speaker 1: I think I would notice within a are you kidding?
Speaker 2: All? Three days?
Speaker 3: If my if mine went missing, I'd have a party.
Speaker 2: What's the matter with you? And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: All right, good morning.
Speaker 4: It's a Thursday morning, September nineteenth. As another week's gone by. Weeks go very quickly these days.
Speaker 2: Manley has to do.
Speaker 3: With you know, the older you get, the quicker time goes. Is a really good, really good concept and an explanation of that that was once explained to.
Speaker 4: Me, and that's saying, when you're five years old, a year is twenty percent of your entire life. I remember as a kid, vacations for three months went on forever. Well, when you're sixty years old, a year is a much much.
Speaker 2: Smaller percentage of your life.
Speaker 4: So I don't even know why I said that. Oh it's because it's September nineteenth. That's why I somehow connected the two. And I still don't know how that did. How that worked.
Speaker 1: Your summer vacations seemed long because your parents would drop you off somewhere and say find your way home and it would take three months.
Speaker 2: That's a good, good point.
Speaker 3: Although you know, during when I was a kid, Oh, when I was a kid, I'd walk four miles through the snow to.
Speaker 2: Get to school uphill both ways.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid at LA Unified, they had summer programs where I'd go to the school and literally all day long they had teachers and arts and crafts and it was yeah, different different time, different places.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now let's say a quick helloa to one and all.
Speaker 2: Morning Neil, Good morning, Willie Wolf there.
Speaker 4: Is and good morning, Good morning, Bill Cono, good morning, Good morning Bill and Amy. Not at your last, but least, but go ahead and think that I'm fine.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hi, Bill, Hi.
Speaker 4: We've started the day, okay, and we've got some fun stuff to talk about. Let me see, I got one death story, but not the kind of death story you want. It's the death of the mini van and that's a fun story.
Speaker 3: And that's seven fifty this morning.
Speaker 4: And then do we have great news on the financial financial life of all of.
Speaker 3: Us, and that's the FED rate cut yesterday.
Speaker 4: And mo Kelly, what's next for Diddy other than being sodomized fifteen times per day.
Speaker 3: By his cellmate.
Speaker 4: And so we will talk of that coming up at eight fifty as we end the show. You're gonna hear a lot of screaming from his cell but it's gonna sound good because it's gonna be done in rap.
Speaker 2: How that hurts?
Speaker 4: Out?
Speaker 2: Never bite? Okay?
Speaker 1: That thing for you to finish that. I wanted to see what your freestyle gang was.
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, I don't think in those terms.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately I have to. I would have to write it out. Okay, how that out?
Speaker 2: Ouch? That hurts? It starts with a burst. I don't know. I don't know. I will think. You know what we should do is during the.
Speaker 4: Break we should write this and Neil, we should do a double rap back and forth about that.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay what rhymes with rectum?
Speaker 3: Nicely said that was?
Speaker 2: That's disgusting. Oh you gonna judge.
Speaker 4: Me, right, that's completely depraved and disgusting.
Speaker 1: Driving this driving the speed of traffic over.
Speaker 2: Here, sir ah right?
Speaker 4: Uh? And I say good morning to you, didn't I you sure did?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Memory memory, memory, all right? You know I would be You've seen those commercials for Prevagen. I always I write it down. I always forget to go out and buy the stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, now, why don't we do it?
Speaker 3: We have a lot of news on the table.
Speaker 4: It's a handle on the news with Amy King, Neil and me lead story.
Speaker 2: Oom bom boom.
Speaker 4: Things are really heating up in the Middle East. Oh my god, nicely done.
Speaker 2: Kno.
Speaker 4: So a couple of days ago we had those explosions with the pagers that we talked about, and what the seven people killed and twenty five hundred wounded. The next day the walkie talkie started blowing up by the thousands, and be root is reeling, I mean reeling, And this is the United This is Israel now being aggressive. Usually, Israel is a reactive country militarily, like said, like the war right now going on in Guza was as.
Speaker 3: A reaction to October seventh.
Speaker 4: The only time I can remember when Israel was not reactive in terms of they started first was nineteen sixty seven, the nineteen sixty seven war. Ever since then, it's been reaction, reaction, reaction. Well, well, let me tell you what happened. The Israel Defense Minister said, Israel is in a new era of war. They're going after Hesbelah right there, real simple. Either they assumed that the war was going to start anyway. Hesbelah has been unloading missiles into the north of Israel. Sixty thousand people are displaced. Northern Israel does not exist. I mean, it is a ghost town. It's a Calico ghost mine is there's nothing there. And Israel says that's it, We're done with Hesbelam. They're prepared to go to war. I think they're just ready to do it. And Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said, you know, we're at the beginning of a new era and we need to adapt ourselves.
Speaker 1: What then, this was all because of October seventh? What was the what was the initial goal? What do they think was Israel?
Speaker 3: You know, they don't even know what the initial goal was.
Speaker 2: The initial goal was.
Speaker 4: Number one, of course, punishing Hamas, but part of the goal. And this is where I think Netanyau who has it all wrong. My opinion is he wants to wipe out Hamas, wipe it out, take away all of its ability to even govern, much less its military capability.
Speaker 3: Well that's never going to happen.
Speaker 4: Hamas controls that if there are four people left in Gaza, four people will be controlled.
Speaker 3: By Hamas, they're not giving anything up.
Speaker 4: Then the issue that no one knows about what happens after the war, because it's going to end, and Hamas, if it is going to be wiped out, it's military capability will certainly be degraded to the point where it's not going to be an issue.
Speaker 2: What does Israel do now? Does it occupy it? Does it? What does it do?
Speaker 3: Does it have that barrier around it where.
Speaker 4: You have a demilitarized zone which actually exists in a small part right now. They don't know Natagnal who doesn't know, the people of Israel don't know, and then you have the hostages.
Speaker 3: It's a mess. But I tell you, Israel saying enough is enough.
Speaker 4: We're going after anybody and everything, and Kazbollah is one of those targets. I don't even know if Hasbellah at this point even knows what it's going to do. It says we're going to retaliate, We're going to go after you. But no one has any idea because they're just reeling. They had no idea this was coming, all right, litten else, pardon, it's like nothing else.
Speaker 1: This response is like nothing else we've seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've never seen this. We've never seen something like this.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, we saw in the sixty seven war.
Speaker 4: Where Israel preemptively attacked, but then there was reasons for and this one is straight out. We're going after Habilah because Hisbela are a bunch of a holes and they've made life miserable for Israel, and they launched rockets and have always been limited amount of military forces being used back and forth.
Speaker 3: Now it's the gloves off. Okay, let's do one more.
Speaker 5: Time to start borrowing.
Speaker 6: Maybe The Fed has voted to lower interest rates by a half percentage point. A lot of speculation that it was going to be a quarter point, but they said nope, we're going for the full half here. And that's raised some speculation that the economy might be in trouble because it's a larger drop than everyone was expecting. But the Federal chair Jerome Powell, said the decision reflects our growing confidence that within appropriate recalibration of our policy stance, strength in the labor market can be maintained. Basically said, we think we're doing okay, this is going to short that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what they have to do. They have to look at inflation.
Speaker 4: They have to look at the job market, they have to look at you know, what the banks are doing, people borrowing, And Powell said, look at what we have.
Speaker 2: We have full employment four point three percent.
Speaker 4: Our inflation rate is down at two percent or two and a half percent, exactly where we want to be. The stock market is doing great, it's at record levels, and he says, that's how we have.
Speaker 2: To maintain this. We have to navigate this.
Speaker 4: This is great for the presidential elections because you're going to see Kamala Harris parroting what Jerome Powell said. We're in actually good shape, and you're going to see the Republicans saying the world is falling apart. Inflation has never been higher. None of you is working, and you know none of you are working.
Speaker 2: Not is working.
Speaker 4: I actually used to speak English at one point in my life.
Speaker 3: That ended a long time ago.
Speaker 4: None of you's is working.
Speaker 2: Does that work? It's your second language?
Speaker 3: It actually is my second language. None of you are working, all right?
Speaker 1: Speaker Mike Johnson's plan to fund the government for six months was rejected by the House, and obviously there's tensions around the fast approaching government shut down deadline, which is at the end of this month, September thirtieth, and that would mean, you know, without an extension, most federal government operations would shut down on October first. Millions Americans are going to have the opportunity to early vote in November's election, so obviously this one.
Speaker 2: Is uh, you know a little more important.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, it's again it's all politics. Usually several months extension for and they do this every year. I mean, I can't remember the last time there was a budget that was put in and the date that it was legally had to be established, so they asked for extensions or they vote themselves extension after extension.
Speaker 3: Not this time around.
Speaker 4: Mike Johnson said, we want to have an extension, but we have to have that the proof of citizenship when voting. And they're you know, they actually have a few Republicans said no, and all the Democrats said no. And this has a lot to do and it's real simple. Donald Trump calls the Republicans and say this is what I want you to do, and that's exactly what happens. He did that with the immigration bill. They had that immigration bill that was about to go on the floor. He called and said, I want this killed Mike Johnson killed it, and so we will see.
Speaker 3: You know, the only question I have, and I know I run.
Speaker 4: To the politics because I'm obsessed with presidential politics and what's happening, is if Donald Trump loses, if does he still control the Republican Party after that?
Speaker 2: Is it still the party of Trucody.
Speaker 4: I don't know, because this is because does he still have the ability to primary someone out saying I don't believe in this guy. I want him out among Republicans during the primary, not the general.
Speaker 2: So we'll see. We'll see.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we'll get a bill at some point because starting October one, the government shuts down. As it shuts down, federal employees won't be able to cash a check, they won't get a check, and it becomes very limited.
Speaker 2: And we'll see. As to this point.
Speaker 4: Up to now, the Republicans have always gotten the blame for this. When the government shuts down, We'll see what happens on this one.
Speaker 6: So, speaking of presidential politics, the Teamsters have decided.
Speaker 5: To not make a decision.
Speaker 6: They declined to endorse a presidential candidate for twenty twenty four. This is the first time in nearly three decades the union has not endorsed a candidate, and honestly, it's always Democrats at least ninety percent of the time. And the Teamsters president Shan O'Brien said in a statement, unfortunately, neither major candidate was able to make serious commitments to our union to ensure the interests of working people are always put before big business. That statement made in spite of not one, but two polls taken of the teamster's rank and file that said they support former President Trump by a sixty to thirty four percent margin over Harris.
Speaker 4: And I was thinking about this. I'm going to do more about this at seven twenty.
Speaker 2: What is going on with this?
Speaker 4: Because the Teamsters, as Amy said, You're absolutely right, the Teamsters religiously go a Democrat.
Speaker 3: Last time they didn't was I nineteen eighty eight or something.
Speaker 4: And you would think, and keep in mind, Kamala Harris walked the picket line with strikers.
Speaker 5: Did she go too? I know Biden did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, she went, oh yeah, she walked the picket line.
Speaker 2: And so what is going on?
Speaker 4: And I think I have some ideas and this is just my thinking, which of course is absolutely superb because I'm never wrong. And my analysis is always very deep and very considered and thoughtful. And so I'm going to bring all of that to the table at seven twenty, and you will be as impressed with me as I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, what I love that You're gonna You're gonna bring all your thoughtfulness and your horrible hatred for everybody Trump to the to the UH forefront.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Nice and balanced?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I actually I am going to be balanced on this one because I'm trying to figure this out, and it is this is counterintuitive, this, but I think there are some reasons why so many teams stirs, why so many members of the Union are supporting Trump, And I think there are some actually some good reasons in trying to figure this out. R and Biden couldn't overcome. And I'll do that at seven twenty.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it makes a third party, all right.
Speaker 1: Sheriff policy, the policy officially prohibits joining or encouraging others to join a deputy gang. This just came out yesterday that the LA County Sheriff's Department unveiled its new policy against law enforcement gangs. I don't know why this has to be new. I think it'd be just be illegal to have a gang. One former under sheriff reported reportedly had a gang tattoo. Another former deputy claimed that he was fired for refusing to join a gang. So obviously there's problems in the department, and Sheriff Robert Luna is saying that now they're going to be prosecuted and investigated and all of that.
Speaker 4: I'll do more of that at seven o'clock because there's a world to that one too. And once again I am going to bring deep, thoughtful analysis to the table, well considered, totally unbiased analysis.
Speaker 1: Man, this is going to be like the most unbiased show of all.
Speaker 4: No, what's going to happen is you're going to see emails coming in by the drove saying, is handle running a temperature today?
Speaker 2: Is he sick?
Speaker 5: Did he didn't catch a break?
Speaker 6: Federal judge has ordered Sean Diddy Combs to remain in jail until he goes on trial for sex trafficking and racketeering. The judge said that Combs poses a risk of witness tampering and is a danger to the safety of the community. Now, combs lawyers said, hey, give us bail and he'll stay in his mansion in Florida. He'll be monitored around the clock by a private security force and we'll give you fifty million dollars.
Speaker 5: And the judge said, no.
Speaker 4: It was a bond for fifty million dollars secured by his house.
Speaker 3: Goes to show you how expensive his house is.
Speaker 4: And the judge, you're right. The judge sid absolutely not. I'm going to talk to Moe Kelly. We do Nortal View at eight fifty this morning, and I'm going to talk about Combs in his career and what this means.
Speaker 2: And we were.
Speaker 4: Talking yesterday about or this morning, talking about rap coming up with some kind of a rap song that Combs can do.
Speaker 2: I've come up with some stuff.
Speaker 4: My butt's in jail and I'm not poor. It's no fun here and my butt is sore.
Speaker 2: Okay, I quit. Hey, we grabbed that, by the way, for a future reference. By the way, kno, is that a promo? Okay? Why don't we move on? Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Huntington Beach is suing California over a new state law that prohibits California school districts from notifying parents of a child's gender identification change. So if the child goes from male to female, pronoun or vice versa. They can't say anything. So this is all Governor Gavin Newsom. He signed that bill into law in January. In July rather and the Golden State became the first state to prohibit school districts from requiring staff to notify parents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is one of those woke standoffs, if you want to call it woke, and that is the state.
Speaker 2: Goes one way, very very liberal.
Speaker 4: I mean, just you know, you can't tell a school, can't tell parents that their kid that little Adam is dressing up in address and goes into the girls bathroom, can't tell the parents, which I don't get.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know how parents wouldn't know that.
Speaker 4: But Huntington Beach is the poster child of fighting this thing, and they're not alone.
Speaker 3: I mean, there are groups after groups.
Speaker 4: That have file lawsuits to stop this sort of thing, a lot of conservative groups, the Heritage Foundation and the City of Huntington Beach is sort of leading that charge. That's going to be interesting as we go through that over the next several months.
Speaker 2: But you do think it is strange.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on the whole thing that it's like if you don't notice that in your own child, or you haven't had that conversation that makes me nervous about you as a parent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you don't know. But it's like, you know, it's almost.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if it's possible for a kid to identify with the opposite sex without the parents knowing about it. It's like to fight over IVF. Oh my god, they want to stop IVF.
Speaker 2: They want to make a you know.
Speaker 4: No, no, there is no there's no state that says no to IVF. So you know, it's it's don't don't be that simplistic, you know, I mean, there's a lot to it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, okay, you know, the problem.
Speaker 4: Is all of this lines up politically, and it just shows where we are politically. You have the state going into things that I don't even get what they're doing.
Speaker 3: It makes no sense other than you have anyway, let's just move on.
Speaker 6: Two two two Airlines one Alaska Airlines has merged with Hawaiian Airlines. It's a one point nine billion dollar acquisition. The US Department of Transportation agreed to it, and the Justice Department bent didn't block it, which is unusual because it blocked Jet Blue and Spirits merger and also a merger between Jet Blue and American. But the CEO of Alaska says it's going to be good for competition and consumers, and it's going to give customers access to both networks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that's because they have to They have to keep their service going because otherwise they would shut down one of them. And now you have a single airline serving a single geographical area.
Speaker 2: Oh and guess how expensive that is?
Speaker 4: You know, like fly out of Burbank, for example, to a city and that's in Southwest and see how much it costs more than Lax. By the way, I have a question if Alaska Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines be come one, how do you dress when you get on an airplane?
Speaker 5: They are kind of polar opposites.
Speaker 3: Yeah they are, aren't they?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How about a park of annale Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or Hawaiian shirt but that's well insulated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Neil, I said, those those salmon and spam roles are going to be.
Speaker 2: Delicious on that? All right? Sorry about that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I love I love spam.
Speaker 2: Who does it?
Speaker 4: Man? All right? You know what, Neil, Neil, you were just bssing and so slow on the mark that we're going to take a break, and.
Speaker 2: I actually had my mic off.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest, all right, all right, So Boeing temporary furloughing executives and other non union workers.
Speaker 2: They're trying to save cash.
Speaker 1: Of course, during the strike of thirty three thousand members of the International Association of Machinists. So this furlough will keep their benefits, all of those things.
Speaker 2: But basically what they're going to do as a rotation. I think we did this back during the pandemic as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they'll be off work for one week of every four weeks, and like this rolling basis and the duration of the strike basically limit the impact on each individual.
Speaker 2: But they're going to.
Speaker 4: Get on a Boeing, get on a Boweing plane, and you'll see a lot of it put together or kept together with duct tape because no spare parts are being manufactured.
Speaker 6: Okay, nice Suing for safety. The parents of four Pepperdine students who were hit and killed along Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu last year, as well as a fifth student who was injured at filed lawsuits against the State of California, cal Trans, the California Coastal Commission, La County and Malibu. They claim that the dangerous roadway design on that portion of PCH is really contributing to deaths, and they then they haven't implemented life saving safety measures. So they say that that's what one of the things the lawsuit is pushing for is to implement those measures.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and these are against all the governmental agencies for poor design, poor manufacturing.
Speaker 3: Normally, you go, okay, I mean.
Speaker 4: That's a tough lawsuit, except fifty nine people have been killed on that exact portion of Rhodes since twenty ten. Okay, maybe that tells you something. What do you think this is a good lawsuit? They have a case.
Speaker 1: Speaking of lawsuits, entirely avoidable is what the Justice Department said when they filed a lawsuit just yesterday seeking more than one hundred million dollars from the two corporations that owned and operated that container ship, you remember, the one that destroyed Baltimore's Francis Scott Keybridge.
Speaker 2: What the hell happened?
Speaker 3: I just spilled my coffee, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I have you know this mug, you know, one of those insulated mud uggs, and it just I mean, you know.
Speaker 1: I thought it either it was me, I vote, hitty chances, Scott key Bridge.
Speaker 4: Just dying and just going off the air and just having one of those attacks.
Speaker 2: Dead. But it's not it was my coffee mug or anything.
Speaker 4: No, because I have a top on it, a little tiny bit, but you know how you have those screwtops on it where you just uh yeah, thank goodness.
Speaker 3: I had one of those because I spill everything.
Speaker 4: I mean I have ruined more uh computer, what do they call those boards?
Speaker 3: Yeah, than you could ever imagine.
Speaker 2: Where were we? Oh, the Justice Department? Here we go. Oh no, we're done. Amy's got the US launch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, So, uh, it's about time you can now renew it. It is actually about time you can renew your passport online now. So it's a new service that will allow you to upload a photo and pay and completely apply to renew your past or online so you don't have to go to a passport office or you don't have to send things through the mail.
Speaker 5: So it supposed to speed it up.
Speaker 2: It's this is this is Nate.
Speaker 3: This is Nate, the state PREPARTNERENT helping people with passports.
Speaker 4: And the only only limitation is you have to prove your illegal then you get your.
Speaker 5: Passport if you prove your ill yeah.
Speaker 4: Then uh then otherwise you're no passport for you.
Speaker 1: All right, Dinny's freak parties aren't the only parties you can't attend anymore.
Speaker 2: Tupperware parties are the thing in the past. See what I did.
Speaker 1: They're Toperware Brands Corp. Some of its subsidi subsidiaries filed for Chapter eleven. Bankruptcy comes with dwindling demand. That's really what it comes down to. Very iconic brand food storage containers now just nobody's There's just a ton of other options in different tech.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it used to be only Tupperware, and it was expensive stuff, and a lot of people made their living, a lot of housewives made extra money with Tupperware parties.
Speaker 2: And you're right.
Speaker 4: You go to Costco and for thirteen dollars you can get the equivalent of a you know, forty eight pieces of a product that's as good as tupperware.
Speaker 2: So you got rubber made, you got all kinds of yeah, yeah kinds.
Speaker 3: All right, We're done, guys.
Speaker 2: That is it.
Speaker 4: This is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app