Speaker 1: You know, I hate to just HIJACKI, but we were talking about it's on the Sports Center or whatever right now that you know, what's the bigger deal the Chiefs being undefeated or the Niners what they're three and four, and we both agree that, you know, the Niners probably is the bigger deal or whatever. Shocking, shocking, And I'm like, yeah, we're just getting raped with plagued with injury, and you agree that you guys are as well. And I'm sitting here thinking, I'm like, you know, f round, we could still take it, because all we got to do is just make it to the wild card round, right, and then just start stomping ass in the playoffs and could still make it to the super Bowl. You know, you said it many times before that like these these games, that's what really matters right there. So I'm hoping as a Niners fan, that that's what happens. We at least make it to the wild card round and then we just start kicking ass after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, looking at the the group you guys are in in the wild card scenario, you are.
Speaker 3: Not likely, right, So in.
Speaker 2: A wild cards on the bubble, you guys are behind. So all right, on the NFC right now in the hunt is Lions, Commander, Seahawks, Falcons, Vikings, Packers, Bears.
Speaker 1: That's said, isn't it. The Bears are doing.
Speaker 2: And then on the bubble Eagles, Buccaneers, Cowboys, Cardinals, then the forty nine.
Speaker 1: Ers, right, we're like at the bottom of the fucking last year.
Speaker 2: And then Ram Saints, Giants, Panthers, so and then it has a projection of probability playoff probability, So Lions ninety percent playoff probability.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're kicking out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as long as they don't get dealt with injuries and they play at the level, yeah, they are absolutely gonna win. The National League Commanders one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: The only thing that I think they're in danger of is lack of experience. Right, they have a sixty two percent probability, Seahawks forty percent, Falcons sixty two percent, Vikings eighty seven percent, Packers sixty five, Bears thirty five percent. And then I'm not gonna go through all of them, but just the forty nine ers forty eight percent. So that still puts them well eligible to make it in it could we.
Speaker 1: Have to play a perfect season. I think for the rest of the season to make it there. If we continue to play like we're doing now, this same happen.
Speaker 3: This is if the playoffs today.
Speaker 1: Right, anything could change, anything can change at all whatsoever. So that's kind of where my hope is, you know, just leave the glimmer of hope out there that we can make it to the wild card. You know, play the rest of the season out damn near perfect, win our games, get to the wildcard round and at least start kicking ass there and then take it back to the to the big game for.
Speaker 2: The forty Because you, like you said that you guys have had injuries. What is the thing that takes you out of it completely?
Speaker 1: What do you mean.
Speaker 3: Because deebos oh, so like is the next? Who's the next? What's the key that would have to go for you to be like it's.
Speaker 1: Over a fucking party. Getting hurt part. I agree, pretty Getting hurt is the that's the only thing holding us together right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the he's the in game manager for sure.
Speaker 1: Absolutely take them out and if he gets hurt and we end up going with a backup. Not everybody is a fucking rock party, third string fucking backup. That just blows everybody away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dobbs could be some Brandon Allen could be something. I mean, remember Party was a third stringer exactly, so it is possible.
Speaker 1: It is possible, but not everybody's like that. Yeah, and and and God forbid, hope that's not the case. But if he got injured or something happened to him, I'm calling season done. I would I would call it done right then and just be like, hey, guys, let's just let's just finish up the season and we'll work on next season and try to do better. Well, we will do better, there's no try.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for us, if Patrick Mahomes went down, that that would be the end. Or maybe now Patrick Mahomes, it would be the one that would have to for sure, maybe Chris Jones like, because our defense is what's saving us in all of our games, so.
Speaker 1: Right, But I mean, you've got somebody in Mahomes that can do He could carry that team. Honestly, you can have a you know, Kelsey not be there, none of those big players be there, and he could st will carry the team. Yes, I think.
Speaker 2: So, I'm just saying, like, besides Kelsey or besides Mahomes who obviously wills that team into victories. And listen to this. I saw this this morning. This is really fascinating. This is the Chief's stats because obviously the interceptions, which like the interceptions on Sunday, were batted down. Player felt those really aren't his interceptions, right, that he wasn't like brock Purty throwing it straight to the defender.
Speaker 3: But I will argue too that like.
Speaker 2: In a couple of them, the receiver went in the wrong direction and party thought he was going to be somewhere else or where he was supposed to be.
Speaker 3: You could make that anyway. So this is their offense.
Speaker 2: Fourth in positive earned points after so like that's that's that's yeah, seventh in scoring drive percentage still top ten, fourth and lowest punt percentage and second fewest plays that go for no gain. The Chiefs either score or they turned the ball over. And that's that is the stat that's not terrible. Are they throwing interceptions, yes, right, But when they get the ball and if they don't turn it over, they're scoring.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: We have scored what was the stat it's some ridiculous number.
Speaker 2: We have scored like more than twenty one points every game since like Week seven, of last year.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm not saying that the Chiefs aren't good. They clearly are. They're working on their third straight Super Bowl. They run over everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: It gets fucking hold sometimes. Yeah, like come on, come on, there's another one. There was a TikTok that keep coming up, right because they'll like replay the games or whatever, and it's like flag on the play player player was too close to Patrick Mahomes' personal space. Fifteen yard loss, Chiefs win by fifty points. It's like, yeah, well that's kind of it. Yeah whatever.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Yeah, Chiefs have scored over twenty one points in five of six games, including twenty on the forty nine Ers and twenty six on the Ravens and Saints, which were supposed to be good defensive teams for sure, ten number ten in yards per game, number thirteen points per game, forty percent of the top ten in total offense yards with the Ravens, forty nine Ers, Falcons, and Bengals. Like, that's not horrible company, no, it just as people are like they're so bad. Mahomes is over, Okay, No, if this is over, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm not gonna lie. I have thought that thought many a times up. Who can this mo fucker just retire already? And I think, you know, personally, if it was me, if it was me, no, now, this guy's making way too much. But I say, you know, get as much as you can if it was me, Get your third straight Super Bowl, Yeah, get your four straight super Bowl if you can, you know, and then retire, Stack up some cheese and keep doing you know, fucking endorsements for State Farm or whatever, which I think that's so bizarre that they've got, you know, in one commercial you can see Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid and sometimes Travis Kelsey all three State Form. I'm like, that's so nuts that they have all those, you know, And I'm like, I wonder how much State Farm dishes out for those three ple people.
Speaker 3: So the story is.
Speaker 2: But there's two interesting things about Mahomes. He will only film commercials in Kansas City, Okay. He doesn't want to travel to do films our commercials okay because he wants to have it in the community. And he doesn't want to travel from his family, okay, which makes sense sure if you can dictate that. And three, when they renew, he's always like I want to spread the wealth, and I thought.
Speaker 1: That that might be our case. I thought that might be the case because I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to that and how their deals set up. But I was like, I wonder he got the gig as you know, the spokesperson for State farmy. He's like, well, I want my buddy Travis here to be in on it too and get some money. Well why not get coaching involved as well, so to essentially spread the wealth as well.
Speaker 2: He's not charismatic. Andy Reid's not charismatic dude now, but neither is Saban. And he's in those commercials. You're like, yeah, this is uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm not gonna lie there. The ones are money. Seeing Andy Reid in a commercial, you're just like, oh, that doesn't fit, but whatever, it works.
Speaker 3: But he can be funny the Fumbaluski bi you said, I'm not gonna say that pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh yeah. I love it either way. I just like watching it. It's more fun when you have people that are into it as well. Uh so, yeah, I just love That's kind of where I'm at.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not expecting to make it far in season I'm not expecting for the forty nine ers to make it that far, but it's still a good quality television, well and entertaining.
Speaker 2: I would argue you didn't get a fair shake because you really became a fan the year they go to the Super Bowl, right.
Speaker 1: Right, right, I've always been a fan, right, but to really get into it, yeah I am now, yeah, absolutely so? All right?
Speaker 2: Wait, so we get these emails about solicitation for interviews. I could bore you with some of them. I'll give you one. We got an interview where did that one go? Because it was funny? We got an interview wanting us to talk to the Alzheimer's and dementia care expert. So we get a lot of requests for things like that, right yeah, which I don't think you need me to tell you. We pass on ninety nine point nine percent of them.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you passed up on a good one. There. I remember. We do the interview, but we act like we never remember anything. Who's this right? See but this one?
Speaker 2: And then we get a follow U usually like hey, I just want to see if you have time to talk to the dementia whatever person? And again if I if I don't recognize it. It's gone. Yeah, and sometimes we even get them for some famous people and sometimes it depends on who it is and we're.
Speaker 1: Like, eh, I don't want.
Speaker 3: To deal with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so this one, though, I'm bringing up because of the topic, is so bizarre.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So they're wanting to know if we would like to have these two experts on, both doctors, to talk about the safety tips of bonfires. Huh, Corbyn circling back to see if you had any more questions about bonfire safety tips to avoid part pollution. Still have opportunities, but they're going fast to meet with doctor David blah blah blah and doctor Anthony blah blah blah to discuss methods to safely enjoy your next bonfire.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'd rather take lessons on how to make the perfect news. What the fuck? Man?
Speaker 2: I want to have them on to go. What made this an issue? What was the second what's the thing you were working on right? And what's the next thing on the plan? Because I feel like this, can you can deal with this later?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tell me cancer is in one of those slots, Maybe child sex trafficking, maybe dependency issues.
Speaker 1: I hate when you say how to be safe at your next bonfire, I'm like, okay, make sure that nobody catches fire. That would make sense. Okay.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's the end of the conversation.
Speaker 1: Make sure the fires contained. And it's not this.
Speaker 3: I love this. Okay, all right, So let's think of the safety topics. Okay, hold on, we're gonna I'm gonna ask good old chat GPT. Okay, okay, so start thinking like just out loud brainstorm. Some of the concerns are dangers of a bonfire.
Speaker 1: Okay, the concerns are dangers of bonfire. How likely is it for a bond fire to get out of control? I think that's my number one concern And he's letting the chat GPT tell us the answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm giving it.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to give it a all the potential concerns, right, I asked it. What are the dangers of bonfires that need to be addressed for public safety?
Speaker 1: Is what I asked it. Okay.
Speaker 2: And so the first that says the bonfires can pose several risks, okay, okay, yeah, and addressing these days is important to ensure public safety. Key concerns fire spread that feels what should go without saying any even if you have a grill a campfire, Yes, wind is an important attribute on the danger of it.
Speaker 1: One little piece of coal flyires up. Yeah, next thing you know, you're burning down the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Fire fuel availability falls into that fire spread, like are you burning near dry vegetation? Like right now we're in a burn band. It's like some crazy fine. It's like a thousand dollars fine if you get caught with an open flame, I believe, including your grill really yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh. Other one air quality and smoke inhalation.
Speaker 2: Bonfires can release harmful particles and toxic fumes into the air when they're burned.
Speaker 3: Smoke inhalation can lead to respiratory issues.
Speaker 1: Sure, So I don't set a lot of bonfires off in the house. Usually they're done outside and the wind will carry the smoke away. So I don't really think of that as a concern, not for me. Now, what else did you put in there? Form?
Speaker 2: Well, I was checking something because I'll circle back to what we're done, and I wanted to say, okay, uh yeah, smoke in relation all right, Burn injuries, people falling into yeah, hot fires, children and pets are particularly vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because kids don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know why it doesn't alcohol, but yeah, explosive hazards of doing bonfire.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. Pressure throwing containers, and that's what it says.
Speaker 2: Throwing aerosol cans, batteries or pressurized containers into bonfires can cause explosions.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I've seen that happen before. Not so much like with the batteries or whatever, but aerosol cans. Those all over people. When I was growing up in a New kirk. I don't know if they still do this or not, but they used to around homecoming time would have a giant bonfire for the school.
Speaker 3: You might remember.
Speaker 1: It was like.
Speaker 2: An A and M tailor. Maybe they had a big bonfire and they make this big structure and then it collapsed and a bunch of people died.
Speaker 1: That might be why. Maybe they don't do that anymore. I don't even know if they still do it, but this was back in the mid nineties when we were there, and kids would take fucking shotgun shells with them to the bonfire and throw them in the bonfire.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I've thrown lighters and fires before. Those usually don't cause much damage, just yeah, and that's it inside the fire. But I get what they're saying, environmental damage, sure, okay, any whatever alcohol consumption. Public bonfires are often associated as social gatherings. Where alcohol is consumed, risk of accidents and injuries increase, if that makes sense. Sure, I can't tell you how many times I've gotten drunk and jumped through a bonfire or O. I'm many here. It's been at least half a dozen times or more.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a buddy of mine. We were this was back in the early two thousands. It was like twenty not even twenty one yet. So yeah, this was two thousand and we're out there gathered around, we're at the bonfire and I just jump over, but do And he looks at me and he's like, I see Jesus when you're around, because I did some weird stuff that like would be considered dangerous jumping through fires or whatever.
Speaker 2: So, uh, legal restrictions and permits, sure, Improper extinguishing, one hundred percent. I could see that being a concern. You think it's out a lot of those fires. You think they're out in there, not wildlife impact. The heat, light and disturbments can harm or displace wildlife, particularly at night when animals are more active.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about wildlife, so I'm just gonna assume that they're telling the truck.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm sure that they are. I've never really taken that into considerably.
Speaker 3: Like the bears were like, oh it's morning exactly.
Speaker 1: You know, the raccoons and deers aren't coming out. You're like, oh, let's go outher around the fire.
Speaker 2: So I looked something up because I remember this being a thing, and it is a It is an old time practice in agriculture, and those are field burns.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can reset a field. A lot of farmers do this.
Speaker 2: It isn't as comedy more, but Kansas is a big proponent of it. There are times when they do it, depending on when they do it. You can see it from here in the sky. Oh really, it's pretty massive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When I was living a New Kirk, same thing. We had a lot of wheat fields around and they would torch their fields for the next harvest. And my buddy Jesse Houser, his grandpa, would be sitting out in his front yard with his garden hose spraying off the roof of the house, just trying to keep it moist in case anything came up. It didn't burn the house down. Now, his house never burned down, so I don't know if that would worked or anything like that. But I'm thinking if this fire gets out of control, your fuh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has to do with maintenance, dealing with invasive species control, pest management, nutrient cycling. You can do it for cat I know it for cattle, like it helps encourage a special type of growth for cattle.
Speaker 3: To feed on.
Speaker 1: I've always known it for the nutrients that it's given back to the earth.
Speaker 2: So Kansas they do it from late March through April, and they're less common, but they also will do it in October in November.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it is a thing.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: These are the states the college is with the most notable bonfires. Oh fun, Texas A and m on a college station, they've had one of the most famous and largest bonfire traditions until the collapse in nineteen ninety nine, which killed twelve students. The official bonfire was discontinued by the university, but a student run off campus bonfire still occurs as part of the homecoming celebration.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they're just keeping the spirit alive. But hey, hey, hey, just do it off of campus. As long as the school has nothing to do with it, We're good. Okay.
Speaker 3: University Mississippi, Okay.
Speaker 2: Ole Miss continues to host bonfire's part of homecoming pep rally, student performances Tailgate.
Speaker 3: Clemson.
Speaker 2: They have a long standing tradition of hosting a homecoming bonfire, often associated with its rivalry football.
Speaker 3: Game against the game Cocks.
Speaker 2: It's typically part of a larger celebration that includes building student designed floats at the field. McMurray University in Abilene, Texas, Okay, they do it. And Nichols State University in Thibodeau, Louisiana, they've had bonfires part of it for a long time. Out of cool schools still do it. It was not a thing until I heard about the Texas one for meal anything about it?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, we would have one at our university, but it was never like it was never officially.
Speaker 3: I don't remember being official university thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, students getting together, let's have a bonfire and get drunk and celebrate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe again, maybe it was. I don't recall it, Okay being that way.
Speaker 1: I remember we did it into high school and that was that. That was just only there when I moved down here. So I moved from Newkirk over to Takowa. I don't remember. I was only there for the one year, and I don't remember bonfires there. But of course that's when I started smoke a pot too, so that might have changed a little bit. Well. Then when I moved down here to Tulsa, I can't remember jinx Ever doing it. I don't remember Awasa doing it. But again, I kind of shifted in life sure to where I'm not wasn't so much, didn't give a damn about school spirit anymore. I just wanted to go party with my friends. But even then the friends were like, hey, go to the bonfire, as it was like my sophomore or my freshman years and before that.
Speaker 2: Now, I've been to plenty of bonfires, but they almost all have been on private land part of a camping thing or hangout or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a while since i've been to one. I've been invited to a few. I'm just like, I'm cool on sitting outside. I don't want to smell. Yeah, I don't bother me. I smell smoke all the time. It's just a bundle up and carry a fucking blanket, and we're sitting in front of this giant fire out in the wood.
Speaker 2: It's usually too hot. You gotta move around the smoke. It's a giant as it really is.
Speaker 1: It really is. But I get the camaraderie and we're fucking gathered around, we're having drinks, you know whatever. There's always just seems like there's that one guy that wants to make the fire bigger and more powerful. And it's like, we're good, what is it?
Speaker 3: You're right, like, it's there's always one guy that wants to throw gasoline into it. You're like, okay again, enough.
Speaker 1: Right, get the palette over there, man, break it up, bring it up, but throw it on their bro throat on it. Here's some gas, let's get go it. My go ahead?
Speaker 2: Uh my in lost camp and we'll sometimes meet up with them and take the kids out there or whatever and hang out.
Speaker 3: And you know, it doesn't matter. I mean, goddamn degrees and I probably do a fire and I.
Speaker 2: Just let him do it right, And no matter what, they start picking ship up and just throwing it in the fire.
Speaker 1: Hey, just because you want to watch it burn. Man, fire is an amazing element. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: Sure, he is sure.
Speaker 1: The the destruction, the sheer destruction that it can cause within a matter of seconds is just amazing. I think. Uh, and it is fun to just a don't watch it burn, So I get way the kids do it, But you're right, and it doesn't have to be like it.
Speaker 2: There's a Richer Pryor movie where he watches kids on a bus to try and like get in busting loose.
Speaker 1: What the fuck you don't know this movie?
Speaker 2: It's dude, It is a great movie. So in the movie, he plays an ex con who's given a chance to avoid jail time. But I'll read what it says here. It says Richard Plier plays Joe Braxton, the x con who's trying to avoid jail time by driving a busload of trouble kids across the country. The children are being relocated after their special school is closed, and Pryor's characters tasked with transporting them along with their teacher played by Cicily Tyson. The movie mixes comedy and heartwarming moments as Joe bonds with the kids and helps them through various challenges in their journey. So he's a bad guy, right, and he plays that typical like chucking' and jive and Richard Pryor coming out of jail to like being a heartwarming guy.
Speaker 3: And in the in.
Speaker 1: It there's a kid hold on there who is the pyro.
Speaker 2: Oh god, there's this one kid who's a pyro pyromaniac, Ernesto, one of the trouble kids on the bus. He's portrayed as a child with a paschant pashant for lightning things on fire, adding both comedic and dramatic elements to Richard Pryor's character. Joe Braxton has to deal with his behavior while keeping the group safe with the journey. And at one point he's like hitting on Tyson and he looks back and there's a fire and he's like that, you know, being.
Speaker 3: Like Richard Prior character. It's just a great scene.
Speaker 1: Man. I it's apparently it's on Amazon Prime, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the three forty nine. Yeah, so what, I don't think it'll be on again, it'll be I've never heard of that movie. Oh dude. Classic Richard.
Speaker 2: Quotes quotes from because there are some fantastic ones. It is just so perfect because he gets so frustrated. Uh, I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 1: All one warning.
Speaker 2: Don't make me hurt you talking to children, right, Okay, okay, what was a different time He's yelling about the kids in Sicily Tyson's character goes, they're not crazy, mister Braxton, They're just different.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm out here in the middle of nowhere with the busload reject rejects in a dream internesto, this is one of the best quotes.
Speaker 1: Fire.
Speaker 3: I like Fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's a good movie, dude, it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Check it out. Then maybe I will break down.
Speaker 2: Dude, to work through. The Richard Pryor catalog is a solid way too. That's a good gold half. Oh, there's some good movies.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I thought i'd seen them all, but apparently I've seen stir Crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ster Crazy.
Speaker 1: Course, Brewster's Millions, of course the most popular one. Yeah, let me see day. What's your favorite Richard Prior movie? Okay, five Richard Pryor movies? Oh, top list? The top list? Got you? Uh?
Speaker 3: These are the top five according to whatever right, silver streak Okay, him and Gene Wilder actual comedy about a man framed for murder on a cross country train.
Speaker 2: Prior's sharp humor and chemistry with Wilder makes this one of the best.
Speaker 3: Uh is this the one where they're on the train like they are like it's kind of like a pseudo Old West. No, no, no, it is not.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Live on the South, Bustin Loose, Harlem Knights, Okay, the Toy Okay, Boster's Millions, All right, which way is up?
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever heard of that one.
Speaker 2: Prior plays multiple Rosen this comedy about a poor farm worker who accidentally becomes involved in a union battle while dealing with personal and family issues.
Speaker 1: Car Wash, Hell yeah, car wash right, the original car Wash?
Speaker 3: Yes, he's very limited in it. He plays Daddy rich blue collar now tore auto workers Harvey Kaitel, Fat Codo and Richard Pryor, who become involved in a heist and subsequent dealings with their corrupt union.
Speaker 2: I don't know that movie. Yeah, you could work through the through the Richard Pryor catalog.
Speaker 1: That would be fun that It looks like a be a fun way to spend a Sunday. He's got quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's done some movies. Man, All from apparently being not a good dude either. No, how many wives do you think he.
Speaker 1: Had Richard Pryor? I want to say four four wives?
Speaker 3: Let me phrase the question.
Speaker 1: How many times do you think he was married? Four times? Seven? Seven times? Eh? What's the longest and what's the shortest? Oh, that's fun. I want to say ten years is the longest. Probably when he first got into the how this goodness?
Speaker 2: So he married Patricia Price in nineteen sixty They divorced in nineteen sixty one.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: He married Shelley Bonus nineteen sixty seven, divorced in nineteen sixty nine. He married Deborah McGuire in nineteen seventy seven, divorced in nineteen seventy eight. He married Jennifer Lee in nineteen eighty one, divorced in nineteen eighty two. He married Flynn Blane in nineteen eighty six, divorced in nineteen eighty seven. He married her again in nineteen ninety divorced in nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 1: Now they tried to make it work out again, huh.
Speaker 2: He then remarried Jennifer Lee in two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: And that's apparently who he was with when he died. Got it all right? So he went back to the well a few times, but most of origel relationships didn't last more than a year. That makes me feel better about myself.
Speaker 3: I could be wrong, but he he had. He was known to be quite the womanizer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it was a different time. Yeah, back then, Yes, it was more acceptable about this.
Speaker 2: Nine years after Prior's death, biographical book called Becoming Richard Pryor by Scott Sahl stated that Prior acknowledged his bisexuality, and in twenty eighteen, Quincy Jones and Prior's widow Jennifer Lee, stated that Prior had a sexual relationship with Quincy Jones. Marlon Brando that Prior was open with his friends about his bisexual on the fact that he slept with men. Prior's daughter disputes the claim, to which she stated was in denial about her father's bisexuality. He later told the Hollywood entertainment series tm Z that it was the seventies. Drugs were still good. If you did enough cocaine, you'd hold I just make sure you did.
Speaker 3: Enough cocaine, you'd fuck a radiator and send it flowers in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could believe that.
Speaker 2: In his autobiography, Prior convictions, Prior's talks about having two week relationship with Matrasha, a trans woman, which he called two Weeks of being Gay, and his first special Live and Smoke and Prior discusses performing fallatio. He also said in the special and in nineteen nineteen seventy seven at a Gay Right show at the Hollywood Bowl, I have sucked to dick.
Speaker 1: And most people thought that he was just telling in it as a joke, just trying to be funny. Now he used his life experiences in his bit.
Speaker 2: I think when you tell jokes the way he tells jokes, you have to not give a fuck no, and if you don't give a fuck, you just fuck right.
Speaker 1: Probably one of the greatest. Yeah, he's definitely on the Mount Rushmore of comedians. Yes, Yeah, he has to be Yes. If not, then there's something fucking wrong with him. Yes, because he changed, he changed how stand up Yes was done.
Speaker 4: Yes, when I uh, when I I tried stand up for a little while, I did like two open mics at the u IMBROV experiment when that was around over off of was.
Speaker 1: A seventy first and Riverside Peoria area anyhow, and uh, one of the guys is like you learned. Richard Pryor changed a lot of things. He's like three things you need when you're when you're doing comedy stand up comedy is is motherfucker, jack and right. And Richard Pryor put all three of those in his bits all the time. Call somebody motherfucker, call him jack and then right right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah at a time too like that. It wasn't what he was doing was pretty abrasive. Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's easily.
Speaker 2: You can make an argument he might be one of the best of all time full stop.
Speaker 1: I will go ahead and I would say that, I mean, you gotta get put Carlin in there, right, he's Robin Williams has to. I could say that, I think Robin Williams is one of the best stand ups of all time because he was more than just telling jokes. He's, you know, a character performance, you know voices. Hey.
Speaker 2: I think it depends on who you ask. You asked Joe Blows, It could be anybody. Like I never thought Richard Pryor was funnier. It's what average quality, yeah yeah, but of comedians who practiced the art, this is what the list. Richard Pryor, of course Yeah, he's considered the greatest stand up comedian of all time, which there is a classification, because his ability to blend personal pain, social commentary, and humor revolutionized stand up. He broke boundaries by talking about topics that hadn't it been talked about on a microphone, right.
Speaker 3: George Carlin.
Speaker 2: Of course, because he was known about his social commentary is what made him so ability to push boundaries.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Lenny Bruce, Okay, okay, I never cared for his comedy that much, but okay, that's just me.
Speaker 2: Dave Chappelle, Oh, absolutely have to put him in the conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I like that because a lot of these like Carlenz, Lenny Bruce, they're old school. It's good to have a modern, recognizable name in there.
Speaker 2: You have to be fearless, and even Lenny Bruce was fearless. Yeah, right for his time in the fifties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just wasn't my bag.
Speaker 2: And for sure, Richard Pryor did that, and Chappelle is doing it now. Chris Rock felt like he was flirting with it, but it never was like Chappelle Or was.
Speaker 1: On his way up there.
Speaker 3: He still is. He's money, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can work a stage crazy, yeah, for sure, but I don't think he's near as good as he was in nineteen ninety nine at the height of his career.
Speaker 2: Also on this was Eddie Murphy, which I think is fair to put him on the list. Delirious and Raw Raw might be one of the best.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely lose recorded stand ups. Oh absolutely. But it was after those two that he started getting in and doing more movies, and I think he fell off. I think he started to fell off, fall off after those two Space.
Speaker 3: Didn't need but he didn't know. No, he did those when he was on SNL.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, but that after that he got he gained more popularity, started doing more movies.
Speaker 3: He didn't need to do them right.
Speaker 1: And then so to be a stand up guy comedian, yes, absolutely, but stand up well. And his brother wrote all the all And that's another thing too.
Speaker 3: But Chappelle had a has a writer.
Speaker 1: I guess you, right.
Speaker 3: A lot of those guys have writer. That's not a big deal.
Speaker 2: Just like people are shocked to find out that the country singers specifically have writers, right, they have somebody that writes for them.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of songwriters.
Speaker 2: Pop writers also are known to do that, and we but we cut pop writer pop singers because they they have someone that writes their music, but we don't do that with country singers, right, yeah, Yeah, And I don't see Kat Williams on there. And I think Kat Williams might be one of the modern day you could push the boundaries fearless comedians out there.
Speaker 1: I would consider him one of the modern greats. Yes, probably be like Chappelle and then Cat if I was going to put him on any kind of arrangement or whatever, but I don't. I don't think he's better than Dave. This morning, I'm on my way, I'm getting ready for work, and fucking Half Baked is on the television. Yeah, and I stop and I get stuck, fucking stuck watching this damn movie, and I'm like, I gotta go, I gotta go where I'm gonna sit here. I'm gonna be leg for work and I'm gonna sit here and watch all of half Bait. So I found it, you know, and Record has set it to record another time or whatever. But that fucking movie is so fantastic genius. Absolutely, you're nineteen eight, correct, ninety eight? Yeah. I try to think of where I was at in life where when when like movies and music came out, that's usually how I come to the dates like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, Chappelle, you expected him to be good in it, but who here's somebody who I think does not get the credit being like a scene stealer in that and is a great comedian that doesn't I don't think people don't put respect on his name. Harlon Williams.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, he's right.
Speaker 2: He steals scenes in that and that a lot of movies that he does.
Speaker 1: What is that movie a Rocketman Rocketman where he has to go into space with a monkey or whatever and they're trying to see if their life on Mars could exist or whatever, and you know, he has to save the captain or whatever, and he's like, like the shuttle is or something's gotta pin down, and he's like, all right, I need you to call me mommy, sir. And he's like, what, I'm not gonna do that, and he's like, listen, I've heard that when a mother could lift a car off a child just off of adrenaline. Now, sir, call me mommy, okay, mommy, And then he lifts the rocket up I'm and saves the Captain. It's a great movie. He's a great he's a great actor.
Speaker 2: Rocketman, Half Baked Sorority Boys, Dumb and Dumber Employee of the month. Yeah, Freddy got fingered down periscope.
Speaker 1: Freddie got fingered was that is a I think that's an underrated great movie? Daddy? Would you like some sausage? Tom Green?
Speaker 3: You know? All right?
Speaker 1: Fun not where I thought that was going to go.
Speaker 2: All right, you guys, Hey, our toy drive is going to be in a little over a month, like forty days I think is the actual clock ticker. But that's going to be on December fourth and fifth, And if you want to be a part of it, we'd love for you to collect toys. Start organizing that now and just deciding the day. Some employers will even match, and then you can bring them out there. If you bring ten toys, we'll mention your business. If you bring twenty, we'll talk to you about your business if you want so. We would love for you guys to be a part of that. And it's gonna be at Dave and Busters this year again December fourth and fifth, brought to usler all right, you guys, have a fantastic week.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, Oh, you gotta put it the music, Yeah, make it sound right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta do the thing or else it doesn't feel like I was.
Speaker 1: Like, why does this feel so awkward? Play the music and they say all that shit out and we'll do it again. Got December fourth and fifth at david Busters, brought to you by USO. You guys have a fantastic week. Lindsay will rejoin us on Thursday, supposed.
Speaker 3: To maybe maybe we'll see hey life, life comes at you fast man, see you later.
Speaker 4: Bye bye,