Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, it is the Benin Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Hey, make sure to go to our website for all the information on the little flyaway thing we got going on with Lincoln Park new music dropping tomorrow. It's a big to do. Christina, You're gonna have some information on that tonight, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Sure will so we got mas tomorrow. We're gonna be playing Lincoln Park's new single all day Friday.
Speaker 1: All day Friday, we will be playing it. But if you want to win the contest, be listening to what Christina has tonight. Go check out the website. We will keep you guys in the loop on all of that. It is time for your MAVs Minute, brought to you by the Sunset at McKinny Amphitheater. Go to Sunset Texas dot com for information on how to own a firepit sweet or join the Apeman Club. Mavericks loss last night, no Anthony Davis or PJ Washington Junior in the lineup. Your guy Najy Marshall had thirty eight though, Yeah, but he had twenty eight in the first half. But hey, they just didn't have enough firepower. Second night of a bout to back. They were clearly worn out. They hit fifty eight percent of their shots in the first half and then ran out of juice in that third quarter. I've said it a million times most games on the second out of a back to back, where a team really comes out.
Speaker 3: Flat and hits the wall, it's the start of the third quarter.
Speaker 1: It got the MAVs last night, but Anthony Davis will presumably be back in the lineup tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Christina just mentioned it.
Speaker 1: Orlando Magic pregame starts at five thirty, game starts at six. You're going wait five thirty, you guys are on the air. Yeah, we're on the air. We're gonna be at Live by Lows. Come out hang out with us tomorrow, but we're gonna be on three to five thirty, but me and Ben are getting there at noon. We're gonna stick around after the show because it's opening day. Live by Lows is right by Texas Live, right by the ballpark, and we want to hang out with you all day long. If you don't have tickets for the game, watch the game with us, have it on Giant TV. The beer will be flowing. We'll be hanging out live music for brand new funk. It's going to be a blast, so come on out see us tomorrow. But right now it's time for this and.
Speaker 4: No time for basis week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fon tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 5: I'd like to start the City of Plano, and I'd like to take the Plano City officials to task. Plano City officials are declining request from firefighters to adopt a new shift that's becoming rather popular nationwide for firemen and women. Plano firefighters currently work the twenty four hour shift with the forty eight hours off. We've heard this for years. Was very interested by the fire fireman shift. It again, they're on and then they're off. So twenty four hours on then eight hours off. Yeah, but what's been taking off nationwide is the forty eight hours on and then ninety six hours off. So firemen, firefighters, firefighters.
Speaker 3: Fire women.
Speaker 1: Yes, I thought they were called fire hose. Uh no, that's you put the fire out fire out vernacular.
Speaker 5: But firefighters, their wives and other supporters spoke to Plano City Council members Monday night to urge them to consider the schedule change.
Speaker 3: The answer was no, Christina.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it's working for the other firemen, why and women? Okay, well firemen and fire women firefighters. It was working for all the other firefighters.
Speaker 3: Where the male and female firefighters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my dad's retired, but the twenty four to forty eight.
Speaker 1: Works also, Uh, trands and truant gender firefighters, yeah, exactly, and little people firefighters. What huh, we're doing it all right. I want to get back to the fire hoset thing. Okay, is that something that you hook up to a hydrant?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Or do they have water on the truck? Both? Yep?
Speaker 5: Both, but you but not a large supply, Yeah, because that would make the truck slower and could be it heavier. Damnites, they run a lot.
Speaker 3: Of red lights. Okay, now yep. The answer was no. And here's my question. What couldn't the answer have just been maybe, yeah, we'll look into it. At least Plano doesn't get down like that. Dude. You know what? You know what planose dealers.
Speaker 1: They're like, Look, we're pretty much maxed out with our population. There's not a lot of new development. Depending on what happens at Colin Creek, We're good. We don't need you coming in here telling us what to do.
Speaker 2: They were just the happiest city nationwide, too, Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they're happy with what's happening.
Speaker 3: I remember. Okay, so there, what is the breakdown now?
Speaker 5: On off twenty four forty eight and they want it to be forty eight ninety six?
Speaker 3: Okay, Why does it matter?
Speaker 1: Because all they do is they go and they hang out at the firehouse, They take a nap, they play cards.
Speaker 3: Lift weight, shoot calendars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes they ride up and down that greasy pole.
Speaker 3: I'm sharing how that.
Speaker 2: Affects the like ash to be shift that they got going on to you know jargon?
Speaker 6: Was your Was your dad a male firefighter? Was he ever in a like a calendar fireman? Shirtless? Were wearing the suspenders?
Speaker 2: Not that I'm aware of, So I don't ever want to be aware of.
Speaker 3: He fought fires and delivered mail? What we huh? What is a male firefighter? Yeah, he's a he's dome.
Speaker 5: Yeah okay, but was it weird him not being home some nights?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So he would usually work on holidays, so we would always have like Christmas, we would have on Christmas Eve basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of people do that, but but no, I does.
Speaker 2: He was always working, usually when something big would happen, Like I felt like he was working more than he was at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because one on off to off. Oh yeah, that's weird. Yeah, he was at home more often.
Speaker 2: Well, you can volunteer to take shift as well. Oh, okay, he volunteered.
Speaker 6: He's trying to get out of the house. Yeah, he was desperately trying to get out of four women here. I volunteer for shifts in my bathroom.
Speaker 3: Were they trading like half shifts like Pokemon cards?
Speaker 2: Yes, actually you can trade shifts. That's exactly what he did, like half ships. I don't know about half.
Speaker 5: Because the whole twenty fourth thing does seem intimidating. But I'll take twelve off your hands. Ere doesn't Jesse Holly take a half shift? Yeah, he said he could take I have deuce.
Speaker 3: Was your mom gone a lot when your dad was gone? Got out gall.
Speaker 5: No, she had a full time job, but she was home with Yeah man, when she was gone, he was home, But when she was home, he was gone.
Speaker 2: No, if he was off and she was at work, he would be at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, she was a firefighter too. No, she wasn't. So who was off? They were?
Speaker 1: He would get off to go and work, and she because they didn't. They were not because of the shift, the one on two off the schedule. Is that what you were asking.
Speaker 5: I'm not jumping in the dog pile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's my parents and talking about I'm actually going to dinner with them tonight.
Speaker 3: Planning are joining us for dinner?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Are you going? My mom?
Speaker 2: I'm probably listening right now.
Speaker 3: I'm just going with Eugene. Okay, we go. We are House Subs. We're going to fire House Subs Deli. It is so good.
Speaker 5: I actually like it.
Speaker 1: And we're getting He's got his own sandwich there called the crandall cram down and it's got cranberry on it, kind of like a Thanksgiving sandwich.
Speaker 5: Then you like thanksgiving them the conversation with Thanksgiving terrible sandwich concoction.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: Uh, Kat, did you think that anything Skin was saying there about Christina's parents was out of bout.
Speaker 5: To me? As an American who supports first responders, you you.
Speaker 3: Don't support firefighters, though you support police officers.
Speaker 5: Supporting them right now, I'm calling this story. No one was going to talk about this story. You'll notice that the local news won't have the balls to talk about the story because Howardon will constituent Howardton Will.
Speaker 3: You bet you're ass he will?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: One don't even knows who Howardon is Channel channel eight, guy, right, our audience.
Speaker 3: Like, who's Howardon? You know they know Forton? Oh you know? All right.
Speaker 1: I just got a text from Velma. She said, I agree with everything you're saying right now. Tell Christina to meet.
Speaker 3: Us at eight thirty.
Speaker 1: Doesn't have your number. Oh dude, I'm on there with her and Casey. What is Christina in her phone?
Speaker 6: Is weird?
Speaker 3: What is Christina's name in her phone?
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: Uh shredder? Don't you have a bunny nickname that they all have in your phone?
Speaker 2: What my mom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because you got they got that alert.
Speaker 2: That Oh no, my my, SERI just calls me Christina.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, then I don't know where you were going with yea, What did you mean, Ben?
Speaker 3: She her eyes are watering. Christina? Do you like Thanksgiving? You like Thanksgiving? Thank you? Yep? God, I miss Eugene and Velma. Well that'll do it for the news.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 3: Wait, do you have Moore? You want to keep the segment going.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to know why they won't let the plane. No, firemen have the same schedule as everyone else.
Speaker 3: But that's up to them. That's okay, Well we'll do a follow up next week.
Speaker 6: Okaymerton on Yeah, like all right, coming up next, the only segment of the day that shall to be podcasted, You must listen live.
Speaker 3: The Today Game is next.