Speaker 1: Can't Eric pull it off home?
Speaker 2: Be ready because it's times.
Speaker 1: It's about to get weird. You're preparing for it to get weird. Things are gonna get weird. It's getting weird.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get real weird with it.
Speaker 1: Let's get weird. Let's get it Where? Where?
Speaker 2: Get Where?
Speaker 1: Are you ready to get weird with Hoodie and Eric? I'm ready? Listendy, guys, you're listening to that two one hundred and thirty episode of Let's Get Weird. My name is Sodi, i'mare and every week we come together, give you the weird stories from our lives, the streets, the sheets, the ups, the downs, the all around, and just have a good time. You know you're entertaining on the commute you have to do because you know no one likes to commute to work, No.
Speaker 4: No, especially on that Beltway. God the American Legient Bridge. Tell me about it every day ever, you know it will happen yesterday. This happened yesterday, is sauce. Text me guys for the first time, trying effic only thirty minutes to get to Arlington from from Rockville where we work at and I was like, great, can't wait as soon as I get off on g W Parkway. Accident, bloke blocking both sides of parkway.
Speaker 1: Like, no, you cursed me, you woman, and she didn't take the parkway. I know you. But yeah, So this accident happened and nothing really happened. They just fender bendered each other, took up both both files and all of a sudden, the on GW Parkway there's like three big lanes. The middle one is like for construction. They said, open up the middle one, have ad it. And it was a it was a purge scenario, everyone all out for each other. I just followed my way. I gotta get home to my wife.
Speaker 3: I've got to get home to the wife and Teddy.
Speaker 1: And it worked out. Did it work? I did? I think it worked. So we're going to recap a couple of things that happened to use the past week and a half because things have been wild and that's okay. We're gonna have a good time. Do you want to start in chronological order? Yes, all right, BUCkies, we've been there, we've done it, and Eric loves it. I don't know. I bought a T shirt.
Speaker 3: I bought a T shirt with Max making me buy it easiest thing to get Eric to buy something, tell Max that he needs he needs this.
Speaker 1: With his dad. So felt bad.
Speaker 3: I was like, all right, Bob, let's buy you something that's that's BUCkies related so you can remember it. Yeah, not just the shirt's at his mom's house. So it's like, I'm probably never gonna see that shirt again.
Speaker 1: One day next fourth of July. That's the thing with that shirt though, you can only really wear it a fourth of July or around fourth for July, because any other time you're like, why are you wearing that? Where it's the normal Bucky shirt you can wear whenever. Yeah, like the black one I wore. Yeah, it was intentional. Well, yeah, to remind you we went to BUCkies last week. How could I forget? How could you forget? Video you made was great and it's gotten a lot of great social and a lot of people drove. You know, the Bunkies is in Mount Crawford, Virginia, which is meant like ten minutes past JMU that little exit right there. Derek got seed a college campus that was nice that wasn't um D. Yeah, yeah, there's other college campuses who would have thought there. I know there's a lot. I know you will now because especially because you got n C double A, so you get to play that. I found out they put all the theme songs for all the colleges. You get to hang out with the theme song. Virginia Tech has enter Sandman. Oh wow, actually put Sandman in the Actually they hired a marching band this year to actually like perform like swag surfing and fiend and everything, so you have fun but to pay. Yeah, I don't know how that works. It's sports, you know. Ea in college, it's a whole thing. Back to BUCkies. We got there and lo and the whole good thing we did because my brother. My brother went on Saturday and he said it was in his show because everybody was there on Saturday and not a Thursday due it was an show on Thursday. I don't care what it was Black Black Friday. But food, Yeah, and I didn't really I wasn't impressed with the food. What did you get? People want to know, just the chicken tenders.
Speaker 3: We looked at getting the three meat sandwich and the other brisket sandwiches, but they just didn't look.
Speaker 1: I do think you weren't appeased because you got chicken tenders, which you can get anywhere.
Speaker 4: No, the chicken dinners weren't that bad. They weren't and they're not like, oh fresh chicken tenders on the bar.
Speaker 3: Now, the chicken dinners weren't bad looking. They give you a lot of French fries. They give you a lot of French fries in that box.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just was very underwhelmed by everything. I think it was just so hyped because it was so hyped up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah because Tiktoks. Yes, because of TikTok that. I was just like, oh, this is it? I think better?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, sub is ten times.
Speaker 1: Didn't get the tea steak burrito I got. That was delicious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That tortilla, it was like it was actual, like tortilla tortilla.
Speaker 3: Well, the next time, how about you drive and we'll go.
Speaker 1: I thought we'd take a private plane. Apparently my brother found out we could take but NASA's regional to like random Charlottesville town and go. Are you serious? Yeah? We could do as much. Is that gonna cost a lot of money? But you know, is it worth it for boozies? Anything? For BUCkies? I mean, look, it's cool, it's gonna be It's great to have one in the area. Apparently been one in Pennsylvania as well. Really what outside of Richmond in New Kent area. So that's that's the one I'm going to go to on the way home every time I go home. Right, because you like more, we're taking the hour detour. We'll go back. It's fine, it's an hour detour. It's probably like thirty minutes, but then thirty minutes back to the highway or whatever. Oh why would you do that, Andrew? Because boosies, I'm sorry, gas station is not worth it. I think bussies is better when it's like, oh, all right, cool, it is the middle of a six hour road trip, there's a Boosy's. Yeah, I can get out, walk around. We're gonna be here for like thirty minutes. Get my leg bufo, going to my legs again. Sit in a nice bathroom. Yeah, oh my god. The bathrooms were very impressive. Everything's very bright, the lighting.
Speaker 3: Very bright, very clean. It looked like they have round the clock cleaning.
Speaker 1: That looked great. Not gonna lie bathrooms, give it to you. Everything else was really wasn't. Really. We could work there. I mean, you could buy your house if you work there.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to work there. I'm gonna work like sixteen thousand jobs now.
Speaker 1: I had a good time. It was great to help other people explore. It was great to do it.
Speaker 3: It was great that we brought my dad. It was a lot of fun. Max had a good time, movie, Eric had a great time. I know you had a great time. So I can't get mad at that. The memories will always be there of us having a great time. As far as me doing it again.
Speaker 1: No, I'm good. I'm good to be interesting because like, look at all the like cookout and we'll say, like raising canes and Zaxby's like more changes started in the South and have come up, and every time you're always disappointed by it. You get hyped and they're like, huh, I didn't like it Raising canes. Cookout, You're still a mystery because we it's a Monassis and that's a far drive for you, still not as far as BUCkies.
Speaker 3: But I want to go back to a cookout. I want to go back. You don't want to go.
Speaker 1: Back, oh, because I get a cookout a ton baby.
Speaker 3: Right, So there's there you go. I want to go back, but you never want to go. We went two hours, Bro.
Speaker 1: That was different. That's why I lived there, you know, saying in Fairfax. So it's real close to the Manassas now even it's just as far as we're going here pretty much for an Asses. But BUCkies I think is fun if you are trying to think about doing maybe a mini road trip, but they do it. It's a fun little getaway. It's four hours. You could pass by some mountains in case you haven't seen any of those type of things. No, the drive is great.
Speaker 3: I oh, well take the express lanes, yes, and you'll have a good time.
Speaker 1: Pay you that express. I wasn't going to tell you to, but I was like, well, we just ate. There was a cookout right by the BUCkies when we went. It's literally an exit, the exit before the BUCkies say it was the cookout exit really, but I was like, we just ate. I can't like, there's nothing we need to get a cookout right now? Like that. I'm good to know next time, not going that way, not going that way. But speaking of things that Eric will probably never do, but but he loves. Yes, I found out more and I really into survivor. What do you mean so the show? Yeah, so we obviously on this podcast we've talked about the challenge. Yes, sir, sorry interrupt you.
Speaker 3: I know an actual friend of mine that I went to high school that was on one of the most recent seasons.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we start so more and I got bored and Netflix logged us out. We're with the Skelly, so we kind of like, whenever it lets us watch it, it lets us watch it. Fun fact, today it said you can watch it. So that's a whole weird thing. Because we were gonna watch the Squid Game but we couldn't over fourth of July and we said, all right, we got nothing else to watch, Let's try Survivor. Here's the thing, how how do you start Survivor now in twenty twenty five. Do you go back to two thousand when it started?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: You Google. Google says start with season twenty eight out of forty nine seasons they're on right now. What year was that twenty fourteen or fifteen? About ten years ago? So why we finished that season in two days? Was that good? It was pretty good. I think we just need a challenge rip and we don't get a new season the challenge, at least the stream because the challenge is weird. Streaming rights till sixteenth, So bings through another season and we'll get there. We'll be good to go. So what's so good about like what Survivor that takes fun? It's it's definitely like it is less physical then a less physical like athletic wise than the Challenge, but more demanding because you actually have to like survive. Apparently they only eat like six hundred calories a day and they're only there for thirty nine nights. So like you see, I think they actually weighed somebody and he lost twenty pounds from this when he started to when he got there, so he was like one sixty five and then when they weighed him, he was like one forty nine or one forty eight or something like that. Wow. Yeah, so interesting. But it's fun. And I know we're real lay on the Survivor train, but you know, we're riding with it. We're vibing. It's a good time. Yeah, I got another reality show to have on back burner.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you got Survivor, we got Challenge Challenge.
Speaker 1: We're good. That's the other word. Good. That's all we need. Did you guys eat the Love Island or no?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Did you I know a lot of places are doing Love Island watches and then there's this whole controversial thing that happened with one of the people. But I'm like, oh, good, I don't need I can't be watching a show every day like that. It makes you feel. It makes it feel like the Truman Show or what like ed TV or it's like it's on every night and you gotta watch it. Was it's a movie premise, but same thing. Yeah, good good movie polls. Never watched it, but I know about it because it's always it was always like one of those trailers that was on a VHS you had. It's like ed TV. You watch it is no, Oh it's not good. That's okay, it's not I watched Truman Show. It's better, a little bit better. I don't see you tomorrow. Good after good morning, good afternoon, good night. Yeah, good job. What's the next thing we gotta talk about? All right? Wow, just trying to We're gonna get barbecued together, are we? They We're in a barbecue, kick Buck, He's last week mission barbecue this week.
Speaker 3: We don't note with you about mission barbeque with me, because I've definitely brought it up before to you in past and when we do our lunch Tuesday, and you've always said, now that you've gone with your wife, I love a little.
Speaker 1: To taste buds. I think it just I haven't I mean to take you to a good place. Oh, mainly is my brother had mission barbecue for his wedding. That was her wedding food, so we had the catering version. It's essentially the same thing. The main thing was mour can eat there because they have salmon sheets fish. Now no, now here's the thing. Here's how I discovered it because I was like, well, I never go there because more can't couldn't go. Now she can we go. But this was an eric and hoodie thing. This wasn't a Moro hoodie And now doesn't want to go all the time because she's gonna have to get the same meal every time she goes. Whereas if I go with you, I have options. I don't remember what I got last time.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying to you is that I had this option years ago for you for us to go to, and you kept saying no, we'll slap in the face.
Speaker 1: And now I'm saying, let's go get some meat, put some meat in our mouth.
Speaker 3: We were going to Taco bell or the rotation was getting a little last, a little stale.
Speaker 1: Now, hey, barbecues in there, and you're too scared of hell. Guys, you won't eat It's delicious, good, they won't. We go to Mobe Dick.
Speaker 3: Hello, guys, better, I don't know the Commo number two and Moby Dick.
Speaker 1: Actually, if there's a big Greek cafe, we should go there. Yes, there's a big Greek cafe right on the corner. I got off. See you mean living in arlingtown, discovering new foods. No, because this annoys me. I big Greek cafe. You wish barbecue. You won't try them with me. You won't try guad, try them in a safety of my wife, to try the safety of Eric. Sometimes it's a little risky. How to take a risk? White boy taste, My wife protects me. You have white boite taste. But I know what to give you. You love a lot of ranch, and you have a lot of ranch. You're a ranch. And we go get wings. Of course, I want you dipping fries of blue cheese. Yeah, it's not bad. That's the title of the episode. H there we go.
Speaker 3: Blue cheese is better than ranch. I'm tired of you freaking ringos thinking it's better.
Speaker 1: You mean blue cheese salad. Yeah, we put blue cheese on a burger. Yes, I would put blue cheese on a burger. Hell yeah, I wouldn't put branch on a burger. That's a lot Chipotle ranch. I don't hear no Chipotle blue cheese because dangerous. It's icy and cheesy at the same time.
Speaker 3: Your bows would be most with that Chipotle hot sauce.
Speaker 1: By the way, we've never gone to Chipotle from we did one time go to Chipotle. Which one did? We go to the one piking rows we have? Yeah, oh, Chipotle is okay, Like their nude branch sauce is pretty good. Actually, not gonna do it, but is okay. We also wanna go to Kudoba enough because we get and I'm there a tad. I went on a hot streak. What I always here a lot. I was like, I cannot eat Caanova anymore right now.
Speaker 3: There was a very attractive cashier that works at Kudo. But then I saw on Sunday and I was about to be like, ol may I'm work but I didn't.
Speaker 1: Torches tacos over there too. We gotta try it again. Oh, we do spend some time. We'll do that next time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, we're doing Mission Mark today. I'm gonna be mad. I'm mad at you, moura, mad at you salty, So just just.
Speaker 1: Be glad that I can take you places now shut non avocado eating weirdo. Hey, we're getting there, all right. Look the track record is getting there. Okay, if you without me, I cucumbers now each I'm gonna hate maura than I eat them now. I eat carrots sometimes. Carrots are okay, carrots help with your vision? Carrots? Actually, where was it? I had it and I was like, oh, can we have this every time? I think Moore's mom cooked them one way? I was like, can we have this every time? I devour them? Carrots? A good carrot is good, good cook cares. Baby carrots are great like a baby carrot.
Speaker 3: Andrew, dude, come open that palette up, buppy baby baby.
Speaker 1: We're getting there, all right. It just took me ten years. We're getting there. You know what's funny is I bet you had Mission Barbecue.
Speaker 3: Didn't even know it because one of the other morning shows gets it, used to get it as a monthly drop.
Speaker 1: And I feel like you had it because that's different is a different place. I don't know what the other bar there's another barbecue place. We got used to get all the time to Rocklands. We get that everything. One wasn't there one that gave us the buns and we made the pull pork sandwich ourselves.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that was like two of them. There's a lot of marriage.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of barbecue spots around here. Well, I'm happy that we're gonna go to Mission Barbecue more. I'm still upset that you get your husband to do stuff and I can't out of this ten year work relationship.
Speaker 1: And out of this twelve year marriage or not marriage, but actual relationship. That's what happens. I got two years on you. Oh really? Its god? I include weekends. You just give me week days. I'd like to hang out. Hey, Custody tone, I'll go with you guys to winery and hang out. The last time you guys got to public got your pretzel? Hey baby? Okay, baby, Hey baby, we've been busy. I'm going Canada this week, so I'm mad. Do you want to Canada to Canada Dom? Get some poutine? I don't think you're gonna like poutine because it's just gravy, cheese and kurds in cheese form and fries right based space form of it. I don't like gravy. Do you? Are you a gravy eater? And a yeah, the gravy's got meat in it too, right, however they make gravy and eat it by myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know. I don't like gravy. I've never liked gravy. Latinos, we don't, at least.
Speaker 1: In my household. Growing up, we never had a gravy.
Speaker 3: We never did the gravy that sound on Italian there, but it was fine, was the other the s.
Speaker 1: So we gotta try that. That's really it. Tim Horton is gonna get some tim bits or whatever the hell it's called. I thought it was closed down. There's one right by our hotel. I was, and Mouras like, we have the free breakfast and we're going to tim Horton. So I don't care about the free breakfast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those are donuts or their donuts good too, Yeah, and the coffee drink coffee.
Speaker 1: But I told Moura was like, yeah, you gotta go to Tim Horton the coffee apparently is really good. And then Tower where Drake did the little photo album right there be right by the hotel. You go crazy about the latest song he dropped. Is it good or is it bad? They went crazy because good Chris dissing.
Speaker 3: Everybody, just Lebron, everybody that was that was on Kendrick's side, now they left him. I'm like, what do you expect, Drake? People flip flop bro stop. That's your hip hop corner. Eric, you're on, Let's get weird.
Speaker 1: And speaking of corners, we're actually gonna go to another corner with you and see if you can do it. The rest of this podcast, we're dropping this connections. Okay, it is how non spoilly can Eric be about a movie that Hoodie has not seen. So I'm testing you and Kevin because on Crisis check that on Crisis both of you have seen Superman the twenty twenty five. It's not Superman the movie that's the O g one. This one's a Superman. Oh really okay, definitively so about it. I mean, everyone knows what you're talking about, but it's the whole thing. You both saw it last night I didn't get to go because my wife went to the yard. That's the whole thing. But she's fine, She's okay now nothing nothing super fatal, but just checking. That's okay. You want a mission, barba get Today's no, that's fine. Because I was in the in the yard thing. I was like, if we get discharged, I could go. Now, could have made it. I know I wouldn't have made it because we got discharged and I was like, all right, let me get you dinner and everything settled. I was like, it was like seven fifteen. I was like, well, I miss half the movie. Sureley won't get kicked out. Put me on your met homie on the minute smart classes. You'll see me three. So you've seen it pivotally. People in our office come to you and I mostly you to not really to tell them verdicts of movies, and sometimes we drop some spoilers in there. You got to do that by yourself today, and you tried your best to hide the spoilers. But then you were asked the spoiler question, and then you went very silent about a certain character showing up who plays a famous raccoon. Oh, and then silent. I didn't because I didn't want you to hear it. I didn't want you to hepreciate that I try. I try so, Eric, you have the floor. What did you think non spoilery about Superman twenty twenty five? Oh, okay, get some water. David Corn sweats your new Superman. Nicholas Holt is your new Lex Luthor, and Rachel Brasahan marvelous Missus masel Is Lois Lane's who that is? Oh? I never watched Martins Miss Mabel.
Speaker 3: But okay, all right, so we're gonna start the top movie eight point five.
Speaker 1: Go see it.
Speaker 3: I thought it was really really good at ten out of ten, eight point five out of ten, very good. It's there's no there's no like origin story, which is great because there's a cool crawl at the beginning which explains to you where the timeline is and how this but where this starts the movie and it right into right into action.
Speaker 1: The guy playing Superman, what's his name, David Corn sweat, he's very good.
Speaker 3: Kevin kind of did a funny thing yesterday where he goes it's a mix of the guy who's Smallville Superman, Tom Welling and Henry Cavill mixed together. Okay, because they kind of had the same facial structure.
Speaker 1: Now did they did they? This is did they have an Easter egg to this? Somebody said theme song? Not to the theme song, damn, they always need to have that.
Speaker 3: No, but there was there was a little there is a little Easter reference in the movie, which was cool.
Speaker 1: So he make sure watching very good pacing, very good acting.
Speaker 3: Nicholas Holt, He I mean has Lex Luthor I think did an incredible job.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is he was supposed to be Robert Pattinson Batman. He auditioned for that right and he was number two, so he Superman got number two, and then he finally was given Lex Luthor. Well, he was great as Lex Luthor.
Speaker 3: And this Lex Luthor, I think is the it's it's a it's an homage of the Smallville version and the Gene Hackman version. So what's the guy that the podcast that I used to listen I listened to, Oh my god, what's his name? Yes, Michael Rosenbaum, Michael Rosenbaum. So it's like that version mixed in with Gene Hatman. So it's like maybe he's in his thirties, mid thirties, and he's like he knows a lot about Superman and you get that right from the jump. He did a great job. The cast was incredible. I think a great ensemble. The dude playing Green Lantern was funny. Mister Nathan Fillion, of course, yes, mister.
Speaker 1: Terrific was great. Hawker was great.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Olsen, that guy from Righteous Jimpsons, Yeah, nailed it. Very funny. How they they what they do with him in that movie. And then of course the dude who played the editor, he's not yet, but.
Speaker 1: He's a great. He's just a great. He's from like they show the Wire, He's from the Wire. Everyone knows she did he do that? No, he did not do that. I was waiting for him do that next time. He should have. He should do as I mean, I guess you said.
Speaker 3: The story is great. The pacing was great. It's a great movie. There's a lot of Easter eggs. There is a stupid cameo that I thought was dumb, but whatever, I get it.
Speaker 1: It's fine. And credit is there one there? Kevin thought there was two. There's really just one actual one. There's really just.
Speaker 3: Actual one at the very end of all of the credits, and that's it.
Speaker 1: And so then yes, and they do a great job of forward.
Speaker 3: Teasing to the uh like the next Superman movie or the next the next Superman movie.
Speaker 1: But did it set up like a Justice League or potential like the Wonder Woman or the Green Lantern show that they're potentially doing the DCO.
Speaker 3: No, they definitely have a I mean there's a Justice something in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh and I loved the Rick Flagg.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh what's his name? Damn it? What's this guy's name? Frank Grilla? He's great. He was Crossbones in the mcuhuh, and then he voiced the character in the the HBO Max version the what the hell is that creature? Commandos? And we'll be in Peacemaker there you go season two. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, I know it's a it's a good movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, now movie out of every other Superman movie. We'll just do the first one of the Superman the movie franchise one, two, three, four, because three and four are bad. So you got Christopher Reeve Superman. Well, we got the Man of Steel. What's his face? Man of Steel's Henry Cavill. Brandon roth is Superman Returns. Where would you rank this Superman movie with those other four ones, the first ones, I guess the top.
Speaker 3: Okay, number two, I mean the original Superman with Christophe is the best. This will be number two.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, Now excited to see Fantastic four in two weeks. Yes, hopefully we can make it happen. Yes, we gotta do some emailing. We gotta do some email. We're ready to get them shot Colin over.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be interested to see how the DC and MCU fight it fight it out.
Speaker 1: For the stylized takes that we got, they're very u I don't know if opaque niche, but also very like pasteli. Like you look at the trailers you think pastels colorful. Yeah no, it's wasn't that at least the trailer You're like, oh, colors.
Speaker 3: And stuff like that, but you don't Yeah, no, no, no, no, I mean it's a it's a good movie.
Speaker 1: It's a good movie. Alright. Well that's Eric's opinion. You can form your own opinion when the movie comes out this Friday, Yeah, theaters near you want to spoil this movie, s I'm gonna see it next Friday, is what I'm free. I do. I have time in Canada to see it more will not like, let's go rogue and see an American superhero movie called Superman. When do you come back? Tuesday night? Oh so then Wednesday and Thursday. More is gone on Friday. So I say, you know what, let me treat myself. I got get myself. I got a pass to go see it in false Church to a theater I saved, Thank god, I saved those give me a free popcorn. Good. We could go on together. But now you're gonna go to Virginia. You know, I hate. It's a false church. I hate Virginia. That's besides Crystal City. That's close to DC. I can get you. Where's full I don't even where false Church. It's on the Metro orange line. Yeah, I'm taking the Metro. I don't know. I mean good. No, I I give you a pass. I got five, like five of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see bring Max next week, No, next Friday.
Speaker 1: Don't have them? Okay, I need him, no needs needs are give me the first sign of support. Well that does it for this podcast. No misconnections today. Eric's busy. Eric's got stuff going on. Maybe we'll talk about that next week, depending on how it goes.
Speaker 3: Today, we don't talk about it next week.
Speaker 1: Well hopefully it's fun. But uh, you can follow Eric mister Eric V. That's m R E R I C k V. Oh my brother. Oh, brother's trying to buy a fossil watch. Well that's not good. Why. I don't know. We'll find he just texted us. We'll find out. You can follow me at Andrew Hoodie. That's what the why. Have a great week. You always remember it's okay to be weird and sexy.
Speaker 4: It got weird, didn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah,