Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show the hitch you how right in the quizzer.
Speaker 2: I'm David Flora and I'm Annie Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than Angel Reese gets me bounds. She's so good at me bounds, she's getting a trademark.
Speaker 1: Bang. Not much in the way of news. We'll have our Zoom Trivia the second Saturday of July. That will be the twelfth noon Mountain Time. It's free, it's fun, super cash. Come hang on and have fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do it or else.
Speaker 1: That's all we got. So here's how the show works. Whiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question. Round one. Question one the category is television, which three word catchphrase was made famous by the character Steve mcgarrett in the original Hawaii five O television series. Question two category film. This one comes from major data figure major, thank you major? What actor slash comedian part of a famous duo plays the caddy Romeo Posar in the movie ten Cup? Question three category language from what is the term honky tonk? Derived? Question four category mythology? In most accounts, to whom was the Greek god Hephaistus married? And now? The answer is to round one? Question one, which three word catchphrase was made famous by the character Steve mcgarrett in the original Hawaii five Oh Book Them dan Oh?
Speaker 2: I never watched that show.
Speaker 1: I think they've said it in the new one too, From what I read Book Them Danoh. Question two, what actor and comedian part of a famous duo plays the caddy in the movie Tin Cup? The counterpart of the duo is Tommy Chong. It was cheech Maren? Question three from what is the term honky tonk derived? It was a kind of bar, at least from the earliest account in print, probably a place of ill repute back in the day. It was mentioned in print along with something that was a brothel type honky tonk would be a brothel, but anyways, a bar. Question four In most accounts to whom was the Greek god e Feistis married Aphrodite, and she cheated on him with aries, and he chained them to a bed and made everyone come and laugh at them.
Speaker 2: Huh, that's one way to get your revenge. Round two. Question five the category is space. What is the densest planet in our solar system? Question six? The category is entertainment, which Ira Glass hosted podcast became the first news program to win the Pulitzer Prize for Audio Reporting in twenty twenty. Question seven, the category is society and culture. Historically responsible for organizing a UK county's militia until eighteen seventy one. What honorary hyphenated titular position is usually awarded to a notable person and despite the name, may be either male or female peer or not. Question eight the category is is music. This question comes from listener Nolan thinking, Allan, what iconic disco song includes the lyric? We can try to understand the New York Times effect on man and now the answer is to round two. Question five, What is the densest planets in our Solar system? Earth? And it's getting denser every day? A Question six, which Ira Glass hosted podcast became the first news program to win the Pulitzer Prize for Audio Reporting This American life. Question seven historically responsible for organizing a UK county's militia until eighteen seventy one. What honorary hyphenated titular position is usually awarded to a notable person? Lord Lieutenant? Question eight? What iconic disco song includes the lyric We can try to understand the New York Times effect on man staying alive? And Nolan makes an interesting observation. He says the song has become an odd cliche in film scoring to depict a character's new confident outlook or mindset, but it's actually about how bad life in New York City was at the time of its release.
Speaker 1: That's it for the first half. That means time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is Geography. You'll have thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following. According to World Population review dot com, what are the top seven Australian cities by population? Your time starts now.
Speaker 2: And that's time. The top seven Australian cities by population are Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Canberra, Australia. It's huge spiders is on our bucket list.
Speaker 1: Round three. Question nine The category is history. This one comes from listener Bobby. Thank you, Bobby, Thank you Bobby. Who was George Washington's running mate for president in seventeen eighty nine? Question ten? Category video games? What is the term for a business model where aspects of a game's contents can be purchased to enhance the game experience for the player? Question eleven, Category politics? The eeric to siren is the bicameral parliament of which country? Question twelve Category architecture. The cathedrals at Strawsperg, Gloucester and Orvieto are prime examples of what kind of architectural style? And now the answer is round three. You questioned nine. Who was George Washington's running mate for president in seventeen eighty nine? Nobody? John Adams ended up being vice president because he was second runner.
Speaker 2: Up and real salty about it. I don't know. I just know things from the John Adams mini series on HBO with Paul Giamatti, and he was always grumpy and it was great.
Speaker 1: That's a great series. Question ten, what is the term for a business model where aspects of a game's contents can be purchased to enhance the game experience for the player. Micro transactions. These are where you spend two or three dollars here and there to buy different skins or item for whatever you're playing. And a lot of people are not too crazy about it, Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: It's nickel and diming. It's just like, let me just buy this thing and then enjoy it, not pay you constantly every time I play.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Question eleven. The eiriktus iron is the bicameral parliament of which country Ireland? That is spelled O I r e A c h t A s e i r e a n N Interesting? Question twelve. The cathedrals at Strasbourg, Gloucester and Orvieto are prime examples of what kind of architectural style Gothic?
Speaker 2: Round four Question thirteen. The category is science, whose work titled day revolutionibus Orbium Coallestium included the assumption there there is no one center of all the celestial circles or spheres. Question fourteen. The category is religion. In the hierarchy of the Catholic Church, what level of clergy is between bishop and cardinal. Question fifteen, The category is space. This question comes from listeners Laura and Dennis. Thank you Laura and Dennis and Dennis. What is the most distant human made object from Earth? Question sixteen? The category is animals. Night jars, buntings, and shrikes are all species of what animal? And now? The answer is to round four Question thirteen, whose work titled De revolutionibus Orbium coalstium included the assumption there is no one center of all the celestial circles of spheres. That was Nicholas Copernicus. Question fourteen. In the hierarchy of the Catholic Church, what level of clergies between bishop and cardinal archbishop? Question fifteen, What is the most distant human made object from Earth? Voyager one launched in nineteen seventy seven and still going as of May twenty twenty five. It is twenty four point nine billion kilometers from Earth. That's impressive. Question sixteen. Night jars, buntings and shri are all species of what animal? Bird?
Speaker 1: Night jars look like little dragons.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's adorable.
Speaker 1: That's it for the regular rounds. It means it's time for the Big Bang round. The category for this week's Big Bang round is vexillology. We'll give you three questions, the answers of which are all clues to the final question. Keep in mind the clue questions may not be from the same category as the final one. Question one the pantanol. The largest wetlands in the world are located on? Which continent?
Speaker 2: Question two? Currently there are forty four countries in the world that share what geographically significant feature? Two of them doubly so.
Speaker 1: Question three. The Society of Jesus, founded in fifteen forty by Saint Ignatius Loyola, is also known by what name?
Speaker 2: And your Big Bang question Again, the category is vexillology. What is the only country with a two sided flag?
Speaker 1: And now the answers to the Big Bang round? Question one the pantanol The largest wetlands in the world are located on? Which continent? South America?
Speaker 2: Question two? Currently there are forty four countries in the world that share what geographically significant feature? Two of them doubly so landlocked because he got two double landlocked countries.
Speaker 1: Question three. The Society of Jesus, founded in fifteen forty by Saint Ignatius Loyola, is also known by what name.
Speaker 2: The Jesuits and your big bang question. What is the only country with a two sided flag? The landlocked South American country that was the center of Jesuit missions in the eighteenth century. It is Paraguay. The obverse of the flag shows a national coat of arms and the reverse shows the seal of the treasury. That's fun. I think all flags should be two sided and the backside should have like a butt or a polar bear on it. I don't know, but those might just be the first things that pop into my mind because I've been playing with a.
Speaker 1: Six year old. Sure, that's the excuse.
Speaker 2: That's why. Fine, You're right, I'm always thinking about once and polar bears and polar bear bots.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you listening. If you'd like to be a patron, get an extra episode a month, sign up for the five dollars and up level on patreon dot com slash quiz bang. Those are a ton of fun. We just did a fifty years ago extrasode all about nineteen seventy five. Quite a year and a lot happened, and we had plenty of trivia for it.
Speaker 2: It was fun to record.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, hope you're doing well and thank you again. For listening for this episode of Quiz Quiz Bang Bang. I have been David Flora.
Speaker 2: I've been Adie Flora. He's looking at you.
Speaker 1: Quiz