Speaker 1: It's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast with Jack and Carnasco and JP Sorrow. We've got an exciting Christmas program lined up for these folks.
Speaker 2: We've been to a Little Boys this year.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's an artificial tree, so I did artificial job at.
Speaker 2: Trimming timeess is only exceeded by our inability to adjust allow their wrangling. Here the Lapsed Fanboy got a price for the million Dollar Man, even Santa Claus and so no say, it's not so.
Speaker 1: Off.
Speaker 2: We're back and we're we're getting through it. Boss, We're getting through it. I mean, this is what we signed up for. This is what we asked the people to do to us, and they've done.
Speaker 1: It to us that they have. I'm gonna be getting some complain for my family for sure.
Speaker 2: The twenty twenty four Left Christmas Show it is the Unwrappening and uh, we're here with both the Boss Man and Mama Sorrow taking in your generous gifts. And next up what comes to us by way of glen Carbon, Illinois. The homie Steve Grosheim has laced us with Well it's a poster sized gimmick. So that's always your your your thing. Great, let's see what wall hanging.
Speaker 1: Sure, let's see what wallhannging. I'm not gonna put on my wall.
Speaker 2: Wallhangings are JP's thing. I always like to leave them here, and I like.
Speaker 1: To put them in the trash.
Speaker 2: Have him figure out what to do with them.
Speaker 1: Give me the scissors.
Speaker 2: Oh we need the scissors. Ok.
Speaker 1: This is like, come and come on, got to earn it around here. What do you got fucking state secrets in here? Jesus Christ, we.
Speaker 2: Are just blown away, as we are every year by the outpouring, just looking out of all the packages open to date, in the diversity of presents, you know, only here will you find an original BT sport lanyard next to a Michael ps Hayes custom pillow, next to a newspaper from nineteen ninety eight, as well as a WSW hat from nineteen ninety two, and uh, and some kids steak of kidney pudding.
Speaker 1: And a do you say the Tommy Dreamer photo and a.
Speaker 2: Picture of Tommy Dreamer naked except for a ECW title across his crotch. I mean, what the hell you're still struggling to open that thing?
Speaker 1: It's good some kind of weird?
Speaker 2: Uh, in your in your home growing up, Mama sarrow, was the gift wrapping a very important thing? Were you very particular about how it was wrapped? Were you fretful when someone would just tear through the packaging? Would you want them to open carefully and delicately? I was not as specific as my oldest sister.
Speaker 1: Gone there you about Oh, Martha wasn't oh wow, So she was very.
Speaker 2: Particular that she should look at you were like, you don't open it? Save it?
Speaker 1: Yes, save it?
Speaker 2: Yes? Can you imagine? No? Now what we will not be saving this packaging?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what this is. Uh this is actually a good one.
Speaker 2: Oh look at that? What is that? Careful poster board? We unroll it and it is good. The Brawl to Settle It All poster that, of course is Hogan and t v's Piper and Ora Dworf. It was on MTV head of wrestle May this is uh no, this is a reference to WrestleMania one in Madison Square Garden, March thirty first, nineteen eighty five. I was thinking Brawl to Settle at All, cause that was the MTV special. But this is WrestleMania itself. It just doesn't say WrestleMania on it. Is this an original?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Let's find out, uh, dearest co chairs. First things, First, look at this m motherfucker with a handwritten letter in twenty twenty four. Oh, we love it, so many of them? Give us more hashtag blessed. Indeed, well, Merry Christmas, you jolly sons of bitches. And I hope you can read my chicken scratch?
Speaker 2: What that is? No chicken scratch?
Speaker 1: Hand?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you never taught them what chicken scratch means. No, you allow chicken scratch? I say so, why would you know? Right?
Speaker 1: I hope you read this before fully opening the package. Whoops. I thought sending a separate letter would be confusing. So it is what it is. There is a bit of a story behind this. I first saw this on eBay ages ago and wanted it for its historical relevance and let's be honest, it's a pretty bad ass, but it was always out of my reach. This past May, I happened to be on there searching for vintage wrestling posters because I'm a fucking dork, and lo and behold, there it is, and for a price I could tolerate I snapped it up. The week goes by ten days. I have a tracking number, but no post. Oh no I contact the seller. Have I been had? It? All did seem too good to be true? To my relief, he was a sweetheart of a guy named Alan from New Jersey. Don't worry about it, you know I have another one. I'll send it tomorrow. You're sorry for the trouble.
Speaker 2: I'm printing him off anyway, It's not even real.
Speaker 1: Another one turns out Old Allen was part of a street team responsible for placing posters in bars, restaurants, et cetera to promote closed circuit showings of Russell Mania.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: You may now open your gifts? Well we did, sorry.
Speaker 2: Pal, and it's a Hogan picture from you know, the Blassie days when we.
Speaker 1: Had a cap on. Old Alan went on to say that he had several more of these bad boys. I thanked him and my poster arrived a week later, and I didn't give much thought to any of it until I listened to some of the Philly WrestleMania con context, contest content content, and I believe the I from the Allentown bar had one of these hanging up.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know I've seen this before and that's where it is. Yeah, it's the Ringer's roost. I visited him before WrestleMania. It's a barn restaurant that was right next to where WWF would tape its television show for years in Pennsylvania. So we were talking about the old days. And he has a dining room full of frame pictures of him and the wrestlers over the years, and this was one of them.
Speaker 1: Yep, I do remember that based on a picture on the x account. Fast forward to three months later, a package arrived at my home, this very package. In fact, I had to rack my brain. Did I order something in a drunken stupor? Who sent this?
Speaker 2: Ah almasara like that?
Speaker 1: One sounds fake, vaguely familiar. Oh shit. I pulled eBay back up and sure enough, tracking from May is updated to delivered that day in August. I want you to know I did the right thing. Alan said I could keep it. I offered to send it back. This is something to just give away. This is not something to just give away. I pleaded, Hey, if you paid for with the that's good enough for me.
Speaker 2: Why what a Christmas story?
Speaker 1: This? Yes, indeed, Consider this my way, brother, Consider this my way to pay it forward from an OG wrestling fan to another and now on to you. If nothing else, you can look upon this poster in a corner of the house where you don't allow the good company to go and remember that despite all the bullshit, there are still good kind people in this world, even wrestling.
Speaker 2: Fans from New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Yes, I seriously hope you, I hope point of you can enjoy this. Consider it a small token of my appreciation for all all the all the work you do week after week after damn week. Thank you for laps Jesse, thank you for hul comania, and thank you for tongue tongue fucking my gaping sewage spot spout, coating my loins with hot ropes of rassland knowledge, and leaving me spent just me and my slim gym until the next time you wish to violate my ears and ass Merry Christmas a tool belt for Daddy aka Stephen Saint Louis any chance of a slim jimswa sweaty beef teacher to sun out by the first one? What did he want, slim Jim teacher? Yeah, Slimjym sweaty beef. We made that one, right, we made big, big fucking beef. You uh no, I mean maybe I don't know. I mean, but I'm like, you know, I'm not like in everyday contact with him.
Speaker 2: Well why do you ask? Well, I'm just curious. Now, did we have listeners? Did you meet them? And I know you went a couple of special live wrestling matches and.
Speaker 1: But for sure we're referring to the gaping sewage spouders up because you have any questions about the end.
Speaker 2: There kind of strange references there. So it Yah, it was interesting about the poster.
Speaker 1: Yes, but then his language why blackened? Its racist?
Speaker 2: In my face? Well, I can't. This is just going very well, there's more back just open folks. You know the score.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: TLF Christmas Show, The Unwrapping twenty twenty four continues to unfold before your very eyes this holiday season. We'll see you next time. There's a production of the LAPS Entertainment Group.
Speaker 1: Its content is intended for private use only.
Speaker 2: Truly sorry, sorry, we want