Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by the guests of Sasquatch Experience do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the host, sponsors, or affiliates of the Sasquatch Experience. As always, listener discretion is advised.
Speaker 2: We got someone or something growing around out here?
Speaker 3: Does a legend walk among us working in the forests of our world?
Speaker 4: Did you see what it was?
Speaker 2: Was it a person or an animal? Or I can't go? Oh, I know it's that my thunder light came on and I just happened to glen and see this thing running across the yard. A good fight man or nothing works like a man.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: For over fifteen years, we've talked with scientists, researchers, investigators, and witnesses trying to gain insight and proof around the existence of this mysterious entity.
Speaker 2: Jesus quite big, Carol Pel, Hello, get somebody out here. What's going to announce? There's got to revention about six four nine?
Speaker 5: I don't know, easy announce there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm working right away. Oh, okay, hand on her, Yeah, got you're big?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's he doing in your yard?
Speaker 6: We're gonna do you.
Speaker 3: Join us? As we continue into the investigation of the Sasquatch Experience. I always like that with Henry May there at the end. It makes me Henry's alce special. They're good evening, folks, Welcome to The Sasquatch Experience. Monday, October fourteenth, twenty twenty four. I'm your host, Seawn the Fort chop Forker, joined with Henry May, Matt Arner, James Baker, and our guest tonight, Tactical Mike. Mike Ann from Tactical Bigfoot Research, longtime friend of the show, former guest, and I figured it's just time to catch up, gentlemen, is what it was. I wanted a nice light show tonight, and nobody makes me happier most times than Mike, and so we're glad to have them on the show tonight. I mean, Matt, I mean, just to catch folks up. We did post the report from this hour, our research, our latest research endeavor. I have not got the photos uploaded yet. I'm sorry, folks. It's been a little challenging to try to get them in a way that makes sense. And I like the pictures to tell the story, and so that's what's taking so long. And then also Matt, if I can get the scan of the three D print, we might be able to put that up there too, if that's possible. So just things that we're working on here to get that up there. But they did get the initial report that was written by you, edited by me, nothing for context. Everything was included the way it was supposed to be, just how Matt and I like to do things. He writes it formally and I just posted and clean it up. So that's where we're at with that. Matt what he got to follow up on from their trip there over the weekend.
Speaker 6: So I actually went back out there and I took the one snowmobile trail, the one that was to the west, and hiked that in probably about two and a half miles.
Speaker 7: Got some video.
Speaker 6: Hopefully we'll I'll send it to you and we'll put it up on the Patreon found So the interesting part about that, I didn't see any further prints. But one thing I did see was that there was a ton of bear scat uh that was right along the roadway. And it was funny because when you when you see when I finally put the video together, it actually was going in the opposite direction. I was so as I passed by the first one. I mean it was literally not to make this route, but I mean it was steaming, and uh oh this one, this one definitely was. But as I walked further along the trail, you can tell, like, you know, it had been there. Uh the other ones I found had been there for for a little bit. But I found coyote tracks, I found, you know, obviously the bear sign. I did not see a lot of deer sign up there. I did put a camera up there, and uh, you know, we'll go back in a couple of weeks and and check on that. The forest through that area was as you went back a little farther, it was probably logged out within the last i'd say five to seven years, so they have the regrowth going. So it's a very young force. There's not a lot of there's not a lot of you know, mature hardwoods back through that area. But again, I was just along the road in to each side of me, you know, to the to the north and to the south, we're probably you know, a couple miles each way. Well, definitely to the to the west, we're looking at something like at least fifteen to twenty miles to the to where the one highway is one fifty five and then to the east, you know, maybe about four or five miles to age seventy two. So if I if I were to go one way or the other and get through where they where they did those the logging operations, I probably would get into mature hardwoods. The other thing too, is it's extremely thick getting through there, So even for an experienced person like myself, you know, it would be an all day endeavor just to get down into into some of those hollows out there. So definitely an interesting spot. And you know, well I'll definitely be up there quite a few times and you know, until the end of the year.
Speaker 7: So good spots, so do youth.
Speaker 5: So do you think that the less dear and more bear sightings is her sign? Is maybe have anything to do with the seasons, because I know that, like my fiance works in an old folks home and there's like six years that hang out there.
Speaker 4: But when the win, when it starts to become fall, we get.
Speaker 5: Like twenty seven of them because they start impacting out of the hunting areas into oh old people have you know, like you know.
Speaker 6: The pressure, human pressure does put a lot of into it. But up there there's no human pressure. It's very very few. I ran into one other hunter and he was he was literally two hundred yards from the parking lot, so uh, you know, I I got in pretty deep. And those two don't you know, if they were up there, they wouldn't you know, they're skittish anyway, so they're not gonna, you know, come up to us like they wouldn't hear in the Poconos. But generally in the fall, though, what happens is you start the running season you had in the early fall, late summer, early fall, you get what we call bachelor groups of buck. So you're gonna get you're gonna see And I had these on my on my trailt cameras all throughout August where you have you know, maybe four or five buck, you know, male deer that are going to run together. And then as the cold starts going, as the hormone start going and they start getting like that big testosterone, then they start spreading out the doze. On the other hand, they'll they'll come more together and uh and basically form a herd. So uh so that's probably what they may be seeing there. You're not going to see a lot of buck unless it's a at least for now, it's going to be mature, uh, you know, alpha buck. That's gonna be with those with those does. But you know, like I said, yes, no, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Matt, finish that thought because I was going to jump another Mike. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And and the one thing, the one thing is too, is that regardless of the rut going on right now, it's the start of the rut. You know, our witness had said he he hasn't seen these deer, he hasn't seen the turkey, He hasn't seen the elk you know, come through there.
Speaker 7: Every year.
Speaker 6: You know, he basically kept track of Hey, you know in October, I'm gonna see a lot of deertown by the apple tree. I'm gonna see elk out here by the field. Turkey say they come down in the morning. He's not seeing anything there, right. So the fact that we do have some predators out there, you know.
Speaker 3: We have something out there. Yeah, And I what was fascinating about it is we were up at twenty two hundred feet Mike. And this is what you know, I really wanted to, you know, chat you up with because you've been out to that area with us generally, not this area specifically, but in a roundabout How far is that area they we had them from this.
Speaker 6: You know, the two areas are probably maybe ten miles apart, fifteen miles apart. And it's just that, Mike, if you remember there, that little two lane road that you know, the highway where this is on the far side of the highway. You know, this was on the same side that we were on we were out with Alex.
Speaker 7: I've already done it. I have already muted myself and yeah, yeah, that little two lane Yeah, dive down that road to the camp site. Yes, I remember this, I know very well. Yes, you know, five miles an hour to fifty five miles an hour.
Speaker 3: Right. So what was interesting, Mike, is this guy told us we're up at twenty two hundred elevation. He's seeing nothing up there. He told us, whatever is up there has driven them down to the lower elevation. As soon as we hit fourteen hundred feet elevation. What did we see, Matt, Deers out the ass. I mean, we had deers, a group of almost twenty deers in somebody's yard, Elk turkeys. We saw a couple of turkeys yeah, all that wildlife that was absent from that twenty two hundred feet out exactly where this guy told us it was. And I found that to be pretty I think that's what kind of got me in the mode for the week on that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in the night and the night we were up there, I mean we ended up up there with you guys there in the spring, and it was I mean it was snowing that day, so, I mean, and they were stool deer moving around. We still had other stuff. You guys had olk and everything, and god knows what I had coming through, you know when I got up there. But you know, when you say ten miles, folks, it's ten miles to the nearest gas station, and it takes you over an hour and a half to get to that ten miles because you know, as the crow flies, it's ten miles, it's not the roadway is ten miles. You know. When you guys told me, I'm like, yeah, it's it's like three hours from my house. It was forty five minutes to get to the top of the mountain. After we got there. You know, it's absolutely the craziest you know, era, I mean, it's when you talk about you know the northeast and you know, I just got back from the Adronics and I mean there's more more pop The population was more up there than what you have in that area that I saw, you know, going through that area was just it's crazy. I mean it's it's a twilight zone up there.
Speaker 6: And and when you guys and when you guys came through there.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: The one thing I went to especially put through the alex is that was like the big weekend because that was opening day of Trouse season and so all the camps, you know, most of the camps had people in them, and you know, we're going through there, and you know, it was it was a shock to hear one car going past us, you know, and you know, otherwise, you know, everyone's kind of either at their camp or you know, it really, like I said, even with a large influx of people, it's not a large influx of people like you would think going out to the Adironics are going to the Poconos in the fall. Here it's you know, we're talking. We just had you know, thirty forty thousand people in jim Thorpe this weekend up there. You were lucky if you had you know, I don't know, maybe two thousand people between between two counties, you know, in that particular area.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it was closer for me to get gas to go back into New York than I'll just at something in that area. And but man, beautiful, and I'm still I'm still kicking myself. I downloaded my drone and for some reason it the photos didn't drop transfer over. There's still locked on my drone. Oh no, you have to figure out all the drones I have at work and everything like that and transfer files. No problem, This stuff is locked in the cash on the drone. And just to be able to the video I have that's still on that drone is absolutely amazing, and I have to figure ot how I'm going to get off.
Speaker 2: So well, it's the.
Speaker 4: Way to do that.
Speaker 5: You take you take the drone. You make sure it's pointing at you proper. You grab a toaster, toaster and part in front of it. Okay, then you pick up a screwdriver and go give.
Speaker 4: Me the footage.
Speaker 5: Everybody's done. Technical stuff will work for you.
Speaker 3: You know here, I really thought he had a solution for the problem.
Speaker 7: I knew where we were going. Yeah, I knew where we were going.
Speaker 3: I try once, didn't work until.
Speaker 4: I showed it the screwdriver and he didn't work.
Speaker 7: He didn't work for the geek squad, did there?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 3: Now, I tell you what, guys, this is what we deal with every couple of weeks. But it's a good crew. So Mike, I mean the area up there, we got to get you back up. Some interesting things happening. But what's happening in your neck of the woods since we've talked last, But out in the field, if you'd gotten any new sighting report, so what have you been up to?
Speaker 7: So you know, we ran into you guys quick Pennsylvania at Eric Altman's PA Bigfoot Camping Adventure. Met some great folks down there, some some new folks to the field. I know there's a couple of them listening tonight. We uh kind of went over some things, uh some sound stuff and this the sounds with folks, getting them interested, and I found a whole new sound database. You know, are I'm gonna I'm gonna do some selfish plugs. But the guys over at Foxbro gave me this great little squatch collar and I've been using it everywhere for my demos. So if you guys that saw it. But Foxbro has a great sound it's actually the Squatch set up. It's the Squatch Pro from Foxboro. But they've got a great sound library. So everybody that's been talking for years about what's hearing in the woods like that over and that's a new sound area. You know. I've pushed you know, some of the other sound apps like I Hunt calls and everything like that. But and that's great for your phone. It's just the fox Pro guys have really got a nice set of organic sounds stuff that's live from the field and pre programming. So if you're doing that kind of stuff, and they got some big foot stuff and the guys joke about it, and we you know, got to talk to them quite a bit when we were down there about some sound stuff. So new tech for me. Hey, Seth, that's up brother. You know it using that added another piece of tech too, Like I said, going to sounds again, Bake, I think you and Sean. I showed you this this bird weather puck another thing that I started using the week before we went down on it to Eric's event. It has two audio recorders built in sound and pressure. But the nice thing about it is there is a whole network worldwide with these things, and if they're live and they're public, you can go and look and see what they're listening. So it's not only birds. Assuming was originally this is you know, you guys know I've been pushing Merlin and you know bird dot net for years. This is that AI technology on steroids. It runs. I don't have to run off my phone. I can run on my computer and I can go pull my particular unit or other YouTube channels that are watching like all the bird the nesting things, you know, like you'd have cameraund like the big guy behind me or something like that, those sounds they're checking the AI and my particular unit I got a hold of the owner of the company and it's set up to look for woles and big cat kais dogs engine sounds. So now if we go up to the top of the mountain and it's got GPS, I can set that up there and let it record the entire time, and it's doing AI processing of those sounds that are out there. So now you know all the the owl sounds that we've heard for years and some of the other stuff. It'll give me the barometric pressure it'll give me the time stamp. It'll give me the audio so we can look visually and and and listen to it. And if there's other stuff in the background, you can hear that engine noise, that car coming through that overlap. You know, I'm still gonna run a regular recorder, but this thing is giving me a stamp so I can see those other things that are there. So like if i'm you guys know I'm running, we're in my hearing is If I don't have those in, you know, I miss some of those lower tones. All those wonderful years of diving and shooting, My brains aren't great anymore. Uh, And Christy, I know you're in the audience, and please don't feed on me too bad, my co host. You know.
Speaker 8: So, so does that run, whether it's connected the net or not.
Speaker 7: Is not independent, So it's got its own SD card and it is running, and as soon as it gets back on the Wi Fi, it uploads. But technology you.
Speaker 5: Were saying, like barometric pressures and things like that, I didn't know if it picked that off the web or if it picked it off because a lot of times we're in areas where there is no signal.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's sensors in here, but it well, yeah, you know that's one thing. Technology is a wonderful thing, folks, big thing I've been pushing. You know, you guys are asking me what I want to pushing the first aid, pushing the technology, haling that satellite communication device. When I did go up to this location that that Shawn and Matt are talking about, uh, they told me, yeah, we got great signal at the campsite.
Speaker 9: Mm hmm.
Speaker 7: And from the time I turned off the road till I don't know what it was about eighth of a mile. Well, yeah, no, I don't thin here in Banjos. It was either off the cliff or whatever. But I ended up having to use my my Fi, my mobile hotspot so I could transmit to Matt. And actually we're using Facebook to message. I couldn't even get the cell signal. I think I actually set a text message, you know, to some friends and family like if I don't come back from this, I do have my camping gear, and you know, I'm trying to text Alex and everybody else and They're like, we got a big fire. You could see us from the road, and I'm like, nope, nope, nope, but having that, I tear that technology with me so I can upload. I bought a micro computer so I can look at these things like the micro computers and Windows eleven computer no bigger than my phone, so I can look at all that data while I'm in the field. So technology has really become a big thing for getting that information out there. So it's it's one of those rock and things to make sure getting there. And technic, yeah, I have lots of technical difficulty difficulties. I can't talk half the time, but you guys know that. So so that's where run uh after p A ended up going up to Whitehall. And just before I went up to Whitehall, you know, we've talked about, you know, talking to witnesses and doing the paint sample thing, and Matt, you and I have talked about using it for law enforcement and everything. Wow, I've been so slow on these things, and there's a brand new project coming along. But as I got ready to go to Whitehall and I'm searching for stuff, now, I went and got wig hair samples, so now I can have the witness actually build the hair up. Well. Calls ended up wearing this at White Hall for a little bit, you know, put it over. But the other thing can it was it was like hearing you know, he's kind of wearing the back of his hat, you like a rat tail. You know, we're not gonna get into it, but uh, if you're talking to witnesses, you know, you again, like we said, go to the box store and get your paint sampled, you know, get your paint sample chart or your paint sample. But the other thing you can do is you can send somebody to the local box store or the local grocery store and if they're gonna go get their hair dye, you can find out what brand and what color hair dye it is. And most of that stuff again is going to be industry standard wise or niche and wide. You're gonna have that same color. So sending somebody out and the hair using the hair samples instead of the color charts, you know, they're they're actually seeing a physical hair. It's not just that color. So like these are all marked for different colors for picking these wigs out for this brand, So the same thing going to pull out and look at you know, Clail or Lorel's hair, hair colors or something like that. Or if you got a friend as a mutician that might have one of these you know wig sample things running around. If you're out talking to witnesses, it's great, and you know, that kind of came into Whitehall. I ended up talking to a witness who's a veterinarian that had another biologist in car, and they said, you know, we're out there, we saw everything. You know, I could see the gentleman was physically shaken. They had another family member that kind of pushed him up to tell his story, but that was out of Vermont, so I kind of referred him to Alex and Steve just because they're over into New Hampshire and you know, or eastern New York side. You know. So collecting the data has really begun a big push, and because of that, I reached out to Scott at Bigfoot Mapping Project and Scott is now going to add another layer to his questionnaire where you'll actually be able to go in and click on the hair colors. So we're just kind of developing that section of his website so you'll be able to go and put the put your sighting in and click on something. Because when we all look at colors, when we look at it different depends on our monitor settings or if we have a visual impairment, we're all gonna see colors different. So we're gonna see those browns different, those reds different. But having the ability for somebody to go in and say, hey, on my computer, in my you know, a friend person and we're doing things, we can go ahead and click on that. So in that witness sighting, it's no longer going to be just it was red or it was black, or it was you know, a cinnamon. And Pat, who's in the audience, we got to thank him. Pat was the first witness I talked to. He's the guy, first person I sent to to go get this. I mean, you got carried in there too. We're gonna give her another shout out. She is the first person to three D scan. So this whole thing about the three D scan. She called me one day and said, I don't have any casting material. I'm in you know, Massachusetts, I'm in the woods. I'm not near a hardware store. She's the first person I told the download the app and go ahead and three D scan. So that was the first scan.
Speaker 3: Was out there and Mike, that's what we had to do. We were caught with our pants down and no casting materials, and so we're like, you know what, let's three D scan this bitch. Let's go.
Speaker 7: And we did it, you know, and it's the networking, you know, finding the trackway Bill when we were at Monsterfest together. You know, I've been using a couple of different scanning things, Polycam and some of the others, and you got it care you know. He Bill shows up and he's got wide R on his phone and I hadn't used that app. I tell folks all the time depends on your phone. Go find a new app and communicate with everybody you're with that wide our app. I stood there as Eric sat there with his cast and I was able to freak hand it not putting it down. And the pictures we got. I watched him walk over and Dave Wickham had some stuff he three D scanned, nos, we did a whole bunch of other things, and they were just down in an area where Joe Schneider who passed away last year and went up on his anniversary. They got some scans. They're probably human footprints, but man, that's the scans using that wide ARC or absolutely amazing. So again, sharing that data is so so important. So yeah, we got up in the d around CKX, you know, looked around for a little bit, got to talk to some great witnesses about some stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: It's it's been a kind of a move around lately, and it's trying to put our friends together and collect data the best we can. You know, I talked to Darby Orcut from North Carolina State just before I got on the call with you guys. That information will be coming out soon. His his web hosting person or to server and everything. It was in you know, western North Carolina, so you know, prayers all those folks down there. He directly wasn't involved, but some of his tech was. So you know, our folks that are out there hunting in that area. You know, it's reaching out to those those folks that are that are friends that are they're there. So I mean just want to put a little quick shout out. You know, if you have bigfoot friends in this field, you know, and they know you're they're you know, kind of help them out a little bit. I mean that's kind of where things have been so well.
Speaker 3: You know, when it comes to networking, out if anybody does it better than you, Mike, and I'm not saying that because you're a guest. I'm saying it because I you know, I believe that firmly. You really do connect people and you connect resources quicker than anybody I know.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And it really been a true kind of God send to Matt and I as we've really been putting some of this research endeavors together. So thank you for that.
Speaker 7: Well, I appreciate you guys, you know. And you know the other thing I really been pushing with this this bigfoot thing, and it is the benefits of big footing. It's the friends we make, the folks that we meet across and when when stuff really falls apart, you know, it's those folks we go to. You know, Matt and I work in a field that occasionally we need to talk to somebody and we need to talk and do things outside of work.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: I know there's a lot of people watching tonight that I've reached out to at different times that you know, and explain it. This is your way of getting out and you know, escaping your day to day. But you know, it's how I keep my skills up for work, you know. And I'm looking at the audience here right now, at least who I'm seeing who's comment in the chat. You know, we've got folks right now just pop down from the South Pacific, you know, and you guys should be talking to them soon. You know, Lisa and Juliet from down there in the South Pacific doing their investigations. Jen's on there, you know, in her connection and introducing me to Joe and Carrie, and Christie's on here. You know, it's we go through life, Paul that's on there. You know, Bigfoot got us out, got us healthy, got us hiking again. You know, it's it's one of those things that the topic is there for you guys that have had your witness sightings. You know, that's why I keep doing it, trying to find an answer to what you guys saw and if we can collect that data, that's that's the most amount of things. Natalie, it's in there from Florida. I mean, she found out firsthand. The community is there and we can we can help all of us together and stuff. You know, I'm going to give a shout out to people I know, because it's everybody I talk to on a daily basis that you guys to get spammed with all the memes that we get at three o'clock in the morning because I'm older. But the technology, you know, it's there, and if we can share that technology, we can you know, we can get stuff to pop through. Let's see see a little message in there. Patty's got some other sightings over there. And again where we're going, you know, for me to go to eastern New York to the ada Arondecks, the Hudson Valley and see those guys over there, come four hours down and see you guys.
Speaker 3: We have to ask this question from our our buddy. So shed some context on this for the listen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, let me get some apple cider here. And so I had the privilege during the pandemic to join Seth and Alex and the small Town Monsters Crew and Mark in the ad Aronducks to film on the trail of the Journey. And about four days before we got ready to leave, I found out I had a kidney stone, and not only one kidney stone, I had two kidney stones. So it gets better. So we go through, we're filming and Alex decides we're climbing a mountain. So I'm climbing a mountain and I am dying and I can't figure out. I'm like, I've had stones before. I'm not it's you know, we're gonna get through this or whatever and be able to try to pass the stone on the trail. And that didn't go so well. Well, come to find out, not only do I have the two kidney stones, but I had three hernias. Oh gos, So I'm tracking and you guys have been in the woods with Alex and these guys, you know, and he's like a mountain goat up the freaking mountain. Everybody else is up there. I got a freaking you know, fire sale going because my entire backpack popped open and I got stuff just falling, and I'm just dying. And Seth has a beautiful photo where, you know in video section where you know it's just like, you know, there's nothing like a pandemic to be the worst shape of your life. And he pans, and I don't think he knew at the time, but there's my overweight body at the time, trudging up this hill. And we get done with this hike. Yeah, we get done with this hike. And we go to dinner and he goes to his favorite burger joint, and what do I order I ordered chicken because I'm trying to be healthy myself and Andy Maski both ended up like food poisoning from the chicken. It was just the craziest. So my man, you know, he gave me a privilege of going there and getting to the top of Hadley Mountain and looking out and that view from Hadley is absolutely amazing. And you know, I made sure when I came back from Whitehall, which is a tough White Holl's a tough one for me because last year I lost my mom. As I was leaving for Whitehall. I I got the message she was in the hostle. And at that same time, we had Joe Schneider, who I've been out with up here doing uh you know that I met at Whitehall and Joe was he was diagnosed with answer two weeks after the last time I talked to my mom was go house and it was still on his still telling me he saw something. And I actually went with his wife the other day to scatter. So again, the connections we have in this community is there. Yeah, Christie, You're right, And yeah, I stopped in the middle of the filming to come off the mountain to do our show and to go back up to the mountain with Steve and those guys, and it's again, you know, well I'm just gonna truck through if if I got to be there. But yeah, that I passed the two stones, got the hernie us back and get back in the woods.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: And it's it's it's one of those things, you know, it's it's just crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a story, man, It's it's it's there.
Speaker 7: It just seems like every time I'm with those guys, it's like, oh God, what next, you know, m hm. But yeah, you know, it's it's it's crazy. But again, no here for state folks know you're who to call and know where you in years hospital is. I mean, it's it's all you know how to cook when you're in the woods.
Speaker 3: It's become a big thing, Mike, and I know it's uh, the passion on that has grown tremendously, especially from you and Matt and our buddy Larry Beans Baxter. You know, we're putting together a little thing for the listeners eventually at some point the residual this year for safety and I think we need to spend more time not just the scary bigfoot stories that everybody wants to hear about when they listen to a podcast, but the real inherent dangers and the real what you need to do in case of stories or situations when when they happen, Like we want folks to be prepared, Mike, when they're out in the woods preparing to take on some of these endeavors. It seems easy in theory, right.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean the thing is, I've got stuff spread all over like I always do because I'm not in my studio, moved into the spare rooms to the dog can be running around. But you know your first aid kit has everything you need to go ahead and start your your stuff. I mean, you know me, guys, I always come prepared with something. But you know in your first aid kit you've got your gloves, You've got a mask, probably, you've got your tweezers. You know those things that you need to start your your collection stuff is already in your first aid kit. You know, you guys have seen me in past shows talk about the flat evidence flags. Matt's talked about evidence flags and how we collect things. You have your tongue depressure in there that you're gonna be able to use to turn around and support yourself. But you can take the white tape medical tape in there and make little evidence flags to mark out that evidence. You're gonna need the pair acord, so put the pair of cord in there. It's cordage that you're gonna need to tie stuff up. It's gonna allow you to do that circle search, to get out there and keep moving that stuff around. So that first aid kit, it's it's already there. You're already gonna you know, as Elton Brown's Food Network says, you don't want a unit tasker. You want stuff that's going to help you when you're out there, you know. And that's yours of doing that search and recovery stuff from working underwater and like, hey, here we put a name on a rock, throw it in the lake and go find it, you know. And I still to this day, I don't know how the instructors got us to do it, but go out and do circle search patterns underwater and zero visibility, and here's the rock, you know, with your smiley face on it. You know, it's it's the craziest thing is to go.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I can't stress the importance of being prepared enough. And usually what happens when you run into an incident. Yeah, when you aren't prepared, yes.
Speaker 7: Right, I mean little things like well like me like popping my camera, you know, having a tracking guide or having you know I had the other one up here. Yeah it is, you know, the trees and the plant ones. You know, of course I'm green screen in, so let me do it in your friend. You know no one what plants are out there if you need to eat. You know enough friends over their years that have been on naked and fraid and stuff. And you guys know I hang out with that crow of wonderful folks.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna die if I have to eat in the woods. I am so mad at a plant identification. Even when I try, Mike, I'm just awful with it. You could just kick me in the head as I get close to that mushroom fork.
Speaker 5: No boom, I find that one mushroom that will feed me for the rest of my life.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, I mean, yeah eight there. You know, I got my thousand calories in. But you know, you know there's I think there's a great uh survivor man with lester out eating like one of the I think it was like a beach nutt and on a beach nut, but it's a beetlenut or something like that. And next you know, he's puking and hallucinating, and I'm like, oh, that's what I want in the woods, you know. You know, I have a friend that spent twenty two days, you know, in the Ecuadorian jungle because he got separated from his military unit, you know, and listening to him talk about surviving, you know, in the Amazon, you know, with botflies, eating stuff, you know, crunching on his head while he's in the woods, and Ray's story is awesome because you guys want to talk about Mopingwari and stuff like that. He and the guys in his unit had a mapping Guary sighting and I've talked to those guys, but you know, being able to survive Mopingary the South American Bigfoot. Oh so they had they had a run in in South America, you know, years ago. So I've talked to three people from the unit and they've all confirmed their story and everything like that.
Speaker 3: So Mike gets around folks, he gets the stories, he shares the infl with us. He does. We got a couple of sightings, Mike, I'm trying to right now. I did a presentation last week and a little presentation in Katawissa, Pennsylvania, in Colombia County where we've had some activity in the past, and one of the guys in the audience was a state trooper, but he wouldn't get up and share his story. In fact, it was put together by the magistrate magistrate judge who asked me to come and speak at this event because he liked my presentation and at Gwen's event and Ilisburg, so I said, yeah, I'll come out and do it. And he was hoping the guy would come up and tell his story. He didn't tell his story, so we're still trying to get him. And what I'm thinking is if he may not want to tell it in a large group setting, but if I got maybe you and Matt around, he might be a little bit more comfortable, like, Hey, these guys are legit and what they do. You know, they may take me a little bit more seriously. So that's where you know, folks, Again, I'll go off in a tangent. Having people of various backgrounds in your research network really help. It makes a big difference. Some people are just comfortable talking to people of similar backgrounds. It just it happens, especially when you into the professional the professional fields, right.
Speaker 7: You know, you guys are making a point there is that people from all different backgrounds are so important for this field. You know, we've had you know a lot of conversations offline and stuff like that, and at different conferences and we're dinner and stuff, and that artist is going to show us the panetones. They're going to be able to tell you the color, the hair flow. You're going to talk to again, the beautician is going to be able to say, well, it was a fine here, it was a kinky hair. That's what I want to hear. I want to talk to that newspaper person or that that sanitation worker at three o'clock in the morning that's out because they know it's there. That cop going for his don't it at four o'clock in the morning, because that's the only thing that's still open. You know, they're seeing something. But everybody has something to give to us.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: I want to learn electronics. I'm going to go find somebody with an engineering or like tronics background, because I can think about it, I can't build it. I can't you know, I'm want to find somebody that's going to help me put that technology together. Is it, you know, streaming a thermal camera for twenty four to seven which I have figured out how to do that now, or get that data and share that data. You know, that's the most important thing. Finding somebody like Scott with Bigfoot mapping that that does gis for a living, so it puts a map together. We have a map together. I mean, I've used that Bigfoot mapping project where Google Earth hasn't worked. You know, That's that's where it's got to be. Where we got to go.
Speaker 3: So well, and that network's growing and I have, you know, not to put a teaser out there for folks, but I've got a first round of info from a specialist who works in the intelligence field about some of the preliminary data we've sent him. So I'm excited to see what this is going to entail and where we move on from a stack one. And I'm sure you'll be really interested in it as well, Mike. We'll put together a conference call later on and go over it. There's some interesting things there. We don't want to put it all out there because like I said, every week we do a show we put the Master's class to had a hoax out there, you know, folks listening, and it's just collateral damage to what we do. Wanted to go out and talk about Bigfoot, you know, every time we talk about it, we make it easier for folks to go out and try to pull the wolves over us. However, you know, the situations some of us are getting really good when the bullshit detectors are pretty high.
Speaker 7: The thing is, you guys have been around a lot longer than I have on this, you know, and you guys have seen and I know there's a lot of new folks listening tonight, is you guys have seen the videos and the pictures that have been around for years that do that seven year cycle, you know. And now we're going to add AI on things, and you know what is that doing. All that is doing is going out and data mining, you know, that information that's already out there. And so yeah, we're going to start seeing a lot of that thing that's there. And you know, the YouTube channels are kind of cut back a little bit, you know, since the pandemic and everybody's gone back to work, but there's still that recycle with you know, the moderetization on TikTok and some of the other things to get those hits. But folks got to come to you guys, you know, Bay, Henry and and and Sean that you guys have been looking at the stuff a long time. You know, it's reaching out the colzy because the guys that you guys have been around for a long time being a member in Estra and talking to those old members and stuff like that. I got it with Davidcalla there Whitehall and yeah, but you know those are the guys I got to go out in the woods first. You know, folks have been doing it for a very long time, you know, and it's there's the new stuff is out there, the technology is there. But you guys are my you know, my go to when I need things, you know, and you know, if I need news articles or something, I'm going to the Sassy and near Carrie to because she's got her background, you know as a library and you know he knows how to search that data where you know, I can break things.
Speaker 3: Like I said, oh, it's amazing some of the recall though I was with Stan Gordon a couple of weekends ago now and we're sitting around shooting the shed, having a conversation about some things and just stops before you got that half right, and then he starts going into the story again like he can instant recall in his mind that like Henry Ken, just an instant recall of the that report, of that story, and he just and folks, I don't mind getting the record set straight for me by Stan Gordon. That's a privilege.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm getting to hang out with Stan Gordon all weekend. And he told me I'm wrong. I'm gonna love every minute of it, uh, because because it's important, you know, it's it's important to be right in those situations. And you know, he shed more actually in that conversation, he shed more light on the one report than I ever actually knew uh beforehand. And then ironically, as I'm doing that report in Katawissa, I talked to another person who was involved in the same damn sighting, so you can talk about that activity and how it happens. It's so bizarre.
Speaker 7: That's I want to see Sean, Henry, Stan and Paul Bartholomew together and.
Speaker 3: That's my brain power for one TV show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I've been in I've been you know I've been in the presence of two of them, Henry, you and I haven't been able to sit in the same room yet, but I mean library, you know, I've managed to look at Prince with Stan you know, live in the field. It's I want to see you guys. You know that's something in you know, the two cops and will grab Larry and we'll sit back and bang her head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, listen, I just bring it all together, that's all. That's what I love. I facilitate these guys, I can. I'm just a fly on the wall then when that happens. But I'll ask questions like I love to get these guys pumped up full of questions. I mean, and we've had some great adventures because of that. And that's what it's about. Somebody asked me last week, like, you've spent thirty years of your life doing this. Why, I just how I just wonder how much less my life would be if I didn't end up in this somehow, Like I've learned so much about people, I've learned so much about the wilderness. I've learned so much about myself and my own capabilities, and it broughts me and connections with, you know, people that I'm glad that I got involved in this research and it's it's been a hell of a ride. And Baker I have to remind him. He's always like, oh, I've been this nearly as long. You realize you've been doing this for almost twenty years now, JB. Yeah, you got to make a decision here. Rather you're going to be a skeptic a believer, you got to share it off the plot.
Speaker 4: Man, I haven't seen anything.
Speaker 5: The problem is that everything I see is second hand. And it's not that I don't believe. I believe in the stories of certain people that link with the evidence. And you know, you made a point about AI and I was watching Star Talk the other day and Neil de Grasse Tyson said, AI is going to get to a point where it's going to be so believable that even the person that believes exactly what they see in here.
Speaker 4: Will not believe it and start doing their own research. So I think AI, it might not be right away, but eventually it's going to burn itself out because people are going to be like, this is so ridiculously perfect, there's no way it's true. And then then read a book, you know what I mean. And that's where I think.
Speaker 8: You know, if you think about it, is like in the eighties and in the eighties to the two thousand, where after the Patti film had gone through and everybody was like making their own movies and whatever.
Speaker 4: The people that believe, the people that like were like, well, I see it.
Speaker 10: This is this has got to be bs you know, started to read about it and started to realize these things, and started to go to OBC and started to go to all these places.
Speaker 4: In a way, bad videos made Bigfoot more popular.
Speaker 5: I mean, we laugh at Jack Link's jerky, but it puts bucks in the seats.
Speaker 3: You know, had that same conversation. Even shows that we might not all find desirable, they get people interested in because of that give them an outlet to feel like they can report because here's the big powers, here's the formula. Without people being involved and people having sightings, there's no Bigfoot. Like we need these sightings to come to us so we can collect the data so we can be more efficient with our time, our energy, our money. None of us are getting funding for this as all comes out of our own pocket. So the better the witness encounter, the more we can actually you know, use that collective data to to be smarter in deployment. And that's what my ultimate goal is right now. Met Mike, You've got you know, partnered with Scott from the Mapping project and you know we're working with our friend that is I think soon to be retiring from the intelligence agencies. Like, it's all about deployment. It's all about getting data so we know, looking at it and so he can put us in the position it says, Okay, Matt, Okay, Sean, Okay, Mike, this is where you need to be based upon what the evidence is telling us now, like you have your greatest opportunity to get a siting or to have some sort of evidence collection at this time. That's that's my total focus right now is collecting this information to get it to people that can do something with it. And Matt, how long have I been on that. I've been on that project for since twenty twelve is when I started that. Yep. He just Mike, you know, just happens to be able to appoint me in direction with people that better at it than I am, And that's what I want. I'm not the smartest guy in the room. I'm good at rubbing elbows with the smartest guys in the room.
Speaker 7: I just know not to shut up. I mean, that's that's my you know, Or is Jens busting my chops of all my Cookies's probably my cookies and camp you know, I don't know if you guys. I baked some of those off in Ohio. And oh and I always in front of calls. I'm always cooking these great oms, makes these omes meals, makes these great sugar and chocolate chip cookies, and bake right in. There's a nice hot when you're out there. Chocolate chip right, Oh yeah, the chocolate chip. And then they got sugar ones too, but yeah, and two of them's perfect to open up. So again we go back to the bait thing. You know who you're gonna leave his bait? You know we're gonna you know, are you gonna make it the old pork chopped necklaces, you know, or Chuck's chili.
Speaker 3: When you're out there, Oh, Chuck's chili.
Speaker 7: Yeah again. Things you learn in the woods. You know, a couple of a couple of bottles of sauce of some ground beef, and you got some of up and couple of cans of beans, got some of the best chili, all those seasonings. Again, that out there, you're bringing animals in, You're bringing other squatchers in. You know, a lot better than those pheromones ships that Doug put together years ago.
Speaker 3: From my god, I'll never get that smell out of my nose ever.
Speaker 7: Oh man. We had some from the original Monster quests like four years ago, were up in the Adirondecks and somebody pulled some of those out. I didn't even touch them, and I still had to stink on me for like four hours home when I got out, and it was just, oh, my god, the most disgusting, nasty.
Speaker 3: Yes, I never wanted to touch one because once Eric said, hey, fork or smell this, and I stuck my nose right over the I to this day, I still get a whiff of it. I think it was. Oh, it was awful.
Speaker 7: Alex had some of the new ones. I think he had, like one or two were in Florida one year, and I'm like, okay, was it was bad, but not like those ones have been sitting around for the last you know, twenty years.
Speaker 3: Doctor Bambine's special juice juice sticks or whatever they were chips, the.
Speaker 7: Chips, the chips, orange chips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not a good time, folks, not a good time at all.
Speaker 7: But you know, then again, you know cooking everybody, it's just great. Go ahead. I'm sorry, Yeah, I had I had a quick question.
Speaker 6: Now, what kind of equipment as far as for a recording you use in the field.
Speaker 7: So I'm running the I'm running the puck. I've got to thermal cam two ATM thermal cameras that I run that take still and video. They're kind of working at like the seven to twenty range with the thermal. I got one of the six forty units in a three forty unit. I've also got to.
Speaker 3: What's the cost on the puck?
Speaker 7: Uh, it's like to something and it's I love it because you can it doesn't just have to going to stand. They got a backpack for it, so locks right in the back of the backpack. I've got a couple of Sony small Sony recorders. I had a cassette recorder, but I gave it to Eli and Alex to decipher some some of Paul bar found use the old tapes, but I don't think they could figure out how to use a cassette recorder because you know, they were born before they stopped using them. You know, the rest of us know what they were.
Speaker 3: But that's something that's starting to pop up now. And not to jump off onto a whole other subject as the discussion. We've had this discussion before, but other people are starting to have the discussion. Now, do you think that there's something that analog catches that digital doesn't.
Speaker 7: Is it that? And is it some of the technology. So yeah, going to the old you know, graass sales and see if you can find an old tape recorder because even some of the new stuff has got you know, some you guys would know better working in the tech industry that you know what's out there, but buying a cheap recorder. And I had this talk with with Ron, with Bron moorehead about you know what did they use. I mean that was old tape that they got those recording on. It wasn't digital. You know, even you know, talking with with Tim Shaw, a big paranormal guy. You know, some of the recorders that he has or some of those old Sony's and stuff like that, you know that are coveted because they don't have the filters that are on there when you get some of the good you know, new you know, digital recorders. They're there to pick up our voices and not all the other things except for cicadas. They will filter cicadas, you know, it's the only thing I think they filter. But yeah, I mean throwing a good old fashioned memorys tape like you were making an eighties you know, high school tape or whatever, you know, your your party mix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 7: That's just it. You've got it. I mean it's probably gonna be like if you're rerecording over and over again like your VHS tapes. But again, what are you picking up on? That is? And I still live. Listen where I'm putting a recorder in, I'm running. I have two of the small Sony speakers that go out either side of my recorder, and then I'll run my headsets, not so much now that I'm wearing usually wearing my hearing like heavy duty hearing aids I bought, like hunting ones or something like that. Jen's right, the kiss kiss methods. Keeping stupid is the way to go. So do you think some.
Speaker 4: Of it has to do with the wave form that it records on. I mean, digital is the square wave compared to just a wave for analog.
Speaker 5: And I always thought when they condensed the wave, it always you always lose.
Speaker 4: Some signal, Like, for instance, MP three's are great, CD's okay, A cassette's pretty good. But if you hear it on a record a lot of times, that record has the best possible sound, then all three of them put together because of just the way that it produces the sound.
Speaker 7: You're gonna make me spend money. Christen's sister just came out with their fortieth anniversary is Stay Hungry on vinyl. I might have to go find a you know, I know it's completely off topic, but like three times today I've seen that record come back up again, and I'm like, that was the first cassette I ever bought because.
Speaker 10: You're mentioned in front of Alexa, didn't you.
Speaker 7: No, No, I happen to like it, and those guys liked it back today. But but again you're right, I mean, is that the way to go, getting an old phonograph and putting that old cylinder out there and see what you pick up, you know, put.
Speaker 4: The way the waveform works.
Speaker 8: The thing is is like analog might be adequated, but the fact is is, like I used to sell cell phones when cell phones were bagphones, and part of the reason why the.
Speaker 4: Bag phone worked was because of the way the signal and the towers work. Our new phones are great, don't get me wrong, they do all kinds of happy stuff, but the towers have to be closer now because the signal doesn't move as quickly, right, you know, like Motorola Motorola walkie talkies.
Speaker 5: Really, honestly, the only thing slowed him down was the curvature of the earth. Yeah, I know, shit, sorry, you know.
Speaker 7: But like you know, like this is why we need your background or somebody else's background. It has it. Again, I'm a generalist. I try to pick up as much as I can and try not to buy forty seven things to find out. But now you're buying this phonogra thing was the way to go. Yeah, but but again, buying a photograph of buying and buying that old crank you know would wax you know, yeah, old.
Speaker 4: Sister would be worth it.
Speaker 7: Yeah. But what I'm just saying, it's what do we have here? You know, you know, I know Larsen's in the audience from from Central Florida. Bigfoot, I mean, Matt is an old film guy, you know, and you know Jen's putting that up there is you know, why haven't we got some things? You know? Why are those old things? I mean I'm in kodak Ville. I mean Kodak and Xerox, bouch, those companies were in my hometown. I mean that that old technology. You know, what are we getting? You know how many times I've told everybody you go from your color and switch it to a negative. What are you seeing on the backside? You know, we've we've got some things there. What colors are again, We're going back into colors, but we need somebody that's a color specialist to look at things because our human eye sees different things and different set up. What are we hearing in the sound thing as well? I mean just talking with my you know now I have to use artificial hearing to help me a lot of times. What are my settings at? What was the audiologist going to put something in? I may not be hearing what you're hearing.
Speaker 3: Well, it happens because all those years of damn right, it happens all the time we're out in the woods. Hey did you hear that well? No, I didn't hear that well. I'm not crazy. Well, no, you just don't hear the same frequency I hear. You know, it's it's all about you know, identification, honing in and you know, and again did.
Speaker 7: The TV shows do they hear anything? And oh do you hear that on TV? Well, no, they're using a microphone to pick up your voice because it doesn't make good TV if all you got is cracking rocks and stones and stuff and brush, you know. And how is that little squirrel sounds like a tractor trailer instead of that bear that you don't hear sneaking up on you in the woods. I'll shut up for a minute.
Speaker 5: Sorry, you're good, right, But that's tr takes a.
Speaker 4: Lot of valid points.
Speaker 5: And like I've always said, with technology is not always getting the new stuff makes it better, you know, because like you have a lot of you have a lot of situations where you know, sometimes a cheap piece of technology will work way better than something. And like I asked you about the item you had, I said, do you need the Internet to use it? Because honestly, some of these areas the internet doesn't work. You can have the greatest program on the planet, you know that stands everything.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you what the dirt composition. And sure, if you're connected to the web, you know, otherwise it's a rock, you know.
Speaker 3: Mike having flashlights, there's one right here.
Speaker 7: There, there might be another one over here. I have lost count on how many flashlights I have. There's probably seven UV lights in my car at one time. There definitely to that do multi frequency red green white, UVY headlamps that do red green, u V blue. So yeah, there's I yeah, uh in my view right now, there's five flashlights. Where I'm sitting in this room, there's probably another five.
Speaker 3: You know, there's four lights. There are four lights, four lights, so Star Trek, right, Jennifer, I'm just I'm just talking flashlights that I can see just by picking my That was a nerd moment from Baker there, Mike.
Speaker 5: Anytimes somebody tells me there's five lights, I always go, there's four lights, four lights because the card and then he kept saying, you know, I'll let you have some water and you'll go movie.
Speaker 4: Just tell me how many lights are? Like four lights?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Anyhow, guys, we've reached that point of the show where we have to say goodbye to this week and went by quick and we didn't even have a big footballhorn. Because Vance folks has sent some good thoughts Vance as well. He's got some family stuff going on. Won't get too personal, but just send good wishes Vance Way and hope everything's going okay for our brother there. We'll have a show again in two weeks. Guests to be determined as we get closer. But Mike, thanks for taking the time and jumping on with us. We really appreciate him, and it's always good.
Speaker 7: To see you guys.
Speaker 5: You're ever at a conference and need a cable, Mike probably hasn't.
Speaker 7: That has happened a few.
Speaker 3: Times, that has happened to me, Bush pins or Mike's usually the guy that bails you out. Baker, you had a pretty good uh post you made today and I'll share it with everybody. It was kind of inspirational. It says, do crackheads say I can't get high today because I'm broke. No, they make it happen. Don't let it backhead, hustle harder than you. And that's Baker's wisdom. I think I stole that from Amy Booker's wisdom for this.
Speaker 7: Don't let anybody said anybody see Amy's live just before I totally would with Adam.
Speaker 3: No, no, I missed it.
Speaker 7: We'll go go watch it. You will be tortured for the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: But watch it after this, Henry take us out, No Baker, Hey, hey, you.
Speaker 4: Never get to see the sights and let you ask.
Speaker 3: All right, you know, Henry, good night, everybody.
Speaker 7: I gotta go. You'll be gonna be good, all right.
Speaker 3: Next time.
Speaker 9: You've been listening to Sasquatch Experience, please rate interview where this podcast has been consumed. To share your experience, visit us on Facebook, our website, or email us info at Sasquatchexperience dot com. Keep on Squatching.