Speaker 1: Something you should go.
Speaker 2: Something you should know is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA backed by physical.
Speaker 1: Gold and silver.
Speaker 2: Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide right now at Genesis goold ira dot com. Excited for a comedy call right now, it's actually not a call.
Speaker 1: He's in studio. I have Casey Kustak joining me.
Speaker 3: How you doing, man, I'm doing great.
Speaker 2: The usually they don't want to come and hang out with me. They just want to call and talk and then they can leave right away. You're stuck here for like an hour. I know enough, and it's on the radio. But boy, you are in trouble. So super excited this Friday, Valentine's Day, not one but two shows.
Speaker 3: Two shows. It's crazy. We got to get Parker in the mood. That's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, Marker, South Dakota. And here's the thing that's really cool. You got a five o'clock show, yes, and you've got an eight o'clock show.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: So, and there's probably some folks right now that are going, oh man, Valentine's Day is this Friday.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: If you don't already have a date, if you don't already have plans for you date, rather, maybe you just reach out right now and you get tickets to join them five o'clock or eight o'clock. And the longer you wait, the more limited your options are going to be. But reach out again. Kelly's Bar is where this will happen in Parker, South Dakota. And we had a chance last week to visit with Tom Abot, who's kind of pulling all this together.
Speaker 1: He is he's a fanny you by.
Speaker 3: The way, Oh really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could tell, and of Chris and I'm sorry, that's awesome. No, it was fun to visit with him, and he said that you guys have worked together before, so yeah, yes. Now let's talk a little bit about how long have you been doing stand up comedy?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, I've been doing stand up comedy for going to be twenty years this year. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: How did you get started doing this?
Speaker 3: I thought I was funny in high school. I think that's how every comedian starts, right, you know. I grew up watching a lot of Saturday Night Live and listening to the classics, you know Carlin, and I hate to say it, Cosby.
Speaker 1: Just don't go drinking with that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, not at all. And I was just like, you know, hey, I think I could do this. And then, you know, in the early aughts, comedy was kind of nothing. Yeah, there was no stand up comedy, and so you know, for all the crap that he gets, I think we have to thank him for really booming comedy back into this drasphere Dane Cook. Oh yeah, I know, right, it's crazy to say.
Speaker 1: I did an interview with Dane Cook. Here's the thing that was funny about that.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if I've ever said this on the air, but ahead of time, they're like, Okay, you can't talk about his wife and you can't talk about his brother. And I was like, yeah, what what do you mean? But yeah, they'll disconnect the call if you bring up his brother or his wife. And I'm like okay, And then I'm googling that Dane Cook's brother, Dane Cook's wife.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what's going on here? So I think did his brother leave with his wife?
Speaker 2: No, his brother stole some money money from him, Yeah, and his wife is like twenty two and he's like fifty six.
Speaker 1: Right, So I'm like, okay, I was.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have brought that up anyway, but I'm like, well, thanks for giving me the info.
Speaker 3: The internet likes to bring it up. I think the internet's great with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, he was wonderful when I talked to him. Super nice guy. And here's the thing that's neat. He also utilized social media like he did. Anybody else knew how to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my Space. He was all over my Space and how he got it.
Speaker 2: So hey, be sure to follow me on MySpace, send me a message, and then he would respond to everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it was a great show. And you get three hundred messages. He's sitting in his hotel room.
Speaker 2: Then he's just hit and reply, probably copy paste the same thing to everybody.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, you know what.
Speaker 2: He connected and and he did a lot for stand up comedy.
Speaker 3: He did ago, he did, and you know what. And I was one of those influential kids that looked at it and went, Okay, cool, I can do it. And and honestly started with a lot of mimicry and impersonations.
Speaker 1: A cookie because they're like swifties or Taylor Swift fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was a cookie at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that's what they are, but whatever it is. No, that's cool.
Speaker 2: And your style is different than his style though one of see yes, and so I would have never said, oh, he must have been a big dang cook fans. You found your own way, do your own thing, and you're a very funny guy. Every time I've seen you, I've always thought funny, funny, funny, gay.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Everybody on this show is funny, So it's gonna be a really nice show.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, everybody on this show is great. I've been fortunate enough to work with two of the three additional members of this particular show, and I'm really excited to work with Jocelyn and bad. I hope I'm saying that correctly, but I really am excited. I hear she's she is fairly new in this area. I'm my understanding from yeah, Los Angeles, so she's got the comedy chops and I'm very excited for that. Alicia Rain, I've been on one of her virtual shows during the pandemic.
Speaker 1: You think it was, I loved it. I assume comedy. I'm gonna talk to a screen and try to make the screen laugh. What am I doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I had to do something for a political party once. I was like, are you.
Speaker 1: Guys sure this kid?
Speaker 3: I had to do a zoom to do a zoom podcast from my kitchen, and I was like, this is the weirdest thing.
Speaker 1: About pants on first.
Speaker 3: But with Alicia, she did buzzline comedy for a while and I think she still does that. Yeah, And she had this little like game show esque thing and there is some improv and whatnot to it. It was a very very fun show and so I'm excited to work with her again. And then Chris Fryar is the raining uh Stage Awards for Local Comedy.
Speaker 1: Is Stage Awarde very fun?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be really good. And there's two shows, five o'clock and eight o'clock. And you were saying like, if they get there a little after five, that's okay. Yeah, and if they get their a little after eight that well, you got to.
Speaker 3: Get your tickets early because it's actually a dinner and a show. So we're gonna whine and Diane.
Speaker 2: But that's whe're getting your tickets now. Don't let it stop you you're going, well, I can't be there at five. I get off at five, and I can't get the Parker instantly get the tickets for five. If you get off at five, it takes the old time to get there. They're gonna make it work, they are, and it's gonna be fun. Everybody have a good time. And it is Valentine's Day. It is this Friday, Valentine's Day. And if you'd like to get tickets, you call and talk to a lady Ierma at Kelly's Bar, which I think this is the funniest thing, but I love that, or just reach out to Kelly's Bar in Parker.
Speaker 1: Do you have the number?
Speaker 3: I do have that number. That number is six zero five two nine seven nine seven one zero.
Speaker 1: How fun is that? Casey, thanks for coming in.
Speaker 3: Man, well, thank you, and hey, please come out to Parker support this and just a little inside treat for everybody. I've been doing acting for the last four and a half years locally. I have not done stand up comedy in two years, and so this is a return to the stand up comedy stage.
Speaker 1: DoD youel like I just saw you the other day, So that's awesome.
Speaker 3: I love that so yes, sEH, everybody's in for a good show.
Speaker 1: It'll be really, really fun again.
Speaker 2: It's this Friday on Valentine's Day and Parker, South Dakota at Kelly's Bar. You can find details on the comedy calendar at Sue Fallscomedy dot com. Something Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis Gold IR dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis goold r a dot com.