Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Oh my goodnessess all right, why.
Speaker 2: I'm to start the show, Ladies and gentlemen. It is the girl Cast. Yeah, I am Corella and happy, Happy Monday, ladies and gentlemen. I am going to be talking about President's Day today because did you know that George Washington had it all figured out and we just ignored him. I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 3: You uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged. He's the Corall Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 2: Oh what is that? There's something going on that shouldn't be there, ladies and gentlemen, and I don't know why, but we'll figure it out. Okay, it is a girl cast. I am girrel, silvery glad you are joining me. Look, we are just getting this TikTok and and Instagram thing going, and it requires a thirty second lead time to get the video going. Uh and you know it's it's just been a mess. So if there's a little problem at the beginning of the shows for the next week, give me a little grace please, because quite frankly, it's it's a lot to work out. We got YouTube, we got TikTok, we got Instagram. We're going through restream. It's a lot for one queen to do all on his own. Happy President's Day. I think we should all stop celebrating it. And I'm gonna tell you why, you know, quite frankly, now, I'm gonna give you a little history of it, and then I'm gonna tell you something that gobsmacked me last night. I mean, I sat there going Calsa prieze. I was gobsmacked at what I read. Uh, And you know, before we talk about it, I just want to say that it is It's not an accident that most of you don't know history. It is not an accident that most of you don't understand the actual workings of our nation and what our founders had in mind, what the Constitution really is about. It's not an accident that you get bored nowadays if someone tries to explain something, or if there's a two thousand word article in front of you that you don't want to read it, they and I mean the people in power have specifically targeted your attention span to make it shorter. That's what social media is about, that's what regular mainstream media is now about. Everything has to be a minute long, Everything has to be one hundred and forty characters, or you just move on. You're the problem. You let that happen, okay, and we should not be letting it happen. I was just telling my friend Lorena, who's here helping me clean. You know, I handwrite in a journal because they want want us to forget how to communicate. They don't want us to be able to handwrite each other should the power go out, should a computer go down. They don't want us to be able to freely communicate, and so they have dumbed us down. And part of that is your attention span, you know, actually paying attention to someone or something that goes on longer than ninety seconds. So when I read this last night when I was doing research for the show, I went crazy, and I went so crazy that I actually called friends at nine o'clock at night in my excitement about what I had read. So let's just get right into it. Let's start sharing right away. So today is President's Day, and for those of you of a certain age, myself included, you know that today is really Washington's birthday, which was February twenty second, and in eighteen forty five, I believe it was we started to honor George Washington by closing down DC. The city named after George Washington. Okay, Washington, DC is named after George Washington. Our capital is named after George Washington. Okay. He was the most popular man of his time. In fact, Congress asked him a question that Donald Trump would love, which is would you like to be president for life? And George Washington turned it down. He said, no, remember you get up there. I'm busy doing a show. Honey, I can't lift you up. Oh dear god, y'all have to wait a minute. I have to walk off camera. My dog meets me up. We go okay, because she is the ruler of this roost. So George Washington was the most popular president. He was the first, but he was so popular that Congress said, do you want to be president for life? People love you? And he was like, uh no, we just got out from under a king and I'm not going to become a new one. So he walked away from power, which Andrew Howard, my late husband, thought made him the greatest man around. See that's the difference between great men like George Washington and weak, horrible men like Orangina. George Washington had the power. He had the power, and he turned it in. He said, no, you know what, I'm sorry, but we just got rid of a dictator. I'm not going to become one. So he turned down being president for life. Turned it down. And then so I was researching President's Day, I said, okay, why do we celebrate it? So we celebrated because they wanted to celebrate George Washington's birthday, which was February twenty second. So President's Day up until nineteen sixty eight was on February twenty second. Okay. Then in nineteen sixty eight, when I was six years old, Congress did the Monday Holiday Bill, and that made all federal holidays fall on a Monday, so there'd be three day weekends. So suddenly we moved Washington's birthday to a Monday, the third Monday of February, meaning it would never really fall on his birthday February twenty second. So we went along with Washington's Day for a while, and then retail and the news media started calling it President's Day instead of Washington's birthday, and they started throwing Abraham Lincoln into the mix. Now, Abraham Lincoln was born on February twelfth, so it seemed okay, they both got February. You know, they're both presidents of sum Renow, so that's fine. But let's not forget that it really is Washington's birthday that we are celebrating today. They also now throw Jefferson into the mix, so they'll celebrate Jefferson, Lincoln and Washington. Washington, however, is the reason for the season. He's the reason for the day. He's who we named our capital after. He's who we put on money. So when I found this out that today is really about George Washington, some Abraham Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson, but really about George Washington, I wanted to know more. Andrew was the expert, not me. So I said to chat GPT. Was George Washington a member of a political party? Was he? Do any of you know anyone in the chat room? No, Yes, Washington had slaves. They all did. Every man of that era had slaves. That doesn't you know. Were they flawed? Yes they were flawed, But were they brilliant? Yeah? They were brilliant. So what do you any of you know? If Washington was a member of a political party, he wasn't he was not a member of a political party, and he actually opposed political parties. He didn't believe in them, and he wrote something. He felt so strongly about this that in his and address, in his farewell Address to the Nation in seventeen ninety six, he took a great deal of time to talk about political parties. Now, remember, today is the day we celebrate George Washington and his birthday. Today is the day we celebrate Lincoln and Jefferson. But do you really know what these people stood for outside of the fact that they owned slaves? Do you really know what George Washington felt about the very nation that he was the first president of. He's on our money. He is an enormously important person to America. But do you have any idea how he felt about the government that he helped set up? The banking system that we know would not exist without Washington. He and Alexander Hamilton set it up along with Madison. Did you know that? Did you know that under him two political parties formed, the Federalist Party and the Democratic Republican Party. The Democratic Republican Party led by Thomas Jefferson, the Federalists led by Madison. I believe I'll have to look it up. I believe it was Madison, could have been Hamilton. I'll look it up. But these parties were very different. And I'm going to tell you what George Washington, whose day we celebrate, had to say. Support the Carell Cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Corell channel. Just go to YouTube dot com, forward slash really Corell, that's k r e l and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 3: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, it is the Carell Cast, and I am Corel typing into the chat room, which you can get into at YouTube dot com, forward slash really Correl, or at TikTok or anywhere at Instagram. You can all chat with me. It's all at really Corel, YouTube dot com, forward slash really Correl. Go and subscribe to the channel also YouTube all right, TikTok, really Correl, and on Instagram Really Corel and it's r e A l l y k aril. Okay, So I'm researching President's Day. I find out that it's really about George Washington, that's his birthday. I asked chat GPT, was he a member of a political party? It said, oh no, no, Not only was he not a member, he didn't approve. So then I simply asked chat GPT what were George Washington's What was his stance on political parties? And it said in his farewell speech of seventeen ninety six, this is what he had to say. I want you to listen to this, and I want you to listen to it closely. All right. George Washington on political parties, feared four big things. He feared division and factionalism. Washington feared parties would turn Americans against each other, leading to conflict and weakening national security and unity. Washington warned that loyalty to a party over the country would create unnecessary rivalries. Washington thought it would be a threat to government stability. He believed political parties would seek power for themselves rather than serve the people. He worried that one party could dominate, leading to tyranny or government corruption. He worried about foreign influence and manipulation, saying that parties could make the US vulnerable to foreign nations interfering in domestic affairs by exploiting political divisions, and he worried about an erosion of trust, saying that parties would encourage misinformation, deceit, and extreme partisanship, making it harder for citizens to trust their leaders. Oh my god, every single thing that Washington feared political parties would do is happening right now as we speak. There is not one thing in his farewell address that has not come to pass. He feared we would turn Americans against each other, leading to conflict and weakening national unity. There is no national unity. Twenty four percent of Americans, twenty four percent decided to vote for a fellon criminal and about twelve percent already regretted. And that struck a wedge in between everything because of their extreme iceology, their bigotry, their hatred, and their white supremacy. And that party is MAGA and the GOP. They are one and the same. The GOP is now MAGA. So if I refer to the GOP, I'm referring to MAGA because no member of the Republican Party has the balls to stand up to Mecca. By the way, the Republican Party, it didn't start until eighteen forty five, and what was its sole purpose the Republican Party to stop slavery. That is the only reason that the Republican Party came into existence. Before that, they were part of the Democratic Republican Party of Thomas Jefferson. A group of them were really against slavery, not for altruism, some were abolitionists, but for money. There had been a law that passed that said states could decide if they wanted to have slavery or not, and a group of the Democrat Republicans said, we cannot have slavery at all period. And their reason was business. If you're in the North, you can't compete with the South in terms of goods and services because they get free labor. And if the Western states were allowed, as they developed, to have slaves, then again the North would not be able to compete with them financially. Also, Southern Democrats were very rich because of slave owning, and Southern Democrats were in the halls of Congress, and they didn't want elite rich people to populate Congress. So they worried that if slavery remained legal, or if states allowed slavery, that there would be rich slave owners in Congress. And the original Publican Party did not want that. So the only reason the Republican Party was formed was to end slavery, and the Jefferson's Party, the Democratic Republican Party, allowed them to take the name Republican with them as they broke off into a third party, although the Federalists were waning by that point. So then the two parties became the Democratic Party and the Republican Party. But they were both once in the same thing, just like all Christians were once Jews and that's all they started for, and Republicans were once the Democrats of their time. They're the ones that you know. Abraham Lincoln donated public lands for use for public universities. He built railroads, he built regular roads. He believed in infrastructure, he believed in access to education, he believed in the act abolition of slavery, and he believed black people should have the right to vote. Abraham Lincoln was a progressive by today's standards, and he was the first Republican elected official. So remember, Republicans now are nowhere near what they were when they started. And so we have this party that is following everything that Washington worried about. They have divided us. The Republican stock in trade is to divide us, and that was his number one worry, the weakening of national unity, and they destroyed unity. His other worry was loyalty to a party over country, creating rivalries. Hello, hello, Josh Holly, Marjorie Taylor Green, Hello, all of these people that are loyal to Trump and the party and not to the country. His worst fear. He worried that political parties would seek power for themselves and not serve the people. Both parties do that. Both parties want power. Now. Democrats lie a good lie and say they want party to help the people, and they do help people when they are in power. They just don't help all the people they say they're going to help, like LGBTQ people, like black people. They talk a good talk, and they blame Republicans for not being able to do more. He worried that one party could dominate, leading to tyranny. Hello, we got Trump meeting with Putin ignoring his European allies. We've got Elon Musk and the irs. We have got so much tyranny going on right now. I spoke to a gentleman this morning at my doctor's office. I asked for a discount on my Copey and they gave it to me. Always ask and he said he voted for Trump, but now he said Trump is off the rails and that he truly does want to be a dictator. And I wanted to say, well, you frickin' moron, why didn't you know that earlier? But yes, one party is dominating and it has led to cheering. Today as we celebrate washing system, we should remember his words, remember what he said. Remember hey Correll here, And I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons of Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Correll Cast, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash really Carrell. That's patreon dot com forward slash really Correll, And please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash really Carrel. There's so much great free content there. It's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablets. All social media is really corel including threads and Instagram. And don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support. The show simply doesn't work, so please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show through Patreon at patreon dot com, forward slash really correl Thanks from thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog, and let's keep the party going as long as we can. You know what pisses me off most about all of this is that both Democrats and Republicans knew about Washington's warning. They knew what could happen, and not only did they not do anything to prevent it, they used Washington's warning as a roadmap as a roadmap to do exactly what they wanted to do. Divide us, dumb us down, make us fight amongst ourselves for crumbs while the ruling class, the rich, the Elon Musk, the Jeff Bezos. Look what they're doing with gays, that's tyrannical. They have now removed trans people and the t letter from the Stonewall memorial page. There was a government page because it's now a national monument, the stone Wall in where gay pride started, and on the page for the stone Wall in they have removed any reference to trans when it was a fucking transperson that helped start the gay Pride revolution. Marsha P. Johnson, there is no LGB without the T. Now I used to be about breaking up all the uh huh. Now we need unity more than ever. My trans brothers and sisters are part of my community. You cannot have a monument to my community and wipe out the tea. And yet they've done it because they're tyrants, because they're bigots, because they're ideologues who just want to divide. And it was all foretold by George Washington, all of it, but you didn't know. Most of you did not know this. Most of you did not know that George Washington not only was against political parties but used his seventeen ninety six Farewell speech to warn us about their dangers. Most of you did not know that he thought that parties could make the US vulnerable to foreign nations interfering in our business and our elections, as Russia and China now regularly do. Most of you did not know that he thought parties would encourage misinformation, deceit, and extreme partisanship, and make it harder for us to trust our officials, like news like Meta, like threads, like all of it, like Facebook. Most of you didn't know that. Most of you didn't know that. He feared that parties would turn us against ourselves. His biggest fear that we would hate other Americans. And yet they have, they absolutely have, and they are a threat to government stability. The greatest threat to America today is the two party system. And what do we do about it? They will never let us unseat them. They will never the Democrats and Republicans would never let us disband those parties. But it's the only thing that will save our government, and they'll never let it happen. So what do we do. We watch it fall. We watch it fall. And we know that our founders predicted the fall if we did not heed their warnings. And so we should stop celebrating President's Day. MAGA doesn't want to celebrate today. MAGA does not want the values and views of George Washington or Thomas Jefferson or Abraham Lincoln. MAGA would call them names today, would vilify them, would call them pedophiles and baby killers and all kinds of things. MAGA would not like Abraham Lincoln giving federal land for public universities, MAGA wouldn't like Lincoln spending money on infrastructure to make America stronger. MAGA wouldn't like that Abraham Lincoln said black people should have equal rights to vote. And MAGA certainly wouldn't like Thomas Jefferson, who believed in states rights, states empowerment, who was having an affair with a black woman and having a child with her. Maga would not like Jefferson and his liberal views. Jefferson supported France, believed we should help the people that helped us during the war, believe that we should get involved in world conflicts as we try to pull out of Ukraine. Mago would not like the very three presidents that we celebrate today. So why do we have the day? And you mark my words. Trump is going to declare a holiday for himself, mark my words. Hitler did it, Mussolini did it, Julius Caesar did it, and Trump will do it. He will make a holiday a Maga holiday. You wait and see he will do it. You wait, all right, I'll This weekend, a lot of entertainment was focused on Saturday Night Live fifty anniversary. I was alive when it came on the air. I was twelve years old. So going on thirteen and nineteen seventy five. I adored Gilda Radner in the original cast. I don't think there's been a great cast since then. I think there's been great cast members, but not an entirely great cast. I think the original cast with the bet Jane Curtin and Gil Radner and Chevy Chase and just all of them brilliant. I don't watch Saturday Night Live. I see some of their skits. I can't bear it. It's an hour and a half. It's too long because they're not every skit's not funny. In fact, maybe two or three hit it out of the park and then the rest big yawn. The musical special they did was great. It streams on Peacock if you want to watch it. Questionable acts I didn't understand, but some were great. Share looked fabulous like an icon. Lady Gaga's voice sounded incredible singing a shallow You had Robin with David Byrne. Didn't understand any of that. Mumford and Son's doing a great version of La La la la la la la la It huh. You had the Backstreet Boy singing ah wan it bad way. So it is a fun. It was a fun special. Some of it I didn't get Jelly Roll doing a Johnny Cash thing, didn't get it. But for the most part it was great. I highly recommend you stream it three hours of fun music. As for the special itself, it brought back the greatest hits again. When they hit, they hit, and certainly some of the talent Steve Martin a treasure, Martin Short a treasure, bow And Yang a treasure, you know, some of them not so treasurable, others Eddie Murphy a treasure, you know. So yeah, they've They've made the careers of some really incredible people, but that doesn't mean the show is really incredible. And now when it hits, it hits great. When some of their skids hit, they hit big, and god knows, they haven't been afraid to do political parody. We'll see how long that lasts because even they fear what's going on in this country with Trump, and even they have toned down. They told Chappelle, do not talk about Israel, Gaza or trans people. They told him before he went out. If you do, we will cut you. So even they're into censorship now. But the big weekend, if you love it, this was your weekend. I never did it, did you? Guys? Where are you on that? I'd love to see your comments down below. It's been going for fifty years, longest thing on television and Americans, you know, American institution, bigger than the Simpsons. Where do you stand on SNL? I think if you're a progressive, you probably like it a lot more than MAGA does. But you will admit that it hasn't been great in years. It's good and there are great parts, but as a show, it hasn't been great in decades because they'll have a few great cast members, but then the others are forgettable. And that's sad because no cast member used to be I mean, come on, John Belushi, Jim Belushi, we had Chris Farley, just you know, incredible people that have gone through that show. Now there are some, but it really has given us a wealth of incredible comedic and dramatic talent, and so for that we do owe it a debt for bringing some of the greatest comics of modern day to us and breaking some musical acts that would not have gotten a shot on other shows but made their debut on SNL, like Nirvana, which played with post Malone being their lead singer wasn't bad. Actually all right, I am Corel. But who you want to be is un'n hurt? Anybody happy Washington's birthday? Remember Washington knew what was happening, and it happens. What's our way out? Well, we have to ask him and we don't have anyone why anymore in government? Who do we ask? They all die? Truly? Where are the Jeffersons?
Speaker 4: It's bloodcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 3: Yours listen daily.
Speaker 4: To the Corell cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours.
Speaker 3: Listen daily to the
Speaker 4: Correlle cast on your favorite streaming service.